Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Norwegian Cruise Lines Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

It may say Norwegian but it's American with American chefs. We were escorted from one of the pay extra restaurants for complaining about the seafood being over cooked. The chef then had us removed. You have been warned.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Too many restaurants that costs extra. Many port stops not on shore but about a mile from shore that requires a shuttle to get to shore. Does not have enough space in the viewing rooms for the Alaskan cruise when the weather is cold so had to go outside in the cold.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

The cruise on the escape from New York to Bermuda was good. The pool was overcrowded and kids were in the hot tubs. Food was great especially the specialty restaurants.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I will never again cruise on NCL. We went on a Hawaiian cruise on The Pride of America. July 14-21. When we first entered the cabin there was a horrible odor. It seems someone, either the last passenger or an employee, pooped in our toilet. How could such a thing happen! I complained and it was cleaned. The second day everyone else's cabins were cleaned except ours. I felt very unsafe as it was just my daughter and I on the ship. I didn't know what else would happen. I hide my medications and toiletries as I did not trust the NCL employees. The thing that really upset me was that nobody cared. I wrote numerous e-mails detailing our horrible experience. Not one person from NCL responded. Things happen. At the very least I wanted an apology. I must add that I was a Platinum guest. Never again will I cruise on NCL.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Getting seven family members including 4 millennials to agree on a vacation was solved. Everyone had a great time. Good food, and room service all night was excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norwegian Cruise Lines?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We have traveled on Norwegian several time, never had a problem. The rooms were very nice and we were taken care of by the staff very well. The food was great, the entertainment was good, we enjoyed every trip we took with them. Everyone on Norwegian was very helpful and friendly. We found the Casino to be a little tight with winnings, but we had a great time anyway. The cabin people that kept our room in top shape, made us wonderful towels animals. Love Norwegian. We have taken cruises on other cruise lines, Holland America was also very nice. We also took a cruise on another cruise line which was not as nice and I got sick.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Love the flexibility of Norwegian's dining options. I did find the stops on our last Western Caribbean cruise to be very lame. Each port was a shopping mall.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The staff was incredible on every cruise we took with Norwegian. Even though we ate in the Haven we still had to snack at the great buffet. The side trips were very good and a good variety.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The debarking experience was not good. The baggage retrieval was not a good experience. The bag areas are not clearly denoted (per berth occupancy) therefore one must hunt around to locate bags.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Book! Book! Went to Alaska inside passage, a lot of stops very interesting! Worth every penny!!! Enjoy all the benefits that comes with the package you get, they do have specials! Call!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I enjoyed my Cruise 14 Mediterranean... My problem was that my gratuities were prepaid. Cruise line did not acknowledge but monies were refunded.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We went to Alaska on Norwegian cruise line. They had very little for passengers to do while on the ship. They had one movie that showed the entire time. No shows to attend. Bingo was offered but was very expensive so only did it once. And I thought since we were in Alaskan waters we would have had lobster and cod fish offered, but no. This was my first and most likely my last cruise experience. Just wasn't worth the cost for us. Although the scenery was pretty and we did enjoy getting out of the house for a week. My daughter and I really enjoyed the thermal suite. The spa was wonderful too.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Booked a cruise + land package in Alaska for 3 people. In all of the land part treated as second class citizens. Best case scenario throughout was room with 2 queen beds. Worst case was being given 2 essentially single beds + hotel staff rudely insisting they were double beds and, that we could pay $25 for an extra bed. Tour director nowhere to be seen. Further, tour is very geared towards US retiree couples. Nobody else under 60. Nobody else non-American. No care for guests whose first language is not English. Lots of sitting in bus listening to rambles of Tour Guide. Lots of bad & overpriced hotels with no nearby amenities - perfect Tourist Traps. Bad. Do not recommend.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Just returned home from the Norwegian Sun cruise to Cuba. Went to celebrate mom's 76th birthday, along with son and nephew's birthday. 8 family members in all. We booked Cuban excursions @ $90 each to discover once on the excursion that the factories were in fact closed for holiday. We were told that Norwegian knew of this ahead of time, yet they still advertised and sent many of us on these excursions. As the government is closed for holiday in the beginning of August... Upon leaving the cruise, on 8/10/18, my 75 year old mom, fell just pass the exit for Norwegian at which time they said it was no longer their concern, and would not even call for help. When asked for a wheelchair they refused. This cruise was nothing more than a glorified booze cruise, as that was the only worthwhile part of the trip, along with the waiters and room stewards.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I am astonished at the fact that not only was I mislead to make the sale, but the supervisor couldn't even understand the lack of transparency that the sales representative provided. I have recently booked a trip on the Norwegian Escape on August 18th. I booked the trip over the phone with a Norwegian representative. I was very upset to find out I was mislead. I clearly wanted the drink and specialty dining package and the representative did not add it in. The whole conversation we discussed the two "free" options yet at the end the representative removes these options without even telling me.

