1.29/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 26, 2018

665 Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Tonee of Jamestown, NC Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 26, 2018

I have been trying to get a solution regarding the $1200.00 charge to my credit card by Regalia Jewelers since two days after my cruise ended. They charged my card and kept the jewelry. I ordered a bracelet/ring combo on Monday or Tuesday 11/13-11/14 but decided against the expensive purchase after talking to my husband. We stopped by on Wednesday and informed a gentleman who worked there because the lady who helped me was not there. On 11/20 there was a charge on my Mastercard from the jeweler. I received a response from Lou ** that my Seapass was not charged. I informed him that the charge was on a different credit card and submitted a copy of my bank statement with the charge on 12/17/17... I have yet to receive a response. This is beyond ridiculous! It should not take months to resolve my issue.

REGALIA JEWELERS STOLE $1200.00 from me and I want it reversed. If it cannot be resolved between us, then I will have to seek legal counsel. My family and friends cruise yearly at times twice a year. The cruise we just did with your cruise line was with 30 people. This was our 2nd time with Royal, however, in the future to avoid situations like this - we will be looking at the other cruise lines we have used i.e. Carnival, Norwegian because we have never encountered an issue like this and any issues we have encountered were resolved almost immediately. To date: 05/266/18-RCCL has yet to resolve this matter! They only respond when I go to the website and complain - I receive a computer generated message and nothing else! It is signed by someone named LOU ** who never calls, emails or responds at all! MY FAMILY CRUISES TWICE A YEAR AND WILL NEVER VACATION WITH THIS CRUISE LINE AGAIN!!!

Jackie of Clearwater, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 22, 2018

Last Saturday we were told that we could not board the cruise ship Majesty of the Seas because we did not have the proper travel documents. Royal Caribbean's email to me stated that we needed passports as we were traveling to Cuba. We had passports. A passport book and a passport card. RC email to me did not specify what type of passport we needed. A far as I was concerned we had the proper travel documents and were good to go. It was disappointing, stressful and embarrassing to be told that not only could we not go on the cruise but we would not receive a refund or a reschedule date for the cruise.

There were several families in the same position as we were, and I feel that RC did not do their due diligence to make sure that their guests were notified of the proper documents needed to travel. I have spoken to RC several times. I feel like I am speaking to robots, and I have been told that they will not refund or reschedule. This is just not acceptable!!

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Bryce of Roseville, CA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 19, 2018

I'm disgusted by the customer service of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. As a first time cruiser an issue came about regarding the financial aspects of the transportation and timing of the ports and flights back to San Diego from Alaska. Yesterday was the cut off date for higher cancellation fee (50%). I'm ok and understand cancellation fees. However since we ordered through a travel agent, we were unable to cancel the trip late last night once we understood the full financial obligation of not having Vancouver back to Vancouver porting.

After immediately emailing and calling in the morning, and after our travel agent explained the situation to RCL, they were unwilling to work with us on the fee; 50% instead of 25%. This means we are out $1000. Over 12 hours of missed window. I'm just amazed a company the size of RCL won't work with customers to figure out a happy means. $1000 isn't chump change by any means. All this has assured me of is to NEVER book an RCL cruise EVER again and I will not recommend them to anyone interested in potentially cruising with them. Questions... Am I being absurd to ask for them to consider waiving this 12 hour window to adjust my penalty fee from 50% to 25%? Is it worth losing the lifetime of a customer over $1000?

Jerry of Montgomery, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 16, 2018

I bought two rooms on their ship Liberty of the Seas, to have more room with kids. So, my wife and I separated staterooms. Not having two adults in one room you can not get the deal. Plus the advertising is false and misleading. You do not get buy one get one 50% off. It is a lie. You only get 25% off. Do not buy any package that they offer. They are liars. #royalcaribbean #royalcaribbeanliars I spent 50 minutes on the phone with Al and his supervisor Catherine. They both are full of lies. Read fine print. Buying their drink packages are a scam and their wording should be illegal.

Dominique of Weston, FL Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 13, 2018

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean in the past and have had no issues. This past time, I put a $750 deposit for a future cruise and due to a family emergency, I was unable to go on the cruise. I canceled the cruise and was told they would penalize me by keeping $300 and the remainder was going to stay on my account to be used on a future cruise credit. I just called them today as I haven't received the credit, and they claim that since I cancelled one day too late (still giving them over 2 months cancellation notice) they confiscated the full amount of my deposit of $750. Honestly, I will never step foot on this cruise line again and feel there is no difference in stealing money from someone than what they have done to me! I am very disgusted with the way they have handled an unfortunate/unexpected circumstance!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

Joshua of Cumming, GA Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 12, 2018

My gf and I acted generous with tips and polite as prefer this to the alternative. The crew treated us nice and gave them utmost respect because my gf and I work in the service industry. 1st day there our housekeeper flirted with us and mentioned hanging out with the crew party on deck 3. I ate chicken on the 2nd day that made me sick for 2 days. I complained and the next day they said I had to leave on St. Marten. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is untrustworthy and is anything but Royal... Beware.

Joyce of Chicago, IL Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 11, 2018

Our cruise was cancelled because of the hurricanes last September but Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is giving us a very hard time trying to get credit for our money previously paid. They won’t give credit for all of our money paid towards our new cruise and let us use the balance onboard or refund it. Why would we want to go on another trip with them after such treatment now!!!

Julia of Sarasota, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: May 9, 2018

This was our honeymoon. We didn’t sleep for 4 nights due to men throwing and dragging chairs to clean up on the pool deck above us 12-6 am. Complained all through the night to customer service. It never stopped... shaking our cabin. The food was disgusting, even the chef's table was a SHAM. We were told we would be compensated but then they took it BACK after we got off ship. They are liars, and Royal Caribbean nickel and dimes you every step of the way. Hidden fees. Also, there’s Nothing to do on board. No shows, the casino stinks and is filthy. This is the worst thing we’ve EVER done. Do NOT sail with these people.

Victoria of Warren, MI Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: May 3, 2018

My husband and I booked a room on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. My daughter and her boyfriend booked a room on the same cruise. We were going to celebrate my 60th birthday. A few weeks later we went to add other rooms to the cruise and I was told that the cruise was listed as a code red which means no rooms can be added. I was told that either the Cruise would cancel or it would be released shortly. I called every week for 7 weeks. I was told after a couple of weeks that I could cancel and get my deposit back but they would not offer any assistance with the cost difference on a different cruise unless it canceled. So I waited. 8 weeks after the cruise was put in a code red it was canceled.

The only other cruise that was going out of the same port that weekend had gone up $425 in price since I booked the cruise. Royal Caribbean would not match the price the cruise was listed at when I booked my original cruise. They offered me a $100 onboard credit but took away the $175 onboard credit. I was told well if I had picked the other cruise from the beginning I would have gotten that price. I was supposed to guess which cruise wasn't going to be canceled.

cino of Orlando, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 22, 2018

Royal sucks. Oasis of the Sea not a real vacation. You have to make reservations for everything. They kept us waiting for hours at check in. All agents left. I'm going back to Carnival for real vacation. Customer service very rude.

Ana of Holloman Afb, NM Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 19, 2018

Bought insurance after being offer as a just in case they will be refund our money. As military family, we try to be on the safe side. But not for this insurance, is all about the small letters, they are keeping half of our cruise, about $3,000 because a deployment won't qualify as for their insurance policy. Never again Royal Caribbean, I was told I didn't do my homework, so get to pay the high price, Lesson learned. Read the insurance before you get in dirty business with this company.

Gregg of Lake Worth, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 17, 2018

On March 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM we booked three cabins for a family vacation including our two children and their spouses. On March 29 at 11:05 AM we received a message from Royal Caribbean stating that the CDC has issued a Zika warning for our destination, Cuba. Our daughter-in-law has recently suffered a miscarriage and will be trying to become pregnant again soon. After checking with the CDC and based on the information that Royal Caribbean provided, we canceled all three reservations via email at 12:24 PM on March 30. At 1:42 PM on March 30 we received the following cancellation codes **. After several calls to Royal Caribbean we were told that we will not be refunded the $600 deposits that we paid for the 3 rooms. The cruise dates were for July 2018.

Petra of Greenville, SC Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: April 13, 2018

So, I usually cruise with Royal Caribbean and we are Platinum Crown and Anchor members. My husband and I earned a cruise with them through AVON. Avon booked our room and did all the pre-arranging. I just needed to have a couple of things clarified and added. So I called their customer service number and had an agent named: WALTER - He had a strong accent (Middle Eastern I think). Right after I asked the first question he said... "Oh, you are booked under a group. I cannot help you." I said, "Ok, my name is wrong, can you fix that?" And he started this dragged out explanation why he couldn't.

Instead of listening to all he had to say and explain I interrupted the litany and said, 'OK, can you help me with a room credit we are supposed to be getting?' - He got furious and shouted at me 'Ma'am, it is rude to interrupt, please, do not interrupt me.' I responded before he finished 'Yes, I know, but I do not want to have a long drawn out answer to a very simple yes or no question.' - 'There, you see? Again you interrupt me I would like to finish my script...' - "Look dude, I am the customer, you are the customer service. I need to know who to call.' - ' Indignant 'Well, if you would let me finish the number is...' and he finally gave me the information I needed... 'Call tomorrow between 9 am and 4 pm EST'... Thanks, (click).

james of Spring Hill, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: April 8, 2018

This is the third time I have gone online over the last 2 years to see written cruise line fee on their website they will not honor. Then the agents proceed to tell try to upsell you a higher price cruise. Example, call April 8, 2018, to book a cruise from their website I saw 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise for only $698 on the Harmony of the Seas for a balcony. A great price, however, when I called the agent he told me he has only balconies for $1300's. I explain I was looking right at the price on their website for $698 while talking to him for over 10 minutes. He expresses he was aware of this issue. However is computer error as he explains it has been going on for a couple of years I have observed. False advertising to get you to call.

salvatore of Ridge, NY Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: April 2, 2018

I understand when receiving services aboard ship they are gratuity charges - fine. BUT - My Wife and I had RESTYLANE SHOTS on HARMONY OF THE SEA SHIP (3/25 3/29) by a Licensed MD Gerson **. The Total fee for this service for both of us was $ 3,OOO - (Then a gratuity charge of $ 521 was added to our bill!) Since when is there a gratuity charge for MD services??? A $521 gratuity! This was not a massage or any other services on ship...IT WAS FOR A PROCEDURE BY A MD! I would like my account to credited for this gratuity!

Jean of Mentor, OH Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: March 29, 2018

Royal cancelled our cruise. I understand Royal Caribbean is in it for the money. Not happy about it but I do understand the BIG buck talks. They cancelled our reservation because it was more money for them to charter out the ship. BUT they would not price protect us with another reservation. They cancel us and then have the audacity to increase our price $1000 to $1300 dollars more. This is for the same destinations but now we have to go at a different time. If they have to inconvenience us so they make more money, at least compensate your customers. This is unacceptable.

NANCY of Houston, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: March 23, 2018

The worst experience ever... The Casino Royal department never told me that the casino was so small and that my favorite game 3 card poker would be a $10 table and they would raise the game after we got there. And that there was only 1 table to play. Yes, I lost a lot of money, but if I had known the size and how few table games there were, I would not have gone. If they offered me a suite to go back, I would decline. We had a good experience on the Liberty of the Seas last May 2017. Lost a lot of money so that is why I got this trip for free. The slots were tight and after $1000.00 playing video poker, never got any good hands. You ask why did I keep playing, cause that is why I went on the trip was to gamble.

Ronald of San Antonio, TX Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: March 23, 2018

Sailed on Rhapsody March 2018. I have sailed 4 times with RCI and three times on the Rhapsody since 2002. Things have gradually changed for the worse. Although the crew was great. The beds left us sore and with very fitful sleep. The food was hit and miss. While walking in the Windjammer restaurant I slipped on a large puddle of liquid and went down hard. Was referred to the doctor and found the male nurse very uncaring and put out by my presence. The doctor was very nice but couldn’t offer me more than ** or **. No X-rays. Had to spend most of the rest of the trip in bed (super hard mattress). I received an offer for free WiFi but as I already had a package, nothing else so far despite this not being my fault and essentially ended my cruise on day 3.

The entertainment has also been reduced. Only found one really good show which was Bill Cook who took the time to meet the audience and gave a really good salute to veterans and active duty members of which I am one. The flag salute to the crew was also fun but the musical entertainment was very mediocre. The crew was as always excellent which is why we prefer the smaller ships. The beds alone will keep me away from RCI in the future which is sad as I have progressed to the next level within the Crown and anchor society.

Chris of Suwanee, GA Verified Reviewer
Original review: March 22, 2018

I was on Allure of the Sea 3/11-3/18. Thanks for letting me to bring home over a hundred bedbug bites! They look terrible and I feel pain and itchy all over on my arms, legs and back. Service and food in the dining room was the worst I ever have. I will never go with Royal Caribbean again!

Monica of Coral Springs, FL Verified Reviewer
Original review: March 15, 2018

Booked 6 people for the same cruise and during the reservation process I explained one of them was not sure yet. Booking agent recommended to buy the travel protection plan to get a refund if that was the case. Today I called to cancel the reservation for that person, they said I will only get a refund for taxes, fees, port expenses and a portion of the gratuities - because the protection plan will only cover a full refund if the cancellation is for both people in the stateroom, not one. If they explained this to me, I would've not booked the second person in the first place and needless to say, didn't need to pay additional $58 for the vacation protection plan. I asked to talk to a supervisor and got the same script...

There is a need for additional training on customer service to avoid what it seems like false advertising and expectations on the customer side. The scripted communication doesn't resonate with the explanation given by the booking agent. Just sharing in case you have a similar situation in the future. Even the terms and conditions in the contract is not clear about the difference between canceling for one person in a multiple reservation. There is always room for improvement.

Sharon of Plano, TX Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: March 13, 2018

My first time booking with them for an Alaskan cruise, deposited $1,000. I just received an email saying that my cruise was cancelled and deposit forfeited. The reason was I did not pay the balance on time. I was shock since there was no reminder before the cancellation. I did not mean to cancel my trip and would pay as soon as I was reminded about the due date, which I expect most merchants who value their customers' business would do. After checking with them, they insisted to forfeit my deposit as cancellation fees, and won't apply towards a new booking with the same cruise. The booking process has been a disappointment. If customer service isn't in their priority, I won't choose this cruise line and trust them for a great service on board.

Marilyn of Thornhill, ON Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We had great service on the Harmony of the Seas. Our waitstaff & room steward were outstanding and the ship was beautiful. We had booked back to back cruises to the Eastern & Western Caribbean. There were far too many sea days. Only 3 ports, including their private island. I have looked into other cruise lines and they offer 10, 12 & 14 day cruises which include many more ports. We will consider using another cruise line next time we cruise. We were on the ship during the Super Bowl. They provided hamburgers, hot dogs & nachos, but were charging $5.00 for chicken wings. Considering that this occurs only once a year and that most people did not have dinner in the dining room, this was a cheap money grab! Also, outside the entertainment venues popcorn was available at a cost of $2.50... Really!!! Another money grab for 3 cents worth of popcorn... very chintzy.

Robert of Anchorage, AK Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Last year my wife and I booked two staterooms for a 12-night cruise this May. We are each stockholders, which should entitle us to a $200 per room onboard credit. However, the company refuses to grant it, because they say we are already getting a $50 per room credit for booking early. Why should this $50 credit preclude our receiving the larger credit we are entitled to? They could remove our $50 credit to give the larger $200 instead. The shipboard agent we booked with told us this credit would be no problem, but couldn't award it until we provided proof of stock ownership. Now that we have, they are reneging on their promise.

Alfred of Aurora, CO Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

First I would like to start this was going to be my first cruise ever and I was talking to a friend who about it and they told me that Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines was a good cruise line so I decided to set up a cruise for my Wife's 50th and my 60th birthday's to celebrate this year. I went online and select what I thought was 7 day Caribbean to Bahamas, St Martin, St Thomas and Kits June 23-30 2018. I input the search for that date and a cruise came up. I chose it and made payment. I received an email and expected to receive the itinerary but I only received payment confirmation. No itinerary on email dated Feb 2 2018.

So I thought it would come later but never did. I tried to inquire the trip on-line to set up shore excursion but could not get in. I sent an email about that on Feb 2 same day as purchase and on Feb 5 still did not get answer. I called and come to find out the system set it up for June 23-30 2019 which I did not want. So I had to pay extra $522 to change the date to June 23-30 2018. OK I paid that. This time I said send me an itinerary. When I received it it was the wrong cruise. Not to Bahamas. Then I call back. They could not fix it. They would have to move it to 16-23 June 2018 but could not get same room.

At this point I was so disappointed because I had hotels set up and airplane tickets bought. Now I would have to pay more to get those changed. So after all this I decided to cancel on Feb 5th and they told me that I would have to pay $750 cancellation fee. I decided to work through my credit card company and ask for full refund for failure to provide expected service. Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines offered zero compensation. Was later contacted by a customer service associate who offered only to let me know if they get a cancellation for the cruise on the wrong dates. They have very bad customer service policies. I would rate them less than one star if the system would let me. Don't use this cruise line.

barry of Bound Brook, NJ Verified Reviewer Verified Buyer
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018 We had to pay full fare $1,200 for our son 1year old. He didnt eat as much as a full passenger. We were never advised that he was not able to use any of the pools. Had we known this we would not have booked the cruise. We spent probably around $14,000 for the rooms and wedding and gratuities. That is not including what my friends also spent on their cruise. All childcare/sitting services were charged for. There was nothing included despite that there was
nothing directly for him to do on his own or participate in. All sitting services were very limited and at inconvenient times. The times were 9am to 12noon then 7pm to midnight. So, to have a 530pm to 6pm seating for dinner meant we couldnt really drop him off. If we scheduled dinner later 7pm and after it caused

issues as the dining room "the Gatsby" would not be able to serve us appetizers and starters only main courses.

Then due to all the illnesses on board the ship they took away all the toys in the nursery. This meant that he only got to be held and handled by the staff and not able to play with any toys. The boarding process was very slow and delayed and took us about 3 hours to get on board the ship. We were a party of 7 together; as our 2 friends had handicap issues, so they were boarded immediately even before the time that was emailed to us saying we could not board until about an

Hour after the original time. We arrived at the terminal at 12:30pm and was not able to board till 3:30pm then we were told we had to go directly to the muster station for briefing. At the muster station we were never given bands for our children that were 9 and 10 years old. We found this out 2 days later that they should have bands to id them.

They never gave us youngster and infant (1yr old) life preservers until we requested it, even though all our ages were a requirement for our pre-boarding which did nothing to increase the speed of our boarding the ship. The itinerary of the cruise was what attracted us to the cruise. We were supposed to go to Cococay

which we were planning on doing some beach stuff including some snorkeling, that part of the trip was cancelled and we stayed another day at Nassau, which was unplanned. The itinerary of the cruise changed once again due to problems with the steering equipment. This caused the ship to be once again delayed. The 10 day cruise became a 12 day cruise.

This was an inconvenience and caused me to miss days at work. With a family of 7 to get back home it was not convenient to accept other transportation from Port Canaveral to the airport with the 7 of us, 5 of which are children and being our 1st cruise we way overpacked and it would have been a major hardship for us to do anything but get off the ship in Baltimore and pack up our car. So you can see how much we overpacked, the inside of our car was packed, and we had stuff tied to the roof. In addition, our children had to miss 1 additional day of school, and our 1 year old missed 1 day more of his daycare which we pay for regardless of whether he attends or not.

The ship was very rocky and there was a lot of motion of the ship. We didnt exactly have a great Honeymoon as the ship was rocking so bad on the 1st few days and even continued throughout Most of the cruise. The ocean was so bad and the small size of the ship caused us to be tossed Into the walls as we walked to our staterooms. Our 1 year old could not even navigate the room As the ship would sway so badly during most of the cruise. Our 9 year and 10 year old sons both got rashes from the pool. Most of the time the amenities were closed. The rock wall and pools were closed for the majority of the Cruise. Illness. As soon as the cruise started the severe motion made a lot of us not feel very well. This caused us to spend a lot of time in bed instead of doing other things around the ship, even though the amount of stuff to do was very limited.

Our son Pawel was the 1st to be affected and afflicted by the gastrointestinal bacteria that would soon take over in the ship. Over the next few days most of us in our party of 9 would be affected by the bacteria. The 1st time that we utilized the childcare service to go out on our specialty restaurant romantic dinner, that was part of our wedding package, it was cut short by the beeper going off and the child care service telling us that our 1 year old had vomited. He vomited a few times later that night with us, then took 12hrs to get back onto food. After he vomited at the nursery We had to go pick him up and our romantic evening was stopped and dampened.

I also was one of our party affected by the Gastrointestinal bacteria and from experience I can tell you that after I got it the rest of the cruise was not fun for me, my stomach was never the same till after we got home so the majority of the cruise my appetite was off and I could not eat and enjoy the food on the cruise as much as I would have liked. My wife 2 days before the end of the cruise was affected by the gastrointestinal bacteria and this ruined her cruise experience along with the severe motion of the ship from the start. The gastrointestinal bacteria caused the staff to have to handle all food and drink and silverware and plates and made it for a very uncomfortable experience as all of the door and railing and grips were always wet and with the ship swaying you always had to touch the wet grips/railings, even the elevator buttons were wet all the time. This whole experience was very uncomfortable.

Due to the large party of 9 and this intestinal bacteria that plagued the ship and affected a number of us in our party we were not able to leave the ship for many of the ports. We were unable to go into Charleston as Pawel was sick then. Only 3 of us was able to go into Freeport and get off the ship and we only left the ship in Nassau for a few hours forcing ourselves to go out into the town, the next day the ship cancelled going to Cococay and stayed in Nassau but most of us were sick with Gastrointestinal problems and we all spent the day in the rooms sleeping it off. It was not the honeymoon/family vacation that we intended on taking. With all the money we spent our experiences should have been much better.

We couldnt even eat and enjoy our Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries that were included in our wedding package, the $2000 Intimately Yours package, or our romantic private dinner for 2 that was stopped short due to the gastrointestinal bacteria that plagued the ship. The ship was not very kid friendly as it was portrayed, more of an adult cruise, as the indoor pool had an age restriction and the outdoor pool was closed most of the time and either way we could not take our 1 year old into the pool only the small shower to get wet with water. I think that there should be some substantial reimbursement to make up for the horrible experience that we all had to endure. My wife said that she would never go on the Grandeur of the Seas again. It was a very bad 1st cruise experience. This was a very unenjoyable experience for all of our party.

Lilia of Epping, Other Verified Reviewer
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had great time at the ship, but the problems started after we arrived to our final destination Sydney. The suitcases were packed in groups, we found ours and left. At the port was very crowded and there was no space to carefully check the luggage. We found at home that one suitcase had crack on the bottom, near the wheels. We contacted RB, but they refused to pay as we did not reported the damage at the port. They dismissed the explanation that the suitcases were standing on their wheels at the port and there was no chance to see the damage unless you lay the suitcase on the floor. However, there were no space to lay the suitcase on the floor, so it was Catch 22 situation. The suitcase is Samsonite, plastic, so our cruise suddenly become much more expensive. Really disappointed of RC response!

Julie of Alta Loma, CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

The port selections have been great, the food very good. I especially enjoyed having raspberries for breakfast with my entrees! The staff is friendly and helpful and I didn't feel a ripple on the ship!

Miriam of Indianapolis, IN Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We book a cruise to Cuba back in May 2017. We received an email in December 2017 stating that our excursion was cancelled because they had to changed our ship. Our excursion was $49 per person. Royal advised us to go back in and rebook the excursion. When we went back in to rebook, the excursion was $89 per person. I called and was told that there was nothing they can do about the price. My husband and I are not happy simply because the cancellations and changing ships was not our fault. Therefore, RC should honor the original price. We will not book any excursion and this will be our last Royal Caribbean Cruise. We will continue to stick with Carnival because our experience with them has always been pleasant.

L. V. of South Padre Island, TX Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

If you are trying to go to the Caymans, it's at your own risk, because that port is often not visited due to weather. That is not in their brochures. If you don't care about visiting ports, it doesn't matter. This is my experience. We spent five days of a seven day trip on the boat after departing six hours late and waiting to get into our room another two hours. Some people had to wait even longer. They paid us each $25 for that delay.

A of S.M., CA Verified Reviewer
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We cruised with RCL 4 times. 2 times had problems. That is 50% fail rate!!! This was the dirty water that we showered and I dipped toothbrush in this water and put in mouth. RCL employee explained it is as if a normal and unavoidable thing. I don't accept your apology and compensation because of your attitude. He said that it was iron deposit. Download high resolution photo from these 2 links to see if the fluffy things were iron deposit or something else 1. http://oi59.tinypic.com/33trx4x.jpg 2. http://oi58.tinypic.com/2w3p4j7.jpg. Customers who cancel shore excursion less than 48 hrs arriving port will have penalty. RCL canceled our excursion less than 24 hrs not because of weather reason but because of profit reason without considering the impact on customer.

That was the excursion that my kids were excited about. We will have to reroute future cruises to that port. RCL, guess what cruise line names are on considering list? Not you!!! We are scared to be cancelled by you one more time. Other cruise lines probably have the same terms & conditions but you was the first one that crushed my kids vacation excitement that could be prevented by proposed alternative solution that you still could make/lose little profit. The worst part is your employee attitude when they canceled excursion and we complained.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded in 1968 and has since developed two unique destinations, Labadee and CocoCay; it also sails to numerous popular worldwide cruise destinations.

• Adventure Ocean youth program: Adventure Ocean provides kid-friendly activities for babies, tweens and teens.

• Flexible dining experience: Dining options range from casual dining venues to sophisticated meals in the dining hall.

• Onboard casino: Gambling enthusiasts can take a seat at the Roulette table or slot machines while sailing to the next destination.

• Performances: Movie fans can enjoy watching Tony award-winning performances.

• Pre-sailing communication: Guests can take advantage of itinerary updates and online check-in; these updates let them know what is available to cut the wait time and when it's time to board the ship.

• Best for: The Royal Caribbean liner is best for active adults and families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs