1.29/5
  • 1 star
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 9, 2017

67 Laclede Gas Co. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I have a problem with Laclede Gas Company getting me a payoff letter for a loan they gave me to add insulation for my house. I called them on August 24 & paid off my loan & requested a payoff letter because I needed it to get my home refinanced; however, I haven't received it at this time and it has been 12 business days. I have a rate lock on my loan & it's getting close to the end of my lock date. UGH. I can't understand why it's taking so long & I have called 4 times & told them it's urgent and all they tell me each time I call it's submitted and they work them in the order received. I'm not happy it is taking so long and it may end up making my loan fail!!! I write a better review if it is handled promptly.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I have never wished for my apartment to be all electric more than with Laclede Gas (soon to be Spire). This company will charge you hidden fees any chance they get. Never was I told about an "initiation fee" of $25. Also you will be charged $1.60 every month just to pay your bill. Please don't think you can choose another company to receive your gas from as Laclede (soon to be Spire) is the only game in town. Can you say illegal monopoly?!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 24, 2017

I called and asked to speak to a supervisor after I explained to them that I made a payment in June that they claim they did not receive and was told 3 times that they did not transfer to a supervisor. So called the toll free number and twice got transferred to a supervisor. Ridiculous that they treat their customers this way and charge $150 to people who can't afford their expensive bills every month. After paying it, I was told I still had to wait a full business day to get my service turned on. Total experience outside of my last call was bad. I have yet received a callback from a sup or an apology for their oversight.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Have called several times and not one person can tell me why they take 150.00 deposit. It is so upsetting. A 42.64 cost over 300.00 to get it turned back on. I get the fee to turn on but the 150.00 for no reason. It is not like I owed tons. I had medical emergency. And was not able to open mail so not only did I have medical ER bills now they take 150.00 for no reason... Update the girl is blaming the mo board of commission. Guess they will be my next call. Wonder how far behind Walmart is and bet the owe and never been turned off grr.

Original review: April 1, 2017

The citizens of Saint Louis City should have other options other than Laclede Gas. We have other bills other than Laclede. I called today (noticed it 3 mos ago) what are these two charges, delivery of service and natural gas cost. No other companies are charging their customers $46 reoccurring just to have services. At this rate many people are going to be without heat or something!!! Someone needs to step up and step in. This is outrageous and unacceptable!!! I Hate Laclede Gas...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Laclede Gas Co.?

Original review: March 14, 2017

My account is behind... yeah. I've been trying to make it right with Laclede, but they won't move an inch. My payment to avoid disconnection is due by March 23, 2017... I work for the City of St. Louis and don't get paid until March 24 (of course). I called to see if I could delay my payment by that one day, as I won't have the money until payday... or if I could use my deposit to pay for the balance - Stephanie is who I spoke with. No they can't delay it by one day and no they can't use my balance. So, even though I have money in my Laclede account, I can't access it, and they won't give me an extra day by letting me give then my payment information to process on the 24th instead of the 23rd.

She told me that my services can be cut off at any time after the 23rd and that will cost me $62 to get services reinstated even though I'm trying everything I can to ensure they don't get cut off. She pretended to talk to her supervisor by putting me on hold for a couple seconds at a time... literally about 3 to 5, not long enough to ask a question or even say a word... and said there was nothing that could be done. I said to her that, even though I was trying to do the right thing, I had money on deposit that I wasn't being allowed to use, and it was only a matter of one day, they were basically telling me I was screwed because they were in complete control and wouldn't bend an inch. If this were anyone else, I would take my services elsewhere and they would get $20 a month until they were paid off.

Original review: March 12, 2017

On Friday I called Laclede to set up an appt. to get my gas turned on. I was told that I would have to pay my previous bill which I did and that my gas would be on the next day at noon. It is now 730 pm and my gas is still not on. A guy called me from Laclede at 5 pm and told me he was on his way, but still had not shown up by 615. I called him back on the same number and was told that he had reached the front of my house and was called out on an emergency gas leak at Starbucks. Understanding the situation the guy asked me if anyone had contacted me. I said no and he apologized.

The problem is that I just had a baby and have a newborn in the house. It's 26 degrees outside and I have no heat. The guy gave me an emergency number to call and the lady put me on a emergency list and said that she would send out a tech asap and apologized for the inconvenience. No one has yet to show up and now I have to take my baby to a hotel til Monday when they open back up. Laclede needs to handle appts differently. Wish I had another option but I don't.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

$50 MARKUPS. CALLED CUSTOMER CHARGE and DELIVERY FEE EVERY MONTH. IS UNACCEPTABLE and OUTRAGEOUS! In my case it's a 700% markup, except in winter when it's about a 60% average markup of actual gas used plus municipal tax. Ridiculous! Laclede Gas Company's additional fees on top of actual gas used and municipal tax, is outrageous! Every bill, every month, is my proof. I protest this Monopoly! I protest being overcharged so grossly!! I lived in another state for almost 2 decades and my average MONTHLY gas utility bill was never more than $6 total including tax; yes, under $10 every month, because in that state customers were charged for actual gas plus municipal tax only!

In Missouri, Laclede Gas bills are ridiculously high!! Unacceptable how casually accepted the overcharging is by consumers; I demand the markups be removed permanently for all residents with Laclede Gas service. Unacceptable for Laclede Gas to force the markup charges on the consumer! Brutally abusive monopoly; infuriating!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

The absolute worst company to deal with. It took months to get my gas service started cause they said that I was a new build and I needed lines to get ran out to my location. They said that they didn't have anyone that could come out for weeks. Finally when someone was able to come out all they needed to do was install a meter. What I told them they needed from the start. Now they are threatening me to shut off my service because of a financial responsibility thing because of someone else didn't pay their bill.

After several times on the phone with customer support and faxing in paperwork they made a clerical error and now my information is on the other person's account. After trying to tell them that this is all their mix up they told me to pay them or they will shut off my service. Then go to the police station to file a identity theft report and then go sue the other person to recoup my money that I have to pay MGE so my service doesn't get shut off. Seriously this company is a horrible joke.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

Laclede Gas Bill charges? $53.00 for gas, $32.00 for DELIVERY CHARGES... The gas comes from the same underground line it always has, and $23.00 Monthly Gas Meter RENTAL. Meter Rental!!! I called them awhile back to discuss my bill and was advised in the future to contact my local MGE gas company. Why. Laclede bought out MGE so why contact MGE anymore?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

My lease requires that I keep a constant MGE (Laclede) account or I could be in default. I use ZERO gas in the summertime (hot water is provided by the complex -- a "water fee" is figured into my lease). I get billed TWENTY EIGHT dollars a month for SERVICE CHARGES in the summer while using zero gas. Not one bit of gas and I've paid over $115.00 this summer... for NOTHING. How can they get away with this? I understand a Service Charge... yes. But twenty-eight dollars (+) a month... for NOTHING!!! This is the MOST OBVIOUS monopoly I've ever seen. Should be illegal, but there is no other gas companies in KCMO.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I have lived in this house over 17 years and always paid my bills on time. Except for some small glitches that my ex wife caused, we have been ok with the Gas service. About a month ago I had a family emergency in another state and went there to help. I was gone about 3 weeks. When I got back, I had mail from the Gas company saying that I should pay 512.00 to close out the account. I had no idea what they were talking about so I called and found out that they had shut off my gas with no warning.

I had no idea that they had done this and checking my mail, could find no warnings of impending shut off. The Public Utilities Commission was notified so they could check and LaClede said they had sent notices. This was obviously not true. LaClede is now changing their name to Spire and the rate of shutoffs has been going up. The employees tell me they have been told this is so they can charge more reconnection fees and make the new company look good.

On top of this they have turned my account over to collections without making any effort to help me out. They are a monopoly and they treat their customers bad and their employees, if all the complaints I see on the internet are correct. This is one of the reasons that Missouri should be deregulated so that Natural Gas users will have a choice.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I received a letter from Laclede Gas on Saturday, 4-30-2016 referencing an important meter change to be completed as soon as possible. This letter references a required meter change at my residential address... "We are asking for your help in coordinating an appointment time when you will be available for a technician from Laclede Gas to perform a meter change..." "Please take a moment to call us at 314-621-6960 or 1-800-887-4173..." "There will be no charge for the service, but it is important that we complete the meter change as soon as possible."

My wife called on Monday, May 2, 2016 at 11:00 AM and was told by the Laclede employee the first available appointment is Tuesday, May 17th, 2016 and the time frame would be 7:30 AM to 12:00 noon for a Laclede technician to do the service. My wife repeated the date verbally aloud: "May 17th 2016 between 7:30 AM and 12:00 noon that someone would be at our address." for confirmation. This was confirmed verbally and my wife proceeded to document the date and time frame for the service as she normally would confirm an appointment. I must state that my wife called the next available business day after receiving the request letter to help facilitate Laclede Gas' request for this important and prompt meter change.

