2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (1800 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I attempted to setup an ‘Uber For Business’ account for a new business venture I recently launched. The sign-up process was easy enough, but a few days later when I inquired on the status of my account, I was told by Uber the account was suspended and please refer to the Terms and Conditions. I asked for an explanation as to the specific violation, but the response I received was: ‘we were advised not to disclose the specific reason as to why the business account was deactivated, however, they’ve found out that the account can’t be reactivated because it doesn’t adhere with our Terms and Conditions.” The response received from Uber demonstrates a lack of transparency, professionalism and basic customer service.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

This review pertains only to the Uber app. When you are booking your ride with Uber, be wary of the error message, "Oops! Something went wrong. Try again in a few moments." I tried again and again and again and Uber charged me for all (or many) of my failed attempts! It was thanks to my credit card company (shout out to Citibank/Costco) for alerting me that this was happening. Unfortunately, Citibank could not stop the bogus charges and now I have to file a billing dispute with Uber! Ugh! Buyer, beware!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Uber has twice charged me for something I didn’t ask for and getting in contact with them over an issue like this is impossible. First incident they started charging me a monthly fee for a device I didn’t ask for. I finally had my bank stop paying the monthly charge, that was a hassle. Most recent I got a text saying my driver was on the way for a scheduled pickup, I looked on the Uber app nothing showed as to me having a scheduled trip. Later a driver called asking where I was, I told him I didn’t order a ride, he canceled and charged me $29.42 for canceling a ride I didn’t order. It’s impossible to get ahold of them to straighten out an issue where they may have to refund you. Word of advice don’t ever give the cc info. Call a taxi.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

If Uber is going to pat themselves on the back in the media for doing good, maybe people should be aware of whose backs they are taking money from. On Sept 20th I awoke to a news story about Uber providing discounted rides to polling stations during the Canadian election. And while this sounds all warm and fuzzy and delightful, we quickly realized who is paying for it.

My husband uses Uber very frequently to get to work, almost daily. The fare is usually about 14 bucks. This morning, he was quoted a fare of 37. 01 for the same ride to the same destination at the same time as usual. Today is also the day of the month when many young families get child tax credits from the government. Uber does this every month on this date. And while I have not received a baby bonus in about a gazillion years, I still find it disgusting that Uber also extorts money from some of their poorest customers in this way. I don't mind paying a couple extra bucks during busy times but three times the amount is simply predatory and exploitative. They call it "surge pricing". I call it a damned good way to lose customers, especially in a city that already has a cab company!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

Updated on 09/22/2021: Critical scheduled pickup for 03:20 a.m. on Aug 31 for only flight - Driver failed to show - cancelled last minute with no explanation at 02:50 a.m. - forcing family to drive to airport and park - Planned trip included 15 days to help family move - and support Covid family member loss. No excuse - and response from Uber via text on Sep 22, is that they could review the case "because it was greater than 30 days out" - which is a lie. Shame on them. The cost for parking was $20/day or $300 less gas to get there. Was the driver too lazy to wake up? Uber does not care for its customers, period.

Original Review: Dear Uber Driver, On Aug 28, 2021 we successfully scheduled an Uber pick-up from our home to the John Wayne Airport. My wife and I had a critical family trip planned from Aug 31 returning Sep 14. There was a family member that had moved and there was a loss of another family member. Our trip was critical to provide family support. Our flight options were limited to an early morning flight on Aug 31 with boarding time at 06:10 a.m. as attached (2). This was the only American flight to Chicago. We had received an Uber confirmation of our pickup on Aug 28. But on the morning of scheduled pickup (Aug 31) we received a text message at 02:50 a.m. from the Uber driver stating that the 03:20 a.m. pickup was cancelled because he couldn’t accept the payment ($53.30). We had both cash and credit cards available to pay the driver, but could not reach him.

Because there was only one flight that day, we could not adjust our travel without significant hotel/flight and rental charges. We were forced to drive our POV to the airport and park there. John Wayne Airport parking alone cost us a total of $300. Although I asked for a discount, the airport does not offer any. This entire situation was outrageous for a senior, retrieved military disabled veteran on a fixed income. My thoughts were that the Uber driver did not want to get out of bed that early. He did not call, but only sent a text. Why did he only notify us 30 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time? I am very sad that your drivers are so irresponsible. We should be reimbursed the $300 parking fee. Request that Uber stand behind its promises.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I received a business voucher for an Uber trip to take to an event. I clicked on using the voucher however they wanted to charge my card first before using the voucher. I did so. Then they never applied my voucher so they said I’m out of luck. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Takes days to get a response. No phone call service or live chat. It all had to be done through email. Be aware and use other services.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I used to use UBER a lot and have nothing but great things to say about the drivers. HOWEVER... Uber is now soliciting donations for Afghan refugees coming to America. I draw the line at this. If UBER wants to donate corporate money, that is their choice. But PLEASE do not solicit funds from customers for an issue as divisive as immigration, legal or otherwise. I will be taking your competitor whenever possible now.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I've been driving for Uber for almost 3 years. Have not been able to "Instant Deposit" earnings for last month. Spoke to approximately 15-20 Uber operators who have each given me their best idea on how to fix. No access to supervisor although I've been told one would call me back 3 times to no avail. The problem is small and I believe I even know what it is, however I can not get one person who can help. The disconnect between drivers (I consider employees) and someone who has an iota of an idea of what is going on in a driver's world is so vast that I am considering no longer driving for Uber... I am super bummed about their inability to fix a small problem. Looks like Lyft is it from here on out...

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I had one ride with Uber on August 27th, the driver was absolutely awesome so for an $18 ride I gave a $15 tip. However Uber decided to take 4 separate amounts out of my account adding up to over $100. It is impossible to call and speak to anyone unless you are in the UK, and when I tried to email with screenshots of the withdrawals they reply back stating they didn't get my response. I had to dispute the transactions with my bank because Uber is impossible. I had my rent bounce because of this and incurred numerous late charges. I will never use again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE & MESS!!! I am facing multiple technical issues on my Driver App since weeks now. I have at least spoke to 35 different customer service rep. Which includes in written and via call. The Issue still persist. Every single person including supervisor threw their own ideas on issue. Still NOT fixed. All documents of mine as well as of car is up to date, verified and cleared but still can NOT go online since 3 weeks. Completely STUPID and unprofessionals attending the issues. You would laugh at the responses I have got in regards to my technical issues. UBER Must pay for issues caused from their end, as everything is fine on my end. And also have tried all UBER given troubleshooting steps. Shame on your customer service and your standards UBER!!

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

Uber Company Information