2. Travel

Orlando, FL

Walt Disney World Resort
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.04/5

Walt Disney World Resort Reviews

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

The overall experience is magical and takes you back to your childhood. You can enjoy every sight, sound, and scent all in a secure and safe environment. The food is delicious everywhere and it accommodates all palates from the very picky to the gourmet foodie. Every wish that you could dream can be delivered right to your resort door including ways to celebrate multiple different holidays. Transportation throughout the resort is easy and swift. Every employee is inviting and pleasant. Our family adores our Disney vacations especially with the ease of travel and Magic Band versatility.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

WDW is peerless. The staff are amazing and thoughtful and helpful. The parks have a quintessential knack to address even the smallest of details to help bring the fantasy to life. You never see trash anywhere in the park. As a parent of a child with a disability, the parks have programs that help accommodate people with special needs - and it is not letting them simply skip lines like some believe, but it's still meaningful to the individuals and family. With a variety of theme parks, water parks, resort hotels, pools, puttputt, golf courses, sporting events (ESPN, wide world of sports), nightly fireworks, shows, restaurants... it's a world in and of itself. The biggest drawback for Disney World is always going to be price, which goes up every year.

Get expert buying tips about Amusement Parks delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Beautiful theme park with plenty of great attractions. There are different parks you can visit, each with a different theme. You can enjoy the rides, meet your favorite characters, go shopping or enjoy a light snack. There are also numerous places to enjoy a delicious meal. The restaurants inside of the park are all themed, and have several options for kids, adults, and people with dietary preferences. Everything is clean and neat. Lines are long but you can download the Disney app the view ride times. The app will also show you a map with places to eat and hang out nearby. I highly recommend visiting Disney World.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

It is Disney so expect to be wowed. Would be nice if they had single rider lines for most rides including Avatar in Pandora as this would allow them to fill every ride every time and lower the lengthy wait times for the popular rides. They have time limited their Park Hopper passes, wish they would go back to unlimited time. Would be nice if they would give super discount admissions on really off visiting times. Expensive to take a family, and food on site can be expensive. They do have lockers and allow you to bring food in to the parks, just no glass containers or metal knives. Park employees (cast members) really work to keep the kids happy. Our granddaughter tripped and fell and they gave her a special drink to help her stop crying.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

When you go to these parks they are a lot of fun but the price is a bit over the top and most people can't afford that kind of amount especially when you have more than one child. I believe they have to do better with the amount of time people wait in these lines that just takes up too much time. There are solutions but you have people you pay lots of money to come up with these suggestions. Anyway those are probably two very good issues and I would put money most people think the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walt Disney?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I've been to Disney World 3 times over the past 20 years and am sad to say that this place is nothing like it used to be. This will be my 4th visit and I expected to wait in line but almost every ride/character had at least a 1 hour wait, most of them much longer. We went in the off season and this place was horrible. You don't get to do much except stand in line. To get on Rise of the Resistance you have to be at the park and get in a virtual queue. The queue opened at 8:00 and was full for the day by 8:02. Everyone in your party has to get on the app and try to get a spot. We had a 2 minute window. When I asked about it I was told to come back tomorrow and try again. The happiest place on earth told me to go away and come back tomorrow. The characters can no longer walk around the park. You have to stand in long lines to see them. Just to see Tinkerbell was a 90 minute wait.

If you are a smoker forget it. You have to leave the park and go back through security at the entrance to smoke. It's ridiculous. They don't need smoking areas everywhere but to actually have to leave the park and go back through security to smoke? Come on. I would suggest going to Universal Studios Orlando instead. The characters are walking around and interact with you. The wait times are reasonable. We were able to get through both parks, interact with multiple characters and ride almost every ride in two days. The Harry Potter area and rides are awesome at Universal.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I left Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom with a very bad experience. To have to pay such a high entrance fee and not be able to get into any of the highlight rides has much to be desired. The waiting time to get into the Avatar ride at Pandora was 6 hours. Now who seriously can wait in line for 6 hours to get into a 10 minute ride at most. Even purchasing the fast pass wristbands at 10am they were totally booked and could not accept more. I had not been to a disney park for almost 10 years, but my how things have changed. All the rides, even the least popular ones was a 2 hour wait. I am not going back ever and anyone who asks me about this park I will let them know not to go.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I am An annual pass holder. I do the monthly payments which is a nice option. I had a pass a few years ago which I had to give up for financial reasons and I paid off the contract before starting a new one and they keep blocking our pass because it’s getting mixed up with the old pass. It’s happened several times now and they don’t know how to fix the problem. It’s embarrassing when it happens because the cast members at the ticket window have been rude and we also have driven 3 hours to get there for them to not allow us in that we have to call the pass holder line. We pay a lot of money for the passes and quite a bit while in the parks to be treated this way and now they say that they can’t see our current account at all and unless we pay over 2000 dollars up front we can’t get the passes active again.

I have bank statements and our Disney app to show that we have been paying and that we have used the pass and they look at that and say nothing they can do. It’s like why did they even give the new pass at all and why were we able to go all those other times because we have had the passes since June. I have changed my mind about Disney being a magical place. It’s a greedy conglomerate and people should not waste hard earned money to be treated like garbage.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I just talked to a young lady that went above and beyond what I expected due to an unexpected problem with our arrival. Your staff does make magic truly happen!!!! I accidentally cut myself off from the survey at the end of the transaction and I just wanted you to know that everything was beyond what I expected. I will pass this on to others. Thanks to your wonderful staff willing to take time to answer all questions every time I called about something. Helen

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

The park is amazing. Both fun and lots of walking. However, I feel the entry price is very expensive, and the cost of food and drinks are far too expensive. It's great, fun and exciting for the young and teens. Should be more affordable for families.

Not sure about Walt Disney World Resort?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Walt Disney expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Walt Disney World has welcomed guests to its amusement parks and hotels for 45 years. Today, the four theme parks, two water parks and 25 hotels attract more tourists each year than any other vacation resort in the world.

• Variety: From tea with princesses to thrilling roller coasters, the four Disney amusement parks offer different activities for all types of travelers. Outside of the parks, guests can enjoy a visit to the spa, a day of golf or Disney Springs, a complex that stays open later than the amusement parks and offers shopping, live entertainment and world-class dining.

• Personalized and convenient: Technology helps guests plan their vacation. The My Disney Experience website and app allows guests to coordinate itineraries and manage reservations. MagicBands, a wearable technology, serve as hotel room keys, park tickets, and a form of payment in the parks. MagicBands also keep track of guests’ FastPass reservations, which lets them skip lines by reserving specific times to visit rides, attractions and character interactions.

• Resort options: Disney’s 25 onsite resorts offer options to accommodate any budget. While the value resorts have a lower price, they provide the same services as all the other resorts, and all five properties in this category receive high ratings from guests. All of the deluxe hotels are among the five percent of the 28,000 AAA reviewed hotels to receive a Four Diamond rating.

• Free transportation: All resorts offer free transportation to and from all Disney attractions. Different hotels provide different types of transportation, including buses, boats and the monorail, but all drop guests off just steps from the parks’ entrances. Free transportation is also available to and from Orlando International Airport on Disney's Magical Express Service, which even picks up guests’ bags at baggage claim and delivers them directly to guests’ rooms.

• Children’s activity centers: Four centers located on the Disney property offer secure and supervised activities for children between three and 12 years old. During the day, children can play games, watch Disney movies and complete craft projects, and in the evening, children enjoy science projects, cooking classes and visits from Captain Hook. These options allow parents to have a night out while kids have fun and make new friends.

• Best for: Disneyworld is best for all age groups. It caters to children and their families, young adults and couples.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team