3.88/5

Orlando, FL

417 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Every single thing reviewers are complaining about (price of food, price of tickets, price of hotel rooms, crowds, and long lines) are all easily researched to make an informed decision about whether visiting Disney is for you. We’re now on our 6th trip since February ‘17 and have had none of these issues. We monitor hotel prices religiously, know how much food costs thanks to Google, and reserve Fastpasses and gauge lines efficiently by using My Disney Experience. It seems there are a plethora of folks here that never did their homework expecting magic when they arrive unprepared. They are likely the same people that will never be pleased wherever they go.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Walt Disney World is the safest way to spend your vacation budget. Whether you want fun rides, delicious food, or glorious shopping, you'll find it on the Disney campus. I suggest that you use a specialized travel agency like Mickey Travels to plan your trip. Their service is free to you, as Disney pays them commission. So, you get expert advice and resort planning for free.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It's no secret that I hate going to amusement parks and would rather clean the house than go to an amusement park. Once in a lifetime is plenty... till my grandkids were old enough to go. I've had more fun taking my grandkids to Disney World than I ever had with my parents! The only issue is with the cost. While I'm a Doctor of Change Management, I handle mostly seniors, which doesn't pay much. Because of the prohibitive $450 per trip, I can only take them a couple times each year. I also have plans to bring a couple aging veterans who are on a retirement home. They have never been to Disney - anything and I would like to take them before they pass on.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Stayed at the Grand Floridian and that was fantastic. It was very beautiful. Went to all the parks with a week long stay. We went in the off season and the park was still crowded. Can't imagine what it would be in peak. Boardwalk on Friday night was not fun with small children and inebriated college students. Most food was good. The best was Victoria and Albert's and the Polynesian breakfast with all the fruits.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Our daughter is a Wish kid, so the Make-A-Wish was to go here. Well you don't just go to Disney World but any and all amusement parks. I can say that the treatments we received throughout all the Disney World parks was amazing. We felt like a "normal" family again. All 3 of the kids were having time of their life as was hubby and I. In no way did we feel like we were different in a bad or sad way but in a VIP old friend way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: July 13, 2019

So expected paying an arm and a leg for everything we wanted and to get into the park but being told you have to wait 3 hours in every single line and that your fast passes aren't valid makes a mom mad!! Worst experience ever. My 7 year old doesn't even want to go back because she never seen a character not even once but the parade and even then she got pushed out of her front row spot to the back by rude adults making sure their kids could see. Mind you I was on my knees so I could be next to her and kids around me could see. We got shoved so far back I couldn't see and I had her on my shoulders. I really couldn't believe it. I used to go there all the time when I was a child and lived nearby and I don't know if I will ever want to go again because my baby girl had the worst experience of her life ..

Original review: June 21, 2019

Hello everyone. I'm Jessica. I went to spend time with my family on vacation, had the worst experience at Walt Disney theme parks. For starters after paying an obscene amount to enter around $750 dollars my husband paid cash, to have a great family experience at the parks. I brought along water for my children to drink if thirsty. Four bottles, one for each. The water bottles were closed (brand-new). At the entrance, they opened all the waters and put their nasty nose on the top of the bottles of water to smell that was discussing to ensure it was alcohol. The guy even put his finger to taste them.

I was so upset and told him to please not do that, he just looked at me and continued going. He opened everything and through all our personal belonging all over the place even on the floor. I'm not sure if that's the Disney policy but as a customer paying so much it was the worst experience I had to endure. They took 2 hours checking, under the extreme heat with children and no consideration. Mind you my son is six years old and I have an autistic daughter who is 12 year. I was so upset we left the park. I basically lost what we pay to visit Disney World. My children were externally disappointed. Changes need to be made. People can't pay high prices to be humiliated like my family was.

Original review: June 18, 2019

So long lines, the money, the food all of that was fine. You expect long lines. The food was ok - a little pricey but it’s Disney. I expected to go home with a tan and a smile on all of us. What I did not expect to go home with is bed bugs. I get home and next thing I know I have bedbugs. Looked it up online. Apparently at the time I went other people had complained about the same thing. So my Disney trip ended up costing me an extra 3,000 to call an exterminator. The bugs are now gone. Thank goodness. Every time I see a Disney commercial it makes me itchy because that is all I can think about when I think of Disney. Wish I could go back in time and stay in a different resort.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We were so excited to go to this hotel, have had previous favorable experiences. However, this time we required a King Sized bed. I called the hotel directly and made the reservation, only to find that there were NO king size beds available upon arrival. We reserved the room months in advance. I even called ahead to confirm reservations before leaving home!

I politely asked to speak to the manager, the girl at the desk claimed to be in charge (of course, I found out later she was just the lead for that shift). As we were waiting, several other people had confirmed king sized bedrooms. I did not use a booking service, which was what the girl told another customer as the excuse why she did not get her requested size bed. Phooey! She kept telling me that the hotel was full, no choices available, not even if I paid more for a room.

I did manage to speak to a manager only because I was holding up the line of people wanting to check in. We wound up with a larger room with 2 queen sized beds which was not exactly what we had in mind for this trip. That did not make me happy, but it kept me from complaining loudly in front of the other customers. I would love to go use that hotel again, but every time I go to make a reservation, I just can't trust them. Imagine, a direct booking customer with several days reservation, repeat customer, who booked a couple of months ahead not getting the room requested even though told that the reservation was confirmed!!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

Disney is the absolute WORST amusement park I have ever been to. We paid so much money to just get told that we can’t go in the fast lanes and we’d have to spend 3 hours in line. When we asked for help one of the cast members told us we should’ve looked online before we came with such a rude attitude and stormed off. The other one standing right next to her started talking smart to my mother and was told to leave us alone 20 times by other workers and told them no that he was going to stand by us whether we like it or not. The workers are unacceptable and everything about that place is a waste of money. If you want an actual good experience I suggest going to Universal. Their fast passes ACTUALLY work and there’s more rides that are actually fun!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I spent thousands of dollars to go on this trip. Was severely disappointed with almost everything about it and unless you want to spend your vacation in line go somewhere else that is actually fun. Overcrowded and most the stuff is not worth waiting in lines for hours.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We spent $1800.00 for a 2 day pass. Our experience at this park was horrible. My grandson is autistic, he was treated terribly. He went up to a character and was screamed at by a worker, embarrassing my whole family. We had to reserve the line for the fast pass which was between 2-3 hrs. You could not reserve another ride until the first one reserved was done. It was 100 degrees waiting with a disabled child. Complaining to guest services did no good. They did nothing. We must have spend another $2000.00 in the park. Water was $5 a bottle. There is nothing magical about Disney. Go to Universal, cheaper and much better. This was their first experience here and it was horrible.

Original review: May 25, 2019

My wife and I came to Disney and had an unexpected issue that really threw a wrench in our plans (no fault of Disney's). Romario went above and beyond, working with his manager, Kyle, to find a solution that worked for us. We couldn't be more grateful, it completely changed our experience and made our day. Thank you both so much!!!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I know what you're thinking when reading the title because I'm sure I would have felt the same until today. Disney has always been a great experience and their staff has always been kind and helpful. Today my travel group left early because of multiple run ins with horribly unkind staff (when they behave like that I can't bring myself to call them cast members). I literally had a bag searched and thrown back at me that had a valuable camera inside. When I asked the security guard "Is everything ok?" He cut me off and said "You're done sir. You can go." I don't know if I fit the description of someone they were looking for but either way this was uncalled for. I complained to guest services and left with my group and sadly I'm not sure I'll return. I love Disney but something has happened that has turned their staff hostile! Matt.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Just back from Orlando Disney for the second time which was 6 years earlier and we could not believe how much the parks charge whilst there; with a family of 5 to pay for on top of the park tickets the prices for food and drink are outrageous for even water not to mention the prices of their ice creams and an ice pop etc at around £6 to £7 each; ridiculous prices for dining. Not that we could afford it we just made do with our own snacks and tap water; but had to give in to the kids and pay for the ice pops etc due to the hot weather.

Also the other thing that is a joke is the fact that they charge you to park in their parks apart from blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon; starting from £25 for standard parking. I don't know how they get away with it all with all these extras they charge. It's bad enough that the park tickets went up by £90 each since last time we went. Overall great place for kids if you can actually get on the rides with the massive queues! Won't be going again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have been to Magic Kingdom 26 years ago. Wow. What a trip! Cast members dressed up in Cinderella, Mickey and Minnie and others' costumes. Now this April of 2019 I brought my daughter to show her the beauty of Disney. No costumes, no magic, just a money pit. Between 6 of us, I spent about $950 for tickets, fast pass and food. Well, it lasted only a couple of hours of arriving there. Fast pass lines and app had no more time available, in another words “oversold” and I pretty much felt fooled by the fast pass. The wait in line for either food or rides is ridiculously long and time consuming for at least a couple of hours.

My family and I were so upset about the park being so overcrowded and oversold that we could not even find a corner to rest without being bumped or pushed or worrying about the kids getting separated. Don’t waste your time and money over there. You are better off going to SeaWorld, Bush Gardens and Aquatica. At least you won’t waste that much money and feel frustrated. Thanks Disney! You clearly are more concerned to make those quarterly bottom line profits to keep your stock from plunging than to better serve your customers. You went from awesome 26 years ago to horrible greedy parks. Don’t count on me or anyone from my family to ever go there.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Universal would get my money any day! But I digress. Let's start with Pop Century Hotel. It's supposed to be a cost effective hotel compared to the other Disney Hotels. For the cost and amenities it fits your budget. The operative work here is "budget". They operate like a budget motel. We specifically avoided the Disney express to have control of our luggage and time. We gave our luggage to a porter out front that said he would take our luggage immediately to our room. My husband made the mistake of giving him a tip and our luggage took over an hour or more to get to our room. After having a fit with 4 different people including a desk manager we finally got our luggage and wasted so much time it defeated the purpose of taking an earlier flight.

They wanted to offer us fast passes to compensate. What a joke when most of the decent rides had already run out of fast passes. They were able to offer a couple of lunch vouchers since Disney refused to allow us to purchase a meal plan. When we checked in they asked if we wanted daily housekeeping or a $30 voucher. We opted for housekeeping. Unbeknownst to us all that meant was clean towels and alleged "cleaning of the room." They never changed the sheets. My son wet the bed and we literally stripped the bed of the sheet and put them on a chair. I realized a day later they put the same sheets on the bed when I kept smelling urine... how disgusting is that?

This is not a motel! You charge for every god forsaken thing and housekeeping can't change sheets? The cast members and staff keep talking about this "magical day" There is no magic. It's almost since Disney is a billion $ company they could care less and less. They know people are going to continue to patronage their facilities and hotel. The staff said my son would have a balloon put in his room for his birthday...never happened. Their staff in their cafeteria is probably their best asset. Everyone friendly and happy to help. No originality in the treat offered at the park. Same things over and over again. Nothing under $5. Not even water. A snack pack of chips is $3. Your bathrooms at the park smell horrible. You need a better choice of cleaner. I pray the cruise is better. Can't say if I would return...

Original review: April 26, 2019

My mom and I practically raised my three kids at Disneyworld. We absolutely loved it. Since they’ve become adults I’ve gone by myself twice. The first time was some years ago and it was as magical as ever. My last trip was April 2019. What happened? Cast members never in character. There’s almost nothing left at Hollywood Studios. Food at all the parks is now poor quality yet very expensive. Resort food limited to bad, overly priced fast food. No grand shows or cast member skits. They are growing the infrastructure but neglecting the internal structure. Rides have also declined, long waits. Whole rows of stores closed. Just seemed old and sad. Very disappointing, I loved Disney but will be seeking other vacation venues.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I first came to Walt Disney World Florida 30 years ago with my wife and 2 sons. I returned on the 28/03/2019 having lost my wife two years ago, with my 2 sons their wives and 4 grandchildren thinking that this would be just what my wife would have wanted. It seems that things have gone from good to bad in that time. The parks are overcrowded to the point of being uncomfortable, too many people in one place all seeking the same thing.

Getting on any of the rides is a joke, fast passes will be effective on rides like dumbo, magic carpet and dinosaur ride, which are basically the same, but anything more of interest forget it unless you pay for VIP entrance at 200 rollers each. Has everyone says it's nothing to wait up to 1 hour for a 5 minute ride, in the heat. The quick serve deal is OK although you can have enough of pizza and burgers. We stayed in Coronado Springs Resort in Disney, unless you like movies don't expect entertainment. The pools OK and they tell me the resort will be fine when it's finished.

If you have unlimited resources you'll be fine, 8.25 for a beer, over 9 dollars for a short, water 3.50 a small bottle, a bubble blower for the kids 25 dollars. Get a taxi to any of the parks such as Sea World for 50 dollars each way. So far Animal Kingdom was very run down animals were in cramped conditions eating places were dirty. Finally we crashed into Magic Kingdom well before the 9.15 pm show, managed to just about glimpse the firework show but were impressed by the light show on the castle, what followed looked like a person in distress dressed like a bee flailing their arms as they were catapulted down the Hauser from the castle, not much magic there then. Save your thousands go to Alton Towers, No better but nearer home.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Visited park in March 2019. The Park was very dirty and old looking. Employees (Cast Members) were mostly rude and just plain didn't care much about anything. Major Sticker shock on Food and drinks. Spent over 3000.00 on a trip that was not very enjoyable. Very disappointed in the Park. It USED to be magical. Too bad.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Went to WDW Epcot and stayed At Caribbean beach. Hugely dismayed by the total overuse of plastic. Everything is plastic with very few recycling facilities. CBR little more than school camp and quality is atrocious.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We recently took our 12 yr old daughter to Disney in Florida (1st time for her) & I have to say it was THE WORST PARK WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO! There should be a limit on the amount of people allowed in the park for the expensive amount of money you pay! There was over a 2 hr wait for most of the rides, THAT IS ABSURD! Thank God we stayed at the Hard Rock hotel in Universal! Please people do not waste your money on Disney. There is nothing "magical" about it whatsoever except the catchy name, if you really wanna have fun and actually ride the rides GO TO UNIVERSAL!! Sincerely, A VERY DISAPPOINTED MOM!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Worst experience ever! Animal Kingdom is a joke, Disney has to stop the abuse! They oversell the tickets! We pay a lot for NOTHING! The park is cruelly packed, they don’t have enough FastPass and we have to wait 240, 180, 90 minutes on line to ride on any ride. That’s ridiculous! Don’t even mention when you are going to eat, everything is a waiting list of hour and a half or more, you can never make a reservation. No way!!! That’s insane, more when you have little kids with you. We couldn’t do ANYTHING! It was SO back that we dropped our hotel and went to TAMPA! (best decision ever). We waste our money and time, THANK YOU DISNEY!!!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Brought my family (5 adults 4 kids) for a week to Port Orleans. Hotel was ok. Kids liked the pool. All the parks were so crowded - more than I’ve ever seen in my previous visits. Prices for everything are outrageous (ie bottle of water $3.99 really!?!? Are you not making more than enough $$?? That you have to rip patrons off on water??) Bathrooms not clean. I agree with others on this site that without our 3 FPs we wouldn’t have had any rides. And the hundreds of people on their scooters expected right of way and moved to front of lines. Buses dangerously overcrowded. At one point, asked driver why he was letting more on already overcrowded bus. I do not plan to return. Totally over it.

Original review: March 12, 2019

So disappointed, in the place I use to come to every year as a child! I haven’t been in about 4 years now and wow all I can say is the Magic is gone and it’s NOT the happiest place on earth now!!! It is dirty! I cannot believe how dirty this park is. Trash is everywhere, trash cans overflowing. Not enough employees, and the employees that are here are not happy, helpful or friendly.

Rides are dirty and very old, seats are ripped. This places needs some updating so bad. The Haunted Mansion parts were just not working but they just pushed you through. I’m shocked!!! They need to do something about overcrowding! You can not walk. The long lines are unreasonable (2 or more hours). So many people standing in the line you can’t even breathe. If there was an emergency Lord help the person that would need EMS. No one is happy standing in the line. They pack you in so tight, there is no way EMS could get to anyone in trouble. They don’t care about safety!!! The food is terrible!

After going to Universal Studios yesterday and will be going back tomorrow. It was so much better, clean, better food, rides are updated. Much better time yesterday compared to Magic Kingdom!!! However buy the fast pass at Universal Studios, it’s Worth the money! Go read the reviews for Disney before you decide to plan a family vacation!! So disappointed!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife and I visited Epcot in February. We spent a nice day in the park together. I bought a one day pass and my wife got a two day hopper pass so she could visit another day later in the week with our daughter in-law. Both of us got a mysterious rash on our lower legs right above our ankles and below our knees. I looked online and there is a host of others that have experienced this. Employees and first aid tell you it is due to the heat and length of time on your feet most people are out of shape and this happens. Problem is my wife is a runner and we both hike and bike and are pretty active. Something is triggering this in guest and it has been going on for a while. Google epcotlegs and disneylegs just as it is spelled.

My problem is my wife did not want to return and asked for a refund due to health concerns the representative said no refund is possible at all. We have a large family with many youngsters and always enjoyed the Disney experience. After this visit we all agreed that we have better places to vacation and spend our money. I agree the almighty dollar has clouded their thinking on what real customer service and experience is. Time to build a better mousetrap!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Visited on Feb 14th 2019. In 2 12-hr Days at Disney we experienced 4 rides and 2 parades. The queuing is unbearable. FastPass only half worked - because we had Park Hoppers, we could only book FP for one park each day. We missed 2 FP slots because we were so long queuing at other things. FP really only for on-resort visitors who can reserve 60 days out. The app we invested hours of pre-vacation research on kept crashing in the park, on several devices. My sister cried when we returned home and was asked by her 7-yr-old why we couldn't do any of the rides in Disney.

My one star is for ANIMAL KINGDOM - we loved the vibe in Africa, and Flight of Passage was worth the 3 hour queue - except that I suffered abuse from fellow visitors when my son and I left to use the bathroom and returned to our party in the queue. By contrast, our third day in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - 9 attractions in one day of non-stop fun, adrenaline and laughing. I will NEVER EVER return to Magic Kingdom, and strongly advise anyone against it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We were a family of 10 visiting Magic Kingdom February 18, 2019. While we were not in the "know" that the park would be the most crowded that day, the crowds weren't our major issue. We all wanted to get on Space Mountain, and it was down almost all day. We then wanted to get on the race track for the kids, that too was closed until June. We then wanted to get on two other attractions and they too were closed for the day. We got absolutely no explanation as to why. Only told that they would be up and running by the end of the day, which was not a truthful statement as we left the park around 5 p.m. that day, and none of them were operational again.

We did go to "City Hall" but were told that unless we had all 10 of our party with us at that time, we would not get any refunds. We are talking about over $4,000 we put into a week of visiting parks in and around Disney. I would really like to get some of the money back, if for nothing else, just the day at Magic Kingdom as not one person in our party, including children, were able to ride any of the attractions, spend a bunch of money on bad food because, well we had to eat something, and to boot the individuals who work at the park were just plain rude. We saw areas roped off for "special guests" who turned out to be family of the attendant at that particular event. Disney is just not worth going to in my opinion, it's a tourist trap and one that we will never ever visit again. We put over $12,000 in the area while we were visiting, and it was not worth one dime of that money.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Our family of three went to Disney, Jan 8th 2019. Once in the park we were immediately shocked at the number of people. You must watch every step you take, literally. When I asked a park employee about the overcrowded number he stated there was 40k people but they go to 50k on busiest days, wow... You can expect to wait 90-120 minutes per ride, how does anyone do this when it's hot!! If you have ever been to Disney in the past the place is unchanged in 40 years!! We paid 50 for lunch, nasty nasty food!! The best part of the day was the firework show. For a 500 dollar day we were very disappointed, our ten year old daughter admitted our local Six Flags is much better... Spare yourself the money and high stress that Disney represents...

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Took the family there for the grandkids and kids. Went during the Christmas week 2018. I knew it was going to be packed, I knew the lines were going to be long, what I did not expect is how the staffers let all the people cut in line. On a 1 hour wait line, we waited 40 minutes and moved 20 ft. People walk past you and say excuse me and just walk in front. The quantity of people (must have been about 40 in total) cutting in line that I finally left and asked the "line monitors" about it. He said he was unaware. Personally I would not recommend this. Went to Sea World my last day of 7 days there and that was well worth it.

There is something crazy about waiting in line for over an hour for a 3-5 minutes ride. Instead go to Six Flags or another park of rides. The prices are high and just heard they were raising them again. You have to pay for premium parking or do a considerable amount of walking. There is way too much hype for and especially too much hostility in "the happiest place on Earth." The monitors should keep an active surveillance of the lines to avoid fights and other hostile acts. I have no desire to ever go back. Alternatives Six Flags, Kings Dominion, Sea World, water parks, etc.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs