Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Houston, TX

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

CenterPoint Energy Reviews

Original review: March 17, 2020

A crazy guy, Conrad **, is running 220v on an interior wire that breaks and dogs are known to chew through. It passes over the street and two apartment complexes. This is on Briar Dale Court, near the Galleria. Centerpoint came out twice and told him to stop, but it continues. We have heard he is trying to convert a shipping container to escape and live off-grid. Me and my partner have a small dog and he could get killed by this stupid and illegal behavior. When Centerpoint came they said they were pulling the meter - they didn't. If anyone gets hurt, it's ALL on Centerpoint. We're posting a video on youtube - this is craziness.

Original review: March 13, 2020

I received an email on 3/11 stating bill was due on 3/16. There was no mention of a possible disconnect. On 3/12 they disconnected my service without any warnings. We were without gas for 30 hrs, unable to shower or cook, and had to pay reconnect fees which were more than the bill. Despite the email I received showing a due date of 3/16, and the fact that my service has never been shut off before, the “supervisor” would not agree to waive the fees. The customer service rep and technicians told me this sort of thing happens all the time.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Calling customer service was a really nightmare if you haven’t dealing with them before. I was misinformed since day one when I requested my gas meter to be disconnect after several calls no apologies, no solutions I was offered, take or leave that’s the devastated consequences to deal with a Monopoly corporation which should be illegal all the way around. Your new business name should be Deceptive Point.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

It sucks that we don't have a choice as to what energy company we can use bc CP energy is the worst in the business. Even worse than Entergy. I was supposed to get a refund on my bill months ago... multiple phone calls, case made, multiple people telling me they are going to send the refund. Three months into it and still nothing. It's not a significant amount of money. $80, but I'm not going to let CP have it at this point just on principle. They are not an honest company, and they should have better oversight on what they do with their money.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have called this company sooo many times to tell them their website is unusable and the only way I can pay my bill is to send a lot of money so that I have a credit on my account because the website NEVER has worked for me since I got gas in the house I bought. This website needs to be fixed or I need to be set up with some sort of way I can have the money taken out of my account and not worrying about it. The website is the only way I have to pay my bill because all my bills are paid online and most are automatically done...This one needs to be the same or fix your webpage!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenterPoint Energy?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I purchased the Center Point Energy Home Service Plus Plan which has proven to be a worthless payment of $45.95 per month. It is interesting how the Company designed its Home Service Plus Plan to make it IMPOSSIBLE to talk with a real human when their Technician is a no call and a no show for a scheduled repair appointment. I have waited for 6 weeks to have a part installed on my dishwasher. I was assured on 11/25/19 the service person would be at my house “some time” on Saturday, 12/28/19 to install the part. He did not show up! He did not call! My experience with Center Point Energy Home Service Plus leads me to believe it is nothing but a ripoff and I will do my part to see that their Home Service Plus Plan is investigated by the Minnesota Advocate for the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Call placed early Fri notifying them we had no heat in our home. Service tech came out at 7:30 pm Fri night and told us that parts needed to be ordered and they should be delivered to our home the next day (Saturday). Once delivered we were to call and someone would come out that day to install them. Received call Sat saying parts not in stock but would be delivered Mon. On Monday the parts were delivered and a call was placed to customer service dept as instructed. We were told someone would be out that day between 11:30 am-midnight to install new parts. At 11.45 pm Monday night we called customer service for updated ETA and was told that we would not have a technician out to install parts until Thursday. We live in MN, the current temp is 18• outside and inside our home is 53.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

They totally harass the customers. No proper customer care. This is the peak of established harassment seen in US. They dont lets you use direct account payment and charge extra charges every time without notification of why they are charging. Total harassment to public.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had my services restored and the service tech was very unprofessional as well as the customer services department. The service tech did not fulfill all of the duties as outline in the requested service call. He was rude and unprofessional and slammed my door. I reported the incident to customer service and did not receive a favorable outcome as well. I was told that the tech was well within his rights to treat a customer any kind of way. Totally unmerited!! The only reason I continue to have services with this company is because there is not another providing this services. Horrible services!!!! Mrs. **

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

This company has a monopoly where I live and the past 6 years have been getting worse and worse. Nickel and diming customers who have no choice but to use your services. Shame on you! Forcing people to fix your problems and faulty lines..forcing more insurance costs? The devil himself runs this company.

CenterPoint Energy Company Information