2.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

818 Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I had booked a trip with Royal Caribbean for Xmas to the Bahamas. A week before the cruise, I, unfortunately, had a heart attack and had stents put in my arteries. I cancelled the cruise and per Royal Caribbean guidelines and request, I sent them the medical record and a letter from the Doctor stating that I could not travel and would not be able to travel for a few months. All my other accommodations (hotel, airfare, rental car) all refunded my money. Royal Caribbean decided they were going to just steal my money and not refund me a single penny of the over $1800 cruise that I paid for myself and my daughter. Then they lied on the BBB complaint I did and claimed they refunded taxes and offered me a 1/2 credit.

That is not true at all. They offered me nothing and I never got a penny from Royal Caribbean. I am in the process of the dispute and medical claim with my credit card company, which I believe the credit card company will reimburse me the full amount. It is disgusting how I was treated by Royal Caribbean in this matter and I told them they were stupid as I will book another cruise with my daughter when I am able, but it most certainly will not be with Royal Caribbean. I will tell everyone possible NEVER to use Royal Caribbean.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My husband and I cruised with Royal Caribbean and had a wonderful time, so great that we checked while on board to book the next one. The next cruise is not until 09/19. We found out today that we will not be able to make the cruise because of other family obligations that just arose. I called to cancel with Royal Caribbean expecting to pay a 200.00 cancellation fee which was shared with me by the cruise planner. I was told today that because I booked the cruise on the ship my 900.00 will not be returned. I was told that he was sorry I was misinformed and that I was given the wrong info, with the receipt showing 200.00 nonrefundable, rules I was not getting my deposit, 900.00 is a lot of money to me. Sad part is I have enjoyed Royal Caribbean in the past.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Royal Caribbean – The Booze Cruise Garbage Scowl of the Seas. Disgusting, filthy, old, rude employees, nasty food and stopped up toilets. I have taken several cruises but not in the last 10 years. I feel so sorry for people that “save” for a cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have traveled all around the world. Don’t waste your money on Royal Caribbean. Fly direct, take the trains, stay at a Best Western. ANYTHING is better and we had a suite. We left the ship in Key West. It was so horrible. With no refund that’s how bad it was. We even were charged The Jones Act Fee of $778 per person – so what just get me off this garbage scowl. No wonder why their ships come back to port with gastrointestinal Norovirus. MOST importantly Royal Caribbean cares less. They got your money and once you board you become a prisoner to filth and other issues.

We took a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Majesty of the Seas 5-day cruise. The only reason why was to go to Cuba as it docked overnight there. BAD decision. We could have flown to Cuba and stayed in a nice hotel and got our travel visas on our own. So, just to highlight a few issues: the buffet is disgusting and no service in the café. The dining room food is like eating at Denny’s and that is the sit-down dinner. Gross. The 90’s were calling back for our suite décor and the room was filthy, stained carpets, rust, bathroom smelled like an outhouse, dated dirty bedding and no room service. The Chef’s Table excursion, okay a step up from Denny’s maybe like an Outback Steakhouse at best. The pool, rude servers, not enough lounge chairs, cheap bottom shelf alcohol, disgusting mixers, and really bad entertainment. The staff hardly spoke English on the ship. Guest relations – a joke. They do not care at all. All they do is nod, “sorry madam”.

So, when we literally jumped ship it was that bad I called just for the heck of it to Royal Caribbean corporate. I am echoing other’s experiences as well. Since I have called multiple times and have been able to get nowhere with their customer service department or executive team as they truly don’t care. I will post my review to any and all Cruise websites that I can come across. I highly recommend avoiding Royal Caribbean International if you have plans of taking a cruise. If you have any problems their customer service is not interested in listening or resolving them. They don’t care about you only your money and they are horrible! The times I cruised a decade ago, cruising was elegant and top notch service and that was on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. They have gone from an 8 to a big epic zero fail. Cruiser Beware!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Family Cruiser Beware! I want to share my family cruise experience with anyone interested. We are a family of seven, so it takes two cabins for my husband, two 12 yr. old boys, one 5 yr. old and 4 yr. old boys, and 10 yr. old girl. My husband and I like to cruise frequently for our gambling and food fixes. This time we took a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Majesty of the Seas 5-day cruise.

Day 1. Boarding was smooth and efficient. The Windjammer buffet was so crowded with nowhere to sit, the staff started stopping people at the door and announcements for guests to leave the tables when they were done eating to accommodate others coming in. The food stations were CROWDED. The hamburger and hot dog stations were not too bad to get to and they kept those stations throughout the full cruise. The Pizza was delicious throughout the cruise, but it closes around 3 am and does not reopen until lunch the next day. Only one soft serve Ice Cream station available and frequently the ice cream was too soft because the number of passengers. It was locked up after 10 pm, so late night ice cream was not an option during this cruise.

Our inside cabins were so SMALL and old, the shower heads were green, the base of the showers was bowing away from the wall/baseboard. There was virtually no storage and the cabin steward stored their 4 life vests in what little closet space you had. If you wanted Ice, it was upon request only and sometimes it was a stressful time trying to get it. I needed a fan related to hot flashes in such a small stuffy room, guest service was efficient in arranging one to be delivered to me for use during the cruise. The main dining room was wonderful, and we had the best service from Rosemary and Maha.

Day 2. The 12 yr. old boys had no structured activities during the day in their designated activity room. Their activities routinely began at 8 pm. 12 to 17 shared a large room with a lot of sofa-like seating with a large flat screen TV, adjacent was a small more secluded area with sofa-like seating and a smaller TV. These kids came and went as they pleased, no registering required. Can you imagine if you had a 12-yr. old daughter alone in a room with several 16-17-year-old boys! Imagine what could happen! Royal Caribbean should think about that.

I did mention this to guest services on the ship and to Arya at the customer service 1 (800) 256-6649. I would like to mention that there was no computers or video (Wii, Xbox, or PlayStations for any of the kids and my 12 yr. old boys said they couldn’t have card games in their club because the staff said people would steal it. So, no games or cards available for them, but there were some magazines in the room. The boys ran the ship eating and hanging with new found friends but complained about not having much fun and feeling a little bored.

Day 3. The 12 yr. old boys said one of their friends did not feel well, but it was not brought up until that evening. Both boys were sick with vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and headaches. This day we decided to take the 4 & 5-year-old to the little water play area, swim trunks and sunblock and they were ready. We like staying on the ship while in port to enjoy some things without the crowds. The one area had a slide, but they were not tall enough to be allowed to use it, so they only got to stand in front of the three small sprinkler poles to get wet. The other side had a small double slide, so we took them over there and was told they were too big and since they didn’t wear swim diapers they couldn’t play there, it was for babies and little toddlers.

We talked the staff member in letting them at least slide down once and wait until a little one comes, needless to say three minutes later- their fun was over! I went to the general store on this day to get my husband cigarettes and something to take back to coworkers. Nothing had prices, so I had to ask how much each brand of cigarettes cost, and I was asking how much the fudge, candy, rum cakes, etc. were and the man acted as if I was bothering him by his voice tone and body language. I had enough! I called him out on it and told him if there were prices I would not be asking. I bought the cigarettes but nothing else.

Day 4. I called the medical facility in the morning to ask if they had anyone reporting vomiting and diarrhea as the 12 yr. old boys were. They told me to bring them down and let the doctor evaluate them - no cost. One of them was much worse than the other and the doctor (who was kind, attentive) mentioned about IV fluids may be needed. We opted for one to get IM **, the other a ** under the tongue. As an ICU nurse, I did notice hand hygiene was not a priority. The male nurse had the pill in the palm of his hand, never wore gloves for the injection in the butt, which he gave the injection over at least 2 minutes with the needle in place, this was not necessary. Only IV ** needs to be given slowly.

The male nurse told the boys they did not need to follow the diet guidelines the doctor instructed them on, but I told them we would be following dietary guidelines to rest the gut and try to slow the nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. After the ** (anti-emetic) the boys were feeling better and started getting hungry. We had a list from the doctor on what was recommended and since the boys had to be quarantined to their room, room service would have to deliver bottled water and food to them.

This was a joke and very stressful. Arguing with room service to try and get food for them rest the cruise was not fun. Once they sent ½ cup applesauce with one set plasticware, 2 boiled chicken breasts and 5 crusted rolls. I called to get more applesauce and 2 sets of plasticware and they sent 2 larger cups with an inch of applesauce in it (maybe ¼ cup). I visited guest services to try and get some food items and Hara was kind and helpful, but even though the doctor gave us a paper with yogurt on it, room service still never gave it to the boys. On a good note - room service for my room each morning for coffee and continental breakfast was timely and accurate, only if I could say the same for the boys being in quarantine.

Day 5. We arranged to be the first off the ship because of the quarantine it had to be first off or last off. I was over this cruise - so first off. Hara arranged for the boys to have 2 pancakes each on their own plate with an apple and banana and a bottle of water to be delivered at 6 am, because we were having assistance with our luggage coming at 6:30 to our rooms to go to guest services by 6:45 am. I got up at 5:15 to make sure we were all up and dressed to be standing at the buffet when they unlocked the doors, so rest of us could have breakfast. Upon returning to the room at 6:25 am, only to find the boys got NO FOOD. I tried to call room service from their room with no answer, went to my room and they answered and said “no room service today”. I said Hara had arranged it, still denied.

I called guest service and they said they would call Hara and have her call me - I said I was waiting for the help with luggage-or was this a lie also. As soon as I hung up someone appeared to help, he took down 2 suitcases and then came back and we followed him down to guest services. Hara was there, and I told her about room service and I was MAD, that she needed to give me a room credit because I must stop on the way home and get food. She said she was giving me $100 credit. I accepted this and was less upset. She even arranged for someone to bring the boys food, upon delivery she was there to see no pancakes - shortly after a man came with the boys some pancakes. One ate both, the other ate one of them, plus their apples - the bananas did not look great, so they did not take those. Hara escorted us off the ship and directly to the customs desk. My only regret - I forgot to give her a tip!

The ship does not have movie channels on the cabin TVs and I did not bring any activities for the kids because cruise ships usually have things for kids to do, so imagine the LONG BORING day in quarantine the two boys had! I shared this whole disastrous cruise vacation with Arya at customer service 1 (800) 256 - 6649, even sent her the pictures I had, and she called me back and was going to give me a future cruise credit for one day for two people. Can you believe that! I said give me the money instead of the future cruise credit because I am not going on another Royal Caribbean cruise after this one. So, locked up in a room for a full day with nothing to do and barely anything to eat and me having to fight to get them what they did get, I told her FORGET IT!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

November 2018 left Sydney for NZ. Had our dinner after a long line up and waiting but was enjoyable. Went back to our room thinking we would be able to select a movie. No such luck, all they had was about the ships events and kids programs very poor, the volume was crap, put it on one channel and you would hardly hear it. Next channel it was deafening. Shows very very disappointing no variety. Displays in the walkway of deck 4 not on making it hard to get passed especially at dinner time. We were booked in for any time dining but that wasn't the case. You had to book a certain time to dine or you could wait till a table became available.

Outdoor movie screen what a let down, situated at the side of the pool which is the smokers deck, [not good for kids health] kids yelling etc, deck chairs in the viewing line, out in the heat. A ship this size you would think the would have movies in the auditorium. 4800 guest and they can't cook a piece of toast on both sides. Royal Caribbean you are money hungry not guest friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We booked our first and probably only trip on Ovation of the seas to visit NZ on a twelve day trip departing Sydney in November. Found out as getting ready to board that most of trips to South Island canceled and only went to Picton for brief stopover. Understand this was apparently due to bad weather but no other options offered just sailed for three boring days. Feel we only got half of what we paid for. We particularly wanted to visit South island. Very disappointed as this trip was to celebrate our golden wedding anniversary. Offered no alternatives or any sort of remuneration. Too bad so sad bad weather. Realize passenger safety was issue but should have contingency plan to cover such events.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I am scheduled to sail with Royal Caribbean (Oasis of Seas) on Jan 20th 2019. There was an outbreak of Norovirus on the same ship one week prior to our sail date. There were more than 450 people sick on board. I have 2 kids under the age of 8 years. I do not feel comfortable in taking my family on a ship which had an episode like this just few days to my departure. I called up Royal Caribbean and requested that they refund my money or rebook me for another future date. I followed up with them for more than 4 days but no answer.

