2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Princess Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I took cruise back in August and my Booking #**. Due to bad weather our Prepaid excursion was cancelled and we were told we will receive a refund check. The refund amount is close $300. My sail dates were Aug 24-31, 2019. I still have NOT received the check. I waited until October and I made my first call on Oct 6, 2019. All agents that I spoke to till date have given me different dates and different answers. They keep transferring me from department to department. Initially they told me, "Your check was sent out on Sept 13, 2019 and so maybe wait for couple days and if you still don't receive it, talk to Accounting department."

When I called again to talk to Accounting department they said it's something Customer service department needs to take care of. When I called again they said 'We don't have a full address for you. We will go ahead and cancel the check that we sent earlier and re issue the check.' I don't understand why would they not verify the address before sending out the check. When I called again to get an update on the check they said they have to now wait to get the refund from the check that they had sent and only then they can reissue another check. This is sooooo ridiculous. I was not informed about this when I called earlier. I was told they are reissuing the check.

I called last week to see if they reissued the check and they said no they are still waiting to receive the refund from the check they sent earlier. I called today and they said the check was reissued on OCT 16, 2019 and they gave me Bottomline's phone number where I can track my check, a third party through which they sent out a check. Right after talking to these Morons I called Bottomline and they had no records of check that was sent out on Oct 16, 2019. So I call Princess Cruises again to see what's really going on???

The representative was not even ready to listen the whole story and just transferred me Revenue department. Revenue department transferred me to Reservations department. The representative then tells me the check was issued on OCT 9, 2019 so I told then why don't Bottomline have any records of the check???? Representative tells me, "I am not sure about that!" This is the answer I get. Later she tells me the Process was of reissuing the check was started on OCT 9, 2019. So I asked, "When are you going to mail out the check?" And she tells me she don't have exact date for that.

I demanded to talk to her Manager and she tells she has no way to contact a manager and she can transfer to the supervisor. I had already talk to a supervisor and they are of no help either. Princess cruises steal your money and have no intention of returning your money. They will RIP YOU OFF and give you run around. Once your done sailing, they don't care. They got your money and that's all they care about. The customer service SUCKS and the representative have no intention of helping you. BEWARE of this biggest STEALING COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I can't comment on the cruise itself as due to visa issues I had to cancel this. I asked for a change of date on the cruise to allow for the visa to be processed but I was told this was not possible and I would have to cancel the cruise incurring a 1000+ dollar cost. Understanding this was the company policy on the 24th July I agreed to a refund for the remaining amount to be sent as they stated they had no means to issue a refund via PayPal or bank transfer. On the 27 August I was still awaiting the cheque, I called Princess who stated this had been sent and to wait ( address the cheque was mailed to was also confirmed as being correct.)

One week later, I contact Princess again who now state the original cheque had been sent to the incorrect address and would be sent again. I waited another week... (In this time I had called daily and been informed the cheque had been sent on numerous occasions.) until I was finally told the cheque had to be sent by the USA office, as the Sydney one is unable to process cheques.

I requested contacted details for the USA office to which I was informed there is no contact number and for privacy reasons I could not contact them. I asked for the correspondence between the Sydney office and USA and asked to be CC' into any correspondence- again I was told NO. I requested a tracking number when the cheque is sent out due to the time taken and loss of previously 'sent' cheques again I was told NO, despite fair trade NSW stating this was within my. Throughout my interaction with Princess I was lied to on multiple occasions by multiple staff who were rude and unhelpful.

Anyway long story short its now the 3rd of October and I'm still await 3800+ in refunds. This company is beyond a joke. once they have your money they are happy. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, I don't know how a company with such terrible customer service is still operating. A formal complaint and complaint to fair trade had been made.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We have been on the Regal Princess 3 times during the past 5 years and could not imagine how much the food quality and daily activities have deteriorated since our last trip. The food was never served hot; if it came slightly warm we thought we were lucky. Meat and fish quality and preparation were abysmal. Princess should be ashamed.

The cruise director could not determine activities to keep the passengers occupied during a recent re positioning and failed to schedule daily events. The main activity during the day was to show "movies under the stars" during the cold/rainy morning and afternoon. An activity created by the cruise staff was a game to bet on which elevator would arrive next.

Cruise excursions were overpriced and after being disappointed by 3 different excursions we cancelled the remainder and found private excursions for half the price and at a much higher quality. All in all, we could not have been more disappointed. A written complaint by my wife during the cruise was totally ignored, even though Princess said that they valued the input of their guests.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I am sharing my nightmarish experience with this website - American Discount Cruises. Stay away from this site, they are worse than a rabid dog. Will scam you out of everything and will also sell the personal information and put it out on websites including full names and Credit card numbers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We went on a 7 day cruise through Alaska and other than the views that Mother Nature gave us, it was a total bust. The staff is off putting and most of them are difficult to understand. Our waiter spilled my husband's $25 whiskey drink at dinner and we had to practically demand him get us a new one, it was a full drink and he didn’t even acknowledge he spilled it until we did and just said, sorry?? The food was pretty sub par, their "specialty" restaurants were not so special... They stop serving any sit down meals at 1:30 so you are forced into the buffet or hot dogs until dinner, we should be able to eat whenever and wherever we please with the money we spent! Their entertainment was only ok on one of the nights, and that’s if you can find a seat. There was a HORRIBLE smell on our balcony the whole trip, I think we got stuck by the sewer system, so much for that romantic dinner outside on the patio!

This cruise line is very middle of the road, I would compare it to a three star hotel, lacked luster through and through. No music was played, we had one song sang to us on one night, the whole trip really lacked energy. The pools said heated but were absolutely freezing, of course no one could tell me why because half of the workers didn’t understand my question for some odd reason. They kick you out of the hot tub at 9:30, really?!! Everything about this cruise line is a scam for your money, they don’t give a darn about customer service or making sure people are having a good time. LOW QUALITY WITH TONS OF RULES AND MISLEADING PROMISES, never again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I am (was) a Ruby level Princess Cruise line customer. I've sailed with them 5 times and have enjoyed the actual cruises. However, on August 16, 2019, I had a terrible experience with one of their "customer relations" representatives named Ruth. I was trying to sign up 8 family members for 4 cabins for a holiday cruise departing on 12/22/19. The "Refer a Friend" link was not working and I literally spent hours emailing with family members and trying to get the link to work. I called Friday morning, spent 17 minutes on the phone with a pleasant woman who could not help me. She suggested trying different browsers. We did so but still were unable to get the links to work despite being tech savvy individuals. It was very frustrating and when I called customer relations again, I got Ruth: a surly and extremely unhelpful person. She never apologized for the inconvenience, in fact, she was challenging and abrasive from the beginning.

When I asked to speak with a manager, Ruth said she was the "highest point of contact". I asked 3 times to speak with a manager and each time she refused. I asked if she could manually input the "refer a friend" information and Ruth said no. Frankly, I felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall (named Ruth) and no one would help me. Finally Ruth said if my friends forwarded her the emails they received, she could input the information. She did not. As a result, our reservations on hold lapsed and I decided to book with Royal Caribbean. For a company in the hospitality business, Ruth was anything but hospitable.

Shame on Princess Cruise lines for NOT having a manager (or someone) who can step in when a customer is not getting good customer service. From what I've read online, this experience is unfortunately not unusual. The bottom line is that if you treat your loyal customers poorly, they will go elsewhere (and take their friends and families with them).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Felt cheated - As a promo we were given a $200 per state room on board spend. Perhaps because we are new to cruising we misunderstood but Princess don't make it plain enough, so please be aware and don't make the same mistake as us. We were told that we had $200 to spend as a promo, for the state room and were asked to give details of one credit card, so we assumed that we had one account for the room. However it transpires that each person has a separate account. So each person has $100 of spend. We did not realize this and only used one account so we lost $100. Tried to discuss this with them but they didn't want to know. Has left a sour taste in my mouth and I wont be travelling with Princess again. It's a real pity as the cruise itself was very pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Overall, very satisfied with Princess Cruise Line. Friendly crew, great food and good entertainment. We have done several cruises with Princess and will do it again in the future. Most memorable trips were in Alaska and Mediterranean and Aegean Seas from Rome to Venice. I would recommend those to anybody.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

The cruise was very mediocre, the service at dining was not great and the food had very little variety. The room attendant was very good and the room was cleaned very well. The shore excursions were good although pricey. The shows were excellent. The captain's introductory event was held in an area which was not appropriate for so many people and should have been in the theater.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

So disappointed. Was told by agent that this would be top notch cruise. I did not find that to be the case. The one positive thing was the excursion to Hubbard Glacier and the cruise staff was great.

Princess Cruises Company Information