2.43/5

Orlando, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

387 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Management at Disney Hotel were dishonest, promised a refund for the day I spent in the bathroom with food poisoning - then billed me anyway - we stayed at Caribbean Beach on 1/11, 1/12 for Marathon, I ate prepackaged eggwhite sandwich and became violently ill 10 hrs later, unable to leave room all next day. I was defrauded by managements placating my complaint with false promise to refund one night's cost for my lost day and deep disappointment at a missing marathon - got home-card was later charged. They lied. Getting sick can happen - being straight-faced lied to is unethical business practice. Used to love Disney trips - never again!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I haven't been to a Magic Kingdom in over 20 years and I have to say that absolutely nothing has changed in all those years except for the price which has gone way, way up. I was sitting on the boat on the It's A Small World ride when I realized that the whole show is nothing but plywood, paint, and glitter with some dolls. Something I could create in my own backyard if I choose to do so. The Enchanted Tiki Room was not so Enchanting. It was old and dusty and not entertaining but annoying. But the worst 10 minutes I ever spent in a theme park where on the Carousel of Progress ride. This ride looks like it was created in the '50s and the clincher is that it is promoting progress!

Really Disney, really? It's hokey and way out of date and a waste of time. I went on January 4, 2019 and I realize that it was a very busy day for Disney, however they needed more staff because it was filthy. The garbage cans were spilling over and the bathrooms smelt horrible and half the stalls couldn't be used because they were so filthy. Disney you need to update your parks or lose your audience. I won't go back to a Disney park after this, because I can go to Universal. They are looking and building for the future. Disney you need to ride the Carousel of Progress and listen to the message and do something about it.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

12th trip and last. 2-3 hour wait for rides. Many rides closed. Ridiculously overcrowded to the point of being unsafe. Trapped at hotel. 3$ banana, 5$ water. 10$ plastic cup of beer. DEHUMANIZING EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We were there the week of Jan 2-6 2019. Crowd control was the worst, I felt like part of a cattle herd. Transportation to resorts and parks I also felt like cattle being stuffed in a bus, to the point where people are standing over you with their armpits literally in your face! One bus comes every 20-25 mins, which is hard when you have tired children. The lines for the rides were three to four hours. Another hard battle with small children! Then the best is when you're waiting two hours and they tell you, "Sorry. Ride is having technical problems. We have to shut it down!" Worst experience I ever had.

Walking around I didn't even feel like I was at Disney - felt more like a Six Flags or Busch Gardens. Women's bathrooms were disgusting! Stall garbage cans overflowing, toilet paper all over floors, nasty bathrooms! Food was disappointing! Disney definitely isn't the same anymore! The only good thing I can say was I was glad to be staying at the Swan Hotel to get away from the Disney madness! Worst trip ever to Disney Jan 2019!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have been to Disney World 5 times and the 5th time was just terrible. I decided months in advance to go to Disney World a couple of weeks before Christmas to see the decorations with a couple of family members. I found that the Disney employees were very rude and the lines for the rides were way too long (2 hours for most rides if you didn't have a fast pass and you were limited to only 3 fast passes a day). They really need to do something about the parks being so overcrowded. On a few of the rides the employees were not giving people enough time to either get on the rides or get off the rides and they were yelling at people to hurry up. I do not find this to be very "Magical".

It wasn't just in the parks that the employees were rude. Some of the hotel employees and bus drivers were also rude. It will be a very long time before I go back to Disney World. I spent enough money to stay in Disney World and think I should be able to ride more than 3 or 4 rides a day while staying there after being in the parks for more than 8 hours. There are plenty of other places to visit where you get treated a lot better. I thought Disney World was supposed to be the "Best place on Earth" and was supposed to be "Magical". I found it to be neither one of these things. My next trip will be somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My family (8 adults) decided to go back to WDW for New Year's 2019. That was a big mistake. My kids and husband have been there several times and the last time was 2012. We decided it would be fun to go as a group of adults and a couple of the spouses had never been. We traveled from North of Toronto. We started our glorious day in the parks on Dec. 29, 2018. What a zoo. There is no “ magic” anymore at Disney. It was a “Nightmare at Disney World”. There was soooo many people. It took on average 3-4 hours to get on a ride. We were spending 12 hours on average at the park and getting 3-4 rides in. Tops. Now we are adults so we were just angry that we got duped out of our $. I felt sorry for all the parents we witnessed arguing with their little kids that if they just stood in line for another 2 hours they would have so much fun! Everyone was having such a ** time.

On Dec. 31 we decided to grave the crowds and head to Magic Kingdom even though we knew it would be “busy”. Why you ask? Cause we had purchased 4 day tickets for 8 people at almost $4000 Canadian just to get into the parks so we had no choice but to try and make the most of it. What a disaster. There were sooo many people in the park that they “closed” it to new guests by noon due to capacity. We “googled” that to see what capacity is at Magic Kingdom. Can’t get any clear answers but it might be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100, 000 people!!! Very, very unsafe and made for the worst “theme park” experience ever.

The “fast passes” are a joke. You stand in line for 2-3 hours and watch as “fast pass” people walk up to the line and get on the ride. You can imagine the mood of the crowd. Somehow when you read WDW blurb about “fast passes” they don’t anticipate that those in the “stand-by” lines have to wait any longer. I counted the ratio of fast pass to stand-by people getting on rides- for one ride it was 200 fast pass to 10 standby. I know this as I had time to stand by and count and wait my turn.

In addition - charging us each $25 a day to park at each park daily in addition to the ridiculous cost of food... two hot dogs, 2 little bags of chips and 2 bottles of water for a mere $40 Canadian. I could go on and on but I have said enough. NEVER, EVER again. It is just about the $ and not about “happiness”. My kids will never go again they said. Not even when they have kids. There is absolutely no value for the $ you spend. It is truly a license to take people’s $.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Where to start?! Check-in: Caribbean resort... Staff was neither friendly or helpful. Would not accommodate us by allowing a cot in our handicapped room citing safety concerns that there was no room (there was plenty!). There should be more concern about safety in the parks which are so overcrowded that if there were ever an emergency the outcome would be disastrous. The lines: wait times for rides so long that I felt sorry for the parents who had spent money to bring their young children to Disney. Please bring your children somewhere they can enjoy themselves. Disney has lost their moral compass. Convinced that poor Walt is spinning in his grave at what money - hungry executives at DW have done to his once magical legacy.

Instead of building more attractions they so desperately need to accommodate the massive crowds, they are spending to construct two massive 1000 room hotels which will soon be completed. 2000 more disappointed families to cram into the already overcrowded parks... Staff in the parks: rude. At Splash Mountain one of the staff actually shouted at riders to "Hurry up and get off!" Magical. Bus waits: long like everything else. When I was there 10 years ago bus waits were about 15 minutes. Now they are 30-45 minutes. Forget park hoppers. There will be no hopping. Answer to this... Constructing a skyline to transport people to the park.

Looks like the ride will be 1/4 mile from some resorts. No thanks. I could continue but you get the point. Run away, don't walk, away from the least magical place on earth. At least until the incompetents running it fix some of the many many problems. I go on but you get the message. Do not waste your money at Disney unless you enjoy incredibly long waits, massive crowds.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Booked our package months in advance to spend vacation with family. Was promised a room next door to our family. Our room wasn't even in the same building!

Requested a room with 1 bed but got a room with 2 double beds. We had to sleep in separate beds for the first time in over 20 yrs. After complaining was told we could change rooms in the middle of the next day. Why would we take time away from being in the park to pack and change rooms? When we declined they asked our family to change rooms! If they had agreed it would have screwed the next family coming in!

Since they have all your money before you check in there is no reason to provide any customer service. It's all about the money. Parks were so overcrowded. We could only ride the 3 we had fast pass for. Who wants to wait 2-3 hrs. for a ride. Be prepared to walk 5 and up to 15 miles per day. And watch out for all the scooters carrying people who look no more disabled that I do and I walked! Food plan was great because the cost of food is really high. It is definitely worth it. Make sure to make dining reservations.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The park was way too overcrowded as there was a little boy choking and there was no room for someone to go get help. This is a safety hazard to all of the guests. The prices within the park and resort were way too high. We had already paid more than plenty to stay at the resort and for tickets, so the food should be cheaper and the parking and the housekeeping at the resort should be included. Also, no one should have to wait 5 hours in line to ride a 1-2 minute ride. “Happiest Place on Earth” my **.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The parks were 3 times its capacity as per an employee said, some rides did not work properly. Way too many people. Very overpriced just because it's Christmas time. Walt Disney's vision was not to make money but for family fun. It's not at all my experience. Waited 3 hours for one ride!!! No place to sit and God forbid you sit on their props you have an employee screaming at you to get off!!! Very rude staff as well. Don't waste your money! Go somewhere else instead!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We recently went to Disney world for a three-day visit. We had a huge imagination of magic to experience in Disney world, unfortunately, dealt with the bad experience especially the wait time for the rides, crowd management and food quality. Even simple ride for small kids takes ever get in and finally ended up with exhaustion and debating whether we need to go to another park the next day. I felt my money not spent well!!! Keeping aside bad experience but I would definitely rate animal kingdom park as a best one in the whole world and one should go for it with some patience.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I’ve been to Disney twice, the first time in 2008 and as recently as 12/28/2018. The waiting is out of this world, way too many people. The only 2 rides that my 9 year old was interested the most we didn’t even wait, with a more than 2 hours waiting time to get on. We traveled all the way from Connecticut for a really bad experience. I will never recommend this park to anyone. Overall Disney is overrated.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Like many other reviewers on this site I have been a long time Disney fan but have become disillusioned by the very poor quality of the parks. Walt Disney World is no longer a nice place to go for a family vacation. Having returned from our recent trip in October 2018 we have made up our minds that we will not be returning to Disney as there is no longer any magic left for us in the parks. The overcrowding is completely out of hand. It is not an enjoyable experience battling through crowds of cell phone zombies, dirty streets and washrooms and people openly smoking and spitting their chaw around the parks. The wait times for rides is completely unreasonable for people with children due to the high numbers of guests in the parks. Even with your limited number of fast passes (3) you simply can not get to the attractions that you would like.

On Halloween night you are required to pay extra to remain in the park and Trick-or Treat with your children. A very expensive night for those who go by the rules. Yet, many people going through the candy lines did not have the requisite bracelet on or have the Trick-or Treat bag provided by Disney. Many simply used a Disney shopping bag and the staff never questioned it. So we paid about $100 US ahead to stay in the park, on top of admission. As we are from Canada that cost does not include the exchange on Canadian to US money. So, Walt Disney Co, we will not be returning and I will be voting my Disney stock shares against the board this year.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I live in Florida. My family flew down from New York and spent 4 nights at your resort. I am embarrassed the experience they had at Disney that used to be a wonderful magical place. The parks were dirty trash on the ground. Garbage cans running over, the bathrooms were filthy and employees so rude you wanted tell them off. The resort has changed however but not for the good. If Walt was still alive this resort would be a great place to come and enjoy your vacation. The cost alone for admission no family can afford much less pay for the foods and drinks much less souvenirs. With the family saving up for this trip and can’t wait to experience the magic and disappointment what they have seen and will leave a lasting mark.

I hope Disney will get this beautiful resorts back like it use too be because you’re losing so many customers that will not return due to neglect. My family will not return nor will their friends as the word has gotten out on how bad Disney has become. I as a Florida resident will not return either. I can only hope with all the reviews Disney will do the correct things and get these parks back like they should be.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Upon arriving early at WDW FW around 11 pm on DEC. 2nd 2018 My 4 YR old Granddaughter who was travelling with my Wife and I was very cranky after sharing the back seat with the family dog for 2 days. We were hungry, tired and just wanted to get some sleep while waiting for our reservation in the morning. The very unfriendly young woman whom I have her name but will not post here stated I would have to go sleep in a Walmart parking lot until my site was ready or pay the 130 dollars to go into a last-minute site, I of course had to pay this money for safety reasons for my 4-year-old granddaughter. I did see a number of RV's remaining in the overflow parking for several days while we stayed there and documented this to show the unfair treatment of our family. That was just the start of this horrible already paid for ahead of time vacation.

Second item: We were told by the Best Friends Dog/Cat Hotel over the phone before we even decided to take our Dog with us who is only 10 months old that with the right shots he can be bordered while we were at the parks. When I arrived there to drop off our dog the older woman there with short hair and an accent looked at my paperwork and stated it was printed off the internet! That I would have to get the Vet to send new documentation to her. I called my Vet and got them on the phone with her at which point she made a nasty facial expression towards the phone and then had a short conversation with my Vet where she then came up with yet another excuse to not take my pet. This time it was that he made an aggressive move towards a staff member which in reality my dog was responding to another dog who came up behind him and startled him while the whole time just wagging his tail to make friends.

I was VERY clear when I discussed this over the phone with them to make sure I wasn't bringing my pet over a thousand miles to sit in a resort and play puppy sitter. Not to mention the expense involved in getting my pet ready for this trip, the last offer from this unfriendly woman was to get a suite for close to 90 a day and that I would still have to come back to walk him every 6 hours. I kept my pet in my RV where of course he destroyed some items in boredom while we had to catch a boat/bus or walk to every place and then return every 4 hours to make sure he was walked/fed and had water.

Buckle in cause this gets better. Third item: Fast passes, For months and I mean months I had been trying to book our fast passes on the website/APP and was always greeted with, "Oops. We seem to have misplaced the page" or "We're fixing it. Come back later." I called their tech support a number of times and after spending over 25 minutes on hold listening to Disney characters tell stories and other offers in my ear was then disconnected, so they were having or may still have issues with their phones. To sum up I nor anyone in our travel party which included my Daughter who along with my Wife and I was treating our 4-year-old Granddaughter to her Birthday present of going to Disney! We never got one fast pass until we got to the resort and they were for the rides like pirates and etc and none at all for any good rides.

I was lucky to speak to 2 DVC members and one of them showed me how they could just go to their app and get a fast pass for anything because they were DVC. Unreal! Now I and my wife had MYW tickets with hopper and more and my Daughter had purchased the base tickets for her and my Grandaughter and because of school she had to be back by the following Monday. Because of the cold weather and of course the previous issues she still had 2 tickets left the day before she had to take my GD back and when we tried to spend that day with her and our GD to use their last ticket we were stopped and told, "You can't park hop on base tickets."

Here's where it gets sticky folks, They had to count them "2" tickets and after using the second to last at Magic Kingdom we went to Animal Kingdom and they refused the last ticket saying she couldn't use it until the next day. We all called customer service to explain there was one ticket left and they kept calling it park hopping when they were using 1 ticket per park. My GD never got to go to the Animal Kingdom that day. Had I had the extra money from the first night I would have bought her a ticket to make sure she didn't cry because we promised her the last trip to that park before she had to go back home. Thanks Disney!

Another issue, We needed propane, The last time I was there I called them and they came to my RV and took the propane canister, filled it and returned it for me without issue, This time I was told to take it to the bike barn where I stood in a line waiting for other people to rent bikes. All well and good we all have to wait for our turn, but the person behind the table watched me holding that canister and a child almost running into it because they were just being a kid and didn't say anything to me until I got to him where he said "We don't fill it here. You have to go there" pointing to the meadow store. Any reason this guy could not stop what he was doing to just say, "Those get filled over there sir" I would have been appreciative of not having to wait to get up to the table.

Well, once at the Meadow Store, I gave the canister to a woman and she said, "Come back after 2 pm when the girl who is certified to fill the tank will be in." I came back at 2:30 pm and then was told the girl didn't come in until after 4:30 pm. I left my cell number so I wouldn't have to walk over there yet again. I heard nothing by 4:45 so I went over there and was told first they couldn't find the bottle then after 10 minutes of looking said they have it but are waiting for someone to come over to fill it. I waited about 15-20 minutes and they then said no one will be in until the next day and they would fill it for free.

Free was not what I wanted because I asked earlier if it was going to take long I would go to Walmart or Camping world and get it done so we could have our stove to cook and heat for the cold night ahead. I would have not had any issue with this as I get they get busy but to keep me waiting and then to bring over a forklift propane tank for me to use was really crazy. I of course would not even attempt to connect that to my RV. I do appreciate the try and some people there were very good to us but the others ruined our vacation.

Case in point here is that if you look at the videos of some of the Youtube so-called "celebs" that frequent Disney World you will see that these people, and I can name them for you get free passes, resort stays, events and other things which hey, it's their business but to treat a family this way and crush the dreams of a 4 year old who loves Disney and cause such mayhem without even a word of how can we fix this or to even meet us half way would have showed something but nothing.

My Family has been at this and other resorts at Disney 8 times over the past 10 years and spent quite a bit of money there. I will say they should not look for us again. I appreciate the wasting of the two weeks I had to lose for vacation time at work and the money that I could have taken my GD to Great Wolf Lodge or Universal or anywhere where we would have at least had a shot at some vacation. I completely understand that things happen and no vacation is ever perfect but Disney Staff in our opinion went out of their way to show they didn't have any concern for us as paying customers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I took my family to Orlando for the Walt Disney World Park. We have another trip already booked for October 2019. I must say it was very disappointing this last trip. I have been a few times now to Walt Disney World and always around Christmas for the decorations and all. This time everything seemed like they have not invested as much money for the entertainment. I believe we spent individually 100 dollars of food/stores in every park. And as I am not complaining about the risen prices which is to be expected. I am complaining about how much they have removed to save money. Hollywood studios used to have the dancing lights for Christmas. It was so amazing how the whole street was lit up in lights that would go along with the music. And now it has been removed and they have replaced it with two lasers in front of Tower of Terror. Seems Disney is getting greedy?

Also, not one character dressed in Christmas outfits like before. Before there used to be so many characters walking around and that seems to have been downgraded as well. Now Epcot, there was one character in the WHOLE park. And not only that but Epcot entrance and exit by the waterfall used to be a passage of lights for exiting and entering. And now there is nothing. Very disappointed. I do not mind paying as it comes out to be expensive. But if I'm paying more then don't take away entertainment. This time not exaggerating. Disney World was not close to how great it was a few years back. There has been a lot of things removed. Someone who goes often would agree. For people that have gone once wouldn't know.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

First I recommend no one get the after party ticket, you are paying for a fireworks show only. A great show but not worth the $$. There are way too many people still in the park and lines are still long. Second - it takes a long time to get from park to park - the park hopper is really not worth it. We needed to get to and from Disney Springs often and there just aren't enough buses for that and they come about once an hour despite what you're told. One bus and 200 people waiting. When you do catch a bus from Disney Springs it goes to resorts where you then have to get off and wait for a park bus. Third - there are thousands of obese people in scooters, only a handful of truly disabled people and it makes me angry they have to wait for the fat people who have no shame about it whatsoever. Disney should not accommodate lazy people like this.

Fourth - the food is pretty bad for the $$. Coral Reef is expensive and awful. The fish was terrible, no one could eat it after the first bite - $29 for that and the vegan dish, cauliflower - 2 pieces of that and the rest tasted like 3 day old pizza toppings. $22 for that. It was gross. And the beef teriyaki bowl in Animal Kingdom was really terrible. 2 small pieces of beef and soggy onions swimming in sauce, bleak - that was $12. Bring your own food or eat off site. I had remember when Disney food was good, not so anymore. We had better food and cheaper at Universal.

The most important thing to know is you will wait - that is what you are paying for - standing in line for hours. We booked our trip according to the crowd calendar and it was still wall to wall people. Despite the crowd calendar look at Orlando's calendar of events. That is critical. We happened upon thousands of cheerleading and football teams in the area for events and they all were at the parks. I would recommend Disney World if you have money to waste, feet of steel and have no desire to ride anything.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We went to Animal kingdom on 11/28. We stood in line at the Avatar. The wait time showed 70 mins wait. The person who "allowed" people into the ride section, would only let-in the Fastpass people. Some 40:5 ratio. On the other side were 100s of people waiting for more than an hour, carrying little children and still, there is no greeting or any sort of respect. How many? He asks with a stern look & points to another line. He lets in 2 families and then back to fast pass. If there was nobody, he waits for someone to show up! While 100s are waiting in line on the regular line! Ha! Way to treat people! Shame on you! We left the park after this. We don't need to go all the way to Disney, get pricey tickets, stand in line for hour & a half & be treated this way. I want my money back.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

This was my 3rd trip to Disney World and it was terrible. Using Fastpasses and booking months in advance and using their app to gauge line ups didn't help at all. Several of the rides broke down and there were long line ups everywhere including for food and restrooms. Also, we waited 1 hour to have our tickets activated and then we were told it was not activated correctly so they made us wait another 1 hour at guest relations. They need more spots for sitting down and need more restrooms. The lineups at the restrooms are almost as long as the lineups at the rides. We also were not able to get on several rides due to 2 hour plus waits or because the rides broke down. Disney staff also do not apologize for anything. They blame everything on the volume of people. Disney really needs to either limit access to the parks or re-organize the whole system for rides.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We were here in March 2018 and after complaining to Disney about our un-magical experience they gave us a do-over. We were there 11/18/2018 until 11/21/2018 the 3rd night we paid for ourselves. We stayed at the Art of Animation in a family suite which was very nice and clean. The staff was great. But the reason we stayed was to go to the parks. Unfortunately we had will call tickets which means we could not set up fast passes until we picked up the tickets as we entered the park. No fast passes available on most rides let alone the "good" rides. The Hollywood Studios was pretty much the same. Long, long lines like 3 hours for Toy-story slinky dog coaster. Bottom line is if you don't plan way in advance forget it. Rules out people like me. I will not be returning.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

First off I have waited 40 yrs to come to Disney. The first day at the park we had fast passes and showed up early. Had reservations to eat. They were filming GMA and wouldn't let anyone in until after. So much for the reservation and being early. Next we went to some rides. I'm a powerlifter. I have big legs as well as the rest of me. I'm not fat just big. Couldn't ride 99 percent of the rides with my son. They are geared to people built like a 16 yr old girl. The crowds were expected the food for the most part was good but way overpriced. And after crossing the park five times I seen many people sitting on anything they could. Disney needs to install more benches for people. All and all I had hoped for a better experience especially for my son but I could have taken him to Hawaii and had more fun for less money spent.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Our fifth trip to Disney over the past 15 years and was our worst experience ever. Every ride had over an hour wait, no fast pass available unless you spent all day refreshing the app, and due to the new fast pass allocations made the standby queues even longer. Will never go back to Disney again. Tickets overpriced and then $25 to park a car. Very disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have not been to Disney in 20 years (which was magical back in the days). My granddaughter just moved to Florida and on her 16th birthday I wanted to surprise her with a trip of a lifetime. We arrived at the Polynesia Resort and spent the first night relaxing and experiencing the Aloha show (which was wonderful), food not so great though. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom the next day and I have to say there was nothing magical about it anymore. The crowds, the stifling heat, rides being repaired, lines were an hour wait. We had three FastPasses per park and still had about a twenty minute wait per ride, some even longer.

We were there three days and my Disney Experience plan was over 5000.00 not including 399.00 I paid for Hollween passes that I could not use because my granddaughter wasn't feeling well. I ask for a refund, but they refused to reimburse me. I feel like I literally threw my money down the drain. My granddaughter thought it was so overrated. I try to make the best of all situations and hate to complain, but couldn't resist warming those that have never been. I feel sorry for those that have saved up for so long to be miserable.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My boyfriend and I have annual passes. In the last 2 days we went to three different parks used our FastPasses or tried when we got to the parks it said that we were not linked up And that we had no tickets purchased. Mind you we have AP, when we got to the rides it then said that we didn't sign up for FastPass but when I show my phone app that we did it confirmed it but not at the entry. This happened 5 out of 6 times in 2 days, so Disney with all the money you make work on your website/app to make everyone's vacation easier. We all spend a lot of money to come here. At least save us some time when it comes to getting on rides, I've heard this from several other people. FastPass does not work to our advantage always and with all the people that travel from all over the world. At least give us a feature to save time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

No military, senior citizen or handicap discount on one day tickets. All the rides had 60+ minute waits. It's just dropping money in a dark hole. Kids frustrated waiting all day. Just a horrific costly experience.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Every single thing reviewers are complaining about (price of food, price of tickets, price of hotel rooms, crowds, and long lines) are all easily researched to make an informed decision about whether visiting Disney is for you. We’re now on our 6th trip since February ‘17 and have had none of these issues. We monitor hotel prices religiously, know how much food costs thanks to Google, and reserve Fastpasses and gauge lines efficiently by using My Disney Experience. It seems there are a plethora of folks here that never did their homework expecting magic when they arrive unprepared. They are likely the same people that will never be pleased wherever they go.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Walt Disney World is the safest way to spend your vacation budget. Whether you want fun rides, delicious food, or glorious shopping, you'll find it on the Disney campus. I suggest that you use a specialized travel agency like Mickey Travels to plan your trip. Their service is free to you, as Disney pays them commission. So, you get expert advice and resort planning for free.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Disney requires a great deal of walking. A lot of time can be wasted waiting in line so FastPasses should be used when possible. Staying on Disney property is convenient.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Surprised at how much Disney doesn't care. Use to be much better. All they care about is money. I know it's a business but the heart seems to have gone out of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We were there in the summer June, and it was raining. There was nowhere to take shelter from the heat or the rain. I was very disappointed in the uncomfortable feeling we experienced when we arrived and our Costco reservations could not be found. It was up to us to find the details on the limited wifi.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs