2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Princess Cruises Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: April 1, 2020

Lots of extra costs. Even coffee had to be paid for. Excursions very expensive. Seemed that everything was an extra except for basics. Tried to visit doctor for minor problem but price was exorbitant so didn't bother. Felt that all company wanted once you were onboard was your money!

Original review: March 30, 2020

Was on the Princess Grand the last 3 cruises from 2015,16 and 17. That ship is so old and falling apart. Water leaking from the ceiling onto the main corridor on the last two outings. Never again! Service and food was really good... they finally added new beds, helped a little.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I believe Princess can do a better job in the lunch buffet area as far as food selection. The food selection seemed to be very similar to a high school cafeteria. Breakfast and dinner were always incredible and it seemed more emphasis was placed on those two meal times and lunch was..."oh whatever".

Original review: March 3, 2020

Too Many changes to the original Itinerary. Taking away an island, shortening amount of time on each island by a total of 6.5 hours, then they cancelled an excursion on another island. I booked this cruise as it was going to 3 Islands that we haven’t been to and they cancel one of them. I would never take a Princess Cruise again. For the amount of money I paid for this cruise it was a huge disappointment As this is my 7th cruise but this was my 1st one on Princess Cruises and definitely my last. We have never been disappointed on Carnival Cruises or Norwegian Cruise.

We were notified that we would no longer be going to Grenada and would refund our excursion that was on January 7th. I didn't get my refund until January 28. They cancelled our excursion on Saint Thomas on February 3rd and I have yet to get my refund for that excursion and it has now been 30 days. But they made sure they billed my account within 48 hours after the end of the Cruise for on board expenses.

Also the dining experience was not geared to the normal Joe. My boyfriend is a meat and potatoes man who does not eat fish or seafood. The Dining room menu was not to his liking. He had a hamburger and French Fries for his dinner 6 out of 10 dining nights. Never had a problem on any of the other 7 cruises we have been on.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Princess Cruises could not provide a worse experience ever. As soon as we departure from Fort Lauderdale, the captain announced we wouldn't stop in Grenada, one of the ports was scheduled. The crew members were completely disorganized, there were no crew member providing instruction or organizing all the lines to get in or get out of the ship. Every single stop was a mess!!

They arrived 2h late in Turks and Caicos without any excuse and the cruise ship didn't compensate us staying a little longer in the island. Because they didn't stop in Grenada and they arrived late in Turks and Caicos, I missed the excursions I'd paid and I lost my money. When I complained about this problems in the service desk, I got the answer from the crew member that they couldn't do anything and it was my problem because I didn't purchase the excursions with the cruise company. They also tried to push me to purchase excursions for the next islands.

In the last day, we realized the crew members were getting the luggages in front of the cabins and they were taking many pieces together with a small cart. I also realized the crew members were dropping many pieces of luggages many times when they were taking it. So, when we arrived at the final destination in Fort Lauderdale, we realized our luggage was completely destroyed. We did a damage report in the port and sent it to the cruise company. It's been almost 2 weeks I arrived and I didn't receive a single answer about the cruise company. Thank Princess Cruises!!! You destroyed my wife's birthday, my vacation trip and also my luggage!!! Stay away from this cruise company, they don't care about the passengers!!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Norovirus. I was on New England Cruise In Sept/19. There was an advisory issued by Princess prior to boarding indicating there had been a unusually high number of cases of the virus in the incoming cruise. Therefore boarding would be delayed while they thoroughly disinfected the ship. I caught the virus about 2 days in. The only medical assistance they provided was to provide me with a supply of ** pills at about 6x the regular cost & quarantine me to my room for 2 1/2 days. The only follow up was a phone call to release me from quarantine based on my progress report.

I felt the after effects of my illness for a further 3 days. There was no offer of compensation and I discovered that they did not even perform a medical test on the samples I provided. Princess is not being truthful in their medical compliance reporting. There were numerous cases of the outbreak on the ship and they fraudulently underreported the amount of cases. I would never recommend anyone travel with Princess. They are dishonest and have demonstrated a total lack of compassion for customer service follow up.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The four of us were returning from the Hawaiian 15 day cruise on the Grand Princess out of San Fransisco (Dec 3rd-18th 2019). While flying into Charlotte we learned our connecting flight to Lynchburg Va had been canceled due to fog. When we arrived at Charlotte we were told it would be the next day before we could get a flight out. Not wanting to spend another day in Charlotte we rented a car and drove home.

All four of us bought the Princess Travel protection. We were denied the rental car fee because it was not specifically mentioned as a reimbursable expense. If we had stayed the night they would have paid for two couples overnight lodging and meals which would of been quite a bit more expensive for the insurance carrier. We took a Panama Canal cruise with Celebrity Cruises and used our insurance due to emergency landing. They were very helpful and we could not of been treated better.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

A cruise to remember for our 25th wedding anniversary. My wife's name on her card and door sign was incorrect, we were listed as Mr. and Ms. No happy anniversary sign on our door, after seeing others, and, after speaking with service desk four days in a row, finally arrived on the 6th night. Cust. service on the boat said for the errors they would comp. Dinner at the specialty restaurant, that I had already prepaid for our special occasion. We never received that credit. We have cruised 7 times, with the same names, this was first that name was incorrect. They wouldn't even correct the boat card for our scrapbook.

I sent several emails after our trip and spoke with the cruise booking representative who said they contact usually around 6 weeks. Well, it's 3 months now, no follow up by them. Oh. While on the cruise I emailed the cruise booking person, who at least sent four chocolate dipped strawberries with a birthday card for Laura. No Laura in our room! Oh well, we ate the strawberries.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Group of friends invited us to join their group for a cruise on Jan 23, 2019. I booked online on Saturday Nov 23. Called Monday morning to ask Carla, the Princess group leader to add us to the group. She said couldn’t as I already booked and paid. Added us for dining only. Called customer service and was on hold while someone checked on options for 35 minutes and was disconnected. Called back and rep said 20 percent charge to cancel even though I had just booked. First cruise ever, last Princess cruise for sure and it’s only been 36 hours since booking. I’ll find a different cruise line in the future now that I’m retired. I choose not to work with a company that inflexible regarding internet versus in person registration.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Everything about our experience was negative. Princess cancelled our first sailing, which cost us $1200 in travel insurance and resulting expired flight credits. They wouldn't speak to us - actually told us to go through our travel agent - then wouldn't return his calls or emails. When we rebooked they gave us $50 on board credit. We couldn't board for 2 hours past the assigned time. We splurged on a mini suite, to find mold hanging from the bathroom vent; the sofa's hardware sticking through the cushion spaces; they painted our rusty balcony during the trip, so we couldn't use it. They cancelled a port and did nothing to make it up to passengers. Entertainment was limited and very basic. Buffet food was disappointing. We asked for an upgrade and were refused. This was our 5th cruise, first with Princess and it was very poor. Even now they have not responded to our complaints.

Princess Cruises Company Information