Linens 'n Things

Compare Retail Stores

Research top Retail Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered 3 pairs of drapes. They shipped me 3 panels (half of the order). They then charged me for the whole order. Don't order from these people. They do not return telephone calls or emails. They misrepresented themselves to my credit card company and told them that the shipment had the whole order in it, but it didn't.

I bought a steamfast stand from Linens 'n Things. I returned the product to them but I never got my refund. And I can get untouched with them - no customer service. I email them no answers. Only thing I want is to get my money. Thank you.

I ordered bedding from this company and the day afterward received a call asking me to call them to confirm the order. I called back to the number, 858-876-5039. All I got was voicemail and I asked to have the call returned. After more than enough time for the order to be delivered, I purchased another item locally and called this company to ask them to cancel my order. In the interim, I called several times trying to get responses from this company and e-mailed several times. Not once did I get a return call or reply to my e-mails.

Two days ago the item was delivered to my house UPS. Inside the box was no information on returning the item. But I did track that by searching their website. In short, it cost me $111.00 to return this package because it was an oversized item. And I've read reviews that they deny receiving returns!!! I just talked with my credit card company and they told me I should not have returned the item. They also have credited my account for the amount of the purchase. But they said had I called before paying the shipping they would have negotiated with the company regarding the shipping charge. They tried calling the number they have for the company and all they got was voicemail also. BUYER BEWARE! If I could give this company no stars I would. Horrible experience.

I ordered woven baskets. The quality of the product was really poor. I wanted to return them. The packaging did NOT contain return labels. I had to track down Linens 'n Things' phone number since there was no return label. I called them. It took a couple of days to hear back from them. The baskets cost $60. Returning them cost $30. I wish I had read others' reviews before I did business with Linens 'n Things.

I ordered a table 3 weeks ago that showed as "in stock". After 2 weeks and not hearing from anyone, I went online to check my order status which read "pending". I called the 800 number several times, left messages and never received a call back even though the recording says they will call you back within 24 hours. So I started emailing them. Finally, Laura called me and told me that the computer shows the item is back ordered and not available for 4 more weeks. I told her that I would like to cancel my order, and she said she would have to call the supplier and would call me back before the end of the day. That never happened!!

So 5 more days of calling and emailing. She finally called me tonight. She still cannot tell me when the order is shipping, but says I can't cancel the order because the supplier doesn't take calls only emails!! I told her that my order is cancelled, I will not accept delivery of the table, and I am disputing the charge through my credit card bank! NOT WORTH THE HASSLE!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Linens 'n Things?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Placed order on 8/3/15, as of today 9/15/15 it still has not shipped. Forget about calling, always goes to a voice mail. I have sent several emails with only one response saying my order was shipping today, that was about a month ago. Now they just ignore all request for a shipping update. I would give lower than 1 star if I could.

I ordered an end table from Linens 'n Things. When the package arrived it was the wrong item. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact them via phone and have to leave a message each time with no reply. I went through the return process online and they tell you to go to Order Status to get an RMA# number and return address label. I could not find this anywhere on the Order Status page. No additional info has been sent via email. I can't find any address anywhere on their website. I cannot determine if this item was a shipment from them or direct from the manufacturer. The return process is highly inefficient and they make no effort to clearly advise the customer even though they call it the "easy return." This will be my last order from Linens 'n Things, especially since I have now seen multiple complaints about the company online.

I have shopped at Linens 'n Things for many years!! Now that I'm pregnant, I don`t get out to shop much. It is wonderful to still be able to shop at one of my very favorite stores online! I always find a bargain and things that I just love!! It is so wonderful to find beautiful things at Linens 'n Things that cost 3-4 times more at other stores! By shopping at Linens 'n Things I can still have beautiful things at a price I can afford!! Also to get free shipping is such a plus for me! Other places charge 10-11 dollars for shipping and I cannot afford. Linens 'n Things is very customer oriented!!

I think I can safely say that this is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. I ordered a 2-part matching set, and they cancelled one of the items, which meant the other part was useless to me. They wanted a massive re-stocking fee, and you have to jump through hoops to get a return label. They refuse to call you - everything must be done via email, and they are very slow to respond. They also don't read your messages correctly, and keep giving the same response. In the end, I gave up trying to return my item, and just took the hit - it was causing way too much stress. This is the first time I have ever left a review online, but this experience was so bad, I wanted to try to help others avoid the same issues I had. Looking at the other reviews, I am not alone. I just wish I had seen them before I placed an order. Buyer beware!

I ordered goods that arrived in a box that had been taped together. The item box was all chewed up. Returns are terrible! You have to take photos and send before they will consider a return label. Communication so far has been 5 days since I contacted about a return. Linens and things went belly up for a reason!

I purchased a child's easel from Linens 'n Things online for my granddaughter for Christmas. I did not open the box because I knew many pieces, also would be hard to get back into the box once taken out. When her parents opened the box to assemble, the wood section was broke. I sent an email to customer service and was told because it was purchased over their 30 day policy, they could not refund. Nor could they send another, because they were out of stock. I emailed back, they said they would talk with their supplier and see if they could give me some money back, but, no guarantee. She emailed back (same day), said they would agree to refunding me $20.00. I paid $57.00 for it. I emailed back, asking for the contact name and phone number of their supplier.

Customer service emailed me back and said they would agree to refunding $30.00, and it would be submitted back into my account that I paid them. So...I'm short $27.00, plus have a non-usable easel. On a good note, my 6-year old Granddaughter is happy - I bought her another new easel. I will never buy anything from Linens 'n Things again. After reading others bad experiences, I will be very surprised if they remain in business. Customer service, and happy customer make return customers. Shame on you Linens 'n Things. P.S. I wish they had 1/2 a star to rate them!

The 400$ worth of sheets which were supposed to be all Egyptian cotton, were in fact 30% polyester. In order to return them, they do not even provide a shipping label or smart label. This means I have to drive to a post office, deal with the after Christmas rush, and pay a fortune to return these sheets. From the other reviews, it seems that the returns are not usually forthcoming. If they only sent a label and deducted shipping, like all other sites do, it would be a lot easier..

On January 14, 2011, I placed an order for kitchen curtains totaling $52.00. I never received the order. Customer service told me reference # ** was shipped and to contact UPS; there was nothing else they could do. UPS claimed package (tracking # **) was left at the front door and to contact customer service. Customer service continuously stated it was out of their hands and there was nothing else they could do and they would not sent a replacement order until I traced the original order. As of today, I am out of $52. I don't expect anything to be done now, but I would like other consumers to be aware of their policy and spare them this headache.

I have shopped in the Linen and Things stores for various items - items were fine for what I needed. If I need something of a better quality I generally shop at Home Goods or one of the department stores. My issue with Linens and Things is their email ads. I will receive an email with the subject line of "Table clothes starting at $4.99". When I open the email there is not even ONE table cloth at the advertised price. This is so annoying that I actually attempted to contact their customer service department which never answers. I have unsubscribed from the email list since I figured if they cannot be trusted in their ads then they just cannot be trusted. Thanks to Consumer Affairs for providing a place to air these issues.

I never make online accounts. And it is pretty difficult to make me angry. I have made an account specifically to write this review of Linens 'n Things. And they have made me angry. I ordered an organizer from Linens 'n Things. The product description stated that the package would contain 4 organizers and 1 useless clothing folder thing. For $27, the package came in and had 4 useless slabs of plastic and only 1 organizer. I called customer service to ask for a return, they told me I would have to pay to send the item back myself. Free returns are basically a given on the internet. I have never once in my life paid to return something. They told me they would send me 7 more since it was their mistake. They sent me ONE of the PLASTIC SHEETS instead of the organizer, basically laughing in my face. I had to spend hours on the phone with them just to get a shipping label. Finally they sent a shipping label and it's for fedex. Who uses fedex? Is this 1972? The closest fedex is 20 minutes away.

So after spending hours on the phone, I used 20 minutes of my life and a few bucks of gas to go to fedex. Fedex said that the box that they sent me was invalid. I called linens 'n things back, asking to send a fedex pickup to my house because why would I drive back another 20 minutes to return their ** product and end up with nothing. The customer service was hostile, and told me that it is completely impossible for them to schedule a pickup. Really? Cause it costs like 5 bucks on and takes about 5 clicks.

There's a reason that this company has 1 star average and no longer exists in person. It's horrible. I would shop at Hobby Lobby or Walmart or somewhere whose morals I completely disagree with before I would ever go back to linens 'n things. They could be offering a diamond the size of my ** for one dollar and I would say "That's nice. It'll come in and that ** will be cubic zirconia in person."

I ordered a shower curtain. It arrived. The box and return address did not seem like they were from a business but from a home...The product was in decent condition, but I can't say it was new I wanted to return the product. You have 30 days to return. You must request a number from LNT before you can return

I called. Number disconnected. (it's not a 800 number either so that was odd) I emailed. No response. Repeat. No response. The 30 days passed. I attempted again.

RESPONSE: Sorry you are outside of your 30 days. The rep continued to give me a hard time about returning a $15 shower curtain EVEN after I had proof that I contacted them within the 30 day window. Now that I see other reviews about LNT, I realize even the return process is brutal. Guess it is better to have the product and be out the money than to be out of both. Maybe I can sell it on the internet. Never ever again will I shop this business and I strongly advise the same to you. This is a shady operation.

I ordered a set of linen (mid-October 2013) and it did not work for the room it was intended for. I tried to email LNT a few times and finally was told that I had to take care of the return shipping on my own. I asked for a smart label to make things easier even if the cost of the label was deducted from the credit I would receive. That was refused.

Well, I sent it back via UPS and never heard from them again. I did not realize that I had not been credited until about a month later, at which point I emailed them and they responded that the return had not been received. I went to a lot of trouble finding the tracking information which revealed that someone at LNT signed for the return (which had been shipped on 10/29/13) on 10/31/13. I sent them the tracking information and received no response. While searching my email account to find the original email sent to them, I found an email from 2010 wherein I also had returned something and had to get them tracking information in order to receive a refund!

When no response was forthcoming, I finally called my credit card company on Friday 1/17/14 to report the situation. LNT sent me an email today, one day later, stating that a credit should appear on my statement in 3-5 days. This is apparently a scam where consumers who do not check their records and ascertain that they have been credited will not receive credits for their returns. One should not have to chase a "reputable" company to receive credits that are due them.

YEAH, these guys are stupid. Do not order from them. They are only online now, where they should go to die. I sent something by mail to be returned and a refund, yes? I get an email stating they received it from my mail tracking, so I wait a week, thinking that meanwhile it will be processed and surely I'll hear something soon. NO! I call a week later and they yell at me for asking if they received it yet. I think they even added me to a telemarketing service to harass me.

May be paranoid, but they were stupid rude. So, no it's another week +3 days later and I received an email saying at the 2 week mark that the refund was processed. 2 days after the 2 week email I reply, so where is my money (it hasn't reached my account yet). They just send me the same email saying it has been process. THESE ** ARE STUPID. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM, THEY SUCK. I am still waiting for my refund. They yelled at me saying that it would be 30 days. But then send the email saying it was processed. Doesn't processed typically mean in the real world that it is now the banks ball? I seriously don't understand these **.

I ordered a comforter. When it came, it was poor quality. Nothing like it looked in the pictures and did not even match the description. I attempted to call them, sent at least ten emails. Finally, someone called me saying they do not pay for return shipping even if the merchandise was garbage. I was instructed to take it to UPS as that was the way it came to me and that was their instructions how to send it back. They also said I must purchase insurance for the amount of the invoice which was $209.99. The shipping cost me $39.97. So then I waited for my refund on my credit card. One week, two weeks, three weeks, by this time, I was livid. Not only was I out the $209.99, I was also out another $39.97 for shipping and had no product.

I went on UPS tracking and it was delivered to them a couple of days after I sent it. Wrote to them again giving them the tracking number and informing them I was going to contact the Attorney General's Office. I received no reply. Finally, I called my credit card, explained what had happened, put in a claim against them. That was yesterday. Oddly enough what happened today?? I received a call from them telling me my emails had gone into a spam folder and they just came across them and were crediting my card in 3-5 days. Are you kidding me? Whoever would believe that? This company is a big scam and a bunch of crooks. I hope they enjoy collecting interest on everyone's money that they do not return! Never again for me!!! BTW, the comforter was a Christmas present and I could not even get the money back to order a replacement.

I placed an order for an angel tree topper ($44) on 12/1/13. Received an email the next day with my order number and tracking number. Problem is, there was no tracking number! I sent an email informing them of this problem and they just emailed me back saying they would get back to me. They never did. They will not answer my emails or phone calls. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! Never did get a refund or my order! D-:

I've recently purchased a "Hold N Storage Chrome Bathroom Shelf by Organize It All" product from their website and the product came with very poor quality. I immediately submitted an online return but the return instruction provided no return to address. I called the service number but could not reach anyone. Will never buy things from there anymore.

Thank you, Consumer Affairs, for the good service that you are providing on this website. And thanks to the consumers that took the time to write their complaints here. Had it not been for these alerts re poor customer service, I might have got caught in a risky online purchase myself. I found a $500 furniture item on their website (which was a good price), and proceeded to determine some details about the color and availability. I live in Vancouver, BC and was aware of the shut-down of their Canadian stores, but was unaware that all the American stores had also been shut down. So based on their website info, I proceeded to phone the Bellingham store, which said was disconnected (even though all the information on their website makes it appear as if the Bellingham store is still in operation).

I then checked the next closest American store - in Burlington. Then in Marysville and Woodinville with the same result. The furniture purchase was important enough to us that we were willing to take a half day to drive to one of their Washington stores to talk to someone in person about color or availability. Their phone numbers and addresses of all these retail stores has STILL not been updated - years after the bankruptcy of all their retail stores! But this wasn't enough to discourage me from ordering online. I was still thinking of ordering online, until I read all these horrible reviews. Now I have decided to pay an extra $160 at a different online merchant. I'm paying the extra $160, rather than take the chance at getting burned by LNT. Thanks for the heads up!

You buy something from them at your own risk through a one sided agreement. You agree to final purchase. You agree to pay return shipping. You agree to receive an item you may know nothing about. You agree to go through the hassle of credit card charge-back. You agree to leave messages on the company voicemail which may not get answered or answered after it's too late. They agree to nothing. I was looking to purchase Trizer scooter. Website did not have enough information on the item, or the total price to my doorstep. Customer service did not answer phone calls. Chat online only answers requests when they notice you are interested in making purchase, but will not answer chat requests if you have a problem. When placing the order online, the process does not allow you to correct mistakes.

So, for example, since I couldn't get customer service or chat to answer my questions regarding total price to my doorstep, I attempted to find that out from the 'place order' process. Guess what, that process is FINAL. You CANNOT change anything about your order. You will receive an email that your order is shipped long before you would be able to get customer service to do anything about your unintentional order. You will find out days or weeks afterwards that they either don't have the item(s), or there will be a delay in shipping the item even though you received an email which says your item is shipped, and customer service says they can't do anything about the mistakes on the order because "item has already shipped." All this happens because these folks use drop shipping. So, you are dealing with a middle man who does not have their business straight.

On May 26th, I ordered a Beautyrest Mattress from Linens and Things. I could have purchased it at Macy's on sale but found it on the Linens and Things website at a better price. After several weeks and no communication regarding my order, I contacted customer service. I also sent emails to customer service online. Again, no response. I then contacted customer service and spoke to "Brandi" who said she would check into it and call me back. 5 days and 30 emails later, still no response.

I again called customer service and spoke to "Brandi". I reminded her that she had told me 5 days earlier that she would call me back re: my order status. After being placed on hold, Brandi then announced the item was no longer in stock and that she had just cancelled out my order. I was upset and asked to speak to a supervisor. She replied that she was the supervisor. When I asked for the number for the corporate office, she hung up on me. They have charged my American Express the full $1,200 for the mattress. This was the WORST experience ever and feels like fraud on their part. I do not have the mattress OR my money back at this point. Do not shop at Linens and Things online. This is a scam company and a total rip-off.

I purchased a set of the Hotel Collection Microfiber sheets from Linens 'n Things a few weeks ago. The sheets are burgundy in color and the color rubs off on all my clothing when I sleep in them. I have tried washing them several times in cold water, hot water, different detergents, even white vinegar and nothing stops the color transfer or bleeding. After destroying several pieces of clothing, I wrote to them and asked for a replacement or refund, and I have not heard anything from them. Like I said, I have washed them at least 10 times and the color still keeps coming out of the sheets. This is obviously a defective product. Avoid buying anything from them! Their prices are cheap because their products are defective/cheap! There is a reason they no longer have storefronts.

On 4/9/13 I placed an order for a mini trampoline all the way through to including information on my credit card. Instead of getting an order confirmation, it pinged back to the beginning. I foolishly tried again with the same result and then sent an email advising of the problem. On 4/10, I checked the website and my item was still sitting in my basket. I checked my credit card and they had charged me twice for the one item. Again I emailed them since there is no phone number provided.

On 4/12/13, since I had received no response to either emails, I entered into a live chat with Brandy and explained my problem. Her response was that there was no order and that the charges should fall off in five business days - no offer of doing anything about changing either of these situations, although I had specifically asked that one of the charges be removed and the order placed. They obviously had my information or the credit card could not have been charged. This is the worst example of poor customer service I have ever experienced. I certainly would not consider doing business with them ever again. How they stay in business is beyond me. Buyer beware!

I placed an order in December and returned just a week later. No credit received. My first email to them was positive. They confirmed they received shipment of return, but would have to look into why a credit wasn't issued. For the past month every few days I email or leave them a voicemail and nothing happens. No response. Wish I would have just kept the items at this point. They have my money and the products. Terrible. I will never shop there again and will tell everyone I know to stay away. Their company leadership should be embarrassed and ashamed. Almost everyone on this site has the same exact complaint. Not a good way to run a business.

LNT is a complete scam. You may get your item with no problem, but forget about trying to return it. I purchased a portable hammock for $104. I received it in record time and it is really nice, but turns out that it is very heavy to carry for a portable hammock. I decided to return it and tried calling LNT. They have a recording that comes on stating their business hours and if you have received the voice recording, then you need to call back. I called back several times and still got the voice recording. I finally went through the website for returns and emailed them. I got an email stating they will contact me with an RMA number and mailing address. I never got this and emailed them about 6 times.

I finally decided to search for complaints on LNT. Boy, I wish I did this before I made my purchase. I thought I would be safe with buying from LNT since they have stores. Well they do not have stores anymore. Not sure what is up with this company; sounds like something is hoke. With reading all the other complaints on them, I am afraid to send back my purchase and be out the money and the hammock. So I guess I will either keep it or resell it.

I ordered 2 lights on Dec. 2. They arrived on Dec. 4 and were the wrong ones. I contacted them to return them and was given a return authorization number. So far so good, right? Well, apparently that was only the first RA#. Two weeks and multiple email requests later, I got some other number but no return shipping address. I sent almost daily requests for updates but only received 2 terse replies with preprogrammed "thank you for your patience" messages and no info or concern (I hate being "customer-serviced", yep that's my new swear word).

Their website says easy returns and good customer service. Don't fall for those lies. You can't call anyone. No one answers, even Amazon payments tried. After 3 weeks, I got a return address and sent the stuff back. I had given up even trying to get them to cover return shipping. The return box has been tracked and received. How about that credit? Not a chance I've seen that nor am I sure I ever will. Guess what? There were no replies to email requests for information. Bottom line: Don't buy from these people and don't get "customer-serviced".

I placed an order for my child a razor dirt bike MX350 ($267.00) for 7-10 days delivery! I placed it on Dec. 16 and I was sent an email order confirmation number, but no details about delivery of the item. The phone number will not allow you to speak to anyone! A woman phoned me with a one ring phone call that does not work when you answer the call! I know it's the same woman on their answering service, because she contacted me once and said she pulled the order, but she doesn't know what else I could want from her! I said a date shipping my item! She said she will get back with me and has not contacted me anymore. I continue to put order number information on their site, but still no tracking information and says not shipped each time.

This is a nightmare because now I am thinking that my child will be disappointed on Christmas Day and it's his birthday also! I am going to investigate further because unfortunately, after reading emails with complaints, I am getting worried and the woman is not even contacting me at all now. I have sent numerous emails and have even attempted to contact Torrey Commerce with no luck. It took them one day to debit my funds and now I am angry that they could even advertise sells of savings, and not be professional when that's what I look for online. But I had no idea that their stores are closed. I hope and pray goodness will come out of this and he will receive the item. But somehow, I doubt it will be by the time Christmas Day comes. Communication could have confirmed this.

Linens 'n Things Company Profile