Customer Reviews

3.53/5
based on 472 ratings
Read more reviews

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Marie – We love you too! Thanks for your loyalty and allowing us to make your home management needs easier. - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I’ve always had TotalProtect and submitting a claim is easy. They're wonderful and I have no problem with them. The service is great and after 25 years, that’s something. I love them and I recommend them to everybody all the time.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Bashir –Thank you for your feedback, and your patience during the storm. We’re glad we were able to provide the help you needed to resolve your claim. – Amanda

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

TotalProtect came with the home financing and they’ve been handling my claims. I submit claims over the phone and the only time I had a communication problem with them was when they had the hurricane in Florida. The connections were bad but they connected me with somebody else and my issue was resolved.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

B – It’s great to hear we are meeting your expectations! Thanks for taking time to share your feedback with us. - Amanda

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I’ve been with TotalProtect for many years and we’ve had several projects that they’ve gotten done - a dishwasher, a floor, an air conditioning system, a refrigerator, etc. When submitting a claim, the process and customer service have always been fine. They have a procedure and if you do that procedure, someone gets in contact with whoever is going to fix it. Most of the companies that they choose are companies that I am familiar with. They are all locals and they’ve always done what they are supposed to do to successfully fix the problem. And that’s all you can ask for.

The contact with the home office has always been fairly seamless, because it’s up to whoever they have as their contractors. They have always been very responsive throughout the case and I heard back from them immediately on what the resolutions would be. We’ve had some claims that were not a one-shot deal. We’ve had some that took a great deal of time. So we talked back and forth repeatedly and they have come through. We have no complaints with them over the years.

TotalProtect also has an excellent website. They give you valuable information via email all the time - specifics on what the different issues are that I'm going to face or whatever home system is more effective. In the summer time, it's about the lawn, and in the winter time, when the season’s changing, what appliances are going to have problems and what systems are the most that are going to require attention. And these are the things you need to look after. My inbox is full of that stuff because they do a lot of information, almost like a Consumers Digest of information. There’s a lot to keep or stuff that you don’t really realize comes with the service but it does. TotalProtect is a valuable home service to me.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Gloria – Thanks for your loyalty and recommendation. We appreciate you! - Amanda

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I saw an advertisement and my friend told me she had TotalProtect too. It has been over a year since we had TotalProtect and I like the quality of their service. They are great. I have made a claim and it was taken care of. The technician was very nice too. I would recommend TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Noble –We are here for you and look forward to servicing you for years to come. Thanks for sharing your experience. - Heather

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been contemplating to get a home warranty for a little while. My sister had one with TotalProtect and I went ahead and did it. Whenever I submit a claim, I did it online. They sent somebody and gave the number to call. The technician that they sent and the quality of work performed were both great.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Mark – We are here to help and are delighted to hear you had a great experience. - Heather

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for quite a few years and when there was a leak in our kitchen faucet, I had that fixed through them. Their reps were great and the technician was good.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Charles – Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and kind words! - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We have had TotalProtect for about three years and submitting a claim with them is simple and easy. I get a call and then they tell us the contact to whoever needs to come and fix the problem. The contractor comes, finds out what the problem is and it works out fine. I got a call from somewhere along the line. They had to replace some equipment in our house and someone called to tell me what TotalProtect could do about it. It took me by surprise that they called me themselves instead of the technician relaying information. They were very nice and business-like, so they did a really good job. They did what they said they were gonna do and they were very cordial about it. It made me happy that everything got taken care of.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Candelaria – We are happy to have you as a customer and are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My TotalProtect warranty came with the purchase of my house and I have forgotten all about it until they sent me a letter some time ago. I called them questioning and then they enlightened me about the different services that they have. It was wonderful and I'm glad that I have the warranty. I have used it and I was very pleased. They were very professional, to the point and answered my questions. When the technician came out, he introduced himself and did some repairs. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Lillie - We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My overall experience with TotalProtect has been very positive. We call about the problem and speak to a rep and the customer service have always been polite, courteous and very helpful. They contact someone. Sometimes within few hours or a day, you get a response back. Once the appointment is set up they send someone out. TotalProtect will give a name of the contractor. They will contact the contractor, they will give you the contact information about that person. You'll reach out to that person or they will reach out to you. If you don't hear from them, then you can reach out to them. One time, one of the subcontractors didn't respond right away. I had to contact the TotalProtect again and let them know that I did not receive a notification from these people.

The technicians have been very helpful and polite. The length of time until they come out can vary from a few hours to a day depending on the problem that exists and the people TotalProtect has to contact. I'm pleased with the quality of the technicians' work. They wouldn’t waste time if the item couldn't be repaired and would send a request to have a unit replaced. The only thing I dislike about their service is that they went from $75 to $100. If you had to new part in or put a screw in it's going to be the same price.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Elizabeth – We appreciate your loyalty! Thanks for sharing your experience. Our goal is to make your home management needs as easy as possible. Thanks! Tanya

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for seven years now and I love their service. Whenever I needed a claim done, they put me in charge to someone immediately. Then they came out immediately so, I've never had a problem. All the representatives and the technicians have been great and they've taken really good care of us. My recent claim was for my refrigerator that wasn't freezing in the top. The technician said that the ring has slipped off and the fan's blade has slipped off the motor. He put it back on and fixed it so it doesn't come off again. I've always had a great experience. TotalProtect is an awesome company and I would recommend them to all my friends.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert – Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers, and we are happy to hear that Total Protect delivered the experience we aim to provide. Thank you for this amazing feedback. – Heather

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for years. I've submitted claim over the phone or online and both ways were very good. They always make sure I'm happy with their service and when I call, their reps are very pleasant. The technicians were always courteous and on time. When they said they were going to be there, they'd call and give me time to make sure we were here. They came, did their stuff and made sure they cleaned up after themselves. I am very satisfied with everything. They provided excellent work. They handled whatever problems I was having in a very efficient way and with top-notch technicians.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Mary –We are glad to hear that Total Protect has met your warranty needs, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you, Amanda

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

TotalProtect Home Warranty was on my mortgage statement. It came after I purchased my home. At that time, acquiring a home warranty seemed reasonable. And the package came when I called. They were also very helpful. I like the way their representative talked. It made me feel good about the way they acted towards me as a customer. So I gave them a try.

Submitting a claim wasn’t difficult at all. I just called and told them the problem. I also asked them questions because I want to know where I am and because I couldn't find my booklet. The representative told me she will send one, and also explained what it entails. The first time I called and used them, I was very thankful for the way she greeted and acted towards me. I was happy with the whole scenario because at the time like that, you don't want to grief about anything.

The technicians who came out were all very professional. The only disagreement I had was because they set a time and they told me they couldn't come, but one of the technicians said he could. I asked him if he could come out on a Saturday and he said yes. So I was there that day. I haven’t been staying at my house since it was hot and all their equipment there were making a lot of noise. I called him Saturday to see if he was coming out. He never responded to any of my phone calls. What made me distraught and mad was he didn’t even return my phone calls to say he couldn’t go. I was also very disheartened because I had been off from January up until May. I had surgery so if I could avoid that, I don't want more time off than necessary.

When I told the customer service representative that he didn’t come, she called and told him right away that I was on the phone. He said he was back home. I said that I’ve been calling but he didn't answer nor return my phone call. I can understand if people have problems or emergencies but just give the courtesy of saying, “I can't make it today, it will have to be a later day." Upon hearing this, he said he was coming out the next day, which was a Tuesday. I told him that I can’t take an off again and it has to be 4:30 or 5:00 which is after my work. So he was there by the time I got off by my house. The problem was taken care of and I have no complaints.

So far, I’m satisfied with TotalProtect and I’m not going to let one person discourage me from recommending them to somebody like I have already done. The others who came were professional and they were good. They call to let me know what the estimated time of arrival was going to be. It was still a good experience.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Geraldine – Sorry for your loss. Thank you for being a loyal customer, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are happy that you have entrusted Total protect to handle your home management needs. - Tanya

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My husband died so I don't have a man here to fix things around the house. When a toilet is clogged or for plumbing issues, I would have to call in a plumber, and that would be less expensive sometimes, while at other times I would do my own repairs. But I can depend on TotalProtect Home Warranty and they do a very good job. I recently had a technician replace my ice maker and that fellow did a nice job. I had a hard time when it took the reps a long time to answer the phone this time. But other than that, I put in the claim and then the rep called me within a day and she was very professional. She said they were sorry that I was having problems, then she found a contractor for me and gave me the contractor's phone number and my confirmation number.

The techs that I've had were very good and friendly, and they helped me. They told me what to do to keep my appliances working better and to keep them from having problems. I would like to keep the price down, though, because I'm old and retired now, and i don't get that much money from social security. My son in Seattle had TotalProtect, but he had gotten disgusted with them and gave them up. Nevertheless, they've been very good for me and, so far, I'm satisfied.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Joan – Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that we have made this an easy experience for you! – Amanda

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

If something broke down, I wouldn't know how to fix it and it was easier to be able to call TotalProtect Home Warranty and it would be taken care of. So far I've had the air conditioner, the microwave, and the dishwasher repaired, and I've had no trouble whatsoever. I call, place the claim, then they tell me who to call. The contractors who've come have always been professional. TotalProtect Home Warranty was wonderful and it has always been a good experience.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Khayyam – Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we meeting your expectations. Thanks! - Amanda

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I live in an older home and I was most impressed by the service that TotalProtect Home Warranty promised they could provide and I've been pleased thus far. I submitted a claim online and it was very easy. I’m also pleased with the service of the technicians. Everything has been working well since. I recommended it to a friend and he signed up two weeks ago.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Annette – We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with excellent service! Thanks! – Latanya

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We had used TotalProtect once for the air conditioner and once for the hot water heater. We had a good experience each time. Submitting a claim was very easy, either online or by phone and their rep was excellent with the quick responses. The tech who came here was very knowledgeable too, especially for the hot water heater. He gave us all of the details so that was really a good experience. TotalProtect have lived up to expectations.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert - Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we have satisfied your home warranty needs. Thanks! - Tanya

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My mortgage company offered TotalProtect and I got it. It was a good idea for the money to get a home warranty. I called and submitted a couple of claims and they’ve been good. I've had three episodes and the claims reps were always polite and helpful. The technicians were also pleasant and they did their job. I gave them the money and everybody was happy. But TotalProtect raised my deductible from 75 to a 100 and a year later raised it to 125 so I almost canceled it. I just forgot to do it. Nevertheless they saved me a lot of money and did what they were supposed to.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Sandra - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We aim to make our claim process quick and easy and are glad to hear that we met your needs. – Heather

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I needed a home warranty, and decided to go with TotalProtect because of their price. I submitted a claim, and I had a nice interaction with their claims representative. I appreciate the turnaround time. The technician that came out was very nice, and he did an excellent work. Overall, everything was excellent.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

James - We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we will continue to work hard to help you with your home management needs! It is our pleasure to give great customer service and offer stress-free repairs - Janet

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for several years and I like the coverage plans and the items that they cover. I had two claims and both were on air conditioning. I submitted the claim online and they gave me a repair agency to call. I called and scheduled my appointment. I got two different companies and two different technicians and they were both very efficient and they explained to me what they were doing which was unusual. They did everything right and they were very pleasant and courteous. One of them had to order parts which took a couple of days but they kept me informed. The other time, they fixed it while they were here.

I also got my son and my parents signed up on TotalProtect. It's a good investment because the appliance gets older and things break. It's nice to know that there's someone to call that will come out at a fairly reasonable amount of time and take care of it and I don’t have to mess with it. I'm very pleased with the service and it's a service I'll keep. It's easy to use and to file claims and very cost-effective. Overall, TotalProtect is a well-run organization. They've taken care of everything that they promised to me.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Jane - It is our pleasure to give great customer service and offer stress-free repairs. Thank you for taking the time to share your claim experience with us. - Heather

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My five-ton air conditioning went out. I got in touch with TotalProtect Home Warranty and they set me up with the techs from Home Resort. The techs came out and are still working on the replacement part, but they've been out here all day yesterday. They have good personality and professionalism, all rolled into one package. And they believe, as I do, in doing it right the first time. They were awesome and I would hire them in a heartbeat.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Recoa – We regret to hear that you had difficulty getting us on the phone. We strive to make your home management needs easy and are pleased that we’ve been able to do this for you. Thank you! -Amanda

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I had American Home Shield warranty for the last 15 years and I didn’t appreciate the way they treated me. When I had an appliance that went out, they tried to say that it was my fault, although it was an old unit. So, I was looking for another home warranty provider and I went with TotalProtect. I submitted two claims and I had a good experience with them. Sometimes it was hard to get TotalProtect on the phone, but the technicians came right out and solved the issues both times. The quality of the work done was good and I've had no problem with either one. I talked with the first technician who was very professional and had good manners, while my wife dealt with the second technician. The TotalProtect people were very professional, but their service would be better if they can do something about their telephone service.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Lewis – We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I saw TotalProtect Home Warranty online a few years back and I just picked the service. The website was easy to navigate and I have submitted claims mostly online. When my refrigerator wasn't working recently, I went online to submit a claim and the tech called and told me what time he was going to be there and on what day. The claims process was easy and everything went fine. The technician was knowledgeable and he explained everything to me. Overall, the service has been fine and I've had no issues so far.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Rex – Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Heather

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We have an aging home and some stuff in it was going to need repairs over the next few years. We had a family member who had TotalProtect Home Warranty and they felt that it was a good service. We signed up and we usually call when submitting a claim which is easy. The people respond quickly and get things done. Everything is repaired and I don't have to have anybody to come back.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Deniece – Thanks for the kind words! We aim to provide great customer service and a quick and efficient claim experience. – Tanya

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We wanted something to protect what we have. Our bank suggested TotalProtect and that’s what we ended up going with. Their reps have always been very prompt and cordial when we submitted claims. The technicians come in and they tell me what the problem is and research it. They then tell me what my copay is going to be and when they’ll be back as soon as they got the part ordered if they don’t have it with them. Everything has always been very prompt. The quality of work has always been very good and I've always been very satisfied with them.

Joseph – Thanks for being a loyal customer! We appreciate your feedback. –Janet

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for at least five years now and it's been alright so far. They raised the prices from $75 per case to $125 here in June. But other than that, they do a good job and they worked out.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Herbert - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service.-Amanda

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

TotalProtect was the first home warranty that was offered to me. I've had them for so long and everything's been handled right away, so far. Dealing with their claims reps have been fine but the last time I submitted a claim, it was automated. Then the technician they sent out was great and did a very professional job.

Juan – We appreciate your kind words! Thanks for sharing. – Tanya

Original review: July 26, 2017

TotalProtect Home Warranty has been really good for me. We've had nothing but good experiences. Their service is great. They've taken care of the problems I had with our refrigerator and stove. Their representatives and service people who came out were great. Submitting a claim is good and easy. The technician who fixed our air conditioning was very informative and very good. He informed us about the policy as well. He was very familiar with your company and other companies that he service for. He also told us that we should probably upgrade our policy because it would cover this and that and the normal policy we had wouldn't cover it. It was good.

4.00/5

Jason – Thanks for sharing! We appreciate it. - Amanda

Original review: July 25, 2017

I first heard about TotalProtect.Home Warranty through my mortgage company. Citibank recommended it so I thought I would stick with it. I submitted the claim and it worked. It was not difficult at all. The technician that came to our home were able to explain everything thoroughly and clean up. Everybody is very professional.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

John – Glad we can help! We strive to make your home management needs easier and appreciate your recommendation! - Amanda

Original review: July 24, 2017

My cousin got me on TotalProtect and the company has helped me out a lot. I pay $45 a month and if something breaks down, they come and make sure they fix it. If they can’t fix it, I give them the deductible for $125 and they put a new one in. They do a very good job and I give them props for that. When the water would come underneath my washer, I filed a claim with them and the claims rep was really nice and took time with me. Then two technicians came and they were also real nice. They told me what the problem was and fixed it up in the back. The washer leaked about a few times before and they told me to call them if I have any more problems. But since the repair, I've had none. I highly recommend TotalProtect Home Warranty.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Berta – Thanks for your loyalty! We appreciate you sharing your experience and sorry to hear you had to cancel. We are here when you are ready to come back. – Tanya

Original review: July 22, 2017

TotalProtect is a good thing to have. Submitting a claim with them was quick and the claims representatives were courteous. Everybody answered all my questions. Also, the technicians that they sent were good. I got unemployed so I called to cancel because I can’t really be paying for it right now. But my experience with them was good.