Venere.com

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Prices terrific! However sloppy ticketing with important info missing caused much concern & confusion. Five international phone calls from me to sort out plus phoning Visa to lodge a transaction dispute & cancel visa card left me wrung out. Now all is resolved. Gave them 3 stars because I did end up with what I paid for But would I use them again?!

My name is Jason ** and I'm a very dissatisfied customer. My cousins contacted me while they were on their road trip and said they would be in Las Vegas in less than 24 hours. I then took to the Internet right away to book a room. I was disgusted to find all the taxes and resort fees which represents over 30% of the total spent.

Upon getting into a room, there were two queen beds as advertised online. When we requested an additional bed, they sent us extra towels. Upon 2nd request, they said at the hotel that there would be an additional charge and then when we went downstairs to the front desk they said they would not even put it in the room even if we paid because of the fire code. Who researches the fire codes of the ** hotel before booking it on the ** internet? I booked a room for three people and instead, I became educated in the fire code of the Palace Station in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thanks again... Venere.com... not! Also, contacted customer service by way of India and got disconnected three times. Finally, it seems as though the customer service agents really have never heard the expression "The customer is always right!" Gave very semantic answers and did not seem to want to help and put some interest into this situation. Video review to follow.

I had booked a hotel on 4 Oct. 2015 for 6 Oct. 2015 to 9 Oct. 2015. They gave me confirmed booking but at hotel there was no booking & throw me out then transfer me another hotel but in 4 days they don't confirm my booking. At last on checkout time they making me problems regarding payment from moving 9 to 2 pm. No result. Please stop this company to work in India. They are robbing the people.

The two complaints we had are the shower water was FREEZING the evening I tried to take a shower and the internet never worked right every time we tried connecting. Hotel of this quality and price should not have such problems.

I recently booked accommodation with Venere.com and they have deducted more money than what was needed. I have emailed them several times and have not heard from anyone!! This is ridiculous! I have had responses from the hotels but not the booking guys. I am so irritated and just want an answer and a refund of the extra that was taken. The Hotels has mentioned that Expedia paid for the accommodation and said that I need to contact the company I was dealing with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Venere.com?

We booked a 3 star accommodation through this company with a non-smoking room. They booked us into a smoking room on the second floor of a hotel with no elevator access. After checking in we complained to management and they said there was nothing they could do they were booked. We asked if there would be sufficient parking and were assured there would be.

There are no handicap parking spaces in the whole area where our room was located and there were signs posted that they had parking enforcement. When we returned to the hotel there were no spaces to park near our building and several people were double or triple parked. I immediately went to the front desk which is located in a separate building and informed them of the situation to which they told me they wouldn't do anything. Called this pos company and have not spoken to 2 different people and been on hold for almost 1 hour trying to have them refund my money. Guess I'll be contacting your attorney general's office to seek prosecution of them.

Made reservation for 3 star Hotel next to ocean. Turned out to be next to sewage treatment plant!!! After 10+ hours on phone, unable to get Venere to refund Hotel charges for room unable to stay in, I had to dispute charges through my bank. They are unhelpful, rude, non-understanding, incapable, & despicable liars, cheats, frauds.

Appears to be a bait and switch. Their site lures you in with attractive and competitive prices for accommodations near popular locations, but when you are at the last step of the booking prices (where credit card info is entered), if you aren't careful, you won't notice that they inconspicuously tack on additional "fees" that the hotel will collect from you at checkout. In my case, it was a "hotel-imposed fee" that was more than the total room rate advertised, and there was also additional local tax. Ridiculous. If I didn't notice this before hitting send, I would have been obligated to pay this and no cancellations would be allowed. How can anyone legally be allowed to advertise a daily rate, and then tack on "additional fees" that are higher than the daily rate??? They must be stopped!

I am now really appalled by the changes. When trying to talk to their customer service, they could not find my reservation made through the new website. They could not access the site or my reservation. The representative was certain that I did not have a reservation, but was not willing to send a notification in writing. After wasting a fair amount of my time he was eventually able to find the reservation, only upon my insistence that I had a reservation. This error on Venere's site could have cost me a fair amount of money and frustration. That this is incompetence of the highest degree is an understatement.

Booked my stay with trivago where venere picked up my stay with the best rate at $79.00. Chose to pay at hotel option. I read the cancellation policy and agreed that I could not cancel my stay on the same day. Hotel that I confirmed for clearly showed name of hotel as the Marriott suites medical center Dallas Tx. It also had a picture of the hotel with the 15+ floors with pictures of all the amenities rooms and so on. I thought this was a great rate since rooms usually don't go for these rates especially during market days in Dallas where we were exhibiting.

To my surprise Marriott had no clue of our reservation and upon further review I discovered they had actually booked us at a Marriott courtyard across town and was not revealed only after they had my credit card info. The manager was not terrible and did offer us his best rate of $119.00. I refused it because I remembered the cancellation policy I had agreed to.

We raced across town and checked in to the courtyard by Marriott and got a very substandard moldy smelly room. I called venere and they offered to help by canceling my room for a $52.00 fee. They also tried getting me a room at my original hotel for a rate of $482.00 I again refused. I told them that this was all a big scam as far as I was concerned. They said they were sorry and that it wouldn't happen again. I dealt with 3 different individuals. The first one was Marriott where my original reservation was. He said it wasn't their fault it was out of there control. The second was the courtyard by Marriott, said she was sorry but out of her control and that is why we shouldn't deal with 3rd party websites. I told her that I knew exactly what I was paying for and that all parties involved stood to make money on this bait and switch. The question was who was responsible?

The 3rd person was the poor person answering the call for venere and is probably getting $10.00 a day for covering for her superiors who clearly violate all forms of contracts through their websites. I have a business of my own and if I make a mistake and my customers have lost I will completely make it right for them for it is in my best interests to do so. Who are these people that can get away with this? Take your business elsewhere.

I had made a booking for the Rayland Epsom hotel at 11.45pm on Saturday night and their system had crashed while waiting for the vendor to accept the room. Since there was no confirmation I went and booked another room through Expedia (the owner company). I get to work today to find that my account had been charged and then reversed and then charged and I go on their booking site which confirms, which my booking was confirmed at 4am. (Did not request this time and was already sleeping.) I had called their Aussie customer service team and also the Italy team and what a joke of a service, they had no interest in helping, or even to acknowledge the problem and now I am down $139.00 to my account and still no hotel room. This customer is a joke.

On May 19, 2015 I made a reservation through Venere, which is part of Expedia, for 2 night stay at America's Best Value Inn in Prescott, AZ and got confirmation # **. It was long weekend and we packed the car and tried to get the direction on our GPS and it was not coming on. We tried the site # that was on the reservation, phone rang for a long time with no answer. I called Venere's customer service, and spoke with ** and **, both were unable to get an answer from the hotel. I was put on hold for more than 2 hours and half my day was gone. I was told they will cancel my reservation without any penalty and my credit card will not be charged.

3 hours later I found the reservation was still active. So I talked with ** and ** who said he is the supervisor and both assured me the reservation is cancelled with no penalty. When I asked for a cancellation # I was given the same reservation# and their main office is closed for the weekend and will be open only on Monday 25th. This is a company that should be shut down and fined. Their customer service is horrible and based in India.

Consumer Increased Rating!

It took me a while to resolve my issue but finally it was resolved through a persistent e-mail to Venere.

tony of Surrey, BC on

Original Review

On May 2, 2015, I contacted Venere.com to inquire if they price match with other competitor, and they agreed to price match. So I booked 3 nights at Vacation Rental Apartments Sata Olympic Village Area in the amount of $ 262.86 CAD instead $244 CAD. I am aware that this is non-refundable. Also the call center advised me that the adjustment for competitor price match ($262.86 - $244 = $18.86) in the amount of $18.86 will be refunded 4 days from that day I called. Until now I have not received yet.

On the same day, I received all the confirmation from the Venere.com including the price that we agreed. May 5, 2015, they overcharged me $284.75 CAD in my credit card. I contacted the call center. They said the hotel charge directly to me in their own way and the conversion rate is not the same because it is non-refundable which not right. They did not told me that the price they quote me might not the same. Likewise they did not told me that the hotel will directly charge me in different rate at all. Their Supervisor will not talk to me because they are busy which is very bad service when you are already paid. They advised me to deal my issue directly to the hotel. Please please do not deal this Venere.com. It is not worth it. They do not help you at all after you paid.

This company set me up. I paid for hotel but when I got there they charged me again, be aware I was never told this. I'll never use this scam again. Oh yes when you call it's impossible to reach anyone.

I booked a hotel with Venere for the days March 15-18 in Las Palomas resort. When I arrived, Las Palomas had no idea I was coming and said Venere had never informed them that I had a reservation. I had double checked on my reservation with Venere and had even received multiple confirmations. Stressed out and wanting to get my room I called Venere and no one seemed to be able to help me. Their representatives didn't seem... One representative said that he would cancel my reservation with no cancelation fees because there had been a glitch and that I would be able to get a complimentary stay. This was false because the guy he transferred me to said it was impossible, I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for an hour and a half.

Not only did I not have a room at this point, but I was waiting on the phone and had lost an entire day of my vacation because of your company (not even to mention money). Because I thought that I had a reservation, I had to pay more money to get a sudden room, also I had to pay over 200 minutes in roaming calls because I was in another country. I tried emailing them about it and didn't receive any compensations for the whole fiasco. Venere is a place that just scams people who are simply trying to enjoy their vacations.

At Hôtel Mercure Lac du Maine in Angers, we discovered that the room we booked via Venere wasn't at all conform with a four stars label. The room was very small and rather deteriorated (toilets, windows, bathroom). We asked another room because I am suffering from claustrophobia. The lady at the check-in told us that all the rooms were the same. So I asked to cancel our reservation for the rest of the week. I had to ask the manager, who refused to repay our room arguing that it was Venere that should repay us. At the help desk of Venere they told us that it was the manager who had to agree and that he didn't.

When I asked an invoice for the global amount we paid, the manager refused it arguing that it was Venere to give us an invoice. Venere collected the amount for a four day stay in Angers. We were absolutely not satisfied and we informed immediately the hotel staff. The room was very small and rather miserable for 4-star hotel. From the moment you say that you are not satisfied, people become unpleasant. So, who will pay us back? A few good advices: 1. don't go to the Hôtel Mercure Lac du Maine Angers, the Mercure hotel in the city is much better and friendlier; 2. don't book via Venere, at booking.com you pay in the hotel so you can see first if the room is ok.

I received my hotel confirmation from the website for Tampa, Florida and after 22 hours in transit I arrived to the same hotel which did not have this booking! I was very tired, angry and embarrassed in front of my travel partners! I showed the hotel Embassy Suites the booking number and website and they said, "No. This is not a correct booking number and we don't know that online company!" So very upset! This company also have not answered my email of complaint either! DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH THEM!!! WARNING WARNING!!

Our hotel was not at all what was promised. We called for a total of 4 hours the first day, 1 1/2 on the second day and hours the consecutive days after switching our reservation. We finally got a hold of them at 1am the day after we came home. Not only did we have to pay double for our stay, they are trying to make us pay the original hotel as well. I could not understand the person I spoke with, asked for a different person or a supervisor and I was told no. I have emailed, called and left messages and still no results! They will leave you high and dry but not before taking your money.

The site is a nightmare! Cannot get a confirmation after booking. They are an affiliate of Expedia and they asked us to call the UK to confirm. We have called 5 numbers and each re-routes to India who is utterly useless. I will now call my credit card company and halt payment.

I recently booked a 3 day stay at Westgate Resort and Spa through Venere. They immediately sent me a confirmation number via text (NOT EMAIL, even though I requested it be sent to both!) AND billed me $370.00, but when I called the actual resort's number, they said they could not use the reference/confirmation # venere gave me, because it doesn't show in their system. A little discouraging but I asked her to check under my name. When she did this the room/payment was NOT CONFIRMED, and funny thing was she said it was through expedia not venere.

Needless to say I found a more credible, LOCAL agency in Gatlinburg to go through. I cancelled my reservation with Venere, and they said it would take 24 days or more to get my refund? >:( I also verified my email and phone number for the second time so they could send me a cancellation receipt. Two days later I still had received nothing from them, yet when I booked they immediately sent me a text? I called AGAIN, verified everything AGAIN, but this time I asked how long it would take for my refund, and they told me at least 30 days! (Their refund policy says UP TO 10) ONCE AGAIN I requested a cancellation receipt, NOTHING.

I researched further and found a lot of people who have had similar problems, and some who didn't get their money back at all. I filed a fraud report at my bank because they will still not give me any definite answers, nor will they give me a damn receipt. DO NOT USE VENERE! I WOULD CONSIDER IT FRAUDULENT/INCOMPETENT.

I booked a 4* hotel in Austria at Venere.com. Venere.com sent a confirmation immediately. I forwarded the confirmation directly to the hotel. The hotel did not know of any booking or reservation. The hotel did not have any rooms to book because the planned date was end of December 2014 for 1 week. Normally all 4* hotels in that city are completely booked out during Sylvester. So I called my bank account manager and I disabled the credit card. Venere.com did not answer any requests. 2 days before the planned journey, Venere.com sent an email.

They said the hotel was overbooked and they offer another hotel. It was an ugly 3* hotel far away from the place I would like to go with my family. The other hotel did not have any spa. Because my credit card was already disabled, Venere.com was not able to debit the card account. If you Google about Venere.com, you'll find a lot of people with the same experience at Venere.com. Many people lost money. From my point of view Venere.com is fraud. Be careful and better use other portals.

ON THE 8TH SEPT I booked a hotel in Dublin for the 27th Oct to 28th Oct. When I checked the confirmation from Venere it stated that I booked 28th Oct to 29th Oct. Thinking that I had made a mistake, I called the hotel and was told rather rudely that I could only alter the date by contacting Venere directly, even though they had plenty of availability AND MY CARD HAD BEEN CHARGED THE FULL AMOUNT. It seemed a simple task to change to my required date which was only a day out, But no help from hotel.

Eventually I got in contact with a rep from Venere who was located in INDIA who could not understand basic English. I was informed that he could change my booking but it would cost more as the price of the hotel had gone up, even though when I checked the hotel website the price was the same. This was 6 weeks prior to the date. After a lot of hassle I agreed to the new price as I didn't want to disappoint my wife. Now 2 days before we are due to arrive, got an email confirmation from VENERE stating that I was booked from 27th to 29th Oct. PEOPLE DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND AVOID VENERE AT ALL COSTS. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

I booked hotel for my wife and daughter in Barcelona from 11th to 13th of October 2014. The booking was complete on 8th of October 2014. Credit card details were provided for the booking, validated and confirmed by e-mail from Venere.com with reservation number. Again, I just did reservation for my wife and daughter. The stay would be paid my wife with her credit/debit card or cash. On arrival to the hotel (on 11th of October 2014) my wife was informed the booking was cancelled by Venere.com. I contacted customer service of Venere.com and got explanation. They checked balance on my credit card late evening on 10th of October and found it is insufficient to cover cancellation costs.

They cancelled the reservation and sent e-mail. Indeed there was e-mail with the notice at 09:04 pm 10th of October 2014. I have verified once more their terms and conditions and found no indications on such rules for customers. Cancellation from their side is not described (and even mentioned) neither as booking/cancellation condition nor in general terms and conditions. There is no any statement the credit card used for the booking must have sufficient balance to cover cancellation costs on particular date.

My family and I had planned a weekend getaway from new jersey to mount pleasant south Carolina. Reservation was made confirmed and paid for in advance so when we got to the hotel we could just check in and go to our room and relax from an 11 hour drive from new jersey to south Carolina. Granite when we got to the hotel. We were greeted beautifully until I gave my reservation number and front desk agent stated that there was no reservation for us at their hotel. Showed them my email and they showed me that the reservation made was made to another hotel in Texas and not the hotel we made it for. I was furious, has to call venere.com and explain the situation.

Guest rep that took the call was rude arrogant and in trying to get our problem resolved he rudely hung up on me. I called back and spoke to guest rep #2 and he was very apologetic but my problem didn't get resolved at all. Other than getting a full refund and an attitude from these people they did not get us a room at the hotel we were suppose to stay in. Stating that he called the hotel for availability and lied because the phone call was never made. 2nd new reservation was never made. Continuous attitude on something that wasn't our fault as front desk rep stated to us that this was the 5 or 6 time venere had screwed up somebody's reservation and not handled it properly... By this time I was furious.

I finally was given a full refund for the hotel and had to put my family back in the car and after driving 12 hours almost to the hotel, we now drove 12 hours back home. They didn't accommodate us with a room. Our trip was ruined and my family and I will never use this booking agent again Ever.. Poor customer service. Very poor attitude when the error was made by them not me. And never at one time tried to make sure we were taken care of with a room and the hotel we was suppose to stay at. This was a horrible experience for me and my family. We will never use this booking agent again and have also informed family and friends about this incident. Hope your happy venere.com. Another family vacation ruined by your stupidity. Totally disgusted. Hope y'all can sleep at night because we sure didn't driving home for almost 12 hours.

I enjoy the VENERE services for more than one year and tonight I had my only bad experience. I made the reservation from the internet for the Hôtel Hotel Le Chantereigne for 8th august, 2014. We arrived at the hotel around 22h and nobody were at the reception. We knocked and nobody showed up. I demand immediately the cancellation because the Hotel closed the doors before the expected time.

Venere does not appear to provide access to users who booked a hotel through them to post reviews. I recently booked two nights at a hotel in Nice, France. The hotel presented one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had. (I've traveled extensively for about 40 years both across the U.S. and internationally.) Verified users should be able to provide feedback about their experiences, as does Amazon. Hotel in reference: Hotel Little Palace, 9 Avenue Baquis, Nice, France.

It is interesting and amazing that a hotel I want to book is sold out, yet Venere.com has availability and they want me to pay ahead of time and take my money for a hotel that is completely sold out??? I called the hotel to find out if a room was available. They said no. I replied Venere.com has availability but again they said there are no vacancies for my dates. They advised me to wait to see if there will be any cancellations and not to use Venere.com because other guests have encountered problems.

While trying to cancel a reservation that was created in error, Venere.com was unhelpful. The date of the reservation was not what I thought I had booked. After my third phone call where they (Venere.com) blamed the hotel, Holiday Inn Express, for the problem I asked to speak to a manager or a phone number for someone else to deal with customer complaints. They told me I could not speak to a manager and there was no phone number to give me. After my becoming very insistent the operator gave me an email address in which to submit my complaint and they would review it. Still waiting to hear. I will call this company every day to complain and my credit card company to dispute the charges. I talked with the hotel twice and they insist it is Venere.com who makes the charges and is responsible for the refund. Finger pointing on both sides!

I booked and pre-paid $478 for 2 nights in a hotel room on the Gold Coast. To book, I went to Trivago.com and was steered to Venere.com where I booked the room. On the day of the booking, we left home by car at 8 a.m. and received an e-mail at 10 a.m. to say our room was not going to be available as the hotel was already full. We had almost arrived by then and we were left at the reception with 6 people to find a new room and I spent nearly 2 hours on the hotel's phone (Expedia, hotels.com. and Venere all seem to be the same entity answering the same number we were given in the e-mail). When we were cut off they did not call back. Nobody seemed to accept the blame for the mistake and we were transferred several times. The 10 a.m. e-mail (from Hotels.com) said they would refund us but it has been a week and nothing has happened. I have called several times and have been given two case numbers - each time they say the procedure wasn't followed and they would fix it but they haven't. And I still haven't been refunded.

I booked a hotel through Trivago, but was quietly detoured to Venere.com for the actual booking. The next day, I needed to change the reservation. The online services do not allow you to make any adjustments to your reservation, or even cancel it -- you have to call their Customer Service number. When I called, I was put on hold twice while they checked with the hotel. First, the agent could barely speak English and got my information wrong. Then he told me that the rate had changed, and I would have to pay the higher rate since I was changing my reservation. I asked to then cancel the reservation. Again, I was put on hold, then told that they could not refund my money. They blamed the hotel for this policy. I called the hotel who told me that they do not have any such policy -- that it was Venere.com's policy to not refund my money. I called back, only to get the runaround again. I had to call my credit card company to dispute the charge, which they agreed to do after getting the same run-around that I got. DO NOT USE VENERE.COM.

Venere.com Company Profile