1.14/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

118 Super Shuttle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The flight my wife and I were on arrived about 20 mins late. When we turned on our phones we received a message saying our driver was available to pick us up. But when we called the driver he said he had picked up someone else and would be back for us later. Not a good start. We then had a little problem finding the check-in desk. Once we called the dispatcher we were told another driver would be there in 15-20 mins. We were told where to wait and the car number. Joseph, our driver, showed up less than 15 mins later. He was very polite and insisted on loading all our luggage. He made sure my wife was comfortably seated and showed us how to use the AC controls. Joseph was a very good driver. He received a call just before we set off and took the call before driving. This didn't delay us more than a minute and I would prefer that he did not talk while driving so I had no problem with him taking the call while stopped.

The drive and conversation with Joseph was very pleasant. I just wish I knew his last name so he could receive the full recognition that he deserves. If the original driver had bothered to check that our flight was delayed as Super Shuttle (Houston Texas) had all our flight details he could have called for another driver to be waiting for us. In that case I would have been very happy to give Super Shuttle 5 stars.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

The ** lady that works the stand outside of American air at Term #4 at LAX just talked me out of using your service? I approached her at 12:30 pm today without a reservation asking for a ride to Walnut. She replied it would be a 40 minute wait. I said that is how long I wait when I have a reservation? Then she said they have no vans? Really on a Friday at noon at LAX??? Then I asked if she needed my name and she responded, "You really want to wait that long?" I told her I had no way home! Then I said, "Why are you trying to talk me out of using your service?" She replied, "But do you really want to wait that long?" I told her she was lousy for Super Shuttle business and I would get a cab. 5 minutes later my cab drove right past her stand and she stared at me in the cab as we passed her empty Super Shuttle stand! Great employees. Really great customer service. No wonder Uber and Lyft are taking your business.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I hate to have to add our names to the list of SuperShuttle people that will never ever use their "service" again. We, too, have used SuperShuttle in the past and at least the experience was okay. Our recent experience with them, their total lack of support or concern has guaranteed that I will never count on them ever again.

We were supposed to be picked up between 3:30 AM and 3:45 AM August 2nd, 2018 to take a Delta flight from Phoenix to Detroit Michigan. We found out recently that my husband has a degenerative brain disease and is terminally ill. Our family planned a special vacation back home for his birthday so they could all show love and support while he's still healthy enough to travel. Weeks prior to the flight, we made reservations online with SuperShuttle. We had given clear instructions on how to get to our apartment. When you enter our complex, it's like a big circle. You just turn right and stay on the outside of the circle where we would be waiting. We were standing curbside at 3:20 AM. I checked the "track your driver" feature. At about 3:43 AM, it stated the driver was 6 minutes away. I thought everything was on track. To my shock, here's what happened.

As I watched, the vehicle on the tracker entered our community. The vehicle sat at the entry, frozen. The screen appeared this way for about 2 to 3 minutes. Meanwhile, there were NO VEHICLES coming down our road. Because of Monsoon Season, it was very humid. We were both drenched in sweat by the time 3:53 AM rolled around. My husband was getting agitated (never a good thing).

I called SuperShuttle to see where our driver was. I couldn't believe what I was told by "Customer Support." In a very non-concerned manner, I was told that the driver "had come to our address and we weren't there so he left." Which was not possible because we were standing curbside the entire time! To top that statement off, it was followed by a "you'll have to find another ride to the airport because the driver's not coming back." Really? Well, it won't be difficult to catch a ride at 4 AM. They'll hold our flight until we arrive, right? I swear, the driver entered our community, stopped near the entrance, and CHOSE to abandon us when we were scheduled to be at the airport by 4 AM.

Our apartment is only about 10 to 15 minutes away. Oh, and then I was told, "You can request a refund." Are you serious? My husband is terminally ill, was pacing back and forth and getting more agitated by the minute because our shuttle wasn't coming. He actually tripped over the curb and I had to have him sit down. He needs a wheelchair at the airport as he's having balance issues. That means it takes extra time to check in.

SuperShuttle wasted all of our time and abandoned us. Just like other reviewers are stating, there was no phone call either from the driver stating that they needed assistance to find us, or that they were leaving our community, nothing. The Customer Support Rep said, "Well, they won't call you. If you're not standing out there, they just leave." I couldn't believe they were this incompetent, rude, and uncaring. They seemed to have no concept of the position they had placed us in, nor did they care.

I've been on previous SuperShuttle rides. One time the person who needed their service overslept. The driver went to the door, talked to the person's mother for an estimated wait time. We sat there and had to wait while the rider got dressed and situated on the shuttle. So, when we had a driver arrive at our complex and they can't even give us a phone call stating they needed guidance or that the driver is leaving because they can't see us? Our driver never showed up to pick us up. We didn't have any notice or response from SuperShuttle. We were given no explanation, no offer of assistance. We were accused of being the problem, that we were not outside ready for pickup when we were out there in the heat for 40 minutes. We were just abandoned. This is worse than no service at all because they make you believe you can count on them when it appears that their driver can just decide that picking you up isn't worth their trouble.

I would appear that in 2018, quality, professionalism, and integrity doesn't exist at SuperShuttle from Customer Service to the drivers they hire. I wanted this last trip back home to be stress-free and a good time filled with love. SuperShuttle made it start off in the worst way. I will NEVER AGAIN trust them with the most important part of my life right now, my husband.

Our advice to anyone considering using their online service for a ride is to use someone else with good reviews. You deserve to be treated respectfully, to be able to rely on a company for a safe enjoyable ride, to have Customer Support give you excellent service if there's an issue and to get to your destination on time.

Original review: July 31, 2018

If you are considering doing business with Super Shuttle, please read the reviews about this company’s history of unacceptable customer service first. After reading the reviews, (after the fact) my experience mirrors all the other reviews exactly. Like a lot of others mentioned in their reviews, we made round-trip reservations with Super Shuttle online several weeks prior to our trip and prepaid. (They promptly take your money.) Trip 1.). Shuttle arrived on time, driver was professional and efficient. The trip met our expectations. Trip 2) Rerun reservations scheduled from Oakland Airport to San Jose 7/28/18 12:15 am pickup. The returning trip was the complete opposite of trip one.

When the shuttle did not show up on time, we called the customer service number 800-851-4528, we got an automated message that we were calling after business hours. The automated message did not mention the after business hours support number. We found this number, 800-258-3826, in our confirmation e-mail. The customer service representative that answered sounded like she was trying to wake up. After explaining the situation and providing my confirmation number, I was not asked to “please hold while being transferred”. I was just transferred suddenly without even being told they were going to transferring me to another area. I was transferred to a dispatch number that left us on hold. I called the customer service number back, got another person who was worse than the first. She repeated what the first person did. They both disappeared never to be heard from again.

After waiting on hold and trying to get them back on the phone several times, we gave up and rented a car since it was well after 1:00 am. in the morning. The Super Shuttle was a NO SHOW. Their “No Show” policy, as stated in their disclosure to their customers, states they will charge the full amount of the reservation for no shows. If that is their policy for their customers, how are they held accountable for no shows on their part? It seems they owe many customers an explanation and better yet a documented plan for immediate remediation to correct a major gap in their business model. I’ve since sent them an email and left two detailed voicemails outlining the situation and requesting a call back from a manager as well as a refund. No response so far. I have been home for two days.

Where is the customer service? Their “Customer Service” department is labeled incorrectly. They do not even begin to understand the meaning of “Customer Service”. There was no offer to help (translation - give customer service) offer a solution. (translation - customer support) Lastly, stay with the customer until they have safe transportation as promised in their business model to the public, not to mention a service already paid for. In case you missed it - translation - “Customer Service” After having read through the numerous customer reviews I see a trend that seems to be going uncorrected. I am led to believe this company’s senior leadership is well aware of this practice and knowingly supports their no show behavior. They readily take money from the public without rendering the promised service they are paid for well in advance.

