Lyft

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Drove for over a week with no pay from LYFt. Notified them that I had not been paid. They never did anything to correct the issue or pay me. Terrible support. Don't drive for them. They will rip you off. They also stack calls which means when you get to the riders some other driver just jumps in front of you and takes your rider after you have already driven to the location to pick them up. You have wasted your time and gas, money at this point with nothing to show for it.

Very convenient to use when I need a quick ride to somewhere I cannot walk to. Works great and a decent price overall for the service I get. It's definitely cheaper than a cab as well and the drivers know what they are doing. There are different vehicles to pick from if you have more than one person to get to and from. Safety is always number one when riding in a vehicle. Lyft's safety overall has been great and perfect for what I need it to be, and I enjoy that.

You know the song "click click boom?" Using the app was basically that, but instead of boom, I was picked up and on the way home. I'd been grocery shopping, and my car ended up breaking down. It took like 10 seconds before the pickup was on the way, my ice cream didn't even start thawing! It's basically fair, I guess, still cheaper than taking a cab for me (I live just across a bridge, but by crossing the bridge I get screwed over by taxi). I prefer to drive, and gas is def cheaper than hiring someone... but the car repairs are going to cost a pretty penny, I'll probably be using Lyft again before I get my car back.

Lyft is super easy to use and it came on time. The app was styled well, too. I would tell my friends to try this company. The app had clear pricing and descriptions, I am satisfied with my service and price with them. The pricing is based on several factors and what time of day. And the driver seemed to drive safely and at a good speed. He also seem to observe all safety rules and regulations. I feel safe riding with this company.

In my opinion, it wasn't really a convenient app. It didn't really provide anything that I wanted and it was just not a good app, period. I didn't like the selection. It wasn't useful in helping me find what I was looking for. I was never satisfied with the app, and I didn't have it for very long.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

When you out and about and need a 'Lyft" this company is the one to get a hold of. They have an easy app which makes it that much easier to contact them for a ride. The apps pricing is reasonable although we cannot expect someone to get in a car and come get you, take you where you need to go on a few bucks. The vehicle options are great. They have tons of options to choose from when you are looking for something a bit bigger for a family or smaller for just yourself. Their safety measure are well taken and implemented into every car they send out on the road. I felt safe driving down the road and safety is a major plus to my family.

Using the app is easy, cheap and convenient and I will continue to use them in the future. The drivers were quick and polite. They show up exactly when they say. All of the drivers insist that seat belts be worn. I have always had new or almost new cars showing up and have never been concerned about safety. The pricing is great. You know exactly what it's going to cost, how long it is going to take, and how you can pay, and if there is a discount. And I've saved a bunch of money.

This service is really affordable and one of the best referral services within an app to pay you to share rides with your friends who have smart phones to use to book. You don't have to make a call or wait. The car comes to you wherever the app's location is based and the fare is baked into the app so no need for cash in hand. I like the choices of cars they give you and drivers so you're not stuck with just one option. The app is really clever that way. It's such a nice feeling to be in control. I feel safe using the app. It's a fast and friendly service. There have been no issues or headaches with it since I downloaded it.

The app was reliable and convenient. I liked the layout of the app and I will use it again. It seems secure to use and I gave my credit card info. The pricing was average. I went 35 miles and it was reasonable with adding up mileage. It was fair to use and it would be cheaper than other places. The vehicle options were great too and I saw nice looking rides on the app to choose from. I picked out the safest and most decent priced car. I also felt secure and safe with the person and I held basic communication with the guy to not make it feel awkward or unsafe. It was a good experience.

I use Lyft after partying because it is better not to drive after drinking. It saves lives and stops you from taking chances and more people should be more responsible. Lyft is sometimes more cheaper than driving and paying for parking. Most trips are very reasonably priced, it's cheaper than taking a taxi and less wear on your own vehicle. All of the options are reasonable to all users and depends on what you need and the number of people traveling because sometimes you need a bigger or better vehicle. The drivers are safe and know that they can be taken out of the rotation if they are deemed unsafe. They're more stringent than other types therefore, very good and safe.

Lyft is a very easy to use app. It is very self explanatory, super convenient and fun app to use. Even those that are not tech savvy will catch on and be able to use this without any complications or issues. For the quality of service and for the amazing convenience, the prices for Lyft are pretty great. Much better service and quality than merely catching a cab/taxi. Depending on where you are located, you usually have quite a few options vehicle wise. I have yet to encounter anyone unusual (in a bad way) or questionable. I find this service to be very safe and reliable. I believe every safety measure and precaution are taken with drivers and passengers alike.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.
  • Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.
  • Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.
  • Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.
  • Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.
  • Best for Lyft is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in metro areas.

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps