Suncoast Energy

Orlando, FL

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Like everyone else who have posted, I am shocked that the authorities allow companies like this to take advantage of people with their unreal gas prices. Yes, we have a choice to do business or not but when in a new area or one where you really have little choice due to airport location, etc. the consumer should not have to do business this way. How the State of Florida, City of Orlando that ultimately regulates businesses lets them continue is unreal. I also blame the rental car companies and the Orlando International Airport for not putting pressure on service stations or designing the airport without adequate facilities nearby convenient to pump gas.

Sun Gas Station, 5600 Butler National Drive, Orlando. While I can't speak to the price of the gas - I didn't even check and the receipt doesn't display the price anywhere! - I too was returning a rental car and had to return it with a full tank. Cdn credit card can't be used at the pump so I had to ask the employee how I was supposed to do that if I didn't know how much I needed? "Oh, all you need to do is pay more than you think you will use by credit card, pump the gas and anything over will be credited back to your card", I was told. I doubted this very much and specifically confirmed that I didn't have to come back in to get the credit processed. "No, it is all done automatically" I was again told. So, I paid $50 and pumped $39.95 of gas...

Now, I'm home and checked my credit card transactions. You guessed it, the full $50 was charged (Cdn $67.59) and there is NO SIGN OF A CREDIT! And of course I have absolutely no way at all of proving any of this - as the employees and owner well know! So, either the employee ripped me off and pocketed the difference in cash (very easy to do to balance the till with the receipts) or he was doing as told by the owner and probably gets a kick-back later. Edit: Now that I think about it I guess I can speak to the price of the gas - since I only pumped gas for a few seconds and knew it was almost full anyway, there is NO WAY I could have pumped $40 of gas UNLESS I was being charged way more than the going rate per gallon.

How can a gas company charge 600 gallon when place right down road is only 210. This is a rip off company.

I was trying to fill up the gas before I returned my rental car. Suncoast Energys was the first one that showed up in my GPS. I was shocked to see $5.95 per gallons gas but did not question due to short of time. After it filled, I saw $2.00 per gallon gas in less than a half mile away. If I left it to the rental company, they would have charged $3 per gallon. I just can't believe that you are allowed to do business this way. It is a rip off!!!

My son and I were returning our rental car close to the airport. I stopped for gas, and asked my son to pump it for me while I figured out the correct directions to the car rental location. We had seen other stations that gas was priced at $1.79/gallon so I assumed this would be the case even though I didn't see a sign. After he filled the tank, he told me something was wrong because it was showing gas at almost $6/gallon. I went in and asked the attendant if there was an error, and he told me "no". When I asked him why it was so expensive, he just told me because they were close to the airport. The gas ended up costing more than my car rental for 3 days. For Orlando being such a tourist town, I'm not sure how this is allowed. It certainly left a desire for me to travel anywhere else but there now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suncoast Energy?

I was visiting a friend in Orlando this weekend and was heading back to Interlachen and stopped at this gas station because it was the most convenient gas station before my exit. I thought it was strange that there was no sign but didn't think anything of it. The pumps do not display the price until you slide your card and when I did slide my card and saw $5.95 per gallon I thought it must have been a mistake. Something told me to cancel the transaction and google it when I found these reviews on ConsumerAffairs. Thankfully I was not in a rush and was driving my own car and live an hour and a half away because I had time to go to another gas station. Had I been in a rush like I usually am I probably wouldn't have even noticed it. I would have slid my card and pressed the nozzle to do automatic pumping like I usually do.

This is really sad that this company takes advantage of people this way. It's OBVIOUS that their effort to conceal their price gouging is intentional on every level and I know eventually they will be shut down for it. Bad business practices always result in your own failure in the end. If only they put that much effort into positive innovation and relationships instead they might have real success. ;)

Was low on gas after dropping my husband off at the airport and stopped across the street from another service station charging the going rate of $1.739/gal. I figured this station would be charging around the same price though there was no sign visible from SR 436. There was a sign under the foliage after you turn onto a side road, but if you are paying attention to the road to turn into the station, it is easy to miss (low down under shrubs, flat paint green numbers on green background). The pump is off and not displaying prices when you pull up. It wasn't until $8.50 of the last $10.00 in my pocket was spent, that I realized the $1.959/gal I thought I was seeing, was actually $5.959/gal. I was stunned. I know immoral and unethical people exist in this world, but this situation really should be changed.

It's crazy that the state allows this company to get away with this kind of theft since price gouging only applies now during times of declared emergency. "Buyer beware" some may say, but the signs are intentionally hidden and being slightly dyslexic, I really didn't see the numbers until it was too late. The Better Business Bureau and everyone I know on FB will be hearing about this. If nothing else, maybe I can save someone else from this kind of fleecing and keep some money out of the pockets of these crooks. And shame on the people who choose to work for this company!

Before I could properly realize what was going on I was charged $5.95 for gas that was at a market prices less than $2. Shame on me for not being more aware of my surroundings. I just never suspected someone could do something like this in the USA. I used my credit card for the purchase, and complained to them. But guess what? Buyer beware... there was nothing they could do. I did make a complaint to the Attorney General (Pam Bondi) office, but I doubt that will help. All I can say is please be aware of your surroundings, and let as many people you know be aware as well. In the end I pray the owners of this company get what they deserve.

Worst rip-off in Florida. My husband and I needed to fill up our rental car before dropping it off and this is the closest gas station, though there is one across the street and another at the next block. They charged us 5.97 a gallon even though Wawa, less than 1/4 a mile away, was 1.92. There are no signs from the road. We paid $24 more than the going rate. It should have only been $23!!! How is this legal? Going to try to complain to my Capital One. Maybe they can have the card declined in future or something. I didn't even know to watch out for this kind of thing. And I thought the tolls here were bad.

Like the rest of the folks on this site, I was returning a rental car to the airport and had to fill up. I just pulled in, paid with a credit card at the pump, filled up, took the receipt, and about passed out. $5.959/gallon!!! I then looked at the price posted on the pump and sure enough, it was there. The price clearly posted across the street at another station is $1.93/gallon!! I looked around to see if there were any other obvious postings for Suncoast Energy and there were none. I have filed a formal complaint with the Florida Attorney General's office and would suggest you all do the same.

I bought my usual 60 dollars of gas which gets me almost a full tank of gas at Sun Gas Station on Semoran Blvd. My 60 dollars got me half a tank of gas. I was like, "Whaaaat?!!"

This gas station preys on unsuspecting tourists. They are on the last exit before the airport, so tourists returning rental cars will stop there, not realizing until the gas starts flowing they're are being ripped off. They do not post their prices, and charge nearly $6/gallon for gas.

In a rush to get back to airport and pulled into gas station at 8pm, gave my credit card to attendant at counter and went out to pump gas. Pumping gas and turned to hang up pump and 16 gallons of gas $96. Whaaaattt!? Went inside and complained and looked at me like I was stupid. I am not and very upset that the government of Florida or US lets this happen to tourists. Would not happen in tourist friendly country like Canada. This place must get some rage incidents because I felt like trashing the place. Disgraceful!

As with all previous posts, I too was gauged for $5.95/gallon gas. Shocking and too far beyond the norm to be overlooked by the Consumer Affairs! This is deceptive pricing and should carry a penalty!

I was returning home to New Jersey & had to return my rental car with a full tank of gas. I was not familiar with the area around the Orlando Airport & Suncoast was the first gas station I saw. There were no signs posted with the price per gallon & so I pulled in. I ended up paying $5.959 a gallon for a total of $51.39 for 1/2 tank of gas. This practice is a disgrace & all they're doing is taking advantage of all travelers who have to fill their gas tanks & don't have the time to go elsewhere. Suncoast Energy should be ashamed of themselves & they should be shut done or have to pay a hefty fine.

We were running short on time and had to fill up gas in a rental car before returning it to the Orlando Airport on Nov 30, 2014. Didn't see any other gas stations around so felt like we had no choice but to "bend over" and take the gas at $5.95 PER GALLON!!! We did not want to risk missing our flight. Then we saw, unfortunately after we had already filled up, that the Wawa station a couple of blocks away was only $2.66 a gallon. I wish we had seen that first. SUNCOAST IS OUTRAGEOUSLY EXPENSIVE. How do they get away with that? Is there something special about their gas????

Price for regular $5.95 not posted. Only noticed right before we pumped. Went to Wawa one block away for $2.66 per gallon. What a ripoff for unwary consumers.

This company is just taking advantage of the fact that it is close to the Orlando Airport and charges outrageous prices for gas. I don't understand why the city and state government do not place limits on how much they have to charge for gas. Any customer who suffers this usury once will tell others and will complain. This is an example of how bad government lets some companies be. I'm telling all my friends who go to Orlando!!

Half the pumps were out of order. The pump put a "secret" limit on our gas and we had to fuel twice. The pump declined our cards several times before the sales person authorized the pump and held our card until we were finished. No clearly visible signs for gouged prices. Grammar is incorrect on the business name, which should have been a clue for this shady gas station.

I had to fill up my rental car at the end of my stay in Orlando. I went to the nearest station to my hotel that was provided by my GPS. I was halfway through filling my tank when I noticed the price was almost $6 per gal., almost double the market rate! I was completely amazed. How can you department of consumer affairs allow such a blatant rip off of the public. The visitors to Orlando are your lifeblood. Being ripped off at a gas station like this is one of the last memories a visitor has of their visit to Orlando and it is not a pleasant one, but one they are sure to relate to other. The department of consumer affairs may not be able to stop them but they can have signs posted around the station advertising their price, and notify every hotel in the area to warn their guests away from this crooked company.

$5.95 gas when the going rate was about $3.50, 3/12/2014.

I got gas at the one near Orlando airport before returning a rental car and I didn't notice till after I was pumping gas that the price was $5.79 and across the street was $5.79 and so I look on GasBuddy and seen a gas station down the street for $3.43 and so I stopped the pump and told the lady inside that I'm going to sue them and left and so I am going to sue them. DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS W/ SUN COAST ENERGY.

We fly out of Orlando yearly, stopped by early on June 1, 2013 to fill up and my husband put in 23 dollars and realized the amount of gallons and the price were not adding up. Small sign on the side of the building shows $5.95. I paid with my American Express and plan on disputing this charge. I went in and told the clerk we would get in touch with Suncoast. I will get in touch with the Fla. Attorney General.

Like many other hardworking folks, I was subject to the $5.79 per gallon gas rate at Suncoast Energy Station near the Orlando airport. Since the station across the street was also charging $5.79 per gallon, isn't there some well-meaning attorney that would spend some time determining whether there was a basis for a class-action lawsuit for blatant price fixing over the last few years?

I emailed Florida Attorney General's Office. Everyone must do this. No signs are at this gas station that shows the price. The price on the pump itself is faded until you take a closer look. $5.95 for a gallon is ridiculous. It's the first gas station when going towards the airport and you have to fill the rental car. If you have a choice, opt for the rental gas refill.

I paid $75 for 12.586 gallons of regular unleaded gas priced at $5.959 on October 21, 2012. It was late at night and the prices were hard to read. I guess gasoline is priced competitively. I was a bit confused at the price. I was thinking it was priced in some other quantity, perhaps, priced per liter. This company rips off tourists. I am shocked to see they have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

We filled up at Suncoast Energy the other day. They charge over six dollars for a regular gas. We filled up 12 gallons, and it was around $75. We did not have time to stop pumping and search for a different gas station, because we had to catch our flight. I have been to dozens of other airports, and all gas stations around the airport charge around a 20% premium. It's not double and not in a deceptive way. There were no visible signs on the lot, and the prices on the pumps are not very visible. The LED display with the price per gallon is dimmed and old, so it's difficult to tell the price. The place is a ripoff. There is a BP station across the street that charges the same price. However, that place has a large sign that's visible from the street. At least they are someone fair on that part.

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012, I needed to put fuel in my vehicle before returning to Melbourne. I stopped at the first gas station I came upon prior to getting on FL 528 at Semoran Rd. This was Suncoast Energy. I did not see the price sign as I pulled in. I had not looked closely to see the price until I started pumping and saw $5.95 per gallon for regular! I stopped pumping, having enough to get home. At first, I thought gas prices were just higher in Orlando! I now wish I had gone inside to challenge the price. After seeing other complaints about this same company and near the Orlando Airport, I decided to write this and further investigate this price gouging.

Suncoast Energy Gas station at 5928 Butler International Drive is taking people to the cleaners. We had to return our rental car with a full gas tank and this gas station, which seemed to be the only one we could find, charged us $5.95, 9/10 a gallon when the price we saw a few miles away was $3.69 a gallon. I thought President Obama said he wouldn't stand for price gouging when it came to gas. What gives?

It's very upsetting to see a business take total advantage of a tourist. $5.95 a gallon for 87 Octane gas?! It seemed the average price in the Orlando area was $3.60. This is complete highway robbery. Shame on them.

Suncoast Energy Company Profile