2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

El Segundo, CA

2.9/5 (116 ratings)

About YMT Vacations

We started in 1967 in Michigan as “Your Man Tours” arranging tours to Hawaii for Veterans of Foreign Wars. The “Your Man” was referenced to our Polynesian guides who greeted guests at the Honolulu airport with beautiful and fragrant flower leis. Our guides created a warm and engaging atmosphere as they introduced YMT guests to their beautiful island paradise.

YMT Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

We signed up for this trip after reading an internet ad from YMT. When we did confirm our airfare round trip would be included, we signed up. YMT was there to greet us, get us to our hotel, provide seminar, got us to airport and we landed in Cuba. Our guides, drivers, lodging, meals, etc., were great. We loved everything about the trip. We have booked another YMT vacation for this coming fall.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Had a great trip. YMT was great. Well organised. The places we stayed were very good. Took time to make sure everyone had a great time. We will use YMT again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

YMT was the most economical trip available to Cuba. The purpose was to learn and that we did. Such an eye opening experience and the accommodations were fine. A couple of the box lunches left something to be desired but we still ate far better than any of the Cubans.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Planning was generally decent for the daily included activities in the price items BUT, far too many excursions not included in the base trip pricing which then drives the overall trip costs well beyond the original listed pricing. Many meals, especially breakfasts, are not included and this is a factor in planning daily activities and of course also adds to trip expenditures. For the price of your trips (we have done more than one) YMT is not nearly as cost competitive as you promote them to be.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

We've always enjoyed the tours and thought that the hotels were especially good with good food. Your administration lacks some attention to detail: we were sent to the wrong hotel in Ireland as we connected Ireland with the Rhine River tour and your record keeping of our passports is minimal. We would like Sunday mornings free for church.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I have been on several of your YMT trips. I have two booked for this year. In saying this. You had a ad special going to Greece the same date that my trip was to begin. April 2016. It read from JFK and Boston. 1,899 including airfare. I called and spoke to your customer service department as this was lower than what I paid with early booking. I could have gotten to JFK cheap. It was decided a supervisor was to get in touch with me. I told them to use my cell phone number as I was not at the home number. No one called back.

A few days later I called to find out what has happened. I was told someone did call. But it was at my home phone number. When I originally told them not to. At that point I still could not speak to a supervisor and am STILL waiting. My other issue is that I have a specialist that I get comfortable booking trips with and then within a short time they no longer work there. That's a worry, what is going on? I have always told my friends about your great trips and they are but I am disappointed with the service I have received.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

We have traveled both Ireland and Cuba with YMT, and enjoyed every minute. All their people were very professional and extra helpful. Will tour with them again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

My husband and I have taken YMT's Rhine River Cruise and their Danube River Cruise and enjoyed them both immensely. The places we visited, our tour directors, and our accommodations have all been excellent! In 2016, we are doing two more YMT trips... In April, we are doing the Romantic Rhine River Cruise all over again because we loved it so much; and then, in September, we're taking the Best of Ireland Tour with some friends of ours. We've definitely found that we can "experience the world and all it has to offer" for a lot less with YMT!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Both of my trips with YMT have been terrific. They were well organized and planned. The hosts and guides were knowledgeable and helpful. The hotels were of good quality. I like the free time built into the schedule and the option to choose additional activities at additional cost. YMT offers great value...

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I did a trip to Cuba in January 2015. Accommodations, information & tour guides did an excellent job. I would recommend YMT to all my friend & anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Booked the 5 day Rose Parade tour almost one year early. Weather cancelled our flights to CA. We were 2 1/2 days late in arriving. Immediately on finding out our flight was cancelled we notified YMT we would arrive on afternoon of third day. We missed Everything but the Parade on Friday (2 tours - 1 dinner - 2 nights hotel). We had never received our final confirmation package prior to tours. We were told by the hotel that YMT had turned in all the rooms not used to customer cancellation (30 people and in our hotel alone). We were offered $248 each person in a travel voucher to be used within a year. While YMT was not bound by law to give us a reimbursement, we feel they lacked any true customer satisfaction attempt. This was our 2nd YMT TOUR, AND MORE THAN LIKELY OUR LAST.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2015

I know that most people usually write reviews if they are unhappy with a company. I thought this time I would write about a good experience with YMT Vacations. My husband and I were booked on a 2015 Legendary China Tour. The pricing on this tour was more than half of comparable tours with other operators. So we were a little skeptical that it would be one of those "you get what you pay for" to us, and we're prepared for that.

We did join the welcome dinner and checked into the hotel, the Beijing International Hotel, and we were very happy with the accommodation. The tour guide was very nice and pleasant, so we were happy with what we had seen to that point. My only complaint would be that Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City were closed to visitors for the week, due to a festival in Beijing. This was not the fault of YMT, but it was a disappointment.

Unfortunately my father fell gravely ill and after only one night in Beijing we had to cancel our trip and return home. We had purchased travel insurance, which I rarely do, and I am writing this review in part because of the service we received with the insurance. We received the refund less the one night hotel. We had no hassles in receiving the refund after providing the proper documentation of my father's hospitalization. They are a budget tour operator, and we didn't expect expect the same level of service from them, as we would a more expensive outfit. However, from what we saw, and our experience, we would use them again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2015

We just returned from our tour and have only good things to say about our tour director, Steve ** and our driver Al. They both were very knowledgeable and resourceful making our tour a complete delight. Will recommend YMT to our friends. All in all, the tour was very active but we saw remarkable parks and some added bonuses. Very good tour by YMT.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I booked a trip with insurance on April 10, 2015. Never received or was informed of the insurance policy information. Cancelled trip July 6 with my travel agent and had to speak to guest services at YMT. They say I have to die or have a physician's excuse and then they will decide if I get refund. I said, "Why wasn't I informed? I never received a policy." She told me I received it in January. See above where I booked and paid for the trip April 10th.

They have not booked me on the plane or hotel per my travel agent and intend on just keeping my money. Did I mention my travel agent replaced me with two other travels and YMT is making more money without me being there than me going. It is illegal to collect money for services/merchandise or policy that was not supplied to consumer. I feel they are just SCAMMING people and do not recommend on anyone going on their trips. They owe me over 2700.00...

Original review: June 10, 2015

My parents booked with YMT in September 2014 for an Alaska cruise. My dad requested port side. He found out in May the request was not fulfilled. Dad was given a berth on the starboard side on deck 6 on the fore end of the ship. The cruise is booked solid. I booked with YMT soon after, with the stipulation that the cabin be near my parents and our family friends. Ten days prior to the cruise, I found that I was placed on deck 1 near the aft end of the ship. I requested an ocean view. There were two berths in the deck plan on deck 6. But evidently, the types of rooms we requested did not fit YMT's formula for their group purchased berths. They sat on this for months. Now it is too late to do anything else, because all the berths are booked. Good job YMT. Way to make this trip memorable.

Original review: May 28, 2015

So far their bookings do not reflect what they advertise. Trying to correct a booking and hitting a brick wall, I will never recommend them again.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2015

I booked a trip to China in October 2014 with friends that was to take place in September 2015. On YMT's website they had information about the tour and pricing through April. They verbally gave me pricing for the trip in September and I have them a $100 deposit and reserved the trip. 6 weeks later I had never received any sort of confirmation from them. No email, letter or even a receipt showing that I had paid $100 on my credit card. I called and told them I was uncomfortable not have some sort of written confirmation of what I had paid and the prices I was quoted and asked for a confirmation letter.

A month later when I had still not received anything from them I canceled the trip. Of course, they would not refund the deposit even though they were clearly the ones that had not held up their end of the agreement by doing the bare minimum of sending a confirmation. I had no confidence that they could actually deliver the trip that I had reserved. We asked for a refund of our deposit and they refused, even though they did not meet their obligations to communicate with us and provide confirmation. They are unethical and have no concern for good customer service. I would never recommend this company.

Resolution response: Jan. 12, 2015

After further contact with YMT the company is now going to refund our deposits. I know the deposits are considered non-refundable and I am pleased that they made an exception because of the circumstances that caused us to cancel our tour.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2015

In October 2014 I booked a tour of China that was to take place in September 2015. On YMT's website they had information about the tour and pricing through April. They verbally gave me pricing for the trip in September and I have them a $100 deposit and reserved the trip. 6 weeks later I had never received any sort of confirmation from them. No email, letter or even a receipt showing that I had paid $100 on my credit card. I called and told them I was uncomfortable not have some sort of written confirmation of what I had paid and the prices I was quoted and asked for a confirmation letter. A month later when I had still not received anything from them I canceled the trip. Of course, they would not refund the deposit even though they were clearly the ones that had not held up their end of the agreement by doing the bare minimum of sending a confirmation. I had no confidence that they could actually deliver the trip that I had reserved.

