1.55/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

344 Lyft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been driving for Lyft for almost a year now. I have high ratings and (as I’ve been told by many Lyft employees in the past) my driver account is in great standing. All of a sudden my account was deactivated without any prior warning at all. I was driving for Lyft full-time so now I’m scrambling to find another source of income.

All this is due to a background check provided by Checkr. I’m really mystified as there is nothing new in my background that wasn’t there a year ago. I have zero convictions. Anything I have has been dismissed or is withheld adjudication. Even then, these are minor misdemeanors. No accidents, no theft charges, no violence, no sexual predator charges.

I have sent emails to both Checkr and Lyft. All I get is canned responses that seem as though they were cut and pasted from their websites. Nothing specific to me. My last follow-up emails didn’t get any response at all from either company. I have provided a year of great service to Lyft customers and then this. All this has really blindsided me and I think it's just really terrible.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Lyft could not provide an explanation as to why my account was temporary deactivated. I had no clue this was an result as to why I could not request any rides. I certainly did not request for this action to be completed and I had to settle for an Taxi in another state unexpectedly. I'm beyond furious for not only the horrible customer service communication but for how this was mysteriously done without informing me.

I attempted to request an ride and could not due to an error message stating to contact Lyft. I sent an request to the help desk to see if this issue could be resolved. I did not receive correspondence until 3 days later, not within 24-48 hrs as promised. When the customer service rep responded he requested my personal information to identify me. Once I sent correspondence with the information as request, the rep replied back with insensitive stating "After investigating the issue with our risk team, I'm unable to re-open your account." No explanation as to why!!!

So I replied back "I'm not understanding why my account cant be re-opened due to the fact that I had no clue there was even an issue. Thank God for Uber, Lyft appears to have repetitive issues with not only GPS routing services but with your customers as well. Most of my colleagues have had issues with you all and nothing has been resolved. So I'm not surprised nothing has been accomplished. The communication that you guys have to offer is absolutely pointless. It's obviously clear that Lyft is a poor company and issues can't be resolved. Please delete my account as well as any of my information associated with this crappy services. I will also be leaving an review so that potential customers don't make the mistake in spending any money with you all."

The rep replied promptly "Thanks for following up! Legally, we cannot release any additional information except that we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service. We will be in touch if we are able to reopen your account in the future." My last and final response "Again I do not understand, please advise how my account violated your Terms of Service? I rarely used Lyft. This is certainly unfair and does not make any sense. Please deactivate my account. I do not want to be associated with your company. This is why you guys services have increased tremendously. I'm almost certain I am not the first customer you guys have lost today!"

Please do not waste your time dealing with poor customer services as explained above. This was certainly a waste to even reach out for help, nothing was resolved. I also still have no clue how my account violated Terms of Service when I've only used Lyft approximately 4 times. Also check your accounts and make sure that you are not overcharged. This tends to happen frequently and you may have to dispute charges with your bank. As you can see the customer service is useless! If I could give negative rating I would! - Below 0. :(

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Looking at all the horrible reviews that I now see I am no longer surprised that my card was charged for a ride that I did not take. It seems to be that this is common practice by Lyft drivers. To update rides or to not cancel the destination. THIS IS FRAUD! Changing someone's ride creates an authorization for a new charge that you did not consent to! On Sunday 02/10/2019 my driver picked me up at my requested location and then dropped me at my location that I requested. The initial fee was 10.53 cents with (my 5% promo code) for my UNLIMITED SERVICE. I was charged 30.88 to be dropped of 1.9 miles. Now I email Lyft and they are insisting that I updated the ride which I DID NO SUCH THING! Back and forth! I dont want a free ride I JUST want to be charged the appropriate fee! My REQ CLAIM is ** and I am hoping that LYFT is honorable to see the truth in this matter.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I moved to NYC from London recently for work. I was a very frequent Uber user in London, spending an average of 600-700 USD a month on it. Moving to NYC I decide to give Lyft a try. Used it a few time already and yesterday finished work and trying to catch a cab home. I request Lyft and I immediately see it’s extremely far and will take too long to arrive. I cancel the ride within SECONDS. No cancellation fee occurred.

I then open my Uber app and find a cab that is nearer so proceed to order and ride home with the Uber. While I’m almost home I receive a notification “your LYft is almost there”. I am surprised and upon inspection of my app seems that Lyft had automatically reordered me another Lyft after my cancellation. Which I was not aware of. Let me repeat: I never ordered another Lyft. And I was now forced to cancel this lyft that had been ordered on my behalf. Obviously I get a cancellation fee of about 6 dollars. I write a message to the customer service explaining the situation, they get back to me the next day only to say “you are not qualifying for refund - you need to pay for the drivers wasted time”.

Well with the only different that I NEVER ordered this cab! I assure you they had not even bothered to read my message or if they did they were unwilling to give a good customer the benefit of the doubt? They can unlawfully take my 6 dollars but I can assure you they will not get another single penny off me since I won’t be using Lyft ever again.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have had multiple incidents with Lyft and they have taken no responsibility. One guy swerved to get off of the freeway. This happened just about a couple weeks ago. The most recent incident occurred a few days ago. This guy seemed high and did not adhere to my request to turn down his awful music. I have sent a complaint to the BBB as these people refuse to apply credits to my Lyft account and keep saying that they are cognizant of these issues. Well, suffice to say that it's baloney. They don't care. By the looks of the reviews, I am not alone in my frustration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Wednesday, February 06, 2019/NYC/after 5PM/light rain. I attempted to get a ride home with Lyft because there was a promotion for $10 off. From December 2018 to today, I had been using Uber services daily, twice a day. Saving $10 sounded great. I entered my pickup location in the middle of the block because on the one end, there were puddles of mystery liquids all over – I am in a leg brace, recovering from ACL repair surgery and do not think I need to risk my life, health, and limb to get into a cab. The other end of the block is near a fire house; it is a one-way road and having a cab pick me up there would potentially delay a fire truck that is responding to an emergency; I’m not keen on having that on my conscience.

Attempt 1 “Unal” – I watched as the driver approached, passed me, and drove away without even pausing to look for me. Driver cancelled the ride when he was two blocks away, according to the gps on the Lyft app. Attempt 2 “Tornike” – I received text message notifications that the driver had arrived and the map indicated the same. However, once I located the vehicle (matched the car model and license plate to what I was shown on my screen), I watched a man accompanied by two small children get in the car. The driver then drove away, and cancelled the ride with me.

Attempt 3 “Zaman” – Broadway is a three-lane road, with parking on both sides. I reached out to the driver the please pull over on the passenger’s side of Broadway, since that is 1. Where I was waiting and 2. It would take me quite a while to cross the street with my leg brace hindering my range of movement (I would like to note that I have no problem with crossing over, but it would be inefficient to have the driver wait longer than necessary/hold up traffic). Driver pulled over on the driver’s side of Broadway. It started to rain at this point and my view of the far side of the road was blocked by traffic.

I reached out to the driver through text message to try and locate him. He then called me and proceeded to tell me that he deliberately pulled over on the driver’s side of Broadway because it was more convenient for him. I told him that I was crossing over now and asked if he could please wait five minutes for me, because that is how long it would take me to reach his vehicle. I was approaching the taillight of his vehicle when he decided to drive away, and I got the notification that he cancelled the ride.

I’ve heard horror stories from passengers who used Uber, Lyft, Juno. I wasn’t assaulted or verbally abused. But this is beyond ridiculous; three drivers cancelling on me for no apparent reason within a span of twenty minutes. Twenty minutes may not sound like a lot, and it wouldn’t be, had it not been windy and rainy, combined with constant pain from my ‘bad’ knee, and aching from standing too long on my ‘good’ leg. My hands were shaking from the cold, but I had to keep them out with no gloves on, in order to keep the Lyft app going on my phone every time a ride was cancelled on me. I just wanted to get home safely. Before yesterday, the last time I had used Lyft was June 2018. Needless to say, I will not be using Lyft ever again, nor would I recommend this service to anyone. This was not worth potentially saving $10.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

After landing in Houston I requested a ride from Lyft. I was sent the location to meet the driver and a photo of the driver. After getting my bags a received a call from the driver saying he was there. When I got to the location. He said he would be. He was nowhere to be found. I called his phone but no answer. However I shortly received a message that I was charged a $5 cancellation fee.

After several attempts I finally reached someone from Lyft to dispute the charges. He said he would cancel the $5 charge and he did. However the next day I was charge over $6. No explanation of why. Again I attempted to talk to someone but there is no monitored numbers. They all led me to their website to launch a complaint. I consequently called my bank and block Lyft from EVER charging my account. I won't ever be needing them again. If you are reading the reviews before you use their service you are a smart person. If you never use their service you are a wise person. I wish it would have done my research first.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I scheduled a lyft for the Boston airport. The driver never showed. I tried to call and text with no response. That is not acceptable. I scheduled an Uber at the same lot and location and they picked me up with no problem in two minutes.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I went with a group of friends to a NJ Devils vs NY Rangers game at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. After the game, we requested a LyftXL. We were told a driver named Rishi (driving a black Toyota Highlander) was 2 minutes away. Over the next 15-20 minutes, however, he did not get any closer, and when we called him (more than once) to try to organize a more convenient pick-up location for him, he continued to say that he couldn't get to us because roads were blocked. However, we were standing at a major intersection of unblocked roads, and moved to various street corners in hopes of making the ride more convenient for him. He continued to argue with us saying he couldn't get to us, so we canceled the ride.

We then tried to get another XL from another one of our accounts, and Rishi ended up accepting this ride as well. However, the same issue ensued, and this time he even told us that he was outside at the location we chose although he was not. He, again, argued with us incessantly, using foul language to three of us who each got on the phone trying to help direct him to the location. While this was all happening (over the course of about 45 minutes between the two Lyft attempts), his location on the map was not moving, and we could hear people in the background of his phone laughing. It was clear that he was not trying to get to us. We again had to cancel the ride, and again request an XL, which at this point was surcharged to over $100, a $30-40 increase from the original price.

This incident not only cost us an additional $30-40, but also cost us 45 minutes of our time on a weeknight as we tried to return home for work the next morning, as well as undue stress as we roamed around the streets of Newark in freezing temperatures at 11pm. It is clear that the driver was accepting rides with no intention of picking up passengers, so that he could collect $5 cancellation fees from various customers without leaving his apartment.

Since the incident, I have spoken with other Lyft costumers who have had the same experience with other drivers. It is clear that Lyft is not vetting their drivers well (if at all), nor are they holding them accountable. After reaching out to Lyft various times about the incident, no action was taken against the driver, and our money was not refunded. I have never had an issue like this with Lyft's competitors. It goes without saying, I will not use Lyft again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am a driver for Lyft. I started this on December 29, 2018. I was told that once I completed 100 rides I would receive a $500.00 bonus. Although I only do this part-time, I had completed the 100 rides by January 14, 2019. I contacted support multiple times and was given a different issue date for the bonus each time. I have emails from call center representatives to back this up. Finally I was told that I would be paid out in one to two payment cycles once the promotion ended on the 27th of January. Today is Feb 5th and guess what...no bonus. I will be switching to Uber. So if you are considering driving for Lyft please beware and don't expect your bonus payouts.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

On 01.02.19 I took a ride from 107 Ave and Indian School to the Verrado Community in Buckeye AZ and my phone was left in the car. I emailed customer service to have the driver return the phone and after multiple attempts, I was informed they locate the driver Drew but he was unresponsive. I find it hard to believe they were unable to communicate to this driver the seriousness of this matter and have him return my phone. As of now, the phone is still active as he is using it. I need people to know not to trust the drivers from this company Lyft as they are dishonest and thieves. The company does have a customer service number available for immediate resolution of cases which require urgent and immediate attention. Go figure! Please refrain from using this company for any means of transportation.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

On Friday February 1th 2019, I McArthur requested a ride from Lyft. After I entered my destination in the system a link popped up telling me to ride will cost me $11.55, I confirmed the ride. Right after I arrived to my destination Lyft sent me an email to advise me my bill is $37.63. That was a surprise to me because that wasn't the bill Lyft showed me before, I had no choice to accept. The next day Saturday February 2nd 2019, from Miami international airport I requested a ride again to North Miami Beach FL. A link popped up showing up it will cost me $ 14.67 with the promo code. After I got into my destination another email has been sent to me from Lyft showed me a different bill than the one I was initially notified. I think that's not fair, Lyft won't find me anymore. I definitely done with it.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I am a driver for Lyft. I have a 4.9 rating and that speaks for my personal record. This is about Lyft service itself. Maybe what a lot of passengers don't know is that as a driver, we know very little about the passenger we are picking up. As a matter of fact, we only know one important thing, the distance to pick up the passenger. We don't know how long the ride is or where it is going until we pick up the passenger. We also don't know if it has multiple stops until we get to the first stop that the driver is going to. This leads me to the complaint. In the past two weeks I have had a scenario such as this; I pick up the driver and drive them to where they are going. When I drop them off I find out that I need to give them a return ride.

