Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This year booked our 8th Royal Caribbean cruise–we are Platinum members of the Crown & Anchor Society w/ Royal Caribbean. The Empress of the Seas was headed to Key West Florida, Cuba, and Cozumel, Mexico departing Tampa, Florida on May 29th. The day before the cruise, we were to fly from California to Tampa. On our way to the airport, we were robbed. Our passports, cash and everything we need for our trip were taken.

We then texted and called our AAA Travel Agent to get advice on what to do about the cruise the next morning. Our travel agent called the Royal Caribbean Emergency Travel line 1-800-256-6649. Her text to me reads, “I called twice and asked. Sandra at RCCL said passport card is sufficient. Ewin said that he would assume it would be. He is making notes on your reservation of the situation. Just in case you need it your res # **.” I called her and told her we would go ahead and fly to Tampa and if we have to stay on the ship in Cuba, so be it. We can still take the cruise with our passport cards. (THE INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE IN THEIR NOTES IS DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT SHE WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE.) No recordings of calls.

We arrived at the Cruise Terminal. Our bags tagged and taken by Royal Caribbean contract employees (contract will come into play again later). Getting thru security was not an issue. We told them we did not have passport books or paperwork but showed our passport cards and were identified on a printout with the security guard before entering the terminal. Once inside the terminal, we told the guy at the first desk that we did not have passport books and needed to talk to someone about this issue. He had us fill out the Visa information for Cuba and took us past the 3,000 people in line to the counter to see a supervisor. We were escorted to the red chairs where the lady took our passport cards and went to speak to someone.

She returned a few minutes later and told us we were being denied boarding because we did not have passport books. We told her that our travel agent had called the Royal Caribbean Emergency Travel Line and repeated to her what we were told actually showing her the text from AAA Travel, Sandra at RCCL said passport card is sufficient, Ewin said that he would assume it would be, he is making notes on your reservation of the situation. Again, the information now available in SANDRA AND EWIN'S NOTES IS DRASTICALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT OUR TRAVEL AGENT WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE. Why do these idiots have the ability to put their own notes in and these calls are not recorded??? They forwarded my travel agent's text messages to an "infotampa" email address for "further investigation".

At this point a couple other employees entered the situation and we told them that TWO RC employees told us to fly across the country that this happens all the time–RC would take care of us. One of the RC employees standing before us said they are not Royal Caribbean employees, they are a contract company. I don't care if they are employees or contract employees. They are the Royal Caribbean Emergency Travel Line and the ones you have us call when there is an issue. We listened to them knowing in our hearts that this was probably a bad idea--and flew across the country to come and be taken care of by RC.

For the next FOUR hours, we sat in the red chairs, being visited by various RC employees to tell us this or that and we lost count of how many times we were told we were being denied boarding because we did not have passport books. They even brought some woman of apparent authority from the ship who barely speaks English to tell us again that we were being denied boarding because Cuba does not have the technology to utilize passport cards, so they require passport books.

WE GOT IT we are dumb, but not stupid. We understand that we are not going on this cruise. Please give us our luggage back and we’ll be on our way. It was not until about 3:40 did it seem like a big deal that we needed our luggage to leave. We were told that 99% of the time they find luggage otherwise we will have to pick it up next Saturday when the ship returns to Tampa, or they can ship it home to us in California when they return at the end of the cruise.

Finally, at 3:55 the luggage started coming thru the door. I didn’t mention earlier that there were three other couples that were also denied boarding for various reasons. One couple were denied because the wife was born in Cuba, was brought to the US by her parents when she was six years old and now for her to return (this being the first time) she is required to have special forms to enter Cuba. She, too called RC numerous times and was that everything was in order for her, only to arrive at the terminal and be told that she was missing the specific form required by Cuba to enter the country she was born in. It takes days, if not weeks to get this paperwork so no cruise for them, too. These were the loveliest people. Rickson talked to the husband for quite some time.

He offered to give us cash and help out any way he could to get us home after everything we’d been thru. We were truly touched by how kind complete strangers were being to us. My suitcase was on the cart! CRAP! No sign of husband’s suitcase. People yelling on radios, rush, rush, it’s time for us to leave. The ship left with husband’s suitcase on it. Truck keys, migraine pills, etc. all safely tucked inside his shaving kit in the suitcase. All the employees were packing up to leave the terminal. What now?

Shock of the day!! A RCCL employee came over and gave us his cellphone number. He told us that if we might be able to meet the ship in Key West and meet the ship, we can get Rickson’s suitcase. He would contact us as soon as he could get an answer from RC and the ship. We drove to Sarasota and spent the night. The next day about noon, we got a text. If we could get to Key West by 3:00 pm, we would be able to get the suitcase. It is 467 miles from where we were to Key West. That’s about an eight-hour drive. We had three hours to get there. DAMN!! DAMN!! Why didn’t we get this information first thing this morning or last night??

Here comes another text. “The boat leaves at 7:00 p.m. not 3:00 p.m. Let me know if you are going to Key West.” He'd arrange to have the suitcase ready for pickup when we got there. By the grace of God, and breaking every speed law in Florida, we can make it to Key West by 6:00 pm, giving us an hour to spare. There are 42 bridges to cross to get from the mainland of Florida to Key West. The speed limit in this area is between 35 and 45 miles an hour. Most people we’ve encountered in Florida drive 10+ miles an hour UNDER the speed limit. Homestead, Florida is the last town you encounter on the mainland before traveling across those 42 bridges to Key West. It is 125 miles of bridges, with a speed limit of 35-45 miles an hour.

We arrived at the cruise terminal in Key West at 6:20pm. I dropped Rickson at the curb and stayed with the car while he located the boarding area. The guard was dumbfounded at what Rickson was telling him about retrieving his suitcase, but went onboard and spoke with someone, coming back to tell Rickson that they have it and would be bringing it out in a few minutes. He retrieved his suitcase at 6:40 and the ship left at 6:50 pm ten minutes earlier than scheduled.

The cruise trip was insured. The material things we lost in the truck robbery are covered. So we didn’t lose anything. Yes, we didn’t make it to Cuba. But it’s still there once this is all settled, we’ll look into taking a trip to Cuba. As for Royal Caribbean our PLATINUM membership really doesn’t mean anything. They told us they would take care of us yet they literally kicked us to the curb without so much as calling us a cab.

