2. Travel

Sandals Resorts
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

Sandals Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: May 1, 2020

In January of 2020 my fiancé and I booked a trip to one of our favorite places, Sandal Ochi. Let everything else in the world, Sandals decide to close all of their resorts due to Covid-19. I thought it was nice that they reached out to me via email to let me know that our trip would be impacted. When they called, I felt pressured to reschedule my trip vice request a refund. When I finally did get a word in and requested my refund the agents whole attitude changed. It’s like I went from “prized customer” to “enemy”. They stated someone would call me the next day with my cancellation information which they did.

The first agent called and let me know that the resort room has been canceled and the amount that would be refunded and all was good. The second agent called and told me “I” would have to pay a $200 cancellation fee even though they closed the resort, effectively cancelling my vacation. I said, "Whatever, just get me my money back." That was on March 24th. On April 1st I received the amount charged for the resort room back on my credit card.

The week of April 13th I noticed that the airfare had still not refunded so I started calling them. Was placed on hold for 45 minutes then hung up on. Called back and ask for a call back via automated system, never received. It took six (6) calls before speaking to a human only to be told “it is marked for processing in the system but there is a delay”. It is now May 1st and the called back last night only to be hung up on, again. Ask for call back and you guessed it, not received. Got through this morning and guess what, that refund is still in processing in their system. Nobody knows when I will receive my refund. Very poor customer service.

Original review: April 27, 2020

This is my first negative review ever recorded. I can't express enough how disappointed we are with this organization. My finance was charged for extra room for a 7-day stay at their Exuma location due to a mistake/miscommunication made by the Wedding team ($5,600 value). We initially put a deposit down on the website and relayed the information to the wedding coordinator via phone to be held under the wedding block. We found out 8 months later that this never happened and were charged for both the website + an additional wedding block room; over $12,000 for one trip to attend a family member's wedding.

We've been attempting to get this issue resolved starting before COVID began and have made absolutely no progress; over 1 1/2 months of continuous calling/emailing. This message has been "sent to management for review" and is still being investigated by the wedding team to this date. The wedding supervisor is fighting us on this issue saying we should've cancelled one of the rooms and they don't see any email proving our requests. This is unacceptable customer service and business practices. We will never attend a Sandals resort/affiliation again after this is sorted out and will spread the news of our frustrations without hesitation. This is the worst organization we've ever dealt with. To be continued...

Original review: April 13, 2020

We are loyal Sandals/Beaches customers and we’re informed that the resort was closing as of March 31. Our trip on April 13 was impacted by their closure. As soon as I found out of the closure I began calling. I couldn’t get through then when I did was hung up on over 10 times. We finally reached someone and were told they would not give a refund that we requested because their cancellation policy states no refunds if less than 30 days before travel. However, the cancellation policy states if the guest cancels then no refunds. We didn’t cancel, the resort shut down making it physically impossible to go.

They would not provide anything in writing stating we were not getting a refund due to the resort closing. The customer service person was unprofessional and not willing to transfer us to a manager. I have probably spent more than 10 hours on the phone asking for a refund or some sort of documentation regarding the policy if the resort closes to no avail. Absolutely horrible...this is a complete scam and a rip off!!! I will never set foot on any of their properties again!!

Original review: April 7, 2020

We had to cancel our Babymoon (scheduled during late March) due to COVID-19. We were so excited to experience Sandals and were devastated to cancel/move our trip. We have worked with many other travel companies during this time and we understand the strain and problems COVID is causing. Every company we have worked with has been understanding, prompt, and professional. However, Sandals has treated us absolutely terribly. Over the past 2 months we have been on hold with Sandals consecutively for over 8 hours, hung up on over 7 times, told conflicting information and "promises," charged without any notice or explanation, and treated terribly by customer service.

We have tried to be very compassionate and understanding during this time, however, Sandals has been completely unprofessional and has made our experience stressful and a nightmare. I would not recommend this company to anyone - although we would have LOVED to be loyal customers we are now telling our businesses, family, and friends to never stay with this company. We have lost so much money, time and our Babymoon (which we would gladly reschedule) has become a nightmare. We are currently STILL trying to rebook our dates and have been hung up on 3 times already today.

Original review: April 6, 2020

They are rude. They are short. They do not care about people. They only care about money. They wasted my time and stole 1800$ from me. I would not recommend them to anyone, ever! Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Due to the Covid 19, Sandals closed and our trip was cancelled--instead of doing the right thing, they are requiring us to use our trip insurance to get our money back since I didn't know when we could reschedule--will NEVER visit again.

Original review: March 20, 2020

So my husband and I were to travel St Lucia on March 30. With this Coronavirus Pandemic, our country (USA) stated that if we travel outside the USA during this time we would most likely not be let back in to the Country. With that said I started to call Sandals Resorts immediately to get our reservation changed to a later date. I have literally called the 1-888-SANDALS number over 60 times. It states that the next available rep will be available within 10 minutes. Literally, at the 5 min mark, they ask for our number to call us back at a later date (in which they have not) and then it auto kicks you out. I figured I would call the actual resort too. They gave me the runaround and sent me right back to the web department.

When asked why their reservation department couldn't help us, they said because it was a different department and they couldn't access our account even though he said he could see it o this screen. This is beyond maddening. I also asked what if I can't get a hold of someone before our travel date... will I be out the $10,000+ we have spent for this vacation... He was not able to answer that question. I understand that there is a lot going on but over 60 times and not one person can call us back or answer the phone... After this trip... that is if we can reschedule, we will never be going to this resort ever again. Oh and don't waste your money on travel insurance... Pandemics aren't covered... that was waste of $300.

Original review: March 18, 2020

My fiancee and I have been planning our destination wedding for months and opted to pay for over 2K in wedding amenities to make our occasion special. Unfortunately for us Corona virus has been classified as a global pandemic and as a result we are very apprehensive to travel outside of the US at this time due to the potential of virus transmission, flight cancellations and potential of being stranded in Jamaica.

The United States Government has advised suspension of discretionary travel so we made plans to reschedule the vacation for later date and instead marry in the states; thus negating the need for the wedding amenities at Sandals. That said we contacted Sandals on two separate occasions to discuss our refund or receipt of credit that could be used towards the rescheduled vacation and was told that the $ paid was non-refundable. I find this absolutely unacceptable and will use every avenue at my disposal to expose Sandals for its blatant disregard to doing what is in the best interest of its customers to ensure their safety. I simply want a more reasonable response from Sandals in understanding this is a pandemic situation and therefore standard policies and procedures should not apply.

Original review: March 17, 2020

We booked a trip in January to go to Sandals Royal Bahamian mid April. Due to the Corona virus pandemic and the impending restrictions on travel, we decided to cancel the trip. We were more than 30 days from departure so we were entitled to a full refund (by the way we also purchased the travel insurance but it's worthless in this case and many others).

We tried repeatedly to contact customer service, but they never answered the phone. The initial message is "your wait is less than 10 minutes" but after 5 minutes a new message says something to the effect - due to high call volume please provide a number to call back and we'll call you shortly. They never call back. I tried 5 times. Then I called back but this time selected the option to make a reservation. Guess what - they answer immediately! I explained the issue to the person and asked him if he could deal with my issue. He said he had to transfer me to the cancellation department. Another black hole. I was on hold for another hour before I gave up for the day in frustration. I believe this is a deliberate strategy on their part to avoid giving a full refund. Beware!

Original review: March 11, 2020

Sandals is very much commercialized and they do not care about the customer once your money is paid to them. Our excursion was canceled less than 24 hours in advance due to them not getting one extra person. Instead of paying the extra $150 for the person who cancelled, they changed our entire schedule for the week and rebooked our excursion 3 days later. We were unable to book a new excursion due to the late notice and were unable to book another excursion for the day they changed it to- leaving us with one excursion for the whole week. We also paid $8,000 to be there but were “not eligible for room service”. We will be staying at other resorts from now on that offer much better customer service for the money.

Sandals Resorts Company Information