Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.78/5
Based on 1,356 ratings submitted in the last year

Lyft Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Lyft drivers arrive on time and get me to my destinations safely. They generally use the highway which somehow feels safer to me. Yet, I only use Lyft when I have my spouse or a friend with me so that I can feel safe during every ride. Most drivers are very friendly and chatty while others stay focused on the road and only say hello and sometimes goodbye. Every Lyft driver I have encountered have clean vehicles which tells me that they are diligent about their work. All things considered, Lyft is preferable to a taxi because it's more professional and much easier to access.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Usually cheaper than Uber in my area. The cars usually aren't as nice but they get the job done. I always have great conversations with Lyft drivers as well, just seem like more down to earth real people. Wish they were just a little cheaper but still had value. Don't recommend them at Midway airport Chicago, or Uber for that matter, take the train as the line to get a car is ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

The drivers have been consistently friendly and courteous. They have arrived on time and got me where I needed to be on time. My only concern is I use the same route to and from the airport and the cost varied. I’ve been unable to reach Lyft via email or phone to ask them why the same route varied as much as $10. Not sure how the others handle a customer question but Lyft fails totally in this aspect.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We needed a pickup from our daughter's home in Manhattan Beach to LAX and normally the traffic into the airport is just ridiculous, so when we drive, we go really early. This time we used Lyft and the driver knew a back way into the airport that avoided that whole Century Blvd. entrance and we were there very fast with no stress. Good trip, nice tip, everyone's happy!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Lyft have always helped me every time I asked the driver for a favor. They will go above and beyond. For instance, I am able to schedule more than one location on the app, the day before, and when I asked for more stops they have always billed it for me. But I'll always try to buy them snacks or drinks for the favor. They are always so friendly and helpful! Uber driver didn't care about where he was kicking me to the curb, didn't care that I didn't know how to use their app, didn't care that I lived. I'm glad I scheduled to drop off my daughter at school first, so she wasn't there to witness her scared mom with no ride home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: March 18, 2020

I made this reservation two days in advance, told my parents to be ready at 4 am, Lyft was to pick them up @4:10-4:20 am. Lyft never called or came by, my parents are 70 plus years old, and I feel this is very crappy service I got from lyft. I will never call them or recommend them to anyone, when I reached out to customer service they seemed not to care and did not give me a reason for a no show, and I am out of pocket for airline tickets because I trusted lyft to get my parents to the airport, they are a joke and not worth your time or money, save yourself a headache and use someone else,,

Original review: March 11, 2020

My family and I recently took a Lyft ride in Queens, NY with driver Dildeepak while on our way to attend a funeral. Hours later I noticed an additional charge on my bank account in the amount of $100.00 for alleged "Damages". My family and I were not carrying any items on hand or food and I am confident that we did not cause damage to the driver's older model vehicle because we always check before leaving the car that nothing ie: cell phone, purse etc. has been left behind. The driver never informed us of any "Damages" upon arrival. Lyft is refusing to provide details of the alleged damages and the proof of photos they claim to have. There is no way to prove that a prior passenger did not cause damage and driver is blaming it on me. This driver is clearly scamming me and there are multiple reports of Lyft scams on Better Business Bureau as well.

This company must be held responsible for their false accusations and robbing people of hard earned money. I have rode Lyft multiple times and have a good track record so one would think, that would have been enough proof for them to side with customer and question the driver. They refuse to refund my money still. Please investigate this company ASAP. They should be out of business for allowing clients to be financially abused and causing this amount of anxiety towards clients that are respectful passengers. Thank you.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I was a fan of Lyft until they started allowing shady practices by their drivers. The 1st was when a driver lied and said they picked me up...and they didn't. This driver drove all the way to where I was supposed to go and acted like I took the ride. The second most recent situation was the last straw! A driver stated I caused damage to their already dirty back seat when, I wasted a few ounces of tea (that was cleaned up). Lyft immediately sided with the driver and charged me $50. When I clearly pointed out that the car was already dirty, Lyft changed their story and said that the area needed to be "disinfected". (I guess because of Coronavirus.) Is this standard practice to change a damage fee to a disinfectant fee when convenient?

Original review: March 8, 2020

A year ago, I was drugged while in a bar. Not only did I lose my phone in a Lyft and end up having to purchase an entirely new device, the employees of lyft and the driver would not respond to police requests for information. Now, I've lost my phone in a lyft and the driver has had it for almost 48 hours, clearly with no intentions of returning it. Again, customer service has been no help and I am going to have to purchase an entirely new device. For a company that uses their social dispositions to their advantage when it comes to advertising against Uber, I find it remarkable that the customer service is unable to do anything for its consumers besides tell us to hope the driver responds. I am also incredibly shocked that I still have no answers about a traumatic experience that happened to me because they just didn't answer officers. Abysmal.

Original review: March 1, 2020

My driver assaulted me this morning. He was trying to kick me out in a random neighborhood and tried to lie and say that was the address that I requested. I have a witness who was there when he verified my drop off address with me. I refused to get out but he didn't grab my arm to try to get me out. He instead kept pushing me, technically further into the car because he was pushing me on my right, towards the driver's side. He was screaming just a few inches from my face, saying "GET THE ** OUT OF MY CAR" and "YA, I'M PUSHING YOU, I DON'T GIVE A **." Witnesses called the police for me but I originally tried to call myself and they didn't help me until after he assaulted me and someone else saw it and called.

Lyft expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

• Best for: Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team