Micato Safaris

Compare African Safari Tours

Research top African Safari Tours recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This was definitely one of the best trips we have been on and it was first class service from the planning phase through the actual trip. These agents and their company were the best travel agency that we have ever worked with! From the planning phase, which they had a large array of services and options. Our agent and her travel company planned the trip of a lifetime for us! We began planning our 10 year anniversary trip to Italy last summer - almost a year before our trip. We found this agent and her company on Zicasso and she really understood the type of trip we were looking for. Our Spain travel agency did an excellent job planning our trip and providing support and services while we were in Spain. The owner of our travel agency is an excellent guide and has a stable of excellent guides and drivers on whom she calls to provide further support for travelers.

There were quite a few variety of tours I was offered and they were all quite affordable. I finally chose a tour that drove through some lion sanctuaries and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I would recommend this service. The particular tour I finally decided to take had a large itinerary of activities that were provided for my tour group. We were taken to see and interact with the wildlife around us. Overall my satisfaction with the tour and its itinerary of interesting activities was over abundant. Our whole tour group enjoyed going outdoors to interact with nature and admire the beauty that is Africa. The value was great overall. I didn't feel as if I was overpaying or being robbed of my money with the wonderful experience I had on this tour. If given the chance I would recommend this tour to many others.

It has all different types of tours. Some are just for fun and some are meant to be educational. And some are for both. But they are all really fun It's good. It's good, fun, helps you be productive, it's helpful. Basically, that it and it doesn't cost a lot of money. The whole thing was fun. They were always very nice to me and interested in me. They were constantly aware and knowledgeable of where we were. It was worth a lot, it was educational and entertaining. It was worth the trouble you go through to use it. The price paid for it, you get what you paid for.

The trip was a complete waste of time. The tour guide was an hour and a half late. And when he did show up he cut the tour short. Completely not worth the money. There was no itinerary to begin with. It was pretty much find as go. No set schedule or where we wanted to go. The tour branched off several different times. Again as I said the tour guide was an hour and a half late. He wasn't very friendly. Never really spoke to the group and cut our tour short. Not very happy. The trip was very expensive. We saved for over a year and then had to deal with the bad service and terrible tour guide. If we could get refunded we would.

All kind of tours, interiors, exteriors, but safety should be better. Middle safety perks doesn't makes you feel comfortable. But all the tours were amazing. Also I learn a lot of new things. Itinerary was just fine. We went to the hotel. Just when we arrive, hotel wasn't 5 stars but it was fine. Then we can pick our own plan to make our own itinerary or we can follow the others. Satisfaction ranges was just normal. Perhaps it was better than what I expected. Also I can say that could be miles better if they pay more attention to details. Costs in general were very stable, nothing out of normal range of prices. I could add that even I found lot of cheap things in the city and tourist areas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Micato Safaris?

They have lots of tours around Africa. You can see all the animals, hotels, beaches. It's awesome. You get to drive right through the animals. Some of them come right up to the tour bus. They take you through the whole park so you can see all the awesome animals & their babies & how they eat & play. The weather is awesome. The country is beautiful. I'm very satisfied. They gave me everything I wanted to see & do. When I save up my money I will be taking another trip to africa. The tour guides are awesome & very helpful. They have great deals on packages. You can get the tour, hotel room, food & a lot of other attractions all in 1 deal... If you never been to africa go it's a must see.

They were able to show us a variety of different options that they particularly had, a variety of packages and timings. I was overly pleased by their customer service and nature. They did a good job showing us how a trail should be. It was very detailed and diverse. I wish all others would be this articulate in their packages because that's what we customers spend so much money on. We expect to see the unseen and detail our adventures.

I was beyond satisfied with their customer service skills and connectivity. Connectivity is important because in a new country with new people it's hard to relate and what is expected often turns out to be something quite different. I believe their service provided value. It wasn't something where they just take you to a few tours, give you googled information and return. This was more in depth and well organized.

It had numerous occasions that the scenery was beautiful tranquility and breathing the wilderness and wildlife were truly African and truly overwhelming. A once in a lifetime experience - a must do. I would recommend this not only to my family, close friends but completely satisfied enough to tell anyone on the street that would be willing to listen to my experience. FANTASTIC. It was quite expensive however the memories in place cannot be compared to any dollar. It is an experience that bring smiles again and again and again.

There was a lot of animals that we saw. There was lions, tigers, snakes, birds, gorillas, and kangaroos. Lot of animals that I've never seen before. Carter was a very excited to hear that we went on. I enjoyed myself. Our tour was early in the morning. Got up before sunrise. Got on the train that took us around to see the animals. I would suggest taking lots of water, snacks, food. I'm here to get you through the day. Would take this to her again if I had the chance. Be sure to take lots of money with you because there are plenty of items for sale that you need to buy before coming back home.

I was very satisfied I do it again the tour was once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me. I saw things that I never would see before. Would recommend it at least once in your lifetime to go. Need to take your camera, capture lots of photos and videos of what you can bring back home to show others. There were lots of giraffes, zebras, elephants, and other animals that normally you don't see unless you go to a zoo. I would highly recommend taking something to write with, phone to call if you need help. You might want to take language interpreter because a lot of people don't speak the right language.

The variety of tours is unbelievable and far better than that of competitors. I am very impressed overall. I would highly recommend this to anyone, and I am sure that you will not be disappointed. The tour itinerary is extensive and impressive as well. It is very detailed, well put-together, and well thought-out for each available tour. The tour guide was highly educated and knowledgeable of the area. He was very friendly and accommodating as well. This tour was the best value for my money, and I did lots of research before I made my decision to buy. I would do it all over again any day.

I love going to Africa. Going through this site was a great experience because it keeps you busy. I lived all the plans and activities that the company has set forth for us. I could not have asked for anything more. Our itinerary started off right when we left the plane. It started off with being greeted and some great cocktail, one great sightseeing and a great journey that you would love. I have never been so satisfied in anything more in my life. I love to travel. And I was a little optimistic about trying this company. But I am so happy that I did. It was well put together. Now these trips can get quite expensive. But to tell you the truth I think it worth the value and then some. The memories that were made on this trip can never be taken away.

Good variety of available tours, a good fit for families and varied budgets. Very memorable experience with great guides and a lot of information and learning opportunities. Great itinerary, structured but flexible so that every part is enjoyable and remembered. Guides were extremely helpful and fun in the tour, they explained everything we saw and helped us to be safe during the trip. I am extremely satisfied. My family really enjoyed this experience and will remember our trip for years to come. It was very well worth the drive and price we paid for this adventure. Decent value. Sounds like a lot at first but with everything included and the amount of exhibits and length of the trip, it is very worthwhile. I am very satisfied and will definitely plan another trip.

So much to choose from. If you're interested in an adventure or a romantic getaway in an exotic location you'll find it here. Ready to get physical? Looking to relax? Look no further. Be prepared to be busy. The itinerary can be demanding, non-stop, but when it's time to relax, you'll look back at every minute and wish you could re-live it. Satisfaction guaranteed doesn't always mean that anymore, but it definitely does here. I've never experienced a more satisfying experience. Vacations are never cheap, but when you're ready to form the money for an adventure you definitely want to be satisfied. Look for the "I got my money's worth!" Feeling.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1966, this family-run safari tour company focuses on high-quality tours and sustainable practices.

• Luxury tours: Micato focuses on top-quality safari tours in multiple locations, such as Kenya, Uganda, Botswana and Zambia.
  • Concierge: A 24-hour concierge service provides anything tourists request.
  • Charitable: Micato's nonprofit arm pays for a child's education with every safari sold.
  • Award-winning: The safari tours have won multiple awards from travel publications.
  • Safari director: A safari director goes on every safari tour to keep it on time and running smoothly.
  • Best for Travelers looking for a top-quality African safari experience.

Compare African Safari Tours