1.69/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

306 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been reading some reviews from the week we were also in Disney this past Spring Break (April 2018). Let me start off with I love the place! I get all kinds of gitty and excited every time I plan a trip there. I still had a great time but there are two things I want to address here: 1. All of you who complain about the long wait times, and the overcapacity at the park, I am not sure why you went on Spring Break? Furthermore, if Disney implemented a way to stop people from coming in when the parks were full and you were left outside the gates, I am sure you would be way more upset than waiting on lines.

We expected the long wait times and accounted for that by planning our Fast Passes way in advance and planning our days so that we were not there all day. Still it was a lot of people and I have to admit very seldom did I see anyone with that Disney Magic smile on their face. My suggestion for all those who chose to come during this time and who were completely disappointed with the amount of people there, take your kids out of school and go when the world is not on Spring Break.

Now, my personal complaint. The computer system/magic band/check-in system/my Disney experience was a horror story for our family. We have 3 members by the same name (3rd, 4th and 5th generations) and Disney with all of their resources and all of the money they can spend on perfecting the system messed us up royally! We had one member who had 13 park tickets (for a 7-day stay) and one member who had 0! We had one member who lost every single fast pass (which as I mentioned above is extremely important when there are Spring Break crowds) and they were not able to reinstate them! 6 of us lost (somehow?!) our reservation for the Magical Express for our departure. Some of us would go to use our magic band to pay for our meals (on Disney dining) and the computers would tell us we have no snacks left (we had about 45 snacks left between 12 people at the end!).

We spent over 4/5 hours in total at the front desk trying to fix various things! It was just a less than satisfactory experience. Disney really needs to fix this. I believe it is because too many people have the same access to the systems to do the same things. So much gets messed up. You have one person who has no idea what they are doing and you lose everything! Please fix this!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Just returned from Disney World. It was anything but a magical experience. Long lines despite FastPass for short rides made the experience a terrible one. My five year granddaughter opted to stay at the pool rather than face the lines and crowds. We were happy to forfeit our $500 tickets! Will never go back.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I’m not sure as to how many people you allow in an amusement park in a day. We (my husband and children) travel to Disney World almost every year for a family vacation and this was by far the worst. It was TERRIBLY crowded with wait times that people on vacation should not have to experience for the price that is paid for a vacation! The FastPass lines were totally backed up, the worst we’ve ever seen. People in the park were aggravated and aggressive which is sadly understandable. I’m so disappointed with the service we received this time around. From the reviews that I have read on this page it seems that many others were dissatisfied as well. It’s sad to know that you guys really pack out the parks that way making a dream vacation totally unenjoyable.

We do not plan to return to Disney for a long time after this experience. Not to mention getting totally ripped off with the meal plan package. You guys really need to have a business meeting and realize that you are not going bankrupt by any means and should accommodate your customers a lot better. The amount of people daily crammed into that park is outrageous! Could you imagine if there was some kind of natural disaster, how do you plan on evacuating people safely? My husband and I are both Fire fighters and work in the medical field, so that was just a thought when seeing the massive crowds. Very disappointed with this visit.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We waited a while to take our daughters to Disney because we knew it was expensive and we wanted them to be able to enjoy the parks and also have fond memories. On April 2, 2018, we ventured to Magic Kingdom and immediately knew it was a huge mistake. Herded like cattle onto a ferry with thousands of other suckers we finally arrived at Magic Kingdom an hour after our Uber dropped us off at the entrance. The only fast passes we could get were at 3 PM, 4 PM and 8:30 PM. The lines for everything were already at least 45 minutes long. We stood in the Under the Sea line for 1.5 hrs. The wait time for Space Mountain and the Seven Dwarfs mine train was never below a 2 hr wait time and it usually hovered around 3 hrs. For a 12 hour day, we rode a total of 6 rides. The cost of this was over $500.

What truly baffles me is why Disney doesn't have a max capacity on ticket sales. When we were leaving, there were so many people leaving that the flow of people literally stopped because there was a bottleneck. I'm not sure how they can get away with letting in thousands upon thousands of people. There has to be a safety risk. I've been told to go in the off-season like November and February but of course we don't have school vacations then.

