Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Anyone looking to sail on a cruise ship stay far away from Royal Caribbean!!! Myself and a friend decided to take our first cruise with RC and chose this cruise line because of the awesome advertising they have in their commercials. We took Empress of the Seas in January and were excited to hear that there was a 14 million dollar renovation on this particular cruise ship. When we arrived on the ship we were stunned to say the least!!! They had falsely advertised this cruise ship to being renovated but everything on the ship was old, dirty, and smelled!!! We tried to get off of the ship immediately but were told that if we decided to leave the ship, there would be a 300 dollar port fee per person plus we would lose every nickel of what we paid for!

We decided to stay since we had no other choice and headed to the only buffet opened. We were mortified and disgusted to see that the first things on the buffet were rotted fruit, and the food was not replenished for hours!! (as you can clearly see in the pictures). The sit down dining was no better. The steak looked like it was fake meat and nothing tasted real!!! Myself and my friend had upset stomachs the entire time including me breaking out to something in our room!! I had hives all over my hands and when I had called to get medical care was told I would be fully charged no matter if it was Royal Caribbean's fault or not!!! Pictures don't lie!!! If you are going to spend your money on a cruise, go with Disney all the way!!! I would have stayed home for 4 days than to experience this again! If Royal gave me a free voucher to go back I would say NO 100 PERCENT!!!

Service was awful as well. We ordered the drink package and added gratuity. We thought it would be easier to do it ahead of time so there was no paperwork and signing every time. Boy were we wrong!! We were made to sign for every little thing we ordered including coffee! We also felt pressured to leave extra tip because every receipt had a tip line. Made it very awkward when you didn't leave a tip however we had added the gratuity before we arrived! We accumulated so many receipts it was a HUGE waste of paper. I had a huge purse full of drink receipts. Even at dinner for every drink, we had to fill out a receipt slip. Lastly, our bathroom flooded on the last day of the cruise and we were late to our excursion! The renovation had said they had fixed plumbing issues but clearly not!!! If you have the choice to stay home or take a Royal Caribbean cruise, STAY HOME!!!

October 2016 because of Hurricane I was unable to leave NC to Florida to take my Cruise. The Cruise that was supposed to depart on Thursday keep postponing, but not canceling. It was postponed for Friday and it left the Port 9 pm Friday the 7th of October... All the airports closed to arrived in Florida. After many calls and days of talking with so many people and explaining the same things, a Employee from Royal Caribbean, sent me a Certification in my name for $425.00 to use for a future Cruise until October 2017. I have paid around $639. The $200 they have claim it was for Tax, so it could not be included on the Certificate. Ok... Not completely happy as I lost $200, but I was ok... as I was able at least to travel until October 2017.

2 weeks ago I called to make sure all is ok, so I could set up my next cruise... and GUESS what. The Certificate that Hugo ** gave as a PDF document under my name, with the amount they have said: $425.00... was a FAKE no existing Certificate. Can you imagine How I felt? Grace ** from Guest Relations did a poor job trying to help with my Customer Satisfaction. Royal Caribbean employee commit a huge mistake sending. I customer cannot suffer because their error. They have to fix, and work with their employee. Do not Travel or trust on this Cruise company. I have travel a lot with Norwegian Cruise Line and they are amazing!

I made a reservation 2 months ago for Jewel of the Seas on 3/18/2018 Southern Caribbean. It was a surprise to my wife for our 20th Anniversary. On 4/4 2017 I got a email saying that the cruise had been chartered and the cruise was cancelled. It was very hard to tell my wife. I will never cruise again!

I am a victim of identity theft and fraud by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. I work in the technology industry and am very sensitive to protecting my identity. Royal Caribbean was where I became a victim of identity theft.

Background: In September of 2016, I reserved a cruise for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary. I called Royal Caribbean to make the reservation. I gave the agent my credit card info and security code. Two days later, an address change was filed with the United States Post Office via the internet. This required a credit card with a billing address that matches the changing from address. This was the same credit card I provided Royal Caribbean. They also had my address from the reservation and the security code from the credit card. This was the ONLY transaction on my credit card making it obvious that the breach happened at Royal Caribbean. The address changed to is in Hialeah, FL which is a suburb of Miami where Royal Caribbean is based.

Impact: As I didn't receive notification of the address change for a week, the impact this was far-reaching. I had to close banking accounts and credit card accounts. Both my wife (an elementary school teacher) and I took time away from work and hours on the phone with USPS and the Hialeah Police Dept. I've had to secure credit protection. I was at a conference, had to leave two days early and drive 5 hours home in the middle of the night to fight this. Even worse, my elderly mother had mailed me a check which was rerouted in this fraud. Thus she had to close her checking account too. This was very trying for her as well. All of which is a result of Royal Caribbeans inability to protect my credit card and address information. It's hard to put into words the impact this has had on my family, it has been and continues to be significant.

Status: I have been pursuing this with Royal Caribbean for SIX months now. Royal Caribbean refuses to acknowledge their ownership in this issue. Other than two weeks ago, I have had no communication from Royal Caribbean since early December. Very unprofessional. After numerous emails and calls this month, I've finally made contact and the matter is pretty much being denied by Royal Caribbean and swept under the rug.

Royal Caribbean continues to refuse to acknowledge this incident or take responsibility. I am a Platinum member of their Crown & Anchor Society which means I've cruised with them a number of times. Yet, they continue to avoid this issue. Clearly they don't value loyal passengers. If you want to avoid identity theft, I recommend avoiding Royal Caribbean and its affiliate Celebrity Cruise Lines. Please use my experience to protect yourself. Find another company to cruise with, I know I will.

I booked this cruise (Anthem of the Seas) for 3/26/17. I try to NEVER cruise when kids are out of school. However, this cruise was over-run with unaccompanied minors! This ship has: Flow rider, iFly, bumper cars, roller skating, circus school... plus water slides, etc.. The only ride my husband and I can do is the 'North Star', the emblem of this ship, it's a pod on an arm that lifts you 300 ft. above sea level, then is supposed to go over the edge of the ship and over the water. A 9 min. ride, supposed to be available at sea or in port. Well, 1st, it never goes past the edge of the ship, so never over the water. 2. IT WAS COMPLETELY BOOKED OUT ON DAY ONE, OF A 7 DAY CRUISE?? WHAT??? A 9 min. ride, completely booked? Yup. I had to go through customer service to even get to ride it ONCE.

Then when in Port, at RCCL's private island and all the kids were ashore, we tried to get in a standby line... nope! Closed until just before all the kids were back! OMG... I was never on a cruise during the school year, where the kids were literally running wild THE WHOLE CRUISE! Always, they were with their group or with THEIR PARENTS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

Oh my (as I shake my head), where do I begin to describe how awful that this Royal Caribbean cruise experience was for my husband and I??? Let me begin by saying that there was one great thing about this cruise and that was the quality of the headliner shows on the March 25th sailing of the Independence of the Seas. The dance show was great and it got better and better after that with the comedy of Kivi Rogers, the sensational sounds of a men's acapella group called the Edge Effect and what can I say about the amazing production of Grease? We absolutely loved these shows but unfortunately, that is ALL we loved about any of this cruise experience and when I say ALL I mean all.

We had such bright expectations too, you know?! I had not been cruising since 2002 and I was really looking forward to the entire experience on the high seas. Actually, my experience in 1997, twenty years ago on Carnival Cruise Lines, was very good. I thought that Royal Caribbean was going to be a huge upgrade but instead it was a huge precipitous downgrade in all aspects. We had done so much research about this ship and had actually watched a bunch of YouTube videos that different people had made of their experience. Needless to say that we were so excited! The ship seemed huge and spacious but now looking back I realize why they made the ship so massive. It was simply to jam as many people into every available corner of the vessel that they possibly could. Except for when the ship was docked Costa Maya or in Cozumel (our two stops), this ship felt like a sardine can most of the time.

Going to the pools on the 11th deck was not a very satisfying nor sanitary experience whatsoever. We actually had to present our SeaPass card in order to "check out" two pool towels and get this, if you did not check it back in you were charged a whopping $25.00 per towel! Can you believe that??? They actually would charge you a fee for not bringing a common pool towel back to the staff??? I could not believe it? Couldn't they have just provided towels in the room instead? It just added to the overall lack of customer service that came to symbolize RCCL the best. Oh yeah, I almost forgot one more thing that was great was the fitness center. It was very nice and provided a great workout experience for sure. But again, if not for the shows and the gym, this would have rated a big fat zero in my book.

Getting onboard was quite the hassle because it seemed like you had to go through a million doors before you got onboard the ship and it was getting onboard that presented the most discomfort of all. I was caught up in the euphoria and taking video of getting onto the ship and after clearing Customs and security, I thought that we were all clear. Well, as I was soon to find out in a rude manner by an RCCL crew member, I was not yet through all of the security hoops. I presented my SeaPass card and she went to scan it but noticed that I was still recording video. She immediately made me stop my camera and told me that I needed to delete the footage because I was in US Port Security Zone. I tried to show her that I did not know but she was just rude and held me up.

I thought that she was going to confiscate my little GoPro camera. First of all, why did she have to make me feel like I was a criminal? There was absolutely no need for that kind of treatment at all. She was not a US government official or anything. She had the RCCL crew uniform on and should have been nicer. Yet she wasn't. To top it all off, the ship never did a Bon Voyage moment at all and just started to pull away from port without telling the passengers. I don't know about you but my memories go back to the days of the "Love Boat" and Captain Stubing but this was nothing at all like that, not even close! I noticed that as we were leaving that there was this US Coast Guard ship escorting us out to sea. It had a person on it who was standing there on that vessel manning a machine gun!? I kid you not, wow we have come a long way from innocence have we not??? Why in the world would that even be necessary?

Of all the things that were disappointing, the foods was definitely at the top of the list. First of all, my husband and I are vegan and I put on a little over ten pounds in five days and that was even after trying to eat healthily. Let me say this, apart from eating apples, oranges, bananas and melons, there is NOTHING healthy about any of the food aboard this ship! It is drenched with oils and fats, high-fructose corn syrup and way too much sodium. I did not expect to lose weight on this cruise but I certainly did not expect to put on ten pounds! The Windjammer was like a visit to Golden Corral or Ryan's. The quality of the food was awful and the amount of people hoarding after food was disgusting to say the least.

Oh and the help? They were of no help at all whatsoever. Some were actually quite rude and mean, to be honest. I was very much disappointed with most of all the crew members that we got into contact with. Oh and forget thinking that you have a table if you get up to get seconds. On several occasions, we were made to go searching for another table to eat our meal because as soon as we got up, our table would get cleared off and when we came back there would be someone else there at our spot. It was discouraging and annoying. I highly recommend that you NOT bother with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, believe me there must be others that are better out there. Any one of the others is a huge improvement.

I've been on a few cruises just recently. We took our honeymoon in February on the Majesty of the Seas. We were supposed to leave Monday at 4 but because they're not go against and replacing the life jackets they were stopped by the coast guards and we were not able to leave until Tuesday at 6 which caused us to miss one of our stops. We were assured if we stayed on the ship and they cannot get our money back that we would make all the stops and their itinerary but we didn't end up leaving till 6 o'clock Tuesday. All of our excursions were cancelled. We were in Nassau for only a little bit due to being late. By the time I got there everything downtown closed at 5 o'clock and we can go out there shift afternoon. Then Thursday when we were supposed to go to Cococay originally on Tuesday the weather was bad so we headed back to Port. So Monday, Tuesday, Thursday night and Friday we were in Port Canaveral.

They think that $130 credit and 25% towards another cruise is sufficient enough. We spend an extra hundred and twenty to have our massages done on the ships in how we couldn't go to report Tuesday and have them done for 200 and it being a struggling young couple. We don't have time to take another vacation in a year and to leave our kids behind to go on another cruise without them. All the excursions we wanted to do we didn't get to do. I don't know more sweaters and I'm getting back. That's all they're doing for everybody that was on the ship due to their negligence not anybody else's.

My husband and I took this cruise to celebrate my 64th birthday and just to relax and get away. It was anything but relaxing, 2,000 students celebrating spring break. These kids were rude, obnoxious, loud and disrespectful. Royal Caribbean allowed them to run drunk and wild all over the ship. We couldn't sit by the pool. One guy vomited all over one of the chairs. There was broken glass lying on the pool deck. I tried sitting on the balcony off of our stateroom and they were in the room next to us screaming and banging around. There was no quiet place to get away from it all. We've cruised with RC before and had a wonderful experience. That was quite a few years ago. I guess they have lowered their standards. This will be our last time cruising with this cruise line.

We arrived at the port at noon, we were early, there was hardly anyone in line. We went through a very disorganized baggage drop off with the guys telling you that if you want your bags on time to tip them good... We go to park and there is not a single spot. We have to go to the lot over and walk over. By the time we get back over there, it's 12:30 and the line is ridiculous. Their computer systems went down and they had to enter every one of us manually. We are standing in line and they security lets hundreds of people cut in front of us and when someone said something about it, they said it's gonna happen, nothing they can do.

We finally get to the desk at 3:45 and they had messed up the names in our stateroom (they had my husband listed in both rooms) and the old lady said it was our fault even though they had called and tweaked our single room to 2 different ones the day before because they didn't have enough rooms for 4 people. She had to get someone else to fix it, they were nice but it took another 30 minutes (and it still wasn't fixed. They had my husband's card messed up for like 2 days). We planned to eat lunch on the boat, my 5 and 2 year olds hadn't eaten since breakfast and somehow we end up being the last ones on the boat at 4:15. We had until 4:30-4:45 something like that to be at our muster station for the safety demonstration, and we go to try and go ANYWHERE to get anything real quick for my kids to eat on the way and they blocked our way and said we can't that we have to go now, even though we still had 20 minutes. I was furious.

There was never anything else said other than the announcer in the terminal saying sorry for the delay, no formal apology to everyone for the terrible process and making kids and old people go without food for so long. Then on top of that we all crowded outside all the food places until 7, because they were running behind before they finally opened. So we were charged gratuities for a day that didn't start until 7, my kids went from breakfast to their bedtime without access to food. And nothing was said. We went to talk to customer service and we're told that 90% of the passengers probably had the same story, what do we want them to do about it... make up for it and act like it matters! Ugh.

The room was comfortable with extra fans that we brought. The food was fine. Other than that... The weather sucked and was cold, which they can't help, but it added to the annoyance. The parades were disorganized and you could tell they were just going through the motions. You had to search for any kind of information (like what port number your boat was at, show tickets, shore excursion limits). Kid pools closed early (6 pm, what??). Super crowded.

As we leave, they stop us and say we can't get off the boat that we have to go to customer service. We get there and she says that we have to settle our account, we did cash pay so that they wouldn't have a card on file to mess up charges on. They tried to charge us for a $550+ drink package when we bought 1 soft drink package the 2nd day that they had to hand write a receipt because their system was still down and they still hadn't fixed my husband's card. We said, "No, we got a different package, here look at the sticker on the card." She didn't believe us... So we told her we also ordered 3 alcoholic beverages the whole trip and paid for them. Why would we get a $500+ package for 3 drinks and 10 full ups at the Coke machine and pay for our drink separately. She said that's what we ordered we had to pay.

I said that I wanted to talk to a supervisor because she wasn't listening to what we were saying and we needed to leave, this was wasting our time. She told me not to be rude that she couldn't do anything we had to pay. I said to call a manager now that I wasn't talking to her about it anymore because she wasn't listening. I'm not paying $550 for something I didn't buy or use. She rolled her eyes and called and Sat on the phone for 5 minutes then said it was taken care of, we could go and gave us glares and shooed us away. I did not thank her. We walked away and were finally able to get off the boat.

Oh and the mobile customs app they told us to download, wasted my time downloading it and putting in all 4 of our passport info for it to say it was unable to process at that time... so we had to go through the regular line anyways. Useless. We will not ever be cruising Royal Caribbean again and advising everyone we know not to either. There were several other small things throughout the trip but I'm just mentally exhausted after a week with them.

February 2017 - "Majesty of the Seas," I arrived in my stateroom and the so called mini bar was 2 bottled waters on the desk. The water sat there untouched all week. Last day 6:15 AM my statement shows a credit balance, I left at 9:15 AM with the bottled water still there. I arrived home at midnight to find the my credit had been used and a charge of $10.39 was made for "mini-bar items." I called and the phone staff was like a bunch of robots. They absolutely did not care. Their "process" takes 7 business days to return the stolen money back to you.Through the BBB, I was told that they recommend guest have unwanted mini-bar items removed from their stateroom on the first day of the cruise. REALLY? They did not tell me this BEFORE my cruise. Further, they say they are "transitioning their fleet" to a menu system -- Guest will be asked to select any items they want in their bar.

The on-board employees were wonderful. I will CAUTIOUSLY consider their brand again but only because the employees who finally helped me get my refund were nice. The call center employees are robots and have no empathy. WATCH your WALLET when dealing with RCI. Score for Amenities low because I don't like being charged for things I did not use. I certainly do not appreciate them taking money that was not their and holding on to it for 7 days.

I am not much of a cruiser but my granddaughter wanted one for her honeymoon. So, I conferred with my daughter, who likes cruises, and she recommended booking for 5 nights with stops in Haiti (her favorite stop) and Jamaica. Well they returned home today and never got to Haiti. Apparently someone got sick and the ship had to return to the mainland. The Haiti stop was canceled and the ship proceeded to Jamaica. I explained to Keisha in "customer service" that I was highly disappointed in the cruise and that they need to compensate them with another at their expense.

She basically said that is not their policy and they would offer nothing because it wasn't their fault. I get that somebody got sick, but taking 2 days off of the land portion of a 5-day cruise in not acceptable. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she refused to transfer the call. I finally hung up on her and will take my battle to the social media instead. I gave them an opportunity to make a first-time customer happy and they failed miserably. Do not go with Royal Caribbean. They do not care about their customers.

DO NOT CHOOSE THIS CRUISE!!! HUGE SCAM!!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I traveled with 3 of my friends from Chicago to Florida on this cruise. It was supposed to be a fun 4 night Bahamas getaway (Port Canaveral Roundtrip) departing on 9/5/16 at 4:00 PM and returning on 9/9/2016 7:00 am with the Majesty of the Seas of Royal Caribbean Cruises. However, this has been an ongoing nightmare from the moment they asked me to put down my credit card as part of the check-in process.

After returning from the trip, I received a credit card bill for a charge of $2874.49 which I did NOT sign nor authorize on the ship!!! I contacted my bank immediately and asked them to investigate. The bank/credit card company representative and myself tried calling the customer service number but they were unable to help, and refused to provide proof of purchase (which means they must not have any proof of signature)! It has been now been six months and this still has not been resolved!!!

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Was booking a stateroom on Royal Caribbean Cruise line on Sunday and mid booking (step 2 of 5) price increased!! After phone call, they admitted a "computer glitch" on their end and 1 hour 18 min on phone with Royal Caribbean Cruise line they still refused to honor the original price that I was in the middle of booking! Sarah, a resolution specialist offered to "meet me half way" ($90 of the $180 increase in price). I accepted the $90 off the original booking and said that I would be willing to take the balance in onboard credits. Sarah said that half way was all she could do, when I insisted on speaking to her supervisor she stated that I would receive a call within 24-48 hours, 3 days later NO CALL!

I called tonight to book another stateroom for family members and inquired as to why I had not heard from anyone, only to be told by Josh, another resolution specialist that they would not honor the balance of $90 in onboard credits! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - THE ERROR WAS ON THEIR END. THEY SHOULD HONOR THE LOWER PRICE IN FULL!!!

Liz (supervisor) at Royal Caribbean is such a rude human being. She has no sense of what is ethical or right in this world. She refused to give me her last name or supervisor's name. Because of Liz I will never cruise Royal Caribbean (I am platinum on Princess). Please do yourself a favor and NEVER cruise Royal Caribbean.

Me and my wife went on 2 different cruises with Royal Caribbean in less than a year. We drank liquor, beer and mixed drinks all morning & all night without getting drunk. My wife drinks special occasions normally 2 or 3 drinks she is past drunk. So it's no way possible that she should have been able to drink all day. I got upset didn't drink 1 morning. We got off the boat & got 2 free drinks at Atlantis Casino. My wife couldn't finish her 2nd drink. We was drunk, tipsy buzzed or whatever you want to call it. We was happy, satisfied finally. Well we get back on the boat, started back drink a lot but the more we drink the more we sobered up. I complained. I told the bartender it was my birthday that I only got on the cruise was to party and get drunk for my bday to make something I could feel. He made me a Hennessy that he got from the back even though it was a more than half bottle of open Hennessy on the shelf.

Finally I was upset that I had paid so much for a drunk package for the 2nd time and wasn't able to get a buzz. We saved up about 4 shots of vodka and drink them back to back and we still wasn't drunk. I wasn't able to get my favorite mojito mixed drank not once on the cruise because they was out of mint. If I knew this I would not have paid all that money for an unlimited drink package or booked the cruise thru them. I was hit with all type of gratuity fees even after I was told I could tip in cash. But I was very upset that you would add gratuity fees knowing that I'm not happy with the drinks or service at the bars on the boat. Then I was told it cost 183 but got charged 297. I went to guest services to complain. Not to mention they broke my wife luggage. Never ever will I book a cruise thru Royal Caribbean again. I recommended them to a lot of folks in the past but after this I'll go cruise with a different cruise line in the future.

I honestly think that the liquor is flavored liquor without alcohol or with a different lower proof than what's on the label. It taste real but it's not real vodka. Bootlegged fake drinks. If it was real you would see a lot of people fighting, puking, walking drunk, not able to drink all day every day of the cruise. People go to clubs 11 pm til 2 am with a small budget and their friends have to carry them out the club so how then same people get on a boat with an unlimited drink budget and can drink morning to night... NOT POSSIBLE. IT'S A SCAM. I WANT A REFUND. The same ** happened to us on Norwegian also. I think they got fake liquor and real liquor. Side by side.

Then every time we tried to go to dinner we had to wait or was told to go to a different restaurant. They had 4 people listed in my cabin but it was only 2 of us. Had my wife scared to sleep think someone was going to come in the room with a different room key. Every night it was a kid movie playing on the tv screen on the Deck. Try to order a drink while a pretty woman walk up beside you (male) the men bartenders will overlook you and serve and flirt with the ladies. Then we stopped drink alcohol. I was sober and bored on my birthday on the boat.

The freestyle soda machine was broke on the last day of the cruise and the bars shut down. So we could not get any soda for hours. I was so pissed that I paid all that money for the unlimited drink package and couldn't even get a soda or a real alcohol drink. So funny when I went to complain I found out it was others upset about the same thing. I been on a lot of cruises this was the worst cruise ever. I'm staying away from Norwegian & Royal Caribbean.

When we first arrived at our stateroom we didn't think much of it!! We laid on the bed and I thought I was laying on CARDBOARD!! The pillows all flat and I mean FLAT!!! As if they had been used for years without being changed. The couch in the room was so gross!! They cleaned it and after it dried it was still just as bad. I went to guest relations to ask if we could change rooms/get a different mattress/pillows.

The lady at the desk was nice but never really looked up from her computer as she typed in our complaint! And not once did she say she was SORRY!! So we go back to the room and finished unpacking, got ready for dinner at 8:30 PM, our meal took 3 1/2 hours, our waitress never smiled and acted like she was inconvenienced!! The food was DISGUSTING!! The Prime Rib tasted like it had been freeze dried. Everything was cold.

The next day I had gotten the suitcase out from under the bed and I found other peoples stuff, dirt and just crap!! Then we realized that a bag was on the couch and didn't belong to us!! The curtains were filthy and the carpet blew up when the balcony door was open. Then we found old food in the refrigerator that didn't even work!! We had decided at this point to just try and have a good time!! We had been with 2 other couples and they also thought the food was horrible and complained about getting our table moved.

Out of 9 days I think we met maybe about 5 or 6 employees in total that went the extra mile and even smiled. Our room attendant was the worst, when we first arrived my Fiance gave him 40.00 on top what we had already prepaid, to make sure we got taken care of. In 9 days we saw him maybe 6 times in total!! I emailed them and completed the survey that they sent and a week later still had not heard from anyone to address these issues. I finally called corporate offices and got ahold of someone in customer relations. I told him all about this, he said he would have to research the facts!! That really got my blood boiling. It was as if he didn't believe me. WOW The next day he called back and told me he could offer me a 10% discount on my next cruise not to exceed more than 154.00 per person. Are they kidding me, after the crap we put up with and the amount of money we spent... REALLY!!!

Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas Cruise January 20, 2017. Royal Caribbean Management/Reservations entered into a unilateral agreement with the Armenian Heritage Group to take over the Columbus Cove region of Labadee, Haiti during our recent cruise. The agreement allowed this group to fly Armenian banners/flags as well as bring speakers onto the island to blast their cultural music. This event resulted in the discontinuation of the normal island music. The musicians who were from Haiti were left to sit idle on a bench. The islanders depend on the tips and income from the CD's they sell while playing their music for our enjoyment. Not this cruise... As we were all made to listen to blaring noise. The anticipated experience while in Haiti was ruined. Armenian Heritage banners were also placed on the luncheon cabana welcoming this group. No welcome banner for the rest of the RC guests...

In addition, Royal Caribbean also allowed this same group to take over the pool on a sea day to play their loud music, hang banners and speak to us all. The rest of us that were relaxing either had to leave the pool area or be subjected, (in my opinion) to this less than pleasant experience. Apparently this group forgot that it was not just "their cruise." The unilateral agreement between Royal Caribbean and this group disrupted our vacation and breached the contractual agreement that we had with RC. This experience is not what RC advertised as the "Caribbean" experience. Rather, we were subjected to the Armenian Heritage experience if we wanted it or not.

I have no bias or issue with this group, they were displaying and enjoying their own cultural event, which without our knowledge was agreed upon and authorized by RC prior to this cruise. Had we been informed of these events and this unilateral agreement between the Armenian Heritage group and Royal Caribbean, we would have cancelled and/or changed our cruise as we did not enjoy the Armenian experience. I take issue with Royal Caribbean for allowing this group to in essence hijack our cruise experience. We were actually told on board by RC guest service representative Aline ** "if we did not like the Armenian music, dancing and public speaking, we could leave the pool". Clearly the mass number of Armenians on this ship was more important than a couple that were trying to enjoy their vacation.

Additional issues on board this ship included a cabin toilet that overflowed for 4 days without repair, as well as very subpar housekeeping. There was beach sand on the chair in our room on day one and it remained on day 9. The response from RC has been unsatisfactory. Royal Caribbean's position is that there is nothing that they are going to do and they are sorry that we did not enjoy our cruise experience. We actually received an email from Aleesha ** RC Customer Service, who had the audacity to attempt to educate me on cultural diversity. Again, this is not about cultures or diversity. When a cruise line decides to allow one group's wants to supersede the promised and advertised experience which affects all present on the same cruise, the cruise experience has now been altered which is not acceptable.

Clearly as a Platinum guest I am not the valued customer that RC professes that I am. Many changes have occurred with this cruise line over the last few years, none of them good. The value of the dollar now outweighs the value of customer service. Our sailing on January 20, 2017 will be our last with this cruise line. Norwegian and Holland America here we come!!!

We have cruised with RC 9 times. With every cruise you get less and less. They seem to go out of their way to squeeze every cent from you wherever possible. There is very little to NO loyalty to frequent cruises. They don't follow up on complaints. They charged us $1300.00 for an eight month old breastfed baby for which we only got a cot with no sheets or blankets.Their deserts are very bad in that they are just all sugar with no flavour or substance. Only staff who work for tips are civil towards you. The cocktails by the pool are pre-made and disgusting. One day the pool ran out of towels.

My first cruise was in 2007 and the menu in the dining room hasn't changed. Breakfast in the dining room... you are no longer offered pastries or orange juice. The shows were not worth going to apart from one which was the resident dancers and singers. You no longer get bath robes. You no longer get lobster in the dining room UNLESS you pay for it. I could go on forever. I will definitely be cruising with a different cruise line in the future. My friend has cruised with Princess and claims the food is amazing. What RC don't understand is it's the little things that make a difference and assuming people won't notice is not good public relations.

This was my second (and last) cruise with RC, both onboard the Independence of the Seas. While the first cruise was mediocre (with the bartenders and ports being the best part), this cruise (and our treatment) was disappointing to say the least. We booked through a Military Appreciation Vacation company and were looking forward to our first trip after our military retirement. With me were my husband, 1 yr old daughter, and senior mother and aunt. My aunt has medical/mobility issues so we requested a wheelchair upon our arrival, at the time of booking. At booking we also requested a king bed and crib. Upon our arrival on embarkation day, no wheelchair was available for my aunt. They took our name down and advised us it would be a 1/2 - 1 hour wait time. They told us to wait in an outside area that was crowded with other passengers waiting for wheelchairs and no room to sit down.

Since there was nowhere for my aunt to sit down we decided to take the chance and go through the line with her walker. Little did we know that the line moves at a snail's pace and security along the way are anything but pleasant. After about an hour in line, we finally got through and boarded the ship. Upon arrival in our room, the king bed was not set up, there was no crib, and the washroom was not cleaned. There was urine on the toilet seat, dirty toilet bowl, dirty floor, and no infant life vest. They did bring up a "child's" life vest shortly thereafter that was far too big for any 1 yr old to wear. We decided to go get a drink to start the day on a better note only to find that the bartenders were rude and ignored most of their customers. The ports were good (Labadee and Falmouth) but we were off the ship then.

On the day of disembarkation, wheelchair assistance was provided for my aunt. We all departed together and made our way down to the baggage claim area. A porter was assigned to us to assist with the baggage. My mother and I went through and collected our bags, gave them to our porter, and watched as he loaded each one onto the cart. Off we then went through customs and to our shuttle area. Once there the porter instructed us to get on the shuttle and he would take care of loading the bags onto the shuttle. We did as he requested and eventually made our way to the vehicle rental company (where the driver off-loaded all the bags). My husband then packed the vehicle and off we went. My aunt had a medical emergency that day and ended up in a Fort Lauderdale hospital. As such, we were forced to stay longer than expected in Fort Lauderdale (although we still planned to stay a couple days after the cruise).

Upon arrival at our hotel my mother noticed one of her bags was missing. Since the porter said he would put all the bags on the shuttle (and we knew we had collected them all), we believed that the rental car company must have it. Off we went and checked with the rental car company. They didn't have it. The only other thought was that someone accidently grabbed it at the rental car company (while the bags were all outside) and they would contact my mother (since RC requires all passengers clearly label their bags with their contact information). After a wk of being there, no call. We returned home to Canada and over 2 WEEKS after we disembarked, RC called my mother, said they found her bag (which the porter clearly did not put on the shuttle) and that she would have to pay them to have it shipped back to her. Completely unacceptable.

She did not lose the bag... Royal Caribbean did. Regardless, Royal Caribbean tried to get MORE MONEY (despite the thousands of dollars we already gave to them) from a senior who did nothing wrong. Shame on RC for their treatment of their customers. If it wasn't for customers, they wouldn't be in business. Then they had the audacity to get offended when I swore at them for asking me for a credit card to pay for the return of my mother's bag. The hypocrisy of them being offended by someone swearing at them when their own actions were offensive and disrespectful to paying customers, would be laughable if it weren't so darn sad.

