VIP Travel Reservations Inc

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

40 VIP Travel Reservations Inc Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 25, 2018

On here you will read 5 star reviews. (I encourage you to do your research and read real-time reviews) for the sake of your upcoming trip. Here is a real time review... I should have really listened. For those of you who are traveling and looking for discounts and deals on a trip and you're interested in BookVIP. This is a VERY risky idea. I learned the hard way. After reading multiple and extensive reviews on negatives. I foolishly still booked with them. (Because I thought this is too good to pass up.). So let me tell you my very current and recent experience. 3 months before my trip I actually purchased a trip with BookVIP.

After the rep told me how great it was, how awesome it is, after confirmed availability. They charged my card for over $300. This included 4 days and 3 nights in Miami. I was satisfied with my purchase. UNTIL I called the hotel 2 weeks prior my stay that they supposedly had booked for me. Hotel confirmed multiple times that they don't see my reservation. I then called BookVIP back after being on hold with the reservations Dept for about 45 min. They told me, "I'm sorry." They are unavailable. I pressed my case on how BookVIP charged my card and even sent me a receipt. I told them why didn't they call me and tell me my room was unavailable...

They just kept apologizing over and over and over... but wouldn't issue an refund. They kept telling me it can be credited for another trip. (IF I TOLD YOU FIRE IS HOT AND IT WILL BURN YOU, WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME???)... BookVIP is that fire... and if you use their services you are at extremely risk of an unexpected un-guaranteed trip. If you read bad reviews... (BELIEVE THEM)... Go with your gut, this company is deemed bad... Believe the reviews... Once they have your money, they can care less of your trip/vacation... even if you get trip protection. (Read their fine print) A lot of stipulations... this a very recent review June 2018...

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I bought 2 weeks in 2015 for $856 and was told I could go to any place in Europe back to back within 30 months. I have it in writing. When I called to book, I was told that the new company bought the old company and they were no longer honoring back to backs even though I have it in writing and a contract. I then tried to make other accommodations through them and everyone including the manager, Jordan ** who promised they would call me back and/or email me and never do. I have called and emailed every day (sometimes multiple times a day) for a week and a half and no one is ever takes my call. Now I'm reading all these other complaints of fraud and I realize I will never get either my money back or my vacation. They are scumbags! Don't fall for this and don't ever do business with them!!!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Beware of Travel Smart in CHIC resort in Punta Cana - We were invited to a presentation in CHIC resort and Cesar was our rep. He started off nice, but as the pressure became intense and we declined...he switched. His director and another sales manager came in the room heavily debating with my husband. Accused us of lying about how much we spend on vacations each year and told Cesar he shouldn't have wasted his time with us. Right in front of us and then they proceeded to give him $100 cash.

They all tried to insult us repeatedly and every time I asked a question about how to book an immediate trip to verify the validity of the points, the director could not show me. He was only able to show one example which was completely overpriced and not discounted. The others he said the systems were down - come on! The only way to show me validity in the program by entering in real dates with a real vacation I wanted to plan and compare the prices and value, and he wasn't able to show me. Unbelievable. People need to ask these types of questions before making a decision. Always. You should physically be able to test the websites to see if their discounted program they are selling is worth it.

Honestly, the program is thousands of dollars and it's selling you a discounted program to use points and it has a yearly fee of $292. Honestly, based on what we saw, $292 per year is the value of this program. How is a top company all if a sudden running into technical issues when that is the determining factor in making their decision. Give me a break.

Cesar was upset that we didn't purchase as he also felt we took too long to make a decision. As a result, he didn't fulfill his obligation to follow through with the steps to complete our Saona Island excursion by not taking us to the Nexus group table afterwards. We had to call around after we got back to our hotel and were grateful that we connected to the original team and they physically brought us our ticket. Unbelievable that Cesar would have caused us to miss this excursion and ruined our trip. Which is another reason he needs to be put on blast. We ended up having a phenomenal time outside of that experience, but I truly hope no one experiences what we did with Travel Smart at the CHIC resort and Cesar.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The worst customer service ever! They hang up on phone, you will have to contact another agency (the actual resort). Most of them send you email to call to finalize the process or you will be charged when you get there, when you try to call good luck to find someone answer the phone or email. Then when you return to booking VIP to cancel they will tell you, "Good luck. It’s not refundable." It’s a scam!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Don't. They took my money and I was cheated! Either the locations had no availability or they don't allow single travel. Couples only!! No refunds and they were nasty!!! Couples only and you must do the timeshare meeting thing!! None of this is told until after you've paid!!! If you go to a location owned by one timeshare company that has multiple locations you can't visit the second location and my money was not returned!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VIP Travel Reservations Inc?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Me and my wife paid for a total of 3 trips which was a total of $730 and was told we can combine our trips if need be if we wanted to take a more expensive trip. Now they are saying we cant combine the trips or get our money back. These people are rip-offs, never will I shop with these people again.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Cancun Mexico trip - This was the worse trip through booking www.viptravelreservations.net. Don't do it. It's so bad and not cheap like they say. They get you in the end and never fly Spirit Airlines. You'll want to crush it, would be less painless.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Got a call from VIP services when we happen to be going to Las Vegas and they offered an incredible deal that supposedly never expired. Very cagey on the phone and not very nice, plus wouldn't answer simple "what's the catch" questions and wouldn't give us any info unless we booked with our credit card. We were reading reviews as on here as we were listening and determined they were a scam. We tried to end the call but they wouldn't stop talking, so we hung up. They then left an incredibly vulgar and hostile voicemail. Glad we hung up and didn't give them any info. Bullies and predators. Do NOT book with them.

Original review: June 11, 2017

It's a TIMESHARE RIP-OFF!!!! Complete BAIT and SWITCH fraudulent company. Once you "book" (which you really aren't "booked), you are asked to call into their center to answer many illegal questions. Married, income etc. Turns out you'll have to sit through a 2 hour presentation once you arrive at your destination (think bad timeshare tactics), and if you don't make over 85k a year, you're kicked out of the pool of folks who are even allowed to book (back to square one for vacation planning). Why ruin people's vacation with a lousy sales pitch lecture who can't really afford to buy their VIP "timeshares" anyway. By then I had already booked my flight. Had to go it alone to find a hotel 45 min from Cancun, down in Playa Del Carmen. VIP should be shut down ASAP by state, local, or federal officials. Next stop the BBB...

Original review: May 30, 2017

If I could give this scam of a company a -0 rating that would still be too good! Everything & I mean EVERYTHING that you've read from the other posters is 100% accurate. Long story short I made reservations with them w/o researching them. I had to contact them several times just to get my confirmation # & itinerary AFTER they would say, "Oh, we'll send it via e-mail" or "We'll send it through the mail." Of course it never came until I had to once again get them on the phone to find out what was going on & how I couldn't understand how as a business they NEVER have their ** together. Some lame got on the phone stumbling over his words saying how "WE" were going to find out what was going on. What's there to find out? Why does it take 30 min for something so simple?

I got on the phone w/ my credit card company who demanded that VIP RESORTS send myself & them the confirmation & itinerary now & if it was not to my satisfaction they (credit card company) were going to cancel everything. Well, I canceled EVERYTHING w/ that low budget company, got my money back from VIP, & immediately booked w/ a real 4 star resort. Do Not do business and give your hard earned money to VIP RESORTS! I was lucky everything turned out in my favor.

Original review: March 6, 2017

Where do I begin. First, say NO when and however you are contacted by VIP. Nothing but road blocks and "not available" when making your requests. When you finally do get a request confirmed, there is always an extra fee required that was not mentioned when you spoke. In my case it was the "spring break" fee for my reservation that was to begin on May 31st. Spring break on May 31st?? Really? Then there was the daily resort fee not mentioned. Never was confirmed into our first choice of resorts. And we made three different requests at three different resorts for three different travel times since November of 2016.

