3.7/5 (717 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: June 19, 2022

Today (19-06-2022) I was booking for a ride between 12:15 to 12:45 pm with the service provider. The company cancelled the booking for 6 times. Each time it was saying that the driver will arrived in 4 minutes.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I scheduled an Uber for an early morning flight to YVR airport. I received a confirmation about the driver and that I would be picked up at scheduled time. 15 minutes before I was due to be picked up I received a notification that my trip was concluded and did I want to tip the driver? I went back into the app to look my bookings and found none. I then ordered a new Uber and was told there were no cars available. I tried for about 10 minutes then phoned a cab which showed up within 5 minutes. It was $5 more expensive but that is a premium I am more than willing to pay. I will not try Uber again.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I booked a ride in advance for an early morning flight and it never showed up. Assuming there were no drivers available but they should have notified me so that I could make my own arrangements. Luckily there was a car available for me to drive myself to the bus station so that I was able to make my flight back home. It is very disconcerting to not have a ride that you arranged show up at 2:40 in the morning. It is not like I could just call up anyone at that time of the morning to give me a ride nor did I have time to wait for someone to come give me a ride.

Original review: May 30, 2022

Off lately since past few months the experience over Uber has been terrible! The drivers are rude, they call to confirm the drop location and cancel the ride, they drop istant text stating they are at the pick up location on confirming they are still on the way, in instances of technical error where online payment is not possible (paid in cash at the end of ride) the app still shows payment pending. Even after explaining to the customer care they will not wave off the fare.

Original review: May 30, 2022

My last two experiences with Uber have been abysmal.

1) Our Uber was scheduled to pick us up for an early morning flight out of EWR around 6:00. At the scheduled time, it was over 30 minutes away. When we decided to skip the Uber due to the prolonged wait, we were charged an additional fine for cancelling, despite the fact that the Uber completely abandoned us.

2) Waiting at EWR at 10:15 P.M., after 14 long hours of travel, ready to get home. Then, our Uber cancels last minute, after we waited for nearly half an hour. It then cost us even more money to book another driving accommodation. The service was unreliable.

Overall, Uber was an atrocious experience.

Rubric -
    Driver Friendliness - 28/35 (-7)
    Reliability: 10/35 (-25)
    Delivery: 8/10 (-2)

Comfort: 15/20 (-5)

Overall: 61/100.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I have booked ride from Aundh to Borivali East and driver started saying from Lonavala that there problem in my steering and he has dropped at Vashi. Uber support team asked us to pay full and told us that, "You will get the refund." I paid 2142 (1872+270), after 2 days support team of Uber has given only 123 rs as refund to Uber credits instead of my account and when I tried to ask support team to review and give back proper refund. They told me that they won't be able to provide refund. So seems Uber rides are fraudulent company rides, I would suggest not to take those rides.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I believe there’s been a data breach at Uber because only the two credit cards I have on file on my Uber app had unauthorized charges. One credit card had three Uber charges on the same day totaling $115.16 trip ** but these charges do not show on my trip history. I haven’t taken an Uber since 2019 and last Uber eats order shows 1/31/22 and the unauthorized charges were on 5/20/22 and 5/22/22. The other card had an attempted unauthorized charge of $599 to the Army and Air Force exchange to purchase authorized military equipment possibly guns. Thankfully my card company notified me and I let them know this was not an authorized charge.

Uber’s customer service sucks, you can not talk to a person, I’ve tried over and over. I’ve sent written info/complaint no help from Uber. This sounds like a dangerous situation and Uber doesn’t care that they may have been breached. I have filed reports with the CA DOJ, the Internet Crime Complaint Center, police as well as my bank and credit companies.

Original review: May 20, 2022

1) I booked a ride from my place to the airport. I received a confirmation along with the rate. 5 minutes later, I got a text saying "they switched a driver" AND the rate increased almost $8.00 more. That was wrong for them to do that. 2) I even booked a ride from the airport to my place. The driver took the tollway, which I don't know why and I NEVER asked him to do that. So after he dropped me off, I looked at the bill. The driver charged me $14.00 for taken a tollway. I emailed Uber but they didn't bother to respond my complaint.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Alamo ordered Uber for us after we got stranded. The driver called, gave us his info then canceled the trip and left us stranded. Negative stars to Jean is arriving now in a black Cadillac ATS, in Naples Florida.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Got cancelled 5 minutes before scheduled trip to airport & was told new driver was to come in 30 minutes which was too late. Immediately texted to cancel the revised driver & took a taxi. UBER charged a cancellation fee for their screw up.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

Uber Company Information