3.77/5

315 Princess Cruises Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

Nice 7 day cruise to Alaska, stateroom and steward was excellent. The Horizon food courts was disappointing cafeteria food at best, food lacked flavor and variety. Some strange combination of foods. Breakfast was always good, lunch and dinner did not meet our expectations! Most of our excursions were great, getting off the ship was easy. Would have preferred more time in the Ports of Juneau, Victoria and Ketchikan. We booked 7 excursions, 2 in Juneau, 2 in Skagway, 1 in Ketchikan, 1 in Victoria and 1 in Seattle. Took the Kroschel Wildlife Refuge excursion in Skagway (SGY-370) VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!

This excursion was a joke, like a backyard zoo, with 2 non-professionals running the show! Do not waste your money on this one, I don’t know how Animal Planet and Princess Cruise-lines could sponsor this excursion? The Alaska Cruise is a great experience and the Prince Cruise Line does a good job of getting you there and back!

Original review: March 6, 2019

Have sailed several times with Princess. Regal Princes March 2019. They have improved boarding & departure to a seamless effort. That includes excursions. Our room is always spacious (for a ship) with a nice balcony. Note; you can do a little research and pick the exact room you want. If your goal is to save a few bucks then you get what you pay for. Our room Stewart Rickie was awesome. We have always had a hard working room Stewart. Having said that; I tip accordingly (these gentleman/ladies) work long hours. Next would be the food; which is fantastic. We especially like the Crown Grill which we visited twice. (Fillet mignon melts in your mouth.)

For me the next important item would be a world class gym and running track. Would definitely buy a membership to this fitness center. The entertainment is spectacular. Live shows, vocals and special events like the Beatles and comic Kevin Jordan. You would pay a lot $$ for shows like this in Toronto. Everyone seemed in a good mood, both guests and staff.

It is well known that Princess caters to the senior crowd. I would say many choose this line for the mature piece and quiet. There are no Zip Lines or water slides for a reason. Ok what you have all been waiting for; Nothing is cheap on Princess. Bottle water = $2, Excursions are pricey but we have always had a great time. (and got back to the ship on time). I recommend you book everything yourself, as much as possible. We have never had an issue with doing everything on-line prior to the cruise. OH I lied. I always have flowers (for my wife) sent to the room upon arrival Once they were a day late.

Get expert buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I just wanted to say "Thank you Guys!!!" from our whole family of 5 people, who traveled on Regal Princess to Carribean Islands. We had a great time (first time on cruise) the whole week!!! The crew is awesome, everything is super clean, food is unforgettable, variety of entertainment is impressive. We traveled with 3 children and they loved to go to kids club because it was fun all the time.

Our steward was most caring person ever! He was regularly keeping our rooms clean, filled with towels and other necessities, he made very cute and funny animals from towels for kids and even fixed our son's sunglasses! We will definitely recommend Princess Cruise for all our friends and relatives! Thank you Princess Crew for unforgettable vacation and for taking such a good care for the ship itself. As soon as we are ready we will consider to meet with you again!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have traveled over 60 cruises with Princess. I also went with enough other cruise lines to compare. I felt most meals where pretty similar but always felt that Princess offered the best entertainment. Some offered better spa facilities. I found that the service was excellent as far as waiters and room stewards to be good on most, but as far as Princess is concerned, it was always excellent. Boarding has improved 100% since I first started cruising as well as disembarkation, on Princess. Of course with my elite classification I do receive special attention, but notice that the lines continue to become shorter.

I have switched to using Princess reservation personnel and find they try to give you the best service - the last 4 cruises I used the same person and she did an outstanding job accommodating me and those that travelled with me. When we booked 5 cabins with 13 people she booked us with adjoining rooms and a dinner table for 13, which in the past would have been nearly impossible.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

We took the Alaska Cruise - Scenic Train combo package and we were awestruck by the Glaciers and the wildlife in the last unspoiled frontier left in the US. We enjoyed the optional side excursions and would go back in a second if possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Princess Cruises?

Original review: June 21, 2019

In 2012 we sailed a back to back cruise of the Scandinavian countries on Princess. I am disabled with numerous disabilities. During the day at sea, I had to visit the doctor because of chest pains, my angina was acting up, but I was not sure it was only angina. Made it through the day. During the day I went through the charges, and had questions. Did not act on seeking the answers immediately. At midnight I woke from laying flat with chest pains, went to sick bay, and rang the intercom, and the crew member told me that I had to wait until morning. I was not given any consideration for my chest pains, most likely because I answered the sickbay crew members question concerning how bad the pain, that it may be angina.

I then went to the front desk. Requested to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor refused to acknowledge me, saying to the desk clerk that I would have to wait for morning. I was upset with the supervisor refusal to speak with me. To end the story, the manager of the front desk wrote a report that was filled with lies. This was the time that Carnival was taking over and every manager of various departments were unsure of their jobs and how the work environment would be. Looking at various reviews, Princess is clearly not Carnival's love child and all management personnel reflect poor moral.

Original review: June 9, 2019

All disembarkments were unorganized. Very chaotic, food is for Asian people or Arabs. Not much American food, food service staff for drinks horrible. Room staff great. Went to Alaska for 7 days from Seattle to Juneau to Skagway to Ketchikan inside passage. Views unbelievable. Prettiest part of the 49 states I have seen.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Very good check in, embarkation and disembarkation procedures followed. Room sizes and layout great. Staff vets polite and efficient. The following points are a rip off:

1. All beverages including water have to be bought. Water is offered in glasses during meals and fruit juices (for breakfast) and iced tea (for lunch and dinner) in the dining areas. Water for the rooms have to be bought at $3.95 + 18% GST per litre!
2. When you are sold a soda and beverage package at $7.99 per day (compulsory for 11 days), you are told that it is unlimited but then when you try to get drinks you are told that you can only get 1 drink at a time, you cannot get water and you cannot get it in room service!

3. If you read the small print properly, you can see that we should add a separate gratuity to each cheque. Then my question is why are they charging us $13.5 to $15 per person per day as compulsory gratuity? Where is that money going?

Original review: June 6, 2019

Several concerns about this cruise and their staff. The Princess Cruises staff placed in each cabin a flyer stating that for $7 per person per day, you may purchase soft drinks, juices, etc. package. I went tonight to buy it for my 3 kids. I was told that, "Starting today, it is $9.99 + tax per person per day." I showed them their Princess Cruises ship paper that stated it was $7 per day per person. THEY ARE REFUSING TO HONOR THEIR FLYER!! I have spoken with 2 staff, 1 jr supervisor, and 1 manager. They are not willing to budge. They even said other passengers are upset about this as well. That's about $251.79 for kids drinks and they do not drink sodas, only juice. We are now in the process of demanding a refund for this blatantly obvious bait and switch. The $2 per person per day variance isn't a wallet breaker, it is strictly THE VIOLATION OF THE PRINCIPLE that Princess Cruises Lines NOT honoring their own paperwork/flyers.

Second, no employee we've seen to date smiles or seems happy. On Disney Cruise, everyone we encountered smiles and communicates very well. Not on this Princess Cruises Line. I am saddened and dismayed by the poor treatment received by staff and management. Third: The food doesn't taste fresh at any of the meals to date. Very disappointed.

Original review: April 27, 2019

We sailed on the Royal Princess on February 2nd to 21st, 2019. Further to the complaint by Mark from Canada on February 21st, the ship was late leaving Montevideo due to two non North American passengers not having the correct travel documents to enter Buenos Aires. As a result, the ship was 9 hours late in docking & we missed our flight to Iguazu Falls and had to re-book. We had trip interruption insurance, but our claim was denied as the letter we received from Princess while onboard indicated that we were late due to “port congestion” which is not an insurable reason.

When we contacted Princess Customer Relations (3 different times) to receive a letter for the real reason for the ship delay, they have washed their hands and will NOT issue an updated letter. We are at a loss as to what to do next because we cannot appeal the insurance claim unless we have a letter outlining the real reason for the delay. If Princess had checked the travel documents of the non North American passengers when boarding in Fort Lauderdale, this would not have been an issue. Any suggestions?

Princess Cruises expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Princess Cruises is a premier cruise line that began with a single ship sailing to Mexico. The cruise line now has a fleet of ships that transport over one million guests each year.

• Gourmet cuisine and specialty restaurants: Food on the ship is hand-prepared freshly throughout the day.

• Nightlife options: Nightlife options range from watching movies and theater productions to dancing, singing karaoke and attending parties.

• Spa treatments: The on board spa offers guests the chance to relax and be pampered with facials, massages, acupuncture, Botox and full-body therapy.

• Shopping opportunities: In addition to opportunities to shop at ports of call, cruise guests can shop on board in the boutiques and attend art auctions.

• Stay in shape: A meditation room, on board gym, jogging track and Zumba classes are available for fitness-inspired guests.

• Best for: The Princess Cruises are best for couples and adults seeking new adventures in exotic locations.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs