2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.96/5

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

Original review: April 10, 2020

Out of all the other lines l have been on, Royal Caribbean is my favorite! The customer service is excellent. They go out of their way to make sure your have a wonderful experience on the ship. You can go to any of the staff to ask for assistance and if they’re not able to help you they will direct you to someone who can. Staff is personable and l notice that the person who’s in charge of your cabin makes sure by the second day he/she knows your name. Depending on where you are going l feel that for the services you are getting prices are good! I do find that the prices on the excursions (especially in Europe) can be a bit pricey but the excursions for the most part are informative and amazing. The food is great. Everyday there is a different theme celebrating different country's cuisine. All in all if you want to have a good time, enjoy great food and explore different parts of the world, l recommend Royal Caribbean.

Original review: April 10, 2020

Cruising is the best way to go on a vacation. You visit many locations without having to change hotels nor pack and unpack. I like cruises so much that I have been on 29 of them. The best cruise line is Royal Caribbean International since on their ships there are activities for everyone, no matter your age, your nationality, ethnicity, education, etc. Once you board one of their ships you are in a different world, where you are treated like royalty and every crew member is there to make your vacation a dream come true.

The company has many classes of ships and each class is different and has its own way of enchanting its guests. That is why you can say that there is a ship and a class for everyone and every taste. Another thing I find very important and have found true on each ship is the cleanliness. During a day, everywhere you look there is a crew member cleaning the different areas with a smile on their face. Once you try a cruise on any of RCI's ships you will surely want more and will say "I am loyal to Royal".

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Have cruised 3 different lines (NCL, Carnival, & RCCL), and between all will continue to cruise RCCL over and over again. The entertainment on these ships (especially the Oasis and Quantum/Quantum-Ultra classes) are spectacular. From outstanding live shows, to comedy shows, laser-tag, ice skating + ice shows, bumper cars, escape rooms, you name it! They have entertainment to match any and all types. The rooms are incredibly comfortable, and the higher you go in cabin class the more exquisite the experience becomes with their "Suite Benefits". Even larger ships such as the Oasis class do not feel crowded as one would expect. The layout of the larger ships keeps you from feeling cramped in. Ship-board activities abound each day. There is literally something for everyone.

If I had to suggest an area of improvement, I would have to choose the food. The food at buffet is okay, and main dining room food is a bit better. Specialty dining areas are wonderful, but there's an up-charge for those. The quality of the food options included in the cruise fare could stand some improvement. However, with all other things that RCCL provide, I continue to sail with them despite this, as in my humble opinion, they still rank the best so far.

Original review: March 30, 2020

RC really knows how to pamper their guests. I was only minimally disappointed that the high quality food is now considered specialty dining. Each and every person made us feel welcome and appreciated. It was an amazing experience and would highly recommend Royal Caribbean. The excursions were top notch, very fun and a great adventure! The only negative was that we bought an interior cabin and there was a column at the end of the bed so I couldn't walk around the bed to get in, but we weren't in the room enough for that to be an issue! Everything was very clean and well maintained.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Royal Caribbean is the way to go. More things to do on the ship. Great food and best entertainment of any. Excellent itinerary. Best excursions..Sail away with royal carribean. They treat you like a king and queen on their cruises. Staff waits on you hand and foot. And you will definitely enjoy the captain's dinner. And by the way have your photo taken at all your destination stops in which you will get to purchase to remember your cruise by. Enjoy yourself laying around the Olympic size pools and also the huge hot tubs. Casinos are also on board for a chance to win you some extra spending cash. With everything that included in your trip you will have a memorable trip to remember forever. So call them today and get packing and get ready for a cruise of a life time. What are you waiting for? Get on that phone today and get your trip booked and get ready to enjoy yourself and meet new people.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I purchased this cruise back in March of 2020 right before covid-19 struck. The cruise line cancelled my cruise sailing date due to a pandemic that was beyond my control. We needed to get away due to my mother having cancer, that she has officially lost the battle to, and we needed to get away for a breather. I am very disappointed in the way that I have been treated regarding this matter. I have called multiple time requesting a refund for the money that was paid in full to sail and they keep telling me that they cannot refund my money but instead can give me a voucher for what I purchased to sail by December 31st of this year (2021).

I waited on the phone line for countless hours and times for someone to even get on the phone line. We are currently still in this pandemic that will not be over before the end of the year and I no longer feel safe traveling to other countries because of. If I don't use it before December 31, 2021 then they say that I will loose my money that was spent on a cruise with Royal Caribbean that was never taken due to issues beyond my control. I have been a loyal customer with them for over 10 years and have sailed with this cruise line many times. They have held onto my money for almost a year now and they refuse to give me my refund. To add insult to injury, I, like everyone else, has suffered and struggled through this pandemic and I need my money to pay bills, feed my family, etc. It was falsely advertised that they would be giving refunds during this time, but has still refused to give me mine.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Book to cruise with friends. Three months later covid hit and ships quit sailing. Total payments needed to be in October 26 2020. If not fully paid you lose your deposit. Any other time other than a pandemic I understand how important policy is. During a pandemic I think they should have moved my deposit for a future date. They said I had to have the cruise paid in full when since it wasn't then no deposit for future cruise credit. This is crazy, airlines and every other company is letting you book for a later date on none refundable or transferable travel during this time. It breaks my heart to day I will never sail on royal Caribbean again. Nice boats horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

PLEASE help me get my money back from Royal Caribbean. Details are below: First Cruise Booking (Booked 8/1/2019; Canceled due to Pandemic on 3/11/2019). At that time I was told there were NO plans to cancel the cruise. Three days later they canceled the cruise. 2021 Cruise booked from Future Cruise Credit (FCC) (Booked on 10/22/2020; RC Canceled on 1/12/2021).

I booked a cruise for my kids and I to travel Spring break 2020 to celebrate my graduation from Grad school and their milestones of both being in secondary education. I am a single mom and saved awhile to be able to afford this cruise. Like others, I got nervous when the cruise was approaching last March 2019 and people were being quarantined on ships due to COVID. 48 Hours later, RC canceled the cruise, for the VERY SAME REASON I canceled the cruise, the pandemic. I was told I could only get a FCC and no option for refund. I was livid but eventually booked for THIS April 2021. I waited to pay my taxes until the very last day expecting the cruise to be canceled. RC canceled my cruise on Jan 19. The letter states I can't get a refund because I booked off of FCC. Absolutely Ludicrous! They will have had my money for 3 years by the time I get to cruise. I have LOST my appetite for cruising.

Meanwhile, I can't take another vacation because RC has the vacation money I SAVED to go. I don't want to be stuck on a ship with others who may or may not believe in this virus. I DO NOT want RC to have my money. I DO NOT want to go on a cruise. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! All of it. I WILL NEVER recommend RC to anyone. EVER. Criminals. Awful. People are losing their jobs and dying, need to pay medical bills etc. and RC is holding money hostage. SHAMEFUL and DISGRACEFUL.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

They offer a free cruise. Take it away because of covid. After holding our money for 6 months 45 days for a refund then come back to offer nothing. Terrible customer service. Always hanging up on your call. I don't recommend them. The only way to go is Carnival cruises. Customer service is terrible.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I had a cruise set for November which I had to cancel due to the uncertainty that the cruise was going to be cancelled by the cruise line. I respectfully requested the refund in the full amount and was not given the option as the return to sale date was 11/1/2020, however "that can change at any time." I with pre-determined vacation dates cannot afford to continue to wait for a company announcement had to find new travel plans. I do not think it is fair that I was penalized for, foreseeing additional cancelations with no end in this COVID-19 pandemic. They firstly refused to refund the full amount and hold my deposit. After calling again to inquire about receiving the additional refund, (which they still refused) I was told the hold amount was even greater and being held as a future cruise credit. During my initial calls they even refused to get me over to a supervisor.

Therefore with all these issues, why would I ever want to give RCCL any additional monies for future cruises above and beyond the "future cruise credit." I think it's absolutely immoral of a customer facing company to accept this as the only alternative. I would like to point out that I understood prior to the announcement 11/6/2020 why some of my funds were being issued as a credit as I chose to cancel and not RCCL (even though you know COVID-19), and had accepted that some of my money would be held for future use, however I will not tolerate being bullied by a multi-billion dollar company when the return to sale date is extended for the very same reason that I needed to cancel sooner.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines author review by ConsumerAffairs

The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded in 1968 and has since developed two unique destinations, Labadee and CocoCay; it also sails to numerous popular worldwide cruise destinations.

• Adventure Ocean youth program: Adventure Ocean provides kid-friendly activities for babies, tweens and teens.

• Flexible dining experience: Dining options range from casual dining venues to sophisticated meals in the dining hall.

• Onboard casino: Gambling enthusiasts can take a seat at the Roulette table or slot machines while sailing to the next destination.

• Performances: Movie fans can enjoy watching Tony award-winning performances.

• Pre-sailing communication: Guests can take advantage of itinerary updates and online check-in; these updates let them know what is available to cut the wait time and when it's time to board the ship.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team