Prime Time Shuttle

Los Angeles, CA

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

STOP THIEVES. I had a shuttle collection arranged to take me to LAX for a flight. At 40 mins late and after being told for the second time it was 10 minutes away I couldn't wait any longer and had to hail a cab to take me incurring significant expense. Unsurprisingly there has been very little response to my emails to customer services with no sign of a refund.

PRIME TIME SHUTTLE FOR LAX DEPARTURE'S GONE TOTALLY CORRUPT AND INSANE. Mercifully, I brought ** to sleep on the flight LAX to Bangkok because I was going to need THREE PILLS before it was all over waiting for PRIME TIME SHUTTLE outside my apartment in Los Angeles. On November 14, 2016, at 9 a.m., Tuesday I made an reservation to be picked up the next day, Wednesday, at 6:30 p.m., for an international flight to Bangkok. I received a internet confirmation that same day.

I was ready for the pickup and transport to LAX at 6:30 p.m. on the 15th as clearly stipulated in the PRIME TIME LAX SHUTTLE email confirmation. By 6:50 p.m., waiting outside with my luggage, no PRIME TIME airport shuttle had arrived (AND THEY WEREN'T EVEN COMING!!!). With an international flight you are supposed to arrive at least 3 hours in advance.

So, I called PRIME TIME up, in extremis, and was calmly told that I, of all people, had canceled the pickup!!! I told the rude customer service operator that I did no such thing, and had no motivation to miss my international flight, as precious time to get to LAX was ticking away. I literally begged for them to call me a cab SINCE I HAD NO PHONE BOOK. The sadistic customer service agent said that was against company policy!!! To make a long story short, my neighbor miraculously drove up into the parking lot, and seeing me with luggage, in such distress, and knowing that I was surely going to miss my flight... IN MY DARKEST HOUR... drove me to LAX!!! We're running like in an unending nightmare. I BARELY CAUGHT MY FLIGHT!

Do not, I REPEAT, do NOT use this company. We had prepaid reservations and waited 2 hours for a pickup! They kept telling us it was on the way and we kept checking back to be told it was on its way. Then they said "Oh they didn't see your reservation. We are so sorry and will send you a private SUV." The private SUV came 1/2 an hour later and it turned out to be a van with other customers. Private NOT! Driver was rude and on the phone the whole time! We had a two year old with us and he didn't even wait for us to get the car seat in before driving. Worst experience ever! Stay clear of this company at all costs!

My wife and I had prepaid reservation for a trip from TO PLACENTIA CITY, WHERE WE LIVE. After claiming our luggage, we reported to the Prime Time Stand at about 4:23 P.M. The agent, Youssaf was loud, parroting the same unhelpful answer to all passengers: "It may take half hour or less, or more!" When our shuttle came the driver wanted extra money for the carry-on bag (one each for me and my wife) although it conformed to the limits disclosed by the Prime Shuttle company. I tried to argue in vain, because the agent, instead of supporting the customer on a cause that was right, asked me to negotiate with the driver. Not wanting to prolong our agony (13 hours of exhausting journey from Hongkong to LAX), I settled for a payment of $10. The driver had loaded the luggage and was visibly upset when I asked him his name. He immediately unloaded the luggage and drove off.

When I asked the agent to intervene, he merely said, "You want to deal with the company directly?" or words to the effect. Two more Shuttles came but did not stop. Ultimately, I called "MERA" and "CHRIS" at the customer service, asked CHRIS to charge $10 to my credit card, and asked her to reflect this transaction in her confirmatory email to me. She did not do this. My Reservation No. **, and the license no of the driver who did not take me but unloaded the luggage is **. Without bothering even to verify the dimension of our two carry-on pieces, MERA shouted back, "That has already been settled. You need to pay extra for your baggage", or words to that effect. What kind of service is this? Finally, I was dropped home at 8 P.M. The reason for this review is to alert the management to the rude and inefficient business ethics of the staff and also warn future travelers against hasty booking without verifying all of the disclosures of the company.

Do not use this company. This company, Shuttle2LAX.com is Prime Time Shuttle's way of hiding behind a different name. If you make the mistake of using them and are at LAX, you'll find this company's tiny little podium stand outside the baggage claim area operating as Prime Time Shuttle. The bottom line is that I booked to and from trips from L.A. to Sacramento. Someone in their personal vehicle picked me up to take me to LAX. When I returned to LAX at night, I spent over an hour trying to figure out where this company operates at the airport and looking at other ways to get home from there. Finally a driver pointed me to an obscure service desk where they told me how to find them.

I had a reserved time, already paid for, and they never delivered. The guy at the podium gave me a number to call and the woman said they had no intention of providing me a ride as they didn't have enough bodies lined up to make it worth their time. I paid $75 for a cab (with tip) to get home. I filed with the BBB and Prime Time did nothing. I filed with the Public Utilities Commission who almost did nothing as well. However, I used my complaint with them as leverage and got reimbursed for the cab. However, it's the reckless way Shuttle2LAX does business. Leaving people stranded at the airport, at night. The more vulnerable population could be greatly affected by this reckless practice. And, the Public Utilities Commission has a million excuses as to why they won't look into it. So, please don't use this company. There are other options, and make sure you check them out closely.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prime Time Shuttle?

I had to contact customer service this time for reservations. Gave the lady my credit information and had my reservations. Got to LAX Airport and discovered my last name was misspelled but got my reservation with my card. My credit card company notified me of some charges that I did not make. Come to find out an account was opened online and with my misspelled name they used my credit card to rack up 300 dollars in merchandise. Prime Time has not returned any of my 20 messages I have left for them. This company is a FRAUD.

I reserved a shuttle to and from the airport for my wife and son. On the way to the airport, the driver had trouble staying in his own lane (early AM). As for the ride home, they were over 2 hours late picking them up. I have concerns about Prime Time's safety and integrity. Would not recommend them.

Was given a 9:55 pick up time. Checked in. Was told 15 minute wait. After 30 minutes checked in again. They stated that LAX time don't mean anything. The driver was rude to other passengers. When one stated where she was going he said "if I wanted to know I would have asked."

We book shuttle service to Airport and we were stranded for Three Hours at LAX Airport! We paid and Book 5 weeks Ago! Why this company doing Business! False promises! Take money in advance and our valuable time! Moments! Tired flying 11 hours + wait another three hours! And we call police! The Supervisor so rude! On the top! Please do not use above these services and file the complaint with Los Angeles City to remove them to do Business at LAX Airport. Do not use them! The worst ever experience in my life! Do not use Prime Time Shuttle at all! Uber gave me service in 5 minutes!

If I could give 0 stars I would. I had a 1:35 reservation. It's 3:15pm and I am still at the airport waiting for my car service. They keep saying they are out of cars - here they have picked up walk ups. They were 20 minutes late picking me up to come to airport, now even later taking me back. I have no confidence in them. When I talked to scheduled she told me to cancel the reservation. How am I supposed to get a last minute ride? Get a taxi & pay triple the amount? They refuse to pay for or provide an alternate ride.

I was stranded at LAX at 1:00 AM even though I had paid months in advance for private sedan service. No one at the company cared, and after waiting and calling for two hours, they just said to find "alternate transportation" to get home. It was said so casually that I had the feeling they do this to people all of the time. I guess it's nothing new for them. I wish I had read the reviews here before from those who shared the same experience, being stranded with no way to get home and no refund being given. Customer "service" on the phone is useless. Supervisors are never there, but they probably wouldn't care if they WERE to actually come to the phone. I use the word "service" although it in no way resembles any type of actual service. I don't understand how such an unethical company can still be in business. They don't care at all what happens to their customers. Who knows what could have happened to a woman in Los Angeles at 1:00 AM!!!

Last month/ 28 Mar approx. 7:15PM in front of Delta terminal 5 international arrivals I had approached Super Shuttle first and I was told the wait time was approx. 20 min. When I inquired with Prime Time the male attendant told me 15 - 30 min but I decided to go with Prime Time. It was cold and windy and I waited 1 hr! Every time I would ask how much longer he would say "any minute!" The lady on the same van also waiting said she had waited 80 min! The van that picked us up was 844 operated by an African American driver. Instead of checking if the van was full she continued to stop and pick up other passengers and put their luggage in the van before checking to see if there were any empty seats and then having to remove it when she finally realized there wasn't one seat to be had. I was the 3rd drop off. I had 2 $20's and the booking agent at LAX told me the price was $27.

I asked her for $10 back giving her a tip of $3 for just pulling my bags out and leaving them on the street! She comes back with $7 and tells me she has no change. When I said I then wished to pay with a credit card she claimed she did not have a machine?!!! Since when does a shuttle company operate without a credit card machine?? She left me on the street saying, "I'll email you the $3!" I just took Super Shuttle yesterday also from the same Delta terminal 5 location and was charged $25 to the same address ** Mariposa Ave. and waited under 15 min. And the driver brought my luggage all the way to my front steps! I always have used Prime Time but will never use you again based on van 844's insolent and rude attitude! I am in marketing and sales and word of mouth is a strong sell and I've already told many of my airline coworkers the disservice I received. I also called it in and spoke to a Chris this past Friday.

We pre-paid and booked an exclusive shuttle for 11:40 AM, 29 March 2016. We were a party of three with 3 medium-sized suitcases, one box and my husband's mobility scooter. The reason we booked and paid for an exclusive van is because of my husband's handicap and so we wanted to go straight home instead of having to do a circuitous route. Our flight was several minutes late and we got to the Prime Time Shuttle dispatcher at 12:15 PM instead. It seems that they do not honour the appointed time but service you on a first-come-first-serve basis. The Prime Time Shuttle dispatcher told us that because of the traffic, there would be a delay of 20-30 minutes. Well, we waited for more than an hour.

To make matters worse, the driver did not want to take on my husband's mobility scooter and claimed that he was not informed that he was taking on a handicap. He wanted us to unload all our baggage and scooter but the dispatcher prevailed on him. It was an ugly scene at the curb side and we had to go through this after an exhausting 14-hour plane ride. I will never take this shuttle service again and I advise others to stay away from them.

In December 2015 I had a trip booked (and prepaid including tip) from The Roosevelt Hotel to LAX. And like so many others, my shuttle failed to turn up, leaving me to catch a taxi at a cost of US$65. After weeks of emails, I was finally promised an Amex card to the value of the taxi fare (not before having to forward proof of the cost). Needless to say, the Amex card never eventuated and all correspondence from me to Prime Time requesting an update has been ignored. This company rates up with the very worst I have ever dealt with in my travels – and I've been to all 7 continents, so that's quite an accomplishment, but not one in which they can be proud. They do not even deserve the single star rating I've been required to give them.

On Thurs 02/11/16 I arrived at international Lax, had delay flight, so went to the prime time shuttle counter at gate B around 10:45. A lady named Yolanda set me in a prime time red van. The driver, an African American oversized woman dropped me off around 11:45 at the west gate of where I live **. Coincidentally another resident arrived behind the van. The driver jumped in the van and without charging me drove off before unloading my luggage from the trunk of the van. I yelled begging to give my luggage but driver speeded up and drove off.

The other resident witnessed everything. At the same time I was on the phone with prime time shuttle customer service Ms ** to double check if I had a pre reservation or not, so she heard the story too. She connected me to the supervisor Christine, so the other resident and myself told her the story. I called 911, officer T. ** #** came over. Officer said he spoke to the supervisor Christine and if I wouldn't hear from prime time shuttle till the following day, I should inform him.

At that time I didn't know the van's #. The following day I drove to airport with a Private investigator and found the lady who put me in that van at gate 3 around 6:20. She instantly remembered me and made me a prime time card with her name Yolanda and van #844 on it. She said she forgot to give me a card the night before! Yolanda called her manager, they knew what happened and knew the driver who denied my luggage in the trunk of the van. On Sat 02/13/16, not hearing from anybody from prime time, I filed the incident at the Orange police station, as officer ** told me. Police has asked a copy of our surveillance camera at the west gate from our leasing office.

I have non replaceable, priceless and memorable stuff in my grayish silver large samsonite. Such as childhood pictures and video of my kids, ancient books from my father's library, my paintings, my blood pressure medicine, valuable gifts, valuable personal belongings and many more. To my understanding this is a criminal stealing, and yet the driver is out there driving other passengers and probably stealing. Please help me find my luggage and punish the driver. I have complaint against Prime Time Shuttle for not replying to my emails, voicemails, and not paying attention to this horrible incident.

NEVER, EVER USE THIS COMPANY! If there was a lower rating I'd choose it! We have been using this company for more than 3 years and if I had my way we would have stopped after our first trip. They consistently changed reservations without customer approval (i.e.- we were flying out of LAX, live 1 hour plus away and had to check in our dog to cargo so our reservation reflected that time needed. Plus, I suffer severe flight anxiety and the extra time helps me prepare. However, they felt the time was excessive so they pushed it back by an hour and a half and never told us!)

That was a terrible experience but last night threw it over the top. Our Delta flight arrived a half an hour late so our 10pm pickup should have been altered to about 10:30pm. At 11:45pm we were told that there were no shuttles available and we would be refunded our payment. That's it. Stranded. No attempt to help us find a way home, pick up our pup at Delta cargo, which was also part of our reservation. The 'attendant', if she deserves that title, simply said "there weren't any shuttles and your money is being refunded." When we stated about already paying for a set reservation she states "you didn't pay me you paid the company" and left. Just left!

Now it's 12am. We have 6 huge bags, 3 passengers, and a pup still waiting at Delta Cargo, and NO WAY HOME! We call the reservation manager, Ken, that the attendant so helpfully gave us the number to and were told that they overbooked and the only option they had was to refund our money and there was nothing they can do. Period. End of story. Are you kidding me? To top this all off they have a slogan printed on the sides of every van stating 'On time or you don't pay'. When this was pointed out to the manager he stated that it doesn't apply to airport pickups but only to residential. Nowhere on the vans does it state that. NEVER, EVER USE THIS COMPANY! Horrible transit, horrible customer service, horrible, horrible, horrible!

First incident happened on May 28, 2015. I was asking for receipt of the $30 extra and unfortunately the driver Victor with van no. 845 told me to call office which I did but keep on sending me 3 the original with $48 not the extra $30 paid. The first van assigned was 838 which the Asian driver was rude and charging us extra again as the reservation was placed going to Alhambra instead of Rosemead. That's the one I corrected right after the reservation as I saw Alhambra. After arrival, went to kiosk with no attendant in there and have to wait 20-30 minutes. Arrived at the kiosk at around 8:10 pm. Was waiting for several minutes and to sum it up, we arrived home 5 hours after 16 hours flight. Tired and exhausted.

Recent Incident happened last 12/16/15. Unfortunately, my niece booked us ahead before consulting us. She was not aware that it was the same shuttle company that gave us problem from the previous worst experience we had. Already added the tip. We were picked up on time with a big black driver with van #837 who took time to open the back door of the van and did not even assist us with our luggages so. The worst part is he was acting as a custom personnel and several times asking us what was the content of our luggages. I keep on repeating the content of the luggages but he did not believe us. I think he was not trained to be sensitive with other culture or nationality.

After our place he picked up another passenger, who happened to be the same color as his. He was fast in opening the doors and carrying her luggages. When we arrived in the airport, he did not even lift a finger to assist with our luggages. THOUGHT THAT BLACK PEOPLE ARE THE ONE BEING DISCRIMINATED. THIS ONE IS A BIG TIME RACIST AND LAZY. Wish my nephew did not give the tip ahead. Even a cent he is not worth it.

3 hour wait at LAX, no customer service, paid in advance and had to hire another shuttle to get me home at 3 a.m. NEVER ever use PRIME TIME. They are the by far the worst ever. Call their customer service - they put you on hold and eventually hang up on you... Still no refund... Also take a look at the vans they have, they must drive them in the destruction derby. Absolutely horrible company.

We booked Prime Time Shuttle to send a van for four people from San Pedro Cruise Ship Marina to LAX. It was to be a private booking. The private van never showed. A shuttle van arrived and proceeded to pick up other passengers. We had a very tight schedule to make our flight. They were slow in loading the people and then slow in leaving for the airport. We paid for private pickup and I'm sure the other passengers didn't pay as much as we did. We did make our flight but we experienced a lot of anxiety. Would not recommend their service. We would have been better to take a cab. Not happy.

I booked Prime Shuttle to LAX scheduled to come at 7:50 am. At 6:20 in the morning they sent a message rescheduling the time to 8:05 am. I waited 'til 8:20 and then booked an Uber. Prime shuttle driver finally turned up at 8.30 am right when the Uber also arrived. He casually told me to cancel the Uber!! I took the Uber anyways since cancellation charges apply. Afterwards I called Prime Shuttle Customer Care. They were very rude and wasn't apologetic at all!

I pre-booked a shuttle only to find the walk ups got priority. I waited an hour whilst the vans were filled with walk ups paying in cash. Don't pre pay this mob. Their representative at terminal 4 said they were hopeless and he could do nothing to help. He was right about them being hopeless. For the pick up from the hotel they sent an email to say the pick up time was going to be later than agreed. I said, "Forget it, I have no confidence in your service." They said thanks but we will keep your money as the fine print say we can change the pick up time at our discretion... sorry if you miss your flight!

We paid $30 to be pick up from the Roosevelt by Prime Time Shuttle Los Angeles with the destination LAX Airport. We waited 45 minutes. The bus simply didn't show up. We had to take a cab to the airport and paid $75 for it. We asked Prime Time Shuttle for a refund of $30 which was rejected by them. Prime Time Shuttle claimed that the bus was waiting for us at the Roosevelt for 25 minutes. This was not the case. The Roosevelt has valet service - nobody waits there. I have all the Emails of the case - Payment details: My credit card got charged by Prime Time Shuttle on the 15th of July with the amount of $60 for 4 fares. Prime Time shuttle supplied us only with 2 fares. They owe me $30.

We had a long day of flights. We decided to get a shuttle before we got in. We were landing at 9. Shuttle confirmation said shuttle arrival time 940pm. That was fine. We waited and waited. 1020 I asked and was told that we had no van assigned to us. I messaged the Prime Time. They said "ask the worker" - resent a message saying he knew nothing. Waited and waited. Found out there was a guy waiting over 2 hrs. What is the point of giving us a time, if it's not coming at the time given. We were in a van at 1044pm, I guess we should be happy it wasn't 2 hrs later. Never going to use them again.

Do not use Prime Time Shuttle Service. I have a pickup scheduled to take me and my wife to LAX. The shuttle pickup time was 3:15AM. At 3:35 I attempted to contact Prime Time and stayed on hold. I attempted to text someone using a link provided by Prime Time. A few minutes later I received a call and was asked "is your driver there?" I said, "no." The person on the phone said "We are not able to reach the driver so you need to call a cab. We will reimburse you for the additional cost." I fortunately have an Uber account and they showed up in 7 minutes and 3:45AM.

I will never use Prime Time again. If you are looking for good customer service and on time service, you will not get it from Prime Time Shuttle. I did call customer service and shared my story. The customer service rep had no empathy for the situation, did not express any concern for me being an unhappy customer. My opinion, which is based on my experience, is that Prime Time Shuttle does not care about their customers.

I booked two separate rides from Anaheim to LAX. I had to cancel for personal reasons. Each trip was 15 dollars. I was only refunded 11 dollars. This business refuses to answer my emails and requests for the remainder of my money back. They don't warn you of cancellation fees until after booking. DON'T BOOK WITH THEM.

We have body shop that serviced a Prime Time Shuttle Van. They paid me with a check. I trusted the name brand and accepted the check. The same day they placed a stop placement on the check and said they would not pay me because the employee who worked for them resigned and owed them money. Does not make sense, right? Now they refuse to speak to me or cover the expenses. We are a small business owner and spent a great deal of time fixing the van. They do not answer my phone calls and when I visit the corporate office they refuse to see me. Do not trust them or do business with them.

My reservation was for August 1st at 7:05, but my van came at 8:30 only after I made numerous calls. Then in that van the driver ask why I was upset and I started to tell him and he told me "enough talk, shut up or get out of my van" so I told him to let us out! We then were told a van was on its way and when the van came the coordinator was told to wave it on. So again I called and finally the dispatcher sent a UBER car, now it is 9:30. We got home at 11:00, two and a half hours after we had expected to be home (expected to be home by at least 8:30). Does this sound unreasonable to you, cause it sure does to me. I am sending this email because of course I can't get anybody to call me back. What kind of company are you running?

My reservation number was ** and I would really like a refund of $57.80. Oh yeah at 5:35 pm on August 1st I got a text saying, "your sedan2LAX driver is onsite. Your drivers mobile # is **. Please call when you are ready for pickup." LOL. For some reason I don't really expect any reply from a company that doesn't return calls but I had to give it a try. It sucks to be at the mercy of a company that is run so badly. Stranded at a airport is no fun.

I called Prime Time Shuttle to pick me up and taken to the Burbank airport. They called at 1:35 AM to say they would arrive earlier than the time they said. I was all packed and at 3:15 AM I went outside with my luggage and waited. 30 minutes went by no shuttle. I called and she put me on hold for 15 minutes and proceeded to say she couldn't get in touch with driver. I would have call a cab. The shuttle was paid for the shuttle on my credit card. She said get a receipt from the cab driver, mail it into us and we will refund your money. The cab was $64.00. Yeah right!! This place should not even be in business at all!!!

I too had a bad experience with Prime Time Shuttle at LAX. I was scheduled for a 5:45 AM pickup from my hotel (Hollywood) for transport to LAX. At 3:00 AM (~3 hours before the pickup), Prime Time called to inform me that my shuttle had been cancelled. Due to the short notice, I was forced to take a taxi costing me an additional $50.00. I find it ironic that Prime Time will charge your credit card the trip fee ($30.00 in this case) if you cancel within six hours, but Prime Time can cancel, anytime, without penalty. I will be using another shuttle service in the future. I will also inform my company’s travel agent to steer clear of Prime Time. BTW, I did call Prime Time to complain and was put hold for an extended period of time. Prime Time NEVER again.

I arrived at the pick up location after a 5 hr flight only to be told I wouldn't be put on the list until I had luggage from the carousel. I explained that other members of my party were getting the luggage and I'm trying to streamline the process by getting on the list while the other party gets the luggage. 2 other parties were put on the list and picked up while I stood there. I asked for a supervisor after waiting another 30 min after my other party arrived. The shuttle arrived after I waited for 45 min. I explained to the driver that I was waiting for the supervisor and he didn't care. He yelled, "I'm an independent contractor and I have other paying customers waiting to be picked up." He proceeded to tell (yelling) my parties to get off the shuttle and take their luggage off the shuttle.

I've NEVER been tested so rudely before in my life. To have a person speak to me as if they were speaking to a dog is unacceptable. I will never ride with Prime Time shuttle again. The driver was texting while driving, and was driving erratically.

Prime Time Shuttle Company Profile