I was very dissatisfied with the customer I received after my vacation. Long story short I put my credit card on file when on the ship. After my cruise not only did they charge my on-board expenses but they put an Additional $785 Hold on my card ($1500 hold roughly). I called Royal Caribbean customer service got hung up on 2x, and was told I was couldn't file a complaint, because it wasn't a "complaint" and that I had to wait 7-10 business days to release the hold. I finally got someone on the line to release my funds. Bottom Line only use Cash Credit on-board. NEVER AGAIN.

We have cruised several time before but this was the first time with Royal Caribbean. We were very happy with most features of the ship and found the food and accommodation excellent. The only problem we had was with the extremely poor exchange rate offered. We prefer to pay by cash and boarded the ship with Australian dollars. Unfortunately as they use US dollars you have to get it converted at the service desk.

I was extremely disappointed that we were not advised by RC that we would lose a significant amount of money due to their exchange policy. To cut a long story short if I was to exchange AU$900 to US$ at the service desk and not spend any money during the cruise, when I converted back I would be refunded only AU$700. That's $200 for the privilege of RC holding my money! To put it perspective for US travelers, if you withdraw US$300 to spend in an Australian port and get the RC ship to convert it to AU$ you would get about $350 instead of around AU$400.

The Royal Caribbean lost my luggage with a value of 7,500-10,000, and although I submitted all required documentation, they offer me a refund of 300. Nice service after you stayed at the most exclusive Royal suite. I guess the Royal service ends when you leave the boat.

Liberty of the Seas Jan 2017. The room was adequate, but not on GS level that we have come to expect from Royal Caribbean. We had a Grand Suite Guarantee and ended up with a Family Suite. The room around the beds was too small to accommodate our breathing equipment adequately in the first room (nor was there any view from the first room). This small room had a small standard shower, sink, & commode. It had two Pullman style beds to accommodate youngsters or a young family, but no closet in that room. The closet was in the main hallway. The Master bedroom was very narrow at the bottom of the bed not allowing a second person to help the first person to the restroom. There was adequate space for equipment in this room utilizing the refrigerator table, end tables, and vanity. The room had a single closet and an Oceanview window.

The Master bathroom was quite small, even smaller than a Junior Suite or perhaps almost that size. Not the facilities we are used to in a Grand Suite level, and not for when one person often has to assist the second person. Therefore, instead of enjoying leisurely baths, a shower in the small room was often required instead. We missed the lovely space of the Grand Suite and the lovely Bathroom. The balcony was very nice with two chaise lounges and a table with four chairs. The chairs were adequate, but have suffered much wear and tear. Most likely a combination of rough usage and being outdoors at all times.

The balcony afforded no privacy. Guests from upper floors could see into the balcony area easily, as well as those walking on the lower decks or from the floors below. The Living room area could make into another bed, but again, no place for breathing equipment or walking space if used as a bedroom for us. Although it would be nice for a young family. The Stateroom attendant was a darling and accomplished her daily tasks quickly and with a friendly demeanor.

I have been on 6 different cruise lines. The first week of Dec 2016, we set sail with Royal Caribbean. We had 17 family members with us. I have NEVER been so disappointed on any other cruise line. I'm a very easy to please person, but the following actually occurred, and I sincerely want others to know so they can select their vacations carefully.

We had contacted the cruise line 5 times to clarify that we had 2 family members with celiacs who could NOT eat gluten. Outside of the formal dining room, there was very little these family members could safely eat. Entertainment was not delivered as scheduled. Of all the nights, the substitute entertainment was the best. Dinner our first night took over 2.5 hours as orders were mixed up, long pauses between appetizers, main course, and dessert. NOTHING to eat after 9:30 PM. Are you kidding me? Pools closed at 9:30 PM? My kids and grandkids were so disappointed. NOBODY could explain the bill that was slid under our door regarding gratuities. My son has a master's degree and tried with over 5 people to get to the bottom of the hardcopy bill.

I completed the evaluation and requested for 4 weeks that someone contact me. I have never heard a word from them. I didn't want anything except to explain the need for them to let those with special diets know when booking that selections would be very, very limited. Plus, one of our family members got very ill even in the formal dining room. Her meal was either NOT gluten free or cross contaminated. We scheduled another cruise about 2 weeks after getting back from our Royal disaster. I cannot believe the difference from booking to the entire experience. If you're from Royal and reading this, please call or email me back. We will never book with you again!

Royal Caribbean has clean and beautiful ships. It provides plenty of activities to do on and off the ship. The food and lodging is very nice. They make you feel like a king with great service, friendly staff and fun entertainment. The dining experience really makes you feel well catered to and you are always treated with great respect and they do their best to make you happy. It's a bit pricier than others but you get what you pay for.

It was an amazing experience with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. They had great service and always had fun stuff to do. They had everything we needed. From the time we left to the time we returned we had a wonderful time. I would recommend it to anyone and be sure to do all the events on the ship.

Let me preface this with saying we never complain! This was our 5th cruise with RCI and never had an issue or spoke with customer service until sailing Harmony. I travel with a child with allergies and always do my due diligence when booking by putting his allergies on the reservation and emailing RCI and this time even called to ensure that such a large ship can accommodate his allergies as we had only sailed on their smaller ships and was assured they would. Spent two hours after boarding speaking to head waiter and setting up meals in MDR and they confirmed like on our previous sailings we would order room service and go to windjammer and speak to head chef and have food made for him as MDR isn't always open.

We called room service to order FRIES. Yes just fries and was told they were too busy and for him to eat fruit which he hates. Went to windjammer, waited 30 min to speak to head Chef to order burger and fries and was again told they were too busy!! This went on for days! My son literally only could eat the small dinner in MDR and breakfast as they are closed most days for lunch! So while everyone is eating non stop he was left there to just watch!

Finally on day 5 while we were in Puerto Rico we spent the day looking for somewhere to buy some snacks for the remainder of the trip instead of going snorkeling like we planned! He stayed in the room the entire trip to prevent being treated so poorly by the staff because he had allergies! Besides this when we boarded we found out the itinerary had changed and the reservations and excursions we carefully planned all had to be rebooked and changed! Spent the entire first night in line trying to get everything rebooked!

For excursions they barely had anything available because it was so last minute! They had no snorkeling available which was the only thing my son wanted to do. This was his yearly birthday cruise! Had reservations for rubicon on our sea day and that was now a port day and the only time they had now was late night and we had to miss our show! Bar staff was extremely slow and rude, be prepared to wait 30 min for a drink and me and hubby always book one dinner for just the two of us because we eat all meals in MDR with son and don't like to eat in front of him.

We booked months before for 5th night at 9:30pm. At 9pm received a call in the room saying they decided to close early and we can either come now or not at all! I had just gotten out of the shower and hubby just went for a drink which always takes like 30min so no way we could have made it! Why let me make reservations and then decide to close early!! It was the one thing we were most excited to do and they cancelled on us and we couldn't rebook because they were already booked the next two nights of our cruise!!

Complete nightmare from start to finish, called RCI and after they first treated me like a liar they finally confirmed everything that I had said was true and offered to reimburse me for the money I spent in PR on food only after I send my receipt (good thing I save them) and said that shouldn't have happened and it will be a learning experience for them!

So glad my $5000+ I spent on that cruise was a learning experience for you!! Glad to know I spent that much money to sit in a room with a starving child that you assured me you could take care of!! If we had asked for anything crazy I would understand but literally just asked for fries everyday and was told everyday too busy and the fries are cooked in the grease with chicken so he couldn't have them as he is allergic to chicken! If you are too busy to change the grease then why can't you cook them in the oven??? And if you state that you have a separate allergy free kitchen you are telling me you don't have not one fryer to cook just fries that you don't cook chicken with??

Sailed on the Ovation of the Seas for Christmas 2016. This was their Holiday Cruise out of Sydney Dec 15. This cruise was not worth the extra cost. Totally disorganized from the start. Just trying to find people that had constructive information and able to direct you to the proper area was next to impossible. Once on the ship rooms were not available for the first hour. That was no problem as we needed to eat. That where it all went downhill throughout the whole trip. The food was average at best, the kitchen staff had a problem cooking meat, some came out as shoe leather. Restaurant service was slow and food came out warm to cold. Got the feeling if you wanted good food you were being forced to go to the specialty restaurants. Ordered a beer seldom asked if I would like a glass.

The complete ship was understaffed although most staff were very helpful. Only six on the service desk at any time for over four thousand people. Try to call for any service and the first language is Chinese right away. You get the feeling this ship is geared to the Asian market. I found a lady's ring and returned it to the service desk. Not a "thank you", never asked my name, room number or where it was found. How could the owner every thank someone. Had the same comment from two ladies who found a camera.

The ship was sparsely decorated for Christmas. Nothing in the restaurants just the main area of the ship. The tree was up and a few plants. Nothing started until Christmas Eve and by the 26th it was over. Remember this was promoted as a Holiday Cruise. Very disappointed. Have had much better Holiday Cruises with Princess. The impression given that there is unlimited Bumper Cars and other events however there is only one area for all these events so times are limited and waiting can be long. Unfortunately due the inclement weather we were unable to visit some ports in New Zealand. This put a damper on the trip. However the Captain made the correct decision. Safety first.

This ship is cheaply made as far a decor goes and won't take long to show its wear already chips out of the plastic wood in our cabin. It's not a year old. Cabins were poorly soundproofed but comfortable. No shampoo that's the next level. Every year there are less conveniences on RCI. Are they going the same way as the airlines extra cost for everything. I am one cruise away from the next level however the incentive to get there is not worth it. We are looking at other cruise lines that are all inclusive when you add everything up and take in the service you receive you are better off.

The food was substandard-like a buffet, but the cruise was very clean, orderly and the staff was friendly. It was wonderful, relaxing and fun. They have good choices for the itinerary. The biggest problem was it took us way too long to board the ship and for some senior citizens it was painful.

Royal Caribbean Next Cruise staff gave us a false advertisement flier while onboard Enchantment of the Seas for booking another cruise, and then would not honor their own terms and conditions. It stated, "30% off every guest, 50% reduced deposit, up to $150 instant savings, + up to $500 in onboard credit, + limited time offer kids sail free." When we attempted to book on 1/7/17 with the Next Cruise rep, Catalina **, she told us the kids sail free portion of the offer was not available in her system. She allegedly emailed her mgmt to inquire and was told the offer expired on 1/4 even though the flier stated it was available 1/5-1/31/17.

She told us "kids sail free" was supposed to have been removed from the flier. She then printed out new terms and conditions for that portion of the flier, showing it expired on 1/4. We insisted Royal Caribbean honor their error because they advertised it. We were told they would not and Catalina refused to give us the name of her manager. I contacted Royal Caribbean guest relations and despite us scanning our copy of the flier to them, they refused to acknowledge the flier or their error and just stated the offer expired.

Compare Cruise Lines