3.54/5

Orlando, FL

404 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I live in Florida. My family flew down from New York and spent 4 nights at your resort. I am embarrassed the experience they had at Disney that used to be a wonderful magical place. The parks were dirty trash on the ground. Garbage cans running over, the bathrooms were filthy and employees so rude you wanted tell them off. The resort has changed however but not for the good. If Walt was still alive this resort would be a great place to come and enjoy your vacation. The cost alone for admission no family can afford much less pay for the foods and drinks much less souvenirs. With the family saving up for this trip and can’t wait to experience the magic and disappointment what they have seen and will leave a lasting mark.

I hope Disney will get this beautiful resorts back like it use too be because you’re losing so many customers that will not return due to neglect. My family will not return nor will their friends as the word has gotten out on how bad Disney has become. I as a Florida resident will not return either. I can only hope with all the reviews Disney will do the correct things and get these parks back like they should be.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Upon arriving early at WDW FW around 11 pm on DEC. 2nd 2018 My 4 YR old Granddaughter who was travelling with my Wife and I was very cranky after sharing the back seat with the family dog for 2 days. We were hungry, tired and just wanted to get some sleep while waiting for our reservation in the morning. The very unfriendly young woman whom I have her name but will not post here stated I would have to go sleep in a Walmart parking lot until my site was ready or pay the 130 dollars to go into a last-minute site, I of course had to pay this money for safety reasons for my 4-year-old granddaughter. I did see a number of RV's remaining in the overflow parking for several days while we stayed there and documented this to show the unfair treatment of our family. That was just the start of this horrible already paid for ahead of time vacation.

Second item: We were told by the Best Friends Dog/Cat Hotel over the phone before we even decided to take our Dog with us who is only 10 months old that with the right shots he can be bordered while we were at the parks. When I arrived there to drop off our dog the older woman there with short hair and an accent looked at my paperwork and stated it was printed off the internet! That I would have to get the Vet to send new documentation to her. I called my Vet and got them on the phone with her at which point she made a nasty facial expression towards the phone and then had a short conversation with my Vet where she then came up with yet another excuse to not take my pet. This time it was that he made an aggressive move towards a staff member which in reality my dog was responding to another dog who came up behind him and startled him while the whole time just wagging his tail to make friends.

I was VERY clear when I discussed this over the phone with them to make sure I wasn't bringing my pet over a thousand miles to sit in a resort and play puppy sitter. Not to mention the expense involved in getting my pet ready for this trip, the last offer from this unfriendly woman was to get a suite for close to 90 a day and that I would still have to come back to walk him every 6 hours. I kept my pet in my RV where of course he destroyed some items in boredom while we had to catch a boat/bus or walk to every place and then return every 4 hours to make sure he was walked/fed and had water.

Buckle in cause this gets better. Third item: Fast passes, For months and I mean months I had been trying to book our fast passes on the website/APP and was always greeted with, "Oops. We seem to have misplaced the page" or "We're fixing it. Come back later." I called their tech support a number of times and after spending over 25 minutes on hold listening to Disney characters tell stories and other offers in my ear was then disconnected, so they were having or may still have issues with their phones. To sum up I nor anyone in our travel party which included my Daughter who along with my Wife and I was treating our 4-year-old Granddaughter to her Birthday present of going to Disney! We never got one fast pass until we got to the resort and they were for the rides like pirates and etc and none at all for any good rides.

I was lucky to speak to 2 DVC members and one of them showed me how they could just go to their app and get a fast pass for anything because they were DVC. Unreal! Now I and my wife had MYW tickets with hopper and more and my Daughter had purchased the base tickets for her and my Grandaughter and because of school she had to be back by the following Monday. Because of the cold weather and of course the previous issues she still had 2 tickets left the day before she had to take my GD back and when we tried to spend that day with her and our GD to use their last ticket we were stopped and told, "You can't park hop on base tickets."

Here's where it gets sticky folks, They had to count them "2" tickets and after using the second to last at Magic Kingdom we went to Animal Kingdom and they refused the last ticket saying she couldn't use it until the next day. We all called customer service to explain there was one ticket left and they kept calling it park hopping when they were using 1 ticket per park. My GD never got to go to the Animal Kingdom that day. Had I had the extra money from the first night I would have bought her a ticket to make sure she didn't cry because we promised her the last trip to that park before she had to go back home. Thanks Disney!

Another issue, We needed propane, The last time I was there I called them and they came to my RV and took the propane canister, filled it and returned it for me without issue, This time I was told to take it to the bike barn where I stood in a line waiting for other people to rent bikes. All well and good we all have to wait for our turn, but the person behind the table watched me holding that canister and a child almost running into it because they were just being a kid and didn't say anything to me until I got to him where he said "We don't fill it here. You have to go there" pointing to the meadow store. Any reason this guy could not stop what he was doing to just say, "Those get filled over there sir" I would have been appreciative of not having to wait to get up to the table.

Well, once at the Meadow Store, I gave the canister to a woman and she said, "Come back after 2 pm when the girl who is certified to fill the tank will be in." I came back at 2:30 pm and then was told the girl didn't come in until after 4:30 pm. I left my cell number so I wouldn't have to walk over there yet again. I heard nothing by 4:45 so I went over there and was told first they couldn't find the bottle then after 10 minutes of looking said they have it but are waiting for someone to come over to fill it. I waited about 15-20 minutes and they then said no one will be in until the next day and they would fill it for free.

Free was not what I wanted because I asked earlier if it was going to take long I would go to Walmart or Camping world and get it done so we could have our stove to cook and heat for the cold night ahead. I would have not had any issue with this as I get they get busy but to keep me waiting and then to bring over a forklift propane tank for me to use was really crazy. I of course would not even attempt to connect that to my RV. I do appreciate the try and some people there were very good to us but the others ruined our vacation.

Case in point here is that if you look at the videos of some of the Youtube so-called "celebs" that frequent Disney World you will see that these people, and I can name them for you get free passes, resort stays, events and other things which hey, it's their business but to treat a family this way and crush the dreams of a 4 year old who loves Disney and cause such mayhem without even a word of how can we fix this or to even meet us half way would have showed something but nothing.

My Family has been at this and other resorts at Disney 8 times over the past 10 years and spent quite a bit of money there. I will say they should not look for us again. I appreciate the wasting of the two weeks I had to lose for vacation time at work and the money that I could have taken my GD to Great Wolf Lodge or Universal or anywhere where we would have at least had a shot at some vacation. I completely understand that things happen and no vacation is ever perfect but Disney Staff in our opinion went out of their way to show they didn't have any concern for us as paying customers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I took my family to Orlando for the Walt Disney World Park. We have another trip already booked for October 2019. I must say it was very disappointing this last trip. I have been a few times now to Walt Disney World and always around Christmas for the decorations and all. This time everything seemed like they have not invested as much money for the entertainment. I believe we spent individually 100 dollars of food/stores in every park. And as I am not complaining about the risen prices which is to be expected. I am complaining about how much they have removed to save money. Hollywood studios used to have the dancing lights for Christmas. It was so amazing how the whole street was lit up in lights that would go along with the music. And now it has been removed and they have replaced it with two lasers in front of Tower of Terror. Seems Disney is getting greedy?

Also, not one character dressed in Christmas outfits like before. Before there used to be so many characters walking around and that seems to have been downgraded as well. Now Epcot, there was one character in the WHOLE park. And not only that but Epcot entrance and exit by the waterfall used to be a passage of lights for exiting and entering. And now there is nothing. Very disappointed. I do not mind paying as it comes out to be expensive. But if I'm paying more then don't take away entertainment. This time not exaggerating. Disney World was not close to how great it was a few years back. There has been a lot of things removed. Someone who goes often would agree. For people that have gone once wouldn't know.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

First I recommend no one get the after party ticket, you are paying for a fireworks show only. A great show but not worth the $$. There are way too many people still in the park and lines are still long. Second - it takes a long time to get from park to park - the park hopper is really not worth it. We needed to get to and from Disney Springs often and there just aren't enough buses for that and they come about once an hour despite what you're told. One bus and 200 people waiting. When you do catch a bus from Disney Springs it goes to resorts where you then have to get off and wait for a park bus. Third - there are thousands of obese people in scooters, only a handful of truly disabled people and it makes me angry they have to wait for the fat people who have no shame about it whatsoever. Disney should not accommodate lazy people like this.

Fourth - the food is pretty bad for the $$. Coral Reef is expensive and awful. The fish was terrible, no one could eat it after the first bite - $29 for that and the vegan dish, cauliflower - 2 pieces of that and the rest tasted like 3 day old pizza toppings. $22 for that. It was gross. And the beef teriyaki bowl in Animal Kingdom was really terrible. 2 small pieces of beef and soggy onions swimming in sauce, bleak - that was $12. Bring your own food or eat off site. I had remember when Disney food was good, not so anymore. We had better food and cheaper at Universal.

The most important thing to know is you will wait - that is what you are paying for - standing in line for hours. We booked our trip according to the crowd calendar and it was still wall to wall people. Despite the crowd calendar look at Orlando's calendar of events. That is critical. We happened upon thousands of cheerleading and football teams in the area for events and they all were at the parks. I would recommend Disney World if you have money to waste, feet of steel and have no desire to ride anything.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We went to Animal kingdom on 11/28. We stood in line at the Avatar. The wait time showed 70 mins wait. The person who "allowed" people into the ride section, would only let-in the Fastpass people. Some 40:5 ratio. On the other side were 100s of people waiting for more than an hour, carrying little children and still, there is no greeting or any sort of respect. How many? He asks with a stern look & points to another line. He lets in 2 families and then back to fast pass. If there was nobody, he waits for someone to show up! While 100s are waiting in line on the regular line! Ha! Way to treat people! Shame on you! We left the park after this. We don't need to go all the way to Disney, get pricey tickets, stand in line for hour & a half & be treated this way. I want my money back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This was my 3rd trip to Disney World and it was terrible. Using Fastpasses and booking months in advance and using their app to gauge line ups didn't help at all. Several of the rides broke down and there were long line ups everywhere including for food and restrooms. Also, we waited 1 hour to have our tickets activated and then we were told it was not activated correctly so they made us wait another 1 hour at guest relations. They need more spots for sitting down and need more restrooms. The lineups at the restrooms are almost as long as the lineups at the rides. We also were not able to get on several rides due to 2 hour plus waits or because the rides broke down. Disney staff also do not apologize for anything. They blame everything on the volume of people. Disney really needs to either limit access to the parks or re-organize the whole system for rides.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We were here in March 2018 and after complaining to Disney about our un-magical experience they gave us a do-over. We were there 11/18/2018 until 11/21/2018 the 3rd night we paid for ourselves. We stayed at the Art of Animation in a family suite which was very nice and clean. The staff was great. But the reason we stayed was to go to the parks. Unfortunately we had will call tickets which means we could not set up fast passes until we picked up the tickets as we entered the park. No fast passes available on most rides let alone the "good" rides. The Hollywood Studios was pretty much the same. Long, long lines like 3 hours for Toy-story slinky dog coaster. Bottom line is if you don't plan way in advance forget it. Rules out people like me. I will not be returning.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

First off I have waited 40 yrs to come to Disney. The first day at the park we had fast passes and showed up early. Had reservations to eat. They were filming GMA and wouldn't let anyone in until after. So much for the reservation and being early. Next we went to some rides. I'm a powerlifter. I have big legs as well as the rest of me. I'm not fat just big. Couldn't ride 99 percent of the rides with my son. They are geared to people built like a 16 yr old girl. The crowds were expected the food for the most part was good but way overpriced. And after crossing the park five times I seen many people sitting on anything they could. Disney needs to install more benches for people. All and all I had hoped for a better experience especially for my son but I could have taken him to Hawaii and had more fun for less money spent.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Our fifth trip to Disney over the past 15 years and was our worst experience ever. Every ride had over an hour wait, no fast pass available unless you spent all day refreshing the app, and due to the new fast pass allocations made the standby queues even longer. Will never go back to Disney again. Tickets overpriced and then $25 to park a car. Very disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have not been to Disney in 20 years (which was magical back in the days). My granddaughter just moved to Florida and on her 16th birthday I wanted to surprise her with a trip of a lifetime. We arrived at the Polynesia Resort and spent the first night relaxing and experiencing the Aloha show (which was wonderful), food not so great though. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom the next day and I have to say there was nothing magical about it anymore. The crowds, the stifling heat, rides being repaired, lines were an hour wait. We had three FastPasses per park and still had about a twenty minute wait per ride, some even longer.

We were there three days and my Disney Experience plan was over 5000.00 not including 399.00 I paid for Hollween passes that I could not use because my granddaughter wasn't feeling well. I ask for a refund, but they refused to reimburse me. I feel like I literally threw my money down the drain. My granddaughter thought it was so overrated. I try to make the best of all situations and hate to complain, but couldn't resist warming those that have never been. I feel sorry for those that have saved up for so long to be miserable.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My boyfriend and I have annual passes. In the last 2 days we went to three different parks used our FastPasses or tried when we got to the parks it said that we were not linked up And that we had no tickets purchased. Mind you we have AP, when we got to the rides it then said that we didn't sign up for FastPass but when I show my phone app that we did it confirmed it but not at the entry. This happened 5 out of 6 times in 2 days, so Disney with all the money you make work on your website/app to make everyone's vacation easier. We all spend a lot of money to come here. At least save us some time when it comes to getting on rides, I've heard this from several other people. FastPass does not work to our advantage always and with all the people that travel from all over the world. At least give us a feature to save time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

No military, senior citizen or handicap discount on one day tickets. All the rides had 60+ minute waits. It's just dropping money in a dark hole. Kids frustrated waiting all day. Just a horrific costly experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Every single thing reviewers are complaining about (price of food, price of tickets, price of hotel rooms, crowds, and long lines) are all easily researched to make an informed decision about whether visiting Disney is for you. We’re now on our 6th trip since February ‘17 and have had none of these issues. We monitor hotel prices religiously, know how much food costs thanks to Google, and reserve Fastpasses and gauge lines efficiently by using My Disney Experience. It seems there are a plethora of folks here that never did their homework expecting magic when they arrive unprepared. They are likely the same people that will never be pleased wherever they go.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Walt Disney World is the safest way to spend your vacation budget. Whether you want fun rides, delicious food, or glorious shopping, you'll find it on the Disney campus. I suggest that you use a specialized travel agency like Mickey Travels to plan your trip. Their service is free to you, as Disney pays them commission. So, you get expert advice and resort planning for free.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Disney requires a great deal of walking. A lot of time can be wasted waiting in line so FastPasses should be used when possible. Staying on Disney property is convenient.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Surprised at how much Disney doesn't care. Use to be much better. All they care about is money. I know it's a business but the heart seems to have gone out of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We were there in the summer June, and it was raining. There was nowhere to take shelter from the heat or the rain. I was very disappointed in the uncomfortable feeling we experienced when we arrived and our Costco reservations could not be found. It was up to us to find the details on the limited wifi.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Many of the rides were closed or down for repair, prices for food and drink are way overpriced for what you get, no refills on drinks like most restaurants outside the park. Can't bring in your own sandwich or water like you used to when the park first opened. And parking is now around $40 or higher, and they claim no responsibility for damage or break-in of your vehicle. I feel if I AM PAYING to PARK ON YOUR PROPERTY, then you darn well need to be responsible for damage to vehicles parked on or IN THEIR PARKING LOTS!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Really. I have no issues with the Cast Members as they are just accommodating for the overall management restructuring the company desperately needs now. We have two sides to everything and I am going to be honest. I took the Florida Plunge. Moved by Disney to be closer to the parks with my disability (Autism). The Cast Members are overall cheery until they have to deal with everyone. The Autism DAS program is just broken now for everyone. I just cancelled a Royal Table dinner over the situation. I am perfectly fine waiting within reason on the side sitting down for a ride since I am here. The issue is guests are trampling others - yes trampling with complete disrespect - even in the DAS queues (queues to get a return time). I choose to leave the park each time because the guests can run you down.

The Cast Members (CMs) are scared because of their management. They are scared to take action against the trampling and rude behaviors of guests. I get scared because of my Autism and just leave and cancel reservations. The guests are very rude. I walk away in a bad mood because there is nothing we can do about it with Autism! We have to make everyone happy; however, the management rather have someone with Autism that has been through a lot just leave the parks! Just leave! So other guests can continue to trample others and shove people with Autism down even when trying to see characters or go on park rides. It is disappointing overall! I get very upset and just leave the parks! That doesn't help anyone because I go home depressed! Very depressed! It is a two sided battle that never gets easier with visits! I shouldn't have to leave the park!

