Norwegian Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Tired of waiting..... While sailing on a cruise I earned with my company in April, I was excited about being on NCL as I had heard they were the best. Much to my dismay, we found the opposite. We had gone through a rain storm, (can't control, I know) but the 5th floor of the ship flooded! There was a waterfall from the 11th floor to the 5th and had to walk out of the dining room in shin deep water. Our room was across from this dining room, but luckily did not flood. Next, we experienced bites, we are 99% sure were bed bugs. We reported it, and were told we should get it checked out by the ship’s doctor, but if THEY didn't feel it was bed bugs, we would have to pay 75.00 EACH! (What are the chances they will admit bed bugs?) We talked with the front desk and said we couldn't wait, so she sent someone to our room immediately to check it out. They were tearing our room apart as we left.

We had to disembark (it was a short cruise) and also would have missed our flight. As we were leaving, they were stripping our room, and told us they would call us and let us know what they found THAT DAY so we would know what precautions to take, and we left our number. (We never received a call). Next problem, it took us OVER TWO HOURS to disembark because apparently it was the ship’s last cruise of the season so they had minimal help. We made it to our flight with 10 minutes to spare before doors were shut. Because we never received a call, we spent $100 + in purchasing bed bug spray after we landed, then had to leave our luggage outside and bring in clothing a load at a time directly to the washer, then had to spray out our trunk and all toiletry bags. We did go to our medic doctor the next day who said "probable bed bug bites" but I unless we have him a bug, he could not put it in writing.

We have plenty of photos! So, we called the cruise line and were told we had file a "written" report. Which I did, and it said to expect up to 2 weeks to receive a response. We didn't hear anything for a month! Then received a "so sorry, sucks to be you, we can't find any reports made by the ship, too bad" email. Then our home office worked with the situation, they were told NCL called us and left a message. We had nothing and no missed calls - Nothing. Then we are told the contact person is now out of the country, and he would call as soon as he returned.

Apparently he went on THREE trips before attempting to call us. FINALLY got a call July 7th and spoke with him. He said "so sorry. I really Shouldnt even be talking to you, but I'll call the ship and see what I can find out. I will get back to you by Friday." It is now AUGUST and still NOTHING!!!! Even if I earned another free trip, I would take the cash and NEVER cruise this line again. It is not even so much about the problems we had, but about their lack of caring and customer service. #neveragainNCL.

We cruised the Mediterranean in mid July and were very happy with our experience. The staff was incredible, the food was amazing, and the entertainment was top notch. We were on the Epic and even though it's large it did not feel crowded. We were one of the guests that got on in Rome and it was by far the easiest boarding processes we have ever experienced. No waiting and we were on the boat by noon and our luggage was at our cabin within an hour. Other guests got on and off in Barcelona which made the number of guests getting on and off in one day more manageable.

We were especially impressed with the bar staff. We purchased the unlimited drink pass and we're glad we did. We would go to the Atrium Bar before and after dinner and Aaron and I ** were incredible. They knew our preferred drink after our first order and they learned our names quickly. The drinks they made were delicious and we never had to wait for service. By the second night they were making our drinks as we were walking to the bar. They truly provided top notch service and always with a smile.

We booked excursions at most ports. Our favorite excursion was the Scenery and Flavors in Palma Mallorca. Our guide on this excursion was very knowledgeable and did a great time telling us about the area. Some over the other excursions had almost 50 participants and it was annoying to travel with such large groups. They were also more expensive than if you were to book something on your own. If you have time to do the research we would recommend making arrangements with other group tours or private guides in advance. Overall we had a great trip. It was nice to be on a ship that traveled to three different countries where all staff understood English well. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting people from around the world.

We took back to back cruises on the Gem then the Breakaway for our 50th anniversary. We had a aft suite that you couldn't stay in very long because they were redoing the deck above us with hammering grinding and pressure washing for 4 days. Once at 3 am. Finally they admitted it was bad a gave us another cabin to sleep in. After contacting the company they said they a not heard of any problems even though I told them we had 3 name cards from staff that tried to help. Then we went on the Breakaway the next week and it took 4 days to get the AC to keep working. They seem to think a bottle of cheap wine will fix everything. We cruised from New York from 7/10-7/24/17 and they have yet to acknowledge the troubles on the Gem. After people spend over $11.000.00 they would care. So you better stick with Disney or Princess cruise line.

We have booked our fourth and more than likely final cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line. Our first two cruises with NCL to Hawaii and the Western Caribbean were so good that we purchased two Cruise Next credits to be used for future trips. Our third cruise in February of 2017, was a 14 day Panama Canal voyage from Los Angeles to Miami that left us wondering where their customer service had gone. For example, one evening I left my iPhone 7 charging on the nightstand next to the bed when we went to dinner. The ship was just leaving port and the phone was secured. Upon our return we found it with a cracked screen.

The bed had been turned down so we were confident it was knocked off by the room steward. We promptly reported the incident to no avail. The room steward denied responsibility so nothing was done by the Cruise Line. In addition the entire process was a joke as the person taking the information demanded a signature but refused us a copy until they had made changes to the report and formally dismissed it. We had credits to use on one more cruise so in March we booked an Aft-Facing Mini-Suite on the Norwegian Sun for an Alaskan Cruise for next year. Just this past week we received an email that NCL had changed the ship we originally booked. Upon our review of the details we found it not only to be a larger vessel with more passengers, the size of our Mini-Suite is 60 square feet smaller with a 14 square foot smaller balcony.

Our original room was 332 square foot with a 68 square foot balcony, our new room is 272 square foot with a 54 square foot balcony. Upon receipt of the notification we promptly contacted NCL to no avail. Their response was it is still an Aft-Facing Mini-Suite within the same room classification (M1). No compensation or upgrade offer was given to us. Based upon these and other experiences with Norwegian Cruise Line on our last cruise we feel our Silver soon to be Gold Tier Latitudes standing has little value. We will, in the future, be booking our cruises with their competitors.

I chose to cruise on Norwegian because they were the only cruise line that offered an overnight in Havana. I absolutely loved Havana, however the Norwegian Sky was not what I expected. The food on the ship was terrible both at the buffet and the sit down restaurants. The quality of the food was as poor as some of the buffets you may expect to find at a low end Las Vegas hotel. I was also extremely dissatisfied with the Cuban Rum and Cigar factory excursion that I took.

I sat on a bus for 3 hours and was unable to go to the cigar factory because Cuba does not allow tourist to enter their factory. The rum factory was closed for remodeling, but they said we could go to a tourist trap gift shop to buy rum. And the museum was closed because they were getting ready for an art show, however we could look through the windows! This tour was a joke and absolutely the worst tour ever!!! I spoke to the excursion manager and he stated that he would note my account and give me a full refund when we returned to land, but that did not happen. They stated that because I went on the tour even though everything was closed they would not refund me. Their customer service is absolutely nonexistent. STAY AWAY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norwegian Cruise Lines?

I'm on the ship now. Food is always cold, dinner takes over 2 hours because they only have one person working multiple tables with 6 or more guests. Had the manager come over, he apologized but that was all. Purchased 2 chocolate cover strawberry trays; had to call to find out where that was. Then they brought 1 tray instead of 2. Had to go back and get the 2nd tray. Then wanted 2 tips besides the automatic 18% added. Room cabin was not arranged the way we requested, had to get that changed. Glasses have to be asked daily for new ones. Horrible cruise line.

I took my daughter and my niece on this cruise for her 15th birthday and it was the biggest disappointment I've ever encountered on a vacation. We paid for a VIP room in the exclusive Haven section. It was over 9,000.00 for a tiny penthouse suite. The room was so dirty and dusty from day one. The bathroom was dirty and the toilet had urine on the back wall, the toilet, and on the floor. It smelled like urine. The bath linens had other people's hair in it. The bed linens were old and stained and dusty. When I removed the bottom sheet off the bed we discovered a dirty mattress without a mattress pad on the bed. We smelled a sewage smell coming out of the bathroom drains.

The butler was rude and spoke to me in a condescending manner. He rolled his eyes on many occasions when I brought up how poor the room service food was or how dirty the room was. When we called for him he never answered his phone. We only had 3 plugs in the entire suite. Two in the living area and one in the bathroom. The drawers and closets were so dusty and dirty. The outside of all the cabinetry was covered in spills from previous passengers. The doors had spills and mystery looking things all them. The foldout bed mattress was dirty also. This is where my daughter had to sleep. The bed scarf had a huge crusty stain on it. The carpet was stained and the fold out chair upholstery was disgusting.

Then when I reviewed my charges I had mini bar charges for items that we did not use. When I questioned them about it multiple times and to various departments I was told the charge would be removed. It was never removed from my account. All of the specialty restaurants service was slow and the food was horrible. The food was disgusting the entire cruise. They were short staffed in all areas of the cruise. The pool in the Haven and the pool for the entire ship was entirely to small for the amount of passengers on the ship. The concierge in the Haven was rude and also condescending. They were difficult to work with on every level.

I will never ever get back on a Norwegian cruise again. I have never been so happy to get home from a vacation as I was from this one, We never even saw the cruise director one time. The activities were poorly organized and complete chaos. When you ask to speak to a manager of any sort you are put off and it never happens. It was the biggest ripoff and they will never ever get my business again. I just returned today on July 9, 2017 from the Bermuda cruise. Save your money and look for another cruise line!!!

I would like to provide information to other travelers about the Norwegian Cruise Line. My husband and I sailed on the Getaway on June 12, 2017. First, the crew was very nice and our cabin was small but very clean. We had a balcony cabin. However, this ship is enormous. It took a significant amount of time to return to the ship after shore excursions. Also, we missed two ports of call because the ship could not get into Warnemunde in Germany for a day and a half. The weather would not permit the ship to enter the harbor. We went into Warnemunde a day late which meant that we missed the tours we booked. Then, we had to skip a call at Tallinn. So we missed our tour there as well. Other, smaller ships were able to get into ports.

The shore excursions that we were able to take were very good. However, the ship is just too large with very little quiet space or educational entertainment. There was no one aboard to provide information on the places that we were about to see. Most of the venue on the ship are crowded and very noisy. Big party crowd. The large scale entertainment was very good but no smaller groups. Ship has climbing wall, rope course, etc... good for families but not for people wanting intellectual stimulation. Lots of stupid game shows etc... Food was reasonably decent but not great. Norwegian needs to either use a smaller ship for the Baltic or needs to dock at places where the dock can accommodate such a large ship.

I paid extra to have a room with a balcony. The balcony on this ship was much smaller than other ships that I have been on. When we first was waiting to board I noticed others who just came back from Bermuda getting off the ship, in my mind I'm thinking how can they possibly clean these rooms and letting us get on at the same time, so of course my radar is up. I'm OCD about clean room so you know I'm looking, went into the bathroom and noticed fingerprints all over the toilet seat and on faucets, then I noticed lint and small piece of trash was still left on the floor, it's clear to me the floor was NOT vacuum. I brought my own cleaning supplies and cleaned the bathroom.

I have spoken to the person that cleaned my room and told him my room is not clean and that there was fingerprints on the toilet seat and carpet was not vacuum, he apologize and told me he did not have a chance to clean the room because they let us in too soon. He let me know he will do a full cleaning to my room. I understood there's no way they can while they are letting people onto the ship. The cost of my room was around $3,000 and I expect my room to be cleaned. I don't know if they clean the bed after others have left, if they take shortcuts in cleaning they may have. I don't trust that they clean EVERYONE bed so I brought my own blanket and wrapped myself into that and not lay on their blanket/sheets. I wanted to complain but my husband said it's not his fault and if I would say something he probably would get in trouble.

It is very unfortunate that I have to take the time to type this communication. I much rather be spending time and enjoying the last minute preparations for my son's first birthday party for tomorrow. Instead I find myself aggravated and disappointed with the lack of compassion, empathy and customer service skills from Norwegian. To start, I made a reservation for a cruise scheduled to depart on September 2nd from Miami, Florida. Unfortunately my reservation was canceled Friday, June 9th at 12pm due to non-payment. Please note that the only balance remaining was the taxes and insurance, the voyage was already covered.

Six months is a very long time to have to remember a balance was still due. A follow up telephone call, or a follow up email from my planner would have been very much appreciated and helpful. I later learned that a reminder email was sent, however, that email was automatically sent to my junk inbox so I never saw it. However, on June 9th, the same day the balance was due, I received a Cancellation Notification from Norwegian. I immediately called Alfredo **, the person who helped me with my reservation. Unfortunately for me he was out of the office so I left a voice mail. In addition, I immediately followed up with an email at 1:39 pm inquiring about the cancellation notification. I did not recall owing a balance so I was surprised to reach such notification. I did not hear back from Alfredo until June 12th at 10:22 PM telling me that my reservation was canceled. He and I exchanged emails, unfortunately, he was less than helpful and even less emphatic.

As you can see, I took immediate action. I was, and am ready to pay the balance. I am SHOCKED, DISAPPOINTED, and beyond belief that I contacted Norwegian within 1 hour of the notification in order to understand what was happening and pay any balances due and Norwegian refuses to assist me and now wants to charge me over $600 in order to reinstate my reservation. This is unjust and extremely upsetting! I and my family have been looking forward to this cruise. We have made plans and preparations to be able to take our first family cruise. I ask that you reconsider your position and do what is right. I ask that you reinstate my reservation at the original rate. I know you are better than this. I know because my family and friends cruise no other cruise lines because of your exceptional customer service.

I am getting married in September 2017 and decided I would cruise with Norwegian for my bachelorette weekend, HUGE MISTAKE! I had originally booked 9 rooms total however, 3 of them were eventually cancelled. Upon cancelling the rooms my guests had requested refunds prior to the last date to receive full refunds. Sadly they were given a hard time when doing so. Once the guests were fully cancelled we started moving the remaining people in the group around to accommodate those who were still going on the trip. Norwegian was not happy about that at all!!! Simply because they do not have the technology to seamlessly transfer funds from one room to another.

During this process we were told several times "we made a lot of changes to this reservation". As if we work there and that is our concern. As a large corporation that is something they need to figure out on their end as it should not be the customer's worry or responsibility. Norwegian is by far the most unprofessional company you will ever come in contact with. I strongly suggest you explore other cruise lines if you plan to be stress free! Hopefully my experience on the boat is better than my booking experience!

I returned yesterday from the Breakaway Cruise to Bermuda. The cruise went well until we had to exit the ship yesterday. It was very unacceptable. We were on line for over 2 hours to exit. Poorly planned and it seemed whoever the powers may be had not consideration for the passengers. They called all of the colors of the tags together (it seemed) and the chaos that followed was ridiculous. This will probably be the reason I do not book NCL ever again. How ridiculous to treat your paying customers like cattle.

Recently did back to back cruises with NCL. We were 3 senior ladies in a cabin and from South America we had a bunk bed, which was fine. We realised we were going to be relocated on Alaskan cruise so we checked cabin and found it only had a pull out couch for 3rd bed. This chair/bed totally blocked the room and if you needed to use bathroom you had to crawl over the person who was sleeping. As soon as we became aware we contacted the hotel manager to try and get room with bunk. They said they were unable to help us until after 2nd cruise commenced. After commencement of 2nd cruise we requested change again but was told nothing was available.

After demanding to see the hotel director, the guest services manager came to see us. Surprisingly, she did find a cabin but it was an inside one and we had paid for a window and as we were going through the Alaskan passage we really wanted a window. In the end our cabin steward was more help to us as the chair was very hard and he ended up getting us 3 foam underlays to try and help soften the couch. We survived by only pulling the couch out three quarter of the way so we had a passageway and also rotated who slept on couch. Not only was the couch very uncomfortable but the fact it blocked the whole room was a health & safety risk. We felt we weren't very valued customers and whilst the staff were good we felt very let down by management. Perhaps they could upgrade their computer system so people didn't have to keep changing cabins if doing back to back.

Took my 88 year old mother on the Hawaiian Cruise in December 2016. When I made the reservations I choose the suite so my friend from New Zealand could join us. At the time reservations were made I was given option of 3rd and 4th person sailing for free (hence the friend from New Zealand). Plus for the first and second passenger ONLY, Shore excursion credit, room service fee, four free specialty dining and $250.00 on board credit (total $500.00). I had called Norwegian and wrote a letter to the CEO about our third person. Judith and I have been pen pals for almost 50 year. I asked if they would extend the "free package" to her considering the facts mention. No and they didn't even care about the fact that we were meeting for only the second time in 48 years. So with that said let me get onto the food.

The food the entire time SUCKED. We had breakfast at Cagney’s which our Butler made a big deal about. Well let me tell you not really all that good. Warmish food and the only difference between this place and the buffet is that the food was served to us. Coffee was french pressed but extra and juice was suppose to be fresh squeezed but also extra. Evening dining at the Liberty Main Dining room was never hot. And let me put it this was my grade school cafeteria food was 100% better than this food but I did go the Catholic Grade School. But my Public High School cafeteria's food was way better. Here it is almost six months after the cruise and thinking about the food still makes me ill. I must say that the luau food was excellent.

Now come time to pay for onboard expenses. Look on my bill I DO NOT have the $500.00 credit. I am asked for a receipt. I give them two different ones. I have to spend two evening arguing with some ** about this. She tells me I changed it so I won't get the onboard credit. REALLY?? After the second night I get a voice mail telling me "they decided to extend the credit to me". Upon my return I sent a letter to CEO and messaged on facebook and emailed letter to CEO voice all of the upon. You know what I got in return? Yep some form letter stating they would contact the proper people. I would recommend Norwegian Cruise to my worse enemy.

I purchased a watch from the gift shop on board the Norwegian Escape Cruise date is 9/10/2016. We were kind of skeptical of purchasing a watch from a shop on the ship, you just can not go back to the shop if needed. Well the unthinkable happened after purchasing a 400.00 dollar watch. It broke. I have called and have been given 6 different #'s to call all of which don't return calls because none answers the phone. I have left multiple messages with the cruise # and dates and my information but no return call. I finally called corporate and got shifted right back into the same people for another round of calling the same #'s . At this point I just want someone to say we will fix it or replace it or go to hell, I just want an answer.

But as of today I called our cruise consultant to get a refund of money paid for our next cruise. Just can't believe after 25 years on this cruise line and this is how we are treated when there is a problem. This will not happen again. We are looking for another cruise line that will treat us like they want to be treated, not as a piggy bank ready to crack open for all it is worth. Not happy but the old adage come to mind as I write this. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. I did nothing to Norwegian Cruise Lines to be treated like this and I would not have expected it so, I have no choice but to take my money elsewhere.

Norwegian's Policy on how they treat returning guests is very poor. I had asked for an upgrade, because the room that I booked through a travel agent is hundreds of dollars cheaper. I was told it was for new bookings only, so too bad for us. I contacted Norwegian twice, they did not even bother to call back, they had the travel agent call. We are platinum members, it's our 9th cruise. Shocking to be treated like that. The lesson is, do NOT book early, you are much better off waiting until the last minute if at all possible to get the best deal.

Thanks Norwegian customer service for taking the delight and excitement out of an upcoming vacation. I haven't even gone on my cruise and I'm already very disappointed. I booked through a travel agent and paid $2,399 per person for a penthouse with large balcony for a 1 week cruise. I was chatting with the Norwegian online chat representatives asking questions and they told me the front facing penthouse balconies were "basically useless" because of the wind and that I would be unable to use them at night because the lights from the balconies and rooms interferes with the navigation. What?! This isn't listed ANYWHERE. I had to fight to get them to move me to a different room because they didn't want to downgrade me (the room they moved us to was $2,199 per person for the week, $400 less).

They eventually changed our room but refuse to give us the $400 back (the difference in price) or compensate me in any way for the fact that they do not inform you of the front facing balcony restrictions when booking. They admitted they don't put it in writing but that "my travel agent should have known." "How would she know if it's not in writing," I ask? They talked around it and refused to even let me talk to someone else because I "was already at the highest level." I asked for a $50 or $100 credit as a good will and they said, "No, because Norwegian hasn't done anything wrong."

Apparently not disclosing important information about the room doesn't count as doing something wrong. I haven't even gone on the cruise and I'm already nervous and upset about it -- they clearly don't have high customer service standards and if anything else goes wrong, I can be prepared to get the cold shoulder again. Unless this cruise somehow ends up being amazing (doubtful, based on other customer reviews), we won't be traveling on Norwegian again. Thanks Norwegian customer service for taking the delight and fun out of an upcoming vacation.

We booked a family cruise for our son's 21st birthday. We depart from NY. Upon arrival to the terminal, we were greeted by this older lady employed by NCL and she was very nasty! Boarding went fine, we walked around ship and explored until it was time to eat. Went to the main dining area and it took forever, staff not friendly and food wasn't good. We then went back to our cabin and got settled. Sunday we woke up to find our travel plans have changed due to the Bahamas having elections. Now I find that odd that NCL didn't know this in advance! So now we are heading to Florida, Bahamas and then Stirrup Cay. Now we lost 2 hours in Florida, 5 hours in the Bahamas. So we sail to Stirrup Cay, suppose to have an 8 am tender and Captain comes on saying we're not going there! Saying, "Water too rough!" Um, there was a ship there and they had no problem!

