1.37/5
Based on 113 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

682 Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

I just returned home from a 7 day cruise to the Bahamas and I am extremely disappointed in how I was treated. First of all, I booked a Junior Suite for $5,000+. I was with a total party of 8, one of the couples we were with were having a surprise engagement, and another couple had met on a cruise prior and are now married and were celebrating their anniversary. We were all expecting to have a great time. However, on the 4th day, I got in an argument with my boyfriend, as couples in any situation usually do. The security made us sit down and asked us questions, and then proceeded to force me into confinement in a small room where I was not allowed to have any of my belongings with terrible service and amenities for the next 2 days until we arrived to land.

They treated me like a criminal, with paper plates and plastic utensils and awful food, and with a security guard outside my door the entire duration because I violated the "guest conduct policy" by getting into an argument. I was not allowed to return to my room and separated from my entire party. I am a frequent traveler, and this is by far the worst trip I have ever experienced in my life. I asked if I could retrieve my laptop to do work while I was wasting time being stuck and confined, to which my request was denied. I am a successful six-figure business owner. My boyfriend and I tried to speak with security many times to ask them to release me as we were not pressing charges, and it was just a ridiculous situation over a misunderstanding/argument, but no one cared or would listen to our stories and just left me confined.

I understand there are certain policies and regulations that must be followed on the boat, but this was just beyond ridiculous. I did not commit any type of crime and I did not have a say in anything — for a “vacation” I was supposed to be “enjoying” with friends and which I paid over $5,000 for. I would never pay anything to be treated the way that I was. It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I encourage everyone to stay away from this awful cruise.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Booked a cruise for 18 people, 3 kids under 12 had to pay 250 deposit for all... No problem. Had to cancel due to pregnancy of 1. Received cruise credit which in reality are worthless. Now keep in mind kids under 12 sail free. When trying to apply credit to a future cruise was told we couldn't apply the credits for the kids. But yet they charge you 250 deposit for them... And they sail free. Where is that money. Will never sail with Royal Caribbean again. I will inform MWR of this so no other military family will go thru this line of **.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

Adventure of the seas from Bayonne July 6 to the 13th. We had a family cruise for my moms 60th bday. 12 cabins booked, my mom was denied boarding because she didn’t have a passport, but she had the new enhanced drivers license. They had already loaded her bags on the ship. When denied we explained her heart medication was in her bags and we needed her bag back. They made absolutely no efforts to retrieve her bag. We called customer service and the guys response was call 911. I’ve cruised with them at least 5 times and never had a problem but that’s the last dime they will see from me. I’ve filed a complaint with RC but I’m sure that just hit a wall and probably go no further than the phone call. The food was terrible. The pool bar closed early, not many onboard activities.

Original review: July 14, 2018

RE: Royal Caribbean Cruises (RCC). Online I could not get package, insurance, etc. information without making a reservation with deposit. The first person, Jennifer, I spoke with said that is correct and then disconnected from the call. I called back and, Maryanne (sp?), stated this was true and that in most cases I could get a refund. I stated that all I want is information before deciding on the cruise. I also wrote to their "communication center" which resulted with a computer generated response only.

Myself and many family/friends were interested in trying out Royal Caribbean, but not after this. Plus there are way too many complaints about them and not properly resolving/addressing consumer issues. I can recommend CELEBRITY CRUISES! A much better ratio of passengers to crew members. Incredible foods in the main restaurants!! Every call I placed to them was met with an agent who was able to give correct information. Overall, all the cruises we took with Celebrity pampered and took very good care of us! RCC seems to have some very beautiful ships. However there are too many darkened clouds over them at this time. Hopefully someone there who can make an impact will correct these issues.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I've been on 3 Royal Caribbean cruises and this was by far the worst. Where do I start? Poor wait service after day 2. Subpar/rushed activities. Early closures of bars/restaurants. Limited activities. Mostly bland food. Poor planning on excursions. Non fun atmosphere. If you do plan on booking a Royal Caribbean cruise make sure it's not this boat (Adventure of the Seas)!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

