2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.58/5

Princess Cruises Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

We sailed on the Island Princess on September 16-22, 2019. The ship was very clean and our steward, Jerrick was very pleasant and accommodating. He attended to our every needs. Our Dining Room waiter, Lorelei ** and Jr. waiter, Kevin ** were equally friendly and catered to all our requests. Likewise, Dining Room staff namely Cesar **, Albert ** and Apollo ** were eager to please. They all went above and beyond the line of duties. In a scale of 1-10, I would give them all a 10. The Entertainment was excellent especially the last two nights. Food was also excellent and the Customer Service staff was great. Overall we had a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

We went on an Alaskan cruise with a land portion after cruise. Every part of it was spectacular. Cabins were great so was the food. They are so organized and everything runs so smoothly. The hotels they provided after cruise were stunning. They had two tours provided for the land part that were included which were awesome. All the tours we could do at port were super and they had something for everyone. They have laundry facilities on the ship also. I have taken two other cruises and this one was the best.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have taken many cruises with Princess Cruise Line. I need another short cruise of 7 days minimum and I will be Elite. I have enjoyed the many cruises I took with Princess because they do their utmost to give everyone a super holiday. The evening shows are Vegas style. They always present the best performers available. All shows are well attended and sometimes they even present an extra show for complete attendance, The evening activities are fun and involve the audience most of the time for best results.

The food is well prepared and very tasty.. On one trip our server asked if we wanted a special dish that the kitchen did not serve. He assured us he would prepare any dish we wished to have, and he certainly did. Those little specials do make a big difference to all all us. They were not afraid to go the extra mile to give satisfaction. We were assigned to a local to be used to play bridge. A game we really liked. The excursions were organized in an orderly fashion, we all knew where to assemble and when to leave and when to be back so that we would not be looking at the back end of the bus at the end of the day.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The Princess hotel facilities in Denali disappointed in quality of food. A filet mignon steak Oscar was tough, full of gristle, and untrimmed of fat. Less than half of it was edible, the server offered no remedy. The entire time we were in the room the message light blinked, very annoying. Several calls to the front desk did not resolve the problem. The prices on the train to Denali were a shock....$6 for a half-bag of semi-stale popcorn. The ship was very nice and clean, however, the Eggs Benedict were cold (not warm), the fruit served was often unripe. Coffee was often unavailable via the servers. The dinners were pleasant and service was excellent. The room attendant was very efficient and accommodating. The constant barrage and upsell of jewelry and spa services became very annoying before the cruise ended.

Together with the other products (cameras, photos, clothing, art, spa products) we felt that almost all of our waking hours contained an imposition by some sales person on our time to enjoy the ship and scenery....too much! Since we have returned home, we found that the fine jewelry, camera, and art prices are very inflated. We learned to be very cautious when we left the ship for visits to the small towns and villages. The hustle continued there when we were identified as Princess passengers. On the day we were in Glacier Bay, the TV in our room did not work, therefore we missed the presentation by the Ranger, which we were looking forward to. The TV was eventually fixed, but after the presentation concluded. The cabin walls were very thin, conversations and TV and music and toilets flushing and showers from adjoining rooms were regularly audible from our room.

As we watched champagne glasses being stacked in an awesome display used during a major function in the main foyer of the ship, we couldn't help but notice the bare hands used to meticulously place each glass in its proper place were often placed inside the glasses after a handshake with another employee, or being used to brush their hair back into place, or being wiped on their clothing. It seemed that this is not a hygienic procedure.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Nice 7 day cruise to Alaska, stateroom and steward was excellent. The Horizon food courts was disappointing cafeteria food at best, food lacked flavor and variety. Some strange combination of foods. Breakfast was always good, lunch and dinner did not meet our expectations! Most of our excursions were great, getting off the ship was easy. Would have preferred more time in the Ports of Juneau, Victoria and Ketchikan. We booked 7 excursions, 2 in Juneau, 2 in Skagway, 1 in Ketchikan, 1 in Victoria and 1 in Seattle. Took the Kroschel Wildlife Refuge excursion in Skagway (SGY-370) VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

This excursion was a joke, like a backyard zoo, with 2 non-professionals running the show! Do not waste your money on this one, I don’t know how Animal Planet and Princess Cruise-lines could sponsor this excursion? The Alaska Cruise is a great experience and the Prince Cruise Line does a good job of getting you there and back!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: May 21, 2020

Had a cruise booked for Asia 2-2-20. I Understand that only 1/2 the cruise was taken due to the coronavirus global outbreaks.. Had bought the full package including the Platinum vacation protection package.. Never left my home due to a sickness.. Still trying to get some of my money back which is due to me and approved by corporate personnel..

Every time I speak to her, she says to be patient as they need more time.. Just got told it was pushed through to be on my credit card soon.. This was another 2 weeks ago... I have spent endless hours trying to get my money back with complete runarounds.. Can't believe they would do this to me as I am a platinum member and have cruised on many ships 57 times... This is the worst I ever had to deal with. Their Vacation protection package is a joke when it is time to collect and so are the people at Princess.. They do not care about you! This is not over yet, as I will have to try other means to get my refund... Will never do Princess again....

Original review: April 11, 2020

Had to take a ‘bump’ and they cut the fair in half. Also the best feature is paying a small amount to have your bags shipped from the ship direct to your house without touching them. July weather was great.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Enjoyed the cruise very much. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The entertainment was good, and shopping suggestions were helpful. There were drawings for jewelry and artwork that added to the fun.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Having cruised several times with Princess after our last cruise, never again. Appalling food and customer service. Sydney to Auckland 2 years ago. Totally indifferent to our justified complaints. They lost a Platinum member and they couldn’t care less.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I was just on the last cruise before shutdown in the Caribbean. The staff was so excellent and customer service so helpful that I will be taking another cruise as they resume operation in the fall. The staff could not have been better in their performance, across the board.

Princess Cruises author review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team