Little Rock, AR

1.3/5 (103 ratings)

About Vacation Tour & Travel

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2011

I did not buy the insurance, which was a mistake in hindsight. We paid as much in inflated taxes and port fees as what a cruise would cost on our own. When we had to cancel due to a family member becoming critically ill, we were out all the cost of the "free cruise".

Carnival said we should get the taxes and port fees that were prepaid refunded, but since we signed up through VTT we did not get anything back. After reading the other comments, I am actually glad we did not go to a lengthy timeshare presentation.

I will never do business with this company again. I wish I had done due diligence in research before signing up.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2011

A vacation tour and travel agency contacted my husband Paul about this great deal they had for him. After turning them down repeatedly, they said, "Fine sir, if you spend $179.00, we will give two nights in a hotel in Las Vegas, $25 bass pro gift card, additional $25 bass pro gift card for Sunday through Tuesday arrivals, 4 day carnival cruise, all of your delicious meals, 24 hour stateroom service, and spectacular entertainment." So, Paul paid the $179.00 with our debit/credit card and all was set in motion.

The letter I received in the mail said that I had 30 days to schedule my wonderful Vegas trip or I would lose all of the above, so I called on June 12, 2011 and scheduled our vacation trip for September 19th and September 20, 2011. All was fine until September 7, 2011, when Nathan proceeded to tell my husband that since we do not have a "major credit card", we could not go on our Vegas trip. Nowhere in our paperwork does it say that we needed a "major credit card". It only states that we needed an annual household income of $50,000, to be 25 years or older, attendance at a 90-120 minute vacation club sales presentation, photo ID as well as a valid personal visa, mater card, American express, or a discover credit card was also required at check-in for incidentals during our stay. I have a debit/visa credit card and assumed that would be fine. Now, they will not refund me my money due to not having a "major credit card".

Once Nathan hung up on my husband, I took a chance and reached manager Domonique **, where she proceeded to tell me that it was my fault for not understanding the important notice and no refund would be given. She told me that I needed to get a "major credit card" or find someone to take over my package. I asked her, "Why don't you tell my 3 children how I got scammed out of $179.00", and she told me that she would not do that because it is my fault for not understanding the difference between a "major credit card" and a bank credit card. But to me, what makes the difference? All I needed was a visa card which I have to cover the "incidentals during your stay". I thought that meant damage to hotel room, etc. All I want is my refund of $179.00 or to be able to go on my Vegas trip without obtaining a "major credit card".

Original review: Sept. 6, 2011

My story is the same as so many others that I have read about with Vacation Travel & Tour. It is a complete rip off and I never even got what I paid for, which was a weekend in San Antonio, gift card and 4-day cruise. The weekend trip was a waste of time and it took four hours to get out of the timeshare tour. I was told that all the dates I wanted to travel for the cruise were booked.

At that time, my room was entry level bunk beds only and if I wanted to upgrade, they could get me a room for an extra $600 plus my fees, taxes and gratuities. I asked about a couple of ports and different dates. But I was told the same; I would have to upgrade if I wanted to go. The representative was a total ** and disrespectful the entire time I asked questions. I had called prior and the first representative was just as insulting as the second.

I paid for a 2-night stay at an old, ugly hotel. My time and day was wasted from getting to and from the timeshare tour and I never got my cruise. I hope that someone put this company out of business. They should never be able to operate like this with so many complaints. Carnival is affiliated with this company and has not done anything to address the complaints so, it is safe to say that I will also not travel through Carnival.

Original review: July 22, 2011

My fiance and I were called at home an offered the 'Wyndham Vacations Resorts getaway' package from Vacation Tour & Travel Agency. This required us to pay $199.00 and take a 120 min. timeshare sales presentation In return we would recieve 4 days and 3 nights hotel accommodations at a 3 stars or higher hotel in San Antonio, TX to sleep 2 adults and 2 children, a $50 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Pre-paid Visa gift card which is good anywhere Visa cards are accepted, a $100 "Spend A Night on Us" Certificate, and a 4 day Carnival cruise (paying only taxes and port fees) for 2 to our choice of the Eastern or Western Caribbean, Bahamas, or Baja Mexico.

We opted in having already visited San Antonio and wishing to return and planning on taking a cruise at some point as well. We actually thought by taking this package we would be saving ourselves money and the trouble of booking everything individually. We paid the $199.00 on a VISA DEBIT CARD. I called in Jan. to book the San Antonio trip for Feb. and was told the dates I requested werent available. I called in March and was told the dates I requested for April were unavailable as well. Called in April to book for June and was told that I would have to take a Mon. thru Thurs. trip only. Called in May to book for the end of July (my birthday weedend) and was finally able to make reservations. This whole time I was told numerous times that a DEBIT CARD linked to a major credit card company would be accepted in place of a major credit card. One week before our check-in date, we were called and told our trip was cancelled because of our lack of a major credit card.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2010

I wish I had found this website before my trip to Tennessee. We took the trip there daily for the free cruise What a joke . It was told only had to pay port cost and tax but their port cost and tax are twice as much as you can go with Carnival. And their cruises are limited to certain times, and like someone said, only has single beds on lower deck .

We went on two cruises and both were for 5 days and we never had to pay what they want for a free one. I was really disappointed because our trip could have gone to Tennessee and stayed there on our own for 3 nites more or less. I could not check in until 4 pm on Mon and had to leave Thurs by 11. That was their 3 days for $249 and we paid $72 for one nite on our own.

The place was nice but not as nice as some we saw which are cheaper and strategically located in places we wanted to go. Never and I hope I can let others know their 90-min presentation was 3 hours of pressure which it was not supposed to be. We're just glad we did not fall for it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2010

I signed up to go on one of their vacation packages/cruises for $249 to Pigeon Forge, TN. We paid for the first night which costs the same as what it costs for us to pay Tour and Travel for the other days. We went to their lecture that was to be 90 to 120 minutes but it ended up being three hours. And then, it took us a month to get our papers that were supposed to be for a free cruise. What a joke.

The free cruise for four days that we were promised (with only paying port cost and tax and which should have not been over $200) ended up going to cost us $385 each. We went on a cruise for five days on our own with oceanview of the little box cabin. There was no window for $469 not long ago. So what is wrong with this picture other than rip off?

They are lying just to get you to go and then giving the excuse that they only get a few cabins and that certain months are peak months. Peak months are February through September since we have to go before October. We just got our papers in November and they do not have any for December--only one for January and one in March which will cost $385. Look out. That is far from free to me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2010

This agency is wonderful! I do not understand why so many people are upset with them! The telemarketers are very nice and they make sure that they give you accurate information, and they tell you several times what they are giving you. When you call to book the dates, they are very helpful and the cruise counselors work with you to give you the best deal. It is not a scam! They give you a 1-800 number to call and they make sure that you are taken care of and that everything is done correctly. They recorded all the phone calls so that if there is a discrepancy, they can play back the recording and find who was in the wrong and fix the issue.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2010

I received an offer, and it is a complete and total scam. No way will they begin to honor this. They tried to get almost $1000.00 out of us. Thankfully, we did not fall victim any further than not being able to receive the offer as described. These people are a complete and total scam. As far as I am concerned, they are criminal. Please, if anyone is able to read this before they deal with these people at all run.

Original review: May 17, 2010

Do not purchase anything from this company regardless of what they tell you. They will flat out lie to you to get your to purchase and then hide behind the terms and conditions (which you do not get for weeks after you have paid) when you attempt to hold them to their word.

I was promised a 2 night stay in a 3+ star Wyndham hotel in San Antonio, a $100 Wyndham gift card, a $50 Visa gift card, and a 4 day cruise for 2. I checked with 2 different people before I booked that there were no blackout dates, and was told each time that there were no blackout dates. I was given a 2 night stay in a hotel (not Wyndham) that was in a terrible neighborhood and was under construction. The $100 gift card is actually a $100 mail in rebate, and the 4 day cruise for 2 is only valid on certain days out of certain ports. If you plan to leave out of Galveston or any other busier port the cruise is not free. If you plan to cruise any time other than January - February the cruise is not free, they will charge you an arm and a leg in port upgrade, and prime time upgrade fees. I even specifically asked if I was going to have to pay any more money to them after the package was purchased and was told nothing else would be due except the taxes.