I also have left honest feedback - guests push and shove at the security lines which gives me a good idea of the day and that is your front facing Guest Relations. The Security CMs are the ones that technically greet you now and have to handle all the pushing and shoving! I get dehydrated just standing back while this goes on! Fast forward the lines are bad! When you get shoved over for a DAS return timeline to wait for an iPad to add to your RFID MagicBand or Card! Wow! Guests have no respect! I peacefully take my return time (or say Have a Disney Day) and go to Guest Relations to tell them what happened, give advise, have issues talking because I am overheated, and leave the park! I leave the park and cancel items which isn't right! I think about what happened and just jump to cancel or leave because the guests are so BAD and RUDE!

Yes Disney says it is "our society" but somebody needs to realize that if you don't help your guests than your Cast Members (CMs) are going to have bad days dealing with some of us. I admit based on my behavior accommodating others I could be considered a "treasured guest" because I question how I can't stand the other guests. Line control, management shifts/changes, or overall re-haul of lines and queues is much needed! Also when you have a line for DAS - add more ropes so people don't cut you off by shoving someone for a DAS return time. I am sure to return but since I lost Royal Table in this manic state it doesn't make the team happy at Disney nor my medical team.

Since the guests are the issues it makes the CMs upset and their valued guests. There are so many moving pieces that I think they need to revisit the management structure overall to address the obvious issues and bring back the Magic. The CMs will be unhappy with me even though I keep trying to push (keep moving) forward because each day they face a different challenge - is he going to be happy or upset? It all depends on the guests that push and shove me down. The front line cast members (CMs) make the difference. The management needs to actually revisit the whole DAS program. They should know who wrote this and how I try to help!

The guests make me have a bad day and we see me cancelling Royal Table because I can't go by rumors from the Hospital staff after the last DAS Dehydration incident at Frozen Ever After (FEA). They know who to call. I have a support system here in FL now and this started because of the parking lot and the three lanes of pushing guests in cars and people running in the exit and entry lanes without guidance from the Cast Members. I parked, as always way out from Medical with my surgery + autism + other items, and well I couldn't make it and became upset because I wanted to be with my friends.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Everything is very expensive, very crowded, Fastpass set-up did not work, a lot of attractions unavailable for Fastpass. We were told after the fact to set up that feature online early or before visiting the park.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Way too expensive and too crowded. If you do not have special access, you are at a disadvantage with too many folks going to the head of the line because they can afford it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The animals were distant from the "Safari" ride. Not like a traditional zoo. Too crowded. Food excellent, if a bit pricey. Courteous staff. Hardly saw any mammals other than humans.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went with my three year old grandson and he enjoyed it but at this age it was limited in what he could/would participate in and everything is very expensive.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We felt totally welcome. Everyone treated us like we were the only guests. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special. We have been back several times and always felt the same way.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Disney is my most favorite place in the world. I go annually and have for over 20 years. Disney truly does make MAGIC and lasting memories. I never get tired of Disney.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It's no secret that I hate going to amusement parks and would rather clean the house than go to an amusement park. Once in a lifetime is plenty... till my grandkids were old enough to go. I've had more fun taking my grandkids to Disney World than I ever had with my parents! The only issue is with the cost. While I'm a Doctor of Change Management, I handle mostly seniors, which doesn't pay much. Because of the prohibitive $450 per trip, I can only take them a couple times each year. I also have plans to bring a couple aging veterans who are on a retirement home. They have never been to Disney - anything and I would like to take them before they pass on.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Absolutely love everything about Disney! The hotel's food and shopping ❤️. They treat you like royalty and try to make your stay the best it can be! We go every 2 years and my kids are 17-19 and still love it!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The lines for rides too long. Overpriced everything! It’s a successful business; is it necessary to continue to raise prices? We took our kids 20 years ago, there were so much more without additional fees for water attractions when you purchase hopper passes. 3 day for 4 $1600, wow!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Disney World is unlike any destination around. There are options for all budgets and all tastes. 4 Parks, 2 water parks, lots of resort areas and shopping.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Always perfect! I go every year and Disney always goes above and beyond! They are extremely helpful in the resorts as well as in the parks. Halloween is the best time to go!

Walt Disney World Resort Company Information