Candy Direct

Compare Wedding Websites

Research top Wedding Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I needed to order vintage candy for a trade show and my search turned up Candy Direct, as well as some other vendors. I liked the pricing, and the site looks very professional. The trouble started at checkout when I tried to complete the purchase. The site message at checkout was that the card failed. That was the last communication I received from this vendor. When I went back to the shopping cart, it was empty. My account information was also blank. What happened after the card fail message was: a blank screen.

The next morning, I received a sales email from In an effort to figure out what was going on with my sale, I went back to the site and tried to log in. The site message was that I didn't have an account - but then why are sales emails going through if I didn't create an account? I tried also to create a new account, but the site message was that the email was already registered. I then called the vendor's customer service line: voice mail. I left a message describing the issue and my wish to buy about $400 worth of candy, left name, company and phone number. No return call.

At this point, the card owner said that Candy Direct had called for approval, which was given. Still, there was no communication whatsoever from Candy Direct. I had no idea what was going on. I ordered the candy from a different vendor. After that, the card owner reported that Candy Direct had put the charge for that order through. At this point, it had been about a week since the initial attempt to order and I still had no communication from Candy Direct: no confirmation of order, details about shipping, or return call. I know they had my email because I was still getting sales emails approximately every other day, prompted by the account I signed up for. I then looked up their local number, and called the office directly. I accessed the company directory for (I thought) a sales person and got a polite gentleman who said he was in marketing. I described the issue and asked for someone to please respond and let me know what was going on with my order.

The company had charged the card, but that was the total of what I knew about the order - that my company was being charged for an apparently non-existent product. The most recent check of the card account showed that the charge was reversed and no candy ever arrived. I still have never received any communication whatsoever from this company. It was a valuable lesson: read reviews before doing business with an online vendor! This had a relatively happy outcome in that we didn't pay for products we didn't receive and another vendor was able to fill the order promptly, correctly and with excellent communication.

I ordered the Candy Jar Mix which was touted as being "of the best quality." I could have gotten the same thing at Wal-Mart for half the money. I complained and they offered a 10% discount on my next order. Bad business! Do not use this company. There are so many other candy companies who would treat you better. I gave up on trying to get them to make it right with me as the CFO was not interested in making things right. I gave up and will never order from them again.

I ordered candy on April 30 and paid extra for 3-5 business day shipping. Embarrassingly, I had to ask my mother if she had received her gift and, of course, she had not. I then contacted them today. They were "out of stock" and never bothered to inform me of this. I have been on hold for 15 minutes, long distance and at my expense, to see how they will correct this without any response. They never returned to the phone. I am not sure if I will get my money back. And now it is 3 days until Mother's Day and I’m without a gift and out all the money. I know it is too small a monetary amount for small claims, so I will not have an attorney deal with this. You should be aware, though.

I ordered a 576 ct mini Heath bar for my wedding. The order was placed March 8th. On April 20th, I still had not received it so I called, only to be told - "gosh, not sure why it wasn't shipped; we will ship it right away." I reminded them it was for a June 2nd wedding. Luckily, it did come just a week later - every single bar melted. I called customer service to see what could be done, now less than a month to my wedding. These are the name plates for our guests at a seated dinner. She gets with a manager who simply refuses to try to send them in a cooler or more controlled environment other than a cardboard box via UPS, and simply says, "She can have her money back." Hopefully, before I must now venture out to find the rare candy in such a bulk quantity, now less than a month before my wedding. Thanks for nothing, Candy Direct - you would think such an "experienced" company would know how to ship chocolate to Southern states in May. Horrible experience. Even the poor customer service lady was embarrassed to call me back and deliver the news. At least she seemed human. I will never make this mistake again.

Well, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I am only out $25. All I bought was Black Jack gum. The disclaimer noted that the "best buy" date was 1 year from the date the product was made and that the item was produced every 3-5 years. I thought I was making an informed decision. I was under the impression that my product would be sent to me WITHIN the "best buy" datenot so. My gum was a year over the "best buy" date so I called them and the "owner" who called me back was not helpful at all.

She had the nerve to argue the date that candy should be sold (more than 2 years after production) and that gum is nuculear'. She also insisted that I should pay return shipping on the product after already paying the original shipping fee or else there was nothing left to say'. I was AMAZINGLY frustrated that any company could insist on being paid for shipping twice for a product that was well beyond use. As others have said, the woman who answers the phone is quite polite and that is the best thing that I can say for this company. After contacting the product distributor I was left with the impression that this was not the first complaint that they had received about Good luck to anyone who chooses to do business with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Candy Direct?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I placed an order for a 5lb box of different colored fruit slices. And when the box arrived my husband opened the box and half of them fell out onto the floor and they were the wrong ones. I immediately called and had to leave a message because all customer reps were busy (every time I called). I called 3 days in a row and they finally returned my call 5 days later. Then I had to explain that the item I had ordered was wrong they went on to tell me that what they sent me was the right thing. I told them they were crazy. Thats when the woman told me they had changed the picture of what I had ordered. After listening to this woman tell me repeatedly that they sent me what I had ordered. I flipped out and told her that I would never order from them again. BEWARE of this company. They will send you whatever they want and you can't do anything about it.

I ordered 5lbs of Anise Squares Item # ** on 2/24/11 of which my card was charged the total for the purchase the same day. A week went by and I never received any status on shipping date or confirmation #. On 3/2/11, I called and spoke to a representative regarding the status of my purchase; she took my name and number and told me that she would call me back.

Five hours later, I received an email update regarding the shipping of my purchase (being shipped out on 3/2/11 that same day). I received my purchase on 3/8/11. Nonetheless, the representative never called me back to let me know that they were shipping out the very day I followed up on the status. I would not recommend purchasing candy from this company.

I had ordered two boxes of the charms candy sour ball and got this message a few days after that they already charged my credit card. I called and let Sylvia know that since they only had one box then, to send the one box and credit me the other box. This order was placed on Oct. 12, it is now Oct. 25th! I have not received that one box nor has my credit card been credited for the only box. Very shady business. I really wish I hadn't ordered the candies in the first place. I have sent Sylvia numerous emails asking where the candies are (and even spoke to her on the phone), and most importantly, why haven't I been refunded for the other box that they did not have in the first place? Why was I charged before the shipment was even shipped? I would never recommend this site to anyone.

We have purchased 10-lb boxes of Licorice Scotty Dogs in the past. This box we received on the 16th of August. This candy had a strange taste. I called on August 17 and complained to Sylvia who was going to call me right back. I called again on the 18th and got Sylvia again. She made no attempt to rectify the problem i.e. return the product for replacement, refund or a credit. We're stuck with $35.00 worth of Nasty Licorice.

This company had the nerve to accept more than $400 in candy order for a wedding. When they sent the wrong thing twice, they gave me lip and hung up. I am stuck with 2 orders in error, and no satisfaction for my original order.

i bought two bags of the 200 count mini haribo gold bears. this was the second time i placed this order. the first time i had no problem with the order. the second time, i recieved candy that was hard. i called the company and i was informed that the candy is hard sometimes. i told the female in customer service that i didn't want the hard candy. i was told that i would receive a call back and i gave her my information. i have not received a call back. i would have gladly exchanged the two bags of candy for bags that were not hard. now i have 400 packs of hard gummi bears. i will not be purchasing anything else from this company because i don't know what i will be getting. i tried to access the website and it is not working.

I ordered 48 packets of 3.5 oz Jelly Belly Sours for my wedding guest bags. I received 24 packets of 2.25 oz Jelly Belly Sours and 10 packets of 3.5 oz Jelly Belly Sours with no invoice and a note saying that the rest of my order was on backorder. After trying several times by phone to resolve a replacement for my beans that would end with minimal effort on my end, I finally kept the incorrect shipment with the agreement that they would credit my card for what was not received.

I spoke with one rep first about the tubs and price she hung up on me. I called back got a helpful rep who gave me info and explained that she can not approve this but will transfere me up to the owner. So I ordered 2 tubs of the 144ct count Kitts. I found them on a Candy Direct site that they were currently updating. The price was 16.95 per tub so I ordered two. When I called they told me the tubs were 23.95, I explained the site I am on and gave the link they said I need to speak with the owner who they stated is pregnant and do to go out on maternity leave at any time. I spoke with owner and said she would honor the price and I will see the full amout billed and then a credit for the difference of $14.00 this was never done.

When I received the one tub and a letter stating they were out of stock for the second tub they issued me a credit for only 23.95 one tub I am still waiting to receive my credit for the $7.00 on the one tub. I am appauled at the service and I will not recommend this company to anyone. Yes they have people who answer the phone but they are just order takers and that is probadly only what they get paid for not the service.

On December 7th, I placed an order with Candy Direct on the internet and requested 3 day shipping because I needed the items for a project I was doing that I had a short deadline in getting it out.

One week later on December 14th, I recieved only half of my order (which is not 3 day shipping). I first emailed Candy Direct on the 14th and received no response.

On the 15th I called them and spoke with Sylvia. Sylvia told me that just because I ordered 3 day shipping, it doesnt mean I will recieve the product in three days (HUH?). She also said that sometimes the distributor might not have the items in stock, so it could take awhile before the items are actually shipped out. I brought to her attention that there is not a disclaimer anywhere on the website or on the confirmation that I received after placing my order that items could take up to 1-2 weeks to be shipped out. She then told me that she would need to contact the distributor and had ensured me that she will call me by the end of the day (which she never did).

December 16th, late afternoon, I called Sylvia back reminding her that she was suppose to call me and asked again what was going on with my order. I also mentioned to her that the 16th was my deadline to get my project done and sent out and am now needing the order to shipped over night to me. Again she told me that she would need to contact the distributor. I reminded her that she told me she was going to do that yesterday and call me back by the end of the day. THEN she tells me that she has them there in her possession, but because it was almost 5pm that she would not be able to ship them over night to me until Monday; and that she would put them on her supervisors (Cynthia) desk. I instructed her to have her supervisor call me Monday morning, which she said she would do first thing.

At noon on December 19th, I called Cynthia (as you can see, she never called me). She said she has the order and that she will have to get authorization to have the order sent over night (which Syliva has already promised to do). At this time I had also asked to have the $10.22 shipping cost reimbursed since I didnt receive any of my order in the 3 days that I paid for. Cynthia put me on hold for over 5 minutes. When she finally returned, she said, "GREAT news, I can overnight these to you at no extra cost." Like I had won a prize. She also told me that I cannot get my shipping cost reimbursed. I asked her who authorized that; she said her supervisor (Judy) and asked to speak with her. So, now I am talking to Judy; told her the whole story and told her that I needed the rest of my order right away. She PROMISED me that she would over night it to me and that I would have it by morning of December 20th. I asked her about having the $10.22 reimbursed and she said that because they will be losing on money on overnighting my order, she could not reimburse me the $10.22 (like thats MY fault!); but she did say she would look into it and call me back. She actually did call me back and left me a message indicating that indeed she would NOT reimburse my $10.22 shipping cost because it was going to cost her about $40 to ship the rest of my order (again, not my fault here).

It is now noon on December 20th and guess what?? I have not received the rest of my order. I called Judy and left her a message letting her know that I havent received my order yet. Two hours go by and she never calls me back. So, I call Judy back. She tells me that she didnt send my order out because I never called her back. I told her that there was no reason for me to call her back; i had already been promised (three times by now I believe) that they would be sent over night. So, once again I was promised that it was going to be shipped overnight and that I would have my product by the morning of December 21st.

At 11am today (December 21st) I called Judy letting her know that I havent received my items yet. She proceeded to tell me that she did not ship them and they were now out of the items. I asked her what happened to my items she told me that she had in her hands and had promised me now for four days that they would over night to me and she just said that they were gone.

Needless to say, I am livid. Candy Direct's website has posted the following guarantee;

"We treat all customers with care and respect. The Candy Direct staff strives to provide you with extraordinary service, fast delivery, and fresh product.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Please tell us about your experience with us so that we may learn from our past successes and mistakes."

This in no way shape or form occurred.

On September 19, I ordered a shipment of Altoids breath strips (something you can no longer find in the stores) to be sent to a friend. As it stood, he was out of state visiting his family when UPS attempted to deliver the package, and it was sent back to Candy Direct.

Also on September 19, I left for graduate school in Scotland. While checking the tracking number online at the beginning of October, I saw that the package had been returned, and emailed Candy Direct and asked them what my options would be. A week later, when I still did not hear, I called the company (keep in mind that I am in Scotland now and this was expensive), and spoke with an unpleasant representative. I was informed on the telephone that they would reship the order if I would be willing to repay the shipping charges. I agreed, and gave the woman I spoke with my credit card number again, as well as a different address for the package to be delivered to. She informed me that she would process the order as soon as possible. A few days later I finally received a very pleasant email from the company, asking me what I wanted to do. I emailed back and stated that the matter had already been taken care of and said that I would like the package reshipped.

Two weeks later, I checked my credit card statement and saw that nothing had been charged, and my friend informed me that he had not received the package. At this point, I wrote a lengthy email asking what was happening, and once again stated that I would like the package to be reshipped. Still no response.

A few days after that I once again checked my credit card statement and saw that I had been CREDITED the money for the package back. At this point I was extremely frustrated (still am), and sent yet another email stating my displeasure and restated all of the information. I asked to receive a response so that the package could be reshipped. Today is exactly 2 months from the initial order, and I have never heard from the company again. At this point I angry with the lack of response. Being in Scotland and trying to save my pounds for studying abroad for the year, I am remiss to have to call again.

on or about July 24 I ordered a box of candy to be sent to Julia , Richmond Va for her 95th birthday. The candy was never received by her, although I was billed for $31.54 from candy direct.Of course I was disappointed that she did not receive her gift.

I ordered choc hearts form candy direct for my wedding. Their web site states that chocolates by madelaine are 64pcs/lb and 5lbs are $32.80 so I ordered 25lbs for a total of 1600 pcs. When the order came it was only 40pcs/lb for a total of 1000 pcs in 25lbs. I have emailed them and they fail to see how it is false advertising even though I was shorted 600 pcs. The customer service representive Edna has been very rude and I have been unable to resolve anything

Candy Direct Company Profile