Customer Reviews

4.77/5
based on 275 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have been wanting to have a tub from Independent Home and finally, was able to get one. It made me so happy. I’m 73, and getting in and out of a regular tub was a nightmare. The step-in is so low. But it’s easy in the tub from Independent Home. I don’t get nervous trying to get in or out, making sure there’s something I can hang on to if I need to. It’s a lot of peace of mind. I don’t worry when I go take a hot soak because of my arthritis and fibromyalgia. So being able to sit down without having to struggle to get up is also a blessing. Both of my knees are shut. I have half of a patella so kneeling down is painful, and I’d have to kneel down to get up in a regular tub. In this one from Independent Home, I just stand up. The tub is easy to clean as well. I love it and it’s such a joy to have one.

The installation went extremely well. The installers had to take a doorframe out because the opening was just a smidge and it was too narrow to get the tub in. But they put it back up and you couldn’t tell it was ever taken down. Everything was clean. The guys were also polite and nice. When they needed to, they asked me a question and I’d tell them what I wanted. It was incredible. The guys were just awesome.

5.00/5

Original review: April 11, 2019

Install walking shower and vanity counters - Installers were on time both days, very professional, left things neat and well organized when they left the first day. They left the area clean upon completion of the job. The father/son team were very cordial and well mannered. The product is gorgeous. Is much better than I anticipated.

5.00/5

Original review: April 10, 2019

The Installers was great not to mention the fantastic job they did on the installation. My wife and I love the finished product. Ozzi and his crew were top notch. The tub is fabulous. We enjoy every minute of our session in the tub. I am a big man and that tub is Great, I am able to take a bath which I was unable to do because I was too tall. But now I can do both bathe and shower and enjoy a Hydrotherapy Spa any time of the day or night. Thank you Independent Home for such a great product and improving the way life for my wife and I. We would highly recommend this product to everyone.

5.00/5

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am the owner of a newly installed "walk in tub". The installers were so friendly and courteous, they made me feel like I was family. Mr ** and Jeffery arrived at the agreed time and worked diligently, always keeping me informed and soliciting any questions from me. They provided operational details and offered after install questions/service. The inside and outside were left clean. I am pleased with the install. This was a pleasant experience. Thanks for the acquaintance.

5.00/5

Original review: April 4, 2019

The installers were on time and were very professional and courteous. They took extra care to take care of my property and to clean up at the end of the day. The spa looks awesome cannot wait to use it. Would recommend to anyone.

5.00/5

Original review: April 3, 2019

Shasta and Sandra were very friendly and knowledgeable about the product. They explained all they were doing as they went along, there was a lot to do here. They kept the work area clean before and after. They answered all my questions. You could tell they knew what they were doing, and when they were finished they showed me how everything worked. My hope is this will address some of my issues. I have used it twice and I can feel some benefit already, YEA.

5.00/5

Original review: March 30, 2019

Our experience with David and Harold was so much less stressful than we had imagined for the complete removal of our original tub/shower and installation of the new one. We love our new walk-in tub so much we wish we’d have called sooner!

5.00/5

Original review: March 29, 2019

Dean and Alex did an outstanding job putting in my spa tub. They worked diligently with care and conscientiousness to make sure everything was as it should be. I would highly recommend them without hesitation, they went above and beyond. Job well done!

5.00/5

Original review: March 27, 2019

Installers where scheduled to arrive at 8:00am, John called me promptly to let me know that they were running behind, due to all the construction going on in my area (even I have a hard time getting places on time because of backed up traffic!). Both of the gentleman were very polite and professional. They were both very knowledgeable and did quick work of removing the old setup and installing the new. My bathroom was ready to go when they left. I have not tried my new spa tub yet but am sure looking forward to it. They were very neat and tidy with their work. Even passed a mop! Thanks gentlemen, great job!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Very good job. Money well spent. Happy wife is a Happy life. Lifetime warranty. Paid off in 18 months. The two men show up on time and work well together and cleaned up the bathroom. They took time and showed me how the walk in tub works.

Original review: March 26, 2019

The installers were very clean and professional. They let me know what was going on every step of the way. They took care of my property and made sure everything was ok before we signed papers. Would recommend to anyone else. Matthew.

