travelnow.com

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My partner and I were staying at a hotel in Kyoto for 8 nights and wanted to extend this by 1 day and Travelnow were involved by my local travel agency and without being quoted a price for this they took £262 from my credit card for a hotel that was costing us £85 a night.

I booked a hotel in London in April 2016 and the rate quoted is not the rate you pay. They add taxes and fees at the end with no warning. There are plenty of other booking websites which will give a better price. Their customer service is also the worst we ever deal with. They only want the customers to phone America at our expense and they are not prepare to refund my booking.

On January 24, 2015 I used travelnow.com to book a room at the Colton Inn Monterey, CA for four nights in September 9/24 - 9/28/2015. I received a confirmation email, and my card was charged $631. After flying for six hours from PHL to SFO and driving for two hours to Monterey my wife and I arrive at the Colton Inn only to be told our "room was cancelled by Expedia," and there was zero availability.

The Colton Inn gave away our room WHICH IS 100% ILLEGAL and told us to leave the hotel immediately. After almost two hours on the phone with travelnow.com, they re-booked us another room at the Holiday Inn Express Marina, CA for $1,287.52. This is $656.52 more than our original reservation price. The phone representative stated that travelnow.com would cover the difference. My credit card was charged the full $1,287.52. In addition, travelnow.com tried to keep the original $631. I was able to get my $631 back after 30 minutes on the phone with them and the Colton Inn; however, I had to pay an additional $656 because the Colton Inn and travelnow.com are less than reputable operations.

I had called a site off the internet through Expedia. I wanted to reserve a room in Vincennes, Indiana for August 22, 2015. After a half hour conversation on the telephone with a woman who spoke English well, she had told me she was having trouble processing the request. I was driving and frustrated so I told her just to cancel and she stated she was sorry because she couldn't get it to go through anyways. After never receiving a confirmation number nor cancellation number (which shouldn't have because never confirmed a reservation). Never even staying at the hotel which was suppose to be Super 8 motel in Vincennes, Indiana.

Come Wednesday August 25 I go to the bank to get money and it tells me I have exceeded my limit. After reviewing my online account I noticed Super 8 had charged me $670.88. I then immediately called the hotel and the attendant stated I had reserved 9 rooms for Saturday night. After blowing up on the attendant and hanging up. Going back to my call log to find the number I made a reservation through it took me to central reservations. I called the hotel they informed me that travelnow.com is the one who made the reservation. Never finding a number for them I am now waiting on the manager to further investigate this.

I made a hotel reservation through Travelnow.com and canceled the reservation in less than 12 hours. After several weeks of not seeing the full amount as to which they charged my card, I called them and the recording indicated that it may take a full business cycle to process refunds. I contacted them again and the customer service rep stated that she could not refund the money ($665). I asked to speak to her manager. I was transferred to "Sonya" who said she would call the hotel and ask if they could refund the money. I was placed on hold. She came back several minutes later and said that the hotel has a non-cancellation policy and my money could not be refunded. I called the hotel directly (Hilton Hotel Fashion District NYC) and they said they had no such policy and that they did not even have my card or name on file and never heard of the company that took my reservation nor did they receive a call from them therefore, Sonya from Travelnow.com was lying to me and my money should be refunded. I have disputed this charge with American Express three times now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about travelnow.com?

On June 25, 2015 I used travelnow.com to book a room at Red Roof Inn Bowling Green, KY for one night 06/27/2015. I had trouble booking online so called them direct. I received confirmation email and my card was charged. After 11+ hours 9f driving we arrive at the Red Roof Inn only to be told our "room was cancelled by expedia" and there was zero availability. AKA they gave away our room WHICH IS ILLEGAL not to mention scary for myself, my mother and two young children. We called numerous hotels, all which were booked up, not surprising because it is the weekend before July 4th. After almost 2 hours and breaking down crying on the phone with a kind gentleman at one of the hotels I called put me on hold and found us a pet - friendly room for the night. Our card is still charged and I'm going to make sure I spread the word about this useless and dangerous website.

Called to modify my booking by one day. Took 3 hours, had to repeat my Itinerary No. 6 times, pushed from one agent to another-- all useless. Never use Travel Now, all the agents are in the Philippines--barely speak English on poor quality phones.

Attempted to make an online reservation through AirNav. Was redirected to travelnow. Their website said unable to process reservation. So I booked direct with hotel for one night. Then I get an email from travelnow with a "confirmation" and they charged my card for three nights at twice the normal rate. Their "easy refund" process takes up to TWO weeks to initiate. The representative I spoke to was rude and unapologetic.

It is impossible to change a booking even if it is a whole month away. There is no phone number for a New Zealander to ring yet the instruction for changing a booking is, "The best way to modify your reservation is to call us. Our customer service representatives can help you find alternative room types, dates, or hotels to ensure your stay will match your updated needs." When I go to submit a query it says, "There was a problem processing your request." Do not book through this website.

I called the phone number that I thought was a hotel in Telluride, Colorado, Telluride Mountainside Inn. It turned out to be through Expedia and then turned out to be Travelnow. I spoke with a man who spoke perfect English and was getting prices. He said he could get the best price for me and to please go through him as he would get a commission. I told him that there was a 50/50 chance I may have to cancel as my husband was still awaiting word from his boss about one more day off of work. This man assured me 4 times over the phone that if I canceled before 6 PM on August 20th that I would get a full refund.

I asked them 4 times to make sure. He said he would be sending me an email with everything that I needed to know including directions to the hotel. Then the email came and I just skimmed it. The next day, so within 24 hours, I had to cancel and when I did I noticed on my bank statement that I was charged $254.50 (the total cost for 2 nights) but was only refunded $120.70. When I called back from 7:30 AM yesterday morning through 11:00 AM yesterday morning the numbers I was given were no longer in service or I would get someone who spoke broken English. I spoke to a woman three times and I believe it was the same woman but each time I called, she gave me a different name.

I finally spoke to who she said was a man who could help me and he kept repeating the incorrect itinerary number, then finally got it correct, then kept repeating to me my incorrect email when I kept spelling it out. THEN TO MY ASTONISHMENT, he pretended he could not hear me and kept saying "hello, hello, are you there" and I kept answering, finally I understood what he was doing and I said, "I'm here, are you?" He said he was. Then we spoke a little more and he did that hello thing again. Finally, he just put me on hold to get rid of me. I'm furious that this kind of treatment and lies over the phone can be accepted in any company. This company should be shut down. So, I lost $138 which I cannot afford.

I googled hotels at SEATAC and used the number listed under the Double Tree Hilton to contact Hilton for reservations. The person who answered took my reservation as if they actually worked for Hilton. I assumed it was Hilton central appointments. However, when I called Hilton they knew nothing of the reservation number. I checked through my credit card number to get the source of the billing and learned that Travel Now had booked the ticket without ever telling me they weren't Hilton. The room did go through but this is set up to deceive us into buying the ticket through Travel Now rather than contacting the hotel directly.

I was misled into making a hotel reservation for a room that didn't exist. I surfed the internet for a hotel that was to my standards, and thought I connected with the hotel of my choice. Instead, it was Travelnow.com. They have a fake logo internet page that says the hotels' names, so you think that you are directly calling the hotel. Travelnow.com is a scam. DO NOT MAKE RESERVATIONS FROM THEM! They are a third party agency and they don't need to be in business.

I had almost the same experience. I dialed a long distance number I accessed through the Days Inn website, thinking I would get the Days Inn/Cocoa Bch., FL. I had absolutely no idea I wasn't speaking directly to a hotel reservations desk. They made the reservation and I did receive a confirmation number on my cell phone by text. I did not receive a confirmation by email as promised. I then needed to make a reservation for another room for a family member and I called the local number for the hotel. When I asked about my previous reservation, they said they had no record of it. I told them my credit card had been charged and they said the confirmation number I had was not one of theirs and they had no idea what I should do or who I should contact.

I called the number listed on my credit card statement beside the charge. When I FINALLY got through to a person I found that I was speaking with someone from Travelscape, also known as Travelnow and works through Expedia.com. They researched my reservation through the confirmation number I had thankfully received via text message. They were able to find it and also found that the person from their company that entered the information had spelled my last name wrong. They did get in touch with the hotel and have it corrected. But, it was a very harrowing experience and I really thought I had lost my money with no recourse.

Due to my extreme vigilance in getting through to this almost impossible phone number, my problem was resolved. I had also gone to a site that was texted to me with the confirmation number and tried to cancel. All it would do is give me a message saying my confirmation number was not correct. It did not have the name of the business I was trying to deal with. These out of country businesses are taking this kind of work cheap and the phone numbers listed for them stem off the actual hotel sites. Of course, the hotel employees seem to know nothing about this. My particular case began with Expedia.com. of which I knew nothing about. They answered the phone as Days Inn reservations.

About all we can do to prevent this is to avoid third parties totally and never trust phone numbers listed on websites, even for the hotel in question. Use the local number only and ask them directly to verify their location. I will never opt for cheap and take the risk of losing my money and now I will never trust a phone number from a website. This is fraud and misrepresentation.

I booked a two night stay in a hotel in Chester and picked the non refundable slightly cheaper price and my credit card was charged in full. I then realized I had booked the wrong hotel for a wedding we had been invited and went onto the website to see if there was anything that I could do. The option was on the site for me to cancel so I clicked the box feeling quite relieved as it was quite a lot of money. I got an e-mail straight back to say it had been cancelled. I then went on to book the right hotel.

I had in fact still been charged the whole amount and cancelled the booking and there was nothing I could do to either reinstate the booking to let a member of my family attend and I had to give them 300.00 for nothing. Whilst I realize this was my fault for taking the initial cheaper booking I don't think the cancel option should have been so easily available without stating clearly all money would be lost. Surely these people can't get away with this.

This is a factual account (supported by printed evidence and notes taken during the conversations). Friday, November 15, 2013, early afternoon I called 1-800-394-1454 which was on a website indicating that this was a toll free number to call the Radisson Hotel in Saskatoon. At no time did the individual who answered the call indicate that it was not the Radisson Hotel that had been reached. Two rooms were booked for two nights (that was all that was available) and the total amount was due and payable immediately, and an e-mail was to be sent immediately to confirm the reservation.

At no time did the individual who confirmed the reservation to me inform me that the currency for payment was US DOLLARS nor was this information available on the website. I am a Canadian and was calling from Edmonton, Alberta and the individual making the reservation for me (who by the way was a male, whose name I unfortunately did not record) did not disclose the fact that the total amount due was in US $$. Further, the individual making my reservation for me DID NOT take down accurate information, even when spelled out for him, and therefore I did not receive the reservation confirmation that was to arrive within minutes.

I confirmed all of the conditions of the reservation with the individual on the telephone including the cancellation policy. A few hours later when I had not received the e-mail confirmation, I called the number again and asked to cancel the reservation. By this time I had figured out that I had in fact not reached the Radisson Hotel in Saskatoon, but a third party website. In order to cancel I had to have a complaint number assigned and was transferred to a "Complaint" individual who when asked advised that she (Gabby) was located in Manila. I proceeded to cancel the reservation and made no bones about the fact that I believed that the company running this website was acting fraudulently. At this time I still did not know that the amount paid on my credit card was in US $$ and was told that it could take 7-10 days for the money to be refunded.

Once the reservation was cancelled I went to my bank website and discovered the US $$ charge on my credit card. According to the bank statement the money was exchanged twice in the same day from Canadian $$ to US $$ and back to Canadian $$ in a fashion that netted a total loss of $62.74. I am appalled that this website TRAVELNOW.com (which does not appear until you receive correspondence via the web from them) is allowed to be in business. I would like to pursue this complaint. I can see that there have been many other complaints of a very similar nature.

In April of this year, I called Seaside Laguna Inn and Suites, in Laguna Beach, CA. I spoke to the front desk clerk and made a reservation with her directly. The Inn sent me a PDF to confirm my reservation with the letterhead reading "Seaside Laguna Inn and Suites". When I called this Inn, this morning, they told me my reservation was made with Travelnow.com. I have had no dealings with Travelnow.com and never received anything ever from anyone but Seaside Laguna Inn and Suites. Until today, I have never heard of Travelnow.com. Travelnow.com claims I made a reservation with them and the cancellation or change policy is different, and best part, they have my credit card number. This is a fraud and these people have to be stopped, now!!!

I thought I booked a reservation with the Renaissance Waverly Marriott in Atlanta for Sept. 24. I was in a cabin in Gatlinburg when I reserved the room so I couldn't print my confirmation. The following Monday, I got to the office and tried to confirm my reservation. After finally getting the number to the business that took my money, I found out it was booked through Travelnow.com with an entirely different hotel. I don't know how they could have fooled me so completely but it won't happen again. I'm sure I won't see much of my money refunded.

I thought I was talking to the Doubletree reservation center and wanted a smoking room. They told me they had one smoking room available for $189 per night but could put us in a non-smoking room for $150 at the same hotel or their affiliate hotel suite a block away for $150 non-smoking. I opted for the convenience of a smoking room at the higher cost of $189. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed the entire hotel was non-smoking. When I registered my complaint with management for the cost difference and the opportunities I had a lower cost they informed me that I actually booked through Expedia. Expedia informed me I booked through their affiliate Travelnow.

Upon return I contacted Travelnow and they offered an $80 inconvenience refund after much arguing that this was not my misunderstanding; that I could have booked cheaper THROUGH THEM at the SAME HOTEL for $50 less per night. I feel that I should have been refunded the $100 not including all the taxes added to my card. So beware..... MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ACTUALLY BOOKING WITH. Getting the cheaper rates by going through agencies are not what they seem.

I booked four night at Holiday Inn Express at Urbana Champaign from Aug 20 to Aug 24 on Aug 9, 2013 by calling their 800 number thinking this is the direct hotel line. The representative, a gentleman, took the credit card information over the phone without mentioning their special cancellation policy. I cancelled the reservation on Aug 12, 2013 expecting a full refund as this is before the usual hotel cancellation window of 72 hours. Later, I realize that's not the case. Once you made the reservation, no matter when you cancel the reservation, you will be charged one night per the fine print. They charged $710.72 and refunded me $533. I called the customer service and was told they couldn't help me, that's the policy.

When I googled the Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley, MD, an 800 number came up which I assumed was a central reservation number for Embassy Suites; however, it was actually a Reservation Counter number. I was booking a room in a reserved block of rooms for a wedding. I was told no rooms were available in the block, but they had a few rooms that I could book at full price. I booked the room and later was able to log into the wedding couples website and booked a room in the discounted wedding block of rooms, so there were rooms available and this company tried to get an extra $50.00 on the reservation. Obviously they never checked the block for availability.

The worst experience ever... This felt like a absolute rip off! Me and My wife were getting a room for two nights thought it was a good idea to use this website. They don't give u all the information u need before making a reservation. It is the worst thing to ever use their site. And the Hotel well let's just say never again!!

Their website says they don't charge for cancellations. Well, they didn't have an actual charge for the cancellation, but they still charge you for the room. I tried numerous times to contact them to cancel within their time frame but could never get in touch with them. By then, the cancellation period passed and I was charged for the room anyway. I have informed my office to NEVER use them again.

I told the person I wanted a hotel in Wisconsin Dells but he gave me the wrong hotel and wrong place purposely, and my account was charged immediately.

In trying to confirm my reservation, I was put on hold for 47 minutes after it took 17 minutes to find a person to speak to about the obvious mistake. Despite having a confirmation email from them, the itinerary number was nonexistent in their system or any record of my reservation ever being made. That's not what my credit card showed - $443 in charges for the hotel reservation they claim doesn't exist. After speaking to the supervisor and then being put on hold AGAIN, I ended up just dealing with the credit card company to ensure I'm not being double charged! Completely awful customer service and I would NEVER use them again. Beware when your original reservation gets transferred to them.

I used TripAdvisor to find a motel. They sent me to the TravelNow website - unknown to me at the time. I tried to reserve two rooms but the software would not allow it, so I cancelled the reservation within a minute of discovering the error. I got this message from TravelNow: "Your reservation has been cancelled. 3/16/13 2:12pm. Itinerary Number: **. Cancellation Details - The Inn at Boynton Beach." I was then charged the next day $136! Somehow they have convinced VISA it was my fault. NEVER AGAIN, TravelNow. This is fraud and nothing else.

I made reservations at a hotel but never received any confirmation or any receipt from TravelNow. That doesn't make me very comfortable with them.

TravelNow is horrible. I booked a trip to Peoria and was told that the hotel I was requesting was sold out. I said, "Okay, thanks," and the agent said, "We have other hotels." The agent mentioned a Marriott in Downtown Peoria and I booked it. When I received my confirmation, it said I was not in downtown or a Marriot but in East Peoria and at another hotel. I was not happy, so I decided to cancel. This was where the problem began. It took me 5 minutes to book the reservation but five days later, I am still not sure that TravelNow will credit me the $699 they charged my credit card and the hour and a half I spent trying to cancel as I have received no such cancellation notice.

I received my confirmation on booking within 20 minutes. I tried to go online to cancel and the confirmation number was "not valid". Really?! I called the Fairfield Inn (where they booked me) and of course they could not credit my account because they may get charged by TravelNow.com. I googled their name and came upon this site and saw many others have had similar experiences.

I am expecting to spend another hour on the phone with American Express to make sure I am not charged the $699. They sent the Fairfield a cancellation but I have yet to receive any acknowledgement of my cancellation. Stay away and spread the word about his company.

I will have my revenge. My job is "Branding Specialist" for a major media company. I speak to 10,000 business owners a year about how they need to put customers first, something that TravelNow has no idea of the importance of building a Brand Image.

Two hours ago, I tried to book a room at my favorite hotel, the Hilton in Scotts Valley, CA. I was told by a representative of Travel Now that my hotel was booked, but she found one of that was equally nice. I should have figured out the clue that this was going to be a nightmare when the representative had to reconfirm the city of my hotel repeatedly. I asked if they had a pool and a hot tub, and she said yes. It took her four attempts to get my credit card to take. I called the hotel to confirm the pool and hot tub. The pool was not in use and the hot tub did not exist.

I called to cancel my reservation and found out this hotel had only 2 stars where the Hilton has four. I was on the phone for an hour between trying to make reservations the first time and canceling. I was furious at a waste of my time and misinformation. I demanded my money back, and they said it might take my bank 7 days. I told them the reservation was less than 10 minutes old. I told them I wanted a credit toward another room for their inconvenience and lack of knowledge. I was told they wouldn't charge me a cancellation fee. I told them there was no cancellation fee to charge me. They were rude and it took an hour to resolve. I tried again on my own and guess what? I have a room booked this weekend at the Hilton, the same hotel they said was booked. Scams. Stay away!

On February 22, 2013, I called TravelNow to make a reservation with the Holiday Inn Express in Boca Raton from Feb. 25 through Mar. 1, 2013. Reservation was confirmed in about 5 minutes. My Visa info was taken, but nowhere in this conversation did they tell me that my card would be charged for the full amount of $800.88. I cancelled the said reservation the next day by a phone call, which lasted at least 25 minutes! It was an overseas call that costs $1.00 per minute. I received the cancellation confirmation by email within a few hours.

Then on February 27, I received an email informing me that my credit card was refunded in full $800.88 on Feb. 26, 2013. Only then was I aware that they had charged my visa for the entire amount! Today is March 6 and during another long telephone convo, I was told that funds are released after 24 hours of refund date and that hopefully I would get my money back by tomorrow (8th working day). TravelNow is the worst booking company I have ever dealt with!

I made the hotel reservation in response to an email solicitation that there would be a $25 gift certificate upon making the reservation. I was very careful in looking for the offer while making the reservation online. After I had made the reservation, there was no gift certificate. I called TravelNow and asked about the gift certificate. The agent told me that I had to get it while making the reservation and it was too late to ask for it after the fact. They could not give me the gift certificate. I then requested to cancel the reservation. The agent said that I would still be charged because the reservation was non-refundable. I was persistent in canceling the reservation.

The agent said that the hotel was the party that charged me and that I needed to talk to the hotel, which I did. The hotel said that they would not charge for canceling the reservation. A month later, I noticed that I was charged $5 by TravelNow on the date that I made and later canceled the reservation. I called TravelNow. The agent said that the hotel charged me the service charge but not TravelNow. That sounded ridiculous as the charge was from TravelNow but not the hotel. I called the hotel nonetheless to confirm. The accounting department reviewed their records and said that they did not charge me anything.

I called TravelNow again. This time, they said the $5 was a service charge for making the reservation. They did not notify me that I would be charged the $5 for making the reservation through TravelNow - a hidden charge! The agent tried to give me the runaround again and tried to deflect the responsibility just like her other colleagues (at some offshore call centers) that I had talked to previously. She said that she would request for waiving the $5 service charge and that I would find out a month later that the charge would be credited back to my credit card account. I insisted that I get a response within a few days. I asked for her name and she refused to give me her last name because that's the company policy, not to give their full name to their customers!

I got an email from someone at TravelNow in Missouri, I guess, and they told me that they could not refund the service charge. It's not worth my time to write the complaint for the $5. I feel strongly that they are trying to rip off their customers whenever possible. That's not the way to run a business!

travelnow.com Company Profile