Customer Reviews

4.78/5
based on 254 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

We researched walk-in tubs and met with two vendors before meeting with Ari of Independent Home. At first our schedules did not agree and several days passed before we actually sat down with Ari to discuss the tub, but it was worth the telephone tag and wait. While Ari knows his product inside out, his is not your typical salesman. There is no hard sell, no bombardment of "unique" features we can't keep straight, no super special deal if we commit immediately, no special discounts if we use cash or check, just a reasonable price for the tub with the features we like. And, by the way, there are no "unique" features in this business that Independent Home cannot provide.

We felt comfortable with Ari, we trusted his word and manner and feel confident with our choice. We were provided with a detailed quote, not a schedule of prices depending on how fast we decided. We could decided then or later, same price. That's how it should be. Ari should offer classes in effective communication that inspires trust. Yes, that good.

The installation was every bit as good and professional as Ari's presentation. Really. Anthony was impeccable, professional, detailed, patient, able to explain the technical issues and worked with us every step of the way to ensure our satisfaction. There was minimal disruption of our house, tarps were laid down, floors swept up and the refuse was taken away. When Anthony left there was no sign that there had been any construction or demolition. That good. Our install was complicated because of our set-up, but Anthony never lost his awesome attitude, he likes what he does. His goal is to make sure every step of the project meets standards of excellence. It was easy to see that he had installed thousands of other tubs. There was no question that he could not answer no challenge for which he did not have more than one answer.

We suggest anyone interested in a tub to call Independent Home. We are so sure of your satisfaction, that we suggest you see some of the other companies first, just don't decide until you meet with Independent Home. By the way, we met with Jacuzzi and Safe Step. We give the tub the top rating. We love it. Thanks Independent Home. You are the best!

Stuart and Wanda

5.00/5

Original review: June 4, 2019

Independent Home provided experienced & knowledgeable People to install my tub. They cleaned up after each work day and when the job was done. The results was just like I wanted it to be. Everything about my experience was great!

5.00/5

Original review: July 29, 2019

I liked Independent Home's pricing and their product looked a little bit better than others. Their sales team was great as well and my installation experience was fantastic. It was a good experience overall and Independent Home did what I asked them to do.

5.00/5

Original review: July 28, 2019

Since we already had an Independent bathtub seven years ago, we knew what we were looking for. It was a satisfactory buying experience. The dealer had a good line of information and was willing to share it. The installation team was a little late getting here because they had to pick up their equipment and the tub itself in Charleston, South Carolina. It also took them a while to lay their hands on it, but they came on up and worked well into the evening. And then, was up and did it again the next day, and finished it up. The salesperson and the installation team were both fantastic.

5.00/5

Original review: July 20, 2019

There was a salesman from Independent home who stopped by and told me about his company's walk-in bathtubs. He explained it to me and everything, and it sounded good. We made a deal, and they put the tub in the next day. The installation went fine and their crew worked every minute. They never stopped 'til they had the whole thing done. Thus far, I feel the tub is top quality.

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2019

Independent Home's people were really polite and clean. I enjoyed their company and they cleaned up after themselves. I love the tub I got from them so far. I'm an old man and it helps me tremendously.

5.00/5

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've been thinking about a walk-in tub before. I've gotten a price from the one that does a lot of advertising and decided we aren't getting younger and we have to get one of those before we find ourselves wanting it or needing it right away. We got the tub from Independent Home and the installation team was nice. The installation went well.

5.00/5

Original review: July 15, 2019

I got my walk-in tub from Independent Home because of the price and the guy at sales was very nice. They were very good and very business people like. And I love the tub I got.

5.00/5

Original review: July 14, 2019

The representative I worked with at Independent Home was very informative and very detailed in explaining everything. The installation guy was also very professional. He was very good at what he did, and he's done it several times. And he was like clockwork. He did it in one day. Installation was great, and I especially liked the attachments, the faucets, and everything else. They're top-notch. They have a very good quality tub.

5.00/5

Original review: July 13, 2019

I got an Independent Home tub with a wheelchair access. Everything worked fine. The installation team was excellent. They were in and out, and had it done in eight hours. I can now get in, take a bath without worrying about falling.

5.00/5

Original review: July 11, 2019

Purchasing a tub from Independent Home was pretty easy. Their installation team was very nice and did everything well.

5.00/5

Original review: July 10, 2019

I'd been interested in a walk-in bathtub for quite some time, but I had not made up my mind. I got a card in the mail from Independent Home and a gentleman came and talked to me about it. The installation people were very professional, and they really knew their job.

4.00/5

Original review: July 9, 2019

We love our walk-in tub by Independent Home! My husband and I are in our late 40s-early 50s. Both of us have previous back injuries and soaking in our walk-in tub with the air jets on relieves our pain and is very relaxing! It helps us to get a better night's sleep. And my varicose veins are much less visible. We are glad we got our walk-in tub!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I can't tell you how pleased I was with installation. Men were here 8:00 straight up, went right to work, took all precautions not damage anything and put clothes down on my floors, went through all instructions, cleaned up behind themselves and all was done. If you are lucky enough to get Tim and DJ you got the best!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

We got the cheapest tub that Independent Home had for my mother who is 83. The salesperson who came here was an awesome gentleman. The people who put it in were incredible. Everybody was on time and they did a great job. It was one day, just like they said. They had it within a week and they came one morning at 9:00 o’clock, on the dot, and they were here all day ’til 3:00 o’clock and did everything. So far we’ve been using it for showering and bathing, and both my mom and I love it. They put in the grab bar in the tub and there’s a hook-up on the wall. There's a part where heat comes out at the back of the seat, and it feels good on your back. It's the absolute best experience I’ve had in a while since I’ve been here in Florida. I told my barber about it and I brought the pamphlet and showed it to him when he asked me.

5.00/5

Original review: July 8, 2019

We enjoyed having Dean and Alex install our new shower. They did a diligent, careful job, quietly and carefully, and left us with a beautiful shower. We would gladly hire them again anytime and would highly recommend them to everyone!

5.00/5

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had a company called Bath Fitter come out and they gave me an estimate. Their product was like paper thin that goes on the wall. They cover the bathtub and they didn’t do any kinda work. A guy from Independent Home came and he had some samples of their product. It was great. It was real thick, and it was zinc. The price was good too and purchasing was not difficult at all. I just made two payments.

They did the bathroom remake from the tub to the shower. They stayed back in the back bathroom. I heard them sawing and drilling on stuff, and I told them, “The tile in that bathroom butts up right against the tub. So, when you gotta take that tub out, if you break that tile, that’s not on me.” They said, “No. Everything we do is covered in the price you pay. We’ll replace the tile.” Those guys took out everything all the way down to the concrete floor and hauled it off. They hauled off the bathtub. They took all the tile off the walls. Behind that tile and over the bathtub, there was mold, and they took all of that stuff out and replaced the insulation. They put a bleach liquid in there to make sure all the mold was dead. It took them one day, and they cleaned up afterwards. It was great. My two daughters came out and looked at it and said it’s beautiful.

5.00/5

Original review: June 22, 2019

I found Independent Home online and the experience was all good with the dealer. They seemed to care about their job a lot. I bought a walk-in tub with a shower and I like its convenience. The installers did the job very well. They also took pride in what they did.

5.00/5

Original review: June 20, 2019

Independent Home came around and gave me a pretty good price. My wife who is 84 has gotten to where she's been having a difficult time putting her leg over the side of the bathtub. I went with them and their installer had to take a hacksaw and cut the steel bathtub out. He then installed a shower inside. They did a very good job and cleaned up the area. However, I had some people came in and thought the price was a little high. Also, my wife wasn't too happy with the door. Still, their reps were courteous and answered my questions. I would recommend them to almost anybody.

5.00/5

Original review: June 19, 2019

The installer were very professional and courteous. They did a very good job on our new shower. They were on time and very courteous to me and my husband. They made sure the shower was going to be a good fit for us. Thank you Independent Home for everything.

5.00/5

Original review: June 18, 2019

We got a walk-in shower from Independent Home and it was great. The salesperson was really nice. He was really helpful. Everything that went from the salesperson to the install was top-notch. They got here early and were real prepared. They got it done within 4 hours and they cleaned up after themselves.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Independent Home called us for an appointment. They went through all the details to help us make our decision and we got the tub with the door that opens inside. The purchasing process was okay as far as interviews went. We also had a good experience with the installation team. I like that they were able to get in here and then get out. They also cleaned up when they were finished.

Original review: June 14, 2019

The installers arrived on scheduled time. Installers were very professional and very clean and very nice. They took all care of my house and possessions. Job was done in a very professional manner. I am very satisfied with the work performed. Would recommend.

5.00/5

Original review: June 13, 2019

I have difficulty stepping over the bathtub and getting in and out of it. Purchasing the tub at Independent Home was lengthy, but it was easy. With it, I like the fact that the water stays warm for the entire time you're in there soaking. During the installation, everything went quickly. The guys knew what they were doing and they did it very efficiently, including taking doors and door jambs out. Getting the tub into the house was interesting, but we managed.

The only thing that I would warn people about is when the installers say that you don't need to get stuff out of their way 'cause it's not in their way. It may not be in their way, but the process itself of having to remove tile and a few other things creates a lot of dust. If I had gotten stuff out of the way, it would have been a lot easier to clean up afterwards. They did a good job cleaning, but there was so much that it was a little bit of a pain. Also, the initial installers put one of the hoses in upside down, and because of that, the handheld shower didn't seat into the brackets properly. So, when the guy came out the second time, he looked at it and started laughing. It was a real quick fix, but it was stupid. Everything's fine now and I've already recommended Independent Home.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I would recommend Independent Home to anyone who is gonna get a walk-in tub. The price seemed reasonable and the way the rep explained it and told me about it, it seemed like it was a good, sturdy walk-in tub that's better than a lot of those on the market. I bought a walk-in therapeutic spa tub and it was easy. I made a downpayment and monthly payments. The installers were very good too. They put it in and cleaned up.

5.00/5

Original review: June 11, 2019

We got an Independent Home tub and liked it. We had also looked at several others, but we liked it best. Purchasing it was easy but it is very expensive. The father-and-son installation team was absolutely wonderful. They were everything they should’ve been and more. Danny is disabled and the tub has been a comfort to him.

5.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

I liked the price of Independent Home bathtub. Their dealer was very nice and the purchase was pretty easy. The installers did a very good job and they cleaned up after themselves. The first time I sat in the tub, it was like sitting in a dishwasher. But after I got past that, it was okay. I like our new tub. You step in, sit down, and turn it on. With our other tub, I broke my foot getting out of it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

My mom and dad needed a walk-in bathtub. We’ve heard about the walk-in tubs for a while and did research on the internet. A combination of the reviews online and the salesman made us use Independent Home. A couple of other bigger companies had issues, but Independent Home's salesman was very good. Our interactions with the installation team were good and it took them a day to do the install. And although we had an issue in the beginning, they resolved it within a week. They had to do something with the shower bar and the drain catch thing. We bought one of the smaller models. It has air jets, foot spas, and the shower. My parents like it and feel very good about it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2019

It’s very hard to get up and out of a regular tub, which made me get a walk-in tub. Although I knew what I wanted, all my options were explained well to me by Independent Home's rep, but he didn't tell me I’d have to get a new water heater. The installers were two nice gentlemen. They got here at 9:00 and they were out before 3:00. One, two, three, they had it done and they cleaned up after themselves. The new tub helps my back.

5.00/5

Original review: June 7, 2019

My mother can't get in and out of a regular tub and I'm not much better. We went with a walk-in tub from Independent Home, and their rep was a super guy. He was very congenial, nice, and informative. He had all the answers to all the questions we had. Plus, the installers were fine and cleaned up after themselves.