3.95/5

Orlando, FL

421 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

Hello everyone. I'm Jessica. I went to spend time with my family on vacation, had the worst experience at Walt Disney theme parks. For starters after paying an obscene amount to enter around $750 dollars my husband paid cash, to have a great family experience at the parks. I brought along water for my children to drink if thirsty. Four bottles, one for each. The water bottles were closed (brand-new). At the entrance, they opened all the waters and put their nasty nose on the top of the bottles of water to smell that was discussing to ensure it was alcohol. The guy even put his finger to taste them.

I was so upset and told him to please not do that, he just looked at me and continued going. He opened everything and through all our personal belonging all over the place even on the floor. I'm not sure if that's the Disney policy but as a customer paying so much it was the worst experience I had to endure. They took 2 hours checking, under the extreme heat with children and no consideration. Mind you my son is six years old and I have an autistic daughter who is 12 year. I was so upset we left the park. I basically lost what we pay to visit Disney World. My children were externally disappointed. Changes need to be made. People can't pay high prices to be humiliated like my family was.

Original review: June 18, 2019

So long lines, the money, the food all of that was fine. You expect long lines. The food was ok - a little pricey but it’s Disney. I expected to go home with a tan and a smile on all of us. What I did not expect to go home with is bed bugs. I get home and next thing I know I have bedbugs. Looked it up online. Apparently at the time I went other people had complained about the same thing. So my Disney trip ended up costing me an extra 3,000 to call an exterminator. The bugs are now gone. Thank goodness. Every time I see a Disney commercial it makes me itchy because that is all I can think about when I think of Disney. Wish I could go back in time and stay in a different resort.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We were so excited to go to this hotel, have had previous favorable experiences. However, this time we required a King Sized bed. I called the hotel directly and made the reservation, only to find that there were NO king size beds available upon arrival. We reserved the room months in advance. I even called ahead to confirm reservations before leaving home!

I politely asked to speak to the manager, the girl at the desk claimed to be in charge (of course, I found out later she was just the lead for that shift). As we were waiting, several other people had confirmed king sized bedrooms. I did not use a booking service, which was what the girl told another customer as the excuse why she did not get her requested size bed. Phooey! She kept telling me that the hotel was full, no choices available, not even if I paid more for a room.

I did manage to speak to a manager only because I was holding up the line of people wanting to check in. We wound up with a larger room with 2 queen sized beds which was not exactly what we had in mind for this trip. That did not make me happy, but it kept me from complaining loudly in front of the other customers. I would love to go use that hotel again, but every time I go to make a reservation, I just can't trust them. Imagine, a direct booking customer with several days reservation, repeat customer, who booked a couple of months ahead not getting the room requested even though told that the reservation was confirmed!!!

Original review: June 8, 2019

Disney is the absolute WORST amusement park I have ever been to. We paid so much money to just get told that we can’t go in the fast lanes and we’d have to spend 3 hours in line. When we asked for help one of the cast members told us we should’ve looked online before we came with such a rude attitude and stormed off. The other one standing right next to her started talking smart to my mother and was told to leave us alone 20 times by other workers and told them no that he was going to stand by us whether we like it or not. The workers are unacceptable and everything about that place is a waste of money. If you want an actual good experience I suggest going to Universal. Their fast passes ACTUALLY work and there’s more rides that are actually fun!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I spent thousands of dollars to go on this trip. Was severely disappointed with almost everything about it and unless you want to spend your vacation in line go somewhere else that is actually fun. Overcrowded and most the stuff is not worth waiting in lines for hours.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: May 31, 2019

We spent $1800.00 for a 2 day pass. Our experience at this park was horrible. My grandson is autistic, he was treated terribly. He went up to a character and was screamed at by a worker, embarrassing my whole family. We had to reserve the line for the fast pass which was between 2-3 hrs. You could not reserve another ride until the first one reserved was done. It was 100 degrees waiting with a disabled child. Complaining to guest services did no good. They did nothing. We must have spend another $2000.00 in the park. Water was $5 a bottle. There is nothing magical about Disney. Go to Universal, cheaper and much better. This was their first experience here and it was horrible.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I know what you're thinking when reading the title because I'm sure I would have felt the same until today. Disney has always been a great experience and their staff has always been kind and helpful. Today my travel group left early because of multiple run ins with horribly unkind staff (when they behave like that I can't bring myself to call them cast members). I literally had a bag searched and thrown back at me that had a valuable camera inside. When I asked the security guard "Is everything ok?" He cut me off and said "You're done sir. You can go." I don't know if I fit the description of someone they were looking for but either way this was uncalled for. I complained to guest services and left with my group and sadly I'm not sure I'll return. I love Disney but something has happened that has turned their staff hostile! Matt.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Just back from Orlando Disney for the second time which was 6 years earlier and we could not believe how much the parks charge whilst there; with a family of 5 to pay for on top of the park tickets the prices for food and drink are outrageous for even water not to mention the prices of their ice creams and an ice pop etc at around £6 to £7 each; ridiculous prices for dining. Not that we could afford it we just made do with our own snacks and tap water; but had to give in to the kids and pay for the ice pops etc due to the hot weather.

Also the other thing that is a joke is the fact that they charge you to park in their parks apart from blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon; starting from £25 for standard parking. I don't know how they get away with it all with all these extras they charge. It's bad enough that the park tickets went up by £90 each since last time we went. Overall great place for kids if you can actually get on the rides with the massive queues! Won't be going again.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I have been to Magic Kingdom 26 years ago. Wow. What a trip! Cast members dressed up in Cinderella, Mickey and Minnie and others' costumes. Now this April of 2019 I brought my daughter to show her the beauty of Disney. No costumes, no magic, just a money pit. Between 6 of us, I spent about $950 for tickets, fast pass and food. Well, it lasted only a couple of hours of arriving there. Fast pass lines and app had no more time available, in another words “oversold” and I pretty much felt fooled by the fast pass. The wait in line for either food or rides is ridiculously long and time consuming for at least a couple of hours.

My family and I were so upset about the park being so overcrowded and oversold that we could not even find a corner to rest without being bumped or pushed or worrying about the kids getting separated. Don’t waste your time and money over there. You are better off going to SeaWorld, Bush Gardens and Aquatica. At least you won’t waste that much money and feel frustrated. Thanks Disney! You clearly are more concerned to make those quarterly bottom line profits to keep your stock from plunging than to better serve your customers. You went from awesome 26 years ago to horrible greedy parks. Don’t count on me or anyone from my family to ever go there.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Universal would get my money any day! But I digress. Let's start with Pop Century Hotel. It's supposed to be a cost effective hotel compared to the other Disney Hotels. For the cost and amenities it fits your budget. The operative work here is "budget". They operate like a budget motel. We specifically avoided the Disney express to have control of our luggage and time. We gave our luggage to a porter out front that said he would take our luggage immediately to our room. My husband made the mistake of giving him a tip and our luggage took over an hour or more to get to our room. After having a fit with 4 different people including a desk manager we finally got our luggage and wasted so much time it defeated the purpose of taking an earlier flight.

They wanted to offer us fast passes to compensate. What a joke when most of the decent rides had already run out of fast passes. They were able to offer a couple of lunch vouchers since Disney refused to allow us to purchase a meal plan. When we checked in they asked if we wanted daily housekeeping or a $30 voucher. We opted for housekeeping. Unbeknownst to us all that meant was clean towels and alleged "cleaning of the room." They never changed the sheets. My son wet the bed and we literally stripped the bed of the sheet and put them on a chair. I realized a day later they put the same sheets on the bed when I kept smelling urine... how disgusting is that?

This is not a motel! You charge for every god forsaken thing and housekeeping can't change sheets? The cast members and staff keep talking about this "magical day" There is no magic. It's almost since Disney is a billion $ company they could care less and less. They know people are going to continue to patronage their facilities and hotel. The staff said my son would have a balloon put in his room for his birthday...never happened. Their staff in their cafeteria is probably their best asset. Everyone friendly and happy to help. No originality in the treat offered at the park. Same things over and over again. Nothing under $5. Not even water. A snack pack of chips is $3. Your bathrooms at the park smell horrible. You need a better choice of cleaner. I pray the cruise is better. Can't say if I would return...

Walt Disney World Resort Company Information