Megabus

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Driver was 40 min late on a Saturday morning with a huge attitude and no explanation; she obviously left late. Their customer service is non existent. It's tempting to take them because they go a lot of places but save yourself a lot of wasted time. They often arrive late, the drivers are usually awful and their cleanliness has been slipping. The 40 min late but with no explanation was the final straw.

My son was leaving to go to school so we called ahead for the size of luggage and what he can carry on. When he arrive he paid for another seat so that he can carry an extra bag (book bag) that can sit on the seat. A luggage guy refuse to allow him to carry the bag on even though he paid for an extra seat and made him put his bag under the bus. The bag had thing worth a lot of money and now my son book bag is nowhere to be found. I contacted Mega Bus who told me that they will put in a claim and that I had to wait 5 days. I called every day during this time with the same response.

Now that it's the 5th day I have to wait for the 6th day for the 5th day to be completed and in order for them to expedite the matter to the lost and found. I spoke with a supervisor who had no compassion and nothing to say but you have to wait until the day is completed. I called corporate office and no one answers the phone. I don't know what to do because it was over $800.00 worth of things in that bag. But until someone respond to me I will post on Facebook, Instagram, and any other social media and keep calling. I may just make a police report at the end of my 6th day.

No matter what time of day, day of the week, holidays, weekends, they fail. I am standing on a side walk waiting for a bus that isn't going to come because the driver’s car broke down in the Lincoln Tunnel and they didn't think to have a backup plan. I am so tired of MEGABUS never providing us customers with what we paid for. I take this bus line because I am forced to do so, there is no other company I can use to get to my parent’s house, and 75% of the time, I wait at least an hour, it's 9:30 am as I type this review, please see attached receipt with an 8:30 am reservation.

Sometimes the buses don't have air conditioning, sometimes the buses break down and you have to transfer mid route, sometimes they over book and give your seat away, sometimes they are so backed up that the last bus of the day gets cancelled, but you don't find that out until you have been waiting in the cold for over 45 min. If you have a complaint they don't fix anything service wise, all you get is attitude. Coach USA should be dismantled, they don't fulfill their agreement, they do nothing to fix the situation. It's theft, and they should be held accountable. If I was consistently late for my job I would be fired, fined, pay docked, how is it that MAGABUS/COACH USA can treat us like crap, fail on providing service efficiently, and get always with it. Our money should be refunded when they don't meet the mark within a certain time period. This is fraud.

I took the Megabus on Sun July 23 in the morning from Cleveland to Chicago. The driver was so rude that all the passengers on the bus felt uncomfortable. He acted completely put out for people to even get on the bus, wouldn't answer any questions, talked down to people that no one would be getting off the bus until he checked if it was cleaned up. The way he snapped at people made us feel like we were on a prison bus! There was no Megabus. A Lakeline bus instead with no explanation why we weren't on a bus that wasn't nearly as nice, comfortable as a Megabus. When we got to Chicago the driver threw everyone's luggage treating people like they were a complete inconvenience for even being there.

As a paying customer I find it completely unacceptable to treat passengers in this manner. I will never ride the Megabus again due to this experience. I hope for future passengers that some expectation of being treated with decency is expected.This is the first bad review I have ever written on anything ever as I am a go with the flow type person and understand when people are under pressure, but this was just ridiculous.

I waited for well over an hour for my Megabus bus to show up but it never came. I'm sure I was at the right bus stop, too. I waited patiently as many Coach buses came to the same stop and went making me wish I had just booked a ride with them. Customer service for Megabus was no help and did not seem to act very concerned that the bus was not on time. Megabus had its opportunity to make me a fan of their bus line but they blew it. If the bus had just shown up I probably would have recommended it to others by now. I don't plan to ever book a trip with Megabus again and I recommend that people just use another bus line. Be warned! Megabus is unreliable and unprofessional! You should just book your ride with one of Megabus's competitors instead!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Megabus?

This was my first time ever riding a Megabus and I was extremely appalled at how rude and unprofessional the bus driver is. First of all when I boarded the bus I observed there were 2 empty seats behind the bus driver; so I politely asked her if these seats were available. She rudely yelled at me and talked to me as if I was a dog and stated, "Those are my seats; you need to get to the back." Not only was she rude with the way she had spoken to me, but she also was rude and unprofessional for not allowing paying customers to have the opportunity to sit in those seats that remained empty the entire tour/ride.

After she sent me to the "back”, I observed the 2 last seats on the 1st floor on the right side was folded up, so a male passenger tried to assist me with getting those seats down and then my husband who was standing on the outside of the bus that was still parked with the doors open at the DART transit station, saw me struggling with the seats and tried to help me also. The bus driver saw my husband standing in the door and she purposely pressed the hydraulic door closed on my 60 year old husband. SHE KEPT PRESSING WHILE WATCHING. SHE WAS HURTING MY HUSBAND... Passengers began screaming for her to stop, people starting trying to pull the doors open.

I had a reservation for my 4 granddaughters on 7-18-2017 at 8:00 am from San Antonio to Dallas, TX. The address that was on the reservation was not the correct location for the bus pick up. I called customer service to verify location and found out that the location had been changed. I rushed to get to the other location and arrived at 8:02. The bus was still there. The bus driver was friendly, checked the reservation and told us to take the luggage to the back. I hear someone yelling and looked and there was a Megabus employee coming from a car across the parking lot, screaming at my granddaughters, telling them that they are late and need to hurry up. I told the employee that there was a mix up on the location. Still yelling, he said he didn't care and we were holding up the bus.

I made sure my family gets on the bus and start back to my car as this employee starts to follow me, still yelling that the buses have to be on time and I'm making them late. He was so aggressive. I thought I was going to have to call the police. When I arrived only 2 minutes late, the bus was still there with the luggage compartment door open and the employee across the parking lot by his car. So, the bus was not even ready to leave and if he was so concerned about leaving right at 8:00, then when I arrived at 8:02, the bus would have already been gone. I just could not believe the rude and aggressive manner of that employee.

With all the complaints I see posted, Megabus employees don't care about their customers or the image they give their company. Last time I rode Megabus, they broke the handle off my suit case and wouldn't take ownership of it, even after the employee admitted that he broke it. So, this is it, no more Megabus for my family. I'd rather pay more and get treated with respect. I guess you get what you pay for. So, sad that Megabus doesn't even care. They would do good to remember what goes around, comes around, they might find themselves out of business soon.

I've previously been on Megabus countless times before but as I'm sitting on the bus at 9:29 pm on July 14th from Houston to Grand Prairie our bus driver threatened to call the cops on people simply talking to others on the bus because "She doesn't want to hear anything at ALL for two hours." Excuse my language but this ** needs to be fired. She also said if she can remotely hear a noise she's "pulling the bus over and calling the police to escort us off the bus WITHOUT our bags." I will not be riding Megabus with my boyfriend ever again ESPECIALLY because us bus riders are the ONLY ** REASON SHE HAS A JOB. I work in customer service myself and if that came out of my mouth I would be fired PERIOD. My reservation number is with my complaint. I would like this issue to be resolved. I did NOT pay 96.00 TO be SO DISRESPECTED.

I reserved a ticket for July 5! I later called back to change my reservation in which me and the rep had an disagreement, but I made the reservation, they never sent the confirmation to my phone! I had forgotten about the confirmation not being sent until my friend reminded me! So called to let them know, and they told me, that the reservation was never made because the rep claims I used explicit language, and that the call was disconnected! They wouldn't let me speak to anyone higher up, and hung up on me! They don't give back refunds, and I had to pay for a whole another ticket!

On Mon, July 3, we had a reservation from New Orleans, LA to Atlanta, GA on the 10:20 pm bus this evening, from New Orleans to Atlanta, GA. Once we got ourselves on the bus, we were informed by the bus driver that we needed a reservation for my year old granddaughter, which, I was not aware of. I immediately get off the bus to try and secure a ticket for her, as we were told she could not sit on our lap.

At any rate the ticket counter was closed, and there were no tickets to purchase online. The bus driver put us off the bus at 10 pm with a baby. We were absolutely horrified that she would do this. We are now sitting in the bus depot trying to see if we can find an affordable hotel and pay the change fee for flying from New Orleans to New York, instead of from Atlanta to New York. The additional expenses I incurred as a result of this, put me in a financial jam. We ended up having to get a Lyft from the bus terminal, getting a hotel for the night, taking a Lyft to the airport AND paying to change our flight home, departing from Louisiana instead of Atlanta. Not to mention the $100 wasted on the Megabus that we were denied use of.

I wrote to their customer service and received the most ridiculous response, that clearly indicated that they did not even read my complaint. It's hard for me to believe that Megabus' CEO is unaware of these complaints and have not addressed them. The site makes it very difficult to track down their headquarter info. They only provide the useless email address on their site. I, of course, will never ride Megabus again. This experience has left me very disappointed and disturbed by the driver's behavior, and their customer service as well.

I often times take Megabus from ATL to Mem simply to keep from driving myself. I have had a great experience in the past. However, this trip was awful. The driver on the way to Memphis on Thursday night 06/29/17 the bus left on time but he was very rude and impatient. I gave him the benefit of doubt and thought perhaps he is having a bad day. Unlike the driver Ms ** that I had on my return trip leaving Mem 07/03/17 @ 11:45 this woman was the nastiest driver I have ever encountered. Simply rude for no reason. She told us that we couldn't talk basically. I was sitting next to the driver therefore she should be able to hear me. I wasn't loud at all. As a matter of fact she had just told another passenger that she was too loud and that was her first warning and she only had one more warning before she would be kicked off the bus.

That passenger was trying to set her music to her headset and the plug came out and she rudely told her that this is your last warning. So the passenger fell asleep and moved the wrong way and her plug came out again at this point the driver came to her seat and said something that I couldn't hear. Ms ** treated us like children. She walked the aisles as though she was trying to intimidate the passengers. I have never experienced a ride on Megabus where you could hear a pin drop it was absolute quiet the entire trip. It is such a shame to pay for service and be treated like someone is giving you a favor. Megabus I don't know where you are getting these drivers from but you need to understand something. We don't owe you ** we pay for this service and if you don't put your drivers in check we can chose not to be treated like children and disrespected and threaten to be put off a bus because we talk.

Megabus is a rip off. Megabus refuses to refund the 70.00 for round trip ticket from NYC to Providence. Bus was a no show in NYC for departure to RI. The bus had broken down. My daughter has lost the 70.00 since Megabus refuses to return it. Why should my daughter lose $$ when it was their fault. I have been messaging MB with no results. Shame on them!

My mom travel from Sheridan Tri-Rail Station to Orlando, everything perfect and on-time. Nice. On the way back Orlando to Sheridan (Tri-Rail) the driver skip this bus stop listed on the email (Ticket). The bus stop inside the Fort Lauderdale "Airport" 3:50 pm, schedule says 4:10 FLL Sheridan Tri-Rail stop. But the smart driver drove straight to 3801 NW 21st Miami FL. with all passengers, arrived to the last stop, opened the door and claim: "LAST STOP." Passengers start complaining this is not Sheridan, he empty the luggage room and left. His attitude sucks, must be fire.

My mom speak no English, she was crying, the police arrived and left. The driver go. When I contact customer service, they cover the driver ass, saying: "we have recorded the stop on Fort Lauderdale", she mention the airport and Sheridan and one next to the other. She is wrong, she was pick up from Tri-rail no airport, must be left on the same spot. So??? BAD COMPANY, BAD DRIVER, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. NOBODY WAS ABLE TO PROVIDE NAMES.

I brought 2 teenagers to meet the 10:00 pm Saturday Megabus from Memphis to Chicago. We arrived at the American Way MATA terminal at 9:40. There were many customers already there, around 40 people, some being there as early as 9:00. We all waited for over an hour, but no Chicago bus arrived. Many of us began to call customer service at 11:30 pm. The agent declared that the bus had arrived in and departed from Memphis at 10:10 pm. We (all) told him that no bus came, but he repeatedly told us we were wrong. He told us to send an email to the company. Their story never changed despite each customer backing up the truth: we have been here since 9:00, and no bus has come.

Sadly, many were stranded, abandoned in Memphis by Megabus, and all the company would say is that we would have to purchase new tickets the next day.

Another Megabus arrived going to another destination, and many of us asked those workers to help us contact someone with some authority. A worker showed us by GPS that our bus was somewhere in AR well on its way to Chicago. Clearly, it bypassed Memphis, leaving dozens of customers in the lurch. She suggested us calling New Jersey corporate on Monday. No apologies from customer service, no promises of correction - only repeating the ridiculous lie that the bus came at 10:10 pm and all 40 of us missed it. Unbelievable.

I attempted to travel from Athens, GA to Birmingham, AL. I arrived to the Athens, GA station 15 minutes in advance, as requested. The bus, however, arrived 35 minutes late, and departed 10 minutes later (thus incurring a 45 minutes delay). I called Megabus to inquire if I should even get on the bus, concerned that I would not make my connection. I was told that the bus was scheduled to arrive before the second bus would depart, and thus to take it, which I did.

As we were 10-15 minutes away from the Atlanta Civic Center stop, I called Megabus again to let them know that I (along with at least one other passenger) were about to arrive in Atlanta and inquired if the bus to Birmingham could wait for us if we were going to be late by just a few minutes. The Customer Rep said he couldn't do this. We arrived exactly 5 minutes after the bus to Birmingham had departed. I was then told that the next bus would be around 11:55 pm, and that I *might* be able to get a seat in it, with a $5 extra. There was no guarantee. Obviously, this mishap not only prevented me from attending my event but caused lots of extra costs (as I had to find my way to Birmingham the next day) and huge disappointment. Megabus couldn't care less and did not want to compensate me. They refuse to take responsibility.

First let me say I've used their services SEVERAL times since 2014 & it has gotten worse down through the years. I caught the bus on 5/23/2017 at 8:15am from Memphis to Atlanta which is a 7 hr ride. There was a customer telling us that he had just gotten off a Megabus at 6am that didn't have air. So as we're waiting the unthinkable happens. That bus with NO AIR pulls up but the driver says the air is fixed. So as we pull off, it's warm, but not too uncomfortable. 1 hour into the ride the air is COMPLETELY out. We're sweating like runaway slaves.

I file a complaint while on the bus and received an automated message stating "do not reply, allow 5-7 business days for a response". As of today, 6/15/2017 NO WORD from them. I mean HORRIBLE services. I've called 3 times & spoke with 1 manager named Jeremiah & the other named Willard. They both stated to wait for a call it's out of their control smh. They need to be shut down because they have NO IDEA what customer service is.

I will NEVER ride Megabus again. First and LAST time. My bus was delayed by an hour and yes I do understand things like this happen but there was absolutely no communication and it was horribly handled. We had no idea whether to leave or if the bus was ever even going to come at all. My return trip was equally horrible as the buses are old and stinky and the AC went completely out in 80 something degree southern heat. My curls completely sweated out and my shirt was wet like someone dumped water on me. To make matters worse our bus drivers both told us to call and request refunds. However the customer service number is a JOKE. They put you on hold and tell you they are going to look into it and then hang up on you like you aren't even a human being. This has been by far the worst experience I have had with ANY company or business in my entire life.

Horrible trip Thursday night. Guys loading bus very rude and indecisive on what they need you to do. Also bus was cold as ** and none of the outlets work when you advertised it and the WiFi did not work either which is advertised as well. I tried to get an earlier ticket. Was told it would be extra when I got a reserved seat. Someone was even sitting in my seat. Worst ride ever. Megabus has gone down to China bus status. Sad. Shame. I want less people to use this company because I know they don't care. What I put there still gonna suck. Do what you advertise before someone sues ya lazy rude **. Horrible ride. Very angry customer.

Not sure how such a business exists! Booked my travel from Buffalo to Toronto and waited in the cold @ 4.00 AM for 40 minutes and the bus did not show. I had to make alternate arrangements to get home. Customer-service responded to my query re. this and all they had to say is that they cannot control traffic and the bus was at the bus-stop at 5.00 AM. No reimbursement. Never again!

After I made reservations for my daughter from Burlington, VT to Philadelphia and back (Burlington to Boston, Boston to Philadelphia, and vice-versa), I realized that the return trip would need to be a day earlier. I went in to exchange the 2 legs of the return trip - it brought up the entire itinerary with check boxes for each trip. I checked the two legs I wanted to exchange, and I was charged a $5 processing fee. However, it only exchanged one of the legs. I contacted support to get the 2nd leg booked since their website messed up, and the response I got from Taylor at their help desk was "It seems as if you did not properly trade in your reservation causing your remaining balance to forfeit. Unfortunately we are unable to obtain those credits back. We do apologize for the inconvenience." WHAT!!! Their website screwed up and the consumer has to pay for bad programming?

Two things: The website says if the value of the trips being redeemed is greater than the new trip, you would not be charged the $5 processing fee. The two trips combined definitely was, and yet I was still charged. If you cannot redeem two trips at once, why doesn't it say so? And why does it allow you to do so? I've always had good luck with MEGABUS, but this definitely means I'll be looking for other ways of getting to my destination. No longer my first choice, and may not be a choice at all in the future. Too bad. You are losing customers with this stupidity.

Megabus has terrible service. The bus was over two hours late, so we also missed our connecting bus. I asked for a refund, and they refused. I asked them to migrate our tickets to another bus route, and they refused. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they refused. At the station, their kiosk was empty. This is incredibly irresponsible, and poor customer service. I will never use Megabus again.

