2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.88/5

Norwegian Cruise Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norwegian Cruise Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norwegian Cruise Lines?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I appreciate that Norwegian is one of the few lines that provide affordable cabins for singles. They even provide some meetings and dining options for singles to meet and socialize.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Costs depend on what “packages” you get. Drinks (soft and hard) are expensive without the drink package. We also had package options to eat at three upscale restaurants. Make reservations for shore excursions early. We made our recent Baltic cruise the fall before. At our Alaska cruise we waited and missed out on a couple of the excursions we wanted. WiFi this time was a pain. We stayed in airplane mode when on the ship. You could buy access but I understood is was slow and expensive. Overall Norwegian is a fine line. They take care of you and are helpful.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I did a Transatlantic on the Norwegian Epic. The cabins are NOT meant for sharing with unrelated adults. Both would have to get up at the same time. No way for one person to get up without disturbing the other. Sink in middle of room. Clothes in closet by balcony. Stool and Shower each in separate compartments. Not very private. Strange S shape configuration... the sofa wrapped OUT, not in to converse with others. Would NOT NOT NOT ever go on this ship again. No educational talks or programs. No place to sit and admire the waves.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Worst cruise line I have ever traveled on. Freestyle cruising is really terrible. After the first night we made reservations for dinner. Not one time was the reservation correct. We were given special cards for the casino that would ensure good drink service. It was terrible, slow as slow can be. I will never travel on Norwegian again and would never recommend that anyone else take that cruise line.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Overwhelming experience of a lifetime for the money! If you have never sailed to Alaska, this is the cruise that is head and shoulders above the others. No other cruise line could possibly make your cruising feel like one big family.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Older ship but what a cruise up to Alaska and including a great storm with 18 foot waves which put land lovers to their cabins and stage show was postponed. All the slots worked just fine and the food was the best I have ever encountered on any cruise line... 5 stars!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

At time of booking this cruise on July 6, 2018 travel insurance was discussed but I didn't check the documents to confirm it was on there. The week prior to leaving I checked my documents and then called to have it added and was told that trip interruption or cancellation could only be added at time of booking. I booked my flights into Miami via United Airlines but operated by Air Canada and was scheduled to depart Toronto at 8:15 am and arrive in Miami at 11:15 am but due to unforeseen and extremely long lineups in security and US customs I did not get to the gate in time so I watched as they removed my luggage from the plane.

Air Canada then got me onto a flight into Fort Lauderdale leaving at 10:40 am and arriving at 1:40 pm and then I would have to arrange transportation to the Miami port. This flight had a mechanical issue and never left the gate. The next flight to Miami or Fort Lauderdale was at 4:00 pm which would be too late to board the cruise. While I was waiting for the 6 hours to retrieve my luggage I called NCL and explained in hopes of getting a credit for a later cruise and they just didn't care... not even a partial credit for a cruise at a later time. I'm a Silver tier customer with them, but I will never cruise on NCL again! Horrible customer service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We have used this line for Hawaii and Europe. Hawaii is fine for this cruise but their entertainment is so so. They had one night when they did a crew night. It was great. Europe is basically the same. The food is great and so is service. I prefer another line when in Europe.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Great Cruise Line Norwegian. When you purchase the drinks option you have to show them a card, it's a bit cumbersome. Overall great experience though. If you want to go as a group or alone and you don't want to go off the path take the Excursion.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Great cruise and very relaxing. Great crew and always at your beck and call. An adult cruise with no loud music or little kids running around. Great way to see Alaska.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Everything was terrific - everything! From the entertainment to the food to all the extra help they give it was fantastic. The staff is wonderful. We had a blast!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

The NCL is very well run. Ship was clean, the food good, and the crew very accommodating. The entertainment was excellent and there was plenty to do and we are going on two more NCL cruises in the near future.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Our first cruise and it was a wonderful experience. We had a balcony room that was very reasonably priced. All staff was very nice and accommodating. Had very good dining choices and on-ship activities. We loved the excursions we took. Can't wait to do our next cruise.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The staff took time to find out what we really liked and actually made it available every day after. The menu options were fabulous. Steak, seafood and top of the line choices were not just twice during the whole week. The restaurant was tiered facing the out over the ocean on the back of the ship - so your view was incredible. Our room had a balcony and sitting area. The onboard entertainment was top notch. I can not say enough about this cruise. I have also been on Carnival twice and Royal Caribbean twice and going forward I would always choose Norwegian.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

On the Norweigan Epic we had the unlimited drink package which was nice; the organization for shows needed help and streamlined but the shows were wonderful and entertaining. The Epic had a great choice of entertainment. Communal areas were crowded since we had a full ship. Food was good.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I enjoy cruising and this was my first cruise with Norwegian. The cruise was well planned. I enjoyed the cruise and this was a different experience.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Relaxed and worry free with the chance to experience other cultures, the food the scenery and people. One experiences the ride on the water, the pampering of the crew spas, shows, the smells of the salt air and the new friends one makes.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Overall not bad, but what is annoying is far too many out of control brats, running through hallways and on the decks banging into people and the parents could care less. They are on vacation as I heard one put it. Well leave your brats with grandma, a neighbor or a friend. Let them have the thrill of being annoyed, rather than unsuspecting passengers on a cruise ship, that are trapped with these darlings for 7 or 10 days. If you can't control them, don't inflict them on others. Also, price the cruise accordingly so as not to nickel and dime people for soda or iced tea. It is pathetic. Stop competing with Carnival and set a standard of your own.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

The food that was being provided to the passengers was unequivocally of "garbage" quality. Amazingly, NO fish food products were being served on the ship. In order to enjoy a more enhanced quality of food, a passenger would need to go (and pay extra) to one of the "specialty" gourmet restaurants for their dining enjoyment.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

What a wonderful experience I had with this cruise line. Everyone from the Captain to the custodians were so friendly and helpful. If you look like you needed something they would ask and if not something they handled they would get the right person. The meals were all high quality as well.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Having cruised since the 70's, I see the changes. To one who has just started cruising, it's fantastic. No nightlife. Geared toward an older group of which I am one, but a young senior.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

NCL has an excellent balcony room. Visited the Panama Canal and was able to sit on my balcony and enjoy. The food was great as well as the excursion to Cartagena.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

The staff in the dining were fabulous. The on shore trips were largely too expensive and not extensive enough as far as allowing all of us to visit the cities on our own. The cabins were effectively furnished thus comfortable. The food was good.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I have used Norwegian twice and loved each cruise. The rooms are clean & beautiful. The food was excellent and there are plenty of activities in which to participate. Also, I like a cruise because the price includes most things (room & food) and it's a real vacation. My mother & I decided that we'd take a cruise vs. renting a hotel room or condo so 1) we didn't have to eat out every night, and 2) we didn't want to be cooking & cleaning for the relatives while we were away. It was a lot of fun! I would go again without a moment's hesitation.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Alaskan cruise, did not get to see enough of Alaska. Took most dangerous catch boat out and it was wonderful, but ship did not stay in port for me to see that city. I think it was probably the best one too judging from people that did not go on my outing, I did love lounging on the top inside deck though, going through Glacier Bay.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Seems they nickel and dime you to death and everything including bottled water is at least 3 times the cost it should be. While I understand some of this I should pay 1 price and everything should be included just like an all inclusive resort. The beds were not comfortable. The food overall was pretty good as were the drinks. Had a balcony cabin and it was worth the price to view sunsets and sunrises.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Perfect from check in to check out. Boarding was the easiest and most efficient than any cruise line I've been on. Food was fabulous! Rooms spacious and well designed. Customer service was top notch. So many cruise lines are cutting costs by cutting employees thus customer service lacks. Norwegian gets this! Can't wait to go back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Number one reason to go with Norwegian is cleanliness and food safety. Then there is all the fun stuff like freestyle, no more having to get all gussied up for meals or entertainment unless of course you would prefer to, it's your choice! Food is pretty good and plenty at all the venues and a variety enough for all to enjoy.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Many cruises with NCL and NEVER a bad experience! NCL has always provided a wonderful experience. Even when problems arose, NCL stepped up to resolve issues.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The trip was fabulous. I will go on this trip again more for five times. I will go again with my family and everybody. It was an exciting trip.

Norwegian Cruise Lines Company Information