Original review: June 7, 2014

Tour code ** Alaska trip, flights started at 1230pm, arrived at 1230am. No one at airport to pick us up. Cruise line got us to our hotel Millennium. At hotel, gave us a room that was occupied. Finally at 245am in room, had to leave at 600am that morning, paid for hotel room to stay in less 3 hours. 2nd day, bus ride 5 hours to get train, train was fine, lunch served on train. Back on bus to new hotel in Denali Park Village, that was A+ NEW, no ac in Alaska. Back on bus Denali sight seeing, back to Anchorage 630 pm. Food really expensive in Alaska. 3rd day, 8 am sight seeing Anchorage till 1 pm. Bus left for Seward, going to ship, a few more local stops. At 5pm, arrive at dock with 3 other buses, a 15-car train all embarking at same time. Our luggage was taken to our cabins but after 2 hours waiting in line. The best part of trip was cruise Holland American Oosterdam.

Problem again YMT 11 day - departed ship, now 3 buses of travelers, but no buses. Got on bus 1030 for a tour of Vancouver. Driver said we were late so no tour. Would explain sights as we drove. Next problem 3 buses at border so we spent nearly 2 hours waiting to get back into the States. Got to hotel in Seattle 415 pm. Our dinner reservation was for 5 pm. The room we were given wasn't cleaned - the whole 6 floor smelled. YMT representative got us a new room. Executive hotel suite Seattle. I asked about hotel to YMT rep said would check into. Now off to spaghetti diner. This was a joke, spaghetti and sauce, some bread, chicken, parm salad. Not worth $75. Over 75 people in room.

Day 12, our bags were put on bus and were taken to airport. 15 hours later, arrived home. I filled out YMT questionnaire just like this but when I submitted it, I was removed from their web site. I called YMT, talked to cust rep NOREEN, WAS GIVEN HER PHONE # TO REACH HER. I called to tell her about questionnaire and what happened. She said will send another, never happened. Talked with credit card company, said paid for stuff that never happened?? I know there is 50 other people that have same views, a lot of these people used YMT before, never a hitch. But when customer service ignores you, there is a big problem. I tried to change flights to earlier in day, said couldn't. Once they get your money they're careless. Alaska was outstanding, YMT wasn't. If you put on credit card, check into liability card will honor.

Original review: May 16, 2014

Tui Melodia, Elegant Danube Cruise and tour, Sept 16-30, 2013. We would highly recommend this tour. We had a great itinerary, great tour guides and we really enjoyed the Tui Melodia, a new ship built in 2011. Tui generally only advertises in Germany and caters to German tourists, but YMT Vacations (a US company) charters the ship for tours in April and September for Canadian and American travelers. All the crew on board the Melodia speak very good English (except the Captain but he always had a big smile).

I am writing this review because it was very difficult to find anything about this ship or Itinerary on-line. Just wanted to share our great experience! The Itinerary: PRE-CRUISE: Fly to Munich, then land tour to Neuschwanstein Castle, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Nuremburg, Prague and then on to Passau.

All hotels and tour guides were great, breakfast and city tours were included. One of everyone's favorite places was Rothenburg (search Google images). This was a beautifully preserved medieval town and we stayed in an old brewery, Altes Brauhaus, just like something out of a Bavarian story book and great Christmas stores.

CRUISE: Round trip from Passau to Budapest and back to Passau. We really liked this itinerary as we got to see some of the scenery twice. The stops on this 7 day cruise were: Melk, Vienna, Esztergom, Budapest, Bratislava, and Linz (with optional Salzburg tour). POST- CRUISE: Back to Munich for Oktoberfest Lunch.

Pros:The ship was beautiful - New and modern. The crew spoke English and were incredibly helpful. Service was fantastic. There were only 176 passengers and we liked that we got to know the CD, program director, waiters and reception personnel quite well -Could never do this on an ocean cruise. Big staterooms and showers. Lots of storage (more than any ocean cruise ship we have been on). Loved the French balconies, they turned your whole room into a balcony. And many times it was too cool to be sitting on a balcony, so then we were glad we had a bigger room (no balcony take up space), and the floor to ceiling windows to look out. Very comfortable beds and bedding.

The food: Breakfast buffet was quite extensive with an omelet/egg station. Lunch was a soup, salad, cold cut buffet with a fresh pasta station AND then 2 entry choices and a dessert that were ordered from a menu. Tea-time in the lounge with coffee/teas and cake buffet. Dinner was a set-time table service (7pm). Usually 2 appetizer choices, a soup and 3 dinner choices. All food was beautifully presented and very tasty -Very good to excellent. There was a late night snack buffet at 11pm.

Second Helpings : One thing we really liked was that after dinner, the waiters brought around trays of food and served second helpings. If you were still hungry, there were seconds, or if you would like to try the other entry, you could have a helping for a taste. Great idea and I am sure this cut down on waste in the kitchen (plate a moderate size helping and then offer people more if they want it).

The itinerary, tours and guides. On the European-marketed, cruise ships tours are all optional so this is what we got as well. This worked out OK as we could pick and choose which tours we wanted to go on. The cheaper overall trip price reflected this. We really liked all the tours and guides, and each tour did include the individual whisperers audio boxes. Tour prices were quite reasonable and competitive (unlike some of the ocean cruise tours). You could sign up ahead of time or on the ship, or you could book your own private tours.

On the land tour, all tours were included. There was a great balance of bus time vs. city and walking time. Local folk artists were brought on board in Esztergom and sailed to Budapest with us. These women embroidered shirts and painted eggs and sold their wares at a very inexpensive price (much better prices than the market in Budapest).

The Cruise Director - Tania was a real pro friendly, polished and always had a smile and helpful advice. She was always available to everyone and her PA commentaries while we were sailing were interesting and informative. Had great Flights with Lufthansa Airlines: meals, wine, and baggage, headsets were all included in the flight. Ship tours were not included in the initial price. I consider this a pro because you have a choice on what to spend your money on. If you want a leisurely time just exploring a city, you can do that without feeling obligated to go with the herds of people on a tour that you have already paid for.

The lower price for the tour reflects this option. (I definitely do not consider this nickel and dining but choice).

CONS: These issues were of minor consequence to us, but thought I would point them out. There really was very little to complain about, but coffee seemed to be the only one we heard about. Coffee was not hot and was late arriving after meals. Many people went up to the stations and helped themselves if they wanted coffee with their meals (meals at dinner seemed to be planned to the minute and were not very flexible). Live Entertainment on the ship was pretty much non-existent. In Budapest a local band came on board (pop music not folk music) and they were very well received, but the other nights there was just our disc jockey Sven (who was lots of fun). But poor Sven was the yoga teacher, art teacher, and whatever else was needed. He was a great sport. Internet was inconsistent on the ship. We had a hard time connecting when we were in Slovakia or Hungary. Austria was OK. Good thing was that the price was only 15 euros for the week, so it was worth it to get some some service. Wine was not included with dinner, but was a very reasonable price. (2.20 Euros for a small glass and 4.50 euros for a large glass).

Original review: April 16, 2014

I booked the Best of Ireland bus tour to see if my husband would like a bus tour of a state or country in the future when he could no longer drive us around. I must say, "You get what you pay for". If you're looking for an extravagant trip, keep looking. But... if you're looking for a reasonable trip with no frills or spills, this is the trip for you. Don't go as a single traveler... Go with a friend or sibling, or your spouse, because single people get singled out. It's awkward to sit with a group of couples, no matter what they tell you when you book the trip. If the trip is described as a "singles" tour, then I would say, "go". When you get to the airport, don't wait there for a bus guide to pick you up, get a taxi. They are friendly and will take you where you want to go and not the "scenic" route. And... don't forget to tip them, because it's hard to drive in Dublin traffic, just ask my husband.

The hotels were what they said, and I had 3 and 4 star accommodations. When in Dublin, get a taxi to give you a tour of the sights, then when you know where you want to walk, walk it. Don't forget to buy some Butler's chocolates when you walk by their shop!! (I really liked the caramel chocolate chews). Ask your driver if he will play Irish music while on the bus. He will still be able to hear himself talk, but it will break up the time pretty well to listen to the music and it will bring Ireland alive for you. INSIST ON MUSIC... IRISH MUSIC OF COURSE, if you are on the Ireland tour. Also... don't let the driver's talk you out of using the restroom on the bus. USE IT IF YOU NEED TO. They don't want to clean them, but it is part of their job and you get the final say when the tour is done... tipping wise.

Enjoy Belfast... and go on the extra tours they offer...Giant's Causeway and the Titanic. They will be great for you. Be careful if it's windy at Giant's Causeway. Ireland is very happy for the American tourists because we spend money and that's what's keeping them afloat right now. Spend the money people... on good food, a Claddaugh ring, and on the many fun things to do. If the beer tastes different, it's because another company bought out Guinness, but still, enjoy listening to the pub music. Consider this a "once in a lifetime" event, or book another tour. If it's a once a year trip... good on ya. My husband met me after my bus tour, and we spent another two weeks in wonderful Ireland and the Cornish Coast of beautiful England. As a single traveler with YMT, the people on the bus had me out to be an FBI agent or a private investigator... Whatever I was, I was happy to be in Ireland once again. I had John ** as a driver and he was a very nice gentleman. Thank you, John **. And remember... take the good with the bad and ENJOY IRELAND!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2013

In October 2013 we booked a trip with YMT for a 7 day cruise plus 3 days in Honolulu. The cruise on NCL's Pride of America was great. The hotel in Honolulu was also very nice, one block from the Beach. Our Tour Director?? Mr. KAKA was not very helpful and lied to us on several occasions. He did not inform us how and when to disembark from the ship. NCL could not help us. They said that YMT is very difficult to deal with so I had to call the main office who then got in touch with Mr. KAKA!!! This is our 3 trip with YMT & our last one!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2013

Fabulous ten-day tour of the Emerald Island in Oct. 2013 - wonderful bus Tour Guide named Noel who has lived all his life in the area and extremely well versed on the history of his country. He had only positive things to say about even the most difficult times and subject matter. The hotels were all 3, 4 and 5 star hotels; meals were wonderful and a great opportunity to sample local cuisine (why would I travel half way around the world to only eat what I can eat at home?). We had plenty of time on the bus tours to go at our own pace through the museums and castles and gardens - the timing between points of interest was just perfect for me. Sights were breathtaking - many rainbows! I took notes while riding on the bus between stops and typed 38 pages when I got home; and no, I don't take shorthand - and none of my notes were copied out of brochures or books, it was ALL the wonderful recitation of our fabulous tour guide - he told jokes, recited poetry, and played Irish music as well. If anyone has a complaint, please consider that complaint as a reflection and projection of their own life experience.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2013

I was quite disappointed by the racist manner in which my three African American relatives and I were treated in the seven hotels used by YMT on the Best of England & Scotland tour during September 2013. At all of the hotels, at least one of our rooms was at the very end of the hall. With 42 participants on the tour, I don't believe this was an accident but done on purpose. At one of the hotels during breakfast, the waiter passed by my table to take the order of a White couple on the tour and then proceeds to pass me again until I said, "I'm ready to place my order."

We experienced similar experiences at two other restaurants on the tour. Upon my arrival home, I immediately wrote YMT's president and director of guest experience and Buckingham Palace regarding the above. I received a timely reply from Buckingham Palace indicating my concerns were passed on to the appropriate person but received no response from YMT. I can only assume they approve of the racist practices. I won't promote them nor do I plan to use them again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2013

The ship was lovely but the food was horrid. Staff great except for the two liaison persons working for YMT. They were not at all helpful. One, Tina was downright surly and rude to many persons. We, fortunately didn't need her help except on one occasion when she actually asked me why I was bothering her. Dian was not very helpful either but she was, at least, pleasant. Sandra, our guide in Venice and Milan was wonderful and she should be rewarded. The other two need to look for another career. As usual there were a few snags but over all YMT did a good job. Hotels were great but some of the tours could have been better. We have been with them twice, once to Cuba. For the price, they are a good bargain.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2013

We were on a 12 day trip to Ireland. With the exception of two nights at the Holiday in in Belfast, the beds in all the other hotels were simply awful to horrible. The location of the hotel in Dublin was not a good neighborhood. We booked two optional trips before we left home. One was cancelled upon our arrival in Dublin. We were told the the money was already refunded but after coming home, there was no refund in my account. Called YMT and was told they knew nothing of the cancellation. The promise of the refund has not happened yet. I will never travel with YMT again.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2013

Just recently returned from Canadian Rockies tour. The bus had no cup holders, mesh bag on seat backs or window shades. The tour guide & bus driver were very good but their duties ended when we were delivered to the hotels. The hotels were second rate and usually far from the center of activities. Several hotels had no restaurants and we had to go find a restaurant which we could walk to. Some of the small towns we stayed in had very few choices of restaurants. Most of the hotels did not have a Continental breakfast. The rooms in the hotels were small and not really conducive for more than two persons to a room. We had three people in our room & were unable to get a third bed due to safety reasons or so we were told.

The hotel in Victoria did not even have air conditioning. Never heard of a hotel without air conditioning. There were several attractions which I would have enjoyed seeing but no time allotted, i.e. Chihuly Glass museum near the Space Needle in Seattle. We had an optional tour of Seattle waterfront but not enough time allotted and then we went to view Space Needle from the outside. Now the last day of the tour, we had an optional tour of going up to the observation deck of the Space Needle so if we were going there the last day, what was the point of going up the first night. We could have spent more time at the waterfront. Did not get to see Pike Place Market which I really wanted to see.

Most tours which I have taken in the past, the tour guide has been available 24/7. This tour company apparently doesn't think the customer should have any access to tour guide after 5:00 pm. The seat rotation on the bus was deplorable. We were assigned seats. What are we, first graders who don't know how to find a seat. Some people got special treatment with regards to seats because they complained to the tour guide while others were denied requests. I would not recommend this tour company to anyone and I certainly am not going to use their services again.

Original review: June 12, 2013

Very disorganized tour guide is not knowledgeable and reads from the YMT Manual. Bus is cramped and uncomfortable, more driving than sightseeing. When you finally get to a sightseeing place, you're told to be back in one hour and don't forget to have lunch too! I wouldn't use this company again.

Original review: May 6, 2013

The ship part of the tour was first class, TUI Allegra (food, treatment, everything). The land portion was third rate at best. The buses were cramped. The tours were driving tours with very little time at stops. Our tour guide was from Venezuela. Her English was very poor. One/Two of our lunch stops, she either shorted us on time or failed to inform us it was our lunch stop. When I asked her if we would be near a place to change dollars to euros, she started telling me all the reasons I should not do that. She babbled incessantly about how bad the economy was in Germany and how her health insurance cost her 380 euro per month.

We had to travel for two days on the bus from Berlin to our boat approximately 21 hours. We stopped for the night in a small hotel where the evening meal and breakfast were not very good. In the past three years, I have had double knee replacement and I am 6'6" tall. She would not allow me to remain in the front row seat which gave me a little more leg room. When we booked this cruise, we were led to believe by the sales rep we were getting a suite, which it wasn't and I don't think there are any on this ship.

The side tours were expensive and misleading. On one walking tour, we could not keep up with the pace and was left behind 3 times. On the 3rd time, we left the tour and caught a cab into town. I walk well and a lot, but not power type walking. I complained about the tour guide to the YMT reps when we got to the ship, but as far as I could tell when we rejoined the land portion, nothing changed.

I do not expect a refund, even though I was told they would refund the walking tour. I certainly do not expect a credit on a future tour as we will never book a future tour with YMT. I just want other people to know what to expect. I know there were a lot of disgruntled people on this tour, and many were repeat customers.

Original review: March 30, 2013

The tour director was horrible. She was so impersonal. On the brochure, we were to visit a tobacco farm and roll cigars. The cigar rolling never happened. She never kept to a schedule. One day we went to Hemingway's home. We were to have lunch there which consisted of cheese puffs and water. Then we went to see his bust and were told the stop would be 15 minutes to 30 minutes so we could take pictures. One hour and 15 fifteen minutes later, she returned with no explanation. Those who were back on time were irate. I did give her a tip but it reflected on her performance.

YMT Vacations response