Customer Reviews

4.69/5
based on 192 ratings
Read more reviews
5.00/5

We’ve been talking about getting a walk-in bath tub for a couple of years. Then we saw Independent Home in the magazine and it sounded good, so we called them and they called us back. We ended up getting the top of the model. We’re getting older and it’s easier to get in and out of. We don’t have to stand up in the shower to slip and fall. It’s also easy to work with and it fills up and empties fast. Plus, the air jets make it so much more soothing inside the tub. When it was installed, the reps who came out were fantastic. They introduced themselves and explained to us what they were going to do. Then they put down covers so they wouldn’t mess up our carpet in order to get to the bathroom it was going into. They went over with my husband exactly where they were going to set it, how they were going to build the wall, and asked if that was okay with him. We couldn’t ask for better workers. We’d recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Salesman was fine, wasn't pushy. The installers work very fast and efficient. Did a great job, never seen two people work so great together and how fast they done the job. I cannot wait to try out my new tub.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The salesmans was a nice fellow and the installers (DJ and Tim) was nice and polite and do very good work and would recommend this company to anybody. I can't wait to test my tub out and see how well it helps me.

5.00/5

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My husband is disabled. When Independent Home had called me, I had an interest, so they came out and talked to us. They were more affordable than the others plus they offered financing, which helped. I had no problems talking to the reps. They answered everything straightforward. Also, the installers were good, professional and well-prepared. They knew what they were doing and we were pleased. We love the walk-in shower that we got. It is very accessible for my husband to get in and out of. It’s roomier, it feels a whole lot better than what we had, and we like all the features on it. I would highly recommend Independent Home to others. Independent Home delivers what they promise and things are done in a timely manner.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Independent Home called for me and made an appointment to talk about the tubs and the benefits. I called my son and he came down. We both went through the program with the salesman who came and my son seemed to think it was good for me. At that time, I was getting afraid to get into my tub. I was afraid I was gonna slip and fall. The walk-in tub I chose seemed like a really good deal and it was what I needed. My son also agreed with me so I went ahead and got it. The installation went really well too. In about a day and a half, the tub was in and they were through. The team was very good and I'm very satisfied with the tub. Now, I can get in and take a shower, and not be afraid to fall. It's been a great experience.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I had no problem purchasing my tub from Independent Home. It was an easy process. Also, the installation team was very nice. There were two people and it took two days. I had a tub that has the shower and jacuzzi installed and the quality of work seems to be very good. The tub feels comfortable and safe and if anyone asks Independent Home, I would tell them to go for it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My late wife was in a bad condition and we could hardly get her in the shower, so we got the Independent Home tub. Two girls did the installation and they were really good. They were all fuzzy about everything and they did a good job. The tub was good for my wife and we both liked it. It was easy to get in and out of and it looked really nice too. We were happy with it. Everything turned out really nice. I’d recommend Independent Home.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I got a call from Independent Home and since I was in contact with them, I decided to purchase from them lower-cost walk-in tub because the only difference between that and the others was that it didn't have all the bell and whistles, which I didn't need. The purchasing experience was very nice. The salesman who came explained everything and seemed like a nice person. The installation team went around their business and took care of everything. And if they had a question, I was here so all went fine. They did it in one day and left no mess. It all went smoothly like they said it would and all I had to do was write a check. I'd recommend Independent Home to anyone.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We got a call from a guy from Independent Home who wanted to come out the next day and he did. He talked to us and didn't sell us anything that we didn't want. The price was right and it had everything that we really wanted. That's why we went with them. We live in a double-wide trailer, and it was gonna be a really big job to get it in our bathroom. So, we told them to cut the Sheetrock and slid it in from our den, and that was what they did. Then they put the Sheetrock back. It has a crack on it, but it’s not really that bad and noticeable. The installation went well and they cleaned up after. The tub has this feature where it can massage your feet with just the air blowing around your feet. It will start blowing real hard and then it'll settle down a little bit. Then, it will come back again with a surge. They also put some aromatherapy on it. We love it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I like Independent Home and I've put the word out for them too. it is a great company and they have a great crew working for them. I purchased the tub due to my health problems. I’ve had back surgery and I have serious problems with my legs. And the gentleman who came out was very forthcoming and patient. He walked through the whole process with me and there was no pushing. When he came back to do some additional caulking, he even stopped at Walmart and picked up a shower curtain and a curtain rod. He didn’t have to do that but he did and he even hung those for me. The guy was fantastic.

The installers were very good also. They laid down stuff so they didn’t track through the house and they cleaned up after themselves. Plus they were very careful not to bang stuff around. I was very impressed with the whole process. The tub has been a big plus for me too. It’s been a big relief for legs and backs. As a matter of fact, my brother used the tub while he was here and he enjoyed it as well. He has diabetes and he used it a couple of times. He very much liked it.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I'm 83 years old and I was falling in my regular tub and slipping up in it. I didn't want to hurt myself, so I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. I was trying to get the cheapest way out and went with Independent Home. Now, I don't have to worry about slipping like I would in a regular tub. I'm real pleased with the tub and I’m enjoying it. I would recommend Independent Home 100%.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

It had a quadruple bypass operation and the hospital people kept pressing me to not get in and out of a tub without someone with me because I could fall. They made me so afraid of taking a tub bath. I had two tubs but I was terrified. I didn't take a bath and I just hand washed at the sink for a month. So, I decided to get a walk-in bathtub. Somebody from Independent Home came here to tell us about their tub and then, somebody came a couple of weeks later to put it in which was wonderful. The installer would stop to explain things, then we understood and left but the installation was so smooth and it was all done in one day. We came back later to put the holder up for the soaps and it was perfect! I didn't think I'd like that little wire thing holding the shower head but I've learned to adjust to it beautifully.

The first time I stepped into the tub, I thought it was a little high inside because it's higher than the floor but I love the tub! I can now take a shower without anybody around. I had independence. I can't just take a shower when I wanted to before. I had to have somebody there but now, I got a lot of freedom from being stuck on other people and their timing. The Independent Home tub was well worth every penny.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Neither Kirk nor I could get in and out of our old tub anymore. We consulted Independent Home and their sales representative came out to the house. He was very friendly and helpful, and gave us all the information that we needed. We liked the walk-in bathtub that they offered and we decided to go ahead and buy one. We got the biggest tub model they had. The two installers were very efficient and did a great job. They told us the installation would take up to nine hours, but they finished the job in six and a half hours. Everything looks very nice and we’re very happy with the tub. I would purchase a tub from Independent Home again in a heartbeat.

5.00/5

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My husband is gonna be 80 next year and I’m gonna be 79. The jacuzzi tub we have is a really big one and it’s surrounded by a deck in the bathroom. At our age, getting in and out of that tub is difficult. So, we looked into getting a walk-in tub as a safety factor. We figured we could put that in so we could sit down to take a bath or we could stand up or sit down to take a shower.

Independent Home contacted us last year, but we weren’t ready to buy a tub then. I told them to give us a call later this year and that was what they did. We told them what space we had. We have a 5-piece bathroom with a jacuzzi tub, a separate toilet, double sinks, and a separate shower. The tub would take the place of the shower. The space we had for the shower was four feet long, so the tub had to fit into that space since that was the only place we could put it in. We bought a 48-inch tub as that was exactly what we had room for. Then we got our tub in 48 hours.

The installation went very smoothly. The installers not only installed a new tub but installed a new hot water heater as well. There were two guys working on removing the old water heater and installing the new one, and there were three guys consisting of an electrician, a plumber, and a supervisor working on the tub. Afterwards, they cleaned up everything and took out the old shower and the tile surround. They did an outstanding job and did it all in one day. I would certainly recommend Independent Home to anybody. They did a fantastic job.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

We had talked about getting a walk-in tub off and on and my wife heard about Independent Home. Purchasing from them was very easy to do. The installation took one day and the techs were very nice and courteous. The bathroom was spotless after they were done. They did a fabulous job.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Independent Home's purchasing process was very easy. I could either pay it off all the way, in six months or without interest for 18 months. My interaction with their installation team went very well. They installed the walk in tub perfectly and we're very much satisfied with it. However, I've had a knee surgery so I haven’t been able to use it for the last four weeks. Nevertheless, I’d highly recommend them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

We got a call from an Independent Home rep and I liked how how the rep handled the phone call, the unit's price and that they're guaranteed for a lifetime. The salesman thought that the model type that we got was a good one for us. And it seemed to have exactly what we wanted. The installation team had a terrible time the first week that they came to deliver and install. They had a car accident and the tub was totally destroyed so they had to reorder it. They came back a week later and they installed the tub in a matter of hours. They did an excellent work and they did exactly what we needed and wanted. I would recommend Independent Home. In fact, I tell others to give them a try and see if it will work for them.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We liked the Independent Home walk-in tub's price and the rep's speeches so we decided to go with them. Everything about the installation was good. We had a nice experience overall. Eugene is enjoying the walk-in tub.

5.00/5

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I got a tub from Independent Home which has a handheld shower that can be put up for a regular shower. The water jets are small but rather powerful when we use it. It's about a 6-inch step to get in the shower and for me, since I am somewhat handicapped, it's easier to get in than out. But other than that, I like the tub very well and I like the features which I can use in various different ways.

The interaction I had with the rep was very pleasant and he was convincing that the tub was the kind to buy. He seemed to know what he was talking about and since we got it, we believe him still. The installation team was also very pleasant and seemed to be an expert in their knowledge of what to do. It only took four to five hours for them to complete the installation which included removing and replacing the old tub, shower and commode. They also had to take the door in the bathroom off and reverse it so it'd open a different way. All in all, it was an excellent job when it got finished.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The installers (Dean & Alex) were very polite and very efficient with the work of installing the new tub/shower. The manner in which the job was done was excellent. I would recommend them to anyone that needs a walk-in spa.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I got a call about walk-in bathtubs but I was thinking about it already. The guy from Independent Home was very thorough and I was impressed with his presentation. They sent two ladies out for the installation who were so professional and sweet. I was so pleased with them. I’ll be 86 in November and I had to make do with a shower for years so I’m enjoying the walk-in tub every day.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

My wife has to go to a masseuse and a chiropractor and I thought about buying an Independent Home tub with hydrotherapy, so it would help her. The dealer was nice and during installation the guy was here when he was scheduled for. I just stayed out of his way and he got it done in 2 days. They did a good job and they cleaned up after themselves. The shower is what I used mostly and it was a little small. I don’t have much space on it but it did work here.

4.00/5

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought an Independent Home tub and I had a really good experience with the dealer I bought it from. Its installation went really well. I got a few scratches in the house because the crew had to move the big tub around, but that was expected. They were in a hurry to get back to Missouri, though, so they weren't able to patch that up. I've got the air and the bubbles from the jets in my tub. My daughter-in-law says I should charge the people who take a bath in there.

5.00/5

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and my spine is deteriorating. I've seen Independent Home in the healthcare accessories store and it has hydrotherapy. The installer was friendly. He had my other tub out and the new tub and floor put in very quickly. He cleaned up every night and took all the stuff away, and I had nothing to do. He went out of his way to get things done and make us happy. I couldn't think of anybody that would have done it any better or any nicer. We were just very pleased with the whole thing. I love my tub and get in it every night.

4.00/5

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

When I got a call from an Independent Home salesman, I told him to come and talk to me because I was interested and I had been looking at different products. He came and I liked him very much. He was very nice and not pushy. He gave me the information I requested. I told him at that time that I might not be doing it for a while and he told me that it was perfectly all right. He then asked that I keep the information and when I'm ready, to just give them a call and they'll come and talk to me. Eventually, we decided to go ahead with it. The men who came to install the smaller model bathtub were excellent. They were very polite, they tried not to disturb us and they cleaned up after themselves. They came, did everything they had to do and were out in a day. They even kept in touch with me. So far, the bathtub is fine and I like it very much. Everything looks great.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I love the tub! I like the spa the best because we've got six acres and after working outside, I take a shower upstairs, get things organized in the house then I'm like, "Okay, it's spa time. Don't disturb me.” I have my music and drinks. Aside from that, the gentleman who had come from Independent Home was also wonderful. He just sold us. I had seen the walk-in tub ads on TV but I like something more personable and it was like we had known the gentleman all our lives. He was very down to earth and straight to the point. He was also wonderful about answering any questions and what our concerns were. The installers were wonderful too. Those were good old country boys and that's what I like. They showed us how it worked and they were excellent.

5.00/5

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Jay was very courteous, explained everything, very good work ethic. Communication was excellent. Very pleased from start to finish. You should keep this guy! He is great! We love our new walk in shower. Will recommend to our friends.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The installers were very professional. We were kept informed as to what was happening and what the next steps in the process would be. Now that it is completed the shower looks great. We need to wait a couple days to use but we are looking forward to enjoying it for many years.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

When I spoke to Independent Home's charming salesman, everything went well. We tested their walk-in tub models and we took it. Their installation team was wonderful. They were able to take the old tub out and reinstall another in one day. It was amazing. So far, our experience with the walk-in tub has been very good, but I don't like to sit there that long during hot times. Still, I'm happy I have it.

5.00/5

Original review: July 26, 2018

Jason and Josh were very pleasant. They came on time and worked hard and very fast. They cleaned up very well the whole time they were here. The spa looks great and will be a wonderful and safe addition to our home. We can't wait to use it.