2.19/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

290 Princess Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I just wanted to say "Thank you Guys!!!" from our whole family of 5 people, who traveled on Regal Princess to Carribean Islands. We had a great time (first time on cruise) the whole week!!! The crew is awesome, everything is super clean, food is unforgettable, variety of entertainment is impressive. We traveled with 3 children and they loved to go to kids club because it was fun all the time.

Our steward was most caring person ever! He was regularly keeping our rooms clean, filled with towels and other necessities, he made very cute and funny animals from towels for kids and even fixed our son's sunglasses! We will definitely recommend Princess Cruise for all our friends and relatives! Thank you Princess Crew for unforgettable vacation and for taking such a good care for the ship itself. As soon as we are ready we will consider to meet with you again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I would not recommend Princess Cruises to anyone. I am a travel agent and there are better options. We found the crew not interested in being honest with the passengers. It was a take all you can get attitude. Three brief examples. 1. I went down to the medical clinic to get something for a sore throat. I was handed a box of 36 lozenges for about $19.00 which I agreed to pay. (In a store on land they were $4.95.) After paying for them I noticed the box looked like it had been opened. At that point the assistant said "Oh Yeh, there are only 24 in the box." That's $.90 cents per each one.

2. We asked to purchase a wine program. The come on was have a glass of wine each night for half price. We were handed a clip board with the top half of the paper on it covered up and asked to sign to see if we qualify. When the man returned he said yes and handed us back a totally filled out form at $1,700 and told that amount had been charged to our account. We said absolutely no. They said it would be difficult to change the billing. It got changed but why the dishonesty in the first place. Boy were we getting more and more angry. 3. We had agreed to purchase a health service for a quoted price of $99.00. That amount was repeated over and over again. When the bill came it was for 113.00. When we asked why the response we "It's my tip.”

4. A big embarrassing problem happened when we were given a bad bottle of wine which we had to refuse. We were told we would have to purchase it anyway. We were angry on the trip, on the flight home and after we got home. I do not understand why Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, put her name on any promotion of this dishonest company. On home I wrote to Princess Cruise Lines customer relations department. Three months later I had not received a call or email from them on the numbers I gave them. When I finally connected I talked to a sickening sweet lady who suggested that most of this was our fault.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

On March 3, 2018 my mother's luggage was either lost or stolen somewhere between the corridor opposite our stateroom and the pier where passengers collect their luggage at the end of the cruise. That same day before leaving the collection area, she filled out the Princess Cruises "Missing and Damaged Luggage Report". She was advised by the pier attendant who received her report that she should wait several weeks before taking any action, as there was a possibility that the luggage would be found. Weeks went by, so on behalf of my mother, I made an inquiry with the head office of Princess Cruises about reimbursement for her missing luggage. I also e-mailed a detailed list of the contents to her case, and a copy of the report.

On April 6, 2018, my mother received an e-mail from the Property Claims Specialist at Princess Cruise Lines Head Office, stating that a request for a check in the amount of $250 US to be sent to my mother's address had been made. After about a month, no check had arrived at my mother's address. I contacted the Property Claims Specialist by e-mail stating that my mother had not yet received the check. He e-mailed back that it must have been sent to the wrong address. He would cancel the check and send out a new one to the correct address. No check arrived. I tried several times to reach the Property Claims Specialist, but he did not answer my e-mails or telephone messages.

Finally I did succeed in reaching The Property Claims Specialist on August 23, 2018 by phone. At that time he said that he saw my mother's claim. There had been a problem with the department that makes the checks, and he would talk to them within the next few working days. Still no check was sent to my mother. Since then, not one of my e-mails or telephone messages have been answered, and my mother is still waiting for that check. My mother is a 94 year old Navy veteran. She deserves, anyone deserves better treatment than this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Grand Princess 10/24-11/08/18 Hawaiian trip: I was offended and disappointed that Princess allows and permits in today times and environment their comedian to use racial and ethnic jokes to portray Polish people as stupid! Shame, shame, shame Princess - your Comedian Noodles Levenstein should not be allowed to perform on your ships!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Came back from an Alaskan cruise to find that American Airlines didn't even have the flight Princess had booked. Their help department told me to phone on Monday (this was Saturday in Seattle). I had to book and pay for my own flight home at a cost of $960.00 and 20 hours late. Still waiting 7 weeks after my complaint when they told me I'd have an answer in 4 weeks. I wouldn't trust this company again. I have all receipts and have sent copies of them to Princess. I also have all audio of all conversations with them as I know they have. My next step may have to be legal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Customer service took a month to get back to me after we missed 1/2 day in a port. Thanks to power outage that delayed us and was human error (admitted by the captain while on the cruise). Customer service woman argued with me over that point (said it wasn't human error) and when I told her it absolutely was she actually had the gall to interrupt me and say that it wasn't and they would provide nothing. We lost half a day in Scotland and had to go through rough waters. Thanks to missing the tide window and they couldn't have cared less. Coffee card didn't include ice cream as in the past and the card now expires at the end of each cruise. Princess in slow decline, issues like this popping up a lot now.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We ran out of beer and wine 3 days before cruise ended. Ice cream limited to 2 flavors no banana, chocolate, or vanilla and still had 4 days to go. Duty free alcohol very limited no bourbon, scotch or whiskey sold out 5 days into cruise. Food was very poor and advertised menu was not always available. Dined at specialty restaurant and waited 40 mins for main meal. We booked for 7.30 and we still had no dessert at 9.00 so walked out. Tours very expensive. Entertainment very poor. Overall extremely disappointed with service and when we let customer service know their response was, "So what do you want us to do about it." Have cruised with Princess before and thought we would give them a second try but can honestly say worst cruise ever and 90% of passengers were not happy and all said never again. Passengers should be offered something for all the inconveniences.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Earlier this year, I booked a cruise for 4 persons (in 2 cabins. Deposits were paid on booking with final payments due on 20th September. I paid mine and as I had arranged this trip, reminded the others about this date. I heard no more and sometime later when ringing the Sydney office was told that the person sharing with me had canceled as had the other two. They had NOT informed me. The company then told me. I could go but had to pay another full fare. As they have my money, I asked if I could go on an identical cruise in March 2019 (accompanied by my daughter) as the cruise coincides with my birthday.

This was refused. And in spite of many calls to the Sydney office and a promise that a Manager would contact me, nothing has been said nor done. The Cruise Planners have changed several times since February and at present, my Planner is Emily whom I have great difficulty in contacting in spite of leaving messages. my daughter was told on 4th October that a manager would contact us, but no one has called. The service has been extremely poor in view of the fact that this would have been my 4th cruise with Princess.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have constantly seen customer service at Princess Cruises decline over the past few years. I had a problem on a cruise in January this year with the soft mattress Princess now uses on all their cruises because of a back issue. My travel agent contacted Princess Cruises and requested they provide an egg crate on an upcoming cruise in April, 2018. They said it would be provided. The first day I told our cabin steward I should have an egg crate on our mattress and he assured me we did. I looked for it after sleeping uncomfortably the first night and didn't find an egg crate. I asked the cabin steward again and this time he said "we don't have any egg crates on board". I was lied to twice, once by Princess saying they would have the egg crate for my bed and then by the cabin steward.

We've also seen a degradation in both the quality of food and service on Princess ships. Where you once received quality beef and Maine lobsters in the regular dining rooms, you now have to pay separately. I expressed my concerns and the issues I have been dealing with in an email to Ms. Jan Swartz, President Princess Cruises, in May, 2018. After not receiving a response, I followed up with another email to her in August. To this day I have not received a response to my issues.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My father in law was eating in the buffet for breakfast, the third morning of the cruise and found a long black hair INSIDE his french toast batter. The hair was not on top of the food, but actually coked in the batter and the toast; he had to pull it out of his mouth. Management recommended we eat at the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch to avoid this in the future; 2 days later, I found a short black hair BAKED into my fried/baked lobster in the Portofino dining room. We spoke to management and they were dismissive, even to make us feel like we were lying since it happened twice. It wasn't until I showed them the pictures that they removed the gratuities from our account. Management went as far as to say "it is a ship wide problem". No concern to violations of VSP or CDC Food Regulations. I was appalled and I couldn't eat in the dining rooms after that.

Our cabin was actually bigger than interior cabins that we have been in previously, which was nice. The only issue with it was the bathrooms were dirty, disgustingly so. There was mold growing in the corner of the showers, under the sink, etc. The grout was black and grimy, and in some parts, even peeling up. It looked like the bathroom needed a good CLR and pressure washing or simply, removing the old grout and regrouting. Programming on board was geared towards people 60 and older. Examples included knitting, origami, bible studies, workshops for posture & back pain, etc. All staff seemed disengaged, unconcerned. All other cruise staff on other cruise lines, make it seem like their greatest priority is to ensure that you are having fun and well taken care of, not the case on this cruise.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I'm really not sure where to begin here. Nearly every step of my Alaskan cruise experience aboard the Island Princess was awful. I will NEVER, EVER travel aboard a Princess cruise ship again. I think the best way to summarize Princess as a brand is like this: their sales materials describe an experience akin to that of a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. In reality, you're getting a Hilton, at BEST. Their sales materials are VERY misleading and grossly mischaracterize the accommodations and amenities on the boat.

The food was so so. The staff was generally unfriendly and only interested in selling you extras (more on that later). The shore excursions were overpriced. The amenities felt old and dated (yes, there are two pools - one is outside and not really usable in Alaska's cool weather, and the other is indoors but not heated for some reason).

And probably the worst part - when I mean they nickel and dime you on extra amenities, it's absolutely outrageous. $.79 for Wifi? Gimme a break. They try to sell you bottled water at every turn, so we asked if the tap water in our room is safe to drink. Every staff member gave us a different BS reason as to why it wasn't, including our absolute favorite quote from the trip, "the tap water won't hurt you, but it lacks the vitamins of bottled water." HAHAH! I don't think I can clearly state how disappointed we were with this cruise, and highly encourage you to book on a different cruise line. Do yourself a favor and take my advice before wasting your hard-earned money on any Princess cruise.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This refers to our cruise to Alaska, inside passage. It was outstanding. The service on the cruise was very good. The ports and excursions were top quality.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Nothing compares to an all-inclusive river cruise. You have to pay for every activity you want to do on a large cruise line. Food was good, not great.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have traveled over 60 cruises with Princess. I also went with enough other cruise lines to compare. I felt most meals where pretty similar but always felt that Princess offered the best entertainment. Some offered better spa facilities. I found that the service was excellent as far as waiters and room stewards to be good on most, but as far as Princess is concerned, it was always excellent. Boarding has improved 100% since I first started cruising as well as disembarkation, on Princess. Of course with my elite classification I do receive special attention, but notice that the lines continue to become shorter.

I have switched to using Princess reservation personnel and find they try to give you the best service - the last 4 cruises I used the same person and she did an outstanding job accommodating me and those that travelled with me. When we booked 5 cabins with 13 people she booked us with adjoining rooms and a dinner table for 13, which in the past would have been nearly impossible.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

This company wants one thing, your money. Let me begin by saying I was traveling with my 90 year old father, a WWII vet and my 78 year old mother. Princess Air did not go over the itinerary like they were supposed to. The itinerary was confusing and if we would have known about this horror we never would have agreed to it. First we had a 11 hour wait from the time we disembarked from the ship at Athens airport. Then we had another 11 hour layover at Heathrow. We landed at 1020 in the evening, no toiletries, no pounds, and we spent the night in the airport. My parents were depressed and disoriented. We flew into Kennedy and had another 3 hour layover and boarded our flight to Baltimore. The ages of my parents are clearly indicated on the paperwork. Who does this? A company who could care less, that's who.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We went on a cruise to Alaska departing & returning to San Francisco, CA. We booked a mini suite and the room was very nice but also what I expected for this category of room. Our cabin steward was just "ok." The specialty dining was great, but the main dining room food was just "eh." Table service was good, but menu options - not many. Ship photography was lousy and promotion offered was somewhat useless. We purchased the package deal which was to provide us with a memory stick containing our photos and there was also a picture frame included. Oddly the picture frame did not fit any of the photos purchased. The memory stick was empty when I got home and they sent me 2 more before one arrived containing our photos. Not sure I would cruise with them again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The islands St Martin and St Thomas were both extremely run down and damaged from the hurricane last year. The islands were very ugly, houses and buildings with no roofs, cars and boats still over turned. Our guide said the children still have no school to go to and the post office is nonexistent. The guide also said that it would take many, many years to fix these islands because the islands have no money. I feel very bad for the people but this is not my idea of a happy fun vacation!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The airline lost our luggage and Princess took over dealing with it. It took a while but we received it all with no effort on our part, even though it was not their fault. They were awesome!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I spoke with two customer service reps and Karen (supervisor) which both calls lasted over 40 min each. I booked a reservation through a casino promotion and got a free 5 day balcony trip. I never took a cruise before and was excited about taking a first time trip for our 1 year anniversary. On the 12:00 call today, I confirmed I wanted to leave on the 29th of Nov and she confirmed that as well. I get back my confirmation email and the date was for Nov 20. I called back and the call took over 40 min again and the Representative was rude.

It was not MY FAULT YOU GUYS BOOKED ME FOR THE WRONG DATE and I have to call back to fix this? I get connected to a supervisor and she was not really helpful. Karen could care less how It was a first time trip for me and it was my 1 year anniversary. I am so disappointed in Princess Cruises and I will never take a cruise through you guys ever in my life. I never knew how terrible the customer service is. Have my free voucher and posting everywhere.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We took the Alaska Cruise - Scenic Train combo package and we were awestruck by the Glaciers and the wildlife in the last unspoiled frontier left in the US. We enjoyed the optional side excursions and would go back in a second if possible.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The cruise was relaxing but there was numerous repairs that were going on closing one of the pools. Plus the formal dining was not very formal. Food was the same taste as in the buffet in my room. Bare electrical wires plugins were coming out and ceiling lights falling out. Not worth the money you pay for the cruise.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

The service was great, from the wait staff, to the cruise director, to the captain who was a lot of fun. The food was great with lots of choices & variety. The spa was amazing, the excursions varied and fun.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Fantastic journey to Alaska and three cities actually four including Anchorage for seven days on Princess cruise line. Great entertainment, food, company, and rooms. 700 with balcony and three people in the room.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Cancelled a booked cruise 2 months before departure, had paid deposit, was told by the insurance to fill out paperwork and return. Princess Cruise Lines customer service people still tell me AND TURNED ME OVER TO A COLLECTION AGENCY DEMANDING me to pay for the policy (which I had sent proof that I had paid it- many times). I now go in writing what happened, I have nearly gone around the world on their Ships and they want to do this. I will never recommend Princess to anyone or ever book another one!

Original review: July 27, 2018

Princess Cruises. I would like to start out by saying I had several recommendations to sail on your cruise line and I want to tell you first how disappointed I was with this cruise. This will be a detailed list of all my disappointments from the start to finish and I hope I will be compensated for all I have put out. On day 1 check in went well as we got our room key and the agent told us that we have the sticker for our drink package that I paid for online. My wife and I went to the room then went to get a bite to eat, after getting our food we brought it over to the pool bar and ordered a drink and was told that we did not have the drink package, we were told to go to the customer service desk to get it fixed, well that took almost 1.5 hours to fix it. My question is why did I order it online?

Our room steward Fernando greeted us when we first got there, he asked us if everything was ok and I told him that it was hot in the room, he checked the air conditioner and agreed that it was hot and he would take care of it. When we went back to the room to unpack it was still hot so I called customer service and they said they would take care of it. Next we went to brush our teeth and we only had hot water so I called and told customer service. When we came back to the room after dinner there was a card on the thermostat that said the issue was resolved. It was not still very hot so I called again. Our first night in the room was very hot and uncomfortable.

The next day I called again and complained about 3 times, every time we went back to the room. We had to go back to the room every time we had to go to the bathroom because the men's and ladies bathrooms by the pool either did not work or did not have water to wash our hands (that was the case every day of the cruise). Each day there was either an out of order sign or under maintenance sign put up on many of the bathrooms throughout the ship at the pool area. I noticed on the bottom of my feet that there was paint speckles from the floor, and the paint that did not seem dry. The entire cruise the air did not work in the room it was about 10 degrees cooler in the hallway than our room.

At one point when maintenance came to the room he said they are having problems but to keep the curtains closed at all times (What is the sense of getting a balcony room if you have to keep the curtains closed?). On formal night we got dressed up even though it was hard because with no cold water and no air we could not cool down. I went to use the bathroom next to the dining room and used the urinal, the urinal next to me overflowed on my dress shoes I was totally disgusted. At that point I saw Captain ** and told him of my problems and concerns and he just walked away from me without even asking me my name or my room #. We were shocked to say the least, here was the Captain of the ship and I was making a complaint and he walked away.

Another concern that we had was the inexperience of some of the staff. One time my wife ordered a Pinot Noir glass of wine and the waiter asked if she wanted an olive in it, another time she ordered from another waitress a cosmo and I ordered a Grey Goose and tonic with lime, 5 minutes later a waiter came back to get our order because she did not understand what we ordered. We had 5 nights on the ship that we had no air and no cold water. One night we went to the upper decks and fell asleep on a lounge chair for a few hours just to get some sleep. The Internet that we paid for in advance did not work in our room and only seemed to work at the Internet cafe. I feel that the ship was in dry dock and not ready to sail because we had issues before we left Fort Lauderdale and that is one of the reasons we sailed late.

The main reason I am contacting you is that all of us work very hard in our jobs no matter what we do and we like to reward ourself with a vacation, we save up time, money, plan who is going to take care of the children and the house and the pets while we are away. We make all our travel reservations, airport parking, plane, hotel and car reservations all to go on a cruise to a great place. We do all our homework and pick a cruise line and ship that has good ratings all to be so disappointed. I talked to several couples that have traveled on Princess and they all said that this was the first time that they have experienced anything like what some of us had experienced on this cruise.

Princess did give me a partial credit to use at a later date so we booked again, I had to cancel due to I am disabled and I needed surgery. I went to book another cruise and my credit was taken away because I did not use it on time. I contacted Princess and was told that they will not give me my credit. I was very upset after the cruise but since they gave me a credit I did not post anything but after taking my credit away I am posting all of my complaints. I would not step foot on another Princess cruise nor would I tell anyone to cruise with them.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The only good thing about our cruise on Emerald Princess cruise to Alaska's inside passage was the cabin was nice and had plenty of storage for clothes, shoes and other items, that is about it. Food was not good. Entertainment was terrible. We found ourselves going to the casino most of the time and that wasn't anything to write home about either. If you're up past 10:00 and get hungry, forget it. They close the buffet, the pizza and hamburger restaurants at 9:00 and 10:00. If you have an excursion that ends late forget about eating when you get back unless you want a pre-made sandwich with mayo on it. They won't make you a fresh sandwich without mayo, every sandwich has it on it whether you like it or not.

We had the drink package and we fought with the bartenders about getting drinks and water together almost every time. Buffet was Indian food most nights. The formal dinners were terrible with very small overcooked portions. The buffet bus cart girl from Serbia kept giving us angry glares every time she walked past us to the point where, I had enough and asked her what her problem was, which she denied. We paid for all our kids and their spouse, girlfriend, and fiancee for a once in a lifetime family vacation that was only memorable from a bad, confused and irritatingly expensive time. Never again will we go on a Princess cruise. Remember I tried to warn you.

Original review: July 22, 2018

June 23rd I booked a Princess Cruise. On July 5th it was necessary to cancel that cruise even though it was several months away. I was then told that my $400 deposit was none refundable - a point which was not disclosed to me at the time of the booking. This seems a NEW policy for Princess. I've checked with a

couple of other cruise lines and they have no such policy. It was only 11 days since the booking. They offered me a credit on a future cruise which would be OK if they went to the Western Pacific (besides Hawaii). Reason we canceled is that we received info that the USS Arizona would be closed indefinitely and my wife is still recovering from a broken leg. I sincerely promise that I will NEVER use the services of EXPEDIA nor PRINCESS again.

Original review: July 3, 2018

If I could give them a negative 1 Star I would! Extremely disappointed in this cruise line - just finished Alaskan cruise on Emerald ship - was one of the filthiest ships I have ever been on. Dining staff completely unaccommodating and rude - retail staff unhelpful - housekeeping didn’t exist as I never saw anyone cleaning the ship. And our room was disgusting and dirty from the time we checked in and took 3 days of complaining for them to clean it! Ripped linens with huge holes in sheets put on our beds! Missing soap and glassware in our rooms! Staff complaining they are understaffed and that’s why no one can help us! Not to mention if you wanted to get a drink or some wine you had to BEG for it as there was no one to help anywhere.

I waited to speak to customer service playing phone tag for a week - they could offer me an apology and a $75 credit for next cruise - that’s laughable! I will NEVER BE SAILING A PRINCESS CRUISE EVER AGAIN! Did they cut their staff in half? Cheap out on food budget and wine? And this is the short version on all the issues I had on this ship! I was THRILLED WITH ALASKA but go use other cruise lines such as Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Crystal or even Carnival cruise lines before you waste a cent on Princess!

Original review: June 28, 2018

My husband and I recently completed our 12 day cruise with Princess and I want to share with you our experience during the cruise, specifically, my dietary concerns. I have celiac disease for the last 18 years and experience severe physical symptoms when I am exposed to any gluten. Because of this, I now use a new method to check if gluten is contained in food before I consume the food. I use a NIMA that allows me to get instant feedback if the food I am served contains gluten.

I met with the headwaiters of the main dining room (Symphony) as well as the specialty dining rooms (Crown Grill and Sabatini's) and made them aware of my dietary restrictions and needs. Several days into the cruise after eating at Sabatini's I experienced symptoms though I had not tested the food with the NIMA because all the ingredients were gluten free. Now, it became apparent to me that I should start testing my meals. A few days later I was served a crab appetizer in the main dining room and it tested positive though there were no ingredients in the dish that had gluten. It was apparent to me at this time that the dish was cross contaminated in the kitchen.

Several nights later I was in the Crown Grill and tested an Onion Soup with the NIMA and it found “high gluten”. Hristo from the main dining room happened to be at my table to bring me the next day’s menu and witnessed the testing and brought me a different soup from the main dining room that he insisted was gluten free and it too tested positive for gluten. I experienced distressing and uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms the last 5 days of my cruise.

On our last night we ate again at Sabatini's and I had a shrimp with vegetable dish – all gluten free ingredients, as stated by the headwaiter and it too tested positive for gluten. The head waiter argued with me that my meal had to be gluten free because all the ingredients were gluten free and I tried to explain to him that though he was correct, the food is getting cross contaminated in the kitchen. He made me feel as if I was the problem and not the food that contained gluten which just added to my distress, I was near tears.

My husband and I met with the Head Front Desk Supervisor, Dinish, who listened with concern and asked questions. I explained how the NIMA works and that it is something Princess should look into to protect their customers who have celiac disease. It was apparent Princess could not provide a safe gluten free diet for those customers who must not and cannot eat gluten without it negatively impact their health and their quality of life on an expensive 12 day cruise.

Three of our meals at the specialty dining were a bust because of the ship’s failure to provide a gluten free meal to me at an additional cost. I believe that expense along with the multiple conflicts over food warranted some type of compensation from Princess and Dinish said he would get back with us. Two days later and two hours before we were to disembark, since we had not heard anything from Dinish, we went to the front desk and was told “Dinish has nothing more to say to us…he has filled out his report”.

This action is just unacceptable! We prebooked another cruise on Princess the day after we started the cruise but if I have no assurances from Princess that they can provide me a safe gluten free diet, I cannot and I will not subject myself to this emotionally stressful and physically harmful setting. To further add to this situation, the chefs at the two specialty dining rooms as well as the main dining room, never offered to speak with me though I asked several times if they would.

I have cruised on Holland America multiple times and have never had this experience. I’ve met with the chefs and they made me feel safe and provided me with gluten free meals throughout each cruise. I foolishly expected the same experience with Princess Cruises (both owned by Carnival). I would like to hear what Princess Cruises will do to provide gluten free meals for me in the future, should I elect to go on another cruise. Additionally, I would like to see some form of compensation for all the challenging and exhausting experiences I had to deal with while trying to enjoy an expensive and long awaited trip to Scotland and Ireland with my husband.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We booked a trip of a lifetime on The Golden Princess to Canada & Alaska, Cruise, Bus and Train from Vancouver to Fairbanks or so we thought. This was our first holiday since my Husband has been confined to a wheelchair. Firstly before booking we checked with Princess numerous times to see if my husband’s wheelchair would fit and we found out if we upgraded to a mini suite we were assured that it would, guess what? It does not. I had to carry him in when his knees got so bad with carpet burns, We spoke to the customer service on the ship and there was nothing they could do. Then we got a DO NOT LEAVE YOUR WHEELCHAIR IN THE HALLWAY AT ANY TIME letter, we never left the wheelchair in the hallway ever, only at the time of getting my husband out of the chair into the cabin.

We had to ask the cabin cleaner for a chock to keep the door open while I transferred my Husband. Firstly we were told No as it is not allowed and he would get into trouble, after I hurt my back I asked him again and he ended up giving me one, which helped a great deal (I hope he does not get into trouble as it helped and I appreciated it very much). Then it was time to go on our train trip which everyone was wonderful. When we were transferred to the bus it was a bit difficult, but I made it.

Then we ended up in MT. McKinley. Our tour guide Michael told us that we had a room at the far end of the complex and it was reasonably flat, and if it was not right he would shift us, Guess what the reasonably flat was 2 very sharp hills for a wheelchair and I am not young anymore. We spoke to him and he said that he could not help us at Mt. McKinley, but at Denali and Fairbanks he would make it easier for us. Which he did and we appreciate it very much. I thought that it would have been seen to before we got our room as everyone knew we had a wheelchair.

After pushing my husband up the hills at Mt. McKinley over 8 times. I ended up with exhaustion in Denali and we had to miss out on our tour, at the time it was OK as I had to rest, but now thinking about it we did miss out on something we will never do again. This was our 3rd Princess Cruise and we have done and after the previous 2 wonderful cruises we picked Princess again. Well this has changed as we have decided never to Cruise with Princess or P&O again. It seems to me that if you are disabled in any way they don't care.

Princess Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

• Best for: The Princess Cruises are best for couples and adults seeking new adventures in exotic locations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs