1.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

93 Super Shuttle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I recently booked and prepaid for a Super Shuttle shared-ride going to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport from Kimpton Rouge Hotel in Washington, DC. The confirmation sent from Super Shuttle said that their vehicle would pick me up during 5:05 a.m. - 5:20 a.m. on November 21. However, the driver didn't show up and at 6 a.m. in that morning, Super Shuttle sent me a text message saying "Please take a cab; Super Shuttle will refund you if you have prepaid." As a result, I almost missed my flight. More than a week ago, I filed a request to get the refund. Up to now, I haven't heard anything from Super Shuttle about the refund. I will never use the service of Super Shuttle again. Never!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On November 13th we had a scheduled appointment for 8:45 in downtown NY. Our flight arrived at JFK at 7am and we had scheduled Super Shuttle to take us to the city with a return trip to JFK at 9:50. WE chose Super Shuttle because the ad said 22 minute trip. We were picked up promptly but then sat in the airport parking lot for 45 minutes.

We arrived for our appointment at 9:30 and I called our return driver and told him I could not be ready at 9:50 and he informed me that he was running late and would call when he was ready. At 10:10 he called and I told him that I needed a few more minutes but he told me that he had to leave and I would need to call dispatch. At 10:15 I was ready and tried unsuccessfully to contact dispatch. At 10:30 I took a cab back to JFK. I have tried contacting Super Shuttle three times and have received three canned messages thanking me for contacting them. I am yet to communicate with a human. I have asked for a refund for the missed trip plus the tip I gave in advance.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Service to and from BWI - Stay away. They made me miss my flight because driver was very late. Reached out to customer service and they didn't bother to contact me. Have used this location for (4) round trips this year. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had booked and prepaid a shared van to take me from my NYC accommodation on West 81st St to JFK. This prepayment included a tip/gratuity. That day I received the confirmation code and location tracker via SMS so I could track the van. So far so good. But the driver got to 84th St an hour later than expected, then turned around and didn't even attempt to pick me up. I texted him to tell him I was still waiting. No reply. I then rang the company - 10 minutes waiting to get to a person. She spoke to the driver, no reason given, and no other van running today so they weren't going to pick me up.

So I had to book with Uber instead, and was informed I could get this fare refunded via their website. Luckily I had allowed half a day to get to JFK, so I got an Uber and lodged my claim for $90. Got the first email to say a case manager would look at my issue, then never heard back. Have emailed three times now, to no avail. Hopeless service. Had used Super Shuttle before - only issue was rude drivers - but this is a rip-off, not even an explanation!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had to change a ride (Airport Shuttle Ride) due to an early flight ahead of Hurricane Irma. Got confirmation. The driver did not show causing me to miss a flight. Company is very unprofessional. Still trying to get a refund. Doubting at this point I will. Would not recommend!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Shuttle?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

My wife and I had used this service a few times with no problem, however this last time over the weekend was a disaster. The driver was to pick us up at terminal 5 in JFK at midnight however the driver left us to stand there for one and a half hours. When my wife and I called we received the same sorry answer 15 minutes. The dispatcher was an incompetent lying fool. The driver finally showed at 1:30 am. He offered no apology and acted like we were ruining his evening. Never again will I use this SHODDY UNPROFESSIONAL CLOWN SERVICE. I recommend to all never use Super Shuttle. They are the worst.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

They "forgot" to pick me up at the airport and it took 3 calls, and being put on hold for 10+ each time, to get to the manager, Wes. They lied and said they sent the car to my house (security camera shows this was not true), instead of the airport. An hour later, a VERY rude driver showed up in a dirty car, THREW the luggage in the car, did not open or close the door for my handicapped friend, and was VERY rude. He went to the wrong terminal and blamed it on me. You give this company your flight information so clearly they don't monitor flights or care for their customers. I wrote 3 times to the email address for the company to complain. All you get is an automated response and nobody answers. Stay far away from this AWFUL company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I checked in for a free booked ride from airport and I was assigned a cab 70 minutes after that. I got late for office due to that. Have another pickup and for last 1 hour I see through locate cab feature that cab is at exact same place, not moving an inch. I am sure my pickup would be delayed by at least an hour.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I took my family to Los Angeles holiday in July 2017. I booked a shuttle via the Super Shuttle/ExecuCar service to pick us up on August 1, 2017 from Hilton Los Angeles/Universal City Hotel to Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel at 12:30 noon. We were waiting at the Hilton Hotel front entrance for the shuttle at 12:20 noon. Although I received a SMS message saying the ride was coming, we did not see any sign of the shuttle ride. We kept waiting. At around 12:50 PM (noon), I called the customer service. They told me that there was some technical problem and the shuttle would arrive in 15 minutes. We kept waiting. Then around 1:05 PM, I called the customer service again and told them that the driver and the ride did not show up. Somehow the line was cut off. I called again and spoke with the customer service representative and told him what happened.

I told them again that the driver and the ride did not show up and asked for a refund of my prepayment. The customer service representative said he could arrange it and asked for my credit card account which I have given to him. After I spoke with the customer service representative, I used my iPad to file a complaint with their Help Centre. I received an automatic email acknowledging my filing and replying that a case manager would contact me to follow up the matter. Nobody from Super Shuttle has ever contacted me. I then filed another two complaints and received the same kind of auto reply. It has been over two weeks and nobody from the Super Shuttle has ever contacted me. Nor do I receive a refund of my prepayment. I feel so frustrated and helpless.

This is my advice; think twice before considering using their service especially if you are not travelling from the airport. There is no guarantee of the quality of service. And if the driver does not show up like my experience, nothing much you can do and you might be ended up in a desperate, frustrated and helpless situation. Do not expect they would take your complaint seriously and do not expect they would really refund your money. They would be out of your reach. Imagine if I were going to the airport instead in my experience, I might have missed the flight. The loss would be even bigger. There are always other choices. Super Shuttle should be the very, very last resort if you can afford taking the risk.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Worst customer service ever. My scheduled pickup was at 6:25 AM and I got message of driver etc on SMS. I waited till 6:35 AM and the vehicle is 40 min distance away from me and not moving. The only option we have is request driver a call back. I did that many time but never received a response. I wait till 6:40 AM and called customer service. It took 10 mins to connect and they casually informed that vehicle is having a breakdown and they assigned a taxi for me. I asked for contact details or vehicle number or something, at least an ETA, then they transferred to dispatch and it took another 10 min to connect. The dispatch person told me that it will come in 4 min and he will send details on SMS. I never received any SMS and neither the taxi arrived. I waited till 7:10 AM and called them again.

Again after 10 min plus 10 min it's the same issue. No details of taxi, it didn't arrive and I'm waiting in the cold outside my building from one hour. The guy requested me to wait and said the driver is calling me and to check my voice mail. I didn't get any call or voice mail. I called again and finally frustrated that I'm gonna miss my 8:50 flight since the time is already 7:30. Then I booked Uber and reached airport 5 min late. Fortunately the flight is delayed by half an hour due to bad weather and I got saved. Firstly, they won't update u if there is a problem. U need to call them. Then it will take ages to connect and they transfer the calls and frustrate you. Then they assign taxi which will never arrive and u have a pretty good chance of missing your flight for trusting these people.

Last but not the least, I called them and told I took Uber from the cab and asked them to refund my money and also the Uber fare. They asked me to submit the request online (they why the hell did I wait for 15 min to talk to them and inform them immediately?) I did submit immediately. It's been 5 days and I did not receive any update on my complaint. Just now I called and it's been 28 min, the lady kept me on hold and no response. I felt like a fool to wait. With lots of frustration, I want to warn you not to go through what I'm going through now. Thank God, I didn't miss my flight due to bad weather. Imagine missing the flight too!!! It's a hell to deal with SUPERSHUTTLE!!!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I booked a ride to the airport from my home weeks in advance with the SuperShuttle company. I received a confirmation and my credit card was charged for their service. I called and reconfirmed the night before. At my scheduled pick-up time, SuperShuttle called me and cancelled my ride. They said they had no car or shuttle to pick me up. No excuse for this was given. This was a breach of contract. I was left stranded with no time to book another ride to the airport. Their customer service regarding this breach was unhelpful. I have since found many complaints online against this company. They should not be allowed to take Californian's money or be in business in this state.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Booked at Executive car to pick up our son who was travelling alone for the first time and thought this would be the safest option after a long haul flight. Flight was delayed by 30 mins and when he left the airport, no driver was there and no staff in the airport for assistance. Was approached by a guy telling him the Super Shuttles and car services finish at 11 pm but he could assist getting a taxi. Our son was exhausted, disoriented and confused and got scammed by this con artist who said he was an Uber driver and could take him to his hotel for $120 US.

Of course he should not have gone with him, a stupid mistake that ended up costing him $500 US and he and his luggage was locked into the car until he paid the driver. He arrived at his hotel terrified, out of his mind but not physically harmed and all luggage and personal effects intact. Imagine our horror to find out what had happened. Where was the Super Shuttle Executive car I had booked and paid for? This was an unfortunate horrible mistake that could have been much, much worse. Have emailed Super Shuttle but no reply. Don't use at your own peril, don't use at all. There were plenty of taxis outside and that would have been the best option for our son but thankfully he is OK and now enjoying the rest of his holiday.

Original review: June 6, 2017

This is the worst company to deal with, and I highly recommend not getting fooled into thinking you're getting a discount. They will take hours to pick you up, and hours driving around, don't believe in any 15 minute windows, try 45 to an hour, and cross your fingers your won't miss your flight. This company is a joke.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I scheduled and prepaid for a shuttle from LAX to my destination. After watching 6 shuttles pass me by, and asking the attendant at the Super Shuttle stand when I could expect my shuttle, he said I had not been assigned, even though I had scheduled and prepaid. One of the shuttles was going to a section of the city where I knew they had to pass by where I was going. It pulled out empty. After a 25 minute wait, I decided to take a cab. I'm now trying to get hold of a customer service rep at Super Shuttle - surprise - they don't list a phone number at their site, although I did manage to find one online. When you call the customer service number, what you hear is a long commercial, then are told to file a request for refund to go back to the website, where it'll take 7 business days to get a response. Guess I will have to file a complaint and refund request with my credit card company.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Booked car for individual person on the 5/04/2017. Price included even tip for ghost driver. Car never showed up. Driver never answered phone when client rang several times. My Company tried to get in touch with ExecuCar who referred back to driver, who never picked up the phone! It felt like one had landed in Mumbai in India... not New York City!!! Annoying and very disappointing experience. Will never use service again!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Pretty bad experience. I went everywhere in Maryland until they drop the last passenger and for 2$ more I could have rented an Uber and gone directly to where I was going. Never take a SuperShuttle again in Maryland, unless they change their system.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

If I could give negative stars I would give them a negative 5. Our flight was delayed from Milwaukee to San Antonio on 1/11/17 due to weather conditions. I called to let them know we would not be getting in until 1/12/17 at 7:25 a.m. When I tried to give my name the guy said they didn't need it and to just call in the morning when we arrived and they would have someone come and get us. We arrived at 7:10 am and I called to let them know. The lady I spoke with was very rude to say the least. When I explained our situation she told me they didn't have anyone in the area to get us which was not true because the very nice lady at the customer service counter (she works for the airport not the shuttle company) saw one coming up and tried to chase them down to stop but they wouldn't.

When I mentioned this to the lady on the phone she said again they didn't have anyone and I repeated what I had just told her and her reply was she would try to get someone there but it would be awhile and that we needed to go to the service desk where they have someone staffed. I told her we were already there and no one was here, she then told me that someone should be coming soon and they would be able to help us. I asked again when we would be getting picked up and her response was it will be awhile as they aren't an on demand shuttle and we would just have to wait without any type of timeframe. Finally a lady shows up, gets our name, and processed our pre-paid ticket and then tells us to have a seat it will be awhile. When we asked how long she just said, "I don't know it will be awhile." She then proceeds to pull her phone out, puts her ear buds in, and lays her head down on the desk. Wow what great customer service they have.

I guess that was our cue she was done talking to us. By this time it was almost 8 am and we have been dealing with them for 40 minutes with no resolution. I checked out the shuttle's website and I was able to log in and cancel our return trip back to the airport since they have proved how unreliable they are. I booked a ride with Uber and we were picked up by 8:05 am and to our hotel by 8:30 and the cost was half what Super Shuttle charges and the customer service was phenomenal. We received 2 text messages from the shuttle company one around 930 and another around 10 to let us know we had been assigned to a shuttle and what number the shuttle was, it takes over 2 hours after we arrived before they would have had a shuttle for us. What a joke. I will never book with them again and also passed on the information to our travel agent that they shouldn't book anyone on their shuttles again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I made a reservation. The first half of the ride was ok. I did not receive a phone or text from the driver saying they were close but ok. The last part of the trip was totally unacceptable. When I arrived at the airport and proceeded to the super shuttle service area. I had the problem. There were 7 of us waiting for pickup. Each of us were told, there were no vehicles to send. When asked when there might be, all I got was, "Sorry, there are no vehicles to send." I ended up taking a taxi, which cost me more money. I complained and eventually got my money for the last part of the trip. But I believe, they should pay me the difference I had to pay for the taxi. This was not my fault and I should not be made to pay it. When I ask, I am told it is not their policy. I believe if you offer a service and fail to complete that service, there should be some sort of compensation.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Life is too short to waste your time on this service. They were fast to charge my credit card for a ride they were UNABLE to provide. Missed my meeting, ended up in a cab that was only 10 dollars more for a 30-minute ride. THIS IS NOT A VALUE AND I've spoken with them numerous times and they are yet to have reversed the erroneous charge on my credit card. I am now having to spend more time disputing the charge through the credit card company. Hugely disappointing!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

