HeleneBridal.com

China

Compare Wedding Websites

Research top Wedding Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased my wedding dress with Helene Bridal and ordered the dress a size larger than I normally wear. When I received the dress 3 weeks later (after they said it would ship within 24 hours), the dress was 2 sizes too small. The zipper was 5 inches away from zipping in the back. So I went on the website's return policy and on there they said they "encourage you to get the dress altered at a local tailor. Take pictures of you wearing the dress along with the measurements. Send a copy of the receipt from the tailor and we will reimburse you 50% of the dress cost." I followed their direction to the “T”. They are now refusing to refund me the money. The only thing they offered was a $10.00 refund. I paid $169.99 for the dress and the alterations cost $195.00!! I asked them to simply refund me $50.00 – being a 14% discount factoring the cost of the dress and alterations. NOPE! They refused.

I contacted Pay Pal to file a dispute. They said a dispute could not be filed since the product was altered. After they read the return policy on Helene Bridal’s website, they determined they maliciously encourage people to alter the dresses in order to lose protection through PayPal in filing any type of dispute against them. PayPal decided to file fraud report to PayPal that they are a fraudulent company. PayPal themselves were so shocked at what they did to me, as a courtesy THEY refunded me $50.00!! Unbelievable how Helene Bridal are such liars and do not follow through on their own policies while removing any chance you have of filing disputes by telling you to alter the dress yourself. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY!!

I order a mother of the bride dress that required customization of size since the size chart the company provided did not match my proportions. The dress was order on August 1, 2015 and sizes for my arms, chest, bust, waist, hips, thighs, and all other requested measurements were provided. I paid $139.00 for the evening dress. On August 10th, I received an email that my order has shipped. My first thought was that was really quick for a custom order because the comments said it would be shipped by August 18th. I received the dress on August 6, 2015. The dress was turned inside out, and when I went to try it on, immediately I say oil spots or some type of stains on the dress. I also notice that the dress was not cut in the same direction. This is a satin dress that had a nap which means that the front and back needs to be cut in the same direction to prevent one side from being more shiny than the other side.

Also the website showed this dress to be A-Line but my dress was a flare skirt. I immediately emailed HeleneBridal.com and told them what I found. They asked me to send pictures of the stain and I did and I took pictures of the dress that shows one side more shiny than the other. I received an email from Victoria stating that only 10% or $14.00 would be refunded and they dress was made correctly. I WAS TOLD TO WASH THE DRESS MYSELF TO REMOVE THE STAINS! Please do not give this company HeleneBridal.com your money. The dress quality is not good at all and the satin material was of a very cheap quality. Beware of anything that is made in CHINA. Don't believe the other comments giving this company positive high marks since the company may have paid someone to give them good comments and high marks. Please read what I am telling you and what you read here and DON'T GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY.

Do not order from this place! I ordered a bridesmaid dress from this company to make sure the entire wedding party liked it before we ordered them all. Thank goodness I did! The color was terrible and the arm holes were very small. I did not order a custom size and even ordered it a size larger so I could have it altered! There wasn't a place for arm measurements yet when I told them it was too small they just said it was my responsibility to have measured correctly and that there was extra material for it to be altered. There's not even a thread of extra material! Now that I want to return the dress they are suggesting that I just take it to a resale store instead of sending it back. If I do send it back they only refund 50% of the payment and require that I pay for return shipping. By the time I pay for shipping I will end up getting about 25% of my money back and a bunch of headaches! What a scam!!

I received my dress and it was tight. Two days later, I received another dress, a wedding dress. I contacted Helene's right away. Victoria assured me, over the phone, if I ship the wedding dress to the correct person, they would exchange my dress for size bigger. She agreed, if I pay to ship the wedding dress to the correct person, shipped my size 2 back to them, they would ship me my size 4. I immediately shipped the wedding dress to the person missing her dress. When I contacted Victoria, she then told me I would have to pay ALL shipping for my dress. (to and from). Needless to say, I now have to have my dress altered. Do not trust these people unless you have it in writing!! I was happy to make the girl who didn't have her dress, not stress about it though...so was she.

I ordered a dress in the color plum, which is a deep dark purple on their website. When I received the dress it was hot pink. I contacted them and they told me I got the right color. If I wanted another dress I would have to order again and give them more money. To boot they charged my debit card twice! I am never ordering from them again. Attached is the hot pink dress they sent me. I also attached what a plum dress is suppose to look like... extremely frustrating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HeleneBridal.com?

I send the dress back to Helene - they refund the dress back to my PayPal account. Some how PayPal send the money back. Now I'm trying to get Helene to send the money back. They won't email or anything saying that they will refund the money back to PayPal. Now I'm out a dress and money. Please help me get my money back.

I ordered from HeleneBridal before reading any reviews. I found a beautiful and affordable dress. I ordered it and paid for standard shipping. It said 15 business days and, a month later, I got worried and emailed them. They apologized and asked when my wedding was. I told them and I got my dress a week after I emailed them. It was just as beautiful as the picture. It fit perfectly and they altered it just as I asked. I did not have the problems the other reviews had. And no I dont work there. I just wanted to let everyone know they aren't all bad.

The items price in this website is cheaper than eBay, Amazon and other Platforms. Last month I wholesaled outer wear from it but find its prices are almost 15% cheaper on the same items after getting the site of Compare.beltal.com; finally I wholesaled some from Iudress.com. Here and now I received them, quite as useful and accurate as I thought before. Only pity is that shipping time is a little longer than usual.

Please think twice before you order a dress with this company. I have ordered an evening gown and was appalled by the quality.

I foolishly ordered a mother of the bride dress from this online scam company! When it did not arrive, I emailed to see what was up. They insisted that they had no order and no such dress. I gave them all the PayPal info I had and they still could not find my order. After reading all the bad online reviews about them, I emailed them back and told them to forget the whole thing and canceled my order. I did several times as they kept emailing me telling I did not have an order with them. I disputed the charge with my bank and PayPal and got a credit. Then, believe it or not, they just sent me an email saying the dress was shipped! I have told them I will not pay for it.

I bought a dress from Helene Bridal in May 2012. I received it, but it didn't fit. I contacted the company. They said to return the item and gave me the correct address. I returned it, they received it but never made a refund. I have attempted to contact them by email twice, but have received no reply. I suggest never ever doing business with this company. I should have known better!

Wow, what a scam company. Beware, they charged me extra for making the dress sooner and then extra for fast shipping. Then, they sent my dress to the U.K. when I am in the Philippines. They sent me someone else's dress. I had to pay $45.00 for the wrong dress to DHL. As per their request, I took pictures of the wrong dress then they said to ship it to the customer in the U.K. at my expense. The lady in the U.K. sent me my dress via UPS freight collect and UPS wanted $260.00 to deliver. Helene Bridal told me I had to pay for UPS. The bottom line is that I did not receive the dress I ordered. They are not honest people. Do not buy from them. By the way, the only good reviews on this site are from Helene Bridal pretending to be a customer.

I got my dress today. What an absolute piece of crap! I wouldn't even donate it to poor people. I threw it away immediately. It looks nothing like the dress I ordered. Please know that I will post all over the internet and do whatever I can to make sure everyone knows that Helene Bridal is not in any way a respectable business and no one should ever buy from you. I hope at least the child labor that put together that piece of crap got a decent meal from my $200.

I am starting with the Better Business Bureau, then Facebook, then any other consumer site or forum I can find. Thanks for stealing my money and ruining. Below is a message from them: Your dress has been shipped out yesterday. The shipping company hasn't given us the tracking number. They just give us the tracking number. You can track the dress here: www.fedex.com. Yours honestly, Victoria.

If you look at the tab on the website, it says "wholesale cheap wedding dresses". Very accurate. The dress I ordered was indeed cheap. The color of the bodice didn't match the skirt and the dress in the photo wasn't the dress I received. I contacted the company, but since it wasn't within their allotted "24 hour notification return policy", they won't take back the dress. In fact, customer service told me to contact the manufacturer, take photos and maybe they will give me some sort of discount, taking no responsibility for the products they are selling. Please, please think twice before ordering. That return policy is definitely their loophole to get away with ripping people off.

I ordered a dress from HeleneBridal.com. The dress I received looks nothing like the picture. No one in their right mind would be caught dead in this dress! Come to find out, the picture was stolen from The Dessy Group website. It would have cost me $70 to ship back and get a refund after I already spent $30 to have it shipped to me. They gave me back 50% after I complained for days and sent pictures. I was still screwed out of $75 when it was all said and done!

My daughter fell in love with a dress on Helene Bridal's website, so we ordered it in January 2011 with express manufacturing and shipping. The dress was supposed to arrive 3 weeks later but it arrived after the prom and it didn't look like the dress online. I contacted the company when it missed its ship date and was told that the reason it was late was because of a holiday and it wasn't their fault. They promised they would rush the dress to us. They took my money for the rush order but still didn't meet the timeline. When the dress arrived it looked horrible and nothing like the picture, so we started the return process.

I contacted the company and my credit card company and followed the process they all recommended. I shipped the dress back and put a hold on the card payment. The dress made it back to China but Helene Bridal had customs destroy the package. This invalidated the coverage I had on my credit card because I couldn't say it was returned. They never accepted it. Helene Bridal promised me a refund. I paid $200 for the dress and $100 for shipping the dress back to China. They were only willing to refund $30 and I never got one cent returned. This company is a cheat and scam. Do not use them!

I chose a dress online by picture posted on website. The picture showed a dress as a pretty sage green, but the dress came in a lime green. When I complained, they asked if I looked at the color wheel and I said no and that I chose it from the website picture posted. They said that I could not return because of the picture. I told them that it was a fraud to post pictures of various shades of colors, yet only send dress in the color from their color wheel.

The dress cost over $200. As I waited to receive this dress and did not want to dress like a clown, they refused to refund my money. I now own a dress that I will never wear. I had to purchase other dresses and paid shipping with them and as "rush" to get a dress replacement.

I ordered a dress, provided the measurements and paid for rush delivery. I got very unprofessional, ungrammatical e-mails from someone who called herself Victoria. The dress never arrived. After putting me off by promising that it would be arriving soon, "Victoria" stopped answering my e-mails. The phone number on the website was bogus. Someone answers in Chinese and hangs up.

hello,dear,

we make the dress according to the size and the colour you choose.

our factory have checked the size , the colour and the quality of the dress before sending.

as you mentioned, the dress is small,

could you measure the waist, the bust and hips of the dress?

you should take photos with tape on the parts while measuring,

then send us the pictures by e-mails.

as the factory need to see the measurements and

will give you a satisfactory solution after seeing.

Your honestly

Victoria

HELENE BRIDAL DRESS INC.
TEL:+86-021-31266486
E-MAIL:

This is the e-mail I got from them,Dress was to small,late and no what I was made to believe it would look like.

On May 17, 2010, I ordered a bridal dress through Helene Bridal located in China. The dress arrived over a month later and looked very little like it was advertised. The quality was extremely poor, and after weeks of failed attempts to return the dress for a refund, I have resorted to filing this complaint. I have since learned that there are countless other complaints being made in regards to this company! Someone even dedicated a Facebook page to discuss their bad experience with Helene Bridal. "Victoria" is the contact person's name at Helene Bridal.

This company's actions are especially egregious, because consumers who are purchasing from them are making their purchases for their "Special Day" as in the prom, wedding, or bridesmaid attire. Consumers like me are receiving their merchandise in poor quality condition, wrong color or size, and other unacceptable conditions and are forced out of additional money to get the situation remedied, if it can be.

I placed this order through PayPal on May 17, 2010. It cost $225.00 (US). It was shipped to me via DHL, and it was received on June 21, 2010. I contacted the company immediately and was immediately met with resistance when asking for a refund. They have requested that I send them photos to attest to the quality that I deemed poor. When I told them I do not have access to upload photos, Victoria stated:

"Well, dear, no pictures mean no problems with the dress. So if you want to resolve this as soon as possible, you need to find a way to send us pictures. Our factory needs to confirm the problem first. Thanks for your cooperation. --Yours honestly, Victoria" Please take action to make sure people stop being victimized by Helene Bridal! Thank you. I will have to purchase another wedding dress at my own duplicated expense!

I purchased a wedding dress for my stepdaughter in May 2008. Since I live in BC, I provided my credit card number to them. On June 18 of this year 2010, I noticed a charge of $275.56 on my credit card from Helen's Bridal. I contacted them assuming that this was a mistake. I was told by the woman there that the bridal party owed them money and they were unable to contact them, so they charged my credit card because that was all they had on file. I demanded they refund my money immediately, and I have not seen a refund as of yet. My credit card company will definitely dispute this and rule in my favor. I am in shock that a business would operate in this manner. This is fraudulent, and I will be pressing charges.

They kept promising to have my wedding dress shipped b May 12th. I left for my destination wedding on May 13th. Never got the dress. Today is May 18th still no dress and I'm out of $249.00. After most of the e-mails, I started Skype them on-line and the verbal responses were the same as the e-mail. They kept saying the dress was shipped, but couldn't give me a tracking number. I had to find a wedding dress the day before my flight was leaving!! Besides the cost of the dress (approx. $249 and I still haven't gotten it) I also had to endure the stress of trying to find a wedding dress in one day!

Do not buy from this site. I ordered my wedding dress on the February 28, 2010. Expecting my dress mid April, as the site said. After many promises of telling me the dress would arrive before my wedding date of the May 8,2010, it did arrive... 6 days after the Wedding! I had to get an alternative dress, a week before my wedding date, which further cost me $700. HeleneBridal ignored all my emails and did not offer me a refund upon my request. How any site can try to ruin someone's special day, like HeleneBridal tried to ruin mine is beyond me. Save yourself the heartache and do not buy from them!

Absolutely terrible! Never, never, never deal with these people. They left us stranded with three days to go to the wedding. The bridesmaid dresses never arrived. All they keep saying is that we should wait. Unfortunately, they did take our money, as they would only accept direct payment. Don't give it to them. Use credit card if you feel, for whatever reason, that you should order from them but my advice is don't! Ruined wedding, basically! How would you like your bridesmaids to have to scramble for finding a different dress three days before the wedding?

HeleneBridal.com Company Profile