3.49/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

641 RCI Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 15, 2019

I used to love the customer service and helpfulness of RCI. Recently, they have become the company you can not rely on! Do NOT book through RCI Travel! They said I had $1100 in travel money, made me pay upfront for my airline tickets, and only gave me back $500. They are not the same company they used to be. I used to use them for everything. Now when you call, you're calling another country, they hang up on you, won't let you speak to a manager, cancel your reservation without telling you, so you have to buy another package, and don't give you what they promise! I'm never using them again! I'd cancel the package right now, if I thought they wouldn't cancel the flights I paid for!

Original review: July 10, 2019

We have been members of RCI exchange for years. I have to say that all the years we were very happy with the service we received. Although last weekend we arrived to a resort late at night to find out that RCI didn't send our reservation to the resort. After few attempts to contact RCI we gave up. Thankfully I found printed confirmation and they were able to create new reservation. Today I called RCI and they said is nothing they can do because I should call them the day we arrived to resort and there is nothing they can do now. No compensation for time lost, and unnecessary stress, not even apology.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2019

We have had a timeshare for 20+ years as a previous reviewer also mentioned. I would wholeheartedly second her observation that the properties are getting fewer and fewer. We have a RedWeek at Va. Beach, VA which is a hot property, but we still find ourselves many times unable to trade for anything decent in a place that we would want to visit. You know something is up when you search for Florida and can find only Orlando... There just aren't enough properties willing to deal with RCI anymore is the feeling I get. I also feel like there is sometimes some underhandedness for busy weeks like spring break and Christmas.

It is my hunch that they hold back some of their properties and would rather get the $$ for them instead of an even trade in with owners. Very disappointed in the way that RCI seems to be headed. My friend is now just renting her property outright without banking with RCI anymore. I am thinking this may be the way to go. I am very disillusioned and disappointed as we have had some really great vacations through RCI in the past.

Original review: July 2, 2019

If I could give a minus star rating, I would. Unfortunately, at least one star has to be chosen. We were called in Nov 2018 with this "great" deal for $798, which provided 4 days, 3 nights to amazing beachfront resort properties in Orlando and Daytona. PLUS, 6 days and 5 nights in Grand Cayman. BUT WAIT, there's more! We also received 5 days and 4 nights at an all-inclusive resort in Cancun or Los Cabos. WHAT?! All that for $798?! Well sign me up! DON'T DO IT!!

The sales person blatantly LIES about the "beachfront resort properties." The Orlando properties are pits. The Daytona properties are outdated Holiday Inns that no one would ever consider staying at unless you like roaches, stained mattresses and one elevator that doesn't work. The list of properties sent to us in June 2019 is far different than the list sent in November 2018. Both are horrendous and despicable. My 20-something children, who are just starting out, wouldn't even consider these properties. This place needs to be put out of business.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Do NOT buy anything from them. They always have and will continue to hide fees, block you from your product you bought to sign up for another year of nothing on service, and truly are crooks. Give all timeshares to your ex-wife or ex-husband if you really hate them. They just sucks on every level.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RCI?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: June 28, 2019

After I booked the hotel, within half an hour due to some reason I wanted to change the hotel location. They didn't do anything about it and said it can't be undone. My money was deducted and nothing was done about it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

We've been members of RCI for probably 20+ years. We don't even use it half the time, because no one in our family can find semi-decent hotels to go to anymore. In probably the past 10 years we've really seen a decline in the properties you can choose from. Think... old outdated hotels. Our daughter booked a trip which is still FOUR months away, and after looking at other packages online realized that she would have to pay DOUBLE for her trip through RCI vs. cheaper packages that included her airfare. I spoke to them today, and out of the 225 dollars they charged on her card, they will give 89 dollars back to her. Because "if you exchange a week, and pay 225 dollars, you only have 24 hours to get that back". We've decided RCI is no longer worth the money, OR the value they provide. We'll be getting rid of them.

Original review: June 26, 2019

In the last couple of years we have experienced timeshare sales with Blue-Green, Diamond Resorts and Wyndham. As well as our own with Holiday Inn Club Vacations. One thing we hear the most is that RCI only offers 25% of its properties for exchange to other timeshares. And what was really bothersome on the sales pitch by Wyndham is they said the same. So if that is true who sees the remainder 75%? Who decides? From the reviews by the owners who are RCI members they do not seem to have much say.

We always address the issues of the property that we are considering renting by calling ahead of time to check out. Location. Views. Age. Cleanliness. In our 3 1/3 years of ownership, we have had a couple of issues with cleanliness. The RCI rep has been helpful in refunds and rebooking. It would be nice to have access to their properties that are in sale which their website has. Our link from HICV does not allow access.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I have my timeshare in the Poconos for thirty six years. The first 15 worked out well. Then all the rules changed. They wanted me to pay a few thousand dollars to switch to the point system. Although my week is considered prime time my exchange choices were not prime time. So for one week I have to pay maintenance. That's fine. Then you have to pay for a RCI subscription each year and other fees to trade. How much do they think I'm willing to pay for a one week vacation. I have since dropped out of my affiliation with RCI. Wyndem (wrong spelling) has purchased RCI and things became even worst. So now I pay my yearly maintenance fee and that's it. With all the other costs I don't pay I apply to a second vacation. Keep it simply.

Resolution response: June 19, 2019

The company did indeed reach out to me concerning the issue at hand. The lady i spoke with was very polite, and understanding. I couldn't be happier with how she handled the situation, made me feel like a valued costumer.

Original review: June 18, 2019

First I would like to state, this review has nothing to do with the RCI timeshare exchange service, they have been nothing but wonderful. This review is in regards to RCI Travel packages, which is controlled and sold through Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. Me and my family had purchased a travel package from them August of last year. We bought the cruise and one all inclusive trip to Mexico with 2000 savings dollars for a total of just over two grand.

In November me and my family planned a trip to Niagara Falls NY, I used their service to book a hotel for the weekend. The hotel booked was Super 8 North. In the description the location was not listed, so i figured north as in New York, being we are United States residents. After purchasing the hotel I noticed the confirmation was listed as Canada. This would not had been a problem if we had passports. Not even 5 minutes later I called the travel packages to reverse the reservation and rebooked the Super 8, listed in New York. The employee i spoke to told me if the charge appeared on the credit card to dispute it. So we did.

We heard nothing from RCI Travel Packages for 8 months. I logged on to book a hotel for our upcoming drive to Florida, to find out we have been locked out of the account. I called to figure out what was wrong, and they told me it's because we disputed the charge as instructed. I explained to them, it is what we were instructed to do. I checked my credit card statement, and for 8 months they took out the monthly payment, totaling just under $1000 (this month will equal it to be $1000).

I asked why we were not contacted and the response was, because the credit card company owns the payment. I asked whose name was on the account, and the representative said "Yours". I asked him, who owned the credit card, he again said "yours". I then said since they could still take the payment, its safe to say the credit card is being paid? he replied "Yes" so i told him it only makes sense then the company is to contact the owner of the account and no one else regarding these matters, and asked again why I was not contacted. I explained to him, it is indeed against the law to void a service and still collect payments on said service, when you overdraft the bank freezes the account, cell phones get shut off, but people dont get billed until the account is up to date and in good standing. He said they would continue to still take the payment and my only option was to either pay them directly or end the dispute.

He then explained there was no record of being told to dispute because the representative I talked to "never opened a ticket" regarding the call. The rep then told me it was my only option. I replied I have many other options such as contacting corporate office directly, the BBB, RCI, travel and lodging commission, as I had many other options. He then became very apologetic and told me he was unable to make any changes and his manager would be able to help me, but I would have to wait a few hours so the manager could research what could be done. I agreed and said I would wait. It has been 3 days now and still nothing. I would not suggest this company to anyone.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I'm absolutely disgusted by the service from this company. They lie, they refuse to return funds and points, and they employ reps who can't even count. I purchased the cancellation protection policy just for them to deny the return of my money AND points used to book a vacation. They literally told me that their Grace Period (of 24 hours) trumps their cancellation coverage. SERIOUSLY what is the point of this Protection Plan then? So, to recap, I PAID for the transaction, I PAID for cancellation Protection, and when I had to cancel, I was refused a refund. Where exactly is the honesty or Protection in that?!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Worst company because they offer 27 points and it is impossible to get 27 points. Instead you paid 2 years in advance (in my case 3 years in advance). They defend themselves by saying that there is not its fault, it is the resort fault when we receive the confirmation for the paid. In all my years with them, there is the same issue. We will cancel our membership and go with the beach resort, or go to a different resort as Marriott.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased a vacation packages from RCI. I was sold a Cruise package for 2 regular cruise or one deluxe cruise and 1 weeks vacation rental. Price $3700.. this was a monthly payment plan for several months. I chose the deluxe Cruise and it cost me an additional $1800 in fees for booking to add my children and get a decent cabin only to get a decent stateroom (NOT EVEN an OCEAN View -- a Deluxe cruise was Royal Caribbean 7 day Caribbean cruise out of Port Canaveral).

After a lot of planning I found a vacation week I could attach to a cruise nearby. I booked a vacation week in California. Again it was an additional cost of $1200 for the weeks. I received stating I would receive a final confirmation which was not received. The reservation was never confirmed. I contacted them several times to try and resolve with no avail. After 5 months of calling with information they were missing, them advising me they had the reservation back on but it was not for 2 bedroom I had request. After so many calls I request my a refund from the certificate that they did not provide.

After threatening legal action. I did not want to deal with them any longer. Another Diego called back another day. He explained they had a policy on not refunding customers. I explained that they were in default of the contract. Not me. They did not provide me with the reservation that I made within my contract period. Diego persuaded me to try and book an alternative resort for me stay. They provided me 5 days to so. On the Thursday I tried to verify the website but I did not have access. When I looked again on the Tuesday most area and dates (the more popular dates in spring) were giving me an air message access denied. I am going to be trying to recover my funds via legal action.

DO not Buy any vacation Package from RCI. Take your money to a travel agent, they can give more options for a lot less than these guys. With RCI you are pre buying so RCI has your money. You are at their mercy. So far 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise through them one state room will have cost me close to $6000 US, not counting meals, drinks or any on board cost. Bottom line, go see a travel agent for vacations. RCI are noting but a sells pitch with big promises and disappointing results. You will end up paying double with RCI.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Whatever you do, do not use RCI Travel to make your hotel reservations. They are completely useless when it comes to making changes to a reservation because of Airlines cancellations unless you took out their insurance. All the other organizations that I dealt with, because of the cancellations, were very helpful and were happy to make all the changes requested without hesitation. My advice, stay away from RCI Travel.

Original review: May 24, 2019

This timeshare is an absolutely horrible scam, they talk it up to way waaaay more than it is! DO NOT FALL FOR IT LIKE I DID! Such a waste of money! I feel absolutely misled & completely stolen from????

Original review: May 14, 2019

I attended a Sapphire Resorts presentation in Big Bear and had an extremely uncomfortable conversation with the manager/leader at the presentation, Kenny **. I came in with the documentation provided to me at a previous presentation in Las Vegas. This documentation was what I had purchased (a trip for 8 days/7 nights to try out the resorts before purchasing a timeshare).

I had been unable to receive a response from customer service regarding why I could not yet schedule my trip and was hoping to get answers at this presentation. Instead, Mr. Kenny ** said "oh, that's not our company, they have bad reviews, we've heard negative comments about them." I responded with "This is a company you do business with. I walked into a Sapphire presentation and walked out with this paper." He continued to state that they are not associated with Sapphire and that it was "just about the money." His lack of professionalism continued with "You get what you pay for." Please save yourself huge headaches and time and walk away. Do not purchase a timeshare from a company whose representative will admit that it is about the money and not stand behind what they sold to me. THE FREE GIFTS ARE NOT WORTH THE TIME AND EFFORT AND LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This exact situation happened to myself and 3 other who were suppose to go on a cruise to Alaska this June. "We paid $200.00 a month to RCI that we were told was going for the cruise. After a year we finally got someone to get us our cruise. They needed $1665.00 plus $885.00 to pay for the cruise. They said the $200.00 per month was to be put on the preferred list, not the cruise. Had we known we could have gotten the tickets from Princess cruises for $1665.00. We called at least once a week and most of the time no one called us back. We will never use RCI again."

Michael I am so sorry you had to go through the same situation. We paid $4000 with tax included and two days before the cruise had to be paid off. We were told we had to pay an additional $2600 in two days or lose our cruise and all our money. We tried to dispute with our banking and have lost all our money because of lies. The lady we were going through even said she doesn't know why they are charging us additional money because the cruise was paid off. She then called the following day and told us the reason for the additional cost was because we upgraded our rooms. Which we never did. We never talked to anyone regarding any upgrading. Her only response was yes you did and don't be stubborn. Pay your money or else you will lose out on your money. NANCY **. Never again will we use RCI. Or do I recommend to anyone else.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Poor attention to detail. Twice, my niece's name was spelled wrong, on her plane ticket. First her last name. Tickets had to be cancelled and now at the 12th hour her name is not fully spelled on the ticket. This trip was all connected to a cruise. Hello, possibly copy paste, people!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Original review: May 2, 2019

We took a trip to Mayan Palace Riviera Vidanta Mexico in February 2019. After arriving late evening we just wanted to get to our room and relax our first of seven day stay. But we were greeted by a very persistent representative. The night didn't get any better because she lied, made promises she could not keep, promising a bottle of wine for each night that we were staying at the resort if we attended the presentation, that never happened. The bathroom I would rate at a two as well, I think they could have done a better cleaning of the shower.

At least 3 of the 6 nights that we stayed there I had to call several times about noise coming from next door (very loud TV late at night), and noise from across the hall. You could hear when other individuals would leave their room, because when the door would close it would echo throughout the hall. You have to check your bill very carefully before paying when checking out, there was a charge for a bottle of water on our bill that was never in the room. We were not told that we needed to give a 24 hour notice to get transportation back to the airport when we checked out the night before or when the reservation was made for the pickup from the airport. We will never stay at this resort again. It was the bottom of the line of their properties.

Original review: May 1, 2019

This is a review of the sales presentation for RCI's Club 365. If you're not interested in buying, then don't attend the presentation. It's not worth your time of 1.5 hours. The good. After arriving early and meeting with an adviser, the presentation started on time and was fairly engaging. It ended after an hour. Met with a different adviser for about 15 minutes. He realized we weren't buying and quickly gave us our "gifts". There was no high pressures sales.

The bad. Basic package was $14K, but you could get it reduced. The ugly. We were given a $5.00 Walmart card (told it was $25-500). We received the brochure to get the flight and the cruise. However, the steps and restrictions don't make it worth it. You must return the form with 3 weeks, you pick 2 dates and 2 cruise ports or destination airports and hope you can make work what you get. You must also send $50 or $75 refundable deposit via money order/certified check AND certified mail. You can't fly a week before or after major holidays, including President's Day and Columbus Day.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I trade my timeshare on RCI each year, so I not only pay an exorbitant annual maintenance fee to The Manhattan Club, but also the RCI $99 annual membership fee plus a $245 trade fee each time I book a trip. A few years ago, I was informed by RCI that my original 47,500 points were now valued at 60,700. Sounds great, right? Well, I actually don't use all those points every year, so I thought I could just let unused points expire. Instead, I discovered today that unused points automatically get rolled over into the next use year for a fee of $36. So it seems to me RCI increased my points so that it could get an extra $36 each year from me. I wish I could get out of this entire scam for good.

Original review: April 20, 2019

When I was told by RCI that I had $1200 sitting in my account that had to be used or I would lose it, I thought since we were thinking of a river cruise in 2020 this would be a good way to use it. When I was quoted a price for the cruise and an additional package for hotel discounts etc, after comparing prices with other cruise companies, it appeared to be a good deal. Because it appeared to be such a good deal I asked numerous times does this include the cruise and everything in the package.

Each time I asked I was assured that yes, this was the total cost. However, several days later after paying a downpayment I was notified that they had made a mistake in quoting the price and that they were not prepared to honor their original offer which I had accepted and that I had to cancel the cruise with the cruise line... at a cost of $200. No compensation was offered and the supervisor whom I had to deal with over several days became aggressive and abusive. A most disappointing and frustrating experience. Stay clear of these "come on's" from disreputable companies like RCI.

Original review: April 20, 2019

We purchased our vacation points for $10,000. We were led to think that we could go anywhere at any time we wished. The problem is that there is no availability for the places you wish to go because the timeshare owners haven't 'deposited' their property in the exchange. You're basically waiting on them to make a place available. It's not already available, and first come first serve property owned by the resort. It's timeshare owners making it available when they wish to make it available. You are still dependent on timeshare owners, no matter how they dress up the 'point system'.

Original review: April 1, 2019

My mother was scammed into buying this. For 2600.00 she could get two cruises, a Hawaii resort stay, and 500.00 cash to use for the trips. The 500.00 cash is so hard to use, we were never able to claim it. What they don't tell you is NOTHING is free! I have calculated and my mom might have saved 1,000.00 on the cost of these trips. So in essence, she paid this company 1600.00 for shoddy service and complete frustration. You call for help and there is nothing they can do. They keep telling you to call the cruise line, you can't call the cruise line because they are your travel agent and they don't do anything for you.

Right now I am on hold because they authed a payment to the credit card but it didn't go through and I received a call saying, "In 72 hours your trip will be cancelled." This was not my error and they do nothing to help you. I have been on hold for over 20 minutes to speak to a supervisor after the agent did nothing to help me and was extremely rude. She said, "Sorry they are pushing us to get these payments." Again...not my fault. Regardless, you are doing all the arrangements yourself and when you do call for help, they don't have time for you. It is much cheaper to just plan the trip yourself and the cruise lines can then help you directly and you will save money. Don't do this, please! They prey on people.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Scammed into a Hasty decision, no way out it seems. They only care about taking your money then say, "Sucker, too bad. Nothing you can do about it." No way out. Sapphire Resorts, Jockey Club, Starpoint whatever you call yourselves...I say scammed.

Resolution response: March 21, 2019

I was incorrect on the actual name. They are not "The Registry Collection" company out of Carmel IN. I cannot find them listed with any BBB US city, or in Mexico.

Complete Scam. Stay Away.

Original review: March 12, 2019

RCI Promotions, RCI Timeshares, RCI, LLC. If you want to file a BBB complaint, their actual name is: The Registry Collection. PO Box 2099. Carmel, IN 46082 317-805-9349. My in-laws have a timeshare with them and suggested we call to ask about a promotion for us to go with them on a trip to Cancun Mexico. We booked a trip with RCI Promotions on 9/10/18 for a beautiful resort. They said that they could not finalize the trip with the resort until we were 3-month out and they said that someone would call us back near the first of January.

After no call, we called on 1/24/19 and was told that there were no more basic rooms which was the one we booked. So they said that we could pay a fee to upgrade to a better room, or they could switch our reservation to another resort. We looked up that resort, and it was nothing compared to the one we booked. It was like a Motel 6 vs a Four Seasons. So we told them that we would pay the upgrade fee. They said that they would get it booked and that we would get an email with our reservation info. So 3 days later we receive that email and it has us booked at the wrong resort (the one they suggested... Motel 6).

We called back and they said that there is nothing that they can do, because all the rooms are taken. Since we already had other family staying at the correct resort (the one we booked on Sept 10th) we were stuck. So I called the resort directly and they said that they had plenty of rooms of each. This didn't matter to RCI and they refused to help and when I asked for my money back, they said that it was non-refundable. Complete Scam!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I was nicely informed about this great package and the fact they could do much better than a cruise I has already booked for 2020. After committing to purchase everything I realized I had been scammed too late. Unfortunately I left on an extended vacation and the time to rescind had passed even though I offered for them to keep the deposit. I was stuck paying the $146 a month for 18 months for vacations I did not really want. Their $2,900 vacation savings certificates offered no savings and are more than the normal cost at other websites. The "7 day cruise" is actually for very limited dates and cabin locations unless of course you pay a premium to upgrade.

My upgraded cost bought me a lifeboat oceanview! The benefit of a timeshare week also was limited to the worst dates or locations unless you paid an additional premium. I decided to just book a cruise and timeshare to use up my so-called benefits and be done with their program. Now I get a call that since I booked a cruise I have to pay the balance of the $146 a month membership before I can take the cruise. That is $2,199! That information was never told to me. As a frequent traveler, this was my worse vacation purchase ever. I am only writing this review so someone else might not make the same mistake.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

RCI will call your house, make the package deal sound so grand, very accommodating, stay on the phone with you as long as you need, answer any questions and then after you purchase the package deal for $2000 that's when everything changes. You can no longer get in touch with who you need to get in touch with, the reps are no longer so nice, the package deals have costs associated with the more beautiful resorts and you have to pay all of these fees on top of the $2000 you already paid for the package deal. Very manipulative company and fraudulent.

They will not accommodate you as they did when they were trying to sell you a package. It's just best to book your own vacations through another website or maybe even Groupon, than to have to deal with their customer service managers, attitudes and ignorance. I am saying all of this to say, save your $2,000 plus dollars and avoid the headache of having to deal with con-artists. They know that they are scamming people and make a living off of it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

In October 2018 my wife contacted RCI agent James ** to book our next family cruise in Royal Caribbean for March 17-24 2019 (Spring Break). For some reason the agent booked us for February 17-14! Unfortunately we were not able to catch this mistake. In the validation call my wife took the call while she was driving but it was very noisy and didn't catch the wrong dates. To make things worse they sent a confirmation email to my Hotmail account instead of my wife's... and it went to spam. I agree...the validation call gave them all the right to process the purchase but there was a mistake on their side that we failed to catch. I called RCI to find a resolution, compensation, help, support or anything. For RCI the validation call is all that matters...but guess what! They even admitted the other calls clearly stated that the date requested was in March! Avoid booking through RCI!

RCI expert review by Lisa Ann Schreier

RCI is one of the largest brokers of timeshare properties in the world. The company was founded in1974 by Christel DeHaan, and they offer a wide range of timeshare options, from resort stays to partial condo ownership.

• Part of Wyndham Worldwide Group: RCI is part of Wyndham Worldwide Group, which affords customers access to one of the largest networks of vacation properties to choose from, across six continents.

• Global presence: Travelers interested in owning a timeshare somewhere far from home can find a property through RCI, which has affiliated resorts in more than 100 countries.

• Guest certificates available: RCI members are allowed to let friends and family members enjoy their timeshare through an exchange, extra holiday or late deal.

• Members only personal protection: Members of RCI are afforded cancellation protection should they need to cancel their trip, and they are allowed to switch or keep their points should they not be able to use their allotted timeshare dates.

• Platinum Membership option: Customers who choose RCI have the Platinum Membership option, which gives them even more access to resort properties, better customer service and extra perks.

• Best for: Large families, people who want a luxury vacation property, travelers with a favorite vacation destination and young professionals with disposable income.

Profile picture of Lisa Ann Schreier
      Lisa Ann Schreier Timeshare Expert

Lisa Ann Schreier has been involved in the timeshare community since 1998. She is the author of, ‘Surviving A Timeshare Presentation...Confessions From The Sales Table’ and ‘Timeshare Vacations For Dummies.’ In addition to her blog, The Timeshare Crusader she is also the lead timeshare advocate at Elliott.org.

RCI Company Information