Customer Reviews

3.67/5
based on 891 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

I usually do my claims with TotalProtect on the phone or on the iPad and it's been smooth. I’ve got an older house and I’ve probably filed a lot of claims. TotalProtect has been really good overall. They have saved us a lot of money over the years and I’ve recommended them to people already.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I went with a home warranty because I'm older and I'm disabled, and I can't do the jobs myself. So, somebody is gonna have to do it. My mortgage provider recommended TotalProtect. Filing a claim is not that easy though. You gotta go through a lot of red tape. You have to go through that recording. I had a problem with the plumbing out here and it took him nine days to get here. He had to put a new valve in the toilet. And then, now, it's leaking and so I've called in and I'm waiting another five days for him to respond. But the contractor has been excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: June 30, 2019

We acquired a home warranty because it would come in handy down the road and it wasn’t expensive. The mortgage company recommended TotalProtect. That was the one that they were working with at the time and those premiums were included in our mortgage payment that were just taken out automatically, so we just went by the one that they suggested. Submitting a claim has been great and very flawless. I go online, I put in the contract number or address, something to verify who you are. And then, just click down dropdown boxes as far as what you need help with, and immediately, they give me the name of the company and contact information for me to contact then set up an appointment.

It’s also been a great experience with the contractors. The last three years, we’ve mainly had them in for air conditioner. But last year, a ontractor did the service and got us straight. So, this year, when we had air conditioning issues, I just asked that we didn’t have him and they sent somebody else. And it was great. I would definitely recommend TotalProtect.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I just bought my home about three years ago, so when we bought the house, my Realtor and the previous owners bought me a warranty because it's an older home. On our second year, we weren’t able to get it, so we had been talking about getting it again. Then, we got the letter in the mail from my bank and found out about TotalProtect Home Warranty. I read a lot of good reviews and then I went through with the purchase. When I had to submit a claim, I thought to go online but it was like a disaster of me trying to go in and submit a claim through the online portal. I attempted to do it three times. Then, I called and I got hung up on twice. The third representative that I finally got was the best, like I realized I hadn’t had to do anything. She found the company, set it up, and she got them out the next day. I was really impressed with that. So, it kinda made up for it.

With the technician, he seemed very knowledgeable and looked like he knew what he was doing. The only thing I didn’t like was that he parked in my driveway. Usually, they park on the curb. But he did what he had to do. Also, I know some workers get a little frustrated when the homeowners are hovering or asking questions but he didn’t. My husband was with him the whole time, asking questions, and he didn’t get agitated. He was actually willing to show my husband some things that, in the future, we could look at and check out should we run into any issues. Since he's been out, we haven't had any issues. It's been good and TotalProtect exceeded my expectations.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I had plumbing problems on Saturday. I filed the claim with TotalProtect yesterday and they said the plumber will be here today between 9 and 1 o'clock. I received a call this morning from a plumber, and they're supposed to call me when they're within half an hour of the arrival. When filing a claim with TotalProtect, I like to talk to someone but they refer me to a mobile deal, the link that it sends when I call. It'll ask me an option of texting a link. I tried to avoid it the first time, but since no one ever answered the phone, I went ahead and used the link. The link seemed to be pretty efficient.

Most of my claims with TotalProtect have been pretty good. I was disappointed that they couldn't take care of the ice maker on the refrigerator but other than that, I've only had one claim fall through. I asked for help with a fireplace and it still hasn't been fixed. A guy came out and didn't do a good job so I've been hesitant to call again 'cause I don't want the same company to come back out. I got charged and really didn't get a repair. The guy told me what he thought was wrong with it and changed out a piece. I didn't think it was that piece because it still clicked. I get a pilot light, but I don't get gas to my fireplace so that fireplace issue has never been resolved. But most of the workers that have come out with the exception of the fireplace have been pretty honest. The experience also depends on some things you have to order parts for, and you can't hold the company accountable for slow delivery on those things. But other than that, TotalProtect has been a blessing. I definitely recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I like TotalProtect. I switched to them after someone, who already had them, recommended them to me because I wasn’t satisfied with the way I was being treated by the other company that I had. They acted like they didn't care and i didn't like the way that I was treated on the phone. At TotalProtect, everybody is always pleasant and listens to what I have to say. I have an accent and I’m older. Sometimes I get mixed up in what I wanna say. But everybody has been kind, understanding and very polite.

The only thing is as a long-term customer, I should get some kind of discount. I had two problems - one is for my air conditioning and a week before, my garbage disposal broke and water was all over the kitchen floor. I called and I was told that I had to have two separate claims. I had to pay $100 for the people to come out for the air conditioning and $100 for the people to come out for the garbage disposal. I’m retired. I’m almost 70 years old. I don’t have $200 to put upfront. I had to have the air conditioning fixed because my cousin stays here with me and she’s got one lung and my grandson is asthmatic. I set the garbage disposal for a later date because I couldn't afford the $100 right then. I need a garbage disposal, though, because there’s water dripping. I like that every month TotalProtect takes out $20, which I’m happy with because I can handle that. But it’s hard for me when I have to have the deductible for the people coming out.

Other than that, TotalProtect chooses very good people. Last year, though, I had a problem with my heating and the person they chose took a long time to get to us. It was a small company and the guy was trying to do his best, but he had too many customers to go to. It had nothing to do with TotalProtect. It’s just that sometimes the company they support don’t have enough workers to do what they have to do. Nevertheless, the guy that came to the house was very nice and he knew what he was doing. Also, for the last claim I’ve just had, the contractor did great work. He came when he said he was going to come and did what he had to do. He showed us what we needed to do to maintain the air conditioner. He said I could squeeze some water on it and wash it. He gave us good information and he was very nice and polite. I like him.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

TotalProtect had the best program and I’ve had them for about 11 years. I prefer submitting a claim over the phone and the experience has been wonderful. For the most part, the interactions with the reps have been perfect but I hate their automated service and I told them that. I like to speak to the agents. They’re very good. I've never had a problem with TotalProtect but I had a problem recently with a service. The technician was a very good kid but I didn’t care for the HVAC company. Nevertheless, it was not TotalProtect’s problem and it was not their fault at all. I love the program. It’s fantastic and I recommend TotalProtect highly.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

When I was living in my other house, we had TotalProtect. So when we moved to our new home, we just continued it with both home. And then we had some rental properties, and we added it for them. Most recently, I had two claims altogether. One was last fall, and it was about a faucet in my Jacuzzi that just came off, and it was leaking. So, they sent someone out, and he said, “Well, this is plastic. I need to put metal in here, and then I’ll call back with it. But this should work for now.” I told him I don’t use it in the winter, but I need it in the spring. He never came back. And the first time I used it, the plastic came off. And TotalProtect said it was out of warranty, so I had to take care of it myself even though the claim has never reached fruition because the contractor knew that he hadn’t fixed it permanently. But it was still past six months, which is their time for one claim warranty. So, we had to start over.

And then I just filed a claim last week. My washing machine started to act out, and I haven’t heard from the person they referred me to yet. They gave me a service provider. I gave my information to them. But that’s often the problem, not TotalProtect, but their service providers are poor in this area. My sister had a problem. She had TotalProtect, and they had to come out three times and she had to pay the deductible three times. She’s totally upset. She’s going to switch to another service because she paid the deductible, in a week, three times. And each time the person came out, before he would do anything, he’d say, “I want my check for $125.” So, she’s totally unhappy with them.

I’m not unhappy with TotalProtect. I live isolated on the river, and it’s hard to get service out here away from civilization. And when they find someone, it’s usually someone with a one-man operation. It takes a week to get to you. Other than that, when I call a claim in, they’re so nice and friendly. The breakdown is when it gets to the service provider, their being able to come out, and being reliable.

3.00/5

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I’ve been with TotalProtect for a very long time and have had a very good experience when submitting claims. I have done it over the phone and I’ve interacted with their claims representatives. They are very good. I’ve also done it online but I was disappointed with that experience because in the last report that I made, I got no answer. I had to follow up and call in.

The most recent claim I made was for my air conditioning unit as it was not working properly. I have a large house and there are two units that serve the home, but one half of the house was not getting cooled up. The other half was either too cold or it was perfect. The technician they sent had to come back because the air conditioning was still not working as it should have, but it didn’t seem to be a problem with his service. He told me exactly what happened the second time when I called. He determined what the problem was. He came in and he seemed to have resolved the problem. He was excellent and very courteous.

My only issue with TotalProtect is that they keep reducing the items that are covered. I’m paying all of this money and the charges have gone up but the number of covered items have gone down. I have two other properties that they were covering and I was considering a fourth, but I canceled the second one and I’m just leaving it on my primary residence. That’s how dissatisfied I was.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

When I got TotalProtect, I was looking for coverage that also included my air conditioner. I've been with them for 12 years and so far, I’ve been well pleased. I usually submit claims on the phone and their reps have been extremely helpful and very polite. Today I'm waiting for a guy to come back, as he had to order a part for our garage door. It will be his third time coming back, but I feel that he is trying to eliminate everything before the opener would have to be replaced and I think he’s doing a good job. However, my rates for whenever I have someone come out to the house went up to $125 from $75, and I was shocked by that. But overall, they do a really good job. We tell other people about them especially when others talk about another home protection.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I make a phone call when I submit a claim to TotalProtect. So far, my experience with their reps has been pretty good. Most of my questions have been answered. However, we had this air conditioner installed in June and I’m still waiting for an inspection. It’s been six weeks since the air conditioner was put in and I’m still waiting for some breakers and they tell us they’re gonna be there on a certain day but they don’t come up. And I gotta take time out and I call them and now, they’re supposed to come up this morning. It’s still early yet but I’m not counting my chickens that they’re gonna be here. I would really like to get the system inspected because both my husband and I have been taking turns taking time out of work and they don’t show up and it’s one thing after another. It's not really TotalProtect as they can't really do anything but I’m just surprised that TotalProtect went with such a substandard company.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I had a protection company before TotalProtect which technically TotalProtect owns and I changed over to TotalProtect. I recommend TotalProtect to anyone who owns a home. I had Sears come out first for the dishwasher and that was amazing. I had Sears come out before and they have been top-notch. I also had A & W Plumbing and Matt was really great. He gave a lot of information and the quality of work was really good.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

When I talked to the TotalProtect agent, they were really nice. My interactions with their rep were pretty good when I called to submit my claim. The technicians explained what was wrong and what they had to do, so it was good. I’m satisfied with the work they performed.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I’ve been with TotalProtect for four years and recently, we had some problems with our air conditioning unit, and I called it in. It would have been about two weeks since then and they don’t have anybody in this area who works on air conditioners. They told me I've got to find somebody who will work with them. The contractor has to come, check the AC, call TotalProtect and get approval. It’s hard to find people out there. These self-employed guys are not gonna work through them. I had a call on a refrigerator just before that and it was fine. They took care of that one and there wasn’t any problem with that. We also had a dryer worked on a couple of years ago and it went fine too. With what little bit I've done with TotalProtect, the experience has been okay. It’s just that they don't have anybody around within a reasonable amount of distance from here to work on air conditioners.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I’ve had TotalProtect Home Warranty for a long time. I submit claims speaking to a rep which has been easy and the reps have been good and thorough. The last technician we had was very professional. I like that company. They got back with me in a short period of time and they kept me informed throughout the process. It has been good so far.

4.00/5

Original review: July 31, 2019

I used to have another company and they didn’t cover. I went with TotalProtect and their claims process is worth it so far for me. The contractors are friendly and they have taken care of the problems they've been sent out for.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I’ve been with TotalProtect Home Warranty for five plus years and my experience with them has been good so far. But I have a problem with the maintenance people keeping their appointments. When they set up an appointment for a whole day, like 8:00 to 5:00, they don’t show up or call after I sit at home all day long, and that creates a problem for me. Recently, I had a claim for a clothes dryer. It would decide to work when you’re not ready and it would always stop when you needed it. I had to call TotalProtect back once because the contractors didn’t show up or call. I also spent the whole day sitting at home waiting for them to show after they told me they were gonna be there.

When they finally came out, they had to put a couple of parts in the dryer and it is working fine now. Other than that, every time something went wrong, TotalProtect has taken care of it and I appreciate the customer service they provide. Plus, they are not going up on my insurance that much. I would recommend TotalProtect to others

Original review: July 30, 2019

We wanted a warranty for our appliances and our AC and TotalProtect had better coverage than the other providers. We've made a claim for our stove and we had a good experience on that. We submitted it over the phone and the reps were very professional. The contractor was out within 24 hours and it all went well.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I’ve been in real estate since 2005. Once I bought my first house in 2001, I started renting it out in 2004. That’s when I knew I had to have a warranty company. I’ve been with other warranty companies and it was the pricing which was the reason I left them. I switched over to TotalProtect a few years ago but now, I’m starting to see the light and I don’t know if I should continue. I’m a little frustrated and discouraged with what’s going on with two of my properties. Do I wanna just go ahead and pay a little bit more and not have to worry about the rigmarole and denial of claims and all of that? That part is a little disheartening right now.

I’ve had TotalProtect on my property in Alexandria, Virginia for about three years now. I don’t remember having any problems with them but right now, I have a good tenant, a military lady, who just moved in June and her air conditioner has been giving her problems for the last couple of weeks. The representative came out Thursday or Friday and when they did make it out, the tenant called me and said the contractor was probably not gonna take care of it because it was dirty. It was so embarrassing for them to talk to her about all these stuff instead of contacting me. I called them three times. I even sent them a text message, and they have not responded to me.

This morning, I finally got a status from the representative and she said the contractor said that the coils, etc need to be cleaned before they can go to the next step. I said this particular unit gets serviced yearly and I’m not due for my next annual service till next week. I have those records. I told her I don’t wanna think that they're just looking for ways not to take care of this condenser or whatever is wrong with it. I don’t know if it’s the condenser or compressor, but there’s something wrong with it. All I can think of is that I have a good paying tenant and she doesn’t have air. I finally had to tell her go to a hotel and I’d pay for it over the phone. And that’s what I did. This is just very unsatisfactory because I pay my fees every month without problem.

I was told that they thought that it was just a breaker so we had an electrician come out. There were just so many different things. I currently have two homes with TotalProtect. I just sold two homes and and I have another one that I was thinking about picking up service with. Because of these two experiences here, I’m shopping around right now and have not found a company yet. I’m just very hesitant because of what’s going on. I’ve been waiting to get my dishwasher fixed for at least two months now. The last month had been part problems. We waited for two, three weeks for a part. Then they sent the part and it was a wrong part so now, I’m waiting again for an update. Sometimes, TotalProtect has been good, but these last six months, they haven't been.

Original review: July 29, 2019

There was a malfunction in our oven. I went online to submit a claim to TotalProtect. It was very simple. The contractor did a great job as well. He was very professional and prompt. He was able to do it right away. I’ve been using TotalProtect for 12 years and I’ve been satisfied with them.

Original review: July 28, 2019

Submitting a claim to TotalProtect was very simple. I enjoyed the fact that I could just go online and it knew the home based on address and last name. It was able to give me options for what my claim would be regarding. But I was a little disappointed it didn't give me an ability to describe in detail the issue, but it was super simple. Within a very quick time, I received a person or who the vendor that they were gonna be referring this to and gave me the permission to call the vendor.

We had an AC contractor and they were fantastic. And then we also had for the high-end oven. They were a little slower to return my phone call, but they were extremely wonderful when they called me back. And when they came to service it, they were fantastic. I am very happy with both of those contractors. They both did outstanding customer service as well as quality of service. I am very impressed with the level of service that TotalProtect is giving. They're extremely professional to deal with.

Original review: July 28, 2019

We've had TotalProtect on the house for 30 years and we have never had a problem with submitting claims. They've always taken care of us in a very timely manner. The reps have been fine as well. They've never given me any problems.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I’ve had TotalProtect for so long and I usually call them when I file a claim. The reps are all really good and nice. The technicians have also been really good and they took care of things like they were supposed to. However, I was a little upset with the guy with the stove. My stove is 33 years old and he said he didn't know if they could find a part for it. He had a part in the car and when he brought it in, it didn’t fit. I asked him what were we gonna do and he said they'd find a part. I told him that with the stove's age, it would be better for them to give me a new stove but he said they couldn't do that. I told him that's what my contract says, that if they told me they would fix it and they could not fix it, then I would get a new stove. But he insisted and I had to sit for two weeks without a stove. They did finally find a part, but it was kinda disgusting to me that they would leave me to sit for two weeks without a stove.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I've been with TotalProtect fo 18 years. I usually call them to submit claims and they give me a claim number. In no more than 48 hours, a contractor would reach out to me. Their contractors have been pretty good.

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was more convenient for me to purchase TotalProtect through my mortgage and I got it when I purchased a home about 10 years ago. I’ve always had a good experience when submitting a claim. In the last claim I had, I talked to the computer but that was fine because they gave me the information that I needed. Before that, the person that I spoke to was very nice. I never had any problems and it was always pleasant speaking with the reps. They helped me.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I've had my TotalProtect Home Warranty for 20 years. It's convenient and gives peace of mind to know that if something goes wrong, I'm covered. Thus far, my experience has been okay. Some of their contractors are good, while some are not. I called TotalProtect a week ago to check the AC and their contractor came after three days. He just listened to my AC a little bit like it was music and said "It's okay. It's okay.", charged me my 125 deductible and that was it. Another time, when my washing machine was broken, they replaced it. They didn't give me 2,000 to get the latest model, but they give me a fair amount. With what they gave, I got a good washing machine.

Original review: July 26, 2019

I called TotalProtect about a water leak in my front yard and set up an appointment using their automated system. I was then given the information of the contractor, but they never returned my call. So, I called TotalProtect back, and I was able to speak to a representative who took care of the situation within a day. It was quick and awesome. And then, everything went perfectly. The guy was here within the time he said he was gonna be here. He was very professional, and he resolved my issue. It turned out that it wasn’t really my leak and it was my neighbor’s.

3.00/5

Original review: July 25, 2019

TotalProtect's claims process hasn't been kind to me. We had some major damage to our home on Memorial Day weekend of 2017, and because it was a Memorial Day weekend, we couldn't use the regular process. We had to get a plumber out to get the water stopped. We had about $18,000 of damage to our home because of the water but TotalProtect didn’t reimburse me for the plumbing because I didn't use their plumber. I used a plumber from my home insurance, and thought I would be reimbursed, but I never was. It was disappointing. During that same incident, I also had a claim for my dishwasher. It was a $100 deductible, which was great. We were hoping that they would replace it, but they didn't. Their contractor repaired it and it worked.

Just recently, we had a garbage disposal situation and the dishwasher again. What was great about that was rather than getting charged two deductibles, the dishwasher guy told me that if I get the plumber out to do the garbage disposal, it would probably correct the backing up into the dishwasher, then I wouldn't have an issue. And sure enough, when they fixed the disposal for 100 bucks, it did resolve the dishwasher issue.

Original review: July 24, 2019

We call TotalProtect to submit claims and our interactions with their reps are always good. I'm very, very satisfied with my experience.

4.00/5

Original review: July 23, 2019

I’ve had TotalProtect for 14 years and now, I could put in a claim online. The contractors were very professional. They would come to do the job and work closely with the company. If they couldn’t do whatever it was in the contract, then they would let me know. Overall, I'm happy with TotalProtect. They went up on my deductible but other than that, the service I’ve been getting has been pretty good.