The customers are showing up, Super Shuttle is the “No Show”. The only thing they transport efficiently is your money. Complaints disappear in a sea of unanswered phone calls and e-mails. Clearly they are not interested in customers, their safety, or the reputation of their own company. A direct reflection of their leadership team. We were inconvenienced, left stranded at the airport in the early morning hours that make transportation very difficult and unsafe. More importantly, their blatant lack of response to my calls and e-mails reporting on a problem they cause on a routine basis (based on reviews I read) is probably the most frustrating experience out of everything that’s happened.

I contacted my credit card company and initiated a dispute for services not rendered. Super Shuttle should have been contacted me offering an explanation, apology and refund. There it is again that whole “Customer Service” theme. Instead, they continue to waste my time and remain silent. Needless to say, Super Shuttle is a super loss and they have lost any future business from me and anyone I can warn. Super Unsatisfied Customer.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I made the reservation well ahead of arrival day. When the flight arrived we hurried to the departure area, got our ticket then were told to go wait by the curb. Approximately 10 minutes later we were told we could board the shuttle. There were three of us. Once onboard we sat and waited for another 15 minutes, the driver finally buckled up and we departed, so we thought. Apparently the driver had been sent to another terminal to pick up more passengers. We ended picking up two more people. Once they boarded we again waited. Again they driver buckled up and we were off but not to our hotel, to another terminal, the one we were originally picked up at, to pick up more people and what else wait for more people that didn't come. By the time were finally let, headed to the strip we had been sitting on the shuttle for an hour and 15 minutes.

I was so fed up that while we were on the bus I checked the public bus schedule and in the time it took us to round up those extra fares we could have been at our hotel. We arrived at McCarran, November 19, 2017. Not wanting to go through this again I started exchanging emails with Super Shuttle trying to find out what their policy was on wait times at the airport since I was going to be arriving November 18, 2018. What I found out is once they have you on board they own you, "You may file a complaint or get off and apply for a refund." I sent several emails to R. H./SOCIAL MEDIA CUSTOMER CARE.

I call them diversion specialists, they will tell you anything the answer to the question. I asked multiple times, in several emails what governing agency did they apply to, to be able to operate at the airport. She never answered the question. I understand that they provide a service that involves picking people up at the airport but to had the driver circle the airport and continuously wait for over an hour and 15 minutes is not what I signed up for and what I consider abusive. Please use my experience as a planning tool. Catch a cab to the strip upon arrival and a shuttle to the airport for departure. Most of the strip hotels now charge for parking so a rental can get expensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Shuttle?

Original review: July 21, 2018

We made Super Shuttle round-trip reservation online several weeks prior to our trips with pre-paid... 1). from Fort Lauderdale, FL airport to our hotel (7/13/2018) and... 2). from Royal Caribbean cruise terminal back to Ft. Lauderdale airport (7/21/2018) within driving distance of 15 min. On our trip-1 a total of 135 min of waiting and many calls in between with promised of Super Shuttle arrival to pick us up but at the end there was NO SHOW. We was travel with 2 young children, the heat and humidity in Ft Lauderdale are no favor to our kids to handle. I called customer service (305) 871-2000 but the ladies were on duty on that afternoon were not nice at all. Even at 4pm local time and I was told customer service supervisor went home for the day.

7 days later after our cruise trip I called the 305-871-2000 to confirm our p/u and most calls were not answer. Each time we were told 20-25 min of arrival time to us up. But after 3x of 25 min of promised and we gave up to wait for Super Shuttle. My 7 and 10 years old can not handle the humidity weather at Ft Lauderdale during this week. I Uber the app and within 4 min a 5-stars new Honda minivan show up with style. The driver was super nice and within 10 min we are at the airport to check in on time. My advice to customers out there. Super Shuttle is NOT a reliable service and NOT professional in customer service. Uber service is will get you to your destination on time and on budget. Uber should refund my prepaid money for those 2 trips.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My driver was scheduled for 8am but showed up around 8:40. By the time he stopped for gas, picked up another passenger, and got stuck in DC traffic I missed my flight. I had to pay to miss the flight then I had to pay again to get home. This has cost me well over $4,500 plus I have missed two days of my tour. American Airlines added another 20 minutes of wait time by making me stand in line only to be told that I was considered a no show.

Original review: July 2, 2018

SuperShuttle has lost my business forever. I have used SuperShuttle in the past, and while it hasn't been great, it’s been tolerable and is priced similarly to Uber. My experience in Washington, DC recently however has guaranteed that I will never use their “service” again. The first problem was on arrival. My flight was delayed and landed around 1:00 AM. I followed instructions and checked in online and went to my pickup spot. Soon after I got there they loaded a van and it left, while I was told that they were still looking for a van for me. So I sat, until almost 2:30 AM, when the airport “customer service” agent finally told me that they wouldn’t be able to find a van for me. I ended up taking a taxi (for $90) to get to my destination, finally arriving around 3:00 AM. This was annoying and expensive, but not the worst thing SuperShuttle did to me on this trip.

At this point I was worried about my ride back to the airport, which was scheduled for 3:20 AM for a 5:00 AM flight. I got up early and checked the app, and it showed I had an assigned van, #1065. Based on the distance he was from my hotel, it appeared he wouldn’t arrive until around 3:50 AM, 15 minutes beyond the end of their “15 minute pickup window”, but I should still have had plenty of time to get to the airport. I watched the app as the van headed my way. Then, less than a mile from my hotel, I watched it turn around and leave. I had requested an ETA several times on the app with no response, and the driver finally called me around 4:10 AM.

I had booked an Uber by then, but calmly asked the driver (Robert) why he turned around and left when he was so close to my hotel. He started **YELLING AT ME** about how he was too tired to drive and was falling asleep at the wheel because he had been driving for the past 3 hours. [I should interject here that I believe he was probably lying to me and had really gotten lost, as I checked the app around 6:00 AM and he was still driving around.] After 20 seconds of this, I hung up on him.

Obviously, despite the Uber, I missed my flight. I ended up paying American Airlines a $75 rebooking fee and taking a $50 Uber from Dulles to Reagan to get a flight home, as the desk agent told me it would have been hopeless trying to get out of Dulles on standby that day. This also cost me 5 hours and nearly a whole day’s worth of work.

I am now trying to get a refund. Their so-called customer service phone number does not allow you to do this, instead directing you to their website. The website assigns you a ticket so a representative can call you back, which the automated phone system says will happen quickly. They define quickly as **WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS**. I fully expect to end up having to do a chargeback on my credit card. I also asked to file a formal complaint against Robert, but I expect SuperShuttle drivers get a lot of those, so I don’t expect much to come of that either. Regardless, I won’t be using SuperShuttle again at any airport.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I wish I could give this company zero stars. I arranged for my daughter to be picked up at MCO on June 28. Her flight got in around 11:30 PM and she immediately called for her pick up. After having to call at least 3 to 4 times she was finally given an ETA of eight minutes. This was after having waited over a half hour ETA then change to 12 minutes as they said her driver was getting gas. I finally called and was told that they had limited drivers after 11 PM. This was not told to us when we booked the reservation. My daughter was basically left stranded at midnight at an airport all alone. I filed a complaint with the company and was told that it takes 3 to 5 business days for them to respond. I guess because they have so many complaints against them. My thought is I should have read the reviews before I booked because obviously I have not read one good review about this company.

Original review: June 25, 2018

We booked a shuttle in advance to have SuperShuttle pick us up at our hotel and take us back to John Wayne Airport on 6/23/18. We received a confirmation text the day before. The shuttle never showed up! They simply left us stranded. We had to arrange for another shuttle to get us to the airport in time so we would not miss our flight home. SuperShuttle called me as we were boarding our flight to say our driver was not available. There was no apology, no explanation, and no offer to help us. I do not recommend this shuttle service. They are horrible.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Super Shuttle left my wife and me high and dry in Paris! Do not rely on this service. Because of the RER rail-worker strike, we had to find an alternate ride to CDG from our hotel near the Champs de Mars. So we scheduled and paid for a ride at 9 am Tuesday for our 1 pm flight. We waited outside our hotel in the rain from 8:55 am to 9:24 am, when the cancellation message arrived. Our driver never showed up; there was no explanation, no offer of help, no "can we reschedule?", no assistance whatsoever. The email included a phone number to call [“Contact us at (800) 410-4444”], which no one answered! I will never use this service again, and I suggest you do not use them either. We eventually paid $80 for a ride because we were desperate.

