Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Lyft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: May 13, 2021

They borrow money for a week at a time. They call it a temporary hold. I asked him what's the reason for holding my money a week to pay for a ride they did not respond even though I asked multiple times. Not add they have had me late to work the last 2 day.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Lyft drivers are constantly canceling their rides. I will be assigned a driver, wait 15 minutes as I see his car slowly coming my way, only for him to cancel and disappear. Lyft then assigns me another driver this time 20 minutes away, who cancels again. I’ve been canceled as many as three times in a row. I’ve even taken the step to schedule a ride in advance and when the time comes, be assigned a driver 30 minutes away who cancels after 15 minutes of waiting. Completely useless for doctor's appointments. Get it together Lyft.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2021

No hello, how are you and my name is... No help with luggage. No air conditioning. I ask him to turn on the AC and he says no. I took off my mask for a moment to breathe and he gets angrily arrogant and puts us out. I wanted to end the ride but he rudely told us to get out. Did he dislike a ** person in the vehicle? Never had issue with an unfriendly driver. No courtesy; cold and arrogant. $31.00 for that attitude 12:30 am? NO. Driver who took us to the airport was a gentleman and conversational. This one was cold and arrogant. Bye, bye Lyft.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I have used Uber for years, but now that I am flying Delta more often, I decided to try Lyft for an early morning pickup going to the Atlanta airport. The driver never showed up and never contacted me to advise of problems. I realize that many drivers work for both Lyft and Uber, but the frustrating issue for me is that there is no way to find a phone number or contact information to register complaints. Sorry Lyft. My first ride will be my last.

Original review: April 28, 2021

The Lyft drivers are the most incompetent people I've ever seen. Probably because most of them are on drugs I haven't seen daylight in years. This company hires anybody but the same people that are criminals and has no high school education or college education. They take their word at face value. Lyft suspended my app over a covid-19 violation. That's what they sent me an email and said. But they cannot show a picture of me without a mask in the car. I always had on my mask in the car. But I did make a complaint because they had a driver - she had a problem with me whining down the window in the back. Every time I wind down the window she wound window back up. She wanted the AC on. I told her no!!! Then she started coughing in the car while the windows were up???

Lyft likes to talk about protocol. Their own employees don't go by covid protocol. When you get into a car make sure you check the back door. Their employees are always locking the back doors and locking the passengers in. Smh. That's very dangerous. In case of an accident you cannot get out. If you don't repeatedly give these drivers 5 stars they do vindictive things like say you did things that you didn't do. Never leave a driver a tip. The tip never goes to the driver. It goes to the company. You come out better just catching a cab nowadays. It's cheaper. So go a block and a half of the street is $40. In a cab is $6 and the bus is 2.50. You asked me it's time to boycott Lyft.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Terrible company. My husband forgot his glasses and asked me to bring his glasses to his work. And he ordered me a taxi from his account. Less than 10 minutes later someone called the taxi driver and said that he had taken the wrong client. I called my husband to confirm that he had made the order from his account. But the driver did not want to listen to me, and ordered me to leave the car. When I refused to go out of the car in the an unknown place, in the dark, he called the police. If you do not want to stay at night, in an unknown place, for your money, don't use the Lyft.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I have used ride share before, but this was the worst experience ever. We scheduled a ride on Sat Mar 26 about 430pm. When the driver arrived we started to get in and the back seat was SOAKING wet with god only knows what. The driver made some comment about it was because of his prior passenger. We declined to sit on the wet seats. 3 days later I received a "safety violation notice" from Lyft for not wearing a mask. Needless to say as healthcare providers our masks were in place as required. I will never use Lyft again. BEWARE.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I booked a ride for my boyfriend to get to work back in Jan 2021, and they showed up on time. Great! I booked another ride 2 days ago (Mar 2021) 4 hrs in advance for a pick up at 9 pm, for my boyfriend to go to work. THEY NEVER SHOWED! Instead, they texted me at 10 pm (a whole hour past pick up time), saying they canceled his ride because of no driver. Well, needless to say, my boyfriend lost his job because he didn't show up for work. This company sucks! They are unreliable and unprofessional. So, please don't use them for any important business! I will never use, nor recommend their services again. Period.

Original review: March 23, 2021

On March 21, 2021 at 4:41 PM I paid $70.37 for a ride from the Philadelphia Airport to Glen Mills, PA. It was only 19 miles. A ride to or from the airport from my house is usually $30-$40. This was price gouging. There was no reason for the ride to be this much. Nothing unusual was going on in Philadelphia. I complained but Lyft said it was a fair price, It was not a fair price by any means.

Original review: March 20, 2021

A few days ago I needed a ride to Target, no problem. I had my mask and the driver had theirs. Needed a ride home, a ** guy was my driver and through the app, he texted that he was at my location waiting for me and, he drove up to where I was standing in front of Target. When he saw me, he turned the corner and canceled it saying that I wasn't wearing a mask which again I just came to Target through Lyft and I couldn't have gotten a ride if I wasn't wearing my mask. So, I had to schedule another ride home through Lyft which went smoothly. Again I was wearing my mask and the driver had his mask on.

I even set a profile photo of myself wearing my mask while outside of Target. I told Lyft what happened and they took the driver's side even though I had proof he was lying, he had no proof at all but, a fake safety violation that he sent to Lyft when he canceled. I really hate that they're expecting riders to pay tons of money but, can't even believe a word they say. -5 stars. I can't wait until they close down.

Lyft author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team