Customer Reviews

4.76/5
based on 261 ratings
Read more reviews

Original review: June 12, 2019

We researched walk-in tubs and met with two vendors before meeting with Ari of Independent Home. At first our schedules did not agree and several days passed before we actually sat down with Ari to discuss the tub, but it was worth the telephone tag and wait. While Ari knows his product inside out, his is not your typical salesman. There is no hard sell, no bombardment of "unique" features we can't keep straight, no super special deal if we commit immediately, no special discounts if we use cash or check, just a reasonable price for the tub with the features we like. And, by the way, there are no "unique" features in this business that Independent Home cannot provide.

We felt comfortable with Ari, we trusted his word and manner and feel confident with our choice. We were provided with a detailed quote, not a schedule of prices depending on how fast we decided. We could decided then or later, same price. That's how it should be. Ari should offer classes in effective communication that inspires trust. Yes, that good.

The installation was every bit as good and professional as Ari's presentation. Really. Anthony was impeccable, professional, detailed, patient, able to explain the technical issues and worked with us every step of the way to ensure our satisfaction. There was minimal disruption of our house, tarps were laid down, floors swept up and the refuse was taken away. When Anthony left there was no sign that there had been any construction or demolition. That good. Our install was complicated because of our set-up, but Anthony never lost his awesome attitude, he likes what he does. His goal is to make sure every step of the project meets standards of excellence. It was easy to see that he had installed thousands of other tubs. There was no question that he could not answer no challenge for which he did not have more than one answer.

We suggest anyone interested in a tub to call Independent Home. We are so sure of your satisfaction, that we suggest you see some of the other companies first, just don't decide until you meet with Independent Home. By the way, we met with Jacuzzi and Safe Step. We give the tub the top rating. We love it. Thanks Independent Home. You are the best!

Stuart and Wanda

5.00/5

Original review: June 4, 2019

Independent Home provided experienced & knowledgeable People to install my tub. They cleaned up after each work day and when the job was done. The results was just like I wanted it to be. Everything about my experience was great!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Independent Home called us for an appointment. They went through all the details to help us make our decision and we got the tub with the door that opens inside. The purchasing process was okay as far as interviews went. We also had a good experience with the installation team. I like that they were able to get in here and then get out. They also cleaned up when they were finished.

Original review: June 14, 2019

The installers arrived on scheduled time. Installers were very professional and very clean and very nice. They took all care of my house and possessions. Job was done in a very professional manner. I am very satisfied with the work performed. Would recommend.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I would recommend Independent Home to anyone who was gonna get a walk-in tub. The price seemed reasonable and the way the rep explained it and told me about it, it seemed like it was a good, sturdy walk-in tub that's better than a lot of those on the market. I bought a walk-in therapeutic spa tub and it was easy. I made a downpayment and monthly payments. The installers were very good too. They put it in and cleaned up.

5.00/5

Original review: June 11, 2019

We got an Independent Home tub and liked it. We had also looked at several others, but we liked it best. Purchasing it was easy but it is very expensive. The father-and-son installation team was absolutely wonderful. They were everything they should’ve been and more. Danny is disabled and the tub has been a comfort to him.

5.00/5

Original review: June 10, 2019

I liked the price of Independent Home bathtub. Their dealer was very nice and the purchase was pretty easy. The installers did a very good job and they cleaned up after themselves. The first time I sat in the tub, it was like sitting in a dishwasher. But after I got past that, it was okay. I like our new tub. You step in, sit down, and turn it on. With our other tub, I broke my foot getting out of it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 9, 2019

My mom and dad needed a walk-in bathtub. We’ve heard about the walk-in tubs for a while and did research on the internet. A combination of the reviews online and the salesman made us use Independent Home. A couple of other bigger companies had issues, but Independent Home's salesman was very good. Our interactions with the installation team were good and it took them a day to do the install. And although we had an issue in the beginning, they resolved it within a week. They had to do something with the shower bar and the drain catch thing. We bought one of the smaller models. It has air jets, foot spas, and the shower. My parents like it and feel very good about it.

5.00/5

Original review: June 8, 2019

It’s very hard to get up and out of a regular tub, which made me get a walk-in tub. Although I knew what I wanted, all my options were explained well to me by Independent Home's rep, but he didn't tell me I’d have to get a new water heater. The installers were two nice gentlemen. They got here at 9:00 and they were out before 3:00. One, two, three, they had it done and they cleaned up after themselves. The new tub helps my back.

5.00/5

Original review: June 7, 2019

My mother can't get in and out of a regular tub and I'm not much better. We went with a walk-in tub from Independent Home, and their rep was a super guy. He was very congenial, nice, and informative. He had all the answers to all the questions we had. Plus, the installers were fine and cleaned up after themselves.

4.00/5

Original review: June 1, 2019

We are so pleased with our experience with Independent Home! Our workers arrived friendly and very knowledgeable about their product. Installation was efficient as well keeping down dust and cleaning after installation. We are very happy with our walk in bath!

5.00/5

Original review: May 31, 2019

The installers were very professional and very good at what they did. They took care of my house and possessions. They cleaned up very good. Were very knowledgeable and courteous. The salesman was very nice a professional too. The whole Independent Home team was very nice and professional.

Original review: May 29, 2019

The installers were very professional and they were very thorough with explaining everything. They were extremely nice and cleaned up everything. I would highly recommend them. I love my new spa! Would recommend to anyone. Really loved the process from start to finish.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Would highly recommend to family and friends. Sales representative and installers very professional. Made sure I was satisfied before they left. Installers arrived on time and did not even take a lunch break. They worked until job was completed and they went over everything with me.

5.00/5

Original review: May 24, 2019

Very professional and friendly. Great attention to detail, and they clearly meant to please! They were friendly to my pets, and the dogs, who are great judges of character, liked them, too. I would recommend them without hesitation. Very pleased with the results.

5.00/5

Original review: May 22, 2019

They had very difficult job on installment here. Great responsible worker. Would highly recommend their work. Only problems we have are toilet is using extra water because flap is not doing what it's supposed to do and my doorbell got hit with some and got broken. But their work quality was excellent. Thanks again. Very positive experience.

5.00/5

Original review: May 21, 2019

Ari from Independent Homes was extremely helpful in explaining all about the shower to me and my husband. His worker Tony was extremely professional in every manner. Tony's work was excellent. He made sure that the Shower was installed properly even with all the problems in my house due to nothing being level. I would recommend I.D.H to my family and friends. Thank you again for a great job.

5.00/5

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was very pleased with the installation and the installers. They were very courteous and very professional. They made sure we were informed regarding all aspects of our new spa tub. They were on time and worked while they were here. They left my bathroom in the condition in which they found it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 14, 2019

Somebody called me about walk-in tubs and my wife wanted one. Buying from Independent Home was very easy and the installation team did a great job. They were very professional and it took them only half a day to finish the installation. I've had the walk-in tub for a couple of months and I like the safety that it provides.

5.00/5

Original review: May 12, 2019

Purchasing the Independent Home tub was very easy and the installation went fine. The installers told me who they were and I showed them where to put the tub, and I backed off and let them do it. They got through with it and cleaned up after themselves fine. With the model I got, I just lean over, open the door, step in, close the door and take a bath. I can also put a wave, plus it has a place for an aroma if I want it. It seems to be very good and I haven't had any problems with it. I like being able to just sit down and take a bath again. Before I got it, it was strictly a shower because I couldn't step in and out of it.

5.00/5

Original review: May 9, 2019

Bathtub to shower. The two gentlemen on my job were very friendly and professional at what they were doing. They were careful to clean up each day before they left. I was very impressed with the job they did and would be very happy to recommend your company.

5.00/5

Original review: May 8, 2019

A very professional job. They bent over backwards to make sure we were happy with the work. The shower is going to be a blessing to us. The sales team and install team did a very good job. We think that the shower will be a good fit for us.

5.00/5

Original review: May 6, 2019

My installers arrived and quickly went to work covering my floors and removing anything that might be damaged during the work process. Every evening when they left, they cleaned up anything that needed to be cleaned. They worked quickly and efficiently to remove the old tile walls and tub and get everything ready for the new walls and tub floor. I couldn't ask for competent workmanship and I am very happy with the new shower. I know I will enjoy many years of safe showering in my own home.

5.00/5

Original review: May 4, 2019

My wife saw an advertisement for walk-in bathtubs. We are getting old and we decided that it would be a good idea to get one. It would be easy to get in and out of. The installation team from Independent Home knew what they were doing. They were here all day but we got out of the way and let them do it. The tub worked out great as well as our experience.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The installers were very professional and very clean. They took good care of my property and possession. The tub looks great. Can’t wait to use it. The Independent Home company was very respectful from the installers on up. Would recommend. Samuel and Mary

Original review: May 3, 2019

Someone from Independent Home came to our home and purchasing from them was extremely easy. We got the only model that would fit, and the installers had to come back another day but they were very good. I take a bath every other day now and we haven't been doing that in years.

5.00/5

Original review: May 1, 2019

I did an online search and Independent Home was the one that answered back. I had been looking into this for a while ‘cause I didn’t know if I wanted to do that or turn it into a handicap bath, and when I got to research it, they had the best prices compared to the other places. Purchasing was the easiest in the world. Everything was explained and they showed me videos. The installers knew what they were doing and did it in the amount of time they said they would do, and they didn’t miss cleaning up.

Because of the way my bathroom is laid out, I figured the tub for the door to open to where it wouldn’t bother the commode. I also got some lavender bath salts and it makes a difference. Bathing is so easy, in and out and there’s nothing to clean. You just rinse it out and you’re done. I would recommend anybody with issues of any kind to get one of Independent Home tubs ‘cause it's a lifesaver, especially if you’re going through physical therapy anywhere. You just sit in it, relax and you’re good to go.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Extremely excited about the new walk-in tub! Looks great in the bathroom and very simple to operate. Both the installers were very professional, friendly, informative, and helpful! The tub was installed in a very timely manner. Would definitely recommend to family and friends!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I've been interested in a walk-in bathtub for a long time because I am no longer able to get out of a tub by myself. I am disabled, so I needed the walk-in tub for health reasons. The first gentleman I spoke with at Independent Home was a very nice man and was very congenial. He was very good about calling me back when I had a question. The installation of the walk-in bathtub went well. The general manager called me and he said that he had another tub that just came in. It was still in the crates and it would cost less. Although I can manage, my problem now is I am a little on the queen size, so I have a little problem getting the door shut because I need about another three inches wider. I am satisfied.

5.00/5

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got several quotes from different walk-in tub manufacturers several years ago. I didn't decide to do anything back then but now that I am ready to get one, Independent Home came along. I then got my unit from them. The salesman I worked with was wonderful. He seemed very knowledgeable and his delivery was great. The installers who came to install the tub were very friendly and knew what they were doing. It took them three hours before they completed the job, but then I thought that it would take all day. Overall I'm very satisfied with the tub. It's everything I thought it is. I have arthritis and problems with my back, and it really helps.