Serenity Travel Club

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 3/5/10, we purchased a membership with Serenity Travel/Destination Vacations International. Purchase price for this package was $4995.00. We did use this agency on two separate occasions for a week each time. We now are owners of a vacation package that we are no longer able to use. At the time we signed up, we asked about the BBB rating and they showed us printed out ratings that as we learned later were outdated. I do think this was a deliberate misleading action. Is there a legitimate agency taking over their membership, or are we left out of $4995.00? No one has contacted us about any of this. We found out by trying to find the website that they had MyDVI. I could not find it anywhere and saw the ad about the lawsuit.

We attended a program offering membership in a travel club offering significant discounts. However, we found them difficult to even reach by phone or email and when we did have them book a trip- we found that the prices were no less than those we were able to negotiate online ourselves. We were seduced by the promises made during the presentation & despite efforts to request a chance to come back the next day to sign up , they insisted it was a one night deal-sign up now or never!

One week after we were signed up for the travel service, I tried to use the service and found that there was one person in the office to make reservations and she was inept. I went online without the travel service and found better prices then they have. I was really upset and made an appointment to speak with someone. I spoke with DK and he assured me that they were hiring more people and things were going to run more smoothly and actually that person in the office wasn't very good, and was not going to be handling reservations anymore. DK also offered us a free trip to Las Vegas for our troubles but we never got that.

We also discussed a discounted trip to Ireland which also never materialized. We were unable to use our "free airfare" tickets because they required a $100 which we didn't have-- so much for free. We were pressured on the night of our visit to purchase. We wanted to think about it for a couple of days but they said this pricing was only for that night and we would really lose big if we didn't sign immediately. We were pressured into signing when we didn't want to. DK told us to just hang in there as he was the new manager and things were going to get a lot better at Serenity.

Without notice, on Aug 31 2010, Serenity took $199.00 from my checking account. I was angry and called them and told them it was pure luck that they didn't overdraw my account and told them never to deduct from my account again without giving me notice. We have never used the service because it is not a good deal or have good pricing. As I said, I am able to go out online as an individual and purchase cheaper than Serenity has. I have receipts for all of the payments and deductions that Serenity has taken from my accounts. It is in the area of $2,000 and I want it back. I received nothing for my $2,000 but a headache from Serenity. Thank you for your consideration

I am one of the seventy consumers who complained about the business practices of Serenity Travel and their associate Destination Vacations International. My credit card company honored my complaint and removed the charges from my card last year. In January 2011, a $249 charge from DVI was posted to my card. This is in obvious violation of the agreement reached between the Attorney General's Office of Delaware and DVI/Serenity. I am in the process of notifying the Attorney General's office of this violation. I expect to hear from them this week. My credit card company has absorbed the charges and commented that they have never seen a contract that goes forever and that this is highly unusual. I didn't expect anything different from this unscrupulous company.

My husband and I went to a travel presentation at Serenity Travel in September 2009 but didn't buy their timeshare package. We were given a certificate for 2 free airline tickets to anywhere in the US. The airline ticket promotion was handled by Away We Go Promotions, 1735 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. I jumped through all the hoops they required, including sending them $100 (a $50 deposit for both my husband and I).

We were supposed to give them 3 dates when we would like to travel and where we would like to fly from and to. All of our choices were rejected. They were supposed to refund our $100 deposit within 30 days from the end of our promotional period. The refund check never arrived and I began emailing Away We Go Promotions and tried to call their 877 number but never got a response. I also was in touch with Serenity Travel and on one occasion they said they had gotten through to Away We Go Promotions and that the check should be sent out shortly.

I wanted another 30 days (November 2010) and continued to send emails and call Serenity Travel. To date, I have not received our $100 refund. I don't know where to turn now. My next step is to call the Delaware Attorney General's Office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serenity Travel Club?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Serenity Travel Club Company Profile