FatCow

• 1 stars1
      10%

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with FatCow:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

Fortunately I have not necessity of use the custom service services. I am new using fatcow.Com and I have not the opportunity of contact them for any trouble until now. This site have an very friendly place to create your own place to promote your products. The value of the annually it's fine, making a evaluation with other services in the market. Until now I have not much traffic in my site and I will hope that I can upgrade as soon as possible instead that I have to live the bad experience of a collapsed site. The site it is too friendly and it is very easy to be use for unexperienced people like me.

Didn't need much help, but their rep was very helpful when I did. They achieved what I asked for and wanted, and I'm happy with the results. I enjoy using them and I don't know how it could be any easier. Try it! You won't be sorry. :) The storage options are completely adequate. This was the absolute most simple and easy to use Web building site I have ever used, and I recommend it highly and often.

They generally fix things pretty quickly if something goes wrong. Occasionally, the FTP site went down, but they fixed it within a day. We just use FatCow for FTP service, so there hasn't been too many tools to work with. There is plenty of space on their FTP sites. We have seldom run into any problems regarding space and we transfer gigabytes at a time. So no real issues there. I have found FatCow FTP sites as easy to use as any other FTP site. Typically we use Fetch to upload and download files, and the process has been very smooth in general.

Their customer service is ready to help when you need help. They are extremely friendly and highly knowledgeable in their field, and seem to care about their customers. Their design tools are AWESOME! They have features that many other hosts don't have. They make it super easy to customize the experience and guide you every step of the way. The storage options are just as good as the others. I would say that they are just enough to satisfy my needs and surpass others needs. This hosting service is very easy to use! It is all with the click of my mouse. It is easier because they are there to guide you every step of the way and care about you.

Easy to use, online staff willing to help troubleshoot. Wonderful experience, was not limited, helped me to get my non profit organization on the web. Plenty of disk space and lots of bandwidth so site was not always overloaded. Easy to use tools to create, easy to set up blogs and forums and connected well with Yahoo and Google. More space than I could even imagine, there was quite a bit of storage and lots of bandwidth, made it easy to have a lot of options to do whatever. I was not familiar with this kind of thing, it almost created itself. Also there are online people that can help you in anyway possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FatCow?

Customer service is very fast and reliable. They answer any and all questions. Willing to help any way they can and very polite. Helped me out with a problem I had, issue solved in a very timely manner. The design tools are very simple to use. Very self explanatory if you know what you are doing and how it needs to be done. Almost self explanatory. Def would recommend. The storage space is plenty. You have plenty of room to store various things. Overall happy it, and meets my needs and expectations. I'd recommend it for sure. Very simple to use and very self explanatory. Anybody could use it even if you've never done nothing like this. It's user friendly. I had no problems with it.

The customer service is top notch. They will help you with whatever problem you are experiencing and they have a wide range of website and computer knowledge. The design tools are easy to use and some of the best in the business. They are fairly easy to understand and even if you have limited website designing skill... you should be able to use the tools without any hassles. The storage options are good variety. They offer you a lot of space to store your websites and designs. If you need to save your work, you can rest assure that it will be safely saved. This program is very easy to use. Even if you have limited computer experience, you should be able to use this program without any problems. It's very simple to maneuver.

This was a different experience for me, but they do provide great customer service and they make you feel like you are appreciated. Just try them and see for yourself. This is a well done design webpage. Great graphics, easy to read and great pictures. Also a great color scan and the graphics are excellent. Just as good as every ones out there. It has enough storage options that will fulfill your needs and this is what you are looking for. This was so easy to use and the ease to sail through a web page was excellent. There were no problems at all and I was totally satisfied with the results.

The customer service was amazing. The knowledge and eagerness to help was so refreshing. I really valued this company for doing so well. The design tool were so easy to use and so ahead of their time. Allowing me to do so much more than others. It was innovative and ahead of others. Storage options were very user friendly and offering a wide variety of the product. The designed storage was capable of so much more than what meets the eye. Nothing was hard about it. I felt like I was assisted the entire time while doing this. It was truly the easiest thing I ever used. I would recommend this to anyone. So user friendly.

I started with FatCow about 6 years ago and it was a very positive experience for many years. Great uptime, load speeds, and many features available. Support used to be amazing with very knowledgeable people behind the wheel that would address any issue I may have had the first time I would call in and almost always while I was right there on the phone with them. Since they have been bought by the Endurance Group, service all around has turned to garbage. My sites (I have about 10 hosted with them) have since had lackluster performance, they go down about 2-4 times a week for hours at a time, sometimes days. Emails do not always function properly, load speeds have come to a mere crawl (I might as well be back on the old AOL dial up when it comes to my sites). Any features you want to engage with barely work, if at all, or takes several calls to get them going.

Customer service has to now be by far the worst I have ever worked with in my life with any company. When you call in all they do is create a support ticket and they can't even do that very well as the tech knows nothing about what they are doing. They don't listen well enough to write a good support ticket, they give canned responses, blame you for why their service is not working. They say they are going to do something and don't follow through. I have never asked for a credit from them as all I want is to have my sites work. But they did offer me one once and it was a complete joke. I have paid for services that has not worked for months and they keep saying they are working on it but no time frame available.

So they offered me a month of service credit. I think it came out to like $15 or so which by the way never got credited to my account. After the offer I added up the cost of everything that has not been working, it came out to just over $300. I was completely disgusted by the offer and the value they put on me as a longtime customer. I could keep going with the issues I have had, but I think you get my point. After my extreme frustration and constantly being told that my issues are the only ones out there, I decided to hit the net and see what others have experienced. And lo and behold I was not a one off scenario as they have been stated to me. Avoid this company like the plague or you will be very disappointed and deal with a mountain of frustration.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

FatCow is an environmentally friendly web-hosting site that powers its servers with wind energy. It offers an all-in-one web hosting package for both personal and business website owners.

• Offers WordPress blogging tools: Bloggers and people who want to quickly and easily build their website can run WordPress through FatCow and use it to accomplish their goals.
  • Offers advertising credits for Google and Yahoo to new sign-ups: You can easily boost your site’s traffic by taking advantage of credits to advertise on the biggest search engines.
  • 24/7 customer service: FatCow emphasizes customer service and is available via telephone and email.
  • No scripting tools: Advanced users might find FatCow’s simple offerings too simplistic, as they cannot easily write and install scripts.
  • Price: You can’t host multiple domains via one account.
  • Reporting capabilities: It can be difficult to keep track of downtime, traffic, and other important web stats with FatCow.
  • Best for Artists, writers, bloggers and small business owners.

Compare Web Hosting