Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On December 29 RCl Anthem of the Seas acknowledged my daughter-in-law's $100 gift certificate on board for my January 2 cruise on Anthem of the Seas. On four separate occasions I went to guest services to secure the credit. Credit was denied on the basis that it had to be activated December 24 10 days before the cruise. When I pointed out that the gift certificate was purchased on December 29 they would not accept The fact that they accepted the $100 even though it was after the deadline for use! Absolute fraudulent behavior.

I am reviewing my last cruise with Royal Caribbean aboard the Enchantment of the Seas on October 28, 2016. We had a decent size party celebrating the 50th birthday of a family member. Unfortunately, there were multiple issues with this cruise. First, there were other large parties on board and they had reserved several spaces on board the ship on a couple nights. Because of this, we were told that unless we're with that party we could not utilize these spaces. This information should have been presented to us so that we could make an informed decision about cruising or they should have reduced my cost since they reduced the amount of the ship I could use. Secondly, the waters were rocky (not their fault) so we had to skip a port. I suppose that due to the missed stop, the kitchen staff was overwhelmed. The majority of the time that we attempted to get room service we could not get anyone to answer the phone.

However, when we went to my aunt and uncle’s suite the phone was answered immediately. I totally understand paying special attention to your higher paying clients but I do not understand ignoring anyone else. When we got home I reached out to the Crown and Anchor group for assistance but got nothing. In fact they offered to put $50 on my account towards my next cruise which I promptly refused. At this point my next cruise may never happen as I've already began to research other lines. All in all this experience has soured our opinion of RC, our guests that had never cruised before are refusing to cruise again, and in return we were offered $50. Just keep that in mind when you consider this cruise line! I booked through Costco and plan to advise them of the poor experience as well. Maybe pressure from a booking agency will get their attention.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines third party telemarketers have been harassing us with no less than 2 calls a day. We tried to have our number removed and they have another office call. I call their corporate office and was told sorry. It's sad that they're so desperate for business that they have resorted to flat out harassment. When my wife and I decide to take a cruise they will be our last choice.

Nothing really major, but a lot of little things that really made the whole dining experience very displeasing. This was our 3rd RC Cruise (Freedom of the seas, December 24th Christmas cruise) and I must say we were very disappointed with our 5:30pm dining experience In the Isaac Room. On day 2, I requested a garden salad and was told that only the Caesar salad was on the menu tonight. I thought our waiter was joking and told her "I'm sure you could find some vegetables in the back and mix them in with some romaine lettuce." She again told me No and that it wasn't on the menu. In disbelief and not to make a scene I settled for a Caesar salad. Really?

Next day I didn't care for any of the desserts on the menu and had a craving for a slice of plain cheesecake and if possible some strawberries on it. Again I was told that there was no cheesecake on the menu. I questioned if she could find a slice in the back and she smiled and said no. The next day I made the same cheesecake request and was told that the cheesecake on there was a plain with lemon on it. I told our waiter that I didn't care for lemon and again I said "I'm sure you can find a plain slice of cheesecake." She told me "no" and again that it wasn't on the menu!

This "not on the menu stuff" went on for 4 more days so I had to settle for what was only on the menu and could not deviate. Even when I wanted extras it was done with reluctance. We were served cold food on three occasions and 2 times we were brought servings we didn't order and had to wait for the correct order to come out and then it was cold. Night 2, I asked if I could start my dinner with a cup of coffee as soon as I sat down. You would think by day 3-5 I wouldn't have to ask for a coffee every time? But I did.

Breakfast down in the dining area was not any better. Between the rock hard dry toast and the uncooked hash browns and sitting for 20 minutes before our order for two was taken, it was all quite terrible. After waiting 20 minutes and watching 2 other tables who sat down after my wife and I did, we watched them finish their meals before our orders were taken. Then this waiter took our orders after taking the table next to us who had 8 at their table. He put in our order with theirs and we had to wait another 20 minutes for our food to arrive with the other table who sat down after us. He handed out all the other 8 dishes then came and gave us ours. You think asking for ketchup would not be a big deal but that took another 5 minutes.

Were not offered any pastries while others were being served. I had to get up and ask a waiter if he could bring my wife a blueberry muffin and if I could get a cup of coffee. It was like we were invisible! The whole time the dining room was not busy. Maybe only 6-7 tables around including ours. Never have I been treated too poorly on a RC Cruise before. I booked another thanksgiving cruise (ID **) as soon as we got on board the first day (before we ate) and now really regret it. If I would have waited to book at the end of this last cruise, I can assure you that I would not have done another Royal Caribbean Cruise. So much for being a Crown & Anchor member. Didn't get us anything. I don't know what can be done now since this is all after the fact but I am sorry to say I am thinking hard about looking for another cruise line. Not very happy.

I have been on many cruises on various cruise lines including Royal Caribbean and my last experience was a horror story! The food was served cold, and had to be sent back several times which is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination! The food was mostly tasteless and was not served in an attractive manner! As far as the Customer Service Desk is concerned, the staff was by far not "customer friendly"!

I asked, on the four day cruise three days in a row concerning my onboard credit (I'm Platinum on Royal Caribbean cruise line) which should have amounted to $75.00. Each time I approached the staff concerning this matter all I received was a "song and dance" routine with one excuse after another as to the reason I did NOT receive my onboard ship credit! I will never again book a Royal Caribbean cruise again or on any other "sister ships" with any reference to Royal Caribbean! I would also submit that the entertainment provided nightly was way below poor!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

We recently returned from a 24 nt Royal Caribbean cruise from Seattle to Sydney. The ship, service, and cruise were 5/5 but as we found out, their pricing policy was a rip off. We booked early in April/2016 for the Oct. 8/2016 cruise to allow for additional travel bookings. Once on board, we found out RC had dumped 1500 tickets at 60-70% below what we paid. After numerous attempts to contact RC, all we were told was that as we booked through Priceline (Cruise.com), there was nothing RC could or would do about it. We were told by RC in Apr. that once the final payment was made there would be no further price reductions. Every time I noticed a price drop, I call Priceline, who had to contact RC, and I was allowed 2 very small reductions, but nothing like the ones sold in Australia. I'm pissed at being ripped off by so much $.

We usually cruise with another cruise line - Royal Caribbean has always been portrayed as being better, so we (25 in total) were all really excited. Couple of first-time cruisers with us too, really had their hopes up. Unfortunately, we were very quickly disappointed. The ship was dirty, trash and stacks of dishes lying around while staff members wandered around aimlessly with empty hands and empty trays. Witnessed more than one walk by a mess, clearly look at it and just keep walking.

They were also rude. The servers, bartenders, guest services associates, stewards, you name it. We had issues every single day, with more than one. At one point the steward let himself in our room and informed us it was time for cleaning. I get that it's inconvenient, but we didn't pay to be on a cruise so we can be thrown out of our room. The guest services associate accused me of lying about the internet not working.

The maintenance of the ship was ridiculous. I get that stuff needs done, sometimes it is unexpected and can't be left. But every single day there was something. Stacks of lounge chairs piled up in front of the elevators for hours, hallways blocked for whatever reason, and at one point we went up to the sports deck while the wave rider was open (which was not all day) to find that the hallway had just been painted. We only knew because the paint roller and tray had been left out. No tape, no employee, no signs.

The movie theatre handicap section was a joke. An afterthought. Loose chairs and empty spaces located behind the last row of seats. Directly behind that was a curtain, and on the other side of that was an employee who handed out the 3d glasses. They kept rudely opening the curtain during the movie so they could watch, flooding the area we had to sit with light. They also talked super loud with other employees.

The food was disgusting. No way the food was made from scratch like they claim. There was an issue with every meal. Orders were made wrong, server rushed us through everything, had an attitude. They frequently closed the buffet as well, even when the sign said specifically they were open. The people who stood in the hallway leading to the buffet were annoying and pushy about hand sanitizer. Downright nasty to anyone who didn't want to use it. We used it, but look up why lots of places are not using it. It's not helping anything at all!

We all got incredibly sick too. While we were leaving the boat my sickness was just beginning. I could barely carry my luggage I was so weak. I felt that I was getting sick - I turned and told the lady I was going to be sick, I needed to get to the bathroom but she blocked me and told me to go all the way to the other end of the ship. I couldn't make it, threw up on the deck. Not one employee asked if I was okay, if I needed anything, made no attempt to clean it up even. I would've even helped had they brought anything out. But really wouldn't have been an issue had the woman just let me go to the bathroom.

The laundry service is a joke. 35 dollars a bag the size of maybe two shoeboxes. My sister's clothes were ruined, spotted yellow and smelling of mildew. The bartenders made terrible drinks. Who makes mixed drinks with smoothie mix and just dumps the alcohol on top? Royal Carribean. That's who. There was no consistency among the bars either- drinks were different every single time, and not in a good way. I could go on, but let's just sum it up here - Royal Carribean is a complete joke. We will never cruise with them again. I thoroughly regret having to go through that sham once.

Enjoyed each day & night! Everything was so planned & organized... staff friendly! I've saved twice a year for cruises and they were worth it. Truly excellent, I will return with my little group. Everything... food, entertainment, relaxation periods all inclusive -- LOVE IT! First minutes on my 1st Cruise was like a dream come true. All I had to do was relax and show up and have fun... my luck was GOOD too! My boyfriend and military associates look forward to our up and coming cruise (weather prevails) our next will be great.

Great service, many activities, friendly staff, rooms and facilities are clean, and it's the best cruise lines! Many things to do and the service staff are courteous, FUN, and make the whole experience a delight! Excellent: Great choices, not too rushed at each land port, and ease of disembarking and returning to the ship. Wonderful! Cruising with Royal is the BEST way to vacation!

My daughter is in a wheelchair and there is such ease to get her around along with the rest of my family. The staff is kind and willing to offer special treatment at dinner: They mashed up her food accordingly and place a little spring of parsley to decorate it; the dinner captain came by and greeted her each night, and our personal guy accommodated her needs. The kid's program offered her ship dollars to get a t-shirt because she was unable to do all the crafts, and the staff offered her front seat area at the performances. We save our money to cruise whenever we can, which is maybe every 8 years or so. Wish we could do it more often!

Something for everybody, covering every moment of your days at sea. It was amazing, one of my best vacations for quality. I thought the price paid was fair. Top-notch entertainment each night and periodically during the day as well. Very all-inclusive. After trying several cruise lines, I found this to be several levels in quality above my favorites. The food, service, entertainment, rooms -- all amazing. They had everything from parades down a "main street," to quiet cafes on main street that enabled you to have a specialty coffee and pastry at any hour of the day. I would not hesitate to recommend this cruise line.

Awesome Relaxing time we had. Good 5 star attendance. Quality for money. Would like more time alone with less activities. A lot to do but nice. I Loved IT!!! Relaxing. Lots to Do. Unwinding, comfortable, luxurious. Overall it was an experience for all seasons, people cultures and sensational thing to do.

The ship was beautiful, clean and had plenty of great activities as well as friendly service from all staff. Everything was solid quality, from rooms to food to activities. There can always be more bang for the buck but overall it was very good. Tons of great options, no issues there. Good variety of inclusions. Everything overall was great. I would love to get more deals in the future with regards to pricing but I had a great experience in all aspects of the trip.

First I went on an all inclusive trip to Jamaica, and there were NO hidden fees. So I wanted to try a cruise next. I just graduated with my Master's degree in education. Now I am working on my Ph.D. in Education Tech & Design. I thought I did my research and I thought I asked the right questions. When I called to make a reservation, I asked, "Is this an all inclusive trip?" The answer was yes. If I had questions as I was signing my bank account away, the reservationist would say, "We can discuss that after we take your payment." I live on an extremely tight budget. So I confirmed the price of the trip was 204 dollars for each person, answer-yes! These hidden costs should be against the law.

I have spent more time trying to figure out what to and what I need for the trip. You have to purchase your water (Really). To go onto their private island you have to rent a chair to sit on the beach (what?). You have to buy plane tickets (that was fun) and pay for your transportation to the ship and back (not inclusive). If you want a real inclusive trip to go to an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica or anywhere else. One fee, no worries, no hidden astronomical fees. I will never cruise again, and I haven't gone yet! I am so disappointed in Royal Caribbean and myself for falling for predatory company practices. Well Dec 12, I will let you know if it was worth the crippling financial responsibility and horrid travel arrangements. I expect better businesses practices in this day and age.

A crucial one that will change your destination that ruins your trip. Bad food and service. Spent over 10k and had a terrible time! Changed ports with not many options of excursions. Too many on the cruise to accommodate therefore inclusions were limited. Paid for a eastern Caribbean BVI cruise received Nassau, Puerto Rico, Haiti because it was rerouted because of a medical reason and little storms. Spent a entire day in line to change excursions. Food was terrible and there wasn't any comps. Treatment was like cows in a line... Will never cruise again!

Hello. I just returned from a 4 night Thanksgiving cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. For the first time ever, I could not wait until the cruise was over. My family and I are avid cruisers and have taken about 13 in the past 10 years. This was my second cruise with Royal Caribbean and we were hesitant to book with them again after our first experience was not great. But they are supposed to be "the best", right?? I wanted this cruise to be special since it was not only Thanksgiving, but my daughter's birthday.

My family and I feel cheated and scammed. We paid for a cruise, and received poor to little amenities the cruise includes. Let's just start off with broken toilets. Everywhere. The food was horrible and inedible. They use such poor quality ingredients, that it really shouldn't even be allowed. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, it was all the same horrible food. So, we decided to only dine in specialty restaurants that you have to pay for. However, once again my hard earned money was wasted just to get better food. Izumi was good and our only decent meal, but Giovanni's was disgusting and poor service. The staff were either understaffed and overworked or just incompetent. They did try their best, but failed miserably.

For my daughter's birthday, they did not even sing "Happy Birthday" when serving our dessert. But after we ate the tasteless dessert and paid for the bill, they came over and sang. Customer service will only offer you a discount on your next cruise. You will find yourself standing in the 30 minute customer service line every time you need to bring up another problem to them. They do nothing to keep the ship clean and safe too. There are always dishes, cups, and trash everywhere. All over decks, seats, tables. They do not practice "washy washy" at any of the restaurants like other cruise ships. This is probably why both my daughters are so ill right now, staying home from school, and myself from work to care for their fevers. MORE of my hard earned money down the drain for this horrible cruise line.

Royal Caribbean was supposed to provide me, a paying guest, with decent food, decent service, and a working toilet bowl. They couldn't even do that and I want my money back for their failure to do so. I don't want an insulting discount off another one of their cruises, because apparently thousands of other customers are complaining about their other ships. Why would a discounted cruise be any better??? Shame on you Royal Caribbean! You should not be allowed to charge luxury cruise prices for your poor cruise line. I will continue to cruise in the future with my family, just not on any of your ships OR your sister ships. You have lost this cruiser's business.

I had a wonderful time on and off the ship and the staff was all tremendous! Excellent. The cruise was worth the cost although on the expensive side. I enjoyed it very much. There were some ports I would have wanted to spend more time in but there is always safety issues. I wish there was a way to include certain alcohol to a dollar limit per cruise. Go! You will have a great time! Something you will remember forever. I tell everyone that. The staff is awesome. I didn't come in contact with a member that was not friendly and accommodating.

Superb Customer Service. Excellent except for boarding and debarking. Could be a little less expensive. Lots to do. Although, spent most of the time in the casino. First Cruise... uncomfortable. The waiting to board felt like a bunch of ants waiting for the ant hill to be finished. Not a good start at all. Must be a better way to board patrons so everyone feels this cruise is truly a special event. The off-board was also an issue, but that could not be helped for one of the ramps was inoperable, so again... understood, but a rotten way to complete to cruise. Again... not the fault of the cruise line.

On serenade of the seas with Royal Caribbean we took a few excursions in different islands. The one we strongly recommend you do not go on is the mount gay and scenic excursion for $59 in Barbados. The scenic part was driving round low income areas then back to mount gay experience and tasting not the distillery that we were led to believe. If you want to do the mount gay get a taxi. It's a short hop from cruise ship.

Friendly, fun, left a great impression on me. Would return. Felt it offered what I was after in a cruise and top service. It provided what I wanted only negative was conversion from A$ to US$. It gave me options on how I could spend my time offshore. My cruise was up the East Coast of Australia. I found the staff friendly & helpful no matter where I was on board. There were sufficient on-board activities to keep me amused as well as having a separate adult swimming area, (bliss) options of where to eat. I took a dining package which was extraordinary good value, shows were fun & inclusive of the guests. I felt that this cruise lived up to my expectations and then some only drawback was the cost of wines drinks which added to the overall spend on the cruise.

I went on Enchantment of the Seas with 66 other people for a halloween cruise. This is our third year going on this boat and the second time in two years. I did not go in 2015. I will never sail with Royal Caribbean again. Where do I start! First the food in the main dining room was always cold and never hot. No matter if the food and services beverage manager made sure that the food was hot it wasnt. I sent escargot back two times in one night. The plate was always hot but the food wasn't. The cappuccino was not hot and was given to the wrong person.

Our waiter was wonderful and my steward was wonderful but they were not willing to put kleenex into the kleenex holder in the bathroom. I met with food and beverage director and hotel director but it did little good because the food in the main dining room was still cold and I was embarrassed to complain to the food and beverage person in front of my friends because I knew my friends would give me a hard time and we had already been waiting a long time for our food and wanted to go to the show.

I went to the Park Cafe and they had someone doing a nacho bar and he didnt speak good English to understand the customers and the queso was cold and gross and I just went back to my room and went to sleep. Went back to the Park Cafe the last night of our cruise and asked for pizza. A chinese girl was serving pizza which was burnt, the last two slices and I asked her supervisor how could they serve burnt pizza. It was BLACK and he insisted that it wasnt black. Then he came out with fresh pizza. One side was black and the other didnt look like it was cooked well enough and there was no sauce. I could have gotten a better frozen pizza from Publix than what they were serving.

The junior suite I had the floor of the balcony was dirty and the door handle and the outside had rust places which my friends noticed and in the ceiling of the shower there were rust places. They only corrected them because I put the pictures on facebook. The cruise director Elvis is horrible and the staff does not have very much activities scheduled and cannot provide stuff for passengers at the last moment. The farewell show is the same show I saw two years ago and is horrible.

This cruise gets worse. Had I not been with my friends I would have left the boat and gone home in Key West. I signed up for Snuba in Key West and it was cancelled because I was the only one to sign up and I went to the excursions desk and asked if they could contact their vendor for the snuba to see if they would make the arrangements and they refused. The night of the world series they televised the final game of the Cubs game and they televised it in the casino bar on small tvs with no sound. The casino bar area was so packed that the wait staff could not get through and people were standing. It would have made more sense to televise it in bar lounge where people could sit casually. When I said something a casino worker told me if I didnt like it I could put in the survey.

I called Royal Caribbean Corporate Relations and spoke to Michael **. This person should not be in this position. He treated me like a criminal and that I was on trial and he was accusing me of lying which I wasnt and he was very arrogant and not sympathetic to my concerns and when I told him of the shore excursions issue he asked arrogantly why did not I call the vendor. I was at sea on vacation ok and when I asked for his supervisor he told he was it and then I called back and he gave me his bosses name Carl ** and I asked for Mr. **'s number. He refused and I asked him to give his boss a message to call me and he plainly and arrogantly stated that calling me about my concerns was not a priority of his bosses. And I have yet to hear from Mr. **'s boss.

Wonderful staff, good security, excellent food, clean accommodations, and ship did not run aground. Great. Had to change ports due to terrorists, but was for our safety. On time. Plenty of information on shore excursions. Pointed out and cruised near special sites. Great night shows. Plenty to do on days at sea. Spotty Internet and phone service. Clean ship.

Relaxing, exhilarating with great food and entertainment!!! This cruise was a little piece of heaven on a big boat. Great. Affordable - I feel I got what I paid for, if not more than what I paid for. There was so many entertainment events to attend, that I had to miss some that were starting at the same time or were overlapping. There was a great selection of events. Like I said previously I was dancing every night and could barely make it to breakfast buffet (s-m-i-l-e). I was given a free cabin upgrade. I enjoyed the wonderful food, especially the captains dinner event, and The entertainment. I was dancing all night every night until the D.J shut down. I loved the 24 hour healthy and not so healthy food selections. I wish I could live on the cruise ship, and never have to go home, unfortunately I am not that well off (smile). The programs and entertainment for all ages, kids, teens, adults and senior was great.

I have cruised with RC three times this year (2016) but never again. Although the ships are excellent and in general I enjoyed the experience I was astonished at how little RC care about customer satisfaction. On my second cruise they lost my two bags, one of which contained expensive hiking gear for a trip to Machu Picchu. Although they admit liability they refuse to pay adequate compensation, claiming a $500 dollar on board credit for a later cruise was compensation for the lost bags.

In fact, $500 on board credit cannot be spent replacing lost items unless those items are available for sale on the ship and that does not include hiking equipment or clothes. In any event, on-board credit is routinely used as an attraction to book, which was the case with me. It was never stated it was compensation for lost baggage. I understand they lost the luggage for 21 people that day and the port authorities told me it was a regular occurrence with RC. So beware if you book a cruise with this company....

I just returned from a cruise to Jamaica on the Independence of the Sea November 14-19. I paid over $70 for internet service from Royal Caribbean which I couldn't get to work onboard and to come home only to receive a bill from Verizon for $127 in cellular charges that Royal Caribbean had reported to them. Royal Caribbean's customer service onboard at the service desk and on the telephone is pitiful. When I had trouble connecting to the internet onboard I called guest services and was told that I would get a reduced price but that never came to fruition. And when I went to discuss my bill prior to departing I was told that the customer service rep at the desk could not assist with my bill or give me the discounted rate; then to top it off I get the additional bill when I arrive home.

When I called Royal Caribbean and asked the customer service rep for a manager I was told that it would take 3 business days to speak with a manager. You have got to be kidding me! We paid over 4000 for the cruise, that is before the specialty restaurant charges, bar tab, tips and internet fees. The amount that you pay is completely ridiculous considering that you get miserable service, irritable staff that don't want to be bothered, and recycled food that causes diarrhea. Royal Caribbean sucks and I would not recommend this cruise line to anyone.

You are treated like royalty, hence the name. The service & experience is unsurpassed. Everything from the state rooms, food, service & itineraries are worth far more than the price. Great selection of itineraries from all over the world. My favorite is the Western Caribbean or any itinerary including Key West. The food is five star and they give you as much as you want. The rooms are small but have just enough space. The entertainment on board is always fun.

You can't beat the value you get for the price. The ports of call are all amazing and the views in between are breathtaking. They have so much food that if you can't decide between plates they'll offer to bring both! Or if you want seconds they're happy to bring more as long as all other guests have been served. The balcony or suites are the best accommodations. Be sure to bring extra cash to tip at the end of the cruise, the top notch service is worth every penny!

You can't beat the value you get for the price. The ports of call are all amazing and fhe views in between are breathtaking. They have so much food that if you can't decide between plates they'll offer to bring both! Or if you want seconds they're happy to bring more as long as all other guests have been served. The balcony or suites are the best accommodations. Be sure to bring extra cash to tip at the end of the cruise, the top notch service is worth every penny!

My name is Tammy ** and I'm writing to inform you of my cruising experience. My husband Dan booked this cruise for our 25th anniversary and it being our first cruise. He spent a lot of money for this cruise. The ship departed out of Boston and was a 12 cruise to US Virgin Islands and Aruba. While on the cruise, the mattress that was in my stateroom had four holes in it with the coils exposed and when I got out of bed it cut both my legs. I had to go to the ship nurse that cleaned my cuts. My blood pressure was high due to this so the nurse wanted me to see the doctor the next morning which I did. I also got a tetanus shot. I don't know if someone else cut themselves on those coils. Also someone puked in the pool and had to be drained then the next day someone ** in the pool. Again it was shut down. They closed the pool at 7 pm every night so you couldn't night swim.

The staff was very friendly but I'd have to say for the money my husband spent we should have had a better experience. Royal Caribbean offered me 25% off my next cruise but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd cruise with you. Oh did I forget to mention that two people died while on my cruise too. Kind of upsetting to hear that after getting to know that person. I understand that's out of your control but just wanted you to know what my experience was like. My calf that was cut the worst is still healing after two weeks. It's going to leave a scar. I do have pics of my legs, mattress, bloody sheet. I'll try to send them. I would absolutely like someone to contact me so I can explain in detail. ** or **. My cruise was from 10/30-11/11. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Took the cruise that left Boston on 11-30-2016, cruised the Caribbean and ended at Fort Lauderdale. I've taken 12 cruises in the past I believe. I've taken at least one on Royal Caribbean in the past. I was cruised out but this one is a cruise that will probably end cruising for the future. First, the food was absolutely terrible. Maybe 3 dinners on the Dining room were good, but none great. The food in the specialty restaurants was good and I got the impression that the poor quality and selection of the food was to force you into the specialty restaurants. Never again will I cruise in Royal Caribbean and probably never cruise again after this experience. There were a lot of old people on the cruise. I'm 70 but these people seemed really old. The daytime activities sucked. The onboard entertainment was poor but nowhere as poor as the food. There were a couple of groups to dance to.

The workers, staff, were great but the management, officers, were terrible! They seemed not to care. I didn't have contact with the Captain but spoke to several of the others. The hotel manager needs to get a uniform that fits and get it cleaned and pressed! Terrible appearance! The officers, managers were not responsive! Oh! the food in the evening at the Park Cafe was really bad. They served pizza and hot dogs late at night. No chips no nothing. The pizza was such poor quality, like cheap frozen pizza in a box. I would not have served that quality pizza to a group of 6 year olds! That bad! I didn't try the hot dogs. To serve this stuff the passengers on a cruise was a real disgrace! It was 12 days of bad cruising!! Good luck if you choose to cruise on Royal Caribbean!

Cruise booked for January 2017. We have 14 in group (7 reservations). I have called numerous times as have the others and we are still not all linked together for dining. Every time I call there is always an excuse as to why we are still not linked for dining. We all want to be together at a couple of tables for dining. This has never been an issue with any other cruise line we have been on. I tried to link us together with all our reservation numbers. Was told that everyone had to call separately in order to do that. One of these people is my 83 year old mother in law who lives in another state and was so confused when we tried to explain to her what she needed to do. I was the one who made her reservation but I could not link her to our dining without her calling!

I had everyone call in and then I called back to verify that it was all recorded properly. It wasn't. Some people had to call in twice because apparently Royal Caribbean didn't record it properly when they first called. At this time, we are still not all linked together for dining. Obviously all these phone calls has done nothing to help us. Such a simple thing with any other cruise line. We will just have to wait until we board to ask to dine together. And then I am sure we will be told that table assignments have already been made! Do not use Royal Caribbean if you are traveling with a group and want to dine together. They will make it almost impossible. So unhappy with them. Too late to cancel our cruise as we have all our in for our vacation time. But after this, never using this cruise line again.

I just got off of a 7 day cruise to the western Caribbean and I will prob never cruise with royal Caribbean again. The daytime activities felt like a nursing home... Everything shut down at 11 12. And the music was terrible. No pool parties. Food was really gross. The casino treated me and my husband unfairly. We won a few times on the cash Crane and the security told us we couldn't play anymore. In fact they shut the machine down. They rush us out of our rooms the last day of the cruise only to have us sit on the floor in the promenade to wait to be able to leave. Ridiculous service and def not worth $2600 plus airfare and everything else. Next vacation will be an all inclusive. Still can't believe Royal Caribbean is so popular!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded in 1968 and has since developed two unique destinations, Labadee and CocoCay; it also sails to numerous popular worldwide cruise destinations.

• Adventure Ocean youth program: Adventure Ocean provides kid-friendly activities for babies, tweens and teens.
  • Flexible dining experience: Dining options range from casual dining venues to sophisticated meals in the dining hall.
  • Onboard casino: Gambling enthusiasts can take a seat at the Roulette table or slot machines while sailing to the next destination.
  • Performances: Movie fans can enjoy watching Tony award-winning performances.
  • Pre-sailing communication: Guests can take advantage of itinerary updates and online check-in; these updates let them know what is available to cut the wait time and when it's time to board the ship.
  • Best for The Royal Caribbean liner is best for active adults and families.

Compare Cruise Lines