The worst part of my experience was not with the sales representative. The worst part was with the supervisor Brandy. I had asked Brandy to listen to the recorded conversation so she could understand my concern. After Brandy had listened to the recorded conversation she kept telling me times that the sales representative had explained the cost of the trip, but clearly never explained that we wouldn't be receiving the specific package. I began to get very frustrated at the fact that Brandy just seemed to be trying to figure out a way she wouldn't have to refund my trip or include the unclear options. Brandy continued to say that the representative sent me an email to confirm the cruise which I did.

Original review: July 29, 2018

We sailed the Norwegian Gem which embarked on July 14, 2017. This was our first cruise so granted we didn't know what to expect. I signed up for freestyle dining, which was convenient. I will highlight the pros and cons of this trip: Pros. 1. Theatre. 2. Gym. 3. Dining. Cons. 1. No option of using your debit for purchases. 2. $203 service charges. 3. Internet packages costly. 4. Tiny, dusty ocean view rooms. 5. No interesting activities for tweens. 6. $30 water package. 7. 4 out of 7 days at sea. 8. Inflated prices for excursions. I'm personally disgusted as I received my final bill on disembarkation day for $775.11 only to see another $175.00 deducted after disembarkation. I will never travel with Norwegian again. The constant pitches to sell vacationers things was so annoying.

Original review: July 18, 2018

We had scheduled this cruise a year in advance so we could pay so much per month as we have a huge family and 76 yo dementia/LBD handicapped father living with us, approximately 3 months after reserving 2 rooms for a 7 day cruise, I lost my job and had to cancel the cruise until such times, our finances were better. We had 2 reservations, one for each room and canceling wasn't a problem, should get full refund as we canceled way ahead of the cutoff. The initial deposit took approx 3-4 weeks to be refunded back into our account, then I was told the balance would be returned via check by US mail.

We received the refund check for one room daily quickly in the mail but nothing for the second room. I talked to Mario in payments and refunds Monday July 9, he verified all information, apologized for the hold up and stated the refund check would be cut and mailed Wed, July 11 2018, he said that if I don't receive it soon, call back and check on hold up, he was wonderful to talk to and deal with.

So I had not received it by Wed July 18, 2018 11:48 am central time, and called back and Annette **, if that's her real name, in the Payments and Refunds Department answered the call, spoke over me, very short and rude and stated it's because there isn't a city listed on the reservation... I'VE RECEIVED MAIL FROM THIS COMPANY IN REFERENCE TO THIS CRUISE AS STATED ABOVE, I advised her of this and she said well, the city wasn't on there and they will issue a refund next Wednesday??? I asked that she expedite the refund as we have already been waiting a month or so and was told, "No, nothing I can do, there is no one that can speed it up and no process in place to help get it faster, it will be processed next week." I asked to speak to her supervisor, her response "There's no one that I can let you speak to sir".

After 2 minutes of requesting her supervisors name or contact, she offered to send me to a supervisor in reservations??? I told her I wanted to speak to or get her supervisors information, "I don't have a supervisor sir, there's no one I can let you speak to." She then put me on hold for approx 10 minutes and came back on and said she emailed someone and asked them if they could expedite it and get a check cut and mailed out sooner??? ok... didn't you just tell me there's nothing you can do? So so frustrating!

Why wasn't this offered in the beginning of this 20 minute waste of my time??? So I'm very sad and upset as we haven't went on vacation in 2 years, don't know how much longer my father has and I had to cancel my family of 7 vacation because the company I worked for went out of business, now confused, been lied to, talked down to and she keeps saying I'm talking in circles asking her for her supervisor name and contact information. She finally transferred me to a reservations supervisor and I was advised by her that ANNETTE's department is at the top of the chain and she can't help me, she asked if I could hold for a minute and I did, when she came back, she gave me her supervisors name of Micheal ** and transferred me to his line, I got his voice mail, left a message and am waiting for a response.

Now I ask myself, being in the service industry myself, do I really want to spend my money with a company that's not interested in the well being of their customers. I will get another job and do as well if not better than the last and schedule another cruise but doubt it will be with Norwegian which is sad because they arrested well for kids cruise.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We have been Latitudes members for years and we have never been treated so horrible as we were today. We had a planned trip to Cuba from Orlando. I had the documentation required by the Cuban consulate & the Norwegian people would not allow myself & family on the ship. No alternative solution was give to us even though I explained that I had followed all their guidelines and have my documentation. After calling guest services and every other number they gave me... I was told they could do nothing for me & that nope, can’t get my money back or even transfer to another cruise leaving from Florida.

We were even willing to rent a car and go to any other port in the state, just so we don’t lose our $6000. No refund, no transfer, no help at all! I can’t believe how rude and just the lack of empathy for a family, excited about vacation with 3 children. I sit here at the airport, trying to figure out how much more we now have to spend to go back home & tell our children... “Sorry, we no longer get vacation, because all our money went to a RICH company, who refuses to work with customers.” So we got here today & we’re turning around and going back home, today.

Thank you Norwegian for being so heartless! You lost several customers today, as we were not the only family you robbed today. I hope you got satisfaction in breaking not just my children’s heart, but all the others who cried as they were turned away for not having what “YOU” felt was necessary. You suck & I will be reporting you to every single agency I can report your company to. No one does this to my family and get away with stealing and being a bully.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Months ago, I booked a vacation for my husband and I on a Mediterranean cruise to Italy and Greece. We have been dreaming of going to Italy and Greece for years and had agreed before starting a family we would definitely go. We originally booked with a travel agent but decided it would be much easier to transfer everything to Norwegian Cruise Lines and have everything booked thru them. Upon booking the cruise originally with the travel agent, we asked her to add travel insurance, which she said that she would. Apparently when we transferred over the trip to Norwegian, the insurance did not transfer over with it.

Of course I spoke with employees from the cruise line several times as I had to book a hotel the night before the cruise with them, as well as tell them the flight information. At no point was I ever told that there was no insurance on my vacation, nor did they offer me to purchase it. Not only should this have been mentioned when I transferred, it should have been mentioned when I went to make the final payment as well which I did at the end of May. Fast forward to June 30th- my husband finds out some life changing news that would prohibit us from traveling- I have all the documented proof in the world for this. It is still almost 3 months away, the cruise is set to depart September 20th-30th 2018.

I spoke to an employee and a RUDE supervisor named Amy who told me there was absolutely nothing for me, seemed like she just didn't want to be bothered doing her job and has poor customer service skills. They said I could pay a fee of 1,300 each person to transfer to another date. Keep in mind this cruise is not until the end of September. I told them I was never offered travel insurance and they had nothing to say about it, no apology, NOTHING. We are giving them over $5,000.00 to cruise with them and they will do nothing for us and our situation- which if it came to it I can provide all the proof and documentation that they could possibly need for this situation.

Norwegian Cruise Lines is a money hungry company with poor customer service and absolutely 0 regard for their customers. My husband and I are returning customers and I can assure you our friends and family (and social media followers) will never be using them again! I am horrified by their actions and ridiculous policies. Insurance should be the first thing offered!!! Seriously there are so many other cruise lines out there and Norwegian is not the one to go with- even Carnival will be better! Do not give these crooks your money.

It gets better- I booked our flights thru CheapOair.com. I called them and told them the situation after I did purchase insurance with them- they actually did what they were supposed to do and offered insurance upon booking. However I was told that insurance is only good if there is a medical emergency or death in the family with documented evidence. Mind you I purchased the most expensive kind of insurance- what was the point in purchasing this if it doesn't even cover anything??? Pointless! Norwegian Cruise Line and CheapOair are awful companies and I highly recommend that no one uses either!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I had booked a cruise and put down $2500 booking fee. We had family sickness, and cannot go. So we canceled the trip 8 months ahead of the date of cruise, which suppose to give us full refund. They told us that it was canceled and the refund will be back to my card within 10 days. We waited 14 days and nothing come back! I called the NCL and no one answered and always put us on music. I was busy and so I went through our bank to dispute it. The bank gave us a temporary credit for that.

However, a month later, NCL rejected the dispute. I called the NCL again, they said that my card company did not allow them to refund blah blah blah... All kinds of excuses. So I have not received any refunds after two months!! I called again and see how they will react. SO NEVER BOOK ANY TRIP WITH NCL. If you cancel your trip, they will find all kinds of excuses to take your deposit! This company does not have the correct moral standard to do business!!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I placed a bid for an upgrade to a mini suite. I understand that if the bid is accepted you can't change back. My bid was accepted and I was put in a mini suite that is actually listed on one of the cruise review sites as one of the worst cabins! My room is now right under the restaurant and is very very noisy. I called Norwegian and they refused to do anything. There are still mini suites available and if booked through NCL they are $300 cheaper than my upgrade! This is terrible customer service! To actually pay for an upgrade and pay more than what it would cost today and to be put in a room that is on numerous sites with terrible reviews is unacceptable! I feel like NCL has been extremely deceitful in calling this an upgrade!

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife and I have been on three previous NCL cruises and always enjoyed them, but because of issues that occurred on our fourth and last cruise (Getaway Cruise date 5/20 through 5/27/18) we decided to venture into other cruise lines for our next cruising experience. The quality of services, from the debacled airport shuttle and lackluster embarkation, to a room that had a pungent odor throughout the week, only exacerbated by my medical usage of a CPAP machine did not rise to a level we have been accustomed to.

Airport shuttle services (Fort Lauderdale Airport) 5/20: We were told when we first enrolled for this service that someone from NCL would pick us up at 9:00 a.m. to take us to the ship. We explained we were to arrive at 5:30 a.m. and were willing to wait. What we envisioned and experienced were two different things. We arrived on time and waited at the baggage pick area as instructed when three women from NCL finally showed up carting out a small kiosk at 9:30 am. At that time we were told the ship had not yet docked due to bad weather and because of the heavy rains the streets were flooded and that transportation to the dock would be delayed and we would get an update in an hour. We were only 25 feet from the airport street and through the glass we could see taxis and transport services traveling through without hesitation. We waited another hour and were told the same as mentioned earlier.

I looked up online Cruisin.me and saw the ship was in dock and the recorded time that it arrived were hours earlier than first announced by the NCL representative. I confronted the women making the announcements and she said NCL stated these facts over the phone and she was merely conveying the information. My wife explained that this entire matter made no sense, whether the ship was in port or not, we would merely wait in the embarkation area. The NCL representative insisted the port was closed and couldn’t take us there at that time.

At 11:30 a.m. the NCL representative stated the ship had just arrived, but it would be another 45 minutes before the shuttle would arrived. Because of the previous inconsistencies in her stories we decided we could no longer trust these NCL representatives and decided to leave. She stated she could not make us stay, but if we left, NCL will credit us back for the shuttle. We got up to leave, she then approached my wife and insisted we give her a laminate boarding pass which was given to us after she tore the shuttle coupon from the lower half of our boarding documents, my wife gave her the pass and asked for the coupon back but the representative said she could not give it to us. We hailed a taxi, arrived at the dock within 35 minutes and paid $75.00 cash. In our anxiousness at arriving to the port and due to the pouring rain we forgot to ask for a receipt.

Lackluster embarkation 5/20: When we arrived we found the embarkation process in turmoil, crowds everywhere. If it weren’t for an NCL personnel noticing me with my walking cane, we would have waited. Instead we were processed through the disability line, which was the only grateful moment of that day. No pre-boarding photographers were seen and while embarking no celebratory music or personnel were seen except one individual hurrying us to board. Our cabin steward was not known until three days into the cruise via a phone call. In all previous cruises the cabin steward knew who we were before boarding and introduced himself on the first day, of course these are minor details but it all adds to the effects of the day.

Pungent odor 5/20 through 5/27: When I first opened the cabin door I immediately noticed a pungent smell. During this time the cabin stewards were helping to move various luggage down the hallway to their destinations. I asked one of them to come into the room to see what he thought and he confirmed the odor. I called cruise services and told them of the smell and asked for a different room. They told me every room was booked and could not accommodate us. They also suggested we turn the air conditioner on to attempt airing out the room? Of course this did nothing so I immediately asked for management involvement.

My wife and I began to investigate the odor, underneath the sofa were two drawers. Inside one of the drawers were two pillow which had yellow stains (appeared urine stains) and an odor, and at the moment of our discovery came the steward cabin officer. I asked if he smelled anything. He stated it smelled like perfume. Then I showed him the yellow stained pillows, he took them and offered us a thorough cleaning, of course we agreed. We later returned, the room was scented and we slept well until early in the morning when I was awoken by that pungent smell via CPAP. Two days later the cabin steward replaced the sofa/bed cushion, the smell still remained.

In summary, what other options did we have? We couldn’t get off the ship to another cruise and all our arrangements were made months in advance. We’ve received lies and embellishment, stuck at an airport for hours, the cruise set sail late, which later turned out to be because some folks who were escorted of the ship for drug related issues. To add insult to injury the majority of the cruise had bad weather and on the last day we docked twelve hours early! The cruise in general was not a pleasant one and was extremely disappointing considering our experience on our past cruises with NCL. Finally, speaking to other passengers aboard this cruise who had customer service issues also and had sailed with other cruise lines (Disney, Royal Caribbean and Holland America) we will now consider booking our next cruise with another cruise line.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Norwegian Cruise Lines are dishonest and their cruises are horrible. Right after I booked a cruise on the Sun stopping in Key West for 8 hours and Cuba for 20 hours they changed the stop in Key West to 4 hours. The food on the cruise was disgusting and the same the entire cruise. Bathroom was filthy. Hair dryer was greasy with kinky hairs, grout in tile floor filthy. Obvious holes in walls filled in. Had to stand in line to get number to get off ship in Key West because I did not buy ship excursion. They when time to get off ship they made no announcement and just let everyone off ship. Ship docked late at U.S. Navy pier so we had to be shuttled to town and shuttled back which ate up more of the already shortened time in Key West.

Presentation on ship about Havana gave information. Lots of pressure to buy ship excursions at more than double the price you would pay on your own. Room was barely touched during entire cruise and only mid-day. Mirrors all streaky. $20 a day gratuities per person added for dirty room, bad food, bad food service. My first and last Norwegian cruise. I worked in federal prisons for 25 years and we fed the inmates better food than I got on this ship I paid a lot of money for.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We took the 11 day cruise departing from Civitavecchia (Italy). We flew in a few days earlier and spent time discovering Rome. We are two adults interested in 'adult' activities. There were lots of families with young kids on board and although I can understand the attraction, frankly, I felt there were no limits on where the kids could go. For example, small children were at the dance places jumping around without parent supervision. They were disruptive, loud and out of control. There was no place to escape, they were everywhere. We are not buffet people (also, that's where all the families with kids were) and we experienced difficulty getting into the nicer restaurants. We were disappointed.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Our luggage was lost! Our vacation was spoiled by unnecessary ship renovation works: replacement of pipes and replacement of carpet in rooms. This kind of works should be done in between cruises, not during!!! We had to breathe toxic smell of glue several days after carpet replacement. We didn't sleep the night they replaced the pipes (between midnight and 5 am) of incredible noise. The night light was situated not on the side of the bed, but directly over it on a very little distance from the pillow (around 10 cm). During the whole vacation I hit my head against it at least 100 times while sleeping. This is a brutal violation of safety engineering. To our requests to remove the night light we got a "no".

The food on the boat was of poor quality, looked and tasted very cheap. There were only the cheapest meat and fish options on the menu - pork, chicken, tilapia, etc. None of the typical products of countries we visited during cruise were represented - no olives from Greece, no local cheese, etc. The menu was flooded with cheap American food. The luggage was lost and NOTHING has been done to resolve this situation. No compensation was offered. We need to chase NCL to get anything, while it is NCL who spoiled our vacation! It is unacceptable that a company of such a size doesn't have a clear procedure with respect to lost luggage situation... This trip was a disaster... We will recommend all of our friends never take a cruise with NCL.

Original review: May 21, 2018

The escape ship organised a poker tournament satellite for the main event that will be held in November 2018. The total prizes were 4100$. Norwegian Cruise Lines didnt put any money in the prizes, all the money come from players' buy in (which is ok). The first prize consisted of the cost of the buy in and the complimentary accommodations (I don't understand why the use of complimentary if it's being bought from money of the prize) for the main event held in November 2018, and the leftover which is 1100$ was given to the second place (We were told that the worth of the first place is 3000$).

The first prize breaks down into 1100$ for the buy in at the main event, which leave 1900$ for complimentary stateroom accommodations. When I make my reservation today I realise that if I buy the cruise myself it would have cost me about 1200$ (tax and fee are excluded). Where the 700$ that is missing went. I have been told that because the prize value is based on a full rate value... When they never sell at that price. The only logic I can see is they use the opportunity to manage tournaments prize (again Norwegian Cruise didn't contribute) to sell to the winner a cabin at full price. I don't find that fair. It would have been fair that Norwegian Cruise Lines applies the full winning prize (less the tax and fee) to my reservation. It's too bad because I loved my cruise, everything was perfect beside this.

Original review: May 17, 2018

We are scheduled to go on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska. We have discovered that they arbitrarily add a trip insurance fee to the reservation and if you do not subsequently reject it, you will be charged this unreasonable fee. After reviewing the telephone recording, it is reported that the agent only said that they would be sending me information about trip insurance. At no time would I have bought this type of insurance. Nevertheless we are now stuck with it. I advise everyone who books with this company to be aware of this practice which I characterize as a scam and ripoff.

Original review: May 10, 2018

NCL Sun Feb 15- March 5 - Very disappointing. The ship was overwhelmed with a virus. I was sick and quarantined for several days. Missed an important port. I was not offered any compensation. The next week the cruise offered monies and half off the next cruise.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We recently had the misfortune of sailing Norwegian Epic for three weeks, in their case bigger is not better. We were required to make reservations for everything, including dinner, so much for freestyle. The same shows were shown over and over for three long weeks. After forty years of cruising this was a first on Norwegian, and the last. Cigarette smoke from casino filters into the dining room "Taste" mid cruise. My husband caught a cold going around ship, he went to the medical staff for lingering cough, they drew blood, did a flu test and strep test, prescribed antibiotic and cold medicine, his bill was $571.39. I still haven't found the right department to file complaint... Nobody cares, it's all about squeezing every last dollar they can.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I booked a cruise on Norwegian for $899 pp for my husband and me for an inside cabin. We requested a cabin across the hall from our daughter so she and her son could be nearby. Norwegian raised the price of our inside cabin to $2459 pp. It "isn't their policy" to correct this. So we are paying $3000 more for choosing our cabin. For the $899 pp they could put us anywhere on the ship. I understand that it might cost a little more to be able to pick our own cabin, but $3000.00 more is unreasonable. We have saved all our lives to have a little extra money in our retirement for some enjoyable vacations. This will not be enjoyable knowing how much we've been charged.

Norwegian Cruise Lines Company Information