Customer Reviews

2.91/5
based on 590 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: May 20, 2018

Two years ago, my whole heating system went and I talked several times with people at the TotalProtect customer service when I filed a claim. They were wonderful, making sure we got an energy-efficient heating system replacement. The guy they sent out filed for rebates and everything that we got. They were really very informative and I’ve never had a problem calling or filing a claim. I appreciate it. And then just recently, we had a water leak and we thought it was the radiator and the company TotalProtect sent was wonderful as well. They came out quickly and they diagnosed the problem and they came back within a week and repaired the whole thing.

Every couple of weeks, I get another company that wants my business. I just delete them. I’m not changing. Everything we’ve had done with TotalProtect Home Warranty has been very good. If you get good service, you keep good service. In fact, my brother has purchased a home near ours in another town and he’s only a couple of years into his home, but we’re talking about telling him to get TotalProtect for his house too.

5.00/5

Original review: May 10, 2018

I've been really pleased with TotalProtect Home Warranty. The claim submission has been very good and their reps are prompt. But if I call customer service in the afternoon I'll get put on hold. Maybe they are closed and I wish it would say because I wait on hold for a long time. Nobody came on and it just kept playing music so I finally had to hang up. I'm in Arizona and they're probably in Eastern time. I call back in the morning and I usually get through right away.

When I signed up my son I was wanting to make sure it was gonna be coming out through my account because when they closed, the mortgage company put their own home warranty on and we told them we want to go with TotalProtect. So they took that $400 and applied it to TotalProtect and then wanted to make sure that it was gonna start coming out of my bank account. There was a bit of a problem with that, but overall, it's fine now.

The companies that TotalProtect uses had been really good and I've been pleased with them. On the other hand, they could not come out for my kitchen sink because I didn't have faucet extra-coverage on. I ended up getting a new faucet and Able Plumbing came out. I had them do my bathroom too because my toilet was leaking and I was real pleased with that as well. I referred my boss and he signed up. Also my son and his fiancee bought a house and I signed him up. I recommended TotalProtect to my friend and they're gonna be signing up, too.

5.00/5

Original review: April 22, 2018

I’ve had a home warranty for years. We had it first for the appliances. But now, TotalProtect has a maintenance program where they come out once a year for the different appliances, plumbing and electrical things. Whenever I submit a claim the reps call right back. And if the first company who comes can’t fix the problem, TotalProtect selects the second company to come out. I submit the claim both over the phone and online but the phone is easier than online. So I’d rather do the phone and talk to a person. The reps know what they are talking about and how to get the service I need and the questions that I ask were answered.

My husband was around when the first technician came out. But I was referred to another one. Both technicians were ahead of time. They were the first one on the list and were there right away. The second time the technician came, he didn’t call first and was at the door. But otherwise, everything was fine and they did a good job. The quality of work performed was very good and I will refer people asking to TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: May 17, 2018

I had a home kitchen redone and I was interested in getting a policy. So I went online and did a marketing survey. TotalProtect Home Warranty came out on top. They had more to offer. They had $1000 for the deductible on the house and now, they've reduced it to $500. I don’t appreciate that because I had that in the beginning and that was one reason I went with them. But they do take care of Samsung appliances. They fixed my stove and my refrigerator. They just put the ice maker in and they fixed the fan three times. It was not cooling and water was going in but now it's fixed. The dishwasher took us a while to get fixed but finally we got the heating element in. This last time, they did all three at one time for the $100 deductible. I have paid $100 several other times on other stuff though.

You can get more than one done on one call but you have to have it set up for the appliances all at one time and have them listed out. To submit a claim, you can do it online or call them in. I've called mine in because I'm usually computer-oriented but I do not like their online program. Most of the website is not flowing smoothly. I figured I had a problem too though. I was trying to pay monthly and they have me setup for yearly. They're making me pay the whole amount at one time. They changed systems over while I've been using them so it's been an experience. Plus when I did the $47, the $49 came back in and I didn't think that was wise. They charged me two extra bucks to do it online. We used to get a discount for doing things online.

That aside, I like TotalProtect and I'm very happy with them. I would highly recommend them. My appliances are going but I'm not having to buy another $3200 fan for my refrigerator. My appliance is stainless steel and I want it to stay that way. They can fix crap inside of them. And when I had a brand new bathroom put in, I had to re-put my commode in but something broke in and all of a sudden, water was dripping out. So we called them up and technicians came in and fixed it that day. I didn't like one of the technicians in the beginning but I love all of them now.

5.00/5

Original review: April 21, 2018

I’ve had TotalProtect Home Warranty for a while. Their price was good and I liked the stuff they offered like the deductible on a homeowner insurance when we have a claim. They have excellent service. When I get a claim, I submit a claim online to get the contractor schedule and they are on the spot, I don’t have to wait. On the other hand, the technicians were very friendly, very down-to-earth and they talked to me. They explained things, and they got things done. Overall, the quality of work performed was excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: April 6, 2018

I’ve happened to ask TotalProtect to assist me on a few occasions, and they have been good. At the latest time, they appointed a technician to come out in no time at all. It was for my heating and the guy did his job and I paid the deductible. When I have a problem, I call TotalProtect on the phone and their response is good. So far, so good. And hopefully, it won’t change. I’ve been with them for a few years and I haven't had a problem.

1/5  to 5/54
Consumer Increased Rating!

Original review: March 10, 2018

Representatives don't even care for customers, called for service repair during cold day, they just handed me the Tel no and told us call and arrange for our-self, i requested to check the providers, Representatives don't even know their providers work on those days or not, also their providers are poor with customer service they don't responded to call or messages, if they call we will be dead by that time. this is not the first time happening like this, frustrated by their service thinking to change, i'm their customers for 71/2 years.

sorry for other customers those you have same experience.

5.00/5

Original review: March 3, 2018

I've had TotalProtect for a long time and when I submit a claim, the process has always been very easy. Their representatives have been helpful when I've spoken to them but for the past couple of calls I made, I've been able to just do everything through the automated service. TotalProtect's service has been great and I've had quality vendors. I've always been satisfied with the good quality of their work and there was no need to have anyone come back. I am 100% satisfied with my experience. I would recommend TotalProtect without reservation to anybody who will be looking for a home warranty protection plan. I would also retain TotalProtect forever.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I had Sears for a long time, but the fees were starting to go up, so I tried to find someone that wasn’t quite as expensive, and I went with TotalProtect Home Warranty. I submit my claims over the phone, and they usually send someone out in a few days to check. I have had a couple of claims, one for my washing machine and then for my refrigerator icemaker. TotalProtect Home Warranty has been very sufficient, and I already have recommended them. They do good work and they're very professional, and I think it's a good company.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I had Choice and American Home Shield, and Choice was awful. TotalProtect was much better because they will fix things where Choice wouldn’t. I’ve had two claims filed with TotalProtect and they’ve gone well. There was one that they fixed the toilet and they replaced everything. That was really done well and has been there for six weeks now. Submitting claims was very easy and my interactions with the reps were good. Also, the technicians were great across the board. The TotalProtect team is very attentive and got the job done without much effort. Good quality of service so far and the experience was great.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Our previous warranty from a different company has expired. We found TotalProtect online and that their price was good for us. So, we decided to just go with it. Their claims process online was very simple and easy. I like that I get a call right back and there’s no wait time for someone to come out and fix the problems, whatever it may be. Recently, I had a septic issue. They looked at the problem and realized that they were unable to fix it since it wasn’t covered. But their tech was able to give me information so I can reach out to the right people. I know some people would charge us for just coming out, but TotalProtect waived that fee for us. Everything was on point and on time. I've been with TotalProtect for a little over two years now and it was a convenient experience overall.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We've mostly submitted claims online and it has been easy and quick with no problems. The few reps I've talked to over the phone have been fine and the technicians have all been very professional and done a good job. I've very satisfied with TotalProtect Home Warranty.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We knew that our house was an older home and it would be needing some work so we decided to purchase a home warranty with TotalProtect and we've been with them for five years. Six weeks ago, I submitted a claim for a very old furnace that had a crack in it. I did it over the phone and my dealing with their claims rep was very pleasant. Their technician was very nice and polite. He did a good job but it took him a good while to get it put in. We’d had them out a couple of other times for an appliance repair and we've always been pleased with them. They were very professional and we had a very good experience with them. They got the job done and after they finished everything, it looked great.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I called TotalProtect for most of my claims and they sent somebody out. The reps and technicians were good. So far, I've had a very good experience with TotalProtect and I'll continue on with it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had had a home warranty with the previous company. They kept raising their prices so, we started looking for another company and someone referred me to TotalProtect. We live in the desert, so it’s really hot in the summer and air-conditioning is a must. We submitted a claim due to a problem with our AC unit and they were very responsive and addressed the problem quickly. They sent a company out that we enjoyed working with. The technician was wonderful, he kept us informed of what was going on and got the problem fixed. It’s been several months now since the repair and the AC has been working fine. We're very happy.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for many years now. I've used HomeServe too at one point. I left HomeServe since they didn't cover my air conditioning and wanted an additional $500 to get the part. It was a bit expensive. I went back to TotalProtect and I've been pleased with them. They did the installation and everything and it was covered by my service charge. Everybody's been quite efficient and very thorough. I've submitted about five claims and the people they send do a good job. They seem to all want to have a business concept working with TotalProtect. With the air conditioning, they came and analyzed it, ordered the part, and then came back and fixed it. They were prompt and neat. I just had a guy who worked in my bathroom and he was very good, too.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for five years now. My wife goes online to submit claims and I do it over the phone sometimes. I mostly dealt with the pool people and they've been fine. I would recommend TotalProtect from what is done and what I've had with them. It was a good experience overall.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for a few years now and my experience with them has been very good. They're very reliable. Our home is aging and things happen so a home warranty is for our peace of mind. Submitting a claim with them has been effortless. Once, they assigned a company to me that had negative information in Better Business Bureau so I called TotalProtect back and they assigned me another company. The contractor from the other company came out on time and did an excellent job within 20 minutes, which was very quick. I look forward to more opportunities with TotalProtect in the future.

5.00/5

I own a home, which makes sense to have a home warranty, and I've been with TotalProtect for a year now. When I submitted my first claim over the phone, there was no wait time and everything went smooth and well. The claim was for my AC and a tech fixed it the next day. My experience with TotalProtect was excellent and I'm satisfied.

5.00/5

We've been with TotalProtect for over a year now and we've submitted claims twice. We submitted over the phone and it went perfectly fine. They were very kind and the wait time was very short. The technicians were very professional. TotalProtect met all of our standards and we are 100% satisfied with them.

5.00/5

I have been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for 10 years and my experience with them has been very convenient and very smooth. My recent claim went fine. They came and checked the AC unit, found the problem, and then rectified it. Their technicians were very good.

5.00/5

I've had TotalProtect for about five months and so far, so good. I filed a claim over the phone and everybody was great. It didn't take long and they were very helpful. The claim was for a pipe that was corroded that led into our bathroom. They only had to replace one small part of it, and they took care of it all in one shot. The tech came in, did his thing, and he was very professional. I was pleased with how easy filing a claim was. It’s very consumer-friendly, and it seems to work. I had a great experience with TotalProtect, and I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I’ve been with TotalProtect for many years and we’ve had several projects that they’ve gotten done - a dishwasher, a floor, an air conditioning system, a refrigerator, etc. When submitting a claim, the process and customer service have always been fine. They have a procedure and if you do that procedure, someone gets in contact with whoever is going to fix it. Most of the companies that they choose are companies that I am familiar with. They are all locals and they’ve always done what they are supposed to do to successfully fix the problem. And that’s all you can ask for.

The contact with the home office has always been fairly seamless, because it’s up to whoever they have as their contractors. They have always been very responsive throughout the case and I heard back from them immediately on what the resolutions would be. We’ve had some claims that were not a one-shot deal. We’ve had some that took a great deal of time. So we talked back and forth repeatedly and they have come through. We have no complaints with them over the years.

TotalProtect also has an excellent website. They give you valuable information via email all the time - specifics on what the different issues are that I'm going to face or whatever home system is more effective. In the summer time, it's about the lawn, and in the winter time, when the season’s changing, what appliances are going to have problems and what systems are the most that are going to require attention. And these are the things you need to look after. My inbox is full of that stuff because they do a lot of information, almost like a Consumers Digest of information. There’s a lot to keep or stuff that you don’t really realize comes with the service but it does. TotalProtect is a valuable home service to me.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I saw an advertisement and my friend told me she had TotalProtect too. It has been over a year since we had TotalProtect and I like the quality of their service. They are great. I have made a claim and it was taken care of. The technician was very nice too. I would recommend TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been contemplating to get a home warranty for a little while. My sister had one with TotalProtect and I went ahead and did it. Whenever I submit a claim, I did it online. They sent somebody and gave the number to call. The technician that they sent and the quality of work performed were both great.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for quite a few years and when there was a leak in our kitchen faucet, I had that fixed through them. Their reps were great and the technician was good.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I’ve always had TotalProtect and submitting a claim is easy. They're wonderful and I have no problem with them. The service is great and after 25 years, that’s something. I love them and I recommend them to everybody all the time.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We have had TotalProtect for about three years and submitting a claim with them is simple and easy. I get a call and then they tell us the contact to whoever needs to come and fix the problem. The contractor comes, finds out what the problem is and it works out fine. I got a call from somewhere along the line. They had to replace some equipment in our house and someone called to tell me what TotalProtect could do about it. It took me by surprise that they called me themselves instead of the technician relaying information. They were very nice and business-like, so they did a really good job. They did what they said they were gonna do and they were very cordial about it. It made me happy that everything got taken care of.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My TotalProtect warranty came with the purchase of my house and I have forgotten all about it until they sent me a letter some time ago. I called them questioning and then they enlightened me about the different services that they have. It was wonderful and I'm glad that I have the warranty. I have used it and I was very pleased. They were very professional, to the point and answered my questions. When the technician came out, he introduced himself and did some repairs. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

TotalProtect came with the home financing and they’ve been handling my claims. I submit claims over the phone and the only time I had a communication problem with them was when they had the hurricane in Florida. The connections were bad but they connected me with somebody else and my issue was resolved.