Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.74/5
Based on 1,344 ratings submitted in the last year

Lyft Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Lyft drivers arrive on time and get me to my destinations safely. They generally use the highway which somehow feels safer to me. Yet, I only use Lyft when I have my spouse or a friend with me so that I can feel safe during every ride. Most drivers are very friendly and chatty while others stay focused on the road and only say hello and sometimes goodbye. Every Lyft driver I have encountered have clean vehicles which tells me that they are diligent about their work. All things considered, Lyft is preferable to a taxi because it's more professional and much easier to access.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Lyft have always helped me every time I asked the driver for a favor. They will go above and beyond. For instance, I am able to schedule more than one location on the app, the day before, and when I asked for more stops they have always billed it for me. But I'll always try to buy them snacks or drinks for the favor. They are always so friendly and helpful! Uber driver didn't care about where he was kicking me to the curb, didn't care that I didn't know how to use their app, didn't care that I lived. I'm glad I scheduled to drop off my daughter at school first, so she wasn't there to witness her scared mom with no ride home.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Rideshare saves me only about $1.00 or less. Point to point is never same price. Maybe uses algorithm supply and demand? About 1/3 cost station cabs which surcharges $2.50 more for credit card. I did not take advantage up to $20 credit new customer and was not retro. I fractured shoulder and cannot drive since Dec 27. I may take subscription for 1 month yet as it is daily rate sometimes 3 cars daily with Dr and PT and visiting my sister in subacute. Satisfied. Most my rideshares only me but longer roundabout trip.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My daughter was a heavy Lyft user (she's a non-driver), so last year when I was unable to drive due to surgery, I gave it a try. I happen to live in a well-served suburban area so I never had to wait more than a few minutes, and the cars were always very clean. It worked out quite well for me. It got pricey the time or two I took a longer trip. When visiting New York in the middle of it, I met up with friends who were so ingrained in using such services that they talked about "catching an Uber uptown"... as several yellow cabs sailed right past us.

Original review: March 9, 2019

There must be a much better way to contact LYFT with a problem instead of pouring through layers on the app to make contact. Other than that I love that there are so many available drivers and that we have the option to share, thus reducing costs. So far, all drivers have been just fine and I only had to wait once for a longer time than usual on Christmas Day 2017 because of snow. I love that the average wait time is six minutes or so.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Drivers are very inconsistent (7/10 ignoring the message sent ahead of time) in following pick up instructions to pull into our driveway and have pulled off when we motion them to park in the driveway in front of our garage to pick us up. We live on an extremely busy street and it's VERY unsafe to pick us up curbside. Also, pricing is VERY inconsistent by whole dollar amounts and some change when we have the same three rides M - F at the same times. I go back and forth to work about a mile away 2-3 times a week and he goes to the bus depot at the same time 5 days a week. Getting help from customer service is useless, especially when drivers don't come to our pick up location, but let the time run out, charging us $5 for a no-show. I've complained that a driver TOLD me he was doing it while refusing to show up and never received any attention to the matter from Lyft customer service.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I downloaded the app and made an account. I requested a ride from my house to the mechanic's to pick up my Jeep. I never heard back. Nothing. Nada. Nunca. Ever. I deleted the app and closed my account the next day.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

My first Lyft trips in Philadelphia all got super quick response, with pleasant drivers and some good tourist suggestions. Introductory rates made it especially affordable; overall I am encouraged to do this again in other cities or even when needed in my home area!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I was waiting for the ride I ordered but GPS sent the driver to the wrong location. I contacted him and gave him directions to my actual location and he did arrive. It wasn't his fault but he apologized. Nice guy.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Lyft is always reliable, safe and more cost effective than Uber. I have had only pleasant drivers and appreciate receiving text message updates. The Lyft company has made even traveling to and from the airport less stressful.

Lyft expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

• Best for: Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs