Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have cruised several time before but this was the first time with Royal Caribbean. We were very happy with most features of the ship and found the food and accommodation excellent. The only problem we had was with the extremely poor exchange rate offered. We prefer to pay by cash and boarded the ship with Australian dollars. Unfortunately as they use US dollars you have to get it converted at the service desk.

I was extremely disappointed that we were not advised by RC that we would lose a significant amount of money due to their exchange policy. To cut a long story short if I was to exchange AU$900 to US$ at the service desk and not spend any money during the cruise, when I converted back I would be refunded only AU$700. That's $200 for the privilege of RC holding my money! To put it perspective for US travelers, if you withdraw US$300 to spend in an Australian port and get the RC ship to convert it to AU$ you would get about $350 instead of around AU$400.

The Royal Caribbean lost my luggage with a value of 7,500-10,000, and although I submitted all required documentation, they offer me a refund of 300. Nice service after you stayed at the most exclusive Royal suite. I guess the Royal service ends when you leave the boat.

Liberty of the Seas Jan 2017. The room was adequate, but not on GS level that we have come to expect from Royal Caribbean. We had a Grand Suite Guarantee and ended up with a Family Suite. The room around the beds was too small to accommodate our breathing equipment adequately in the first room (nor was there any view from the first room). This small room had a small standard shower, sink, & commode. It had two Pullman style beds to accommodate youngsters or a young family, but no closet in that room. The closet was in the main hallway. The Master bedroom was very narrow at the bottom of the bed not allowing a second person to help the first person to the restroom. There was adequate space for equipment in this room utilizing the refrigerator table, end tables, and vanity. The room had a single closet and an Oceanview window.

The Master bathroom was quite small, even smaller than a Junior Suite or perhaps almost that size. Not the facilities we are used to in a Grand Suite level, and not for when one person often has to assist the second person. Therefore, instead of enjoying leisurely baths, a shower in the small room was often required instead. We missed the lovely space of the Grand Suite and the lovely Bathroom. The balcony was very nice with two chaise lounges and a table with four chairs. The chairs were adequate, but have suffered much wear and tear. Most likely a combination of rough usage and being outdoors at all times.

The balcony afforded no privacy. Guests from upper floors could see into the balcony area easily, as well as those walking on the lower decks or from the floors below. The Living room area could make into another bed, but again, no place for breathing equipment or walking space if used as a bedroom for us. Although it would be nice for a young family. The Stateroom attendant was a darling and accomplished her daily tasks quickly and with a friendly demeanor.

I have been on 6 different cruise lines. The first week of Dec 2016, we set sail with Royal Caribbean. We had 17 family members with us. I have NEVER been so disappointed on any other cruise line. I'm a very easy to please person, but the following actually occurred, and I sincerely want others to know so they can select their vacations carefully.

We had contacted the cruise line 5 times to clarify that we had 2 family members with celiacs who could NOT eat gluten. Outside of the formal dining room, there was very little these family members could safely eat. Entertainment was not delivered as scheduled. Of all the nights, the substitute entertainment was the best. Dinner our first night took over 2.5 hours as orders were mixed up, long pauses between appetizers, main course, and dessert. NOTHING to eat after 9:30 PM. Are you kidding me? Pools closed at 9:30 PM? My kids and grandkids were so disappointed. NOBODY could explain the bill that was slid under our door regarding gratuities. My son has a master's degree and tried with over 5 people to get to the bottom of the hardcopy bill.

I completed the evaluation and requested for 4 weeks that someone contact me. I have never heard a word from them. I didn't want anything except to explain the need for them to let those with special diets know when booking that selections would be very, very limited. Plus, one of our family members got very ill even in the formal dining room. Her meal was either NOT gluten free or cross contaminated. We scheduled another cruise about 2 weeks after getting back from our Royal disaster. I cannot believe the difference from booking to the entire experience. If you're from Royal and reading this, please call or email me back. We will never book with you again!

Royal Caribbean has clean and beautiful ships. It provides plenty of activities to do on and off the ship. The food and lodging is very nice. They make you feel like a king with great service, friendly staff and fun entertainment. The dining experience really makes you feel well catered to and you are always treated with great respect and they do their best to make you happy. It's a bit pricier than others but you get what you pay for.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

It was an amazing experience with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. They had great service and always had fun stuff to do. They had everything we needed. From the time we left to the time we returned we had a wonderful time. I would recommend it to anyone and be sure to do all the events on the ship.

Let me preface this with saying we never complain! This was our 5th cruise with RCI and never had an issue or spoke with customer service until sailing Harmony. I travel with a child with allergies and always do my due diligence when booking by putting his allergies on the reservation and emailing RCI and this time even called to ensure that such a large ship can accommodate his allergies as we had only sailed on their smaller ships and was assured they would. Spent two hours after boarding speaking to head waiter and setting up meals in MDR and they confirmed like on our previous sailings we would order room service and go to windjammer and speak to head chef and have food made for him as MDR isn't always open.

We called room service to order FRIES. Yes just fries and was told they were too busy and for him to eat fruit which he hates. Went to windjammer, waited 30 min to speak to head Chef to order burger and fries and was again told they were too busy!! This went on for days! My son literally only could eat the small dinner in MDR and breakfast as they are closed most days for lunch! So while everyone is eating non stop he was left there to just watch!

Finally on day 5 while we were in Puerto Rico we spent the day looking for somewhere to buy some snacks for the remainder of the trip instead of going snorkeling like we planned! He stayed in the room the entire trip to prevent being treated so poorly by the staff because he had allergies! Besides this when we boarded we found out the itinerary had changed and the reservations and excursions we carefully planned all had to be rebooked and changed! Spent the entire first night in line trying to get everything rebooked!

For excursions they barely had anything available because it was so last minute! They had no snorkeling available which was the only thing my son wanted to do. This was his yearly birthday cruise! Had reservations for rubicon on our sea day and that was now a port day and the only time they had now was late night and we had to miss our show! Bar staff was extremely slow and rude, be prepared to wait 30 min for a drink and me and hubby always book one dinner for just the two of us because we eat all meals in MDR with son and don't like to eat in front of him.

We booked months before for 5th night at 9:30pm. At 9pm received a call in the room saying they decided to close early and we can either come now or not at all! I had just gotten out of the shower and hubby just went for a drink which always takes like 30min so no way we could have made it! Why let me make reservations and then decide to close early!! It was the one thing we were most excited to do and they cancelled on us and we couldn't rebook because they were already booked the next two nights of our cruise!!

Complete nightmare from start to finish, called RCI and after they first treated me like a liar they finally confirmed everything that I had said was true and offered to reimburse me for the money I spent in PR on food only after I send my receipt (good thing I save them) and said that shouldn't have happened and it will be a learning experience for them!

So glad my $5000+ I spent on that cruise was a learning experience for you!! Glad to know I spent that much money to sit in a room with a starving child that you assured me you could take care of!! If we had asked for anything crazy I would understand but literally just asked for fries everyday and was told everyday too busy and the fries are cooked in the grease with chicken so he couldn't have them as he is allergic to chicken! If you are too busy to change the grease then why can't you cook them in the oven??? And if you state that you have a separate allergy free kitchen you are telling me you don't have not one fryer to cook just fries that you don't cook chicken with??

Sailed on the Ovation of the Seas for Christmas 2016. This was their Holiday Cruise out of Sydney Dec 15. This cruise was not worth the extra cost. Totally disorganized from the start. Just trying to find people that had constructive information and able to direct you to the proper area was next to impossible. Once on the ship rooms were not available for the first hour. That was no problem as we needed to eat. That where it all went downhill throughout the whole trip. The food was average at best, the kitchen staff had a problem cooking meat, some came out as shoe leather. Restaurant service was slow and food came out warm to cold. Got the feeling if you wanted good food you were being forced to go to the specialty restaurants. Ordered a beer seldom asked if I would like a glass.

The complete ship was understaffed although most staff were very helpful. Only six on the service desk at any time for over four thousand people. Try to call for any service and the first language is Chinese right away. You get the feeling this ship is geared to the Asian market. I found a lady's ring and returned it to the service desk. Not a "thank you", never asked my name, room number or where it was found. How could the owner every thank someone. Had the same comment from two ladies who found a camera.

The ship was sparsely decorated for Christmas. Nothing in the restaurants just the main area of the ship. The tree was up and a few plants. Nothing started until Christmas Eve and by the 26th it was over. Remember this was promoted as a Holiday Cruise. Very disappointed. Have had much better Holiday Cruises with Princess. The impression given that there is unlimited Bumper Cars and other events however there is only one area for all these events so times are limited and waiting can be long. Unfortunately due the inclement weather we were unable to visit some ports in New Zealand. This put a damper on the trip. However the Captain made the correct decision. Safety first.

This ship is cheaply made as far a decor goes and won't take long to show its wear already chips out of the plastic wood in our cabin. It's not a year old. Cabins were poorly soundproofed but comfortable. No shampoo that's the next level. Every year there are less conveniences on RCI. Are they going the same way as the airlines extra cost for everything. I am one cruise away from the next level however the incentive to get there is not worth it. We are looking at other cruise lines that are all inclusive when you add everything up and take in the service you receive you are better off.

The food was substandard-like a buffet, but the cruise was very clean, orderly and the staff was friendly. It was wonderful, relaxing and fun. They have good choices for the itinerary. The biggest problem was it took us way too long to board the ship and for some senior citizens it was painful.

Royal Caribbean Next Cruise staff gave us a false advertisement flier while onboard Enchantment of the Seas for booking another cruise, and then would not honor their own terms and conditions. It stated, "30% off every guest, 50% reduced deposit, up to $150 instant savings, + up to $500 in onboard credit, + limited time offer kids sail free." When we attempted to book on 1/7/17 with the Next Cruise rep, Catalina **, she told us the kids sail free portion of the offer was not available in her system. She allegedly emailed her mgmt to inquire and was told the offer expired on 1/4 even though the flier stated it was available 1/5-1/31/17.

She told us "kids sail free" was supposed to have been removed from the flier. She then printed out new terms and conditions for that portion of the flier, showing it expired on 1/4. We insisted Royal Caribbean honor their error because they advertised it. We were told they would not and Catalina refused to give us the name of her manager. I contacted Royal Caribbean guest relations and despite us scanning our copy of the flier to them, they refused to acknowledge the flier or their error and just stated the offer expired.

I will address each issue by number so there is no confusion. 1. Arriving: We called ahead and informed Royal that we had a handicap person in our party of 10 and was there any provision for handicap to allow him to enter easy and not stand in line as that is next to impossible. We were told to tell the porter and there was a special entrance to help the handicap board. Upon arriving we removed our bags and was told to go stand in line. When we asked if there was any handicap assistance we were told not at this point. Luckily we brought a special chair for him to sit on as we moved along the line. Again we asked if there any special boarding for previous patrons as ourselves and we were told later there will be. Later was a joke. We waited in line just like any new comer except we went to a diamond line and waited there. Extremely bad customer service!

2. Our room: Our room was filthy. We had to put towels on the couches to dare sit down and the room smelled like someone used smoking vapors. We went to report it guest services and there was a 40-50 person waiting line and only 2 people at the desk. I waited in line for 50 mins to finally reach someone and explain the condition of the room. The next day the entire room was cleaned correctly. Why wasn't it cleaned properly the first time. As we walked to our room all of our party was noticing a musty order in the halls to our room. We inquired and were told they were aware of the problem and were replacing it. Again we had to endure that smell for 9 days.

3. Food and seating: Unlike other cruise lines we have taken there was only one place to eat for lunch or dinner unless you paid the price to get a special meal. The breakfast had no special omelet station. You had to go up and order it through another server and given a number. Most of the other items were the same everyday. Nothing new and different. We actually tried the dining room for one breakfast only to receive a lukewarm breakfast for my wife and stone cold pancakes and eggs for me. The pancakes the were served were white. Unless they use a different floor than my wife, I wouldn't have eaten them any way. Upon second try, I was delivered an very hot dish with a previously cooked over easy eggs and bacon to assure a warm breakfast.

The dining room was not much better. The dinner choices were nothing special. I never seen a shrimp cocktail served with more lettuce than actual shrimp. The Caesar's salad was dressing on the bottom of Romaine lettuce. The kitchen could take the time and actually make a good Caesar salad? The prime rib and lobster night was embarrassing for your head waiter. He was called to our table because the lobster tails on three our friends dishes were brown. Unfortunately, before we could stop him, one of our friend bit into one of the tails and spit it out immediately. It was so bad. Your head waiter's comment upon inspection of the three dishes was "oh sir that should not have been served".

A further comedy was a special dessert of "mile high lemon meringue pie", what was served was a 3 inch round tart crust with lemon filling if 1/4 inch and a tear drop of meringue. What a comedy of poor food options! Our waiter had no personality Michealangelo, sadly his helper Nadia was much more personable and attentive. The waiter next to us was joyful and full of fun, all of which we lacked. It was more important for Michaelangelo to read tomorrow's menu to us. Most of the tables around us were laughing and having fun except our table. That is normally the high point of every cruise. All of the entertainment in the dinner room was done on the floor above us.

4. Our "chops" night: After having our reservations confirmed by phone by the ship for our "chops" night we arrive to find our table was taken by a group that had made their reservation 15 mins before our arrival. We demanded our table as it was in a very nice spot of the restaurant. We were told that the staff will arrange for another table, which they did near a cramped area in the rear of the restaurant by the rear lavatory entrance. Not even a "can we buy your party a drink," nothing for this inconvenience. The saving grace was that Melvin our waiter was superb. Again the food was outstanding and very obvious that if you want good food, you pay for it.

5. Pool and towels: The pool chairs were in dire need of replacement and a further consideration of getting some elderly higher chairs that are made now to make it easier for the older folks to get up out of. The towels were dispensed at the end of the smoking area. Why would Royal inconvenience their guest and have them walk through a smoke filled area to get towels when it would have been just as easy to have them on the non-smoking side.

6. TV: The TV was HD quality but the channels were ridiculous. Royal showed reruns over and over again of old shows. The CNN channel was 24 hours behind. The two espn channels were current, at least you carried the championship football games. All other program was useless even your on board programming. A what not to miss on each island would have been a helpful change for your guests.

8. Casino: The casino was so poorly vented that it was choking to sit at any antiquated machine to play. The machines were so old that one member of our party had one of the machine in his basement. None of the machines were current. The none smoking tables were opened only when the smoking tables were filled. This is such a money maker for Royal. It amazes me that you couldn't make this area more appealing.

9. Additional room issues: Our toilet stopped working twice. This time it corrected itself and we were able to flush a few minutes after we found the problem. The second was at 11:30 in the evening and again we reported it. After an hour we called again and were told the tech was on break and it would be fixed as soon as he got back on break, that was at 1:30 in the evening.

10. Beds were like sleeping on the floor: When asked the room attendant if there was anything that could be done, they added a .5 inch foam pad that made things no better. We were told that is all they could do. The pillows we had smelled like oily hair and had them continue to bring pillows until there was no odor.

11. Departure: We chose to go out unassisted and in the past we were able to leave as soon as the ship was cleared and the ramp was ground level and we were off in 10 mins. Not this departure. We were herded into the dining room and eventually into the discussing casino atmosphere in such chaos that it was ridiculous. Handling the crowd were 2 young females who had no control whatsoever. Once the green light occurred and we were able to leave, a mass crowd began to push through the dining room to customs and out the door. Not only was it dangerous but also not controlled whatsoever. People were coming down elevators and pushing into a line where patience was thin and long wait times were the normal, to put it blunt, "it got ugly". My final comment is an obvious one and that is, this will be my last Royal cruise, there was nothing Royal about this cruise.

Cruises are the cheapest and best way to go on a long trip with great food, great shows and amazing service. The quality of the cruise was amazing and the value couldn't have been better. You get a great stateroom and fun destinations for a great price. I couldn't have been to 3 countries, with that level of service and accommodations for the money, without doing a cruise. I was impressed on every level. Everything was included and made our trip flawless. The shows are amazing and you can get great seats by showing up a little early. The food could've been just a little better, but on most of my cruises, they haven't varied. I only disliked one location and that was an experience to find out for myself.

I have taken about 10 cruises with RC over the past several years. They have great service and the ships are well-maintained. There is always something to do and most things are included except excursions and alcohol. It's a little more expensive than others but it is worth it. The best cruise that I took with RC was through the Panama Canal. It was truly amazing. The 14 nights went by way too quickly with great service the whole time. Only exception is the cruise I took on Oasis of the seas. It was too big and service seemed to be geared toward a younger crowd... quite manic! But I thoroughly enjoyed every cruise prior to that.

On December 29 RCl Anthem of the Seas acknowledged my daughter-in-law's $100 gift certificate on board for my January 2 cruise on Anthem of the Seas. On four separate occasions I went to guest services to secure the credit. Credit was denied on the basis that it had to be activated December 24 10 days before the cruise. When I pointed out that the gift certificate was purchased on December 29 they would not accept The fact that they accepted the $100 even though it was after the deadline for use! Absolute fraudulent behavior.

The cruise ship was very well kept, all the staff was polite and the food was amazing. I had a great experience on the cruise. I went with my family, so it was nice that they had activities suited to all ages. The cruise had activities like ice skating, rock climbing, a wave machine, multiple pools and more. The multiple options kept everyone busy and entertained. It also had many wonderful dining options. The itinerary options were pretty good. We were able to go on a Segway tour, a zipline course and of course relaxing at the beautiful beaches.

Royal is a beautiful cross financially and elegantly between the lower end "fun" cruise lines and the upper echelon in the elite classes. There is something for everyone from kids to seniors and all interests in between. There are lots of stuff to do, see and watch onboard. Itinerary is getting a little redundant but I'm sure that happens out of any port. They have excellent inclusions, dining is incredible and service and shows are excellent. Also, staff is always topnotch and there is a huge focus on cleanliness and safety. The cruise is top quality and it's WELL worth the money! Can't beat the value provided with Royal! Once you choose Royal you will be disappointed to float with any other line!

It was a great cruise but the heavy cabin doors exacerbated my shoulder problems. The dining room was great and our cabin steward was wonderful. But as a vegetarian I had a problem with the buffet because I don't eat meat and the other options were not at the right temperature. The long time in port allowed many options. However, the options for the 'programs' were mentioned but not offered which was disappointing. We could have paid less than we did.

I am reviewing my last cruise with Royal Caribbean aboard the Enchantment of the Seas on October 28, 2016. We had a decent size party celebrating the 50th birthday of a family member. Unfortunately, there were multiple issues with this cruise. First, there were other large parties on board and they had reserved several spaces on board the ship on a couple nights. Because of this, we were told that unless we're with that party we could not utilize these spaces. This information should have been presented to us so that we could make an informed decision about cruising or they should have reduced my cost since they reduced the amount of the ship I could use. Secondly, the waters were rocky (not their fault) so we had to skip a port. I suppose that due to the missed stop, the kitchen staff was overwhelmed. The majority of the time that we attempted to get room service we could not get anyone to answer the phone.

