2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Princess Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: April 11, 2020

Had to take a ‘bump’ and they cut the fair in half. Also the best feature is paying a small amount to have your bags shipped from the ship direct to your house without touching them. July weather was great.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was just on the last cruise before shutdown in the Caribbean. The staff was so excellent and customer service so helpful that I will be taking another cruise as they resume operation in the fall. The staff could not have been better in their performance, across the board.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Had cruised a few times with Norwegian but the food really became inedible. Princess food was great. We love to cruise but are concerned currently about the corona virus of course. We look forward to cruising again soon!

Original review: March 28, 2020

We have taken over 25 cruises all with Princess lasting from 7 to 30 days. If we were not happy would we take all of these cruises with princess. We have cruises with Princess over 15 years. Most of our cruises were repositing from a Europe to Fort Lauderdale USA.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We sailed on the Island Princess on September 16-22, 2019. The ship was very clean and our steward, Jerrick was very pleasant and accommodating. He attended to our every needs. Our Dining Room waiter, Lorelei ** and Jr. waiter, Kevin ** were equally friendly and catered to all our requests. Likewise, Dining Room staff namely Cesar **, Albert ** and Apollo ** were eager to please. They all went above and beyond the line of duties. In a scale of 1-10, I would give them all a 10. The Entertainment was excellent especially the last two nights. Food was also excellent and the Customer Service staff was great. Overall we had a great experience.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Had a cruise booked for Asia 2-2-20. I Understand that only 1/2 the cruise was taken due to the coronavirus global outbreaks.. Had bought the full package including the Platinum vacation protection package.. Never left my home due to a sickness.. Still trying to get some of my money back which is due to me and approved by corporate personnel..

Every time I speak to her, she says to be patient as they need more time.. Just got told it was pushed through to be on my credit card soon.. This was another 2 weeks ago... I have spent endless hours trying to get my money back with complete runarounds.. Can't believe they would do this to me as I am a platinum member and have cruised on many ships 57 times... This is the worst I ever had to deal with. Their Vacation protection package is a joke when it is time to collect and so are the people at Princess.. They do not care about you! This is not over yet, as I will have to try other means to get my refund... Will never do Princess again....

Original review: April 9, 2020

Enjoyed the cruise very much. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The entertainment was good, and shopping suggestions were helpful. There were drawings for jewelry and artwork that added to the fun.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Having cruised several times with Princess after our last cruise, never again. Appalling food and customer service. Sydney to Auckland 2 years ago. Totally indifferent to our justified complaints. They lost a Platinum member and they couldn’t care less.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Excellent crew, food, entertainment, cabin, open areas, swimming pool, shopping, passenger loading/unloading, check-in, on-site parking lot, private island with small cabanas, cruise stops, gambling, etc.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I paid $600 while on board for my husband and myself. I have cancelled these before and got back right away. Now they are telling me it will take up to 60 days. This is not acceptable and I will not be sailing with Princes Cruises again. I have lost trust.

Princess Cruises author review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team