3.85/5

Looking for a travel site?

Princess Cruises

Looking for a travel site?

Princess Cruises Reviews

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I have taken many cruises with Princess Cruise Line. I need another short cruise of 7 days minimum and I will be Elite. I have enjoyed the many cruises I took with Princess because they do their utmost to give everyone a super holiday. The evening shows are Vegas style. They always present the best performers available. All shows are well attended and sometimes they even present an extra show for complete attendance, The evening activities are fun and involve the audience most of the time for best results.

The food is well prepared and very tasty.. On one trip our server asked if we wanted a special dish that the kitchen did not serve. He assured us he would prepare any dish we wished to have, and he certainly did. Those little specials do make a big difference to all all us. They were not afraid to go the extra mile to give satisfaction. We were assigned to a local to be used to play bridge. A game we really liked. The excursions were organized in an orderly fashion, we all knew where to assemble and when to leave and when to be back so that we would not be looking at the back end of the bus at the end of the day.

Original review: July 26, 2019

The Princess hotel facilities in Denali disappointed in quality of food. A filet mignon steak Oscar was tough, full of gristle, and untrimmed of fat. Less than half of it was edible, the server offered no remedy. The entire time we were in the room the message light blinked, very annoying. Several calls to the front desk did not resolve the problem. The prices on the train to Denali were a shock....$6 for a half-bag of semi-stale popcorn. The ship was very nice and clean, however, the Eggs Benedict were cold (not warm), the fruit served was often unripe. Coffee was often unavailable via the servers. The dinners were pleasant and service was excellent. The room attendant was very efficient and accommodating. The constant barrage and upsell of jewelry and spa services became very annoying before the cruise ended.

Together with the other products (cameras, photos, clothing, art, spa products) we felt that almost all of our waking hours contained an imposition by some sales person on our time to enjoy the ship and scenery....too much! Since we have returned home, we found that the fine jewelry, camera, and art prices are very inflated. We learned to be very cautious when we left the ship for visits to the small towns and villages. The hustle continued there when we were identified as Princess passengers. On the day we were in Glacier Bay, the TV in our room did not work, therefore we missed the presentation by the Ranger, which we were looking forward to. The TV was eventually fixed, but after the presentation concluded. The cabin walls were very thin, conversations and TV and music and toilets flushing and showers from adjoining rooms were regularly audible from our room.

As we watched champagne glasses being stacked in an awesome display used during a major function in the main foyer of the ship, we couldn't help but notice the bare hands used to meticulously place each glass in its proper place were often placed inside the glasses after a handshake with another employee, or being used to brush their hair back into place, or being wiped on their clothing. It seemed that this is not a hygienic procedure.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Nice 7 day cruise to Alaska, stateroom and steward was excellent. The Horizon food courts was disappointing cafeteria food at best, food lacked flavor and variety. Some strange combination of foods. Breakfast was always good, lunch and dinner did not meet our expectations! Most of our excursions were great, getting off the ship was easy. Would have preferred more time in the Ports of Juneau, Victoria and Ketchikan. We booked 7 excursions, 2 in Juneau, 2 in Skagway, 1 in Ketchikan, 1 in Victoria and 1 in Seattle. Took the Kroschel Wildlife Refuge excursion in Skagway (SGY-370) VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

This excursion was a joke, like a backyard zoo, with 2 non-professionals running the show! Do not waste your money on this one, I don’t know how Animal Planet and Princess Cruise-lines could sponsor this excursion? The Alaska Cruise is a great experience and the Prince Cruise Line does a good job of getting you there and back!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Have sailed several times with Princess. Regal Princes March 2019. They have improved boarding & departure to a seamless effort. That includes excursions. Our room is always spacious (for a ship) with a nice balcony. Note; you can do a little research and pick the exact room you want. If your goal is to save a few bucks then you get what you pay for. Our room Stewart Rickie was awesome. We have always had a hard working room Stewart. Having said that; I tip accordingly (these gentleman/ladies) work long hours. Next would be the food; which is fantastic. We especially like the Crown Grill which we visited twice. (Fillet mignon melts in your mouth.)

For me the next important item would be a world class gym and running track. Would definitely buy a membership to this fitness center. The entertainment is spectacular. Live shows, vocals and special events like the Beatles and comic Kevin Jordan. You would pay a lot $$ for shows like this in Toronto. Everyone seemed in a good mood, both guests and staff.

It is well known that Princess caters to the senior crowd. I would say many choose this line for the mature piece and quiet. There are no Zip Lines or water slides for a reason. Ok what you have all been waiting for; Nothing is cheap on Princess. Bottle water = $2, Excursions are pricey but we have always had a great time. (and got back to the ship on time). I recommend you book everything yourself, as much as possible. We have never had an issue with doing everything on-line prior to the cruise. OH I lied. I always have flowers (for my wife) sent to the room upon arrival Once they were a day late.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I just wanted to say "Thank you Guys!!!" from our whole family of 5 people, who traveled on Regal Princess to Carribean Islands. We had a great time (first time on cruise) the whole week!!! The crew is awesome, everything is super clean, food is unforgettable, variety of entertainment is impressive. We traveled with 3 children and they loved to go to kids club because it was fun all the time.

Our steward was most caring person ever! He was regularly keeping our rooms clean, filled with towels and other necessities, he made very cute and funny animals from towels for kids and even fixed our son's sunglasses! We will definitely recommend Princess Cruise for all our friends and relatives! Thank you Princess Crew for unforgettable vacation and for taking such a good care for the ship itself. As soon as we are ready we will consider to meet with you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I took cruise back in August and my Booking #**. Due to bad weather our Prepaid excursion was cancelled and we were told we will receive a refund check. The refund amount is close $300. My sail dates were Aug 24-31, 2019. I still have NOT received the check. I waited until October and I made my first call on Oct 6, 2019. All agents that I spoke to till date have given me different dates and different answers. They keep transferring me from department to department. Initially they told me, "Your check was sent out on Sept 13, 2019 and so maybe wait for couple days and if you still don't receive it, talk to Accounting department."

When I called again to talk to Accounting department they said it's something Customer service department needs to take care of. When I called again they said 'We don't have a full address for you. We will go ahead and cancel the check that we sent earlier and re issue the check.' I don't understand why would they not verify the address before sending out the check. When I called again to get an update on the check they said they have to now wait to get the refund from the check that they had sent and only then they can reissue another check. This is sooooo ridiculous. I was not informed about this when I called earlier. I was told they are reissuing the check.

I called last week to see if they reissued the check and they said no they are still waiting to receive the refund from the check they sent earlier. I called today and they said the check was reissued on OCT 16, 2019 and they gave me Bottomline's phone number where I can track my check, a third party through which they sent out a check. Right after talking to these Morons I called Bottomline and they had no records of check that was sent out on Oct 16, 2019. So I call Princess Cruises again to see what's really going on???

The representative was not even ready to listen the whole story and just transferred me Revenue department. Revenue department transferred me to Reservations department. The representative then tells me the check was issued on OCT 9, 2019 so I told then why don't Bottomline have any records of the check???? Representative tells me, "I am not sure about that!" This is the answer I get. Later she tells me the Process was of reissuing the check was started on OCT 9, 2019. So I asked, "When are you going to mail out the check?" And she tells me she don't have exact date for that.

I demanded to talk to her Manager and she tells she has no way to contact a manager and she can transfer to the supervisor. I had already talk to a supervisor and they are of no help either. Princess cruises steal your money and have no intention of returning your money. They will RIP YOU OFF and give you run around. Once your done sailing, they don't care. They got your money and that's all they care about. The customer service SUCKS and the representative have no intention of helping you. BEWARE of this biggest STEALING COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I can't comment on the cruise itself as due to visa issues I had to cancel this. I asked for a change of date on the cruise to allow for the visa to be processed but I was told this was not possible and I would have to cancel the cruise incurring a 1000+ dollar cost. Understanding this was the company policy on the 24th July I agreed to a refund for the remaining amount to be sent as they stated they had no means to issue a refund via PayPal or bank transfer. On the 27 August I was still awaiting the cheque, I called Princess who stated this had been sent and to wait ( address the cheque was mailed to was also confirmed as being correct.)

One week later, I contact Princess again who now state the original cheque had been sent to the incorrect address and would be sent again. I waited another week... (In this time I had called daily and been informed the cheque had been sent on numerous occasions.) until I was finally told the cheque had to be sent by the USA office, as the Sydney one is unable to process cheques.

I requested contacted details for the USA office to which I was informed there is no contact number and for privacy reasons I could not contact them. I asked for the correspondence between the Sydney office and USA and asked to be CC' into any correspondence- again I was told NO. I requested a tracking number when the cheque is sent out due to the time taken and loss of previously 'sent' cheques again I was told NO, despite fair trade NSW stating this was within my. Throughout my interaction with Princess I was lied to on multiple occasions by multiple staff who were rude and unhelpful.

Anyway long story short its now the 3rd of October and I'm still await 3800+ in refunds. This company is beyond a joke. once they have your money they are happy. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE, I don't know how a company with such terrible customer service is still operating. A formal complaint and complaint to fair trade had been made.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We have been on the Regal Princess 3 times during the past 5 years and could not imagine how much the food quality and daily activities have deteriorated since our last trip. The food was never served hot; if it came slightly warm we thought we were lucky. Meat and fish quality and preparation were abysmal. Princess should be ashamed.

The cruise director could not determine activities to keep the passengers occupied during a recent re positioning and failed to schedule daily events. The main activity during the day was to show "movies under the stars" during the cold/rainy morning and afternoon. An activity created by the cruise staff was a game to bet on which elevator would arrive next.

Cruise excursions were overpriced and after being disappointed by 3 different excursions we cancelled the remainder and found private excursions for half the price and at a much higher quality. All in all, we could not have been more disappointed. A written complaint by my wife during the cruise was totally ignored, even though Princess said that they valued the input of their guests.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I am sharing my nightmarish experience with this website - American Discount Cruises. Stay away from this site, they are worse than a rabid dog. Will scam you out of everything and will also sell the personal information and put it out on websites including full names and Credit card numbers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

We went on a 7 day cruise through Alaska and other than the views that Mother Nature gave us, it was a total bust. The staff is off putting and most of them are difficult to understand. Our waiter spilled my husband's $25 whiskey drink at dinner and we had to practically demand him get us a new one, it was a full drink and he didn’t even acknowledge he spilled it until we did and just said, sorry?? The food was pretty sub par, their "specialty" restaurants were not so special... They stop serving any sit down meals at 1:30 so you are forced into the buffet or hot dogs until dinner, we should be able to eat whenever and wherever we please with the money we spent! Their entertainment was only ok on one of the nights, and that’s if you can find a seat. There was a HORRIBLE smell on our balcony the whole trip, I think we got stuck by the sewer system, so much for that romantic dinner outside on the patio!

This cruise line is very middle of the road, I would compare it to a three star hotel, lacked luster through and through. No music was played, we had one song sang to us on one night, the whole trip really lacked energy. The pools said heated but were absolutely freezing, of course no one could tell me why because half of the workers didn’t understand my question for some odd reason. They kick you out of the hot tub at 9:30, really?!! Everything about this cruise line is a scam for your money, they don’t give a darn about customer service or making sure people are having a good time. LOW QUALITY WITH TONS OF RULES AND MISLEADING PROMISES, never again.

Princess Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

• Best for: The Princess Cruises are best for couples and adults seeking new adventures in exotic locations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs