2. Travel

Little Rock, AR

1.3/5 (102 ratings)

About Vacation Tour & Travel

Vacation Tour & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Tour & Travel?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2012

When we booked our stay in Charleston, we received 3 nights. This is what we planned on vacationing for and buying airline tickets for. Vacation Tour and Travel later called us and told us the third night was given to us in error and we were only getting two nights. When we called to ask about it, we were met by the manager of customer service whom was extremely rude and argumentative. Because of how we were treated, I wanted a refund or the third night and they were not willing to give us either. When I asked for her boss’ name, she would not give us a name or a number. I’m very disappointed. I will never be doing business with this company again! The name of the manager is Dominique **.

Original review: July 10, 2012

I was called after a visit to Bass Pro Shop that I could purchase a cruise for a discounted rate - if I take a tour of a property, I would be eligible to stay at the property for 2 nights, 3 if you scheduled for the right days. We went and took the tour and the pushy salespeople. We only purchased this to take the cruise. Then when we tried to schedule the cruise, it's a bunk bed type room at the bottom of the ship. I only paid $169 to start with and they wanted me to pay an additional $100 per person to upgrade rooms. I was told that I could cancel at any time within a year. I called to cancel and was told that I could not. Vacation Tour and Travel tricked us into this. We purchased a cruise with the condition that we take their tour. We did our part, now they are tricking us with the room.

Original review: July 5, 2012

My wife and I were awarded a free Carnival 4-day cruise to the Bahamas. The certificate stated that government taxes, port fees and agency fees are not included and will be between $123.16 to $186.85 per person. When I called to make the reservations, I was told that the total would be $306.42 per person. I explained that my certificate stated up to $186.85 per person. She then started to get rude and told me that it is more because the reservation must be made 90 days in advance. I told her that it is over 90 days in advance. She said, "No it isn't. Today is July 5th and you want to go October 4th." I said, "I know, count the days. It is 92 days out, within our 90 days!" She then counted and said, "Oh well, the certificate is for a 1A cabin and those are sold out!" This is false advertisement, a scheme in attempt to gain your business and poor customer service!

Original review: June 25, 2012

I was lied to by Dominika. She sold me a vacation package knowing a major credit card was required and that I did not have one! When I tried to book it, they told me I could not use it. Don't get lied to, hang up on these guys before they open their mouth because all they want to do is cheat you out of your money!

Original review: June 4, 2012

We filled out the paper last summer (2011) at the Bass Pro Shop and after getting home, we received a call and I paid the fee to take a trip in the next year. I originally planned on going to Branson, but have changed my plans repeatedly so many times from Branson, Las Vegas and to Orlando. They have always been nice and considerate when they have called and never pushy. I just booked our trip this August to Orlando. I will keep everyone posted on the details and if I have any trouble. So far, I don't have any complaints at all.

Original review: May 15, 2012

On April 6th, I received a phone call about a promotion for 2D/3N. I gave them my credit card and they stated I would receive something in the mail, as I wasn't sure what dates I was available. There were extra promotions as I was going to stay during the week. I have tried countless number of times to contact someone and I get nothing but voicemail. I have emailed and no answer. I am still interested in the promotion, but I believe your company is interested in having people sign up and not customer satisfaction.

Original review: May 4, 2012

In September 2011, I received a call on Labor Day regarding a promotion for a 2N/3D stay at my choice of locations for $129. The package of course included the catch that I would need to go to a presentation. I purchased my package for Las Vegas using my American Express card and decided I would figure the dates out later. When we received the paperwork, it was under a Gerarldo **. I do not know who that person is. I know my last name is ** (maiden) and my husband's first name is Oswaldo. I called to get the name fixed and they said that they will make note of it in the system. In February 2012, I called to see if it was possible to switch the location from Las Vegas to San Francisco. Whitney at Vacation Tour & Travel only could find me with my phone number because the name was still incorrect. She said it was not a problem to switch and confirmed me to stay for a 3N/4D package since I was going to San Francisco. I inquired about the dates changed and she stated that the San Francisco stay was for a 3N/4D stay.