Tuesday, May 17th, 2016. NO ONE ARRIVED BETWEEN 7:30 AM and 12:00 NOON AS INSTRUCTED BY LACLEDE GAS ON MAY 2, 2016. No one called to inform us to avoid wasting anymore of our personal time waiting for this "important" service. I called the 314-621-6960 at 5:55 PM and followed the menu system PROMPTS and constantly heard "Someone will be with you shortly" recording on this phone call! After 2 hours of waiting, my wife hung up the phone.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016. I called the 314-621-6960 number around 8:00 AM and was on hold for a very long time and was told by a Laclede gas employee that our appointment was for May 18th, between 7:30 and 12:00 noon AND NOT FOR MAY 17TH between 7:30 and 12:00 Noon. NO ONE ARRIVED BETWEEN 7:30 AM and 12:00 NOON ON WEDNESDAY, May 18. No one called again to inform us not to waste anymore personal time waiting for service from Laclede Gas. I called the 314-621-6960 AGAIN and left my callback phone number (instead of wasting more hours of my time being placed on hold). A Kaitlyn from Laclede called my phone number and stated that the log showed that an "Anita" documented my wife did indeed call and schedule the appointment for Laclede Gas to perform this important service on May 17th 2016 between 7:30 AM and noon by the employee, Anita.

Kaitlyn stated someone had it set up for May 18, 2016. I requested to talk to a supervisor. I was again put on hold to speak to a supervisor and hung up the phone after again waiting many minutes. Kaitlyn called back again and explained she placed me on hold and was explaining to the supervisor what was happening to my wife and I. Kaitlyn stated the supervisor was currently on hold on this call and was waiting for my call to be transferred. NOW, Kaitlyn informed me that our May 18th appointment was removed / and NEVER REASSIGNED FOR ANYONE TO PERFORM THIS SO CALLED IMPORTANT METER CHANGE ON May 18th between 7:30 and noon. So, we wasted another half-day and no one was even arranged to come to perform this important service. I told Kaitlyn that Laclede Gas is deceitful, lacks integrity and any resemblance to honest professionalism.

I told Kaitlyn I would not waste another day setting up another appointment through the same Laclede system since Laclede Gas will lie, change scheduled appointment records, and be totally unprofessional (the Laclede Gas workers that showed up unexpectedly and unscheduled stated it would take 15 minutes); BUT I WOULD SET UP AN HOUR TIME FRAME AND DATE THROUGH LACLEDE GAS TO HAVE THIS IMPORTANT SERVICE PERFORMED... My wife and I had already twice in two consecutive days attempted to have service performed by Laclede Gas. I told Kaitlyn I would pass this information to the supervisor, Richard when we speak. Kaitlyn then said she was transferring my call to the waiting supervisor by the name of "Richard". Again after waiting for a very acceptable amount of time (since I was told the supervisor was on hold waiting to talk to me); I hung up the phone.

No one contacted me from Laclede for any further scheduled meter change. Laclede Gas personnel showed up TOTALLY UNSCHEDULED (per Laclede Gas letter - "We are asking for your help in coordinating an appointment time when you will be available for a technician from Laclede Gas to perform a meter change..." UNEXPECTED/UNPLANNED/UNANNOUNCED around 1:45 PM on Wednesday, May 18, 2016. They stated they just received an unexpected order to perform a meter change at my address. I informed them that my wife and I scheduled an appointment for Tuesday, May 17, 2016 and heard absolutely nothing. I called Laclede Gas this morning and was told the appointment service was for Wednesday, May 18, between 7:30 and 12:00 noon.

Again, no one came for the service. Now, you come WITHOUT being scheduled by me to perform a so-called important service in which I have reserved and taken my own personal time for the past two consecutive days to have performed. The Laclede workers were told by me that I am in the middle of something else and I need to reschedule through Laclede Gas (a third appointment) per their own instructions and policy. One Laclede worker stated my gas could be shut off... I emphatically stated that would be crazy - Laclede Gas is the party 100% at fault and lacks any integrity or professional to take care of the meter change. Additionally, Laclede Gas sent letters to their customers requesting prompt scheduling of service for the meter replacement.

Common sense would state to increase their phone staff (during this heavy response time) to handle the amount of additional phone calls they were instructing their customers to do as soon as possible. THIS SEEMS NOT TO BE THE CASE. Instead Laclede's customers were burdened with very very long hold times attempting to schedule Laclede's own requested important service through their scheduling system. In my case, the actual scheduled times (twice) through Laclede's own system were totally overlooked, removed, or changed and never performed.

I am in disbelief that a "Utility Service" company resorts to fraudulent statements, and actually changing documented records to coincide with their own misrepresentations and incompetence. Laclede Gas seems to lack common respect, integrity, professionalism, and honesty. Laclede Gas - you SHOULD BE a SERVICE company.... NOT A "DISSERVICE" company to the residents/customers you are suppose to be providing a service(s). As of the present, Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 1:00 PM, this "Richard", a Laclede Gas supervisor has not contacted my wife or I in regards to their total "mess-up".

Original review: April 25, 2016

I'm trying to figure out how it's legal to monopolize a utility, such as natural gas, and then have a surcharge every month for being a customer. That is entirely unfair. I'm being charged $19.50 a month JUST for being a customer. On top of that I get charged for "delivery" of said gas, and then again for the actual product used. My bill this past month, with no furnace usage, leaving ONLY the water heater is $75! $49.38 of that is JUST surcharge fees for being a customer. That's absurd. How has nothing been done about this yet?!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

I live in a home that's mostly electric but we do use gas for the dryer and hot water. My bills are outrageously high even in the summer! I'm positive that there's a problem, even the billing is confusing to me. I'll receive a bill for $250 but when I call a rep will say $750-$1000... for gas? I'm not driving my home so I don't understand. There are 3 people including me who live in this house and unless we're running a laundromat, how is this possible. I've had a rep laugh at me when I suggested that there's obviously a problem.

I've received a call from Dan ** apologizing and confirming that there was a mistake and I was refunded. My balance was 0, my services were reconnected! Our service is usually shut off for 6-8 months out of the year. Even after receiving help in late October and getting my services restored my bill is still $700 and about to be shut off any day and it's December. And No wonder so many poor people burn to death during the winter months. These utility companies received millions of dollars every year from the government on behalf of poor people but because you're poor your bills are usually so high that you always need help and so the utility companies bully.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I was being billed monthly for my service. Randomly one month my bill was $600.00. When I called to inquire about the bill, I was told that the computers were not getting a reading from my gas meter and a technician would come out and replace my meter and get a reading. A tech came out and changed everything and turned my service off as requested. But my bill was still the same amount! After several calls, I spoke with Tara. I had several questions such as:

If the computer couldn't read my usage, what calculations did you use for my bill? Tara (supervisor) stated that the amount used was based off of the past 12 months. An average of $180.00 per month was the amount billed. I asked her to give me each month and she stated that she couldn't do that. When was the last time that the computer got a reading from my Gas meter? I want to know is how the average is $180 a month when the only thing in my apartment that uses gas is my furnace. My stove and water heater are electric. The technician verified that. When I spoke with Shannon earlier today, Shannon stated that half of my bill was needed in order to turn my service back on. Why when the company does not know what my actual usage is!?? This is absurd! I would like to have that budget amount recalculated due to the fact that I am never at home to use much cubic square feet of gas.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

Gas Shut Off No Leniency - Laclede Gas has absolutely NO empathy for working people who are trying to make ends meet. Their idea of helping is either pay some ridiculous exorbitant amount or they'll shut your gas off. You have to be near dirt poor to receive energy assistance. I'm far from that but like so many people I'm struggling to pay bills. Laclede Gas is worse than the IRS. It's a travesty that people die in house fires due to using space heaters because they have no gas. At 4900 Block of Plover today, children died. It's sickening. Laclede Gas are monopolistic bullies.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2015

I own a house that is currently occupied by a tenant. The tenant is moving out and I called Laclede 2 months in advance to have the gas turned BACK OVER into my name. They are charging me $25! Even though there has been no cancellation of service, and no interruption! $25 to change a name in a computer. Funny thing, I just got off the phone with Ameren UE Missouri and they were AMAZING to deal with. Super friendly on the phone, and ZERO charge to change it back into my name. ZERO!

I just think Laclede is taking advantage of people. I have no other choice but to use Laclede gas. I have no other choice but to put the gas back in my name (like it was the past 6 other years). And I get charged $25 each time? It's a monopoly. It's robbery. Shame on you Laclede. And shame on your Missouri for allowing a company to rob its citizens like this. Look at all the horrible reviews Laclede gets. Who is going to do something about this?? Attorney General? Chris Koster? Stand up for your people. Put limitations on big business.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

Back in May, I received a letter from Laclede Gas stating that they needed to have a tech come out and check my meter. The letter stated that if I didn't make the appointment, they would cut my services even if my account was current. I made the appointment, and the tech called me to inform me that he was on the way. I saw the truck pull up, but the tech never came to my door. He went straight to my meter, and then left. About a month later, I get my bill, and it's $497.70. My actual bill was $18.75, but they RE-billed me $478.95 because they claim my meter was reading incorrectly and this is an estimation of what I used from previous months.

I lived in an apartment, and the only gas I used was the hot water, and the heat. Everything else was electric. I called customer service to get an explanation, and the only thing they did was offer me a 22 month payment plan. The letter I received never mentioned that my meter was wrong, or that I would be re-billed or anything. The letter just stated that they needed to check the meter. I lived in that apartment from 2008 - June 2015, and not once did anyone from Laclede ever come out to check the meter before June. KMOV did a story about this, and it seems that everyone going through this can't do anything about it. It is unfair.

Original review: July 26, 2015

I feel Laclede gas should check and make sure there is no holes in lines and their equipment is safe and they should make sure lines are buried and people should be aware of lines in their yard for safety reasons. Summer is the best time to check it.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I am very disappointed with Laclede Gas and how they are dealing with me concerning an old Gas Bill from 2008. Myself and my children lived in low income housing and I was out of work at the time. At the time my children were all at home and my two youngest attended the Parkway school district. I'm not sure which school but both of them were attending the Parkway school district and I talk with the social worker concerning my Gas Bill at the time of almost a $1000 dollars. The district so lovingly took a collection up and I later learned after calling in to my account that a pledge of $1000 was put on my bill and the operator from Laclede further told me at the time a credit was on my account. I was so happy and relieved. It was my Christmas miracle.

I went through a lot that year and have went on to go through even rougher situations since then. I thought that Bill was behind me but I was very disappointed to discover it was still on my credit. I filed bankruptcy last year in 2014 and it was still on there and they recently told me I owed over $979.00. When I tried to get a copy of my most recent Bill which should only be $339.00 which I am prepared to pay. When I was recently in the shelter and requested a copy of my bill they gave me the $339.00 balance from last year but after my chapter 13 was dissolved earlier this year and I requested a copy they said I still owed the $979.00. I called Laclede Gas talked with ** then later on a supervisor who basically told me the same thing ** did that I had to get the third party to show proof of payment.

I talk To Ms. ** a social worker from the district and she was working with me but I have lost communication with her, the school year is over and no one is there. I've left her numerous messages on her voicemail at school and even emailed her from the district website just waiting to hear back from her. But when I asked the supervisor from Laclede he told me I would have to subpoena the records from 08'. I don't have money or time to go to court. I'm in the process of trying to secure housing for me and my teen daughter and I won't be able to get approved unless I am able to get utilities on in my name. I don't mind paying a bill I owe but I know what I was told that the bill was not only paid in full but had a credit on the account.

Either one of two things are going on. Someone in the accounting department at laclede neglected to properly credit my account when the Parkway school district paid my Gas Bill in 2008 or it is some kind of fraud going on where they are purposely not recording payments made by third parties and double dipping the consumer by asking for another payment after the bill has already been paid. I need proof of payment to clear my name, credit and secure my housing for my daughter and myself.

Original review: April 18, 2015

This is one of the worse companies ever and the customer service and Supervisors are just as bad. Spoke with a rep for services told me they would be out between 7am and 12pm so around 10 am I see two techs pull into the subdivision and of course I assumed I would get service. NOPE. 2 hrs later they drove off. I immediately called Laclede and they told me my appointment was set for all day. Luckily I record all my calls. There is a supervisor by the name of ** who is a representation that they allow anyone to be a supervisor the unprofessional approach from him was absolutely sickening. They treat people like crap because they are a monopoly and know that this is the only choice for gas services for MO. Needless to say I wrote a letter to corporate and contacted the Missouri Service Commission Office. Let's see how serious they take these issues!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I have been a customer for over 14 years and have had the same average billing the entire time until this month. This month my bill shows as $537.24. They are indicating that this is an adjustment for this entire past year. Even if that were the case this is not even accurate in any way! Only my furnace and water heater run off of gas! And I am not cooking Meth so this is TOTALLY uncalled for. The Customer Support Supervisor Tom ** gave only that it was an adjustment in billing.

Original review: March 11, 2014

I moved in to help my elderly mother. I called after hours to inquire about cleaning gas range burners. Next think I know the soldiers show up and although polite they were also impressed with their position. May I add they were not asked to come. They were all over the house looking for something that was not there. They said the range had a small leak, ok I get that, so they disable it. Arbitrarily, they proceed downstairs and without any provocation they disable the hot water heater and all gas.

Then joked that we had 1 good shower left. Then the good news came, they advised that we had to call our HVAC co. to come and check for a leak, they could not do that. So we had to pay them to come. They said unnecessary and said many of their customers were upset with the same thing. I do not like to be threatened to have my gas shut off or estimated if I don't give them the pleasure of making you wait for their 4 hour window. Just had a maintenance apt. and now they need to do something else.

Original review: June 6, 2012

After separating from my wife for a year, I was left with my rental home and ton of bills. My wife had not paid the gas bill for a few months and when I found out, it was one if the reasons the we parted. After the gas was off most of the summer, I borrowed the money from my job to get the $300+ bill paid and the gas service restored, which did happen. Several months had passed and I maintained the service. In early 2012, I didn't see a gas bill for two months and called to find out why. They said the bills have been mailed. I later found out my ex had changed her mailing address and the gas bill was going to her instead of me. At this time, I did get the bill caught up but after getting the bill transferred into my name, they brought to my attention a $170+ bill from my store front business from over 10 years ago.

I told them I accept responsibility for the bill and asked if they could break it out over 3 or more bills, which they refused. Instead, they offered me budget billing for $90+ a month. The math didn't add up for me and I had to settle for no gas until I can pay the $380. Now my live-in uncle who is a leg amputee and diabetic was discharged from the hospital to return home to no gas again. I understand my role and accountability in this situation and not looking for a hand out of any kind, but my cable TV company is much more flexible with financial arrangements than my community gas utility company. I find this to be a travesty that a simple promise to pay can save my TV, but my hot water and stove which actually cost less per year can't survive the financial greed of Laclede Gas!

Original review: May 19, 2012

I came home from work and there was a card in my door saying I missed a gas tech who was trying to do a safety check on my pipes. They then shut my gas off! I had a guy come out 2 years ago unannounced on a Saturday and shut me off saying that my line was losing pressure. I had a company come out and repair the pipes then had Laclede out to do a reinspection and turn it back on. Well, about a week later another guy showed up and did another surprise inspection and said the pipes were losing pressure! I informed him of the previous guy out who passed the pipes. Then the tech did another test and said it was ok. What the heck is Laclede trying to do?

Original review: March 1, 2012

Dispute Bill: I lived at ** until 1989. I sold the house. I paid them the $400.00 last bill. This was over 22 years ago. I never received nor heard anything from Laclede Gas since then. Every place that I've lived since then has been all electric. On December 19th, 2011, I moved to Rain Tree Apartment 11011, Mollerus Drive #**. Laclede Gas Company said I owed almost $300.00. This has been over 22 years; I have not received anything after all this time and no one has ever tried to contact me at anytime. Please help me. I am disabled and this is not right or fair.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

I have been a customer with Laclede long enough to know they charge an extreme amount to some customers. I am one. I use less gas than electric, but my bill comes in triple times the amount. I can't afford the gas for heat. In the summer, the bill is as big as in the winter and I only used hot water. I hope government gets involved in the overcharging. I know it would be for everyone if people would go all electric, although it is expensive to make the switch. The monies spent given to natural gas could be used to buy electric furnaces and water heaters.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2011

I have had a past bill with Laclede that was accrued after I moved from an apartment. The account should have never been disconnected because they should have had it transferred back to the complex name. I have a bill for $62.00 reconnect fee ($19.50 monthly customer charge and $10.38 actual usage + 1.20 tax).

I agree wholeheartedly that this is robbery and because there is no major competition they are robbing customers blindly. I will be looking into electric heating units because I can't afford to pay my bills plus the outrageous charges.

I called Laclede and there was no help, they just hold that the fees are valid. I am being charged for being a customer with someone and I have no choice but to be their customer and they know this. Many people have no choice it is a regional monopoly and they are doing harm to the communities that they claim to give back too.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2011

We have a gas odor so we called the emergency number. We have been on hold with the emergency number for over an hour and forty five minutes now.

Laclede Gas Co. Company Information