Our "free" cruise was going to cost us almost $1000 to go on. By the time you learn that everything they told you on the phone was a lie you are past your refund date, and have just lost all the money you put into it. Stay away from this company! Any company that is so willingly ready to outright lie and attempt to swindle the consumer should not be trusted for any services.

Original review: May 14, 2010

Vacation Tour and Travel Agency is a scam. We had to sit through this 90-minute time share presentation through Festiva in Charleston, SC (which in actuality was more like three hours because you had to sit there and wait for forever before it started and then after you have to tell them no, you don't want a time share about a 100 times before they'll let you leave to get our supposedly free travel certificate for a 4-day cruise. All we would have to pay for was taxes and fees.

We got the certificate and everything seemed fine - even with the taxes and fees. We thought it would end up being super cheap and worth it. Then when we called to book the cruise, even at the lowest cabin level, which by the way is military grade bunk beds to sleep in) and absolutely 0 upgrades, we still were going to have to pay $186.85 per person! I was on the Carnival website at the same time checking out Carnival's prices, and this was more expensive than what the Carnival website was selling their same exact cruise for! Actually, it wasn't the same because the cabins carnival.com had included twin beds with soft mattresses and sheets you could push together to make a king size bed, the travel agency was going to make us sleep on hard, military grade bunk beds. So, really, the Carnival.com cruise was better, and still cheaper!

Supposedly the $186.85 was for taxes, government fees, and agency fees. If that's true, then Carnival Cruise lines should be out of business because apparently, the total cost for their cruise is just taxes and fees and they aren't making any money! Carnival is a charity organization, basically donating food and shelter to vacationers. How they would make any money is beyond me. I can't believe that anyone would fall for this and pay Vacation Tour and Travel more for a cruise than what you would pay online through the Carnival website.

This is a complete scam! Don't waste a minute of your time sitting through a time share agency thinking your going to get this awesome free cruise. You'll end up paying more than what you would pay if you booked directly through Carnival!

We wasted three hours of our lives we could have spent being happy, not being stuck in an uncomfortable room, sitting through a time share presentation, falsely thinking it would be worth it because we were getting a free cruise. Also, we were really looking forward to a free vacation, being stressed out at work and not having much money to vacation anyway. It's a huge disappointment and I'm really pissed off and would very much like this business shut down because I'm sure there are sad saps who fall for this.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2010

I was called at home by this company and was offered a vacation package to Orlando, Florida. The sales representative that I spoke to that evening gave me the information on the vacation package and my husband and I decided to purchase the vacation after being told it would be no problem to take my 4 children with us. I was told that once I purchased this package, it was a final purchase and that I would have to pay an additional $25.00 per night for the extra child. I agreed and the purchase was made. I later received a booklet telling me of all the "wonderful destinations" that this resort had to offer and that I should call the number listed to schedule my trip anytime within the next year.

I called 5 months later to schedule the vacation and was told at that time that I could only have 2 children on the vacation. I was furious after being told that 4 children was no problem. I tried to get the company to refund my money since I can't leave 2 of my children at home by themselves, and they refused to do so. I explained that I was told I could have 4 children and Dominique basically told me that I was stupid for not reading my material sooner to notice that I could only have 2 children. I asked her why they would employ someone who would lie to a costumer to get them to purchase a vacation package and she offered no explanation except to tell me it was my fault for not reading the material sooner.

Please do not let this happen to another unsuspecting family. $249.00 is a lot of money to most families today and I can't believe that I fell for this scam. My family will not be able to take the vacation we had been planning this summer. I have just spent $249.00 that would have paid for a hotel for us for at least 3 nights somewhere. I am very upset that my children will pay for me being scammed.

Vacation Tour & Travel Company Information