3.13/5

154 Super Shuttle Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

We used the Super Shuttle from LAX to our hotel, and the driver was very polite, friendly, and got us to the hotel in a pleasant time. We booked a Super Shuttle from the pier when we arrived from the cruise ship and the driver got us to the airport in an appropriate time. Very pleased with the service, and the drivers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Our shuttle was 30 min. late, we could see him sitting on the freeway, so fear of missing our flight we canceled and got a taxi. The driver called us and apologized. The taxi was way more than Super Shuttle. But we made it on time. I contacted Super Shuttle after and explained and they refunded our shuttle cost AND the difference the taxi cost! So after reading a lot of bad reviews I figured we were out of luck. But they listened and responded appropriately. I will still recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The flight my wife and I were on arrived about 20 mins late. When we turned on our phones we received a message saying our driver was available to pick us up. But when we called the driver he said he had picked up someone else and would be back for us later. Not a good start. We then had a little problem finding the check-in desk. Once we called the dispatcher we were told another driver would be there in 15-20 mins. We were told where to wait and the car number. Joseph, our driver, showed up less than 15 mins later. He was very polite and insisted on loading all our luggage. He made sure my wife was comfortably seated and showed us how to use the AC controls. Joseph was a very good driver. He received a call just before we set off and took the call before driving. This didn't delay us more than a minute and I would prefer that he did not talk while driving so I had no problem with him taking the call while stopped.

The drive and conversation with Joseph was very pleasant. I just wish I knew his last name so he could receive the full recognition that he deserves. If the original driver had bothered to check that our flight was delayed as Super Shuttle (Houston Texas) had all our flight details he could have called for another driver to be waiting for us. In that case I would have been very happy to give Super Shuttle 5 stars.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I purchased in advance a pick-up from Super Shuttle shared van services 1 month before my trip. My return date was 7/16/2019 from LAX airport in Los Angeles California to my home, which is 1 hour away from the airport. The representative at the kiosk said the van will be there in 20 minutes. He suggested I call the Burbank office after waiting 30 minutes to see if I get a better response on the time the van will arrive.

To make a long story short. I kept getting hung up on by the Burbank office rep and told I will just have to wait for the driver to arrive, after 2 hours of waiting. The dispatcher told me my ride was cancelled because no driver was available at that time, after telling me for 2 hours, the driver was on his way. He suggest I take a taxi and said there was nothing he could do for me and I will receive a refund. THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY. I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS AFTER READING ALL REVIEWS. I will try to get legal advice if I do not get my refund. I had to find a way to get home, which was a nightmare. Thank goodness for the FlyAway bus company which took me to the valley and then I took a taxi which was less expensive. Zero ratings for this company!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I used to like Super Shuttle. They provided a fairly cheap ride to my hotel, from the airport and usually did a good job. This time, I reserved a ride to the airport, a very time sensitive ride and they took my money and confirmed my reservation. I awoke in the morning and just luckily happened to look at my email and they had cancelled my reservation and refunded my money! I had a VERY short amount of time to get to the airport and when I called and explained, the dispatcher said "Sorry about that, I just can't spare a shuttle for you today." I told her about needing the ride and she said "Perhaps you could take a taxi?" Taxis cost about $50.00, that $50.00 I did not have and the shuttle ride was $17.00! I will never do business with this wacky bunch of losers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Shuttle?

Original review: July 6, 2019

I arrived at SNA and called for my prepaid Shuttle. One Shuttle showed up and said he was taking 2 people to Laguna Hills. My city was out of his way. He checked my phone and said the Shuttle number provided by Super Shuttle was not valid. No further shuttles showed up. I am 71 and Airport security suggested I take a taxi. After waiting nearly an hour and several more requests to leave I finally took the taxi. Super Shuttle should be held accountable for their treatment of customers.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I traveled from BWI to the heart of Washington DC for a convention, using Super Shuttle for the round trip. The trip to DC was good and uneventful. Four days later, I was to be outside my hotel at 4:40 PM, with my flight leaving at 7:10 PM. I received a call at 4:45 PM cancelling my prepaid shuttle. The only reason I was given was that the driver would not be able to pick me up. The lady calling assured me that my fare would be refunded. Little consolation. I had to scramble to get to the airport on time for my flight. My first and last use of Super Shuttle. Not Dependable.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I got a call this morning from Super Shuttle at 4:30 AM telling me that I would not be able to get a ride for my 730 AM flight at BWI. I made the reservation days ago. Had my dog with me and I had no way to get to the airport. I was totally freaking out. I didn’t know what to say. It would’ve cost me hundreds of dollars if I miss my flight for no-show. And I had to get home. For a company as large as a Super Shuttle this is ridiculous. Had it not been for me to find an Uber driver I would not have made the flight and I would’ve lost my airfare. I am not using you again. I am going to tell my friends what happened. How can you not execute on the reservation that’s paid for? What kind of company does this? I am really disappointed in Super Shuttle, I never thought they would do this to me. It was the Super Shuttle out of the Baltimore-Washington area on 6/12/19 to BWI airport from Timonium MD @ 5am.

Original review: June 10, 2019

The ride was cancelled 1 hour before @5am because it was not worthwhile for them to take one person as they did not have any other passengers. As a result, not only did a taxi have to be called for triple the cost, the passenger was put under considerable duress, anxiety, and stress due to this awful situation! Super Shuttle had been chosen because, environmentally, a shared service is much more beneficial, but obviously the only concern Super Shuttle has is for its bottom line. Super Shuttle will only refund the price -- they don't apologise, respond to messages, or offer recompense beyond the cost of their booking charge due to their mismanagement.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Made reservations for pick up one week before we needed a ride. Needed a car at 5:50am. At 12:45 am that same morning got a text our ride would be there and at 4:47am Super Shuttle cancelled our ride. They text me and now nobody will talk to me. Please have a backup plan if you use Super Shuttle!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Called 10 min before pickup time to say would be at least another 30 min. Sent 7 person van in an 8 person reservation. Unsafe!!! Had to make other transportation arrangements. Asked a manager to call me 4 days ago. Still no call and not credited.

Original review: May 13, 2019

This is absolutely insulting! 10%V off the next time I use you.. No way in hell the time and aggravation you created by cancelling my ride 20 yes mins before. You had a full week to take care of this problem but wait till the last minute. (Bull **). And your customer service sucks even worse. You leave all that up to a customer once you screw them over? How do you stay in business? I have contacted my lawyer about this situation. Yes I am very upset. You company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Left a very bad report on Yelp and will be contacting my lawyer about this today. I will also call the CEO of your company about the bad very bad customer support and service. How dare you contact me with this type of apology. Shove it somewhere the light doesn't shine.

Original review: May 4, 2019

We had a pick-up scheduled for 5:10 am this morning. We got 3 emails confirming our pick-up. My phone rings at 4:15 am but they left no message. I received a call again at 4:35 am and they told me they could not pick me up due to them not having a vehicle. Are you kidding me. They did not know that last night at 8 pm. They could have and should have called the night before to let me know I was going to be stranded and would need to look for another option. Like one who knew how to give good service. They don’t know the concept of good service. I will have to check to see if they refunded my payment. I was left having to leave my truck at DFW for 6 days. RUN FROM THEM. They will leave you high and dry.

Original review: May 2, 2019

For many years I used to take Super Shuttle all the time back and forth to the airport. They are much cheaper than a taxi. But I had a couple of experiences recently that have made me vow to never use them again. I recently had an early (6am) flight and had booked a Super Shuttle that was going to pick me up at 3am. The night before, I went to bed early trying to get a little sleep before the pickup. At 9pm, I was awakened by a call from Super Shuttle telling me that they were sorry but they didn't have a driver for me for the next morning and were cancelling my reservation! I had no choice but to get back up out of bed and scramble to arrange another ride!

I decided to try them once more on the return trip. Normally, they drop passengers off in the order of distance from the airport. Which means that you have some delay in a shared ride while they drop off other people that are closer (but more or less in route to your house), but the extra wait normally isn't too bad. This time, they had a couple who had paid extra for a pickup that was supposed to guarantee them their own car (not shared). Instead of giving them their own car, they combined them and me. This meant that that couple was dropped off first, even though my house was almost on the way to their drop off point and they lived at least a half hour beyond me.

What should have been a half hour ride for me was at least an hour and a half (this does not include the original wait for the shuttle). I think the cause is that they are having trouble getting enough drivers but the result is that their service is now horrible. I will never take them again. It costs a little more for Uber but, for me, it will be well worth it!

Original review: April 30, 2019

I used the mobile app since their 1800-blue-van phone number suggested to use mobile app for booking. I gave my flight boarding time and it gave me a ride to pick. I was in a city that I wasn’t familiar with. They booked a ride for a time that actually wouldn’t get me in safely on time to board my flight. I know this because right after I pressed submit they added a 15 min delay or schedule window and there were no options in the app to see advanced options or possibly even cancel.

When I called them up, it was a waste of time since their phone rep asked me to go online and file a ticket. When I did that, they asked me to email evidence that I didn’t take the shuttle! And evidence that I called the phone line. It was just one thing after another. This company I’m sure does rides but seems more like their mission to lock in people to pay for rides and make it hard to pay back 40 dollars. What’s the point of a phone service for customer care if they ask you to go back online and this online rep asked for me for evidence that I called them etc. I told the rep that I would rather have my credit card company dispute the charge than put them up with their back and forth on pricing I didn’t take their ride and spoke to their rep for 10 mins requesting an advance option or cancellation. Their rep write back to go right ahead and dispute. No customer care whatsoever. Scam artists is how I like to call such companies. I ended up taking a taxi btw.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We had a Supershuttle booking for a 7:20am morning flight. We booked it 2 days in advance, and we booked it for 4:45am to be safe. We had an offer from friends the day before to take us to the airport. We said no, it's too early, sleep in, we booked a Supershuttle. At 2am in the morning, less than 3 hours before our pick-up time, the Tampa dispatcher called us to try and cancel our pick-up because they hadn't matched us with a driver. If we had the ringer off and tried to get the sleep we deserved, they probably would have been a complete no-show. This is utterly unacceptable. Trying to get in touch with customer service for Supershuttle only redirects to the website with a promise of a 7 day turnaround -- presumably this would also be a 7 day turnaround for refund requests? Avoid. Take an Uber instead. Supershuttle is just as likely to fail in their obligation to pick you up even when you book in advance.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I booked a shuttle to Orlando Airport and was told to be ready at 8:45 am. Was outside at 8:35 ready and waiting. At 9:05 I received a phone call from the driver saying he’d been in the area early and tried to call me but couldn’t reach me. Said he’d be 15 minutes. Checked the app and he was at the airport (55 minutes away). At 9:35 he called and said he had people in the vehicle with an earlier flight than mine and that he wasn’t coming! What a waste of time. I could no longer cancel as the ride showed as completed and it was almost an hour past my pick up time at this point. Called Lyft and the driver was here in under 7 minutes and - get this - it was cheaper! I had booked a shuttle as a female passenger traveling alone as I felt safer with other passengers. Never again! Do not use this company unless you like to be jerked around and stressed out over missing your flight!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I had a reservation (**) for a ride from LAX to my home on March 15th. This reservation had been confirmed more than once by Super Shuttle. When I first made the reservation it was acknowledged and my credit card was charged. The reservation showed up in the Super Shuttle app which I installed on my phone. On the day of my flight, I received an email confirming the reservation. And when my plane landed at LAX, I received a text from Super Shuttle assuring me that everything was fine and after collecting my luggage I was to go outside to meet the Super Shuttle van. When I went out to the curb, there was no one at the Super Shuttle stop. I tried calling the number that was posted on the stand and got a message stating that they were busy talking to another customer and that I should call an alternate number.

A man answered and claimed to be the supervisor for LAX Super Shuttle. I gave him my reservation number and he said that I would have to wait until I received a text message from them telling me the number of the Super Shuttle van that was assigned to me. So I got off the phone and waited. After about 10 minutes or so, the same guy called me back and informed me that the dispatcher had told him there was no van available to pick me up and it would be over two hours before they could get one. Now, I only live less than 10 miles from LAX near downtown so it's not like some remote exotic hard to get to location. He said I could wait the two hours until they got a van or I could get a refund. I told him that this was completely unacceptable that they would make a reservation, charge my credit card, confirm it several times, and not have a van ready to fulfill the reservation. Talk about not dealing in good faith.

The guy kept saying that I could wait or get a refund. No other options. When I asked him for his name, he refused to give it claiming that he was "just an employee doing his job". Even though earlier he had said that he was the supervisor. I then asked him for the name of the dispatcher who told him that no van was available to give me a ride. Again he refused to give me a name and claimed that the dispatcher was also "just doing his job". So apparently just doing your job at Super Shuttle is being discourteous and not fulfilling reservations. The guy kept saying choose - wait the two hours or get your money back. Finally, he said that they would be canceling my reservation and to have a good evening. Wow, how courteous of him. I eventually ended up getting an Uber. The driver met me in less than 5 minutes.

A couple of days later I received an email from Super Shuttle stating that a case manager was reviewing the situation. Two more days later I received another email apologizing that they had to cancel my reservation and offering a one time 10% discount on a future reservation. Now why would anyone want a discount on a service that takes your reservation, charges your credit card, confirms the reservation multiple times, and then fails to assure that they have a van available to fulfill the reservation? Again, this is not dealing in good faith. How can you trust this company? To be fair, Super Shuttle was not always like this. They used to be polite, courteous, and got you to your destination. They have really gone downhill.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I had a pick up on 2/20/19. My driver was so reckless he drove off the side of the road, drove between 2 lanes, was speeding at times over 25 miles over the speed limit and swerving in and out of lanes hitting the lane dividers, and failed to ever signal. Not sure if he was falling asleep as it was 3:30 AM, or if he was under the influence or just a very reckless driver. I was scared for my safety and don't plan on using them again after that ride. I complained and as of yet no response. I have used Super Shuttle for years and have had both good and bad experiences but after riding in a Super Shuttle with someone so reckless I would not recommend them and what poor customer service that they have not even got back to me about a reckless driver who speeds, swerved off the road and violated so many traffic laws.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I booked Super Shuttle for a 3:30 AM pickup on February 20, 2019. On February 19, I received a text confirmation. At 2:30 AM on February 20, I received a voice message that there is no available van in my area. When I called the dispatch, their answer was call a taxi. Totally unacceptable business practice. Stranded in the middle of the night. Will not ever use them again. I give them zero stars.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Left me stranded - Shuttle arrived early and left after a few minutes - I then called the appointment service and they told me they would be back shortly to pick me up - afternoon waiting 30 minutes, I called back and was then told me it was my fault and they had no appointments open the rest of the afternoon. Thank God for Uber. I will NEVER USE SUPER SHUTTLE AGAIN.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I booked and prepaid a black car service from Super Shuttle for my family and they did not show up. I confirmed the booking online about 3 days before I arrived as we were arriving late in Orlando and there was 6 of us so I wanted to be sure everything was set up. When we arrived in Orlando I called Super Shuttle and they said they didn’t have any vehicles/drivers to pick me up so I would need to make my own arrangements to the hotel. The agent said she would credit me for my original payment and they would pay for the 2 taxis. When I submitted the receipts the manager responded saying they would only cover the difference so they would not even reimburse me for what was promised. Totally unreliable. Book with someone else.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Yes. The customer service for Super Shuttle sucks. My arrival time on 01/07/2019 was at 630 pm. My pickup time was scheduled for 7 pm so I called Super Shuttle and the operator transferred me to a lady and she asked my phone #. When she pulled up my account, she stated that my driver just left and, "He'll be back in about an hour and you can find other mean and I'll refund you your money back to your card ending in **." So I said, "Ma'am I came in from Chicago. How do I find other means when I should have a ride here. And she stated again, "You can find other means and I'll refund you your money back or you can wait the hour because I only have two drivers working today." Then she hung up with no reply.

Then I called Super Shuttle back at 7:45 pm to ask the lady did they forget me & my daughter. The lady tells me that, "I thought you found other means when you hung up." I stated to the lady that I didn't hang up, I thought that she hung when she made her statement that the driver would be there in a hour. So I asked the lady, "What do I do now?" She said that, "I'll send you a ride shortly." So I ask how long is shortly. She stated a few minutes so I waited until about 815 pm or 830 pm & I called again and nobody answered. So the driver arrived at 9 pm with no explanation, no apology or nothing.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was getting picked up from the airport for a dinner at a college in Florida. Not only were the Super Shuttle staff passive aggressive, the person waiting for me was blatantly rude. He didn’t know where my location was and got irritated that I couldn’t direct him, even though I was new to the state. I showed up very late after figuring out the GPS. After this business trip, I’m never using this service again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

For the last 2 years I have been travelling for work and pleasure at least 2 round trips a month, which means needing Super Shuttle at least 4 times a month. I had no issue with them picking me up early in the morning to go to the airport- they arrived on time, however every drive seemed to be in such a hurry that they exceeded the speed limit by over 10 miles per hour, erratic lane changes, etc. Never a smooth ride. Getting from airport back home was always a big problem. Cars late for scheduled pick up, operators’ flippant about going somewhere else even though there was a confirmation and pay up front.

BUT THE OTHER WEEK WAS THE LAST STRAW- I had a booked confirmed reservation for the private car service for pick up at airport mid-week mid-day. When I landed at JFK after a 28 hour flight, was ready to finally get off the planes, get the luggage and get home. There were no text messages when I finally turned on my phone once we landed. When I got to the welcome center to inquire about my prepaid booked confirmed private car, I was told by the representative on the phone that they had no cars and decided to cancel my reservation. That they would refund my money and good bye. Needless to say I now had to figure out a way to get home- this was going to take some time, and cost a lot more than planned. This company just decide to cancel regardless of any concern for a paid customer. I will not seek their services anymore, and sadly they were one of my only choices unless I wanted to use Lift or Uber- which I do not.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

First let me explain that I filled out two surveys about treatment AND called. On the minor complaint regarding driver stating I was suppose to provide a 20% tip which he mentioned at the airport in front of group of people —- SuperShuttle’s response was the report will be sent to his supervisor for disciplinary action. The second concern was on our way home our safety was put in jeopardy - traveling 70+ mph on background by military base and ran two stop signs - driver was sighted for running stop sign by military and local police. Still no word from SuperShuttle in status. This is Nov 2018 and happened in July 2018 - will not use this service again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We were scheduled for pickup at DCA on November 4 @ 545pm. When we arrived, we followed the instructions using the "self-check-in" option (which by the way gave us wrong instructions for finding the on-site personnel) only to be told that my party which included my 70-year-old mother would have to wait another 20-25 minutes for pickup. What's the sense of having a designated time if it's not going to be adhered to by your company? That unfortunately was the least of my issues on our return trip.

When the driver finally showed up (VAN # 1030) the driver proceeds to let the on-site employee that he WOULD NOT take us to our destination because we paid for a direct trip with no other passengers or drop offs. When I heard the context of their conversation I asked what the issue was and was told by the driver that "Super Shuttle is offering a service that the drivers did not agree with and that he was an independent contractor who has the right to refuse service". I asked what his problem with what the company offered (AND WE PAID FOR) had to do with my party being dropped off. We were told "nothing" and the driver WALKED AWAY leaving us standing there at the pickup area!

As I mentioned, I had my mother and wife waiting with me and your driver spoke to us very arrogantly and was willing to leave two women stranded at the airport all because he was unhappy with the service that the company he works for offered. That not only speaks to the caliber of driver your company hires but also to the character of men in your employ as well, I am in total disgust with Super Shuttle and will be demanding a refund for the services not rendered but will assuredly NEVER use your company's services again and will advise anyone who I come in contact with to NOT use your company's services in the future.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Unless you want to be stranded without a ride! I booked a round trip service, was waiting at the time that was given to me at the time of my booking to be transported from my resort back to the airport, and Super Shuttle did not show up. After waiting 30 minutes after the time provided to me, I called and spoke with someone who very poorly spoke English. I provided my reservation number and the customer service representative kept replying “no service” over and over. I’m highly disappointed that I paid for a service that was not provided to me. I then had to book a cab for MORE than the round trip I paid for with Super Shuttle.

Update: I wrote this complaint to Super Shuttle to receive a refund, rightfully due to me. They emailed back stating I would receive my refund in 5-7 business days. This is now day 11 and I email them with no reply. So, now I’m warning others before they pay this company and don’t receive what they paid for and don’t receive their refund. Also, the airport that we flew out of stated this was very common for Super Shuttle. Never again!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

For the 3rd Time, My ride has NOT SHOWN UP to take me to the Airport! I use this service every weekend this year, flying home, then flying back out. So this last time, I had a 2 week trip to California, so as I wait for them to arrive and call, they say they're sending someone, I wait, I wait, I call the driver and he says he's coming in 2 hours... What? Wrong again! So I now have to jump in my car and drive like hell to the airport, running to my flight. I have to park at the airport... for 2 weeks. Then I have to drive the long drive home after being on a plane and airports for 13 hours, after working.

Their idea is to pay me for the parking - MINUS the ExecuCar Fee... But you didn't show up, you didn't drive me anywhere, why should I pay for a service I did not receive!? I didn't want to park, or drive or leave my car in a parking deck for 2 weeks. My parking should be returned 100% and I should not have to pay for a service YOU DID NOT PROVIDE. And guess what Hung ** Customer Care Case Manager - I will not be. IF you can't be present to pick people up, then you're not doing your business or your customers right. So keep your $68.00 and I'll keep the $160 I've been paying you every weekend. You do the math!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Please DO NOT use this service. I had a pickup from BWI Airport at 11am. I checked in with dispatch when I landed and upon approaching desk a girl with BLUE hair walked away from the desk. We asked for assistance and she RUDELY stated “I gotta go to the bathroom” very unprofessional. I waited at the airport for 1.5 hours waiting on a van. Dispatch finally told me my van number 1073. The van FINALLY came, I get in the van only for the driver to tell me he’s not my driver. I get a text with another van number 849. This van finally came after waiting another 30 minutes. THEN we get in this van and the driver sit for another 30 minutes saying he waiting on another passenger. I paid $57.00 and I WILL NEVER use this poor company again! USE UBER or LYFT stay away from SUPER SHUTTLE.

Super Shuttle Company Information