Prestige Vacation Packages

Compare Travel Agencies

Research top Travel Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company needs to be shut down as soon as possible. They are a lying deceitful company that does not take no for an answer. They lied to me and said there would be no rental fee or lease on equipment, it was free! I signed the contract over the internet, I specifically looked for anywhere on the contract where there was an amount due for equipment and there was none when I got my first statement from them there was a $67 lease amount charged for equipment. When I called the company they said yes I had to pay a lease for equipment. When I went back and looked they had in very small print typed in the amount of $67 dollars. I believe they leave it blank and then when they get your signature they go back in and type the amount of the lease without your knowledge!

They are the WORST credit card company in the world to deal with, I have had one gentleman even hang up on me on two occasions, really professional service! Then the real kicker is I get telemarketing phone calls at least every other week asking if I want to sign up with Prestige! I just had a deposit that didn't correspond with what my batch print out said, so called their customer service and got Mr. Rude again and he said they took out $290 dollars for monies owed in February and March and said I was sent a letter saying they were due! Never received letter and what a deceitful company. No phone call, no email, nothing to signify to me that they were taking this money out of my account. Whatever you do don't sign up with this company! I looked at reviews when I signed up and didn't realize there are two Prestige Companies out there, one good and one horrible. Of course I ended up with the horrible one! They are out of Portland Oregon.

Prestige Vacations represent that a subscription buys 2 vacations over a 3 year period. You specify the preferred/expected locations. Prestige do not guarantee they can obtain any rooms in your preferred locations -- but this is only revealed when an attempt to book is made. We made 5 phone calls: all ended with a promise of a call back -- no calls were ever received. Your payment is non-refundable -- this is included in the original invoice issued on payment. The statement relates to the customer being unable to take the vacations...it is silent on Prestige Vacations being unable to provide rooms in the countries originally selected.

I purchased a package for 5 days 6 nights all inclusive for $435. However, when I went to book my vacation for 28 Feb thru 5 Mar I was told that this was Spring Break season and it will cost me another $199 (a 46% increase in cost). If you read the fine print in the contract they tell you that "Extra fees apply per resort during Holiday Seasons." The lady at reservations told me that Spring Break is defined from 1 Mar to 30 April, therefore the extra fee. My caution to anyone using this service is to be sure and understand what the inclusive dates (which could span two month periods) are for all the "Holiday Seasons" and what the extra Fees are going to be if you want to book during those periods (which are many throughout the year, i.e., Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, Easter, and July 4th). Although a bare minimum of this information is buried in the contract fine print it made me feel that I was hoodwinked to some degree. Buyer beware!

Bought into their concept and they have our money BUT we have nothing. For 4 weeks, we have been promised a confirmation number for our requested vacation. That's all we received, promises. We were told by Alex ** (supposed to be one of their top guys) to go ahead and book airfare twice, our confirmation was "pending." Nothing received. Money wasted. Don't buy into this sham. The only truth we received is that what we paid is non-refundable!

We bought a "promotional package deal" that would have "introduce" to "try" their service and resorts in 2008 and is good to be used for "six years." It included going to Florida, cruise to Mexico and one Caribbean island. We booked and used the Florida vacation but for the past year, I am trying to get in contact with this company to book the other vacations but there is no way to get in contact with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Prestige Vacation Packages?

After attending the January 2010 Rocky Mountain Bridal Show, I was contacted by American Prestige and was told that I had "won" a free trip to the Caribbean, and all we had to do was go to a 90 minute presentation on waterless cookware. Obviously it's, at best, a high-pressured sales pitch with strings attached, and at worse, a scam for low-income folks with little financial literacy. We do not plan to go.

For those of you out there contemplating purchasing such goods for purported health benefits, there is no credible research out there that your pans are going to harm you. If you are concerned, stainless steel, enameled iron, and copper options exist that are cheaper than this. Further, nobody should be in debt over pots and pans, regardless of how good the sales pitch is or the interest rate they tell you. I have little sympathy for people who signed up for a repayment plan they couldn't afford for pots unless they were truly lied to, or were given information in a language they didn't speak.

In that case, contact a lawyer. Many will do pro bono work. If you can't pay for it with cash, don't buy it. Further, if you can't say no to an intense sales pitch, do not attend a sales seminar! Stress from collection calls are more likely to kill you than some decent stainless steel pans from your nearest kitchen store. Nothing in life is free except for this advice: a fool and his money are easily parted.

My father bought five vacation packages in May '08. He used two and now that I have contacted them to use the other three, the company does not answer the phone messages nor the emails I have sent. I even sent a letter to the above mentioned address which was returned to me. They are nowhere to be found and they owe us three vacation packages. Please help! Do you know if they still exist?

Prestige Vacation Packages Company Profile