Original review: July 12, 2018

I recently signed up for the Royal Caribbean Visa Signature rewards credit card while on a cruise. The employees at multiple stores, including the employee at NextCruise who completed the application, told me that the card was interest free for one year. Upon receiving the card, I found out that it is not interest free at all! I have contacted Bank of America about the card and was told there is nothing they can do. I have also attempted to contact Royal Caribbean directly to no avail. BEWARE! The employee at NextCruise assured me that the form stated the interest rate with an asterisk that said after the promotion term had ended, but never actually gave me anything in writing that confirmed WHAT promotion! They had other ones running for balance transfers and that was the promotion, not the 0% for 12 months!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I had such a great experience on my first Royal vacation and knew I wanted to book with Royal for future cruising. For my 30th birthday I decided to book Royal. Today 7/11/18 I go online to search for a price for a relative and to my surprise, the same exact room, same # of guest is almost $400.00 cheaper. I call up Royal to inquire about onboard credits or price adjustment. I was told that since I made a full payment on 7/2/18 I could not receive either, but I could receive an upgrade. After waiting on hold I was told that I could not receive an upgrade because there was no other availability in my category. I requested to speak to a supervisor, got hung up on. Called again, spoke to 4 other people with no avail.

So now my relatives are booking the same vacation for a much more cheaper price. First time in my life that no one is able to do anything at all, all because I booked well in advance (my proven loyalty to Royal) and paid my balance in full, again proven commitment to Royal. So now I’m being penalized for being a loyal customer. Will not be booking with Royal again and wish I could cancel my vacation and book with a cruise line that values and appreciates loyal customer. My 30th birthday, lifetime milestone has been ruined. My advice to others, wait until 2 or even 1 month before your desired cruise time to book. The prices seem to be the cheaper when the sailing dates are approaching. Very upsetting.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Customer Service and Complaint Dept are the worst. We are schedule to cruise July 23, 2018 on Majesty by the Sea. We are a family of 4. I wanted to reserve a liquor package online for my husband, who enjoys an occasional drink and a soda package for my kids and me, but I was unable to. The online process forces everyone over 21 be enrolled in the liquor package. We DO NOT drink liquor! That's ridiculous. My 21 year old son is disable and only drinks soda. So, I called customer service and spoke to the Supervisor Wilson **. He informed me that in order to reserve the soda package for my disable child, I needed a letter from his doctor. So I'm supposed to spend $120 deductible to get a letter from his doctor or I am forced to take a liquor package, only because he is 21. That is ridiculous!!

I call to put a complaint against this policy. I speak to Robert at the complaint dept. I asked him for his last name. He refused, said it's his personal information. So, I requested a confirmation of my complaint. He said they do not provide confirmation, I had to take his word. At this point it's not even about the money, it's the principle. Royal Caribbean you're discriminating against a "child". Shame on you!!

Original review: July 9, 2018

Our Royal Caribbean cruise was wrought with customer service failures from the moment of booking until now. Considering booking was a year in advance means over a year (because it's still ongoing) of weekly hell in dealing with a company who just does not have their ** together! From the get-go, they couldn't even find 3 cabins near each other (that's a really small group compared to some groups) so I had to do it. They screwed up our dinner reservations and seemed to be totally clueless on how to help us coordinate our dining times with the shows and other activities we wanted to take part in.

EVERYTHING needs a reservation; forget a carefree relaxing cruise because you will have to plan your days by the moment and book everything well before you board the ship and they won't help so you'll have to do a lot of time consuming research on your own. Even then, you will stand in line after line after line! Even the shore excursion companies are horrible! One took us to a beach with almost no shelter in the middle of pouring rain (with lightning!) and our guess was they didn't want to cancel it because they wanted our money. We had to fight tooth and nail to get our refund. All in all, the cruise was still fun and there were some really great crew members on the ship that helped make it memorable. It's just too bad that the ones who don't give a flip stole a lot of that enjoyment away.

The BIGGEST issue now is that Royal Caribbean lost one of our bags and they have been most unhelpful in finding it and getting it back to us, going so far as almost constantly turning it around to say we "left" the bag. We certainly did not leave it! The last we saw of our bag the RCCL porter was picking it up from outside our stateroom on the last day and putting it on his luggage cart. We never saw the bag again so there is absolutely no way that we are the ones who lost it! Royal Caribbean will not accept responsibility and will not do anything to help us find our bag. They are "documenting" our record but the notes are all about somebody notifying somebody else and not receiving a response yet. NO ONE is actually doing ANYTHING!!!

If you are planning a cruise, I would seriously caution you to avoid Royal Caribbean. While their ships are beautiful, I am an avid cruiser and I have NEVER had anywhere near as many problems with any other cruise line. Carnival is more fun and Norwegian has better food. If you simply must go because of the ship (which was our deal) then be prepared to be disappointed in everything else! They do NOT care!

Original review: July 7, 2018

We contacted a man named Greg ** who works as a travel agent for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. We asked him, as well as other parties in our group, if we could use our passport cards to travel to Cuba. His reply, "yes, absolutely." We paid and didn't think about it again until we were pre-registering. The website stated we needed passports and cards were not acceptable. We contacted Royal Caribbean and the dispute department said that it is our responsibility to check for documents needed. I explained that the travel agent, Greg, told us the cards were fine. She said again, "It is your responsibility."

I asked her, "Why would I book a cruise that I knew I couldn't board?" She basically said, "Too bad!" I explained that it was a mistake on their end, again - "Too bad." I asked for future travel vouchers, NO! She said I could take a Bahamas cruise instead. Why would I want to go to the Bahamas for the third time? We were suppose to Cuba with my family members who are booked for the same cruise, too bad. Also, the trip is approximately 1200 cheaper!

Please note: Greg told my sister in law thing, cards are fine. I asked to pull phone recordings, she said they don't keep them this long. I am now trying to contact Help Me Howard. Please help spread the word about this unethical cruise line. Thank you. EDIT: I forgot to mention the 75 pp Visa fees to enter Cuba as well - that were not mentioned! After reading the comments submitted here, after almost a year, the TAs should know the policy. This must be a tactic to scam money from people. Please contact me if you would like to file a class action settlement.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Harmony of the Seas Cruise - I recently went on a cruise with Royal Caribbean and after talking with my cruise agent upgraded to a balcony cabin. Upon checking in we went to our room and open the slider to the balcony and the glass is taped over due to being damaged by the previous guest. No way to sit on the balcony and relax unless you like a white tape view. Royal offered a future cruise credit which is ridiculous. I asked for a credit on the upgrade to a balcony but they refused. I will never cruise on this line again and will let anyone who ask why.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Hello. I missed my ship sailing to Cuba due to my husband getting sick on way to ship. Royal Carribean was so not understanding about this. I had a dr note and they still were not nice about him getting sick. All we wanted was a future cruise credit. And they were just not professional. I hope they can get better with customer service. They really need to.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Royal Caribbean recently canceled a western Mediterranean cruise I bought and turned it into a charter. They offered another Mediterranean cruise as a substitute but the destinations were far less attractive than the original cruise. They also offered a full refund if requested. I called to complain to RC about how their decision ruined *my* summer given that I had other travel plans connected to the RC trip. RC simply didn't seem to care. Their utter indifference to my plight is why I will never book with RC again.

Resolution response: June 29, 2018

Recently, I posted a true and accurate review regarding my experience in booking a cruise with RCCL. Although I felt that my loyalty was unappreciated, the company did apologize for the situation and offered a mean for restitution. Even though it was not what I had expected, it was the only one applicable that would alleviate undue stress to other guests. The person that I SPOKE with was very understanding, very apologetic, very professional and she actually listened and understood. You don't always get that from a large company, but they did without hesitation. My sun cap is on and I'm ready to go. Kudos to you RCCL.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Just a little of background. I originally booked my package for three cabins. One double and the other two were adjoining. One for myself and the other for my daughter with two boys so that I could help with their supervisions. On June 19, 2018, I noticed a discrepancy with the room assignment and immediately contacted my Travel Agent to the situation. With me online, he contacted (Jennie a Resolution Supervisor). Although Jennie could not find an immediate solution, she did eventually offer a $50 credit and a closeful watch out for anything becoming available. Not good enough. I paid for all three cabin as well as airfare, so her offer was an insult. Not about the money but how business is conducted to a loyal customer.

Several times during our conversation, I was informed that RCCL had a right to move me but never why I was moved. When I tried to explain why I purchased the connecting cabins, I was told that she was not interested. Very insensitive. The last payment for my cruise was in March 2018, the move occurred in April 2018, and my discovery was in June 2018. Still no notification to me or my Travel Agent. This is not Good customer relation or family enjoyment. I have always been very loyal in choosing RCCL and was very proud of my Platinum designation for Crown & Anchor, not anymore. In the past, I have enjoyed the ship activities, shows and dining experience. I'm not asking for monetary compensation but to have the situation that you created made right. The fact that I paid for three cabins including airfare for eight I think calls for a little more consideration than I have been given.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Royal Caribbean-Majesty of the Seas. We booked a cruise out of Tampa to Cuba for 16 family members to leave June 6 2018. It was for our Dad's 85th Birthday. I had planned this cruise starting in January. We were not given specific directions that a Card Passport would not suffice in Cuba. 5 people in our family went and got passports just for this cruise. If we had been given direction to get Book not Card Passport we would have done that. Our Only instruction was Passport needed for Cuba cruise. We all drove almost 8 hours to Tampa Cruise Port. When we got to cruise terminal and waited in long lines, we all were so excited to be together but boy when we got the news my brothers, sister, son and grandchild could not come our bubbles were burst.

If you could please pass this info on to upper management so this will be a mandatory question: “Do you have a Book Passport because Card Passport will not Work.“ Although you go through exact same clearance for Book as you do for Card. Do you know anyone that could assist us with some type of compensation? Our cost for cruise only was almost $12,000 not including of course the gratuities of $29 per cabin per day. Thank you for any help or direction you can give me concerning this miscommunication. PS: We loved the staff on the Majesty of the Seas.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We booked an RCCL cruise on the Freedom of the Seas for December 30, 2018. The travel agent called us a couple of days later and told us that RCCL made an "error" on the sale, and therefore would not honor the deal. How can you advertise something, then when it is purchased not honor it?

Original review: May 31, 2018

The cruise is a lot of fun, the crew is very accommodating. Everything is very clean. The shows and entertainment is extremely good. The food is good and the onshore excursions are fun (a little pricey). The bad they're trying to sell things during the whole cruise. It was very annoying.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I have been trying to get a solution regarding the $1200.00 charge to my credit card by Regalia Jewelers since two days after my cruise ended. They charged my card and kept the jewelry. I ordered a bracelet/ring combo on Monday or Tuesday 11/13-11/14 but decided against the expensive purchase after talking to my husband. We stopped by on Wednesday and informed a gentleman who worked there because the lady who helped me was not there. On 11/20 there was a charge on my Mastercard from the jeweler. I received a response from Lou ** that my Seapass was not charged. I informed him that the charge was on a different credit card and submitted a copy of my bank statement with the charge on 12/17/17... I have yet to receive a response. This is beyond ridiculous! It should not take months to resolve my issue.

REGALIA JEWELERS STOLE $1200.00 from me and I want it reversed. If it cannot be resolved between us, then I will have to seek legal counsel. My family and friends cruise yearly at times twice a year. The cruise we just did with your cruise line was with 30 people. This was our 2nd time with Royal, however, in the future to avoid situations like this - we will be looking at the other cruise lines we have used i.e. Carnival, Norwegian because we have never encountered an issue like this and any issues we have encountered were resolved almost immediately. To date: 05/266/18-RCCL has yet to resolve this matter! They only respond when I go to the website and complain - I receive a computer generated message and nothing else! It is signed by someone named LOU ** who never calls, emails or responds at all! MY FAMILY CRUISES TWICE A YEAR AND WILL NEVER VACATION WITH THIS CRUISE LINE AGAIN!!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Last Saturday we were told that we could not board the cruise ship Majesty of the Seas because we did not have the proper travel documents. Royal Caribbean's email to me stated that we needed passports as we were traveling to Cuba. We had passports. A passport book and a passport card. RC email to me did not specify what type of passport we needed. A far as I was concerned we had the proper travel documents and were good to go. It was disappointing, stressful and embarrassing to be told that not only could we not go on the cruise but we would not receive a refund or a reschedule date for the cruise.

There were several families in the same position as we were, and I feel that RC did not do their due diligence to make sure that their guests were notified of the proper documents needed to travel. I have spoken to RC several times. I feel like I am speaking to robots, and I have been told that they will not refund or reschedule. This is just not acceptable!!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm disgusted by the customer service of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. As a first time cruiser an issue came about regarding the financial aspects of the transportation and timing of the ports and flights back to San Diego from Alaska. Yesterday was the cut off date for higher cancellation fee (50%). I'm ok and understand cancellation fees. However since we ordered through a travel agent, we were unable to cancel the trip late last night once we understood the full financial obligation of not having Vancouver back to Vancouver porting.

After immediately emailing and calling in the morning, and after our travel agent explained the situation to RCL, they were unwilling to work with us on the fee; 50% instead of 25%. This means we are out $1000. Over 12 hours of missed window. I'm just amazed a company the size of RCL won't work with customers to figure out a happy means. $1000 isn't chump change by any means. All this has assured me of is to NEVER book an RCL cruise EVER again and I will not recommend them to anyone interested in potentially cruising with them. Questions... Am I being absurd to ask for them to consider waiving this 12 hour window to adjust my penalty fee from 50% to 25%? Is it worth losing the lifetime of a customer over $1000?

Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought two rooms on their ship Liberty of the Seas, to have more room with kids. So, my wife and I separated staterooms. Not having two adults in one room you can not get the deal. Plus the advertising is false and misleading. You do not get buy one get one 50% off. It is a lie. You only get 25% off. Do not buy any package that they offer. They are liars. #royalcaribbean #royalcaribbeanliars I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Al and his supervisor Catherine. They both are full of lies. Read fine print. Buying their drink packages are a scam and their wording should be illegal.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean in the past and have had no issues. This past time, I put a $750 deposit for a future cruise and due to a family emergency, I was unable to go on the cruise. I canceled the cruise and was told they would penalize me by keeping $300 and the remainder was going to stay on my account to be used on a future cruise credit. I just called them today as I haven't received the credit, and they claim that since I cancelled one day too late (still giving them over 2 months cancellation notice) they confiscated the full amount of my deposit of $750. Honestly, I will never step foot on this cruise line again and feel there is no difference in stealing money from someone than what they have done to me! I am very disgusted with the way they have handled an unfortunate/unexpected circumstance!!

Original review: May 12, 2018

My gf and I acted generous with tips and polite as prefer this to the alternative. The crew treated us nice and gave them utmost respect because my gf and I work in the service industry. 1st day there our housekeeper flirted with us and mentioned hanging out with the crew party on deck 3. I ate chicken on the 2nd day that made me sick for 2 days. I complained and the next day they said I had to leave on St. Marten. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is untrustworthy and is anything but Royal... Beware.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Our cruise was cancelled because of the hurricanes last September but Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is giving us a very hard time trying to get credit for our money previously paid. They won’t give credit for all of our money paid towards our new cruise and let us use the balance onboard or refund it. Why would we want to go on another trip with them after such treatment now!!!

Original review: May 9, 2018

This was our honeymoon. We didn’t sleep for 4 nights due to men throwing and dragging chairs to clean up on the pool deck above us 12-6 am. Complained all through the night to customer service. It never stopped... shaking our cabin. The food was disgusting, even the chef's table was a SHAM. We were told we would be compensated but then they took it BACK after we got off ship. They are liars, and Royal Caribbean nickel and dimes you every step of the way. Hidden fees. Also, there’s Nothing to do on board. No shows, the casino stinks and is filthy. This is the worst thing we’ve EVER done. Do NOT sail with these people.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My husband and I booked a room on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. My daughter and her boyfriend booked a room on the same cruise. We were going to celebrate my 60th birthday. A few weeks later we went to add other rooms to the cruise and I was told that the cruise was listed as a code red which means no rooms can be added. I was told that either the Cruise would cancel or it would be released shortly. I called every week for 7 weeks. I was told after a couple of weeks that I could cancel and get my deposit back but they would not offer any assistance with the cost difference on a different cruise unless it canceled. So I waited. 8 weeks after the cruise was put in a code red it was canceled.

The only other cruise that was going out of the same port that weekend had gone up $425 in price since I booked the cruise. Royal Caribbean would not match the price the cruise was listed at when I booked my original cruise. They offered me a $100 onboard credit but took away the $175 onboard credit. I was told well if I had picked the other cruise from the beginning I would have gotten that price. I was supposed to guess which cruise wasn't going to be canceled.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Royal sucks. Oasis of the Sea not a real vacation. You have to make reservations for everything. They kept us waiting for hours at check in. All agents left. I'm going back to Carnival for real vacation. Customer service very rude.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Bought insurance after being offer as a just in case they will be refund our money. As military family, we try to be on the safe side. But not for this insurance, is all about the small letters, they are keeping half of our cruise, about $3,000 because a deployment won't qualify as for their insurance policy. Never again Royal Caribbean, I was told I didn't do my homework, so get to pay the high price, Lesson learned. Read the insurance before you get in dirty business with this company.

Original review: April 17, 2018

On March 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM we booked three cabins for a family vacation including our two children and their spouses. On March 29 at 11:05 AM we received a message from Royal Caribbean stating that the CDC has issued a Zika warning for our destination, Cuba. Our daughter-in-law has recently suffered a miscarriage and will be trying to become pregnant again soon. After checking with the CDC and based on the information that Royal Caribbean provided, we canceled all three reservations via email at 12:24 PM on March 30. At 1:42 PM on March 30 we received the following cancellation codes **. After several calls to Royal Caribbean we were told that we will not be refunded the $600 deposits that we paid for the 3 rooms. The cruise dates were for July 2018.

Original review: April 13, 2018

So, I usually cruise with Royal Caribbean and we are Platinum Crown and Anchor members. My husband and I earned a cruise with them through AVON. Avon booked our room and did all the pre-arranging. I just needed to have a couple of things clarified and added. So I called their customer service number and had an agent named: WALTER - He had a strong accent (Middle Eastern I think). Right after I asked the first question he said... "Oh, you are booked under a group. I cannot help you." I said, "Ok, my name is wrong, can you fix that?" And he started this dragged out explanation why he couldn't.

Instead of listening to all he had to say and explain I interrupted the litany and said, 'OK, can you help me with a room credit we are supposed to be getting?' - He got furious and shouted at me 'Ma'am, it is rude to interrupt, please, do not interrupt me.' I responded before he finished 'Yes, I know, but I do not want to have a long drawn out answer to a very simple yes or no question.' - 'There, you see? Again you interrupt me I would like to finish my script...' - "Look dude, I am the customer, you are the customer service. I need to know who to call.' - ' Indignant 'Well, if you would let me finish the number is...' and he finally gave me the information I needed... 'Call tomorrow between 9 am and 4 pm EST'... Thanks, (click).

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded in 1968 and has since developed two unique destinations, Labadee and CocoCay; it also sails to numerous popular worldwide cruise destinations.

• Adventure Ocean youth program: Adventure Ocean provides kid-friendly activities for babies, tweens and teens.

• Flexible dining experience: Dining options range from casual dining venues to sophisticated meals in the dining hall.

• Onboard casino: Gambling enthusiasts can take a seat at the Roulette table or slot machines while sailing to the next destination.

• Performances: Movie fans can enjoy watching Tony award-winning performances.

• Pre-sailing communication: Guests can take advantage of itinerary updates and online check-in; these updates let them know what is available to cut the wait time and when it's time to board the ship.

• Best for: The Royal Caribbean liner is best for active adults and families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs