Customer Reviews

4.66/5
based on 78 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

As an educated consumer I have been accused of being obsessive about "doing my research". The fact that this purchase of a walk-in tub was for my mom made me be even more diligent. That's when I came across Independent Home online. From my initial call with Ari I felt at ease with his concern and desire to accommodate us with whatever we would need. He visited her home and I must say that this is where he belongs... In your home.

As a nurse I am sensitive to the fact that those in the "home care" world must have empathy... He listened intently to the details of mom's latest fall. He picked up right away on my anxiety given the fact that I live out of town and am trying to do whatever I can to make her home as safe as possible. His calm, caring demeanor allowed me to be able to hear all the information he was sharing with me. After a few minutes with his tape measure he laid out a plan for us. I never felt pressured or uncomfortable with the decisions I needed to make regarding the tub model that we chose.

On installation day my "crew", Riaz, Roberto and Brian, showed up at the door ready and prepared for the day. I was taken back by their care and respect for my mother's home... not the usual with my experience with contractors/installers. They listened to me, listened to Ari who had spoken with them before they came and did not stop working for the entire time they were here!! The ancillary concerns I had when I initially met with Ari were carried out by the crew to a T. Roberto went over everything with me during the demonstration of the tub operation and I was thrilled with the entire experience. If you don't choose Independent Home for your tub purchase and installation I wish you luck. 5 stars does not say enough. Thank you so much IH... Please consider this review a verbal hug!!!

4.00/5

I enjoy my Independent walk-in bathtub. I like that you can just sit down and take a bath, without being afraid you’re going to fall. The installers were courteous and cleaned up after themselves.

5.00/5

Some young man came out and talked to me about Independent Home. He was from Mobile and an Auburn Graduate. He was very nice, very informative and knew all about the product. The installer who came was also very good, very accommodating and did really pretty work. I needed something to give me some balance and the walk-in tub solved the problem.

4.00/5

Independent Home's walk-in tubs were a bit cheaper than some companies. I decided to buy from them a specific model that caught my eye. I wrote the man a check and hadn’t had any buying problem with it. The installation team got here by 8:00 that morning and left at 6:00. They did a very good job of putting it here. I like the idea and wanted that type of tub. It was easy to get in and out of it. I don't have to climb up over the side to get in there.

5.00/5

We purchased a tub about 2 weeks ago and could not be more pleased. The tub is everything we had hoped for and more. The installers (Jerry and his 2 sons) completed the installation in one day and were so professional and helpful. They explained everything perfectly and even left a phone number if we needed anything or had any questions. We are VERY satisfied. Thank you!

5.00/5

We moved into our house and my mother wants to stay downstairs. Her bathroom was old and we were going to re-do it. My husband said that we'd look at the walk-in bathtubs. I did a quick search and started looking. We talked with Independent Home reps. They were wonderful and did an amazing job. They were also local to the area and I like dealing with those companies. If there are problems, I can call them back and they'll fix it the next day. The guy who came out was super nice and he lived not far from us. Also, the installers were amazing.

The tub is a really good product and it fits in the space nicely with everything we wanted. It also has a good warranty which is good for five years. They were telling me about a lady who called at Thanksgiving whose daughter dropped a razor down it by accident and they came out that evening and fixed it. Overall, we've had a really good experience with Independent Home. I am extremely happy with how everything went and I have recommended them to a friend.

5.00/5

We're getting up in advanced years and because of health reasons, it's more difficult for us to take an ordinary sit-down bath. After getting some mail from different companies that have the walk-in bathtub, we chose to go with Independent Home. Buying a bathtub from them was an easy process. They called and we chose a convenient time for the representative to come. 15 minutes before the representative arrived, he called and said he was on his way. He was here on time and was very courteous. He made his presentation then we sat down to discuss the price and it was very reasonable.

One of the main things on our decision, we had another company out, and they had made their presentation. But at the end of their presentation, they informed me that I was going to have to install a 50-gallon water heater. And when I asked this man about it, he said we won't have to install a bigger water heater. So he measured and said that the bathtub will go right through the door. It was a very easy installation as far as bringing it in the house, down the hall and right into the bathroom. The installation team was very courteous and well-prepared. They came in and assessed the situation as what they would have to do. They went back to the truck and got the necessary floor coverings and put them down. We had a real nice visit and they did a great job from start to finish.

5.00/5

I don't get around very good anymore and can't get in and out of the bathtub, so I got a walk-in bathtub and I like it. I chose Independent Home because of its price. It was easy to purchase from them, and the installation team did a good job.

5.00/5

Greg from the Independent Home dealer was very good. He sent me all the stuff through email and answered any questions I had. Ozzy, who did the installing, was absolutely wonderful and had a great personality. The gentleman who helped him, Joe, was good too. They got a little bit earlier than they thought but everything went smooth. Ozzy even went out his way to make sure everything’s safe. I have also referred a friend who's remodeling and she's going to contact Independent Home to get the bathtub.

5.00/5

I just turned 84 and it was getting too hard for me to lift my legs up to get into my tub. I've been getting literature in the mail about walk-in bathtubs, mainly from Independent Home, and I showed this to my daughter. My daughter said, "Mother, you can afford it. Get it." So, I got a walk-in bathtub from Independent Home and I love it. I got it for health reasons and, with my handicap, to make it easy for me to get into the tub. Purchasing the tub was very easy. I just called the dealer and they took my credit card information. They told me when they'd see me about the tub and they showed up when they said they would. The guys that installed the tub were very nice. Everything went well and I had a great experience with Independent Home.

5.00/5

I've seen walk-in tubs back in magazines for years. But at that time, my wife and I had good knees and hips. It was something that would be nice to have, but I don't need it. It got where both of us are having difficulties with joints. I decided to get one. Independent Home’s salesman came in and we’d bat the breeze. He was a likeable guy. The other outfit was American Standard and their salesman was the gnarliest and nastiest guy in the world. If we didn't go along with his feel, he would give dirty looks and acts upset. We knew we wanted the tub but Independent Home’s salesman made the difference. In terms of my dealing with the installation team, it was great. There were two guys who showed up. The door jammed to the casing around the door and they put all that back. They cleaned up and were courteous. They were very professional and did it in a very short period of time.

My wife uses it all the time but I don’t think I need it yet, although it does have a shower. But I sat at it one time and it felt good. She gets leg cramps, and sometimes she has to get up in the night. She will go sit in that tub, do its thing and she says it helps her. It’s great. It looks like a little higher quality chrome, doesn’t have any leaks in the bottom and no junk falling off. I weigh 300 pounds and when I step on it, I don't feel it sag where I stand. It feels like it's pretty well-built. My wife is pleased with it, and when she does, it means my life gets a lot better. I had a good experience and I would recommend it.

5.00/5

Scott and Barb were very efficient, they know the product and features. The installation procedure went very well. They keep everything clean, they do a great job. Nice people and we would recommend them 100%. Salesman Dave ** was very knowledgeable and manager Bryan ** was very helpful. I think we will be very happy with our new walk-in tub.

5.00/5

A guy from Independent Home came by to see us. We’ve had a good experience buying the tub from the dealer who was a nice person. Also, the purchasing process was pretty easy. The installer was nice and courteous too. He was able to answer any question that I had.

5.00/5

I got a walk-in tub from Independent Home. The sales rep came out and talked to us about it and we got what we wanted. The installers came and built it in. I read the information and how to use it. Overall, I'm satisfied with everything.

4.00/5

We got a standard walk-in tub from Independent Home. The salesman, Rodney, was very good, helpful and worked with us a great deal in terms of accommodating our schedule. For my wife, who has a Parkinson's, even if she didn't take a soaking bath, giving her a shower with her sitting down in there and me not having to bend way over is a really nice feature of a walk-in tub. It makes it easy for me to do that.

5.00/5

Independent Home is the best. I have called a lot of different companies about walk-in bathtubs and somebody from them called me back. The dealer that I spoke with was great and their installers were very good as well. Everything was fine.

5.00/5

When I purchased a tub from Independent Home, it was easy. I like the ease of getting in and out and that it fit in the space that we had. There was no problem during the installation and we’ve had the tub for four months now. I would recommend Independent Home if my friends were considering it.

5.00/5

I have neuropathy and I'm trying to get my feet to feel something so I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. Independent Home was the first one to call and so they were the one that got the deal. Everybody was nice and considerate at Independent Home. The installation team was also really good. They were courteous and showed me how the walk-in bathtub works. So far, it's been good. I'd advise other people to use Independent Home as well.

4.00/5

The Independent Home salesman was a local Montana guy who lives in Helena and he seemed real nice. He came, sat, talked to us about the tub, and gave us a final price on it. We gave him a downpayment and it was an easy purchasing process. They set up an installation date and were on time. They came, installed the tub, and get out of here about 6:00 that night. They hauled away all the garbage and everything else and cleaned up their mess when they got done. It was a tremendous experience.

5.00/5

I am disabled and can’t get in and out of a bathtub. I went on the computer and I liked what I saw so I called Independent Home. The installers did what they were supposed to do. They made the walk-in bathtub look nice up in the bathroom and cleaned up after themselves. I've talked to some of my friends that are seniors like I am about the tub and I would recommend them to friends.

4.00/5

I kept complaining to my husband that the step in our walk-in tub was too high. So he found out about Independent Home's Walk-in Bathtubs. They came out and gave us an estimate. When the gentleman came, I told him that the old step was too high and he agreed with me. I had an accident before so I don’t have the total ability to step up a little higher to get in and out of the tub. But now it's much easier to step into the tub and I also enjoyed it. The guys that installed the bathtub were good, kind and considerate.

5.00/5

Independent Home had a tub dimension I wanted. It's the smallest one they make. We had a huge 80-gallon bathtub. We never used it since it was hard to get in and out of and it created water shortage when you fill it. I wanted to get rid of that. I ended up with the jacuzzi. The walk-in tub was a secondary thing. My wife has some arthritis in her back and didn't like leaning over to put her makeup on and I wanted to create a space to put a sit-down counter for her to put her makeup on. So, I wanted to have a minimum sized walk-in tub.

The tub worked fine and they did an excellent job installation-wise. When we took the tub out, a marble wall panel was created to put around it. It looks excellent. I purchased it directly from Independent Home. I called the factory, made sure they could put the sides and ends on it to accommodate the way I wanted to turn it. I worked directly with the factory. They sent the installer out. The guy was very easy to work with and understood what I wanted to accomplish. He did a good job and cleaned up after they left. And I'm very satisfied with it.

5.00/5

I had my shower changed to a garden style tub. I wanted to get something that I could use to a better experience than a walk-in shower, where I can soak in and bathe. Their two installers were great and they did a good job. They had the old one out and the new one in within three hours. They also took their time to go over everything with me. They made sure I knew how to operate the tub.

5.00/5

I met a good man who came to the house and explained a whole lot of things about Independent Home. During the installation, it took the installers eight hours to put the walk-in tub in which was good. They knew what they were doing and everything was all right. I'd recommend them to anybody.

5.00/5

It was great with Independent Home all the way through. We went with them for our tub because I like the way that the sales was presented and gave me a lot of information. Getting the tub was something that we had thought about, but the sales rep had all the information available and facts about the other companies that was good as far as getting somebody else in for a second or third opinion. We talked about the model that would work for us, and it was everything that I had expected. Our tub's got the shower attachment, which is great. It also has the air bubbler, which works wonderfully. So, it was everything that I've wanted in a tub and I couldn't ask for anything more.

It was all good with the installation team. We were able to do the preset in our garage. It was a cold, nasty winter day when they were here, so that worked out great. The guys jumped right in and took over, and they got the old tub out and the new one in. They worked hard and had everything in and going by the end of the day. There wasn't a wasted moment at all, and by the time they were all done, we were ready to go. The tub has been perfect ever since then.

5.00/5

I told Independent Home what we needed and they chose the 2016 Acrylic Deluxe model for us. The guys that came and put it in were nice and professional. They had to make the bathroom door bigger. We had a sunken bathtub and they had to remove that and go down to the basement. They cleaned up and got everything out of the way. I'd rather not have somebody in my house doing things, but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was noisy because they had to use saws, but it wasn't a bad experience. They let us know when they were coming and they made it as easy as possible.

5.00/5

In the beginning, I didn't care who I got the tub from. I called other people for the tub and made two or three appointments and they never showed up. But when I called Independent Home, they actually came out and showed up for the appointment to do an estimate so I went with them. The sales rep from Independent Home was great and nice. He explained everything to me and it worked out good. Then, the installation team was really great and they were all nice. It didn't take them till 12 o'clock at night to finish either. The guy explained everything to me and showed us how everything worked. They were also really neat and they fixed everything they tore up. Also, if anything goes wrong, there's a lifetime warranty on it. I can call him in and he'll have somebody close to come out.

I love the tub. I don't have to worry about picking my right leg up high to get in it and I like the seat and the jets in it. Everything worked out for me and even the shower worked good. They put something up where I could put the shower up and high like a regular shower instead of holding it in my hand and they put some bars up to hold on to. It's neat and I have tried to talk people into getting it.

5.00/5

The guy from American Standard was supposed to come out here but he called that day and said he didn’t wanna come and that tub would be expensive for us anyways. They didn't even ask us if we wanted it or not. Then right after that, this lady called from Independent Home and she sent a guy out the next day and we bought it. He was real nice. And so we just signed up with him and then we got our tub in a couple of weeks. The tub that we purchased got a shower, hot and cold water and air jets. It's a real nice tub. I really like it. The installation team were great. They did a good job and finished it up so it just looks really nice.

5.00/5

I looked at several different walk-in and specialty tub manufacturers and Independent Home had what I wanted. I had one guy come out to make an estimate. We had tile where the bathtub was and he was gonna rip it out, cut out the ceiling, both ends and the side and put plastic or fiberglass all up there. This guy putting it in said, "No, we don't wanna do that. We could take out about four inches above the tub, bust the tub out and leave the walls. Nice fancy tile up there."

The tub works great. I got no complaints against it other than it takes about 50 gallons. I had to have him come back out to reinstall the stool this morning because he used the old gasket where the stool hooks to the sewer pipe and it was seeping a little water. He came out and put a new beeswax ring in there and I think we got it fixed. Everything's about standard as far as everything. They put handles everywhere we needed them. They did a great job sealing it to the tile walls. No water leaks there. It's got the heated air blowing in there. It works fine.

The guy that came out and put it in from Independent Home was here on time. He didn't tear out my expensive tile walls that I had up there. He did a great job installing it in there, cleaned it up nice, left everything. I told him to leave the stool out there 'cause I was gonna store it. Everything went just like it was supposed to. And I had a good experience with them.

5.00/5

Yale and Jessica from Independent Home are incredible and an asset to your company. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our home walk-in tub with maintenance and installation. Thank you again and we will definitely recommend your company!