1.3/5 (128 ratings)

About Liberty Travel

Liberty Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Contacted Agent about group doing a Cruise. One agent said, "great, I can come meet at your house." She never showed. I contacted another agent which was the manager we were in contact for about a month. Finally he said, "let's meet and get everyone together." He never called or showed. This liberty Travels is located on Roosevelt Blvd. They really suck bad.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

They know nothing of the hotels they book. They are inadequate at their jobs. They are the rudest people ever. Cindy ** and Wendy (who wouldn't give a last name ) are not qualified to be in the field of dealing with people. Cindy booked most of the trip. We asked for a balcony room - we got none. Cindy told us we had breakfast. Our hotel didn't even do breakfast. Our plane was canceled. Liberty Travel said was not their job to rebook flight. Then simply hung up on me. Great people. Hmm. I WAS TO LIE AND GIVE A SOB STORY SO I COULD MAYBE GET HOME ON THE DAY PLANNED. WELL GUESS WHAT, NOW I'M STUCK IN THE AIRPORT. I will never use this company, Nor will I allow anyone else in my family to use it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2013

I decided to book my trip to Jamaica with an American-based travel agency instead of trying to understand Jamaican English. I chose LIBERTY TRAVEL because they are nearby. I booked a week in November 2013 at Grand Pineapple Beach Negril, Jamaica because I enjoyed two previous stays there. I also booked a round trip airline reservation through Liberty Travel. I called Grand Pineapple directly to further discuss my beach side room preference. The woman I spoke with said that this hotel was closed for renovation and was not exactly sure if it would be open by the time I planned to arrive on November 16, 2013.

I immediately called my agent at Liberty Travel to discuss this situation and other concerns... This matter is very important to know as well! She said that she would FEDEX overnight my vacation package which would arrive today, Friday, October 4, 2013. I received nothing from FEDEX. She never bothered to call me to advise me that she mailed them via USPS regular mail. NOT professional by any means. I have found communication to be VERY POOR after LIBERTY TRAVEL gets their money... bottom line! A more important bottom line... if I had not made that call to Grand Pineapple, I would never have known about the "closed for renovations" situation and would have arrived in Jamaica to that nightmarish surprise. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEALING WITH THIS MORE THAN SUBPAR LIBERTY TRAVEL.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2013

To be fair, we booked with Liberty Travel for our honeymoon and had a phenomenal experience. However this goes to show it all depends on the agent you use. We booked our one-yr wedding anniversary 10 months in advance to Disney. I got up at 6 am 180 days in advance for a week just to make our dining reservations. After we made our reservations I wrote to our agent and said we needed to upgrade our dining plan. I cover the nice dinners. My husband and I wanted to do. She told me how much it would be. I said, "Okay, let's upgrade" and I'll be in on such and such a date to pay. I came in, she wasn't working, had all of our stuff prepared for us though which I ASSUMED meant the upgrade we spoke about, paid, went on my way.

Now here I am at the resort with only spending money and we are told she never did the upgrade. I call her and she says, well, it was a miscommunication and there is NOTHING she, or Disney, can do. Unless I buy the upgrade now. Which I can't because I don't have the money on me since I only spend spending money so as not to lose anything. So now all my hardwork and planning for a romantic one-year anniversary trip went to all. All Liberty TRavel offered is an, "I'M SORRY." Horrible. Horrible. Horrible."

Original review: July 18, 2013

I have traveled the world from Europe to the Caribbean and throughout America. I have utilized travel agent as well as online sources. I have never received such an unpleasant unprofessional service. ** from the Hollywood, Sheridan FL office is not only incompetent, she's also unprofessional. What was to be a wonderful girls trip is turning out to be horrible. She's scheduled the trip on the wrong day and charged the wrong amount to several of our charge cards and never apologizing. When requesting details of the trip, she would not have the information or sends the wrong information. This is by far the worst experience I've had by using an agency. To date, I have not received a receipt or a details of the trip after requesting for it several times. The agents explanation is that she changed office and left everything in the other office which is unheard of.

Original review: July 16, 2013

This complaint is against the Sheridan Plaza 5401 Sheridan Street, Hollywood FL. Unprofessional service provided by ** and **. The customer service provided by **, Liberty Travel Consultant, was horrific! What was supposed to be an exciting girls' getaway turned into a nightmare when we engaged Liberty Travel. The trouble began as soon as we selected the location and package of our trip.

First, Ms. ** gave us the incorrect due date of the deposit, leaving us all scrambling to make the deposit earlier than what was initially told to us. Then, Ms. ** took it upon herself to place us on a later flight when making the reservation without our authorization. When we realized that we were placed on a flight (after the flight was booked and ** sent us the flight confirmation) that the flight that ** placed us on would arrive at our destination 4 hours later than we agreed to, Ms. ** informed us that she made a mistake and that we would have to pay more money for the earlier flight AND a change fee if we wanted to be placed on the original flight. She also advised us that we would lose a portion of our deposit if we chose to not take the later flight that she had mistakenly booked us on and wanted to cancel. Only after heavy insistence on my part did she make any effort to correct.

Now when our final payment is due, Ms. ** takes it upon herself to charge my credit card double the amount that I authorized for because she "thought" I was paying for another member of the group. The "thought" is completely unreasonable and unsubstantiated because prior to the payment being due, I had asked ** (via email) how much was due for each member of our party, and she told me $314 each person. I then spoke with her manager, ** (because ** was out of the office the day the payment was due) and made it clear to her that only $314 was to be charged on my card. Instead, my card was charged double the amount, $628. Under no circumstances should my credit card been charged for more than I authorized, especially for someone else's expense.

I then called to speak with Ms. ** and she was unapologetic and simply told me that I needed to call my bank. When I asked to speak with her manager, **, she too was unapologetic and reinforced **'s sentiment of 'it was too bad, a mistake was made, and now it was up to me to contact my bank to ensure that my charge was in fact reversed'. She even went as far as to ask me what did "I want from them?" Well, what about good, courteous customer service? Our girls' getaway experience has been ruined by this poor customer service. I will NEVER use this service again and will warn everyone of this terrible company!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2013

Wow! I won a free trip to Cancun 4 days and three nights... lol. The amount of time I put in trying to book this trip and then getting shut out after I book it was such **... After waiting an hour and not having anyone wait on me, I left but gave them my phone # to call me. They never called that day but called the next day about 3pm... By then, all the flights they found were up $100 per person. So then, I searched myself and found them for $70 per person and was willing to take those flights but when I went to Liberty, they couldn't find the flights I found?? So she said I could book my own flights in the morning. I told her to make sure the hotel was available... She said it was!!! Yeah, guess what? I spent $2,600 on flights and was on the phone and computer for hours... and when I went in to get the hotel vouchers, Liberty said they're not available! Wonderful great system!

Original review: April 28, 2013

My fiancée met me in Jamaica. She is from Russia. Liberty travel was the agency. Her flight there was fine on arrival. We weren't told about a 2-hour bus ride from the airport to the resort, and had to repeat ride back to the airport. Then it gets much worse. We both had a flight leaving at the same time once we arrived at airport. I checked my bag in and left the ticket counter. I walked to find my fiancée crying. American Airlines said she would need a visa to board the plane. She would be departing through a different country, USA. I explained to Liberty Travel, and they said it wouldn't be necessary. The agent was actually from Russia. She sent personal emails to my fiancée explaining all she would need. They told her no visa is needed.

Anyway, I only had 2 hours before my flight left so I called the Liberty Travel PA and spoke to the manager. She told me it wasn't their fault. I should have researched as well. She was rude and unprofessional. She said I signed the contact which would hold them liable. I was so angry, but I was also running out of time. My kid’s sitter would be leaving that night so I had to catch my flight. I had to pay almost 2,300 for a flight and hotel. The next flight out to Russia was in 2 days. I had to leave her all alone. She spoke little English and was crying. She had no clean clothes left, and she was in another country where no one understood her. They still won’t admit to their mistake. It was the worst travel experience of our lives.

Original review: April 27, 2013

My fiancee and I decided to go to Jamaica April 21st-26th. She is from Moscow Russia. She did not have a visa so we needed to find a country that didn't require one. We went to the Dominican Republic earlier in the year and had a blast. So we decided to try another country and vacation in April. I called the travel agency but the lady I used had moved. So I decided to try the internet. I saw Liberty Travel and called them. A girl answered and said her name was Natasha. I explained our situation and she agreed she could help. She actually was from Russia and said we should try Jamaica. We agreed and the price was good. She said that no visa would be required.

We flew to Jamaica. Her flight was 4 hrs behind mine. I took a bus free ride to the hotel. However, Liberty forgot to add her to the JTL bus ride. I had to pay a taxi $160 to get her. Our last day came so we packed and rode a bus to the airport (2-hr ride that I was never told about.) I first went to the ticket counter and checked my luggage. I followed Anastasia to the ticket counter. The agent told her that she could not fly.

Liberty Travel was sending her back on a different route. She would be going through a country that required a visa. I called Liberty Travel in PA and she told me that I signed the contract; that would not hold them responsible. She and her staff were very rude and seemed to have no care for us. I had to pay for a hotel for 2 more days and a flight to Russia because the next flight there was on Sunday and we were supposed to leave Friday. I paid $1908 for the flight and $360 for the hotel. Please beware of Liberty Travel in PA. I am in the process of getting a lawyer to be compensated for all we have been through. I am in the hotel with no luggage at all writing this.

Original review: April 18, 2013

I called Liberty Travel. They hung up on me. The next agent told me to hold because someone else has called her after I called her. I hung up. Beware, do not give your hard earned money to such companies.

Original review: March 28, 2013

Three friends and I wanted to go to Puerto Rico. I spent a lot of time with the agent at Liberty Travel in Massapequa, NY. I made it very clear that wherever we stayed, it had to have a casino. We discussed five different places and settled on the El Conquistador. The problems at the resort are too many to outline here, but the primary problem is that they closed their casino in September which the agent should have known since Liberty Travel "partners" with the hotel. When I told the agent that I thought she should have been aware of that, she told me that she does not remember my telling her we needed a casino and that if she knew that, she wouldn't have put us there.

This is a lie. She is not taking any responsibility at all. In fact, she puts the blame on us for not calling her when we arrived so she could move us. She did just tell me that the hotel will give us 3 nights free, but the hotel was so poorly run we wouldn't even consider paying for airfare to stay there again. This has taught me never to use a travel agency again. We would have been better off doing our own research but since four of us were involved and traveling from different cities, we thought a travel agency was the way to go.

A warning to anyone considering using Liberty Travel: proceed at your own risk. Don't expect them to stand behind their services. Once they've made their commission, you're on your own.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2013

Upon turning my cruise booking over to Liberty Travel, the agent had offered in a previous phone conversation to give me a discount off her commission, but only allowed a whole whopping $25 off. Eventually, I noticed where my cabin was on the ship and immediately voiced my concern, not wanting to be below the casino (with the noics)! Agent repeatedly told me she would do what she could ... but basically, she didn't and never attempted to get me an upgrade or anything else! Then I left multiple messages for my boarding pass with never a return call or any documents to follow!

I finally got to the point. I spoke to the manager, who told me ,"I have to speak to the agent prior to offering you any kind of compensation ..." So then, I was routed to the corporate office, whereby 5 days later, I heard every excuse in the book and lies reported back from what the agent offered the managers. I was completely offended to say the least. I asked again for a different room and was told that, "We're not going to pay for an upgrade(!) and the only thing we are going to offer is a $50 refund," on a $2200 cruise fare. That's all I'm worth, $50?!

So I called the cruise line myself and got satisfaction with them directly! Why is it that Liberty Travel can take a commission and not do one thing to deserve it?! They are worthless, uncaring, unprofessional, lazy, inconsiderate. Never use them!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2013

I took a vacation with my son to Italy and Liberty Travel booked me in the worst hotels; and when I was there, I didn't stay in them. Liberty Travel refused to give me any monies back and was very nasty about it. I will never ever go through them again. Don't make the same mistake that I made.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2012

We were discussing a Caribbean vacation with another family (two adults and one 17-year-old in each family). Both families went to Liberty Travel (Easton, PA) and were "helped" by Jared. He led us toward the Riviera Maya and a brand new hotel there named Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa. This was the only resort we discussed with him at any length. Upon receiving our travel documents, imagine my surprise when I realized that he booked our airport transfer to the correct hotel that we were interested in but our accommodation was for a different hotel many miles away and not of our choosing.

They felt that it was not their problem and felt that they did not need to make corrections to any part of it. We tried numerous times to reconcile this discrepancy with them. This was their mistake and they did not want to take responsibility for it. I am disgusted by their customer service, or should I say lack thereof? I will never again use Liberty Travel. I am thankful for the fact that I thoroughly checked the documents as soon as I received them or we would have had a terrible experience upon arrival.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2012

Liberty Travel NYC - I booked a cruise on Disney with agent Laurie **, and she sold me on the package rather than an Atlantis vacation to the Bahamas, which was $2,000 cheaper because we did not need to go and get passports (supposedly!) Not true! We were stopped from boarding our Thanksgiving Day cruise with our tenacious 3-year-old boy and held for 6 hours, while my frantic husband ran around getting birth certificates from different agencies and having neighbors break into our home and fax documents to the custom agents! It was horribly stressful, and we lost a full day. Travel agent denied the whole thing and would not even morally take responsibility for her mistake. I’m absolutely disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2012

We went to Liberty's Forest Hills office to plan our trip to various European cities. In arriving at the hotel in Brussels and Amsterdam, we were extremely disappointed and dissatisfied with their recommended hotels. Poor location of hotel placed us near the "red Light" district and far from the requested historical center of Brussels, and was not within public transportation. Liberty's rate charge was double of that listed on the web page of the Trianon Hotel in Amsterdam. This hotel's room was tiny beyond belief and dirty, and not at all like the photos advertised on their website. Requested partial refund ($354.00) of the total room charge was denied by Liberty.

Liberty's claims of no responsibility, even though they recommended these two hotels, is completely ridiculous. They claim that they are not responsible because they use "Travelbound" for information, which really means the customer is ultimately responsible. This is why it is ridiculous to use Liberty to make any travel plans abroad. In addition to writing numerous letters to Liberty, all this has been documented and filed with the New York Times Travel Editor.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2012

No help when planning a destination wedding - I utilized the North Hills branch of Liberty Travel in Pittsburgh, PA. Through my wedding party, Liberty Travel booked approximately 12 rooms at Secrets Wild Orchid in Jamaica. The travel agent did not book us as a group at the resort. Therefore, rooms were not together nor were there any perks for the bride and groom as the resort was looking at each person utilizing my travel agent as individual bookings independent of our wedding party, which is completely the opposite of what she had told us when choosing to use her as our travel agent.

When I called her out on it, she told me it was not her choice but the resort’s choice. She said she would let the wedding coordinator know that we would have a group of people. What good was that going to do? Moreover, when I reached out to the wedding coordinator, they had no correspondence with the travel agent. When I called the resort to ask if they knew we were bringing a group of 28 to their resort for my wedding, they had no clue. I was then instructed to gather all of the information from the travel agent and work directly with the resort, which I am now doing.

In addition to not following through, a close family friend called to book for my wedding last week, and the travel agent told her the resort was booked! Therefore, our friend called Apple Vacations and booked on that same telephone conversation. She was informed that this was their downtime through Apple Vacations and there was ample availability. I had confirmed with the travel agent that she could handle east coast and west coast travel; however, each time I would ask her for her recommendation on what good flight prices were from west coast to the Caribbean, she would say she was not sure.

Needless to say, I found a better rate than my travel agent and booked my own flights to Jamaica. At this point, what was the point of utilizing a travel agent? When I called to speak to manager of the North Hills, Pittsburgh location she asked me to speak directly with my travel agent and work out my concerns with her. If I was dissatisfied, why would the branch manager not try to help me? There was no consideration of the fact that my family, friends, and I had already given them a large amount of money and perhaps they should work alongside of us to make sure we were happy.

From that point forward, my travel agent’s emails were ill prepared, forgetting a proper greeting, or a proper ending; not a shred of customer service etiquette to be found. Her email responses were delayed and when she did, her response was to the point and partially helpful. The most stressful part of planning my wedding has been utilizing Liberty Travel. Not one person that has utilized this travel agent for my event has given me positive feedback, and have questioned my decision to continue to work with them. I chose to continue this business relationship based on the hope of an upgrade at the resort beings that was what was told to me through so many bookings for my wedding. However, once learning that this was not a possibility due to her error, I have washed my hands of Liberty Travel as of today. I will continue to work hand in hand with the resort, and spread the word not to utilize this agency for anything.

I work for a $4 billion company that is built on service, and I cannot imagine based off of this experience how Liberty Travel is keeping their doors open offering this type of service and troubleshooting. This travel or location was not engaged at all in the overall experience of their customer. A wedding is supposed to be a happy event in one’s life. Liberty Travel has not only made this journey miserable for me, but for those trying to travel to our event as well. Shame on them. Complete disappointment. I would discourage any bride thinking of using this agency. There are better-equipped professional agencies out there that will cater to the needs of their customer. It’s not worth it. We could have utilized Expedia, booked all of our guests travel for them, and been better off.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2012

A cruise to Alaska was scheduled for a party of six departing on Sept. 9, 2012. Liberty Travel made all arrangements including an earlier stay on Sept. 8, 2012 at the Double Tree Hotel in Seattle. I have requested from the agent the address and confirmation of our reservation. I do not think that this is an unusual request to want to know where you are staying. A call was made to the agent who stated that the information would be posted when we check in for the cruise. Needless to say, the information was not there. Several calls were made to the agent who has not returned any of my calls. I have used Liberty Travel for the past 31 years. Never have I had a problem until now. Unfortunately, you can't find good help these days.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2012

I have not used Liberty Travel before. It was my first time and now my last. When I was at the travel agency, the agent (** of the Parsippany NJ office) upon my saying that we are Hilton Honors members said that I could use my Hilton Honors card when I get to the hotel that I booked at to get my points. She totally lied. Thank God I called Hilton before I went on my trip. They informed me that by booking through a third-party that I wasn't eligible for the points. I called ** back and she made up some story that we discussed this. She said that she told me that I could not get the points. No, **, you did not tell me that. You are a liar and I am going to tell everyone I know. I will never use Liberty Travel again. They obviously use deceitful people and practices. Shame on both Liberty Travel and **. I don't know how you sleep at night being a liar. This whole experience has left me not only angry but leery. Anyone ever thinking of using Liberty Travel, beware: they lie.

Original review: July 24, 2012

My son, his wife and 2 children were scheduled to go to Disney World on 7/24/2012 on US Airways’ flight 1020. The flight was cancelled and they had to wait in the airport for over 8 hours for another flight. Liberty Travel was absolutely no help. They put them on a flight where they needed to change planes with 2 small children that were exhausted. They lost a full day and a horrible start for a vacation that they were looking forward and saved for years. US Airways is a horrible airline and they were told at Liberty that if they traveled with Southwest, they weren't guaranteed to be able to sit together, which is a lie from the very start. I have had dealings with Liberty Travel and had I known that this was the travel agent that they were using, I would have told to forget it and go somewhere else. I called to see if they could be compensated and the rude person told me that it "wasn't her fault and there was nothing they could do." Please do not use this travel agency if you want to have a nice vacation.

Original review: July 1, 2012

Nothing but great service for my family over the last decade using our Liberty Travel agent. She has been helpful and courteous to my family - even calling to check in regularly once my father became ill. They have called to inform me of better deals than what I have already booked, so many positives, I don't know what else to say. I have followed my agent from the store I met her at, to her new store that she became manager of once it opened. I will continue to use this business as long as I can.

Original review: June 30, 2012

I called Liberty Travel on Wednesday, 6/27/12 to beat a deal I found online. I was told the back office was closed. The rep, Tim, said he was off the next day but put in the request for the price guarantee. I called the next day, Thursday to let the agency know (left a message with Mike) that the deal was for 3 days and we needed to move on booking. I received a call back on late Friday that the rooms were booked and not available. I was told I was better off booking it myself. I not only lost a good online deal, I ended up paying more for the trip. I would never recommend this agency! Gallery location in Philadelphia! I totally wasted my time and energy with this agency and was told to look on my own. Why are they in this business?

Original review: May 18, 2012

Two weeks ago, my husband and I went into Liberty Travel to book our family's vacation for November. We booked a trip for Montego Bay, Jamaica. I didn't find that they were running such great deals as our agent went on and on about. But the flight was supposed to leave at 6am, and on our last day, the flight didn't leave until after 6pm. We decided that because this was a 6-night, 7-day trip, we would take it.

Yesterday, I received a call from our agent. As of July 1, Air Jamaica would no longer be in business and that we would have to go with another airline and lose a half of a day on our trip. I asked if I would be able to cancel our trip and get a full refund. I was told no. I asked if they would take money off our trip because we lost time, and the answer was no. I feel that it reflects on Liberty Travel, considering this was the travel agency I went with. I understand that they have nothing to do with the airlines. Neither do I!

Today, I called and spoke with the rude manager. She said that if she took money off my trip, she would have to do it for thousands of people. Liberty Travel should! I have used this travel agency for the past 26 years. I will not use them in the future! This August, I plan on taking a trip, just my husband and myself. I can tell you I will not use this travel agency to do so. Considering I book for 6 people every year, they have lost a lot of my money! Today, I was told that I can get my money back but it would take three months to do so. This is just bad business in my opinion. I'm a dissatisfied customer!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2012

My family have been in America for six years and had first family trip since my family have immigrated to America. I would like to share my experiences that happened during the trip.

My family had a contract with Liberty Travel in Flushing, NY. We were supposed to be in Florida from January 14th to 17th with airplane tickets, hotel, rental car and 4-day hopper ticket in Disney World for family. According to the contract, I have to pickup the Disney tickets at the hotel. So we went to hotel to check-in and asked the front desk people to give Disney 4-day hopper tickets. But the female worker at the front desk told us to go to Disney World to pickup the ticket because they don’t have it. So we called Liberty Travel and my agent, Rio, was off on January 14th Saturday. Another agent, Grace, at the same Liberty Travel office at Flushing tell us to pick up the ticket at the Disney World.

So we went to Disney World and checked with Disney World ticket booth lady. The lady says there is no such reservation for 4-day hopper ticket for 4 people. She told us the ticket number that we had in voucher is wrong. Because the reservation number is supposed to be with three first-letters of my first name and one last-letter of my last name plus some numbers, (e.g., Brian R. should be BRIS), but we had strange initials. In front of the ticket booth, we called Liberty Travel and the agent, Grace, and the ticket booth worker was finding the 4-day hopper tickets for 2 hours, but they could not find the tickets at all.

The travel agent, Grace, told us to buy the one-day hopper tickets for my family and bring the receipt with me when I come back. They will refund us. And next three days, from 15th to 17th, we have to deal with Rio who is our agent. And she disconnected the phone call because that is not her job. So we bought the tickets at that place and went in to Disney World.

Next day, Grace told that my agent will call me, but he did not call us before 11. So we called the travel agent again, but Rio said I can not refund money of your one-day hopper tickets. So we said, “Didn’t you say your company will deal with that?” Then he said, “Oh, I will refund all the money, including the 4-day hopper tickets for family and one-day hopper tickets that you purchased.”

And we have the email that he sent. That was on 16th January. My family had to deal with that for 3 days despite we had only 4 days to travel. After we returned to New York, we requested refund for 4-day hopper tickets that we did not use, but Rio, the agent, said this is not their company’s fault. I will deal with Disney and get refund. And he changed his attitude. We requested refund for the one-day hopper and he said Grace lied to you because their company people thought that tickets will ruin the travel, so he repeated I will deal with Disney to give refund, not from Liberty Travel!

I think there is a big contradiction. He said my family name was written wrong at Disney, but how can we get into airplane, rental car and hotel without any problem of name? How come only Disney have a problem with names? One who did wrong is Liberty Travel, not us because we checked everything that Rio writes on the computer when I pay the money for the travel.

I remember the ticket booth lady. She listened to our experiences and advised us choose good travel company when you do that. The ticketing problem occurred and reported on 14th January, but office said they will check with Disney World when our family came back to New York. I know during a trip that any types of problems can happen, but travel agents and companies have responsibilities to resolve these problems rapidly.

