Lyft

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was nervous when I first tried Lyft. But to even start, I received $50 in credits. $5 off each ride I got and that was very nice. The driver was very friendly and was an excellent driver. I had plenty of time to get to my destination and didn't feel like I had to hurry like I have to do with a cab. I felt so comfortable and safe the entire time. It's very clean too and the prices are very affordable also. I highly recommend Lyft.

I don't have a car right now so I use Lyft. I feel safe, I never worry and drivers are usually my peers of like age and have lot in common. I also like to ride in the newer cars. It's nice.

The app is so easy to use and it helps me get where I need to go without all the hassle. Anyone who needs to get anywhere should use it and you will be as thankful as I am and will never stop using this app. This app give you so many vehicle options to load your stuff or have more people in. I love choosing which vehicle and it's like shopping. Plus you can test out the choices if you are looking to buy. It's great. I feel very safe using this app as the app allows me to tell someone else what I am doing and they will know where I am at at all times so you are protected.

Lyft will take you almost anywhere you need to go much faster than a taxi. I like that you can see your driver's ID before you get picked up. The price is a little high, definitely more expensive than taking public transportation, but you get to ride in style even if you don't own a car. You can order a larger car in case you're planning to buy something big or if you're in a large group of people. This option is really handy. Generally speaking I found these rides safe, but I would be cautious when using them because other drivers might not be as careful. To be even more careful you'd have to drive yourself.

This app is very convenient. It is very easy to use and works with no problems. Easy to find a driver and in a timely matter too. The pricing is also very reasonable and affordable. It's the perfect pricing for anyone who is frugal and on a budget of any kind. The vehicle options section of the app is very easy to navigate and figure out. It's basic and simple so it's common sense what to do and there should be no trouble. Also, I have never experienced a negative car ride or a rude driver. Most of them are very friendly and don't mind helping out. If you're looking for a car app this is one to go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

I have had several great experiences with this company. They care about their clients and seem to hire nice efficient drivers. Very good customer service. Also, I have never had a problem using this app. It is very easy to use and understand and this is a timesaver. It has several choices you can make. It is cheaper than a taxi or Uber and much more affordable than the alternatives out here. Also, the drivers are more polite and service is quicker. I would recommend this app for anyone looking for something quick and affordable, for anyone on a budget and to all my family and friends.

Lyft is very convenient. It gives step by step help to anyone. It also helps you save money and don't charge you to do it. Their pricing is the best. It's very cheap and also you don't have to pay cash, you can pay by credit card so you don't have to worry about people trying and wanting to mug you. However, you never know what you're going to get with the app because it's personal cars or trucks as long as it gets you to where you wanna go. When it comes to safety, you can get good people and sometimes not too good people.

Open the app, select request ride, wait and vehicle shows up within minutes. You know who is driving and what car to look for. You can also view how well the driver is rated prior and you can rate their performance when the ride is done. There is a fee to use the app and it's usually a couple bucks. Then depending where you go it's about $1.25 a mile. Sometimes though during special events or high volume the price can be more anywhere from 25%-%300 so be careful. Lyft has several drivers with different load capacities available that let you choose depending on how many people are in your group. Most cars are standard but if you have more than 4 people you can choose a larger vehicle via the app. All cars are safety inspected but let's be real. No one can be 100% safe and accidents do happen. In general the cars and drivers are background checked so each vehicle is presumed to be in top notch condition.

Drove for over a week with no pay from LYFt. Notified them that I had not been paid. They never did anything to correct the issue or pay me. Terrible support. Don't drive for them. They will rip you off. They also stack calls which means when you get to the riders some other driver just jumps in front of you and takes your rider after you have already driven to the location to pick them up. You have wasted your time and gas, money at this point with nothing to show for it.

I used the app to make sure Lyft knew about my travel plans and would arrive. I think the pricing is very fair. It is much better than driving myself or trying to catch a ride from a friend or family member. Drivers are both professional and on time. Also, there is a wide variety of vehicle options. Personally I don't care much about the vehicle. All have been clean and safe, and above all, free from cigarette smoke, which I am allergic to. I have used this service several times and there has never been a fear or doubt in my mind about the safety of Lyft. The service was more than adequate. I would use them again and recommend them highly.

Lyft app is very easy to use. Just a little getting use to but has a nice layout and very convenient to use. I received it free at first but then had to pay a small fee but it is still worth it if you plan on using it a lot. You will definitely get your money's worth. The app is great to choose what size vehicle you may need for your ride if you have a large number of people in your party. The app is very safe and keeps all your information private so you don't have to worry about anything. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good quality app that provides great service.

Lyft is easy to use, fast and reliable service. I also am happy with the price. It has very good value. I also had a friendly and helpful driver who came in great time and got me to my destination quickly avoiding traffic and road works. I am happy with the rates and prices for this service, with good value for money and easy to make a payment just using your phone. I was driven in a modern and clean car. The car smelled clean and the music was pleasant and just right. I had a smooth ride and the seats were comfortable. I felt safe though my whole trip. The driver drove at a suitable speed through my whole journey and the car also had seat belts for all passengers.

This is a good app for all your needs and is worth giving it a try. It's innovative and the app is very helpful and convenient in many ways. The pricing for the product is fair. It's good for people who's on a budget but still need something convenient. It also has many vehicles to choose from and good pricing for them. It's safe and easy to use too. Safety is first for the customers. Would use again in the future.

You can call a car at a moment's notice and get where you need to be. It is fast, affordable and safe. There is a tip feature that make me like this app more than any other that I have used. If you need a big car you just ask for one when you reserve the car. Otherwise you get a regular car. Although I have been picked up in a really big truck one time. The price is affordable and you tie a credit card to the app. It is cheaper than Uber according to the drivers who have picked me up and they say they make more money per ride than any other programs. Also, they do background checks on the drivers. I also have used the option to cancel a ride when I was not sure if I would feel safe with a particular driver.

Lyft was so easy to use! All I had to do was use the app to call for a ride and I was picked up within a half an hour! I didn't even have to go anywhere to meet my ride. They came right to me. So much easier than public transportation! It has such a WIDE range of options when it comes to vehicle types!!! I've used trucks, cars, and suvs. They also offer other vehicles such as vans. Its pricing is pretty average. It ranges around the same as Uber and other rideshare apps. They are not horribly high priced though. Also, it is just as safe as any other rideshare program out there. Frankly, I think it's more dangerous riding public transportation these days than it is getting a ride from someone on Lyft.

All you do is tell the app where you want to go and call it. A car shows up and takes you there and all the money is handled by Lyft. Also, many different options for vehicles. It allows you to always select the type of vehicle you need. You can get a small car, or a car with room for luggage, or even a luxury vehicle. While some drivers are bad you typically get good drivers because bad drivers get flushed out by the review system. You also do not have to worry about being screwed over with payment because you pay via the app. The pricing is very fair and the cost of your ride depends on how busy the area is at the time. I can easily tip too straight from the app unlike other rideshare apps.

Very convenient to use when I need a quick ride to somewhere I cannot walk to. Works great and a decent price overall for the service I get. It's definitely cheaper than a cab as well and the drivers know what they are doing. There are different vehicles to pick from if you have more than one person to get to and from. Safety is always number one when riding in a vehicle. Lyft's safety overall has been great and perfect for what I need it to be, and I enjoy that.

You know the song "click click boom?" Using the app was basically that, but instead of boom, I was picked up and on the way home. I'd been grocery shopping, and my car ended up breaking down. It took like 10 seconds before the pickup was on the way, my ice cream didn't even start thawing! It's basically fair, I guess, still cheaper than taking a cab for me (I live just across a bridge, but by crossing the bridge I get screwed over by taxi). I prefer to drive, and gas is def cheaper than hiring someone... but the car repairs are going to cost a pretty penny, I'll probably be using Lyft again before I get my car back.

Lyft is super easy to use and it came on time. The app was styled well, too. I would tell my friends to try this company. The app had clear pricing and descriptions, I am satisfied with my service and price with them. The pricing is based on several factors and what time of day. And the driver seemed to drive safely and at a good speed. He also seem to observe all safety rules and regulations. I feel safe riding with this company.

In my opinion, it wasn't really a convenient app. It didn't really provide anything that I wanted and it was just not a good app, period. I didn't like the selection. It wasn't useful in helping me find what I was looking for. I was never satisfied with the app, and I didn't have it for very long.

When you out and about and need a 'Lyft" this company is the one to get a hold of. They have an easy app which makes it that much easier to contact them for a ride. The apps pricing is reasonable. We cannot expect someone to get in a car and come get you, take you where you need to go on a few bucks. The vehicle options are great. They have tons of options to choose from when you are looking for something a bit bigger for a family or smaller for just yourself. Their safety measure are well taken and implemented into every car they send out on the road. I felt safe driving down the road and safety is a major plus to my family.

Using the app is easy, cheap and convenient and I will continue to use them in the future. The drivers were quick and polite. They show up exactly when they say. All of the drivers insist that seat belts be worn. I have always had new or almost new cars showing up and have never been concerned about safety. The pricing is great. You know exactly what it's going to cost, how long it is going to take, and how you can pay, and if there is a discount. And I've saved a bunch of money.

This service is really affordable and one of the best referral services within an app to pay you to share rides with your friends who have smart phones to use to book. You don't have to make a call or wait. The car comes to you wherever the app's location is based and the fare is baked into the app so no need for cash in hand. I like the choices of cars they give you and drivers so you're not stuck with just one option. The app is really clever that way. It's such a nice feeling to be in control. I feel safe using the app. It's a fast and friendly service. There have been no issues or headaches with it since I downloaded it.

The app was reliable and convenient. I liked the layout of the app and I will use it again. It seems secure to use and I gave my credit card info. The pricing was average. I went 35 miles and it was reasonable with adding up mileage. It was fair to use and it would be cheaper than other places. The vehicle options were great too and I saw nice looking rides on the app to choose from. I picked out the safest and most decent priced car. I also felt secure and safe with the person and I held basic communication with the guy to not make it feel awkward or unsafe. It was a good experience.

I use Lyft after partying because it is better not to drive after drinking. It saves lives and stops you from taking chances and more people should be more responsible. Lyft is sometimes more cheaper than driving and paying for parking. Most trips are very reasonably priced, it's cheaper than taking a taxi and less wear on your own vehicle. All of the options are reasonable to all users and depends on what you need and the number of people traveling because sometimes you need a bigger or better vehicle. The drivers are safe and know that they can be taken out of the rotation if they are deemed unsafe. They're more stringent than other types therefore, very good and safe.

Lyft is a very easy to use app. It is very self explanatory, super convenient and fun app to use. Even those that are not tech savvy will catch on and be able to use this without any complications or issues. For the quality of service and for the amazing convenience, the prices for Lyft are pretty great. Much better service and quality than merely catching a cab/taxi. Depending on where you are located, you usually have quite a few options vehicle wise. I have yet to encounter anyone unusual (in a bad way) or questionable. I find this service to be very safe and reliable. I believe every safety measure and precaution are taken with drivers and passengers alike.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.
  • Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.
  • Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.
  • Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.
  • Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.
  • Best for Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps