3.54/5

Orlando, FL

404 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 2, 2019

I first came to Walt Disney World Florida 30 years ago with my wife and 2 sons. I returned on the 28/03/2019 having lost my wife two years ago, with my 2 sons their wives and 4 grandchildren thinking that this would be just what my wife would have wanted. It seems that things have gone from good to bad in that time. The parks are overcrowded to the point of being uncomfortable, too many people in one place all seeking the same thing.

Getting on any of the rides is a joke, fast passes will be effective on rides like dumbo, magic carpet and dinosaur ride, which are basically the same, but anything more of interest forget it unless you pay for VIP entrance at 200 rollers each. Has everyone says it's nothing to wait up to 1 hour for a 5 minute ride, in the heat. The quick serve deal is OK although you can have enough of pizza and burgers. We stayed in Coronado Springs Resort in Disney, unless you like movies don't expect entertainment. The pools OK and they tell me the resort will be fine when it's finished.

If you have unlimited resources you'll be fine, 8.25 for a beer, over 9 dollars for a short, water 3.50 a small bottle, a bubble blower for the kids 25 dollars. Get a taxi to any of the parks such as Sea World for 50 dollars each way. So far Animal Kingdom was very run down animals were in cramped conditions eating places were dirty. Finally we crashed into Magic Kingdom well before the 9.15 pm show, managed to just about glimpse the firework show but were impressed by the light show on the castle, what followed looked like a person in distress dressed like a bee flailing their arms as they were catapulted down the Hauser from the castle, not much magic there then. Save your thousands go to Alton Towers, No better but nearer home.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Visited park in March 2019. The Park was very dirty and old looking. Employees (Cast Members) were mostly rude and just plain didn't care much about anything. Major Sticker shock on Food and drinks. Spent over 3000.00 on a trip that was not very enjoyable. Very disappointed in the Park. It USED to be magical. Too bad.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Went to WDW Epcot and stayed At Caribbean beach. Hugely dismayed by the total overuse of plastic. Everything is plastic with very few recycling facilities. CBR little more than school camp and quality is atrocious.

Original review: March 25, 2019

We recently took our 12 yr old daughter to Disney in Florida (1st time for her) & I have to say it was THE WORST PARK WE HAVE EVER BEEN TO! There should be a limit on the amount of people allowed in the park for the expensive amount of money you pay! There was over a 2 hr wait for most of the rides, THAT IS ABSURD! Thank God we stayed at the Hard Rock hotel in Universal! Please people do not waste your money on Disney. There is nothing "magical" about it whatsoever except the catchy name, if you really wanna have fun and actually ride the rides GO TO UNIVERSAL!! Sincerely, A VERY DISAPPOINTED MOM!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Worst experience ever! Animal Kingdom is a joke, Disney has to stop the abuse! They oversell the tickets! We pay a lot for NOTHING! The park is cruelly packed, they don’t have enough FastPass and we have to wait 240, 180, 90 minutes on line to ride on any ride. That’s ridiculous! Don’t even mention when you are going to eat, everything is a waiting list of hour and a half or more, you can never make a reservation. No way!!! That’s insane, more when you have little kids with you. We couldn’t do ANYTHING! It was SO back that we dropped our hotel and went to TAMPA! (best decision ever). We waste our money and time, THANK YOU DISNEY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: March 13, 2019

Brought my family (5 adults 4 kids) for a week to Port Orleans. Hotel was ok. Kids liked the pool. All the parks were so crowded - more than I’ve ever seen in my previous visits. Prices for everything are outrageous (ie bottle of water $3.99 really!?!? Are you not making more than enough $$?? That you have to rip patrons off on water??) Bathrooms not clean. I agree with others on this site that without our 3 FPs we wouldn’t have had any rides. And the hundreds of people on their scooters expected right of way and moved to front of lines. Buses dangerously overcrowded. At one point, asked driver why he was letting more on already overcrowded bus. I do not plan to return. Totally over it.

Original review: March 12, 2019

So disappointed, in the place I use to come to every year as a child! I haven’t been in about 4 years now and wow all I can say is the Magic is gone and it’s NOT the happiest place on earth now!!! It is dirty! I cannot believe how dirty this park is. Trash is everywhere, trash cans overflowing. Not enough employees, and the employees that are here are not happy, helpful or friendly.

Rides are dirty and very old, seats are ripped. This places needs some updating so bad. The Haunted Mansion parts were just not working but they just pushed you through. I’m shocked!!! They need to do something about overcrowding! You can not walk. The long lines are unreasonable (2 or more hours). So many people standing in the line you can’t even breathe. If there was an emergency Lord help the person that would need EMS. No one is happy standing in the line. They pack you in so tight, there is no way EMS could get to anyone in trouble. They don’t care about safety!!! The food is terrible!

After going to Universal Studios yesterday and will be going back tomorrow. It was so much better, clean, better food, rides are updated. Much better time yesterday compared to Magic Kingdom!!! However buy the fast pass at Universal Studios, it’s Worth the money! Go read the reviews for Disney before you decide to plan a family vacation!! So disappointed!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife and I visited Epcot in February. We spent a nice day in the park together. I bought a one day pass and my wife got a two day hopper pass so she could visit another day later in the week with our daughter in-law. Both of us got a mysterious rash on our lower legs right above our ankles and below our knees. I looked online and there is a host of others that have experienced this. Employees and first aid tell you it is due to the heat and length of time on your feet most people are out of shape and this happens. Problem is my wife is a runner and we both hike and bike and are pretty active. Something is triggering this in guest and it has been going on for a while. Google epcotlegs and disneylegs just as it is spelled.

My problem is my wife did not want to return and asked for a refund due to health concerns the representative said no refund is possible at all. We have a large family with many youngsters and always enjoyed the Disney experience. After this visit we all agreed that we have better places to vacation and spend our money. I agree the almighty dollar has clouded their thinking on what real customer service and experience is. Time to build a better mousetrap!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Visited on Feb 14th 2019. In 2 12-hr Days at Disney we experienced 4 rides and 2 parades. The queuing is unbearable. FastPass only half worked - because we had Park Hoppers, we could only book FP for one park each day. We missed 2 FP slots because we were so long queuing at other things. FP really only for on-resort visitors who can reserve 60 days out. The app we invested hours of pre-vacation research on kept crashing in the park, on several devices. My sister cried when we returned home and was asked by her 7-yr-old why we couldn't do any of the rides in Disney.

My one star is for ANIMAL KINGDOM - we loved the vibe in Africa, and Flight of Passage was worth the 3 hour queue - except that I suffered abuse from fellow visitors when my son and I left to use the bathroom and returned to our party in the queue. By contrast, our third day in Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure - 9 attractions in one day of non-stop fun, adrenaline and laughing. I will NEVER EVER return to Magic Kingdom, and strongly advise anyone against it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We were a family of 10 visiting Magic Kingdom February 18, 2019. While we were not in the "know" that the park would be the most crowded that day, the crowds weren't our major issue. We all wanted to get on Space Mountain, and it was down almost all day. We then wanted to get on the race track for the kids, that too was closed until June. We then wanted to get on two other attractions and they too were closed for the day. We got absolutely no explanation as to why. Only told that they would be up and running by the end of the day, which was not a truthful statement as we left the park around 5 p.m. that day, and none of them were operational again.

We did go to "City Hall" but were told that unless we had all 10 of our party with us at that time, we would not get any refunds. We are talking about over $4,000 we put into a week of visiting parks in and around Disney. I would really like to get some of the money back, if for nothing else, just the day at Magic Kingdom as not one person in our party, including children, were able to ride any of the attractions, spend a bunch of money on bad food because, well we had to eat something, and to boot the individuals who work at the park were just plain rude. We saw areas roped off for "special guests" who turned out to be family of the attendant at that particular event. Disney is just not worth going to in my opinion, it's a tourist trap and one that we will never ever visit again. We put over $12,000 in the area while we were visiting, and it was not worth one dime of that money.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Our family of three went to Disney, Jan 8th 2019. Once in the park we were immediately shocked at the number of people. You must watch every step you take, literally. When I asked a park employee about the overcrowded number he stated there was 40k people but they go to 50k on busiest days, wow... You can expect to wait 90-120 minutes per ride, how does anyone do this when it's hot!! If you have ever been to Disney in the past the place is unchanged in 40 years!! We paid 50 for lunch, nasty nasty food!! The best part of the day was the firework show. For a 500 dollar day we were very disappointed, our ten year old daughter admitted our local Six Flags is much better... Spare yourself the money and high stress that Disney represents...

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Took the family there for the grandkids and kids. Went during the Christmas week 2018. I knew it was going to be packed, I knew the lines were going to be long, what I did not expect is how the staffers let all the people cut in line. On a 1 hour wait line, we waited 40 minutes and moved 20 ft. People walk past you and say excuse me and just walk in front. The quantity of people (must have been about 40 in total) cutting in line that I finally left and asked the "line monitors" about it. He said he was unaware. Personally I would not recommend this. Went to Sea World my last day of 7 days there and that was well worth it.

There is something crazy about waiting in line for over an hour for a 3-5 minutes ride. Instead go to Six Flags or another park of rides. The prices are high and just heard they were raising them again. You have to pay for premium parking or do a considerable amount of walking. There is way too much hype for and especially too much hostility in "the happiest place on Earth." The monitors should keep an active surveillance of the lines to avoid fights and other hostile acts. I have no desire to ever go back. Alternatives Six Flags, Kings Dominion, Sea World, water parks, etc.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I use to go to Disney World almost every year when I was in my early twenties. I had always thought that it was a wonderful place to spend a long weekend at. I have completely changed my mind on that. I went during MLK weekend. I had not anticipated the amount of people that were there. It looked more like 4th of July weekend. I couldn't believe the amount of parents who took their kids out of school for Disney. There is no way that they could have traveled either by car or plane and did Disney in three short days. They obviously missed work and school for it. Besides that the two things I wanted to do I didn't get to do in Magic Kingdom; which was ride the Snow White ride and eat at Be Our Guest restaurant. There was a constant two-hour wait for the Snow White coaster ride. I refused to stand in line for that long.

I rode probably five rides that whole day. Lunch was bad. I had one of their $10 hot dogs. It took them 20 minutes to bring it out and it was barely warm. For dinner I had managed to make a reservation, but when I got there they told me that it was a 3-course meal and that it would be $60 per person. I was annoyed. I thought to myself if lunch was bad and expensive, then there is a huge chance that dinner would be the same. I canceled it and left during the fireworks show. To get out we were led through a path that took us behind the scenes. I was surprised because I remember when I took a tour there years ago, the docent expressed how the company wanted to keep people away from all that and that they wanted people to see the magic and enchantment of Disney. So they tried hard to keep customers in that magical world.

Now it seems like they don't care about keeping that up. We all saw where they kept their rolling carts of food and their trucks. I even saw someone taking their break on a bench. They might as well had had a man in a Mickey Mouse costume with his Mickey helmet off, on his cigarette break. The next day I went to Animal Kingdom. I wanted to ride the new rides in the Pandora section. Again there was a 2-hour wait for both of them. I went ahead and stood for the Na'vi River Journey because I wanted to be able to say that I got to do something out of the list of things I wanted to do. I stood for almost 2 hours for a ride that barely lasted 2 minutes. My feet were sore and I was really angry. I didn't even bother with the other ride.

Disney hyped up this new area and all there are are 2 rides. All I ended up doing after that were the animal trails cause all the other rides had long wait lines as well. Utterly ridiculous. I had fast passes for 3 of the rides but it turned out that it was for a single rider. I was pretty sure that when I did them I had put for 2 people. So I had to cancel them. By 4 pm I had to leave cause the temperature dropped really low. I missed the night show, which is one of the things I wanted to see. So I drove back home to Miami the next day, disillusioned and disappointed.

Disney has changed a lot. It is not worth the money and time. I could honestly have done a better vacation with less money. Even the movies aren't that great. I saw recently the Incredibles 2 and it was almost the same plot as the first one. I think customers need to stop going to their parks and stop buying their products; so that they get off their greedy pedestals. We're just money for them, not people anymore.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My family and I have been to WDW for 10 times or more, but never stay on property. This year since we were celebrating my retirement from military after 40+ years we decided to take the plunge. We stayed in the Boulder Creek Villas 1-10 DEC 2018. There were 7 adults in group. First let me say up front even with a military discount on the room it was expensive and we knew this going in. I have no complaints about the resort. It was more than we expected. Even when the electronic lock on door stop working, it was repaired in a timely manner and even a very small box of candy was left for us. What I want to say is that the magic and AHH event was missing.

Resort seemed to low on staff and even though we were given special occasions buttons to wear, it meant nothing and no one even noticed them. It got us nothing "special" not even trading pins. On last day ask for assistance in moving our stuff down to carport, even told them what time we needed to depart to meet flight. After waiting over 1 hour carried our own stuff making several trips. Staff member on last trip we if they can assist, when I told her we had requested assistance, she checked and came back and said someone wrote our room number down wrong, really how hard can writing down a 4 digit number be?

Other issue is had to put a cc on file for accidentals, but when I went to rent bikes for the entire party, was told everyone had to sign for their own bike, even though I was paying for everyone. What's the point of having a cc on file? Also beware if renting bikes or boats at this resort, must have them back by 5pm, really, it's FL sun doesn't even go down till after 7pm. Again amount of staff seemed to be very limited.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

We went in 2/2018. Many things were out of order; being worked on - no discount. The Haunted Mansion kept us waiting 2 hours and ended up broken down and all we got was a fast pass for another day. We didn't have another $100 per person for another day. This is rip off and I will not go again. The fast pass is a rip off. Just have enough rides to not waste your money!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Where do you begin, dirty, overpriced, treated like cattle, rude employees, bad food, long lines even fast pass. I've watched a company go from being concerned about their guest to becoming a greedy profit motivated machine. But alas the sheep will continue to support this empire. As P.T. Barnum said "there's a sucker born every minute". Hopefully someone will read this and be forewarned. P.S. there are some great employees, however the company treats them terrible and they are becoming fewer and fewer as they continue to increase profits on the back of employees.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I have been trying to decide the best way to tell the story of the Walt Disney World theme parks as seen from my perspective, a guest. Talk to Guest Relations? I have done that multiple times, in person and via email. I've come to realize resolving the problems is not their bailiwick. They are only empowered to offer platitudes like "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we are very sorry to hear/see that" and offer an additional fast pass or two for me and my party next time we are in the park and send us on our merry little way. Come on, really? That's not even a band-aid for the problems.

When I visit Epcot, I see a park that has gone from a park that celebrates innovation, wonder, discovery and the achievements of mankind to a park of raucous crowds and drunken debauchery on daily parade with the never-ending cycles of festivals. As I journey through this park, I see Spaceship Earth greet guests bathed in a green haze of organisms which have taken root in desperate need of pressure washing.

Inside I see audio-animatronics that do not function properly. Maybe math is not that interesting of a subject after all? Innoventions lights full of bugs, burnt out bulbs, and rotting sheetrock. The Land pavilion has leaky windows which have caused stained ribbons to hang from the ceiling. Soarin' needs to have either the screen or projectors cleaned. The dirty screen or projectors show and are distracting from the experience. Test Track goes down constantly. Not just the cars stop working but the design computers too. The Frozen attraction at Epcot goes down a lot too.

Over at the Magic Kingdom Main Street Station is literally crumbling. Paint is fading on the exterior. Inside the stone is crumbling. Wood is cracking and broken. Sheetrock is molded, bubbling, and in need of repair. Tony's needs a rag run along the ceiling. You can visibly see the dirt in the dome as you enter. The Emporium needs a cast member to grab some cleaner and a rag and clean fixtures. Head into Adventure Land as we journey down the Nile- or some river with hippos locked into place because the animatronic features don't work. Oh, and neither does the jeep. It just won't turn over. Pirates. The smoke screen is down, again.

Meanwhile over in Frontier Land, animatronics don't work on Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. I guess most people don't visit often enough to notice that as they zip by on the attraction though. If they don't know how it is supposed to be when it works properly, they won't notice that it isn't functioning properly. Over in Liberty Square on The Haunted Mansion crown molding in the stretching room is warping. The Seance Room features a scene with a whisp projected onto the wall.

How about in Fantasy Land? Small World is a delight for my friends. We count animatronic dolls that don't work. To make the game easier, sometimes we lump entire countries together. We also count missing, molded, rotten, ceiling tiles. It's a really fun game, you should try it with your friends. We also note damage to the superstructure of the attraction due to sitting in constant water and the high humidity.

The carousel just got a paint job on the roof, meanwhile the rest of it is also dirty. I saw a pile of trash at the end of the moving walkway on Mermaid. Why couldn't a cast member take the time to sweep that stuff up? Animatronics frequently malfunction on this newer attraction too! The Barnstormer, Dumbo and other attractions follow much the same story, dirty, trashy, and in need of a deep cleaning and paint. Over in Tomorrow Land, Carousel of Progress. Audio problems much? I guess that was a problem in the 40s. What about the animatronics? They have some odd body movements at times. That is for sure. Maybe also re-carpet, re-upholster, and repaint the carousel? This attraction needs maintenance, not just an update! Then there are the restrooms. Why isn't custodial doing their job cleaning restrooms property wide?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Management at Disney Hotel were dishonest, promised a refund for the day I spent in the bathroom with food poisoning - then billed me anyway - we stayed at Caribbean Beach on 1/11, 1/12 for Marathon, I ate prepackaged eggwhite sandwich and became violently ill 10 hrs later, unable to leave room all next day. I was defrauded by managements placating my complaint with false promise to refund one night's cost for my lost day and deep disappointment at a missing marathon - got home-card was later charged. They lied. Getting sick can happen - being straight-faced lied to is unethical business practice. Used to love Disney trips - never again!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I haven't been to a Magic Kingdom in over 20 years and I have to say that absolutely nothing has changed in all those years except for the price which has gone way, way up. I was sitting on the boat on the It's A Small World ride when I realized that the whole show is nothing but plywood, paint, and glitter with some dolls. Something I could create in my own backyard if I choose to do so. The Enchanted Tiki Room was not so Enchanting. It was old and dusty and not entertaining but annoying. But the worst 10 minutes I ever spent in a theme park where on the Carousel of Progress ride. This ride looks like it was created in the '50s and the clincher is that it is promoting progress!

Really Disney, really? It's hokey and way out of date and a waste of time. I went on January 4, 2019 and I realize that it was a very busy day for Disney, however they needed more staff because it was filthy. The garbage cans were spilling over and the bathrooms smelt horrible and half the stalls couldn't be used because they were so filthy. Disney you need to update your parks or lose your audience. I won't go back to a Disney park after this, because I can go to Universal. They are looking and building for the future. Disney you need to ride the Carousel of Progress and listen to the message and do something about it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

12th trip and last. 2-3 hour wait for rides. Many rides closed. Ridiculously overcrowded to the point of being unsafe. Trapped at hotel. 3$ banana, 5$ water. 10$ plastic cup of beer. DEHUMANIZING EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We were there the week of Jan 2-6 2019. Crowd control was the worst, I felt like part of a cattle herd. Transportation to resorts and parks I also felt like cattle being stuffed in a bus, to the point where people are standing over you with their armpits literally in your face! One bus comes every 20-25 mins, which is hard when you have tired children. The lines for the rides were three to four hours. Another hard battle with small children! Then the best is when you're waiting two hours and they tell you, "Sorry. Ride is having technical problems. We have to shut it down!" Worst experience I ever had.

Walking around I didn't even feel like I was at Disney - felt more like a Six Flags or Busch Gardens. Women's bathrooms were disgusting! Stall garbage cans overflowing, toilet paper all over floors, nasty bathrooms! Food was disappointing! Disney definitely isn't the same anymore! The only good thing I can say was I was glad to be staying at the Swan Hotel to get away from the Disney madness! Worst trip ever to Disney Jan 2019!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I have been to Disney World 5 times and the 5th time was just terrible. I decided months in advance to go to Disney World a couple of weeks before Christmas to see the decorations with a couple of family members. I found that the Disney employees were very rude and the lines for the rides were way too long (2 hours for most rides if you didn't have a fast pass and you were limited to only 3 fast passes a day). They really need to do something about the parks being so overcrowded. On a few of the rides the employees were not giving people enough time to either get on the rides or get off the rides and they were yelling at people to hurry up. I do not find this to be very "Magical".

It wasn't just in the parks that the employees were rude. Some of the hotel employees and bus drivers were also rude. It will be a very long time before I go back to Disney World. I spent enough money to stay in Disney World and think I should be able to ride more than 3 or 4 rides a day while staying there after being in the parks for more than 8 hours. There are plenty of other places to visit where you get treated a lot better. I thought Disney World was supposed to be the "Best place on Earth" and was supposed to be "Magical". I found it to be neither one of these things. My next trip will be somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My family (8 adults) decided to go back to WDW for New Year's 2019. That was a big mistake. My kids and husband have been there several times and the last time was 2012. We decided it would be fun to go as a group of adults and a couple of the spouses had never been. We traveled from North of Toronto. We started our glorious day in the parks on Dec. 29, 2018. What a zoo. There is no “ magic” anymore at Disney. It was a “Nightmare at Disney World”. There was soooo many people. It took on average 3-4 hours to get on a ride. We were spending 12 hours on average at the park and getting 3-4 rides in. Tops. Now we are adults so we were just angry that we got duped out of our $. I felt sorry for all the parents we witnessed arguing with their little kids that if they just stood in line for another 2 hours they would have so much fun! Everyone was having such a ** time.

On Dec. 31 we decided to grave the crowds and head to Magic Kingdom even though we knew it would be “busy”. Why you ask? Cause we had purchased 4 day tickets for 8 people at almost $4000 Canadian just to get into the parks so we had no choice but to try and make the most of it. What a disaster. There were sooo many people in the park that they “closed” it to new guests by noon due to capacity. We “googled” that to see what capacity is at Magic Kingdom. Can’t get any clear answers but it might be somewhere in the neighbourhood of 100, 000 people!!! Very, very unsafe and made for the worst “theme park” experience ever.

The “fast passes” are a joke. You stand in line for 2-3 hours and watch as “fast pass” people walk up to the line and get on the ride. You can imagine the mood of the crowd. Somehow when you read WDW blurb about “fast passes” they don’t anticipate that those in the “stand-by” lines have to wait any longer. I counted the ratio of fast pass to stand-by people getting on rides- for one ride it was 200 fast pass to 10 standby. I know this as I had time to stand by and count and wait my turn.

In addition - charging us each $25 a day to park at each park daily in addition to the ridiculous cost of food... two hot dogs, 2 little bags of chips and 2 bottles of water for a mere $40 Canadian. I could go on and on but I have said enough. NEVER, EVER again. It is just about the $ and not about “happiness”. My kids will never go again they said. Not even when they have kids. There is absolutely no value for the $ you spend. It is truly a license to take people’s $.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Where to start?! Check-in: Caribbean resort... Staff was neither friendly or helpful. Would not accommodate us by allowing a cot in our handicapped room citing safety concerns that there was no room (there was plenty!). There should be more concern about safety in the parks which are so overcrowded that if there were ever an emergency the outcome would be disastrous. The lines: wait times for rides so long that I felt sorry for the parents who had spent money to bring their young children to Disney. Please bring your children somewhere they can enjoy themselves. Disney has lost their moral compass. Convinced that poor Walt is spinning in his grave at what money - hungry executives at DW have done to his once magical legacy.

Instead of building more attractions they so desperately need to accommodate the massive crowds, they are spending to construct two massive 1000 room hotels which will soon be completed. 2000 more disappointed families to cram into the already overcrowded parks... Staff in the parks: rude. At Splash Mountain one of the staff actually shouted at riders to "Hurry up and get off!" Magical. Bus waits: long like everything else. When I was there 10 years ago bus waits were about 15 minutes. Now they are 30-45 minutes. Forget park hoppers. There will be no hopping. Answer to this... Constructing a skyline to transport people to the park.

Looks like the ride will be 1/4 mile from some resorts. No thanks. I could continue but you get the point. Run away, don't walk, away from the least magical place on earth. At least until the incompetents running it fix some of the many many problems. I go on but you get the message. Do not waste your money at Disney unless you enjoy incredibly long waits, massive crowds.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Booked our package months in advance to spend vacation with family. Was promised a room next door to our family. Our room wasn't even in the same building!

Requested a room with 1 bed but got a room with 2 double beds. We had to sleep in separate beds for the first time in over 20 yrs. After complaining was told we could change rooms in the middle of the next day. Why would we take time away from being in the park to pack and change rooms? When we declined they asked our family to change rooms! If they had agreed it would have screwed the next family coming in!

Since they have all your money before you check in there is no reason to provide any customer service. It's all about the money. Parks were so overcrowded. We could only ride the 3 we had fast pass for. Who wants to wait 2-3 hrs. for a ride. Be prepared to walk 5 and up to 15 miles per day. And watch out for all the scooters carrying people who look no more disabled that I do and I walked! Food plan was great because the cost of food is really high. It is definitely worth it. Make sure to make dining reservations.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

The park was way too overcrowded as there was a little boy choking and there was no room for someone to go get help. This is a safety hazard to all of the guests. The prices within the park and resort were way too high. We had already paid more than plenty to stay at the resort and for tickets, so the food should be cheaper and the parking and the housekeeping at the resort should be included. Also, no one should have to wait 5 hours in line to ride a 1-2 minute ride. “Happiest Place on Earth” my **.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The parks were 3 times its capacity as per an employee said, some rides did not work properly. Way too many people. Very overpriced just because it's Christmas time. Walt Disney's vision was not to make money but for family fun. It's not at all my experience. Waited 3 hours for one ride!!! No place to sit and God forbid you sit on their props you have an employee screaming at you to get off!!! Very rude staff as well. Don't waste your money! Go somewhere else instead!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

We recently went to Disney world for a three-day visit. We had a huge imagination of magic to experience in Disney world, unfortunately, dealt with the bad experience especially the wait time for the rides, crowd management and food quality. Even simple ride for small kids takes ever get in and finally ended up with exhaustion and debating whether we need to go to another park the next day. I felt my money not spent well!!! Keeping aside bad experience but I would definitely rate animal kingdom park as a best one in the whole world and one should go for it with some patience.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I’ve been to Disney twice, the first time in 2008 and as recently as 12/28/2018. The waiting is out of this world, way too many people. The only 2 rides that my 9 year old was interested the most we didn’t even wait, with a more than 2 hours waiting time to get on. We traveled all the way from Connecticut for a really bad experience. I will never recommend this park to anyone. Overall Disney is overrated.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Like many other reviewers on this site I have been a long time Disney fan but have become disillusioned by the very poor quality of the parks. Walt Disney World is no longer a nice place to go for a family vacation. Having returned from our recent trip in October 2018 we have made up our minds that we will not be returning to Disney as there is no longer any magic left for us in the parks. The overcrowding is completely out of hand. It is not an enjoyable experience battling through crowds of cell phone zombies, dirty streets and washrooms and people openly smoking and spitting their chaw around the parks. The wait times for rides is completely unreasonable for people with children due to the high numbers of guests in the parks. Even with your limited number of fast passes (3) you simply can not get to the attractions that you would like.

On Halloween night you are required to pay extra to remain in the park and Trick-or Treat with your children. A very expensive night for those who go by the rules. Yet, many people going through the candy lines did not have the requisite bracelet on or have the Trick-or Treat bag provided by Disney. Many simply used a Disney shopping bag and the staff never questioned it. So we paid about $100 US ahead to stay in the park, on top of admission. As we are from Canada that cost does not include the exchange on Canadian to US money. So, Walt Disney Co, we will not be returning and I will be voting my Disney stock shares against the board this year.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs