Customer Reviews

4.77/5
based on 267 ratings
Read more reviews
4.00/5

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

A man came out here and we sat at the table for about 30 minutes. He was very pleasant and cordial. We chatted and then he showed me the Independent Home product. I was interested in getting one because my wife is very ill and has difficulty getting in and out of the tub. So, I made the decision to purchase one. Two men came for the installation and they were very good and nice. However, the installation took a little longer than expected. I was told it would take about a day but they had some problems. The door entrance into this particular bathroom was a lot smaller than they anticipated and they had to remove the door frame. They said that they would take down the frame, redo it and put it back. They finally finished it and were good at solving problems about what to do. We haven't had any problems.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I dealt with a good sales rep from Independent Home. She did a good job. However, the installers did not clean up the floor, the doors and the countertops. I had dust all over when they took the tub out. Nevertheless, they were very friendly and professional. Everything has been fine since we got the walk-in tub.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The two men who installed our shower were very experienced, professional and pleasant. They answered our questions to our satisfaction. They informed us of what they were doing with every step. We are very happy with the look of the shower and would recommend to family and friends.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I got a bad back and it bothers me. I had a spa at one time years ago and I really enjoyed that, so I decided to buy a tub for the therapeutic part of it. I had been looking at Lowe’s and Home Depot but Independent Home called me one day and we set up a meeting and they were just professional. I ordered an oversized tub for my height and they did a good job on the installation which took almost three days to finish. They took out our existing shower and they did the plumbing into the house. They also took out our old water heater and installed a new one and did all the piping. They then had to cut a hole in our wall to get the tub in but they did a nice job. I really like the tub and I'm enjoying it. I have body aches and I feel a lot better when I get out after using the tub's air and water jets.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I got an Independent Home one-person tub with a shower. I liked that Independent Home is made in Phoenix and all the guys that work there are from Phoenix, Arizona. The Independent Home salesman was very nice. I had talked to two other people that had Jacuzzis but I really liked him. He was down to earth and he didn't put out a big show. The installers were very nice too and they did it so fast. They came at 8 o'clock and by 2, they were all done and it looked beautiful. I am very satisfied with my tub and I would recommend Independent Home to anybody.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The installation of our Independent Home product went very quickly. We had a wonderful installer who was the nicest guy we'd ever wanna meet. He worked over time clear in to the evening when he really didn’t have to. However, he was so wanting to get such a good job done and he had quite a large install to do. He had to put in new doors and a lot of extra materials. He did an excellent job and we were very, very pleased with him. Thus far, everything has been fine.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Dean and Alex were very very nice and courteous. They did their job in a professional manner and enjoyed our visit with them. We would recommend Dean and Alex’s work to anyone. We love our tub and the healing properties we hope to receive using it.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My wife picked out a walk-in tub from Independent Home and we ended up purchasing that. It has the shower, the bubbles, and a place you can put some stuff in to make you smell good. Purchasing from them was easy and all I got to have was the money. Also, the reps who assisted me did a really good job and they didn’t have to ask a bunch of questions. They just did what they had to do, got it done right, and got out of here. The installers were good as well. They took the old tub out, put the new one in, got everything hooked up, and put a new floor in for us. The quality of their work is good but the very bottom where the drain is is a little slick and I'm wondering if there is anything we can get ti put in the bottom. Other than that, Independent Home did me a wonderful job.

5.00/5

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I received a phone call from Independent Home and an offer to come by and assess the work. The rep was very pleasant. We had some shower work done and a walk-in tub placed, and their installation team did a good job. However, there was a little delay in getting the shower work done due to the logistics of ordering some of the materials. That worked out fine though and it was all good. Overall, my experience with Independent Home was very good and I would give them favorable recommendations.

4.00/5

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We could not have chosen a more qualified contracting group to install the spa within our home. I found these gentleman to be very warm friendly and polite. They worked steady the entire time and our home. I will gladly recommend your company to friends and family. We are very please with the ending results. Mr. James ** and those who assisted him did an excellent job. We are more than pleased with their work. Mr. ** took time to explain the operation of the spa. Thank you for a job well done eating and Jones family.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The rep of Independent Home came out and gave us the estimate. I liked what we were shown so we went ahead and got the shower. The installation was great. The people that came were really good and finished up on the third day. I love the walk-in shower and I'm very satisfied with it. Everything worked out really good for us. They’ve turned out great. However, when they got through, they got stuck and messed up the yard a bit when they were getting out. But that wasn’t their fault. It was raining really hard and the ground was so soft. They ended up having to have a tow truck come to get them out. So, it messed up the yard. They offered to come back and we told them, “No.” My daughter went out the next day and tried to smooth some of it out a bit, so hopefully, it’ll get back normal. My son-in-law said when the weather got a little bit better he’d go out there and work on it.

I really liked the people that came out and did the work. They were very, very nice and very considerate. They showed us how to use the walk-in shower and everything worked out great. They cleaned up everything too. They took away everything like they were supposed to. I’ve recommended Independent Home to a couple and their rep went out to see them. The other one really liked it but he couldn’t afford it right now. The other one was really interested in it but she found out that the house where she’s living was built at a dump thing and she’s concerned she might sell and move. Everybody that we showed it to really liked how it looked and were really pleased.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband and I both have arthritis in the knees. We wanted to get a walk-in tub for health benefits. Our doctor even wrote a prescription so that we could get it and use it off on our taxes too. We got a couple of ads in the mail. The one from Independent Home looked to be really of quality, more so than the other one. I was very impressed all the way around with Independent Home. The guys that came to do the paperwork were very conscientious and they answered all the questions we had. The people who came to install the walk-in tub were tremendously great. They did a lot of the work outside then brought it all in to the bathroom and put it in.

Our walk-in tub works incredibly well and it has been wonderful. There’s a shower attachment that you can take off and use in our tub. The only thing is that we run out of hot water while the walk-in tub is filling up. We have to fill a few pans on the stove and add the extra hot water as the tub is filling even though we have a fast recovery hot water heater. But that's easy to do. Also, we were able to do the downpayment and finance the rest of it. We’ll have the walk-in tub paid off in a couple of months.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Independent Home did not oversell the product and they were good to work with. It was a good service. Of all the major brands out there, I also thought that Independent Home had a good product. With some of the devices out there, you’re paying for the name and it’s just very expensive investment. Independent Home also had a good approach to their warranty. They said they had a lifetime warranty. There was just a lot of things about it that made me feel comfortable about working with them.

We had a sales rep come to the house and after he saw the house, he explained to us what the cost would be, what the installation issues would be, and what some of our needs would be. We weren’t 100% dead set at that point but he came back and made another offer to us if he could help us. My wife had suffered a stroke and he indicated that if we had a prescription, they could forego some of the sales tax. We went with a larger tub which holds more water but I’m fairly good-sized so we figured that we would go with that. Three members came in to do the installation and they worked well together. Those guys worked hard and did a pretty good job.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

There were two installation guys, and they were very nice and courteous. They had to do it in two partial days. The first day, they came in the afternoon and left just before dark. They packed up and cleaned up everything. Then they came back the next day at 10:00 in the morning, and they were through by 2:00. I would have liked to have had it done in one day, but they were working on someone else's in Wichita, in another town 20 miles from here. They did a great job overall and it was a good experience. We like the tub and I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

This new tub is for my Mom. Since her stroke she has longed to take a bath again. Thank you Independent Home for making her dream a reality. The installation went smooth and they went above and beyond to make sure the home looked better than when they arrived. They arrived on time and communicated with me often since I was not present for most of the installation. I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits my Mom receives from hydrotherapy.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I fell and broke my hip and so I couldn't get in my tub. My shower was over my tub so my sun said that maybe we could get a walk in shower. Thereafter, someone called and mentioned Independent Home and said that they were having interviews in our area. So, I made an appointment. I didn't think I could afford it, but then I wangled around and got it to where I could make the payments. Their reps and installation team did a wonderful job. Getting Independent Home's walk-in shower was the best thing that ever happened to me. I really enjoy taking a shower and with it, I can just go in and have my bath over with in a matter of minutes. I have a grandson and his family that live in Jacksonville, and they were home for Christmas, and they really liked it.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I decided I wanted something different and I had gotten to the point where I got a couple of pennies. I said I was gonna spend it and purchased a bathtub from Independent Home. The installers did just fine and they were nice guys. They were from Iowa and they had to go so far. Also, I'm glad their rep called me the other day to see how I really like the bathtub and I really do. Every morning, I would get up and I pat it, “I'll be with you tonight.” I get in it and I get to the point I don’t wanna come out. I love it. I show it to my friends and my neighbors.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ari, was great. To be honest, I was very nervous ordering this tub online. BUT, it was everything I expected and hoped for. We couldn't be happier with this tub. We are enjoying it sooo much. Thanks Ari. There were no problems at all, it came just when they said it would. Great experience all the way around.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I liked the price of Independent Home as well as the fact that they could build a tub that would fit the space that was there so they wouldn't have to completely redo my bathroom. I got a soaker tub walk-in from them and working with their dealer was easy. He made an appointment with me, was on time and he explained everything very well. Thereafter, their installers did a very good job and cleaned up after themselves. We have tile in our bathroom and they didn't break anything. Instead, they fit the tub within our tile. Since then, I've been really enjoying the bath tub. Overall, Independent Home did a good job with our house and for others, they might be the company to go with.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My wife more or less was getting caught in the old tub and couldn’t get out. So I figured a walk-in bathtub would be something that she could use. She wouldn't have to worry about getting stuck in it. I'm satisfied and happy with Independent Home. They did a good job and it didn’t take them too long. The rep explained everything to me. And then we got it down to a financial deal where I could deal with.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had a very good experience dealing with Independent Home's rep. He didn’t try to shove anything down our throats. He gave us the information we needed to make a good decision and didn’t harass us. We were impressed by their determination to get our tub just the way we wanted it and how they put it in a difficult spot without problems. However, one unforeseen thing was that the diameter of the water pipes going to it turned out to be less than standard. Therefore, the pressure is a little less than we would like. Still, that's a problem with whoever designed and built the house and not Independent's. Their guys left everything spotless.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My wife has an arthritic condition and we thought that having a walk-in tub might help and it does help. I called Independent Home and they sent a nice and knowledgeable guy down here, and I was convinced to go with them. Installation was wonderful. Interacting with the installation guys was a pleasant experience. We’re happy with our tub.

5.00/5

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We first got a smaller walk-in tub from Independent Home and then after using it, I felt that it's too small. It had to be built according to what our size was. We got another tub for another bathroom and the installation team was great and very efficient. They did a good job and cleaned up everything. We were satisfied. I would recommend Independent Home and we've already told friends about them.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I’m old. In my lifetime, I have had a broken back and I also have had a broken knee. I couldn’t manage a regular tub. Although I could get into a tub, I couldn't bend one leg right and it was hard to get out. A walk-in tub, where I can manage to sit very nicely, was the perfect answer. But I wasn’t sure until I tried one. I got a phone call from Independent Home. They wanted to send somebody to talk to me about the walk-in tub. A very nice person came and spoke to me about it and I decided to try it. I appreciated the woman who called and said to give them a chance to talk to me. She was a smarty-pants. It was amazing that they showed that initiative.

I purchased a very small one because my bathroom was very small. They managed very nicely to fit it in there. The installation went fine and they did a wonderful job. The walk-in tub is very nice. It’s nice to have a bath where you’re soaking your feet, legs, and extremities. It helps the circulation on your lower extremities, which is nice.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had a wonderful experience with Independent Home. My husband could not get in the bathtub, so we got a walk-in shower and went with Independent Home. They have a high-quality product. We had a father and son crew for the installation and they were wonderful. They worked with us, too. My husband had a doctor’s appointment, so the crew delayed until we got back from the doctor. They came in and worked later that night. And then, they came back the next day and finished up. My husband was very happy with the shower. I would recommend Independent Home to anybody.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I like everything about Independent Home, the look of the tub, and the promises that they made. Everybody that I talked to was professional, helpful and reassuring, and I was very happy all the way around. The installation was unbelievable. They had a lot of construction to do and had to tear out a wall. I didn’t have anything to do except to just sit. And it just took them a matter of a few hours, and they were gone, and it was perfect.

I love the product. I have several conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, and rheumatologist suggested that I do this. The tub has been a big help to my health. I recommend this company and the product. It’s beautiful. Everybody that sees it is thrilled for me. One thing that I did that’s a big help is I got two 50-gallon water heaters, so I have plenty of hot water for everything. I was going to get a tank-less water heater, but I don’t have gas here where I live. I also have a garden tub, which is a big Jacuzzi that will hold two people, but I cannot get in and out of it. I’m 78, and that’s totally useless for me.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I like to take a bath, but it was getting difficult for me to get out of the bottom of it from a regular tub. I purchased a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and although it was expensive, it was less than some of the other offers. The dealer was wonderful. He listened to what it was that I wanted and then he made suggestions about what would be available for me. He was really good to work with. Also, the installation went terrific. The two guys came in and I have a small house and they really had to work hard to get that into the right part when they did it. I couldn’t believe they got it in there. They left everything nice and clean and everything.

4.00/5

I'm 89 years old and my health is not good so I was looking into getting a walk-in bathtub. I came to an agreement with Independent Home. I wanted it and they said that they weren't the cheapest, but they weren't the most expensive either. The installation team were excellent to me. They did a good job for our bathroom. However, I haven't been in the basement to see what they did there. And my daughter said they left kind of a mess in the basement of the pipes that they cut.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Our home healthcare people said that our shower had to go. We had remodeled our shower bath about five years ago but we made a mistake of buying a shower that came in a box that had partitions in it. Then the young man who had put it together was not a carpenter and he had not not put it together correctly. The thing was leaking and when I noticed that, I talked to my husband about it and told him that the expense is gonna be much more if we didn't do something about it. On top of that, I have heart trouble and I'm 84. My husband would soon be 86. And there was no seat in the floor of the shower.

I started looking and when I we met with the Independent Home salesman, he was very nice. So we decided that we would buy from Independent Home and we're very happy with it. We got the next one up a little bit bigger to the average one-person tub and we are very impressed with the spa, very much so. The two men who came to put it in were also very nice and patient. They tried to keep the dust down in my bedroom because I'm allergic to almost everything. And they were very good together. They listened when we talked.

The carpenter Scott is from Charlotte and his sons were the workers. They did a very good job and we were impressed with them. They were here for about a week and the workmanship is very good. Plus when they hammered on the wall and knocked a pictured down, they replaced it. And when they hit my dressing table that had a glass on it, they were so kind to go to the glass shop and they replaced that when they were finished. They also took pictures of my bathroom and it was rather impressive.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The tub itself as well as the flawless installation I can best describe in two words, SIMPLY GORGEOUS! Arie, the highly ethical owner is an absolute gem who not only surpassed our expectations but did so with unusual kindness and on top of all this we even paid considerably less than we expected. No need to look any further. Thank you Arie and Independent Home for coming to the rescue!