I had my worst experience with Megabus. From Toronto the bus has some power issues. Charging port was not working. Also the lights were flickering. The employees know it was a faulty bus. Still they try to operate it. From the beginning driver was not able to operate bus properly. After we crossed US-Canada border in Buffalo at 11:30 AM the driver said engine issue. We contacted office. New bus will come in 30 mins but they took 5 hours. We all 40 passengers was waited till 4:30 AM without no power in the bus. It was cold and no way to use washroom. Bus was stopped in street. Your customer care agents don't know how to take calls and hangs up on customers. They don't know basic professionalism while talking to customers. This is totally ridiculous. They just read a sheet of paper given to them not allow us to speak.

This is totally ridiculous. 11:30 PM - 4:30 AM. 5 Hours waited in road. No one had food or coffee and can't use washroom. I had an interview @ 11 AM in New York. I missed the job interview and whole day was wasted. Total travel was nearly 16 hours. My journey is total waste of coming to New York and my day was totally waste. My worst experience with you guys. I need compensation for the journey. This is second time I am having worst experience with your company. Make sure buses engines are fine before send them to road. Is there anyway I can contact Customer Relations Manager or Head regarding this issue.

Good day. My 24 hours with Megabus was a traumatic experience. First let me start by saying they took my money 100.00. Miss bus by 15 mins. Not knowing I had to call right away. So I purchase another ticket. Ok remind you they have took my money already, should have learned then. But at the time only had little funds and tried to give sec. chance. Leaving Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando 7 hour layover at 12 pm until 7 am. The MEGABUS locked me and my luggage outside of the station and left me on the street. No chair, security nor a restroom at 45 degree. Didn't know where I was. I was afraid for my life. Never again. Anyone to ride MEGABUS DON'T. YOUR LIFE IS AT RISK.

So I got the bus stop at the exact time the bus was suppose to leave. I'm literally standing next to the door. I asked the guy in Atlanta "is this the bus to Montgomery." It was two at the curbside, he doesn't say anything until the bus pull off. This is an awful company. I've never had a good experience on the Megabus.

We arrived at the designated "street" terminal in New York City to Washington DC at 12:45 AM giving us enough time for the 1:30 AM departure. At 1:15 AM the dispatcher told us that the bus got cancelled leaving us on a pouring rain with no instructions on what to do next. We (3) are transients here in New York City with no place to stay. We waited for another 10 minutes and about to leave when a Megabus was drove off to the terminal. The person in charge of Bus No. DD859 with plate no. ** told us that the driver is coming but didn't let us in the bus, turned off the light & engine & sleep inside. We waited outside for another hour and when we noticed that no one is coming, we knocked at the window to ask what time should we expect the driver. He yelled and said that he don't know, said to me he don't to be there and don't bother him as he's sleeping?

At that time, another bus came, he told us he's not leaving until 5:00 am. I explained that based on the other employee who brought the bus, he is there to replace the cancelled trip. When I asked him what will happened to us? He said that he can accommodate us but we need to add $5 more each? This driver isn't pleasant either. To you Megabus investors, please train and invest in your employees to be ethical and not to a "nice looking" bus alone. Put yourself in our shoes so can feel what it's like to be treated like this in a cold rainy night? You should try to be an "Undercover Boss". I wouldn't be surprise why you have fewer passengers than the other bus company and later shut down your business. It's my first time riding your bus and got the firsthand experience. I wouldn't recommend you and your company at all.

I bought a ticket 3 weeks before my departure day, and never got a reservation number, confirmation number or a e-ticket. Call the number customer services give me. Leave several messages not response. Sent several e-mails. Finally on 4-17-2017 received an e-mail saying that they will answer me in 5 days. Five days was gone and still no response from Megabus. They got the money from my bank account, my travel day is 4-27-2017, and is a family matter for what we are traveling, still no response. BE AWARE. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

I bought a ticket for a friend, who made it to the bus stop on time. However, when she got there the only bus there was headed to ATL. Her ticket was from HOU - CHI. When we called Megabus to find out where the bus was, the lady told us that the bus HAD NOT ARRIVED!!! AND, RECOMMENDED MY FRIEND WAIT AT THE BUS STATION. When we asked for ETA the lady told us she didn't know and we could call back in 30 minutes. That was at 10:12 AM. The bus was supposed to leave at 9:55 AM. We called back at 11:00 just for a different representative to tell us the bus left at 9:33 am. So when we addressed the issue about the bus leaving too early, and started talking about a refund, he retracts his statements and says, he was wrong. The bus actually arrived at 9:33 and left at 9:55. It was all very crazy and too many discrepancy. So we asked to speak with a supervisor.

When she gets on the phone she speaks like a robot. She's very cold and unconcerned. She refuses to address the issue about her representative having my friend wait over an hour. She refuses to discuss any type of compensation, and she refuses to discuss the discrepancies. Then I asked for her information, a ticket number or anything so I could properly file a complaint. She stated, all she could tell me is her name was Monique and she was supervisor! Really! Megabus needs to be closed down! They are below standard in all aspects from riding to customer service! That's all I have to say!

I took a trip (7-14-2016) from HOU-DAL and the bus broke down delaying the trip arrival to Dallas 4-hours late. I received an email offering redemption credit for my trip (I purchased 2-tickets). When I tried using the credit, it says the redemption code used was invalid and I was charged for the full amount for the trip. I contacted Megabus customer service and they responded and said if I used customer service, I will be charged a fee. They never addressed my problem. So, I sent another email requesting service and did not get a response.

This is the second time I've not received my credit. I have a family emergency and would like to use the credit that is due to me but can't get anyone to help me and is constantly being told to call back and talk to someone else and they say they have to disconnect the call due to them being on the phone too long. It seems that Megabus is only concern with taking reservations but not concerned with helping customers resolved problems they created. By the way, I assume the customer service calls are being diverted overseas to India. Dialect is too strong to understand what they are saying. PLEASE HELP me resolve this problem.

So I traded my first date of travel with Mega bus 3 days before I was scheduled to leave. I got the credit of $34.00, but when I tried to book the trip with the credit in the same transaction it told me I had to wait 20 minutes. Then when 20 minutes was up, it told me I had to wait 24hours for an email before I use the credit. I call CS WHICH WAS VERY RUDE and told them the problem I was having. They kept saying I lost my money instead of helping me solve the problem. Never will I use Mega bus again. Never. But I do want my money back in check form or credit. This is sad that they are so rude and take people money. I will fight for my refund. I HAVE ALL THE PROOF IN MY EMAILS AND PRINTED OUT.

I recently traveled from Baltimore to NYC on Megabus. It was a frustrating trip, made more so by an apparent lack of urgency and priority to their customers. Stuff happens, as can be expected, but the poor response to these issues by the drivers, mechanics, and staff at Megabus is certainly avoidable. It should have you considering other bus lines, or the Amtrak, from DC/Balt to NYC. My trip, scheduled from White Marsh at 5 pm on Friday, 31 March departed about 75 mins. late. It arrived Saturday, some 9 hours later in NYC, for what should have been about a 3 hour ride.

At White Marsh, this outdoor stop offers little more than a city bus stop shelter from the rain and no updated information to the status or ETA of your bus. There was some confusion around the boarding of my bus around 6:15 as by then there were a number of passengers waiting on 2 later scheduled departures (both also late). Once boarded we quickly got moving to NY, however; the delays apparently caused some timing issues around our driver's permitted window. She stopped some 100 miles from White Marsh at the James Fenimore Cooper Service Area along the NJ Turnpike and about halfway to NYC. Here is where the troubles begun and the lack of customer focus was made most apparent.

If there was a need to replace the driver, why was no communication or planning made for the replacement driver to meet the bus. Instead this poorly executed replacement would take more than an hour of sitting to take place. The length of this expected delay was not communicated to us passengers. At first it was not even clear we should get off the bus to take advantage of the food and restroom services at this rest stop. Any information had to be pulled from the driver.

During this delay, the Bus was shutdown and then later had issues getting restarted. Again, not placing any urgency on getting the passengers to NYC that same night, a call was made to a mechanic who was dispatched from Exit 13 on the NJ Turnpike, some 70 miles away! Why not dispatch service via the NJ Turnpike service and get a local mechanic to quickly assess and possible correct the issue? Why not at that time immediately dispatch a new bus to continue the trip? Instead, any buses coming up the NJ Turnpike were asked to stop in and try to accommodate the transfer of seats. This was poorly organized. I half expected a riot on determining who was to get the handful of available seats on the 2 buses that did stop. This process ended once our mechanic finally arrived.

At some point a new bus was dispatched from Washington DC!!! I did make it to NYC around 1:30 Saturday morning. It wasn't until Tuesday that I again decided to call the support lines at MegaBus to discuss a refund. They were always so unpleasant when calling for some updates Friday night. To my surprise only an offer for a voucher on a future MegaBus tickets was offered. I won't take another ride on this line and I advise all to seek other means to NYC.

Megabus Company Profile