1.42/5
Based on 60 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Orlando, FL

317 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 30, 2018

I called to make reservations at Pop Century Resort Today. We have been staying there 22 years every October. I was very happy with the staff member until she informed me that they are charging $13.00 a day to park your car. Come on folks. I guess the next thing they will charge for is the ride to the Park. I guess I will change my vacation destination. Sorry Mickey. It has been fun.

Original review: July 29, 2018

My husband and I decided to take our son, who is 5 years old, to Walt Disney World this summer. We were all very excited. Well, the experience did not start well at all. We had purchased our tickets in advance and spoken to a representative on the phone who told us that as long as the tickets were linked to our Disney experience app we did not need anything else. When we arrived we found that reality was very different and not only we had to wait on line for 45 mins, they had a hard time finding us in the computer.

After that nightmare was resolved we finally entered Magic Kingdom and had a very bad experience for my 5 year old to meet Pluto. Not only we kept being told that the line was closed and to come back (which we did several times, but At some point we arrived back in the line and the lady working there told us go enter from a different side that she pointed to, we walk over and the lady working on that side sends us back to the other side and as we walk back to where we started. Some other lady calls us back and is telling not to worry she’ll let us in. We finally get in and are awaiting in line, where at this point the guy that is working next to Pluto comes toward us and with very nasty manners starts telling us to get out because his line was closed.

Not so much of a very Magical Experience for a 5 year old who really wanted to meet Pluto. As we were leaving this terrible scene we told the guy that we would go and complain about him, so at that point some other guy shows up and took us behind the scenes for a minute so my son could take a picture with Pluto. Thank you, but I am still not happy with what had just happened. Also the lines were very long and my son preferred being at the pool than going to the Parks. Very sad!

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Had a very discouraged and discriminating experience at WDW’s Epcot Pavilion on June 2, 2018. It felt like my family and I were caught up in some political employee interdepartmental conflict that made my family and I’s experience very sour. We received a call from the VP of the Morocco pavilion who didn’t seem very compassionate about our experience and lacked to see the situation from our perspective (the guest). I do have to comment the GM of the Morocco Pavilion who seemed very empathetic and compassionate about the ship he runs there.

I would high encourage the powers that be, to promote Abdul to the VP position because of his empathetic understanding of how we felt and his human compassion to customer experience. I’m very discouraged how WDW Guest Relations and Customer Experience has handled this situation this far and would hope they would reach out to make things right for what felt like a very discouraging and discriminating visit to Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I took my daughter and 2 of her friends to Magic Kingdom for her 16th Birthday. The trip was planned months in advance and all 3 girls, and myself, were looking forward to the whole experience. We arrived early on June 25th and I could see it was a disaster from the start. The Disney bands I purchased had to be reprogrammed because they would not work. Upon entering the park the crowds of people were overwhelming. We arrived early to avoid this but the park was way overcrowded. There has to be some sort of safety regulation for how many people should be allowed into a theme park.

Anyway, we thought we could schedule our rides onto Fast Passes and discovered nothing available until late in the evening. Which meant the Fast Passes were a waste of money, A LOT OF MONEY. Greedy Disney screwed us. The regular lines were over 2 hour wait times. I am from NYC so crowds do not bother me but the amount of people that were allowed into this park is unbelievable. We were able to go on one ride “It’s a Small World” and nothing else. The girls were disappointed and honestly I was angry that her birthday was ruined, and that’s not to mention the amount of money I spent. I would NEVER GO BACK. Disney is all about “the money”.

Original review: June 24, 2018

On our way home from our first Disney World experience and I have to say it was NOT magical at all! This place is a SHAM! During check in At All Star Movies I asked the lady working front desk that I had paid for preferred room and had requested the Dalmatians building months in advance. She said it was not available. I overheard the guy next to me checking in and he had NOT paid for preferred room and requested the same building as I had and they gave it to him. The room was ok. Very outdated and not the cleanest. Food court was a ripoff and not very good food or desserts. Mousekeeping was very sweet though. They did make Minnie bows out of my kids' blankets on the bed.