I booked this cruise in October 2016 directly on the RC website because they'd advertised a deal where 1 goes half price, full beverage package and free WiFi for all bookings received through the website. I clicked on the "Book Now" button on the advertisement and so presumed that everything was in order but as soon as I got to my room on the cruise, I noted the lack of soda cups, so I went to guest services who told me that they do not book have any beverage package on my booking and gave me a blank look when I said that I should be getting free WiFi.

They told us we could buy the drinks package, which now cost $65 per day for the "Deluxe" pack, which is the only one with any alcoholic drinks included - the "Select" package (with beer) doesn't exist anymore. Given that this is a 12-night cruise, there is no way I had budgeted an extra $65 every day for drinks that should have been included in my booking, so I didn't buy it. Yesterday I decided I would just buy it for the remainder of the cruise because we're at sea a lot. The weather is cold and the other guests are all very very old. So I thought maybe a few drinks would improve my experience for the last few days, but we're only now being told by guest services that we'd have had to buy the package before day 3. Never mentioned this to us in all the arguing and discussing we had on the first few days about the mysterious disappearing package.

Besides that, the ship is small and a bit shabby - basic things like part of the illuminated sign outside the Metropolis theatre entrance is partially lit - as if bulbs are missing, our room has a "Cruise Compass" sheet of paper dated May 2017 (a month ago) behind the 2 bottles of water on the main dresser in our room, the kettle in the room is completely coated in dust. Any plates/cups etc that are cleared out of our rooms by housekeeping staff sit outside the room doors all day, so at 9 pm we finished ourselves walking past plates full of day-old leftover food. We watched a movie on the outdoor screen a few nights ago and all the staff stood around watching it too, which was fine, but there was an empty cigarette box whirling around the deck constantly and nobody bothered to pick it up. Having to sign for the pool towels is a joke - what the hell do they think we are going to do with them??

The first time we actually got a seat anywhere in the main promenade area was day 5. Twice we've felt obliged to give our seats to older people - the cruise is really an older crowd, and with the bad weather, everyone is inside a lot so it's difficult to find anywhere to sit down, the Windjammer is hectic a lot of the time. Yesterday as I was walking through it, I came around a pillar and walked into a staff member who just kept walking so I had to step aside against the buffet counter to let him pass.

My husband has just bought 24-hour access to the ship's WiFi for $25 and did a speed test because it was ridiculously slow; the test showed a 1Mb speed - we are docked all day today so I would have assumed the connection would be reasonably good today but obviously not. When he complained, they gave him a few free hours of the "higher speed" connection but it's made no difference really. I won't be using Royal Caribbean again. This us our second cruise, last year's was fantastic aboard the Harmony, but obviously it's only the newer ships that are worth cruising on, I'd never have booked this if I'd known how small and old this ship was compared to Harmony.

I booked a cruise with 3 stops for boyfriend's birthday. We were excited and looking forward to going to Cuba on a tour offered by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. The online brochure stated we had until 6/4/17 to book the tour. Yesterday 6/3/17 when we attempted to book the tour, a pop up on the website stated the tour was sold out. After numerous phone calls to customer service for cruise line and travel agency we booked thru, we have been informed there is nothing they can do. Our trip is ruined and we haven't even left. The rep from the travel agency told us it is "common knowledge" that the tours quickly sell out. Royal Caribbean told us there is a small chance after we board. We are extremely dissatisfied as we have already been to the other 2 destinations on the trip and booked the trip specifically for the Havana tour. I am very upset and will not only never book another cruise with RC but will share my experience to warn others!

Oasis of the Seas Cruise to Southern Caribbean in 2015 - My family and I were supposed to go on a cruise to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten on August 22, 2015. We were notified one day before departure that our ship was going to be diverted to Cozumel, Mexico because of weather conditions. I totally understood that our safety was a priority. However, we had already been to Cozumel many times before (including with Royal Caribbean Song of America ship in the 90's). We had been planning to visit the above mentioned ports for the prior two years. We simply did not want to go to Cozumel, so all we wanted was to postpone our trip to another sail date, for us to get a refund or to at least get some kind of credit.

I understand that RC is not able to control the weather, but they are able to control customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, I had no choice but to go on this cruise, I was told by their Senior Guest Services Officer Jasmine ** to either get on-board or lose my money. Make no mistake. These RC staff are brutal, they would not give in an inch, when they mistakenly think, you're trying to reduce the company's profits. Even, with someone like me a member of their Crown & Anchor Society Gold membership (even though, I'm suppose to be a Platinum member because I've taken four cruises with them, but they're only counting two). Folks, take my advice. Do not go on Royal Caribbean Cruise lines because they really don't care about satisfying their passengers and is all about this company's bottom line.

I just completed a sailing from Galveston on the Liberty of the Seas. I am a long time cruiser, 17 cruises in the last few years. not all on RCCL. So I do know the protocol and how a cruise should go. Let me say this is the one and only cruise that was a disaster. We booked the trip last minute through RCCL as a M life member. Our experience upon checking in after I had completed all documents and credit card on file, was that they could not at first find me in the system, and then proceeded to call me Mrs. ** and I informed the agent neither John (my boyfriend) and I were the **. We got that corrected but then I was told to write down on a piece of paper my credit card information and sign it so they had proof that my credit card was on the room. I explained that I did all of that online as I always do and did not feel comfortable writing my information on a piece of paper, but in order to be able to board that is what I had to do.

We then proceeded to board and went to our cabin. I noticed that the $47 box of water was not in the cabin, so I asked the room steward in the hallway and he said he would get it sent to our room immediately. Two hours later it was not there, so I asked our room attendant to see about our water, she told me that was not her department, I asked her whose department it was. She did not have an answer for this, so I then asked her for extra towels. She brought them to the room and gave them to me, then said they want to talk to you. I asked who they were and she smirked and left the room.

I then proceeded to Customer Service to let them know about her attitude and find out where my water was. I was told they would talk to this room attendant's manager and the water would be sent to our room. When I returned to our room, John said the room attendant had spoken to him and said with a attitude, "I hope she liked her extra towels and they want to talk to her."

So I went back to Customer Service and talked to the assistant manager, Joanne, she promptly called the room attendant's manager and had her removed from servicing our room. I also mentioned my water once again. And was told it would be sent immediately. Unfortunately it was not. So I went to the desk, asked to have the water brought to Customer Service. It was and my boyfriend John had to take it to our room. I let the assistant manager Joanne know this and she was shocked and spoke to someone on the phone how inappropriate this was and told me the water would be refunded. It was not refunded.

We then tried to settle into our room and the child next door would not stop screaming, so John complained to Customer Service, he was told the ship was full. The child screamed off and on all night and we finally got to sleep, and he started screaming and slamming the doors. We called Security. I was then a day later called by Joanne to tell us they had another cabin available and she would send someone to help us move our things with a cart. No one showed, John carried everything piece by piece to our new cabin. He is 64 years old and not supposed to lift since he hurt his lower back, but he did what he had to do. Once we moved to the new cabin, which was several categories lower, we had difficulty using the internet we purchased. John finally got his to work but my did not work the rest of the cruise so I had to use my own data and I will be seeing my bill soon to see what it charged me.

Also I went to the casino on the first day, because I am a VIP and get free drinks, and when I got there was told I was not on the list. I was told it would take a day or two to verify. I am a hard core casino player and always get free drinks, and was told when I booked my sticker would be waiting. It took a couple of times me going and asking about it to finally get my sticker.

I went to the Customer Relations Desk several times with small, other issues and Joanne tried her best to take care of them. Eventually I got a call from Eric ** guest service manager and he refunded my internet and got a refund for the lower category of cabin. He also said water would be refunded, it never has been. By this time we were a few days in the cruise, and could not enjoy ourselves with me constantly going back and forth with the Guest Services.

We then finally get to our port stops only to get the Cruise Compass that stated for the Cayman Islands that there was a health advisory for the Zika virus and dengue (malaria). It stated that people should wear long pants and long sleeves, and purchase bug spray from the ship! We brought none of these items and were perplexed why this is not stated before someone books a cruise in order to make a decision to book or not. WE WOULD NOT HAVE if this were known before. So there was a port we had been looking forward to that we could not visit. So we were stuck on the ship, with not much to do but exercise or eat. The ship also has a terrible smell, the room was not clean. The phone was so dirty I cleaned it myself in order to use it.

The real kicker for this terrible cruise was the night of the $500 drawing in the casino. It said in the paper must be present at the drawing. We were standing there with several other people when Amal the casino host did the drawing. She drew the name of a person not in the casino. The whole group waited for her to draw again, but she said no. The customer still got $400 credited to his sign and sail. Several customers were not happy with this situation and all talking about it. I turned to John and said on our Alaska cruise in July I was chosen as a winner but I was not in the casino at the time so I did not win. Never did I speak to the casino host Amal about this.

So I went to play on a machine, and a few minutes later Amal tapped me on the shoulder, stuck a piece of paper in front of me that was underlined in red, and said, "Here Carla, here are the rules, you can see them for yourself, now do you understand." I was shocked, then I said to her, "Let me ask. Did you do this same thing to other customers?" She said no. I told her she needed to be fired for coming to me and doing something this inappropriate and that I had not been speaking to her about this at all. I then told her to get away from me, do not speak to me, and I was going to the manager.

I was furious, I went straight to Guest Relations and demanded to talk to the manager. I was taken back into the office, told the manager on duty, She was shocked and said it was inappropriate and called the casino manager Luis to come to the office. I explained to him what happened and he said usually she was good with customers but it was inappropriate. He basically was going to do nothing about the situation. I told him I own a nightclub and if an employee did that they would be fired immediately. And that is what I want from Royal Caribbean, for this casino host to either send me a letter of apology or be let go.

I have never been so happy to get off a ship in my life. I also looked at my phone bill and the little internet on the ship I could use had several hacker attempts from Korea. My boyfriend John's phone bill also had several hacker attempts from Norway. I don't think your internet system is secure. I'm sorry for the length of this email but a lot happened. Also I contacted Royal Caribbean and I got an email saying someone would get back to me but to date no one has.

I finally after a week received a call from Rudy in the Executive Office. Sickly he said that all of my issues were valid. What the casino host did to me in the end it was not acceptable but in the end basically nothing is going to be done about any of this situation and they were sorry that these things happened. I would advise people not to sail Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas unless they retrain employees in customer service to their passengers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines?

I'm a first-time cruise on RCL. I do not sail until September so I am still paying off my cruise. This month is my last payment. I went in to make the last payment on my cruise on the website. I knew I still owed $800 dollars because I purposefully paid it down to $800 last month so I knew how much this month I would need to pay. I keep records of my payments in an Excel spreadsheet. The amount owed had changed. It had gone up by $200 to $1,000. I called the resolution center and they said they could find no error on the website, but I know what the amount was last month. The problem is that I have no proof. I think this is very strange. They said there was nothing they could do. I felt as if they were basically telling me I was making the whole thing up.

Warning! Don't be fooled by the beautiful image of the ship. I am aware that many would have had pleasurable experiences onboard the Freedom of the Seas however that was not what my wife and I had experienced during our anniversary cruise. Our room smelt of moldy carpet, and sections of the corridors stank of overflowing waste drainage. The food was fresh on the first day but seemed recycled over the proceeding days and weeks. Whenever I went to complain the queue stretched for hours with other unhappy and stuck victim who wanted to get off the ship.

I did however notice that a lot of the unsatisfied customers were not on their first cruise. The ship was most certainly tired with many unsightly rust, and in need of major TLC. If you're the quantity and not quality type then you'll probably be fine eating from the Windjammer buffet instead of the opulent formal dining halls with poor food and service. We survived from the foods we managed to buy during various ports.

Just got back from a 4 day cruise, was meant to go to Paris and Bruges. Paris got cancelled so they took us to Rotterdam instead. We had to be back on the boat by 1.30, not enough time to see anything, so not happy. The boat was very tired and shabby in places, looks quite old. They sell it as a 4 day cruise but really it's 2 1/2 days, by the time you get on the boat and get off at 8.15am on the fourth day. These short cruises are not very relaxing, they are so busy, not at all like this on a 2 week cruise. You have to queue for everything, the service was very poor.

The ship claims to be renovated, if they meant renovated in 1992 then they would be telling the truth. The decor is less than desirable but the staff keeps it very clean. I would like to say that the staff has been (With a few small exceptions) absolutely incredible. However, friendliness cannot make up for all other wrongs of the ship. The demographic is extremely white and extremely old. I wish they did more to diversify the marketing to be more attractive to all ages and races. I do not want to feel like part of the movie Cocoon when walking into any activity room, I don't want to worry if people are dead or just sleeping at the shows.

I experienced some pretty sexist entertainment that really bothered me to my core, maybe to older demographics that is the norm but that does not fly nowadays. I complained to the event director who was very empathetic and professional and who handled my issue expertly, but who knows what will honestly happen with changes to the programs. Your demographic may be old, but that doesn't mean the whole ship should take a time warp back to 1950. No thanks. I think I'll stick to flights. This was my first cruise and I don't expect to ever go on another one, not even if it were free.

I booked a reservation online and after I booked using their website and placing a deposit. I get pop up telling me that I have to pay the full amount the next day. Why was this not advised before I booked the reservation. Then I call and gets reps that barely speak English and are so rude it's. YOU have my money and you are rude to me... Wow! Two Different reps named Bella were supervisors each giving different information. Cancel my order, send me an email confirming the cancellation and let's be done with this. I was actually told by this so called supervisor named Bella that they could not send me an email. This is Royal Caribbean for goodness sake. Wow!

Do not sail with Royal Caribbean. I booked a 4 day cruise from Miami to the Bahamas and Key West. My major concern was a systematic issue with lost luggage. I was traveling with my wife and 9 year old son and they lost my suitcase. This was my birthday/10 year anniversary vacation. On Day 1: 3 of our 4 bags were delivered to our room after 5 or 6 hours. We immediately contacted the customer service desk on the ship and told them we were missing our main suitcase. This was my main suitcase with all my clothes, family medications, shoes, and our daily hygiene products.

Day 2: Still did not find my suitcase. I contacted customer service again without any satisfaction. Day 3: Still no suitcase. Contacted customer service again, I also contacted a member of the Executive Staff. Day 4: My suitcase was sitting outside my cabin's door with all the tags and identification still on the suitcase. As I stated above this was my birthday and anniversary cruise.

We bought suits, dresses and new clothes for this special trip. Our suits and dresses were delivered but our shoes and t-shirts were lost. We planned on going to the main dining room but we couldn't meet the dress code. I was wearing the same clothes for 3 days and I was embarrassed. I would not cruise with them again.

On April 9, 2019 my husband and I had just disembarked at the port in Fort Lauderdale Florida, from a 8 day cruise aboard the Freedom of the Seas. Everything was beautiful until we noticed the shuttle driver had not taken all of our luggage off the shuttle at the airport... He did unload 4 bags but the 5th, a garment bag was not there. I called Royal Caribbean immediately and explained that it had been left on the shuttle. My thinking was that maybe they could give us the telephone number to call the bus service or that they could call and radio the driver to come back around. Instead they took my information and said someone would call me in 3 to 5 days... I took it upon myself to call Royal Caribbean to try to keep informed of any updates.

It wasnt until close to 2 weeks that I heard from, Royal Caribbean Guest Services. She basically said that they couldnt find my baggage so it's considered lost. This was very upsetting to me and my husband since there was personal memorabilia, expensive clothing, etc... It didnt make matters any better because her tone was very empathetic and cold. It was very upsetting to me and made me feel like Royal Caribbean didnt care because they were through with us as guest.

I stressed again to Guest Services that we knew exactly where the bag was left so unless it was stolen how could it just disappear. In that conversation she implied that we were responsible for our own luggage and we could have let someone steal it. She ended the conversation saying they will continue to look for it. Weeks pass and then out of the blue I receive a call from a woman working with Intercruises that informs me that she found a bag on the pier with my information on the tag. She assured me that she would give it to the people at Royal Caribbean and from there they would send it to me. I called Royal Caribbean right away to tell them what happened. Again, that conversation was less than desirable. Apparently she was not understanding things very well and again implied we were responsible for our luggage being lost.

Today, I received a call from ** with Royal Caribbean that said they had found my luggage. I informed him about the call I received the day before regarding my lost luggage. He then tells me they can send it C.O.D. I am really shocked and surprised that I am now responsible for paying for the return of my baggage... I ask him about Royal Caribbean paying and he conference call me with Guest Services, who now implies/accuses my husband and I for giving false information. I dont understand why we would purposely lose a garment bag and give false information on something priceless to us. All we want is our luggage back..

Thus, because of all the hoopla just to get our luggage returned and the way we were treated by Royal Caribbean (Guest Services) I believe Royal Caribbean is responsible for the cost of sending it to us. I spent thousands of dollars with Royal Caribbean on purchases I made through out the time on board. Now it seems like a kick in the behind just to retrieve our lost luggage.

On 03-25 to 04-01, my family as well as friends took a 7 day, 6 night cruise on the Rhapsody of the Sea to Belize and Roatan Honduras. A cruise that we were looking forward to. However the cruise line changed the full staff and no one really had a clue what they were doing. On Saturday 03-25 after the cabins were release to the public, I went to the room to wash my face. However to my surprise the handle to the faucet came off and water went everywhere. After spending about 15 to 20 minutes trying to get it back on and drying off. I went to the dining but before I did that I reported it to the front desk and it took three days to get it fixed.

I am a gold member on Royal Caribbean, and have taken several cruises before. Our headwater, which was new to the boat. The party I had dinner with was one of the first parties seated and one of the last ones to leave. The waiter asked if there is any dietary needs and two parties at the table had some specialized needs, one was a diabetic and the other was a vegetarian. All stated prior to any food that was served. However the waiter never took care of this issue.

On Sunday, once I again I went to the front desk and asked if the pillows could be replaced since mine were dead. I was told that it would take 20 minutes. However, it took over 2 days to get them. Only after I complained again to get pillows. But most of all the muster station on my pass card didn't match what the cruise ship stated. On my passcard, it indicated that I was on muster station 12 but the back of the door in the stateroom showed 14. When I showed the front desk, they laughed at me and said it was no issue. Isn't it International law stating that all documents given to the passengers need to match. I have done research and what I thought is correct but Royal Caribbean thinks that it is nothing to worry about.

I started planning my wedding with Kayla ** on March 20th 2017. She messed up my paperwork a couple of times which I had to call her and have her change it a couple of times. Also I was told my credit card would be charged multiple times for the wedding which I was told since I started planning the cruise. I had to call Kayla ** multiple times to have her charge my card. It finally happened one day before my cruise which tied up my card up. I then called to complain and Kayla ** told she would have Sandy the manager call me. When she called my phone I told her about my complaint and two days later she told me the best she could do was give us a $50 refund which I never received. And she said all my wedding paperwork was sent to the cruise boat and I should have no problems, also I asked to speak to someone above her and she said there is no one else only her.

I got on my cruise and had to track down my wedding planner once I meant with her we went over my paperwork which said my wedding date was on Jan 28th and it was really April 16th, also it said I bought 20 pictures which I did not, along with five other problems on my paperwork. When my wedding planner on the boat called Sandy she got upset because my wedding planner showed me the paperwork which she messed up on. Like she did not want us to see proof of her mistake and try to hide it. Also order a cake which the day of my wedding it was wrong it was the wrong color it was brown and it was supposed to be white and I gave special order to have my cake done with fake rose petals which I brought and they got lost in the kitchen.

I started crying and my husband was upset on our wedding which I have pictures. I also purchased to have my room decorated which it did not happen until 7:00 pm at night when I was told it would happen at 8:00 am. I never got my honeymoon breakfast. My wedding day was ruined and we are disappointed and also feel like were are not a priority.

Terrible customer service. Double charged for my cruise. Was told to call back in 2hrs to start refund process. Called back and waited on phone for an hr to be told they couldn't process my refund at that time due to system issues and someone would get back to me that evening. No one ever got back to me that night. Had to call back again - spoke to manager who was not apologetic at all. Told refund would be applied to my card in 7 to 10 days. I hope the customer service on the cruise is better than what I have experienced so far.

Anyone looking to sail on a cruise ship stay far away from Royal Caribbean!!! Myself and a friend decided to take our first cruise with RC and chose this cruise line because of the awesome advertising they have in their commercials. We took Empress of the Seas in January and were excited to hear that there was a 14 million dollar renovation on this particular cruise ship. When we arrived on the ship we were stunned to say the least!!! They had falsely advertised this cruise ship to being renovated but everything on the ship was old, dirty, and smelled!!! We tried to get off of the ship immediately but were told that if we decided to leave the ship, there would be a 300 dollar port fee per person plus we would lose every nickel of what we paid for!

We decided to stay since we had no other choice and headed to the only buffet opened. We were mortified and disgusted to see that the first things on the buffet were rotted fruit, and the food was not replenished for hours!! (as you can clearly see in the pictures). The sit down dining was no better. The steak looked like it was fake meat and nothing tasted real!!! Myself and my friend had upset stomachs the entire time including me breaking out to something in our room!! I had hives all over my hands and when I had called to get medical care was told I would be fully charged no matter if it was Royal Caribbean's fault or not!!! Pictures don't lie!!! If you are going to spend your money on a cruise, go with Disney all the way!!! I would have stayed home for 4 days than to experience this again! If Royal gave me a free voucher to go back I would say NO 100 PERCENT!!!

Service was awful as well. We ordered the drink package and added gratuity. We thought it would be easier to do it ahead of time so there was no paperwork and signing every time. Boy were we wrong!! We were made to sign for every little thing we ordered including coffee! We also felt pressured to leave extra tip because every receipt had a tip line. Made it very awkward when you didn't leave a tip however we had added the gratuity before we arrived! We accumulated so many receipts it was a HUGE waste of paper. I had a huge purse full of drink receipts. Even at dinner for every drink, we had to fill out a receipt slip. Lastly, our bathroom flooded on the last day of the cruise and we were late to our excursion! The renovation had said they had fixed plumbing issues but clearly not!!! If you have the choice to stay home or take a Royal Caribbean cruise, STAY HOME!!!

October 2016 because of Hurricane I was unable to leave NC to Florida to take my Cruise. The Cruise that was supposed to depart on Thursday keep postponing, but not canceling. It was postponed for Friday and it left the Port 9 pm Friday the 7th of October... All the airports closed to arrived in Florida. After many calls and days of talking with so many people and explaining the same things, a Employee from Royal Caribbean, sent me a Certification in my name for $425.00 to use for a future Cruise until October 2017. I have paid around $639. The $200 they have claim it was for Tax, so it could not be included on the Certificate. Ok... Not completely happy as I lost $200, but I was ok... as I was able at least to travel until October 2017.

2 weeks ago I called to make sure all is ok, so I could set up my next cruise... and GUESS what. The Certificate that Hugo ** gave as a PDF document under my name, with the amount they have said: $425.00... was a FAKE no existing Certificate. Can you imagine How I felt? Grace ** from Guest Relations did a poor job trying to help with my Customer Satisfaction. Royal Caribbean employee commit a huge mistake sending. I customer cannot suffer because their error. They have to fix, and work with their employee. Do not Travel or trust on this Cruise company. I have travel a lot with Norwegian Cruise Line and they are amazing!

I made a reservation 2 months ago for Jewel of the Seas on 3/18/2018 Southern Caribbean. It was a surprise to my wife for our 20th Anniversary. On 4/4 2017 I got a email saying that the cruise had been chartered and the cruise was cancelled. It was very hard to tell my wife. I will never cruise again!

I am a victim of identity theft and fraud by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. I work in the technology industry and am very sensitive to protecting my identity. Royal Caribbean was where I became a victim of identity theft.

Background: In September of 2016, I reserved a cruise for my wife and I to celebrate our anniversary. I called Royal Caribbean to make the reservation. I gave the agent my credit card info and security code. Two days later, an address change was filed with the United States Post Office via the internet. This required a credit card with a billing address that matches the changing from address. This was the same credit card I provided Royal Caribbean. They also had my address from the reservation and the security code from the credit card. This was the ONLY transaction on my credit card making it obvious that the breach happened at Royal Caribbean. The address changed to is in Hialeah, FL which is a suburb of Miami where Royal Caribbean is based.

Impact: As I didn't receive notification of the address change for a week, the impact this was far-reaching. I had to close banking accounts and credit card accounts. Both my wife (an elementary school teacher) and I took time away from work and hours on the phone with USPS and the Hialeah Police Dept. I've had to secure credit protection. I was at a conference, had to leave two days early and drive 5 hours home in the middle of the night to fight this. Even worse, my elderly mother had mailed me a check which was rerouted in this fraud. Thus she had to close her checking account too. This was very trying for her as well. All of which is a result of Royal Caribbeans inability to protect my credit card and address information. It's hard to put into words the impact this has had on my family, it has been and continues to be significant.

Status: I have been pursuing this with Royal Caribbean for SIX months now. Royal Caribbean refuses to acknowledge their ownership in this issue. Other than two weeks ago, I have had no communication from Royal Caribbean since early December. Very unprofessional. After numerous emails and calls this month, I've finally made contact and the matter is pretty much being denied by Royal Caribbean and swept under the rug.

Royal Caribbean continues to refuse to acknowledge this incident or take responsibility. I am a Platinum member of their Crown & Anchor Society which means I've cruised with them a number of times. Yet, they continue to avoid this issue. Clearly they don't value loyal passengers. If you want to avoid identity theft, I recommend avoiding Royal Caribbean and its affiliate Celebrity Cruise Lines. Please use my experience to protect yourself. Find another company to cruise with, I know I will.

I booked this cruise (Anthem of the Seas) for 3/26/17. I try to NEVER cruise when kids are out of school. However, this cruise was over-run with unaccompanied minors! This ship has: Flow rider, iFly, bumper cars, roller skating, circus school... plus water slides, etc.. The only ride my husband and I can do is the 'North Star', the emblem of this ship, it's a pod on an arm that lifts you 300 ft. above sea level, then is supposed to go over the edge of the ship and over the water. A 9 min. ride, supposed to be available at sea or in port. Well, 1st, it never goes past the edge of the ship, so never over the water. 2. IT WAS COMPLETELY BOOKED OUT ON DAY ONE, OF A 7 DAY CRUISE?? WHAT??? A 9 min. ride, completely booked? Yup. I had to go through customer service to even get to ride it ONCE.

Then when in Port, at RCCL's private island and all the kids were ashore, we tried to get in a standby line... nope! Closed until just before all the kids were back! OMG... I was never on a cruise during the school year, where the kids were literally running wild THE WHOLE CRUISE! Always, they were with their group or with THEIR PARENTS.

Oh my (as I shake my head), where do I begin to describe how awful that this Royal Caribbean cruise experience was for my husband and I??? Let me begin by saying that there was one great thing about this cruise and that was the quality of the headliner shows on the March 25th sailing of the Independence of the Seas. The dance show was great and it got better and better after that with the comedy of Kivi Rogers, the sensational sounds of a men's acapella group called the Edge Effect and what can I say about the amazing production of Grease? We absolutely loved these shows but unfortunately, that is ALL we loved about any of this cruise experience and when I say ALL I mean all.

We had such bright expectations too, you know?! I had not been cruising since 2002 and I was really looking forward to the entire experience on the high seas. Actually, my experience in 1997, twenty years ago on Carnival Cruise Lines, was very good. I thought that Royal Caribbean was going to be a huge upgrade but instead it was a huge precipitous downgrade in all aspects. We had done so much research about this ship and had actually watched a bunch of YouTube videos that different people had made of their experience. Needless to say that we were so excited! The ship seemed huge and spacious but now looking back I realize why they made the ship so massive. It was simply to jam as many people into every available corner of the vessel that they possibly could. Except for when the ship was docked Costa Maya or in Cozumel (our two stops), this ship felt like a sardine can most of the time.

Going to the pools on the 11th deck was not a very satisfying nor sanitary experience whatsoever. We actually had to present our SeaPass card in order to "check out" two pool towels and get this, if you did not check it back in you were charged a whopping $25.00 per towel! Can you believe that??? They actually would charge you a fee for not bringing a common pool towel back to the staff??? I could not believe it? Couldn't they have just provided towels in the room instead? It just added to the overall lack of customer service that came to symbolize RCCL the best. Oh yeah, I almost forgot one more thing that was great was the fitness center. It was very nice and provided a great workout experience for sure. But again, if not for the shows and the gym, this would have rated a big fat zero in my book.

Getting onboard was quite the hassle because it seemed like you had to go through a million doors before you got onboard the ship and it was getting onboard that presented the most discomfort of all. I was caught up in the euphoria and taking video of getting onto the ship and after clearing Customs and security, I thought that we were all clear. Well, as I was soon to find out in a rude manner by an RCCL crew member, I was not yet through all of the security hoops. I presented my SeaPass card and she went to scan it but noticed that I was still recording video. She immediately made me stop my camera and told me that I needed to delete the footage because I was in US Port Security Zone. I tried to show her that I did not know but she was just rude and held me up.

I thought that she was going to confiscate my little GoPro camera. First of all, why did she have to make me feel like I was a criminal? There was absolutely no need for that kind of treatment at all. She was not a US government official or anything. She had the RCCL crew uniform on and should have been nicer. Yet she wasn't. To top it all off, the ship never did a Bon Voyage moment at all and just started to pull away from port without telling the passengers. I don't know about you but my memories go back to the days of the "Love Boat" and Captain Stubing but this was nothing at all like that, not even close! I noticed that as we were leaving that there was this US Coast Guard ship escorting us out to sea. It had a person on it who was standing there on that vessel manning a machine gun!? I kid you not, wow we have come a long way from innocence have we not??? Why in the world would that even be necessary?

Of all the things that were disappointing, the foods was definitely at the top of the list. First of all, my husband and I are vegan and I put on a little over ten pounds in five days and that was even after trying to eat healthily. Let me say this, apart from eating apples, oranges, bananas and melons, there is NOTHING healthy about any of the food aboard this ship! It is drenched with oils and fats, high-fructose corn syrup and way too much sodium. I did not expect to lose weight on this cruise but I certainly did not expect to put on ten pounds! The Windjammer was like a visit to Golden Corral or Ryan's. The quality of the food was awful and the amount of people hoarding after food was disgusting to say the least.

Oh and the help? They were of no help at all whatsoever. Some were actually quite rude and mean, to be honest. I was very much disappointed with most of all the crew members that we got into contact with. Oh and forget thinking that you have a table if you get up to get seconds. On several occasions, we were made to go searching for another table to eat our meal because as soon as we got up, our table would get cleared off and when we came back there would be someone else there at our spot. It was discouraging and annoying. I highly recommend that you NOT bother with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, believe me there must be others that are better out there. Any one of the others is a huge improvement.

I've been on a few cruises just recently. We took our honeymoon in February on the Majesty of the Seas. We were supposed to leave Monday at 4 but because they're not go against and replacing the life jackets they were stopped by the coast guards and we were not able to leave until Tuesday at 6 which caused us to miss one of our stops. We were assured if we stayed on the ship and they cannot get our money back that we would make all the stops and their itinerary but we didn't end up leaving till 6 o'clock Tuesday. All of our excursions were cancelled. We were in Nassau for only a little bit due to being late. By the time I got there everything downtown closed at 5 o'clock and we can go out there shift afternoon. Then Thursday when we were supposed to go to Cococay originally on Tuesday the weather was bad so we headed back to Port. So Monday, Tuesday, Thursday night and Friday we were in Port Canaveral.

They think that $130 credit and 25% towards another cruise is sufficient enough. We spend an extra hundred and twenty to have our massages done on the ships in how we couldn't go to report Tuesday and have them done for 200 and it being a struggling young couple. We don't have time to take another vacation in a year and to leave our kids behind to go on another cruise without them. All the excursions we wanted to do we didn't get to do. I don't know more sweaters and I'm getting back. That's all they're doing for everybody that was on the ship due to their negligence not anybody else's.

My husband and I took this cruise to celebrate my 64th birthday and just to relax and get away. It was anything but relaxing, 2,000 students celebrating spring break. These kids were rude, obnoxious, loud and disrespectful. Royal Caribbean allowed them to run drunk and wild all over the ship. We couldn't sit by the pool. One guy vomited all over one of the chairs. There was broken glass lying on the pool deck. I tried sitting on the balcony off of our stateroom and they were in the room next to us screaming and banging around. There was no quiet place to get away from it all. We've cruised with RC before and had a wonderful experience. That was quite a few years ago. I guess they have lowered their standards. This will be our last time cruising with this cruise line.

We arrived at the port at noon, we were early, there was hardly anyone in line. We went through a very disorganized baggage drop off with the guys telling you that if you want your bags on time to tip them good... We go to park and there is not a single spot. We have to go to the lot over and walk over. By the time we get back over there, it's 12:30 and the line is ridiculous. Their computer systems went down and they had to enter every one of us manually. We are standing in line and they security lets hundreds of people cut in front of us and when someone said something about it, they said it's gonna happen, nothing they can do.

We finally get to the desk at 3:45 and they had messed up the names in our stateroom (they had my husband listed in both rooms) and the old lady said it was our fault even though they had called and tweaked our single room to 2 different ones the day before because they didn't have enough rooms for 4 people. She had to get someone else to fix it, they were nice but it took another 30 minutes (and it still wasn't fixed. They had my husband's card messed up for like 2 days). We planned to eat lunch on the boat, my 5 and 2 year olds hadn't eaten since breakfast and somehow we end up being the last ones on the boat at 4:15. We had until 4:30-4:45 something like that to be at our muster station for the safety demonstration, and we go to try and go ANYWHERE to get anything real quick for my kids to eat on the way and they blocked our way and said we can't that we have to go now, even though we still had 20 minutes. I was furious.

There was never anything else said other than the announcer in the terminal saying sorry for the delay, no formal apology to everyone for the terrible process and making kids and old people go without food for so long. Then on top of that we all crowded outside all the food places until 7, because they were running behind before they finally opened. So we were charged gratuities for a day that didn't start until 7, my kids went from breakfast to their bedtime without access to food. And nothing was said. We went to talk to customer service and we're told that 90% of the passengers probably had the same story, what do we want them to do about it... make up for it and act like it matters! Ugh.

The room was comfortable with extra fans that we brought. The food was fine. Other than that... The weather sucked and was cold, which they can't help, but it added to the annoyance. The parades were disorganized and you could tell they were just going through the motions. You had to search for any kind of information (like what port number your boat was at, show tickets, shore excursion limits). Kid pools closed early (6 pm, what??). Super crowded.

As we leave, they stop us and say we can't get off the boat that we have to go to customer service. We get there and she says that we have to settle our account, we did cash pay so that they wouldn't have a card on file to mess up charges on. They tried to charge us for a $550+ drink package when we bought 1 soft drink package the 2nd day that they had to hand write a receipt because their system was still down and they still hadn't fixed my husband's card. We said, "No, we got a different package, here look at the sticker on the card." She didn't believe us... So we told her we also ordered 3 alcoholic beverages the whole trip and paid for them. Why would we get a $500+ package for 3 drinks and 10 full ups at the Coke machine and pay for our drink separately. She said that's what we ordered we had to pay.

I said that I wanted to talk to a supervisor because she wasn't listening to what we were saying and we needed to leave, this was wasting our time. She told me not to be rude that she couldn't do anything we had to pay. I said to call a manager now that I wasn't talking to her about it anymore because she wasn't listening. I'm not paying $550 for something I didn't buy or use. She rolled her eyes and called and Sat on the phone for 5 minutes then said it was taken care of, we could go and gave us glares and shooed us away. I did not thank her. We walked away and were finally able to get off the boat.

Oh and the mobile customs app they told us to download, wasted my time downloading it and putting in all 4 of our passport info for it to say it was unable to process at that time... so we had to go through the regular line anyways. Useless. We will not ever be cruising Royal Caribbean again and advising everyone we know not to either. There were several other small things throughout the trip but I'm just mentally exhausted after a week with them.

February 2017 - "Majesty of the Seas," I arrived in my stateroom and the so called mini bar was 2 bottled waters on the desk. The water sat there untouched all week. Last day 6:15 AM my statement shows a credit balance, I left at 9:15 AM with the bottled water still there. I arrived home at midnight to find the my credit had been used and a charge of $10.39 was made for "mini-bar items." I called and the phone staff was like a bunch of robots. They absolutely did not care. Their "process" takes 7 business days to return the stolen money back to you.Through the BBB, I was told that they recommend guest have unwanted mini-bar items removed from their stateroom on the first day of the cruise. REALLY? They did not tell me this BEFORE my cruise. Further, they say they are "transitioning their fleet" to a menu system -- Guest will be asked to select any items they want in their bar.