However, when we went to my aunt and uncle’s suite the phone was answered immediately. I totally understand paying special attention to your higher paying clients but I do not understand ignoring anyone else. When we got home I reached out to the Crown and Anchor group for assistance but got nothing. In fact they offered to put $50 on my account towards my next cruise which I promptly refused. At this point my next cruise may never happen as I've already began to research other lines. All in all this experience has soured our opinion of RC, our guests that had never cruised before are refusing to cruise again, and in return we were offered $50. Just keep that in mind when you consider this cruise line! I booked through Costco and plan to advise them of the poor experience as well. Maybe pressure from a booking agency will get their attention.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines third party telemarketers have been harassing us with no less than 2 calls a day. We tried to have our number removed and they have another office call. I call their corporate office and was told sorry. It's sad that they're so desperate for business that they have resorted to flat out harassment. When my wife and I decide to take a cruise they will be our last choice.

This cruise line is luxurious, but not stuffy. The food was amazing, the staff was super friendly and helpful and the places we went to were beautiful. Royal Caribbean goes to so many places, and it's almost hard to pick one itinerary. It has activities for all ages, from young kids to senior citizens. There are so many things to do, and when you factor in the amazing food, this is a terrific value. The food inclusion was the best, but it would be great if drinks were included too.

Nothing really major, but a lot of little things that really made the whole dining experience very displeasing. This was our 3rd RC Cruise (Freedom of the seas, December 24th Christmas cruise) and I must say we were very disappointed with our 5:30pm dining experience In the Isaac Room. On day 2, I requested a garden salad and was told that only the Caesar salad was on the menu tonight. I thought our waiter was joking and told her "I'm sure you could find some vegetables in the back and mix them in with some romaine lettuce." She again told me No and that it wasn't on the menu. In disbelief and not to make a scene I settled for a Caesar salad. Really?

Next day I didn't care for any of the desserts on the menu and had a craving for a slice of plain cheesecake and if possible some strawberries on it. Again I was told that there was no cheesecake on the menu. I questioned if she could find a slice in the back and she smiled and said no. The next day I made the same cheesecake request and was told that the cheesecake on there was a plain with lemon on it. I told our waiter that I didn't care for lemon and again I said "I'm sure you can find a plain slice of cheesecake." She told me "no" and again that it wasn't on the menu!

This "not on the menu stuff" went on for 4 more days so I had to settle for what was only on the menu and could not deviate. Even when I wanted extras it was done with reluctance. We were served cold food on three occasions and 2 times we were brought servings we didn't order and had to wait for the correct order to come out and then it was cold. Night 2, I asked if I could start my dinner with a cup of coffee as soon as I sat down. You would think by day 3-5 I wouldn't have to ask for a coffee every time? But I did.

Breakfast down in the dining area was not any better. Between the rock hard dry toast and the uncooked hash browns and sitting for 20 minutes before our order for two was taken, it was all quite terrible. After waiting 20 minutes and watching 2 other tables who sat down after my wife and I did, we watched them finish their meals before our orders were taken. Then this waiter took our orders after taking the table next to us who had 8 at their table. He put in our order with theirs and we had to wait another 20 minutes for our food to arrive with the other table who sat down after us. He handed out all the other 8 dishes then came and gave us ours. You think asking for ketchup would not be a big deal but that took another 5 minutes.

Were not offered any pastries while others were being served. I had to get up and ask a waiter if he could bring my wife a blueberry muffin and if I could get a cup of coffee. It was like we were invisible! The whole time the dining room was not busy. Maybe only 6-7 tables around including ours. Never have I been treated too poorly on a RC Cruise before. I booked another thanksgiving cruise (ID **) as soon as we got on board the first day (before we ate) and now really regret it. If I would have waited to book at the end of this last cruise, I can assure you that I would not have done another Royal Caribbean Cruise. So much for being a Crown & Anchor member. Didn't get us anything. I don't know what can be done now since this is all after the fact but I am sorry to say I am thinking hard about looking for another cruise line. Not very happy.

I have been on many cruises on various cruise lines including Royal Caribbean and my last experience was a horror story! The food was served cold, and had to be sent back several times which is unacceptable by any stretch of the imagination! The food was mostly tasteless and was not served in an attractive manner! As far as the Customer Service Desk is concerned, the staff was by far not "customer friendly"!

I asked, on the four day cruise three days in a row concerning my onboard credit (I'm Platinum on Royal Caribbean cruise line) which should have amounted to $75.00. Each time I approached the staff concerning this matter all I received was a "song and dance" routine with one excuse after another as to the reason I did NOT receive my onboard ship credit! I will never again book a Royal Caribbean cruise again or on any other "sister ships" with any reference to Royal Caribbean! I would also submit that the entertainment provided nightly was way below poor!!!

We recently returned from a 24 nt Royal Caribbean cruise from Seattle to Sydney. The ship, service, and cruise were 5/5 but as we found out, their pricing policy was a rip off. We booked early in April/2016 for the Oct. 8/2016 cruise to allow for additional travel bookings. Once on board, we found out RC had dumped 1500 tickets at 60-70% below what we paid. After numerous attempts to contact RC, all we were told was that as we booked through Priceline (Cruise.com), there was nothing RC could or would do about it. We were told by RC in Apr. that once the final payment was made there would be no further price reductions. Every time I noticed a price drop, I call Priceline, who had to contact RC, and I was allowed 2 very small reductions, but nothing like the ones sold in Australia. I'm pissed at being ripped off by so much $.

We usually cruise with another cruise line - Royal Caribbean has always been portrayed as being better, so we (25 in total) were all really excited. Couple of first-time cruisers with us too, really had their hopes up. Unfortunately, we were very quickly disappointed. The ship was dirty, trash and stacks of dishes lying around while staff members wandered around aimlessly with empty hands and empty trays. Witnessed more than one walk by a mess, clearly look at it and just keep walking.

They were also rude. The servers, bartenders, guest services associates, stewards, you name it. We had issues every single day, with more than one. At one point the steward let himself in our room and informed us it was time for cleaning. I get that it's inconvenient, but we didn't pay to be on a cruise so we can be thrown out of our room. The guest services associate accused me of lying about the internet not working.

The maintenance of the ship was ridiculous. I get that stuff needs done, sometimes it is unexpected and can't be left. But every single day there was something. Stacks of lounge chairs piled up in front of the elevators for hours, hallways blocked for whatever reason, and at one point we went up to the sports deck while the wave rider was open (which was not all day) to find that the hallway had just been painted. We only knew because the paint roller and tray had been left out. No tape, no employee, no signs.

The movie theatre handicap section was a joke. An afterthought. Loose chairs and empty spaces located behind the last row of seats. Directly behind that was a curtain, and on the other side of that was an employee who handed out the 3d glasses. They kept rudely opening the curtain during the movie so they could watch, flooding the area we had to sit with light. They also talked super loud with other employees.

The food was disgusting. No way the food was made from scratch like they claim. There was an issue with every meal. Orders were made wrong, server rushed us through everything, had an attitude. They frequently closed the buffet as well, even when the sign said specifically they were open. The people who stood in the hallway leading to the buffet were annoying and pushy about hand sanitizer. Downright nasty to anyone who didn't want to use it. We used it, but look up why lots of places are not using it. It's not helping anything at all!

We all got incredibly sick too. While we were leaving the boat my sickness was just beginning. I could barely carry my luggage I was so weak. I felt that I was getting sick - I turned and told the lady I was going to be sick, I needed to get to the bathroom but she blocked me and told me to go all the way to the other end of the ship. I couldn't make it, threw up on the deck. Not one employee asked if I was okay, if I needed anything, made no attempt to clean it up even. I would've even helped had they brought anything out. But really wouldn't have been an issue had the woman just let me go to the bathroom.

The laundry service is a joke. 35 dollars a bag the size of maybe two shoeboxes. My sister's clothes were ruined, spotted yellow and smelling of mildew. The bartenders made terrible drinks. Who makes mixed drinks with smoothie mix and just dumps the alcohol on top? Royal Carribean. That's who. There was no consistency among the bars either- drinks were different every single time, and not in a good way. I could go on, but let's just sum it up here - Royal Carribean is a complete joke. We will never cruise with them again. I thoroughly regret having to go through that sham once.

Enjoyed each day & night! Everything was so planned & organized... staff friendly! I've saved twice a year for cruises and they were worth it. Truly excellent, I will return with my little group. Everything... food, entertainment, relaxation periods all inclusive -- LOVE IT! First minutes on my 1st Cruise was like a dream come true. All I had to do was relax and show up and have fun... my luck was GOOD too! My boyfriend and military associates look forward to our up and coming cruise (weather prevails) our next will be great.

Great service, many activities, friendly staff, rooms and facilities are clean, and it's the best cruise lines! Many things to do and the service staff are courteous, FUN, and make the whole experience a delight! Excellent: Great choices, not too rushed at each land port, and ease of disembarking and returning to the ship. Wonderful! Cruising with Royal is the BEST way to vacation!

My daughter is in a wheelchair and there is such ease to get her around along with the rest of my family. The staff is kind and willing to offer special treatment at dinner: They mashed up her food accordingly and place a little spring of parsley to decorate it; the dinner captain came by and greeted her each night, and our personal guy accommodated her needs. The kid's program offered her ship dollars to get a t-shirt because she was unable to do all the crafts, and the staff offered her front seat area at the performances. We save our money to cruise whenever we can, which is maybe every 8 years or so. Wish we could do it more often!

Something for everybody, covering every moment of your days at sea. It was amazing, one of my best vacations for quality. I thought the price paid was fair. Top-notch entertainment each night and periodically during the day as well. Very all-inclusive. After trying several cruise lines, I found this to be several levels in quality above my favorites. The food, service, entertainment, rooms -- all amazing. They had everything from parades down a "main street," to quiet cafes on main street that enabled you to have a specialty coffee and pastry at any hour of the day. I would not hesitate to recommend this cruise line.

Awesome Relaxing time we had. Good 5 star attendance. Quality for money. Would like more time alone with less activities. A lot to do but nice. I Loved IT!!! Relaxing. Lots to Do. Unwinding, comfortable, luxurious. Overall it was an experience for all seasons, people cultures and sensational thing to do.

The ship was beautiful, clean and had plenty of great activities as well as friendly service from all staff. Everything was solid quality, from rooms to food to activities. There can always be more bang for the buck but overall it was very good. Tons of great options, no issues there. Good variety of inclusions. Everything overall was great. I would love to get more deals in the future with regards to pricing but I had a great experience in all aspects of the trip.

First I went on an all inclusive trip to Jamaica, and there were NO hidden fees. So I wanted to try a cruise next. I just graduated with my Master's degree in education. Now I am working on my Ph.D. in Education Tech & Design. I thought I did my research and I thought I asked the right questions. When I called to make a reservation, I asked, "Is this an all inclusive trip?" The answer was yes. If I had questions as I was signing my bank account away, the reservationist would say, "We can discuss that after we take your payment." I live on an extremely tight budget. So I confirmed the price of the trip was 204 dollars for each person, answer-yes! These hidden costs should be against the law.

I have spent more time trying to figure out what to and what I need for the trip. You have to purchase your water (Really). To go onto their private island you have to rent a chair to sit on the beach (what?). You have to buy plane tickets (that was fun) and pay for your transportation to the ship and back (not inclusive). If you want a real inclusive trip to go to an all-inclusive trip to Jamaica or anywhere else. One fee, no worries, no hidden astronomical fees. I will never cruise again, and I haven't gone yet! I am so disappointed in Royal Caribbean and myself for falling for predatory company practices. Well Dec 12, I will let you know if it was worth the crippling financial responsibility and horrid travel arrangements. I expect better businesses practices in this day and age.

Compare Cruise Lines