TripAdvisor
3.86/5

Looking for a travel site?

TripAdvisor

Looking for a travel site?

TripAdvisor Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2019

I love that the reviews are from regular travelers, no commercial strings attached. The only problem I think they should pay attention to is a more critical review of the content, I mean, I see a lot of repeated photos, photos that do not add any info or meaning to other users and reviews that belong to different stablishments which affect the reputation of a place that has nothing to do with that one, for better or worse.

Original review: May 24, 2019

TripAdvisor had good deals available and the site is night and day more pleasant to use than hotel sites themselves. I like all the reviews and the way the reviews are organized. I don't really like the new TripAdvisor homepage though, it feels like a social network page and I don't need more of those in my life.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I feel the website is straight forward and meets my needs. The reviews from other travels is a huge plus. Photos are shared and questions are answered. The possibilities are endless with this website. I highly recommend TripAdvisor to assist in planning any trip. Also, trip routes are explained to some extent. They also work in conjunction with VRBO, which is huge in my opinion.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I really like TripAdvisor. It helps so much when traveling or just going out for dinner close by. I use it constantly, and love to post reviews from places I've visited. I think that the fact that there are many like me, make this site what it is. I have never been disappointed with the results. I read the good and the bad reviews to make my own conclusions, and have always been very well advised!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Catching an airport shuttle is generally, a pretty straightforward process. Our recent experience at Tampa International proved to be a notable exception. Because we had booked our reservation through a "Third Party," the agent for the shuttle service would not accept our voucher. Without an agent on the desk at the airport, negotiations had to be conducted by phone. To keep our long (2 hour) story short, let me point out that it's a good thing that our 3rd party was Viator. Although this was clearly a bungle by the shuttle company representative, the Viator rep was extremely empathetic. She apologized sincerely and arranged for a full refund. It's the kind of reassurance that eases the stress of travel. We won't hesitate to return to Viator, and feel confident in recommending the company to friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TripAdvisor.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I recently signed up for TripAdvisor given some great service that I experienced at one establishment, and some absolutely terrible service that I received at two others. Tripadvisor published the positive review, and removed the other two (unfavorable ones), thereby rigging the system. You wonder how some crappy hotels can be so highly rated? Look no further than Tripadvisor's disingenuously posting only the positive reviews. My unfavorable reviews had absolutely nothing unprofessional or unpublishable about them - just that they were unfavorable, and Tripadvisor evidently does not like that.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

TripAdvisor will not publish my honest reviews on numerous occasions. I can not leave my reviews and thoughts on restaurants. I’m trying to raise awareness on restaurants in the Seychelles that are hunting bats in an unsustainable manner and serving them in their restaurants.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I feel very upset as TripAdvisor, whilst I use it myself frequently, will offer absolutely no help whatsoever when a guest posts a review of a different property on my account. I reported it 3 times, called TA, explained that the guest did not stay with me, that since he (luckily) provided a photo, that one can see that this is not one of my property, as the picture showed a room with wooden floors (my hotel has carpets). The views are of some side street (my ones are of the historical square) but each time I am told they are leaving it here and will not do anything about it. I find this extremely unfair. I lost all my trust in this site. Sincerely, Helena.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I recommend against using TripAdvisor - caveat emptor! It's very rare that I post a negative review. In this case, I'll make an exception. Although I'll never quite understand NO CANCELLATIONS or NO REFUNDS policies where it concerns travel, I'm sure most companies have their reasons. But TripAdvisor is purposefully misleading. I booked an event for a specific day weeks in advance and the day of travel changed.

Although TripAdvisor was clear that this particular booking was NO REFUNDS, they were NOT clear about changing the date (they imply with the same booking that you can MAKE A CHANGE or CANCEL, until you check out the fine print, of course). I just called them about a week in advance to ask if I could simply change the date of the booking. Not a refund request; just an unavoidable change in the date itself. Nope! So I'm out $100 for no reason, but it's the principle of the thing. They just lost me as a customer for life. With other travel and entertainment sites around, I recommend you check someone else out. I know I will.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I put a genuine bad review (my mother's death) of a hotel TripAdvisor promoting site and they took it down without verifying. The hotel is 隠庵 ひだ路, 687 Okuhida Onsengō Fukuji, Takayama-shi, Gifu-ken 506-1434, Japan. 〒506-1434 岐阜県高山市奥飛騨温泉郷福地687. 6GFJ+3M Okuhida Onsengo Fukuji, Takayama, Gifu, Japan. Kakurean.com. +81 578-89-2462.

Here are my reviews. 'Very very bad and nasty hotel. Not humane at all. My Sister went on a holiday and booked this hotel. 2 to 3 day before her checked in date, my mom passed away while she is in Japan. My Sister informed to cancel the hotel with my mom death certificate. Instead of being sympathetic of her situation, they immediately process the credit card payment when the policy is pay upon check in. While another hotel refunded a prepaid booking. Agoda even step in to help but they simply reject. Please boycott this hotel if you all have family.... Please verify if it is true. The public should know the truth.'

TripAdvisor.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TripAdvisor is one of the world's largest travel websites. It primarily relies on user-generated content to help travelers choose destinations and activities that interest them.

• Travel guides: User-generated travel guides help tourists find destinations and activities that appeal to them.

• Vacation rentals: TripAdvisor lets travelers browse vacation rentals by city.

• Mobile app: Travelers can download TripAdvisor's mobile app to use on the go.

• Ratings: Ratings make it easy for travelers to focus on an area's best features.

• In-flight features: TripAdvisor lets travelers search for flights that offer specific features, including Wi-Fi, power outlets and free baggage.

• Best for: Domestic, international and budget travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs