2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

4.6/5 (44 ratings)

About Global Work & Travel

Global Work & Travel is your ticket to see the world in a meaningful way. They offer Working Holidays, Au Pair opportunities, Volunteer trips and much much more. This range of trips allows their travellers to become more than just tourists and see the world in new and exciting ways. Global Work & Travel will help you find the ideal trip for you and will be there with unlimited support every step of the journey to ensure your experience is incredible.

Pros

• Large support network
  • Variety of options
  • Payment plans available

Cons

• Limited locations
  • Some trips can be pricey

Bottom Line

Global Work and Travel is an easy, safe way to travel the world while working or volunteering. It offers a variety of destinations and trip types and an extensive support network for travelers.

Top Global Work & Travel Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone helping me plan my trip have been very helpful, friendly, welcoming, excited and positive while working with me to make my trip happen … I’m very happy with their service...

Verified

I’ve never been more excited and less stressed to travel in my life all thanks to Adrian from GWAT (Global Work and Travel). Within ten minutes of starting our phone call I alread...

How does Global Work and Travel work?

Global Work and Travel states its goal is to help you see the world, however you want it to happen. The company matches you with a trip coordinator and travel concierge who will arrange everything you need to start your trip. The company alsp provides unlimited local support when you reach your destination.

You can choose from a range of trips, including teaching English abroad, working holidays, au pair experiences, volunteer trips and overseas internships. The trips have a wide range of destinations, so most people can find a location that interests them.

Every trip comes with different features. Depending on your trip type, you’ll receive job interviews, host family matchings, accommodation support and whatever else you may need. Global Work and Travel also includes a range of inclusions to help you get settled into your destination.

Global Work and Travel prices

The cost of your trip with Global Work and Travel varies based on the type of trip and the destination. Trip costs range from $1,700 to $5,000, plus any travel expenses you may incur during your stay.

You pay a deposit upfront to be connected with your Trip Coordinator. They will assist you in setting up a budget to pay the remaining trip balance.

Every Global Work and Travel trip comes with the company's lifetime deposit guarantee. This lets you rearrange the dates, change your trip or gift your trip to a friend or family member, which provides flexibility if your plans change.

Global Work and Travel FAQ

Is Global Work and Travel safe?
Global Work and Travel strives to offer travelers a safe experience around the world. If you feel unsafe, contact its 24/7 emergency line for assistance.
What kind of travel does Global Work and Travel offer?
It offers trips for volunteers, teachers, workers on holiday, au pairs, interns and summer camp instructors. Different travel options are available for each location, so check the company’s website for available opportunities.
Where can I go with Global Work and Travel?
You can travel to many countries in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific. Check the company’s website for its currently available countries.
How long are Global Work and Travel trips?
The travel time depends on the type of trip and visa requirements in the destination country. Trips typically range from four weeks to six months.

Is Global Work and Travel legit?

Global Work and Travel is a legit way to travel and work without the hassle of making arrangements on your own. The company has been in operation since 2008 and has served thousands of travelers. The company offers trips to the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific with plenty of opportunities for teachers, workers and volunteers. Global Work and Travel's trips can be expensive and don’t include many travel costs, but the company provides a significant amount of support and can help you arrange seasonal work to offset some of the expense. Its staff can help you with accommodations, adjusting to local life and other common travel concerns.

Global Work & Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Global Work & Travel?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I completed my 4 week TEFL course through Costa Rica TEFL, booked with Global Work and Travel, Julian at Global was very helpful from the start and has kept in contact throughout, although I decided to travel to Costa Rica sooner than the course started and booked this myself, Julian still gave some great advice. The course itself is extremely intense, you are required to work/study very long days into the evening and often required to work the weekends too to ensure you are ready for teaching the next week, my advice to future students would be to ensure you make time for your own wellbeing. The school is located in Samara and it is beautiful, it is a small seaside town with lots of restaurants, bars, coffee shops and surf shops. Myself and 3 other classmates have decided to stay in Samara whilst the other 6 students have all found teaching jobs elsewhere in Costa Rica.

Hi Danielle,

We are over the moon to receive your 5 star review. Thanks for the positive words about Julian, we love hearing that he was super helpful in getting you started & stayed in contact with you throughout your trip to Costa Rica! We will be sure to pass this great feedback on to him.

The school sounds like it is in an incredible location (we can just picture it & are very jealous). Sounds like you are living the dream & all set up with a group of friends!

