Vacation Property Services

Out of Business

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The gentlemen promised that my time share will be sold within 90 days. It has been several years and I am still waiting. These companies are all a scam. Since that experience, every time they call me, I tell them that I am not interested and relate to them my experience. I told them that if they do not stop calling me, I will report them to the BBB, then, they would hang up. I wish to be reimbursed for the $499 that I paid for a service that I never got rendered.

I paid $700 for this company to sell my Orlando timeshare unit. It included 2 bonus weeks for $17,000 or to rent it for $750 a week. This was over 5 years ago. Class action suit should be filed! This company is a rip off. They got no leads. I even called them when I had a buyer that was offering me $15,000. If I sent them proof, they would refund my $700. It's not true. It's a scam.

My wife and I bought a Hyatt beach house resort time share in Key West, Florida, in 1998. On 6/30/2003, we contracted with Vacation Property Services of St. Petersburg, Florida, to re-sale the property. When the representative of Vacation Property Services (Ivan **) and I talked on the phone, he asked how much we would like to sell the property for. It has been almost six years since that conversation, but I think I told him around $10,000 since that is about what we gave for it when we bought it. He said we were way to low on our asking price and suggested $18,000, which is what we finally agreed upon.

I have lowered the price twice and today 1/12/10, lowered it to $9,000 or trade for anything of equal value. I went into this transaction with full expectations of selling the time share. It has been almost seven years that they have had the use of my money with no sale. I was kind of green when I went into this contract with them to sell my timeshare for me, and have learned some things that should be done by the government to stop the scum that are scamming the people of the United States.

There needs to be a law stating "that if the re-sellers take money up-front to list the property, the money will be returned after six months if the property is not sold and closed in that timespan. If that was done, the properties would not be listed at exaggerated prices. Mine for example was listed for $18,000 when I would have listed it for $10,000. If the properties were listed at reasonable prices, they would be more apt to be sold. If there were a time limit that they could use, the owners of the properties money, the listing companies would have more of a reason to sell the properties. Just look at the money these people are using and getting rich from that does not belong to them.

They have been using my money for nine years and I have nothing to show for it. But I'll bet they do. There needs to be some kind of laws passed stopping these people. I have, since 6/30/2003, contracted with two other companies with the same results. This has totaled approximately $1,200 that we have spent without any results. But the big picture is not me; it is the thousands of people who have been subjected to these scam artists without the government correcting the problem.

The said company solicited me to rent my timeshare. They quoted $499 to completely service and rent my property for the life of my ownership. I paid them last July 2008, and to date, I have not had one inquiry. I own 5 star properties through Starwood and Marriot. I posted the rental far below market (what resorts rent for).

In their agreement AD#011682, they stated that if I rent (within 10% of listing amount) by any other means, they will refund the fee of $499. I have provided evidence of my having rented the property, i.e., rental agreement, confirmation from resort, copies of checks received from renting parties, and listing number through the alternative agency. But they will not refund my money. I have faxed information, mailed information, and talked to their refund department, all to no avail.

Gave this company $700 dollars to sell time share within 90 days. Past 90 days, there has been no communication attempt from them. Numerous calls have been sent and emails and no response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Vacation Property Services?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Vacation Property Services Company Profile