Customer Reviews

4.71/5
based on 119 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

5.00/5

We bought the Celebrity walk in tub over 5 years ago. The installation was done in a few hours and the job looks today just like it did when the job was done. Our installers left the bathroom cleaner than when they went in I do believe. Those that 'borrow' the tub when staying with us are still impressed. We've used the tub almost daily and it still looks like new. After viewing a Premiere walk in tub our neighbor paid a lot more for, I'm sure we got the best product at the best price.

5.00/5

I saw that Independent Home makes their own products and their guarantee. The sales rep did a great job. He was really nice, polite, courteous and very knowledgeable. The installation team were superb and they tell exactly what was going on all the time. They had to cut a part of the wall out to get the tub in. And when they put that back, I can’t tell if it had been done. They knew what they're doing and did everything so meticulously, perfect, and they cleaned up. I would recommend it to anybody for the good job they did and how well they explained everything.

5.00/5

It was great with Independent Home all the way through. We went with them for our tub because I like the way that the sales was presented and gave me a lot of information. Getting the tub was something that we had thought about, but the sales rep had all the information available and facts about the other companies that was good as far as getting somebody else in for a second or third opinion. We talked about the model that would work for us, and it was everything that I had expected. Our tub's got the shower attachment, which is great. It also has the air bubbler, which works wonderfully. So, it was everything that I've wanted in a tub and I couldn't ask for anything more.

It was all good with the installation team. We were able to do the preset in our garage. It was a cold, nasty winter day when they were here, so that worked out great. The guys jumped right in and took over, and they got the old tub out and the new one in. They worked hard and had everything in and going by the end of the day. There wasn't a wasted moment at all, and by the time they were all done, we were ready to go. The tub has been perfect ever since then.

5.00/5

I told Independent Home what we needed and they chose the 2016 Acrylic Deluxe model for us. The guys that came and put it in were nice and professional. They had to make the bathroom door bigger. We had a sunken bathtub and they had to remove that and go down to the basement. They cleaned up and got everything out of the way. I'd rather not have somebody in my house doing things, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was noisy because they had to use saws, but it wasn't a bad experience. They let us know when they were coming and they made it as easy as possible.

5.00/5

In the beginning, I didn't care who I got the tub from. I called other people for the tub and made two or three appointments and they never showed up. But when I called Independent Home, they actually came out and showed up for the appointment to do an estimate so I went with them. The sales rep from Independent Home was great and nice. He explained everything to me and it worked out good. Then, the installation team was really great and they were all nice. It didn't take them till 12 o'clock at night to finish either. The guy explained everything to me and showed us how everything worked. They were also really neat and they fixed everything they tore up. Also, if anything goes wrong, there's a lifetime warranty on it. I can call him in and he'll have somebody close to come out.

I love the tub. I don't have to worry about picking my right leg up high to get in it and I like the seat and the jets in it. Everything worked out for me and even the shower worked good. They put something up where I could put the shower up and high like a regular shower instead of holding it in my hand and they put some bars up to hold on to. It's neat and I have tried to talk people into getting it.

5.00/5

The guy from American Standard was supposed to come out here but he called that day and said he didn’t wanna come and that tub would be expensive for us anyways. They didn't even ask us if we wanted it or not. Then right after that, this lady called from Independent Home and she sent a guy out the next day and we bought it. He was real nice. And so we just signed up with him and then we got our tub in a couple of weeks. The tub that we purchased got a shower, hot and cold water and air jets. It's a real nice tub. I really like it. The installation team were great. They did a good job and finished it up so it just looks really nice.

5.00/5

I looked at several different walk-in and specialty tub manufacturers and Independent Home had what I wanted. I had one guy come out to make an estimate. We had tile where the bathtub was and he was gonna rip it out, cut out the ceiling, both ends and the side and put plastic or fiberglass all up there. This guy putting it in said, "No, we don't wanna do that. We could take out about four inches above the tub, bust the tub out and leave the walls. Nice fancy tile up there."

The tub works great. I got no complaints against it other than it takes about 50 gallons. I had to have him come back out to reinstall the stool this morning because he used the old gasket where the stool hooks to the sewer pipe and it was seeping a little water. He came out and put a new beeswax ring in there and I think we got it fixed. Everything's about standard as far as everything. They put handles everywhere we needed them. They did a great job sealing it to the tile walls. No water leaks there. It's got the heated air blowing in there. It works fine.

The guy that came out and put it in from Independent Home was here on time. He didn't tear out my expensive tile walls that I had up there. He did a great job installing it in there, cleaned it up nice, left everything. I told him to leave the stool out there 'cause I was gonna store it. Everything went just like it was supposed to. And I had a good experience with them.

5.00/5

Yale and Jessica from Independent Home are incredible and an asset to your company. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our home walk-in tub with maintenance and installation. Thank you again and we will definitely recommend your company!

5.00/5

We are so pleased with the installation, service, and product that we received from Independent Home. Ari and his people were amazing. I love my new tub. I'm handicap and it was close to impossible for me to get in and out of a tub, but now with my new tub I'm in heaven. Ari came to my home gave me the best price ever. I had 4 other companies and their prices knock me out of my wheelchair. I found Ari & Independent Home off the web and his prices blew every other company out of the park. He was kind, funny and most important he meet every one of my needs.

His installer Tony omg he's the greatest. He explained everything he was doing, put drop cloths everywhere and cleaned up so well that you never knew he was working in my home. My dad was a contractor and in my eyes no one could come close, to his work, it was never good enough. I can honestly say & trust me I compare everyone's work to my dad's. Ari, Tony, & Independent Home left me speechless. I'm so happy, thank you so very much for all you done for me. You guys are the greatest!!!

5.00/5

We had a really nice bathtub setup and shower, but the guys from Independent Home were calling around about the bathtub. Then we happen to run into them down in Missouri. The rep gave us a price and we did it. The gentlemen that did the install were really efficient did a real good job. I would recommend them.

5.00/5

Out of all the tubs I researched, Independent Home seemed to be the only logical one to go with because their parts are made right here in the United States. So I figured that if we had a problem, we could get it taken care of a lot faster. It'd probably be a better deal. And when I talked to them, they were all very nice. The man that came to our house explained it all to us. We thought he was great and he did a good job. They also got us a finance plan that agreed with what we needed. We're enjoying the tub so far. I've had people who asked me about the tub because I put it on Facebook and I've recommended Independent Home.

5.00/5

I checked out Independent Home online and liked their price. I got the Acrylic Deluxe as it had all the features I wanted, and I love it. The purchasing experience was very good, and the installation was outstanding.

5.00/5

My boss has seen a commercial for walk-in tubs and he called the number. His son-in-law and son looked at all consumer reports and tried three different companies then they went with Independent Home because they had better comments. The salesman came in and stayed for quite some time. We had to wait for my boss's daughter and son-in-law to come back and they talked. He explained everything to all of us and then said, "Okay, you guys give me a call". Within that day, the son went ahead and called him and set it up. The two repair guys came the next day and it was pretty good. They came in and looked at all ways to get in and get out and really talked to us.

It was supposed to be done at one day but they actually couldn't finish until the second day because my boss had a lot of questions so they had to keep stopping the work and then go in there to talk to him. He talked about shutting the valve or seeing if they're gonna do this or that right. Then my boss's wife who has dementia was really worried about her pearl necklaces so she wouldn't stay out of the construction site. She kept going back there so we had to keep sitting in there with her and she wanted just to stare at them. I really felt bad for the poor guys but they handled it very good.

5.00/5

The Independent Home salesman who came by was very nice and upfront with everything. It was a good experience dealing with him. The price was one reason why I chose them. I got their biggest tub because I'm a big guy. We had an appointment with the installers but they called and confirmed that it was going to be on a certain time on a certain day. They called that morning before they came out to let me know they were on their way. There were interactions through the day if they or I had any questions. They answered my questions to my satisfaction. They were also courteous and they didn't hold back any information. We're happy with the performance of the tub. It's a good purchase and we're very satisfied.

5.00/5

Independent Home was the fastest to get back to me among other manufacturers. I bought cubicle model because I was limited on space and I love my tub. Purchasing the tub was a pretty good and painless experience. Though I would’ve liked to have gotten just a little bit more information, but I did get that from the contractor that put it in. He had a small space to work in and he didn’t complain once. He just took care of business, and he was great. I've already recommended Independent Home to several friends.

5.00/5

My existing tub was a very unusual and I was very impressed that they were able to put in a walk-in tub and I really enjoy it and I couldn't be happier.

5.00/5

I have fibromyalgia and I have a bad back and so does my husband. I saw that, and it looked like from what the people said on TV, that the walk-in tub from Independent Home might be the one that we would want. And I thought we would try and see and we liked the man that we talked to very much. He came out and measured and explained. We asked questions and he was very good. I was in such need, with so much pain, that the man got it installed a lot quicker than normal. He was wonderful. The men that installed it were very good too. I really like our tub very much. I just got out of the hospital two days ago and my legs are so bad. But I got in my bathtub yesterday and it helped so much.

5.00/5

I'm very well-pleased with my Independent Home walk-in tub. I got proposals from two other manufacturers, but I bought from Independent Home since they have a better price. I did some research and thought the hydrotherapy quality of the model I got was superior to others. I had a salesperson from Independent Home come out. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. I had a very good relationship with him. The installer was also very competent and did a good job. Everything went fine. They're very good, and I have no complaints.

4.00/5

My son had a gentleman redoing his kitchen and I asked him about the bathrooms. He said he didn't do that kind of work but he said he would pass my name onto Independent Home. Several days later we got a phone call and they asked if we're interested. I said we were and they came out. The salesman showed us all the features on it and we discussed everything, and the one I went with got the jets and the shower attachment. He was very knowledgeable and polite and his presentation was nice. It was a good experience from start to finish. It's working like it's supposed to and they did everything they were going to do. They were on time and did the job well. The bathroom looked nice when it was finished.

5.00/5

After receiving a couple of quotes from other companies I gave up on being able to afford a tub. Then I tried Independent Home. From the very first time I spoke with someone I felt at ease. I met with the salesman and it was the same feeling. The installers were wonderful as well. Courteous and respectful. My bathroom looks better than before and I love my tub.

4.00/5

It was the cost that made me choose to buy an Independent Home walk-in bathtub. We got one with just the bubble jets and also the whirlpool and it's a pleasurable purchasing experience. I had very little interaction with the installation team since I was still at work then, but my wife was at home and she said they were nice and pleasant.

5.00/5

My brother and I wanted to put in a bathtub with jets for my mother who is 92 years old. She has trouble walking, has a bad hip and is in constant pain. We interviewed a number of companies and then Ari came to moms home. We felt right at home with him. Not a pushy salesman. He listened, had no hidden costs and delivered what he promised. We call, he answers... We text, he answers. Terrific man... Terrific company.

5.00/5

The Independent Home rep showed us two models. We didn’t want to spend money for the more expensive one so we got the smaller one with the jets. The features it had worked wonders as we necessarily need it. Salesman was knowledgeable and pleasant. He was here on time and answered all our questions. The installer, Kevin, did the entire installation himself and did a wonderful job. He was the most amazing.

5.00/5

We bought this bathtub because it has jets and a seat, and everything on it. Purchasing the tub was really easy and the installation went great. Perfect!

5.00/5

Independent Home gave us a better deal, and we're satisfied with them. The overall purchasing process was very easy, and the people who came and install the tub were good. They were courteous, able to answer all my questions, and they left their work area clean.

5.00/5

I am not disabled nor in my golden years so many have asked why I purchased my celebrity series walk-in tub. I want to be ready for those golden years and I absolutely love my tub!! I regret not getting it sooner! I feel so much better after a long soak in this tub! It was installed in ONE day and very professionally done! Several people that visit come with their own towel and ask if they can use my tub! They love it too!! I highly recommend Independent Home if anyone is considering a purchase for a walk-in tub! They are friendly, professional and really care about their customers!! 10 stars!!!

5.00/5

I've told my daughter I was thinking about getting a walk-in tub. Independent Home had certain types of credits off of the amount and it was quite a large amount. When they came in the neighborhood, their salesperson shared information that there were different programs that can be costly. But he wasn't high-pressure or threatening. Other plumbers would put things in, add these other parts that need to be completed and a carpenter would come and do repairs or put everything else together again, but they said they would do all of the work including putting everything together, so I got a deal with that. I was very pleased with the presentation.

The way the young installer and his crew got the tub together was unbelievable. Installation was lengthy because I have an older house and he had to go to a depot store to get some other material, but he did it so well and it was done smoothly. They also have knowledge of the pipes. And because I have old pipes, I had some of it put in. I was highly impressed with the plumbing and getting it together, cleaning it and making it look so beautiful. I'm glad I got an Independent Home tub. When I take a bath with a regular tub, I run the water and then get in it. But this way, I sit and wait to get the water to come to me which gives me a moment to relax and wait for it to happen. I'm enjoying the hydro parts of it too, which is what I wanted. I've told some people about the tub and there have been some that appeared to be interested.

5.00/5

I’m in the medical field and I’m at home on oxygen 24/7. I initially bought the walk-in bathtub because I have a son who has right-side hemiparesis from a head injury. I don’t want him falling and he’s already fallen in a regular tub. I’d gotten an estimate that was outrageous several years ago and I didn’t feel like fooling around with a bunch of estimates so I decided to call Independent Home to see what they had. I knew what I had to spend and what I was willing to pay for and I got a tub that fit what I needed and the space I had. The installation team was a nice bunch of men. I’d recommend Independent Home to anybody who’s willing to put one in.

5.00/5

I had the salesman from Independent Home come out and I like what he said because they have one, too. He was very nice and did a good job. I've only had the tub for about a month now and though it took a little while to get used to it, I'm very happy with it. I would recommend Independent Home.