Customer Reviews

3.66/5
based on 443 ratings
Read more reviews

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Khayyam – Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we meeting your expectations. Thanks! - Amanda

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I live in an older home and I was most impressed by the service that TotalProtect Home Warranty promised they could provide and I've been pleased thus far. I submitted a claim online and it was very easy. I’m also pleased with the service of the technicians. Everything has been working well since. I recommended it to a friend and he signed up two weeks ago.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Annette – We are delighted to hear that we’ve been able to satisfy your home warranty needs. Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with excellent service! Thanks! – Latanya

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

We had used TotalProtect once for the air conditioner and once for the hot water heater. We had a good experience each time. Submitting a claim was very easy, either online or by phone and their rep was excellent with the quick responses. The tech who came here was very knowledgeable too, especially for the hot water heater. He gave us all of the details so that was really a good experience. TotalProtect have lived up to expectations.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Sandra - We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We aim to make our claim process quick and easy and are glad to hear that we met your needs. – Heather

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I needed a home warranty, and decided to go with TotalProtect because of their price. I submitted a claim, and I had a nice interaction with their claims representative. I appreciate the turnaround time. The technician that came out was very nice, and he did an excellent work. Overall, everything was excellent.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Robert - Thank you for sharing your experience. We help thousands of homeowners like yourself make home management easy. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we have satisfied your home warranty needs. Thanks! - Tanya

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

My mortgage company offered TotalProtect and I got it. It was a good idea for the money to get a home warranty. I called and submitted a couple of claims and they’ve been good. I've had three episodes and the claims reps were always polite and helpful. The technicians were also pleasant and they did their job. I gave them the money and everybody was happy. But TotalProtect raised my deductible from 75 to a 100 and a year later raised it to 125 so I almost canceled it. I just forgot to do it. Nevertheless they saved me a lot of money and did what they were supposed to.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

James - We sincerely appreciate your loyalty and we will continue to work hard to help you with your home management needs! It is our pleasure to give great customer service and offer stress-free repairs - Janet

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I've been with TotalProtect for several years and I like the coverage plans and the items that they cover. I had two claims and both were on air conditioning. I submitted the claim online and they gave me a repair agency to call. I called and scheduled my appointment. I got two different companies and two different technicians and they were both very efficient and they explained to me what they were doing which was unusual. They did everything right and they were very pleasant and courteous. One of them had to order parts which took a couple of days but they kept me informed. The other time, they fixed it while they were here.

I also got my son and my parents signed up on TotalProtect. It's a good investment because the appliance gets older and things break. It's nice to know that there's someone to call that will come out at a fairly reasonable amount of time and take care of it and I don’t have to mess with it. I'm very pleased with the service and it's a service I'll keep. It's easy to use and to file claims and very cost-effective. Overall, TotalProtect is a well-run organization. They've taken care of everything that they promised to me.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Jane - It is our pleasure to give great customer service and offer stress-free repairs. Thank you for taking the time to share your claim experience with us. - Heather

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My five-ton air conditioning went out. I got in touch with TotalProtect Home Warranty and they set me up with the techs from Home Resort. The techs came out and are still working on the replacement part, but they've been out here all day yesterday. They have good personality and professionalism, all rolled into one package. And they believe, as I do, in doing it right the first time. They were awesome and I would hire them in a heartbeat.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Recoa – We regret to hear that you had difficulty getting us on the phone. We strive to make your home management needs easy and are pleased that we’ve been able to do this for you. Thank you! -Amanda

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I had American Home Shield warranty for the last 15 years and I didn’t appreciate the way they treated me. When I had an appliance that went out, they tried to say that it was my fault, although it was an old unit. So, I was looking for another home warranty provider and I went with TotalProtect. I submitted two claims and I had a good experience with them. Sometimes it was hard to get TotalProtect on the phone, but the technicians came right out and solved the issues both times. The quality of the work done was good and I've had no problem with either one. I talked with the first technician who was very professional and had good manners, while my wife dealt with the second technician. The TotalProtect people were very professional, but their service would be better if they can do something about their telephone service.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Lewis – We appreciate you taking the time to share your claim experiences! We do our best to provide quick and reliable service and are pleased that we have met your expectations. – Tanya

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I saw TotalProtect Home Warranty online a few years back and I just picked the service. The website was easy to navigate and I have submitted claims mostly online. When my refrigerator wasn't working recently, I went online to submit a claim and the tech called and told me what time he was going to be there and on what day. The claims process was easy and everything went fine. The technician was knowledgeable and he explained everything to me. Overall, the service has been fine and I've had no issues so far.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Rex – Our goal is to provide homeowners like you with reliable service and we are happy to hear we delivered. Thanks! - Heather

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We have an aging home and some stuff in it was going to need repairs over the next few years. We had a family member who had TotalProtect Home Warranty and they felt that it was a good service. We signed up and we usually call when submitting a claim which is easy. The people respond quickly and get things done. Everything is repaired and I don't have to have anybody to come back.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Deniece – Thanks for the kind words! We aim to provide great customer service and a quick and efficient claim experience. – Tanya

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We wanted something to protect what we have. Our bank suggested TotalProtect and that’s what we ended up going with. Their reps have always been very prompt and cordial when we submitted claims. The technicians come in and they tell me what the problem is and research it. They then tell me what my copay is going to be and when they’ll be back as soon as they got the part ordered if they don’t have it with them. Everything has always been very prompt. The quality of work has always been very good and I've always been very satisfied with them.

Joseph – Thanks for being a loyal customer! We appreciate your feedback. –Janet

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I've had TotalProtect for at least five years now and it's been alright so far. They raised the prices from $75 per case to $125 here in June. But other than that, they do a good job and they worked out.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Herbert - Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide an effortless claim experience for our customers and it’s great to know you were pleased with the service.-Amanda

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

TotalProtect was the first home warranty that was offered to me. I've had them for so long and everything's been handled right away, so far. Dealing with their claims reps have been fine but the last time I submitted a claim, it was automated. Then the technician they sent out was great and did a very professional job.

Juan – We appreciate your kind words! Thanks for sharing. – Tanya

Original review: July 26, 2017

TotalProtect Home Warranty has been really good for me. We've had nothing but good experiences. Their service is great. They've taken care of the problems I had with our refrigerator and stove. Their representatives and service people who came out were great. Submitting a claim is good and easy. The technician who fixed our air conditioning was very informative and very good. He informed us about the policy as well. He was very familiar with your company and other companies that he service for. He also told us that we should probably upgrade our policy because it would cover this and that and the normal policy we had wouldn't cover it. It was good.

Jason – Thanks for sharing! We appreciate it. - Amanda

Original review: July 25, 2017

I first heard about TotalProtect.Home Warranty through my mortgage company. Citibank recommended it so I thought I would stick with it. I submitted the claim and it worked. It was not difficult at all. The technician that came to our home were able to explain everything thoroughly and clean up. Everybody is very professional.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

John – Glad we can help! We strive to make your home management needs easier and appreciate your recommendation! - Amanda

Original review: July 24, 2017

My cousin got me on TotalProtect and the company has helped me out a lot. I pay $45 a month and if something breaks down, they come and make sure they fix it. If they can’t fix it, I give them the deductible for $125 and they put a new one in. They do a very good job and I give them props for that. When the water would come underneath my washer, I filed a claim with them and the claims rep was really nice and took time with me. Then two technicians came and they were also real nice. They told me what the problem was and fixed it up in the back. The washer leaked about a few times before and they told me to call them if I have any more problems. But since the repair, I've had none. I highly recommend TotalProtect Home Warranty.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Berta – Thanks for your loyalty! We appreciate you sharing your experience and sorry to hear you had to cancel. We are here when you are ready to come back. – Tanya

Original review: July 22, 2017

TotalProtect is a good thing to have. Submitting a claim with them was quick and the claims representatives were courteous. Everybody answered all my questions. Also, the technicians that they sent were good. I got unemployed so I called to cancel because I can’t really be paying for it right now. But my experience with them was good.