Finally, Las Vegas, at not our first choice of resorts, was the last straw when they hit us with the "spring break" fee. Call backs promised by them, never happened. We had to always initiate the calls. We've had enough. We cancelled everything. They have our money. A painful lesson for us. DON'T GET SUCKED IN. JUST SAY NO. You probably can do better on your own.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Age discrimination a violation of Law. I am 71 years of age and have an income of over 200,000.00 per year. I attempted to book a vacation through this time share promotional company and was told that I didn't qualify even though my wife is 56. I asked the reason for the age requirement and received no explanation. I told them I was going to report this as age discrimination and received a reply of "go ahead". I am healthy with no travel restrictions, no mobility restrictions. If this is not a case of age discrimination I don't know what is!! When I asked if I would be restricted if I was in a wheelchair I was told they have no accommodations for the disabled?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I booked a trip with specific dates and then went ahead and booked my airline reservations. Then I get a message that I need to call them to confirm my reservation. I call and they tell me they do not have any rooms available for my requested dates. I tell them I've already purchased non-refundable airline tickets and they place me on hold for 12 minutes, then get back on the phone and apologize there is nothing they can do. I ask to speak with a supervisor and the sales rep tell me they will tell me the same thing. I again state that I bought non-refundable tickets and they offer to change my dates. Really??? I ask again to speak with a supervisor and they put me on hold for another 10 minutes then the phone is disconnected. I decided to call up the airline. Luckily I book direct with the airline. They were able to cancel my reservation because it was within 24 hours of booking. The website is still showing availability on the dates I booked.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Booked with them. Went through all the requirements I.e. age, income and marital status as cohabitating. I agree and sign electronically. Dude says "you're good to go. You will contact you with confirmation call." Then says "oh yeah there's a 20 dollar a day fee for tips for staff and such." I say "you never told me that." He then proceeds to say "oh my bad. I forgot. That's my fault. I apologize." I kept questioning why he never told me and he kept saying I forgot. That should have been the first sign. So I get a callback and the VIP person says "there a problem. The resort will not allow you because you don't make enough money combined." And we didn't live together long enough. Which is **.

They lied and said we told the sales agent at VIP only make 70k a year when I specifically said we make over a hundred K a year. Then the guy goes on to say "well you told the sales agent you have only been living together for 2 years and you have to be living together for 3 years." I specifically told the VIP agent we were only together for 2 years. So we couldn't go and they would not refund our money. Said they would give a store credit. But with all the bad reviews. I'm not holding my breath. Looks like they find any way to disqualify you after you paid so they can keep your money.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

In July 2016 I signed up for a trip in October but two weeks before trip date I get a call saying that the motel is going through renovations that weekend. Not having good luck with the company so far! They offered to put me in a cheap crappy looking hotel instead but I declined after looking at a picture and reviews. There is no others motels that are available for those days and most of the motels on their website are booked up for a while. I only have a debit card so there are not very many hotels to choose from because of that reason too.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

Their services are very poor. They never have dates that are needed for customers' convenience. I have put in three cancellations starting in August. I never received back my payment. I called the office directly numerous times. The system is always down. This company is a fraud, and I will never recommend these travel agents to anyone. I will never use these agents at all. Please send me my ** money back! This is a rip-off.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

There is something fishy with this company. Booked online for a 3 day weekend in Orlando and paid online with my Amex. After pressing the "Confirmed" button, I get a message to call a toll free number to confirm the reservation. During this conversation it is revealed that it was a timeshare deal. I was still willing to do it. I always tell them I am in bankruptcy and not allowed to purchase anything. Things got weird for me when the guy tells me that they can not bill my Amex card. They need a Visa or MasterCard. I personally do not trust any major business that will not accept Amex. I always use my Amex when I am unsure because they don't play around with fraudulent activity. When the guy said he couldn't take my card, I told him goodbye. Beware of this place!!!

Original review: July 30, 2016

After placing a request for a vacation on July 5th. We were charged on our credit card. On July 11th we were told we didn't qualify and we told them to just refund our card. On July 30th still no refund so I called them. They said the credit was to use with them not on our credit card. We do not want a credit with them... We DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR PROGRAM. WE WANT OUR CREDIT CARD REFUNDED.

Original review: July 14, 2016

DO NOT USE this COMPANY!! I found an incredible deal, and as you have probably heard before they try to get your debit card to steal your money. After they get, if you don't have a major credit card or are over 59, (which is pure and simple age discrimination), they will not let you check into the resort. This is pure and simple fraud. DO NOT USE this THIEVING COMPANY!!! After they got the money they told me that I had to be married with our same addresses on the license. I am going for the fraud division of the US district attorney's office...

Original review: May 12, 2016

After receiving a call from a representative by the name of Eric, he presented to me a incredible deal!! He went on to tell me it was on behalf of the HILTON and that this was for a VIP members only and I needed to buy it at the time of the call. He also said the package was around $600.00 but he could get it down to $400.00. I told him I don't usually buy things VIA phone and needed something to review. He then gave me the website above. I immediately looked it up for bad reviews. He ensured me that they were NOT the same company listed on consumer affairs! Lo and behold I read a review that said otherwise!! Well 45 minutes later I told him that I was going to pass! His reaction told it all!! He yells, "So you're not going to buy it?" My response was, "No not at this time". He goes on to blow hardly on the phone and said "OK" and hung up in my face! Clearly they have no ties to Hilton.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Have tried to call Phillip at VIP Travel Reservations Inc to make a reservation and company has failed to answer my calls. Employees name is Phillip and company website is www.viptravelreservations.net.

Original review: May 5, 2016

This company has now rebranded their website as of early March 2016: http://specialvipoffers.com/. Same "deal" as before: Won't provide anything in writing until you make a purchase. They claim they can't send you anything because it's such a special deal... However, they can send it to you afterwards? That makes no sense. Don't trust a brand that changes every few months.

Original review: April 19, 2016

Made Online Purchase had to call to confirm. When I called they said I had to have a 90 minute tour of the hotel and pay an additional $23.00 a night to stay which none of this was mentioned in the online advertisement. This is crap and they try to get you on the hook by making you call so they can hit you with the real deal... Never will fall for that again... False advertisement.

Original review: March 2, 2016

I purchased a vacation from VIP Travel and was not advised of all of the requirements that needed to be met. From fee to fee and upgrade to upgrade. I was not informed like most of you, this was not a vacation. It's a timeshare presentation and you are not really all inclusive. You have seminars you have to go to and you don't get exactly what you paid for. I was to get 6 days 5 nights... Well you know that didn't happen. I ended up being booked for 5 nights 4 days. They say the resort does not do 6/5. So please explain why they sold me a 6/5, because they are fraudulent. So, I have contacted an attorney and am seeking help from all of you as well. I am trying to have VIP Vacations, Tours R Us, and American Vacations shut down permanently.

There are too many people being taken advantage of and we need to put a stop to it. What is legally single? The hotel asked was I informed that. No, not at all. Didn't know being single was illegal. I am contacting all reports that deal with these companies to inform them of what they are dealing with. I have 2 hotels looking into the matter and need all of you to not give up. Don't give up your money to these scam artists. Fight for what you believe in. Get with someone who can help.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2016

I was very busy on Feb. 16th. Drinking too much. Made the mistake of agreeing. Kept switching me to different pushy fast talking associates. What a mistake. Canceled my credit card, closed debit card, and checking account. What a pain. Still got burned for over $500.00. Hang up. Keep away.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2016

We unfortunately booked a vacation through this awful company. After not getting details about where we were staying, I called. I was told we were in a hotel room not the resort they had previously told us. I was told for $100 more they could "upgrade us" to the resort. I gave them my credit card over the phone. Never heard from them again about where we were staying. Called several times and they said they would email which never happened. We had to cancel the vacation because my wife has cancer and is having an operation.

When we discussed the $100 they said they had charged the card but have no record of the charge. The owner was loud, abrasive, and confrontational with my sick wife and also with me. Absolutely refused to email me details of what happened to the $100. I am very concerned about identity theft - should never have given them my credit card over the phone. Try AAA, Expedia, or a legit company -- not this deceptive flim-flam company.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2016

Booked a trip with VIP Resorts for next week. My husband just called to make sure everything was in order for our trip. They said there was no reservation because we did not confirm. Here we are today, holding the written confirmation in our hands. In addition we had to pay close to $900 to reserve the confirmation. They are telling us we can use the $900 as a credit at another time because our money is not refundable. THIS IS A SCAM. STAY AWAY FROM VIP RESORTS!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Received a fax at work with all inclusive special. Called number on it and was told that for 2 people $385 I had a yr to book travel to several islands including Hawaii which I so wanted to go to. No blackouts except holiday and all I had to pay was $99 each for booking and airfare which they could provide 50% off. Went to book Hawaii and was told it was for couples only and had to prove residing together. Then months later went to price for Dominican Republic and was told that they didn't have any rooms only upgrade which would cost me an additional $249. Decided to wait until before it expired.

Called again and this time was told that Jan & Feb were peak months so it would be $99 each to book, $99 each for peak season plus the $249 resort fee. I said it was bizarre and asked about FL destination and she said all travels would be same price. I'd have to also pay for airfare and all she could do was extend my package another 30 days which didn't help at all since peak season was until May. Needless to say it was no special but a scam. They never said any of that when I purchased package and refuse to refund my money!!! Scam and shameless! DON'T DO IT!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2015

Husband received flyer for something I was very skeptical of. Because I wanted to travel to Cancun, and the deal was amazing I called. I gave them the date which was less than 30 days from the date of my call. They said yes, they had availability at the resort I wanted. So I said yes, and they charged my credit card. The E-sign reservation request came, which was almost impossible for me to open... When I finally did, I noticed they put the date as 1 year from my requested date. I said, "Hey! I am going in less than 30 days". They said they could correct that but I had to wait for the final confirmation which could take up to 72 hours. So 2 days later I called. Amazingly they said they could still get me to Mexico, but in a different resort which was less than 1 star on everything I checked. I told them "No, I was told the Riu was available, and that's what I wanted". They then said I had 1 year to travel, so use it later. What??? I need it now.

They added that the minimum number of days is 30 and my request was less than that. I said "Exactly, you should have never processed" and that I felt the arrival date they put of 2016 was obviously their attempt at getting it through. In addition, they said if I blocked my credit card they would send a collection and put on my credit report. When I checked their terms and conditions they said the date of travel had to be within 1 year. Well, the date they put on the receipt was over that 1 year requirement of their own. They would not refund me, and I should have gone ahead and had my credit card company reverse the charge. Oh, and 1 month later they tried to put through another charge of the exact amount, but my credit card company caught it as fraud. Still out $385, but DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I completed my stay at the Occidental Allegro in Cozumel. Travel VIP used false advertisement. The deal was a 5 day vacation in a 4 star resort with up to 50% off airfare, and transport to and from the airport. The air fare was the same price as going through the airline directly. When arriving there was no transportation to the resort. No one knew who Travel VIP was and described it as probably a fly and buy. In the extremely old room, the bed was horrible, the toilet seat was broken, the AC was very loud, the pool had a plastic cover silicone to the bottom. Someone in the same complex found a 4" black scorpion in their room.

We did the presentation the next day in the resort next door, the Occidental grand. This presentation was not mentioned until I had already paid $350. The hotel also required that no activities be planned on the day of the presentation so our 5 day vacation was only 4 days. We told the staff at the Grand about the Allegro. They said there was a fire last year and it shouldn't even be open. They also said it is a 2 star hotel at best. We paid $70/night to switch to the Occidental Grand which is a 4 star resort. Three other couples we met at the Allegro also moved to the Grand because it was so disgusting. Don't fall for this scam! I could have bought this vacation on Bookit.com for less money and not have to waste a day moving and listening to a presentation!

Not sure about VIP Travel Reservations Inc?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Agencies for you.

VIP Travel Reservations Inc Company Information

VIP Travel Reservations Inc
www.viptravelreservations.net

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business