Norwegian Cruise Lines

Compare Cruise Lines

Research top Cruise Lines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Recently did back to back cruises with NCL. We were 3 senior ladies in a cabin and from South America we had a bunk bed, which was fine. We realised we were going to be relocated on Alaskan cruise so we checked cabin and found it only had a pull out couch for 3rd bed. This chair/bed totally blocked the room and if you needed to use bathroom you had to crawl over the person who was sleeping. As soon as we became aware we contacted the hotel manager to try and get room with bunk. They said they were unable to help us until after 2nd cruise commenced. After commencement of 2nd cruise we requested change again but was told nothing was available.

After demanding to see the hotel director, the guest services manager came to see us. Surprisingly, she did find a cabin but it was an inside one and we had paid for a window and as we were going through the Alaskan passage we really wanted a window. In the end our cabin steward was more help to us as the chair was very hard and he ended up getting us 3 foam underlays to try and help soften the couch. We survived by only pulling the couch out three quarter of the way so we had a passageway and also rotated who slept on couch. Not only was the couch very uncomfortable but the fact it blocked the whole room was a health & safety risk. We felt we weren't very valued customers and whilst the staff were good we felt very let down by management. Perhaps they could upgrade their computer system so people didn't have to keep changing cabins if doing back to back.

Took my 88 year old mother on the Hawaiian Cruise in December 2016. When I made the reservations I choose the suite so my friend from New Zealand could join us. At the time reservations were made I was given option of 3rd and 4th person sailing for free (hence the friend from New Zealand). Plus for the first and second passenger ONLY, Shore excursion credit, room service fee, four free specialty dining and $250.00 on board credit (total $500.00). I had called Norwegian and wrote a letter to the CEO about our third person. Judith and I have been pen pals for almost 50 year. I asked if they would extend the "free package" to her considering the facts mention. No and they didn't even care about the fact that we were meeting for only the second time in 48 years. So with that said let me get onto the food.

The food the entire time SUCKED. We had breakfast at Cagney’s which our Butler made a big deal about. Well let me tell you not really all that good. Warmish food and the only difference between this place and the buffet is that the food was served to us. Coffee was french pressed but extra and juice was suppose to be fresh squeezed but also extra. Evening dining at the Liberty Main Dining room was never hot. And let me put it this was my grade school cafeteria food was 100% better than this food but I did go the Catholic Grade School. But my Public High School cafeteria's food was way better. Here it is almost six months after the cruise and thinking about the food still makes me ill. I must say that the luau food was excellent.

Now come time to pay for onboard expenses. Look on my bill I DO NOT have the $500.00 credit. I am asked for a receipt. I give them two different ones. I have to spend two evening arguing with some ** about this. She tells me I changed it so I won't get the onboard credit. REALLY?? After the second night I get a voice mail telling me "they decided to extend the credit to me". Upon my return I sent a letter to CEO and messaged on facebook and emailed letter to CEO voice all of the upon. You know what I got in return? Yep some form letter stating they would contact the proper people. I would recommend Norwegian Cruise to my worse enemy.

I purchased a watch from the gift shop on board the Norwegian Escape Cruise date is 9/10/2016. We were kind of skeptical of purchasing a watch from a shop on the ship, you just can not go back to the shop if needed. Well the unthinkable happened after purchasing a 400.00 dollar watch. It broke. I have called and have been given 6 different #'s to call all of which don't return calls because none answers the phone. I have left multiple messages with the cruise # and dates and my information but no return call. I finally called corporate and got shifted right back into the same people for another round of calling the same #'s . At this point I just want someone to say we will fix it or replace it or go to hell, I just want an answer.

But as of today I called our cruise consultant to get a refund of money paid for our next cruise. Just can't believe after 25 years on this cruise line and this is how we are treated when there is a problem. This will not happen again. We are looking for another cruise line that will treat us like they want to be treated, not as a piggy bank ready to crack open for all it is worth. Not happy but the old adage come to mind as I write this. Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. I did nothing to Norwegian Cruise Lines to be treated like this and I would not have expected it so, I have no choice but to take my money elsewhere.

