Customer Reviews

3.99/5
based on 451 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

TotalProtect is a really great company and has a good service. I would highly recommend them. I used to have another home warranty that wasn't worth a damn and I mentioned it to a friend of mine who had TotalProtect. I then contacted TotalProtect and switched over and I've been very happy since then. If I call right now, I would have a claim in 3-5 minutes and I'd know who's the contractor and have his phone number. The contractors immediately get the claim as soon as I get their number. If it's a workday, I can talk to them within just a couple of minutes. I'd normally call them before they call me. Then they'll come out and either fix the problem or get a new one if it can't be fixed. I got a brand new $1000 refrigerator a few months ago because the old one wasn't made anymore and its part was not available. So they're the best.

The techs who come out are very knowledgeable and smart. TotalProtect uses Sears for appliances and Sears has better appliance technicians and service people than anybody. But they also send out people who aren't from Sears. But with the refrigerator, they sent a Sears guy out. I don't know how they go about selecting their contractors, but I have been happy with every contractor and they seem to know their business. They're polite and get the job done quick so I couldn’t ask for more. Overall, TotalProtect does what they say and do it in a polite, speedy manner and they don’t waste my time.

5.00/5

I've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for years and they have worked out good. We've had several appliances that needed repairs like the ice maker and the freezer, the vent above the stove and garbage disposal. We have a quick, easy and excellent service while submitting the claim and their rep was courteous and able to answer. So far, everything has been repaired or replaced and I'm very satisfied with TotalProtect Home Warranty.

5.00/5

The quality of the vendors that TotalProtect sends is excellent. The vendors are friendly, well-trained, polite, decently dressed people with good attitude and they seem to know what they're doing. I had another home warranty plan, Colonial Home Warranty plan and they were a scam. They said they couldn't fix my stove and they tried on and on and when I switched over to TotalProtect, they sent somebody out and he fixed it. And the same stove broke down again recently and the guy came out and there were just some screws tightening.

Over a few years, I've had a refrigerator repair, whole house air-conditioning repairs, garbage disposal, and gas stove repairs and my experiences have all been positive. They have excellent service and courteous contact persons. Everybody's very friendly and cooperative, as well. A couple of times I called after hours and they took it and then the vendors would call me the next morning to set up the appointment. Other times it was the same day.

5.00/5

I one of those people who prefer that people show me what they can do rather than they tell me about it. As anything can go wrong, I got TotalProtect. I have to have a plumber and an electrician, and it's going to cost me more than what I'm paying them in premium. With TotalProtect all I have to pay is the $75 service fee and they handle the rest. I had technicians come out twice, and I got good results.

When my dryer of over 15 years that was older than dirt went out, it could not be fixed and had to be replaced which cost more than I paid in annual premium. My premium is $480 a year, but the brand new GE dryer in my laundry room right now is worth over $500. It's still working too. The service tech that came out to look at my old dryer came from Sears service department. He actually got the dryer working again that you could smell the electrical smell, like wires are burning, which was now a safety issue. He was in the laundry room, talking to his people and while he was on the phone TotalProtect called and talked to me at the same time. They were very hands-on on that first experience. When my oven element went out, they sent a technician from Fixx My Appliance out of Conyers, Georgia. They fixed it for me before Thanksgiving and it is working again.

Before the end of next week, I will be renewing my policy with TotalProtect. I have to renew before the 26th. It was paid through my mortgage, but I refinanced my mortgage so that is no longer taking place. I've been satisfied with TotalProtect's services so far. It covers all my major appliances, my electrical, and my plumbing. I have recommended them to my daughter for her home.

5.00/5

I call TotalProtect to submit a claim and usually the provider calls me. But for the most recent claim, I called TotalProtect and then they told me whom to call. Their techs who came did fine and they had good quality of work. There was a plumber named Mark who was great. He did the work and answered a bunch of questions. TotalProtect have been very good to me.

5.00/5

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been great. I either go online or call and they give me the number of the vendor. Then they usually call me or I call them and they make an appointment. They are usually here very timely and do their job. My experience has always been very satisfactory. As a matter of fact, one time I had an issue with my microwave and they couldn't do anything about it so they replaced the whole thing and that was great. I did recommend TotalProtect to a friend and have bought the warranty for my mother.

5.00/5

I'm very satisfied TotalProtect's customer service and how they handle the claims. I could submit claims online or call anytime and it's very easy to do. Whatever was fixed have not been broken again and I didn't have to call again. Everybody that I have talked to is nice and very helpful and whenever I needed the service, it was there. I've been keeping the same warranty and have highly recommended it. I even recommended it to my daughter.

5.00/5

I was looking to change from the provider that I had before and found out about TotalProtect through an internet search. I have not heard anything about it in particular before. It provided overall coverage that I need and the pricing was competitive. So I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, everything has worked well. We’ve submitted two claims. It was easy to do online. The follow up was quick and I've been happy with both of the providers that they sent out. Both of them have been very good and thorough. Sears was the first one and then, Wave Plumbing was the second. Both were great. I'm very happy with the work. The young man that called to go over the second claim details was absolutely wonderful. He went above and beyond in explaining everything, looking at options for us to save cost, because the pieces that were not covered on the repair were pretty costly. So he gave us some input on that and really helped and that's very different.

5.00/5

I never had a problem submitting a claim with TotalProtect. It was pretty easy to do. The technician told me what was going on during the repair and I'm happy with his work. I would recommend TotalProtect to a friend.

5.00/5

I’ve been with TotalProtect for eight years now and my experience has been wonderful. When I call and make a claim, they try to get the company that I prefer. And they work so expeditiously. It's fast and I have not had any problems with TotalProtect. All of the technicians that they sent were very courteous.

5.00/5

TotalProtect is fantastic and I have no complaints whatsoever. They came here one day when I called up, took a look at everything, went back and got the hot water heater they needed. They said they’d be here 9 o’clock and sure enough, 9 o’clock they were here. They put it in, cleaned up their mess and did exactly what they said they would do. They did a wonderful job and if I need them, I’ll call them again.

5.00/5

I looked up TotalProtect Home Warranty online because I got cancelled after 15 years with American Home Shield. Submitting a claim with TotalProtect was no problem at all. They’re always very prompt and use good people so I’m satisfied with that. Their claim reps are pro-customer and we have very easy interactions. I'm never home when the techs come but I saw the guy who did the garage door. He fixed it and it was fine, except he couldn’t get the parts and that wasn’t his problem. So far, nothing’s fallen apart with all the work they've done and I didn’t have to have people come out again. TotalProtect has fast, friendly service.

5.00/5

I have put in a couple of claims with TotalProtect and didn’t have any problem with either one of them. The reps were very professional and knowledgeable of whatever I needed. The technician was great as well. So far, I’m pleased with the quality of work that was performed by the technician.

5.00/5

I checked into two warranty company, and TotalProtect had the most coverage and the best price at the time. Submitting claims over the phone has been great. The technicians have been good so far, and the last one when our AC system went out, Quigley Heating & Cooling came and they're the best ever.

5.00/5

Excellent follow up and the contractors sent out by TotalProtect have been good. I submitted my claims over the phone and I've had fast service through the whole process. I've had several things done over the years and I've been very satisfied with the work.

5.00/5

We've had TotalProtect for about 15 years already. They've been nice to us, so we stayed with them. It was very easy to submit a claim. We usually file our claims through a pay phone. A technician gets in contact with us pretty quick, within a day or two. The contractors have been great, and we've been satisfied with the quality of the work that's been performed by the technicians. Overall, it's been great with TotalProtect.

5.00/5

TotalProtect has been working out for me. I've been with them for a couple of years, and everything has been easy. I do my claims over the phone, then I hear from a contractor usually within an hour or so. They're a great company.

5.00/5

For protection and to save money, we decided on TotalProtect. Once we submitted a claim, they gave us a vendor to call to get our service done. Their rep was a fantastic young lady and everything was excellent. We've had about five claims that they took care of very successfully. TotalProtect is a very good company to deal with and we have a wonderful experience with them.

5.00/5

TotalProtect is an ethical company. They do what they say they will. When our oven went out, I called and they had someone come out and take a look at the oven. It was determined that it could not be repaired. It cost me $75 for the service call. Since it could not be repaired, TotalProtect got back with me and told me that my options were either they'll give me $500 or they'll replace the oven. I told them to replace the oven, and they did. The technicians they sent were very professional. The oven with that size was no longer available, so we had to get a different size. In doing so, we ended up having to do a bit of cabinet work, but it was certainly not their fault.

Additionally, TotalProtect replaced a large air conditioning unit for us. I had a second one and I was concerned that they may not be so responsive to it because they've already replaced one very big unit, so I went with Choice Home Warranty, and I absolutely was unimpressed with them. Our hot water heater had a leak, and they refuse to cover it. They said they don't cover the tank, so at that point I discontinued them. They were very arrogant, and I never received that kind of attitude from TotalProtect. I am back with TotalProtect and in fact, all three of my properties are with them now.

5.00/5

I’ve been with TotalProtect for a long time. I spoke to other people and they said it was good so I got them. So far, my experience with the claims have been good. Their reps were very understanding. They reflect back to the questions or answers and they set up the appointment very quickly. I’m pleased with them. I've been with many contractors for the different claims that I filed and overall, they’ve been good and professional. Their quality of work has been great and outstanding. TotalProtect is good. I definitely like it and I will keep them for my lifetime.

5.00/5

I love TotalProtect. I call and tell them what is going on when I have a claim and they would call whatever company they go with. The contractor always calls within a reasonable amount of time and then we set up the appointment. The process is simple. Everybody is friendly and does the job fine.

5.00/5

I was researching home warranty companies, and TotalProtect all got a good review. It was very easy to submit a claim. A contractor got back to me almost instantaneously, and the work they did was of good quality. I'd recommend TotalProtect.

5.00/5

GMAC recommended TotalProtect to me. I've been with them for probably ten years and I never had any problems. Anything I’ve ever called about, other than paying my deductible, they took care of it. Most of the time, I submit claims over the phone and within three or four hours, a technician contacts me. I’ve always had good interactions with the technicians and their work has been satisfactory. Everything’s been good with TotalProtect.

5.00/5

I have appliances and I didn't want something to tear up on me all of a sudden and then I got to come out of my pocket. So I looked for insurance and I already have another policy but I didn't like how they operate it. Then my bank, Founders, told me about TotalProtect and I like the way they service me and how they operate. With TotalProtect, I file claims over the phone and tell them my appliance and the next thing, they call me, give a claim number, and get somebody on it. We are pleased.

5.00/5

I thought that having a home warranty was a good idea and TotalProtect's deductible was reasonable. There's no risk like any insurance. When something happens, it's there and the problem's taken care of. Submitting a claim online only takes about a minute. I don't have to make any calls and I get a response really fast. They go in motion and before I know it, whatever I ask for is fixed. I've had two claims this year and the tech that came did a good job. He followed up and I was happy with his work. The work has been outstanding. It's complete and I'm satisfied. TotalProtect has been really prompt. When I use their warranty which isn't very often, it works and I can rely on it.

5.00/5

I first got the information about TotalProtect Home Warranty through Regions Bank, because they could set up a plan where they can take payments right from my bank account. But I told them not to do that. I've had very good experience with Total Protect and I was really pleased. I had problems with my air condition on a Saturday so I called TotalProtect and then they called me and gave my claim number and told me who was gonna contact me. They also gave me their number so I can contact them. TotalProtect also had to call the service company to give them my claim number and they came right out the very same day. They told me whether I have to pay or didn’t have to pay and everything.

The air condition didn’t even go through the whole night and it went out some kind of way. I called TotalProtect on a Sunday and they contacted them again. The guy had called me that Sunday, but he wasn’t able to get in touch with me then he came back that Monday. Everything went very well and they worked very fast. I’m really pleased with them and I've been telling everybody about Total Protect because they are very good. When I first called them that Saturday I thought they were gonna send someone out in a few days but they were right up on top of things.

5.00/5

We got a home warranty because we have an old house. Everything was up to date but we knew that things are gonna eventually start falling apart and we wanted to be prepared. The sales representative at TotalProtect was extremely nice. I had several questions, it was my first time, and she was there to answer everything and I knew everything I needed to know.

Submitting a claim is extremely easy. I called the number to tell them what was going on, they gave me a number, and it wasn't long before I was contacted by the people who were gonna fix our air conditioning. The technician was wonderful. He was very polite and he had the parts ready to go ahead and fix it. It was done in five minutes. After the repair our air conditioner worked better than it has in years. I was afraid it was gonna be more difficult but they really did take good care of us.

5.00/5

My husband’s getting older and he didn’t want to fix so we got a home warranty from TotalProtect. The interactions that I had with their reps and technicians were nice. First we had an electrical problem and then a plumbing problem and then two with the air conditioner. The quality of work performed were all wonderful.