2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

4.8/5 (140 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was won...

Verified

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was no...

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Having participated in Wyndham Discovery I have enjoyed several high quality hotels in such cities as Las Vegas, Orlando, Atlantic City, Puerto Rico's, and National Harbor. After averaging about how much it's ruined with calls without Discovery I estimate I would have paid 5 to $6000 for all the rooms With kitchens and Jacuzzi tubs, nice living rooms pool, gyms, tv's, very nice rooms. I will not deny that. So I figured I could continue to go with Wyndham time shares.

However buying a Wyndham timeshares from Wyndham gets can't be very expensive. For example for 80000 points Cost about $20000 That you pay with interest over a number of years whatever so basically they give you a loan for $20000 to buy this timeshare and then put interest on top of that, plus maintenance fees And your interest is conducive on your credit score It's all very predatory. So you're probably saying why go with Wyndham. Well I didn't. I went with Sell My Timeshare. On sell my timeshare I bought a timeshare for About $4500 From people who were with Wyndham and received 366000 points. So 80000 biannual points, plus interest and maintenance or 366000 point annually for 4500.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We really wanted out of our unit in Mexico and after looking around the internet about how to do it, or if it could be done, my confidence was low that we would be able to get out of it. I thought about just stopping payments and letting them do whatever they do to me. But instead I reached out to SMTN because I figured it couldn't hurt to try before resorting to default.

About 5 months later I got an unexpected call from a very friendly agent from SMTN and he asked me if I was still ready to sell! He had found the perfect buyer, turned out to be a retired couple from NJ was looking for my exact week in Mexico. I exclaimed YES but really I was still skeptical. Was all my stress and burdens with this going to be lifted so easily? No way! But within a month and half it was all over and I had a check for a lot more than I thought. And I am very impressed by SMTN as they had the whole process very streamlined. I barely had to do anything. 100% very very positive experience with them. Highly recommend. -David K

Original review: June 9, 2021

We recently purchased a resale timeshare from Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN). We were nervous at first because...well it was a timeshare we were buying. :) We had done our research and knew what we wanted and what to expect from the BP Privilege Club TS we purchased. SMTN made the process easy and timely. They provided a copy of the previous owner's contract for review, communicated during all the steps along the way and followed up to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The whole transaction was handled online with electronic signing! Easy, Fast, Accurate with great follow through. I wouldn't hesitate to use SMTN in the future or recommend them to friends.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Taylor! We realize that purchasing a timeshare can be a complicated process, but that’s what we’re here for. We strive to provide both buyers and sellers a process that’s simple, straightforward, and transparent, and we’re glad to hear you were pleased with your experience working with Sell My Timeshare Now. Congratulations on the purchase of your new timeshare and thank you for your endorsement!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I posted a general inquiry to SMTN about selling, and then decided to hold off listing it. Seven months later an agent contacted me because my property (which was still in their system) matched the specific characteristics of a buyer. Once I agreed to sell it was all handled via email and snail mail. Instructions were clear about the deed transfer, timeline, and required documents, and all my questions were answered within 1 day of me emailing my agent. I had a positive and easy experience selling my timeshare in Colorado. Expectation management: expect a long wait and don't expect to sell it for what you paid for it. Once my property was matched to a buyer then the actual process of selling was great with SMTN.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Amy! We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience selling your Grand Lodge at Peak 7 timeshare. Our marketplace delivers a straightforward and seamless way for buyers to connect with sellers all over the world, and we pride ourselves on keeping both buyers and sellers informed throughout the entire process. Congratulations on your sale!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Thank you SO much for helping me acquire my dream timeshare in Maui! ** reached out to me about a property he knew I liked and I proceeded to buy it. SMTN handled everything or walked me through the process. It was so easy and smooth. I still almost can't believe it. This is my second time using SMTN and both experiences have been great. I trust them implicitly to get things done right. I just received my owner packet from Maui Marriott Ocean Club and have called to book our first vacation next year when The Covid hopefully subsides. Highly recommend this company for both sides of timeshare transactions. I am currently listing one of my other timeshares with SMTN to sell. I know it's in good hands.

Lisa **, proud new owner :-p

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa, and congratulations on your recent Marriott's Maui Ocean Club timeshare purchase! We’re thrilled to hear you were able to find your dream timeshare with SMTN, and we’ll be sure to pass your kind words to Chris! Our goal is to provide both buyers and sellers with a straightforward sales experience using our platform, and we truly appreciate your confidence in us to help you with your vacation ownership needs. Thank you for your loyalty - we look forward to working with you again in the future. Safe travels, and enjoy Maui next year!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

They listed my timeshare, notified me every time there was any inquiries and the result of that inquiry, and kept me in the loop during the selling process when it did sale. I knew going in that I had to be patient. It took a while but not FOREVER. Very professional.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My husband and I opted to sell our timeshare. Because of all the horror stories I've heard, I was a bit apprehensive to list it through a Timeshare Closing Company. We made the best decision when we used Timeshare Closing Services. They were professional and very customer friendly. Everything went smoothly. No issues at all! I would highly recommend anyone attempting to sell their timeshare to use this company. All questions were answered and administered as promised. Our sales representative Owen was so helpful.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

After much effort in years past to sell our timeshare unsuccessfully, we were so grateful we had success with SMTN. Ben ** was very helpful and easy to work with. We didn't get much money for it in the end but we at least got out from under the annual fees that made it not worth the money. Definitely would recommend the team at SMTN.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! Initially it seems very promising and professional. They have someone give you details in full on how they have a website and how you can check your listing online and check in with their customer service so it seems like the real deal but it’s NOT. They ask for money upfront to “assist” in selling your timeshare. Thousands of dollars I might add. They couldn’t sell it over two years until finally I asked for my money back since it didn’t sell (because they say you can). Of course that was hard no even though in their selling spiel they say that they will if they can’t sell it.

After I complained they somehow had a 3rd party attorney’s office contact me to offer me a one only deal for thousands of more dollars to sell it to them with 24hrs to decide (just like how they pressure to buy a timeshare, they want you to make a decision quick without researching). I contacted an attorney of my own who said to contact my timeshare directly to see if they would buy it back. I did, and they took it back for FREE! I advised SMTN of this and requested my money back again per their guidelines but they reneged and were rude to me on the phone. This company takes money from you and doesn't sell your property. They DRAG it out and then sell your information to law firms they work with to get even MORE money out of you. DONT USE SMTN!! Call your timeshare and see if they have a take back program. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

In the spring we inquired about buying a timeshare that was listed on SMTN.. I contacted the website, we had a prompt response and shortly aferwards we started the negotiations... We dealt with Chris... He was absolutely 100%, from the negotiations for the purchase cost to walking us through all the steps to complete the purchase.. He was allways available for questions by phone or email and promptly answered everything in a timely manner... The purchase went through without any hicups...(just took time, 7 months, so be patient). The experience on this purchase with Chris and SMTN, we would recommend using SMTN for a purchase of a timeshare... We definitely would again the future,

Bob