Norwegian's Policy on how they treat returning guests is very poor. I had asked for an upgrade, because the room that I booked through a travel agent is hundreds of dollars cheaper. I was told it was for new bookings only, so too bad for us. I contacted Norwegian twice, they did not even bother to call back, they had the travel agent call. We are platinum members, it's our 9th cruise. Shocking to be treated like that. The lesson is, do NOT book early, you are much better off waiting until the last minute if at all possible to get the best deal.

Thanks Norwegian customer service for taking the delight and excitement out of an upcoming vacation. I haven't even gone on my cruise and I'm already very disappointed. I booked through a travel agent and paid $2,399 per person for a penthouse with large balcony for a 1 week cruise. I was chatting with the Norwegian online chat representatives asking questions and they told me the front facing penthouse balconies were "basically useless" because of the wind and that I would be unable to use them at night because the lights from the balconies and rooms interferes with the navigation. What?! This isn't listed ANYWHERE. I had to fight to get them to move me to a different room because they didn't want to downgrade me (the room they moved us to was $2,199 per person for the week, $400 less).

They eventually changed our room but refuse to give us the $400 back (the difference in price) or compensate me in any way for the fact that they do not inform you of the front facing balcony restrictions when booking. They admitted they don't put it in writing but that "my travel agent should have known." "How would she know if it's not in writing," I ask? They talked around it and refused to even let me talk to someone else because I "was already at the highest level." I asked for a $50 or $100 credit as a good will and they said, "No, because Norwegian hasn't done anything wrong."

Apparently not disclosing important information about the room doesn't count as doing something wrong. I haven't even gone on the cruise and I'm already nervous and upset about it -- they clearly don't have high customer service standards and if anything else goes wrong, I can be prepared to get the cold shoulder again. Unless this cruise somehow ends up being amazing (doubtful, based on other customer reviews), we won't be traveling on Norwegian again. Thanks Norwegian customer service for taking the delight and fun out of an upcoming vacation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Norwegian Cruise Lines?

We booked a family cruise for our son's 21st birthday. We depart from NY. Upon arrival to the terminal, we were greeted by this older lady employed by NCL and she was very nasty! Boarding went fine, we walked around ship and explored until it was time to eat. Went to the main dining area and it took forever, staff not friendly and food wasn't good. We then went back to our cabin and got settled. Sunday we woke up to find our travel plans have changed due to the Bahamas having elections. Now I find that odd that NCL didn't know this in advance! So now we are heading to Florida, Bahamas and then Stirrup Cay. Now we lost 2 hours in Florida, 5 hours in the Bahamas. So we sail to Stirrup Cay, suppose to have an 8 am tender and Captain comes on saying we're not going there! Saying, "Water too rough!" Um, there was a ship there and they had no problem!

So we go to guest services along with several other guest and complain! They have no management and tell us no one will get a refund and we can't go to another island! Then they call security up! Really! They continue to sail in front of the island for hours! The Captain lied! The truth of the matter was since he changed our ports, by the time we got to Stirrup Cay, other ships were booked there and nothing would be available for us! The waters were calm as could be! I wrote a complaint right there and took it to the hotel manager and they called and wanted to talk in person! Big mistake at that point! She went on to tell me that my letter was sent to the Captain and to the Corporate Office, but was it really! They slapped all the quests in their faces with a credit of $19 port charge for that stop! Really! That is hardly enough of a refund for what we paid for and didn't get!

Came home, called customer service and was told I needed to fill out complaint online before I could speak with someone. I did! Called on 5/18/17 and was told it's still in review and I would be contacted in 15 days. This was the worst cruise ever! My husband didn't want to go out on NCL and we've always gone on Royal. I wanted to try them and wish now I would have listened to my husband. We couldn't get off the ship quick enough! Will never go on NCL again!

Cruised on the Norwegian Breakaway on May 7th to Bermuda. We were traveling with a special needs senior cousin who required the use of a scooter. Exiting this ship with a special needs passenger was a nightmare and completely disorganized. We were given no instructions as to exit procedures for a special needs passenger. Finally we were told to go to the Bliss lounge on the 7th floor in order to exchange the scooter for a wheelchair. When arriving on the 7th floor our senior cousin was lost in a sea of humanity all waiting to exit the ship. It was impossible to navigate the scooter to the Bliss lounge due to the crowds. It took 40 minutes just to reach the designated area where the scooter would be exchanged for a wheelchair. Upon arriving another 40 minute wait for a wheelchair to arrive.

If you are a special needs passenger try another cruise line. Exiting procedures for special needs passengers was uncoordinated and disorganized. Why would NCL instruct special needs passengers to arrive on the 7th floor when the floor was absolutely jammed with passengers making it almost impossible to move in a scooter. Why not designate another area of the ship and plan for special needs passengers to exit first before the crushing crowds. My special needs cousin was upset and disoriented by the time NCL got him his wheelchair. NCL got his money so why bother to accommodate him on exit. It seems there was no coordination nor caring for special needs. It was disorganized and disgusting with no planning for special needs. There was no communication from NCL for exit or planning. DISGUSTED!

We cruised on NCL 5 times. This last time will be the very last time. First cruise day, the NCL member inputting our passport information did it wrong so we were left notes. Went to guest relations, told to go back to get passports for my family of five. Got back. Told go back to room to get driver's license. The girl rolled her eyes the whole time, very rude. They wasted over half a day vacation because they can't input information before you go aboard, which is technically illegal. Dirty ship, most of the staff was rude. No pool deck room, maybe 500 chairs with 4000 booked on board. People climbing on top of people to get in a pool or hot tub.

The cruise director was the rudest by far, telling me what time to put my children to bed. Also telling me to put my child in late night Splash Academy and pay for it!!! NCL is all about money and anyway they can get it. I was personally hit by the "crew only" door twice, trying to disembark to an island. It cut my leg and magically is where I received an abscess that needed to be opened and drained. Can't imagine what was on that door, dirty. Complained to NCL, they offered $100 credit. That's $500 towards a $6k cruise. Why? To be treated awfully again??? We're looking at other cruise lines, NCL will never see us again. Also, there's no nightlife on this boat unless you want to do karaoke, or to empty parties as the bands sound like amateurs. Only one DJ on board. Only two night shows for a 7 night cruise. Why pay thousands to get treated like garbage??? Don't waste your money!!!

I recently completed a seven-day cruise (4/23-4/30/2017) on the Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) Getaway. I had been given three non-refundable onboard benefits. Two hundred dollars Onboard Credit from the Casino (limited uses), Two hundred dollars Credit for ship Gift Shops (use in Gift Shops only), and fifty dollars credit per port for Shore Excursions. I checked my folio at least once a day to make sure I used all of my credits. It appeared to me that the Casino credits may have been incorrectly applied. I was assured each time that ALL of my credits had been applied correctly.

On the last day of the cruise I went to the Service Desk to have an erroneous charged removed from my account. When the charge was removed my folio then showed that I had not used ANY of my Non-Refundable Casino Onboard Credits. (My balance went up instead of down.) I was told that there appeared to be a glitch in the system and ALL of my credits would be re-applied. This was not done. I was then told by another staff member that there could not have been a glitch because "If there were a glitch in the system it would affect many more passengers and would be a major IT issue."

On the morning of disembarkation only some of the Casino Onboard Credit had been reapplied. I was told I could pursue the matter with Customer Relations once I got back home. I spent more than fifteen hours on my computer going over the copies of my folio that I had gotten over the entire cruise and could not make their figures add up (without applying ALL of my credits). It definitely shows that there was something wrong with their figures/system. If there is indeed a glitch in the NCL billing system - it appears that it may be showing passengers that they have used their Non-Refundable Onboard Credit up until the last day/evening. Then the system corrects the glitch and shows the credit as unused. (Meaning that those charges now come out of the pocket of the passenger.)

How many passengers is this happening to? How many do not catch the last minute change/loss? Is there indeed a problem with NCL billing system, or is it a way of getting more money out of the passengers? It is possible that a major audit of the NCL billing system may be needed and/or group legal actions. I reported the problem online at their Customer Relations website and got an automated response that I would receive a reply within 15 days. From this posting I am doubtful that this will be resolved easily.

Piss Poor cruise line that charters out their cruise ships after booking cabins to customers. Then attempts to provide a $25 voucher per stateroom if you will re-book on a limited listing of other cruises at a different date. Or a cruise a day later from a different port. However they don't offer adequate compensation to cover airline change flight fees to the alternate port. I spent hours on the phone being passed off from one employee to another only to be told, "I understand how you feel but sometimes this happens."

