2.83/5

Orlando, FL

365 Walt Disney World Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My boyfriend and I have annual passes. In the last 2 days we went to three different parks used our FastPasses or tried when we got to the parks it said that we were not linked up And that we had no tickets purchased. Mind you we have AP, when we got to the rides it then said that we didn't sign up for FastPass but when I show my phone app that we did it confirmed it but not at the entry. This happened 5 out of 6 times in 2 days, so Disney with all the money you make work on your website/app to make everyone's vacation easier. We all spend a lot of money to come here. At least save us some time when it comes to getting on rides, I've heard this from several other people. FastPass does not work to our advantage always and with all the people that travel from all over the world. At least give us a feature to save time.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

No military, senior citizen or handicap discount on one day tickets. All the rides had 60+ minute waits. It's just dropping money in a dark hole. Kids frustrated waiting all day. Just a horrific costly experience.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Every single thing reviewers are complaining about (price of food, price of tickets, price of hotel rooms, crowds, and long lines) are all easily researched to make an informed decision about whether visiting Disney is for you. We’re now on our 6th trip since February ‘17 and have had none of these issues. We monitor hotel prices religiously, know how much food costs thanks to Google, and reserve Fastpasses and gauge lines efficiently by using My Disney Experience. It seems there are a plethora of folks here that never did their homework expecting magic when they arrive unprepared. They are likely the same people that will never be pleased wherever they go.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Walt Disney World is the safest way to spend your vacation budget. Whether you want fun rides, delicious food, or glorious shopping, you'll find it on the Disney campus. I suggest that you use a specialized travel agency like Mickey Travels to plan your trip. Their service is free to you, as Disney pays them commission. So, you get expert advice and resort planning for free.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Disney requires a great deal of walking. A lot of time can be wasted waiting in line so FastPasses should be used when possible. Staying on Disney property is convenient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Surprised at how much Disney doesn't care. Use to be much better. All they care about is money. I know it's a business but the heart seems to have gone out of it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We were there in the summer June, and it was raining. There was nowhere to take shelter from the heat or the rain. I was very disappointed in the uncomfortable feeling we experienced when we arrived and our Costco reservations could not be found. It was up to us to find the details on the limited wifi.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Many of the rides were closed or down for repair, prices for food and drink are way overpriced for what you get, no refills on drinks like most restaurants outside the park. Can't bring in your own sandwich or water like you used to when the park first opened. And parking is now around $40 or higher, and they claim no responsibility for damage or break-in of your vehicle. I feel if I AM PAYING to PARK ON YOUR PROPERTY, then you darn well need to be responsible for damage to vehicles parked on or IN THEIR PARKING LOTS!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Really. I have no issues with the Cast Members as they are just accommodating for the overall management restructuring the company desperately needs now. We have two sides to everything and I am going to be honest. I took the Florida Plunge. Moved by Disney to be closer to the parks with my disability (Autism). The Cast Members are overall cheery until they have to deal with everyone. The Autism DAS program is just broken now for everyone. I just cancelled a Royal Table dinner over the situation. I am perfectly fine waiting within reason on the side sitting down for a ride since I am here. The issue is guests are trampling others - yes trampling with complete disrespect - even in the DAS queues (queues to get a return time). I choose to leave the park each time because the guests can run you down.

The Cast Members (CMs) are scared because of their management. They are scared to take action against the trampling and rude behaviors of guests. I get scared because of my Autism and just leave and cancel reservations. The guests are very rude. I walk away in a bad mood because there is nothing we can do about it with Autism! We have to make everyone happy; however, the management rather have someone with Autism that has been through a lot just leave the parks! Just leave! So other guests can continue to trample others and shove people with Autism down even when trying to see characters or go on park rides. It is disappointing overall! I get very upset and just leave the parks! That doesn't help anyone because I go home depressed! Very depressed! It is a two sided battle that never gets easier with visits! I shouldn't have to leave the park!

I also have left honest feedback - guests push and shove at the security lines which gives me a good idea of the day and that is your front facing Guest Relations. The Security CMs are the ones that technically greet you now and have to handle all the pushing and shoving! I get dehydrated just standing back while this goes on! Fast forward the lines are bad! When you get shoved over for a DAS return timeline to wait for an iPad to add to your RFID MagicBand or Card! Wow! Guests have no respect! I peacefully take my return time (or say Have a Disney Day) and go to Guest Relations to tell them what happened, give advise, have issues talking because I am overheated, and leave the park! I leave the park and cancel items which isn't right! I think about what happened and just jump to cancel or leave because the guests are so BAD and RUDE!

Yes Disney says it is "our society" but somebody needs to realize that if you don't help your guests than your Cast Members (CMs) are going to have bad days dealing with some of us. I admit based on my behavior accommodating others I could be considered a "treasured guest" because I question how I can't stand the other guests. Line control, management shifts/changes, or overall re-haul of lines and queues is much needed! Also when you have a line for DAS - add more ropes so people don't cut you off by shoving someone for a DAS return time. I am sure to return but since I lost Royal Table in this manic state it doesn't make the team happy at Disney nor my medical team.

Since the guests are the issues it makes the CMs upset and their valued guests. There are so many moving pieces that I think they need to revisit the management structure overall to address the obvious issues and bring back the Magic. The CMs will be unhappy with me even though I keep trying to push (keep moving) forward because each day they face a different challenge - is he going to be happy or upset? It all depends on the guests that push and shove me down. The front line cast members (CMs) make the difference. The management needs to actually revisit the whole DAS program. They should know who wrote this and how I try to help!

The guests make me have a bad day and we see me cancelling Royal Table because I can't go by rumors from the Hospital staff after the last DAS Dehydration incident at Frozen Ever After (FEA). They know who to call. I have a support system here in FL now and this started because of the parking lot and the three lanes of pushing guests in cars and people running in the exit and entry lanes without guidance from the Cast Members. I parked, as always way out from Medical with my surgery + autism + other items, and well I couldn't make it and became upset because I wanted to be with my friends.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Everything is very expensive, very crowded, Fastpass set-up did not work, a lot of attractions unavailable for Fastpass. We were told after the fact to set up that feature online early or before visiting the park.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Way too expensive and too crowded. If you do not have special access, you are at a disadvantage with too many folks going to the head of the line because they can afford it.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The animals were distant from the "Safari" ride. Not like a traditional zoo. Too crowded. Food excellent, if a bit pricey. Courteous staff. Hardly saw any mammals other than humans.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I went with my three year old grandson and he enjoyed it but at this age it was limited in what he could/would participate in and everything is very expensive.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

We felt totally welcome. Everyone treated us like we were the only guests. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special. We have been back several times and always felt the same way.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Disney is my most favorite place in the world. I go annually and have for over 20 years. Disney truly does make MAGIC and lasting memories. I never get tired of Disney.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

It's no secret that I hate going to amusement parks and would rather clean the house than go to an amusement park. Once in a lifetime is plenty... till my grandkids were old enough to go. I've had more fun taking my grandkids to Disney World than I ever had with my parents! The only issue is with the cost. While I'm a Doctor of Change Management, I handle mostly seniors, which doesn't pay much. Because of the prohibitive $450 per trip, I can only take them a couple times each year. I also have plans to bring a couple aging veterans who are on a retirement home. They have never been to Disney - anything and I would like to take them before they pass on.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Absolutely love everything about Disney! The hotel's food and shopping ❤️. They treat you like royalty and try to make your stay the best it can be! We go every 2 years and my kids are 17-19 and still love it!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The lines for rides too long. Overpriced everything! It’s a successful business; is it necessary to continue to raise prices? We took our kids 20 years ago, there were so much more without additional fees for water attractions when you purchase hopper passes. 3 day for 4 $1600, wow!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Disney World is unlike any destination around. There are options for all budgets and all tastes. 4 Parks, 2 water parks, lots of resort areas and shopping.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Always perfect! I go every year and Disney always goes above and beyond! They are extremely helpful in the resorts as well as in the parks. Halloween is the best time to go!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

A visit 30 years ago was the best vacation of my life. Did the whole week with 2 to 3 hours of sleep a night. It was fun when I was 14 but crazy fun at 24.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Our stay at Disney World has always been the best out of any other place we have stayed. Disney knows how to do customer service and how to make your experience the best you can possibly have. We go there at least every other year and will continue to go there.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The newer system at Disney for reserving rides isn't all that grand. The food was fair. Snacks were outrageously priced. Stroller parking has improved as well as scooter usage.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Walt Disney World is way too expensive! It seems to have deteriorated a bit in terms of overall quality... still, every kid should experience this at least once... both of my kids took advantage of the opportunity to go back and work there...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Everything is great except the cost. It's gone through the roof. I love Epcot the most for the science features and the international area. Best place to stay is the Contemporary do not need a car, transportation everywhere via various means.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We went to the water park with the winter theme. The lightning struck and we had to leave the park or wait until the weather cleared. It was also weird with the winter theme and hot as hell. Add bigger cool misters spraying.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

It is always packed with too many people you can not even walk, very few rides, long wait times. And everything is spaced way out. Nothing is close. Food is expensive as well.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The stay was not what I expected, rooms were not that good, customer service could be better, and for the price you pay, not equally fair... More of the staff should be more qualified in the park job as well.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

It was over 15 years ago - back then it was ungodly expensive (and I understand the rate has gone up even more now). For the amount we paid, the food should have been a lot better. The employees ("cast") were great, but the overall experience was not enough to bring me back.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Way way way overpriced... I am booked for January 2019 and we go every couple of years, but it is really ridiculous what they charge for park tickets. I would love to go more often, and bring family... we simply cannot afford it.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs