Customer Reviews

3.94/5
based on 965 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Submitting a claim is pretty easy now. It used to be that when you first made the phone call, you were on hold for about 45 minutes, but that's not so anymore. It's pretty fast now and normally, whoever answers the phone is pretty congenial and easy to talk to, and then they set up an appointment for you or you can call and set one up. I like the part where I interact with the contractors and talk to them and get their advice. The quality of work has all been good. The warranty saves me a lot of money. I'm getting too old to do any work around the house, and this works out real well.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

When I submit claims for my mom to TotalProtect, I have a very good experience. I do it over the phone and the reps are able to handle my situation very promptly. I called them for our refrigerator and our freezer and the contractors that were sent were both out the next day. The contractors explained what they were doing and were very professional. We have used a home warranty before and usually, I have to wait a week or two to get a contractor out. I was very pleased with how quickly TotalProtect got somebody out.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The contractor TotalProtect sent for my dryer called and left word that we’d better try to get someone else. Something evidently happened to him and he sounded like he was really sick when he made the call. My wife called TotalProtect and they sent us another gentleman out. He came out and looked at the dryer. We asked him if he could fix it. He took some time and said that he could. He fixed dryer and we ended up paying him $125.

However, I was concerned that when my wife called TotalProtect, they mentioned something about something that they had done for us in the past. I said that I didn't understand and asked what that had to do with anything. If you’re paying for something and something goes wrong, what happened in the past shouldn’t affect anything that happens in the future. However, when our microwave and stove went out, they replaced it. Plus, they haven’t refused us anything.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I made a phone call and talked with someone at TotalProtect. Right away, they gave me the contact details of a person to call. Then I called that person and they have gotten right back with me. They had someone out before Christmas for my refrigerator that was leaking. It was the second time that they’ve been out to take care of the same problem in one year but the tech came out to check it within 24 hours after I submitted the claim. The tech was also very nice. I asked him if there was something I could do to prevent the same problem from happening but he said no. It was just the refrigerator. Other than that, I'm satisfied and I'm pleased with the repairs that I've gotten from TotalProtect so far.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We got TotalProtect Home Warranty through our mortgage company. They sent a leaflet and for 40 bucks a month, it sounded good. So we signed up for it and we've been doing that for several years. They're really very good. Submitting a claim to them has been fine. You make a phone call or send an email, online and they call to ask what the problem is, and they send somebody to evaluate. It was $75, now it's up to $100 for that process. And then, they go back wherever they came from and talk with the higher-ups like does it pay to order a part or to replace it. So far, we've gotten our washing machine replaced because it was so old they couldn't get parts, and the hot water heater too. The most recent claim was the stove and we just had it replaced because it was also very old. The contractor that came out was very nice. They’re usually local companies that they get that are close by and they seem to know what they're doing.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

When I was looking for a warranty provider, I liked what TotalProtect covered. Plus, their prices were great. I went with them and since then, I just call them when I have claims and tell them what my issue is. Thus far, their reps have been very professional and give good customer service. They then ask me for my address and my warranty number and they set me up right then and there.

I call their contractor the next day if I submit my claim after hours. TotalProtect's contractors usually come within a day or two to fix my problem. The contractors I've had have been very knowledgeable and they do a good job. The last tech who came here got the part needed the same day instead of ordering it then coming back the next day. That was awesome. I'd tell others to use TotalProtect's warranty.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

TotalProtect needs to monitor the contractors that they use a little better. Some technicians are good and some are bad. I had one work on plumbing that I would never have in my house again. But then I’ve had others work on plumbing who were fairly competent people. You never know who you’re gonna get. It’s not like they’re consistent with their contractors. They can’t keep the same people working for them. I guess they lowball whoever does anything. I also don’t really understand somebody driving here to work on an appliance in my house from 60 or 70 miles away. I do live in rural Alabama but there are technicians in the area. They should hire the local people in the area.

Another thing is that I prefer to file claims by telephone but TotalProtect doesn’t seem to be supporting that as well. They want you to do it all online, which makes sense. But on the telephone, sometimes, the people are easy to deal with and sometimes, they’re not. Usually, with these people, English is not their first language. But in general, I’m not displeased. I've had the service for five years now and I haven’t stopped because the warranty has helped me in a couple of major instances. When I had an air conditioner problem, the contractor came and worked on the air conditioner, and all it cost me was my initial fee. Yet I imagine it costs much more than that.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

We've had TotalProtect for 10 years and they're very conscious of what we need. When we need something, it happens. One time, I called them for our heater and they got very nice people who took care of it the same day.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My experience with TotalProtect has been really good. So far, I've been totally protected. Submitting a claim has been super easy as well. When I call in, it recognizes my phone number and brings up my account. I don't have to remember anything so that's good. I called TotalProtect about my heater a few months ago and they said somebody would be in touch with me. And I got a phone call within the hour and the contractor came the next day. I was very impressed with the contractor that came out. The guy was explaining to me what he was doing. I also knew to expect the $125, the cost I'm gonna incur. And it was pretty comforting to me.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We haven’t had any really bad experiences with TotalProtect other than one recently. We found out that if intermediate to advanced appliance replacements or repairs are involved that they usually do a really good job, with the plumbers and electricians and so forth. But we haven’t had a great deal of luck with the handyman components. I don’t know why that is. I guess it’s because there’s not enough profit to justify the time that they have to spend with the thing.

But as far as the processing of the claim they have done a really good job because the personnel involved never complain and never have to contact me with a follow-up to the payment. Even though they often follow me up to make sure that everything is okay, sometimes, even two or three times a day or so. So, it looks like they’ve got some really good ones, and maybe some on the lower scale that aren’t as top-notch as possibly they could be. But we’re not complaining. They’re doing their job. The only other thing would be related to the smaller handyman jobs. Anything that could be done to improve that aspect would be very helpful. At this time, I’m very hesitant to even utilize the handyman service again. But I would recommend TotalProtect especially for the major jobs.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

We're really happy with TotalProtect. But if they keep going up on price we might change. Recently, we submitted a claim for the plumbing on the water heater and the first pair of guys that came by just checked it out and verified that it was bad. They were kind of curt or not the friendliest. But the person that installed it was excellent, very nice, and very polite. TotalProtect also replaced our air conditioning and heating that went out. But they didn't really recognize the fact that there's anybody close by in this town that could handle the job and we had to find our own on that one. There are people here in Mexico and that was who we ended up using. The company's name was Mommens and I had to call TotalProtect to get them recognized. Then, they called them and our claim got taken care of locally. For the plumbing issue, the guys also came from two hours away.

Aside from the fact that TotalProtect always picks somebody way far away, if we have any trouble with that service, we have to have them come out again and they were far away. TotalProtect also tends to have young people handling that part of the claims process who don't really understand or recognize the fact that we have people here that can do the job and that TotalProtect already uses them for things. So, I'd appreciate it if TotalProtect recognizes that we have people here in Mexico, Missouri who can handle the service and who they recognize and work with. But even though we have those problems with distance, TotalProtect has done a really good job.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I don’t have to use TotalProtect that often but when I do, the issue has always been covered. Although they went up on the deductible from 75 to 100, they are always right on it whenever I have a problem, except when I use the Sherwood Heating and Air in Sherwood, Arkansas. I was not pleased with Sherwood Heating at all. I never could get ahold of them. I've called and left messages, but they never called me back. They told me that they couldn't get to me until the following week. But I really needed the service then. Moreover, when they came out, they fixed one thing, then had to come out again. The last time I called TotalProtect, I told the rep that I didn’t wanna use Sherwood Heating. She picked out All South at Hot Springs. She gave me the number to call and I called on Sunday, expecting to get an answering machine. But the contractor answered the phone and came up the next day and fixed the problem immediately.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I had a pipe tube burst a leak in between floors on Christmas day and the plumbing job was good. The guy couldn't come until the day after and when he did, he checked it and said he could only cut a foot. That wasn’t enough and I had to get somebody to cut a foot for him to come in and fix the pipe. That didn't happen until the following day, but he fixed the problem. He was great. I had to file an insurance claim, so I’m waiting for that and for somebody to come fix the hole in the ceiling. TotalProtect is very good.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect has been good. I usually do it on the phone. I've had a good experience with the technicians as well. They've been very helpful. The thing is if they come in and do the toilet, but it keeps backing up and backing up, I would just prefer to get a new toilet. They're not that expensive. And for $150, they should just give me a new toilet. That stuff is inconvenient because then I pay 150, and it didn’t stop it 'cause it should be replaced. So now, I'm still gonna have to get somebody to replace the toilet. They just keep holding on to the equipment too long. They should just replace it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Doing claims with TotalProtect was simple. But I noticed in the last couple years they’ve tried, like everybody else, to make it so that you never talk to a human, which I’m not real thrilled about. I felt more secure and better when the information was received better because one time I had a bad vendor and stuff like that and they tried to give me this vendor again and I didn't want it. And I don’t know what I’d have to do to have that happen again because everything’s so automated. But my most recent claim was for a furnace repair. The contractor came after two days. For the most part, I’ve been very satisfied with them. Overall, it’s been pretty good. I just like to have the ability for more human interactions sometimes.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

TotalProtect is good, and I'm glad we have it. We got heat when we didn't have the unit and it was a slow process because we had to wait. We have to use who they assign to us. This happened to us when our air conditioner broke a few years ago and who they choose is not who I would choose, but they did a good job. I would like to use my own heating people. I know who's dependable and people who are willing to work with TotalProtect is who they use, but they don't know their reputation here. I understand why they do that but the homeowner is best equipped to choose their technician in their area. Still, it's a wonderful service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I needed peace of mind and took a risk and got TotalProtect warranty. I've been with them for 12 years now and submitting claims has been pretty easy. It’s better to talk to people and they let us know quickly on when to expect the contractors. Some of the contractors are fine, but there are a few that don’t seem to get it fixed right sometimes. If I run into an issue, I'd call TotalProtect and tell them I’d rather have somebody else and they either get another vendor out or they couldn’t find anybody, so they'd send me money or they would give me credit. If you know people, you can find people to do it, but that’s not what I paid for a service.

I had an issue with the dishwasher backing up and the dishwasher guy came and said that there was nothing wrong with it. The plumber came out and said nothing wrong with the plumbing. Each time, I paid 120 bucks and I was not happy about that. I had to replace the dishwasher which cost me $750 and that was a disappointment.

Right now, I had a toilet that cracked. Nobody took a hammer to it and it was leaking. It fell under misuse and abuse. The guy explained that it was standard wear and tear so TotalProtect wouldn't cover it. It didn’t make any sense to me. My mom got toilets in her house, it’s been there for 30 years so how would he know that this was the manufacturing flaw that took several years to come out? But he wouldn’t budge on it. I had to pay $350 to have a toilet replaced. TotalProtect is good but not great. When I first got the policy, it was a $50 deductible. Now every time they send somebody, it’s $120 unless it’s for the same thing. I don’t agree with how they raise the deductibles and that’s been the last couple of years. That’s significant. But overall, I would give it a plus. It’s worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I haven't had any problems with TotalProtect as far as the claims. In fact, my most recent one, on my air conditioning unit, went fine. I called the provider that they sent me then the technician came out and fixed the problem.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

TotalProtect responds to service requests quickly and the service is done to my expectations. The price sounds about right, too. I've been with them for about 18 months now and so far, my experience has been great.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

TotalProtect does what they say. I have a problem, they take care of it. Plus the reps know what they are doing. They give me the right references right away. The only thing I am not very happy about is their rate. They are not being competitive right now. The reason I am staying with them is because I am lazy, and I don’t want to look for another company. But I had offers for $45, and the service call was only $70. I have been with them for a long time and every time, it’s higher and higher.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

We got a refrigerator that has some type of a fan shutter. The contractor has been out here four times and replaced the entire component and it's still doing it. They're supposed to be coming back out here today to evaluate it again. But after four times and $125 a pop for them to come, I'm about to the end with this refrigerator.

The contractor has been extremely supportive. The first guy came out and said they've ran across this before. He altered the drain line and he said, "Let's see if that works and if it doesn't work, we'll have to change out the fan." It didn't work. The rattle came back. They came back out and tried another thing. But once again, it didn't work either. Then they sent out somebody new, and he looked at me and said, "Well, if it's not doing it now, there's nothing I can do about it." He told me to record it next time. So we recorded the noise. They came back out, replaced the entire component and the entire fan assembly. But four days later, it was doing the exact same thing.

I called TotalProtect and told them what was going on. They told me they would get back to me quick. But nothing. After about last week, I went back into the system again. The system to place the claims is not all that cumbersome. But to get somebody on the phone is ridiculous. I spent an hour and a half last night trying to get somebody on the phone. The lady I talked to last night was very pleasant and she told me the exact same thing that the local repair shop did. The first step is we've got to notify them that we're waiting a deductible and then they can come out and evaluate it. But that hadn't happened yet.

It seems like they say they're gonna do something, it should be a couple key strokes and it doesn't happen. You gotta call back a couple of times. But the contractor has been very helpful and very willing to work with us. They're waiting for TotalProtect to get off their ** and tell them that they've waived the deductible for them to come out and evaluate the refrigerator, which apparently is the first step since we have to replace the refrigerator. But we haven't heard from TotalProtect.

I also called in the summer about whether or not that the pool heater was covered. They said, "No. That would be an additional $23." I told them it was fine, and it was automatically withdrawn. It was through Redstone Federal Credit Union. They just automatically stipend the premium out of my checking account. I was looking at my checking account and I noticed that the premium fee has not gone up that $23.

I called them back in September and they said, "I see your notes here. They just never added it on. There'll be another 90-day waiting period." But when I looked at my December statements, I noticed the same damn thing. My additional premium was still nulled. So I called them a third time and they said they would go ahead and add it on. They told me that they saw that I paid by credit card for the additional two months, and that they would waive the 90 days and they would do it right now. So I'm waiting to see whether or not they would get the premium right.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I submit my claim over the phone and they tell me when the contractors are coming. Overall, my experience has been okay.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

We’ve had some trouble with getting a microwave and our garage doors fixed. We moved in this garden home four years ago. But in the other place, we were there for 10 years and we’ve had no problems with TotalProtect. This garden home was built 12 years ago and a piece was broken with one of the garage doors. I called and TotalProtect sent a company out who just replaced the whole drive unit. Then in November, the other one did the same thing. I called them back but they said I couldn't do both within the same year cycle. The year cycle was ending at the end of November so I waited until then and called it back in. They sent the same company out here and replaced that one. So it's a good service. It was also a good company that they sent out here. They knew what they were doing and were very efficient.

For the microwave claim, TotalProtect sent a company out here and that company worked on it. It worked well for a while but then all of a sudden, it didn’t work. TotalProtect sent another company out and that guy came in. He had the part on his truck and he put it in. He tried to get it to work and it worked but he said there was still something wrong. He called and told TotalProtect what the part was but it was so old, they couldn’t find it. So TotalProtect just sent me an email saying what they were gonna do. I could either choose one of the microwaves in a series or they would send me a check and I could go buy what I wanted. We chose the one in the series and then they sent it out here. The guy came and put it in, and everything has been good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I had a different company before but they were pretty shoddy and I wasn’t happy. My air conditioning guy told me about TotalProtect and I have been with them for under a year now. I recently submitted a claim for a stove when one of the burners was not heating up correctly and the process was very easy. TotalProtect sent out a tech within a few days and it was fast. Also, the tech was hysterical and I loved him. I’m definitely gonna call him back.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I’m pleased with TotalProtect Home Warranty. I even recommended them to my neighbors and one other gentleman.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I’ve had service for at least seven years and there's been no difficulty in submitting claims. I call them in and the people are nice. Also, the contractors are good in being here and getting things fixed.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The TotalProtect package was covering a little more, and the deductible that I had to pay, $125, wasn’t bad. The communication flows and I don’t have a problem when time comes when I need them. The contact numbers they give me to get a repairman is legit. The ones that came here were real professional and they got the job done. They don’t tarry. Once the thing is approved, they do the job.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect has been very easy. I like the way I'm able to go directly onto the website, put a request in and get a number. What I would like to see if having, on that website, an option of requesting a particular vendor, one that’s earned people’s respect in the way they do the business. They ought to be able to reward them by requesting their services again. TotalProtect doesn’t have that option on the website. It’s just, “I’ve got a problem with an HVAC system,” and then, I get an email back saying we need to contact this company. I would like to be able to select a vendor that has performed well. I used TotalProtect for my HVAC system and if I would have an HVAC issue again, I would like to have the vendor that I had the last time.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I’ve used them a couple of times already and they’ve been very good. Even their contractors are very good, so it’s worked out real fine. I submit claims over the phone and customer service does their jobs well.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I’m satisfied with TotalProtect Home Warranty for now. The techs have been courteous and when they fix something, it’s fixed and I haven't had to call them back so far.