Magic Kingdom was awful and so were all the other parks. The crowd was unreal. You couldn’t even walk safely. There were so many people. The lines for rides were beyond ridiculous. Hours upon hours to get on a 30 second ride. The FastPass system is a total SHAM! I believe it is a way to lure people in to get more money. Half the time the app didn’t even work and if it did no FastPasses were available. The extra magic hours were the biggest joke of all. We dragged our kids outta bed at the crack of dawn to get there only to be told they only open two areas of the park! Really??? That was never advertised anywhere. Another SHAM!

Once the rope dropped we were almost trampled to death (thank goodness our kids were in a stroller). Lines were crazy! It boggles my mind that somebody would stand in line for 3 hours to ride Peter Pan (the ride sucks by the way). No characters walking around. You have to stand in line for hours to meet them or pay a $200 plus character meal. We seen Chip and Dale once at Hollywood Studios and my kids were scolded by the staff for running up and hugging them. Not one worker in the parks or resort did anything nice. We rarely got a smile.

My kids are 5 & 8 and I feel so bad that I pumped them up for this vacation of a lifetime and they couldn’t even enjoy it! The whole time they kept asking to just go back to resort and swim. I could have saved $7000 and did that at home but I can’t blame my kids. This place is horrible! We will NEVER go back to Disney. For the kind of money we spent I could have taken my kids to a tropical island. My advice for people... DO NOT waste your money on the ridiculous place!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have been visiting the Magic Kingdom since 1977. It has lost its luster and is seriously in need of an experience overhaul. Recently (June 2018) visited with family and 5 yr. old grandson. Employees were pleasant, park was clean, and food was acceptable. But spending $600 (3 adults w 1 child) for a few hours was not. Waiting lines for Fast Pass were longer than 30 min. in an only slightly crowded park by noon. These were for the tame rides, nothing special. Characters were nowhere to be seen. Waiting lines were available to see the Princesses, but they were also too long and in the sun. The Disney experience is not what it was. Time for the imagineers to bring some of that magic back! Please start with fixing the Fast Pass system. Allowing people to sign up for months in advance is beyond unfair. We could not even use our 3 Fast Passes because the waits were 30-45 min. to use them. Purpose of the concept was defeated from the get-go!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I've been going to Disney World for the last 29 years, and it's sad to see how the customer service has become nonexistent. It used to be a wonderful experience, specially with an autistic kid. Not anymore. We used to get a pass that will help us avoid lines. It doesn't work like that now. At guest relations they gave her a DAS pass, that allows your kid and the whole group to avoid lines. Not so, because you have to go to the ride and have the special needs person card scanned so that you can go back in whatever the line time is minus 10 minutes. Considering the distances between rides, you have to be going back and forth for every ride. Not to mention the fact that once you are at the entrance of the attraction it is very hard to explain to your autistic kid that he cannot go in now.

I really wonder why Disney doesn't allow, the same as with the FAST PASS, to use the application to make the reservations. We paid a ton of money, and only went to 4 attractions. Only used the DAS Pass for the first one because the lady at guest relations scheduled it at that moment. We tried later to do the same, but they only do it for the first ride. I really feel like they ripped me off.

Even the transportation is lousy. Long lines, long walks to get to the bus stop and then from where the bus stops to the park entrance. Where did the magic go Disney? Why do you allow so many people in the parks when you don't have the ability to manage them? Why do you allow FAST PASS reservations in advance? Some attractions were sold out. Same day reservations would be more fair. Very frustrated. Hope you regain some of your Disney magic soon.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I attended Walt Disney World the first year it opened and perhaps 50 times since. Not many in the past decade. When first opened Disney was sure to make an enjoyable "experience" for all. Workers were polite and genuinely cared. Recently it has all been about the money. Quality control is non-existent. Care about "enjoyment"? That ended when they tore down their bread and butter, the Mickey Mouse Village. Children could see where Mickey actually lived, and imagine being with him. Now it was replaced by a few rides simply because they made a move, but does not add to the most important thing Walt cared about... "imagination". You suck WDW.

Original review: May 17, 2018

My wife and I visited The Magic Kingdom at Disney World during a business trip. We hadn't been there for almost 15 years, since our children were young. During those 15 years apparently Disney has not updated their theme park at all! The attractions just got older and less appealing. At one restaurant the servers got our order wrong and did not apologize. Later that night all the good restaurants were booked. We only got on five rides because of the long lines, and because none of the attractions were interesting or even entertaining. Disney World has gone downhill. The workers were often dismissive and appeared unhappy. The overall park was filthier. It was a horrible experience and a waste of money. We will never go back!

Original review: April 26, 2018

Overcrowded, long lines, overpriced food overall not worth the money. So disappointed didn't even use last two days on ticket. 8 years ago was great seems to have gone downhill since then. Save your money and plan to go somewhere else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Disney Vacation Florida - I don't know where to start. My family (grandchildren & son) we were all so excited, about the experiencing Disney, will. We spent money on tickets for 7 people, we are talking $120.00/ea... That is a lot of money for my family. This was to be a dream vacation. It turn out very sad. We tried to enjoy the rides, the lines were so long. We went on March 15, 2018. There were so many people there, it was a 2-3 hour wait, for most rides. Tried to use kiosk, all rides were book up 'till 8-9 pm... (We arrived early to get our money worth.) So, we had all day with nothing fun to experience. Disney needs to lower price at Magic Mountain, and put a limit on the number of people they allow in the park at once. My grandchildren were so disappointed. We will never go back. We wasted $840.00!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been reading some reviews from the week we were also in Disney this past Spring Break (April 2018). Let me start off with I love the place! I get all kinds of gitty and excited every time I plan a trip there. I still had a great time but there are two things I want to address here: 1. All of you who complain about the long wait times, and the overcapacity at the park, I am not sure why you went on Spring Break? Furthermore, if Disney implemented a way to stop people from coming in when the parks were full and you were left outside the gates, I am sure you would be way more upset than waiting on lines.

We expected the long wait times and accounted for that by planning our Fast Passes way in advance and planning our days so that we were not there all day. Still it was a lot of people and I have to admit very seldom did I see anyone with that Disney Magic smile on their face. My suggestion for all those who chose to come during this time and who were completely disappointed with the amount of people there, take your kids out of school and go when the world is not on Spring Break.

Now, my personal complaint. The computer system/magic band/check-in system/my Disney experience was a horror story for our family. We have 3 members by the same name (3rd, 4th and 5th generations) and Disney with all of their resources and all of the money they can spend on perfecting the system messed us up royally! We had one member who had 13 park tickets (for a 7-day stay) and one member who had 0! We had one member who lost every single fast pass (which as I mentioned above is extremely important when there are Spring Break crowds) and they were not able to reinstate them! 6 of us lost (somehow?!) our reservation for the Magical Express for our departure. Some of us would go to use our magic band to pay for our meals (on Disney dining) and the computers would tell us we have no snacks left (we had about 45 snacks left between 12 people at the end!).

We spent over 4/5 hours in total at the front desk trying to fix various things! It was just a less than satisfactory experience. Disney really needs to fix this. I believe it is because too many people have the same access to the systems to do the same things. So much gets messed up. You have one person who has no idea what they are doing and you lose everything! Please fix this!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Just returned from Disney World. It was anything but a magical experience. Long lines despite FastPass for short rides made the experience a terrible one. My five year granddaughter opted to stay at the pool rather than face the lines and crowds. We were happy to forfeit our $500 tickets! Will never go back.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I’m not sure as to how many people you allow in an amusement park in a day. We (my husband and children) travel to Disney World almost every year for a family vacation and this was by far the worst. It was TERRIBLY crowded with wait times that people on vacation should not have to experience for the price that is paid for a vacation! The FastPass lines were totally backed up, the worst we’ve ever seen. People in the park were aggravated and aggressive which is sadly understandable. I’m so disappointed with the service we received this time around. From the reviews that I have read on this page it seems that many others were dissatisfied as well. It’s sad to know that you guys really pack out the parks that way making a dream vacation totally unenjoyable.

We do not plan to return to Disney for a long time after this experience. Not to mention getting totally ripped off with the meal plan package. You guys really need to have a business meeting and realize that you are not going bankrupt by any means and should accommodate your customers a lot better. The amount of people daily crammed into that park is outrageous! Could you imagine if there was some kind of natural disaster, how do you plan on evacuating people safely? My husband and I are both Fire fighters and work in the medical field, so that was just a thought when seeing the massive crowds. Very disappointed with this visit.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We waited a while to take our daughters to Disney because we knew it was expensive and we wanted them to be able to enjoy the parks and also have fond memories. On April 2, 2018, we ventured to Magic Kingdom and immediately knew it was a huge mistake. Herded like cattle onto a ferry with thousands of other suckers we finally arrived at Magic Kingdom an hour after our Uber dropped us off at the entrance. The only fast passes we could get were at 3 PM, 4 PM and 8:30 PM. The lines for everything were already at least 45 minutes long. We stood in the Under the Sea line for 1.5 hrs. The wait time for Space Mountain and the Seven Dwarfs mine train was never below a 2 hr wait time and it usually hovered around 3 hrs. For a 12 hour day, we rode a total of 6 rides. The cost of this was over $500.

What truly baffles me is why Disney doesn't have a max capacity on ticket sales. When we were leaving, there were so many people leaving that the flow of people literally stopped because there was a bottleneck. I'm not sure how they can get away with letting in thousands upon thousands of people. There has to be a safety risk. I've been told to go in the off-season like November and February but of course we don't have school vacations then.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The fast pass has totally screwed the system up for families trying to get on a major ride. We waited over 2 hours min. to ride a ride. It will be a long time for me to come back if I ever do. Very disappointed. Just waiting on the day where you need a fast pass to use the restroom.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been visiting Disneyland since a toddler, every year almost until now at 44 years of age. Wow Disney has changed... it used to be a happy place but it's become a very profit driven, cow-herding business where the crowds and waiting times have never been like this before... whether it's increased wealth, cheaper travel, Disney Parks seem to be packed to the max to the point you can't even see the pavement ahead you're walking on in most parks. Gone are the days when you could park your car at Disneyland LA and walk to the entrance... now we have to park, get herded like cattle in trams and buses to the park, plus 2-3 stages of security... which all takes about 30-45 mins off your day just to get to the entrance. Fast passes are booked out on most days for the big rides! First time staying in a Disney Hotel and visiting DisneyWorld.

Art of Animation - is like one massive airplane hangar that been decked out and cladded with large Disney animation frame - wowoweewa... good for the kids but it's just a cheap build building - has no atmosphere. Check in was a 20 min line... the food hall or mess room like in a military base was gross! Cheap and unhealthy food which has been mass made, served like in a mess hall. It's just a bad version of a fast food hall - no other choices at this so called hotel. The pools were nicely decorated for kids but they don't know any better. This hotel is over priced for what it is.. tiny bathroom, tiny bathtub, with outdated shower curtains and carpet. Disney please rate your hotels truthfully on your website, I would give this a 2 star rating.

Next morning was made to wait 30 mins at 630am for the bus to Magic Kingdom for the Magic hours - it was a freezing morning... grumpy parents with screaming impatient kids... but Disney can't afford to place a heater in the bus shelters!! It was really cold, people were shivering and this was mid-March! Checked out of Art of Animation and went across to Polynesian, a world apart but paying more than double for a room - none of the hotels are value for money. For the amount I was paying at the Polynesian I could have stayed at a real 5 star hotel like the Waldorf or Ritz Carlton. Anyway, this was a Disney holiday and the Disney execs know we are all stupid enough to pay for a Disney holiday probably for the sake of our kids and that we are entitled to Magic hours!

BTW, not sure how this resort was constructed by I could hear the footsteps in the room above, the morning pees, from next door. I heard entire phone conversations, toilet flushes, farts, early morning or late night! The walls in this place were like cardboard! They skipped and tried to save on sound proofing these rooms! Spent more on the animatronics in the Naavi river journey for sure.

Food downstairs near the garden was better than Art of Animation but still cheap and unhealthy - fake powered eggs, fried breakfast bits, oily stuff... maple coated bacon, sugar, sugar... nothing healthy. Exiting the rooms at 630 was like a battle prep - guests are in a rush, everyone is rushing to the theme parks like it's the end of the world... well I found out why.

Magic hours Animal Kingdom - arrived at the park at 6:45 am - it was already open and shocked to see the crowds there already... guests over dosed on coffee... thousands of people, rushing to Avatar, pushing, shoving like their life depended on it. It was still dark, cold and cast members herded the crowds into lines that went on for a mile all over the place... like cattle... anyway, so much for magic hours... and getting there at 6:45am, it still took 45 mins to get into the ride.

Anyway, other issues - room service one night...was on hold about 10 mins to put my order in... Fast passes are BS... sometimes they are ok but most of the times, the waits are long or the same as normal line - I think they use it more of a crowd diversion tool than anything else. Same as all the different stages in lines, with the bs videos and useless displays that some people wave their hand infront of to get a kick... it's all just crap to keep us amused and wait longer.

With all this being said, there is nowhere else on this planet where you can find such a theme park or the quality and amazing design of rides.. for FFS they spent $500 million on world of Pandora (if it;s true), it is amazing, all the details throughout the park including Epcot, Magic Kingdom! There is really no competition - and would I come back ... Yes I am stupid enough... even though I know I will be getting ripped off and won't have a relaxing stay. I do it for my kids.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I thought Disney World was one of those experiences you should give your kids at least once. Dead wrong. $2000 and a week for spring break and I am done after 8 hours with no recourse for refund. The number of attractions relative to number of patrons is completely off balance relative to standard amusement parks. The fast pass option is only good if you plan well in advance, nothing worthwhile available on the day of. If this didn’t have the Disney brand and associated buzz, it would have died off long ago. Complete waste of money, never again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Very disappointed in our visit to Animal Kingdom. The wait times for every ride was 90 minutes plus and with 2 little kids that doesn’t work. Waiting 90 minutes for a 2 minute ride is absolutely ridiculous. We paid so much money and after waiting for 1 ride had to leave with our kids for a couple hours. We made the trip back for our fast passes which we still ended up waiting in a 20 minute line for those. That’s not fast!!! We were barely able to get any rides in because way too many people are let in at a time. There should be a limit to how many people can come in per day and maybe this issue would be resolved. We will never waste our time and money again on this park. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Myself, my Husband and 2 grandchildren recently visited Animal Kingdom on March 29, 2018. We stayed at the Pop Century Hotel which was a benefit to us to be close with children even though they had renovations going on that were annoying. We had 2 rooms. We purchased our tickets 3/28/18 at check in and that evening tried to do fastpass. Most everything was sold out already. We went to the Safari 1st. Waited in line for well over a hour and had a extended ride due to issues with animals blocking the way. That is fine except it made us lose our next fastpass selection.

We could not replace it and the 2nd and 3rd selections weren't until later in the evening. That left us walking around the park trying to find rides or shows we could see without standing in line for hours. We went on a whirl ride, saw A Bug's Life show and some stupid flying elephant ride. We left at 4.00 pm after a overpriced meal and no more rides. Bottom line very expensive and disappointing day. Won't be back to any Disney venues.

Original review: March 30, 2018

We ventured to Magic Kingdom as a family, 3/13/18. We’ve been coming since my daughter was 1 yrs old, at least once, sometimes multiple times per year. As a Florida resident, we’ve always enjoyed trips to the Disney parks and always chose them over Universal. We’ve stayed at a couple different resorts, with extended NY family, as they’ve travelled to Florida too. We’ve always had a great time at Disney! Even on the hottest and crowded days the park flowed. However, today was different. We were nearly trampled in Tomorrowland. It wasn’t just us, other families with young children were saying how this was their worst Disney experience yet. I am dissatisfied and would like a refund. We got in at 1 pm and left at 4 pm, because it was unsafe for my family. My son couldn’t even safely walk holding his father's hand, due to the crowds.

These parks should rely on a counter system that’s not entirely run on electronics. I don’t trust that the park was at a safe opening capacity. When safety is jeopardized to the point families have to leave... It’s not a “family experience”. Mr Disney would not have been proud at the way the park was ran today. The employees were also not their usual cheery selves either. MORE IMPORTANTLY: there’s a breach in security from the main gate near the Contemporary Resort with an unlocked gate. DISNEY NEEDS TO CHANGE THIS!

Original review: March 22, 2018

We had a school function that brought us to Disney. 40 people on our party. Upon entering Hollywood Studios a few of us were met with the dismay of our tickets not being matched to our armbands. So that took roughly 2 hours of our time there. So they finally fixed that, so upon entering Magic Kingdom the next morning, my son's armband in which he used the night before, said his ticket was invalid. We were brought out of line, while all the other kids got to get in park and ride the rides we were stuck at guest relations. Where I must say they could not have been more RUDE. SLOW, or Noncompassionate. They made my 10 year cry and that I can NOT ACCEPT.

3 hours to get this straightened out. One would hope that they would apologize and maybe give him something for the time they wasted because of THEIR mistake. No they gave him 2 fast pass to ride a space mountain. Come on Disney, Really. You charge a ridiculous amount to get in park to just stand in line all day to maybe ride 4 rides top, then the real kicker is your food prices. C'mon 12 dollars for a hotdog. We were there from Friday evening till Monday morning and for myself and my son we spent $400 on food. And to top it off we didn't even like the food. Best meals was at Rainforest Cafe fish and chips and a pizza 54 bucks that did include 1 root beer for my son. I had water. A place where dreams come true, not from where I was standing. Won't be back ever. Disney you should be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The Disneyworld website should include information on parking. The fact that it has been left out is misleading and dishonest, and makes me wonder how many other hidden fees there may be. I get the impression that Disneyworld is more concerned with making more money than providing entertainment at a reasonable and affordable price. Pathetic!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

After paying 174 dollars for a one day ticket, we were not able to get on many rides. It was the biggest rip off I have ever experienced. Disney no longer has any magic. They are just stealing people's money and not allowing them to get on rides they bought the ticket for. What a joke Disney has become. Avoid the place at all costs. Take your kids to the beach!

Original review: March 15, 2018

We have been coming to Disney World during Spring Break for years. We have always been satisfied with the FastPass system until this visit. I do not know what changed, but we used to be able to get Fast Passes on popular rides the day of or the day prior for reasonable times in the morning, which allowed us to get additional Fast Passes in the afternoon. This year, Fast Passes for all four days of our visit were scarce for popular rides until late in the evening, leaving us subject to the long standby lines. We could not take advantage of the 60 day in advance rule because we used Military Vouchers that we had to exchange at Customer Service when we arrived. I’m really disappointed with the FastPass experience this visit and I hope things change before our next or we may consider not coming.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Let me first of all, base my critic on purely numbers and engineering, I am an industrial engineer. 1. Tickets are too expensive for what you get. We paid about $160-$170 for a one day ticket at Animal Kingdom where we obviously waited in line much more than what we enjoyed a ride. We visited solely 6 rides due to the extensive waiting lines. In those rides we waited for a total of 410 minutes (6.83 hours), while in total we were at those rides for a total of 45 minutes (3/4 of an hour), where some rides had more time simply because they were walkthroughs or shows. The rest of our time was spent either walking, enjoying the parades, resting, or eating.

For a price of $160, and being in the park from 9am-9pm you would expect a hell lot more of rides. In 12 hours, we spent more than half of the day at waiting lines and less than one hour in rides, does this sound reasonable to any wallet? Mind you, besides the ticket you must pay $25 if you bring your car and about $11 if you choose to eat at the part. If we divide the $160 ticket price by 12 hours at a park we would be paying about $13.33 per ride meaning that it would have come to $80 for ONE day of visiting SIX rides. Disney is simply ripping off customers. Their queuing system is simply not efficient and it hasn't been updated since the invention of the fast pass.

2. Why lie about waiting times? We chose to wait in line for one ride which displayed a 50 minute waiting time, which turned out to be 1 hour and 40 minutes. This only makes people mad! Their algorithms, if they have, do not accurately measure waiting times and their use of red cards handed out to customers is not a great idea! I saw a customer hand out one of these to a staff member who simply gave it to another one who simply left it at his station. Besides this, some customers even forget about the card and don't even hand it. Furthermore, fast pass lanes do have an impact on total waiting times, something which they are either not accounting for or are doing it in a wrong way. At the roller coaster near splash mountain it turns out that the fast pass lane had more waiting time than the regular one!

I have been several times to Disney but this one was probably my last. In a world where there is each time more humans, Disney is simply failing to take this into account as well. In a world where prices are going up daily, Disney is charging each time more and more for services that at the end are simply not worth it. In a world where time is essential, Disney is simply leaving the time-concept out of the equation and instead fixating themselves on their money concept.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My family and I were at Magic Kingdom on Feb. 14th. We had a frightening and extremely uncomfortable situation while waiting in line on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that should not have happened. We became stuck in a room with 500 other people for an hour and a half. There was 1 way in and 1 way out. There were ropes to keep us in lines within this room. No bathroom facilities were available. People began yelling and clapping in an attempt to try to get someone's attention to the situation to no avail. It was close to a riot breaking out.

It would have been very difficult to leave the room due to the crowd of 500 tightly packed people. Even if we did manage to extricate the 6 of us, out of the room of 500 people, we would then had to of squeezed by another 1,000+ people that were outside of the room corralled in by full and half walls. These lines should be a single row and not a maze of where you are walled in. You should be able to easily step out of the line if you need to. I think these walls are there to hide the problem so no one sees the entire extent of suffering and danger involved when going on a ride at Magic Kingdom.

There were no Disney employees at the entrance or exit of in the room. No one was limiting the crowd size. No one was ensuring that if someone wanted or needed to leave, they could. I was afraid for my family's safety. This was a safety hazard. The number of exits for the size of the crowd did not ensure a safe situation. If someone had a passed out or had a heart attack they would have been unreachable without extreme difficulties. If there had been a fire or an explosion my family would not have been able to get out of the room safely. People would have been trampled.

There must be rules for the number of people that can be in a certain size room and the number of exits that would be required. These rules should be enforced at Magic Kingdom on the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train and any other rides that have inside overcrowding with too few exits and no bathrooms. Not only did my family suffer due to the lack of bathroom facilities, we were concerned for our physical safety due to being packed in like a herd of cows. When we got in line for the ride, we believed it would be a 60 minute wait. Announcements kept being made over a speaker system but we could not hear what was being said. Even if we could hear what was being said, there was nothing we could do as we were stuck and would have to break through lines of thousands of people to get out.

We traveled all the way from Pennsylvania and rented a house so our children could have a fun and educational experience visiting Magic Kingdom but all we learned was that Disney did not care about the people that attended the park once they were in there. I sent the above letter to Disney and to the Florida Attorney General. Disney basically says they can do whatever they want with the people that attend the park. They do not have to abide by laws and that the Fire Marshall has approved this ride.

Here are the laws they are violating: Per ** The 2017 Florida Statutes 509.221 Sanitary Regulations 2(b). Within a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in s. 509.013(9), the bathrooms are not required to be in the same building as the public food service establishment, so long as they are reasonably accessible.

Florida Building Code: Per ** "The occupant load permitted in any building, or portion thereof, is permitted to be increased from that number established for the occupancies in Table 1004.1.2, provided that all other requirements of the code are also met based on such modified number and the occupant load does not exceed one occupant per 7 square feet (0.65 m2) of occupiable floor space. Where required by the building official, an approved aisle, seating or fixed equipment diagram substantiating any increase in occupant load shall be submitted. Where required by the building official, such diagram shall be posted." I have contacted the Attorney General of Florida again, the fire marshall and the BBB. This situation needs to be corrected. People attending the park are people and not animals.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am a lifelong Disney customer. I visited Epcot for the flower festival with my family. I must say I have never felt so totally ripped off. Ticket prices plus charged for parking. Food prices were twice what they should have been. The tram to parking only makes 2 stops, leaving you far from your vehicle. Very crowded. Terrible experience will never go again.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Really enjoyed our resort visit but not our Parks visits. We have had at least 10 visits in the past and there were marked differences in the Parks this visit. One was transportation was much slower much longer waits for buses. Two was crowds were intolerable. Three the crowds had many nonspeaking English visitors that were very rude cutting lines, knocking into others in large groups acting like they were the only ones there?! Four the supposed good changes required to have prior fast passes and dining reservations have turned into a rat race. Not a convenience to us any longer. Can’t get into a lot anymore. Too many people. Can’t enjoy meals yet prices continue to elevate. Just not a Happiest Place on Earth place anymore. On a positive note the resort areas remain beautiful and enjoyable to stay at! But parks are not the same anymore.

Original review: March 4, 2018

The first visit to Disney was great. We did the Magic After Hours. They only sell a limited amount of tickets. The hours are I believe 9 pm til 12 am. It was great basically no lines calmer. We loved it! Fast forward to today Saturday packed! Found out not just tourist but Saturday’s popular with locals. Small World we were told about 40 minutes. Ended up being double the time. We only did one ride. My son had a meltdown. We loved the parade. But these two days didn’t see any characters walking around park. Skip Disney disappointing and expensive. I would only go again for the Affer Hours they do occasionally.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Walt Disney World Resort Company Information

Walt Disney
www.disneystore.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business