Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5
Based on 1,205 ratings submitted in the last year

Lyft Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Lyft drivers arrive on time and get me to my destinations safely. They generally use the highway which somehow feels safer to me. Yet, I only use Lyft when I have my spouse or a friend with me so that I can feel safe during every ride. Most drivers are very friendly and chatty while others stay focused on the road and only say hello and sometimes goodbye. Every Lyft driver I have encountered have clean vehicles which tells me that they are diligent about their work. All things considered, Lyft is preferable to a taxi because it's more professional and much easier to access.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Usually cheaper than Uber in my area. The cars usually aren't as nice but they get the job done. I always have great conversations with Lyft drivers as well, just seem like more down to earth real people. Wish they were just a little cheaper but still had value. Don't recommend them at Midway airport Chicago, or Uber for that matter, take the train as the line to get a car is ridiculous.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

The drivers have been consistently friendly and courteous. They have arrived on time and got me where I needed to be on time. My only concern is I use the same route to and from the airport and the cost varied. I’ve been unable to reach Lyft via email or phone to ask them why the same route varied as much as $10. Not sure how the others handle a customer question but Lyft fails totally in this aspect.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We needed a pickup from our daughter's home in Manhattan Beach to LAX and normally the traffic into the airport is just ridiculous, so when we drive, we go really early. This time we used Lyft and the driver knew a back way into the airport that avoided that whole Century Blvd. entrance and we were there very fast with no stress. Good trip, nice tip, everyone's happy!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

We have been very happy with Lyft. The drivers are consistently friendly, helpful, the cars are clean, and they appear miraculously within a very few minutes of us calling for one. I have enough confidence in their service that I have called them at 5:30 am to get to the airport and at 2 a.m. to get home from the airport. It's a great service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: June 23, 2020

I started taking Lyft exclusively about 3 years ago because the CEO of Uber was getting too political. Everything was ok with Lyft until I moved back to Las Vegas. Now, you can barely find a driver that speaks English. Most are horrible drivers as well. And today was my last day taking Lyft forever. I just got out of the hospital and needed a ride home. The driver picked me up, but had loud Spanish music on. I asked him to change the channel or turn it off, but he refused. Then when I get a call, he turns the music at full blast and calls me racist names. Then I ask him nicely to drop me off at a 7-11 to find another driver who wasn't so hostile and racist, he stops in the middle of a busy street and tells me to "get the ** out dog!" Then threatens me. I called the police, but they won't do anything. I am so tired of everyone watching the news and thinking it is ok to be racist and hostile. I cannot change my skin color!!!

Original review: June 15, 2020

I had a passenger get lie on me and I was suspended. There's no representation set up to protect the drivers from liars. A lie from a disgruntled passenger can ruin your whole life as a driver. There's no protection for drivers.

Original review: May 24, 2020

Living in the city, I don't have a car. So I use Uber a lot. It's only a couple of dollars each trip more than Lyft. The difference can be neglected that it can save me so much headache later! I was so much disgusted my past few times experience by Lyft customer service not taking any responsibility on any issues when happened. I have given Lyft multiple tries. It really sucks. All they care is grab my trip money and run! On the contrary: Uber customer service is very responsive, fast and always taking care of customers for a good experience!

Once I lost/forgot my leather gloves on the car. After the trip at home I messaged Lyft customer service for help. They are cold and not helpful. Not taking any responsibilities. Second time, me and my friend called a shared Lyft from JFK to Manhattan. I live midtown and she lives up east so it's on the way. However, Lyft matched us with a guy living in Jersey City and to drop him off all the way in NJ first! Oh My...It obviously is a bad route that we wasted so much extra time in the car!

Third time, It is the worst experience. I decided I had enough. I will forever ban this company from my life! I am really angry after hours long 4, 5 times transferred to different reps repeating myself the incident and multiple emails later. Both reps replied after 24 hours are only a copied terms and conditions the company takes zero responsibility or insurance for the users (including driver and passenger). Imagine if I was in bigger danger or damages. I can not risk it. The incident was I have a shoulder injury, the driver damaged my large box of grocery. He carelessly dropped it to the floor. My trip was extended double time due to the incident. The grocery are spoiled due to the delay. My back was also hurt because the driver unwilling offering a hand.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Lyft charged my credit card $78.95 and I had not used their service in over a year. When I tried contacting them, there is no contact telephone number anywhere. They only want to be contacted via email, which they respond 2 days later. Then when they finally responded to my email they said I have 2 accounts, which I do not have, I only have one. So someone has gotten into their system and charged customer credit cards randomly. They are no taking responsibility for that. $79 is a lot of money for someone to just steal from your account. I will never ever use Lyft again, they are horrible. They have no customer service to address issues. That is a huge problem. I just want my money back, and have them explain to me how my information was used without my consent.

Original review: April 26, 2020

Accidentally left my phone in a Lyft today! I was getting groceries and was stressed getting home during this Pandemic! Immediately after 5 Minutes later I contacted Customer service. They reached out to me two hours later stating that the Driver is not responding! 8 Hours have gone by and AT&T tracked the phone, but Lyft still not helpful just sending me a lost and found policy email. I will never use them again. Many of their drivers are SHADY at best! They said the driver is an Independent Contractor and does not have to keep in contact with them. What if you send a Lyft to pick up an Elderly Parent and they get sick and you need to find them? If the Driver does not respond to Lyft? Why would I trust their services! AT&T is doing a full investigation and I hope that whoever took the phone will be found... Pretty sad Customer Service. NEVER again!

Lyft author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team