Customer Reviews

4.57/5
based on 90 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

5.00/5

I got a walk-in tub from Independent Home. The sales rep came out and talked to us about it and we got what we wanted. The installers came and built it in. I read the information and how to use it. Overall, I'm satisfied with everything.

4.00/5

We got a standard walk-in tub from Independent Home. The salesman, Rodney, was very good, helpful and worked with us a great deal in terms of accommodating our schedule. For my wife, who has a Parkinson's, even if she didn't take a soaking bath, giving her a shower with her sitting down in there and me not having to bend way over is a really nice feature of a walk-in tub. It makes it easy for me to do that.

5.00/5

Independent Home is the best. I have called a lot of different companies about walk-in bathtubs and somebody from them called me back. The dealer that I spoke with was great and their installers were very good as well. Everything was fine.

5.00/5

When I purchased a tub from Independent Home, it was easy. I like the ease of getting in and out and that it fit in the space that we had. There was no problem during the installation and we’ve had the tub for four months now. I would recommend Independent Home if my friends were considering it.

5.00/5

I have neuropathy and I'm trying to get my feet to feel something so I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. Independent Home was the first one to call and so they were the one that got the deal. Everybody was nice and considerate at Independent Home. The installation team was also really good. They were courteous and showed me how the walk-in bathtub works. So far, it's been good. I'd advise other people to use Independent Home as well.

4.00/5

The Independent Home salesman was a local Montana guy who lives in Helena and he seemed real nice. He came, sat, talked to us about the tub, and gave us a final price on it. We gave him a downpayment and it was an easy purchasing process. They set up an installation date and were on time. They came, installed the tub, and get out of here about 6:00 that night. They hauled away all the garbage and everything else and cleaned up their mess when they got done. It was a tremendous experience.

5.00/5

I am disabled and can’t get in and out of a bathtub. I went on the computer and I liked what I saw so I called Independent Home. The installers did what they were supposed to do. They made the walk-in bathtub look nice up in the bathroom and cleaned up after themselves. I've talked to some of my friends that are seniors like I am about the tub and I would recommend them to friends.

4.00/5

I kept complaining to my husband that the step in our walk-in tub was too high. So he found out about Independent Home's Walk-in Bathtubs. They came out and gave us an estimate. When the gentleman came, I told him that the old step was too high and he agreed with me. I had an accident before so I don’t have the total ability to step up a little higher to get in and out of the tub. But now it's much easier to step into the tub and I also enjoyed it. The guys that installed the bathtub were good, kind and considerate.

5.00/5

Independent Home had a tub dimension I wanted. It's the smallest one they make. We had a huge 80-gallon bathtub. We never used it since it was hard to get in and out of and it created water shortage when you fill it. I wanted to get rid of that. I ended up with the jacuzzi. The walk-in tub was a secondary thing. My wife has some arthritis in her back and didn't like leaning over to put her makeup on and I wanted to create a space to put a sit-down counter for her to put her makeup on. So, I wanted to have a minimum sized walk-in tub.

The tub worked fine and they did an excellent job installation-wise. When we took the tub out, a marble wall panel was created to put around it. It looks excellent. I purchased it directly from Independent Home. I called the factory, made sure they could put the sides and ends on it to accommodate the way I wanted to turn it. I worked directly with the factory. They sent the installer out. The guy was very easy to work with and understood what I wanted to accomplish. He did a good job and cleaned up after they left. And I'm very satisfied with it.

5.00/5

I had my shower changed to a garden style tub. I wanted to get something that I could use to a better experience than a walk-in shower, where I can soak in and bathe. Their two installers were great and they did a good job. They had the old one out and the new one in within three hours. They also took their time to go over everything with me. They made sure I knew how to operate the tub.

5.00/5

I met a good man who came to the house and explained a whole lot of things about Independent Home. During the installation, it took the installers eight hours to put the walk-in tub in which was good. They knew what they were doing and everything was all right. I'd recommend them to anybody.

5.00/5

It was great with Independent Home all the way through. We went with them for our tub because I like the way that the sales was presented and gave me a lot of information. Getting the tub was something that we had thought about, but the sales rep had all the information available and facts about the other companies that was good as far as getting somebody else in for a second or third opinion. We talked about the model that would work for us, and it was everything that I had expected. Our tub's got the shower attachment, which is great. It also has the air bubbler, which works wonderfully. So, it was everything that I've wanted in a tub and I couldn't ask for anything more.

It was all good with the installation team. We were able to do the preset in our garage. It was a cold, nasty winter day when they were here, so that worked out great. The guys jumped right in and took over, and they got the old tub out and the new one in. They worked hard and had everything in and going by the end of the day. There wasn't a wasted moment at all, and by the time they were all done, we were ready to go. The tub has been perfect ever since then.

5.00/5

I told Independent Home what we needed and they chose the 2016 Acrylic Deluxe model for us. The guys that came and put it in were nice and professional. They had to make the bathroom door bigger. We had a sunken bathtub and they had to remove that and go down to the basement. They cleaned up and got everything out of the way. I'd rather not have somebody in my house doing things, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was noisy because they had to use saws, but it wasn't a bad experience. They let us know when they were coming and they made it as easy as possible.

5.00/5

In the beginning, I didn't care who I got the tub from. I called other people for the tub and made two or three appointments and they never showed up. But when I called Independent Home, they actually came out and showed up for the appointment to do an estimate so I went with them. The sales rep from Independent Home was great and nice. He explained everything to me and it worked out good. Then, the installation team was really great and they were all nice. It didn't take them till 12 o'clock at night to finish either. The guy explained everything to me and showed us how everything worked. They were also really neat and they fixed everything they tore up. Also, if anything goes wrong, there's a lifetime warranty on it. I can call him in and he'll have somebody close to come out.

I love the tub. I don't have to worry about picking my right leg up high to get in it and I like the seat and the jets in it. Everything worked out for me and even the shower worked good. They put something up where I could put the shower up and high like a regular shower instead of holding it in my hand and they put some bars up to hold on to. It's neat and I have tried to talk people into getting it.

5.00/5

The guy from American Standard was supposed to come out here but he called that day and said he didn’t wanna come and that tub would be expensive for us anyways. They didn't even ask us if we wanted it or not. Then right after that, this lady called from Independent Home and she sent a guy out the next day and we bought it. He was real nice. And so we just signed up with him and then we got our tub in a couple of weeks. The tub that we purchased got a shower, hot and cold water and air jets. It's a real nice tub. I really like it. The installation team were great. They did a good job and finished it up so it just looks really nice.

5.00/5

I looked at several different walk-in and specialty tub manufacturers and Independent Home had what I wanted. I had one guy come out to make an estimate. We had tile where the bathtub was and he was gonna rip it out, cut out the ceiling, both ends and the side and put plastic or fiberglass all up there. This guy putting it in said, "No, we don't wanna do that. We could take out about four inches above the tub, bust the tub out and leave the walls. Nice fancy tile up there."

The tub works great. I got no complaints against it other than it takes about 50 gallons. I had to have him come back out to reinstall the stool this morning because he used the old gasket where the stool hooks to the sewer pipe and it was seeping a little water. He came out and put a new beeswax ring in there and I think we got it fixed. Everything's about standard as far as everything. They put handles everywhere we needed them. They did a great job sealing it to the tile walls. No water leaks there. It's got the heated air blowing in there. It works fine.

The guy that came out and put it in from Independent Home was here on time. He didn't tear out my expensive tile walls that I had up there. He did a great job installing it in there, cleaned it up nice, left everything. I told him to leave the stool out there 'cause I was gonna store it. Everything went just like it was supposed to. And I had a good experience with them.

5.00/5

Yale and Jessica from Independent Home are incredible and an asset to your company. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our home walk-in tub with maintenance and installation. Thank you again and we will definitely recommend your company!

5.00/5

We are so pleased with the installation, service, and product that we received from Independent Home. Ari and his people were amazing. I love my new tub. I'm handicap and it was close to impossible for me to get in and out of a tub, but now with my new tub I'm in heaven. Ari came to my home gave me the best price ever. I had 4 other companies and their prices knock me out of my wheelchair. I found Ari & Independent Home off the web and his prices blew every other company out of the park. He was kind, funny and most important he meet every one of my needs.

His installer Tony omg he's the greatest. He explained everything he was doing, put drop cloths everywhere and cleaned up so well that you never knew he was working in my home. My dad was a contractor and in my eyes no one could come close, to his work, it was never good enough. I can honestly say & trust me I compare everyone's work to my dad's. Ari, Tony, & Independent Home left me speechless. I'm so happy, thank you so very much for all you done for me. You guys are the greatest!!!

5.00/5

We had a really nice bathtub setup and shower, but the guys from Independent Home were calling around about the bathtub. Then we happen to run into them down in Missouri. The rep gave us a price and we did it. The gentlemen that did the install were really efficient did a real good job. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Out of all the tubs I researched, Independent Home seemed to be the only logical one to go with because their parts are made right here in the United States. So I figured that if we had a problem, we could get it taken care of a lot faster. It'd probably be a better deal. And when I talked to them, they were all very nice. The man that came to our house explained it all to us. We thought he was great and he did a good job. They also got us a finance plan that agreed with what we needed. We're enjoying the tub so far. I've had people who asked me about the tub because I put it on Facebook and I've recommended Independent Home.

5.00/5

I checked out Independent Home online and liked their price. I got the Acrylic Deluxe as it had all the features I wanted, and I love it. The purchasing experience was very good, and the installation was outstanding.

5.00/5

My boss has seen a commercial for walk-in tubs and he called the number. His son-in-law and son looked at all consumer reports and tried three different companies then they went with Independent Home because they had better comments. The salesman came in and stayed for quite some time. We had to wait for my boss's daughter and son-in-law to come back and they talked. He explained everything to all of us and then said, "Okay, you guys give me a call". Within that day, the son went ahead and called him and set it up. The two repair guys came the next day and it was pretty good. They came in and looked at all ways to get in and get out and really talked to us.

It was supposed to be done at one day but they actually couldn't finish until the second day because my boss had a lot of questions so they had to keep stopping the work and then go in there to talk to him. He talked about shutting the valve or seeing if they're gonna do this or that right. Then my boss's wife who has dementia was really worried about her pearl necklaces so she wouldn't stay out of the construction site. She kept going back there so we had to keep sitting in there with her and she wanted just to stare at them. I really felt bad for the poor guys but they handled it very good.

5.00/5

The Independent Home salesman who came by was very nice and upfront with everything. It was a good experience dealing with him. The price was one reason why I chose them. I got their biggest tub because I'm a big guy. We had an appointment with the installers but they called and confirmed that it was going to be on a certain time on a certain day. They called that morning before they came out to let me know they were on their way. There were interactions through the day if they or I had any questions. They answered my questions to my satisfaction. They were also courteous and they didn't hold back any information. We're happy with the performance of the tub. It's a good purchase and we're very satisfied.

5.00/5

Independent Home was the fastest to get back to me among other manufacturers. I bought cubicle model because I was limited on space and I love my tub. Purchasing the tub was a pretty good and painless experience. Though I would’ve liked to have gotten just a little bit more information, but I did get that from the contractor that put it in. He had a small space to work in and he didn’t complain once. He just took care of business, and he was great. I've already recommended Independent Home to several friends.

5.00/5

My existing tub was a very unusual and I was very impressed that they were able to put in a walk-in tub and I really enjoy it and I couldn't be happier.

5.00/5

I have fibromyalgia and I have a bad back and so does my husband. I saw that, and it looked like from what the people said on TV, that the walk-in tub from Independent Home might be the one that we would want. And I thought we would try and see and we liked the man that we talked to very much. He came out and measured and explained. We asked questions and he was very good. I was in such need, with so much pain, that the man got it installed a lot quicker than normal. He was wonderful. The men that installed it were very good too. I really like our tub very much. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and my legs are so bad. But I got in my bathtub yesterday and it helped so much.

5.00/5

I'm very well-pleased with my Independent Home walk-in tub. I got proposals from two other manufacturers, but I bought from Independent Home since they have a better price. I did some research and thought the hydrotherapy quality of the model I got was superior to others. I had a salesperson from Independent Home come out. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I had a very good relationship with him. The installer was also very competent and did a good job. Everything went fine. They're very good, and I have no complaints.

4.00/5

My son had a gentleman redoing his kitchen and I asked him about the bathrooms. He said he didn't do that kind of work but he said he would pass my name onto Independent Home. Several days later we got a phone call and they asked if we're interested. I said we were and they came out. The salesman showed us all the features on it and we discussed everything, and the one I went with got the jets and the shower attachment. He was very knowledgeable and polite and his presentation was nice. It was a good experience from start to finish. It's working like it's supposed to and they did everything they were going to do. They were on time and did the job well. The bathroom looked nice when it was finished.

5.00/5

After receiving a couple of quotes from other companies I gave up on being able to afford a tub. Then I tried Independent Home. From the very first time I spoke with someone I felt at ease. I met with the salesman and it was the same feeling. The installers were wonderful as well. Courteous and respectful. My bathroom looks better than before and I love my tub.