When I asked if I had no other recourse than to pay out of pocket to go to Miami the customer Service Supervisor told me that they wouldn't do anything more for me. When I asked about extending the limited timeframe to address possibly booking another cruise I was told that it had to be done per the memo that stated I had till the 15th of the month. Which was 10 days to coordinate with my employer for leave. Since we have to bid on leave at my place of work a year out, providing me with 10 days to seek a letter of exception to the leave policy let alone being approved for alternate dates isn't going to happen in 10 days.

NCL acted in bad faith when they pulled our cruise out from under us and made little to no effort to resolve the problem they created. They offered few alternatives and limited the decision making time to an extent that it wasn't feasible for the average person to coordinate for a choice they did offer. Beware of booking a cruise with this company. Hopefully this review will save someone from the hassle they caused us.

Beware! I booked my cruise directly with Norwegian Cruise Lines' representative. Shortly after, there was a change in price. I called several times to speak with my agent, he was out of town. Spoke with another, he hung up on me. Seems like once you are hook, they do not care. Will I book directly with Norwegian, probably not. Would I recommend it, probably not. Two years ago I used a travel agent with Liberty Travel to book a cruise. She advised me when the price went down, etc. I don't want to go now. SAD.

Just recently went on Norwegian Cruise Lines with family members and it was horrible. From the handling of food, bed bugs and the unfriendliness. You pay money to be treated like this, not worth it. I will never go on Norwegian Cruise Lines. They can keep their ships.

Charges were made on our debit card for Norwegian air shuttle. We did not book this or any shore excursions of any type through Norwegian. The day we were charged no one in our party left the ship. Mistakes can be made, but there is not person at Norwegian to talk to about this. We filed our case by e-mail as was required. The receipt of our case was acknowledged by e-mail saying they would be in contact in 15 days. We have sent two additional emails after this 15 day waiting period requesting a response. The charge was made on 2/21. We filed this case on 3/6. It is now 4/5. We have been fleeced for $280.62 and to add insult another $ 8.42 transaction fee to Norwegian Cruise line.

I became ill on the cruise and was at the hospital on 3 occasions. They misdiagnosed me twice and ruled out pneumonia. They transported me on a 3 hour ambulance ride to see a cardiologist because they said my heart was failing and that I had blood in my lungs and may need heart surgery. After an hour stay in Tulum Costamed hospital they airlifted me to another cardiologist. Within an hour of arriving at Cozumel Costamed hospital I was diagnosed with pneumonia. NCL is doing nothing to help me, they offered no help and charged me $11000 for medical treatment. My total medical bills are horrific, it's overwhelming and was the worst experience of my life.

I did not get to enjoy anything on the ship. Our first day we put a $500 deposit to take two more cruises in the next four years. We were given a $250 onboard credit. When we arrived home we cancelled the next cruises and we're only reimbursed $250. They said the onboard credit was nonrefundable however we were not initially informed that we were actually paying for the onboard credit. This is false advertising! When I arrived home my doctor told me I could have been treated with the initial medications that were given to me. Be very leery of NCL!

Sailed on the Epic on 03/18/2017. From the beginning you will realize that you are about to be nickel and dimed to death. Norwegian will make absolutely NO effort to accommodate you if ANY part of your vacation is ruined by NCL. Could not get off on Stirrup Cay due to Ocean Swells. This happens. I understand. But what you will not get is even an Apology for ruining your vacation. You will get the opportunity to spend even more money while wasting another day on this miserably planned ship.

Please read ALL reviews from ALL NCL ships. They are all very accurate. You will absolutely be disappointed and be left explaining to your fellow travelers why you put them on this cruise line, NCL. Good luck if you take a chance on NCL. But if you do know this. Tips. What a joke. If you tip know that it almost ALL goes to NCL. Workers are paid a set wage and if you tip anyone and they dont report it they will be fired. It goes to NCL. Could go on and on but if you have read previous reviews it's just the same old complaints that NCL laughs at. Jokes on you if you book with NCL.

I have sailed on cruise ships several times and until today have always received outstanding customer support. Today however, I needed to make changes to my cruise plans following and unexpected medical issue with my wife that will prevent her from flying until 23 April. The cruise I had lined up was with Norwegian, leaving out of Miami on 1 April. The customer support that I received from the cruise department was extremely substandard, and appeared to be willing only to take my money, and not care to meet the customer's needs. I even attempted to submit a letter from the doctor stating my wife was unable to travel; Norwegian did not care.

I also believe that the customer service reps forget how precious vacation time is to families and that most families only get to take one vacation a year (if any). Because of the service that I received, I feel it is in my best interest to take my money and time to a company that is more willing to represent and respect their customers. Very disappointed in Norwegian, it's staff, price points and utter lack of compassion for their customers. Of note, I was not able to sail and only recovered 1/8 of my purchase (taxes and gratuity fees). I'm sure the actual cruise is nice, I wouldn't know! Total loss = > $2,600.00.

I paid NCL to take us to the airport at the end of the cruise in Venice. The cruise was voyage of 7/30/16. The bus took us to a parking lot about 1/4 to 1/2 a mile from the entrance of the airport. After getting out of the bus we had to cross the 3 or 4 lane road that was used to leave the airport. There were no stop signs or stop lights to stop the traffic. Some of the NCL staff stopped the traffic, so we could cross. As I stepped on the sidewalk, with my luggage trailing behind me, a stopped taxi decided to go. It then ran over my luggage and since I was holding the handles I was thrown on my back to the ground. NCL staff told me to go the entrance, and they would get the information from the taxi and make a report to the police. They did not offer to help me get my luggage up the hill (1/4-1/2 mile) to the entrance. My luggage no longer had wheels. I then checked in and flew home.

I made a claim to NCL for the damaged luggage and for a refund for the fee paid to take me and my family to the airport. My claim was for a total of $708.00. $48.00 to repair one piece, $20.00 for the repair estimate, $490.00 for the luggage that was totaled, $150.00 for the "non-transfer" to the airport. They sent me $100.00 and extended their apologies for the inconvenience. I sent the check back to them.

Many other cruise lines were taking their passengers to the front entrance of the airport, not a 1/4-1/2 a mile away, making us cross a busy roadway, and go up a hill a long way from the entrance. If they had done what the other cruise lines were doing none of this would have happened. The NCL staff never got the taxi information or notified the police at the airport for me as they said they would. My case # with NCL is **. My attorney contacted them for information and they did not reply. They do not have "guest relations". This is just a short write up.

The pros were: extremely comfortable bed and cabin, friendly staff, ability to eat whenever you want, many fun activities and shows to take part in. There was a lot of food variety, many hot tubs and water slides. The crew was very diligent at giving us updates. The cons were: The food quality was mediocre. Great Stirrup Cay was really rocky and potentially dangerous if you didn't wear water shoes or if you fell, pool was small on the ship. The masseuses try to sell you products extremely hard which takes the fun out of getting a massage. The two complimentary restaurants have the same exact food menu which is also the same food as the buffet. And lastly they charged my friend's credit card like $150 when she only owed like $35 which she paid in cash. Then they undercharged me by $60 after we disembarked.

After you book your app Norwegian will try to get you to upgrade stateroom. They send you this sliding bar to put price in it and tell you that is for 2 people only... well in my case I spent over $3,000 a person for 7 days on the Pride of America. The slide starts at $1,000. They tell you if you are chosen you get it off your charge car auto and if you have ins it will be deducted also. You cannot change after they do this. If you bid 3100 for a much better room you get a deal RIGHT. They don't tell you it will be over $6,000. They don't say that anywhere... and you can't back out. That is times 2 by the way... and they want to charge you for a case of water over $35. We can get same here for $4.00. Have not been on cruise yet and already don't trust these people.

I want people to understand how Norwegian Cruise Lines does business with their staff... The staff are paid a set wage, all tips must be reported, all cash must be reported, all mandatory fees are merely a kickback... The crew is paid a set wage. They are not allowed any other dollar. All the money given to the crew in the form of tips gratuities etcetera or on your credit card are merely a refund to the cruise line for wages paid... Do not fall into this trap. Your cabin boys are required under penalty of termination to report all tips and gratuities given to them and give them back to the ship... The food on your Norwegian Cruise Lines is really bad. Service is worse especially pride of America has the worst Food... argumentative and if you say a word they will kick you off the ship... They're the worst cruise line ever. You must suck it up. Take it. If they're crappy food sit there and wait for their crappy service...

I've been on four Norwegian Cruise Lines. Each and every one of them stunk. The hotel manager in Uruguay grabbed me by the arm. I was already off the ship. I was already disembarked. I was not in her jurisdiction no right to manhandle me that way. It was a terrible experience... If you need a cruise to get from one place to another then suffer them but you will not have a good time. You will not enjoy yourself with a horrible food and horrible service and a horrible schedule is very expensive tours and lousy entertainment... Anyone who has given this Cruise Line more than two stars must be retired on Social Security and living on the ship or they work for the ship. I have given you a true depiction of my experience. There's no help. There's no customer service and they still owe me my coupon or a discount... If they promise you this discount you will not get it...

I have never been on a Norwegian Cruise and from the very poor customer service I received, I will never go on a Norwegian Cruise. I had planned on going on a Norwegian Cruise out of Miami on February 17-20th, 2017 for a girls weekend. My friend made all the arrangements directly through a NCL rep named Daniel. The first poor experience was in December when the final payment was due and I needed to call Daniel to make a payment. I called him 5 times and left 2 messages, which he never returned. My friend ended up making my final payment and I paid her back.

Then a week before the cruise, my mother fell gravely ill. I called Norwegian to let them know that I was unable to go. They connected me to Daniel, who listened to me, then put me on hold for awhile. He then came back and asked if I could find a replacement. I told him I was sitting vigil at my mother's bedside and that there was no one I could ask at such short notice (I found out later that there was no way at that point anyone could have traded and taken my place, so his question was erroneous). He said since I didn't have the insurance there was nothing he could do, but said he would call my friend who made all the arrangements. I really just wanted NCL to know I could not and would not be going on the cruise and why I wasn't going, so I didn't get any charges for not showing. I was taken aback at his lack of concern, which clearly showed that all he cared about was the money he was getting.

I didn't ask for my money back, but thought they would offer something towards another cruise. I was also told to always book through a travel agent and not directly through the cruise line because of the poor customer service. I am glad I booked my flight to Miami separately or else I probably would be out the money for the flight had Daniel booked that for me. Thankfully, American Airlines gave me a credit to use within the next year for my non-refundable flight with no questions asked.

And lastly, I am thankful I did not go on the cruise since my mother passed away February 18th, 2017, which would have been the second day of the cruise.

For the record, as of today, Daniel has NOT touched base with my friend who booked the cruise, like he said he would. My friend has also tried to contact him and he has not returned any of her messages. I also sent Norwegian a letter over a week ago and I have NOT heard back from them either. I guess since they have my money, there is no need to contact me, but I did receive two emails asking me to rate the cruise that I did not go on!

Free at Sea program not free. On January 2nd we cruised on the Breakaway. We were offered to "Free at Sea" benefits. Beverage package and free gratuities. We had to pay an extra charge service charge for the beverage package. I would assume that would be the same as gratuities. Never received the evaluation email from NCL. I contacted them and they said it was too late to submit the evaluation. My husband became sick from something he ate on the cruise. We had medical expenses over $1000!

First off we booked and paid for liquor packages and now that we're on the ship they are saying we don't have the passes that it was switched to an excursion which is not true!!! We have the email confirmation to prove it and they still aren't honoring it!! First they told us because they switched our rooms that our drinking passes are on our old room with the people in our original room and that it was a MIX up now all of a sudden we switched to an excursion!! That is a lie!!

Norwegian Cruise Line is pissing on our back and calling it rain!! Also the sheets smell musky and they don't smell fresh! The food in the buffet is always the same!! The cleaning and cooking staff is very sweet that is the only good part!!! We are such good Norwegian-returning customers that they brought us a bottle of champagne to thank us to our room... and now this!!! Will never be taking Norwegian ever again and will spread the word like the plague! Just like this cruise line -> the plague!!!

I had a reservation to fly from Las Vegas to Copenhagen via Stockholm Arlanda. When I arrived at the airport to check in to my flight, there was no one at the Norwegian Air counter. I waited there for some time, but no one arrived. I tried having them paged multiple times over the airport PA system, but no one came. I tried calling Norwegian on their customer service line multiple times, but they said there was nothing they could do. The airport refused to connect me with the gate desk, so I was not able to get anyone to come to the check-in counter.

Eventually the flight left, after which the agents came out and said there was nothing they could do to help me because the flight had already departed. I called Norwegian Air again and they said that there was nothing that they could do and I would have to purchase new tickets. They did not have another flight leaving that day and I had to get a hotel. I have tried submitting claims with Norwegian Air on their website and their Facebook page, but they have not even responded to my complaints. As it stands they owe me approximately $1,100 for the replacement tickets, hotel, and transportation. Other airlines may cost a bit more, but nothing is worth the hassle they have caused me and the full day of my vacation that they cost me. Do yourself a favor, NEVER FLY WITH NORWEGIAN AIR!!!

Norwegian no longer allows you to bring bottled water onto the cruise ship. Carnival has same policy. Whereas Carnival charges less than $5 for a 12-pack of 16oz bottled water, Norwegian charges over $6 each for 1 liter bottles. I believe this constitutes price gouging considering this is not a luxury item. We drink bottled water daily when we travel. This reason alone prevents me from returning to NCL.

This is the 2nd issue with the cruise line & our last. We booked a cruise on Norwegian in 2015 for a December 2016 sailing using a $250 cruise credit. My mother passed away a few days before the December 11th cruise so we were forced to cancel. The same day my mother died Norwegian sent an email stating that the cruise credit had not been used & we had until December 31st to book a cruise using this credit. On December 30th, I attempted to use it to no avail. Customer service told me I would need to contact the Latitudes Dept but they were closed until after the 1st of the year. The customer service person sent me an email the same day giving me the direct number to Latitudes Dept. I tried to call Latitudes the following week to book a cruise & get the credit only to be told NO it had expired. So we are out of the $$ we paid in advance for a future cruise with no consideration of losing a family member. Never again with Norwegian.

My experience with the NCL call center is very disappointing. I have a booking number ** for a sailing 12/18 during Christmas and New Year holidays. I called NCL to cancel the booking due to the higher expense during these 2 holidays. I wanted to discuss booking travel for different dates to lower the cost of the vacation. My sales agent was not in so I was transferred to guy named PJ? TJ? His greeting was not inviting nor was the rest of the conversation. I gave him my name and he said "ok. I will cancel it." I was waiting for him to ask me why I needed to cancel or if I would like to talk about booking another cruise. However, he told me he would cancel it and was going to end the call. I asked him if there was a cancellation number. He responded it is the same of the booking number. I then asked a follow up question, "if I would receive an email confirming the cancellation." He told me I may get one.

I again questioned him that I may get one? And his response "yeah yeah you will." I have been cruising with other cruise lines for many years. I thought I would give NCL a try. I am truly grateful that I did not spend the HUGE amount of money that this trip was going to cost. If this type of customer service is what I can expect on a cruise with NCL, I would rather book on another line. Trying to get a hold of a manager is almost impossible. I do not recommend this cruise line.

I went on my first cruise on Nov 20th of 2016. We departed from NYC on the Norwegian Breakaway and headed on our two day trip to Florida. I knew from the beginning that we were not going to see much as we would be traveling for days so I tried to be open minded. For starters the food which I was told was amazing, was terrible. The food court was like we were eating at a fast food restaurant with no real healthy options except the under-ripened fruit. We tried a few of the other restaurants, but we were not impressed. One night we had paid to go to a cirque de Soleil dinner theater, the entertainment was very good, the food was terrible. The shrimp was almost raw and I do not eat steak and told them to not bring me steak but they did anyway. They brought my steak back and added more raw shrimp. The drinks however were good and we had plenty, the entire trip.

After day three one of the other people in my party had mentioned that their sheets and bed were stained and filthy. So I decided to check my own bedding, which by the way none of the mattresses had mattress protection, just a flimsy fitted sheet. Anyway I found my sheets and bedding were in fact stained from previous passengers, including my extra bedding. The walls and rug were also filthy. I did not complain, but I did take pictures. Finally we reached our Florida destination and the lines to get off the ship and then to our destinations were ridiculous! We were traveling in the end of fall so daylight was like gold... by the time we got onto our shuttle and to our destination, we had lost 2 hours of sun. WE made it to our destination by 2:30 pm, get an hour or two of sunlight and then had an hour to spare before we had to get back on the ship.

THEN the next day we had a charter to get to our paid excursion and again with the lines! Took us about 2 hours waiting to get off the boat to get onto another boat with about another 30 min wait as the boat rocked and tossed. Of course the sun decided to take a break this particular day, which I'm not blaming the cruise for it was just really unfortunate. Then we had to wait in lines for the food. It was just so disorganized. The entire trip was disorganized. The third and final day in the Bahamas was the perfect day, we had a wedding this day and the weather couldn't be more perfect, the food, the people were wonderful. NOTHING to do with the ship. I extend my gratitude to the wonderful people of Nassau for giving us just ONE perfect day, again NOTHING to do with Norwegian.

My final complaint was the checking out process on the boat when we arrived back in NYC. LITERALLY took two or three hours in lines with all of our carry on bags. Again a disorganized nightmare! I just don't understand why this whole process took so long and what they could have done to make things work more smoothly. We all had labels and times to disembark and clearly it didn't matter. Honestly this was my first and last cruise experience. It was way too expensive for long lines, subpar food, and filthy sheets. AND the amount of money we had to shell out for the service charges, i.e people to clean up after us... I had a dirty room with dirty walls and sheets and carpets what exactly did I pay for?

NCL cruise line not delivering on what they advertise. Cancelling ports of call just a week before cruise ready to leave and money has been paid with very little compensation.We are getting half a cruise for top dollar spent. Offering $500 credit and 25% off next cruise is not acceptable for an $8000 cruise. We are getting half a cruise 2 of the main ports cancelled and the view into Milford sound cancelled so what is the point of the cruise then? This cruise just becomes a very expensive floating $8000 hotel.

We called customer service got passed on from rep to rep with the same spiel... we did work our way up the chain of command to the executive apparently as far as we could go... she didn't offer us anything more but we think our frustration was noted and we are hoping anybody else out there feeling the same way as us will continue to the upper executive with their dissatisfaction and complaints. This is the only way we are going to get thru to them. We told them we do not want their credit for another cruise with them. We will not be coming back to Australia again. We are from Canada this was a retirement trip of a lifetime for us that is why we chose this cruise because we wanted to see the places they were offering and they cancelled all those places because their ship is not being maintained and is in bad repair and cannot maintain the speed to go into the ports in the allotted amount of time needed for the 12 day cruise.

It is not acceptable. Their offer is ridiculous we will not be sailing with them ever again. We see online this has been a problem with their ship off and on for a year now so they have been limping it along without actually fixing the ship and taking people's money and when it breaks down again offering ridiculous compensation. This is a Scam. NCL is setting themselves up for a class action suit they should not be able to get away with this scam. Please anyone considering taking a cruise please be aware this is a company that is only interested in taking your money and not delivering on what they're advertising.

We went through Costco Travel and we will be letting them know their members are getting scammed. We asked NCL for 50% of our money back because we are getting 50% of the cruise and they were not willing to help us said, "You get what we're offering in credits and that's all we are offering." They clearly don't care about appropriate compensation for their customers when it's their fault their ships are not being maintained. We are frustrated and disappointed our dream trip has been taken away from us and on top of it have paid the price in big dollars. We will take the cruise as we have no choice but certainly not with the same excitement and exuberance we had when booked this trip in November. We hope if nothing else we can prevent someone else from having their dream vacation destroyed by this insensitive rip off corporation. :((

Long story short, I had a severe allergic reaction to peanuts -- traces of peanuts that were not supposed to be in the dish, as it was not traditionally a peanut dish & there was no mention of peanut inclusion on the menu. I spent the night in the ship's med center and left with a $650 bill. After the cruise was over, I contacted NCL Customer Service to rectify the situation but was instead told that it was my fault for not telling their "Access Desk" that I have a peanut allergy -- not that they were sorry for serving a non-peanut dish with peanuts in it. So, yes - in 23 years of living without a severe reaction by simply reading the menu, I now am being blamed for essentially not knowing how to live with a food allergy. Not even a mention of a medical bill refund, travel voucher or even a coupon for an NCL key chain. Sad.

Compare Cruise Lines