1.08/5
Based on 101 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

108 Super Shuttle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 15, 2018

Super Shuttle left my wife and me high and dry in Paris! Do not rely on this service. Because of the RER rail-worker strike, we had to find an alternate ride to CDG from our hotel near the Champs de Mars. So we scheduled and paid for a ride at 9 am Tuesday for our 1 pm flight. We waited outside our hotel in the rain from 8:55 am to 9:24 am, when the cancellation message arrived. Our driver never showed up; there was no explanation, no offer of help, no "can we reschedule?", no assistance whatsoever. The email included a phone number to call [“Contact us at (800) 410-4444”], which no one answered! I will never use this service again, and I suggest you do not use them either. We eventually paid $80 for a ride because we were desperate.

Original review: June 13, 2018

SuperShuttle was supposed to arrive at 12:55 on 6/13/2018, today. I had reserved the trip for my elderly mother to take her to DFW for an international flight. The driver did not knock on my mother's door. She was waiting for him by the door. The driver, Richard Van#** texted my phone, but I am at work and can't check messages regularly. SuperShuttle was supposed to go to the house, not near the house as they did. When I was able to check my phone messages, there were numerous messages from my mother in a panic wondering what to do since the SuperShuttle never arrived. When I tried to contact my mother around 2:50, she did not respond.

At the time of this writing I still have no idea where she is or what happened to her though I've been calling repeatedly. I called the SuperShuttle customer service around 3:05 and they just said that I had to submit a request for a refund on their website. I asked the customer rep if they had told us that they wouldn't knock and she said that each driver handled it differently. I've been looking on their website and I have yet to see anywhere easy to find which states that drivers might or might not knock on the door at their discretion or that they might choose to only text. I have no proof that the driver actually did show up. I still don't know where my mother is.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Made a confirmed reservation for San Francisco airport arriving at 1 a.m. Was told in the email where to go and wait for the shuttle. Waited until 2 a.m. when I finally called Super Shuttle and was told there was no van available. No apology and no solution to transportation problem. The other people who also had reservations with Super Shuttle shared a cab to downtown S.F. Useless company.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had contracted with Super Shuttle to transport me from BWI Airport to home. The flight arrived on time and it took many hours before ANY Super Shuttle van arrived. Meanwhile, additional customers, who also had contracted for transportation by Super Shuttle, were told to wait without information as to the time a shuttle was expected to arrive. Super Shuttle placed the blame on the BWI Super Shuttle franchise without accepting ANY responsibility for the lateness and lack of accurate information. Obviously, there are too few vans and drivers to properly service this airport, yet the company continues to operate as "reliable." I was told to file a complaint online.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I booked a return airport journey through holiday extras with Super Shuttle being the supplier. On the 9th of May my return pick up time advised by Holiday Extras was 17.25 hours to take myself and my wife to Orlando International Airport, when they failed to turn up at the appointed time I phoned them and they advised my pick up time had been changed to 16.00 hrs and when they arrived at my hotel they called for us with no success. They classed it as a no show.

The fact of the matter is we were not advised by any company of the time change and had to call a taxi which cost $46.40 and therefore since coming home I have contacted both Super Shuttle for compensation of price of taxi and half of £68.60, which is for return journey that they failed to fulfill and Holiday Extras to assist but with no progress being made. I would strongly recommend all persons considering making a booking with either of these companies to reconsider because their after sales service is pathetic to say the least.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Shuttle?

Original review: May 15, 2018

My flight was JetBlue to Newark Airport leaving PBI at 6:08 am. Driver of Van #** showed up at my Delray home at 3:25 am (was scheduled to show up between 3:45 am and 4:00 am) but that's not the problem. He then went to Federal Hwy north of Boynton Beach Blvd. to pick up passenger taking a 7 am flight. He then went south to the Colony Club on Atlantic Avenue in Delray to pick up a passenger scheduled to be picked up by him around 5 am taking an 8 am flight. She was still in bed because she had a lot of time. The Boynton Beach passenger and I sat in the van and had to wait 40 minutes!!! For the Colony Club lady. He then went west to Flavor Pict Road to pick up 2 passengers who were scheduled to be picked up around 5:30 because their flight wasn't until 8am and the husband was still not dressed.

We reached PBI at 5:35 -- flight boarding started at 5:33. PBI check-in personnel told me I was too late to check my baggage (baggage must be checked in no later than 40 minutes before boarding time). They would not let me take the flight. They gave me the choice of waiting at the airport for today's 3 pm flight (which I declined because I would have to wait at the airport for over 9 HOURS!!!) or tomorrow's 6:08 am flight. I chose tomorrow's 6:08 am flight. So I had to take a taxi back to my condo which cost me $58.29 plus tip.

And tomorrow morning I will have to take a taxi back to PBI and pay that same amount -- because there is NO WAY I will ever again use Super Shuttle from my home to PBI. I want a refund of today's prepaid Super Shuttle charge of $27.61 (part of which is a P R E P A I D TIP!!! To the incompetent driver). AND I want Super Shuttle to compensate me fully for the $58.29 taxi ride back to my home. I will post this ABSOLUTELY TRUE DETAILED NARRATIVE about your lousy service provided by your LOUSY driver of Van ** anywhere and everywhere I can.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Please think twice before booking transportation to/from airport with Super Shuttle. I booked reservation to pick up/drop off at LAX in March 2018. Departure flight from LAX was delayed. I tried rescheduling pick up from app and had issues. I called their customer service number only to wait 30-40 minutes to speak to someone. To make a long story short, company charged me for trip I rescheduled. I emailed the refund department requesting a refund and a customer service rep responded and said person handling refunds was on vacation and will handle my refund request when employee returns back to work. It has been over a month and Super Shuttle has not responded to any of my emails and I was hung up on twice by customer service when I inquired about refund. I ended up creating a dispute claim with my credit card company in order to get money back. This company really should be shut down and plan on reporting to the BBB.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had booked a Super Shuttle to take me home from the Cleveland, OH airport after vacation. It has used the app. It was easy to book and my information was updated a few days before my flight with my driver's name and car make. I followed the instructions in the email and went to my designated pick up place and the Super Shuttle was not there. I waited a few minutes and he still did not arrive. I sent him a message through the app, saying I was outside at the designated pick up spot. I waited about 10 more minutes then used the app again to contact the driver. I used one of the generic messages and requested an ETA.

Again no response. I ended up calling for an Uber and it arrived within 5 minutes and got me home. I will also mention that night flight came in at midnight and no one wants to wait around an airport at midnight for a ride that was scheduled to be on time!! I phoned the number for dispatch when I got home, and they were able to refund my money as I had prepaid when I set up the ride request. They did not know why the driver did not respond at all or why he did not show up. I will never try to use the Super Shuttle again nor will I ever recommend this service to anyone. Very very disappointed to be stranded at the airport.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I pre-scheduled a picked at the airport and had to wait over an 1.5 hours, my flight came in at 12:30, I didn’t get home until 5pm. It said my pickup time would be 1:30, and I scheduled far in advance. Not worth the money I paid at all. I find the price to be very expensive if you have to coordinate with their schedule, which is whenever they can either pick you up or drop you off. If you want to sit in a shuttle and wait for 5 hours and pay a lot of money - go for it.

Original review: March 29, 2018

DO NOT USE SUPER SHUTTLE!! NOT reliable. TERRIBLE customer service. YOU WILL MISS YOUR FLIGHT. My ride was scheduled to arrive 04:25PM - 04:40PM. At 4:30, I get a call from the driver stating that the first passengers weren't ready yet and that he was going to be 20 minutes late to pick us up - so he would be there around 5pm. I expressed my concern about making to the airport on time as we had bags to check and GPS was saying it would take 1 hour 10 minutes to get to the airport from my house. He said it would be fine and he would be there by 5. At 4:50 I called him again to check the ETA and he said he was still at the other passenger's house which was 30 minutes away and that he would "hopefully be to us by 5:15/5:20".

At this point, my faith in him was completely lost, as this was his 3rd time delaying his arrival. (The first was a voicemail saying he would arrive at the later end of our window). With traffic, there was no way, that even if he did arrive by this new time, that we would make our flight. After telling him this, he advised that I find another method of getting to the airport!! Luckily, my father had left me with his car keys, so we had to take his car. We arrived with barely enough time, and also incurred $58 in charges to leave his car at the airport.

I have never had such an awful experience with any company. We took a chance on your company because the website says over and over "Door to door reliable service. A qualified, trained driver arrives during your pick-up window to guarantee an on-time drop off." None of these things were true for us. The driver was incompetent and IF he actually were to finally arrive, he would've been over ONE HOUR LATE. So what is this "guarantee" to arrive on time?! This driver could care less and obviously was not reliable or qualified, as he clearly had no idea how long the drive was to the airport from my father's house.

I might not have been QUITE as upset as I am if when I called your customer service department they had displayed any level of professionalism or even apologized for the issue. The girl could also not care less, and there was nothing she could do for me - she couldn't even issue me a refund! I have to go through an online form - the poorest customer support I have ever received.

And then, to top it all off, right before I boarded the plane, I get another message from Super Shuttle stating that "my driver arrived at my location and as I was not there, he had to leave without me". WHAT?! I called back and the dispatcher told me he heard from the driver that I was not there and so HE had to cancel the ride. I told the dispatcher the story and he tells me that he will have to talk to the driver again to verify the story. Again, WHAT?! I have all the evidence that I had to drive myself to airport, and he's telling me that he doesn't believe me? Wow. So many wows. He also tells me to fill out this form instead of being able to do anything. I sure my disappointment with this service is clear.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We had a pick up scheduled for 8:20pm from Anaheim to LAX. After several calls, each time being told the driver was 5 minutes away, we were forced to call a cab after one hour of waiting. The driver NEVER showed, we barely made our flight after running to the gate. Customer service agent was rude, never offered an apology or compensation. Told me I would have to email the company to get a refund. This Super Shuttle should be prohibited from offering airport service.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Purchased round trip private shuttle transportation from Travelocity with the vendor Super Shuttle Mexico and would never use either company again. Our driver was a no-show for the ride from the hotel to the airport. Waited 1/2 hour, called at least once and still they did not show so we took a taxi. Neither Travelocity nor Super Shuttle will refund for 1/2 the cost, so we are disputing with our credit card.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Super Shuttle didn't pick me up, waited over an hour and had to call them for update. Still no driver around and may take at least another 30 minutes. This was at 2 am, after flight delays and 17 hours of travel... I was alone outside in the ground transportation area, and they couldn't get me the driver I was promised when I got my ticket. I even called as soon as I had flight delays to ensure I would still have a ride and they said yes. I ended up having to get a taxi and paying $69 to get to my hotel! So frustrated. They refunded the initial $20 reservation fee for my ticket but would not pay for the taxi. Supervisor is always unavailable when I call so also get the runaround. I wouldn't have had to pay $69 if they showed up as promised. They should acknowledge that and provide good customer service and refund it to me. Never using them again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Upon arriving at Ft Myers, FL airport, I clicked the text in a Super Shuttle email to begin the check-in process. I succeeded only through step two, verifying that I had landed. Step three's heading was "Verify Location," and displayed only a blank screen. This reoccurred every time I tried it. I then downloaded the Super Shuttle phone app, and it produced the same result. Then I began calling the customer service number. It hung up on four calls when I selected the option to check/change the status of my reservation. I got a real person finally when I selected the option to make a new reservation. She gave me the number of a regional dispatcher, but that just switched me into infinite call-holding.

After an hour of frustration, I took a taxi. A few days later I called to cancel my return reservation and demand a refund for the airport connection debacle. The agent and the agent's supervisor had only authority for cancellation, not refund. I had to request that online, and I am still waiting. I have used Super Shuttle before, successfully. I understand that bad things can happen. The great failing I experienced was that human beings with authority to step in and fix problems real time are just not available. There is no backup when their system fails.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The Super Shuttle transportation service is excellent but their Lost and Found Dept is terrible. I didn't realize it at the time until after I unboarded the van at the airport and the van had left, my reading glasses in its case was in the van. It must have fallen out of my jacket pocket. Upon arrival at my destination in Arizona, I contacted the company's online Lost and Found Dept and reported to them my lost reading glasses with additional info on my Reservation number as well as the number of the van I rode in. They cordially responded to me via email with a ticket number to use as a reference. Well, that's as far as they went. They didn't seem to follow up on my issue. A week later upon my return home to San Diego, I contacted the company headquarter and was given a point of contact to call in the San Diego office and their address. I then called the person and waited for a few days for her to call back, but she never did.

Therefore, I drove all the way to their office, gave the person who greeted me the reference number I was given. He looked for the Lost and Found rep but unfortunately, she had already left for lunch. Another person in the office came to my aide and called the driver of the van I rode and was able to confirm my reading glasses is in his possession and would bring it to the office in an hour. I waited outside the building until the driver showed up with my glasses. I don't know who's at fault, but it seems like the Lost and Found Dept doesn't seem to put a high priority on reported lost items. People report lost items because it is dear to them but the Dept regards them as "whatever". What makes this experience terrible is I ended up going to their office to get them to do something. Unfortunately, I no longer have the Supper Shuttle Ticket number because I have deleted the email and the Trash folder is emptied.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I recently booked and prepaid for a Super Shuttle shared-ride going to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport from Kimpton Rouge Hotel in Washington, DC. The confirmation sent from Super Shuttle said that their vehicle would pick me up during 5:05 a.m. - 5:20 a.m. on November 21. However, the driver didn't show up and at 6 a.m. in that morning, Super Shuttle sent me a text message saying "Please take a cab; Super Shuttle will refund you if you have prepaid." As a result, I almost missed my flight. More than a week ago, I filed a request to get the refund. Up to now, I haven't heard anything from Super Shuttle about the refund. I will never use the service of Super Shuttle again. Never!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On November 13th we had a scheduled appointment for 8:45 in downtown NY. Our flight arrived at JFK at 7am and we had scheduled Super Shuttle to take us to the city with a return trip to JFK at 9:50. WE chose Super Shuttle because the ad said 22 minute trip. We were picked up promptly but then sat in the airport parking lot for 45 minutes.

We arrived for our appointment at 9:30 and I called our return driver and told him I could not be ready at 9:50 and he informed me that he was running late and would call when he was ready. At 10:10 he called and I told him that I needed a few more minutes but he told me that he had to leave and I would need to call dispatch. At 10:15 I was ready and tried unsuccessfully to contact dispatch. At 10:30 I took a cab back to JFK. I have tried contacting Super Shuttle three times and have received three canned messages thanking me for contacting them. I am yet to communicate with a human. I have asked for a refund for the missed trip plus the tip I gave in advance.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Service to and from BWI - Stay away. They made me miss my flight because driver was very late. Reached out to customer service and they didn't bother to contact me. Have used this location for (4) round trips this year. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had booked and prepaid a shared van to take me from my NYC accommodation on West 81st St to JFK. This prepayment included a tip/gratuity. That day I received the confirmation code and location tracker via SMS so I could track the van. So far so good. But the driver got to 84th St an hour later than expected, then turned around and didn't even attempt to pick me up. I texted him to tell him I was still waiting. No reply. I then rang the company - 10 minutes waiting to get to a person. She spoke to the driver, no reason given, and no other van running today so they weren't going to pick me up.

So I had to book with Uber instead, and was informed I could get this fare refunded via their website. Luckily I had allowed half a day to get to JFK, so I got an Uber and lodged my claim for $90. Got the first email to say a case manager would look at my issue, then never heard back. Have emailed three times now, to no avail. Hopeless service. Had used Super Shuttle before - only issue was rude drivers - but this is a rip-off, not even an explanation!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had to change a ride (Airport Shuttle Ride) due to an early flight ahead of Hurricane Irma. Got confirmation. The driver did not show causing me to miss a flight. Company is very unprofessional. Still trying to get a refund. Doubting at this point I will. Would not recommend!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My wife and I had used this service a few times with no problem, however this last time over the weekend was a disaster. The driver was to pick us up at terminal 5 in JFK at midnight however the driver left us to stand there for one and a half hours. When my wife and I called we received the same sorry answer 15 minutes. The dispatcher was an incompetent lying fool. The driver finally showed at 1:30 am. He offered no apology and acted like we were ruining his evening. Never again will I use this SHODDY UNPROFESSIONAL CLOWN SERVICE. I recommend to all never use Super Shuttle. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

They "forgot" to pick me up at the airport and it took 3 calls, and being put on hold for 10+ each time, to get to the manager, Wes. They lied and said they sent the car to my house (security camera shows this was not true), instead of the airport. An hour later, a VERY rude driver showed up in a dirty car, THREW the luggage in the car, did not open or close the door for my handicapped friend, and was VERY rude. He went to the wrong terminal and blamed it on me. You give this company your flight information so clearly they don't monitor flights or care for their customers. I wrote 3 times to the email address for the company to complain. All you get is an automated response and nobody answers. Stay far away from this AWFUL company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I checked in for a free booked ride from airport and I was assigned a cab 70 minutes after that. I got late for office due to that. Have another pickup and for last 1 hour I see through locate cab feature that cab is at exact same place, not moving an inch. I am sure my pickup would be delayed by at least an hour.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I took my family to Los Angeles holiday in July 2017. I booked a shuttle via the Super Shuttle/ExecuCar service to pick us up on August 1, 2017 from Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City Hotel to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel at 12:30 noon. We were waiting at the Hilton Hotel front entrance for the shuttle at 12:20 noon. Although I received a SMS message saying the ride was coming, we did not see any sign of the shuttle ride. We kept waiting. At around 12:50 PM (noon), I called the customer service. They told me that there was some technical problem and the shuttle would arrive in 15 minutes. We kept waiting. Then around 1:05 PM, I called the customer service again and told them that the driver and the ride did not show up. Somehow the line was cut off. I called again and spoke with the customer service representative and told him what happened.

I told them again that the driver and the ride did not show up and asked for a refund of my prepayment. The customer service representative said he could arrange it and asked for my credit card account which I have given to him. After I spoke with the customer service representative, I used my iPad to file a complaint with their Help Centre. I received an automatic email acknowledging my filing and replying that a case manager would contact me to follow up the matter. Nobody from Super Shuttle has ever contacted me. I then filed another two complaints and received the same kind of auto reply. It has been over two weeks and nobody from the Super Shuttle has ever contacted me. Nor do I receive a refund of my prepayment. I feel so frustrated and helpless.

This is my advice; think twice before considering using their service especially if you are not travelling from the airport. There is no guarantee of the quality of service. And if the driver does not show up like my experience, nothing much you can do and you might be ended up in a desperate, frustrated and helpless situation. Do not expect they would take your complaint seriously and do not expect they would really refund your money. They would be out of your reach. Imagine if I were going to the airport instead in my experience, I might have missed the flight. The loss would be even bigger. There are always other choices. Super Shuttle should be the very, very last resort if you can afford taking the risk.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Worst customer service ever. My scheduled pickup was at 6:25 AM and I got message of driver etc on SMS. I waited till 6:35 AM and the vehicle is 40 min distance away from me and not moving. The only option we have is request driver a call back. I did that many time but never received a response. I wait till 6:40 AM and called customer service. It took 10 mins to connect and they casually informed that vehicle is having a breakdown and they assigned a taxi for me. I asked for contact details or vehicle number or something, at least an ETA, then they transferred to dispatch and it took another 10 min to connect. The dispatch person told me that it will come in 4 min and he will send details on SMS. I never received any SMS and neither the taxi arrived. I waited till 7:10 AM and called them again.

Again after 10 min plus 10 min it's the same issue. No details of taxi, it didn't arrive and I'm waiting in the cold outside my building from one hour. The guy requested me to wait and said the driver is calling me and to check my voice mail. I didn't get any call or voice mail. I called again and finally frustrated that I'm gonna miss my 8:50 flight since the time is already 7:30. Then I booked Uber and reached airport 5 min late. Fortunately the flight is delayed by half an hour due to bad weather and I got saved. Firstly, they won't update u if there is a problem. U need to call them. Then it will take ages to connect and they transfer the calls and frustrate you. Then they assign taxi which will never arrive and u have a pretty good chance of missing your flight for trusting these people.

Last but not the least, I called them and told I took Uber from the cab and asked them to refund my money and also the Uber fare. They asked me to submit the request online (they why the hell did I wait for 15 min to talk to them and inform them immediately?) I did submit immediately. It's been 5 days and I did not receive any update on my complaint. Just now I called and it's been 28 min, the lady kept me on hold and no response. I felt like a fool to wait. With lots of frustration, I want to warn you not to go through what I'm going through now. Thank God, I didn't miss my flight due to bad weather. Imagine missing the flight too!!! It's a hell to deal with SUPERSHUTTLE!!!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I booked a ride to the airport from my home weeks in advance with the SuperShuttle company. I received a confirmation and my credit card was charged for their service. I called and reconfirmed the night before. At my scheduled pick-up time, SuperShuttle called me and cancelled my ride. They said they had no car or shuttle to pick me up. No excuse for this was given. This was a breach of contract. I was left stranded with no time to book another ride to the airport. Their customer service regarding this breach was unhelpful. I have since found many complaints online against this company. They should not be allowed to take Californian's money or be in business in this state.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Booked at Executive car to pick up our son who was travelling alone for the first time and thought this would be the safest option after a long haul flight. Flight was delayed by 30 mins and when he left the airport, no driver was there and no staff in the airport for assistance. Was approached by a guy telling him the Super Shuttles and car services finish at 11 pm but he could assist getting a taxi. Our son was exhausted, disoriented and confused and got scammed by this con artist who said he was an Uber driver and could take him to his hotel for $120 US.

Of course he should not have gone with him, a stupid mistake that ended up costing him $500 US and he and his luggage was locked into the car until he paid the driver. He arrived at his hotel terrified, out of his mind but not physically harmed and all luggage and personal effects intact. Imagine our horror to find out what had happened. Where was the Super Shuttle Executive car I had booked and paid for? This was an unfortunate horrible mistake that could have been much, much worse. Have emailed Super Shuttle but no reply. Don't use at your own peril, don't use at all. There were plenty of taxis outside and that would have been the best option for our son but thankfully he is OK and now enjoying the rest of his holiday.

Original review: June 6, 2017

This is the worst company to deal with, and I highly recommend not getting fooled into thinking you're getting a discount. They will take hours to pick you up, and hours driving around, don't believe in any 15 minute windows, try 45 to an hour, and cross your fingers your won't miss your flight. This company is a joke.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I scheduled and prepaid for a shuttle from LAX to my destination. After watching 6 shuttles pass me by, and asking the attendant at the Super Shuttle stand when I could expect my shuttle, he said I had not been assigned, even though I had scheduled and prepaid. One of the shuttles was going to a section of the city where I knew they had to pass by where I was going. It pulled out empty. After a 25 minute wait, I decided to take a cab. I'm now trying to get hold of a customer service rep at Super Shuttle - surprise - they don't list a phone number at their site, although I did manage to find one online. When you call the customer service number, what you hear is a long commercial, then are told to file a request for refund to go back to the website, where it'll take 7 business days to get a response. Guess I will have to file a complaint and refund request with my credit card company.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Booked car for individual person on the 5/04/2017. Price included even tip for ghost driver. Car never showed up. Driver never answered phone when client rang several times. My Company tried to get in touch with ExecuCar who referred back to driver, who never picked up the phone! It felt like one had landed in Mumbai in India... not New York City!!! Annoying and very disappointing experience. Will never use service again!

Super Shuttle Company Information