1.47/5

China

24 HeleneBridal.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I purchased my wedding dress with Helene Bridal and ordered the dress a size larger than I normally wear. When I received the dress 3 weeks later (after they said it would ship within 24 hours), the dress was 2 sizes too small. The zipper was 5 inches away from zipping in the back. So I went on the website's return policy and on there they said they "encourage you to get the dress altered at a local tailor. Take pictures of you wearing the dress along with the measurements. Send a copy of the receipt from the tailor and we will reimburse you 50% of the dress cost." I followed their direction to the “T”. They are now refusing to refund me the money. The only thing they offered was a $10.00 refund. I paid $169.99 for the dress and the alterations cost $195.00!! I asked them to simply refund me $50.00 – being a 14% discount factoring the cost of the dress and alterations. NOPE! They refused.

I contacted Pay Pal to file a dispute. They said a dispute could not be filed since the product was altered. After they read the return policy on Helene Bridal’s website, they determined they maliciously encourage people to alter the dresses in order to lose protection through PayPal in filing any type of dispute against them. PayPal decided to file fraud report to PayPal that they are a fraudulent company. PayPal themselves were so shocked at what they did to me, as a courtesy THEY refunded me $50.00!! Unbelievable how Helene Bridal are such liars and do not follow through on their own policies while removing any chance you have of filing disputes by telling you to alter the dress yourself. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR WEDDING DAY!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

I order a mother of the bride dress that required customization of size since the size chart the company provided did not match my proportions. The dress was order on August 1, 2015 and sizes for my arms, chest, bust, waist, hips, thighs, and all other requested measurements were provided. I paid $139.00 for the evening dress. On August 10th, I received an email that my order has shipped. My first thought was that was really quick for a custom order because the comments said it would be shipped by August 18th. I received the dress on August 6, 2015. The dress was turned inside out, and when I went to try it on, immediately I say oil spots or some type of stains on the dress. I also notice that the dress was not cut in the same direction. This is a satin dress that had a nap which means that the front and back needs to be cut in the same direction to prevent one side from being more shiny than the other side.

Also the website showed this dress to be A-Line but my dress was a flare skirt. I immediately emailed HeleneBridal.com and told them what I found. They asked me to send pictures of the stain and I did and I took pictures of the dress that shows one side more shiny than the other. I received an email from Victoria stating that only 10% or $14.00 would be refunded and they dress was made correctly. I WAS TOLD TO WASH THE DRESS MYSELF TO REMOVE THE STAINS! Please do not give this company HeleneBridal.com your money. The dress quality is not good at all and the satin material was of a very cheap quality. Beware of anything that is made in CHINA. Don't believe the other comments giving this company positive high marks since the company may have paid someone to give them good comments and high marks. Please read what I am telling you and what you read here and DON'T GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY.

Get expert buying tips about Wedding Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2015

Do not order from this place! I ordered a bridesmaid dress from this company to make sure the entire wedding party liked it before we ordered them all. Thank goodness I did! The color was terrible and the arm holes were very small. I did not order a custom size and even ordered it a size larger so I could have it altered! There wasn't a place for arm measurements yet when I told them it was too small they just said it was my responsibility to have measured correctly and that there was extra material for it to be altered. There's not even a thread of extra material! Now that I want to return the dress they are suggesting that I just take it to a resale store instead of sending it back. If I do send it back they only refund 50% of the payment and require that I pay for return shipping. By the time I pay for shipping I will end up getting about 25% of my money back and a bunch of headaches! What a scam!!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

I received my dress and it was tight. Two days later, I received another dress, a wedding dress. I contacted Helene's right away. Victoria assured me, over the phone, if I ship the wedding dress to the correct person, they would exchange my dress for size bigger. She agreed, if I pay to ship the wedding dress to the correct person, shipped my size 2 back to them, they would ship me my size 4. I immediately shipped the wedding dress to the person missing her dress. When I contacted Victoria, she then told me I would have to pay ALL shipping for my dress. (to and from). Needless to say, I now have to have my dress altered. Do not trust these people unless you have it in writing!! I was happy to make the girl who didn't have her dress, not stress about it though...so was she.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2014

I ordered a dress in the color plum, which is a deep dark purple on their website. When I received the dress it was hot pink. I contacted them and they told me I got the right color. If I wanted another dress I would have to order again and give them more money. To boot they charged my debit card twice! I am never ordering from them again. Attached is the hot pink dress they sent me. I also attached what a plum dress is suppose to look like... extremely frustrating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HeleneBridal.com?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2014

I send the dress back to Helene - they refund the dress back to my PayPal account. Some how PayPal send the money back. Now I'm trying to get Helene to send the money back. They won't email or anything saying that they will refund the money back to PayPal. Now I'm out a dress and money. Please help me get my money back.

Original review: May 13, 2014

I ordered from HeleneBridal before reading any reviews. I found a beautiful and affordable dress. I ordered it and paid for standard shipping. It said 15 business days and, a month later, I got worried and emailed them. They apologized and asked when my wedding was. I told them and I got my dress a week after I emailed them. It was just as beautiful as the picture. It fit perfectly and they altered it just as I asked. I did not have the problems the other reviews had. And no I dont work there. I just wanted to let everyone know they aren't all bad.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2013

The items price in this website is cheaper than eBay, Amazon and other Platforms. Last month I wholesaled outer wear from it but find its prices are almost 15% cheaper on the same items after getting the site of Compare.beltal.com; finally I wholesaled some from Iudress.com. Here and now I received them, quite as useful and accurate as I thought before. Only pity is that shipping time is a little longer than usual.

Original review: May 13, 2013

Please think twice before you order a dress with this company. I have ordered an evening gown and was appalled by the quality.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2012

I foolishly ordered a mother of the bride dress from this online scam company! When it did not arrive, I emailed to see what was up. They insisted that they had no order and no such dress. I gave them all the PayPal info I had and they still could not find my order. After reading all the bad online reviews about them, I emailed them back and told them to forget the whole thing and canceled my order. I did several times as they kept emailing me telling I did not have an order with them. I disputed the charge with my bank and PayPal and got a credit. Then, believe it or not, they just sent me an email saying the dress was shipped! I have told them I will not pay for it.

HeleneBridal.com Company Information