2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.33/5

Tiger Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiger Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tiger Airways?

Original review: March 15, 2020

My son went from Brisbane to Melbourne, stayed the weekend than booked his flight to come back to Brisbane, got his ticket with the times on it, he got to the airport early enough and was looking on the board for his flight. This is where it got a problem, DAYLIGHT SAVINGS, his flight left 1 hour before time on his ticket, he had no extra money on him to pay an extra 85 dollars to rebook a later flight. This is just wrong. Airlines should put on the tickets DAYLIGHT SAVING TIMES. He is now stranded at the airport. No money and no way home. Shame on you airline for leaving this out on your tickets to let people know about the daylight saving times, will never travel with you again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My daughter flew from Melbourne to Hobart on her first unaccompanied trip. She's 17 and an experienced traveler. She arrived at the airport very early. Poor weather conditions and smoke haze in many cities on Wednesday 15th Jan caused a lot of delays. Originally she was told her flight was delayed from 2.35pm to 4.30pm. Then it was extended to 6pm, 7.30pm, 9pm... eventually it took off at 10.42pm. 8 hours and 7 minutes late. My daughter was offered one $5 food voucher just after 4.30pm. This would not even cover the cost of 2 sushi rolls. Information on the ground was inconsistent with the helpline and website. After 6 hours of delay I phoned the helpline and asked if someone could reassure my daughter and let her know what was happening. She had been at the airport for 8 hours on her own by this time. Tigerair's response was that they do not assist unaccompanied minors.

The flight finally arrived in Hobart at 11.40 pm. It's original scheduled arrival was 3.50pm. The plane before (Virgin) and after (Qantas) had 'only' been delayed 3 hours. Tigerair flights scheduled to depart at 6pm for Sydney left at 8pm. The weather and conditions caused delays, but 8 hours with poor communication and one $5 food voucher is appalling. To top things off, my daughter's suitcase was drenched through. It took longer than 24 hours to dry her clothes. She couldn't change into PJ or fresh clothes the next morning. Tigerair's response to my claim - NOTHING! They can provide a letter so I can claim from insurance. No food allowance outside $5 after 2 hours, no apology, no apology, no allowance to buy dry clothes and no assistance for an unaccompanied minor delayed for 8 hours. Needless to say I will not be booking with Tigerair again.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

So Wednesday 15/1/2020 flight with Tiger Air was cancelled. These thing happen. Went to counter, asked what can we do. "You can have your money back," was reply. Asked to speak to supervisor. She said only thing she could do was give full refund. I said I needed to get to Melbourne. I asked her for ID so that when I rang Tiger air I could quote her. she got upset and called police. Next thing I knew 4 armed federal police officers appeared at desk and I was interviewed, asked for my I.D. I asked the officer if he wished to arrest me. He said for what. I answered, "Exactly. I did nothing wrong." I thanked the officer for being decent and left the airport. Tiger you should be ashamed for how your staff handled the cancelled flight. To watch young women with children crying because they did not receive any help or advice from your stall was very bad. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

They cancelled morning flight or may overbooked, put those travellers in next flight. Who they actually travelling in that flight for them. They making ** excuse. For example I reached there 43 minutes early for check in. They said, "Check In closed 45 min early.. You can take next flight with extra cost." Lady on the counter rude behave.. Completely disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Overall was ok except for a rude air steward telling me off in a rude manner and rolling his eyes. As I was speaking softly to my family while he was giving instruction during the take off briefing. He can politely tell me, no necessity to be rude and cranky about it.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

I was stressed around Christmas time as I could not retrieve a booking (no idea the date, time) home to Sydney at a very expensive and busy time of year.

I reached out to Tiger Air on Facebook live chat and was responded to within 30 minutes, they retrieved all my information and resent the schedule. Maggie was so very helpful! What legends. :)

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Staff are not very customer friendly. They dont try to help their customers. They have money making policies. They didn’t allow me to check in even though I was there on time. Since the girls there closed it before the time. I was waiting there asking for help and they were ignoring me. They purposely do this and force customers to buy a new ticket. Never recommend this to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Booked tickets 11 months in advance for our family of 5 to Cairns for Sep 2020. Tigerair informed us our flight has been rescheduled to 3 hours after the original flight time. Called to inform Tigerair we could not travel on the rescheduled flight as we need to arrive in Cairns at a certain time in order to catch a ferry that leaves for Fitzroy island, as we have planned to stay there the first 4 days. Customer service was appealing, all they were interested in was confirming we will be on the rescheduled flight! Then told by a supervisor to put in a complaint on the portal because she was unable to help with a refund, which we were told we most likely wouldn't get! So yeah great customer service Tigerair! $1500 in flights they're refusing to refund! If I knew how disgraceful the customer service was before I'd booked with Tigerair, I would've definitely paid the extra money with a more reputable airline!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Going back to Gold Coast from Sydney I was placing my luggage on the conveyor belt. It was in the wrong position so the girl ground crew came over and told me not to place my hand on my own luggage. She spoke to me in a rude manner. I told her she had no right to speak to me in such a rude manner and she had a bad attitude. She said it was me that had the attitude. What has happened to customer services and why are we supporting these people to work in the public arena. Help stamp these people out and complain. I feel we are all at an injustice and our complaints are not taken seriously.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Today, I arrived before the luggage check-in was supposed to close. However, it was already closed when I scanned my boarding pass. I wanted to talk to a Tigerair staff who was on another kiosk next to me. I was waiting next to her but she was quite rude in her tone while addressing me. I waited for my turn after she dealt with 2 clients. I presented my ticket and she told me that she closed the check-in 5 minutes before. I explained to her that I arrived on time and that it was already closed and then I had to wait to talk to her, but she remained inflexible and of course didn't seem to care and to listen to what I was saying.

I therefore had to pay for another flight for tomorrow. I saw three other people who had to pay for another ticket, because they were also "late" for the luggage check-in. Tigerair advertises the fact that they have cheaper fares but when you have to pay your ticket twice, it is not a good bargain at all. I will certainly not choose them in the future.

Tiger Airways Company Information