Original review: April 6, 2018

The fast pass has totally screwed the system up for families trying to get on a major ride. We waited over 2 hours min. to ride a ride. It will be a long time for me to come back if I ever do. Very disappointed. Just waiting on the day where you need a fast pass to use the restroom.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been visiting Disneyland since a toddler, every year almost until now at 44 years of age. Wow Disney has changed... it used to be a happy place but it's become a very profit driven, cow-herding business where the crowds and waiting times have never been like this before... whether it's increased wealth, cheaper travel, Disney Parks seem to be packed to the max to the point you can't even see the pavement ahead you're walking on in most parks. Gone are the days when you could park your car at Disneyland LA and walk to the entrance... now we have to park, get herded like cattle in trams and buses to the park, plus 2-3 stages of security... which all takes about 30-45 mins off your day just to get to the entrance. Fast passes are booked out on most days for the big rides! First time staying in a Disney Hotel and visiting DisneyWorld.

Art of Animation - is like one massive airplane hangar that been decked out and cladded with large Disney animation frame - wowoweewa... good for the kids but it's just a cheap build building - has no atmosphere. Check in was a 20 min line... the food hall or mess room like in a military base was gross! Cheap and unhealthy food which has been mass made, served like in a mess hall. It's just a bad version of a fast food hall - no other choices at this so called hotel. The pools were nicely decorated for kids but they don't know any better. This hotel is over priced for what it is.. tiny bathroom, tiny bathtub, with outdated shower curtains and carpet. Disney please rate your hotels truthfully on your website, I would give this a 2 star rating.

Next morning was made to wait 30 mins at 630am for the bus to Magic Kingdom for the Magic hours - it was a freezing morning... grumpy parents with screaming impatient kids... but Disney can't afford to place a heater in the bus shelters!! It was really cold, people were shivering and this was mid-March! Checked out of Art of Animation and went across to Polynesian, a world apart but paying more than double for a room - none of the hotels are value for money. For the amount I was paying at the Polynesian I could have stayed at a real 5 star hotel like the Waldorf or Ritz Carlton. Anyway, this was a Disney holiday and the Disney execs know we are all stupid enough to pay for a Disney holiday probably for the sake of our kids and that we are entitled to Magic hours!

BTW, not sure how this resort was constructed by I could hear the footsteps in the room above, the morning pees, from next door. I heard entire phone conversations, toilet flushes, farts, early morning or late night! The walls in this place were like cardboard! They skipped and tried to save on sound proofing these rooms! Spent more on the animatronics in the Naavi river journey for sure.

Food downstairs near the garden was better than Art of Animation but still cheap and unhealthy - fake powered eggs, fried breakfast bits, oily stuff... maple coated bacon, sugar, sugar... nothing healthy. Exiting the rooms at 630 was like a battle prep - guests are in a rush, everyone is rushing to the theme parks like it's the end of the world... well I found out why.

Magic hours Animal Kingdom - arrived at the park at 6:45 am - it was already open and shocked to see the crowds there already... guests over dosed on coffee... thousands of people, rushing to Avatar, pushing, shoving like their life depended on it. It was still dark, cold and cast members herded the crowds into lines that went on for a mile all over the place... like cattle... anyway, so much for magic hours... and getting there at 6:45am, it still took 45 mins to get into the ride.

Anyway, other issues - room service one night...was on hold about 10 mins to put my order in... Fast passes are BS... sometimes they are ok but most of the times, the waits are long or the same as normal line - I think they use it more of a crowd diversion tool than anything else. Same as all the different stages in lines, with the bs videos and useless displays that some people wave their hand infront of to get a kick... it's all just crap to keep us amused and wait longer.

With all this being said, there is nowhere else on this planet where you can find such a theme park or the quality and amazing design of rides.. for FFS they spent $500 million on world of Pandora (if it;s true), it is amazing, all the details throughout the park including Epcot, Magic Kingdom! There is really no competition - and would I come back ... Yes I am stupid enough... even though I know I will be getting ripped off and won't have a relaxing stay. I do it for my kids.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I thought Disney World was one of those experiences you should give your kids at least once. Dead wrong. $2000 and a week for spring break and I am done after 8 hours with no recourse for refund. The number of attractions relative to number of patrons is completely off balance relative to standard amusement parks. The fast pass option is only good if you plan well in advance, nothing worthwhile available on the day of. If this didn’t have the Disney brand and associated buzz, it would have died off long ago. Complete waste of money, never again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Very disappointed in our visit to Animal Kingdom. The wait times for every ride was 90 minutes plus and with 2 little kids that doesn’t work. Waiting 90 minutes for a 2 minute ride is absolutely ridiculous. We paid so much money and after waiting for 1 ride had to leave with our kids for a couple hours. We made the trip back for our fast passes which we still ended up waiting in a 20 minute line for those. That’s not fast!!! We were barely able to get any rides in because way too many people are let in at a time. There should be a limit to how many people can come in per day and maybe this issue would be resolved. We will never waste our time and money again on this park. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Myself, my Husband and 2 grandchildren recently visited Animal Kingdom on March 29, 2018. We stayed at the Pop Century Hotel which was a benefit to us to be close with children even though they had renovations going on that were annoying. We had 2 rooms. We purchased our tickets 3/28/18 at check in and that evening tried to do fastpass. Most everything was sold out already. We went to the Safari 1st. Waited in line for well over a hour and had a extended ride due to issues with animals blocking the way. That is fine except it made us lose our next fastpass selection.

