3.45/5

Looking for a travel site?

Tiger Airways

Looking for a travel site?

Tiger Airways Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Some of the young ladies employed at Brisbane airport service desk demonstrated zero customer service on our trip to Sydney. They were sarcastic, extremely rude and showed no understanding of what was helpful to a travelling family. I’ve done 8 flights with my daughter on other airlines and this short flight with Tiger was by far the worst and left me in tears. We also had white stains on the seats in the plane, overall a nightmare experience. Tiger need to train their Brisbane front of house staff in customer service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Purchased 2 seats Mel-Syd, TT252 specifically carry on luggage only because we had to make a dash off the aircraft to get to an important function in Sydney. Boarded only to be told no room in the overhead lockers for our carry on luggage. The lockers were filled with plenty of soft bags which could have been placed under seats. Crew refused to accommodate. We were told to put luggage in hold or get off the flight. Ground staffer in Melbourne was aggressive and told us to stop holding up the other passengers. Stewardess "April" said they were doing us a favour by opening up the hold for our bags... She also said it was our fault for boarding later than other passengers... although we were on time and there were others behind us.

At the end of the flight the service director "Eloise" had nothing to say other than "just pop your feedback online". At no time was she present to help out with the kerfuffle. Groundstaffer was not wearing a name tag and refused point blank to give us his name. Poor service. And they did not deliver the service that we paid for.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We booked flights to Gold Coast, initially the flight from Melbourne was delayed by 1.30 hours - no update from Tiger - only on my phone. Then when we left the GC to come home - Flight was delayed & then cancelled, the flight was supposed to leave at 9pm at night so there were no other flights out of the GC That night. When we finally got to speak to the woman behind the counter, her excuse was, "Well that's what you get when you fly with a budget airline." The next flight out of GC was leaving 2 days later. We both had work to get to & had 2 small children with us who needed to attended school. We had to hire a car, a hotel and then drive to Brisbane the next day to fly home with Qantas. Still no refund from Tiger - never fly with this company again!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

My flight was rescheduled twice. The second time, the new time was not suitable and I was told that if I wanted to reschedule it myself to another time, I would have to pay extra fees, Which I did. After paying these fees, it got rescheduled again (third time now). So I paid extra money for nothing. They haven't given me a refund or anything. Never flying with them again.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

After paying for seats with more legroom I checked in at the desk and I get on the plane, sit in my seat, ask for a belt extender and was basically told I had to change seats as I was too big to sit there. I was humiliated and spend a long time crying, I felt discriminated against and upset in a seat that didn't recline. Didn't have the armrest in the aisle able to lift up so every time I got up I had to climb over the armrest. I now have bruises on my leg from this. I will never fly with Tiger Air again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiger Airways?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I bought a return ticket from Brisbane to Sydney (28 Sep 2019) and Sydney back to Brisbane (29 Sep 2019) with Tigerair almost two months ago (8 August 2019). On Saturday 28 Sep I flew to Sydney on schedule. Then I received an announcement that the Flight on 29 Sep back to Brisbane (TT374) was cancelled due to engineering requirements and postponed to Monday 30 Sep at 13:40pm. Thus, I stayed in Sydney one more day. On Monday morning, I got to the airport early, and found that the flight TT368 was cancelled also due to engineering requirements.

The announcement reached my mobile phone at 10:39am 29 Sep. The available flight is on Thursday. I requested a Tigerair staff to buy a ticket for me back to Brisbane as I could not stay in Sydney longer, and I had to fly back to Brisbane on that day; otherwise, I would give a negative review. However, the staff did not care and said that he only could send me a refund. In the end, I bought the last seat available from Sydney to Brisbane with Virgin Australia at $375.00! I do not know whether the Fair Trading can force Tigerair to pay for my extra airfare. Tigerair is not reliable, and their service to customers is unfair.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

On arrival at the airport while printing out my ticket a man who worked for Tiger air told me that I need to have an extension on my seat belt implying that I’m over weight and that i would not be able to sit in the emergency exit row I paid $40 for. I have NEVER had this happen before and am absolutely disgusted in the way I was spoken to. This was my first time flying to Melbourne and I honestly didn’t want to get on the plane after being so humiliated! I hid in the bathroom that was overfilled with pads in the bin and cried my eyes out. I ended up sitting in the exit row where yes the seat belt fit me perfectly. I had brought these plane tickets as a birthday present for my partner and I and spent a lot of money to have this happen is an absolute disgrace.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Recently purchased a ticket with Tiger from Proserpine to Sydney and then had connecting flight to Darwin. From previous experience of flight cancellation I thought it was prudent to take up the offered insurance in case the flight was cancelled again. It was of course. I managed to get another 2 flights to Darwin that night (I couldn't wait the offered flight the next day as I was going to work).

After phoning Tiger they agreed to refund my ticket. I asked them about the insurance and if I could claim the cost of the connecting flight from SYD-DRW. In short answer is no. So then what is the purpose of this insurance? 2/2 flights cancelled is bad enough, but when you purchase insurance that would cover expenses than that is just plain rotten. All I can say is 'you get what you pay for'. Go with Jetstar for little extra if possible.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Hi my name is Sai. So some time ago in February I booked return flights to Sydney from The Gold Coast. I needed to have an important medical procedure done. I received my e-receipt and itinerary. I was not given a ''Boarding Pass" per se. All it said was "we recommend you print your itinerary to make sure your boarding process goes smoothly". (I will upload this) So I printed my itinerary and arrived an hour early to my flight.

On the way there I saw someone from Tiger Air and asked "Hi just wondering how I get on to my flight?". She pointed to the area before the gates where people get their baggage checked and said "Oh don't worry about going to there. Just go straight through there to gate 2". I believed her as she worked at the airport and I had no reason to think otherwise.

So I did my security check and waited at my gate until it was time to board with my itinerary on hand. At 9:20-9:30am we started boarding and when I got to the front of the queue I showed this blonde lady my itinerary. She basically yelled and said "YOU NEED YOUR BOARDING PASS, STAND TO THE SIDE and get your ID out" after loudly sighing and rolling her eyes at me. This confused me as I didn't get a boarding pass, while people were going through onto the plane she continued to berate me. Another lady asked if I needed help and she yelled "HE'S LOOKING FOR HIS ID".

I said I had already found it and was just looking for my boarding pass on my phone (which didn't exist). She was extremely rude and hostile and I didn't understand why she was treating me like this, I hadn't done anything to her and was following her instructions, I felt completely humiliated. After about 10-15 minutes all the people had boarded and she looked at me and said "YOU HAVEN'T CHECKED IN, You need to change your flight to a different one. It's going to cost $85". I was so confused as to why then she didn't ask me to go check in instead of standing to the side for so long and embarrassing me.

I have never rated anything 1 star before but this was a truly horrible experience. She had absolutely no sympathy or understanding for my situation and acted like I was an imbecile and a nuisance. I'm not sure if she was racial profiling but she didn't act this way towards anyone else. It was frustrating missing my flight but this girl's attitude is what really made a bad situation. I am a Pharmacist and treat everyone with kindness and empathy, this girl sorely lacks empathy. I will never fly with Tiger Air again and neither will my family members.

I also happen to have had my phone recording the entire time due to a lecture recording I was doing earlier and forgot to switch it off, and can confirm yes she was definitely being extremely hostile. My friends agree with me and I am considering taking this recording to the media because of how badly I was treated. I have now missed my medical procedure in Sydney and have to wait another 6 weeks before I can go again.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Shameless people working in Tiger Air... This flight is here to make money. They don't care for their clients flying with them... Serious advise to Tiger Air please at least give training to your staff to be courteous with your customers else one day you will fly only with your staff just to see if your airplane is working or stopped working lying at airport with no bookings... God bless you and your ** staff.

Tiger Airways Company Information