When I received the confirmation regarding the hotel I would be staying at, I called them back because the name was still wrong and I was hoping to change the hotel from the Holiday Inn to another hotel. I was told that the Holiday Inn was the only one available. Once again, I was told that the name would be corrected but was then told that my dates were incorrect and that I was only scheduled for a 2N/3D stay. I advised them that Whitney confirmed my stay for 3N/4D stay. The supervisor (a lady whose name I do not recall, that claimed to be with the company for a very long time and sounded very old) stated that she will honor that package since Whitney already said it would be a 3N/4D package. This is when the headache actually begins.

Three days before the trip, I get the colds and rather than taking chances, I decided to call and cancel the trip. Once again, I got Whitney on the phone who stated that they can cancel the trip but in order to avoid my cancellation fee, I would need to pick another date. I asked if it was possible to switch it back to Vegas. Whitney stated yes. I asked if my stay will still be a 3N/4D, Whitney stated yes. I chose my dates for a trip to Vegas from April 27th through April 30th. I was scheduled to stay at Harrah's. The confirmation I received did not have departing date but just arrival date. It stated that I must arrive prior to 7pm on the day I was checking in. I followed the instructions and at the time of check in, the lady on at the Wyndham Vacation Counter inside Harrah's could not find us by our names but phone number because the name was still wrong and said I was only scheduled to stay until Sunday. I told her that it was a problem because I had already been told and confirmed that I would stay until Monday and our flights were scheduled for Monday. She stated that she could not do anything at that time because Vacation Tour and Travel was already closed but that she will leave a note for the supervisor. She gave me paperwork to take over to the registration desk at Harrah's (3 steps away).

When I was speaking to the lady at Harrah's registration desk, she told me that the only way they can guarantee a room was if they took my credit card information to reserve a room. Since I did not have another choice, I gave my credit card information. An hour later, we get a call up to the room that everything had been taken care of by Tiara. The next day, we called to confirm our tour for Sunday afternoon. On Sunday afternoon before departing to the tour, I went back to the Wyndham Vacation Desk and confirmed that everything was straightened out for Sunday night's stay. The girl on the desk confirmed that it all had been fixed. I asked if I had to go over to registration at Harrah's (again 3 steps away, and they don't talk to each other) and she said no. Everything was okay.

During the presentation, I refused to purchase a package because of the headache it had been to get to Harrah's and getting the name fixed. I shared that with Wyndham and came back to the hotel. We left to enjoy the afternoon on the strip and decided to go back to our room for a nap at 10pm. When I arrived to the room, my door key was not working. My husband and I decided to go downstairs to registration. My sister stayed in hallway by the room entrance waiting for us. We walked straight up to the manager and told him what was happening. The manager proceeded to state, "I locked you because you were scheduled to leave on Sunday." Puzzled I asked, "You locked me out?" and he responded, "Yes. You are Jeanne?" I said, "Yes, I am and why would you do that with all my belongings in the room? Did you think of maybe calling us to see what was happening?" He claimed to have called which was a lie because I had no voicemail or missed call. I said, "You have my credit card on file for the room because this goes back since registration." I said this in a louder tone and he plainly said, "Calm down or I will call security." I responded with, "Why would you call security if I have not done anything." He picked up the phone and called security. Three security officers came over. They asked what was happening. We proceeded to explain once again. The security supervisor asked how can we fix this to the manager and the manager requested them to go inside his office.

Two minutes later, one of the officers was reading me my rights or whatever about transpacing and how we had to leave the premises. They escorted my husband and me to our room to get our stuff. My sister had fallen asleep against the door waiting for us. We woke her up and told her to get her bags. We walked out the hotel onto the curb. My husband asked for the name at the registration desk of the manager and was told they cannot give that information out but that his first name is Ronald. While we were at the curb, my husband said, "We are outside. Do you really need to continue to humiliate us?" and they stated that we were not allowed at Harrah's, Flamingo, Planet Hollywood, Caesar's Palace, etc. We drove off and checked in at Luxor at 12:30am.

Needless to say, we did not do much more than just go to sleep because our vacation or mini vacation had been ruined. The next day, I called Wyndham to tell them what had occurred and the manager was taken aback. He called me three times within 5 minutes and said their notes show that they sent over all the paperwork to Harrah's for the 3rd night stay and will take it up to the GM. He stated he would call back the next day with resolution. The next day, I got a call from Dana at Vacation Tour and Travel. She stated that she did not see anything in her system that I should stay for three nights but that she would credit my stay and still send me the cruise certificate. I told Dana that the refund was nothing compared to the humiliation I had experienced and the cruise certificate was part of the deal anyways. She apologized and hung up the phone.

Today, three days later since I spoke to her, I called to follow up on the refund. The person that answered the phone was reading the notes out loud and stated, "The customer was confirmed to have a three-night stay however was removed due to their guest behavior." I asked him what he was referring to. He got very nervous and said, "I will need to refer you to my manager who is helping another customer." When I received Dana's call back, she stated that she was not giving me credit because I was removed from the premises due my guest behavior. I asked, "What are you referring to? Who do I need to call at Harrah's to explain?" She said, "There is nothing more I can tell you. Wyndham or Vacation Tour and Travel can resolve this. You need to go to Harrah's." I told Dana, "You called me on Tuesday to say you were giving me a refund. You never called me back to tell me this and now you won't even tell me who you spoke with?" She said, "That is right."

Needless to say, I hung up on her. They are all trying to point the finger at one another and since they cannot blame anyone else, they are now trying to blame my guest who by the way was by our room door sitting down sleeping waiting for us to come up with the key after being locked out. The only reason we even went downstairs was because we had been locked out, and Roland, the supposedly manager, said we were not authorized to stay another night?! Can someone please help? I feel so helpless, violated, angry and most importantly humiliated. By the way, I ended up getting sick from this whole thing and missing work! I have never gone through such bad experience. Never threaten to have cops called on, never arrested, never escorted out! We were not intoxicated! I have called Caesars Entertainment and I am waiting for a call back from the VP of operations.

Original review: May 4, 2012

I work for Vacation Tour and Travel and I can tell you myself that these people are ripping folks off. I have worked selling the vacations and booking the accommodations and know first hand that while selling the packages, the phone operators are given a script to use that is full of lies. They also purposely do not send out the packages on time and because of this, it is next to impossible for customers to cancel their packages in the allotted 30-day period. That period starts the day you buy and ends 30 days later. If it is postmarked 27 days later and doesn't get there until day 31, they will not refund your money, period. As a Vacation Tour and Travel employee, I suggest you do not buy from this company.

Original review: May 2, 2012

We need to stop this scam if we all get together. The story is the same with everyone - they take your money and promise you anything. When it comes time to schedule your trip, there is never a date you can take it. Eventually you give up or they "upcharge you" an unbelievable amount to change anything. Contact my phone number for information.

Original review: April 25, 2012

I purchased the iCoupon through The Today Show. It’s a 4-day cruise with a 2-day stay at an area hotel for $549 for 2 people. I cruise at least twice a year for the last 20 years. I never had to jump through hopes before like I did this time. After 3 calls to the company and at least 2 of them with less than stellar customer service, I finally got a wonderful young lady to help me. I refused to pay extra. Patrice ** was awesome. Her extension is **. I did my research before I called and wow, no 4A cabins were available. Hmmm, Ms. ** was patient and fortunately there was a 4A available. I received my Carnival booking number within 24 hours. The next step is getting the hotel room. That was another nightmare, but I will save that for another review.

Original review: April 19, 2012

The coupon was good from March 3, 2012 for eighteen months, which I believe would be September. They say August. I tried booking for Aug. 5, 2013. They said it expires Aug 4, 2013, one day before my travel date. Why? They told me I had to travel to Florida and get a better room to use the coupon which cost close to six hundred more.

Original review: April 16, 2012

I was contacted by them to purchase a travel package. My husband and I both thought the price sounded fair. We went ahead and purchased the package. When the letter arrived, it said something about a timeshare presentation. I thought it must be a mistake or maybe it is connected to the cruise. So I waited a couple of days and then called to book my vacation. The agent informed me that before she could proceed they needed a major credit card not tied to a debit card. What? They never said this when I booked it. They would not proceed any further so I stated then to refund me my money. They then stated, "Well, you had only so much time to cancel." I am not trying to cancel. They won't let me book my vacation! I don't have a major credit card. Why would I buy something I can't use? I want a refund. This is a total scam!

Original review: April 16, 2012

My sister and I called to book our cruise. Our elderly parents also booked a cruise. We thought that we could take our parents on their first cruise. When we called to book the cruises, we were told that we could not book the cruises together and they flagged our vouchers as a group booking. They stated that the terms and conditions stated that group bookings could not be done together. Since when is a group considered two vouchers? This is false advertisement! We booked with two different addresses and two different credit cards, no reason that we should not be able to book them together. Dominique was unhelpful and had no customer service skills. This is a scam! Now my poor parents will not be able to go on their cruise!

Original review: April 5, 2012

Travel Agency Kept Carnival Credit for Themselves: We received a call from this travel agency offering us a vacation if we went on a timeshare tour. I told them I wasn't interested, so they offered a special deal for a 4-day cruise for 2 for $299. I asked questions about what the catch was and they said there was no catch, so we decided to go ahead and do it. After paying $299, I was told it was for a cabin with bunk beds in the bottom of the ship. I was told I could upgrade to a better cabin and decided to do that. The cruise price sounded rather inflated, but they assured me it was the normal Carnival cruse price for that cruise. Since we had already paid $299, we didn't want to just throw that money away, so we went ahead and paid for the upgrade and the cruise had to be paid in full immediately (January 2012).

My Carnival cruise didn't show up as being paid in full at Carnival until March 2012 and it was only paid then because I complained about them holding our money we paid for the cruise. I had forgotten about a certificate I received on my last Carnival cruise in which we prepaid $100 toward our next cruise and when we remembered it (February 2012), we contacted the travel agency to let them know about this and they told us we would have to go to a specific website for Carnival to submit the certificate (it entitled us to the $100 off the cruise plus an on board credit, amount dependent upon # days of the cruise).

In February 2012, we received an email from Carnival saying they had applied the credit to our cruise account. We contacted the travel agency and asked them when we would receive our refund, which was due to us because of the $100 credit from Carnival. We were told by the agent that it would show up as a credit on our Carnival account. We called Carnival in April 2012 to make sure we allowed enough time for credits to show up on our cruise account and they said they subtracted the $100 from what the travel agent was required to pay on our behalf. The last time we emailed the travel agency, they did not even respond. Basically, they stole our $100 that Carnival credited for our cruise.

Original review: April 4, 2012

This is the worst company in business. Customer service is not part of their priority. If I were to read all the reviews before I purchased and booked my cruise line last couple of months, I would not go through this company. Cruise Line vouchers are useless, it's better to book from the original website of the cruise. I have the voucher and when calling to book the cruise, none of the days I requested are available. They stated that there is no more room available.

However, when I've checked the website, there are plenty of rooms available on the dates I've requested. They charged roughly $800 just to choose the date I wanted for another room. They call it an "upgrade". I mean from what I've known, upgrading rooms does not cost that much, does it? And they said it is not a scam? Really, so I've already paid about $600 for the voucher, and now I have to pay $800 more just to upgrade a room and the date I wanted to go. Scam! I am very disappointed in this company. I don't know why Carnival through them.

As for the lady, ** of Conway, AR, you said you work with the company. Well, take a look at all the reviews from just January of this year till present. I don't think I've seen any company get that bad of review in just 4 months. Read what people are saying about your company before posting and rating your company a 5 star, how pathetic. Just reading your post, make me more upset. Your tone of writing does not sound pleasant either. It's like assuming that customers are wrong and you guys are right.

I wish this website would consider and take off your own company rating, because it's not your task to rate your own company a 5 star. Let the consumers review your company. Your company's task is to read and learn what went wrong and how your company can provide better services. Thank you for your time reading my review. I hope this will better your business and I hope people read all the reviews before purchasing anything that go through VTT. Have a nice day!

Original review: March 28, 2012

Vacation Tour & Travel scams and cheats people. I have yet to receive a $25 Bass Pro card and a $50 Visa card for taking my trip in March which I did. They did say that they will send my cruise tickets. I am disappointed with this company. I did not receive everything promised and after speaking with several people and after being lied to several times, I believe that they should not be in business. I can't believe that Blue Green and Bass Pro deal with this company. I don't have my cruise tickets yet, but after reading all of the complaints, I won't be using them.

Original review: March 20, 2012

I happen to work at VT&T and came across this site, so I thought I might address some complaints I have seen about the company. As far as individuals saying we are violating their rights as part of the Do Not Call list… that is bogus. We do not cold call anyone, ever. You had to have filled out an entry form at either a Bass Pro Shop (to win a 25k shopping spree, Toyota truck, boat, etc.) or at a Bluegreen Getaway Station at an Indy or a NASCAR event (to win a free vacation, etc.). Some of our entry forms are a couple years old so the number may no longer be correct and if you request to be on our DNC, we will do so promptly and are trained/expected to apologize for any inconvenience.

As far as working with our activations/confirmations department: The customer is told at the point of sale all of the requirements and qualifications one must uphold in order to be eligible for our vacation packages. "You must have a major credit, not tied to a bank account" is probably stated well over 5 different times during the phone call, both from the phone rep and the reservations manager. And yes, it is in writing in your confirmation letter, along with all of the other qualifications. Once you have received your initial confirmation letter (which we say will likely get to you in 7-10 business days... But it could be longer. Obviously we can't control the US Postal Service... We are based in Conway, Arkansas so if you live in Maine or California, it clearly may take longer to get to you).

I spent the greater portion of my life in Branson, Missouri. In fact, I only moved away a few months ago. I know how tourism works, and timeshares, and the like and so does everyone else. You know you will have to listen to a spiel. I used to work at the Stone Castle Hotel and we were contracted with several timeshare companies (Summerwinds, Branson Tourism Center, Grand Crown, etc) and people would tell me all the time how the presentations were too long. I would have to then remind them that they are only obligated to those 90 minutes. You do not have to buy a timeshare, join a timeshare club, or anything. You just have to go. I'm sorry that you feel as if spending 90 minutes at a presentation isn't worth saving you possibly hundreds of dollars on your vacation.

Bottom line: all of the information you need to know is outlined for you in black and white in your letter, and to which you had already agreed to over the phone. We do record sales calls in case there is discretion for that reason. As far as our managerial staff being "rude," I feel like that's an unfair judgment. I admit that they can come across as, well, abrasive at times, for lack of a better word. But I probably would too if I heard the exact same complaints every single day. As a manager, they must abide by the same guidelines that any staff member abides by when it comes to company policies.

You have 30 days from the day of sale to cancel your package, by sending back in the mail to us, plain and simple. Customers are told this the day of the call and it's also, you guessed it, in the confirmation letter. If you call to book your reservation and while going through the verification process (which is reiterating every single qualification that you have already agreed to three times) and tell us you don't meet those qualifications right before we are about to confirm you reservation and your package expires in a month, of course we aren't giving you a refund. Not only are you out of rescission period but you have already agreed to these terms and conditions (we have it on tape!).

We are not trying to scam you. We want you to be able to take your vacation. That's what we sell, we sell vacations. Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing. We try to make it as easy as possible for the customer and try to save them some money while we're at it. I wouldn't sell something that I didn't believe in and I wouldn't work at a company whom I thought tried to swindle people out of their money. My mamma raised me better than that. For anyone who has been dissatisfied with our company, I'm deeply sorry for that. I guess what they say is true; you definitely can't please everyone.

Original review: March 11, 2012

I was contacted that I was selected to receive a discounted vacation. I decided to go ahead and take the vacation since it was a good deal and at the time I met the requirements. I had one year to schedule my trip which I paid $300 for. Eight months later, my situation’s changed and I was not able to meet the requirements of the trip anymore, so I mailed in a form requesting a refund. They say there is nothing they can do because I did not ask for a refund within 30 days on paying for it. I did not change my mind. I was no longer meeting the requirements of being in a household of two as well as making $50,000.

Original review: March 1, 2012

Repeat unsolicited phone calls - I am on the do not call registry, yet I have received numerous phone calls from this company. They usually call four times, within a 2-3 hour period. Having Comcast, I blocked the phone numbers and they call from another phone number. I have answered the phone, there will be no one there. What's the point of a do not call registry if some marketing company insists on calling you repeatedly?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2012

Vacation Tour & Travel should be ashamed to even consider themselves in business. I planned on doing the $199 tour of a resort in our state, only to find that the dates I could travel were unavailable. I was told I could get a refund in writing, but there was not a time frame given as to how long this option was open. Apparently, it is only 30 days.

I called again 2 months later to try and rebook our tour. Again, limited space and definitely not at the resort area itself. Their preferred hotels in the area are not worth the $199 being charged for 2 nights stay. I could have easily booked any of their "choice" hotels for almost half the cost. When I inquired about the refund, I was told, "Too bad, you have exceeded the 30-day window." What window? These people are out to get your money any way they can, all the while spouting about everything you were told up front. God forbid, somebody changes their mind about something these days. If I could've reached through my phone and choked those people, I would've!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2012

I directed the company to purchase travel insurance for my trip. Sure enough, a near family member died just days before the sail. But the company had failed to follow my direction. I had no travel insurance to cover the necessary cancellation of our cruise. The company refused to compensate me for their failure. I lost $850 which, by the way, I wound up having to pay for an "upgrade" from the free voucher. While Jennifer ** was nice enough to deal with, she failed to purchase the travel insurance and her supervisor, Dominique, was the rudest, most uncaring person I have ever had to encounter in any "customer service" venue.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

We purchased a voucher from the icoupononline.com link for the four night carnival cruise. I called on Monday for dates and was given a few in November that fit our needs. I was told that November is far out and there were no bookings for the 4A rooms as of yet so there were plenty available. When attempting to book my account was "flagged as group travel" and would not allow us to book saying that the rooms were booked then admitting that they were they just flagged it so that we couldn’t travel at the same time. I am looking at the information I received. It states that you cannot purchase more than one voucher per household, which we did not do.

I have the voucher in my hand so they can lie all they want. None of us booked using the same credit card nor at the same time of the day. It is unacceptable that I am unable to book a room in November without paying additional upgrade fees. It screams scam! I feel that we are being taken advantage of. I am also unhappy that when my mother called they read my name and information to her not knowing that we were related being that we don't even have the same last name. This is my private information and they have no right to share with anyone! If this issue cannot be resolved, I am expecting a full refund!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2012

I recently purchased a voucher for a four days cruise for $569 from Eversave. Unfortunately, the voucher is useless when booking the cruise. First, VTT have really really really bad customer service. They are very rude people. I called half an hour before they closed. They put me a hold and then pick up a couple minutes before they closed and said that they're closed. They didn't even apologize or say it nicely, just straight up say, "We are closed. I can't help you," when I was put on hold for half an hour.

Anyway, I called early the next day. Their office are closed again on a business day. So, I called the next business day again, waited at least 40 minutes before someone picked up. Finally, someone helped me, as I requested my cruise for anytime the months of April through June. They said all the cabinet 4a (as promise on the voucher) are out. So, I did research and even called the Carnival number on its website. The Carnival service said that there are plenty of rooms available throughout those months from 4a section. Then, I called to get back to the VTT and let them know that 4a are still available those months. They lady's response, "Those are reserved since Dec. 2011."

It's all ***. She is lying through her teeth. If those 4a rooms are reserved, why am I able to book it online (as I tested booking online) and why did the Carnival service number said it is available? Anyway, so I don't want to argue because my lady really want to go on a cruise in May, so the VTT said they can book it, but it will cost me $381 extra just to get a different interior room. Wow, what a scam. I asked her to explain the charges and send me the details of what I am paying for. She never did and she never explained to me what are my charges.

Anyway, I have no choice, since I already purchased the useless voucher, so I have to agree with VTT. I paid roughly about $950 for my cruise. The voucher was a false advertisement. I can book the same cruise line on the site for cheaper prices with the rooms and dates that I want. Also as the VTT booked my cruise, I requested the names on the cruise to be changed, but they didn't do it. Those VTT are just plain ***, excuse my language. With this complaint, I hope BBB are investigating on VTT business. They are scamming people!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2012

We received a day cruise opportunity for 2 people . I just tried to use the certificate, but wanted to add a day, and an additional person in the cabin for March 12th of this year. The price that was quoted to me, was over $1,300 for an "upgrade", taxes, and the additional person. This price was more than booking direct, through Carnival, or through other discount websites that I had visited. When I asked them to explain how the cost could be more than me booking direct, even though we have this voucher.

The response was that, it was because of the date of the cruise, and the fact the additional day. I tried to get a quote for whatever the rate would be, without the upgrade, with no true success. She was adamant, and offered no other alternatives, or apologies. I believe they provide the pretense of giving something, when in actuality, you're paying the true cost, at the end of the day. There is nothing under the terms and conditions document, that spells out what the "allowed" cabin size is, so to us, saying a "standard" room is an upgrade, is unfounded in the info that was provided to us. This company should cease to exist, if their business practice is to mislead and take advantage of consumers. My hope is that this and any other information I can provide, will be helpful in preventing someone else to experience what we have.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2012

I received an opportunity to get a 4 day cruise through this company. Apparently, customer service is not high on their list of priorities. The person I spoke to was extremely rude and not accommodating as you would think a travel agency would be. And I felt as if this was a bait and switch operation instead of a cruise giveaway. I was told that if I wanted to go on this cruise, I would have to upgrade to something else and have to pay $700 per person. So if you're looking for a vacation, definitely find some other agency to book it because this one isn't it. I wish they had negative stars cause this company is -5.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2011

I am very disappointed with this company! I feel that they misrepresented their product and I should have never bought into their program. What they sold me or promised on and what they wanted to deliver were two different products. I never received anything for my money! It was a Total Rip Off! As a fellow business owner, I was also very disappointed in their customer service! Their Manager, Dana that I spoke to was also very unhelpful and had no customer service skills. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2011

I, unlike everyone, have nothing negative to say about this company. I was told what I would receive and I received everything as promised. My husband and I went to the Club36 resort in Vegas and have our cruise booked for early April, next year. I can not remember the name of the first representative that I spoke to, but the manager was Elizabeth and she was great to work with. She helped me and answered all of my questions, and believe me I had a lot! I hate that other people have not had the same luck as we did, but I did my research about the company with Elizabeth on the phone with me the entire time. She was patient and very nice to work with. I suggest if anyone will want do business with them, speak to her or ask for her directly because she went above and beyond her means to help us.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2011

I can see that the same thing happened to us here in the forum. Vacation Tour and Travel is scamming people left and right and they are getting away with it. I cannot believe that any company like Carnival Cruise Lines and Bass Pro Shops would want to remotely have their names affiliated with anyone who would do business the way this company does. With the way they handle their business on the front end, trying to bring in customers to purchase their timeshare through Blue Green, I would not purchase a timeshare unit from them. There is nothing free about their cruises. They are charging escalated prices for their so-called taxes and port fees.

I have been quoted to pay $373.70 for 2 people on a cruise that you can purchase directly through Carnival Cruise Lines for $498.74. The bottom line is that you are paying the price of the cruise and they are paying the taxes. If you choose to upgrade, you will pay and receive approximately $50.00 benefit.

We toured the facilities in Myrtle Beach. Our guide throughout the tour was very professional, but the upper management was rude and degrading. We were not in the position at that moment to purchase a timeshare, but we were considering to do so in the not-too-far future. We had never been on one of the tours and thought that it would be insightful as to what we needed to budget for. Blue Green and Vacation Tour and Travel will never get anything more out of our business. Scamming is what they do and this type of business should be illegal.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2011

Horrible. I tried to cancel (same day) and I was told they would not allow it until I received my package in the mail and to follow its directions. I spoke to 2 people (John and Dominique) and they would not even consider my request for cancellation unless it is received in writing, through the US Mail. So I put it in a letter and send it with Delivery Confirmation, just to be sure I'm not scammed even further. Unfortunately, I'm out the $219 they charged me for now and I am hoping I will get my full refund as she stated within a week or so. I notified my bank ASAP and made a claim through them as well.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2011

I did not buy the insurance, which was a mistake in hindsight. We paid as much in inflated taxes and port fees as what a cruise would cost on our own. When we had to cancel due to a family member becoming critically ill, we were out all the cost of the "free cruise".

Carnival said we should get the taxes and port fees that were prepaid refunded, but since we signed up through VTT we did not get anything back. After reading the other comments, I am actually glad we did not go to a lengthy timeshare presentation.

I will never do business with this company again. I wish I had done due diligence in research before signing up.

Vacation Tour & Travel Company Information