1/5  to 4/53
Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: July 6, 2017

Subsequent to writing this review, I was contacted by Total Protect, and without going into a lot of detail, they were able to resolve this situation in a very satisfactory manner, which actually speaks quite well of them. So, I am changing my review to 4 stars, with a 1 star deduction for making the first go-around so distasteful.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Jim – We are delighted to hear that we were able to make this right for you. Thanks sharing your experience! – Tanya

Original review: June 26, 2017

Here's my situation: My garage door opener has been out for a month, and this policy supposedly covered that. Well, they sent a guy out, and he said the logic board, inside the garage door opener, was bad, but since the unit was like 20 years old, he would try to get me a new one. Well, awhile later he said, I've got bad news, since the remotes weren't working, and they didn't cover the remotes, they couldn't do anything. Never mind that there was nothing wrong with the remotes, it was a problem that was inside the garage door opener that was causing the remotes not to work! Can you even believe the gall of these guys? Well, they called and I gave them an earful and a half, nothing resolved. I'm waiting for her supervisor to call, but I'm not expecting much, if anything. If they do resolve this in a fair and honest manner, I will come back to this forum and say that. But, don't hold your breath or anything!

5.00/5

My aunt had TotalProtect and we stayed with them because when anything went wrong, we had no problem repairing stuff. Submitting a claim is an easy process once I get somebody on the line. My interaction with them has been excellent. But the only problem is when I get the recorded line. Also, the technicians have been knowledgeable and friendly. I like them all when they come to my house. Their work has been outstanding. They also always call back and check to see if everything has been completed to my satisfaction.

5.00/5

Things break down so we decided to get TotalProtect. There are other home warranty companies around but they're not as efficient as TotalProtect. I also had someone else told me that they had a bad experience with one of the companies. They never came back when they said they would. We had an issue with the refrigerator so we filed a claim with TotalProtect. The technicians came out, looked at everything and said they'd be back for the part, which they did the next day. They put in the new part and the refrigerator worked fine. Another part gave out a couple of days later and they came the next day and got it straight.

The technician was pretty good and a nice person, too. He was explaining a few things to us about the different refrigerators. He said the one that we have is a very good one, better than some of the newer ones that they are putting out now. He also told us a few things to look out for which sounds reasonable. The quality of the repair was very good and the refrigerator now is running great. They also did pretty well with our washing machine. I would recommend TotalProtect to a friend.

5.00/5

My son-in-law told me about TotalProtect Home Warranty and I liked their price and coverage. When I recently filed a claim, I simply went to the internet and filled out the information. Then immediately, I was given a contact for the vendor. The vendor made the appointment, came, and did the fix. They were very professional, effective, and knew what they were doing. But, I've had two repairs and I had to call them back off time. Other than that, the overall experience was better than I would have expected.

4.00/5

I've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for seven years now and I really don't have any complaints. With a home warranty everything was covered and the price wasn't too bad. I had good success when submitting a claim and it has been easy. They have all been good people and the quality of their work of the technicians was good. They did most of what they're supposed to do. I had a tech here a while back to check my air-conditioning. It was old but it was still working all fine right now. But, it's still in bad shape. The last guy to come out said TotalProtect Home Warranty wouldn't replace it. The maintenance wouldn't keep up on it like it should have been but that's just something that's normal. I just have to wait and see what happens. So far, it has been good. They come out when they say they're going to come out. I'm satisfied with it.

4.00/5

We've had TotalProtect for several years. They were the first home warranty that I tried and I didn't try others. They were very effective and economical. It was a really easy way to save money if I could get problems fixed and have all insured. The claims representative that I last spoke with was outstanding and the process was top-notch. The last tech was one of the best ones yet that has come out. He took care of our problem that I had with my commode in the kitchen. He did an outstanding job.