4.8/5 (164 ratings)

About SellMyTimeshareNow

SellMyTimeshareNow (SMTN) is an online marketplace that connects timeshare buyers, sellers and renters on a worldwide platform. The SMTN website has over 10,000 unique visitors daily, and the advanced search features make it easy to find opportunities whether you’re selling your timeshare or looking to buy or rent property.

Pros

• Sell or rent your timeshare
  • Find a timeshare to rent
  • Helps you reach a wider market

Cons

• Reviews mention complex contracts

Bottom Line

SellMyTimeshareNow is an active online marketplace that connects timeshare owners with people looking to buy or rent timeshare properties. The customer care team walks sellers through every step of the sale.

Top SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We used SMTN.com to buy our new timeshare in Breck at a fraction of the cost of buying new through the resort. Communication between our sales rep and the rest of the team was won...

Verified

SellMyTimeshareNOW made the process quick and easy. Our biggest concern, not having sold a timeshare before, was that we would somehow fall victim to a scam. This obviously was no...

How does SellMyTimeshareNow work?

SellMyTimeshareNow puts your property in front of thousands of interested buyers and renters looking for a hassle-free timeshare buying experience. Whether you’re looking to sell your timeshare or rent it out, listing your property on SMTN puts it in front of the exact people who are looking for it.

Selling your timeshare

Sellers who can no longer afford to pay maintenance fees or don’t have the time to use their property can sell it to buyers who don’t want to participate in the traditional timeshare presentation process. SMTN gets your property in front of buyers in more than 200 countries. The company has no hidden fees and advertises a hassle-free closing process.

SMTN uses internet marketing techniques to target a global audience of customers. Thousands of buyers find its website through search engines like Google and Yahoo. SMTN also assists with closing and transfer services.

When you sign up with SMTN, your property is advertised on a listing page that lets you customize the description, pictures and ownership details. Through the owner dashboard, you can track and respond to messages and inquiries and connect with the customer care team.

Renting your timeshare

SMTN also connects owners with people looking to rent property. The average rental rate on SMTN is around $1,700. With average timeshare fees ranging from $1,000 to $1,200, renting out your timeshare can cover maintenance fees. Rental fees are discounted for owners who also list a property for sale on the SMTN website. Many sellers rent out their timeshare while they are waiting for it to sell.

SellMyTimeshareNow costs

The first step in selling your timeshare with SMTN is figuring out how much it is worth. The value of a timeshare property depends on different things such as:

• Ownership type
  • Usage frequency
  • Unit type and size
  • Points package

Customers can view a live offer feed to see how much other sellers are being offered for their properties. These numbers change constantly, but below are some examples of timeshare properties in popular resorts and their SMTN offers:

• Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Sheraton Vista Villages in Orlando: $10,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Banyan Harbor in Hawaii: $6,000
  • Two-bedroom, two-bath suite at Coconut Bay Resort in Ft. Lauderdale: $1,500
  • One-bedroom, one-bath suite at Bluewater Resort in Hilton Head: $22,900

SellMyTimeshareNow FAQ

Is SellMyTimeshareNow a scam?
Sell My Timeshare is a legitimate company that specializes in timeshare resale and rental services. Some reviews state that SMTN does not always sell the property as quickly as it advertises and the contract can be confusing, but there are no hidden fees and customers have the option to cancel.
What does SellMyTimeshareNow do?
Sell My Timeshare connects timeshare owners with people who want to buy or rent a timeshare. It is an active online marketplace that uses innovative search engine optimization strategies to get available timeshare properties in front of qualified buyers.
Is Sell My Timeshare a legal company?
Yes. SellMyTimeshareNow is legal.
Is SellMyTimeshareNow safe?
There are always risks in investment properties, but STMN is not known to be an unsafe or fraudulent company.

Is SellMyTimeshareNow legit?

Yes. SMTN has helped thousands of sellers connect with qualified renters and buyers to assist timeshare owners sell their property. We recommend SellMyTimeshareNow for people looking to buy, rent or sell a timeshare property.

SellMyTimeshareNow Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SellMyTimeshareNow?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I heard from one of the sharks on Shark Tank that this was a real business that DID help people share their timeshares. She was right. However... Anyone selling their timeshare needs to have realistic goals and be committed to selling. SMTN suggested I start out listing at a 2 thousand dollars to see what response I got. Note that I paid $15K (in 1994) for the thing, so for some sellers, that might be a tough pill to swallow. I already knew that I was not going to get back NEARLY what I paid for it and I was determined to sell it and get out from the ever-increasing yearly dues.

In the end, it sold for $100 and it took more than a year to complete that sale. BUT, IT DID GET DONE. Other than the fact that it took a long time (not the fault of SMTN) and that I ended up paying more to sell it than it was worth (again, IMO, not the fault of SMTN - timeshares are fun when you purchase them, but terrible investments in the long run), it was a relatively painless process.

Everyone I worked with at SMTN was professional and helpful. Note that I listed my TS in Sept of 2020 at the height of COVID when vacations were being postponed by many many people. Not a great time to be selling. A buyer was found in mid-2021 and the sale was completed at the end of 2021 (the TS sale process is slow, in general as I was told, but required little attention from me other than attending to the associated paperwork). I would definitely recommend SMTN to anyone committed to getting out of their timeshare. They will simplify the process for you and be patient with you for what could be a sales process that takes 1-2 years.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Having participated in Wyndham Discovery I have enjoyed several high quality hotels in such cities as Las Vegas, Orlando, Atlantic City, Puerto Rico's, and National Harbor. After averaging about how much it's ruined with calls without Discovery I estimate I would have paid 5 to $6000 for all the rooms With kitchens and Jacuzzi tubs, nice living rooms pool, gyms, tv's, very nice rooms. I will not deny that. So I figured I could continue to go with Wyndham time shares.

However buying a Wyndham timeshares from Wyndham gets can't be very expensive. For example for 80000 points Cost about $20000 That you pay with interest over a number of years whatever so basically they give you a loan for $20000 to buy this timeshare and then put interest on top of that, plus maintenance fees And your interest is conducive on your credit score It's all very predatory. So you're probably saying why go with Wyndham. Well I didn't. I went with Sell My Timeshare. On sell my timeshare I bought a timeshare for About $4500 From people who were with Wyndham and received 366000 points. So 80000 biannual points, plus interest and maintenance or 366000 point annually for 4500.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

We really wanted out of our unit in Mexico and after looking around the internet about how to do it, or if it could be done, my confidence was low that we would be able to get out of it. I thought about just stopping payments and letting them do whatever they do to me. But instead I reached out to SMTN because I figured it couldn't hurt to try before resorting to default.

About 5 months later I got an unexpected call from a very friendly agent from SMTN and he asked me if I was still ready to sell! He had found the perfect buyer, turned out to be a retired couple from NJ was looking for my exact week in Mexico. I exclaimed YES but really I was still skeptical. Was all my stress and burdens with this going to be lifted so easily? No way! But within a month and half it was all over and I had a check for a lot more than I thought. And I am very impressed by SMTN as they had the whole process very streamlined. I barely had to do anything. 100% very very positive experience with them. Highly recommend. -David K

Original review: June 9, 2021

We recently purchased a resale timeshare from Sell My Timeshare Now (SMTN). We were nervous at first because...well it was a timeshare we were buying. :) We had done our research and knew what we wanted and what to expect from the BP Privilege Club TS we purchased. SMTN made the process easy and timely. They provided a copy of the previous owner's contract for review, communicated during all the steps along the way and followed up to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The whole transaction was handled online with electronic signing! Easy, Fast, Accurate with great follow through. I wouldn't hesitate to use SMTN in the future or recommend them to friends.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Taylor! We realize that purchasing a timeshare can be a complicated process, but that’s what we’re here for. We strive to provide both buyers and sellers a process that’s simple, straightforward, and transparent, and we’re glad to hear you were pleased with your experience working with Sell My Timeshare Now. Congratulations on the purchase of your new timeshare and thank you for your endorsement!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I posted a general inquiry to SMTN about selling, and then decided to hold off listing it. Seven months later an agent contacted me because my property (which was still in their system) matched the specific characteristics of a buyer. Once I agreed to sell it was all handled via email and snail mail. Instructions were clear about the deed transfer, timeline, and required documents, and all my questions were answered within 1 day of me emailing my agent. I had a positive and easy experience selling my timeshare in Colorado. Expectation management: expect a long wait and don't expect to sell it for what you paid for it. Once my property was matched to a buyer then the actual process of selling was great with SMTN.

SellMyTimeshareNow response

Thank you for your positive feedback, Amy! We are so glad to hear you had a positive experience selling your Grand Lodge at Peak 7 timeshare. Our marketplace delivers a straightforward and seamless way for buyers to connect with sellers all over the world, and we pride ourselves on keeping both buyers and sellers informed throughout the entire process. Congratulations on your sale!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We are so pleased SellMyTimeshareNow contacted us! We had doubts from the get-go, but felt like they were truly going to help us and decided to go for it. We are so thankful we did! The manner in which they handled everything took us by surprise and we were very excited to work with them. We struggled to try to find some place to sell our timeshare without having to pay thousands and thousands of dollars. This is the place, they did it. They sold our timeshare and we actually received money back! They were honest courteous, and very efficient. Honestly I can’t believe we were so lucky to find them. I would recommend this company 100 times over, it finally happened and we are out of our timeshare and maintenance fees! Thank you thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We had a great transaction buy Wyndham points to increase our total point count. We had purchased from wyndham directly and wanted to increase our available points easily and inexpensively. So we chose to purchase the same point type and it was so easy and smooth, just a 4month wait time and poof they showed up in our account.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

From the first person that contacted us through the staff at the title company, everyone was pleasant, efficient and knowledgeable. It was handled expeditiously and we were kept informed the entire time as to where we were in the process.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I had the dealing with Sell My Timeshares for the purchase of an annual Timeshare in Mexico. Even though we are dealing remotely from Canada and the sellers were from the USA , the whole process went smooth and was fairly easy. Sell My Timeshare walked us through everything and I would definitely recommend to a friend if they were thinking about purchasing a Timeshare.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I was totally satisfied with the sale of my timeshare using SMTN. They kept me informed and up to date with the sale, and did everything that they promised. The process took a while, but not because of any problems at the sales office.

SellMyTimeshareNow Company Information