Liberty Travel never tried to solve problem; they just avoid the responsibilities and tried to waste our time in the traveling. This is my family’s first travel since we came to America and Liberty Travel messed up our priceless and valuable travel. I am very tired to wait without any notice from travel agents and Liberty Travel. Rio told us that he will notice it by January 25th. I will keep posting the progress online. I hope everything is solved as soon as possible and give thank to everyone who read this long letter.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2011

We had gone to Liberty Travel to book our 2nd trip to Mexico, since last year we went and totally enjoyed our stay. This year we had booked a stay at the same resort (Dreams) for 10/28 - 11/4. Everything seemed okay until we received a call about 2 days before 10/28 from Paula. She said that there was a hurricane heading for Mexico, so the trip may have to be rescheduled. Indeed, it did have to be rescheduled due to the hurricane and we had to move it up 2 days and change our work schedules as well. However, upon our plan to leave 10/30 and return 2 days later, I called the airport that morning only to find out the flight was cancelled yet again due to a snowstorm in NY.

Therefore, we headed straight for Liberty Travel to be greeted by Timothy since Paula was out that day. Paula was our original vacation planner. Timothy was kind enough to cancel the trip for us and seemed to have it all under control. At this point, we were just frustrated with it all. And both my husband and I could not really reschedule with our jobs again since we had already lost money with the 2 days we had to push the trip ahead. I am a personal trainer and lost clients for the days I cancelled. My husband is in the beer business and his job does not allow him to just pick and choose days to take vacations. It has to be well in advance. At this point, we were figuring on just getting our money back when we saw Timothy.

The next day since we did have off, I told my husband we should really go back to Liberty to verify with both Timothy and Paula that we were getting all of our money back and when. So, it was with my decision to go back to them that we found out that Timothy never told Paula that we did not travel due to the snowstorm nor did he cancel the trip with the hotel. Luckily, we decided to come in as Paula quickly got on the computer and emailed the hotel that we would not be there. She then convinced us to reschedule rather than cancel. My husband made the decision to check with his job to book it in December, giving enough advance notice and so I agreed as well, which we know helped Liberty not lose out also. At this point, Paula did tell us that it would cost us an additional $80. But she said that would be all. It would cost us in additional charges, nothing more.

This being our anniversary night, we went out to dinner only to receive a call from Liberty (Paula) that night. She proceeded to tell us that the Dreams hotel was going to charge us a one-night cancellation fee for cancelling the trip! I did not take the call, my husband did. You could imagine my upset as it was not our fault, since Timothy is the one who did not notify the hotel that we were not coming. Besides the fact, that if we did not come in to Liberty the next day, they would never have been notified. So, would they have charged us for the whole week due to Liberty Travel's mistake? Anyway, my husband was polite and allowed her the time to fix the mistake, even after I called back and pointed it out to her that it had to be due to Timothy not cancelling it right away. She of course denied that this was the reason. She said she was trying to work it out and may have to get us into another hotel but would have things worked out for us either way.

Long story short, she did get it worked out, so she said. She got us into the Valentin Imperial for the same price (no extras), just the $80 and that it was a 5 star hotel. The only difference was that this was an all adult hotel (even better). She requested that upon receipt of us getting the refund from the airlines, to pay them back and we would be all set. So, we did the right thing. When the airlines paid us back, we went directly to them and paid them the refund and the additional $80. We got a paid in full invoice and waited for them to give us the itinerary for our trip. And we waited, and waited, and waited. We heard nothing. About 5 days before the trip, my husband called their office and spoke to Michelle. She said she would have the info before the end of the week. Needless to say, we were panicking now.

We had our airline info but no hotel info and we had only a few days before leaving. The next day, Michelle called me and said, “Okay, we have info and I will email to you.” We did get it and all (we thought) was in order. We were set to go and hoping for a good stay and good hotel, etc. However, the day before, Michelle called again only to ask us if we received the refund from the airlines. I was shocked as yes we did get it and promptly gave it to them. Michelle replied with “No, that was for only one ticket. You still have to pay for the other ticket.” At this, I gave the phone to my husband because now I was again very angry and this whole thing is really ** me off now.

They know ** well it was for both tickets and they are paid in full and we received our paid in full invoice! My husband told them this. She said, “Well, Paula said you still owe for $250 more in airline tickets.” My husband replied by saying, “Will this affect our trip now?” Michelle said, “No, but we will have to handle it when you get back.” How ridiculous is this company? Are you kidding me? To make matters even worse, the room we had at this new so-called 5 star hotel was small. It smelled like urine and mold, mildew! The phone had a dirty rag smell to it and the time clock was broken. We requested a new room and never got it. Our view was that of a jungle! And we had to pay $80 more for this. They should have paid us. Now she thinks she is going to get $250 more from us.

This company is nuts and for all this aggravation they should pay us! I enjoyed going away and Mexico is beautiful. The hotel itself was nice, but our room was horrible. The stay in it was lousy and definitely not worth the money. And Liberty Travel is a horrible place, thanks to Paula and her horrible way of doing business. She made the trip nothing but stressful for me and I regret ever going to see her for this! I will never recommend her or Liberty Travel ever again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2011

I live in Arizona and decided to go on a European cruise with family members who reside in New Jersey. Since everyone was in NJ, they decided to use Liberty Travel and I went along so that all reservations would be the same. Biggest mistake I could have made. Here are the blunders they made:

1. Overcharged (double) for flight insurance on the leg from Phoenix to Newark. And they did not tell me for 6 months.
2. Got the insurance and gave the incorrect name for my wife.
3. Said she corrected name issue but never gave me documentation.
4. Never gave frequent flyer numbers to airline for flight to Europe and to and from Phoenix.
5. Billed me via email for cruise balance and wanted $700 more than last invoice she had furnished. Changes were made and she never told me.
6. Flight schedule time and flight numbers changed. I was never informed of this change.

7. Never mailed me my final documents for the cruise and flight to Europe. She just gave them to another member of the party and did not call to ask if it was okay. Hopefully this person will not get run over by a bus before I see them and get my documents.

Throughout the process, she has ignored me and dealt only with those in NJ. If I did not learn things from another person in the group, I did not have the info. For this they received over $800 in commission. Biggest rip off ever for me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2011

I have been planning my destination wedding to Jamaica with the group department for ten months now. It has been the worst experience of my life. Our agent named Dawn takes days to return emails and never returns phone calls. My guests have been calling me with a million questions and complaints about her. I chose a destination wedding because I didn't want a lot of hassle. I was told that the hotel was difficult to work with and she tried to convince me to switch hotels. I have been dealing with the hotel directly because she won't do it. I sent an email to Dawn and it took three weeks to hear from her. I can't wait to get hold of her and make the last payment so I never have to see her name ever again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2011

I, along with about fifteen other people in a group, booked travel to Riu Palace Paradise Island, Bahamas. We were traveling there for my wedding. I experienced several issues at the hotel and then the night of my wedding my 1-year-old daughter was ill so she had to be taken to the hospital in Nassau. Then due to lack of care, I had to contact my travel agent to get us on a flight to Miami as soon as possible. All in all, we incurred about $2,000 in extra charges due to this.

When I returned I found out from a friend, who booked through honeymoons, inc, that we could have purchased international traveller's insurance which would have covered us. So when I spoke to my travel agent, she stated that she offered it to me but she definitely did not. Then I spoke with everyone in my group and they were not offered the insurance either. When I spoke with Dawn, Jessica's manager, she stated that she would speak to Riu in reference to my issues with them as well and between Riu and Liberty, I would have a honeymoon and the most I would need to pay for was airfare.

Well here is the offer from Liberty as far as the honeymoon is concerned, I have two options. We can do the Riu, Santa Fe in Cabo with air, hotel accommodations, all taxes and airport transfers for $1,650.00 total for two adults. I also have the Iberostar Tucan in the Mexican Riviera for a total of only $1,350.00. The travel dates are September 25th for 4 nights and per Dawn, we have discount from them for $100.00. I am off tomorrow but I'll be back on Friday at 10am.

I want a resolution to this and I would like what I was promised. And I will share my experience to anyone that will listen. It was a horrible thing to happen to someone on their wedding day, when a lot of trouble would have been alleviated with the insurance that I was not offered.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2011

I try not to complain about business practices unless the issue is extreme and in this case, I believe it is. I've used Liberty Travel in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania and absolutely loved the service I received from them. The agent was extremely helpful, direct and courteous. When my family decided to take a trip to Jamaica my first thought was to use Liberty Travel even though my parents have an agent at a different company. My thinking was that I knew this company gave top notch service and vacations aren't cheap so I wanted to use the company- who in my mind- was the best. Approximately three weeks ago, I called Liberty Travel at ** which transferred me to the branch in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. I thought I would get the King of Prussia branch but I figured it's the same company so it should have been fine. I asked a bunch of questions (but in hindsight, not enough) including if I find a cheaper price will Liberty Travel price match? The answer given to me by the agent was clear and to the point- yes.

I called back a few days later because I forgot to ask how much the deposit was and after getting that cleared up I asked again about the price matching because I knew that different sites offer different prices and I wanted to make sure I was getting the best deal. The agent again confirmed that Liberty Travel price matches. About 2 weeks later- on a Thursday- I called to book my trip. Because I booked over the phone, the contract was emailed to me for my signature and I had to send it back. I viewed the contract which states in part:

Cancellation fees will apply once booked- these fees may be up to 100% of total booking cost. Price and availability: prices and availability quoted above are subject to change (at the sole discretion of our suppliers and are due to space sellout/demand) at any time until full payment has been revived and tickets have been issued.

On Monday, only a few days later, my parents called me stating that their agent contacted them stating that the hotel was running a sale and their trip will cost $300.00 less than originally quoted. They received a quote from Destinationwedding.Com for the same trip, the same dates, amount of people, the same room- EVERYTHING- exactly the same but for $300.00 cheaper so I called the agent at Liberty Travel that helped me and asked her about the price matching. Again she stated that they can price match but she'll need the quote which I immediately sent to her. She said she'll need to contact her manager and she'll get back to me the next day. She mentioned that the original quote given to my parents was from a previous date so I let her know the original quote was from a previous date BUT their agent changed the quote because the hotel was running a sale and I wanted the sale price. I was highly upset because the tone of her voice made me feel as if she had no intention of price matching so I told her that if the trip couldn't be price matched I would cancel. She informed me that they booked through Apple Vacations who would keep my deposit if I canceled the trip. I asked for the phone number to Apple Vacations so I could confirm that information for myself. The agent gave me:**.

I called this number and the customer service representative who I spoke to stated that there was a $45.00 cancel fee but that was it. They wouldn't keep my entire deposit since I would be canceling so early. At this point I felt as if I was being misled by Liberty Travel but I wanted to see what the manager was going to say. The next day, I received a call from the manger and she informed me that they only price match at the time of booking- not after and it says that on the contract. Additionally, she let me know that Liberty Travel books the best price and the lowest price which clearly isn't the case if someone else booked the same vacation for $300.00 cheaper. A few things I wanted to point out: first, when I spoke to the travel agent (on multiple occasions) she said no such thing in regards to price matching only prior to booking. Secondly, nowhere in the contract does it state that price matching only occurs at the time of booking. We went back and forth on that issue until I asked about the cancellation policy.

Clearly she was not going to honor what her agent told me and I don't like doing business with dishonest companies so I wanted to cancel the trip and book elsewhere. She told me that in order for me to cancel I would need to forfeit my deposit because that was the policy for Apple Vacations. I let her know that I called Apple and they told me something different and she then said that it was Liberty Travel's policy. At this point, I'm certain that Liberty Travel has misled me. First I was told that a price match could be done if a cheaper price was found. The only time I was told that policy is valid before booking only was after I booked. In my opinion, failure to disclose information is the same as lying. Then I was told I couldn't get my deposit back because of Apple’s policy but according to Apple, that was also a lie. Then I was told it was Liberty Travel's policy, not Apple’s.

I am extremely disappointed in the Liberty Travel Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania branch. They seem to be dishonest people who only want to make money off of half truths and misguided information. The bottom line for me is that I was told I could price match- plain and simple. The agent never mentioned policy, procedure, conditions or terms. Omission is the same as lying in this instance. Had she been upfront with me and let me know that the price match couldn't happen after the fact I would have no issue. Had she told me she couldn't price match when I called her about the cheaper price I definitely wouldn't be writing this letter however, the agent on multiple occasions provided me with false information.

I have only once in my life complained about a company because I felt that I was doing the community an injustice by not stepping up and saying what happened so it truly bothers me that I now have to write this about a company I thought was trustworthy. It's possible this agent is new and didn't know the policy of the company. It's possible that maybe she misspoke but the lack of her and her manager’s ability to rectify this situation is appalling and frankly should be deemed unacceptable. Using this branch is ill advised in my opinion and that's not to say all Liberty Travel locations are like this but I completely feel taken advantage of and wish that I never called them to book my trip. This was the first time using them and will most definitely be the last. I am more than happy to provide the name of the agent who assisted me and the manager who called. I didn't include the names in this blog only because I don't know what legal issues would stem from that but I want to make as many people aware of their shady business practices. If you want quality, straightforward service do yourself a favor and avoid this branch at all costs. Otherwise the price you pay may end up being inflated.

I will be sending this letter to the corporate offices of Liberty Travel, the Consumer Reports Division of Fox 29 news as well as 6ABC News, my local representatives, Liberty Travel head quarters, ASTA- American Society of Travel Agents in addition to sending this letter to 8 travel websites, Facebook, MySpace and to all 3 social groups I am a part of. I want people to know the dishonest practices that take place at this branch and I want Liberty Travel to recognize that there are businesses that actually value its integrity and appreciate its customers. The Plymouth Meeting branch of Liberty Travel needs to familiarize their self with those types of businesses and strive to follow in their footsteps.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2011

I was about to book a trip with Liberty Travel. Subsequently, I discovered that they won't take my payment method. I have 750.00 dollars Liberty Travel vacation certificates. After spending a good part of the day, I was getting the runaround. I was told to email one of them, which I did. After they received it, they said the only one who could redeem them. My company PC Richard Son RCA, Thompson Electronic, General Electric, and Liberty Travel had an agreement to reward PC Richard Son's sales people with Liberty Travel vacation gift certificate based on performance. The salesman received in the late 90s. Please note that there is no expiration date on them. This woman Lorraine indicated to me that only the person's name, which is on the gift certificate, can redeem it. It's nowhere on this certificate. If someone at Liberty could take the time to see that anyone can redeem them for a package vacation. It's been like that for over 10 years.

Sales people have always helped each other out swapping them. One final note, Lorraine, who I believe is in corporate, indicated to me that only the person whose name is on the certificate can redeem it. Then, she said to me she has extended a courtesy to me. I have 750.00 dollars with a number of different names on them with different serial numbers. I will not let go due to their lack of experience. I am livid about this.

Liberty Travel Company Information