So we go to guest services along with several other guest and complain! They have no management and tell us no one will get a refund and we can't go to another island! Then they call security up! Really! They continue to sail in front of the island for hours! The Captain lied! The truth of the matter was since he changed our ports, by the time we got to Stirrup Cay, other ships were booked there and nothing would be available for us! The waters were calm as could be! I wrote a complaint right there and took it to the hotel manager and they called and wanted to talk in person! Big mistake at that point! She went on to tell me that my letter was sent to the Captain and to the Corporate Office, but was it really! They slapped all the quests in their faces with a credit of $19 port charge for that stop! Really! That is hardly enough of a refund for what we paid for and didn't get!

Came home, called customer service and was told I needed to fill out complaint online before I could speak with someone. I did! Called on 5/18/17 and was told it's still in review and I would be contacted in 15 days. This was the worst cruise ever! My husband didn't want to go out on NCL and we've always gone on Royal. I wanted to try them and wish now I would have listened to my husband. We couldn't get off the ship quick enough! Will never go on NCL again!

Cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway on May 7th to Bermuda. We were traveling with a special needs senior cousin who required the use of a scooter. Exiting this ship with a special needs passenger was a nightmare and completely disorganized. We were given no instructions as to exit procedures for a special needs passenger. Finally we were told to go to the Bliss lounge on the 7th floor in order to exchange the scooter for a wheelchair. When arriving on the 7th floor our senior cousin was lost in a sea of humanity all waiting to exit the ship. It was impossible to navigate the scooter to the Bliss lounge due to the crowds. It took 40 minutes just to reach the designated area where the scooter would be exchanged for a wheelchair. Upon arriving another 40 minute wait for a wheelchair to arrive.

If you are a special needs passenger try another cruise line. Exiting procedures for special needs passengers was uncoordinated and disorganized. Why would NCL instruct special needs passengers to arrive on the 7th floor when the floor was absolutely jammed with passengers making it almost impossible to move in a scooter. Why not designate another area of the ship and plan for special needs passengers to exit first before the crushing crowds. My special needs cousin was upset and disoriented by the time NCL got him his wheelchair. NCL got his money so why bother to accommodate him on exit. It seems there was no coordination nor caring for special needs. It was disorganized and disgusting with no planning for special needs. There was no communication from NCL for exit or planning. DISGUSTED!

We cruised on NCL 5 times. This last time will be the very last time. First cruise day, the NCL member inputting our passport information did it wrong so we were left notes. Went to guest relations, told to go back to get passports for my family of five. Got back. Told go back to room to get driver's license. The girl rolled her eyes the whole time, very rude. They wasted over half a day vacation because they can't input information before you go aboard, which is technically illegal. Dirty ship, most of the staff was rude. No pool deck room, maybe 500 chairs with 4000 booked on board. People climbing on top of people to get in a pool or hot tub.

The cruise director was the rudest by far, telling me what time to put my children to bed. Also telling me to put my child in late night Splash Academy and pay for it!!! NCL is all about money and anyway they can get it. I was personally hit by the "crew only" door twice, trying to disembark to an island. It cut my leg and magically is where I received an abscess that needed to be opened and drained. Can't imagine what was on that door, dirty. Complained to NCL, they offered $100 credit. That's $500 towards a $6k cruise. Why? To be treated awfully again??? We're looking at other cruise lines, NCL will never see us again. Also, there's no nightlife on this boat unless you want to do karaoke, or to empty parties as the bands sound like amateurs. Only one DJ on board. Only two night shows for a 7 night cruise. Why pay thousands to get treated like garbage??? Don't waste your money!!!

I recently completed a seven-day cruise (4/23-4/30/2017) on the Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Getaway. I had been given three non-refundable onboard benefits. Two hundred dollars Onboard Credit from the Casino (limited uses), Two hundred dollars Credit for ship Gift Shops (use in Gift Shops only), and fifty dollars credit per port for Shore Excursions. I checked my folio at least once a day to make sure I used all of my credits. It appeared to me that the Casino credits may have been incorrectly applied. I was assured each time that ALL of my credits had been applied correctly.

On the last day of the cruise I went to the Service Desk to have an erroneous charged removed from my account. When the charge was removed my folio then showed that I had not used ANY of my Non-Refundable Casino Onboard Credits. (My balance went up instead of down.) I was told that there appeared to be a glitch in the system and ALL of my credits would be re-applied. This was not done. I was then told by another staff member that there could not have been a glitch because "If there were a glitch in the system it would affect many more passengers and would be a major IT issue."

On the morning of disembarkation only some of the Casino Onboard Credit had been reapplied. I was told I could pursue the matter with Customer Relations once I got back home. I spent more than fifteen hours on my computer going over the copies of my folio that I had gotten over the entire cruise and could not make their figures add up (without applying ALL of my credits). It definitely shows that there was something wrong with their figures/system. If there is indeed a glitch in the NCL billing system - it appears that it may be showing passengers that they have used their Non-Refundable Onboard Credit up until the last day/evening. Then the system corrects the glitch and shows the credit as unused. (Meaning that those charges now come out of the pocket of the passenger.)

How many passengers is this happening to? How many do not catch the last minute change/loss? Is there indeed a problem with NCL billing system, or is it a way of getting more money out of the passengers? It is possible that a major audit of the NCL billing system may be needed and/or group legal actions. I reported the problem online at their Customer Relations website and got an automated response that I would receive a reply within 15 days. From this posting I am doubtful that this will be resolved easily.

Piss Poor cruise line that charters out their cruise ships after booking cabins to customers. Then attempts to provide a $25 voucher per stateroom if you will re-book on a limited listing of other cruises at a different date. Or a cruise a day later from a different port. However they don't offer adequate compensation to cover airline change flight fees to the alternate port. I spent hours on the phone being passed off from one employee to another only to be told, "I understand how you feel but sometimes this happens."

When I asked if I had no other recourse than to pay out of pocket to go to Miami the customer Service Supervisor told me that they wouldn't do anything more for me. When I asked about extending the limited timeframe to address possibly booking another cruise I was told that it had to be done per the memo that stated I had till the 15th of the month. Which was 10 days to coordinate with my employer for leave. Since we have to bid on leave at my place of work a year out, providing me with 10 days to seek a letter of exception to the leave policy let alone being approved for alternate dates isn't going to happen in 10 days.

NCL acted in bad faith when they pulled our cruise out from under us and made little to no effort to resolve the problem they created. They offered few alternatives and limited the decision making time to an extent that it wasn't feasible for the average person to coordinate for a choice they did offer. Beware of booking a cruise with this company. Hopefully this review will save someone from the hassle they caused us.

Beware! I booked my cruise directly with Norwegian Cruise Lines' representative. Shortly after, there was a change in price. I called several times to speak with my agent, he was out of town. Spoke with another, he hung up on me. Seems like once you are hook, they do not care. Will I book directly with Norwegian, probably not. Would I recommend it, probably not. Two years ago I used a travel agent with Liberty Travel to book a cruise. She advised me when the price went down, etc. I don't want to go now. SAD.

Just recently went on Norwegian Cruise Lines with family members and it was horrible. From the handling of food, bed bugs and the unfriendliness. You pay money to be treated like this, not worth it. I will never go on Norwegian Cruise Lines. They can keep their ships.

Charges were made on our debit card for Norwegian air shuttle. We did not book this or any shore excursions of any type through Norwegian. The day we were charged no one in our party left the ship. Mistakes can be made, but there is not person at Norwegian to talk to about this. We filed our case by e-mail as was required. The receipt of our case was acknowledged by e-mail saying they would be in contact in 15 days. We have sent two additional emails after this 15 day waiting period requesting a response. The charge was made on 2/21. We filed this case on 3/6. It is now 4/5. We have been fleeced for $280.62 and to add insult another $ 8.42 transaction fee to Norwegian Cruise line.

I became ill on the cruise and was at the hospital on 3 occasions. They misdiagnosed me twice and ruled out pneumonia. They transported me on a 3 hour ambulance ride to see a cardiologist because they said my heart was failing and that I had blood in my lungs and may need heart surgery. After an hour stay in Tulum Costamed hospital they airlifted me to another cardiologist. Within an hour of arriving at Cozumel Costamed hospital I was diagnosed with pneumonia. NCL is doing nothing to help me, they offered no help and charged me $11000 for medical treatment. My total medical bills are horrific, it's overwhelming and was the worst experience of my life.

I did not get to enjoy anything on the ship. Our first day we put a $500 deposit to take two more cruises in the next four years. We were given a $250 onboard credit. When we arrived home we cancelled the next cruises and we're only reimbursed $250. They said the onboard credit was nonrefundable however we were not initially informed that we were actually paying for the onboard credit. This is false advertising! When I arrived home my doctor told me I could have been treated with the initial medications that were given to me. Be very leery of NCL!

Sailed on the Epic on 03/18/2017. From the beginning you will realize that you are about to be nickel and dimed to death. Norwegian will make absolutely NO effort to accommodate you if ANY part of your vacation is ruined by NCL. Could not get off on Stirrup Cay due to Ocean Swells. This happens. I understand. But what you will not get is even an Apology for ruining your vacation. You will get the opportunity to spend even more money while wasting another day on this miserably planned ship.

Please read ALL reviews from ALL NCL ships. They are all very accurate. You will absolutely be disappointed and be left explaining to your fellow travelers why you put them on this cruise line, NCL. Good luck if you take a chance on NCL. But if you do know this. Tips. What a joke. If you tip know that it almost ALL goes to NCL. Workers are paid a set wage and if you tip anyone and they dont report it they will be fired. It goes to NCL. Could go on and on but if you have read previous reviews it's just the same old complaints that NCL laughs at. Jokes on you if you book with NCL.

I have sailed on cruise ships several times and until today have always received outstanding customer support. Today however, I needed to make changes to my cruise plans following and unexpected medical issue with my wife that will prevent her from flying until 23 April. The cruise I had lined up was with Norwegian, leaving out of Miami on 1 April. The customer support that I received from the cruise department was extremely substandard, and appeared to be willing only to take my money, and not care to meet the customer's needs. I even attempted to submit a letter from the doctor stating my wife was unable to travel; Norwegian did not care.

I also believe that the customer service reps forget how precious vacation time is to families and that most families only get to take one vacation a year (if any). Because of the service that I received, I feel it is in my best interest to take my money and time to a company that is more willing to represent and respect their customers. Very disappointed in Norwegian, it's staff, price points and utter lack of compassion for their customers. Of note, I was not able to sail and only recovered 1/8 of my purchase (taxes and gratuity fees). I'm sure the actual cruise is nice, I wouldn't know! Total loss = > $2,600.00.

I paid NCL to take us to the airport at the end of the cruise in Venice. The cruise was voyage of 7/30/16. The bus took us to a parking lot about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile from the entrance of the airport. After getting out of the bus we had to cross the 3 or 4 lane road that was used to leave the airport. There were no stop signs or stop lights to stop the traffic. Some of the NCL staff stopped the traffic, so we could cross. As I stepped on the sidewalk, with my luggage trailing behind me, a stopped taxi decided to go. It then ran over my luggage and since I was holding the handles I was thrown on my back to the ground. NCL staff told me to go the entrance, and they would get the information from the taxi and make a report to the police. They did not offer to help me get my luggage up the hill (1/4-1/2 mile) to the entrance. My luggage no longer had wheels. I then checked in and flew home.

I made a claim to NCL for the damaged luggage and for a refund for the fee paid to take me and my family to the airport. My claim was for a total of $708.00. $48.00 to repair one piece, $20.00 for the repair estimate, $490.00 for the luggage that was totaled, $150.00 for the "non-transfer" to the airport. They sent me $100.00 and extended their apologies for the inconvenience. I sent the check back to them.

Many other cruise lines were taking their passengers to the front entrance of the airport, not a 1/4-1/2 a mile away, making us cross a busy roadway, and go up a hill a long way from the entrance. If they had done what the other cruise lines were doing none of this would have happened. The NCL staff never got the taxi information or notified the police at the airport for me as they said they would. My case # with NCL is **. My attorney contacted them for information and they did not reply. They do not have "guest relations". This is just a short write up.

The pros were: extremely comfortable bed and cabin, friendly staff, ability to eat whenever you want, many fun activities and shows to take part in. There was a lot of food variety, many hot tubs and water slides. The crew was very diligent at giving us updates. The cons were: The food quality was mediocre. Great Stirrup Cay was really rocky and potentially dangerous if you didn't wear water shoes or if you fell, pool was small on the ship. The masseuses try to sell you products extremely hard which takes the fun out of getting a massage. The two complimentary restaurants have the same exact food menu which is also the same food as the buffet. And lastly they charged my friend's credit card like $150 when she only owed like $35 which she paid in cash. Then they undercharged me by $60 after we disembarked.

Compare Cruise Lines