Customer Reviews

4.67/5
based on 165 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

We’ve been talking about getting a walk-in bath tub for a couple of years. Then we saw Independent Home in the magazine and it sounded good, so we called them and they called us back. We ended up getting the top of the model. We’re getting older and it’s easier to get in and out of. We don’t have to stand up in the shower to slip and fall. It’s also easy to work with and it fills up and empties fast. Plus, the air jets make it so much more soothing inside the tub. When it was installed, the reps who came out were fantastic. They introduced themselves and explained to us what they were going to do. Then they put down covers so they wouldn’t mess up our carpet in order to get to the bathroom it was going into. They went over with my husband exactly where they were going to set it, how they were going to build the wall, and asked if that was okay with him. We couldn’t ask for better workers. We’d recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

I looked at different walk-in tubs online and we got a telephone call from someone at Independent Home. We were asked if we were interested in looking into it and so they set up an appointment. It was easy to purchase the tub from Independent Home. They set up a financing plan for us because we told them that we could not do it any other way. Two young women came and installed the tub. They were very good, very efficient, very professional and very pleasant. My husband has fallen a number of times getting in and out of the shower so the tub is safer. And the health benefits, the massaging is very good. My husband feels better since he used the tub. I would recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

When the tub I had got a crack in it, I decided to get a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home because my mother and my husband got bad backs so it’d be easy for them to get in and out. The installation experience was okay. I like that the tub's handle and sitting are much better than having a bath chair and putting up bars and stuff. I would recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

I'm a retired VA and diabetic. I have heard of American Home through my brother. Their reps are great and the installation was also good. The tub is outstanding. Everyone should have Independent Home.

5.00/5

I had been thinking about getting something done to my bathtub and the installation experience I had with Independent Home was very pleasant. Their installers came a day early, which was nice for me. They called and asked to do it that day and they worked very hard and didn’t make a lunch break. They just worked until it was finished. The tub is in the guest room and it's mostly for a company who comes frequently and has a lot of problems with his legs.

5.00/5

I've been thinking about getting a walk-in bathtub because my wife can't get around very well. Independent Home called me, came by, and I decided to get one from them. The tub is good quality and I like it. Also, their sales reps and installer were very good.

5.00/5

My house was built in 1967 and I had a tub with a shower. I was afraid to get back in it since I broke my ankle last June. Then, somebody came to my door about Independent Home's walk-in bathtubs. I hesitated because I didn't want to overextend myself since I'm retired. But they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. The salesman was really nice, explained everything to me about the tub, and didn't try to pressure me into buying something that was more than what I needed.

The installation team was also very good. They went above and beyond what was necessary. My bathroom door stuck a little, so they took it off then went and cut off a little bit of it at the bottom and fixed it for me, so it doesn't stick anymore. I have some loose tiles on the bathroom floor, too, and they fixed those for me. So, I was really impressed with them and the work they did. I was very pleased with my experience and I would highly recommend Independent Home to anyone who is considering getting a walk-in tub.

5.00/5

We had a phone call about walk-in bathtubs from the people that make it. Also, I had been looking at pictures of tubs and thinking about it. After the lady’s presentation, I told her I was ready to talk to her representative. So, Independent Home sent a nice young fellow here to talk to us about walk-in tubs. The rep and I had a great interaction! He did a follow-up after we installed the tub and he stayed here a couple of hours. We talked about all kinds of stuff and seemed like one of the family before he left. The tub I got has a 30 L air vent and a compressor. I fill it up with hot water and if I want a massage or hydrotherapy treatment, I push a little button on the side and the motor starts blowing air through everywhere. I really enjoy getting in the tub and it's like getting a massage all over.

My wife and I have impaired blood flow in our limbs and the tub seems to be helping me. It's supposed to help the circulation in older people in the capillary veins. In fact, I'm going tomorrow to have Doppler run on mine. The installation team who came out was a great crew. The first crew who came brought the wrong tub as it wouldn't go through any of the doors. So, they had to wait a week and had another tub made, especially made to go through our bathroom doors. The guys that installed it were really nice, neat, and they did a great job installing it. Also, they went over everything and how to operate it. They covered all fields. Independent Home is a great company and did what they said they would do.

5.00/5

My wife and I couldn't get into our old bathtub so we both needed something that has a small step. I liked the one Independent Home has so that was the one we got. The guys who came out to install the unit were very nice and polite. The one that they originally brought to install had a dent in it so they got a new one that didn't have a dent. Everything went together so well. I really enjoy the bathtub. I don't have to be a like a monkey and climb up over the top of the old one. Also, my wife is blind so I have to show her and help her in just so she gets to use the thing and so far it's been really wonderful. Independent Home was great.

5.00/5

I bought a shower from Independent Home and we're very happy with it. When the guy came to the house and talked to us, it seemed like a good thing to go with Independent. That guy was very good. The man who installed it was wonderful as well. I would recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Independent Home's sales rep came in the house and did business with us. I liked the way he talked and the way everything added up, so I was ready and I went with them. The bathtub I got was just a straight walk-in model. What the sales rep discussed was exactly the way it went down whenever they came out to put it in. Their installers were the best bunch of guys I have ever worked with, and I worked with a lot of people in my lifetime. They were courteous, they cleaned up after their mess, they did not leave one thing undone, they loaded all the trash up and hauled it off.

4.00/5

I called Independent Home and a salesman came by the house. I got the walk-in tub and the installation took about eight hours. A man and his wife did the installation and I had an excellent experience with them. So far, I'm satisfied with it.

5.00/5

We're really pleased with Independent Home and we really like our 28 x 48 white Life Tub. And it's got the spray on it. We don't have the shower on it because we have a shower. The person who sold the tub to us was really good and thorough. He also pointed out things. The installation team that came and did everything was excellent. Luckily too, I had a toilet and a sink that needed to be put in and they put it in for me at no charge. I really enjoy the tub. In fact, I'm sending a picture of the tub to a neighbor of mine to have him contact Independent Home.

5.00/5

I had a stroke and I couldn't get in a regular bathtub. I got a walk-in tub from Independent Home that has the shower and the vibrating stuff on it. Independent Home's rep was nice and he explained everything to me. The installers were great. And I love my Independent Home bathtub. The company was cheaper than most of the people, too. I'd recommend them to everybody.

5.00/5

We had checked another company here in the area. Part of our home is a trailer that we have built onto and they told us that they would not put tubs in a trailer. We didn’t check any further because we figured if one company wouldn’t do it, then nobody else would. Somebody from Independent Home called here one day, and my husband set up an appointment with one of their employees who came and told us all about the walk-in bathtub. We chose a model that seemed like it fit all of our needs and the guy that talked to us seemed like an honest person. The installation went fine. The installers did a perfect job and everything looks great. Moreover, they were very courteous and as nice as they could be. We are satisfied customers. We're pleased with Independent Home and it's a good choice.

5.00/5

It was very easy buying a tub from Independent Home. They dealt with us professionally. They came in, they took our old one and put the new one in. They were very clean and efficient. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

After we moved, Independent Home was the first one I saw regarding walk-in tubs. A guy came out and we talked about the tub, then we debated where we were going to put it and about the size of the water heater that we had. We wanted the air stuff in it then we tossed around a few different models and went with the average model. Purchasing the tub was a cinch. After the guy came out and we decided what tub we wanted, I put a down payment on it then I paid the rest once it was installed and working fine.

They had somebody change what day they wanted it installed and so they called and said they had an opening sooner than what they had scheduled. So they were able to come sooner than what was scheduled which was nice because we were moving into the home. We wanted all these stuff done before we brought all the furniture in.

The installation team was great. There was one main guy and he had two apprentices with him. They did all the hard and dirty work. They took out the bathtub and switched all the plumbing around. It came all the way from the door through the living room and to the bathroom. They were here for three days and every night, when they were done, they picked up their cloth, got down on their hands and knees, and went around picking up any bit of trash that they saw. I've nothing but kudos for Independent Home. They were fast, efficient, very polite, and very nice. They didn’t mind my little puppy or anything running around getting in their way. I would tell others that Independent Home did good work, their product was excellent, and they would be a good company to go with.

5.00/5

I'm so glad we bought a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home. So far, I haven't heard my dad complain about anything. He really needed it because he was climbing into the tub and sitting on a bench. He made the appointment and we were impressed with the salesman. He was personable, explained everything well, and he didn’t pressure us. Even after the installation, he asked us if we had any problems or questions and that we could get a hold of him if we did.

The guys that came and installed the tub were also good considering that the place where the tub would be located was not easy to get to. They had to carry some stuff across the yard and up the side of the hill. They could drive up there, but they didn't want to bring the truck up there on the grass. They explained everything a few times so that we understood it all, then they cleaned up all of their mess and we were happy. The walk-in bathtub went exactly in the same place as my dad's old bathtub. It has the jets in it and you can put the snowy stuff in there. It has worked out well for my dad. I'd tell friends that if they also want one, they should get a hold of Independent Home.

4.00/5

The guys from Independent Home who came to install our Deluxe bathtub cleaned up. I like our tub's size and the other things that went along with it. I also liked Independent Home's pricing.

5.00/5

Independent Home was the only walk-in and specialty tub manufacturer advertised. Their representative was very nice and informative. I got a walk-in shower, and the guys who came to install were polite. I brought a chair and went into the other room and they closed the bathroom and didn’t disturb me. I've enjoyed the shower. It’s a very good quality shower.

5.00/5

Independent Home's price was better than other manufacturers, and their salesman was exceptional, too. He was very cooperative, helpful, straightforward and didn't press me for decisions. He also extended the warranty for new owners. I liked him. I bought a standard unit tub that has both the water and air jets. The installers were very neat and did an awfully nice job.

5.00/5

Everything with Independent Home was top-notch. The installation team was very professional, courteous and cleaned up after themselves. The overall quality of the tub is outstanding. I have used it several times and I really like it.

5.00/5

I was reading something about walk-in bathtubs and my wife had been wanting one and it was so near Christmas. A guy representing Independent Home came out here to talk to us and I liked what he did. He was well-versed in what the company offered and we bought the tub on the spot. We got the tub that had jets in it which my wife was needing. We're both old, I'm 71 and she's soon to be 70.

We started construction on it right away and they did a very good job on it. They did the demolition and took the old tub out. They had to remove a couple of doorframes and facings in the bathroom to get it out which was a little bit more involved than what they felt they would have to do at the time. Other than that, it was pretty much a really smooth installation. We're installing new tiles and that's supposed to be starting tomorrow in that particular bathroom. I used the tub one time but my wife uses the tub weekly. As a matter of fact, it has been used several times during the wait month. My sister and brother-in-law came in and used it and they liked it. My oldest daughter used it and she liked it as well. I'm pretty satisfied and I've recommended Independent Home.

5.00/5

I'm disabled and in a wheelchair so I went with the handicap walk-in tub and I chose Independent Home because of their warranty. Their people were excellent and the installation was marvelous and expedient. The tub makes bathing a lot easier and safer. It was an enjoyable experience and the tub's quality is beyond my expectation.

4.00/5

I enjoy my Independent walk-in bathtub. I like that you can just sit down and take a bath, without being afraid you’re going to fall. The installers were courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

5.00/5

Some young man came out and talked to me about Independent Home. He was from Mobile and an Auburn Graduate. He was very nice, very informative and knew all about the product. The installer who came was also very good, very accommodating and did really pretty work. I needed something to give me some balance and the walk-in tub solved the problem.

4.00/5

Independent Home's walk-in tubs were a bit cheaper than some companies. I decided to buy from them a specific model that caught my eye. I wrote the man a check and hadn’t had any buying problem with it. The installation team got here by 8:00 that morning and left at 6:00. They did a very good job of putting it here. I like the idea and wanted that type of tub. It was easy to get in and out of it. I don't have to climb up over the side to get in there.

5.00/5

We purchased a tub about 2 weeks ago and could not be more pleased. The tub is everything we had hoped for and more. The installers (Jerry and his 2 sons) completed the installation in one day and were so professional and helpful. They explained everything perfectly and even left a phone number if we needed anything or had any questions. We are VERY satisfied. Thank you!

5.00/5

We moved into our house and my mother wants to stay downstairs. Her bathroom was old and we were going to re-do it. My husband said that we'd look at the walk-in bathtubs. I did a quick search and started looking. We talked with Independent Home reps. They were wonderful and did an amazing job. They were also local to the area and I like dealing with those companies. If there are problems, I can call them back and they'll fix it the next day. The guy who came out was super nice and he lived not far from us. Also, the installers were amazing.

The tub is a really good product and it fits in the space nicely with everything we wanted. It also has a good warranty which is good for five years. They were telling me about a lady who called at Thanksgiving whose daughter dropped a razor down it by accident and they came out that evening and fixed it. Overall, we've had a really good experience with Independent Home. I am extremely happy with how everything went and I have recommended them to a friend.

5.00/5

We're getting up in advanced years and because of health reasons, it's more difficult for us to take an ordinary sit-down bath. After getting some mail from different companies that have the walk-in bathtub, we chose to go with Independent Home. Buying a bathtub from them was an easy process. They called and we chose a convenient time for the representative to come. 15 minutes before the representative arrived, he called and said he was on his way. He was here on time and was very courteous. He made his presentation then we sat down to discuss the price and it was very reasonable.

One of the main things on our decision, we had another company out, and they had made their presentation. But at the end of their presentation, they informed me that I was going to have to install a 50-gallon water heater. And when I asked this man about it, he said we won't have to install a bigger water heater. So he measured and said that the bathtub will go right through the door. It was a very easy installation as far as bringing it in the house, down the hall and right into the bathroom. The installation team was very courteous and well-prepared. They came in and assessed the situation as what they would have to do. They went back to the truck and got the necessary floor coverings and put them down. We had a real nice visit and they did a great job from start to finish.