Customer Reviews

4.20/5
based on 920 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: July 22, 2020

My home warranty is through Residential MD Gold. I've had them for five years now and it's okay. I got a new refrigerator, and they replaced my washer as well. My last claim with them was I had a regular maintenance on my air conditioner in June. I requested the techs because they did my service the last two times and this time, they were excellent. Last year, I also had a problem where they came out and fixed it the same day.

5.00/5

Original review: July 10, 2020

Our homeowner warranty is through our mortgage company. It was something we received in the mail and I acted upon it. Now, I just contact them, they give me an approval thing, then they give me the name of who's gonna do it. All I have to do is call the company and set up an appointment that's convenient to me. We have had electrical issues serviced and we've had our garbage disposal replaced. TotalProtect has been aboveboard and I couldn't ask for any better service. The contractors that they've sent out here have been excellent as well. The guys are here on time, they do what they've got to do, and they're gone.

4.00/5

Original review: July 23, 2020

My sister and my brother-in-law were in American Home Shield but they're in a different state. So as soon as TotalProtect became available, I decided I would join this and financially, it's been a very sound decision. Everything is working out fine. They've also gotten a whole lot better in terms of actual responding time. It is now reasonably good. But when I first started, sometimes it would be three or four days before they would get a contractor out to check out my place and check out my complaint. But now, it's usually in 24 hours or so that they are actually on the scene.

Climate Control worked on my air conditioner and they did an excellent job. They had to come back for that same unit for a different reason about five weeks apart but I paid the service charge because there were two different things that they were concentrating on. The last issue was some type of valve that was leaking. They told me that in order to replace that, because there were so many parts and so many pieces of that air conditioner in front of it, it would probably be a four-hour job. But when they came back, they finished the job in a little less than four hours.

Original review: July 22, 2020

The air conditioner was working fine one minute, and the next minute it just quit. I had a tech service it and he was very professional and considerate. He had on his mask and when he came in, he asked me a couple of questions, including where the box was. He was also very cordial, nice and smart in what he was doing because it didn't take him hardly any time to do what he had to do. He was here a very short time and he told me he had to put Freon in it as well as replace a part. Now, I'm very happy. It's been working good ever since and I am very relieved ‘cause it was very hot in here.

4.00/5

Original review: July 8, 2020

TotalProtect has been very proactive as far as when I have issues. I like that the company that they use generally is Sears that I use. There had been a few instances where they had used other people, and I did not like them. They did not do what they were supposed to do. So I called TotalProtect up and said, "The job was not completed. Please send me someone else and I do not want to pay an additional." The one thing I don't like is that, a few years ago, I was paying $35 a month, and then literally the next year, it shot up to $72 with no explanation whatsoever.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Everything's gone fine with Cinch Home Service and we've had good experience with them. The techs that they have sent out have all been very professional and very good. Recently, I had a service request for the washing machine. I set the appointment when I went online and filed the claim in just a few days. But the COVID thing caused a delay and I couldn't get an appointment for about three weeks there. We just went to the laundromat because we understood. It wasn't their fault and it was just what was going on.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I had several issues with my air condition unit. I got online to submit a claim with TotalProtect and I got the little link and went through that way. Then the service provider called me. In two days, I got someone out and they had no problem taking care of it.

Original review: July 5, 2020

We're very satisfied with TotalProtect. We've been with them for several years and they have helped us. We have used it for the washing machine, the air conditioner, and the refrigerator. It's saved us some money and it's been very affordable which is the main thing. It is a good product and we'd recommend it for several different people. Submitting a claim has never been hard. I just call them and tell them what our problem is and we have a person that's out here within 24 to 48 hours that fixes the problem. When the AC went down, we were very concerned because I have COPD. I cannot be in the heat very long. The contractor was out very quickly and the guy fixed it temporarily until he could get back with the part to completely repair it, which was very important to us.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I’ve had Sears for a couple of years and although I haven't had to use them very much, I keep them as a service provider because I want someone available in case something goes wrong. They came out on one occasion to repair a leak and I had no problem getting them here.

Original review: July 4, 2020

TotalProtect's claim process has gotten easier over the 10 years I've been with them. There's the automated process or you can do it online. For a recent claim I made, someone came out over the weekend. If it's not including the weekend, someone comes maybe two days at the most. The tech was good. As a matter of fact, it was our second time dealing with that same company. TotalProtect has been pretty good.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I had a dishwasher problem one time and the guy had to come out three times. But it had nothing to do with TotalProtect. It was just that the guy didn't know what to do. But other than that, as far as me calling in and getting service, I have never had a problem. Every time I've called, they've gotten right on it. I've had good service. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I wasn't happy with the other company and changed to TotalProtect. They’re a little bit higher but they follow through more with the service. I do my claims over the phone and I have no problem getting hold of them. The contractors have been very professional and I have no issues at all with them.

Original review: July 3, 2020

TotalProtect was offered through my mortgage company so I went with it. I only used it once and the claim went pretty easily. I started online then it went to the phone. They assigned a technician firm. I called them and got an appointment. The guy that came out was very good and professional. This was for replacing the garbage disposal and he had one in his truck. The work was done within a few days. Everything went pretty well.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I'm satisfied with the service of TotalProtect. The contractors that come out are good too.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I like their prompt service. It's been pretty good, good response. Their contractors have been all good. Everything's been good.

Original review: July 1, 2020

When I have a problem, I'll call TotalProtect and they'll give me the number of the company who's gonna come out. Then I've worked with them from that point on. I don't have any complaints about what they do. They seem to be pretty good. Otherwise, I would have moved on from there.

Original review: July 1, 2020

TotalProtect was one of the more affordable home warranty companies that would cover most of the inside of the house so I went with them. It was quick when I submitted a claim. The contractor came, looked at some electrical problems that I had and fixed them all.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I had a guy come in and fix the dishwasher. He was really good. He was the one who told me about Sears Home Warranty. I'm currently working with them now to figure out getting a plumber because Cinch doesn't have a plumber out here in this area. Cinch told me that I can call an independent plumber myself then pay for it, and they can reimburse me. The company that they suggested never returned phone calls to me or to them.

Cinch's website could be a little more user-friendly. I don't think people know the way you're supposed to do a claim 'cause sometimes it will let you and sometimes it won't. It suggested times for me, and it told me that Cinch had available time for somebody to come, but it wouldn't let me book. I don't know if it was a website issue because the girl that I talked to over the phone said that she could see them available as well. A contractor came out for my air conditioner not too long ago. She could see the appointments available, but she couldn't book them either. She kinda had to force it to do it. Needless to say, she got it worked out.

Original review: June 30, 2020

We've had TotalProtect for five years and we've had good experiences with it. When something breaks, they send somebody. We've gone through two washing machines. I don't know if the first one they gave us was a lemon but it went bad right away and they replaced it immediately. When submitting claims, I prefer to talk to a person because the automated service just gives you whoever so you don't have a choice and some of them are not good. I remember in the beginning, you would have a choice on whether this or that company. That’s the way it used to be but not now.

Original review: June 30, 2020

TotalProtect has been a blessing. It’s been working out great knowing that they've got everything covered and whenever I have to put a call in they don't put me through a lot of red tape. They get right to the source and get it covered, and I'm on my way. That's what I like. Filing a claim is not difficult at all. I’ve had some extended warranty on some furniture that I purchased in 2016 and they put me through the most complicated process of sending out a claim. It was uncalled for but I didn't have to go through that with TotalProtect. I've been very pleased with the contractors too. I like the fact that if you have 2 or 3 issues with 3 different appliances, they'll take care of it in one call for one price. They don't charge you 3 times that. That's one thing that I really am impressed about and it's one big plus for me.

Original review: June 30, 2020

One of the people I worked with had it and they told me how good it was. So I looked it up and decided to go with them 11 years ago. It was a little cheaper back then. I liked what it said and what they would do and how they would do it. Before, you used to have to call in the claim. But now you can just go online and they give you a number and a name right away and then you call this place. Their claims process was pretty simple. It gave me the name right away and I called right away. The company that they gave to me could use some improvement. But other than that, TotalProtect was fine.

Original review: June 29, 2020

My sister recommended Cinch and I'm doing good with them. I had to make one service call for my microwave and they were right on it. A couple of days later the man came out and he gave good service. He ordered a part and it came like he said it would. They came back out when they said they would. Everybody was nice and I haven't had any problems with them.

Original review: June 29, 2020

When I call TotalProtect, they pick the contractor. But I can make a name request for whom I want. As long as it's in that pool of contractors, whether it's AC, heating, plumbing, or electric, I can pick that one person if they are there. I pick the ones that I want that I know are gonna be good. I have two good ones, Reliable Heating & Air and RT&T Plumbing. I use them all the time if I ever need something good.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I'm very satisfied with TotalProtect. I haven't had a whole lot of claims but when I did, things went really smoothly. I've requested a service by phone and online, but my preference is to call in. So far, I submitted claims for my kitchen stove and my air conditioner where they sent and recommended the local people that were not on our list of service providers. They should have a wider variety of service providers, but the contractors that they sent out were both good companies. They both came out quickly and their prices were reasonable. I had to pay for some of the work done, but TotalProtect gave me money towards a new item.

5.00/5

Original review: June 28, 2020

TotalProtect is quick to respond to any call that we make with regard to any issues we have with our home. The people that they've sent out to make the repairs have been good at what they do, thorough, polite and always make the repairs that are necessary. If there are any problems, we call and they'll be right back. TotalProtect replaced our microwave, dishwasher, both of our heaters for our house, garage door opener, water heater and clothes washer. They also did repairs on our refrigerator. They did work on our cooktop range and on our clothes dryer as well.

4.00/5

Original review: June 27, 2020

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been pretty easy. I just do it over the phone. Sometimes it's tough getting a person online, but they usually get the claim in. Some contractors are better than others though. I had one work on the plumbing the last two times and he was pretty good. However, I had an issue with my dishwasher. It leaked into the basement. I was told that this could all just happen again. They insisted on fixing it and I didn't want to have a fixed dishwasher that could only do the same thing again. So I went and replaced the dishwasher. It cost me a lot of money to take care of all the damage that was done. I paid them money to come out here and they never did anything for me. They could've given me some credit towards the work they were going to do to fix it. But they ended up just charging me the deductible and did nothing. But they helped me with my air conditioning, my heating, my refrigerator and my blower over my microwave.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I’ve been using Sears for a couple of years now and it’s good. The contractor comes out and fix stuff. Then, I pay my fee, which is 70. The monthly cost for it is a little much though. I’m paying 49.99 and I don’t call them very much. But when I do have something go out or if something completely goes out, they will replace it, which is a good deal.

3.00/5

Original review: June 26, 2020

TotalProtect has a website where I can put in my claims. There's no difficulty in the process. Also, their contractors have been fine. But my concern is the coverage. I have a very old AC so I was expecting that as it is aging, the warranty will help me get that replaced. But they don't have a plan like that. It's a break and fix. The law has changed on what kind of Freon you can use in the AC and we're still stuck with the old stuff even though the device is aging very seriously. TotalProtect should have a plan to upgrade and maybe I can share in the cost.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I've had some of the big well-known names like American Home Shield and others, but I was not impressed with that crew compared to Cinch Home because they follow through and show up. I had two air conditioner issues this year and the AC guy was very knowledgeable. He got things fixed promptly and correctly. I also have a garage door issue but I need to cancel my claim for that because I just took care of it myself. But I haven't heard back from them. Other than that, things have been great with Cinch Home. When I pay for people to show up and fix broken stuff, things work well.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I love TotalProtect. I've been with them for years and they've always come through. Their claim process is okay. I just call and they take care of it. The most recent claim was my refrigerator. The young man that came was very knowledgeable and very efficient. I've referred several to TotalProtect.