On December 3, 2016, I prepaid for return transportation to the airport from my hotel. I stayed at the Hilton Gardens Resort in Las Vegas, NV. My pickup time was scheduled for 11:00 am, but I was patiently waiting outside, in the cold at an earlier time of 10:50 am. After the shuttle did not arrive by 11:17, I contacted Super Shuttle dispatch. Dispatch informed me that the driver reported that I was a no show at 11:05 am. I then argued to the dispatch that this was not true, for I was waiting outside since 10:50 am and there was no Super Shuttle ever there. The dispatch then told me that I would have to find my own way to the airport and possibly offer a refund through Super Shuttle Corporate. This is extremely bad, unprofessional and dangerous!!! I will NEVER, EVER use their services again. Use this company at your own risk!!! You will definitely get burned!!!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Worst experience! Unreliable, lying, lying, and again lying. I was supposed to be picked up at 11:13 am from the Hotel in San Antonio, TX after I had paid in cash. However, the Super Shuttle did not arrive. After contacting them the person lied all the time to me. They did not show up although they promised me that in 5 minutes the Shuttle would be at the hotel. They delayed me for 1 hours and 45 minutes. I needed to take a taxi to drive to the airport and almost lost my flight. Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

On 10/19/2016. My family arrived at the Los Angeles Airport going to the Happiest place in the world, Disneyland. We used the Super Shuttle service without a reservation. First of all the driver ask if we were paying cash. When he saw that each of our family members had two bags. We were the last pick-up and there was one seat empty that driver was ferociously turning to fill. He stopped at every stop even when the attendants gave signals that they could not have a customer at the stops. He not only stopped at every stop - Seven Stops - he got out of the van and begged for fares that was not there. Horrible experience!!

When we finally arrived at the hotel the driver took some of our luggage out and asked for a tip. He said the cost of the trip did not include his tip. The driver piled our bags on the sidewalk and left. After noticing two of my bags are missing I have called several times leaving messages without getting a call back from the Los Angeles office. Super Shuttle corporate office tells me the person in Los Angeles has a report and will contact me. Not!! I'm very dissatisfied with Super Shuttle. Look at the pictures this little one wants his bag back. How could this little bag benefit anyone it does not belong to?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Recently, our company was auditing our transport via Super Shuttle and noticed that on 8/5/2016 a gratuity was automatically added, even though we put $0.00 in the gratuity drop down box. We know this for a fact because we always pay a cash tip due to our tax and reimbursement policy. Thinking that this may have been a computer glitch, I proceeded to make a reservation on 11/01/16. Paying closer attention to the amount charged, I noticed that although placing a $0.00 in the gratuity line, it defaulted to 18%. Basically, Super Shuttle is committing a crime - it is called fraud.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2016

On 10/17, I had a pickup time to go to the airport. I received a call a few minutes before the pickup time to say that the van driver was running late so they would be sending a cab instead that was prepaid. 15 minutes later no cab. Called dispatch, got transferred then disconnected. Called back, put on hold for a while, and they said the cab company's "system was down" and that a cab from a company (which gets ** in Yelp) was "on the way".

Had it not been for the fact that it was already 20-25 minutes past pickup time, the middle of rush hour, and that I had had a previous experience with one of these taxi swapadeedoos in Houston where I ended getting stuck at the airport for three hours, I might have given it the benefit of the doubt, but at this point, I told him to cancel it, and I flagged down a taxi within 10 seconds. Sent them a comment on their website to see if they would refund. No reply. Nothing. Shame, really. Have had good experiences with them, but the ones like this are beginning to add up.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2016

SuperShuttle offered me a discount on my next booking, which I used reserving a round trip shuttle from and to PIE airport. However, the discount was not applied to my reservation, and despite three attempts to resolve this directly with SuperShuttle they continue to ignore me. I'd call this a sort of a bait and switch. Regardless, this is very unprofessional. On a positive note, drivers were excellent... their employer, however, not so much.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

On 10/10/16 I and a guest were schedule for pick up at 8:05 pm from Newark airport, NJ. I was provided with an electronic check in and without hesitation I checked us in. Shortly after I received a few text staying it was 2 minutes away, it was in a nearby terminal, SuperShuttle provided us with shuttle number and driver number. Needless to say it took 2 1/2 hrs to get service. I called Customer service who was semi helpful. I saw two SuperShuttle and approach asking them about my trip.

I was received by a sexist, racist man driver stating that this is how it run and I have to deal with it then yelling at me for asking him for his badge and driver number. After we are FINALLY seated we were waiting without any notice for another 20 minutes with passengers. The driver then went on and say if we have a problem to speak to his boss. He must full the van up before leaving. We picked up three additional people and then after 3 hours we were on our way. This is utterly disrespectful, unprofessional and unethical.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

On the morning of Wednesday, September 14, 2016, our driver, vehicle 362, never showed up. He had already pushed his arrival time out twice and we could not follow him on the GPS online map because it never showed his vehicle moving. He originally was suppose to show up between 03:30 am-03:45 am, then 04:00 am to 04:30 am. When he didn't show at 4:30 am, we called him and he said, rudely, he was outside waiting and we told him he wasn't outside. I asked if he can tell me where he was and he wouldn't. He then told us to request another driver and he was on his way to the airport. We called Super Shuttle and made a request for refund and we have not received our money back. I will never request Super Shuttle ever again.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

This is for the SuperShuttle in San Antonio. Our pick was supposed to have been at noon. No van, soon we called the dispatch. We were told 15 minutes out. No van at 12:30. Called again and was told 3 minutes out. No van at 12:45. We're told that another van will be dispatched. The van spotted down a street, so I flagged him over. This was 1:15. But, the driver had another pickup and took his time about it. Arrived at the airport about 1:50 -- 35 minutes before departure with check-in, baggage check and security to go. We did barely make our plane but we were totally frustrated.

What happened, and this was confirmed by the last driver, was that the dispatch as sending the drivers to the Drury Hotel, instead of Drury Plaza. As matter of fact, in that over an hour period that I was looking out (my wife was in the lobby waiting, in case a driver came in at another entrance), I saw three of their van cruise by going in the wrong direction. They are close to each other but they should know their own city.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

If I could give SuperShuttle a negative I would. I got picked up at LGA by a driver at about 3 pm on August 19 my birthday no less, and I did not get to my hotel until 7:20 and that is after the driver dropped me and my daughter off miles away from my destination which he said was only a block away! But IT WAS NOT. The hotel was on 34th & Lexington and we were dropped off on 8th Avenue. We were also the LAST to get dropped off which I hate to say this but all the other passengers were **. He seemed like he did not know where the hotel was or even that he couldn't turn onto the street where the hotel was supposed to be. But signs were posted no turns after 7 pm which was clearly a daily occurrence. Any driver should have known this.

I felt his actions were intentional and reeked of prejudice. I was so highly disappointed, exhausted and exasperated plus I almost missed a Broadway play at 8 pm. We fortunately got a taxi from where he left us and another to the show. I HATED this transportation choice and will make it my business to let everyone I can know of the terrible service I received. CUSTOMER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I was never picked up at my residence on the evening of 8/22/16. My pickup time was 8:13 pm and I called into the main no. at approx. 8:20 to inquire as to the whereabouts of my ride. The customer service agent delayed me and then told me the driver said I was a "no show". They delayed me further while I was on hold for an additional 40 minutes telling me I would have to book a new reservation and give all of my information again. I was a prepaid fare, having already paid on my credit card. I gave her the additional information and was promised a new pickup had been arranged for 9:00 pm. After a long period of stillness on the phone line I inquired as to the delay and told there was no problem then quickly disconnected.

Another agent answered the phone and I explained to him I was already being taken care of. Then I was transferred to another agent who informed me finally at 9:10 pm that no additional ride had ever been dispatched to pick me up. I realized that a week of planning for this important trip for an emergency medical appointment was lost. I am extremely upset and angered at this company and I demand some type of investigation. This is unacceptable.

Super Shuttle Company Information