Customer Reviews

3.04/5
based on 522 ratings
Read more reviews

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Tracia - – Thanks for sharing! We’re glad that you had a good experience. - Tanya

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Our previous warranty from a different company has expired. We found TotalProtect online and that their price was good for us. So, we decided to just go with it. Their claims process online was very simple and easy. I like that I get a call right back and there’s no wait time for someone to come out and fix the problems, whatever it may be. Recently, I had a septic issue. They looked at the problem and realized that they were unable to fix it since it wasn’t covered. But their tech was able to give me information so I can reach out to the right people. I know some people would charge us for just coming out, but TotalProtect waived that fee for us. Everything was on point and on time. I've been with TotalProtect for a little over two years now and it was a convenient experience overall.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Jere - We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

We knew that our house was an older home and it would be needing some work so we decided to purchase a home warranty with TotalProtect and we've been with them for five years. Six weeks ago, I submitted a claim for a very old furnace that had a crack in it. I did it over the phone and my dealing with their claims rep was very pleasant. Their technician was very nice and polite. He did a good job but it took him a good while to get it put in. We’d had them out a couple of other times for an appliance repair and we've always been pleased with them. They were very professional and we had a very good experience with them. They got the job done and after they finished everything, it looked great.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Cynthia - Thanks for sharing your experience. We are happy to have you as a customer and look forward to servicing you in the future for all your home management needs.- Tanya

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

We had had a home warranty with the previous company. They kept raising their prices so, we started looking for another company and someone referred me to TotalProtect. We live in the desert, so it’s really hot in the summer and air-conditioning is a must. We submitted a claim due to a problem with our AC unit and they were very responsive and addressed the problem quickly. They sent a company out that we enjoyed working with. The technician was wonderful, he kept us informed of what was going on and got the problem fixed. It’s been several months now since the repair and the AC has been working fine. We're very happy.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Nicolle - We're glad that you are a part of the Total Protect family. We appreciate the kind words! - Tanya

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I had Choice and American Home Shield, and Choice was awful. TotalProtect was much better because they will fix things where Choice wouldn’t. I’ve had two claims filed with TotalProtect and they’ve gone well. There was one that they fixed the toilet and they replaced everything. That was really done well and has been there for six weeks now. Submitting claims was very easy and my interactions with the reps were good. Also, the technicians were great across the board. The TotalProtect team is very attentive and got the job done without much effort. Good quality of service so far and the experience was great.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

James - We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service, and appreciate your kind words. Thanks for sharing. - Tanya

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

We've mostly submitted claims online and it has been easy and quick with no problems. The few reps I've talked to over the phone have been fine and the technicians have all been very professional and done a good job. I've very satisfied with TotalProtect Home Warranty.

Ellis - Thanks for sharing! We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. - Tanya

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I called TotalProtect for most of my claims and they sent somebody out. The reps and technicians were good. So far, I've had a very good experience with TotalProtect and I'll continue on with it.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Bruce - Thank you for sharing your experience. Our goal is to be timely and efficient and we pleased to hear that we have met this objective while resolving your claims. - Tanya

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for many years now. I've used HomeServe too at one point. I left HomeServe since they didn't cover my air conditioning and wanted an additional $500 to get the part. It was a bit expensive. I went back to TotalProtect and I've been pleased with them. They did the installation and everything and it was covered by my service charge. Everybody's been quite efficient and very thorough. I've submitted about five claims and the people they send do a good job. They seem to all want to have a business concept working with TotalProtect. With the air conditioning, they came and analyzed it, ordered the part, and then came back and fixed it. They were prompt and neat. I just had a guy who worked in my bathroom and he was very good, too.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert - Thank you for your loyalty! Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with excellent service and we are glad we delivered. - Tanya

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for five years now. My wife goes online to submit claims and I do it over the phone sometimes. I mostly dealt with the pool people and they've been fine. I would recommend TotalProtect from what is done and what I've had with them. It was a good experience overall.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Jerry - we look forward to serving you in the future with your home management needs and appreciate you sharing your experience. - Tanya

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for a few years now and my experience with them has been very good. They're very reliable. Our home is aging and things happen so a home warranty is for our peace of mind. Submitting a claim with them has been effortless. Once, they assigned a company to me that had negative information in Better Business Bureau so I called TotalProtect back and they assigned me another company. The contractor from the other company came out on time and did an excellent job within 20 minutes, which was very quick. I look forward to more opportunities with TotalProtect in the future.

5.00/5

I own a home, which makes sense to have a home warranty, and I've been with TotalProtect for a year now. When I submitted my first claim over the phone, there was no wait time and everything went smooth and well. The claim was for my AC and a tech fixed it the next day. My experience with TotalProtect was excellent and I'm satisfied.

5.00/5

We've been with TotalProtect for over a year now and we've submitted claims twice. We submitted over the phone and it went perfectly fine. They were very kind and the wait time was very short. The technicians were very professional. TotalProtect met all of our standards and we are 100% satisfied with them.

5.00/5

I have been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for 10 years and my experience with them has been very convenient and very smooth. My recent claim went fine. They came and checked the AC unit, found the problem, and then rectified it. Their technicians were very good.

5.00/5

I've had TotalProtect for about five months and so far, so good. I filed a claim over the phone and everybody was great. It didn't take long and they were very helpful. The claim was for a pipe that was corroded that led into our bathroom. They only had to replace one small part of it, and they took care of it all in one shot. The tech came in, did his thing, and he was very professional. I was pleased with how easy filing a claim was. It’s very consumer-friendly, and it seems to work. I had a great experience with TotalProtect, and I would recommend them.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

B – It’s great to hear we are meeting your expectations! Thanks for taking time to share your feedback with us. - Amanda

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I’ve been with TotalProtect for many years and we’ve had several projects that they’ve gotten done - a dishwasher, a floor, an air conditioning system, a refrigerator, etc. When submitting a claim, the process and customer service have always been fine. They have a procedure and if you do that procedure, someone gets in contact with whoever is going to fix it. Most of the companies that they choose are companies that I am familiar with. They are all locals and they’ve always done what they are supposed to do to successfully fix the problem. And that’s all you can ask for.

The contact with the home office has always been fairly seamless, because it’s up to whoever they have as their contractors. They have always been very responsive throughout the case and I heard back from them immediately on what the resolutions would be. We’ve had some claims that were not a one-shot deal. We’ve had some that took a great deal of time. So we talked back and forth repeatedly and they have come through. We have no complaints with them over the years.

TotalProtect also has an excellent website. They give you valuable information via email all the time - specifics on what the different issues are that I'm going to face or whatever home system is more effective. In the summer time, it's about the lawn, and in the winter time, when the season’s changing, what appliances are going to have problems and what systems are the most that are going to require attention. And these are the things you need to look after. My inbox is full of that stuff because they do a lot of information, almost like a Consumers Digest of information. There’s a lot to keep or stuff that you don’t really realize comes with the service but it does. TotalProtect is a valuable home service to me.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Gloria – Thanks for your loyalty and recommendation. We appreciate you! - Amanda

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I saw an advertisement and my friend told me she had TotalProtect too. It has been over a year since we had TotalProtect and I like the quality of their service. They are great. I have made a claim and it was taken care of. The technician was very nice too. I would recommend TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Noble –We are here for you and look forward to servicing you for years to come. Thanks for sharing your experience. - Heather

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I have been contemplating to get a home warranty for a little while. My sister had one with TotalProtect and I went ahead and did it. Whenever I submit a claim, I did it online. They sent somebody and gave the number to call. The technician that they sent and the quality of work performed were both great.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Mark – We are here to help and are delighted to hear you had a great experience. - Heather

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for quite a few years and when there was a leak in our kitchen faucet, I had that fixed through them. Their reps were great and the technician was good.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Marie – We love you too! Thanks for your loyalty and allowing us to make your home management needs easier. - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I’ve always had TotalProtect and submitting a claim is easy. They're wonderful and I have no problem with them. The service is great and after 25 years, that’s something. I love them and I recommend them to everybody all the time.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Charles – Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your feedback and kind words! - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We have had TotalProtect for about three years and submitting a claim with them is simple and easy. I get a call and then they tell us the contact to whoever needs to come and fix the problem. The contractor comes, finds out what the problem is and it works out fine. I got a call from somewhere along the line. They had to replace some equipment in our house and someone called to tell me what TotalProtect could do about it. It took me by surprise that they called me themselves instead of the technician relaying information. They were very nice and business-like, so they did a really good job. They did what they said they were gonna do and they were very cordial about it. It made me happy that everything got taken care of.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Candelaria – We are happy to have you as a customer and are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. - Tanya

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My TotalProtect warranty came with the purchase of my house and I have forgotten all about it until they sent me a letter some time ago. I called them questioning and then they enlightened me about the different services that they have. It was wonderful and I'm glad that I have the warranty. I have used it and I was very pleased. They were very professional, to the point and answered my questions. When the technician came out, he introduced himself and did some repairs. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Bashir –Thank you for your feedback, and your patience during the storm. We’re glad we were able to provide the help you needed to resolve your claim. – Amanda

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

TotalProtect came with the home financing and they’ve been handling my claims. I submit claims over the phone and the only time I had a communication problem with them was when they had the hurricane in Florida. The connections were bad but they connected me with somebody else and my issue was resolved.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Lillie - We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

My overall experience with TotalProtect has been very positive. We call about the problem and speak to a rep and the customer service have always been polite, courteous and very helpful. They contact someone. Sometimes within few hours or a day, you get a response back. Once the appointment is set up they send someone out. TotalProtect will give a name of the contractor. They will contact the contractor, they will give you the contact information about that person. You'll reach out to that person or they will reach out to you. If you don't hear from them, then you can reach out to them. One time, one of the subcontractors didn't respond right away. I had to contact the TotalProtect again and let them know that I did not receive a notification from these people.

The technicians have been very helpful and polite. The length of time until they come out can vary from a few hours to a day depending on the problem that exists and the people TotalProtect has to contact. I'm pleased with the quality of the technicians' work. They wouldn’t waste time if the item couldn't be repaired and would send a request to have a unit replaced. The only thing I dislike about their service is that they went from $75 to $100. If you had to new part in or put a screw in it's going to be the same price.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Elizabeth – We appreciate your loyalty! Thanks for sharing your experience. Our goal is to make your home management needs as easy as possible. Thanks! Tanya

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for seven years now and I love their service. Whenever I needed a claim done, they put me in charge to someone immediately. Then they came out immediately so, I've never had a problem. All the representatives and the technicians have been great and they've taken really good care of us. My recent claim was for my refrigerator that wasn't freezing in the top. The technician said that the ring has slipped off and the fan's blade has slipped off the motor. He put it back on and fixed it so it doesn't come off again. I've always had a great experience. TotalProtect is an awesome company and I would recommend them to all my friends.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert – Our ultimate goal is to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers, and we are happy to hear that Total Protect delivered the experience we aim to provide. Thank you for this amazing feedback. – Heather

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for years. I've submitted claim over the phone or online and both ways were very good. They always make sure I'm happy with their service and when I call, their reps are very pleasant. The technicians were always courteous and on time. When they said they were going to be there, they'd call and give me time to make sure we were here. They came, did their stuff and made sure they cleaned up after themselves. I am very satisfied with everything. They provided excellent work. They handled whatever problems I was having in a very efficient way and with top-notch technicians.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Mary –We are glad to hear that Total Protect has met your warranty needs, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you, Amanda

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

TotalProtect Home Warranty was on my mortgage statement. It came after I purchased my home. At that time, acquiring a home warranty seemed reasonable. And the package came when I called. They were also very helpful. I like the way their representative talked. It made me feel good about the way they acted towards me as a customer. So I gave them a try.

Submitting a claim wasn’t difficult at all. I just called and told them the problem. I also asked them questions because I want to know where I am and because I couldn't find my booklet. The representative told me she will send one, and also explained what it entails. The first time I called and used them, I was very thankful for the way she greeted and acted towards me. I was happy with the whole scenario because at the time like that, you don't want to grief about anything.

The technicians who came out were all very professional. The only disagreement I had was because they set a time and they told me they couldn't come, but one of the technicians said he could. I asked him if he could come out on a Saturday and he said yes. So I was there that day. I haven’t been staying at my house since it was hot and all their equipment there were making a lot of noise. I called him Saturday to see if he was coming out. He never responded to any of my phone calls. What made me distraught and mad was he didn’t even return my phone calls to say he couldn’t go. I was also very disheartened because I had been off from January up until May. I had surgery so if I could avoid that, I don't want more time off than necessary.

When I told the customer service representative that he didn’t come, she called and told him right away that I was on the phone. He said he was back home. I said that I’ve been calling but he didn't answer nor return my phone call. I can understand if people have problems or emergencies but just give the courtesy of saying, “I can't make it today, it will have to be a later day." Upon hearing this, he said he was coming out the next day, which was a Tuesday. I told him that I can’t take an off again and it has to be 4:30 or 5:00 which is after my work. So he was there by the time I got off by my house. The problem was taken care of and I have no complaints.

So far, I’m satisfied with TotalProtect and I’m not going to let one person discourage me from recommending them to somebody like I have already done. The others who came were professional and they were good. They call to let me know what the estimated time of arrival was going to be. It was still a good experience.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Geraldine – Sorry for your loss. Thank you for being a loyal customer, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are happy that you have entrusted Total protect to handle your home management needs. - Tanya

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My husband died so I don't have a man here to fix things around the house. When a toilet is clogged or for plumbing issues, I would have to call in a plumber, and that would be less expensive sometimes, while at other times I would do my own repairs. But I can depend on TotalProtect Home Warranty and they do a very good job. I recently had a technician replace my ice maker and that fellow did a nice job. I had a hard time when it took the reps a long time to answer the phone this time. But other than that, I put in the claim and then the rep called me within a day and she was very professional. She said they were sorry that I was having problems, then she found a contractor for me and gave me the contractor's phone number and my confirmation number.

The techs that I've had were very good and friendly, and they helped me. They told me what to do to keep my appliances working better and to keep them from having problems. I would like to keep the price down, though, because I'm old and retired now, and i don't get that much money from social security. My son in Seattle had TotalProtect, but he had gotten disgusted with them and gave them up. Nevertheless, they've been very good for me and, so far, I'm satisfied.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Joan – Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to hear that we have made this an easy experience for you! – Amanda

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

If something broke down, I wouldn't know how to fix it and it was easier to be able to call TotalProtect Home Warranty and it would be taken care of. So far I've had the air conditioner, the microwave, and the dishwasher repaired, and I've had no trouble whatsoever. I call, place the claim, then they tell me who to call. The contractors who've come have always been professional. TotalProtect Home Warranty was wonderful and it has always been a good experience.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Khayyam – Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we meeting your expectations. Thanks! - Amanda

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I live in an older home and I was most impressed by the service that TotalProtect Home Warranty promised they could provide and I've been pleased thus far. I submitted a claim online and it was very easy. I’m also pleased with the service of the technicians. Everything has been working well since. I recommended it to a friend and he signed up two weeks ago.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Annette – We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with excellent service! Thanks! – Latanya

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We had used TotalProtect once for the air conditioner and once for the hot water heater. We had a good experience each time. Submitting a claim was very easy, either online or by phone and their rep was excellent with the quick responses. The tech who came here was very knowledgeable too, especially for the hot water heater. He gave us all of the details so that was really a good experience. TotalProtect have lived up to expectations.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert - Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we have satisfied your home warranty needs. Thanks! - Tanya

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My mortgage company offered TotalProtect and I got it. It was a good idea for the money to get a home warranty. I called and submitted a couple of claims and they’ve been good. I've had three episodes and the claims reps were always polite and helpful. The technicians were also pleasant and they did their job. I gave them the money and everybody was happy. But TotalProtect raised my deductible from 75 to a 100 and a year later raised it to 125 so I almost canceled it. I just forgot to do it. Nevertheless they saved me a lot of money and did what they were supposed to.