We could not replace it and the 2nd and 3rd selections weren't until later in the evening. That left us walking around the park trying to find rides or shows we could see without standing in line for hours. We went on a whirl ride, saw A Bug's Life show and some stupid flying elephant ride. We left at 4.00 pm after a overpriced meal and no more rides. Bottom line very expensive and disappointing day. Won't be back to any Disney venues.

Original review: March 30, 2018

We ventured to Magic Kingdom as a family, 3/13/18. We’ve been coming since my daughter was 1 yrs old, at least once, sometimes multiple times per year. As a Florida resident, we’ve always enjoyed trips to the Disney parks and always chose them over Universal. We’ve stayed at a couple different resorts, with extended NY family, as they’ve travelled to Florida too. We’ve always had a great time at Disney! Even on the hottest and crowded days the park flowed. However, today was different. We were nearly trampled in Tomorrowland. It wasn’t just us, other families with young children were saying how this was their worst Disney experience yet. I am dissatisfied and would like a refund. We got in at 1 pm and left at 4 pm, because it was unsafe for my family. My son couldn’t even safely walk holding his father's hand, due to the crowds.

These parks should rely on a counter system that’s not entirely run on electronics. I don’t trust that the park was at a safe opening capacity. When safety is jeopardized to the point families have to leave... It’s not a “family experience”. Mr Disney would not have been proud at the way the park was ran today. The employees were also not their usual cheery selves either. MORE IMPORTANTLY: there’s a breach in security from the main gate near the Contemporary Resort with an unlocked gate. DISNEY NEEDS TO CHANGE THIS!

Original review: March 22, 2018

We had a school function that brought us to Disney. 40 people on our party. Upon entering Hollywood Studios a few of us were met with the dismay of our tickets not being matched to our armbands. So that took roughly 2 hours of our time there. So they finally fixed that, so upon entering Magic Kingdom the next morning, my son's armband in which he used the night before, said his ticket was invalid. We were brought out of line, while all the other kids got to get in park and ride the rides we were stuck at guest relations. Where I must say they could not have been more RUDE. SLOW, or Noncompassionate. They made my 10 year cry and that I can NOT ACCEPT.

3 hours to get this straightened out. One would hope that they would apologize and maybe give him something for the time they wasted because of THEIR mistake. No they gave him 2 fast pass to ride a space mountain. Come on Disney, Really. You charge a ridiculous amount to get in park to just stand in line all day to maybe ride 4 rides top, then the real kicker is your food prices. C'mon 12 dollars for a hotdog. We were there from Friday evening till Monday morning and for myself and my son we spent $400 on food. And to top it off we didn't even like the food. Best meals was at Rainforest Cafe fish and chips and a pizza 54 bucks that did include 1 root beer for my son. I had water. A place where dreams come true, not from where I was standing. Won't be back ever. Disney you should be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: March 17, 2018

The Disneyworld website should include information on parking. The fact that it has been left out is misleading and dishonest, and makes me wonder how many other hidden fees there may be. I get the impression that Disneyworld is more concerned with making more money than providing entertainment at a reasonable and affordable price. Pathetic!!

Original review: March 16, 2018

After paying 174 dollars for a one day ticket, we were not able to get on many rides. It was the biggest rip off I have ever experienced. Disney no longer has any magic. They are just stealing people's money and not allowing them to get on rides they bought the ticket for. What a joke Disney has become. Avoid the place at all costs. Take your kids to the beach!

Original review: March 15, 2018

We have been coming to Disney World during Spring Break for years. We have always been satisfied with the FastPass system until this visit. I do not know what changed, but we used to be able to get Fast Passes on popular rides the day of or the day prior for reasonable times in the morning, which allowed us to get additional Fast Passes in the afternoon. This year, Fast Passes for all four days of our visit were scarce for popular rides until late in the evening, leaving us subject to the long standby lines. We could not take advantage of the 60 day in advance rule because we used Military Vouchers that we had to exchange at Customer Service when we arrived. I’m really disappointed with the FastPass experience this visit and I hope things change before our next or we may consider not coming.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Let me first of all, base my critic on purely numbers and engineering, I am an industrial engineer. 1. Tickets are too expensive for what you get. We paid about $160-$170 for a one day ticket at Animal Kingdom where we obviously waited in line much more than what we enjoyed a ride. We visited solely 6 rides due to the extensive waiting lines. In those rides we waited for a total of 410 minutes (6.83 hours), while in total we were at those rides for a total of 45 minutes (3/4 of an hour), where some rides had more time simply because they were walkthroughs or shows. The rest of our time was spent either walking, enjoying the parades, resting, or eating.

For a price of $160, and being in the park from 9am-9pm you would expect a hell lot more of rides. In 12 hours, we spent more than half of the day at waiting lines and less than one hour in rides, does this sound reasonable to any wallet? Mind you, besides the ticket you must pay $25 if you bring your car and about $11 if you choose to eat at the part. If we divide the $160 ticket price by 12 hours at a park we would be paying about $13.33 per ride meaning that it would have come to $80 for ONE day of visiting SIX rides. Disney is simply ripping off customers. Their queuing system is simply not efficient and it hasn't been updated since the invention of the fast pass.

2. Why lie about waiting times? We chose to wait in line for one ride which displayed a 50 minute waiting time, which turned out to be 1 hour and 40 minutes. This only makes people mad! Their algorithms, if they have, do not accurately measure waiting times and their use of red cards handed out to customers is not a great idea! I saw a customer hand out one of these to a staff member who simply gave it to another one who simply left it at his station. Besides this, some customers even forget about the card and don't even hand it. Furthermore, fast pass lanes do have an impact on total waiting times, something which they are either not accounting for or are doing it in a wrong way. At the roller coaster near splash mountain it turns out that the fast pass lane had more waiting time than the regular one!

I have been several times to Disney but this one was probably my last. In a world where there is each time more humans, Disney is simply failing to take this into account as well. In a world where prices are going up daily, Disney is charging each time more and more for services that at the end are simply not worth it. In a world where time is essential, Disney is simply leaving the time-concept out of the equation and instead fixating themselves on their money concept.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My family and I were at Magic Kingdom on Feb. 14th. We had a frightening and extremely uncomfortable situation while waiting in line on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train that should not have happened. We became stuck in a room with 500 other people for an hour and a half. There was 1 way in and 1 way out. There were ropes to keep us in lines within this room. No bathroom facilities were available. People began yelling and clapping in an attempt to try to get someone's attention to the situation to no avail. It was close to a riot breaking out.

It would have been very difficult to leave the room due to the crowd of 500 tightly packed people. Even if we did manage to extricate the 6 of us, out of the room of 500 people, we would then had to of squeezed by another 1,000+ people that were outside of the room corralled in by full and half walls. These lines should be a single row and not a maze of where you are walled in. You should be able to easily step out of the line if you need to. I think these walls are there to hide the problem so no one sees the entire extent of suffering and danger involved when going on a ride at Magic Kingdom.

There were no Disney employees at the entrance or exit of in the room. No one was limiting the crowd size. No one was ensuring that if someone wanted or needed to leave, they could. I was afraid for my family's safety. This was a safety hazard. The number of exits for the size of the crowd did not ensure a safe situation. If someone had a passed out or had a heart attack they would have been unreachable without extreme difficulties. If there had been a fire or an explosion my family would not have been able to get out of the room safely. People would have been trampled.

There must be rules for the number of people that can be in a certain size room and the number of exits that would be required. These rules should be enforced at Magic Kingdom on the Seven Dwarf's Mine Train and any other rides that have inside overcrowding with too few exits and no bathrooms. Not only did my family suffer due to the lack of bathroom facilities, we were concerned for our physical safety due to being packed in like a herd of cows. When we got in line for the ride, we believed it would be a 60 minute wait. Announcements kept being made over a speaker system but we could not hear what was being said. Even if we could hear what was being said, there was nothing we could do as we were stuck and would have to break through lines of thousands of people to get out.

We traveled all the way from Pennsylvania and rented a house so our children could have a fun and educational experience visiting Magic Kingdom but all we learned was that Disney did not care about the people that attended the park once they were in there. I sent the above letter to Disney and to the Florida Attorney General. Disney basically says they can do whatever they want with the people that attend the park. They do not have to abide by laws and that the Fire Marshall has approved this ride.

Here are the laws they are violating: Per ** The 2017 Florida Statutes 509.221 Sanitary Regulations 2(b). Within a theme park or entertainment complex as defined in s. 509.013(9), the bathrooms are not required to be in the same building as the public food service establishment, so long as they are reasonably accessible.

Florida Building Code: Per ** "The occupant load permitted in any building, or portion thereof, is permitted to be increased from that number established for the occupancies in Table 1004.1.2, provided that all other requirements of the code are also met based on such modified number and the occupant load does not exceed one occupant per 7 square feet (0.65 m2) of occupiable floor space. Where required by the building official, an approved aisle, seating or fixed equipment diagram substantiating any increase in occupant load shall be submitted. Where required by the building official, such diagram shall be posted." I have contacted the Attorney General of Florida again, the fire marshall and the BBB. This situation needs to be corrected. People attending the park are people and not animals.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I am a lifelong Disney customer. I visited Epcot for the flower festival with my family. I must say I have never felt so totally ripped off. Ticket prices plus charged for parking. Food prices were twice what they should have been. The tram to parking only makes 2 stops, leaving you far from your vehicle. Very crowded. Terrible experience will never go again.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Really enjoyed our resort visit but not our Parks visits. We have had at least 10 visits in the past and there were marked differences in the Parks this visit. One was transportation was much slower much longer waits for buses. Two was crowds were intolerable. Three the crowds had many nonspeaking English visitors that were very rude cutting lines, knocking into others in large groups acting like they were the only ones there?! Four the supposed good changes required to have prior fast passes and dining reservations have turned into a rat race. Not a convenience to us any longer. Can’t get into a lot anymore. Too many people. Can’t enjoy meals yet prices continue to elevate. Just not a Happiest Place on Earth place anymore. On a positive note the resort areas remain beautiful and enjoyable to stay at! But parks are not the same anymore.

Original review: March 4, 2018

The first visit to Disney was great. We did the Magic After Hours. They only sell a limited amount of tickets. The hours are I believe 9 pm til 12 am. It was great basically no lines calmer. We loved it! Fast forward to today Saturday packed! Found out not just tourist but Saturday’s popular with locals. Small World we were told about 40 minutes. Ended up being double the time. We only did one ride. My son had a meltdown. We loved the parade. But these two days didn’t see any characters walking around park. Skip Disney disappointing and expensive. I would only go again for the Affer Hours they do occasionally.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Recently completed a 2 week family vacation for a family of five in Disney, Orlando. Booked for the down season and purchased the deal of 4 day, park to park tickets, with the speed pass option for each, total cost just under $2200 Canadian dollars. What a disappointment. Disney is no longer about a magical fun filled family experience, but a legalized company to gorge the consumer to death financially and keep the Disney hotels filled. Unless on site at 7 am or when the gates open all popular rides are filled for the day by 9 30 am, in the down season via fast pass phone technology app.

Disney parks filled to max capacity, lineups everywhere and wait times for everything a minimum of 20 minutes plus in the down season. Two rides closed at Epcot, major water park "closed' at Disney. Then, to finally add insult to injury Disney is no longer for the common folk, average wage earners can no longer afford these prices inside the magical gates. Lowest priced meal $14.99 USD, 500 ml of water $5.00 USD, Hot dog and 15 French fries $14.99 USD, small soft serve ice cream $3.99 USD, bottle pop $3.99 USD, pretzel snack $9.99 USD. Now head to Disney with your family and feed them for the day and keep them hydrated in 30 celsius heat! I personally purchased 5 soft serve ice cream for $3.99 each and the final bill was $22.15 USD, about $26.00 Canadian for five soft serve ice cream, give me a break!

You guessed it with a family of five your hitting $150 per/day USD to do so. Now here is the real beginner day bargain, parking at Disney ranges from $20 to $60 USD per day. Disney in my opinion is grossly, grossly over-priced and to the point of being unavailable to the average wage earner in North America/world-wide. Disney will never see me again. They have priced my house out of the magical kingdom, my household has a yearly income in excess of $225,000 Canadian, I am not alone. In Canada for $6.50 Canadian, I can purchase 12 bottles of 500 ml of water and pay a recycling deposit of 0.8 cents per bottle on top of that. Disney is just gorging the North American consumer.

Why in 2018 should a family have to spend a minimum of $75 USD to feed 5 persons and then spend another $25 USD to have a beverage to drink with it, in a magical family filled fun park, Lunch for five cost $130 Canadian! Like Allen Iverson stated about practice, "it's just practice", Disney," it is just lunch" for parents and kids visiting the park, not 5 star dining. Disney park concessions compared to 4 years ago now make the airport concessions look cheap! Sad, very, very, sad.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Tried to purchase a 4 day Florida resident pass for two days!!! The first day it bounced me around trying to sell me a hotel stay when I live an hour away which ate up my first day's lunch hour. The second day I was able to give it my credit card information but it didn't show up in my bank account or give me an email confirmation so I had to use the chat to see if I purchased a ticket or not. The cart kept bouncing to two tickets when I only wanted one and after I had checked my bank and email and went back it said one ticket so I still don't know if I bought one or not since the chat guy didn't know either!! Finally getting a day of something fun to look forward to. Shouldn't have to start with so much drama.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

After all my griping and complaining, I am glad to see I am not the only sane person in the world right now. I have NEVER been so ripped off in my LIFE. Friends and family have encouraged me to continue spreading the word because our trip was beyond unacceptable. It started before we even got there. Planning Disney was a nuisance. I started planning November 2017 and we were there February 19-22, 2018. We paid for this trip in 3 months. My fiancee and his family have been to Disney at least 15+ times over the years but that was the 90s-00. His mother is now deceased, so I decided to try to recreate a special memory for him by taking him back to their favorite place for his birthday. This was my first experience and probably my last.

There were out of the country kids EVERYWHERE. We were told there is a marathon that took place and Disney randomly changed the date from later this year to February. We purposely went during a low crowd season. But as a result of their changes, we got to be stuck in the middle of serious chaos, and wait times of 2+ hours for rides unless you had a fast pass. While I planned our trip online, some days I would be able to log in and some days I would not. I also noticed that the spelling of his name had been changed in our account (by a representative after I had already placed our correct information in). I had to call customer service maybe 7-8x for these issues before we even were close to the trip. They would always say they fixed the name spelling but mailed me his luggage tags with the incorrect name... One day I was completely locked out and had to contact them again to be transferred around several times.

Arriving to the airport: We arrived to MCO with the Magical Express voucher that was mailed to us. The magic bands had been linked with customer service by phone several times prior to our arrival. (They had an issue linking them as well). At the Magical Express desk, the voucher would not scan for the representative nor the magic bands. He said they were not linked. He looked us up by name and hotel and let us go. We waited in line for about 30 minutes to board the Magical Express bus.

Arriving to the hotel: We arrived to Pop Century Resort and go to the check in line. A lady comes up and ask did we do online check in, we told her yes. I did the check in maybe one to two months ago if not sooner. She looked us up and told us the wait would be 5 hours for our room because our room wasn't ready. I requested someone else and she sent me up to the desk. We go to the desk and I hate didn't get this lady's name because I was too tired, but she was the rudest of the whole Disney staff we encountered. She had a short bob, glasses, and a Caribbean accent. She told us she would be putting us in the 70s section (which was at the dead end, the VERY back of the hotel). I told her I requested the 90s sections and other preferences. She told me it doesn't matter what I requested. She also rudely proceeded to tell us the walk is about 3 minutes to the room.

The end. (I later found out they have an option where you can clean your own room daily and get a gift card at the end of the stay. We were never offered that option). In return, every day our beds were half made, the floors were DIRTY (tile floors never mopped or swept) we found bugs in our room, and the kicker for me was housekeeping left dirty cleaning rags in our room.

Disney transport bus: Worse than public street transportation. Every night when leaving the park, we were stuck out at the bus stop at least an hour waiting on a ride back to the hotel. One night after leaving Disney Springs, the wait for the bus was so long they needed 4 buses to board Pop Century guest. This also occurred at animal kingdom. Disabled people, children crying, everybody miserable hot and complaining waiting on the bus. Also, for some strange reason ALL of these buses would have their temperatures to at least 50 degrees. I understand the "fight off germs" but talk about misery. One lady asked the driver to warm the bus. He ignored her. The buses were so overcrowded they made some people stand. Women were on the buses with babies in car seats and had to stand. It was insane.

Animal Kingdom: I swear we walked for miles and miles, I made almost (25k steps on my Fitbit that day alone) only to ride maybe 2 rides... The rides are spread so far apart but of course there are shops and food for you to BUY EVERYWHERE. Lion King show: we got to the front of the line almost and they said standing room only and then they said capacity reached and we'd have to come back. The show is every hour. We went back 30 mins prior to the next show and they told us the last show, was the last show. LOL! The Safari: I swear the hippo was dead, there were vultures flying all around him. Very few animals. Huge disappointment because that's what we wanted to see most. Didn't get into Pandora because the wait was 3 hours long. We didn't see any princesses or characters walking through Magic Kingdom. The memory maker people were hiding... ESPECIALLY in Animal Kingdom. We found one...

FOOD: At Pop Century... Nursing home food. (I have included pics) the food costed us $34 for two and all we ate was the meatloaf barely. Be Our Guest Restaurant (pic included too). DO NOT spend your money at this place. It is one of the most highly anticipated restaurants. We spent about $35 again but this was a kids meal during lunch time! I had to ask the lady to warm up my food because it was literally cold. The best food we had was off property at Buffalo Wild Wings and Wendy's. FIREWORKS: They were doing fireworks during the day. We arrived at the park around 7 pm one night and the workers told us they had already been done and even they were sure why they were done so early.

BIRTHDAYS & FIRST VISITS: They give you a button to pin on yourself which is pretty much useless. We got NO perk for it. Most of the workers just stared at it and moved right past us. Special occasions are obviously really not special here. I started to order a cake for him. I'm soooo glad I didn't. It probably wouldve been a disaster too. Drinks: $5 for one bottle of Smart Water EVERYWHERE. RIDES: A huge majority are all the same. Most of them are underground tunnel rides with singing or talking characters. They just change the names. Lol. (Mount Everest & Seven Dwarfs were okay but of course expect to wait in line until you give up waiting unless you have a fast pass.)

The hotel didn't have accessible microwaves after 12 when they lock up the food court. So for those of us with no vehicle at the time, and arrived from the park after magic hours... We went to bed hungry. We asked the front desk for the nearest pizza delivery number, it took them about 20 minutes amongst each other searching for it because they do not have a compilation of the nearest restaurants that deliver. I guess Disney only wants you to eat their crappy food. When we finally got a Domino's Pizza number they told us 3 hour wait... By then, it would've been time for us to wake up and head out for our flight.

On the night before the end of our trip my gut told me to call the front desk to see if there was anything I needed to do to make sure we got out of the place and to the airport accordingly. I called and they told me there's nothing for me to do, but asked did I check in with the Magical Express people. I told her I wasn't aware that I had to which is why I called to make sure I wasn't missing anything. They had to do a full reservation to schedule us to be picked up that morning. (Imagine if I hadn't called!) She gave me a confirmation number and told me the hotel will have my bus vouchers in my room tonight when we returned from the park. We went out and came back at 1 am to no bus tickets. I called them and they didnt even have the reservation.

So the lady did a new reservation and claimed they didn't bring our tickets earlier because the printer broke so I have to stop at the front desk before I leave in the morning to even board the bus and pick up bus tickets. It was at that point I was done and asked for mgmt. They quickly fixed the printer all of a sudden and had someone bring our vouchers to the room at 2 am! Also, for one day we rented a car from the B Resort Enterprise. They picked us up 2 hours late which caused us to lose Disney park time. But they upgraded us complimentary and their staff was super nice. Disney... The place is overpriced, overcrowded and selling dreams. Not making dreams come true... Whose dream is this?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

DISNEY LINES ARE OUT OF CONTROL. We went there (what was to be the Slow time of the year) the first week of Feb M-F 2018 and could only get on 3 to 4 rides due to lines being in excess of 4 hours!!! Disney used to be great, so why have things gotten worse? Because Disney wants to max profits - they keep rides closed - (in Epcot two pavilions with rides closed) and this is the same in all the parks. However they keep opening more and more hotels bringing more people in, without expanding the parks.

Yes they open new rides, at the expense of closing rides. More people and less rides... The Govt needs to step in, or Great Atty to take a legal action to make Disney post the wait times before people purchase tickets. This is getting very close to what I think is fraud. A family four pays for all 4 parks. It will cost $1200. Then they go to the parks, to realize they need wait hours in lines. Really I used to love Disney, the service was great, and in the 90's they were always expanding the parks, now all they do is expand the hotels... Things have gotten crazy there. Won't go back.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I visited Disney World the week of Feb 16-23. It was the worst vacation of my life. Single day tickets are $174. That's a lot of money to spend to stand in line for 6-8 hours to see only 4 attractions. Disney's FastPass system used to work pretty well to skip big lines, but they've changed it. Now people who buy their tickets early can book FastPasses up to 30 days in advance and they can book 3 attractions at a time, so if you purchase your ticket at the park, you'll be lucky to get a FastPass to even one of the main attractions. When I complained about the long lines at the park, I was told that the reason tickets cost so much is that Disney is trying to dissuade so many people from visiting the resort, but at the same time, they're building more hotels to accommodate more guests. How's that for contradictory logic? I will never visit Disney again as I refuse to pay $174 for only an hour's worth of entertainment.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Just got back from a week at Disney World and was extremely disappointed. I took my family to Disneyland in the late 80's and it was the best vacation ever. Last week we're at Disney world with our daughter and our grandchildren and what a letdown. The whole idea that Walt had of the happiest place on Earth is gone. Now it's how much money can we separate from each guest. The entry fee was over $700 per day and the 1st thing we were greeted with was a parking fee! $20-40 just to park my car when there is no alternative way to get there, then long lineups for a 3 minute ride, at the end of a 10 hour day you get about 8 rides and not very good ones at that and they last for 90 seconds to 3 minutes.

2 of the rides broke down while we were there and after waiting in the FastPass line for 25 minutes someone finally told us the Buzz Lightyear ride was closed.

Later that day we had to be evacuated from Splash Mountain a 30 minute process where the only concern was that no one took and pictures or videos. $345 for lunch for 4 adults and 3 children. Really $27 for a 3 year old? And an 18% gratuity added to a buffet, though in fairness they did deliver the drinks so I suppose $50 is reasonable. I wouldn't even mind so much if I thought it went to the staff, but I guess they don't need it as I did read they make $14 hour. What do the executives get $14 per second. In all a total ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

In comparison to Universal Studios Theme Park, Disney World is magical. We visited both parks over the Holiday Break and knew these were peak times so bought all our tickets in advance. While Disney provided a 3-day hopper to enjoy all 4 parks for $1,000 (2 adults and 1 child), we had to pay $1,000 just to visit both parks at Universal in one day. We paid extra for Express Passes that didn't work at Universal whereas Disney provided free Fast Passes and extended park hours to accommodate peak crowds. I will never go back to Universal, it cares only about profit and is a total rip-off to consumers.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Disney is stealing the money from their customers - How nobody can see that there is no control on a super crowded day at any Disney PARK? HOW IS POSSIBLE IN THE USA none customer agency will protect the people against this scam? WHEN the parks are OVERCROWDED NOBODY... I MEAN NOBODY will enjoy any of the games or rides. Could be possible that someone must to wait 4 hrs to get on a ride??? Please, some tell me that I am not insane, I saw people doing line for 3 hrs and 45 minutes. I am willing to check myself on a Psychiatric Doctor, to be under a test, but I cannot really accept that people is waiting in line 3hrs and 45 minutes just to get on a ride. If the customer protection agency will work on it, I will accept to get one ride after waiting 30 minutes MAX, that's normal everywhere around the globe. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

My 6 year old and I attended Magic Kingdom. It was HORRIBLE!! I feel that I was robbed!! For $200 plus $20 for parking?? We were not able to stand in line for 90 minutes. The park was overcrowded. This whole Disney World is just a well advertised place. In fact, it is the worst place ever!!! I will never come back and will tell all my friends what a disaster the park is.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Went to Disney World with my two kids and dad on 12/20. For the fireworks show, we arrived 1 hour to the show to get a spot. My kids fell asleep while we were waiting. Next thing I know, a cast member moved her arms down and the crowd pushed forward while we were all still sitting. I was pushed over. It was terrible. We ended up leaving before the show because I was concerned about my kids' safety. I contacted WDW and they basically said if it happens again to contact Guest Relations there. I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could so that option wasn't even a thought for me. I would not recommend going there around the holidays!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Worst vacation experience yet. They make you pay a double entrance fee if you want to attend the special event. So if you paid for a full day at the park expect to be kicked out because of their special event costing 89$ for adult and 84$ for a child. The Christmas decor was a joke. The lines were massive which I expected, but the fast pass were no help. The hotel cups you purchase are only good at the hotels but they don’t tell you this when you purchase them. Some Disney people were turning the corner and letting people get on rides however they pleased so the fast pass lane was long and useless.

Not a magical experience at all. Not worth the ticket price. For the amount of money I will be traveling with my family around the world. If you are going to travel to Disney do not plan on a magical experience at all. I have taken our kids here about every two years and the rides and service has gone down the drain. Many of the people I met were telling me that this would be their last time at Disney because it simply is not worth it. Even our four children who LOVE THEIR DISNEY VACATIONS, said they would rather go somewhere else.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs