Customer Reviews

4.67/5
based on 108 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

5.00/5

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

5.00/5

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

5.00/5

We are so pleased with the installation, service, and product that we received from Independent Home. Ari and his people were amazing. I love my new tub. I'm handicap and it was close to impossible for me to get in and out of a tub, but now with my new tub I'm in heaven. Ari came to my home gave me the best price ever. I had 4 other companies and their prices knock me out of my wheelchair. I found Ari & Independent Home off the web and his prices blew every other company out of the park. He was kind, funny and most important he meet every one of my needs.

His installer Tony omg he's the greatest. He explained everything he was doing, put drop cloths everywhere and cleaned up so well that you never knew he was working in my home. My dad was a contractor and in my eyes no one could come close, to his work, it was never good enough. I can honestly say & trust me I compare everyone's work to my dad's. Ari, Tony, & Independent Home left me speechless. I'm so happy, thank you so very much for all you done for me. You guys are the greatest!!!

5.00/5

We had a really nice bathtub setup and shower, but the guys from Independent Home were calling around about the bathtub. Then we happen to run into them down in Missouri. The rep gave us a price and we did it. The gentlemen that did the install were really efficient did a real good job. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Out of all the tubs I researched, Independent Home seemed to be the only logical one to go with because their parts are made right here in the United States. So I figured that if we had a problem, we could get it taken care of a lot faster. It'd probably be a better deal. And when I talked to them, they were all very nice. The man that came to our house explained it all to us. We thought he was great and he did a good job. They also got us a finance plan that agreed with what we needed. We're enjoying the tub so far. I've had people who asked me about the tub because I put it on Facebook and I've recommended Independent Home.

5.00/5

I checked out Independent Home online and liked their price. I got the Acrylic Deluxe as it had all the features I wanted, and I love it. The purchasing experience was very good, and the installation was outstanding.

5.00/5

My boss has seen a commercial for walk-in tubs and he called the number. His son-in-law and son looked at all consumer reports and tried three different companies then they went with Independent Home because they had better comments. The salesman came in and stayed for quite some time. We had to wait for my boss's daughter and son-in-law to come back and they talked. He explained everything to all of us and then said, "Okay, you guys give me a call". Within that day, the son went ahead and called him and set it up. The two repair guys came the next day and it was pretty good. They came in and looked at all ways to get in and get out and really talked to us.

It was supposed to be done at one day but they actually couldn't finish until the second day because my boss had a lot of questions so they had to keep stopping the work and then go in there to talk to him. He talked about shutting the valve or seeing if they're gonna do this or that right. Then my boss's wife who has dementia was really worried about her pearl necklaces so she wouldn't stay out of the construction site. She kept going back there so we had to keep sitting in there with her and she wanted just to stare at them. I really felt bad for the poor guys but they handled it very good.

5.00/5

The Independent Home salesman who came by was very nice and upfront with everything. It was a good experience dealing with him. The price was one reason why I chose them. I got their biggest tub because I'm a big guy. We had an appointment with the installers but they called and confirmed that it was going to be on a certain time on a certain day. They called that morning before they came out to let me know they were on their way. There were interactions through the day if they or I had any questions. They answered my questions to my satisfaction. They were also courteous and they didn't hold back any information. We're happy with the performance of the tub. It's a good purchase and we're very satisfied.

5.00/5

Independent Home was the fastest to get back to me among other manufacturers. I bought cubicle model because I was limited on space and I love my tub. Purchasing the tub was a pretty good and painless experience. Though I would’ve liked to have gotten just a little bit more information, but I did get that from the contractor that put it in. He had a small space to work in and he didn’t complain once. He just took care of business, and he was great. I've already recommended Independent Home to several friends.

5.00/5

My existing tub was a very unusual and I was very impressed that they were able to put in a walk-in tub and I really enjoy it and I couldn't be happier.

5.00/5

I have fibromyalgia and I have a bad back and so does my husband. I saw that, and it looked like from what the people said on TV, that the walk-in tub from Independent Home might be the one that we would want. And I thought we would try and see and we liked the man that we talked to very much. He came out and measured and explained. We asked questions and he was very good. I was in such need, with so much pain, that the man got it installed a lot quicker than normal. He was wonderful. The men that installed it were very good too. I really like our tub very much. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and my legs are so bad. But I got in my bathtub yesterday and it helped so much.

5.00/5

I'm very well-pleased with my Independent Home walk-in tub. I got proposals from two other manufacturers, but I bought from Independent Home since they have a better price. I did some research and thought the hydrotherapy quality of the model I got was superior to others. I had a salesperson from Independent Home come out. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I had a very good relationship with him. The installer was also very competent and did a good job. Everything went fine. They're very good, and I have no complaints.

4.00/5

My son had a gentleman redoing his kitchen and I asked him about the bathrooms. He said he didn't do that kind of work but he said he would pass my name onto Independent Home. Several days later we got a phone call and they asked if we're interested. I said we were and they came out. The salesman showed us all the features on it and we discussed everything, and the one I went with got the jets and the shower attachment. He was very knowledgeable and polite and his presentation was nice. It was a good experience from start to finish. It's working like it's supposed to and they did everything they were going to do. They were on time and did the job well. The bathroom looked nice when it was finished.

5.00/5

After receiving a couple of quotes from other companies I gave up on being able to afford a tub. Then I tried Independent Home. From the very first time I spoke with someone I felt at ease. I met with the salesman and it was the same feeling. The installers were wonderful as well. Courteous and respectful. My bathroom looks better than before and I love my tub.

4.00/5

It was the cost that made me choose to buy an Independent Home walk-in bathtub. We got one with just the bubble jets and also the whirlpool and it's a pleasurable purchasing experience. I had very little interaction with the installation team since I was still at work then, but my wife was at home and she said they were nice and pleasant.

5.00/5

My brother and I wanted to put in a bathtub with jets for my mother who is 92 years old. She has trouble walking, has a bad hip and is in constant pain. We interviewed a number of companies and then Ari came to moms home. We felt right at home with him. Not a pushy salesman. He listened, had no hidden costs and delivered what he promised. We call, he answers... We text, he answers. Terrific man... Terrific company.

5.00/5

The Independent Home rep showed us two models. We didn’t want to spend money for the more expensive one so we got the smaller one with the jets. The features it had worked wonders as we necessarily need it. Salesman was knowledgeable and pleasant. He was here on time and answered all our questions. The installer, Kevin, did the entire installation himself and did a wonderful job. He was the most amazing.

5.00/5

We bought this bathtub because it has jets and a seat, and everything on it. Purchasing the tub was really easy and the installation went great. Perfect!

5.00/5

Independent Home gave us a better deal, and we're satisfied with them. The overall purchasing process was very easy, and the people who came and install the tub were good. They were courteous, able to answer all my questions, and they left their work area clean.

5.00/5

I am not disabled nor in my golden years so many have asked why I purchased my celebrity series walk-in tub. I want to be ready for those golden years and I absolutely love my tub!! I regret not getting it sooner! I feel so much better after a long soak in this tub! It was installed in ONE day and very professionally done! Several people that visit come with their own towel and ask if they can use my tub! They love it too!! I highly recommend Independent Home if anyone is considering a purchase for a walk-in tub! They are friendly, professional and really care about their customers!! 10 stars!!!

5.00/5

I've told my daughter I was thinking about getting a walk-in tub. Independent Home had certain types of credits off of the amount and it was quite a large amount. When they came in the neighborhood, their salesperson shared information that there were different programs that can be costly. But he wasn't high-pressure or threatening. Other plumbers would put things in, add these other parts that need to be completed and a carpenter would come and do repairs or put everything else together again, but they said they would do all of the work including putting everything together, so I got a deal with that. I was very pleased with the presentation.

The way the young installer and his crew got the tub together was unbelievable. Installation was lengthy because I have an older house and he had to go to a depot store to get some other material, but he did it so well and it was done smoothly. They also have knowledge of the pipes. And because I have old pipes, I had some of it put in. I was highly impressed with the plumbing and getting it together, cleaning it and making it look so beautiful. I'm glad I got an Independent Home tub. When I take a bath with a regular tub, I run the water and then get in it. But this way, I sit and wait to get the water to come to me which gives me a moment to relax and wait for it to happen. I'm enjoying the hydro parts of it too, which is what I wanted. I've told some people about the tub and there have been some that appeared to be interested.

5.00/5

I’m in the medical field and I’m at home on oxygen 24/7. I initially bought the walk-in bathtub because I have a son who has right-side hemiparesis from a head injury. I don’t want him falling and he’s already fallen in a regular tub. I’d gotten an estimate that was outrageous several years ago and I didn’t feel like fooling around with a bunch of estimates so I decided to call Independent Home to see what they had. I knew what I had to spend and what I was willing to pay for and I got a tub that fit what I needed and the space I had. The installation team was a nice bunch of men. I’d recommend Independent Home to anybody who’s willing to put one in.

5.00/5

I had the salesman from Independent Home come out and I like what he said because they have one, too. He was very nice and did a good job. I've only had the tub for about a month now and though it took a little while to get used to it, I'm very happy with it. I would recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

We have a Roman tub which is close to 2 feet deep and my wife is 5 feet tall and at a point in time I said, “This is not safe. You're stepping onto a tile floor out of that bathtub and you're going to slip and fall." Independent Home was a little more personable and gave me a better deal than other companies so we went with them. We got a 5-foot wide walk-in tub from them and had it placed in the guest bathroom. They did a nice, quick and professional installation on it. We tried it once and it works just fine.

5.00/5

I had a very pleasant experience purchasing my bathtub from Independent Home. The rep brought this book in and I looked at it and read. My son said that I need to go ahead and buy one, so I bought it. I got the standard model because it's the one that could fit in my bathroom. The installers were very nice and did a good job. I tell whoever comes to see me about Independent Home.

5.00/5

I had broken my leg and had to have back surgery. I was thinking that a walk-in tub costs too much for what you get, but I like my Independent Home tub and it has really helped me. I could sit and go to sleep in it, and it’s so easy to get in and out of it. The sales representative was a very nice guy and the installation team was very careful about bringing stuff in across the carpet.

5.00/5

I've wanted to get an Independent Home tub. The next-door neighbors got one and I told them to send the guy over and they did. It's convenient because I got it very quickly and the purchasing process was very easy. The installation team came and put it in very fast and I really appreciate that. We bought a tub with a very wide door. My husband is handicapped and this model's easy to get him in. He has global anoxia and has a hard time standing. We have a handicap shower and it's been so great to sit him in there and know he's not gonna fall. I can stand right next to him, bathe him, and he enjoys it.

He's having trouble with his knees and I had to soak it and having the tub made a big difference. The hot water just feels good and he doesn't notice it, but I noticed a difference in how he can walk and get around which was getting very difficult for him to do. The tub's very easy to clean and maintain and I like it. Everything went very well and we're enjoying it very much.

5.00/5

Independent Home contacted us about their walk-in tubs. We thought about it then had them come and talk to us. With their warranties and everything, we decided to go with them. We got the deluxe model and because I've had two back surgeries we wanted the jets in the tub with an easy access to it. We got that and it's helping my back issue. It's also very easy to get in and out of the tub. When we were purchasing the tub, the sales representatives were all very easy to work with if we have a problem. Then installation of the tub was above any installation I've seen in the walk-in tubs. The team that installed it was very thoughtful. They laid down drop cloths in the hallway, vacuumed up the hallway and were done in less time than they said that they would be. The backboard is beautiful and the caulking was professional. I'm amazed at the wonderful job they did.

5.00/5

Everything is great with our walk-in bathtub. It helps with my arthritis and I'm happy to have it. My husband loves it, too. I wanted a walk-in bathtub but couldn’t afford it. Independent Home was in our price range so we decided to give it a try. The model of the tub that we got had everything we wanted and I still got my shelf. We have a very small bathroom and it fits right in there.