5.00/5

Original review: March 25, 2019

Our tub is new. We had a great installation team. They came on time and were very neat. They were experts on how to do the job. Our bath area is now far more useful than before. I recommend this company and their tubs. I was given an accurate explanation of the tub and the installation. Thank you.

5.00/5

Original review: March 21, 2019

The installation was completed over a two day period. John and his son were very professional and informative along the way. Left everything neat and tidy as they said they would. I have not had the opportunity to use the spa as yet but look forward to it.

5.00/5

Original review: March 18, 2019

My tub was tall and I was going to have to replace the stuff around it anyway so something new needed to be done. I talked to Independent Home earlier and they came to me. Their customer service reps were all very nice as well as the guy who installed the walk-in bathtub. I couldn’t ask for a more polite guy. The installation took three days altogether. The situation was a little bit different because he had to get some parts, then he had some problems and I wasn’t gonna be able to be home, so we couldn't finish it until the next week. But it was fine. I liked the grab bar, but if I was redoing it, I would put them a little bit differently. Also, if you don’t have a bath mat down and once the soap gets on there, it gets slick so it’s dangerous. Still, I would recommend Independent Home. It is very feasible for anybody who doesn’t want a tub with it.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Spa install - The men were very kind and did the job in a very timely fashion. My husband was unfortunately not able to be here as he was in the hospital, but I think it will be a big help and surprise when he gets to come home. It is really beautiful. I am excited to try it out soon.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was looking for a walk-in tub. I wanted one due to medical reasons. I looked at different models and I liked a unit from Independent Homes. It has what I consider a good lifetime warranty. I also liked the position of its handles, how its door worked, the number of its jets and the air in the outputs, and that it fits. I bought the tub and the purchasing process was easy. They provided me with everything that I requested for prior to signing the contract, which included a certificate of insurance. That was a little difficult as it had to come from their corporate office.

I noted in the contract that if that was not satisfactory, the contract was not to be held up. When I got the certificate, I was satisfied with it. The transaction I had with Independent Home was better than anyone else that I have talked to and I was happy with it. I was also happy with the installation of the tub and I was impressed with the team that came. There was one team that worked on the demolition in my bathroom and another one did the installation. The whole job took three days. I'm happy with the tub and it has definitely been a help to me.

3.00/5

Original review: March 14, 2019

I am very happy with my walk-in tub from Independent Home. I was about to have hip replacement surgery, and I thought that the walk-in tub would be beneficial for me. It would be easier to get in and out of the tub than having to step over a jacuzzi and get in. The walk-in tub that I got didn’t have a big shower, but I can shampoo my hair while I’m sitting there. It’s convenient for me because it fits in where the jacuzzi was. You sit down, you turn the water on and before you know it, you’re ready to bathe. It also dispenses out quickly.

I love the tub. It doesn’t leak and I had plenty of room at the end to build a little cabinet where I can put towels. The only downside was when the tub was completely installed, there seemed to be a lot of cool air. We tried to put a lot of insulation underneath and that helped. Also, the customer service hasn't called to ask me if I liked it. That would've been nice. There were a few things that I thought they could’ve done differently. And fortunately, I had a person that finished it off. If I was talking to somebody and they were looking at my tub, I would tell them all the good things about it. But I would also tell them to be very careful when they’re talking with them to be sure that they’re completely satisfied when they leave because they won’t hear from them again.

Original review: March 14, 2019

John is very talented, thorough, thoughtful and kind. He is professional, trustworthy and a joy to have working in my home. Very few workers leave the work area as clean as John has left my home and garage. His personality and sense of humor was most pleasant. And I really like the spa too!

5.00/5

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had my son-in-law research different companies and he gave me three choices. I called Independent Home and two others. Their representatives came out and I chose Independent Home. They were better all over and their customer service was excellent. All of the people were courteous and very good to deal with. The techs that installed the tub did an excellent job and they did it in a day. I love my walk-in tub.

5.00/5

Original review: March 8, 2019

We were having problems with our old bathtub and we knew there was water damage down there, so Independent Home came. They fixed the water damage and installed the walk-in bathtub, which was for my daughter. However, she was having trouble with her legs, so she decided on the shower rather than the tub. The reps were extremely good when I made the purchase and although I thought Independent Home was a little expensive, the service was excellent. It didn’t take long to install my daughter’s tub. It took two days which was very quick. I was gonna get an estimate for my other bathroom and I would like to know the price for that.

5.00/5

Original review: March 6, 2019

The rep at Independent Home responded to my questions and what I found was sufficient. The installers who came were nice. It took them about two-thirds of the day to complete the job. So far, it's nice to not have to climb over anything about three inches. I have some kind of leg disability and I don't get around well. It's also nice to have a built-in seat to sit down. I used to have a stool to sit down and there's always a danger of falling over. My experience with Independent Home has been good.

5.00/5

Original review: March 3, 2019

I bought a walk-in tub from Independent Home as the quality of the work and the whole set up looked so much better than the other ones, which looked like they weren't even finished. The lady who came out was very thorough and she explained everything as best as she could. Also, the guy I talked to on the phone before they brought the unit in wanted to know if my husband was going to be using it and I said, “Yes, but it would be like in a stand-up position. He wouldn’t use the jets.”

The whole installation took a day and a half. The first time the installation team came out, they didn't get it all done and so they came back out the next day. The guys were especially nice. They were very polite, thorough with their work, and really did a good job. They had to take a part of the door frame off in order to get the tub through the doorway. They also put it all back.

I really enjoy the walk-in tub and I'm very happy with the whole thing. The unit that I got have air and water jets and I use both of them. It also has a handheld shower and another one that attaches to the wall for you to have it hands-free. One drawback I can see about the tub is having to sit in it while it’s filling up for five minutes. I get a little chilly, but I’ve learned to put a towel over my shoulders, and it works out fine. I also turn the heater on. I have neuropathy and the tub helps with it a lot. My legs and body feel so good after I use it. It makes it so much nicer and I sleep better. I would highly recommend the tub.

5.00/5

Our overall experience with Independent Home was very positive. They were prompt on arrival. The three men seemed very knowledgeable and efficient at their job. The men seemed to work well together and explained the product in detail. All of our questions were answered. My husband and I would highly recommend Independent Home. We would also give praise to Francis ** who was the rep that was sent to explain the product. He was very thorough in his explanation and presentation of the walk in tub/shower.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Excellent installation. Dean and Alex were very courteous, knowledgeable, and always willing to explain any questions we might have had. They are excellent employees of your firm. I would highly recommend them to any of our friends and family. They went above and beyond.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We are so proud of our new walk in shower. Scott and Jeffrey our installers were wonderful. They did everything they said they would do and more. They were on time every day, had great personalities, were accommodating, professional and now our friends.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The installers were very professional and courteous to me and my daughter. Took very good care of my house and possessions and also kept work area clean. They arrived on time and finished in an appropriate time. The product looks very good. Cannot wait to use it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I have arthritis and bad knees and my joints are getting old. I saw the Independent Home walk-in tub on TV and I said, “I bet it would help me.” The tub was everything I thought it would be because of the advertisement and it was fine. The price was right and I was able to get financed right away. The guys who installed the tub were beautiful and they finished the whole thing in an afternoon. I had no headaches. They came in and fixed everything. They had to move my sink and they moved it. They didn’t wanna charge me anything, but they helped me and I am very satisfied with the product. The tub looks very nice. It is really good to relax. I don’t have to go to a public place. I can go home and go downstairs and enjoy the tub. I’ve tried to talk to some of my relatives and I told them, “Just come over and sit on the tub and let the bubbles get a hold of you, and you go enjoy.”

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The installation crew was very polite and professional. They maintained a clean and tidy work area at all times and the final cleanup was very nice also. Very professional and polite, would recommend them to anyone. Thanks!

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Jay, our installer, was the best. His knowledge of the tub and how it worked was outstanding. The Independent Home walk in tub works far better than expected. Would recommend you buy from Independent Home for your walk in tub. Thank you.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The installers were very professional and courteous. They did a very good job to take care of my property and possessions. They arrived on time and finished in a timely manner. The product really looks great. I am very satisfied with product and installation.