2. Travel
  3. Cruise Lines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.90/5

MSC Cruise Lines Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2020

I am a Carnival girl. I do not like Norwegian, Royal Caribbean or Holland America. I tried MSC and I LOVE it! A bit more refined than carnival while still being fun!! Food is great! Shows are FABULOUS! Staff is wonderful. Also cheaper than Carnival for a solo passenger. And they status match you.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The MSC Divinia is DIVINE! The ship is designed to have a maximum of balcony cabins, so the prices for those cabins are very reasonable. The deck area is huge, with several large pools, and there are also many different lounge areas for quiet reading inside. The best part of an MSC cruise is the day on their private island. The "theme" of their island is "more chill, less thrill" and it is true. So many places to just set up on a lounge chair and then at night a big beach party with a "lighthouse" show to end the evening. The food is their weakest point. When they stick to their European style food, it can't be beat (especially the late night pizza buffet!), but they keep trying to force hot dogs and hamburgers on Americans and it just doesn't work. MSC, keep to the European style food and leave the hamburgers to Carnival.

Get buying tips about Cruise Lines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I took a 3 day Bahama cruise leaving out of Miami with my fiance. It was one of the most incredible vacations I've ever taken. First of all, I was on the Divina ship, which I believe is one of the largest and perhaps newest in their fleet. It's a very glamorous ship, it has a large atrium that is about 9 stories tall. There are several cocktail lounges featuring live music throughout the ship, there is live musical review each night that rivals Broadway quality. And the rooms are very large and comfortable. I would definitely recommend going for the rooms with a balcony. They're absolutely amazing.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I've traveled with many companies and I did like MSC. Now, I have to say that I traveled with MSC Seaside and Grandiosa only because, all other ships had bad reviews. For those who traveled before with other companies, let me tell you my rating:

#5 Carnival Cruise
    #4. NCL
    #3. Royal Cruise
    #2. MSC Cruise

#1. Celebrity

I wouldn’t go on any other companies. So you can understand me better... I'm not rich. I'm not poor. I have a salary of 200 000 a year. So I'm not interested in luxury that cost big bucks. I looking for luxury with average bucks. I would recommend all of these Companies but, some older ships, I would not recommend. I usually go on a cruise twice a year. This year, I will be on three.

Carnival Cruises: My opinion. You pay too much for what you get. Although I been on many of there cruises and liked it, I thought that the personnel are over exhausted because they make them work all day all over the boat. It's way too much and then, the personnel is so tired that they can't keep smiling and give the client their best side. Also, there is a carelessness from the people in charge. It is not what it use to be. I will probably still go on Carnival because it's a great company to party with. They know the meaning of Party. I think that lately, we pay more than what you get. That’s why I did cruise with them lately.

NCL: About the same of MSC Cruise comments.

MSC Cruise: First, I wouldn’t recommend the older ships. But the latest ships...Wow. Seaside, Seaview and Grandiosa. Service was great, staff were courteous and ready to help. The food was amazing and as much as the Dining Room food was good, the buffet was amazing. Many times, we would skip the dining room to eat at the buffet. I don't have much negative for those ships. Excursion at the White House beach was awful. I do not recommend.

Royal Caribbean: It is more luxury but you pay for it. Their drink packages are so expansive!!!! It s the price of a cruise all by itself. Service is great. Food is good and excursions are great. There are a lot of choices for dining. I will be going on Royal again but I know in advance that I could pay less on MSC, NCL and Carnival and get what I was looking for. So Royal... Yes, of course, If you want to pay big bucks.

Celebrity: Again... Costly. Big bucks again but,. great. I would get on the latest ships. (Last five)

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

This review is for MSC. The ship, crew, and service were excellent. The systems, however, need improvement. They were out of or had to locate certain food and beverage items because the ship was inadequately provisioned. The staff tried their best to overcome this with their fabulous service. Otherwise, this was a great cruise experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MSC Cruise Lines?

Original review: May 1, 2020

As an Australian who is trying to get a refund for a cancelled cruise I have found that this company has no customer service at all. They refuse to adhere to their own terms and conditions by offering a refund and have altered the terms and conditions on their website which is illegal. They offer different compensation to different countries. They delay cancelling cruises that can obviously never go ahead so they can either collect final payments or confiscate paid deposits. They never reply to emails. They make no effort to contact customers with information.

I have had one of the worst experiences of my life with this company and would never travel with them. They are untrustworthy and basically thieves that have the money of tens of thousands of customers and refuse to refund it. They have even threatened many Australians with their "big legal team" to make sure any request for refund will be delayed in processing indefinitely. Do not deal with this company unless you want to be left disappointed and broke. They are rogues.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Food was on par with a place like Golden Corral, many amenities were broken, not available or subpar. Not much for teens or kids to do. The push to retail shop on the ship was ridiculous. Some staff seemed perpetually irritated with guests but others were very nice & helpful.

Original review: March 6, 2020

They change boarding requirements for the Coronavirus outbreak but will not credit passengers who now cannot board. Just a sleazy business practice. Same procedures are being implemented on other cruise lines but are being handled properly, this cruise start up is not handling this correctly.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Recently disembarked from an 8 day cruise with 6 friends on the MSC Seaside to the Eastern Caribbean. I will give our opinion of both pros and cons of the ship as well as the cruise, crew members and passengers. Pros: Beautiful ship, decent coffee, juices and milks provided free of charge, food is average but not bad, shows are very good. Cons: Customer Service is sub-par at best. Very rude at times, crew members are not very friendly, but probably in part because of my next statement... Passengers (mostly European) very rude and ignorant to others, one tiny 6' adult pool for nearly 5,000 passengers, not nearly enough outside seating.

As I stated in my pros and cons, the ship was beautiful. There were daily/nightly shows which were very good, especially the Michael Jackson show. Some crew members were friendly, but nothing beyond a hello. Never once were we asked if we needed anything. Evening seated dinners were a joke. The main waiter was decent, but his assistant was never to be found after delivering bottled water initially. You had to find anyone available to ask for more water or missing sides, etc... The foods were not bad, more catering to the Europeans, but still not bad. It seemed we ate at the buffet restaurants mostly because the seated dinners were usually the same foods, just named differently. The desserts were decent at times, and not so other times. Juice, milks and coffee were provided, but juices were extremely watered down.

The person taking care of the rooms was friendly and always smiling, but never going the extra mile as the other cruise lines seemingly expand. We had to ask for shower gel, hand soaps and towels about every other day. How are these things not checked daily when the room is being attended to?? Now to the most frustrating part of the entire cruise... The rude and arrogant Europeans. Always cutting in lines, always reaching through people, always ignoring other passengers. Even after several EXCUSE MEs, they continually ignore and do what they wish. Talking with other rare American passengers, we found the same feedback as well. Most attest to never cruise MSC again.

The ports we visited were nice, but again, the rudeness of the majority of the passengers made it less enjoyable and more of an anger-fest. I had even spoken with another couple which had already paid for an additional week scheduled on the same ship and forfeited all their costs and decided to cut their trip short for the aforementioned reasons. My opinion for future cruisers, spend the extra money and choose a more enjoyable cruise line, like Royal, Disney, Norwegian, etc... You will be much more happy.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I would highly recommend not booking a cruise on MSC. In light of the Coronavirus and MSC being turned away from two ports of call because one of their crew members had the flu, my wife and I decided to cancel our cruise in hopes of trying again the end of this year. Instead of treating us respect and offering to apply some of our fare to a future cruise, I either had to keep the current booking or lose half my fair, period. The customer service agent was rude and treated me like I was an idiot and she was a used car salesman. Even when we booked this cruise we waited on hold for nearly an hour. My guess is they have 2 phone lines. They should stick with their overseas cruises and stay out of the US market as here, we like customer service. And if you're reading this MSC, here is my booking number. **. I will not be back, enjoy half my money. You're a poor excuse for a company.

MSC Cruise Lines Company Information