Original review: June 13, 2018

SuperShuttle was supposed to arrive at 12:55 on 6/13/2018, today. I had reserved the trip for my elderly mother to take her to DFW for an international flight. The driver did not knock on my mother's door. She was waiting for him by the door. The driver, Richard Van#** texted my phone, but I am at work and can't check messages regularly. SuperShuttle was supposed to go to the house, not near the house as they did. When I was able to check my phone messages, there were numerous messages from my mother in a panic wondering what to do since the SuperShuttle never arrived. When I tried to contact my mother around 2:50, she did not respond.

At the time of this writing I still have no idea where she is or what happened to her though I've been calling repeatedly. I called the SuperShuttle customer service around 3:05 and they just said that I had to submit a request for a refund on their website. I asked the customer rep if they had told us that they wouldn't knock and she said that each driver handled it differently. I've been looking on their website and I have yet to see anywhere easy to find which states that drivers might or might not knock on the door at their discretion or that they might choose to only text. I have no proof that the driver actually did show up. I still don't know where my mother is.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Made a confirmed reservation for San Francisco airport arriving at 1 a.m. Was told in the email where to go and wait for the shuttle. Waited until 2 a.m. when I finally called Super Shuttle and was told there was no van available. No apology and no solution to transportation problem. The other people who also had reservations with Super Shuttle shared a cab to downtown S.F. Useless company.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I had contracted with Super Shuttle to transport me from BWI Airport to home. The flight arrived on time and it took many hours before ANY Super Shuttle van arrived. Meanwhile, additional customers, who also had contracted for transportation by Super Shuttle, were told to wait without information as to the time a shuttle was expected to arrive. Super Shuttle placed the blame on the BWI Super Shuttle franchise without accepting ANY responsibility for the lateness and lack of accurate information. Obviously, there are too few vans and drivers to properly service this airport, yet the company continues to operate as "reliable." I was told to file a complaint online.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I booked a return airport journey through holiday extras with Super Shuttle being the supplier. On the 9th of May my return pick up time advised by Holiday Extras was 17.25 hours to take myself and my wife to Orlando International Airport, when they failed to turn up at the appointed time I phoned them and they advised my pick up time had been changed to 16.00 hrs and when they arrived at my hotel they called for us with no success. They classed it as a no show.

The fact of the matter is we were not advised by any company of the time change and had to call a taxi which cost $46.40 and therefore since coming home I have contacted both Super Shuttle for compensation of price of taxi and half of £68.60, which is for return journey that they failed to fulfill and Holiday Extras to assist but with no progress being made. I would strongly recommend all persons considering making a booking with either of these companies to reconsider because their after sales service is pathetic to say the least.

Original review: May 15, 2018

My flight was JetBlue to Newark Airport leaving PBI at 6:08 am. Driver of Van #** showed up at my Delray home at 3:25 am (was scheduled to show up between 3:45 am and 4:00 am) but that's not the problem. He then went to Federal Hwy north of Boynton Beach Blvd. to pick up passenger taking a 7 am flight. He then went south to the Colony Club on Atlantic Avenue in Delray to pick up a passenger scheduled to be picked up by him around 5 am taking an 8 am flight. She was still in bed because she had a lot of time. The Boynton Beach passenger and I sat in the van and had to wait 40 minutes!!! For the Colony Club lady. He then went west to Flavor Pict Road to pick up 2 passengers who were scheduled to be picked up around 5:30 because their flight wasn't until 8am and the husband was still not dressed.

We reached PBI at 5:35 -- flight boarding started at 5:33. PBI check-in personnel told me I was too late to check my baggage (baggage must be checked in no later than 40 minutes before boarding time). They would not let me take the flight. They gave me the choice of waiting at the airport for today's 3 pm flight (which I declined because I would have to wait at the airport for over 9 HOURS!!!) or tomorrow's 6:08 am flight. I chose tomorrow's 6:08 am flight. So I had to take a taxi back to my condo which cost me $58.29 plus tip.

And tomorrow morning I will have to take a taxi back to PBI and pay that same amount -- because there is NO WAY I will ever again use Super Shuttle from my home to PBI. I want a refund of today's prepaid Super Shuttle charge of $27.61 (part of which is a P R E P A I D TIP!!! To the incompetent driver). AND I want Super Shuttle to compensate me fully for the $58.29 taxi ride back to my home. I will post this ABSOLUTELY TRUE DETAILED NARRATIVE about your lousy service provided by your LOUSY driver of Van ** anywhere and everywhere I can.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Please think twice before booking transportation to/from airport with Super Shuttle. I booked reservation to pick up/drop off at LAX in March 2018. Departure flight from LAX was delayed. I tried rescheduling pick up from app and had issues. I called their customer service number only to wait 30-40 minutes to speak to someone. To make a long story short, company charged me for trip I rescheduled. I emailed the refund department requesting a refund and a customer service rep responded and said person handling refunds was on vacation and will handle my refund request when employee returns back to work. It has been over a month and Super Shuttle has not responded to any of my emails and I was hung up on twice by customer service when I inquired about refund. I ended up creating a dispute claim with my credit card company in order to get money back. This company really should be shut down and plan on reporting to the BBB.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I had booked a Super Shuttle to take me home from the Cleveland, OH airport after vacation. It has used the app. It was easy to book and my information was updated a few days before my flight with my driver's name and car make. I followed the instructions in the email and went to my designated pick up place and the Super Shuttle was not there. I waited a few minutes and he still did not arrive. I sent him a message through the app, saying I was outside at the designated pick up spot. I waited about 10 more minutes then used the app again to contact the driver. I used one of the generic messages and requested an ETA.

Again no response. I ended up calling for an Uber and it arrived within 5 minutes and got me home. I will also mention that night flight came in at midnight and no one wants to wait around an airport at midnight for a ride that was scheduled to be on time!! I phoned the number for dispatch when I got home, and they were able to refund my money as I had prepaid when I set up the ride request. They did not know why the driver did not respond at all or why he did not show up. I will never try to use the Super Shuttle again nor will I ever recommend this service to anyone. Very very disappointed to be stranded at the airport.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I pre-scheduled a picked at the airport and had to wait over an 1.5 hours, my flight came in at 12:30, I didn’t get home until 5pm. It said my pickup time would be 1:30, and I scheduled far in advance. Not worth the money I paid at all. I find the price to be very expensive if you have to coordinate with their schedule, which is whenever they can either pick you up or drop you off. If you want to sit in a shuttle and wait for 5 hours and pay a lot of money - go for it.

Original review: March 29, 2018

DO NOT USE SUPER SHUTTLE!! NOT reliable. TERRIBLE customer service. YOU WILL MISS YOUR FLIGHT. My ride was scheduled to arrive 04:25PM - 04:40PM. At 4:30, I get a call from the driver stating that the first passengers weren't ready yet and that he was going to be 20 minutes late to pick us up - so he would be there around 5pm. I expressed my concern about making to the airport on time as we had bags to check and GPS was saying it would take 1 hour 10 minutes to get to the airport from my house. He said it would be fine and he would be there by 5. At 4:50 I called him again to check the ETA and he said he was still at the other passenger's house which was 30 minutes away and that he would "hopefully be to us by 5:15/5:20".

At this point, my faith in him was completely lost, as this was his 3rd time delaying his arrival. (The first was a voicemail saying he would arrive at the later end of our window). With traffic, there was no way, that even if he did arrive by this new time, that we would make our flight. After telling him this, he advised that I find another method of getting to the airport!! Luckily, my father had left me with his car keys, so we had to take his car. We arrived with barely enough time, and also incurred $58 in charges to leave his car at the airport.

I have never had such an awful experience with any company. We took a chance on your company because the website says over and over "Door to door reliable service. A qualified, trained driver arrives during your pick-up window to guarantee an on-time drop off." None of these things were true for us. The driver was incompetent and IF he actually were to finally arrive, he would've been over ONE HOUR LATE. So what is this "guarantee" to arrive on time?! This driver could care less and obviously was not reliable or qualified, as he clearly had no idea how long the drive was to the airport from my father's house.

I might not have been QUITE as upset as I am if when I called your customer service department they had displayed any level of professionalism or even apologized for the issue. The girl could also not care less, and there was nothing she could do for me - she couldn't even issue me a refund! I have to go through an online form - the poorest customer support I have ever received.

And then, to top it all off, right before I boarded the plane, I get another message from Super Shuttle stating that "my driver arrived at my location and as I was not there, he had to leave without me". WHAT?! I called back and the dispatcher told me he heard from the driver that I was not there and so HE had to cancel the ride. I told the dispatcher the story and he tells me that he will have to talk to the driver again to verify the story. Again, WHAT?! I have all the evidence that I had to drive myself to airport, and he's telling me that he doesn't believe me? Wow. So many wows. He also tells me to fill out this form instead of being able to do anything. I sure my disappointment with this service is clear.

Original review: March 25, 2018

We had a pick up scheduled for 8:20pm from Anaheim to LAX. After several calls, each time being told the driver was 5 minutes away, we were forced to call a cab after one hour of waiting. The driver NEVER showed, we barely made our flight after running to the gate. Customer service agent was rude, never offered an apology or compensation. Told me I would have to email the company to get a refund. This Super Shuttle should be prohibited from offering airport service.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Purchased round trip private shuttle transportation from Travelocity with the vendor Super Shuttle Mexico and would never use either company again. Our driver was a no-show for the ride from the hotel to the airport. Waited 1/2 hour, called at least once and still they did not show so we took a taxi. Neither Travelocity nor Super Shuttle will refund for 1/2 the cost, so we are disputing with our credit card.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Super Shuttle didn't pick me up, waited over an hour and had to call them for update. Still no driver around and may take at least another 30 minutes. This was at 2 am, after flight delays and 17 hours of travel... I was alone outside in the ground transportation area, and they couldn't get me the driver I was promised when I got my ticket. I even called as soon as I had flight delays to ensure I would still have a ride and they said yes. I ended up having to get a taxi and paying $69 to get to my hotel! So frustrated. They refunded the initial $20 reservation fee for my ticket but would not pay for the taxi. Supervisor is always unavailable when I call so also get the runaround. I wouldn't have had to pay $69 if they showed up as promised. They should acknowledge that and provide good customer service and refund it to me. Never using them again.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Upon arriving at Ft Myers, FL airport, I clicked the text in a Super Shuttle email to begin the check-in process. I succeeded only through step two, verifying that I had landed. Step three's heading was "Verify Location," and displayed only a blank screen. This reoccurred every time I tried it. I then downloaded the Super Shuttle phone app, and it produced the same result. Then I began calling the customer service number. It hung up on four calls when I selected the option to check/change the status of my reservation. I got a real person finally when I selected the option to make a new reservation. She gave me the number of a regional dispatcher, but that just switched me into infinite call-holding.

After an hour of frustration, I took a taxi. A few days later I called to cancel my return reservation and demand a refund for the airport connection debacle. The agent and the agent's supervisor had only authority for cancellation, not refund. I had to request that online, and I am still waiting. I have used Super Shuttle before, successfully. I understand that bad things can happen. The great failing I experienced was that human beings with authority to step in and fix problems real time are just not available. There is no backup when their system fails.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

The Super Shuttle transportation service is excellent but their Lost and Found Dept is terrible. I didn't realize it at the time until after I unboarded the van at the airport and the van had left, my reading glasses in its case was in the van. It must have fallen out of my jacket pocket. Upon arrival at my destination in Arizona, I contacted the company's online Lost and Found Dept and reported to them my lost reading glasses with additional info on my Reservation number as well as the number of the van I rode in. They cordially responded to me via email with a ticket number to use as a reference. Well, that's as far as they went. They didn't seem to follow up on my issue. A week later upon my return home to San Diego, I contacted the company headquarter and was given a point of contact to call in the San Diego office and their address. I then called the person and waited for a few days for her to call back, but she never did.

Therefore, I drove all the way to their office, gave the person who greeted me the reference number I was given. He looked for the Lost and Found rep but unfortunately, she had already left for lunch. Another person in the office came to my aide and called the driver of the van I rode and was able to confirm my reading glasses is in his possession and would bring it to the office in an hour. I waited outside the building until the driver showed up with my glasses. I don't know who's at fault, but it seems like the Lost and Found Dept doesn't seem to put a high priority on reported lost items. People report lost items because it is dear to them but the Dept regards them as "whatever". What makes this experience terrible is I ended up going to their office to get them to do something. Unfortunately, I no longer have the Supper Shuttle Ticket number because I have deleted the email and the Trash folder is emptied.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I recently booked and prepaid for a Super Shuttle shared-ride going to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport from Kimpton Rouge Hotel in Washington, DC. The confirmation sent from Super Shuttle said that their vehicle would pick me up during 5:05 a.m. - 5:20 a.m. on November 21. However, the driver didn't show up and at 6 a.m. in that morning, Super Shuttle sent me a text message saying "Please take a cab; Super Shuttle will refund you if you have prepaid." As a result, I almost missed my flight. More than a week ago, I filed a request to get the refund. Up to now, I haven't heard anything from Super Shuttle about the refund. I will never use the service of Super Shuttle again. Never!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

On November 13th we had a scheduled appointment for 8:45 in downtown NY. Our flight arrived at JFK at 7am and we had scheduled Super Shuttle to take us to the city with a return trip to JFK at 9:50. WE chose Super Shuttle because the ad said 22 minute trip. We were picked up promptly but then sat in the airport parking lot for 45 minutes.

We arrived for our appointment at 9:30 and I called our return driver and told him I could not be ready at 9:50 and he informed me that he was running late and would call when he was ready. At 10:10 he called and I told him that I needed a few more minutes but he told me that he had to leave and I would need to call dispatch. At 10:15 I was ready and tried unsuccessfully to contact dispatch. At 10:30 I took a cab back to JFK. I have tried contacting Super Shuttle three times and have received three canned messages thanking me for contacting them. I am yet to communicate with a human. I have asked for a refund for the missed trip plus the tip I gave in advance.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Service to and from BWI - Stay away. They made me miss my flight because driver was very late. Reached out to customer service and they didn't bother to contact me. Have used this location for (4) round trips this year. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I had booked and prepaid a shared van to take me from my NYC accommodation on West 81st St to JFK. This prepayment included a tip/gratuity. That day I received the confirmation code and location tracker via SMS so I could track the van. So far so good. But the driver got to 84th St an hour later than expected, then turned around and didn't even attempt to pick me up. I texted him to tell him I was still waiting. No reply. I then rang the company - 10 minutes waiting to get to a person. She spoke to the driver, no reason given, and no other van running today so they weren't going to pick me up.

So I had to book with Uber instead, and was informed I could get this fare refunded via their website. Luckily I had allowed half a day to get to JFK, so I got an Uber and lodged my claim for $90. Got the first email to say a case manager would look at my issue, then never heard back. Have emailed three times now, to no avail. Hopeless service. Had used Super Shuttle before - only issue was rude drivers - but this is a rip-off, not even an explanation!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I had to change a ride (Airport Shuttle Ride) due to an early flight ahead of Hurricane Irma. Got confirmation. The driver did not show causing me to miss a flight. Company is very unprofessional. Still trying to get a refund. Doubting at this point I will. Would not recommend!!

Super Shuttle Company Information

www.supershuttle.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business