1.59/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 17, 2018

161 Lyft Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 17, 2018

I scheduled a ride for 6:15, have to be at work 7:00 and you people canceled my damn ride between 6 am-6:17. That's crazy!!! I'm a loyal customer.Look up my name. I ride Lyft all the time and due to no available drivers I almost lost my job after I scheduled a ride ahead of time. I just want answers!!!

Original review: April 16, 2018

As soon as we started the ride, I asked the driver to turn on AC for some cool air in back seat. He said his AC was not charged and told us to just crack windows for air. We were on a 55 min ride and I was going to a wedding and had my hair done before the ride. So I had to either ride in the heat or roll down windows.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation & Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I have been driving for Lyft for about a year. I have a plus size vehicle which of course takes a lot of gas. Recently I have been given rides that are 30 min away so I have been calling the passengers to let them know to find a closer driver. This I know has happened at least 5 times within the last month and I only drive about 4 times out of the month. Last night once again I get a ride 26 min away. I accept it. I get within 3 min of them. It's a military base in case you didn't know. You do need ID. I called the passenger to let them know I could not get on. They cancelled.

How about LYFT blocked my driving for the rest of the night. And reduced my rating and that I could be deactivated REALLY. Let's see had my truck detailed, filled my tank up, drove out of my way didn't receive not 1 red cent plus could not drive for the rest of the night. I have never received complaints, dependable and this is how you treat the people who represent you. Lyft is not a job that you can make money at all. Once you pay for gas, tolls, and maintenance please the only thing that's rewarding is I enjoyed my passengers. Maybe I can find another company to drive for. I'm done.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I ordered two different rides in which the drivers never showed up. Lyft charged me $10 for each ride despite them not showing up. Finally, the 3rd driver shows up, he wouldn’t let me out in front of my door instead chose to park across the street. I needed to unload something from his trunk so instead of waiting on me he drove off with my groceries in his trunk. I will NEVER use Lyft again. I recommend that you use another service as well.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Hello I would like to see if I could get my story Fox 5? I recently became an approved driver for Lyft and I have a speech impediment but I was recently discriminated on against Lyft. I began driving with Lyft around Feb or March 2018. While driving for Lyft my ratings were good, they were up and down for a couple weeks but mainly they were up. I was driving for the Washington/MD/VA area and it included Charlottesville VA and Fredericksburg VA, Richmond and Lynchburg VA. I drove to Charlottesville for a trip and decided to make some extra money. I picked up a passenger in Charlottesville VA and dropped him off in Richmond VA at about 12:45 am and he smelled like alcohol and he sat on the passenger side in the back seat.

The next morning I received a ride request from a passenger so when I arrived to pick her up she got in my car on the side where I picked the drunk guy up and she immediately said, “I will take another Lyft,” and got out the car even before pulling off. She canceled the trip. So about 5 min later she requested a Lyft again and so I did not respond and the call got canceled. About an hour later she called or emailed Lyft to report I was intoxicated or under some kind of substance. When I got back home I received an email from Lyft saying, “A passenger reported you being intoxicated or being under the influence of a substance.”

I then emailed Lyft saying that this allegation was wrong and I was not or have been intoxicated at all that day and I emailed them telling them about the other passenger I picked up, that smelled like liquor and the smell could have been him. Lyft emailed me back saying that my ratings were bad and that multiple drivers called in about me. They did not want to address any more allegations with me and they said they were going to deactivate my driver's account and they did. I was able to get in touch with Lyft and explain but without calling me first or giving me a chance. They deactivate me.

Then they also responded back with an email letting me know about my ratings at that point. Nowhere does it say I or any driver need to maintain a 4.7 or higher. This need to be posted on Lyft's website so drivers can know and not be surprised at any one time. When Lyft called me they did not want to properly address these false allegations regarding discrimination and being intoxicated. They went from being intoxicated or my score. Lyft needs to address this. Lyft has a lot of discrimination along with it. The public needs to know that Lyft messes with their drivers and the ratings because at one point I had a 5.0. I checked Consumer Affairs online and complaints and they have 155 complaints. Some companies like mine.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: April 9, 2018

I've used Lyft here and there for years and haven't really had a problem up until now. I recently used them on my friends birthday, and a week later I noticed two extra charges on my card from them. I tired to dispute it. One charge was for $5.00 and the other was for $12.90. While trying to dispute it, they sent me a receipt from a ride I got in 2015, three years ago and already charged on an entirely different card, and tried saying that was one of the charges in question for $5.00. They never sent any proof of the $12.90 charge. Ultimately, they told me they couldn't refund me simply because they were made from my account, even though they showed me actual proof that one was a double charge from 3 years ago, and no proof of the other. I will no longer be using their services ever again.

Original review: April 7, 2018

This company is going backwards. Used to be great but want to be like everyone else. Know mess with the bonus so you can’t get them. Mess with your rating so they can get rid of the good people. Can’t make any money know sending you calls far away and hidden the drop-off spot so you can’t see if you will be worth your time. The customer service sucks. Don’t even answer you unless they want to. Not paying people for cancel rides when the person does not show up or prime time but charge the passenger for it. Been doing this for over 2 years and they don’t care about the people they work for. The driver hidden behind an app to Lyft is ripping off the drivers more and more and breaking the law, saying you work for yourself but treats you like an employee trying to force you to take calls or they shut your app off.

This company is worse than Uber now or trying to be like them. The star rate is a total scam to get rid of good drivers and passengers. The Phoenix area is really bad to drive in. Know bad people too many drugs and drunks college students to deal with and they don’t care. Just so everyone know the love the short trips the charge 2.49 booking fee plus 3.50 for 5.99. The driver get a whole 2.80 and 90% of the time no tips at all and you can have up to 4 people. That’s a total rip off and if you’re new they only pay 75% not 80% so you only get 2.62 to do all the work. Use your car and gas has gone up but nothing for the driver. This company is starting to get bad for the drivers. I been told they don’t check the cars. Lots of them are in bad shape and they keep them going to they go through so many people.

Today there no bonus unless you want to make 2.62 a ride for 60 rides but remember you pay for everything not them. I used to like Lyft but I think Uber is still better than them with all these stuff today. They’re trying to make all the money they can until the government shut them down. Don’t waste your time. Will get rid of you no matter how long or good you are. Star rating scam plus you get nothing from them but a hard time when your app start crying. Work for yourself. That’s a total lie. The IRS and the federal government and state need to stop helping company like this saying 1099k. No health benefits or nothing but an old run down car that you can’t fix afterwards and make sure the close down them. They’re just like the same old cab company. Know just hidden behind an app today. It’s sad that Lyft is going bad now.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The drivers did not show up and last 3 times and charged all 3 times, except got refunded 1 time. The problem seems to be that the drivers are not truthful to Lyft as I even had conversation with them that they were at the wrong place. Maybe it is Lyft's navigation. But anyway for 2 times that I got charged Lyft wouldn't even response to my emails. I had been a supporter of Lyft because of their good service and fees but unfortunately I had to use Uber instead since Lyft's no show ups.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I tried to request rides April 2, 2018 to go to Dollar General at 9:00 PM to get some food and water, but the Lyft driver never showed up and picked someone else up in my place instead and charged me $12.42. Then for the next trip I tried to schedule Lyft charged me $10.00 to go to Dollar General in Braxton MS, but never showed up again and picked somebody up in Piney Woods instead of taking me to the Dollar General in Braxton MS. Then, the third time I tried to schedule a pick up the people denied me transportation again and I was trying to go to 350 W. Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39205. I have a scheduled appointment to go to in the Adult Medicine Clinic to see if I could see about my eyes and get some eye drops for my eyes.

The driver at Lyft still did not want to accommodate me with transportation and I still need a refund for $49.32 for a trip I tried to schedule, but the lyft driver never showed up and I am consistently losing money for being denied transportation that I need right at this very moment. I used visa card ending in ** for my transaction for my transportation request for April 3, 2018 for right now to 350 W. Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39205 at the Adult Medicine at Jackson Hinds Comprehensive in the Medical Mall. I was refunded the $12.42 from yesterday's transaction and transportation request to Dollar General, but I was not refunded the huge amount of money I spent on today for $49.32 for a trip to 350 W. Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39205 , the 1st floor to Adult Medicine in Jackson Hinds Comprehensive in the Medical Mall.

Please make sure this driver or any drivers for Lyft know that they cannot deny customers for no good reason at all for transportation and their permit to do business or transportation requests should be taken away forever in the United States and worldwide. Their service should be terminated! I needed to get to Jackson MS for an urgent medical appointment my eyes are very important to me and I need to be able to see! That is why, I am trying to get to 350 W. Woodrow Wilson Ave Jackson MS 39205 in the Medical Mall.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Work extra hours for that $75 bonus. It showed up on my dashboard. That I was 2 clients short. When I call them about their era I was told it would be in my acct. Within 48 hrs. It never was deposited. When I call them for the 3rd time I was told that I would have to wait until next paycheck. Not what they said when I originally called. I've been working with them for 2 months. It's been a customer service nightmare dealing with these people. From getting a rental vehicle to 30 day inspection to text message with wrong return date to giving me a vehicle with expired tags. When a rock crack the window on the beltway they took $151 out of my check in 1 week but can't get me my bonus on time. ** these bamas.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I too, am a driver of almost 2 years and I have to say, it's becoming very discouraging. Lots of changes and update have taken place but it has only hindered the drivers in the aspect of pay, time and gas. The whole SCHEDULED RIDES concept? TERRIBLE for the driver! They allow drivers to "so call claim" a scheduled ride only to give it to someone else most of the time unless there's no other drivers around. If you don't accept the ride, your rating is affected. If you accept the ride and cancel, your rating is affected. It seems like anything you do or don't do wrong in their eyes will affect your ratings with possible deactivation.

They give you false hope in trying to plan your day by claiming scheduled rides. They will reroute to another ride while in route!!! Simply Outrageous. Somewhere, somehow, the algorithm for Lyft Line is horrible as well. I've always loved Lyft... I am now, beyond frustrated and enjoy Uber much more. Uber also will pay you more, more often, and chance are you get longer rides with Uber... At least I do. :) I got a lot to think about. I don't like feeling this way when driving Lyft because I don't feel so much disappointment while working other gigs. I don't expect it to get better. I am just merely expressing my frustration.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I been in the transportation business since 1995. After Lyft and Uber started operating as transporter, I lost my company and I been ask to join, after two years I realized that those companies are using the drivers as slaves, and they discriminate against minorities, they overcharge customers and they underpay the drivers. They claim that you make $35 an hour and the truth that you are making around $7 an hour. And if a rider complains about you with no proofs, they will terminate you, like you never worked with them, so hypocrites and they are above the law. I really want to take them to court, and peoples needs to know what kind of companies they are. Am hurt because was my source of income for my family.

Original review: March 24, 2018

The addresses on my Lyft receipt didn’t match the addresses entered into the Lyft app. I requested a to my home from therapy. If the addresses on the receipt were used, I would have never been picked up or arrived home. I emailed my concerns to Lyft. I immediately received a response that the charges were correct. An automatic response, l am sure. I never questioned the charges, I questioned the information. They can manipulate the information that I entered and that’s really not good. I deleted my account. WHEN THE DRIVER TOLD ME THAT THE APP WAS CATCHING UP, I should have known something was wrong. They stole from me.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Was charged a $10.00 cancellation fee for a ride I never ordered. Spent hours trying to get a response from them. There is absolutely no way to speak to someone, it is all email and very aggravating. Impossible to get a resolution so now I have to go thru disputing on my credit card. Such a hassle over $10.00 but at this point it's about principle. At least with Uber you can speak to a human being. Will never use them again and will make it my mission to give them a bad review anywhere I can. I hope the bad publicity is worth the $10.00 to them.

Original review: March 22, 2018 I am a driver for LYFT in Albuquerque NM. I have been a loyal employee for almost 2 years. I have given nearly 3000 rides for them. Suddenly my account was put on hold due to a false accusation by a drunk who is also a college student. She claims I punched her. LYFT is my primary source of income and I am suffering as a result of this. I cannot get in touch with a real person at LYFT and they will not answer my online questions. If you are considering driving for LYFT keep in mind that any passenger can make a false report against you and they will deactivate your account without keeping you up to date with the investigation. There is

NO Employer loyalty in this company. All they care about is using you to make money for themselves.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have been using Lyft exclusively for a few years now (since 2016) and encountered no problems, until Sunday, March 18, 2018, when I called for a Lyft to take me from the Doubletree Hilton in San Pedro to the Long Beach Airport. Right from the get-go, the driver kept telling me he wasn't used to the area, was really from San Diego and had been on the way back there when he got a call to pick me up. He seemed very nervous, so I tried to help him out (since he said his GPS wasn't working right) and I opened my GPS and started reading him directions.

My directions said to get off the freeway (I forget which freeway the driver was on; it was confusing because I don't come from Long Beach and was only in Southern California to give a reading). He exited the freeway, and I started reading him directions off my phone. After about 15 minutes, we didn't seem to be heading towards an airport (my phone said we'd get to the airport in 15 minutes). I asked him, "Are you sure we didn't pass a turn?" And he said he was sure. 10 more minutes. Then he said, "Oh, now that I think about it, we did pass that street you were telling me about". I was so shocked, I said, "When?" He said, "About 15 minutes ago". So I told him to turn around immediately and head back to the freeway.

He then took the NEAREST freeway, which was not the freeway we were originally on, and I was starting to panic, because I had a flight in less than an hour. Finally I asked my GPS for "another route," and started giving him directions for that new route. He followed it for about five minutes, then exited the freeway. Again I was surprised, because my GPS hadn't said to exit the freeway. We wandered along, and I was really getting pissed, but he said we were "nearly" at the airport, I saw that we were on a main road, so I decided to chill.

I was still looking at my GPS. We were close, when he suddenly turned onto a side street, only blocks from the airport. He acted suddenly very sure, and we went all the way down that street, me getting more and more anxious, until he stopped in front of an office building and said, Here we are. I said: "This is not Long Beach Airport." "But according to my Lyft GPS it is."

I wanted to jump out of the car but I couldn't leave my suitcases! I told him to turn around and take me to the nearest gas station. He did turn around, and at the next big intersection, as I was desperately looking around, I saw a HUGE SIGN: LONG BEACH AIRPORT. I told him to go there, and he kept saying, "Wow, my Lyft GPS is so bad!" As soon as I saw other cars, I told him to pull over. I took out my bags, and he kept saying, "Let me check the back seat in case you left behind your wallet."

The upshot is: I got charged $79 something for a ride that should only have been $37 something. Not only that, I almost missed my flight. I made it onboard only by agreeing to Pay JetBlue extra. I complained to Lyft several times. First they said they would take steps that I would never be paired with that driver again, and would reduce the fare I was charged. But I wrote them back and said, "Thanks for the reduced charge, but I don't think that driver should be driving ANYONE ever again".

Original review: March 20, 2018

My first time using Lyft I find out that their drivers don’t have to speak English so when he took us to the airport he took a wrong turn and dropped us off 20 minutes away from where we were supposed to. I hired him to take a key back to the condo he picked us up at and the key never made it there. When I contacted Lyft not only would they not give me his phone number but they never made contact with him and said they’re not responsible. My only recourse they said was to involve the police. Are you kidding me? He stole from me and is still working for them. What a racket! This was my FIRST and LAST time using Lyft and I’m making it my mission to tell everyone not to use them.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My experience with the driver was fine, but the Primetime + 250% charge was ridiculous. My ride should have been $15, but then add in the $40 Primetime + 250% fee, and that turned into $60. I could have taken a taxi for $20, and guarantee this is what I will be doing next time...

Original review: March 17, 2018

There are few times in life where a complete stranger can touch your heart and win you over in just one sitting. Today I was lucky to have such an experience... AND A LYFT DRIVER AT MY SURPRISE! I ask myself how is it possible to undergo a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) in a matter of minutes? Maybe it was her comforting smile upon arrival that seemed to calm my anxiousness from running late. Maybe it was her radiating spirit that magically kept my two five year olds in a trance. Or just maybe it was her compassion exhibited when I reported my sudden emergency that prevented me from proceeding to my final destination. These things could very well be variables at question but it is factual that in unfavorable moments life throws us curve balls and even passing figures have the ability to leave their mark. Deirdre ** this review could never be good enough. You are truly a prize.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I accidentally left my phone in my Lyft on January 25th. I reported this issue many times from January 26th until mid February to no avail. I overlooked an email they sent regarding the matter sent on March 3rd. The email stated I had 30 days to make arrangements for pick up. I sent them a message today (3/16) asking to arrange to pick up the phone. They scolded me and told me, "You have donated the phone," and that I should have been more proactive. I have multiple documented email chains describing how their driver Kelvi refused to bring back my phone. They are an unscrupulous business and I advise anyone reading this to use any other available service. THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DOLLAR FROM ME.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have never used Lyft and don't have an account with them. I was fraudulently charged twice on the same day (March 15, 2018), totaling $75. I attempted contact to make them aware and hopefully suspend the driver or person who originated the charges. There is literally no phone number that works properly and the online 'help' has no way to address this issue. Good luck to anyone who actually chooses to use this company. I can't imagine how screwed over a person will be when actually choosing to give them personal information.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I was happy to see that Lyft started the request a ride in advance feature where the website literally states: "Skip the Stress: Schedule Your Rides in Advance: Peace of mind. It’s one thing you can never get enough of — which is why we created scheduled rides. Did you know you can schedule standard Lyft rides up to seven days in advance? Whether you’re catching a flight or a show across town, you’ll have one less thing to worry about." I booked a ride from Brighton Lodge to SLC two days in advance to be picked up at 4:15 am to catch my 7:03 am flight. I woke up around 3:45 am and the Lyft app said that my ride would be right on time. The app showed my driver and said he was 26 minutes away.

As time went on, the car disappeared and it said "searching for drivers" at 4:25 am (10 minutes after my pickup time). I was a little panicked so I sent a message through the Lyft "help" function and received an email that another driver was coming, but they were 28 minutes away. This was cutting it close but I hate missing flights so I purposely allowed extra time, just in case. I was watching the app and suddenly that car disappeared as well. Shortly after, another car appeared so I immediately called the driver to make sure he was coming because I was running out of time. He told me that location I was at (Brighton Lodge) was geographically close to him but the road that connects the resort where the other drivers were located (Park City, UT) is ALWAYS closed during the winter so they were actually over an hour away (the Lyft map was wrong). He ensured me that he was all about customer service and he was headed my way.

After about 30 minutes went by, I received a call from a different Lyft driver that was calling to tell me he couldn't make it to my location. I said it was okay because the other driver would be showing up soon. I waited about 30 minutes and called the driver that was on his way to check his location and I was shocked when he told me that he was with another customer about to pull up to the airport. I then received an email from Lyft stating "Sorry about that" and apologized that the drivers canceled and recommended that I submit another request to be picked up. I was irate at this point! I was obviously going to miss my flight and I had NO faith that a Lyft driver would ever show up so I had no other choice but to call a taxi from Salt Lake City.

He arrived promptly and took me to the airport as fast as he could. I missed my flight and ended up on standby; my son and I spent over 8 hours sitting in the airport until we finally caught a plane back to Dallas, TX. I spent much of that time trying to speak to someone at Lyft to explain the problem with their map and to give them my opinion of the blatant false advertisement on their website but they purposely do not take calls at all, only emails. They offered me a $10 credit towards my next ride, which was an insulting way to remedy the situation. I wrote back again and explained what happened in more detail and so they increased it to a $20 credit, which is nowhere near the cost and hassle of a missed flight. I wrote back and asked how they could have the whole "Skip the Stress" statement on their website when, to me, this was clearly false advertisement. I am still waiting for a response and I doubt I will ever get one.

This company is very unreliable and they have terrible customer service. I do NOT recommend the "Schedule Your Rides In Advance" feature if you really need to be somewhere at a certain time. The drivers can cancel on you at any time and leave you stranded. If there are no other drivers nearby, you will be stuck without a ride for an unknown amount of time, so you may miss your flight or appointment. For the most part, when you schedule a cab in advance, they will show up on time and they don't have the option to cancel on you at the last minute. Lyft must revise their Schedule Rides in Advance feature so that the driver is required not to cancel at the last minute, otherwise this service is totally unreliable. Until then the statements on their website about this service constitute false advertisement.

Original review: March 12, 2018

My friend's phone fell in the car. Contacted the driver right away who confirmed he had the phone. When it came to arrange returning the phone, the driver was nowhere to be found. Customer service was extremely useless and unwilling to even try to reconcile the situation or take on any accountability. Terrible customer service, will not be taking Lyft again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have been trying to fix incorrect ride charges for the last 4 days. There is absolutely no way to accomplish this. Lyft Customer Service only uses email and they cannot understand what they read. I have sent my complaint in writing twice. I requested 6 times from the help button for a rep. To contact me with no solution. Lyft keeps sending me back my email telling to read the website. They refuse to call. Uber fixes problems right away. I keep accurate accounting of my online activity. I know if I am experiencing these problems getting the incorrect charges fixed others are too.

It is time to make this company understand they cannot make it so difficult to fix incorrect charges in the hope people are too busy and forget. Lyft cannot steal customer's money. I had stopped using Lyft last year for another pricing issue after much work I could not fix. This time I am not going to let it go. Do not use the Lyft service. If you have a problem the company will not respond.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have driven for both LYFT and UBER in one of the biggest cities in the US. Here's the honest truth. Uber is head and shoulders better than Lyft. Here's why. Lyft would have you drive 12-15 miles to pick up a passenger to take them 5-6 miles down the street. Tell me how is that making the drivers money? Uber on the other hand, if you have to drive 12-15 miles to pick up a passenger, rest assure that passenger is going further than the 12-15 miles you drove to pick them up. Another thing is this, Lyft will cancel a ride on you if you have to go a different route than what they are seeing. Example, I had to go pick up a passenger and the route to her home was blocked off due to construction.

I called the passenger and told her that I will have to take a different route to get to her and she said ok. Lyft saw me going another route and instead of sending a text asking why, they cancelled the ride on me. Uber has never done to me. NEVER! Uber will send you another passenger when they see you are 2-3 miles away from dropping off a passenger in your car. That way you have another passenger lined up without having a wait.

LYFT wants its drivers to use an AMP and try to make it look legit, but behind the scenes, they are not anywhere close to UBER. Another thing, they will send you notices of power zones. I have driven to the power and sat smack bang in the middle of the power zones area and didn't get a passenger for over an hour. Come on now! Why have your drivers drive to power zones if you can't guarantee them a passenger or two? If you want to make money and save gas from driving around, go with UBER.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I've used Lyft a number of times successfully in Wisconsin, Minnesota and California, with only a few minor complaints about either the driver's choice of a route or the drivers' vehicles. Next time, however, I will spend more time to research other options when I need a ride. Two of us rode Lyft to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport (Terminal 2-Humphrey) on March 2 and March 4. Our first ride was at 9:35 AM on Friday with a total cost of $28.97; the second ride was at 11:33 PM on Sunday with a TOTAL COST OF $82.79. Our first ride lasted 28 min 8 sec and covered 21.9 miles; our second ride last 30 min 0 sec and covered 21.69 miles. Neither ride was during a busy traffic time and date traffic was light or, at worst, normal for the times of our rides.

I understand "prime time" rides and that the cost of two identical rides can vary from one day to another or from one time to another. BUT, IS AN INCREASE OF $53.82 REASONABLE? Does a fare that is $4 and change less than 3 TIMES THE PRICE OF THE FIRST RIDE, taken 2 days earlier, seem reasonable to anyone? The Uber estimate for our ride on Sunday night was $55; the cost of a taxi for the same ride would have been in the $50-$65 range (based on my research on local taxi sites). It's more simple to see a fare estimate on the Uber app, so when I saw $55 I MISTAKENLY assumed the fare on Lyft would be somewhat similar. WHICH SERVICE WILL I CHOOSE NEXT TIME?

Then, to add insult to injury, when I tried last night to contact Lyft online, I found it IMPOSSIBLE TO GIVE MY FEEDBACK AND LOG A COMPLAINT. There is NO PLACE on the Lyft website for "feedback" or a complaint. The best they provide is a long list of ways you can rate your driver and a section called something like "Ride and Fare Issues" that provides only Lyft-generated choices of words to express your issue. NONE of those choices provided a way for me to give this feedback; consequently, I am submitting my complaint I on this website, on Yelp!, on Google, on Facebook and any other social media platform I can find. I feel angry, frustrated and COMPLETELY ripped-off. My advice to potential Lyft customers: GET AN ESTIMATE before you ride EVERY TIME.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Why is Lyft so trash? Every single time I order a Lyft ride they end up leaving with your money. They don’t put in any effort to look for you. They park in a secluded corner of the parking lot and as soon as 1 minute passes they fly away. I remember one time I tracked down my Lyft driver and when I knocked on the window she said I took too long and left me standing right there in the parking lot. Never considering you guys ever again. Uber’s everywhere from now on.

Original review: March 4, 2018

LYFT Fayetteville NC. My son left his phone in Juan’s car and he returned it the next morning with no issues at all! LYFT was great to deal with and would so recommend Juan as your driver. He made an Army Mom all the way in NY very happy! Customer service rep Marie was great to also deal with and she was very timely with her responses thru email. There are honest people still in this world!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

Lyft advertised that you could make up to $35 an hour and then next month they advertised that you could make up to $40 an hour. On the absolute best of days I made $15 an hour, but that was only for an hour or two of the time I worked that day. I would usually make anywhere from $3-$8 an hour. That’s including tips.(Which I never get and I do mean never.)

On my second drive a rider damaged the lock to my door. I sent Lyft an email and followed the instructions. Then when I opened the follow up email it stated that I would have 24 Hours to respond! WTF! By the time I opened it the email was already expired and since there’s no phone number to call I was out $500!!! To fix the locks and another $300 for new rear tires since I got a nail in my tire while driving. $800 total and that’s not even adding all the gas I’ve spent, cleaning supplies for the car and the miles. And yes I know you can deduct this on your taxes but only a percentage. Since I do not own my car I cannot deduct the standard rate of .53 cents a mile. This job has literally cost me money, which in my book makes you guys nothing more than a scam. Oh and now the signup bonus is $1,000 and I got $200. I don’t think I’ve ever hated a company as much as I do with Lyft. I’ve never felt more screwed over in my entire life.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I called a Lyft to go to the emergency room and when they got here he called my phone. I told him that I had fallen and I was walking very slow with a cane and I was disabled. By the time I got to the door he was pulling away and then I was charged a $5 cancellation fee plus taxes and I am very displeased. I will never use the services again.

Lyft expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

• Best for: Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs