Customer Reviews

3.72/5
based on 916 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Couldn't be happier with the level of service I have received when there has been a need to utilize the warranty service. A+++ across the board from Customer Service to the companies performing the work! Professional, courteous, timely and comprehensive are some of the words that come to mind when dealing with Total Protect. I have had nothing but peace of mind since I signed up with Total Protect almost 9 years ago.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We’re happy with TotalProtect. About two years ago, the same people who are doing our mortgage bundled that, and asked us if we were interested. I just had a rental house then and my new house, and it sounded like a good idea. Then two months ago, there was an issue at our rental property, and our real estate agent called and took care of it. That went smoothly and we have had no complaints from our tenants after that. My wife has also called TotalProtect for the air conditioner problem and that was smooth as well. The guy that was sent out was really good. My wife absolutely loves him. He told her about what was going on and gave her some specifics. Everything worked out well.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I had a home warranty previously and I let it lapse. I'd been looking at TotalProtect for a while and they sent a flyer. The price was right, so I signed up for it. Making a claim online has been easy and navigating through their website has been straightforward. The contractors have been able to do the job just fine. Overall it has been an easy, straightforward and quick experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Garage door was making noise and qould not move up or down and qould go down than right back up. There was a provider in my area they scheduled the appointment with me when I called them. Quality ocerhead doors. The technicians were nice and polite. Got the work done without any problems. They collected the deductible and left. No problems since

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I just called to confirm that it was OK to send a check for the total annual payment as that is not an option on the billing form.

These surveys are really a problem for someone 88 years old and they take me considerable time to complete.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Water heater replacement. Wish it had taken place more quickly. Local company was a good. company to work with. They are very professional . (Precision Heating and Cooling)

Also, I wish it was easier to talk to real person, who is easy to understand when calling Total Protect.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Extremely happy with the dishwasher repair. Technician diagnosed issue and came back with OEM part to repair failure. My deductible was a fraction of the cost I could have even purchased the repair part. Technician was through and told me kenmore designed this piece to start leaking about every 2 to 3 years from what he sees with this machine

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Fast service and wonderful people. AAA Appliances will always be my first choice to come to my home! Made sure I was satisfied! I even recommended to a coworker! She was happy too! AAA Appliances all around great company I would recommend them very highly!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Total protect was contacted with a problem concerning a control valve for the bath tub/shower combination, a repair work order was started, they contacted the plumbing company and scheduled a repair date, notified me of tentative repair with name of company and plumber, phone number and scheduled date. The repair was accomplished. To date I have never have had a problem with the total protect warranty, their staff has always been professional, always ready to help to the best of their ability. I would recommend them over their competition.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

My air conditioner stop working for several hours everyday and my house started getting hotter by the hour. I finally called Total Protect, and informed them of my air condition problem. The customer service agent is very helpful and give all the details how to get in touch with air conditioner repairmen.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

The service is great .. a great way to save money. I highly recommend this company... I saved alot of time calling this company. They fixed my air in one day and was very honest. Not looking to get rich in one day.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

There was a promotion for TotalProtect through the credit union, I got their warranty, and I've had them for going on 3 years now. When I submit a claim, I speak to somebody and then I have very good interactions with the technicians sent. 2-10 has very good service and I'm impressed by their quick response.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

It’s going fine with TotalProtect. It's very easy to submit a claim. Once you file it in, they get right on it right away. If I have something go wrong, I call them. I never had any problems with getting things done. The technicians were very nice too. But there was one thing TotalProtect told me that I was disappointed in. Other than that, they have a very good service. I was looking around, and I was with my bank transacting business one day when they mentioned 2-10 to me, and that was when I signed up with them. I have had them for years and years, and I never did use it up until about a couple years ago.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My ice maker had stopped working and was replaced. The technician also serviced the water intake line. He did a great job and I'm very happy I can make ice again! My only complaint is that when tech pulled out the Fridge from the wall he scratched my Brand New Vinyl Plank Flooring in a 1'x1' area....

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I came to know about TotalProtect through our mortgage company and I've had them for a little over a year now. I usually submit claims over the phone, which is easy, and the reps have been great and helpful. I'm happy with the calling process too. I had to have a plumber come out and someone for our furnace outside. I called one guy twice, so it was two different incidents, and the contractor that came out was helpful and professional.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

The job was eventually done very much to our satisfaction. My major complaint was that it took about four weeks to get the parts and there seemed to be no incentive in the process to take action to hurry the parts acquisition. With no incentive the process can be drawn out almost indefinitely.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have been please with this company.when i call they there best get the job done. Because I have sick people in my house and it is important to make we get the best company to come out and do the job right.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Everything went well when I submitted a claim with TotalProtect. They got it repaired without any problem and I'm very satisfied. The technician was very good. Where I live, they come from hours away and that’s the only problem. They tell you they're coming from 9:00 to 5:00 and they come at 7:00 at night. There's only one technician that covers about 100 square miles. He did what he could but there was not much he could do from where we're located. There are plenty of people in my area that did the work, but those are not who TotalProtect uses. But I would recommend them and I already have recommended them to someone who just bought a house.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

My daughter had TotalProtect at a home that she bought a great number years ago, and we’ve had this plan for 10 years. We bought a brand-new home, and the home had a two-year warranty on it, on the home itself, not appliances. Then we heard about the home warranty and thought it was a good investment. Over the 10 years I've been a member, I've had an automatic garage door opener and a hot water heater replaced, and I've had the air conditioner literally worked on several times.

The home warranty people are good, but there are some things that I don’t like about the warranty. Sometimes they use service centers that are a long, long way from where I live and maybe sometimes they only offer like a tier 2 product to replace. Like I had a Genie garage door opener and they put a Raynor in, which is I know a much lesser grade. When my hot water heater went out, they put a very low-grade hot water heater in. The replacement part product name brand-wise is not as good as what we had in the house.

But the claims submission process is fairly smooth and easy going. We call the home warranty number and it typically is a recording and then it asks us what it is. Like if it’s air conditioning unit, I am to press a certain button and then it registers the complaint, and it sends it to the air conditioning service center that the home warranty company uses, and they say we’re getting a call from them. Within an hour we got a service company calling us.

The gentleman that’s been doing my air condition work is a fine guy. He’s quite a ways away from me. But he seems to be a nice and very knowledgeable guy. He’s been very friendly and very helpful. We have a 21-year-old air conditioning system, and we’ve had it worked on. Third year in a row we’ve had to have some coolant added. This time, he was just out a month ago and put several pounds of coolant in it, and now it’s down again. But this time they found the leak.

I wish sometimes they would take into consideration the age of this unit, and just say, “Hey, here’s a certain amount you pay and this’ll replace it,” so we can go another 10 or 15 years down the road and not have this similar problem. Typically, you take an old unit, you start putting new parts in it, the new parts work so much better than the old parts, next thing you know the old parts start breaking down. I understand how the program works, they’ll only replace what’s broken. But in our situation with this unit, the whole air conditioning unit needs to be replaced. But we do what we have to do. But overall, I’m satisfied with TotalProtect. I'm pleased with the service. Their program does what it says it’s gonna do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I'm impressed with the ease of making appointments with TotalProtect. I submit claims online and it's really easy. But some of the contractors they use, like the last one I had, weren’t up to par. The last one was for a fixture that was replaced in our shower and what should have been about an hour and a half job turned into an all-day job. The tech they sent out really didn’t impress me and I had to show him some stuff. And I’m paying for that. You figure if a guy would come out to your house, he would know what to do. The contractor got the job done but TotalProtect needs to improve the pool of contractors they pool upon.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My wife got TotalProtect a long time ago. I’ve kept it and I’ve been dealing with them for almost 15 years at least. They've been good to me. I call to submit a claim and they give me a number to call, and the people will all come out and do the job well. A recent a technician gave me quite a bit of information that I needed and I appreciate it. I’m happy with TotalProtect and I would recommend it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

At the time I got TotalProtect Home Warranty, I thought it would be something good to have and so far, the experience has been good. And I haven't had any difficulties submitting a claim. When I submitted a claim for my stove, it didn't take long for them to let me know when a tech would come out. They had to order a part though, which took maybe a week.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have an older house and I figured there was gonna be an issue so I looked into getting a home warranty. TotalProtect kinda worked into my mortgage. The mortgage company paid it for me, so I don't have to worry about the payments or anything. I submitted a claim when my air conditioner went out. I talked to somebody over the phone then I went online and completed it. The first guy TotalProtect offered me never returned any phone calls but the second contractor came out the next day after I got ahold of them. They were very personable and TotalProtect replaced the whole AC.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

So far, TotalProtect's service has been good. I've had them for about four years, and I’ve already used them three or four times, and though I don't know if it has really saved me money, I’m sure it will in the long run. I call a phone number whenever I have a claim, then I tell them what the issue is. They usually call me back with a scheduled time for an appointment. It’s very simple. They’ve always been very prompt, always within the same day, they call me back and set up an appointment.

The technicians have been great, too. I’ve watched them sometimes. They repaired a refrigerator door for me, a microwave and my oven. A lot of times, I talk to them while they're fixing stuff, and they explain what’s going on, and it’s great. They’ve been really nice, and they get the job done. If they can’t do it right then and there, they call their people and tell them, and then reschedule another appointment if they have to come back. That has happened once because they didn't have the right part. You try to tell them what’s wrong and give them all the information, but I know that they can’t bring all the parts with them. When my microwave stopped heating up, I was gonna give them all the information on the phone so they could bring all they want, but they didn't want it. The guy just showed up and he took it apart. He had all the parts out in his car, had a few trips out to his car, came back in, and then had the microwave fixed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I like the coverage of TotalProtect as well as their response. I've been with them for about four years. When making a claim, they just take your claim and they don't talk to you. You type it in and they give you a claim number. They then contact a local vendor who is gonna deal with your issue. Usually, they’ll call and I tell them to make sure everything is up-and-up.

Their contractors have been excellent and really knowledgeable. I’ve had a couple of people coming in for a dryer, air conditioner, a hot water heater and stuff. The typical things start to go after about 10 years, unfortunately. You buy it and they replace it for you in about four years. When you have something break like the dryer, that’s a real pain. But the technician who came for that had a part in his truck which was about the size of a thumb.

The only thing is when a part goes, it seems to take forever for somebody to approve it. The ice maker went in my KitchenAid refrigerator and that took a week. It wasn't a big deal though. I told the contractor it had been so long and he told me TotalProtect wanted to send it to him piecemeal which is a complete solid unit. It was like trying to go with the cheapest route for parts. That doesn't make any sense. I’m making the monthly installment and I pay my $100 deductible service call fee. I have no problems with that and that's the program. But unequivocally, they shouldn't jerk me around with the parts.

Also, their phone response is questionable. I don’t like to do the online thing. I wanna talk to a person and say I have an issue. It seems like if you call, you’re on hold forever. TotalProtect has gotten bigger and they need more people for the call center. Other than that and the part thing, everything else is excellent. They even cover my hot tub. I’ve used TotalProtect and I will continue to use them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

TotalProtect has always given us fantastic customer service and have been very affordable. We got a great value for the money that we pay on the home warranty on our home. Since they rolled out the online option, I like filing claims online. Every once in a while, I have a question of what thing to pick, but in general it’s very straightforward.

We had a small leak in the crawlspace of our house and it was just a normal everyday claim. We’re 11 days from closing on this house, having sold it, and it was one of those things we wanted to make sure that it was ready for the next buyer. We had used the plumber that we were referred to before through another claim a couple years ago. But in the between time, there was something that wasn’t covered under home warranty. And because of having contact with Modern Plumbing originally, we used them for something else completely unrelated to the home warranty. We like that TotalProtect referred us to businesses within our community that we can support and that have provided great customer service. So, even if we didn't need to make a claim and we're just doing routine maintenance, we’ve used a lot of the same companies over the years because of that.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I've had TotalProtect for years with my mortgage. We submit our claims over the phone and have dealt with very good reps. We called in for our dishwasher and their contractor was out the next day. The technician was very good, and he actually had to pick up the part himself.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I wanted to have a home warranty because I’m on my own. My son-in-law had good things to say about TotalProtect. I did a claim with them over the phone and had good interactions with their reps, and it was fast. I’ve recommended their service to my brother in Florida, and I would also tell others that if they have good sense to protect their house, they should get TotalProtect too.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Putting in my service call online to TotalProtect was very easy to do. I had a call right away and had great interactions with the tech they sent. My dryer was fixed before the hurricane. I'm very satisfied with TotalProtect and I always recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

TotalProtect's reps have been very helpful and very nice. Usually, technicians come out within three days at the most. If it’s an emergency, they come out quicker. It depends on what the problem was, but it’s within a week. I had to wait for an approval for an air conditioner replacement and it took four to five days. Also, just one time the techs had to come back out to fix the leaky showerhead, but they came right out the next day and everything was taken care of. Good communications and good quality work. I recommended TotalProtect to my niece.