2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

4.4/5 (62 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

Verified

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was won...

Verified

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was no...

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Although we already owned one timeshare with a different company, we had been interested in purchasing a Marriott Ko Olina timeshare since we stayed at the property a few years ago. I was contacted by ** with a good opportunity. After doing my due diligence (checking out every aspect of the company and title company), we proceeded with the purchase. The process was smooth, and SMTN representatives were professional. Regarding the title company, it was a legitimate company in Hawaii, which was also very smooth. Everyone involved was very responsive. I would do business with SMTN in the future.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Greg! We’re happy to hear you had a positive experience purchasing through SMTN and are pleased with your transaction, and we hope you enjoy your new Marriott’s Ko Olina timeshare. We strive to ensure a smooth process for both buyers and sellers on our platform and look forward to the opportunity to help you with any of your future vacation ownership needs.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

Thank you SO much for helping me acquire my dream timeshare in Maui! ** reached out to me about a property he knew I liked and I proceeded to buy it. SMTN handled everything or walked me through the process. It was so easy and smooth. I still almost can't believe it. This is my second time using SMTN and both experiences have been great. I trust them implicitly to get things done right. I just received my owner packet from Maui Marriott Ocean Club and have called to book our first vacation next year when The Covid hopefully subsides. Highly recommend this company for both sides of timeshare transactions. I am currently listing one of my other timeshares with SMTN to sell. I know it's in good hands.

Lisa **, proud new owner :-p

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Lisa, and congratulations on your recent Marriott's Maui Ocean Club timeshare purchase! We’re thrilled to hear you were able to find your dream timeshare with SMTN, and we’ll be sure to pass your kind words to Chris! Our goal is to provide both buyers and sellers with a straightforward sales experience using our platform, and we truly appreciate your confidence in us to help you with your vacation ownership needs. Thank you for your loyalty - we look forward to working with you again in the future. Safe travels, and enjoy Maui next year!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I had contacted SMTN early in the year interested in a platinum oceanfront week at the Marriott Ocean Pointe resort. At the time they did not have any in the inventory at the price I was willing to pay. However, they kept my request on file and contacted me when such a week became available meeting my price requirement. They handled all the purchase issues in a transparent and efficient way and made sure that the 2021 week owned by the seller was transferred for my use. They were professional and pleasant to work with.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Rick! We’re so pleased to hear you had a positive experience purchasing with SMTN, and we hope you enjoy your new Marriott Ocean Point Resort Platinum Week ownership. We always strive to provide a seamless, transparent, and efficient experience for both buyers and sellers on our platform, and we’re glad we were able to help you find the timeshare you were looking for.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My wife and I bought into the HGVC years ago as a means to try and fix the cost of bringing our large family together every year for a family reunion. Our 7 children now have families of their own and live in different states. California became the most central gathering place for us, especially because we are beach lovers. As the number of grandchildren has grown, we've needed more points in order to have enough room for us to spend a week together. Being able to buy more points in the secondary market has been an amazing way for us to reach our goals and still remain in our budget. This has really been a boon for our family.

We use every point every year and have the memories as a family to prove it. Thanks for your help. Others may find timeshares a burden, we have learned how to make them a great blessing in our lives and a wonderful way to come together to celebrate our relationships as family members. It is a cherished tradition for us all.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

George, thank you so much for sharing your experience purchasing more points on the secondary market. We are so glad to hear your HGVC ownership is working out so well for you, and that we could assist you in adding even more flexibility and options for usage. Many owners have the same experience when they need to upgrade their existing ownership, and purchasing resale is a great way to save on the costs of adding more points. Plus, by purchasing resale you are helping another owner who is ready to move on from their ownership - buying on the resale market in truly a win-win scenario for all parties! Thank you again for working with SellMyTimeshareNow.com, and we look forward to working with you again if the need arises. Enjoy your future family vacations in California!

Original review: June 5, 2020

My husband fell for the Hilton time share pitch. We purchased a 2 and a 1 bedroom unit in Platinum Season. We stayed and skied for 4 years but could never trade the week as was described initially. We joked about with what we paid we could be staying in a 5 star hotel! The annual fees seemed OK, but when I saw what we could have purchased our nice units for on SMTN I was upset. Our sales person and everyone we dealt with at SMTN was knowledgeable and efficient. The sales went smoothly. Knowing what we could purchase a time share for on SMTN, we have actually tossed around the possibility of purchasing again in the future.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Jeanne! We are so glad we were able to assist you in selling your Hilton timeshares. If you do decide to purchase again in the future, we are here to help!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I posted a general inquiry to SMTN about selling, and then decided to hold off listing it. Seven months later an agent contacted me because my property (which was still in their system) matched the specific characteristics of a buyer. Once I agreed to sell it was all handled via email and snail mail. Instructions were clear about the deed transfer, timeline, and required documents, and all my questions were answered within 1 day of me emailing my agent. I had a positive and easy experience selling my timeshare in Colorado. Expectation management: expect a long wait and don't expect to sell it for what you paid for it. Once my property was matched to a buyer then the actual process of selling was great with SMTN.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Amy! We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience selling your Grand Lodge at Peak 7 timeshare. Our marketplace delivers a straightforward and seamless way for buyers to connect with sellers all over the world, and we pride ourselves on keeping both buyers and sellers informed throughout the entire process. Congratulations on your sale!

Original review: April 29, 2021

From negotiation with seller, to closing always smooth. This is the second time I have used SMTN. Amazing. Trust you are dealing with honest folks. I will never use anyone else nor would I ever buy a time Share without using them.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your feedback, Jason! We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience purchasing your timeshare through SMTN. Thank you for trusting us to help you through the process not only once, but twice. We appreciate your confidence in us. Congratulations on your purchase!

Original review: April 29, 2021

They brought me a qualified buyer. We agreed on a price. The conversations were professional and direct with no pressure whatsoever. All contact thereafter as to closing was clearly presented. Closing went smoothly and I received the proceeds quickly. I am comfortable in recommending this company to others.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Although we did not get market value (there really is no market), I was very satisfied with the timeshare selling process. I found the communications with SMTN to be very efficient and timely, always keeping us up to date on the status of the sale. Bonus - we did get our 2020/21 maintenance fees returned as part of the deal which was not expected. I would recommend SMTN to other owners wishing to divest of their timeshares.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Congratulations on selling your timeshare, Janet! We realize that selling a timeshare on the resale market can take time and are thrilled to hear that the process yielded you results that met your expectations. We take pride in keeping both buyers and sellers well-informed throughout the process and until the sale has been completed. Thank you for your recommendation!

Original review: April 21, 2021

We recently sold our timeshare through SMTN and while it takes awhile with the paperwork we were highly satisfied with their services. We are now in the process of selling another timeshare through this same company. This company seems very reliable to us.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Gary! At SMTN, we are committed to working with buyers and sellers from start to finish, keeping both parties informed throughout the entire process. We thank you for trusting in us and for providing a recommendation as a result of our service. Congratulations on selling your Cabo San Lucas timeshare – we look forward to assisting you with any of your future timeshare needs!

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information