The on-board employees were wonderful. I will CAUTIOUSLY consider their brand again but only because the employees who finally helped me get my refund were nice. The call center employees are robots and have no empathy. WATCH your WALLET when dealing with RCI. Score for Amenities low because I don't like being charged for things I did not use. I certainly do not appreciate them taking money that was not their and holding on to it for 7 days.

I am not much of a cruiser but my granddaughter wanted one for her honeymoon. So, I conferred with my daughter, who likes cruises, and she recommended booking for 5 nights with stops in Haiti (her favorite stop) and Jamaica. Well they returned home today and never got to Haiti. Apparently someone got sick and the ship had to return to the mainland. The Haiti stop was canceled and the ship proceeded to Jamaica. I explained to Keisha in "customer service" that I was highly disappointed in the cruise and that they need to compensate them with another at their expense.

She basically said that is not their policy and they would offer nothing because it wasn't their fault. I get that somebody got sick, but taking 2 days off of the land portion of a 5-day cruise in not acceptable. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she refused to transfer the call. I finally hung up on her and will take my battle to the social media instead. I gave them an opportunity to make a first-time customer happy and they failed miserably. Do not go with Royal Caribbean. They do not care about their customers.

DO NOT CHOOSE THIS CRUISE!!! HUGE SCAM!!! HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I traveled with 3 of my friends from Chicago to Florida on this cruise. It was supposed to be a fun 4 night Bahamas getaway (Port Canaveral Roundtrip) departing on 9/5/16 at 4:00 PM and returning on 9/9/2016 7:00 am with the Majesty of the Seas of Royal Caribbean Cruises. However, this has been an ongoing nightmare from the moment they asked me to put down my credit card as part of the check-in process.

After returning from the trip, I received a credit card bill for a charge of $2874.49 which I did NOT sign nor authorize on the ship!!! I contacted my bank immediately and asked them to investigate. The bank/credit card company representative and myself tried calling the customer service number but they were unable to help, and refused to provide proof of purchase (which means they must not have any proof of signature)! It has been now been six months and this still has not been resolved!!!

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Was booking a stateroom on Royal Caribbean Cruise line on Sunday and mid booking (step 2 of 5) price increased!! After phone call, they admitted a "computer glitch" on their end and 1 hour 18 min on phone with Royal Caribbean Cruise line they still refused to honor the original price that I was in the middle of booking! Sarah, a resolution specialist offered to "meet me half way" ($90 of the $180 increase in price). I accepted the $90 off the original booking and said that I would be willing to take the balance in onboard credits. Sarah said that half way was all she could do, when I insisted on speaking to her supervisor she stated that I would receive a call within 24-48 hours, 3 days later NO CALL!

I called tonight to book another stateroom for family members and inquired as to why I had not heard from anyone, only to be told by Josh, another resolution specialist that they would not honor the balance of $90 in onboard credits! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE - THE ERROR WAS ON THEIR END. THEY SHOULD HONOR THE LOWER PRICE IN FULL!!!

Liz (supervisor) at Royal Caribbean is such a rude human being. She has no sense of what is ethical or right in this world. She refused to give me her last name or supervisor's name. Because of Liz I will never cruise Royal Caribbean (I am platinum on Princess). Please do yourself a favor and NEVER cruise Royal Caribbean.

Me and my wife went on 2 different cruises with Royal Caribbean in less than a year. We drank liquor, beer and mixed drinks all morning & all night without getting drunk. My wife drinks special occasions normally 2 or 3 drinks she is past drunk. So it's no way possible that she should have been able to drink all day. I got upset didn't drink 1 morning. We got off the boat & got 2 free drinks at Atlantis Casino. My wife couldn't finish her 2nd drink. We was drunk, tipsy buzzed or whatever you want to call it. We was happy, satisfied finally. Well we get back on the boat, started back drink a lot but the more we drink the more we sobered up. I complained. I told the bartender it was my birthday that I only got on the cruise was to party and get drunk for my bday to make something I could feel. He made me a Hennessy that he got from the back even though it was a more than half bottle of open Hennessy on the shelf.

Finally I was upset that I had paid so much for a drunk package for the 2nd time and wasn't able to get a buzz. We saved up about 4 shots of vodka and drink them back to back and we still wasn't drunk. I wasn't able to get my favorite mojito mixed drank not once on the cruise because they was out of mint. If I knew this I would not have paid all that money for an unlimited drink package or booked the cruise thru them. I was hit with all type of gratuity fees even after I was told I could tip in cash. But I was very upset that you would add gratuity fees knowing that I'm not happy with the drinks or service at the bars on the boat. Then I was told it cost 183 but got charged 297. I went to guest services to complain. Not to mention they broke my wife luggage. Never ever will I book a cruise thru Royal Caribbean again. I recommended them to a lot of folks in the past but after this I'll go cruise with a different cruise line in the future.

I honestly think that the liquor is flavored liquor without alcohol or with a different lower proof than what's on the label. It taste real but it's not real vodka. Bootlegged fake drinks. If it was real you would see a lot of people fighting, puking, walking drunk, not able to drink all day every day of the cruise. People go to clubs 11 pm til 2 am with a small budget and their friends have to carry them out the club so how then same people get on a boat with an unlimited drink budget and can drink morning to night... NOT POSSIBLE. IT'S A SCAM. I WANT A REFUND. The same ** happened to us on Norwegian also. I think they got fake liquor and real liquor. Side by side.

Then every time we tried to go to dinner we had to wait or was told to go to a different restaurant. They had 4 people listed in my cabin but it was only 2 of us. Had my wife scared to sleep think someone was going to come in the room with a different room key. Every night it was a kid movie playing on the tv screen on the Deck. Try to order a drink while a pretty woman walk up beside you (male) the men bartenders will overlook you and serve and flirt with the ladies. Then we stopped drink alcohol. I was sober and bored on my birthday on the boat.

The freestyle soda machine was broke on the last day of the cruise and the bars shut down. So we could not get any soda for hours. I was so pissed that I paid all that money for the unlimited drink package and couldn't even get a soda or a real alcohol drink. So funny when I went to complain I found out it was others upset about the same thing. I been on a lot of cruises this was the worst cruise ever. I'm staying away from Norwegian & Royal Caribbean.

Compare Cruise Lines