Many times the driver says "I will be a few minutes" and you get paid a whopping ".10 a minute" to wait for them. Ok if it's a few minutes that is fine. But, the last rider I had said "I shouldn't be more than an hour". OMG!! I am to wait there for an hour at $6.00 an hour waiting for this person? So, I said that was unacceptable. Now, I have had this happen in the past and I cancelled the ride midpoint expecting to get paid for half the trip. But, NO. That's not how the app works. You lose the entire fare if you cancel. I contacted Lyft and they tell me that there is a way to cancel the trip but the option they talk about is not available. I am told to "Delete the app and reinstall" and I do. Again, I pick a rider and the same situation happens again.

So, I contact Lyft customer support (which, by the way, is only an option when you are in a ride. If you are not in a ride the only way to communicate is through email. WHICH IS A JOKE because you ask a question and you get an answer 4 hours later that has nothing to do with the question so you ask again and again and then they just stop communicating with you).

So, back to my point. I call customer support and we waste 20-30 minutes going through the screen menus and they finally realize I don't have the option. I am again told to delete and update my app. And, I am promised that I will receive my fare for half the ride. But, once again, they cancelled the entire trip. I AM NOT A CHARITY WORKER! If their app does not work and it cannot terminate a ride I should not be the person who suffers monetarily but I have on more than a few occasions. I am done with Lyft. Pathetic excuse for support and they just really don't care about their workers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

On Monday January 28 we waited more than an hour for a ride with little or no information and finally received a text telling us to wait another hour and half bringing the total waiting to more than two hours in cold weather of Detroit airport forcing us to take a taxi cab with more than 100$ charges. There should be a better mechanism to inform the customer of unavailability of drivers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I dropped my phone in a Lyft certified car. I have documented and was charged for the ride. Driver acknowledged she found it. I attempted 8 times to meet her to retrieve it or send a FedEx label to have it sent. After more than a week she tried to extort cash from me to get it back. I filed a complaint with Lyft and Customer Service responded indicating I could retrieve my phone for a fee of $15. The Customer Service representative also indicated that they would follow up with me as to which "Lyft Hub" I could retrieve my phone. I have received no follow up but have since been charged the fee, I do not have my phone and I have no correspondence as to where my phone is or when I can get it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been a long time rider with LYFT but that is OVER. I had a driver pick me up a couple days ago in Buffalo, NY. As usual, I took the back seat. I was preoccupied with something on my phone and did not realize the driver had an "unauthorized third party" - a female companion - who was riding along in the car until we were a couple blocks into the ride and after the driver had deviated from the route, driving through several unfamiliar side neighborhoods as a "short cut". I reported this incident to Lyft and requested a refund (or credit) for *this* ride. The refund was requested because the driver VIOLATED LYFT's contract with me - their customer.

Per LYFT's grossly substandard (seriously - it's hot garbage) customer service department - I "should have" canceled the ride in the middle of a trip and exited the vehicle *in a strange neighborhood* and then called a new LYFT to take me where I wanted to go. Seems legit - it totally makes sense that I should not only put myself at additional risk by escalating a situation with a driver who CLEARLY HAS NO REGARD FOR THE RULES AND PROTOCOLS OF HIS JOB - but also I should pay 2 base fees for their ill-trained driver breaking their contract. LYFT's outsourced "Quezon City" customer service team has not only lost this company. MY business as a longtime rider but also ensured that the app was uninstalled by the 3 OTHER RIDERS in my household who also previously used their service.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Lyft has many incompetent drivers with attitude. Some of them don't speak English. And some drivers don't follow the correct map navigation that end up in wrong pickup or drop off locations. Which in the end the passengers have to pay for it either for penalty charges because they couldn't locate you or they simply leave you without ride. There are a lot of flaws with Lyft ride services. Not only I am not going to use their services, but I highly discouraged all for requesting Lyft ride services. Please read all negative one star reviews from others.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I took Lyft home several times. I had a young man with a beat up car with a loud muffler. It was a miserable ride. I gave him a 1 * rating and no tip. Next thing I knew I was getting $100 damage fee stating that I broke the glove box and I was sitting in the back seat! I contacted customer service. They refuse to return the money to my account or allow me to ride with them until it was paid. They took the money from my checking account. I now have Wells Fargo investigating. Worst customer service ever. There's no proof that I broke anything except pictures but still not proof it was me. There are wrong fares that they overcharge for and refuse to reimburse you the money.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I am a taxi driver. I pick up a passenger name Hannah and her friend at **, I was already in front of the location that I was supposed to dropped her at **, the call was a shared ride. However, if I am at the end of the trip I am not supposed to get a call while completed the call. I cancelled the new call and Lyft system cancel the entire ride. They are refusing to pay me. On her system, it is not reflected the location that I pick up Hannah however it is show a dot where I dropped her. Beside not getting pay a decent payment for my ride now I will have to deal that they refuse to pay me using their power to control as always what we earn and what we not.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

On my last ride with Lyft I was mistreated, I asked the driver to lower the music so I could hear my phone call, she didn’t and complained if she lower it she could feel asleep. She also dropped me 15 minutes walking distance from my meeting, so I arrived late to my work meeting. I complained to Lyft requesting a refund, they said they will take actions with the driver, and haven’t heard from them again, this has been my last ride with Lyft.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have had 2 great rides with Lyft, but recently my son's car was hit by a Lyft driver and we discovered how absolutely horrendous the Lyft insurance is. This bears considering because if you are riding in a Lyft car and there is an accident, you will have to deal with their insurance. I naively assumed their insurance would be very professional and responsive, but Lyft must have shopped the bargain basement for insurance because I have never encountered more rude, deceptive people.

They kept pressuring us to release the car to them without a settlement agreement; they lied; accused our body shop of lying; one rep went so far as to hang up on me when I tried to explain how I knew our body shop was being honest. They never asked if my son was ok or needed to see a doctor, and without exception, every person we spoke to was unpleasant. We won't use Lyft again just because if there happened to be an accident, we'd have to deal with this company again.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Since Feb. of 2018 there have been fraudulent charges taken from my bank account from Lyft almost a daily basis. At times, 2 to 3 times daily, some charges are in the 40s and 50s. They have sucked my bank account dry and I have done everything I am supposed to do in regards to getting them to pay attention and remedy this! If it were just a few dollars, it wouldn't be such a big deal, However I have worked 12-hour shifts thinking I was saving money when someone somehow began charging Lyft rides to my account. This went on from Feb. until Oct 2018. As soon as it was discovered I had to freeze everything! These add up to thousands of dollars. In October alone there are 16 rides - that was a slow month. I need to ensure this gets out because this is not just pennies and I didn't become a nurse to care for others just to have my money taken!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

On 01/17/19, I took a Lyft ride with Rosemary. I had left my phone in her car. I have proof that she acknowledges that she has it and is refusing to return my phone. It is now 01/22/18 and she has still yet to return my phone. I have been in contact with Lyft support and each time, she states that she will return it to the Lyft hub in DTLA, she keeps changing the date. First, she had agreed to drop it off on 01/18/19 and no response from her until 7 pm, "I got busy working and will drop it off tomorrow." Tomorrow comes, 01/19/19, the day goes by and she has not dropped it off to the Lyft hub. I am continuously attempting to make contact with her but she is not responsive to my phone/text attempts. Lyft contacts me that she indeed has my phone and has agreed to turn it in on Monday.

Monday 01/20/19, approaches and still no word from her. I have Lyft reach out to her again and they write back that she has responded and will return by phone via mail (later in the week.) At this point my patience has worn thin. I understand that I left my phone in her car and I have made every effort to make contact with her for me to meet her and just have her confirm that indeed she will drop it off. Lyft has been cooperating by reaching out but it feels as if there can be some type of loophole.

Despite the driver acknowledging that they do have my property, there are protocols or procedures in which the driver should return in a timely manner. Or how long would I have to wait a month, two months... for me to get my phone back? At what point in time, does this now become stolen? It's like a loophole for your items to be stolen without any repercussion. So, don't leave anything in your Lyft car because Lyft will only assist with reaching out to the driver but not hold them accountable when it has been agreed to be returned.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I was promised if I signed up with Lyft that I would receive a $10 bonus per ride for the first 20 rides and then once all 20 rides are completed I Would receive another $200 bonus. I completed 20 rides and they said no $200 bonus after 20 rides. Just the $10 a ride for the first 20 rides. I drive for Uber and they actually called and had me sent to an apartment where they talked me into signing up with them and I only did because of what they promised me and now they don't want to pay. I can see this company will promise things but will not deliver once you are signed up to drive with them. I wish I would of said no and just stayed with Uber.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

As a driver for Lyft, I have found the hard way how poorly this company developed its services, I remember all the negativity Uber was getting in its beginning and how Lyft was supposed to be the Hail Mary everyone was waiting for, now their true colors are out. Lyft is just another one of those companies that only cares about their pockets, they seem to forget that we the contractor drivers are customers too, and without us there is no service. They keep overreaching into your pocket. After what happened to me today I will stop driving for them. They need to learn to listen to their drivers on how to improve on the app, also stop cutting so much into our share of the fares, pay the cancellation fees to the drivers as it should.

In my case, I cancelled a pick up after waiting the required time which, by the way is too long. I went out of my way to try to find my passenger(s), I could not contact the passenger(s) because of a speech disability and the app did not offered me the option to text the passenger. I was lucky they only stole a couple of bucks from me, but I'm sure they done this to other drivers too, and 2 from me and 2 from another few thousand drivers becomes a hefty sum, also the principle of the matter. It is the issue.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We use Lyft almost daily to send our disabled daughter to and from Starbucks, usually with great drivers and success. Last night we used their “reserve ahead” option to arrange for a Lyft to the Oakland Airport. The car was supposed to be here between 5:40 and 5:50 a.m. this morning, but NO LYFT! At 6:00 we went back to the App for another Lyft. It was supposed to arrive in 14 minutes. Lyft changed us to another driver after several of those minutes. He also was supposed to arrive in 14 minutes. By then we just cancelled and drove ourselves, knowing if we had to wait 14 minutes more we’d miss our plane! It made our day very difficult!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

They never bill appropriately where credits apply. Whether it's credits issued because the driver or ride were unacceptable, or the application of credits you are due because of a prepaid ride plan, one things you can count on CONSISTENTLY is Lyft's overlooking credits you are due. I have had to fight for my credits via a customer support email every time I have one to apply. How they suck is incomprehensible. Don't get a DUI!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I took Lyft for a 10 minute ride 2 days ago from my doctor's office to my workplace. Approximately 5 hours after the ride I received an email advising I was being charged a $50 damage fee. The driver claimed I spilled juice in her car. I had nothing in my hands other than a very small purse. I had no drink or fluids of any kind with me. I contacted Lyft several times and they are deciding to believe the driver and will not refund the charge.

I have seen many reports of this all over the internet and I believe it is a fraud that they have going on. I don't know if the company is doing it or if the drivers are doing it but regardless it is fraud and really should be looked into. I personally think there should be a class action lawsuit or they should be put out of business. I use public and private transportation instead of having a car of my own so they just lost a lot of money. However, I still feel that I want to see some type of Justice for this fraud. I will never use them again and will continue to post as many places as I can on the internet and social media about this so other people are not scammed as well.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My boyfriend and I needed a ride while we were in Las Vegas. He decided to hire Lyft and in turn installed the app on his phone. We are an older couple and this is not something we usually use. This all happened on 11/1/18. At first he was just trying to figure the app out and while he was fiddling with it accidentally hired a Lyft driver. He tried to cancel it and couldn't figure it out and neither could I. So we got charged a cancel fee of $2.00. We finally were able to successfully arrange for 2 rides back and forth to a convention we were attending.

However when we got back to our hotel, he made a butt contact and it sent a driver. My boyfriend didn't even realize it till he received a text from the driver saying he was there. Then we got charged $10. The worst thing we ever did was install that app on our phone and it was deleted after that adventure. We tried to get our money back and they would not refund it. So A 12.00 ride back and forth ended up costing us $24.00 and we would've been better off catching a taxi. Shame on you Lyft for taking advantage of people.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

LYFT DID NOTHING TO HELP ME!!! I WAS CHARGE OVER A 100 DOLLARS FOR RIDES I DID NOT TAKE! AND RIDES FROM ANOTHER STATE ON TOP of that! You guys should get sued! Providing proof and still did nothing!!! Customer service sucks! And I will be taking further actions!!! ** off Lyft and kiss my **!!!

Lyft expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

• Best for: Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs