Customer Reviews

4.73/5
based on 181 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

We’ve been talking about getting a walk-in bath tub for a couple of years. Then we saw Independent Home in the magazine and it sounded good, so we called them and they called us back. We ended up getting the top of the model. We’re getting older and it’s easier to get in and out of. We don’t have to stand up in the shower to slip and fall. It’s also easy to work with and it fills up and empties fast. Plus, the air jets make it so much more soothing inside the tub. When it was installed, the reps who came out were fantastic. They introduced themselves and explained to us what they were going to do. Then they put down covers so they wouldn’t mess up our carpet in order to get to the bathroom it was going into. They went over with my husband exactly where they were going to set it, how they were going to build the wall, and asked if that was okay with him. We couldn’t ask for better workers. We’d recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I got a tub from Independent Home which has a handheld shower that can be put up for a regular shower. The water jets are small but rather powerful when we use it. It's about a 6-inch step to get in the shower and for me, since I am somewhat handicapped, it's easier to get in than out. But other than that, I like the tub very well and I like the features which I can use in various different ways.

The interaction I had with the rep was very pleasant and he was convincing that the tub was the kind to buy. He seemed to know what he was talking about and since we got it, we believe him still. The installation team was also very pleasant and seemed to be an expert in their knowledge of what to do. It only took four to five hours for them to complete the installation which included removing and replacing the old tub, shower and commode. They also had to take the door in the bathroom off and reverse it so it'd open a different way. All in all, it was an excellent job when it got finished.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The installers (Dean & Alex) were very polite and very efficient with the work of installing the new tub/shower. The manner in which the job was done was excellent. I would recommend them to anyone that needs a walk-in spa.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I got a call about walk-in bathtubs but I was thinking about it already. The guy from Independent Home was very thorough and I was impressed with his presentation. They sent two ladies out for the installation who were so professional and sweet. I was so pleased with them. I’ll be 86 in November and I had to make do with a shower for years so I’m enjoying the walk-in tub every day.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My wife has to go to a masseuse and a chiropractor and I thought about buying an Independent Home tub with hydrotherapy, so it would help her. The dealer was nice and during installation the guy was here when he was scheduled for. I just stayed out of his way and he got it done in 2 days. They did a good job and they cleaned up after themselves. The shower is what I used mostly and it was a little small. I don’t have much space on it but it did work here.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought an Independent Home tub and I had a really good experience with the dealer I bought it from. Its installation went really well. I got a few scratches in the house because the crew had to move the big tub around, but that was expected. They were in a hurry to get back to Missouri, though, so they weren't able to patch that up. I've got the air and the bubbles from the jets in my tub. My daughter-in-law says I should charge the people who take a bath in there.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and my spine is deteriorating. I've seen Independent Home in the healthcare accessories store and it has hydrotherapy. The installer was friendly. He had my other tub out and the new tub and floor put in very quickly. He cleaned up every night and took all the stuff away, and I had nothing to do. He went out of his way to get things done and make us happy. I couldn't think of anybody that would have done it any better or any nicer. We were just very pleased with the whole thing. I love my tub and get in it every night.

4.00/5

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

When I got a call from an Independent Home salesman, I told him to come and talk to me because I was interested and I had been looking at different products. He came and I liked him very much. He was very nice and not pushy. He gave me the information I requested. I told him at that time that I might not be doing it for a while and he told me that it was perfectly all right. He then asked that I keep the information and when I'm ready, to just give them a call and they'll come and talk to me. Eventually, we decided to go ahead with it. The men who came to install the smaller model bathtub were excellent. They were very polite, they tried not to disturb us and they cleaned up after themselves. They came, did everything they had to do and were out in a day. They even kept in touch with me. So far, the bathtub is fine and I like it very much. Everything looks great.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I love the tub! I like the spa the best because we've got six acres and after working outside, I take a shower upstairs, get things organized in the house then I'm like, "Okay, it's spa time. Don't disturb me.” I have my music and drinks. Aside from that, the gentleman who had come from Independent Home was also wonderful. He just sold us. I had seen the walk-in tub ads on TV but I like something more personable and it was like we had known the gentleman all our lives. He was very down to earth and straight to the point. He was also wonderful about answering any questions and what our concerns were. The installers were wonderful too. Those were good old country boys and that's what I like. They showed us how it worked and they were excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Jay was very courteous, explained everything, very good work ethic. Communication was excellent. Very pleased from start to finish. You should keep this guy! He is great! We love our new walk in shower. Will recommend to our friends.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The installers were very professional. We were kept informed as to what was happening and what the next steps in the process would be. Now that it is completed the shower looks great. We need to wait a couple days to use but we are looking forward to enjoying it for many years.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

When I spoke to Independent Home's charming salesman, everything went well. We tested their walk-in tub models and we took it. Their installation team was wonderful. They were able to take the old tub out and reinstall another in one day. It was amazing. So far, our experience with the walk-in tub has been very good, but I don't like to sit there that long during hot times. Still, I'm happy I have it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

Jason and Josh were very pleasant. They came on time and worked hard and very fast. They cleaned up very well the whole time they were here. The spa looks great and will be a wonderful and safe addition to our home. We can't wait to use it.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We were cruising the internet and my husband picked out four tubs to look into and the Independent Home walk-in bathtub was one of them. The gentleman who came out, Murray, was very pleasant. He answered all the questions, and I had several in-between. The price was also much more reasonable than a couple of the others. We ended up going with the middle of the line model. It’s wide and it’s a 32. It’s the widest they had and it fits just right. I wanted the door on the outside and the most necessary thing I needed was I wanted to have it wide enough so I wasn’t wedged in there like a sardine. I’m wide and I wanna make sure I had enough width to fit comfortably on the seat. It was fit into the space that we had perfectly. The installation team was fast. Though they had to cut our bathtub out with a very noisy tool, we didn’t even know they were there. They did it all in one day and cleaned as they went.

Additionally, Independent Home was gonna work with us on the pay because we were getting money back from the house and we were waiting for that to come in before we committed to paying for the tub. Originally, they had said that we can do it or wait until the money comes in, and we’ll just schedule then. The rep said we could do the credit card and we would take our money and pay it off. However, we got the credit card and paid for the tub on the credit card. Now, we are paying off the credit card. Still, the experience we had with Independent Home was friendly and efficient.

5.00/5

Original review: July 25, 2018

Jason and Josh were very respectful, clean and organized. They are very hard workers. We love our new shower. It looks terrific and we can't wait to use it. They cleaned up everything very well so we didn't have to.

5.00/5

Original review: July 24, 2018

I’ve looked at a bunch of walk-in bathtubs that’s on television locally and I have some issues with not doing local labor. Then a lady who is one of Independent Home's exterior staff people called and talked to us about thinking about walk-in bathtubs. She was consistent and willing to adjust to my timetable. It would be different if I made $200,000 a year and there was never enough money to worry about. But the issue was I needed to talk to her a couple of times, and she was persistent in a nice way. She also made sure that she calls back when she said she would.

I like the idea of doing the bathtub installation in one day instead of dirt and tearing the place apart. Their installers said they'll come, and they came at 10:00 o’clock in the morning. The two fellows that came worked very well together. They worked with us if we had some questions. They had to do some adjusting and some modifications that I suppose were just normal for them. They also took with them our large old corner tub out and I did not have to dispose of it. They didn't bang up all the rest of the walls and the furniture, too. They took out the shower that was there and took it with them as well. They left that shower stall in such condition that my carpenter could come in and build a cabinet for towels, so that was good.

They were still here at 7:00 pm, but it was all done and done perfectly and I have no callbacks of any kind, except to tell them that I like using it. The bathtub is a little different than what I had been used to. But I know, going forward, if I need a tub like it, either for getting in and out of it instead of crawling over the side of the tub, that part is taken care of when I’m in a wheelchair someday. The Independent Home walk-in bathtub is really easy to use and there are no leaks.

5.00/5

Original review: July 16, 2018

The tub installation was exceptionally thought out and executed. The surrounding woodwork enclosure was very well done and because of the change in floor size Jay expertly installed flooring. We are extremely pleased with the result and would recommend it to anyone. Jay was very easy to work with, agreeable and knowledgeable and consulted with us every step of the way. Well done!

5.00/5

Original review: July 13, 2018

The people who installed my Independent Home walk-in tub took a small space and found more space, so they can put the tub in there. They eliminated an awful lot of my storage areas, but that was a small sacrifice for having the tub. The tub is different and has built-in water jets, which are nice. But, the biggest thing for me about this tub is that I can sit down. What I do when I get in is I shower as the tub fills, and then once the tub fills, I turn those jets and sit there for a few minutes. It feels good when I'm in there, but it tires me out. And as I'm readying for bed, I pull the plug and it empties quickly which is good. I never have to freeze to death waiting for the water to go away. I would recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Original review: July 12, 2018

Installer was very friendly and helpful. I felt confident in the work he was doing. He explained everything as he went along which helped me understand. And also when he was finished showing how it worked. I have no negative thoughts about his work or his manner. I love the end product.

5.00/5

Original review: July 7, 2018

I was 100% satisfied with Independent Home. We liked the way the tub looked. Our purchasing process with them went well. The sales rep came out and we were informed of what would take place and it basically took place that way. We then negotiated the paperwork when the two men came to install it. Everything went smoothly and they did a good job. Overall, I would recommend Independent Home to anyone.

5.00/5

Original review: July 6, 2018

I really like the walk-in tub I have from Independent Home. My knees have stopped bothering me so much which was driving me crazy for a lot of years. During the installation, the installer was friendly and helpful. He is also going to change a few things if I ask for it.

5.00/5

Original review: July 5, 2018

Gerald ** and his crew were great. They were efficient, friendly and knew their job. They did a fantastic job with the install. The tub and bathroom looks wonderful and they left it as clean as before they came. I highly recommend him.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Great experience, Dean and Angela were wonderful to work with, thank you very much! Everyone was very friendly, courteous, and professional. Would highly recommend them to anyone. Can't wait to try out the new spa. Dean worked through some hard places to get my spa installed and running great!

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband had a medical procedure that required a walk-in shower. Our old shower had an 8-inch step-up into the shower and that wasn't gonna work. When I went online and investigated, somehow my name came up on Independent Home's list and they called me. We made an appointment with the salesperson to come and talk with us and make a pitch, we got the information from them and it was something that could be done rather quickly. My husband was tired of having to try to get from a wheelchair onto a shower chair into a tub, and I was tired of trying to step up into the shower because I have a bad knee. They met our needs and did it in a timely fashion and at a reasonable cost.

The installers from Independent Home were great. We had them install a shower and they were professional. They cleaned up after themselves, answered all of our questions and showed us how to use the devices. The shower's easy to get into and out of, it's safe and has lots of grab bars on it to facilitate my husband getting in. It has a shower chair that was installed at the same time. Everything works fine and we love it.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Our new shower and counter top is gorgeous. From the very beginning our experience with Independent Home, Inc has been simple, complete and flawless. From Danyell coming to our home to present their product, to ordering and scheduling our installation, down to the actual install, everything could not have gone smoother. Our installer, John, was an impeccably hard worker. His professionalism, diligence and communication throughout his work in our home was none other than awesome!! I wish we knew about Independent Home, Inc. a few years ago. Giving my disabled husband a shower will be easier and safer for both of us. Thank you so much!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Install of new spa - Jason and Josh were fantastic. They were very efficient in there work. Cleaned up great after the work was done and while they were working everything stayed clean. I didn't have to worry about them at all. I felt safe in the house with them. I had a nail appointment and left them there to work while I was gone.

5.00/5

Original review: June 28, 2018

I was amazed that they were on time every day. They took time to explain everything they were doing. They allowed us to keep certain parts we asked for. They were very courteous and understanding. They worked hard each day. They didn't bother any of our personal items.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The installation crew did a great job. They worked efficiently and always treated me with respect. They did a great job cleaning up after themselves. They gave me a clear explanation of the features of the shower. I am more than pleased with their work and my new shower.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I’d been thinking about a walk-in tub & after some reviews decided on Independent Homes. I could not be happier with my decision. I’m 73 with fibromyalgia, restless leg syndrome, lymphoma cancer history & back pain due to advanced degenerative facet arthrosis, (simply spine arthritis). I also have some vision problems which causes balance problems so safety is a major issue for me. I’ve had my spa tub about a month & look forward to using it every day. The installation was completed in one long day which amazed me. The guys were very professional, personable & took great care in protecting my wood floors. They had to move some furniture to create a work path & returned my furniture & cleaned up everything on completion of the job.

It was obvious they had done this many times & I am so very satisfied with the results. The tub has 8 water jets & 30 three speed air jets, chromatherapy & aromatherapy. All the controls are easily accessible & easy to operate. I love the quiet motor & the self cleaning system. The controlled water temperature allows me to be able to enjoy staying in the tub for an extended period of time without the water getting cold. The system turns itself off after 20 minutes as a safety feature, but can be easily restarted for another 20 minutes which I usually do since my best pain relief comes in about 30 minutes of use. Actually there is nothing about my spa tub that I don’t like & I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 26, 2018

If you’re looking for a smooth process with professional and reliable people who care about you and your home, this is the company that will take care of you! We had all of our questions answered and our installation team was a pleasure to have in our home!