1.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 65 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 9, 2017

554 Megabus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

First, I want to state I never write reviews but this experience was absolutely horrible and extremely unprofessional. I work in an industry where customer service is our main focus and I would expect the same from other companies. I took my work team to NYC for the holiday season and it ended with a horrible experience on Megabus. A 2 hour journey turned into almost 7 hours. Of that time, 4 hours were spend sitting on the side of the highway stranded.

The Details: We boarded the bus at 5:20 pm in NYC. Around 7:20 pm the bus broke down on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike. The bus driver was very unprofessional and would not communicate any updates on the status of the situation. The only thing the driver said was a new bus would be there in 30-45 mins. Once another Megabus did arrive it could only take 8 passengers because it was just passing by.

In the meantime passengers started calling Uber and Lyft to pick them up. Passengers were running across the highway during rush hour to get where their rides were (terrifying and dangerous). Then once the tow truck did arrive it "raised and lowered" the bus a couple dozen times to get it properly mounted with all the passengers onboard. Around 10:45 pm the bus was towed with all the passengers inside (I believe very illegal) to the next exit so we could board another bus. Once we got onto the new bus we finished our journey and didn't arrive to our destination until 12 am.

I've also contacted Megabus on their customer service number and the only thing I received was a credit to use for future rides. I will never use Megabus again so that credit is absolutely a waste to me. The email I was given to contact for further assistance is not real (inquiries@megabus.com) because my email was kicked back to me saying it wasn't a legitimate email.

I highly recommend never using Megabus. They have horrible customer service and are extremely unprofessional. I'm not a lawyer and I don't know the traffic laws in New Jersey but I'm pretty sure the situation we were in resulting in passengers running across a 16 lane highway or being towed with passengers onboard is not legal. I hope you read this before you decide to use Megabus' services or lack thereof.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I booked two tickets for my grandkids to come for Thanksgiving. When they got to the station they told my 16 and 14 year olds they could not get on the bus so I lost 200 dollars. I think I should be able to get half of the money back. Now I'm left with trying to get money to drive to get them at the last minute.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

On Oct 20th, my mother and me took a Megabus from New York, to Toronto. At 7:50 am, the bus stopped for a 30 minutes break between Rochester and Buffalo. At 8:20 am, the bus had already gone and left us behind. There was no any other public transportation in that area (I really don’t understand at that night, the Megabus had the right to be late for more than 30 minutes to pick us up in NY, and also the right to leave us at middle of nowhere). My bag was still on the bus. I called the customer service (877) 462-6342 immediately in hope of tracking the bag. She only called me back for no conclusion by telling me that I will be contacted soon, but it never happened.

When we finally got to Toronto, we went to the office to report the lost item. Later, we were told that the bag didn’t go through the custom but return back to NY, and given a number (877) 462-6342 for me to contact when we return. On Oct 22nd, I called and I was told that the bag couldn’t return till Friday. I heard nothing. On Oct 27th, I called and was AGAIN given another number (908) 372-6115, Lost and Found Department. I left my voicemail TWICE. (In my mind, where is my bag??.)

On Nov 3rd, I called again and I was told that they never receive my bag!! What is going on!? She said she will email me a Lost Item Claim Form. Till NOW, Nov 14th, I received nothing but ** from the Megabus company. In her black and red bag, there were iPad, her cell phone, her coat, medicine for her high blood pressure and etc. She could go to hospital or get killed if she didn’t have any extra. The value of lost items is definitely higher than $250! The funny thing is, on the returning trip to New York, the bus driver count the number of passenger at each stop.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I travel from San Francisco to Reno once a week to teach at the University. I chose Megabus because they advertise that it has wifi connections. I thought this would be perfect to help me prepare my classes and go over my notes for lectures. However the last 10 trips I have taken the wifi has only worked twice and both times it worked on the return trip from Reno to San Francisco which is not what I needed. I have called the customer service at Megabus and all they did was say "Sorry wifi is not guaranteed on trips" and hung up. They are certainly misinforming the public with the wifi symbol placed on their carriers. It seems like false advertising to me.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The buses are almost never on time. Missed the last subway train today and had to take a taxi home because apparently forty five minutes is not a big enough cushion when it comes to Megabus scheduled arrival times. Stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Megabus?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I traveled from Atlanta to Jacksonville. I arrived in Jacksonville to have no luggage. Not sure if someone grabbed the wrong bag or what happened. But I had no clothing period for the 5 days I was there. I had to buy new things. I was told I had to wait 3-5 Business days. In which I was hung up on several times even by supervisors. I call after 5 Business days and get told to wait an additional 2 days. Which is so unprofessional. Apparently whoever has my luggage never called or turned it in. So in the event of you travelled on October 26, 2017 from Atlanta to Jacksonville and have a black suitcase with female clothing inside please email me @ **. Otherwise I don't care if I have to begin a class action lawsuit against this company I will. And NEVER again will I use this company. They really should be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

The worst company I could have ever spent and wasted money on, lost 285 dollars worth of tickets, all because I had a family emergency and needed to switch my tickets to the next day, and because it was within 2 hours of my bus departure time, they declined the switch and said I needed to purchase 4 new tickets!! I called at least 12 times to get the issue resolved, every customer care rep was rude and very nasty including the supervisors, talk to you rough and any kind of way, and even hung up in my face with no concerns about my 285 dollars, told me they suggest I purchase more, as if that kind of money is easy to come by or can be thrown away!! Screw this company, I don't recommend anyone to ever spend money with this company ever!!! They care nothing about you, only to get money. This company is a rip off!!! People like this rot in hell and stay with bad luck, low life **.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I was trying to book return ticket from Cardiff to London, as tickets are very expensive I was browsing so second attempt with Megabus. I didn't realize there was already one booking in basket so I booked 3 tickets instead 2. Later on when I realized my mistake I phoned the company and the answer was it's 24th notice to report mistake. How could I do that if I only booked tickets few hours earlier? Very disappointed with unprofessional attitude, will NEVER travel by Megabus again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Let me preface this with I am the disabled paying customer and this was my 1st time riding Megabus so I was excited to take my 9hr ride from Atlanta to Louisville. All was going great... Nice driver, nice bus, friendly patrons, clean bus. This great trip came to an abrupt halt when we had to stop to get new drivers in Elizabeth Town KY. Now as a disabled passenger I had been sitting at a front table set of chairs with another disabled lady Danielle **. Which we had been sitting in for hours. When we switched drivers the next 30 mins before we left that stop was indescribable. One of the drivers had brought his girlfriend with him. 1st let me point out again, I AM the PAYING DISABLED PASSENGER. None of that mattered as she slammed her large backpack down in the middle of our table and demanded we Move. When the Gentleman across the aisle offered her his reserved seat and he would sit in another.

Instead she demanded the table I was sitting at. And what ensued on that girlfriend's part is YouTube worthy. As that driver’s girlfriend is now cussing yelling slamming things around, all the while both drivers now are taking her part. By this time the lady (Mrs. **) across from me is recording what is happening. Feeling truly physically threatened myself at this point the other driver now threatens to call 911 and have us escorted off the bus if we said another word and did not comply. All for his girlfriend's comfort. In the recorded video, I am clearly heard saying 2 things "Ma'am that gentlemen over there said you could have that side" and "He was just saying you could have his reserved seat. He didn't mind." Finally now not only feeling physically threatened I am also becoming increasingly anxious at the thought of the driver calling the police on me and the lady sitting across from me.

So I do the only thing I feel I can and I ask the "girlfriend" if she could stand up so I can gather my things and move seats. Again let me point out I AM THE PAYING DISABLED CUSTOMER. I am completely appalled at the behavior of both drivers. However the unprofessional, unethical and unbelievable behavior of the driver who demanded not only that 2 disabled paying customers move to accommodate his girlfriend’s comfort, but who also allowed his girlfriend to speak to, curse out, and physically threaten ANYONE much less the people who keep him employed by Megabus... i.e. paying customers is truly incomprehensible to me.

This was 11:00 at night. The whole encounter made me 35 mins late and so I had to sit under an overpass at 12:30 am in Downtown Louisville Ky waiting for my daughter in law and my 2-1/2 yr old grandson to come get me. A disabled very small petite female in one of the most unsafe areas of Louisville, I know I used to live there, all because my bus was late OVER A DRIVER'S NON PAYING GIRLFRIEND. My being a repeat customer of Megabus ALL DEPENDS ON HOW WELL Megabus handles this situation.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bad business driver. Two weeks ago brought girlfriend and baby on bus. Asked myself and another woman to Move from our seated table. Got his gf and baby who in fact changed diaper on table and told us her problems with driver/ boyfriend. Today the 9th of Oct. 2017 I'm on bus and again another gf with same driver got on bus in Elizabeth Town KY and demanded us to move from the table so again another gf could sit when the table next to us only had one customer sitting. The gf got ugly and swore all sorts of profane language and it was so disturbing that even another ** man passenger called them a N Word and said he doesn't do that but this was ignorant.

I was so disturbed I recorded her erratic behaviors. I'm disabled with many health issues and my neighbor/friend sitting next to me has a port and is also disabled. I didn't complain last time, but enough is enough because I think this ride driver and ignorant gf shouldn't be allowed to do this anymore. WiFi doesn't work. Driver should be let go. And out of a Megabus job. I should be compensated for this inconvenience as much as I ride this bus Two times a week. This company will lose my business if this matter doesn't get resolved in a timely fashion. And I don't see any changes. Kids and all on bus and this woman is threatening passengers like myself and Tiffany **.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have been using the services of Megabus because I do not drive and the fares are cheap. I booked a trip on October 5 around 7:00 pm. (Reservation **). Unfortunately by oversight I made a mistake in my booking, instead of booking Toronto to Washington DC and DC to Toronto, I booked the trip as Washington DC to Toronto twice. When I realized my mistake within about an hour I called Megabus Canada call center, in Peterborough to rectify my mistake. While correcting the mistake the representative told me that the original price of one ticket which was $35 dollars is now 50 dollars and for calling in to correct the mistake I would be charged $7 plus other charges for the change etc. In total I had to pay an extra 40 dollars. Is this fair and can they do this kind of price increase within an hour? How can consumers protect themselves from this kind of price hikes?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I booked 2 trips for different days but they had the same time. I swiped left by accident and it went to my next reservation, which the attendant told me was the wrong reservation, so I swiped right to the CORRECT reservation and was told it would not be valid because I initially showed him my ticket for the next day and I would have to purchase another ticket to board the bus. Are you kidding me? It was a slip of the finger. I was also not provided a receipt for the transaction along with being harassed by the attendant following the incident. They would not issue me a refund for purchasing the second ticket despite receiving my correct reservation itinerary. Poor customer service. Actually it's non existent. Try Bolt.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Currently on the bus from Atlanta to Jacksonville. The music is way too loud and very inappropriate. The driver is too busy with a phone distraction and music searching and has taken his eyes off the road multiple times. Not a happy camper.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I bought two tickets for a friend from Oakland to LA and LA to San Francisco. Last week, the bus was late 3 hours and today the bus is again delayed 3 hours from LA to San Francisco. Today is way worse because my friend needs to fly out of the USA and we bought the ticket to arrive six hours before the international flight. I can't recommend this service to anyone and it is useless to give $10 voucher valid for a year when my friend might need to pay $300 to reschedule her international flight. Not good, just not good enough!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I got trip from Philadelphia to New York yesterday night at 9:00 pm 09/15/2017. The bus just took off a couple of blocks when I had an emergency call so I went ahead to the bus driver and asked him to let me off the bus and he agreed. I told him that I have a bag in the luggage room so that he can open it for me. After carrying a couple of bags from where I sat, I got out the bus and went to the luggage room for my other bag. Before I went in, I had to put down my bags that I'm carrying on the sidewalk.

Just seconds after I got in, the door for the luggage room rapidly closed and the bus started moving. I yelled, scream and making noises for help. I panicked because my other bags was left out on the sidewalks as I was scared cause the bus just keep moving. After a brief moment, I heard from above me someone's yelling to the driver and finally the bus stopped. The door got opened and I rushed to my other bags. How can the driver just took off like that? For the sake of my bags I had to run a couple of blocks instead of confronting him which he deserved cause I got valuables on my bag (equipment, laptop, camera, etc).

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Used Megabus for the first time this year Providence, RI to NYC. The trip was great. Clean bus and wi-fi and the price could not be better.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

After reading several reviews about the Megabus, I felt compelled to share my experience. I am a 48 yr. old female who does not like driving in the MD/DC traffic. I own a MB car which only takes premium gasoline. To be able to purchase a roundtrip ticket for only $16.00 was what I consider a blessing! This was my very first time riding the bus. I was traveling alone. I rode the bus from Durham, NC to Washington, DC. The bus arrived about 5mins early. The driver, Mr. ** was very helpful and pleasant. I sat in my reserved seat on the top deck layered in warm clothing, put on my neck pillow and my earbuds, sat back and enjoyed the ride!

The next stop was for a 15 min. rest stop in South Hill, VA. I chatted with a few of the riders while in the restroom. Boarded the bus again to proceed to Richmond, VA while still pretty much on time. Got to Richmond, passengers unloaded & a few boarded. A few realized they were on the wrong bus, and asked the driver to stop. We hadn't left the loading area yet. I think that minor incident caused a slight delay. We proceeded on to DC. We arrived maybe 5-10 mins. late, but overall we made it safely. Once I got off of the bus, Mr. ** unloaded my luggage and I thanked him for a job well done! I am very grateful for this wonderful experience and I'm praying that my ride back home will be much of the same! At the very end of the day, I didn't have to drive and I made it safely and saved a lot of money!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Purchased 2 tickets in Atlanta to go from Georgia to New Jersey, when I called to purchase couldn't hardly understand agents. It was like they were speaking a foreign language. All I could understand was that she was sending me a text with my reservation number. She failed to explain to me that I had to show driver number on bus. I was expecting to show number to a agent at bus station and get my tickets. I showed up at bus station and it was closed and the bus had taking off... no refund was issued. I would never do business with this Company ever again. Greyhound is just as cheap and better.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Travelling from San Jose to LA on Sep 5th, 2017 at 12:40a. We reserved total 5 tickets, 2 reserved and three general tickets. The bus driver while checking the tickets, she thought only 3 total tickets, and one doesn't have a seat. I told her that our reservation is for total 5 passengers and showed it on the reservation. She snapped at me not to correct her and she knows how to do her job. I told her that I was not trying to correct her, just making sure that she got our reservation right since we have two senior citizens and one child with us.

The driver was so rude and she told that she can not let us on the bus because I was giving her the attitude. The other passengers came and try to reason with the driver but she was adamant and told us that she will call the cops. I said, "Ok go ahead and call the cops. We will decide with them." Finally we got on the bus without cops' involvement but after getting on the bus I was reading the reviews and saw several complaints about similar incidents and it got me worried.

I am also concerned about my luggage that I might not receive it at my destination. I am writing this in advance of the incident. I got on the bus about 90 min ago and so far no stops. If I do not receive my luggage in LA, it is intentionally driver's fault. I will update the review once I reach LA. But I want this on record prior to the incident. I have valuable jewelry, laptops, iPad, clothes, etc in total 4 bags.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

August 11, 2017 I had bought a $45 ticket on Megabus for the 8:00 am bus from Chicago Illinois to Cleveland Ohio, we were supposed to arrive at 3:40 in Ohio. My parents live in Ohio so I say I probably do this trip a couple of times a year. This trip was unique because I specifically took a vacation day off work Friday so that I could take the early bus and make it to Ohio in time to participate in the ** Family Reunion of 2017!! It only happens every 2 years and my father was Captain of this reunion and was therefore in charge of all planning. I have to compete with 5 sisters and 1 brother for his good graces so I helped him with this planning process to give me the edge of favoritism haha.

I was excited to meet all my relatives that I haven’t connected with in over a decade, I have not attended the other reunions due to location, time and cost etc. I baked 3 dozen cookies and 2 different types of brownies to offer my relatives as dessert at the dinner Friday night. The MB left promptly at 8, which I took as a good omen and settled in to sleep for several hours. Well, all visions of my TERRIFIC nap soon vanished as just outside Gary IN (not far from Chicago IL) we broke down. The bus driver had pulled over to a rest stop and asked us all to get off the bus. She then called her mechanics who instructed her on how to fix the bus. It was very VERY technical; clearly above my head, you are going to love this…

He told her to keep us all off the bus. Drive the empty bus in a circle around the outside of the rest area and then load everyone back up and get moving again. Well..as shocking as it is.. THAT DID NOT HELP and we were soon stranded on the side of the highway, this time just the berm of the road. We rested a bit, then inched along to an exit and parked in the parking lot of a Best Western. Oh how I wish my ordeal ended there. But no we sat there for 3 ish hours as they promised hour after hour that they would send a new bus to get us to our destination. We were grouchy and hungry… so I passed out my cookies that had been prepped for the reunion, it didn't appear my relatives would get to enjoy my efforts so why let them go to waste. Well we finally made it to Cleveland sometime after 7, and as that was not my final destination by the time I arrived to my hometown I was too late to participate in the Family Reunion activities.

MB apologized in email form with vouchers. But see here is where I have an issue, vouchers are such a cop out. I do not even know if I will be using MB's services within a year and it doesn't actually cost you anything. I want a legit acknowledgement that this company wasted my time and money. I emailed them in response, thanking them but asking for a refund to my card instead as I do not know when I will use their services again and since they caused me to 1. Waste a vacation day by spending almost 12 hours on a bus (which is almost double the amount of time) 2. Miss my planned ** Reunion Event. I did not think that it was out of line with the inconvenience they had caused. I am out time and money and irreplaceable events all I wanted was to break.

Also side note, I sent this correspondence as an email to them because that is how I was told to communicate with the higher ups. Apparently there is no phone number to reach them. I received an automatic response that they told me they had a large influx of emails and would get to my email in 5 days. So I waited 5 days… no response. Here I am trying so hard to be reasonable and patient and I’m just not feeling like they care AT ALL about the havoc they caused or how it affected my life negatively. So I sent another email... citing the first email... and expanding on it. I received the SAME 5 day brush off email! MB was ghosting me!!! A few days passed and I am just still so frustrated that I decided to try calling again.

So I call, first I get a lady who was fine, nice and helpful she apologized and passed me on to her supervisor. Her supervisor is named Manny and he was ZERO help, he informed me that I would have to email the higher ups to resolve this situation. When I informed him that I had and explained that I am not getting any acknowledgement from an actual person he told me he could not help me and was going to hang up because he already told me what I needed to do and now he needed to assist other calls. I said "ok Manny why don’t you send me on to someone who can help me", he repeated again that there is nothing more to be done and HUNG UP ON ME. I am furious, how is it ok to treat your customers in such a fashion?! How can you claim to value and respect your customers and behave in such a manner.

So I sent another email letting them know about Manny's behavior and again citing my cause AND I sent a copy of that email in messenger on Facebook. The Facebook messenger sent me another company line actually THE SAME company line. And look, I get it, to you maybe this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it was important to me and I was looking forward to it, and I had worked hard to be there and to have something to contribute. I work hard for my money too and if I am going to spend it, and take a vacation day I like doing so on things I consider worthwhile. All I got out of this trip was disappointment and frustration.

Had Megabus reacted differently I may have considered using them again. But I can't have a relationship with a business that doesn't think I matter, that doesn't believe in the mission statement they most everywhere. I do not recommend anyone using this company no matter how appealing the low cost tickets look, they will only waste your time and money and you wont accomplish what you set out too. Wish I could give ZERO stars.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Driver was 40 min late on a Saturday morning with a huge attitude and no explanation; she obviously left late. Their customer service is non existent. It's tempting to take them because they go a lot of places but save yourself a lot of wasted time. They often arrive late, the drivers are usually awful and their cleanliness has been slipping. The 40 min late but with no explanation was the final straw.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My son was leaving to go to school so we called ahead for the size of luggage and what he can carry on. When he arrive he paid for another seat so that he can carry an extra bag (book bag) that can sit on the seat. A luggage guy refuse to allow him to carry the bag on even though he paid for an extra seat and made him put his bag under the bus. The bag had thing worth a lot of money and now my son book bag is nowhere to be found. I contacted Mega Bus who told me that they will put in a claim and that I had to wait 5 days. I called every day during this time with the same response.

Now that it's the 5th day I have to wait for the 6th day for the 5th day to be completed and in order for them to expedite the matter to the lost and found. I spoke with a supervisor who had no compassion and nothing to say but you have to wait until the day is completed. I called corporate office and no one answers the phone. I don't know what to do because it was over $800.00 worth of things in that bag. But until someone respond to me I will post on Facebook, Instagram, and any other social media and keep calling. I may just make a police report at the end of my 6th day.

Original review: July 31, 2017

No matter what time of day, day of the week, holidays, weekends, they fail. I am standing on a side walk waiting for a bus that isn't going to come because the driver’s car broke down in the Lincoln Tunnel and they didn't think to have a backup plan. I am so tired of MEGABUS never providing us customers with what we paid for. I take this bus line because I am forced to do so, there is no other company I can use to get to my parent’s house, and 75% of the time, I wait at least an hour, it's 9:30 am as I type this review, please see attached receipt with an 8:30 am reservation.

Sometimes the buses don't have air conditioning, sometimes the buses break down and you have to transfer mid route, sometimes they over book and give your seat away, sometimes they are so backed up that the last bus of the day gets cancelled, but you don't find that out until you have been waiting in the cold for over 45 min. If you have a complaint they don't fix anything service wise, all you get is attitude. Coach USA should be dismantled, they don't fulfill their agreement, they do nothing to fix the situation. It's theft, and they should be held accountable. If I was consistently late for my job I would be fired, fined, pay docked, how is it that MAGABUS/COACH USA can treat us like crap, fail on providing service efficiently, and get always with it. Our money should be refunded when they don't meet the mark within a certain time period. This is fraud.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I took the Megabus on Sun July 23 in the morning from Cleveland to Chicago. The driver was so rude that all the passengers on the bus felt uncomfortable. He acted completely put out for people to even get on the bus, wouldn't answer any questions, talked down to people that no one would be getting off the bus until he checked if it was cleaned up. The way he snapped at people made us feel like we were on a prison bus! There was no Megabus. A Lakeline bus instead with no explanation why we weren't on a bus that wasn't nearly as nice, comfortable as a Megabus. When we got to Chicago the driver threw everyone's luggage treating people like they were a complete inconvenience for even being there.

As a paying customer I find it completely unacceptable to treat passengers in this manner. I will never ride the Megabus again due to this experience. I hope for future passengers that some expectation of being treated with decency is expected.This is the first bad review I have ever written on anything ever as I am a go with the flow type person and understand when people are under pressure, but this was just ridiculous.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I waited for well over an hour for my Megabus bus to show up but it never came. I'm sure I was at the right bus stop, too. I waited patiently as many Coach buses came to the same stop and went making me wish I had just booked a ride with them. Customer service for Megabus was no help and did not seem to act very concerned that the bus was not on time. Megabus had its opportunity to make me a fan of their bus line but they blew it. If the bus had just shown up I probably would have recommended it to others by now. I don't plan to ever book a trip with Megabus again and I recommend that people just use another bus line. Be warned! Megabus is unreliable and unprofessional! You should just book your ride with one of Megabus's competitors instead!

Original review: July 23, 2017

This was my first time ever riding a Megabus and I was extremely appalled at how rude and unprofessional the bus driver is. First of all when I boarded the bus I observed there were 2 empty seats behind the bus driver; so I politely asked her if these seats were available. She rudely yelled at me and talked to me as if I was a dog and stated, "Those are my seats; you need to get to the back." Not only was she rude with the way she had spoken to me, but she also was rude and unprofessional for not allowing paying customers to have the opportunity to sit in those seats that remained empty the entire tour/ride.

After she sent me to the "back”, I observed the 2 last seats on the 1st floor on the right side was folded up, so a male passenger tried to assist me with getting those seats down and then my husband who was standing on the outside of the bus that was still parked with the doors open at the DART transit station, saw me struggling with the seats and tried to help me also. The bus driver saw my husband standing in the door and she purposely pressed the hydraulic door closed on my 60 year old husband. SHE KEPT PRESSING WHILE WATCHING. SHE WAS HURTING MY HUSBAND... Passengers began screaming for her to stop, people starting trying to pull the doors open.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I had a reservation for my 4 granddaughters on 7-18-2017 at 8:00 am from San Antonio to Dallas, TX. The address that was on the reservation was not the correct location for the bus pick up. I called customer service to verify location and found out that the location had been changed. I rushed to get to the other location and arrived at 8:02. The bus was still there. The bus driver was friendly, checked the reservation and told us to take the luggage to the back. I hear someone yelling and looked and there was a Megabus employee coming from a car across the parking lot, screaming at my granddaughters, telling them that they are late and need to hurry up. I told the employee that there was a mix up on the location. Still yelling, he said he didn't care and we were holding up the bus.

I made sure my family gets on the bus and start back to my car as this employee starts to follow me, still yelling that the buses have to be on time and I'm making them late. He was so aggressive. I thought I was going to have to call the police. When I arrived only 2 minutes late, the bus was still there with the luggage compartment door open and the employee across the parking lot by his car. So, the bus was not even ready to leave and if he was so concerned about leaving right at 8:00, then when I arrived at 8:02, the bus would have already been gone. I just could not believe the rude and aggressive manner of that employee.

With all the complaints I see posted, Megabus employees don't care about their customers or the image they give their company. Last time I rode Megabus, they broke the handle off my suit case and wouldn't take ownership of it, even after the employee admitted that he broke it. So, this is it, no more Megabus for my family. I'd rather pay more and get treated with respect. I guess you get what you pay for. So, sad that Megabus doesn't even care. They would do good to remember what goes around, comes around, they might find themselves out of business soon.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I've previously been on Megabus countless times before but as I'm sitting on the bus at 9:29 pm on July 14th from Houston to Grand Prairie our bus driver threatened to call the cops on people simply talking to others on the bus because "She doesn't want to hear anything at ALL for two hours." Excuse my language but this ** needs to be fired. She also said if she can remotely hear a noise she's "pulling the bus over and calling the police to escort us off the bus WITHOUT our bags." I will not be riding Megabus with my boyfriend ever again ESPECIALLY because us bus riders are the ONLY ** REASON SHE HAS A JOB. I work in customer service myself and if that came out of my mouth I would be fired PERIOD. My reservation number is with my complaint. I would like this issue to be resolved. I did NOT pay 96.00 TO be SO DISRESPECTED.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I reserved a ticket for July 5! I later called back to change my reservation in which me and the rep had an disagreement, but I made the reservation, they never sent the confirmation to my phone! I had forgotten about the confirmation not being sent until my friend reminded me! So called to let them know, and they told me, that the reservation was never made because the rep claims I used explicit language, and that the call was disconnected! They wouldn't let me speak to anyone higher up, and hung up on me! They don't give back refunds, and I had to pay for a whole another ticket!

Original review: July 6, 2017

On Mon, July 3, we had a reservation from New Orleans, LA to Atlanta, GA on the 10:20 pm bus this evening, from New Orleans to Atlanta, GA. Once we got ourselves on the bus, we were informed by the bus driver that we needed a reservation for my year old granddaughter, which, I was not aware of. I immediately get off the bus to try and secure a ticket for her, as we were told she could not sit on our lap.

At any rate the ticket counter was closed, and there were no tickets to purchase online. The bus driver put us off the bus at 10 pm with a baby. We were absolutely horrified that she would do this. We are now sitting in the bus depot trying to see if we can find an affordable hotel and pay the change fee for flying from New Orleans to New York, instead of from Atlanta to New York. The additional expenses I incurred as a result of this, put me in a financial jam. We ended up having to get a Lyft from the bus terminal, getting a hotel for the night, taking a Lyft to the airport AND paying to change our flight home, departing from Louisiana instead of Atlanta. Not to mention the $100 wasted on the Megabus that we were denied use of.

I wrote to their customer service and received the most ridiculous response, that clearly indicated that they did not even read my complaint. It's hard for me to believe that Megabus' CEO is unaware of these complaints and have not addressed them. The site makes it very difficult to track down their headquarter info. They only provide the useless email address on their site. I, of course, will never ride Megabus again. This experience has left me very disappointed and disturbed by the driver's behavior, and their customer service as well.

Megabus Company Information