Customer Reviews

4.78/5
based on 290 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We have wanted a walk in tub for years. Today was the Best Day Ever!! Our bathroom looks Amazing!!! Our experience with everyone we spoke to at Independent Homes were wonderful and very knowledgeable about their product. This morning the installers called to tell me what time they would be here. They were very courteous and friendly. They answered any questions we had, explained to us in detail. Our installers, David ** and Harold **, were their names and they were very knowledgeable in their work and product. And they even cleaned up after the installation. Wow, what a Great job done!!! We are so excited about our new walk-in tub. We will tell all our friends and anyone we come in contact with about this company and how we were treated. A special thanks to Mitch **, our salesman, that came out to our home. He explained everything to us with such detail. Again, thanks to all involved. Thank you, Independent Homes!!

5.00/5

Original review: June 4, 2019

Independent Home provided experienced & knowledgeable People to install my tub. They cleaned up after each work day and when the job was done. The results was just like I wanted it to be. Everything about my experience was great!

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I found out about Independent Home through my son-in-law and because of my age and health, I got a specific model of the tub from them. The interaction with the dealer was very good and they were very nice young men. I like sitting in the tub and relaxing. It’s the best investment I’ve ever made.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

George uses the Independent Home tub and he loves it. It's definitely much easier for him to use and he’s very pleased with it. Everything went fairly well with the dealer. He explained everything to us and the installation was very easy. The team cleaned up and everything was perfect. We’d definitely recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

We haven't been able to have a bath for 14 years because we had a garden tub. I was afraid to get into it because I'm handicapped right now. I got a call one day from an Independent Home representative and he asked if we had ever been interested in having a walk-in tub. I told him that we were, but they were expensive and we couldn't afford one. He came out a couple of days later and he told us all the pros and cons. We felt like he was an honest person and we were very pleased with him. The installation was a really good experience. The guys were nice and were real gentlemen. They worked hard and were on their feet for 12 hours 'cause it was a difficult cut. Having the walk-in tub worked out really good. My husband enjoys it more than I do.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I had gone with Independent Home for their price and so far, my experience with them has been fine. The guy that I talked to showed me three different sizes and explained the options well. I got the 33-inch model. Its overall quality is good. It has the jets and a bubble motion, which I mostly use. It feels better when it’s on the bubbles.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

The installers were very kind and professional. They did a superb job on the install. They were very clean and courteous. I can’t wait to use my new spa. Thank you Independent Home. The whole process with the sales team to the installers was painless.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

The installers Dean and Alex did an outstanding job with the installation of our spa. They were continuous and friendly which made me feel comfortable being in our home. I would highly recommend them to everyone and would welcome them back anytime.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

My husband and I LOVE our new walk in tub. It is HUGE! Just what we wanted. The installers did a great job. They installed new flooring and a hot water tank for us. I am really glad we went with Independent Home.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

The installers Dean and Alex were persistent in sharing the steps they would take as they installed the tub and all of its parts to ensure that it worked. They were careful to make sure I understood and also to take care not to harm my house environment. My lesson on how to use was demonstrated very well with questions answered as well. It was a delight to meet Dean and Alex. They were an excellent duo. They are very knowledgeable and confident about their job. I am pleased... very pleased with my tub and with the installers.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

The installers were very professional and very courteous. They arrived on time and did job in a timely manner. The took care of my house and cleaned up after they were done. Johnny and John Paul did a wonderful job installing shower.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

The installers were very professional and very courteous and considerate to our needs. They did a very good job on the install. We enjoyed having them in our home and enjoyed the work done. Can’t wait to use it. Very excited. That is to the whole Independent Home's team. It was a very good experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

We were looking for Walk in tub for my grandmother who is 100 years young and we have had Safe Step in the past. She has never been thrilled with it. Safe Step also took too long to install and too long to fill up and drain. My grandmother would freeze waiting for it to fill and drain. We stumbled on this company Independent Home. So glad we did. They have been more than super awesome. They are kind, efficient, patient and hardworking. They installed my grandmother's walk-in tub in a day less than 6 hours. No shortcuts either. They were very professional, polite, clean and no mess left behind.

The sales rep, the customer service and the installers were awesome. Never have we felt with a company that took pride and care in their customers as this company does. Any questions they were reachable right away. The installers went over everything with us and how to use. I could go on and on. If there is any reason you're looking at anything for your home to stay independent you need to look no further than these guys. Great company and team. Thank you so much. You guys are truly number 1. My grandmother is ecstatic over the moon about her walk in therapeutic Walk in tub.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

The installers did a wonderful job on the install. The work and craftsmanship was wonderful. The whole team at Independent Home were fantastic. The installers walked us through on how to work our new spa. All in all would recommend.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I am very pot with my experience with Independent Homes. The crew was punctual and polite. They got right to it and did everything correctly. I was kept informed through the entire process. I was shown how the tub works with a demonstration. I couldn't have had a better experience. Thank you.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I saw a number on TV for Independent Home and called them. The interaction with the sales rep was wonderful. I got the walk-in tub with the door that swings inside. The guy came in, told me what was gonna happen and I wrote him a check. They did the work and everything worked out fine. The installers showed me how it work. I had a pretty good idea because I was looking through the paperwork as they were putting it in and I knew what buttons did what. He showed me that and a couple of days later, I got in it myself and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I just kicked back and let that bogey go. I especially like the shower. In the tub, I'm afraid to stand up, afraid of falling down but with this, I got the handle bars to hang on to and it's better. Also, my favorite feature is the in-line heater. The circulation of the water keeps the warm temperature.

The new tub got me up and out a lot quicker, it keeps me warm and I'm able to move better. But I wish the price is less. It's worth the money, but it's a lot of money. I understand that it takes money to produce a quality product, and this is a quality product. In order to get quality, you gotta pay. I'm a retired veteran and I've told a couple of my friends about my experience with Independent Home. My brother is older than I am and he's planning on putting one in.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

The possibility of my mother having to move in with us made me interested in getting a walk-in tub. She’s 78 years old, and she has a hard time getting in and out of the tub. When I spent most of the last winter with her in Indiana, she was complaining to me that one of her biggest issues at her own home was the fact that she had a hard time taking a bath. She didn't want me helping, yet she wanted her back washed and whatnot, so she had to sit on the edge of the tub. She was talking about how much that hurt her bottom.

With the Independent Home walk-in tub, she doesn’t have to worry about hurting her bottom because it has the nice seat in there. She wouldn’t be able to handle the high jet. That'd be too much for her because she’s really skinny but I’ve tried the settings just so that I would be prepared for her, because I do expect her to move in here when she finally realizes that she needs to. So, we’re getting our house, at least part of it, ready for her. I’ve taken a shower using the showerhead, the handheld one, and I realized that you should take your bath first, then wash your hair with the shower last. Otherwise, you’re gonna sit there and get a little cold while straightened. It’s not much, but for her, that would make a big difference.

The sales rep from Independent Home was great. He was down-to-earth and was not a hard sell because I had done a lot of checking online and read up on different things. I went first with Safe Step but didn't like the response we got from them. The two installers from Independent Home were good too. They were very polite, very caring about our house and took time to explain things to us. They accidentally cut a wire in our bathroom and spent a long time with my husband in getting things corrected, but they were good. I was worried about the mess but the guys cleaned up after themselves really nice and I couldn't ask for a better experience.

I like that I can sit in the new walk-in tub and have aromatherapy, which was what I wanted for myself. I started using the walk-in because it was easier for me to get in and out of it rather than my hot tub. So, I shut down my hot tub to use the walk-in tub myself. Also, I love the quality. I hope that anybody else that has back problems, neck problems, or any kind of problems take time to really look into it. I didn't realize how much it would even benefit me.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We were getting ready to look for a new shower and we liked Independent Home's product. A sales rep came in and showed us the product. We wanted to get rid of the tub and we didn't want a walk-in tub. We wanted a walk-in shower. The installers were very nice. They were professional and did very good work. We like the final product and we're really happy with it. It's not just one of those things that you stick in there. It's a nice marble and it goes all the way to the ceiling. It has crown molding and everything. It really looks nice. Also, there's a bar for when we get older. We can hang onto it if we need to. There's a seat that's right into the wall too.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I was thinking about a walk-in tub and I already talked to a person that had done some work for us and he came and told me all the kind of things that would have to be done, and so I ended up deciding not to do a walk-in tub. This was about six months before I found out about Independent Home. When the rep from Independent Home came, it was later on in the day and he took all the time in the world. He was fantastic, very patient and he explained very well.

Three guys came to do the installation and I knew they were coming. A couple of things were explained to me such that they were gonna have to take out the frame of the door into the bathroom and that they were gonna have to do some work downstairs so that we had the right kind of electric so that wasn't gonna be a problem. He took extra time because I've had a lot of different jobs in my life and I am not one that just says, "Okay, go ahead and do it." In a nice way, I found out what they would have to do. Then, we agreed that some of the tiles could stay the way it was, and it would work out well. But they had to do some major work on getting the unit, so it would fit and so then, when they actually brought it, they were able to make it right into the room. They had to be careful but they were strong. One of them was more experienced than the other. The one that was less experienced took orders very well and did exactly what he was told to do.

I like that I was able to talk to my wife into doing it. I'm able to sit in it and when it's filling in from the bottom, I'm able to wash my hair. I don't have to wait until it's full to do that, so that's one nice feature. I like the ability to be able to soak and then have the bubbles come flying around, which is nice. When I'm finished and I pull on the chain, it does not take very long to be emptied, which is an important thing. Another important thing that they’re way ahead of most competition is that about five minutes after it has emptied, for about a minute and a half, I hear the other pump working, taking all the water out of the system. So, when we fill up next time, there's no dirty water that mixes all in, which is a great feature.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Independent Home's rep came out, spent the evening with us, and showed us all the literature. His name was Doug and we enjoyed our visit with him. He was a neat guy and very personable. We also liked the tub and decided to go with it. We had a little problem with the installation though. We were under the impression that there’d be more than one guy who'd come in to install the tub. Plus, there was a problem with it. But the guy was some worker and he did a good job. The installation just took him longer than he was expecting it to take him because of the problem with the little thing that works the stuff on the tub and he had to replace it.

He filled the tub up that day, but we tended to pick up a little sand in the water, so we haven’t tried to fill it up anymore. We have well water and we may have to go on city water before we can use the whole tub. We were told that we have to fill it above the little jets before we can turn the jets on. I called where the paper said to call if we had any questions, but we won’t use it until we find out for sure. We’ve just been taking showers in it right now, but it's a big help because we couldn’t get in our other tub at all.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We saw the need for a walk-in tub so we went ahead and got it. Independent Home's presentation was excellent, the installers were very nice and friendly, and the work was really good. I use a regular tub and I’m not well. Now I don’t have to step over the tub and then wonder if I’m gonna be able to get up after I sit down because it really takes a lot outta me to sit down in that tub and then have to strain to get out. The tub was not cheap, and I had thought later that maybe we should have checked around to see if there was a better price, but I'm very satisfied with the tub.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The installers arrived on time. They were very professional and very clean. They took care of all my possessions and belongings. I think they did a wonderful job. I am very proud of the work and craftsmanship done. They did good.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Independent Home called me about their walk-in bathtub and my experience with them has been very good so far. The installation was also fabulous and the installers did an excellent job.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I'm getting up in age and I was thinking about my safety. I've also been thinking about getting a walk-in tub and Independent Home called me. Then they came out and gave me a good price. The salesman was really nice and explained everything about the tub to me. He was very knowledgeable about the product. Plus, the features he showed me was something I liked. The installation experience was good and the person who installed the tub was very knowledgeable. He also explained everything to me. The salesman already told me the same thing, but he went through all the features of the tub with me. So far, the tub is really soothing when you take a bath. My wife and I enjoy it.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

For quite a while, I have been going to get a walk-in tub, but I wanted to see it before I bought it. I wasn’t gonna spend that much money on something and not see it, so the guy, Nat, took one out of the box in West Des Moines and let me see it. I then decided to get it. He was very nice and Independent Home was very good and professional. I was having a problem with my neck and I had to go to the doctor a couple of times. The installer was very caring and kept asking me if there was anything he could do. They did a good job and I’m very satisfied. I love my tub.

5.00/5

Original review: July 29, 2019

I liked Independent Home's pricing and their product looked a little bit better than others. Their sales team was great as well and my installation experience was fantastic. It was a good experience overall and Independent Home did what I asked them to do.

5.00/5

Original review: July 28, 2019

Since we already had an Independent bathtub seven years ago, we knew what we were looking for. It was a satisfactory buying experience. The dealer had a good line of information and was willing to share it. The installation team was a little late getting here because they had to pick up their equipment and the tub itself in Charleston, South Carolina. It also took them a while to lay their hands on it, but they came on up and worked well into the evening. And then, was up and did it again the next day, and finished it up. The salesperson and the installation team were both fantastic.

5.00/5

Original review: July 20, 2019

There was a salesman from Independent home who stopped by and told me about his company's walk-in bathtubs. He explained it to me and everything, and it sounded good. We made a deal, and they put the tub in the next day. The installation went fine and their crew worked every minute. They never stopped 'til they had the whole thing done. Thus far, I feel the tub is top quality.

5.00/5

Original review: July 17, 2019

Independent Home's people were really polite and clean. I enjoyed their company and they cleaned up after themselves. I love the tub I got from them so far. I'm an old man and it helps me tremendously.

5.00/5

Original review: July 16, 2019

I've been thinking about a walk-in tub before. I've gotten a price from the one that does a lot of advertising and decided we aren't getting younger and we have to get one of those before we find ourselves wanting it or needing it right away. We got the tub from Independent Home and the installation team was nice. The installation went well.