2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

oceaniacruises.com

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.22/5

Oceania Cruises Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2020

In the past I have been on Royal Caribbean Costa NCL Celebrity many times. We met a couple when we're in Italy last year and told us about Oceania. So we decided to book one and it was by far the best cruise. Cabins were spacious, itinerary was exactly what we wanted (European.) Food every night was 2 Michelin. The service was 5 star across the board.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Oceania is expensive, but I have never gotten sick on an Oceania cruise as they are so careful about who handles serving utensils at the buffet line. I have taken other cruises on Princess—got sick every time; the same with Celebrity. I keep going back to Oceania because their sanitation standards seem to be better than all the others.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2020

It was great way to see the view behind with this cruise company's ships! The price was comfortable and direction of cruise were really full with amazing views! Also I recommend its online websites. Works really fast and easy to booking!

Original review: March 27, 2020

The rooms were nice but only had a queen bed and the bathroom was a little tight, but overall how much time do you spend in your room. The ship had a very large library, on-board entertainment was first-class and the food in all of the dining locations was excellent.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Service has always been wonderful. Ratio of personnel to guests provides fast and efficient service. Food is excellent, tours as well. Another thing we like is dress is casual... Country club casual as they call it. No lugging of tuxedos or suits, etc... Looking forward to next cruise with them in January.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oceania Cruises?

Original review: April 28, 2020

Updated Review on 05/19/2020: To be honest - one star is too much. I have been arguing with this company for weeks now to refund my money. COVID-19 isn't their fault - but how they treat their customers is. We are due to return from our two expensive b2b 21 day Mediterranean cruises tomorrow (21.5.2020). They totally revised our itinerary on the 7th March and said the ship was still sailing. Answer by the 31st March they say. The itinerary wasn't what we paid for or even wanted to see, and the only options at the time were set sail or receive a FCC. But by the 31st March they had actually cancelled the two cruises. But they refuse to refund the money and only still give a FCC which has limitations, plus there is no cruise advertised with the same itinerary as we had chosen and let's face it - we are now asking ourselves will they still be in business by 2022?? Their customer satisfaction skills are certainly not a high priority.

Original Review: COVID-19 is not Oceania's fault - but how they treat their customers is - and the result is NOT good. They will only give a Future Cruise Credit and are refusing to give a refund on a cancelled cruise. ie: $27,000+ AUD (the fact that they even keep the whole 100% is ridiculous in itself). They have put their bank balance ahead of customer satisfaction.

**Oceania wanted us to take on a different itinerary by bribing us with an extra 25% to spend on a future cruise.
    ** To see ports that we weren't even interested in seeing;

** Some passengers are getting refunds/ some getting Future Cruise Credits - no consistency at all.

I have recently written to The Miami Herald where I have asked for a copy of a news article they apparently published earlier this year regarding 2 U.S. Senators warning Oceania to return money to people caught up in this Virus. I'm sure there are many others in this same situation, and if a class action against Oceania's behaviour is going ahead - we would be in. If you are thinking Oceania - Don't!!

Original review: April 12, 2020

I organized my ‘bucket list’ cruise; 3 weeks on the Marina departing 3/15-4/4/20 to Buenos Aires for family. Two cabins booked and paid for in August 2019. Paid extra for OLife and in order to fly nonstop, air deviation to come in a day early since overnight flights. Virus concerns came up late February but SA not affected. Next, virus concerns on all cruises and ships denied entry.

One of my passenger is international pilot and saw notice Argentina, Chile and other SA countries banning US entry. A blogger already on ship due to arrive posted they were told LIma denied entry to ship. No policy or official cancellation on our departure. March 7 we received email with Travel Assurance. No Cancellation Penalty for current and future bookings. I am 82 and very high risk and took advantage of the offer. The others still planned to go and 2 paid for an upgrade.

On March 10 with virus now affecting all cruises and news from the blogger that the ship had diverted, our travel agent started trying to get through to Oceania and cancelled. Oceania finally sent notice of cancellation policy. Our trip was to fly out 3/13. The lack of communication caused us financially I had paid for pet sitter, clothes bought, etc.) and emotional distress trying to make decisions (which were moot). Oceania tells my agent I forfeited 100% for cancelling and get no reimbursement. The other, 2 get 100% voucher since the deadline to request a cash refund had passed and 1 gets 150% (?).

We have received no written voucher or terms. All passengers on the advance manifest should get the same reimbursement. The date and time of cancellation varies for each person dependent on who knew what and when and to whom they spoke. A written voucher Is better than nothing but with the global situation (no fault of the industry) it is likely some lines will have to file for bankruptcy and you’re stuck with a worthless piece of paper. Why cause bad PR and turn people against your line when a consistent reimbursement is all we want?

Original review: April 1, 2020

Excellent service, food and itinerary. We especially appreciated the Internet services - always available and reliable. The entertainment was adequate, but not memorable. Overall, we would use this line again. We did not use cruise service for booking our excursions.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We booked a cruise for June 2020, with $8,000+ due in March, as the market was crashing and the world was shutting down. Oceania would not extend the due date of the final payment, so we had to cancel. To date, they have not waived the cancelation fee, keeping it as a credit. Really? Obviously, if we can afford the trip when all of this passes, we would take it. Otherwise, they are keeping our money under terrible circumstances. If they really cared about their clients, they would show it by returning all of our money, assuring our loyalty in the future. Instead, if we have to forfeit this cancelation fee, we will never book with them again. This behavior, taking advantage of people under the worst of times, is unconscionable.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Colleen **. Pensacola, FL. March 23, 2020. My husband, I and our long-time traveling companions booked an Oceania Mediterranean cruise in October 2018. The advance booking was in order to get the itinerary which the four of us wanted and we looked forward to the experience of a luxury cruise line. Our sail date is May 26, 2020 on Riviera. On March 6, 2020 we received an email from Oceania stating they had eliminated all Italy ports of call from our itinerary. Upon questioning we found our itinerary now included Turkey and Greece.

As other reviewers stated, we paid a premium for this itinerary. In addition, have spent endless time booking pre and post hotels and shore excursions in all ports of call. The ONLY option Oceania gave was to cancel and rebook a future cruise with them prior to end of 2022. In our distress we tentatively considered a similar itinerary in 2021, which cost $600.00 less per couple than our original cruise. Oceania informed our cruise consultant they WOULD NOT credit or refund the additional $1200.00 for the lesser cost cruise!

On Wednesday, March 11th the World Health Organization declared a global pandemic. Our fears are now elevated and Oceania is preying on this situation. They have not, as of today March 23, 2020 canceled our original May 26, 2020 sailing to Italy. Hmmm, I suppose the ship will sail even though world borders are closed! And they REFUSE TO REFUND THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WE PAID THEM IN GOOD FAITH, WHILE WE, THE TAX PAYERS BAIL THEM OUT! One-star rating is too high a compliment for a company, based on my experience, with such low or non-existing business ethics. I feel badly for each of us who have been manipulated and preyed upon, to add to the distress and hardship each already face.

Oceania Cruises Company Information