Enjoy your time teaching in Costa Rica & we are here if you need anything!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Global Work and Travel has helped my dreams become a reality. I love that I was assignment a separate person for each stage of my journey (e.g. travel coordinator, arrival coordinator). Each person helping me on my journey from Global has been so friendly and helpful and has answered any question I had. I valued so much that they didn't throw everything at me all at once, and staggered each thing I needed to do, so I wasn't overwhelmed at the beginning.

However, one thing I would say is at the very beginning of my journey, I would have benefited from being given a costs list, with a breakdown of each cost, for example (biometrics etc.), as I did slightly go in blind and not really understand al the expenses that would come my way. Overall, I would recommend to anyone Global Work and Travel and would definitely say that the fee for letting Global help you is so worth it in the end, as without them helping me each step of the way, I would not be where I am now.

Hi Yasmin,

We are over the moon to receive this 5 star review from you! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers so it is great to hear that the whole team here was able to help in making your travel dreams a reality! We think it really helps having two separate coordinators to discuss each aspect of your trip with so we are glad you found this helpful as well! We also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for travelling with Global & we hope you have the best time on your Working Holiday in Canada!

Original review: April 16, 2021

I had the pleasure of being able to work alongside Stacey who assisted with all enquirers I had and if she wasn't able to assist, she was more than helpful as she passed me to someone who could. Stacey provided all of the relevant information I needed for my trip and was very clear and easy to chat with. During COVID and trying to begin my trip with such a big headache holding me back Stacey kept up to date all relevant travel information, changing all of my plans completely from when we first started planning (Pre covid) herself and her team were able to adapt well to the change keeping me informed and constantly up to date. Even with all the new restrictions in place and all the extra steps I need to take, Global have made it the easiest process. I would recommend!!!

Hi Shaylee,

We are over the moon to hear what an incredible experience you have had with Stacey & the team at Global Work & Travel!

COVID has affected so many people, but we are so glad that we were able to make this stress-free, and change your travel plans to still suit you! We love hearing that you would recommend us as well!

We can't wait to continue being here every step of the way & assisting you with your travels! Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Global Work and Travel have been super helpful in organising my entire trip to Canada. From the moment I called them up, they were constantly in touch to keep me posted on what was needed to make the trip a success, offering CV advice, location guides, money saving tips and transport options. The perks that came with the trip have been super helpful such as the hostel stay and having orientation was definitely super helpful! Both staff members were lovely and always happy to help with any requirements! So glad I booked with this company as even whilst I'm still here, they stay in touch to make sure we're ok and help out where it may be needed! :)

Hi Sarah-Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about your trip! We are over the moon to hear you have had a 5 star experience with our team! We pride ourselves on providing a world-leading service so it is great to hear that your Trip Coordinators were there every step of the way for you to help you get all set up on your Working Holiday!

We are just a phone call away if you need anything. Have a great time in Canada.

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I wish I could personally thank everyone at the Global team who helped me achieve this once in a lifetime experience. But I have to give my special thanks to the team who helped me with my big leap - Tiarna, Jaz and Vedrana. I have had my eyes open to a whole new different way of life, learnt new things and skills that I’ll be taking back home with me, met amazing new friends, interesting different people and I’ve also fallen deeply in love during my time here. The confidence I have gained within myself is something I can’t express in words.

I came from a small town where everything I needed was only minutes away, I knew everyone I saw and they knew me. I felt trapped, closed in, bored. There wasn’t a second thought when I started the process with Global and although I was upset and terrified to leave behind everything I knew and was comfortable with, I am so glad I did. I am so proud and happy of the person I have grown into. I couldn’t have done it without the help of the Global team and my family.

The team are beyond amazing, they kept in contact with me from the first inquiry phone call and answered every question I had (and lots of questions that my mum had to ask!) Of course I was skeptical at first, I wasn’t sure what I was getting myself into but I was constantly in touch with everyone from phone calls, to Skype calls or just emails keeping me up to date with everything. It soothed my worries straight away. I didn’t know where to start with getting a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa so having the team run through and tell me everything I needed to provide was a massive weight off my shoulders. They took care of all the stressful bits that come with organising life overseas, organising flights and transport from the airport to the hostel that they also arranged. They found me a job before I even left the country! Not once did I feel abandoned or left in the dark from the moment I left right up until even now, they still keep in contact with me.

I have fallen deeply in love during my time here, I have met the most amazing man. He has opened his arms and heart to me and has shown me his country, his home. I wouldn’t have been able to meet him if it wasn’t for Global. I really could write all day about how this experience has changed me as I’m sure everyone else could too. But this is something you need to experience yourself, and I can guarantee you won’t regret it!! I am beyond please with Global, they have done such an amazing job. Everyone should be proud.

Hi Dayna,

We are delighted to hear your feedback and the positive experience you have had, from our team being there to answer all your questions, assisting you with your visa and having your job lined up before you left your home country! We pride ourselves on providing a premium service to all of our customers, so we're thrilled to hear our team was there to help you every step of the way, especially Tiarna, Jaz & Vedrana!

We love seeing your pictures and hearing about your trip and what an incredible journey it has been so far! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Thanks for travelling with Global Work & Travel!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This company is terrible. They are withholding $1500 for a trip I am never going to be able to go on. I followed their instructions the entire way through and now will never be able to go on my dream trip and have been robbed of $1500. I will let anyone I know to never go with a company like this that has such disregard for people.

Hi Rebecca,

We're very saddened to receive this 1 star review from you. We would like to take this time to clarify some of your concerns.

We can see that you have been in communication with our cancellations team who have provided you with your options if you wish to cancel your trip. There are a number of costs involved behind the scenes when you book one of our trips. Rather than cancelling your trip completely and losing any money associated with it, we have offered you a 100% trip credit that can be used in the future towards any of our trips we offer. We think this is very reasonable and this is something that many travel companies are not offering. We completely understand that you may not want to travel now, however you are able to use this credit in the future when the time is right.

Once again, we are sorry to hear this is how you feel about us & we would love to help you on your travels! If you would like to discuss your concerns further please reach out to feedback@globalworkandtravel.com

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

This was my first big trip on my own and I'm so glad I did it with Global! Julian was so helpful at getting me ready right from the start up until getting on the plane, and the reassurance that if I had an issue whilst there I had someone to turn to made it so much easier. Volunteering wasn't quite what I expected but Julian made sure I was happy and I had an amazing experience, it also gave me the confidence to go travel further around Africa, having the trip of a lifetime!

Hi Emily!

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review of your Volunteer trip with us! We are so glad to hear that Julian was able to get you all set up and ready for your trip and assist you while you were there. It's great to hear you now have the travel bug, we can't wait to see where you travel to next!

Thanks for travelling Global Work & Travel :)

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

An exciting conversation with a lot of information and wonderful stories and descriptions of South Korea’s beauty and how rewarding teaching abroad will be. Was very convinced that it’ll be a life changing event and reassured that everything will be a smooth sail with their help. Excited and looking forward to this opportunity!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Global Work and Travel seems legitimate and fair on the outside, but as soon as you go any deeper than the surface level, that's where the problems started. I first contacted them in December of 2020 after my friend decided to use them to go abroad and teach English in Thailand. From the get-go, I was promised many things that did not pan out. I was subjected to high-pressure sales tactics even during my initial phone call to get info about the program and to DAILY calls for 3 days in a row pressuring me to sign up and pay in full over the phone. I was assured that I would be able to travel and do training with my travel companion (as listed on my profile and the website). That did not happen. We ended up leaving the US 4 weeks apart and I only got to see her for 3 days (out of a 6 mo trip) once in Thailand. They blamed COVID-19 every time either of us brought up a problem.

The problems don't end there. On their website (then AND now) there is NO MENTION ANYWHERE that certain countries they send people to may have quarantine requirements on upon entry due to COVID-19. Now I know this is out of their control, but when I signed up officially (and paid in full) on December 7th, 2020, Thailand (my destination country) did not have an entry quarantine. Starting in January of 2021, an entry quarantine was enacted and all we got from Global was an email saying now we must travel early and quarantine at OUR OWN EXPENSE, even though the rule was not in effect yet when I paid the full amount advertised on their website for my trip on December 7th, 2020.

I raised my concerns about this immediately to my so-called "dedicated trip coordinator" who essentially told me “Too bad, so sad" you signed a contract and if you back out, we will not refund any of the money you paid, but we will hold on to your money for 5 years in case you want to book a different trip with us..." By this point, I'm already out just over $2800 USD and now facing an ADDITIONAL cost of $1200 USD that I neither planned for nor was made aware of (even as a possible risk) during the initial booking. There was no mention of anything on the website about COVID-19 and risks participants (physical and financial) incur when traveling through Global Work and Travel, nothing helpful, anyway.

When I raised concerns about this to my travel planner, I would get the same answer in a pre-worded, scripted email every time... They never actually really tried to help me. Even when I would get one of them on the phone, it would be the same scripted responses as before. At this point, facing the issue of losing all my money if I didn't go, I felt forced into going. I felt like I was being coerced by a giant company that doesn't actually care about their participants after they pay for their trips. In fact, since I landed in Thailand in April, I HAVE NOT ONCE heard from anyone (email or phone) from Global Work and Travel to check in to see how I'm doing.

I was also told that they couldn't discuss specifics of my trip until it was paid in full, despite heavily advertising a payment plan for participants to pay off smaller chunks of their trips. I signed up for a payment plan from the start and even after scheduling my first payment for later that week, no one would talk to me about details pertaining to the trip I had just signed up for. The reason I got was: "We can't 100% confirm your spot until you pay in full..." Overall, this company is a huge scam that lures in participants w/ low trip deposits and a flashy website. Total money spent (and lost): ~$4100 USD.

Hi Julia,

We're so sorry to hear that you feel this way about your recent experience with us. Unfortunately COVID has affected many people's plans and we are saddened that it has also affected your trip. It has been an unprecedented challenging year especially for the travel industry. We have looked into your file and we would like to go over some of your concerns and clarify them for you.

To register for any of our trips you do need to put a trip deposit down & complete booking forms. Our team would have contacted you after you reached out to us for more information. All of our trips have limited spots, so our Work & Travel Experts would have wanted to make sure you didn’t miss out (we have seen this happen many times in the past). We are sorry if this came off as pushy, we assure you that was not the intention. As you mentioned, we did contact you over the space of three days, so we are hoping you had enough time to think about the trip before putting your trip deposit down.

When you originally registered for your teaching trip with your friend, there were no issues to be placed together, we have had a number of friends & couples travel together in the past and have always been placed together.

Once yourself & your friend had your placements confirmed, you were placed separately. Your friend who was also travelling with Global, wanted to be in the south of Thailand, which was why you were placed separately. Your Trip Coordinator called you both to confirm that you were happy with this and you both confirmed this was fine.

Your schools required you to go through different visa processes, which is why you were unable to arrive and quarantine together.

COVID has 100% affected how people can travel - as we would have mentioned to you, the changes that were caused due to COVID were completely out of our hands. We keep all of our travellers up to date with all changes to trips, especially quarantine requirements. This is not on our website, as it changes frequently for each destination country and also changes depending on where you are travelling from and if you are vaccinated. There is no way we could have this information on our website as it is different for everyone & every trip.

However, our dedicated Trip Coordinators are there to keep all of our travellers updated on what is required of them to travel. Which is exactly what your Trip Coordinator did. You were made aware of the quarantine requirements as soon as they came in. You were given a number of options with your trip, such as changing dates, however you confirmed you wanted to proceed with your trip. We completely understand that this is not ideal having to quarantine, but you decided you were happy to do so. All of our trips come with full flexibility, so if you did want to push your trip back later you could have. Rather than losing any funds associated with your trip you also had the option of a travel credit, this is far more than many other travel companies have offered during COVID.

We do have our Booking Terms & Conditions on our website, and these were updated on our website once it was clear that COVID wasn’t going anywhere.

Your Trip Coordinator spoke to you on a number of occasions about your trip and your options pre departure. We would never want anyone travelling if they were not comfortable with it, however you assured your Trip Coordinator that you did want to proceed with your teaching trip.

We are not sure what you mean about not having the specifics of your trip. Once your deposit is down your Trip Coordinator calls you to run through all of the specifics and details of your trip and you also receive a document that outlines everything you need to know about the trip & country you are going to.

Your Trip Coordinator reached out to you after you had arrived in Thailand and you replied to say everything was going great & you were excited for your placement, so we are quite surprised & saddened to receive your review and hear otherwise.

We have requested that your Trip Coordinator reaches out to you to discuss your concerns further, they will be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks,

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

My experience with Global Work and Travel has been nothing but pleasant. I was lucky enough to have coordinator Jess and travel concierge Stacey from the Australian office in charge of my trip and the two of them were so kind and helpful and consistently went out of their way to assist me in whatever I needed. If you're looking to head overseas on an extended overseas adventure, I highly highly recommend these guys for a smooth and fun transition. Thank you so much Global Work & Travel team, especially Jess and Stacey, you guys are the best!

Hi Vanessa!

It is so great to read this review! We love hearing that you had such a great experience with us & our team, especially Jess & Stacey! It's fantastic to hear that they were both so helpful and made sure you had everything you needed for your trip! We of course also love hearing that you would recommend us to others!

Thanks for choosing Global Work & Travel - we will continue to be here every step of the way on your trip!

Global Work & Travel Company Information