Finally one of their supervisor named Vanessa said that, "It is not our problem that you do not want to sail with us. We are not honoring any of the above requests." I explained her that in addition to the lost cruise money, I have to take loss on my flight tickets as well. I have to bear a loss of 4K just because Royal Caribbean is not honoring the fact that a customer doesn’t feel safe in traveling because of what happened on their ship. This is so frustrating because I wanted the cruise line to be more helpful and empathetic.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We sailed on Dec 29 2018, the food was ok, service was very good. The big problem is they played the music so loud we had our ears were ringing after every event, no matter where you went. It was impossible to talk in the piano bar. I talked to a purser and got a that's the way it is. We finally had to forgo some events because of the noise.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My family sailed from Miami Dec. 17th 2018 to Cuba, we weren’t even on the ship and our itinerary had changed, it changed numerous time throughout our cruise, we were cut short two ports only two try a makeup port in Jamaica for a few hours. Our ac was broken for two days, only after a second complaint was it repaired only to leave the two rooms and throughout the ship Hot. Me and my aunt being Cuban born American spent 227.00 for only one Cuban port, Many people were complaining and customer service was rude and offer no solutions. A six-day cruise with 4 days at sea is extremely Boring. Empress of the sea was a nightmare cruise and will never sail with Royal Caribbean again, this was my fourth and last.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Stay away from Royal Caribbean!! I booked my cruise back in Sept. and noted my payment dates due in Jan and Feb in my notes. I received confirmation for my deposit booked and nothing stated anything about payment dates. They sent me an invoice with only one week to pay over the holidays. I didn't check this as I was under the impression it wasn't due yet. They ended up canceling my reservation and so I called about it when I saw it (after the new year's holidays) and they were not able to help me. They wanted to charge me over $3,000 for something that was booked for $1,800.

First I was on hold for an hour trying to get through, got up from my desk for 2 mins. Came back and must have picked up when I left, called back on hold for another 1 hour... Then after 1 hour of talking to them found out there isn't anything they can do. They took my deposit and I am left without a vacation planned when I already paid for hotel rooms (non-refundable rates). $1,000 down the drain! I have gone on Royal Caribbean previously and unless they fix this I will never go on again and make sure I spread the word!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Dec 3, 2018 Sailing. The service is terrible. Staff needs to be trained. Staff is clueless, my daughter fell down the stairs and not even an icepack offered. Food nothing to brag about, no flavor. Noises at 4 am next to my window. I cut my skin with the shower handle. Plumbing issues every day, I was not the only one on deck 2 with the toilet not flushing. They lost our birth certificate and driver's license information. Not sure how if they scanned it at the port so we had to provide it on the 3rd night, mind you we had the last stateroom all the way at the end 6254. Not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My family cruise every year (Carnival) and decided to try another cruise line besides Carnival, and we chose Royal Caribbean (Independence of the Seas). Needless to say the biggest mistake. To begin with, our itinerary was modified and we received notice less than 24 hours before boarding and was not given a chance to inquire if we could cancel and save our cruise for another time. I understand that things happen and for safety itineraries can change; however, at least give us something comparable to what we paid for. No, not the case, our only option was Labadee Haiti, and none of my family wanted to go there. This was not comparable to Cozumel Mexico, and when I tried to ask for a small compensation the customer service was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE! Even if there was nothing no one could do, at least listen and provide the best accommodations (e.g. free drink, meal, % off excursions).

Royal Carribean monopolized and capitalized by only allowing us access to their "private island" in Haiti where we could only participate in "their" excursions (which were overly priced), and not worth the money. They advertise offering complimentary lunch at one of the three restaurants... Nooo, it was a covered hut (picnic) that was the same food from the ship prepared by the same cools on the ship. When you pay to go out of the country, you want to feel as though you are out of the country. I did not feel as if I was out of the country. We were given mediocre experience and was not allowed to venture out where the locals were, or book anything outside of what Royal Caribbean offered. I have never been so disappointed, and my family was very unhappy. We saved year long to finally enjoy each other out of the country and Royal Carribean ruined this experience.

There were barely any free locations to eat on the ship, the customer service in the bar, casino, even guest services was horrible. It was a total of 13 of us and we are highly upset and disappointed. They treated us like we did not pay for services, and more like "you should be thankful for Royal." Haaa, umm nooo, you should be thankful. We are consumers and should be treated much better than chopped liver. We booked another cruise before we left on Royal, and we are canceling all of the reservation. My family and I are telling everyone PLEASE DO NOT CRUISE WITH ROYAL CARRIBEAN! EVERRR.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Mediocre food, horrible customer service, first and last Royal Caribbean Cruise EVER... I’d rather travel the Atlantic in a canoe. They would only offer a 15% credit on a next cruise rather than compensate me unnecessary expenses I paid due to their lack of knowledge of their policies. I was unable to leave a review on Facebook... hmm... wonder why they don’t allow reviews on Facebook???

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Last year my husband got sick. Ended up in the ER - gastrointestinal infection. I filed a report and sent a Facebook message when everything happened last year. I get a message on Facebook that they will forward this issue on. Never heard back until I complained about a refund. I was told that in order for Royal Caribbean to assist their guests, they needed the guest to report the illness while onboard. We told one of the crew members that my husband was stuck in his room, they did nothing, next day we docked in Florida and flew home. WOW, it's like they don't give a **. Then to top it off, we booked a Mediterranean cruise and canceled a year in advance and mind you, we were never told that $200 would be non-refundable, not even when booked this cruise. Here is the message I got, "I'm sorry for any confusion."

We make guests aware of the promo that is picked in the invoice we send after booking." So in other words Royal Caribbean is being deceitful to their customers and not disclaiming all the information when you're signing a contract for your next Cruise. It's after the fact. This to me is illegal. We will no longer be using Royal Caribbean. Any cruise line who lies, is deceitful and pulls this crap after the fact about, reporting the illness onboard is not worth my time and day, even when we did report it. Also note, crew members were sick and other people were sick too on this ship. Our cruise was January 7, 2018, Allure of the Seas.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

"NEXT CRUISE" BOOKING From Hell with salesperson. IF INTENDING TO BOOK FUTURE CRUISES ON BOARD, it might be a good idea to have already signed up for the internet so you can take your phone, tablet or laptop with you to make sure they are offering you the best deal... My partner and I recently cruised on the Explorer of the Seas from 27 November to 8 December 2018 to the South Pacific. This was our second cruise with RC having had a wonderful experience on Voyager of the Seas previously.

On day one of the South Pacific cruise, we went to the ‘next cruise’ section and spoke with a person called **. We advised him we were looking at doing a cruise on the Ovation of the Seas in 2020 for 3 people - a 12-day cruise around New Zealand. ** told us the Grand Balcony Suites were the cheapest suites onboard Ovation (Lie 1) and that he had only one available on deck 6 (Lie 2). He did not mention to us during any part of our conversation with him that it was an 'obstructed view'! (Lack of transparency!)

** raved about the large balcony, package deals like internet for each person, $600 onboard credit, drink package for each person, special dining etc. We asked for a print-out of the deck plans, but he said he wasn't able to provide this to us or to get it up on his computer (possibly Lie 3). We paid a non-refundable $600 deposit. When we got our travel documents delivered we had a look at them, but as we didn't sign up for internet until a couple of days later, it wasn't until then that I was able to look up the deck plans myself, and I discovered ** had sold us an obstructed view.

You cannot imagine how we felt. We felt conned and used by ** to boost his sales. We were really upset so went and saw a lady in the 'next cruise' section. She said she would change our booking to a Junior Suite (a bit cheaper-not much) – same date and ship but different deck, but told us we would lose our $600USD onboard credit and the internet package ** had offered. She advised we would only get $300USD and a drink package for each person. The lady told us we would also drop to Sea Class on the Suite document.

We believed her and didn't question this. However, they found that had we booked on the RC website we would have received $600USD onboard credit and the same suite for $3057.00 cheaper. The next cruise section was then closed so we couldn't go and complain onboard prior to disembarking. We felt totally ripped off and so I lodged a complaint on our return via email on 10/12/18. When nothing was heard back, the same complaint was lodged via special post.

FAST FORWARD TO 27/12/18. During Xmas get together with the 3 family members booked, we realized the date of sailing is probably not going to suit one person. (We all work). We have until 8 January 2019 to make any changes to our booking without being charged, so I rang up to confirm this and spoke to a helpful person. He advised to speak with the other two passengers to work out a better date. Not 5 minutes after this call ended, there was a missed call on my phone and a message left asking me to call back about my complaint. (An unusual coincidence? Don't think so!!!)

I called back and spoke with a person who kept saying he understood what I was going through (Doubt it) with regards to my complaint that I had lodged, but kept telling me that "prices of rooms change every minute as well as the onboard credit offered and the packages", and basically made me out to be a liar with what I had complained about. I was not offered any compensation or solutions to my complaint and was just made to feel as though I was an idiot for not believing what he was saying. On more than one occasion I did tell him that it was all BS, but it didn't make any difference. All he did was apologize for **'s behaviour. I suggested sacking would be more appropriate.

Oh and another thing! The ‘next cruise’ section ran a competition whereby everyone who booked a 'next cruise' went into the draw for $300USD. We asked the ‘next cruise’ section on 3 occasions after the draw date who had won it and were told they didn't know as it hadn't been announced. (Was this just a ploy to boost sales?)

OTHER THINGS ABOUT OUR CRUISE. PROS: The food wasn't too bad. Coffee was horrible in the Windjammer. Tendering service was good and fast. Room steward and our food waiters were great. Captain was nice and up for a chat when we ran into him in the lift. CONS: I have no issues with kids on ships. However, unfortunately SOME parents look at a cruise ship as an enormous playroom for their kids. The number of young children under 10 - (I asked their age) who were allowed to gallop up and down corridors late at night and ride the lifts unattended was horrifying; and not a parent in sight. One young boy told me his parents were "drinking" and had told him to "get lost" for a couple of hours. On many occasions when we went to get into lifts, kids would come running out of them having pushed the button for every floor prior to leaving. Saw one elderly lady nearly knocked to the floor by 3 kids running out of a lift.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Chichen Itza shore excursion - Dec.26th, 2018 aboard the Independence of the Seas. We knew the travel time between The ship and the site was bad but have been wanting to see the ruins for a few years now. The travel was as advertised 2-1/2 hours on the bus and 45 minutes on the ferry each way. The problem for me was that once at the site we were given only 30 minutes to explore the ruins. I felt something was wrong when the tour guide kept telling us that it was very busy and the average time at the site was only 1 to 1-1/2 hours.

When we arrived at the site we were herded like cattle through the site at a pace that was too fast to even take good photos much less enjoy the experience. We made one quick lap around the pyramid temple and two surrounding structures and then herded back on the bus. I shrugged it off and felt sure that Royal Caribbean would be embarrassed and refund a portion of my almost $800 that I paid for me, my wife and two children. They were very polite in telling me that sometimes "it's busy" and you don't get much time on that excursion but were unwilling to adjust the price paid. Please don't waste your money on this trip, if it's "busy" you will spend 6-1/2 hours on bus and ferry to be rushed through what you paid to see in 30 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I filled out my health papers before boarding and told RCF I had recent gastric sleeving done and could only eat small portions and certain foods. Well I ate something that was bad or did not agree with me. So I went to find some AD medicine however they do not sell any over the counter aids on this ship. So the only way to get this medicine was to go to the first aid which I did. Well at that time they took my blood pressure which was fine and gave me some AD. However by doing so they quarantined me to my room for an issue they were made aware of at the beginning of the cruise. This crew and company did nothing to correct the issue besides passing the buck to avoid fixing the problem. This crew is incompetent and reckless. Avoid this ship if all possible. Also all of the bread products were old and hard including stale crackers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Voyager of the Seas 3rd Dec. room 6221 and 6223. This is a company that I have seen with least experience in customer service. Sri Lanka doesnt have a Royal Caribbean agent hence I reserved directly from RC website for 2 rooms for my family and one for my mom in law and brother in law. After making all payments I requested for visa details from RC Singapore via a call. They bluntly said they have no idea. Then I called RC USA where they simply washed off their hands by saying they don't know. Wrote emails and said the same thing. Then I called the embassy of Thai and a lady said, "If you are getting down visa is required and if not getting down not required." So my in laws decided not to get down and my family decided get down hence took visa. We all didn't want to get down from port Klang hence didn't take Malaysian visa.

When we came to check in they both were not even allowed to board the ship without Thai visa. Everybody NOW seemed to know that even if you do not get down from Phuket you need the visa to stay in the ship. But this was not the case for Malaysian visa. Without visa we could get down and come back to ship. So 2 different procedures and no one was able to give this information to us prior.

At the check in counter they simply dismissed the two of them and said cannot let them board. Then gave a letter to sign that they will not refund the charges due to lack of visa. Simply to cover their **. I wanted to have a great vacation with my family and inlaws which was completely destroyed due to lack of knowledge of the RC customer service staff. This was a horrible experience and utterly disappointed on how this whole issue was handled. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me on what they can do for us. But I guess they have set a blind eye to this issue. Maybe 'cause we are brown skinned Asians. I have no words to express my hatred towards RC.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Since I have called multiple times and have been able to get nowhere with your customer service department, I have posted my review to any and all Cruise websites that I can come across. I wanted to provide you with the review I posted as well. A week ago I returned home from a cruise with Royal Caribbean. While on the cruise I purchase an expensive watch in the gift shop. The watch has already stopped working. I contacted the manufacturer who will not warranty the watch because the shop did not stamp the warranty card. I contacted Royal Caribbean who referred me to Starboard cruises. Starboard Cruises says there is nothing they can do about it and referred me back to Royal Caribbean.

I again contacted Royal Caribbean and they told me there is nothing they can do about it because they do not do the sales themselves. They then referred me to the manufacturer because they do not do customer service or accept returns for watches. I again told them the situation. The manufacturer will not warranty it because the shop did not stamp the warranty card and did not put a serial number on it. Royal Caribbean customer service then again referred me to Starboard Cruises. Starboard Cruises also will not do anything for me. So I highly recommend avoiding Royal Caribbean International if you have plans of taking a cruise. If you have any problems their customer service is not interested in resolving them or even helping you resolve them. If you do take a cruise do not buy anything on board as Royal Caribbean will not back the sales that they offer on board.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

As a first time cruiser I have been super eager to travel on the Ovation of the Seas. I found out about the ship during its build process and instantly fell in love! I have been waiting for it to come back to Australia as I missed out the first time and was really looking forward to boarding. Now I'm sure the ship is great although I can not say the same for the most arrogant and condescending staff members I have had to deal with pre-cruise. My partner and I paid $9,998.00 to travel over the Christmas break and since the very first day it has been a nightmare communicating with their representatives over the phone and via email.

At the time of booking we were not told that the complimentary activities had already been booked out online or that we could only be scheduled in for an 8pm dinner every night because as a first time cruiser it was expected that I already know the "first in best dress" rule (unless we want to pay out of pocket at a specialty restaurant). I have had another consultant yell at me, sigh and misinform me over the phone when I have tried to seek some advice on what's included in my ticket because the email was a little confusing. This consultant couldn't be bothered logging in and checking what was and wasn't included in my ticket - mind you when he did eventually log in he immediately tried to correct himself as he realised that he had been wrong the whole time he was yelling at me.

What is more frustrating is that when I had tried to provide this feedback via email discreetly I had been told in a roundabout way that I was a liar and that no such call/ interaction exists on their database (funny how they have record of every other single call I have made to them but not this one). At this point all I wanted was a phone call with a simple apology and to be connected to someone who I could trust would provide me the correct information and helpful tips that I may not have considered before travelling. I had requested a call back 6 times (I have evidence of all 6 requests) and not once did someone pick up the phone and call me. Instead I had to keep waiting 48-72 hours for a generic response via email. At one point I had to wait over a week to get a response.

After numerous emails and no acknowledgment of the rude staff members wrongdoing I decided to run a report off my work system to prove that such call was made. At the same time I've had to contact my phone provider to retrieve the data on all calls I had made to their phone line just so that I could prove to them that I did place a call and did have a really bad experience in that interaction. I even tried to speak to a technician at Apple to recover my previous phone logs as I was part way through my billing cycle at the time. I don't believe that it is fair that I have had to go through all this stress and have spent every single day since November 29th trying to prove that I have been mistreated by a staff member. To date I still have not received a phone call from a staff member.

What is even more disheartening is that for almost 10k our ticket only includes drinks. I don't even get priority boarding! For us to get internet for two devices it will cost an additional $1,065 for the duration of our travel AND they have recently released last minute tickets for the same cruise that are cheaper tickets than ours which had a promotion running that included up to $1,000 + $200 onboard credit when I was pushed by the booking agent to quickly book because I was supposedly booking the very last room on that ship and I felt like I couldn't ask questions beforehand because there was such an urgency to take a full payment to secure my spot before someone else did.

I followed the direction of the booking agent as I did not want to miss out on travelling on the Ovation of the Seas ship again and on a nonrefundable fare it was the worst possible thing I could ever do. I have been so scarred by this process that I am not even looking forward to my holiday anymore. :( For all you first time cruisers like me I have a few suggestions before booking: 1. Book well in advance so that you don't have to pay for a nonrefundable ticket upfront and be stuck dealing with rude staff members. This way you will also be able to lock in your complimentary activities. 2. Record ALL your calls with Royal Caribbean as they will make you out to be a liar. 3. DON'T ever pay a lot of money for a ticket when they say there is only one ticket left because they are lying and will release cheaper ones along the way.

4. Book through a travel agent so that they can fight your battles because Royal Caribbean will never take you seriously or call you to make sure your concerns have been addressed. 5. Make sure you only book when there is either onboard credit or internet coverage as they will and try sting you in every way possible no matter how expensive your ticket is. 5. And finally AVOID booking with Royal Caribbean all together unless you want to be treated like dirt!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

If you’re thinking of taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean... DON’T. What my family and I thought would be an amazing vacation turned out to be a nightmare, not even worthy of being considered a vacation. My family and I took a 7 night western Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas this December. This was a horrible experience, I would advise you to think twice and save your money. The sanitary precautions on the ship were mediocre to say the least, causing me, my 12 month old son, and my husband to contract viral infections while onboard. I’ll get back to that in a second.

The ship is big and very nice but it is filthy. The carpet in our cabin was gross and stained. Our bathroom smelled like urine and it was very poorly cleaned before we got there. There was bar soap residue on the soap holder and mold on the sink and shower. Our son woke up vomiting on the third day. We called guest services to have our sheets changed, but first we were questioned as to why and who had vomited on the bed. Once the crew members arrived they changed the sheets and handed us the filthy, heavy, metal trash bin from our bathroom so that our infant son could throw up inside of, as if he would give us any warning. We called the clinic and were told by the nurse that the clinic was not open and that we had to wait 4 hours to see a doctor.

We called the nurse again and insisted that we see a doctor because our son was vomiting profusely, so she finally obliged and allowed us to go down to the clinic. What proceeded to happen over the course of three days of visiting the clinic on board was three different doctors disagreeing on medical treatment, conflicting statements, and giving our son three different types of antibiotics; one of which is a single dose antibiotic, yet one doctor insisted our 12 month old son needed to have multiple rounds intravenously. Our son experienced vomiting, and severe diarrhea for 6 days.

My husband and I developed the same symptoms that our son had by the fifth day on board the ship, a nurse called us at our cabin and told us not to leave our room. My husband was so sick at one point that I had to go downstairs to the clinic and purchase medication on a vending machine (which by the way was broken on the first 4 days).

The virus we contracted was definitely contagious because multiple of our family members who were not on the ship have gotten sick after visiting us. Our child’s pediatrician was in complete shock when we told him about the medical treatment that our son received, and that there was no need to give him so many different types of antibiotics.

There is cross contamination between employees who insist on shaking your hand at dinner time. One employee told us that she does not visit her family while the ship stops at the port because she comes in contact with too many viruses. On one occasion there was a man vomiting outside of an elevator all over the carpet, I’m not sure if he was sick or drunk. The food is terrible, especially at the buffets. They serve the same mediocre food everyday. Salmon, which is either not salmon or has been cooked until gray. The smoked salmon at breakfast was gray.

To make matters worse, they do not take health insurance at the clinic on board the ship, so we ended up paying $300+ of medical treatment for a virus that we contracted on the ship. We told guest services on our 6th day about what happened to us, they said they were aware of everything and that we would be receiving a letter before we left the ship with a credit for a future cruise. We never received such letter, and quite frankly we will NOT be getting on another cruise with Royal Caribbean ever again. We will also discourage anyone else we know who is thinking about Royal Caribbean, not to.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We have just returned home to Cincinnati, Ohio, after a Cruise from HELL on your ship Mariner of The Seas! We are not an extremely wealthy, vacation all the time couple, but it was my wife Sue’s 65th birthday on 12/4/18 so we decided to splurge, fly to Florida, and take what was for us to be a cruise of a lifetime. HA! HA! Well that it was! From this point on I will try to keep my feelings out of the letter and just list the facts. Upon entering our stateroom #3029 the first afternoon/evening, we noticed what seemed to be a lot of rumbling and banging from the room above. We just figured it was the people above getting settled in. We went about our business and enjoyed the evening on the ship.

That night we tried to sleep below what seemed to be a bowling alley! Not a normal bowling alley but a bowling alley with a tap dance contest going on in the same area. Heavy rolling carts and hard soled shoes stomping across a very hard surface floor. At 3:00 AM after several calls the noise subsided enough to finally fall asleep. All was good until around 5:30AM when it all started again! What a way to start our vacation. When we got up the next day I called Gwen our room steward and explained the situation. He assured me he would bring the issue to his manager. As the people called during the night had also said. Tired we enjoyed the day as best possible and returned to our cabin to try to get some much required sleep.

To bed at 12:30PM to the exact same situation! More calls and no satisfaction! At 3:10AM I call again and informed the young lady on the phone that if they didn’t rectify the situation ASAP I was going upstairs to find out what the hell was going on, in my tidy-whitey underwear, and that that would not be a pretty situation. A few minutes later we had a knock on the door. I opened it to find 2 LARGE goons who pointed at their chest and said, “YOU ARE ON CAMERA! BEING RECORDED! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!” Insinuating that I was the problem maker and that they were there to take care of me. I assume there is an onboard jail? After explaining the situation to the gentleman they left.

I received a call a few minutes later and they informed me that our stateroom was directly below a kitchen/galley area. How freakin wonderful! They had stopped the noise and by around 3:45AM the wife and I were fast asleep. That is until 5:45AM!!! Now, I am a realist. I know on a ship made of all steel, tooling across

the ocean, surrounded by persons drinking and having fun there will be some noise. But this is nuts! How could Royal Caribbean sell this stateroom to a passenger?

Well that day was a total loss for us! Exhausted, after breakfast we retreated to our little hell hole. I again called several people, security, operator, and Gwen. Each assuring me they would take care of the problem for the next night. We then put back in our ear plugs, put on our c-pap machines, and laid there all day listening to the rumbling, clanking, and banging, resting. Notice I said resting NOT sleeping. Yes we had in ear plugs and both of us use C-pap machines that make a kind of white noise that drown out a lot of things. One other side note, I have about a 35-40% total hearing loss and being fitted for hearing aids in the near future.

Night 3 – No change! I called security around 3:00AM and a nice security gentleman came to the noise pit. He went up to the galley and talked to them again. He called us to explain the situation and offered a move in the AM. I told him I would call Gwen in the AM and let him know. I thanked him and we hung up. Well guess what??? The noise kept going! I called the operator again and got connected to the same security person. I told him what was going on and he said he would take care of it. By 4:00AM it was quiet. By 6:00AM we were awake again. This SUCKS!

At 7:00AM I called Gwen to tell him R/C wins! We will pack up all our stuff and move. Gwen did not answer his direct line, someone else did. He said he knew nothing about our issues but would forward the request to Gwen. I told him we were going to eat, and then back for a while after that had to be on the dock at 10:00AM for an excursion. I suggested leave a message on our phone with instructions and we would get it right after eating. He said no problem he would get it squared away. Post breakfast, you guessed it! No message! No move instructions! My wife convinced me that perhaps they had not had the time to figure it all out yet? She suggested that I not call and wait until we returned from our day on shore and surely we would have a message and move instructions. I agreed and off we went. Dragging our mid-60 butts due to sleep deprivation, but we went.

We returned after a full day of fun and partying to find... YOU GUESSED IT! No move message or message of any kind. I would have expected nothing

less from this finely tuned machine operating this vessel. I called the operator again and explained the mess. She knew what was going on and re-offered a 30% discount on a future cruise that had been offered earlier. I again explained, “I don’t want the 30% future discount. Not why I called 25 times or more. I want to be able to sleep NOW on this cruise!” She said nothing can be done, sorry, goodbye.

We went to dinner, hung out on deck for a while, then returned to our room. Upon returning we found, along with our billing, (which I have a really small unimportant question about one item), and the 30% of voucher good for one year. Of course we also returned to the bowling alley and tap dance recital. Around 2:00AM I started my usual calls and was informed, “It is what it is and it will remain what it is.” May not be the exact wording but clearly the gist of the conversation. No sleep again on night #4.

This ends our disaster of a lifetime vacation! But not the expense of the flight from Cincinnati and back. Our pre and post horrific cruise hotel expense. Rental car expense. Terminal parking expense of $88.00. And non-replaceable use of our limited vacation time allotment. Yes! We both still work for a living and our hard earned $$. What a wonderful way for my wife to spend her 65th birthday! NOT!

In closing, Royal Caribbean should be utterly embarrassed in many ways. First in even renting that stateroom to paying customers. Some of your staff admitted to knowing there was a noise problem in that room and having had complaints in the past. No reputable cruise line would put a passenger in that room, and we booked well in advance. Second, in the onboard handling of the entire situation, in a word, unprofessional. Thirdly, in the offering of a 30% discount on a future cruise for the next 365 days rather than a complete refund. Perhaps both together would have been fair? This letter will be sent to any person of authority within the R/C Corporation, my travel agent through which the trip was booked, and my credit card company along with request to rescind the charges.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Hidden fees were made which were too sneaky and unprofessional; the bill was left at the door on the last day when we were disembarking so no time to review the charges. Few overworked workers running like crazy but the service was great; would be better to hire a few more workers. Food available was bad; edible but bad. More clarity should be made on the charges one will receive before purchasing a ticket. Gratuities were charged when we were in eating at an overcharging restaurant in Cozumel and Costa Maya; perfect experience to not recommend this cruise to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Extremely disappointed with their online booking. Because of health issues I need to cancel my cruise and receive my deposit back. According to them it is refundable. I understand that if I was in the 90 day area but I am well outside of the 90 day block. I will look into other cruise lines to book my future cruises.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Credit Policy is Terrible! After a great cruise, I spent 3 weeks trying to get $86 back from Royal Caribbean due to an error the cruise staff made on a shore excursion. The staff gave the credit to my cabin mate. When I called to receive the credit onto my account, they said they didn't have the credit card info for cabin mate to charge $86 and unless they can get it from the other guest, I will not receive a credit. That is ridiculous! If the staff member happened to post the credit to a random cabin number, they would have to contact the person to get their credit card number before I can have my credit.

If they never heard back from that person, I would never receive my credit. How can I trust RC now with my billing, pre or post cruise?! I even received a receipt on the ship for the credit but I still have not received my credit back onto my credit card. I have contacted the BBB and have posted warnings on social media. It may be $86 for me but could be hundreds for others. Check your balances on the boat, and avoid Royal Caribbean if you can.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Friday 26th October at approximately 4.30pm we set sail for Madeira. On that night in bed I heard a grinding noise as the ship was listing quite heavily. We were sliding in bed and I commented saying, "I think we need bed guards." I was awake crying and really not happy. On Saturday 27th there was no water in the swimming pools and were closed until Wednesday 31st October. On Sunday 28th at approximately 3 am I heard a staff bravo one call with an apprehensive voice. This was called about 10 to 15 times. We made an emergency dock at Vigo on Sunday 28th approximately 6.30 am. There was a large engineer platform came alongside the ship and started to pump water with 3 large blue hoses. Also divers went down under the ship.

We stayed there until Monday 29th 4.30 pm. We then sailed to Gran Canaria missing out the ports of Madeira and Lanzarote. The ship was just as bad as before if not worse with a glass window falling out on the promenade and smashing. No plates or cutlery at breakfast as no water for washing up. No hot water in our cabin. The smell of stagnant water was in a few places on the ship along with sick bags on all staircases. Arrive at Gran Canaria at approximately 1 pm of Wednesday 31st October. By this time we had already seen customer services and they helped us to arrange a flight home but unfortunately we could only get a flight on Saturday 3rd November so we then had to go and find a hotel to stay in until our flight.

It cost us a lot of money to do this but was not in any way getting back on the ship as we were docking in Gran Canaria from our balcony. We could see a lot of oil in the water from the ship as we disembarked. There was a large tanker filling the ship with oil when we came home on Saturday 3rd November. We had to ask a family member to drive us back to Southampton to collect our car which was parked in Purple Penguin parking and collect our cases. We are a 4 hour drive away and this was such an inconvenience of time and money. We are therefore asking for an engineer report of the ship before it left Southampton on 26th September and after the work was carried out at Vigo as the ship still has not had the stabilizer repaired as can only be done in a dry dock.

We have had a harrowing experience and I was very scared. I was taking so much of my inhaler as I was panicking which made my asthma worse. We therefore are asking for a complete refund of the cruise in GBP as we paid in GBP. We have been given a 25% discount off our state cabin and this is in no way accepted as compensation. Also we have had to pay bank exchange fee for this totally unacceptable Stateroom.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We booked a cruise to Cuba with 2 ports. One was cancelled, so we held on to the other port. Docking into Havana was so late, it was dark, couldn't sight see. Excursions were even cancelled. Shops closed, market closed...nothing. No souvenirs, no "Cuban experience"! The lines at customer service were so long on the ship, it took us two days before we could register our complaint. A message was announced before performances with an apology and hope things could be resolved, as well as a recorded message for our TV. RC accepted it was at fault for our disorganized cruise, and now want us to forget it? I hope all that were on this cruise will not give up calling RC Customer Service. I truly wish there was a way we could join forces. "I'm Sorry" is not acceptable. We paid for a Cuban cruise and was given a simple cruise. I’m still VERY unhappy with how this was handled.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Absolutely crazy. I am currently still waiting for a representative. 3 hours and 10 minutes on the phone. Still waiting. One question is all I have. This is terrible. I have never been on a cruise before. This certainly doesn't make me want to come back.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have cruised with Royal Caribbean 3 other times (Majesty of the Seas, Freedom of The Seas & Grandeur of the Seas). This was my 4th and IT WAS A FANTASTIC TIME! This cruise line has never let me down, each experience being memorable and without issues. This ship has technology and fun around every corner and will not disappoint. The embarkation and debarkation was simple and fast. We enjoyed all that this new ship had to offer. Loved our time in Two70 and the Solarium the best but late night pizza and the offering in the Windjammer were great as well. The shows were fun an imaginative (Spectra's Cabaret in Two70, and "The Gift" and "We Will Rock You" in the main theater). We loved hanging out in the music hall to listen to the Bon Jovi tribute band and play pool.

The 3D movies were a treat. I found the staff to be professional, respectful and attentive. My feeling after reading all these other reviews is maybe your bad experience was on you. Prices for things like spa treatments change due to specials and the internet package goes down because they are charging you for less days to use it... Hello McFly! You are told day one when you purchase the cruise that your total is due three months before sailing... if you don't pay you lose your rooms... it's that simple. Reminding you about it is a courtesy... not a right. I'm not saying that some may not have run into a bad situation or someone on a bad day. We are all human, give them a break... I'm sure things like this happen on the other cruise lines as well Good and Bad.

And just for the record I am not exclusive to Royal Caribbean, I have also sailed with Carnival and Norwegian both of which were fantastic also. Like I said overall if you had a bad time... start by looking at yourself first. I for one Love this cruise line and recommend it to anyone wanting to have a great time. Did I mention they also have bumper cars, roller skating and an XBox lounge all free to you. You gotta try them out.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

FIRST AND FOREMOST, who is responsible for this situation? Who is taking blame for this. I want to make sure the right person hears this so nobody else has to go through this. My wife is in tears saying it’s her fault since she booked our honeymoon cruise. No matter what I say, it didn’t make it even slightly better due to the circumstances. The circumstances never got fixed, in fact when we complained, our head stateroom staff said, “You think your room is bad, you should see mine!” As if my complaint was worthless to listen to. As her husband I’m obligated to be able to protect her from stuff like this. You set me up for failure from the beginning. I couldn’t protect her from this situation. I’m at your mercy. Which you have shown none so far.

We can’t afford to take any of the $600 each one way flights home from any of the ports in Mexico or Caribbean. Even if we could afford it, we would be physically limited in carrying our baggage off the ship by ourselves for that period of time (health issues). So as a result we are stuck on this ship till Saturday morning (11/24/2018) and forced to ride this out. We trusted that we would enjoy ourselves or somebody would at least try and help make us comfortable and feel valued. All management did to try and help us was offer 40% off our next cruise. DID NOTHING TO ACTUALLY RESOLVE THE ISSUE. Are you serious

They wouldn’t help us on this cruise, just the next cruise we booked for on Royal Caribbean. Meaning we had to spend thousands more before they would help us or we would see relief. Guest services did nothing. I ended up calling corporate Royal Caribbean and they sent an email the ship. This took days to get to this point, 2 days before the cruise was over. No assistance from the staff.

Needless to say I won’t be stepping on this company’s boat ever again. I’ve been sailing with Royal Caribbean for close to 20 years. My first arguments as a married man are because of this awful situation we were placed into with what seems like no resolution in-site. I’m concerned that nobody on the ship cares enough about us, they already had our money. This was our honeymoon. Or it was going to be. The first big thing we did in our lifetime together as a union. Our wedding day couldn’t of been more perfect. But that’s because we worked hard to ensure its success. This was a failure from the beginning. This system is broken to have issues like this come up and not be resolved immediately. I voiced my concerns to the correct people immediately with no resolution for the duration of the cruise (6 days).

As I’m typing this we still don’t have a bed that is sleep-able. This cruise was going to be the beautiful start to our lives together. Then this cruise happened and it couldn’t be anything further than such. Now we both have to take another week off of work and have a second honeymoon at our expense before the new year. Hitting our budget hard before the holidays. Spent $1000 on flights alone just to get to this ship and back home. Spent $2000 just for your accommodations on this boat for a week. What about the nice hotels and arrangements before and after this cruise. All that for nothing. Do you believe in moods? The mood will never be the same on this boat no matter what.

Ever heard the saying not in the mood? The amount of things we didn’t get to experience on our honeymoon is sad and will result in another honeymoon at our expense. I refuse to let this be how my honeymoon goes. I will try it again a different way. This level of failure is unexplainable and unethical. NOBODY CARED ENOUGH TO HELP RESOLVE THE ISSUES. This isn’t something we can just move past and laugh about. Royal Caribbean has ruined our honeymoon. There’s no saving it with some free strawberries and champagne. All we wanted was a nice bed and some air conditioning. It’s too late to apologize, (conveniently enough this song is being played in the hallways of your cruise ship as I am typing this.) You have taunted us and rubbing this in our face that there is nothing you can do. These issues were never resolved.

The bed is still so terrible, when complained all they did was put an extra thin layer of sheet on the bed and said it’s fixed and perfect for you. Can’t say I didn’t follow the chain of command. Reached out to many different people on and off this boat for help. We have been let down as a customer/guest of Royal Caribbean. I’m honestly not interested in champagne and chocolate strawberries has a peace offering. We already had wine and brownies and etc waiting for us when we got to the room that we paid for. We threw away the all the special decorations/gifts we paid for to remember this trip. We don’t ever want to remember this trip and our experience.

Even if you refunded my wife’s money, that’s just the start. That doesn’t make it right to treat humans as trash. The only thing that was mentioned to us to fix things was they said we would get a survey after the cruise and we could fix things then. Not now. Lots of expenses involved before getting to the ship, or getting home from this cruise. I can’t even use the restroom in the bathroom without clogging it. Nothing propriety about this cruise or anything on this trip. Anybody could of done better than this. Why advertise as such? Your commercials look nothing like this. Whose ever job it was to check our cabin before we got on, dismantled our entire trip as soon as it started and should be fired.

It’s unfair to punish the entire cruise crew and fail them on the survey because of a few people’s actions. The problem should of been resolved before we got on the boat or shortly after when I complained about it to our stateroom helper. Our room was never ready to be occupied by guests. Slept so bad, we only did one excursion because we felt like you know what every morning thus far. My back is so sore from this bed. My wife and I took turns sleeping on the couch just to keep our sanity. When I tell you nobody cared, I mean it.

The privacy is none existent. My wife and I have been walked in on in my own room numerous times. One time I woke up to staff in my room looking for somebody. I don’t care if the magnet isn’t on the door to clean room or not, KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND ANNOUNCE YOURSELF! My question for you is, what are you going to do to make this right? Besides giving us our money back? Time. We will never have that time back. We have been forced to do things against our wishes and never made comfortable till we walked off the boat. We have felt stranded and alone during the extent of this trip. Nobody has been able to accommodate us since Sunday when be boarded and voiced our concerns immediately even before we unpacked our luggage. What in the world happened??? I’ll be expecting your response.

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

The Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was founded in 1968 and has since developed two unique destinations, Labadee and CocoCay; it also sails to numerous popular worldwide cruise destinations.

• Adventure Ocean youth program: Adventure Ocean provides kid-friendly activities for babies, tweens and teens.

• Flexible dining experience: Dining options range from casual dining venues to sophisticated meals in the dining hall.

• Onboard casino: Gambling enthusiasts can take a seat at the Roulette table or slot machines while sailing to the next destination.

• Performances: Movie fans can enjoy watching Tony award-winning performances.

• Pre-sailing communication: Guests can take advantage of itinerary updates and online check-in; these updates let them know what is available to cut the wait time and when it's time to board the ship.

• Best for: The Royal Caribbean liner is best for active adults and families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs