Special-T Travel

5050 S HWY 17-92, Casselberry, FL

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had the same ugly experiences as all the others with Special T. They have you sign for the first voucher when it comes in the mail and little do you know that when you sign you are ALSO agreeing to their contract that IF you don't use the travel option by date they can charge you another $798. The phone calls and threats are endless. Mean and unscrupulous. Hard to believe they can get away with this in 2016.

Some telemarketer conned my 90-year old mother into buying a Vacation Package in 2013 for $159. More recently we noticed several unauthorized charges on her credit card by GFS Services in the amount of $698 each. It's been almost two years and she is still being harassed by high pressure salesmen trying to get her to ante up more money to reactivate her original purchase. She has joined the hundreds of people that have been taken advantage of by unscrupulous business practices. Caveat emptor!

A gentleman called claiming my travel package purchased in 2013 had expired. Because I had not taken the 90 minute touring visit within the 18 months, Special T Travel was going to automatically charge my credit card (on file) for the full said amount. This man offered to reduce these fees and upgrade my package to $498.00 and I would "own" the travel package and no one would call me again. I explained other family emergencies have arisen and I am no longer able to travel.

I am now a caretaker for my mother as well and she is bed ridden. He said if I did not settle up today he would send the decline offer back to Special T Travel from Newport Travel as unresolved and Special T will call and let me know they are going to charge my account for the full $1298.00. I'm very upset and do not understand why they can't just leave me alone. They already got $398.00 from me for nothing. My stupidity and loss, but what a great lesson I have learned. They just want to keep charging more to my account. (At least they claim they are going to) On that hot seat waiting to see.

I bought a vacation package from a different company and before it just expired, I got a call from Special T Travel saying that they can move the credit to their company and that I just had to pay 99$ to renew it for 18 months. So I paid more money for a car rental as well and almost before the expiry date for this package they gave me a call to renew again and I said that I'm not sure when I'll be able to travel so the agent told me to call back whenever I decide. I called today and their agent said it's too late the package has expired long time ago and that they do not renew. So I lost all the money I paid. Please people be aware of this company. They are only theft they just want your money and they are very good at lying!!

In January 2012, I received a call about a vacation package which seemed to be a good deal. I should have done research on this company, but instead I paid for a package, and was not able to use it in the time required. I am continuing to receive threatening phone calls from this company, which state I owe them money because I did not travel. Today this company threatened me with legal action., the representative was very disrespectful, and I am sick of these calls. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I don't care about recovering the money, I want the threats and calls to stop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Special-T Travel?

We were offered a promotion package March 28, 2011 that we paid $198.00[sic] for. Later we decided we did not want to use it. We have been getting tons of calls, but the one today said we paid $598.00 (for one) and we could upgrade for a longer vacation (lots of verbal offers I could not write down). They wanted another $598.00 with $100.00 credit and a $200.00 restaurant gift card for 2nd person. We did not authorized another $300.00 and they still have our card number. I asked for an email of the offerings before we committed to any more, but they wanted another $598.00 first. We have had 50-60 calls.

And I'm still getting harassing phone calls from people supposedly collecting money for an unused vacation package purchased with this company. I've contacted my state attorney general to help try to prosecute anyone who uses these scam practices to make money. My story is the same as all the 1 star ratings below. It's funny how they will not accept a check or money order, hell, they don't even have a physical address. LOL! Worst mistake of my adult life.

A pop up came up congratulating me on my win. They offer an amazing prize - just a front for a time share sales pitch. Agreed that I would do the 90-min tour - small price to pay for what seemed as an amazing package. But in order to 'win' the prize worth $4000 I need to immediately pay $840 by credit card. No option given to consider this over 24 hours. This is rubbish - I'm not handing over close that kind of money to just anybody - next thing is that they can't offer me the holiday in the time frame I want. Bunch of scammers. Rather rude when I declined their 'fabulous' offer.

In July 2014, I received phone call from a person who identified himself as a legal representative from a collection agency. He claimed I owed $1400 for a vacation I had prepaid $260 for failed to take sometime prior to 2010. Since I did not take the vacation, I now owed for an additional person plus a fee for not using the package before it expired. This amount would be charged to my financial institute on file. Since I had not prepaid a vacation, I pressed for information on them and company this was owed to and it was Special-T-Travel... Of course, I could get this charge taken care of by paying $800 immediately. Beware!! I laughed and hung up.

A pop-up appeared on the computer screen informing me that I was the 1,000,000th visitor to this particular site and therefore had won this fabulous vacation package. Back then scamming was not as 'popular' as it is today. I was excited and subscribed to a vacation package that cost US$500.00. I paid by credit card, was sent information regarding the vacation by mail, and so my initial thought of being scammed was put to rest. The vacation was not taken up in time and I was contacted by phone and asked to renew to keep the offer alive. I again paid by credit card - about US$380+. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable though, because if one wins something, why does one have to pay?

Again the package came in the mail and again I missed the deadline for taking up the offer. By this time I had gone online and saw a big warning about Special-T-Travel. They were labelled as 'FRAUD' and 'SCAMMERS' and people were warned NOT TO EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. Therefore, when the call came for renewal, I was ready and calmly told the caller that I was not interested. I decided to count my loss, and so I did not renew even though he insisted. The caller wanted to know whether I was using the same credit card, to which I responded in the negative. I am glad for that warning, because it saved me from further monetary loss.

My disappointment is this: How has Special-T-Travel been allowed to get away with this fraudulent activity for so long despite numerous complaints? I believe I first made contact with them in 2005 or 2006. This is 2014. Is this activity still going on? The US is pursuing scammers in my country, and rightly so. Why therefore are they not moving to do something about Special-T-Travel? Since we as victims are helpless, I suppose we will just have to wait to see their end, which I am sure cannot be a good one. I just wish that there could be a way that they could be stopped, so as to prevent more victims, and that those of us who have suffered loss, could be refunded. In the meantime, while you try to get compensation, do not spend too much time grieving about what is gone - count it as 'water under the bridge.' Move on and leave Special -T- Travel to time. Time takes care of everything.

I have been waiting for a refund since October. Angela & Curtis have no idea what they are talking about. Last time I called, Angela told me that I had to dispute it with my bank because their accounting department has not released the funds to return yet!! WTH is that?? Will keep calling like the rest you!!

We bought a package that we thought was a cruise. At the time we were going to use it the cruise was a boat ride to Grand Bahama Island not a cruise ship cruise. In fact the "cruise ship " company went out of business and they substituted another low range cruise. The accommodations only package wanted more money to use it on top of what we paid. We were told one thing on the phone and when we got the packet it was more money and less for it. We were told persons 3&4 were free when in fact they were the same price as 1&2. We contacted Florida Consumer Protection and got NO help. Now the fulfillment center keeps calling and hounding us saying we didn't use it and they want to charge us another 2k plus and will just charge our credit card. The Special T Travel Co. says that these are another company acting like they are Special T Travel. Stay away from anything in Florida asking you to pay before you see the package in writing!

Purchased a vacation package on 8-4-13 with the understanding that I could cancel it within 30 days if after reviewing the package information it was not going to work for me. They said if cancelled, I would have my refund within 72 hours. First of all, I did not receive my package in the mail within 10 days of purchase. After calling, they e-mailed it to me. There were so many black out dates and restrictions that we decided to cancel. On 8-23-13, I returned the package information stating that I wanted to cancel the package and would expect a refund within 72 hours. I waited 10 days to call them, and I was told that they had received my cancellation notice and it was submitted on 8-27-13 and to allow 30 days for refund to be processed (which would be 9-27-13).

On Oct 10, 2013, still no refund. Called and talked to Curtis who said I should have received it by now and he will put a request in to accounting and I should have refund in 3-5 business days. On 10-18-13, I called and talked to Angela because I still had not received refund. She stated she would send follow-up request to accounting and to allow 3-5 business days. On 10-31-13, still no refund. Called and talked to Curtis again. He's never seen this happen before (supposedly). He would follow up with accounting and he sent me to his manager, Angie's, voicemail (ext **). I left message giving her all the details, my name, pkg # and phone # and asked her to return my call. She did not return my call.

On 11-6-13, left another voice mail on Angie's phone, then I called customer service and got Curtis again. He said, "You called on Halloween. It hasn't been 5 days yet," and had a very flippant attitude today. He said 5 days is tomorrow (whatever happened to 3-5 days??). I will continue to call these people and attempt to get my refund. But my warning to you is don't even purchase their package.

Like others, I received a phone call offering a "vacation package for 4" to Florida for a week with some other benefits like a car or a 500 dollar credit voucher to spend however we wanted. I forget the initial price, but when I mentioned I am a retired veteran, the price was basically cut in half. After a month of waiting and never receiving "the package", I called back to the "customer service" number, giving them my "confirmation number" and stating I wanted to cancel due to never getting anything. The person I spoke to said I would have to write a letter and FAX it to them, so I did. After another month, still no refund. I called back and spoke to "Christina" on 10/3, then to "Shawn" on 10/14. Both told me they saw that I had faxed my letter and that they didn't know why the "accounting department" had not processed my request. So today, I called my credit card company and placed the whole thing into "dispute". Credit card company stated that I would get my refund in 48 hours, they would dispute with Special-T and I would not need to do anything else. We shall see...

These gold plated scam artists have been harassing us for the past several years. They talked my wife into paying for one of their "Florida Vacation" packages which then never appeared. For the past two years, they have been calling trying to get us to "keep the package from expiring"! Today, I nearly had a heart attack listening to her tell them repeatedly that she would NOT send them more money and then they claimed they had her credit card number and would charge $1200.00 to her account for not using the "vacation" they never gave her! IF YOU ARE CALLED BY THESE CROOKS, HANG UP INSTANTLY!!!!! You will never get what you were promised, and will never get your money back!!!!!

Back on May 1st, I received a phone call from Special-T Travel/Preferred Guest Group with a great travel offer... free car for a week, Orlando for a week, Cruise to the Bahamas, etc... just like most of the stories on here. I thought that since I was going to Florida this coming winter that I would try it as it was only $300. After hanging up, I immediately researched the company on the internet and found a some bad reviews. I immediately called my credit card company to stop the charge; however, they said that they could not stop it. They suggested calling Preferred Guest Group and cancelling, which I immediately did. I was told I would receive a credit on my card.

However after a month, I called Kenneth ** at Preferred Guest Group and I did receive an email from him stating that within 30 days, I would receive a credit from Special-T Travel. It is now 4 months later and I still have not received a credit so I contacted my credit card company and I am disputing the charges. I should have known better when I agreed to give them my credit card number. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE COMPANIES! Save yourself the aggravation of having to fight with them to get your money back.

Special-T Travel has been calling me for a couple of years. I keep asking where they got my number. I've gotten the same line about a voucher my husband or I supposedly received on a cruise/from RCI/from my resort. None is true. I asked RCI and also my resort, they don't do that, and I get seasick, so have NEVER EVER been on a cruise! It's the same as others here, with the rudeness, me asking them to quit calling, them hanging up at some point.

The latest annoyance is the Caller ID shows a local number, with a person's name. In June/July it was an active number. I talked with many concerned people who hadn't called me, before I figured out this company is engaging in Caller ID Spoofing. This is against Federal Law and carries up to a $10,000 fine with each violation.

I tell them I am on the Do Not Call List, Stop Calling Me, etc. Nothing from them for a month, but 2 calls in the last few hours. A check of the local numbers on the CID now reveals they are disconnected numbers.

I even tried to submit a complaint with the Florida Consumer Services, but they insisted on giving my personal information to this company to complete the process. I declined, thinking they already have my phone number, then they will have my address, email, etc. Florida BBB gives them an "F" rating. I feel fortunate, no money lost to these scammers, but I want them to QUIT CALLING!

I just got off the phone with ** (phone number **) from Special-T Travel and to make a long story short, he hung up on me when I wouldn't give him my credit card number. I caught the manager on a lie. 2 1/2 years ago, I did bought a vacation package and my letter shows it as SUMMER BAY RESORT and btw, they are in cohorts with Specialty Travel because it is their sister company which I never used. My fault on that, I admit. But after reading all the stories, I doubt I would have gotten a 5 star place in Costa Rica for the price that I paid.

I received a call from a woman from Specialty Travel today, July 17, 2013, telling me that I purchased a VIP package travel and I was sent a valuable travel voucher two years ago that is expiring and I have a $2,600 credit. She wasn't going to let it expire though because she knows we travel and wouldn't want to throw away $2,600. For a cost of $398, I can reactivate it. But because I am a platinum member she can reduce it to $118 (voila) after using HER special family member discount. Mind you, she ask some slick question to lower the cost like are you a member of AAA, AARP, etc.

When I told her I have none of those, she says that's fine, we can use HER family member discount and the final price $118. She was truthful to tell me that I purchase the vacation package using my cc. I almost fell into the trap but I would not budge in order to pay for 2 activation fee. The Orlando package and the Costa Rica package plus $99/person for the Costa Rica for adm. cost. Because I told her that I paid for one that include both.

So she transfer me to a manager and that is where I smell the scam. HE instead told me that I did not pay for the holiday but I had actually gotten the travel package as a BONUS!!!! And so I now caught him in a lie and he does not know anything about the travel package that I bought (lie). That I should be honored that I have this credit and is given the opportunity to reactivate it for a price (BS). That for that small fee, I am getting this great 5 star hotel (I am not sure about that now). That I am too cheap to pay...... I told him that I just caught him in a lie and there is no way in hell that I would give anyone that I caught lying my cc number..... I ask for his name and mind you, he pause to think to give me his name as KENNY (lie of course). I told him that I am going online to check and I am pretty sure that they are scamming.

As soon as I hung up the phone with him and check online, lo and behold, FRAUD, Scam etc. Lesson: Do not pay for anything at that moment and time. (I ask for her to call back as I want to discuss with my husband). She said that she does not have a phone to call and the computer does the calling all the time???????? I am not sure how you can conduct a business without a phone! When they pressure you to pay at that moment, then there is something sneaky about that. A legitimate company would allow you to check back later if you have a change of mind or something. This way, you can go online to check the company.

If you caught them in a lie, then for sure they are a fraudulent company. Just hang up, like I caught the manager in a LIE and he was definitely not happy. When he tried to change the subject, I quickly switch back to the point where I caught him in the lie which he was definitely not happy at all. In the end, people please hang up on them, don't even talk to them. If they ask for, say, Mary, just say she is not in to take a message instead. Get their name and company and then Google them to check them out.

Having buyer remorse, and after reading all these reviews on SPECIAL-T TRAVEL (SPTT), I called back the next day and cancelled my vacation. Jose in the "Customer Care Department" - which is really another company called Preferred Guest Resorts (PGR) - processed my request and said a refund would be made in 10-30 days. After 30 days - no refund. I called back, five times. SPTT kept sending me to PGR, and PGR said the refund had to come from SPTT. The representatives at PGR (Richard, Pam, and Elizabeth) said this runaround from SPTT was not uncommon.

Finally, I got Christina at SPTT Customer Service in the Corporate Office, who said my refund would be made in two weeks, but then finally agreed to expedite it in the next few days. Fingers crossed. I asked Christina how she liked working for SPTT, because my opinion of them was pretty poor. She said she "loved her job", stopped at that point, and asked me if there was anything else. Moral of the story: if you cancel your vacation, then the refund has to come from SPTT, not PGR, so stay on SPTT, and if all else fails, call Christina. She would love to hear from you.

My daughter "won" a vacation package from Special-T Travel. They told her that it would only cost her $396 to be able to take advantage of this package. She provided her credit card information and they immediately debited her account. She thought about it afterwards and decided that she didn't feel comfortable with the "deal". She called back within the hour and cancelled the purchase. They said that they would credit the money back to her account. It has been two weeks and it still isn't back in her account. They had the nerve to call a week ago and try to convince her to still take the package at half the price. She said that she just wanted the full amount of money back in her account immediately. They told her that they had just sent a note to accounting to do just that. Seven days later, she calls again because the money still isn't there. They told her that they would put a request through to the accounting department to credit her account.

This is the second time that a request was supposedly being made to the accounting department by customer service to credit her account. Still nothing. I called them on her behalf today and I spoke to Jeanette in Customer Service. She was extremely rude and combative. She said that the credit was processed yesterday. I told her that my daughter had been told that same story a week earlier. She cut me off and said that Angela had processed it yesterday and that she didn't know about any communications to that effect from last week. She prevented me from asking any further questions or discussing it further by trying to end the conversation. I told her that I would be calling back on Monday if the money does not show up in my daughter's account this weekend. She disconnected me.

Do Not conduct business with this company!!! The packages are not worth the frustration that they put you through.

In 2008, we scheduled our vacation package. We were only able to take the first part of the vacation as I became ill with meningitis and almost died. In 2011, we purchased the extension and like all other complaints, we never heard the part about "additional fees" if the vacation was not taken. We called to schedule this additional part in 2012; however, we had 18 months to take the vacation but only 12 months to schedule. So, we could not take the vacation. Now, they called today and want over $1,000 because we did not take the vacation. No one had ever told us about this clause earlier that we obviously missed. I am so upset I cannot even concentrate on anything. What a rip-off!!!

I got a call from these guys saying I'd won a holiday after I entered a competition a few weeks ago in Nashville (it's true, I did!). It all sounded great until they told me they needed $298 immediately. I asked for something in writing and they said no and tried to argue that I was being unreasonable. A quick Google confirmed my suspicions and when I kept refusing to hand over my credit card info without anything in writing, the rep ended the conversation. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories and making it easy to say no to these guys.

I just got off the phone with ** (phone number **) from Special-T Travel and to make a long story short, he hung up on me when I wouldn't give him my credit card number. LOL! He had dropped his oh so special deal from $398 all the way down to $113, and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't jump all over it. Well, experience has taught me to NEVER give away my credit card number over the phone to a fast talking, Slick Willy Dick I DID NOT call. I decided to google Special-T Travel and viola, saw these reviews.

if you are called by these scam artists, do yourself a favor and just hang up the phone. My mother taught me if something sounds too good to be true, it's too good to be TRUE. They never do what they say they're going to do. They send you to dumps (I know because I've used one of their trips to Vegas). They will NOT refund your money, and you will get what you pay for. NOBODY is going to give you great hotel suites, with ocean views for five days for $138. Like I said before, he hung up on me when I wouldn't give him my credit card. Only scam artists do that!

Today, 6/10/2013, Teresa ** from Specialty Travel called and said I have bonus points through WorldMark that are about to expire, 3,500 to be exact. Then she immediately started telling me of the destinations and which one I would like. Now, I have been scammed before trying to sell my WorldMark 3 years ago. This fast talker was the exact same presentation with different services. So, I asked her how she got my number, even though I know that WorldMark sells owner info or leaks it, and she said "Sir, you have 3,500 points ready to expire and this is a no-brainer for value." I stopped her and asked what the value was and cost to me exactly - all fees include. She said, just like other reviews, $298 or $149 per person with a 2 person min. When I asked for credentials and info on her company, she said, "Get a computer and look us up." I said, "Actually, how about a direct return phone number, and I will research this and get back with her.”

At this point, all customer service went out the door and she seemed to be agitated. She kept trying to divert my question and get me to commit. I then told her that for sure today I would be making no decisions or exchanging any info with her. Once said, she got mad and said, “I am going to let this expire”, and I have to make a decision now!!! THIS IS A SCAM!!! I HAVE BEEN HAD BEFORE AND IT ALL SMELLS THE SAME, from the way I was contacted to the fast talking on the other end and the bait and switch they do. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS COMPANY!!!

Today, June 3, 2013, I received a call from Stephen (he made sure I spelled it correctly) from Special-T Travel and offered me the same package as the other complaints listed. When I inquired how he got my number, he advised it was because I was a timeshare owner and had let my package expire, and he did not want that to happen. I asked again where he was calling from and he spelled out Special-T Travel, and asked if I had access to a computer. When I stated I was working, he became very un-customer service like, "You asked who I was, stated you were working and now will not access a computer to know who/where I was calling from." At that point, I told him the conversation was over and hung up on him.

When I did check Yahoo, there were numerous complaint sites but also a site in Florida stating on their home page that if anyone received a scam call, to call their 800 number. Not sure if they are legit...

I received a call from a woman calling herself LeAnn with Specialty Travel today, May 21, 2013, telling me as a VIP member of VI and RCI, I was sent a valuable travel voucher two years ago that is expiring and I have a $2,600 credit. She wasn't going to let it expire though because she knows we travel and wouldn't want to throw away $2,600. The new deal, because we are VIP members of VI and RCI, is for up to 4 people to travel to Florida and stay at the Clarion Main Gate Resort in Orlando for 4 days/3 nights with the option of having two tickets to any park in the area or a 7-day car rental from Alamo. In addition, we'll receive a $500 gift certificate to use at the spa or restaurants. She talked really fast about how she loves the resort and the package, and she knows we will love it. In addition to all of that, there were two bonus trips to any of 21 cities in the US that are transferable to anyone of our choosing. She said many people give the trips away as Christmas gifts. All of this would be sent to me for a small $298 fee.

At that point, I must admit I was sort of thinking, "Wow, this sounds good as long as it is only $298.00." When I asked if it was only this amount, she told me to hold on a moment. At that point, Ryan ** (does he exist?) went on the line and went over everything LeAnn lined out. He then verified my address, gave me the customer service number, 1-800-861-0854, and his personal telephone number and said they accept Visa, American Express, MasterCard, etc. Funny thing is when Mr. ** started fast talking, I decided to google "Specialty Travel". Immediately, all kinds of pages came up with the words Scam, Fraud, Lawsuits, etc. So, I let him finish his spiel and then he asked for my cc. I told him I would wait for the package to come to my house before I would give out my cc #, especially in light of what the Google search returned scam, fraud, etc. The next thing I heard was click, buzz. Interesting! Please have timeshare companies share this with their members!

Special T travel contacted me in early February stating I "won" a package and had to give them a credit card number to lock in my deal. I was given a month to look over the package and decided I did not want it. I faxed them asking them for a refund which they received. The beginning of April I called asking where my money was. They informed me it would take until the end of the billing cycle to go through (end of April). I was patient, but on May 3rd I called since I had not received my money back and they told me it would be in my account by the end of the week. May 20th (today) I called again since I still did not get my money. They informed me I will be getting my money today. We shall see but I'm not holding my breath! WORST COMPANY EVER!

They took advantage of my 84-yr-old father and I have been dealing with this company for 6 months to try and get his account refunded. I was lied to several times - the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I would definitely not recommend doing business with this pathetic low life company.

Angry doesn't come close to describe what I feel about this so-called company. They gave me the same lines as many of the others who have written here. The bottom line is that they charged $149 to my credit card. I sent back the package immediately according to the guidelines in their package. They had the package since January 25. I immediately started questioning when they were going to put back the money on my credit card, and I have been getting the runaround ever since. Every time I call (numbers to 6 now), they tell me they have put in a request to finance to pay me back. They said it will take 3-5 business days for that to clear. That is a big fat lie! As I said, that is what I have been told every time I've called.

Today, I called and they hung up on me twice because I was so angry. I asked to speak to someone in charge, and they said there were no managers present; they don't have any! Are you kidding me? A company with nobody in charge or responsible for their employees? I called back again, and the third person I talked to said they had put in the request to finance, but that person was out of town on a family emergency. I am tired of their lies and shenanigans. This is plain out and blatant lying and customer abuse.

Since the beginning of this year, I have been getting numerous calls from "Specialty Travel" about a "travel voucher" that I had won and not used. Although I kept telling the different people who have called that I am not interested and that they should take my name off their call list, the calls didn't stop. Funny thing is every time I tried calling back the number they called from, I was told the number was not in service. So today, a lady called and started telling me the same stuff about a vacation I had been awarded blah, blah, blah. So I asked her to give me a number so I can call her back. Her initial response was “Oh, I will call you back.” But after I insisted that I will call her back, she gave me this number, 1-877-395-8921 ext. 123. She assured me this was her direct number.

So I called this number and a man picked it up. I told him what has been going on with the persistent calls and that I do not want anyone calling me from Special T. So he got upset and told me that I should have told the representative that (which I had done so many times in the past) and then he wanted to know how I got that number. According to him, the number I called was the corporate office. So I guess they don't like it when you are able to call them directly. But they delight in calling you over and over again even when you have expressed that you are not interested.

Special-T Travel Company Profile