Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.81/5

Super Shuttle Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I wish if I could give them 0 but alas. Their service is extremely unprofessional and rude. I booked a pickup for a few family members from my home to the Los Angeles airport; this was for an international flight and they were supposed to be there 3 hours before the flight. They sent me an estimated time of pick up but past 30-40 minutes did not hear from them. I ended up getting an Uber for my family. I have filed a complaint with them and will be filing a complaint with Better Business Bureau (just google and file online) pending the response from Super Shuttle customer service.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

If I could give this a zero I would. On 9/9/19, I booked a round-trip reservation to and from Dallas Love Field from my apartment in Carrollton, Texas to Love Field Airport. I was to be picked up on 10/11/19 at 8:30 am and return on 10/29/19. I was going to call ahead of time, and I usually do just to reconfirm my trip, but I got a confirmation text message on 10/10/19 with a reminder. On the morning of 10/11, I decided to call SuperShuttle at 7am to give more detailed directions to my specific apartment in the complex.

At that time, I was informed that they were glad I called as they were about to call me to tell me my trip had been cancelled as they didn’t have a driver. I was incredulous! This was an hour and a half before I was to leave for the airport. I informed the person that I was by myself and an older person and had to get to the airport, what was I going to do? The person suggested Uber or a taxi. Of course she apologized and repeated they had no driver they could send. In the first place I would never take an Uber by myself – there have been enough reports of attacks on passengers.

This put me in a horrible bind. I had to find a last minute ride, and believe me that was not easy. MAYBE had I been informed the day before it wouldn’t have been so frantic, but an hour and a half before scheduled pickup – booked and paid for well in advance – is unacceptable and outrageous! And everyone else I have told thinks the same (and I have told lots of people). Yes I was given a refund for that leg of the trip. But at the least I think SuperShuttle should have arranged for a ride and paid for it for the horrible inconvenience!

Then, I had to worry about the return trip, and I was returning late at night. I received an email from a representative on 10/15/19, apologizing again and offering a 25% discount, good for one year, and gave me a discount code. As my return date got closer, I decided to call SuperShuttle and confirm my return reservation, and also asked if the discount could be applied to the return trip. I was informed it could but I would have to cancel the trip and re-book online – which not only made me very uneasy, but also was a huge inconvenience due to the fact I did not have computer access. I did complain to the representative and told her my dilemma. She did say she could book it, did I want her to?

I said yes. So she cancelled and rescheduled with a new confirmation number, for which I received an email on 10/25. I did notice I was charged a $3.00 booking fee, I am sure because it was handled over the phone and not online. This is also completely unacceptable – the whole thing was triggered by the company’s unprofessional and unacceptable dealings at the beginning of the trip.

As the day drew near and I because increasingly uneasy, I decided to see if one of my friends could pick me up. She could, so I cancelled my SuperShuttle ride. I have been watching my credit card to see if all the refunds were implemented. Thankfully, they all were, with the exception of the $3.00 booking fee, which I should not have had at all due to the circumstances.

I have used SuperShuttle for years, and have recommended it to all my friends. Due to this situation, I have lost total confidence in this company, and will not be using them ever again – I will find alternative means when I travel. My friends were also shocked by all of this. I will also be filing a bad review with Better Business Bureau, and any other place I can register my outrage. I am not sure they could ever do anything to make this right, or cause me to want to ride SuperShuttle again, but at the least I think the matter should be investigated as to cause and deal with the person or persons responsible. I can only think that maybe they haven’t treated the drivers right, or they have incompetent dispatch staff or something. I have NEVER, in all my years of using SuperShuttle, experienced anything like this before. And, at the very least, I should be refunded the additional $3.00.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I used Super Shuttle recently for a trip and it was terrible. They arrived 45 minutes late from my arrival pick up time and 40 minutes late picking me up for my departure. While waiting that 40 minutes to return to the airport, I was instructed to wait on a NYC street corner breathing in sewer fumes. When the driver finally arrived he was unpleasant. They also messed up the pick up for another person on my same trip. I sent in a complaint ticket about my experience the day after I returned and it has been 8 days and no one has acknowledged my complaint. If I could give them less than 1 star I would.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Horrible experience - booked and paid in advance for a private van from SNA to our hotel in Anaheim. I checked in after our flight arrival. Our van never showed up even though it was reserved and paid for in advance. The workers at the SuperShuttle counter were not helpful and didn’t seem to care about our issue. One was sitting and just playing games on his phone - Richard. We called SuperShuttle and were told no one had told them we were there, they thought we didn’t show up. They had no vans in the area even though again, I had booked and paid in advance for a private van. Can’t even talk to someone on the phone to request a refund, have to file a claim online. Horrible company, will never use again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I made reservations from JFK to my hotel in Manhattan. I landed around 1 am (they had my flight number). The shuttle never came to pick me up and stranded me at the airport. I ended up getting an Uber. I contacted the company to request a refund. This is day 5 and I still have not heard back from them. Not reliable. Don't use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Shuttle?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I ordered a Supershuttle ExecuCar 3 days before my flight in LAX, In less than 2 hours that day before my pick up time I received a text that my ride was on the way. I said to myself that it was too early for him to pick me up though I saw him in the map that he was two-thirds way to my pick up location. After a while I noticed his car was not moving at all and it was already time for my pick up and yet he was still in the same location and was never moving.

I kept texting and calling the driver but no response, so I called Supershuttle hotline and checked with their dispatch for their update and they made me wait on the phone for more than 10mins. I finally decided to cancel and ordered an Uber. After a while I received a text that my ExecuCar was on the way with an estimated an arrival time of 26 mins later that my desired pick up time. I believe that the driver is sabotaging Supershuttle’s business. I hope he gets fired. On my to LAX the Supershuttle driver was calling me but did not answer anymore, despite my text that I already cancelled him.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My wife and I arrived at the airport at 12:16AM. As per SS directions I called the local dispatcher to get onto my ride home. The local dispatcher said he didn't really know the airport and wasn't sure where they would pick me up. He told he would try to get a driver???? I had already pre-paid and they had my flight information. ONE HOUR LATER AT 1:30 AM the driver showed up. The dispatcher put me and the airport transportation clerk on hold for 5-10 minutes. USE UBER, USE LYFT, overpay for a Taxi... Buy a bicycle... BUT DO NOT USE SUPER SHUTTLE!!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

They supposed to pick us up last June 9,2019 at 7:20 pm! They called exactly 7:20 pm saying there’s no available driver. Can you imagine and our flight time 12:15 am. And who the hell they think, we can get right away Uber, rental cars or taxi and that's Sunday. Unbelievable. No way to recommend. If only there’s a zero rating that's what I will rate them.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Family of four prebooked and prepaid for airport pick up with Super Shuttle Express, $200 total. We arrived at LAX and nobody texted, no calls, no communication. We called dispatch and time was constantly pushed back, until 1.5 hour wait, they said, "You can cancel if you don’t like it" with an attitude. The Super Shuttle Rep just sat at his booth and played on his phone the entire time. He was useless! In this day and age of technology there are no excuses for multi hour wait when you have prebooked, prepaid, and preplanned. Poor communication and not customer friendly or supportive. Try something else. You will be happier you did, or pay to wait!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

As a family we have always used Super Shuttle. We have been patient and understanding when they try to pack their vans, are more than 30 minutes late in picking us up at the airport. But on our last trip, a rude representative called me 1 hour before pickup and cancelled our reservation due that we were the only ones they had to pick up at Long Beach. He literally told me to find another way to get to the airport. Didn’t even suggest other means. They literally abandon my son and I in the hotel. I will never do business with them again. They don’t care about their customers.

Super Shuttle Company Information