2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.03/5

Princess Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

We scheduled and fully paid for a Panama Canal cruise with Princess Cruises for March 7-17, 2020. On March 6, we received a text message from Princess offering full cruise credit if we chose not to travel due to the Covid Pandemic. My husband and I are both in the high risk category, so on the advice of our travel agent and our doctor, we accepted the cruise credit. Now, 8 months later, our health has continued to decline and we have asked for a full cash refund, providing a doctor statement. Princess has denied our request. We understand that the cruise industry has been severely impacted by this pandemic, but we also know that our government has provided relief (actually our tax dollars.) Surely Princess is responsible for returning our money!

Original review: May 21, 2020

Had a cruise booked for Asia 2-2-20. I Understand that only 1/2 the cruise was taken due to the coronavirus global outbreaks.. Had bought the full package including the Platinum vacation protection package.. Never left my home due to a sickness.. Still trying to get some of my money back which is due to me and approved by corporate personnel..

Every time I speak to her, she says to be patient as they need more time.. Just got told it was pushed through to be on my credit card soon.. This was another 2 weeks ago... I have spent endless hours trying to get my money back with complete runarounds.. Can't believe they would do this to me as I am a platinum member and have cruised on many ships 57 times... This is the worst I ever had to deal with. Their Vacation protection package is a joke when it is time to collect and so are the people at Princess.. They do not care about you! This is not over yet, as I will have to try other means to get my refund... Will never do Princess again....

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Had to take a ‘bump’ and they cut the fair in half. Also the best feature is paying a small amount to have your bags shipped from the ship direct to your house without touching them. July weather was great.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Enjoyed the cruise very much. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The entertainment was good, and shopping suggestions were helpful. There were drawings for jewelry and artwork that added to the fun.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Having cruised several times with Princess after our last cruise, never again. Appalling food and customer service. Sydney to Auckland 2 years ago. Totally indifferent to our justified complaints. They lost a Platinum member and they couldn’t care less.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was just on the last cruise before shutdown in the Caribbean. The staff was so excellent and customer service so helpful that I will be taking another cruise as they resume operation in the fall. The staff could not have been better in their performance, across the board.

Original review: April 2, 2020

Excellent crew, food, entertainment, cabin, open areas, swimming pool, shopping, passenger loading/unloading, check-in, on-site parking lot, private island with small cabanas, cruise stops, gambling, etc.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I paid $600 while on board for my husband and myself. I have cancelled these before and got back right away. Now they are telling me it will take up to 60 days. This is not acceptable and I will not be sailing with Princes Cruises again. I have lost trust.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Lots of extra costs. Even coffee had to be paid for. Excursions very expensive. Seemed that everything was an extra except for basics. Tried to visit doctor for minor problem but price was exorbitant so didn't bother. Felt that all company wanted once you were onboard was your money!

Original review: March 30, 2020

Was on the Princess Grand the last 3 cruises from 2015,16 and 17. That ship is so old and falling apart. Water leaking from the ceiling onto the main corridor on the last two outings. Never again! Service and food was really good... they finally added new beds, helped a little.

Princess Cruises author review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team