Sandals Resorts

Caribbean Chain

3.7/5 (128 ratings)

About Sandals Resorts

Sandals Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sandals & Beaches Resorts?

Original review: June 20, 2022

Greetings from Memphis, TN. My husband, Carlos ** and I stayed at your property in Bungalow 4111 and my sister and her husband Terry ** stayed in Bungalow 4118. We had internet issues and could not use the loop in the app before leaving the property however we wanted you to know about some exceptional employees.

Jan the Butler was amazing and she was just as much a part of our vacation as the room and the property. Jan does everything with a Spirit of Excellence and has an eye for details which makes her an exceptional employee. I have managed employees for over 20 years and I know Jan would make an amazing trainer/supervisor. She can teach others how to make guests feel like they are the only VIP and their needs and wants are the most important to you.

She does that each and every day that she shows up. She deserves honor because of her we will visit another Sandals resort and we are even considering coming back to South Coast all because of her service. She made us feel like it was her privilege to serve us. The property is amazing and if you never leave the property your vacation will be memorable due to all the amenities. This property is definitely something out of a romance novel.

Original review: June 10, 2022

We have been planning this trip for over a year and it was so disappointing, we are devastated by the service we received. We traveled to the Emerald Bay Resort 4 years ago and the 2 resorts are not comparable, we had an amazing time. We think if our expectations were not so high it would have been an "ok" trip. It begins with the room categories which reading other reviews it was not just us with this problem. This was not the resort's issue at all, our travel agent should have caught this. If you want any type of room service.... Make sure you have a club room. Yes, premium sounds nice, however, you will need to splurge for the "club" room.

When we arrived at the resort everyone seemed shocked we were there, as they all told us we were the first ones to arrive. We were basically told "go find something to do your room isn't ready". We walked around and everything seemed closed, we found Dinos the pizza restaurant and they treated us like we were diseased. It took forever to get any service and once we did it was poor to say the least. We then went to the front desk and our room was ready and we were escorted to our room. We were in room 2404, and the hallway was very smelly (musty smell), which we later learned was due to a pipe breaking. The mornings were not as bad as the afternoons.

We live in a Florida and left through a storm and my husband and I were having some pressure, sinus issues prior to leaving for st. Lucia. For our first full day we had booked a candlelight dinner on the beach. Our server there was sweet, my husband started to not feel well, kind of dizzy and just wanted to be back in the room. I asked our server what we could do and she said "no.problem, I'll bring it to your room," which she did, but my husband did not feel well and at that time didn't want to eat. The food was brought to us plated, well, the mini fridge was way small for those plates....We ended up putting the food from plates in glasses and covered them with coasters. Needless to say the following day the food frozen and not edible!!

We decided that we should cancel our excursion because we didn't want to away on a speedboat, dizzy and sick. We received 7 different phone calls (and my husband doesn't feel well) regarding the cancelation of the excursion. We were told if we want refunded we had to see the nurse. We asked if she could come to the room, after another phone call (it was acted as if this was never ever an option) she was able to come to the room. She was very sweet and understood and told us she will let the appropriate people know for our refund. Wshew....things are ok....right?!?

We went to the outside bar about 930am and were told they didn't open for 30 minutes....We sat in the hot tub/pool until 10. My husband walked up to the bar with our cups that we brought. The bartender was super rude and informed my husband he has to get ice which took 10-15 minutes, this was after they should have been open. It filled our drinks (in opposite cups as my husband requested) we quickly realized there was no alcohol in our Miami vice and strawberry daiquiri. My husband went back to the bar and asked the bartender if there was alcohol in the drinks he looked at my husband and said "nope, not yet".

My husband planned to golf, the shuttle was supposed to be there at 1, and around 115 he told the other people waiting I'm going to the restroom and when he came back the shuttle was pulling away. He went to the front desk and he was taxied there (which Sandals paid for). Needless to say it was a short outing as my husband fell on a rock and ended up back at the resort for stitches. Nurse Tana was amazing (same one that came to our room, a few days prior). We waited for doc and chatted.

Since we had checked with excursions and front desk the money was not credited, I asked the nurse if she let them know about our room visit. She told us, she tried to do a report but the computers were down and she went to manager on duty and they told her they would take care of it. Well, they didn't. She said she got a "complaint" from the staff at sandals saying she didn't do her job. (Don't worry we are not done with this situation). Because of this and all of the events leading up to this, I decided we needed to speak with a manager, the front desk was less than helpful in getting the manager. Finally Nadia came (relations) manager and she was lovely and seemed to emphasize with our situation. She was able to have the chef re create our candlelight dinner and have it sent to our room. That was incredibly sweet. She also said she would take of our other issues and she would follow up with us.

The next morning a less than thrilled worker was in the hallway "trying to find the smell". So that was awkward!! But he didn't seem to smell anything. I did tell him it's always worse in the afternoon because of people walking on it. Again, worker seemed put out to have to do work. Now it's the last day and we are settling up at check out and....that excursion charge was still on our bill....after we were assured from Nadia it would be taken care of. So after, more of our time and going between the excursion desk and front desk. It was finally taken care, after a lot of time was wasted dealing with this. I believe that was the biggest disappointment of all because we trusted our issues were handled by Nadia, and to find out they were not was a huge letdown. If traveling to this resort, please do not expect top notch service because you won't get it.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I have debated back & forth since being on my honeymoon If I wanted to write a review on how bad our experience has been but we have had enough. First off, My Wife & I just got married on 5/21/22 we booked at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica. This has been by far the worst experience we have ever been on when coming to an all-inclusive resort. (been to multiple all-inclusive resorts on the island)

When we got here, we are immediately escorted to our rooms and pretty much left without any idea on anything when it comes to here. We then found out, we had to make reservations for dinner every night and could not make reservations until speaking with the Sandals food desk (open until 5) and when we went Tuesday am to make reservations, everything was literally booked up. Not that big of a deal but something should have been specified. Every other all-inclusive we have went to, we have got a tour, info on the resort and different amenities, not here.

If you are a younger couple like us (late 20s) you do not want to stay here. Everything closes at 9 and the only thing open is a piano bar (all standing) and a stinky bleach “pub” that shouldn’t even be at the resort. You don’t have many food options besides 2 breakfast places. Mainly just buffet, one lunch place by the pool & the dinners at restaurants have not been open every night. No room service, no amenities, nothing. Stay at the Montego Bay Sandals! The room has been the only good thing here until today. We are in the “brand new building” in the luxury suite with tub etc. The room AC doesn’t work nor have any electricity.

Going to the front desk with our frustrations and trying to swap to the Montego Bay resort (super beautiful) It is “Sorry, we can’t do anything for you, everything is booked up” Nothing has been helpful and with it being our honeymoon it is super disappointing. After booking multiple all-inclusive resorts all around the Caribbean, we thought SANDALS would be top of the line. Comes out to be it is the complete opposite. We had more amenities down the street at the Royal Palladium for a 3rd of the price we paid here.

All said & done, we want to let newlyweds to not make the same mistake that we did & book here. It is not worth the price you pay and unless you are staying at Sandals Montego Bay. I wouldn’t book another Sandals resort because of the awful customer service, Obnoxious pricing & because it is not worth your time. STAY AWAY.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I do not understand how the reviews are good for this resort. I had a one-bedroom suite with a butler and had to move 3 times! The rooms have not been renovated in many years. The tile and grout in 2 of the bathrooms was cracked. The white couch was filthy as well as the rugs. The resort was out of the premium cognac and Crown Royal that was offered and no lobster as they advised it was out of season. The beachside of the resort TECHNICALLY has a "beach" but it is more like a lagoon and you definitely cannot take a stroll.

I attempted to dial 0 to get a pick-up and received no answer MANY times and depending on where you are at the resort, it is not walking distance. A group of us attended the spa and the pricing is deceptive! They include a service fee that is not mentioned and asked what kind of oil you would like and did not advise it was an additional $50. I WILL DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS LOCATION AT ALL!! Not luxurious and very outdated!

Original review: April 28, 2022

I ate seafood at one of Sandals restaurants on my second night, became very Sick, doctors etc, in bed for 4/5 days, reluctant to eat etc. for remainder of holiday, Sandals promised on several occasions to deal with this disaster but keep ignoring my mails, 67 yrs of age, holiday ruined for both my wife and I who traveled from Ireland.

Original review: April 18, 2022

25th wedding anniversary! Was a great vacation everything was nice especially the entertainment. What offended me was the miscommunication with the use of the safe, although I decided not to use it I never anticipated be victimized twice. When I realized 35,000 in Jamaican money was missing from my room ($226 US) we were treated like criminals when our room was searched. Although the stated "we can refuse" the search I feel like that would have made us appear guilty. They searched all of our luggage, souvenir bags/purchases, areas of the room when didn't know about, even under the lamps! While we enjoyed ourselves "in the beginning" and may patronize another sandals in the very, very, far future I don't think we will ever use another Sandals in the Jamaica area.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I very recently stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean with my girlfriend, along with 58 other couples for a wedding. While the resort did look very nice it was very small which is fine, but that's not why I'm giving it one star. I'm giving it one star for multiple reasons, to begin with the price. We paid for a "Kensington Room." Which is supposed to be a slightly upgraded room tier, after we had been there for a few days and had a chance to speak with other couples who had different rooms we found that people who had booked rooms that were in a lower tier than ours actually had more amenities in their rooms. The first of which was an outdoor soaker tub, we noted that more than half of the rooms on the resort had them but ours.

In addition to that our "patio" if you can even call it that was barely large enough to fit two chairs and a table and have an extra 5 feet of space. The photos of the room online and what the room actually looked like when we got there were completely different. In addition, it states that every room gets two complimentary robes for your comfort to use during your stay, we were unaware of this until the day before we were to check out when we received a letter stating that the robes cost $65 each if you took them with you. We never had any in our room.

As for the cleaning, I will say that yes my room was turned down daily and left clean but the issue that I have is when I started out I had 4 towels, the next day we only had two left from showering our first day. Rather than restocking the two that we used they simply took the two dirty ones away and only left us with two. We would only get 4 towels every two days.

We had a bath mat our first day and our last day before checking out, otherwise we were forced to put down face cloths and other small towels just so that we wouldn't slip after taking a shower. Another thing that I found very disappointing while not necessary it would have been nice if it were done but we found out that every other couple had animals made out of towels placed on their bed daily. This was an experience that we never got. Again though as stated not something that I feel is necessary but just a nice little added touch that we did not receive.

We opted to take advantage of the "free" photo shoot which indeed is free. Although you have to pay for the photos that you wish to keep. After selecting around 30 photos that we wanted to keep we were told that we could get the 30 photos for the "25 photo price" but we would not be receiving a photo collage or photo album or picture frame unless we wanted to pay more money. After it was all said and done and we paid for the photos we spoke with another couple who got 10 less photos than us for $60 less and also got the photo collage.

They also informed us that there was a photo package deal that actually cost $20 LESS than what I paid but it gave you 40 photos and a photo album. This was never something that was made aware to us. When I went back in a few hours later and asked what I would need to do in order to take advantage of this promo I was told there was nothing that I could do about it and if I wanted to get a collage or photo album I would need to pay an additional $60 "because I opted out of it." The staff who sold the photos to me didn't seem to care at all about the amount of money that I had already spent nor did they seem to care to want to help me. The photographer that took my photos I will say did a very good job and was very kind though.

The food was mediocre at best at most restaurants and would typically have anywhere from a 1-2 hour wait at times just to sit down at a table in addition to another 1-1.5 hours just to get your food served to you. One couple that we went with sat down at the Mariner restaurant outside, and ordered food. They told their waitress that they were moving tables from one in the sun to one in the shade. After waiting another approximately 45 minutes they were informed that "they left and they could not find them and that they did not tell their waitress." In addition the restaurant Spices is closed on Tuesday nights but that was never told to anyone until we got there. The staff would tell you that you don't need a reservation at some places or would make a reservation for you only to have you be forced to still wait well after your reservation time just to get your seat.

Sandals also failed to make mention to us that no matter what time your flight is (our flight was at 3:13 PM) you are forced to leave the resort 3 hours prior to your flight time. Had I known that I would not be able to stay on resort any longer than 3 hours before my flight left I would have booked an earlier return flight as I only booked the later flight anticipating that I could spend more time there when ultimately I only got 1 extra hour after checkout which was spent sitting in the lobby waiting for my shuttle bus.

And lastly what I found to be most frustrating from the whole ordeal was that one of my friends went into the gift shop and purchased a t-shirt and hat combo for $20. I went into the gift shop two days after he made the purchase to get one for myself, when we noticed that the price quickly jumped up from $20 just two days prior to $35. When we spoke to the staff there they told us that it was always $35 and were incredibly rude towards us. I understand that you should expect to pay a little bit extra for souvenirs sometimes while on vacation, but to price gouge like that is completely unacceptable. Overall the value that we paid for and the value that we received are two completely separate things. We were charged well more than what I feel the value was worth and will not be returning to Sandals ever again after this experience.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

Experience at the property: Absolutely amazing. We stayed in an Over the water bungalow: 10/10 recommend. Luther is the BEST butler ever. Billing/discount: 0/10. We booked our honeymoon for The Sandals Grande in St. Lucia and booked a less expensive room at first, talked with Sandals about the 10% first responder (my husband is a police officer rate), and changed our minds to ALSO book an incredible Over the Water Bungalow. The OWB was $26,000 but with a 10% discount, that would bring the total down to $23,400 which was a much more feasible amount for us to pay. We ended up canceling the less expensive room and going all in on the OWB. We had to take out an additional credit card and save save save in order to have the 23,400 for this once in a lifetime trip.

We were sent the special website to put in the first responder info from Sandals and I filled it out. The next day, my husband filled it out (not knowing that I also had -ha!). So we thought by filling it out twice, we would be TOTALLY covered. We were told the ONLY remaining thing to do was to arrive at the resort and show his badge/ID to prove he is a police officer. Upon arrival, we asked our butler who we should show the badge to and he said not to worry about it. The next day we went to the front desk and they said it was taken care of. We again, confirmed upon checkout that the discount would be applied when they charged our credit card the final payment.

We came home thrilled from the most amazing 10 days in paradise (also of note - we booked ANOTHER trip while we were there - this time only $7,000 trip to Curacao next year, and used the police discount). When we arrived home and checked our credit card statement, we were charged the ORIGINAL price of $26,000+. I contacted Sandals by chat and they told me I had to call customer service. I called customer service and was on hold for over an hour.

When I finally had a conversation with someone, they had to call a manager on the back end to investigate and again I was put on hold. Their questions to me were "do you have proof that you submitted that he is a police officer BEFORE you went" and I said I submitted the information on the website link as directed. They said they did not have any proof of this. Then, they asked if I called the reservation center to confirm the discount and I said no, I was always told to show the badge/ID on site. They said there is NOTHING that anyone at the resort would have to do with the discount. I am so incredibly baffled and after speaking with Sheldon by email (now over two weeks since our honeymoon, STILL dealing with this), Sheldon said there is nothing they can do and was very rude in his/her responses to me.

I am confused why proof at the resort was not good enough, why us BOTH filling out the required first responder page was not good enough (and if it didn't go through, why is that OUR fault, or if it doesn't show on our end why is that OUR fault)? On Sandals website they talk about the first responder discount saying, "In appreciation of your services and commitment, Sandals Resorts would like to extend a great offer just for you!" We do not feel any appreciation. We actually feel like we were baited and switched because we only booked the more expensive room knowing that we could have the 10% discount and instead we were forced to pay full price and increase our credit limit. We are asking for a discount of the 10% as originally promised and as provided to all other law enforcement guests who travel to Sandals.

In addition, there is conflicting information because on their website it also says, "*10% year-round discount off any existing promotional rate for all Active and Retired U.S. and Canada police personnel. Proof of police ID will be required at check-in." We tried to provide the ID over and over while we were at the resort just to make sure and do our due diligence and we were told it would be taken care of. And it wasn't. This process has left us with a sour taste in our mouth regarding traveling to Sandals and we are reconsidering our trip next year due to this chaos.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

1) Promised airport transfer to resort--promise not honored.

2) Promised "luxury" vacation - DEF not honored. Terrible rooms, service, 45 minute wait for a drinks, 60 minute wait on dessert. Room A/C did not function properly. Drinks not timely restocked in room.
    3) Due to inadequate training and improper rescue safety boat, when the water craft capsized my companion, broke his ribs, my wife endure extensive injuries and the medical staff was cavalier at best with "treatment" and when reported to Sandals MGT, they offered an insulting $150 credit on a future trip with Sandals!

4) Overall? If possible, I would give Minus 5 starts. There are many other "all-inclusive" resorts. Book with ANY besides Sandals. Their resorts do NOT live up to the alluring pictures and promises of luxury.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Please be aware of taking trips with Sandals Resorts especially during COVID. My trip was screwed up from the beginning and then was lied to by Sandals employees to cover up their mistakes. I followed the emails I received from Sandals and when I arrived in Barbados I was told I had to quarantine for 5 days out of 7. I had to purchase a flight to another Sandals Resort to enjoy my trip. On the return flight, I followed Sandals again even after I told them my situation and was again forced to quarantine at the airport. My wife and I travel to the Caribbean every year, but I will never again use Sandals for my vacations. Please be aware and choose another resort who will take better care of you.

Sandals Resorts Company Information