Customer Reviews

3.87/5
based on 426 ratings
Read more reviews

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Shirley – we are glad to hear that you are pleased with the service, and that the process was easy. This is the type of service we aim to provide. Thanks for sharing! – Tanya

Original review: April 17, 2017

The house was five years old and it seemed like a good idea to acquire a home warranty. So, I thought it would be a good investment. I haven't had any problems submitting a claim with TotalProtect. It was easy. I would just call and then they have someone to call you or they give you the number to call whomever. When I called for the oven in my stove, they gave me a number for the service person. I then called and they scheduled an appointment for me. The service technicians that came out were respectful, explained everything and cleaned up after themselves. Overall, I haven't had any problems. So, I'm glad of that. As long as I get good service, then I'll stick with it.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

David – we appreciate your kind words, and you sharing your experience. Friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful are the qualities we like for our employees to have, and we are delighted to hear that we have been helpful. Thanks – Amanda

Original review: April 15, 2017

We've lived in our house for several years and we thought things might start to go. TotalProtect was the first home warranty offered to me and we've had them for several years now. The claims process overall was easy. We submitted a claim recently and it was real simple. I reported it online then I received a phone call from the service provider within a few hours and we set up an appointment. They came out, evaluated the situation, and decided they didn't have what they needed right that day. So, we made an appointment for them to come back and they came back and took care of it. The plumber who came out called the service rep to get approval and then handed the phone to me. The service rep I talked to was very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

The technicians were on top of the job, knew what they were doing, and I was very impressed with them. They were punctual, very knowledgeable, and they took care of the problem in an expedient manner. Also, the quality of the work performed was great. I was very satisfied with the claims process, with the service technicians, and the people I spoke with at the company itself. I would recommend TotalProtect.

TotalProtect Home Warranty

Marcia – Thanks for letting us know that we have met your expectations and sharing your experience! Sincerely – Heather

Original review: April 5, 2017

Whenever I file a claim I would call TotalProtect to let them know what I need work done. They would give me a claim number and a company that I can contact to have the work done at my house. Once they come out I pay a one-time $75 fee or if it's something that they do not cover then I would have to pay that out of pocket. And once they're done they contact me back and sometimes I get a call from them to find out how things are. All of the technicians were friendly. If I had a question, they answered it and sometimes they would explain things to me even if I didn't ask a question. That way I would know what they are doing. I haven't had any problems with them and I have recommended them to several people.

5.00/5

My son-in-law told me about TotalProtect Home Warranty and I liked their price and coverage. When I recently filed a claim, I simply went to the internet and filled out the information. Then immediately, I was given a contact for the vendor. The vendor made the appointment, came, and did the fix. They were very professional, effective, and knew what they were doing. But, I've had two repairs and I had to call them back off time. Other than that, the overall experience was better than I would have expected.

4.00/5

I've had TotalProtect Home Warranty for seven years now and I really don't have any complaints. With a home warranty everything was covered and the price wasn't too bad. I had good success when submitting a claim and it has been easy. They have all been good people and the quality of their work of the technicians was good. They did most of what they're supposed to do. I had a tech here a while back to check my air-conditioning. It was old but it was still working all fine right now. But, it's still in bad shape. The last guy to come out said TotalProtect Home Warranty wouldn't replace it. The maintenance wouldn't keep up on it like it should have been but that's just something that's normal. I just have to wait and see what happens. So far, it has been good. They come out when they say they're going to come out. I'm satisfied with it.

4.00/5

We've had TotalProtect for several years. They were the first home warranty that I tried and I didn't try others. They were very effective and economical. It was a really easy way to save money if I could get problems fixed and have all insured. The claims representative that I last spoke with was outstanding and the process was top-notch. The last tech was one of the best ones yet that has come out. He took care of our problem that I had with my commode in the kitchen. He did an outstanding job.

4.00/5

We've been with TotalProtect for a number of years now and I'm satisfied. They already know who I am from my previous calls when I call the number they provided when filing for a claim. Someone answers and I explain to them the problem. The techs were professionals.

5.00/5

We had a stove gone bad last year and what it was, was a memory. The repairman came out and he was from Sears Repair company that TotalProtect contract with. He took the part, went through it and saw what it was. Then he went through everything he could to get the part and he wasn't able to, so they replaced the stove. Also, we had a blower motor gone out on the furnace a couple of years ago and they replaced that. Then we've had problems with the air conditioning and the last guy who came out said that it's a brand new one so they used top of the line parts. I've been very satisfied with TotalProtect that's why I stuck with them and I'm not gonna get rid of them. I've already recommended TotalProtect to a couple people.

5.00/5

I decided to look into acquiring a home warranty in order to avoid excessive expenses with repairs. Total Protect was recommended by my mortgage company. Submitting a claim is easy with them. You can do it online or you can call. You then get a call from the service provider to set a time for them to come out. Total Protect is efficient and it works well. The last service provider who came did a garage door opener. He was knowledgeable and on time. Moreover, the quality of his work was very good.

5.00/5

We've got appliances and I don't want to have a big amount of payout in my pocket. Getting a home warranty is convenient and Bank of America offered TotalProtect. It looked good to me so I enrolled with them. Submitting a claim is easy and convenient. It's also easy to set up an appointment. I call them and tell them what's wrong. The reps I've spoken to are very accommodating and they're well-versed on the type of claim I tell them. They're very courteous and they always answer my questions. They already have a company to call and come out to my house and they always follow up after that. The technicians they've sent out are courteous and polite and the quality of their work is good.

5.00/5

About 12 years ago, when I got my mortgage through CrossCountry, they offered TotalProtect to me and I took it. Submitting a claim to the warranty company was easy and it has been an excellent experience. TotalProtect was on time and every claims rep was courteous. The technicians that they sent out were always good. TotalPRotect is great.

5.00/5

With TotalProtect, I haven't had any problems in getting things fixed. I call them and they were very friendly. Also, the technicians that they sent out did quality work. Over a month ago, my brand new dishwasher went out on me and TotalProtect replaced it. I paid them $75 and that was all it cost me. They do what they say and I'm really happy with them.

5.00/5

Our neighbor had a home warranty and he was talking good things about it. I also got one from Total Protect. I usually contact them online then they send me an email with a case number. Then right away they send me a name of someone to call. I call them and they make an appointment to come out and look at it. It's an easy process. The techs call first before they come, and once they do I show them where the appliance is and they go to work. I had a claim on my heater recently and I feel that the quality of the repair was good.

4.00/5

I always submit my claims with TotalProtect online and it's very easy. I usually get a response within hours of the very same day. The last time I called them was about the garage door opener. It went out, and they had a Sears representative come fix it. TotalProtect sends professional contractors and I’m satisfied with the quality of their work.

5.00/5

I first signed up when we had our mortgage with GMAC. Then when the mortgage was sold to someone else, it was still called Total Protection, so I've been with them quite a while now. I've had a really good experience with their claim submission. I call the problem in and then they give me a claim number and the person to call. Most recently, the air conditioner compressor went out and they turned it around real quickly, got it installed and working in less than two days, and I was happy with them. The tech couldn't have been nicer. We are completely satisfied with our experience.

5.00/5

Total Protect was suggested to me by my daughter. I've had them for about 8-10 years and it's easy to submit a claim. Most times, I call in and someone takes the claim. The last two times, I’ve been denied because it wasn’t something that was covered but for the most part, the majority of them have been taken care of. Their reps are very helpful and have explained things. When they say my claim is not covered, I'd check in the manual and that's what it says.

The technicians have been friendly. If they have to order a part, they tell me and it comes on the time that they had indicated it. They've come back and repaired it. Total Protect's copay has gone up and things are much more expensive these days. I wouldn’t have been with it as long as I have if I’m having problems with the service. The overall value of their warranty is good. I have recommended them to a friend.

5.00/5

The warranty I had was up and its price was too high so I tried out TotalProtect as they covered more service. I had a mechanical breakdown with my air conditioning system and called in to the 1-800 number. A representative took the information and was friendly. Within eight hours I had a technician dispatched. He came, diagnosed the problem and did the job in a professional manner. I would recommend TotalProtect to a friend or anyone. They are quick and dependable.

5.00/5

The quality of the vendors that TotalProtect sends is excellent. The vendors are friendly, well-trained, polite, decently dressed people with good attitude and they seem to know what they're doing. I had another home warranty plan, Colonial Home Warranty plan and they were a scam. They said they couldn't fix my stove and they tried on and on and when I switched over to TotalProtect, they sent somebody out and he fixed it. And the same stove broke down again recently and the guy came out and there were just some screws tightening.

Over a few years, I've had a refrigerator repair, whole house air-conditioning repairs, garbage disposal, and gas stove repairs and my experiences have all been positive. They have excellent service and courteous contact persons. Everybody's very friendly and cooperative, as well. A couple of times I called after hours and they took it and then the vendors would call me the next morning to set up the appointment. Other times it was the same day.

5.00/5

I one of those people who prefer that people show me what they can do rather than they tell me about it. As anything can go wrong, I got TotalProtect. I have to have a plumber and an electrician, and it's going to cost me more than what I'm paying them in premium. With TotalProtect all I have to pay is the $75 service fee and they handle the rest. I had technicians come out twice, and I got good results.

When my dryer of over 15 years that was older than dirt went out, it could not be fixed and had to be replaced which cost more than I paid in annual premium. My premium is $480 a year, but the brand new GE dryer in my laundry room right now is worth over $500. It's still working too. The service tech that came out to look at my old dryer came from Sears service department. He actually got the dryer working again that you could smell the electrical smell, like wires are burning, which was now a safety issue. He was in the laundry room, talking to his people and while he was on the phone TotalProtect called and talked to me at the same time. They were very hands-on on that first experience. When my oven element went out, they sent a technician from Fixx My Appliance out of Conyers, Georgia. They fixed it for me before Thanksgiving and it is working again.

Before the end of next week, I will be renewing my policy with TotalProtect. I have to renew before the 26th. It was paid through my mortgage, but I refinanced my mortgage so that is no longer taking place. I've been satisfied with TotalProtect's services so far. It covers all my major appliances, my electrical, and my plumbing. I have recommended them to my daughter for her home.

5.00/5

I call TotalProtect to submit a claim and usually the provider calls me. But for the most recent claim, I called TotalProtect and then they told me whom to call. Their techs who came did fine and they had good quality of work. There was a plumber named Mark who was great. He did the work and answered a bunch of questions. TotalProtect have been very good to me.

5.00/5

Submitting a claim with TotalProtect has been great. I either go online or call and they give me the number of the vendor. Then they usually call me or I call them and they make an appointment. They are usually here very timely and do their job. My experience has always been very satisfactory. As a matter of fact, one time I had an issue with my microwave and they couldn't do anything about it so they replaced the whole thing and that was great. I've recommended TotalProtect to a friend and have bought the warranty for my mother.

5.00/5

I'm very satisfied TotalProtect's customer service and how they handle the claims. I could submit claims online or call anytime and it's very easy to do. Whatever was fixed have not been broken again and I didn't have to call again. Everybody that I have talked to is nice and very helpful and whenever I needed the service, it was there. I've been keeping the same warranty and have highly recommended it. I even recommended it to my daughter.

5.00/5

I was looking to change from the provider that I had before and found out about TotalProtect through an internet search. I have not heard anything about it in particular before. It provided overall coverage that I need and the pricing was competitive. So I thought I'd give it a shot. So far, everything has worked well. We’ve submitted two claims. It was easy to do online. The follow up was quick and I've been happy with both of the providers that they sent out. Both of them have been very good and thorough. Sears was the first one and then, Wave Plumbing was the second. Both were great. I'm very happy with the work. The young man that called to go over the second claim details was absolutely wonderful. He went above and beyond in explaining everything, looking at options for us to save cost, because the pieces that were not covered on the repair were pretty costly. So he gave us some input on that and really helped and that's very different.

5.00/5

I never had a problem submitting a claim with TotalProtect. It was pretty easy to do. The technician told me what was going on during the repair and I'm happy with his work. I would recommend TotalProtect to a friend.

5.00/5

I’ve been with TotalProtect for eight years now and my experience has been wonderful. When I call and make a claim, they try to get the company that I prefer. And they work so expeditiously. It's fast and I have not had any problems with TotalProtect. All of the technicians that they sent were very courteous.

5.00/5

TotalProtect is fantastic and I have no complaints whatsoever. They came here one day when I called up, took a look at everything, went back and got the hot water heater they needed. They said they’d be here 9 o’clock and sure enough, 9 o’clock they were here. They put it in, cleaned up their mess and did exactly what they said they would do. They did a wonderful job and if I need them, I’ll call them again.

5.00/5

I looked up TotalProtect Home Warranty online because I got cancelled after 15 years with American Home Shield. Submitting a claim with TotalProtect was no problem at all. They’re always very prompt and use good people so I’m satisfied with that. Their claim reps are pro-customer and we have very easy interactions. I'm never home when the techs come but I saw the guy who did the garage door. He fixed it and it was fine, except he couldn’t get the parts and that wasn’t his problem. So far, nothing’s fallen apart with all the work they've done and I didn’t have to have people come out again. TotalProtect has fast, friendly service.