1.10/5
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings

Los Angeles, CA

90 Prime Time Shuttle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

On June 27th I paid for round trip pick up to LAX. Driver showed up on time. July 10th, flight was over an hr late. I was traveling w/ 2 small children. I called & was told they were there on time but we were not outside, of course our flight was late, they didn't care, spoke to a supervisor who didn't care either. I had to call a relative from far away to pick us up. They wouldn't refund my money which I paid extra for the late flight. I was told by the supervisor, there was nothing I can do about it. I WILL NEVER HIRE THEM AGAIN, AND WILL MAKE SURE EVERYONE I KNOW DOESN'T EITHER.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I ordered a car to pick me up from LAX and a shuttle to drop me off again at LAX. The car showed up 90 mins late and the driver kept telling me he was close so I just stood there outside, the shuttle service canceled 45 minutes before pick up because they didn't have a driver! Communication, customer service and drivers do not know how to do a good job.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I was scheduled to be picked up at John Wayne Airport on 7/30 after arriving from a flight from the East Coast. After arriving, I logged on to Prime Time Shuttle's app to let them know I was ready for pick up at the designated airport transportation area. That is when the clown show began. After numerous calls I finally ended up taking a cab to get home. I will never use them again.

Original review: July 27, 2018

We made a reservation for Feb. 13 for a pickup from Orange County to LAX. We cancelled this reservation on Feb. 4. Cancellation was confirmed with the 4.00$ cancellation fee. However, the refund of more than $80.00 has never been received. As of today we still receive the same email responses. We continue to received emails basically repeating the same apologies and will refund in 5-7 business days. The sound in the messages seem to be robotic. Do they have a cash flow problem? They will go out of business, claim bankruptcy, no one will be refunded their money.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My driver never showed up for pickup after my plane was delayed. Arrive after midnight. Got the complete runaround from customer service operators at Prime Time Shuttle. Asked for refund and was told that I would receive credit back to card. This happened back in March of 2018. It is now July and I have still not received a refund. My emails and calls go unresolved. Beware of this shuttle service. Bad business practices and they really don't seem to care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prime Time Shuttle?

Original review: June 28, 2018

So from the reviews, it seems like I will never get back my refund. They cancelled my trip from LAX to the house I’m staying at Glendale, Ca. It was cancelled after more than 2 hours of waiting and with unpleasant people to talk to at their customer service! This happened last May 30, 2018... I’ve been following up my refund and as expected, no apologies or whatsoever from them... It’s almost the end of June and still has not credited back my refund to my debit card. Their business is still running because of the people hoping to get cheaper ride - and they would claim technical problems at the last minute... and would not pay back refunds. I hope this gets to the right authority.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We booked and paid $94.95 for an Exclusive 7 Passenger Van with Prime Time Shuttle via the internet for transport LAX to an address in Anaheim well before our date of travel. We were a family of 4 adults and 2 children. On Saturday 24th March 2018 we arrived at LAX and as a courtesy, rang Prime Time to advise of our safe arrival. They informed us that our shuttle was not available due to a mishap on the freeway and that we would have to make our own arrangements, they said they had sent an email advising same. We have never received this email.

We had to hire 2 taxis to get us to our destination (cost $200) and then rang them to discuss a refund for services paid for but not delivered. We were advised that a refund would be forthcoming in the next 5 days but there could be a delay of up to 14 days due to banking procedures. Almost 3 months later we are still waiting on our refund. Numerous contacts to them from us by phone call, email and online chats have so far produced only excuses, apologies and assurances that the refund is on its way. Having just read some previous reviews on this site it seems that this is not an isolated occurrence but a consistent way of doing business. How do they get away with it? Please be advised. Do not book with this company unless you are prepared to be left stranded and ripped off.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I reserved a Shuttle on May 02, 2018 and literally 2 hours later I cancelled it!!! I am to date June 01, 2018 still trying to get my refund of $113!!! I did NOT use their services and I can’t believe I’m still trying to have them refund my money! The customer service is sadly useless and I can’t understand them, all of them are from another country! My next step is to file a police report... DO NOT USE PRIME TIME SHUTTLE. They are a scam and/or a fraud!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Booked and paid for a round trip ride from my home in Los Angeles, CA to and from LAX Airport, about 15 minutes from my home. Going to the airport was fine, but returning home was a problem. I called as soon as I arrived, and was told that a shuttle was on its way. Called back 4 times a total of over 4 hours, each time. Received a text that a shuttle was on its way, and was finally told that no one could pick me up, and that I would have to find another way home. I've tried to call to request a refund, and each time they hang up. I've left a number for a callback, and never received a callback.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I understand that as consumers we bear some responsibility for choices we make - The reviews on this site and many others are repetitive - Over and over this company takes the consumers' reservation and fees KNOWING they are not going to show up!!! Consumers are left standing at the gate thinking PRIME is going to pick them up - THEY ARE ALWAYS A NO SHOW - HOW IS IT THEY STAY IN BUSINESS! How are people not familiar with reading the reviews before selecting an airport shuttle service supposed to know this is a VERY CROOKED COMPANY - They will take your money then leave you stranded, over and over and over again. WHO must one contact to report this offense? The District Attorney in Los Angeles? WHO?

Original review: May 6, 2018

On 4/1/18 our international flight of 13 hours arrived at LAX 9:45 am. Check-in at Prime Time kiosk around 10:07 am and was told the van will be coming shortly. We are both seniors and very tired of the long flight. I kept checking with the attendant and he keep saying it's coming. After more than 2 ½ hours the attendant informed us there is no van available to pick us up. He told us to cancel our reservation and find a ride home ourselves. Could not afford to take a taxi. We waited another 3 hours for someone to pick us up. I called the office the next day and I was told it will take 3-5 business days to get the refund. I made 4 follow ups and been told being processed/pending. After 23 business days still no refund. Hoping to get the refund of $123.60 soon. The worst shuttle service and will not use it again or recommend to anyone.

Original review: April 25, 2018

When I arrived at the airport I received a voicemail that my driver for pick up could not make it and I should make other arrangements to go home. My only alternative was to take a cab. I was told I would be issued a refund. When I asked for the difference in price for the cab fare I was told "that's not our policy". Also the refund would take 2 weeks because "that's our accounting system". No problem taking my money even before the ride date but to get it back takes an antiquated system. Talking to customer service is like talking to a robot; "I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do" is their mantra. I was told by the cab driver that Primetime drivers often cancel if there is only one person scheduled for the van. If you are looking for reliability search elsewhere.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Worst shuttle service I ever dealt with. Visiting my family in California and needed ride from Newbury Park to LAX morning of December 26th. Made online reservation and paid with credit card on evening of December 25. Received 2 confirmations that I was scheduled and due for pick up early morning Dec 26. My husband and I, both senior citizens, up early and waiting for pick up...called after ride was 20 minutes late...could not believe we were casually told that our ride had been cancelled. No Notification day after Christmas, one of the busiest travel days of the year...left scrambling for alternate ride to airport. We're lucky enough to get an Uber driver who was available (at a higher price).

Prime Time thought everything was fine because they gave me a refund. I have been trying to get an additional refund (difference between their price and what I had to finally pay UBER). Their policy is supposed to also give that difference as a refund but here it is mid April and it is still "being processed." Their lack of notification and service was horrendous and put an undue amount of needless stress on 2 senior citizens at the holiday season. I would never recommend this ride service to anyone. Horrible horrible situation.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Waited 1:45 for Prime Time Shuttle. We had to be back at work, called several times. They promised a shuttle will pick us up in 15 mins. Never showed up. Late for work, vacation ended in a disaster. I give them 0.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I booked and prepaid my reservation for myself and my 2 small children. My flight arrived at 3:30 and I called immediately to notify that we had landed and would be ready by 3:45 (our reservation was for 3:55). After waiting for 45 min I called and they told me that driver was 20 minutes away. I was upset, my kids were exhausted from a transcontinental flight, but what could I do since I already paid for it? Well, 20 minutes went by and still no shuttle. I called multiple times and was repeatedly hung up on, put on hold for 30 minutes, and/or told that driver was “20 minutes away”. After three hours of waiting and dealing with this bs, I took a taxi home! It is now 7:04 and I am barely getting in a taxi... I have requested a refund and will be filing a police report for fraud. They took my money and left us stranded at the airport? This company should be out of business!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

On 3/30/18 Rep Nancy and Manager Karen were absolutely horrible. Our reservation was paid/guaranteed in full (almost $400) months in advance. Upon our reservation time they informed us that they didn't schedule our van to take us home from the airport. Left my family (including my 8 month old infant and 6 year child) stranded in the middle of the night at the airport 2 hours away from home, and exhausted after a 6-7 hour flight. Rep Nancy and Manager Karen both rudely told us we needed to find our own way home, no apology, no assistance to help us find a ride. They were rude, horrible service and basically said "too bad, oh well". They claim they will refund our money, however, that has yet to still happen.

I personally work in transportation and guest service as a supervisor and their performance was beyond unsatisfactory. This is a scamming company. You pay for services ahead of time and they do not uphold their end of the service, they just take your money. Something needs to be done about this company. We were forced to pay for a Lyft ride in order to safely get home costing us another $250. Both Karen and Nancy sighed in annoyance when speaking to me. I asked to be transferred to another party in their company and they placed me on hold for 30 minutes until I hung up to find my way home.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I cannot believe how horrible this company is! I booked my shuttle on March 11th for travel on March14th to be picked up at 7:40am and of course paid in full. The day before my pick up I received an email that I was going to be picked up at 7:20am. I called to confirm and they in fact changed my pickup to 7:20am. No Biggie! On the morning of my flight I received emails overnight as well as text messages that my pick up changed again to 7:50am. Once again, no biggie! I was packed, ready and waiting outside in my driveway by 7:50am. I waited and waited. By 8:20am I decided to call my driver. The driver’s phone number was sent to me on one of the text messages that sent to me. The driver proceeded to tell me that I was no longer on his list. I had no additional emails or text messages at this point. I hung up and called customer service. Customer service had me on hold for 5 minutes.

In that amount of time I had already got on the road to the airport. This was a flight I could miss being that it was chartered. The customer service rep finally came back on line saying she could not get a hold of dispatch. I told her I was already on my way to the airport and I needed my shuttle cancelled. She proceeded to tell me there would be a $4.00 charge. "OH, HELL NO!" I responded. I also told her I needed my returned shuttle cancelled and she responded with the same answer. That there would be a $4.00 charge. I'm sure you can imagine how I answered that one. I told her I needed to speak to a manager. Of course there was no one available and she would have one call me back. I couldn't speak to her anymore.

I finally arrived to my destination and 8 hours later still had not heard from a manager. So, I decided to call. They had me on hold for 50 minutes. I was calling from two different phone. Every time I would call they would hang up on me. They really know how to piss someone off! Finally, after being on hold for almost an hour I get a manager named Andy on the line. He said he would reverse the charges with no $4.00 service charge fee being taken out BUT I could not get reimbursed for 7-10 business days. OF COURSE! They take your money and do not deliver. The very next day I receive 2 emails stating 0 money charged back. Here I go again calling customer service. All of this on my trip. Someone reassured me that Andy reversed the charges and the money will be back into my account in 7-10 business days.

Fast forward to 8 days later. Still no money in my account! I called customer service to try and get a status on my refund. I was told once again, 7-10 business days to get a refund. But that they emailed accounting and they would receive a response from accounting in 3 business day. WTF! Three days later I call customer service again. I asked for Andy. I was told he wasn't available but they could take a message. They reassured me they would hand it to him personally. Well, 11 days later still no money and no phone call from Manager Andy!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I saw Prime Time's ad for pick up and delivery to LAX offering their services with customer service phone numbers to call if you are late arriving. Also, as part of the information they required was your flight number so they could monitor the flight. That's what I was told. We arrived late on January 8, 2018. By the time we got through customs it was 10:45 p.m. I kept calling the 310 and 800 numbers for pick up as the van was not there. I waited on hold for 15 minutes when their recording said my wait was less than 2 minutes, then left my name for a callback. No call came after 1.5 hours so I paid a cab almost $90.00 to take me home.

I called them for a refund and was promised a refund with 5 days. After 10 days and no refund I called back. I was then told that upper management decided not to refund my money because I didn't call them, which was untrue. On the night of my arrival, January 8, was the major rainstorm that caused the Montecito landslide. It was coming down in buckets. I had paid for the return trip home and had 2 phone numbers they had previously provided, and they are telling me I didn't call. So they never returned my payment. These people are not honest.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Paid for an exclusive Van, arrived at their spot in the curb 20 minutes earlier than my reservation time. I was checked in by their attendant at the curb, and he called their dispatch to confirm my reservation and our Van. He said the van was on its way. An hour later, I checked with the attendant and he said the Van was just stuck in traffic and it’s on its way. Two hours later I had to call customer service, they told me the same thing and confirmed with dispatch that the van was 30 minutes away. It was 9:30PM and we were standing and waiting for at least 2 hours already. We waited till 11:00PM, the attendant was no longer around and I called customer service. The lady on the helpline said that if I can wait another hour at least, a van might be available. She said there was no available van since 7:30PM (when I checked in), that can take me to my city.

And the helpline kept on blaming their dispatch. She can't even provide a solution or a workaround, or an explanation for what happened. I cancelled my reservation. They have lost a customer that night (8 if I counted the other customers beside me last night with the same problem). Making us wait for 4 hours in a cold night with our kids was horrible. Leaving us in the curb without even telling us what happened to our reservations was just plain stupid. Customer service giving us assurances that the van is coming and not informing us that the their vans couldn't make it to the airport after 3 hours just shows this company does not care about their customers. And by the way, they will need at least 7 business days to process the refund. And by the way, the traffic was very light around the airport that night. This is the worst shuttle service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I had a reservation to return from LAX and was left stranded at the airport. After many calls to Prime Time Shuttle I was told to find alternative transportation home because there was no van going to my home location. They told me I would be compensated for any alternative transportation I had to obtain. They lied to me, and was then told that I would only receive a credit for my original reservation. Prime Time screwed up and I had to pay for their error. I will never use their service again and will report them to the Better Business Bureau. I will also tell everyone not to use them.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I contracted with PTS to drive my Daughter from Azusa Pacific University to LAX for her flight home during her Christmas break and then a return Shuttle from LAX to APU. Upon her return the shuttle that picked her up she said was very sketchy and felt like it was going to break down at any minute and also the driver made her extremely nervous. Upon her return to LAX they kept her waiting for over 1 and a half hours before telling her they could not provide her the service back to her college. Several excuses were given, (overbooked, Too Busy, the van she was booked on just broke down, etc). Offered a refund but then she had to get a Lift back to her dorm at 3 times the price the shuttle was supposed to provide. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS with this company! This is ridiculous! I will be calling LAX and the state Attorney General to see if they can be banned from LAX property as well as sued for overbooking their crap service!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I had a reservation for pick-up at 8:15 AM on 1/01/18 at LAX. Called to check-in and was told the wait is 35 minutes. At 12:30 PM I was still waiting... called to complain and requested reimbursement.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

PRIME TIME SHUTTLE LEFT US SITTING ON THE SIDE OF THE CURB WONDERING IF WE WERE GOING TO BE ABLE TO MAKE OUR FLIGHT IN TIME!

********NOTE TO APPROVER: review already published in https://www.yelp.com/biz/prime-time-shuttle-los-angeles?hrid=iNg2EizMtXNl02ecKl0J3w&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)********

We placed and scheduled a pickup for our morning flight 5 days prior to our trip. We were told that someone would pick us up at 3:25am in our confirmation. We all had separate returning times so I called to confirm our pick-up time and see if we coordinate everything. We discussed logistics and everything seemed set. We received a call 4 hours before our pick-up time telling us that the pick-up time needed to be moved up to 3:05am.

We were standing in front of the house at 3:00am. 3:25am rolled around and I called to see what was going on and was THEN told that our shuttle would not be arriving because there was no shuttle available to pick us up. When I asked why were we not informed earlier he just told me we would need to find another form of transportation. He did not offer any solutions or credits or to pay for whatever RUSH transport we were going to have to find or for storing our vehicle for 2 weeks . NOTHING. He just kept repeating the shuttle was canceled. We literally were left stranded on the side of the road with no way to get to our flight that was over an hour and a half away and no compensation whatsoever.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I've made these reservation for my parents that was coming to visit me. First, they waited a whole hour at their house, but the van never showed up. Because of that they need to rush and find a way to get in time to the airport. Can you imagine two elders rushing? Second, when they got back to the airport, the person at the curb said that the service ends at 12 am, and that the reservation was made for the wrong date (08/24), and the correct should be 08/25. The reservation is correct.

My parents ended with red van shutter drive charging them US$90 just to get home. Now it's been more than 50 days to get a small refund, and all I get from them is, "Refund is already made in May": that was from the first leg, the "no show" episode. And what about the "service not allowed" episode? And the extortion by the driver that should have driven them without charging any extra? All I get is, "Wait, we will check". Never again will make business. Drivers don't show up and people behind the counter do the same job as the drivers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am a PTS customer for life! First, I called for a reservation terribly late! Was able to get a 4 am pick-up on time to LAX from the OC. Traveling to LAX in the dark, I couldn't locate keys, but thought I had put them in my suitcase. Arriving at Hawaiian Air I told the driver I hadn't found my keys but would check my suitcase when I had a chance. Went thru reservations and was about to go thru security when the driver tapped me on my shoulder. He had found my keys in his van and brought them to me! To do this, he had to drop off the two remaining van passengers, drive back to Hawaiian Air terminal, park, and find me before I went thru security! I couldn't believe what he had done and I told him so. I can't tell you how much I appreciate his effort... He really didn't have to go thru all that trouble just to return my keys, but he did. Service above and beyond the call of duty and I am now a PTS customer for life!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I will never travel with Prime Time Shuttle again. My pick-up time was moved to an earlier time several hours before pickup but with all the stops I barely made it in time to catch my flight. On the way home, there was no one at the pickup station in LAX, the driver was half an hour late, we drove around the airport for over half an hour, at one point the driver pulled over, got out, chatted with his buddies, went inside the airport, came out a bit later. He also switched drop offs, was extremely rude, threw my luggage around. I called customer service immediately when I got home, got someone who did not speak English and told me the only thing she could do was put a note in my file, that I'd need to email Prime Time Shuttle... There's customer service for you... I will NEVER travel with them again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Booked and paid for a round trip shuttle from San Bernardino to LAX. After flying out of LAX and on vacation WE WERE NOTIFIED that a conflict in PRIMETIME scheduling required we use an alternate shuttle which PRIMETIME will arrange for our pick up when returning. Primetime gave us the name and telephone number of the company.

Upon arrival no pick arrived and they would not answer their phone. So STRANDED with 7 people (3 and 5 yr old) at 11:30 pm. PRIMETIME is reckless and respects no contractual obligation. Their business license should be revoked. Slimy, dishonest, reckless. We are consulting a legal advice as to options available. DO NOT JEOPARDIZE your well being dealing with such unprofessional, dishonest and uncaring reckless third rate people.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Left my mother stranded at 6 am scrambling to find other transportation to the airport after receiving confirmation from them that they would be there the night before. They refunded her money for that leg of the trip and cancelled her reservation at 2 am. For the ride home we called to be sure she still had a reservation and they said they couldn't guarantee it.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I had a private van reserved for 6 from Huntington Beach to LAX. The trip to LAX was uneventful. The return trip was another story. I emailed Prime Time updating them about the one hour delay. Instead of arriving at 11:45 pm, it was going to be closer to 1 am. I received an email thanking me for the update telling me to rest assured that a van would be waiting at the new time. Upon arrival there was no van. The customer service number puts you on hold for about 15 minutes. Somebody finally calls back to tell me that there are no vans available. At that point they cancel my reservation and told me that I would be refunded. I was also advised to find alternate transportation home. So by now it's after 2 am, they wash their hands of it.

In my group my in laws are in their 80s. My kids are 11 and 13. They have been patiently waiting an hour for a van that had no intent on fulfilling their commitment. I managed to plead my case with a guy at SuperShuttle. Unlike Prime Time, the guys at SuperShuttle stepped up and delivered when I was desperate. Followup email from Prime Time after I emailed a complaint was as useless and dissatisfying as their performance the previous night. Unbelievable.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Booked with Prime Time Shuttle (on their website) for an airport picked up at 11 pm in LAX (this was for a pick-up last night). When we arrived we called immediately to inform Prime Time that we had arrived, but never spoke with a live person and could only leave a message. By 11:30 pm a shuttle finally came by and told us he was not our van but would inform dispatch that we arrived and are waiting. He gave dispatch our reservation and info, as well as another couple who had been waiting 30 minutes longer than us. He informed us someone would be coming by shortly. Midnight rolled past and still no shuttle, no contact, no phone call, and no e-mail.

We called multiple times and tried the Prime Time App but never was able to talk to a live person or get any info as to when we would be picked up. By this time Super Shuttle had picked up 4 loads of passengers at out terminal and we saw another half dozen Super Shuttle vans drive by; we had only seen one (1) Prime Time van drive by in that same time period. At 01:00 am we had enough and finally took a taxi home as Prime Time stranded us and never responded to our calls.

Finally at 02:47 am this morning we received an email from Prime Time cancelling our pick-up, which simply said this: "Your Prime Time Shuttle Reservation ** has been canceled by an Prime Time Shuttle admin. Credit has been refunded to your account. If this was done in error, please contact customer support (support@opoli.com)." REALLY! THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE TO SAY AFTER THEY LEFT ME, MY WIFE, AND MY 8 YEAR OLD STRANDED AT THE AIRPORT. ** THEM!

Prime Time Shuttle Company Information