2.08/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

299 Princess Cruises Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I have traveled on Princess Cruises for years. I'm considered an "elite" client. So imagine my horror when the very cabin I'd booked repeatedly ended up this year being nothing like I booked or paid for! It was small, cramped with NONE of the amenities of a suite. It was in the front of the ship over the bridge where the "balcony" faced on to a public walkway. We not only couldn't sit out and enjoy it because it was closed off but people could wander by and TALK to us!!! We couldn't even open the drapes without exposing ourselves. This was not a reputable suite yet they charged for one. When I complained they offered a $1600 credit towards FUTURE travels. Why would I ever consider being duped again and have my hard earned vacation ruined. Beware, if they'd do this to a repeat customer who knew what a real suite looks like, they'll do this to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I missed my Indonesia Cruise due to a documented 5 and a half hour weather delay. I did not get the insurance because it was primarily for secondary health insurance - which I didn't need. Plus - should I really need insurance for a weather delay? Only the highest costing plan would have "potentially" covered MY REBOOKING a last minute one way flight to a connection destination in Asia - which wasn't even possible in my situation. The only way to get a REFUND was if the trip was delayed by the airline for 48+ hours. When do they delay a flight for that long? So, Princess took my money, resold my airline seat per my travel companion and made a tidy little profit. What a lucrative business plan. They sell virtually useless insurance and act like it's all your fault whether you did or didn't regardless of the fact that the insurance is crap. Once and done. I won't waste that kind of money again! There had to be better cruise companies out there!

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

After waiting for a response from Princess Cruises and evaluating the response from Princess from a December 23-30 2018 cruise, I have decided to share my experience that I shared with Princess Cruises via email. I made this decision after carefully listening to the respondent from Princess Cruises Customer service. The impression that I was left with was that you should have taken care of this on the ship. I have a different opinion. For a cruise costing close to 7000.00 the issue describe below should not have occurred:

"I am writing this email with feelings of deep regret having to write it in the first place. On the voyage listed above we encountered a most unpleasant experience during our cruise. The concern is about our dining experience with the waiter during the 5:30 seating at the Allegro Dining Room table 543. I would like to make it clear that our concern was with the waiter. His identification listing him from Mexico. I could not read his name. The assistant waiter was most courteous and accommodating and displayed the behavior more familiar to us from previous Princess Cruises.

"Concern Number 1 on the very first meal encounter the waiter started with my wife requesting her order. Mid-sentence he stops her boldly expressing in a most abrasive and disrespectful manner that he was only taking an order for whatever he thought should be the proper sequence. She complied and I was furious, but I calmed myself thinking maybe he is just having a rough night.

"Concern Number 2 another night when the menu had Pad Thai and an Oxtail dish as an option. I was not sure if I would like the Oxtail or the Pad Thai so I inquired about my options. His response, 'These are two main dishes, I can bring you a small sample of one but you can’t have both.' Please keep in mind a $6000.00 cruise all paid in full including gratuities and I have to negotiate for less than a $1.00 worth of pasta.

"Concern Number 3 on another night and the one that enraged me and caused me to have to give careful and long thought about ever booking with Princess again or encouraging the 9000 people that I work with who have been making social media request about our cruise, and I have not responded because I am so angry and disappointed. My daughter for whom we booked this cruise as a gift for her and her for becoming an RN and BSN at just 22 years old took her best friend all expenses paid. She on that night asked the same question about two dishes that she was not certain that she liked. This time the waiter completely ignored her and just brought the first of the two dishes that she mentioned never inquiring if she was satisfied.

"This gentlemen ruined our cruise, and as the time went on. I sensed that this was deliberate behavior on his part. I noticed at some points that we sat and waited for several minutes for him to come and service us and he did not respond until I made eye contact with him on one occasion. I became emotionally paralyzed because I did not expect this behavior from Princess Staff. The prior two Princess Cruises were the best cruises we had ever been on and we anticipated nothing different. We have cruised with Disney twice, Royal Caribbean six times, Carnival and Norwegian once. Never had the experiences described above."

The telephone staff that guided me to this email address listened so compassionately and then quietly asked why we did not address this on the ship, a very good question. We were trying desperately not to ruin the memory for our daughter while on board the vessel. The plan ended on our return home, when she overheard her mother and me talking about our experience and she burst into tears. That ended it for me.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

It's really unfortunate that I am forced to leave a 1-star review, because Princess Cruises is certainly not deserving of even one star. We booked a cruise to Alaska on Princess with 10 family members to celebrate our grandmother's 80th birthday. While Alaska itself was beautiful, the accommodations we were provided on the cruise were abysmal.

We booked the trip through Costco, and confirmed several times that the room we booked would comfortable accommodate four adults. We were supposed to have reserved a balcony suite, and it was confirmed several times by Costco and Princess that we would have a room with two queen beds (one being a couch pull-out). That would have been ideal, but instead we received a much smaller room with a full-size bed, a bunk bed that came down from the ceiling, and a roll-away cot that they wheeled in every night. After several attempts to remedy the situation at the front desk (at least 10 visits), we were told they would make it right. We were also told by at least 3 front desk representatives, that the room we received was *not suited* for four adults, but rather two adults, and 1-2 children.

Unfortunately, nothing was ever done during the duration of our cruise, and we didn't have a choice but to make the most of it. Upon returning home (and several attempts to contact Princess while on vacation), we sent several emails, spent hours on the phone with both Costco and Princess. The best they could offer after explaining our situation was $100 credit toward a future cruise. Seriously? I would NEVER consider cruising with Princess again after the way they handled this situation. Yeah, it might have been partially our fault for thinking 4 adults could share a room, but we were first-time cruisers. Isn't that what the sales representatives are for when gathering information and confirming? Either way, both Costco and Princess should be ashamed that this is the kind of service they offer people spending thousands of dollars to use their service.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Perhaps all cruise companies do this. We signed up for a March 2019 cruise in late November and paid for it in full in mid-December. A check on their website in mid-January shows significant reductions to the prices of this cruise. In our case, almost $1,000.00. A call to Princess to adjust our price was unsuccessful, although the agent at least tried. But for whatever crazy marketing rules Princess uses, no adjustment could be made. This will be our 4th cruise with Princess, and I'm pretty sure it will be the last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

WHOEVER BOOKS THIS CRUISE, BE CAREFUL, I booked cruise plan last week, received confirmation that my booking is confirmed. Next step to do was online check-in, so week after I logged in to do online check-in, now it says ''booking cancelled''. I called customer service. Someone name ''Ruth'' extremely rude who doesn't know anything, I wonder how she got the job or Princess just doesn't care, says it's cancelled because payment was not received, where I ran my card the day when I booked the cruise and it went through that's why I received confirmation email from them. Now she says ''Balcony are all sold out, I can give you ocean view''. Then she says someone will get back to on Monday or Tuesday, such a unprofessional and unreliable, untrustworthy company is this. I never took Princess in my life, always did Carnival and they are the best, carnival knows what they are doing, unlike this Princess.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Despite trepidation from previous experience using the Princess website five years ago, we booked a Princess Cruise to Alaska for this June. I presumed that in the interim, they would have improved - if anything, it has gotten worse. In order to book your excursions, you really have to use their website (if you call up, not surprisingly you will be connected to someone who is unfamiliar with specific details - you will then be placed on hold for tens of minutes while they sort out the answer to one specific question). Sadly, the website is TOTALLY dysfunctional - it is even inconsistent in taking data like credit card numbers. For any given day, there may be 20 or more tours available - after looking at the specific tour, instead of returning you to the place where you left off, it goes to the beginning. If a tour is fully booked, you have to go to the details to learn that; if it is not appropriate for your agenda, you have to figure that out by again reading specifics.

Bear in mind that for an 11 day cruise, there is a lot of material to digest and the lack of thought put into this cruise planner makes it a VERY time consuming process. The simple expedient of not showing anything not appropriate for your cruise itinerary and "graying out" those tours that are fully booked would be a simple first start in making this usable. In summary, the aggravation of using the cruise planner takes all the fun out of planning a vacation. I will never again book a Princess Cruise - it is just an abysmal process!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

PROS: * VARIETY OF ENTERTAINMENT: The staff seem to work hard and wear lots of hats. They provide enough entertainment for all ages. * MEAT LOVERS: Buffet has great food options for meat lovers especially for a long cruise. * Sweet Tooth: Lots of great desserts to choose from. CONS: * NOT FOR VEGGIE LOVERS: More desserts than vegetarian options. Very few veggies in every meal. Mostly served iceberg lettuce, very few times romaine was available, for salad throughout the length of the cruise. We never used iceberg lettuce nor romaine at home. Spring mix, arugula and other greens for salad would have been great. * Lots of Noises and Vibration: A lot of vibration and squeaking noises throughout the ship. Shows the ships age.

* DIRTY, FILTHY, NASTY: Windows along the pool deck, stateroom decks, shelving on the rooms, bathroom countertop and soap holder are all nasty. No one cleans them. We have a mini-suite therefore comes with a balcony and you wouldn't even want to seat out there. The deck looks filthy, you don't even want to know what the flooring has been exposed to. It's stained, brown spots everywhere on the blue looking turf like material that looks like it was never ever cleaned, rinsed or power washed. The glass railing hasn't been cleaned, it has white streaks it defeats the purpose of enjoying the view of the ocean from the stateroom. The same nasty streaks can be noticed when dining by the pool deck. Those windows can be cleaned while on port yet they don't do so. The chairs on our stateroom deck looks like it had bird droppings. Nasty!!! We never sat on it for the entire length of the cruise.

* VERY LITTLE CREW SUPERVISION: No one supervises the stateroom cleaning staff. You may put a tag on your door to refresh the room. It can be there all day and they will never come. If they were supervised like other cruise lines, you won't see the thick dust that has collected above, below and around the TV shelving. I didn't notice this until I put down some on our things on the shelf/desk underneath the TV and when I picked it up, there's this white grayish stuff on its bottom. It's thick dust.

* BED BUGS!!! On our second to the last night of our cruise, my husband and I had bites all over our body. They were itchy. We were at sea and didn't have internet so we didn't know what kind of bites we got until we arrived home. Bed bugs! We travel the world a lot and never encountered and never been bitten by bed bugs before so we didn't know what this marks were on our body until we got to mainland America and started Googling and learned they were bed bug bites. Uggghhh... What a headache to deal with all our stuff from that cruise. They're most likely infested with bed bugs too.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Last April 7 members of our family booked a cruise to New England/Canada for 7 days. We each checked the box for travel protection insurance. Month by month, we all paid installments on our dream trip. My 82 year old Mother paid her final payment on July 11, 2018. PAID IN FULL! On July 17 she was admitted to the hospital and 5 days later we had a diagnosis of Myasthenia Gravis. Holding out hope that she would stabilize she continued to look forward to our late October departure, knowing that she had travel protection insurance through her Princess booking and would get a refund if she was unable to travel.

DONT BELIEVE IT! They do not pay! When she had to canceled on her Dr recommendation, she provided every proof of payment, every medical document and then the insurance denied the claim and Princess Customer Relations refused to assist or refund my Mother's money as well. Furthermore when I asked for a written explanation explaining the reason for their refusal to issue the refund, from Princess Customer Relations, I was told that they never put anything in writing, all you get is a phone call saying, "I’m sorry but our review board has denied your request!"

MY RECOMMENDATION... NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH PRINCESS CRUISE LINES... NEVER WASTE MONEY ON TRAVEL INSURANCE. I’ve been on more than 20 cruises in my lifetime, but will never again travel with Princess Cruise lines because of their unscrupulous business practices! Honesty and integrity do not exist in their Customer Relations Dept.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I just wanted to say "Thank you Guys!!!" from our whole family of 5 people, who traveled on Regal Princess to Carribean Islands. We had a great time (first time on cruise) the whole week!!! The crew is awesome, everything is super clean, food is unforgettable, variety of entertainment is impressive. We traveled with 3 children and they loved to go to kids club because it was fun all the time.

Our steward was most caring person ever! He was regularly keeping our rooms clean, filled with towels and other necessities, he made very cute and funny animals from towels for kids and even fixed our son's sunglasses! We will definitely recommend Princess Cruise for all our friends and relatives! Thank you Princess Crew for unforgettable vacation and for taking such a good care for the ship itself. As soon as we are ready we will consider to meet with you again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I would not recommend Princess Cruises to anyone. I am a travel agent and there are better options. We found the crew not interested in being honest with the passengers. It was a take all you can get attitude. Three brief examples. 1. I went down to the medical clinic to get something for a sore throat. I was handed a box of 36 lozenges for about $19.00 which I agreed to pay. (In a store on land they were $4.95.) After paying for them I noticed the box looked like it had been opened. At that point the assistant said "Oh Yeh, there are only 24 in the box." That's $.90 cents per each one.

2. We asked to purchase a wine program. The come on was have a glass of wine each night for half price. We were handed a clip board with the top half of the paper on it covered up and asked to sign to see if we qualify. When the man returned he said yes and handed us back a totally filled out form at $1,700 and told that amount had been charged to our account. We said absolutely no. They said it would be difficult to change the billing. It got changed but why the dishonesty in the first place. Boy were we getting more and more angry. 3. We had agreed to purchase a health service for a quoted price of $99.00. That amount was repeated over and over again. When the bill came it was for 113.00. When we asked why the response we "It's my tip.”

4. A big embarrassing problem happened when we were given a bad bottle of wine which we had to refuse. We were told we would have to purchase it anyway. We were angry on the trip, on the flight home and after we got home. I do not understand why Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, put her name on any promotion of this dishonest company. On home I wrote to Princess Cruise Lines customer relations department. Three months later I had not received a call or email from them on the numbers I gave them. When I finally connected I talked to a sickening sweet lady who suggested that most of this was our fault.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

On March 3, 2018 my mother's luggage was either lost or stolen somewhere between the corridor opposite our stateroom and the pier where passengers collect their luggage at the end of the cruise. That same day before leaving the collection area, she filled out the Princess Cruises "Missing and Damaged Luggage Report". She was advised by the pier attendant who received her report that she should wait several weeks before taking any action, as there was a possibility that the luggage would be found. Weeks went by, so on behalf of my mother, I made an inquiry with the head office of Princess Cruises about reimbursement for her missing luggage. I also e-mailed a detailed list of the contents to her case, and a copy of the report.

On April 6, 2018, my mother received an e-mail from the Property Claims Specialist at Princess Cruise Lines Head Office, stating that a request for a check in the amount of $250 US to be sent to my mother's address had been made. After about a month, no check had arrived at my mother's address. I contacted the Property Claims Specialist by e-mail stating that my mother had not yet received the check. He e-mailed back that it must have been sent to the wrong address. He would cancel the check and send out a new one to the correct address. No check arrived. I tried several times to reach the Property Claims Specialist, but he did not answer my e-mails or telephone messages.

Finally I did succeed in reaching The Property Claims Specialist on August 23, 2018 by phone. At that time he said that he saw my mother's claim. There had been a problem with the department that makes the checks, and he would talk to them within the next few working days. Still no check was sent to my mother. Since then, not one of my e-mails or telephone messages have been answered, and my mother is still waiting for that check. My mother is a 94 year old Navy veteran. She deserves, anyone deserves better treatment than this.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Grand Princess 10/24-11/08/18 Hawaiian trip: I was offended and disappointed that Princess allows and permits in today times and environment their comedian to use racial and ethnic jokes to portray Polish people as stupid! Shame, shame, shame Princess - your Comedian Noodles Levenstein should not be allowed to perform on your ships!!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Came back from an Alaskan cruise to find that American Airlines didn't even have the flight Princess had booked. Their help department told me to phone on Monday (this was Saturday in Seattle). I had to book and pay for my own flight home at a cost of $960.00 and 20 hours late. Still waiting 7 weeks after my complaint when they told me I'd have an answer in 4 weeks. I wouldn't trust this company again. I have all receipts and have sent copies of them to Princess. I also have all audio of all conversations with them as I know they have. My next step may have to be legal.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Customer service took a month to get back to me after we missed 1/2 day in a port. Thanks to power outage that delayed us and was human error (admitted by the captain while on the cruise). Customer service woman argued with me over that point (said it wasn't human error) and when I told her it absolutely was she actually had the gall to interrupt me and say that it wasn't and they would provide nothing. We lost half a day in Scotland and had to go through rough waters. Thanks to missing the tide window and they couldn't have cared less. Coffee card didn't include ice cream as in the past and the card now expires at the end of each cruise. Princess in slow decline, issues like this popping up a lot now.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We ran out of beer and wine 3 days before cruise ended. Ice cream limited to 2 flavors no banana, chocolate, or vanilla and still had 4 days to go. Duty free alcohol very limited no bourbon, scotch or whiskey sold out 5 days into cruise. Food was very poor and advertised menu was not always available. Dined at specialty restaurant and waited 40 mins for main meal. We booked for 7.30 and we still had no dessert at 9.00 so walked out. Tours very expensive. Entertainment very poor. Overall extremely disappointed with service and when we let customer service know their response was, "So what do you want us to do about it." Have cruised with Princess before and thought we would give them a second try but can honestly say worst cruise ever and 90% of passengers were not happy and all said never again. Passengers should be offered something for all the inconveniences.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Earlier this year, I booked a cruise for 4 persons (in 2 cabins. Deposits were paid on booking with final payments due on 20th September. I paid mine and as I had arranged this trip, reminded the others about this date. I heard no more and sometime later when ringing the Sydney office was told that the person sharing with me had canceled as had the other two. They had NOT informed me. The company then told me. I could go but had to pay another full fare. As they have my money, I asked if I could go on an identical cruise in March 2019 (accompanied by my daughter) as the cruise coincides with my birthday.

This was refused. And in spite of many calls to the Sydney office and a promise that a Manager would contact me, nothing has been said nor done. The Cruise Planners have changed several times since February and at present, my Planner is Emily whom I have great difficulty in contacting in spite of leaving messages. my daughter was told on 4th October that a manager would contact us, but no one has called. The service has been extremely poor in view of the fact that this would have been my 4th cruise with Princess.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We have constantly seen customer service at Princess Cruises decline over the past few years. I had a problem on a cruise in January this year with the soft mattress Princess now uses on all their cruises because of a back issue. My travel agent contacted Princess Cruises and requested they provide an egg crate on an upcoming cruise in April, 2018. They said it would be provided. The first day I told our cabin steward I should have an egg crate on our mattress and he assured me we did. I looked for it after sleeping uncomfortably the first night and didn't find an egg crate. I asked the cabin steward again and this time he said "we don't have any egg crates on board". I was lied to twice, once by Princess saying they would have the egg crate for my bed and then by the cabin steward.

We've also seen a degradation in both the quality of food and service on Princess ships. Where you once received quality beef and Maine lobsters in the regular dining rooms, you now have to pay separately. I expressed my concerns and the issues I have been dealing with in an email to Ms. Jan Swartz, President Princess Cruises, in May, 2018. After not receiving a response, I followed up with another email to her in August. To this day I have not received a response to my issues.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My father in law was eating in the buffet for breakfast, the third morning of the cruise and found a long black hair INSIDE his french toast batter. The hair was not on top of the food, but actually coked in the batter and the toast; he had to pull it out of his mouth. Management recommended we eat at the dining rooms for breakfast and lunch to avoid this in the future; 2 days later, I found a short black hair BAKED into my fried/baked lobster in the Portofino dining room. We spoke to management and they were dismissive, even to make us feel like we were lying since it happened twice. It wasn't until I showed them the pictures that they removed the gratuities from our account. Management went as far as to say "it is a ship wide problem". No concern to violations of VSP or CDC Food Regulations. I was appalled and I couldn't eat in the dining rooms after that.

Our cabin was actually bigger than interior cabins that we have been in previously, which was nice. The only issue with it was the bathrooms were dirty, disgustingly so. There was mold growing in the corner of the showers, under the sink, etc. The grout was black and grimy, and in some parts, even peeling up. It looked like the bathroom needed a good CLR and pressure washing or simply, removing the old grout and regrouting. Programming on board was geared towards people 60 and older. Examples included knitting, origami, bible studies, workshops for posture & back pain, etc. All staff seemed disengaged, unconcerned. All other cruise staff on other cruise lines, make it seem like their greatest priority is to ensure that you are having fun and well taken care of, not the case on this cruise.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I'm really not sure where to begin here. Nearly every step of my Alaskan cruise experience aboard the Island Princess was awful. I will NEVER, EVER travel aboard a Princess cruise ship again. I think the best way to summarize Princess as a brand is like this: their sales materials describe an experience akin to that of a Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. In reality, you're getting a Hilton, at BEST. Their sales materials are VERY misleading and grossly mischaracterize the accommodations and amenities on the boat.

The food was so so. The staff was generally unfriendly and only interested in selling you extras (more on that later). The shore excursions were overpriced. The amenities felt old and dated (yes, there are two pools - one is outside and not really usable in Alaska's cool weather, and the other is indoors but not heated for some reason).

And probably the worst part - when I mean they nickel and dime you on extra amenities, it's absolutely outrageous. $.79 for Wifi? Gimme a break. They try to sell you bottled water at every turn, so we asked if the tap water in our room is safe to drink. Every staff member gave us a different BS reason as to why it wasn't, including our absolute favorite quote from the trip, "the tap water won't hurt you, but it lacks the vitamins of bottled water." HAHAH! I don't think I can clearly state how disappointed we were with this cruise, and highly encourage you to book on a different cruise line. Do yourself a favor and take my advice before wasting your hard-earned money on any Princess cruise.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

This refers to our cruise to Alaska, inside passage. It was outstanding. The service on the cruise was very good. The ports and excursions were top quality.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Nothing compares to an all-inclusive river cruise. You have to pay for every activity you want to do on a large cruise line. Food was good, not great.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have traveled over 60 cruises with Princess. I also went with enough other cruise lines to compare. I felt most meals where pretty similar but always felt that Princess offered the best entertainment. Some offered better spa facilities. I found that the service was excellent as far as waiters and room stewards to be good on most, but as far as Princess is concerned, it was always excellent. Boarding has improved 100% since I first started cruising as well as disembarkation, on Princess. Of course with my elite classification I do receive special attention, but notice that the lines continue to become shorter.

I have switched to using Princess reservation personnel and find they try to give you the best service - the last 4 cruises I used the same person and she did an outstanding job accommodating me and those that travelled with me. When we booked 5 cabins with 13 people she booked us with adjoining rooms and a dinner table for 13, which in the past would have been nearly impossible.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

This company wants one thing, your money. Let me begin by saying I was traveling with my 90 year old father, a WWII vet and my 78 year old mother. Princess Air did not go over the itinerary like they were supposed to. The itinerary was confusing and if we would have known about this horror we never would have agreed to it. First we had a 11 hour wait from the time we disembarked from the ship at Athens airport. Then we had another 11 hour layover at Heathrow. We landed at 1020 in the evening, no toiletries, no pounds, and we spent the night in the airport. My parents were depressed and disoriented. We flew into Kennedy and had another 3 hour layover and boarded our flight to Baltimore. The ages of my parents are clearly indicated on the paperwork. Who does this? A company who could care less, that's who.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We went on a cruise to Alaska departing & returning to San Francisco, CA. We booked a mini suite and the room was very nice but also what I expected for this category of room. Our cabin steward was just "ok." The specialty dining was great, but the main dining room food was just "eh." Table service was good, but menu options - not many. Ship photography was lousy and promotion offered was somewhat useless. We purchased the package deal which was to provide us with a memory stick containing our photos and there was also a picture frame included. Oddly the picture frame did not fit any of the photos purchased. The memory stick was empty when I got home and they sent me 2 more before one arrived containing our photos. Not sure I would cruise with them again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The islands St Martin and St Thomas were both extremely run down and damaged from the hurricane last year. The islands were very ugly, houses and buildings with no roofs, cars and boats still over turned. Our guide said the children still have no school to go to and the post office is nonexistent. The guide also said that it would take many, many years to fix these islands because the islands have no money. I feel very bad for the people but this is not my idea of a happy fun vacation!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

The airline lost our luggage and Princess took over dealing with it. It took a while but we received it all with no effort on our part, even though it was not their fault. They were awesome!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I spoke with two customer service reps and Karen (supervisor) which both calls lasted over 40 min each. I booked a reservation through a casino promotion and got a free 5 day balcony trip. I never took a cruise before and was excited about taking a first time trip for our 1 year anniversary. On the 12:00 call today, I confirmed I wanted to leave on the 29th of Nov and she confirmed that as well. I get back my confirmation email and the date was for Nov 20. I called back and the call took over 40 min again and the Representative was rude.

It was not MY FAULT YOU GUYS BOOKED ME FOR THE WRONG DATE and I have to call back to fix this? I get connected to a supervisor and she was not really helpful. Karen could care less how It was a first time trip for me and it was my 1 year anniversary. I am so disappointed in Princess Cruises and I will never take a cruise through you guys ever in my life. I never knew how terrible the customer service is. Have my free voucher and posting everywhere.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We took the Alaska Cruise - Scenic Train combo package and we were awestruck by the Glaciers and the wildlife in the last unspoiled frontier left in the US. We enjoyed the optional side excursions and would go back in a second if possible.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

The cruise was relaxing but there was numerous repairs that were going on closing one of the pools. Plus the formal dining was not very formal. Food was the same taste as in the buffet in my room. Bare electrical wires plugins were coming out and ceiling lights falling out. Not worth the money you pay for the cruise.

Princess Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

• Best for: The Princess Cruises are best for couples and adults seeking new adventures in exotic locations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Princess Cruises Company Information

1965
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita
www.princess.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.