Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.00/5

Lyft Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lyft?

Original review: April 14, 2021

Terrible company. My husband forgot his glasses and asked me to bring his glasses to his work. And he ordered me a taxi from his account. Less than 10 minutes later someone called the taxi driver and said that he had taken the wrong client. I called my husband to confirm that he had made the order from his account. But the driver did not want to listen to me, and ordered me to leave the car. When I refused to go out of the car in the an unknown place, in the dark, he called the police. If you do not want to stay at night, in an unknown place, for your money, don't use the Lyft.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I have used ride share before, but this was the worst experience ever. We scheduled a ride on Sat Mar 26 about 430pm. When the driver arrived we started to get in and the back seat was SOAKING wet with god only knows what. The driver made some comment about it was because of his prior passenger. We declined to sit on the wet seats. 3 days later I received a "safety violation notice" from Lyft for not wearing a mask. Needless to say as healthcare providers our masks were in place as required. I will never use Lyft again. BEWARE.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I booked a ride for my boyfriend to get to work back in Jan 2021, and they showed up on time. Great! I booked another ride 2 days ago (Mar 2021) 4 hrs in advance for a pick up at 9 pm, for my boyfriend to go to work. THEY NEVER SHOWED! Instead, they texted me at 10 pm (a whole hour past pick up time), saying they canceled his ride because of no driver. Well, needless to say, my boyfriend lost his job because he didn't show up for work. This company sucks! They are unreliable and unprofessional. So, please don't use them for any important business! I will never use, nor recommend their services again. Period.

Original review: March 23, 2021

On March 21, 2021 at 4:41 PM I paid $70.37 for a ride from the Philadelphia Airport to Glen Mills, PA. It was only 19 miles. A ride to or from the airport from my house is usually $30-$40. This was price gouging. There was no reason for the ride to be this much. Nothing unusual was going on in Philadelphia. I complained but Lyft said it was a fair price, It was not a fair price by any means.

Original review: March 20, 2021

A few days ago I needed a ride to Target, no problem. I had my mask and the driver had theirs. Needed a ride home, a ** guy was my driver and through the app, he texted that he was at my location waiting for me and, he drove up to where I was standing in front of Target. When he saw me, he turned the corner and canceled it saying that I wasn't wearing a mask which again I just came to Target through Lyft and I couldn't have gotten a ride if I wasn't wearing my mask. So, I had to schedule another ride home through Lyft which went smoothly. Again I was wearing my mask and the driver had his mask on.

I even set a profile photo of myself wearing my mask while outside of Target. I told Lyft what happened and they took the driver's side even though I had proof he was lying, he had no proof at all but, a fake safety violation that he sent to Lyft when he canceled. I really hate that they're expecting riders to pay tons of money but, can't even believe a word they say. -5 stars. I can't wait until they close down.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Lyft drivers are upset/quitting in GA according to my driver as I was asking why fares are so outrageously high at ATL airport. Driver stated Lyft keeps tips and doesn't show drivers what fare the rider's are paying. I tried to get a one way ride at noon on a Saturday ATL airport and the fare range was $100 to $60 in the Atlanta area. The fare kept increasing and decreasing every few minutes. It was never like this before the pandemic. Might as well drive and park at airport to avoid these very high fees from ALL the Ride Share companies.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I have only used a Lyft driver one time in my life back in October of 2020 and had removed my method of payment and cancelled my account after that time because of issues with the driver cancelling my ride and never showing up. I ended up going with an Uber driver after, and never got refunded by Lyft. As previously mentioned, I had deactivated my account and cancelled my method of payment back in October of 2020 but have received multiple pending charges on my checking account stating that it is a TEMP AUT hold.

The website states that it will not come out of my account, but is a method that they use to verify my method of payment works. I had deleted that form of payment so Lyft should not have my bank account information anymore, but it appears that they still do. I have tried to reach out to Lyft multiple times to get my personal information removed from their system but cannot contact anyone to help me out. If there is anyone out there that can help me out and direct me in the right way, I would greatly appreciate it. I will be reaching out to various social and media outlets to express my displeasure and to help educate others to think twice about working with a company that clearly does not care about their customers.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I had to come here because Lyft doesn’t want to hear anything they can’t blow off with their app options. Even the email address they use doesn’t get replies. Late last night (in Boston), I called a Lyft and when he finally got to my location, he turned and went straight to the hotel part of the building. Helloooo the whole street is called Park Plaza, not just the hotel. I texted him and called him to tell him he went too far and he said he’d come back around. Instead, he canceled the ride and reported me as not wearing a mask. The guy didn’t even see me. I was just inside the glass doors (in a lobby where a mask is MANDATORY) and he sped right by me and stopped at the hotel entrance. Lyft asked me to send a photo to prove I was wearing a mask AND I DID, but they still sent me a violation notice. WHAT? It’s his car and he doesn’t have to pick me up but he also doesn’t have to be a liar about it. Next time, I’ll call an Uber.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I will NEVER use Lyft again! I took a very expensive ride for $35 on 3/4. They proceeded to charge me again for rides that I NEVER took on 3/6 and 3/8! You would think it would be simple to have nonexistent rides refunded. Not with Lyft! When I emailed them, they asked for “proof” even though I had already sent them my banking statement showing the bogus charges! So, I gave more detailed proof as requested. I get a reply from someone named, Seb.

Seb said, “I see this needs to be escalated and researched with another department. We will be in touch at a later date”. WHAT?! What kind of a response is that? So fine, whatever, I waited. Then today they charged me AGAIN! I contact them again and tell them that my $35 ride has now cost me $140 and they are still charging! I get this reply, “We see that issue is currently being investigated. You will be notified when we have resolved the issue. Take care!” Completely unacceptable on every level! I tried to remove all of my payments from the Lyft app so they can’t continue to charge bogus, nonexistent rides. I can’t delete any of my payments. You used to be able to but not anymore. So they can keep tacking on charges and “investigating” but that is costing me money that I don’t have to spare! I am livid! And, I am not letting this go until every last penny is refunded!

Original review: March 5, 2021

For the last several months, Lyft has been charging the bigger fee for less wait time, but the wait time has been more like 40 min to an hour before a driver is found. This company does not respond to any complaints and won’t take any actions to correct their greed! Many time I have stressed about catching my flights due to their tardiness! Horrible company!

Lyft author review by ConsumerAffairs

Lyft launched in 2012 as a service of Zimride, a ridesharing company that focused on longer trips between cities. Lyft offers rideshare service over short distances in cities across the United States with operations in select international cities.

• Lyft car options: Consumers can choose from three car options. Lyft is the basic economy sedan choice. Trips for more than three passengers can use Lyft Plus, and Lyft Premier offers high-end rides in luxury.

• Lyft Line: Lyft Line is a carpooling option for consumers willing to share their Lyft rides with others going the same direction. Lyft Line users can save up to 60 percent on their fares.

• Lyft blog: Lyft’s blog keeps consumers up to date with new app features and current news about Lyft.

• Lyft for Good: Drivers participating in Lyft for Good can partner with local charity programs like Meals on Wheels to deliver food to or provide transportation for people in need.

• Lyft Enterprise: Lyft Enterprise can partner with businesses to provide safe on-demand transportation to employees wherever work takes them.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team