3.06/5
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

17 FatCow Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2018

Our website was hosted by FatCow for about 2 years. All in a sudden our website was not accessible. So we contacted FatCow customer service based out of the Philippines. And that's when we really get to know how horrible FatCow customer service was. At first, we were told we needed to submit some document to them for 'verification' and it would take 24 hours to get our site up and running again. But that didn't happen. 72 hours later, our site was still down. And after several supervisors, we were given conflicting information and excuses after excuses without any real results. This is an unreliable web hosting company and its customer service was incompetent, unreliable, untrustworthy, and completely useless.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I've had my business website hosted with FatCow since 2010. When their customer service was US based, everything was fine. Unfortunately, they now outsource all services to India. I sadly sought their help with "parking" (take offline) and then "unparking" (put back online) my website. Parking did not appear to be an issue. I then requested via FOUR lengthy attempts with Customer Service to put the website back up. They failed. I then receive an email from them asking for $100 to fix the problem.

I had a colleague of mine, a high-level tech person, take a look at all of my back end hosting files. He determined that they pretty much damaged my website files irrevocably, and their convoluted instruction for self-repair were false, and it appeared they were attempting extortion. This has been a disaster!!! DO NOT USE FATCOW!!! Fortunately, I had some of my older version web-files backed up, but for me to reinstate my preferred site I will have to start over. Terrible!!! I will be asking them for a prorated refund of my hosting fees. I'll guess find out if they will return my money or not!

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I tried to transfer my website from another hosting company to FatCow. I spoke with FatCow technical support 3 times and each time they could not explain what was needed to complete the transfer. Customer service told me that since they moved ALL technical support out of the country... it has been poor. I got a refund.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Can you believe that FatCow will only allow you to install SSL certificates purchased through them? Naturally, at their inflated prices. What reputable hosting provider has this limitation. Unfortunately, I already have my certificate purchased through Comodo - the same company that FatCow uses. But, they still won't let me install it. Time to find a new host.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

The tutorials were easy and live chat as well which is nice for someone like me who is not too tech savvy and they were patient. So much appreciated from this end. They have a plethora of options from professional to quirky which is right up my alley because I want to be a little bit of both so it helped me personalize my style. I had everything I needed in this department with no real issues concerning this because my site is small and more for just informational reasons as to many tools. It was pretty easy - just took some time to figure out how to do the images and placement exactly the way I wanted but got it all covered in the end luckily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FatCow?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

This company has given us excellent customer service over the past few months with any problems we have had. The large amount of design tools this company has supplied is amazing and very helpful in our business. We have also noticed many positive comments regarding design tools from friends on our Facebook account. We also have noticed a lot of storage options supplied by this company. We have taken advantage of some of these over the past few months. We have also found a tremendous amount of positive ease of use with this product on the internet.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Wasn't sure at first but ended up learning more than I thought. Easy to understand and learn how to navigate. Very happy with them. Quick and easy to learn. Very informative with great design and details. Very surprised with the various versions. Liked it very much. Very pleased and very surprised at all the different and various options. More than I ever expected from this version. Will definitely recommend to others and use again myself. Had heard good things and read some great reviews. Went way beyond my expectations.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Fortunately I have not necessity of use the custom service services. I am new using fatcow.Com and I have not the opportunity of contact them for any trouble until now. This site have an very friendly place to create your own place to promote your products. The value of the annually it's fine, making a evaluation with other services in the market. Until now I have not much traffic in my site and I will hope that I can upgrade as soon as possible instead that I have to live the bad experience of a collapsed site. The site it is too friendly and it is very easy to be use for unexperienced people like me.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Didn't need much help, but their rep was very helpful when I did. They achieved what I asked for and wanted, and I'm happy with the results. I enjoy using them and I don't know how it could be any easier. Try it! You won't be sorry. :) The storage options are completely adequate. This was the absolute most simple and easy to use Web building site I have ever used, and I recommend it highly and often.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

They generally fix things pretty quickly if something goes wrong. Occasionally, the FTP site went down, but they fixed it within a day. We just use FatCow for FTP service, so there hasn't been too many tools to work with. There is plenty of space on their FTP sites. We have seldom run into any problems regarding space and we transfer gigabytes at a time. So no real issues there. I have found FatCow FTP sites as easy to use as any other FTP site. Typically we use Fetch to upload and download files, and the process has been very smooth in general.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Their customer service is ready to help when you need help. They are extremely friendly and highly knowledgeable in their field, and seem to care about their customers. Their design tools are AWESOME! They have features that many other hosts don't have. They make it super easy to customize the experience and guide you every step of the way. The storage options are just as good as the others. I would say that they are just enough to satisfy my needs and surpass others needs. This hosting service is very easy to use! It is all with the click of my mouse. It is easier because they are there to guide you every step of the way and care about you.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

Easy to use, online staff willing to help troubleshoot. Wonderful experience, was not limited, helped me to get my non profit organization on the web. Plenty of disk space and lots of bandwidth so site was not always overloaded. Easy to use tools to create, easy to set up blogs and forums and connected well with Yahoo and Google. More space than I could even imagine, there was quite a bit of storage and lots of bandwidth, made it easy to have a lot of options to do whatever. I was not familiar with this kind of thing, it almost created itself. Also there are online people that can help you in anyway possible.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service is very fast and reliable. They answer any and all questions. Willing to help any way they can and very polite. Helped me out with a problem I had, issue solved in a very timely manner. The design tools are very simple to use. Very self explanatory if you know what you are doing and how it needs to be done. Almost self explanatory. Def would recommend. The storage space is plenty. You have plenty of room to store various things. Overall happy it, and meets my needs and expectations. I'd recommend it for sure. Very simple to use and very self explanatory. Anybody could use it even if you've never done nothing like this. It's user friendly. I had no problems with it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

The customer service is top notch. They will help you with whatever problem you are experiencing and they have a wide range of website and computer knowledge. The design tools are easy to use and some of the best in the business. They are fairly easy to understand and even if you have limited website designing skill... you should be able to use the tools without any hassles. The storage options are good variety. They offer you a lot of space to store your websites and designs. If you need to save your work, you can rest assure that it will be safely saved. This program is very easy to use. Even if you have limited computer experience, you should be able to use this program without any problems. It's very simple to maneuver.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

This was a different experience for me, but they do provide great customer service and they make you feel like you are appreciated. Just try them and see for yourself. This is a well done design webpage. Great graphics, easy to read and great pictures. Also a great color scan and the graphics are excellent. Just as good as every ones out there. It has enough storage options that will fulfill your needs and this is what you are looking for. This was so easy to use and the ease to sail through a web page was excellent. There were no problems at all and I was totally satisfied with the results.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The customer service was amazing. The knowledge and eagerness to help was so refreshing. I really valued this company for doing so well. The design tool were so easy to use and so ahead of their time. Allowing me to do so much more than others. It was innovative and ahead of others. Storage options were very user friendly and offering a wide variety of the product. The designed storage was capable of so much more than what meets the eye. Nothing was hard about it. I felt like I was assisted the entire time while doing this. It was truly the easiest thing I ever used. I would recommend this to anyone. So user friendly.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

I started with FatCow about 6 years ago and it was a very positive experience for many years. Great uptime, load speeds, and many features available. Support used to be amazing with very knowledgeable people behind the wheel that would address any issue I may have had the first time I would call in and almost always while I was right there on the phone with them. Since they have been bought by the Endurance Group, service all around has turned to garbage. My sites (I have about 10 hosted with them) have since had lackluster performance, they go down about 2-4 times a week for hours at a time, sometimes days. Emails do not always function properly, load speeds have come to a mere crawl (I might as well be back on the old AOL dial up when it comes to my sites). Any features you want to engage with barely work, if at all, or takes several calls to get them going.

Customer service has to now be by far the worst I have ever worked with in my life with any company. When you call in all they do is create a support ticket and they can't even do that very well as the tech knows nothing about what they are doing. They don't listen well enough to write a good support ticket, they give canned responses, blame you for why their service is not working. They say they are going to do something and don't follow through. I have never asked for a credit from them as all I want is to have my sites work. But they did offer me one once and it was a complete joke. I have paid for services that has not worked for months and they keep saying they are working on it but no time frame available.

So they offered me a month of service credit. I think it came out to like $15 or so which by the way never got credited to my account. After the offer I added up the cost of everything that has not been working, it came out to just over $300. I was completely disgusted by the offer and the value they put on me as a longtime customer. I could keep going with the issues I have had, but I think you get my point. After my extreme frustration and constantly being told that my issues are the only ones out there, I decided to hit the net and see what others have experienced. And lo and behold I was not a one off scenario as they have been stated to me. Avoid this company like the plague or you will be very disappointed and deal with a mountain of frustration.

FatCow expert review by ConsumerAffairs

FatCow is an environmentally friendly web-hosting site that powers its servers with wind energy. It offers an all-in-one web hosting package for both personal and business website owners.

• Offers WordPress blogging tools: Bloggers and people who want to quickly and easily build their website can run WordPress through FatCow and use it to accomplish their goals.

• Offers advertising credits for Google and Yahoo to new sign-ups: You can easily boost your site’s traffic by taking advantage of credits to advertise on the biggest search engines.

• 24/7 customer service: FatCow emphasizes customer service and is available via telephone and email.

• No scripting tools: Advanced users might find FatCow’s simple offerings too simplistic, as they cannot easily write and install scripts.

• Price: You can’t host multiple domains via one account.

• Reporting capabilities: It can be difficult to keep track of downtime, traffic, and other important web stats with FatCow.

• Best for: Artists, writers, bloggers and small business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs