2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (126 ratings)

About Liberty Travel

Liberty Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

We just returned from our vacation to Punta Cana which you booked for us. I want to say that we are very dissatisfied with your booking process and the results that followed. It took us more than 75 minutes for Southwest to get us checked in almost missing our flight! My wife all but passed out waiting. After all was said and done, it was determined that you did not furnish them with all of the required information which caused the delay. I am not pleased with this kind of service nor am I accustomed to it. It was a nightmarish start of what was supposed to be a long expected relaxing vacation.

In order to resolve this, my wife had to be re-booked with a new seating position far from mine which I paid extra for to be in "A" boarding position. This is not how this should have played out but it was the only way we could get checked in. Needless to say we will not be booking with you or Liberty Travel again as we were advised by the Southwest Airlines supervisor who told us you did not handle the booking properly. He said, "Whatever you do, do not use that travel agent again". And we won't!

Original review: July 21, 2015

I booked a trip for my wife and I to take our honeymoon in Ireland. When my wife initially called to set things up, we had some trouble getting anyone to help us, so she called the corporate office. A manager there put us in touch with another branch location nearby the corporate office and assured us that we would receive excellent service. We did not. Although the agent told me to email her because she checks her mail constantly even when she is out of the office, after they took our money, phone calls and emails were ignored.

I finally called a supervisor named June to get a response from the travel agent which I did, but June promised to call back the next day to follow up. She didn't call, so a day later I tried to call her "direct line" she gave me (someone else answered and I had to play 20 questions to get to June) to ask why she didn't follow up. She indicate to me that the "team leader" who is the direct supervisor over our agent wanted to call me personally. June then stated that the team leader was right across the hall and that she would call me back "immediately." Anyone want to guess if I ever got that call back?

Original review: July 18, 2015

I booked a trip to St. Thomas with my husband, daughter, mother, niece and nephew through one of the Brooklyn offices. I have used this agent before and thought that everything would be ok. We have been having discussions regarding this and the people going since April. I had until June 30th to pay off the trip and was very excited on June 30th when she informed that we were officially booked. I asked her to email me my confirmation and itinerary since June 30 but never received an email. I didn't think anything of it because our previous experience was so great. I called for her a week later and they informed me she was on vacation so I tried back two weeks later. When I tried again I was informed that she was now back on vacation until July 27. I thought to myself "hey... everyone needs a vacation" so I asked the young lady who answered if she could possibly email me my itinerary and confirmation. She was very sweet and obliged.

After finally being able to review the information, I found out she had the wrong names on the itinerary and didn't book the flights for my mother, niece or nephew! I immediately called the agent who assisted me that day and asked if it was a typo or mistake. She told me she would contact my travel agent who was on vacation and get back to me. I waited about an hour and called her back. She told me that my agent said I didn't book flights for my mother, niece and nephew. I asked the agent why would I book only a hotel for them but a flight and hotel for my husband and daughter. How are they supposed to get there?!!! After a long silence, I asked her if there was still availability on the flights. She told there were but now they were $300 more per person!!! Then she tried to make an excuse for what happened and make it seem like I wasn't clear enough in my instructions to my agent! I will never use this company again!

Original review: June 26, 2015

So glad I read all the horrible reviews on Liberty Travel. Called and spoke w/ ** and she was so enthusiastic about planning a trip. I was very impressed with her skills during the initial phone call. I waited a couple of weeks, no response after leaving several messages. I called after the third week and she happened to answer the phone. I explained how disappointed I was with her and she responded it will be better and I thought ok, everyone deserves another chance. Waited another week and still nada. I called and was going to just speak with the supervisor to file a complaint (I honestly thought she must be new and just did not want to admit she did not know what she was doing) and I was told SHE IS THE SUPERVISOR... LOL... Thank you everyone, I dodged the bullet on this company.

Original review: June 24, 2015

I booked a trip with ** in June of 2014 to take a trip to Las Vegas later that month. I gave detailed instructions about what dates I needed the trip booked for and the price I wanted to pay. I finalized everything and paid for the trip. She was supposed to send me all the confirmations the same day I paid. Several days later, she sends me the confirmations and to my disbelief, she booked the trip for the wrong month. I immediately try and contact her via phone and email because my trip was supposed to be in a few days. She finally gets back to me and says it's my fault she booked the trip for the wrong date and she hopes I can still take trip.

I frantically have to book a new trip elsewhere because I had already planned the trip for June 2014. I asked ** when my money will be refunded because she booked the trip for the wrong month. I was given a partial refund and told I can use the airline tickets for up to one year. I was not happy with this but when I tried to contact **, she mysteriously was no longer employed at this company. I now had to deal with **. This new person was worst than **. She never returns calls or emails on time. We tried to use the airline tickets but she waited until after the one year mark to respond and now we can't use them. There's nothing like $1600 down the drain. During this whole process I received several internal emails from Liberty Travel so I know that they like profit off of these kinds of mistakes. Beware when using this company.

Original review: May 12, 2015

We were trying to book travel for our daughter's wedding and would be traveling with our adult son. He wanted to fly with us out there but needed to return earlier so we thought we would use a travel agent to coordinate the flights. We called Liberty Travel in Danvers and spoke with a woman there who talked us through all of the options and found flights that worked for the three of us. We then asked her to find us a hotel and car and she said she needed to work on that and call us back. No word from her so we called back four times over the next two days to see if she had booked the flight. She was always tied up. We started over with another agent, who got us the same flights and then told us that there was an additional $30/ticket airline fee. We checked with the airline and it turns out it was the travel agent's fee. I was so disgusted with their poor communication and dishonesty, we cancelled our reservations with them and made them with the airline.

Original review: March 30, 2015

When we booked with Liberty travel we were told 3 people could not stay in a room so we booked 3 rooms oceanfront. (Know we waited over 2 hours to see a travel agent when we had an appointment with ** but ended up speaking with **, ** never acknowledged us!) When we picked up our tickets they booked us 2 rooms. For some reason ** took over as our travel agent. She offered us the 3 room for $145 garden view. I said to her “you are the one who screwed up not us.” She said we signed the paper work for 2 rooms. I said to her “I really don't know what I signed as it was over 3 hours we were there and I just wanted to get out of there.” So we then decided to just keep the 2 rooms thinking they had 2 queen size beds. When we got there, there were only 2 double beds.

The hotel gave us a cot which sunk in the middle. I called our travel agent and she was very rude and said there was nothing they could do. I told her she should have told us they only had double beds as if we knew that we would have taken the extra room. I then called corporate and later that day they send up another double bed. Now my suggestion is please do not use Liberty Travel, they care nothing about customer service, their only concern is to make money!

Original review: March 20, 2015

I wasn't going to do this but I've tried several times today to get a response from ** at Liberty Travel in MA however, she is playing the ignoring game!! Let me start by saying that I have used her and Liberty for the past few years booking 2 cruises and 3 trips to Aruba. Apparently, this means nothing to her!! I booked another Aruba trip, well, the hotel that is about 6 months ago and gave a $300 down payment. My trip is the end of May so about a week ago, she leaves me a message that my flight had changed, oh I forgot to mention that I did all the research to get a good flight then called her so she could book and make a commission, which was nice of me to do, since I could have booked it myself, anyway, I've had a rough few months and just paid out a large sum of money to the IRS so I am a bit strapped, however, I do have plenty of time to come up with the balance of the hotel prior to the end of May.

I spoke to her about this and she informed me that Liberty could not wait for the money, that I had to come up with it or the reservation would cancel from her system. I said ok, so call the hotel and she informed me that she couldn't, so, I took the initiative and emailed them directly. They quoted me the same price that I was getting from Liberty for the hotel so I contacted ** and told her that they said all I had to do was put a deposit of 2 days down and they would save my room and I could pay the balance when I arrived. I was ecstatic!

I told ** and she told me not to call them and book that she would contact them and see what she could do. I complied with her and waited!! She told me if I canceled she could only refund $200 out the $300 that I had on deposit, okay, this is their policy, which I don't believe is smart, but, whatever. She then read the emails that I was sending to the hotel and said that I went behind her back and said I was being hounded for the money by Liberty. Wrong choice of word on my part, but, that's neither here nor there. Now she emails me and tells me that I should just cancel with her because she feels that I can't be trusted, when she knew full well that I had contacted the hotel directly!! If she couldn't do what was best for me, then I had to do it!! I found the flight myself and I spoke with the hotel myself!! Now she is playing baby games and not responding to any emails!!

This is the only way you can get in touch with her btw, I called several times yesterday and was told she with a customer or on the phone!! Little do they know that I drove there and parked off to the side where I could see her desk and called and was told the same thing, so they were lying for her because she didn't want to speak with me!! Still after that I emailed her today several times and asked her to either cancel or see what she could do with the hotel so she could still be in the loop but, she hasn't canceled or answered me!! This is supposed to be a professional!!!

Now she is holding me hostage, because if I book myself with the hotel, they will have double booking! I will NEVER again use them, especially her!! Very poor business practice!! When they want the money, or the deal, they are all over you, after that you are trash!! Oh and btw, last year she screwed up my reservation and I still went back to her again!! Shame on me for that! Do yourself a favor and stay away from Liberty Travel in Swansea, MA especially **!!!

Original review: March 18, 2015

My husband and I spoke with ** to book our vacation for the summer. ** didn't seem too interested in his job number one, and he also didn't seem to know what he was doing. He kept eating food in front of us which made the experience less enjoyable. Anyway, ** was able to get us the hotel we wanted but not the room view we wanted, but we are flexible people. Anyway our trip wasn't scheduled until May. We placed a partial deposit on the room for 500.00 and was told we needed to pay off the room 60 days prior to the trip. Then he bid us farewell.

Fast forward to two weeks later, an unexpected event caused my husband and I to cancel our trip that we have not even fully paid for and haven't taken. When we showed up and informed them that we were canceling our trip, ** insisted that we wait for him. 45 mins later we are still waiting, so we spoke with someone else. One agent told us we would get a full refund. We were happy. Two days later the manager calls and informs us that we were only getting 200.00 back of the 500.00 we deposited. They said it was a cancellation fee. We were not informed of said fee nor did they tell us what that fee was for - was it for the hotel or was it their fee and if so, why weren't we made aware??

Of course we asked these questions and no one answered them. They took over half of our deposit in a cancellation fee that seems suspicious to me. Will NEVER EVER USE THEM AGAIN!!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2015

Completely ruined our honeymoon. We flew to Punta Cana and had nowhere to stay. We paid for the best top floor ocean view suite at their recommended resort and they double-booked our room. We spent our honeymoon in twin beds after traveling to 3 different resorts and now they keep blowing us off as we try to either get our money back or get another trip. We even tried to fly home from our resort when we had nowhere to stay and no one would help us. We were stuck in another country!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2015

Wow, I should have read the reviews before doing business with Liberty Travel. Unfortunately I didn't, and after about 30 confusing phone calls with Liberty and probably even more emails and having my bank getting involved to verify information on invalid charges from Liberty, the trip finally happened. I originally booked a direct flight for my newly-wed daughter and her husband from Charlotte to NYC. They wound up being routed through Chicago, both ways...originally, they were staying near Times Square for Christmas ceremonies, wound up staying in Jersey City instead.

And the best part is I got all these DOWNGRADES at a mere $500 over the original price. Then if that wasn't enough, the return flight had to make an emergency landing (not Liberty's fault). My daughter couldn't wait until the next day for another connecting flight so they had to get a rental to get home in time for prior commitments. The airline offered to refund the return portion of the flight directly back to us but Liberty convened and tried to keep the refund and offered us a travel coupon that was good for another crappy vacation....but it didn't work. TAKE THAT! LIBERTY TRAVEL!!!...you SCUMBAGS...never again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2015

Just wanted to say THANK YOU! Thank you all for your reviews. I recently inquired about a Disney Cruise with Liberty. They sent me an email with the itinerary I wanted and an almost to good to be True price. Before committing I read the reviews. I also reread the email. OMG I feel like I dodged a bullet! The literary gave me the itinerary I wanted on the dates I needed however the itinerary was for the week before and the ship was the wrong one. A fact that I overlooked the first time I read it. But after the reviews I read it again. So I haven't even started and it has already begun! So thank you all I will not use liberty. I am so very sorry for You all who did and had bad experiences.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

While trying to plan my destination wedding, I was referred to a "group specialist" located in Center City, Philadelphia. I first spoke to her on the phone and I've never done this before so I was trying to think of all my questions as she was giving me some prices. She was rushing her answers and barely letting me get my thoughts and next questions out. Then we began emailing. She would only address one question in my emails and not answer anything else. Then she "forgot" to email me one day as I was awaiting some pricing. She then tried getting me to pick one place for her to get prices from when I already asked her for two places because we weren't set on one yet. It was like she didn't want to do it and wanted the quickest way.

Every time I had to ask additional questions, she would either not respond for days or not respond until I followed up again. She told me she would not recommend on place I asked about. But then didn't offer any other suggestions. She is the expert. She knows what I'm looking for so if she is not recommending this place then she should automatically suggest another. She didn't give me any other ideas, nothing at all. That is her job. I shouldn't have to ask her to do her job. Needless to say, I stopped contacting her and moved on to other travel agencies.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2015

We booked a trip to the Dominican Republic with 9 family members (spent over 20,000 us dollars) and the resort was misrepresented by Liberty. We tried to leave immediately and of course no one was available to help! Their compensation was insulting. A small credit to a future trip booked with them! Not only will we NEVER book anything with them, they've lost the business of 9 potential customers who will make all friends and family aware of a very unpleasant experience! DON'T USE LIBERTY. They will take your money and don't care after that point!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

After having booked and spent over $8K on two recent trips through the Liberty Travel Philadelphia office (Cancun and Puerto Rico) I remain significantly challenged, and at this point very, very upset, with the lack of honesty and responsiveness received. In June and August, I found the Liberty Travel agent, Andrea ** , helpful and responsive. But when we left on our Christmas holiday (and Andrea moved on to a new job) our trip fell absolutely apart. I have yet to receive appropriate feedback for resolution. Rather I was advised that the cost of fixing the agency’s mistake was too large and that they would be unwilling to offer any resolution. In short Liberty resolution is; Sorry - too bad for you...

Finally, I have had to be the one to pursue access and solution regarding the situation generated by Liberty Travel. I am beyond frustrated with the current approach, tone and lack of transparency/access. Therefore, I am left to take my experiences and wish for accessible resolution to social media. Please contact me.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

While trying to book a family vacation we met with 3 travel agencies to get the best price. Liberty Travel in Little Falls met the price and so even after he contacted the other travel agency after I asked him not to, we decided to book with him because he was nearby. He never explained to me that he had blocked out the seats on the airplane the first night I spoke with him. I started to panic thinking the plane was filling up and therefore the price of the flight was going up. The night I went to leave a deposit, he wouldn't confirm the price until the next day. I didn't leave any credit card numbers because now I wasn't sure he could deliver what he promised. The next day he called and said the price went up $100 per person (there were 31 of us).

He was apparently annoyed we were being smart consumers and shopping around and called back one of the other travel agents and said I had left all the credit information with him and it was pretty much a done deal. The other travel agency dropped our seats on the plane assuming he was being truthful, which he wasn't. I called to speak to a manager and she backed up her salesperson. In the end we booked with the other agency with the price promised. If you are planning a vacation and want to work with honest professionals do not even waste your time at Liberty Travel in Little Falls.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

My families experience with Liberty Travel in Nanuet, New York can be summed up with one word: WRETCHED!!!!! Our "travel agent" Denise ** is the worst person I have ever come across in my life in regards to "customer service". This woman is not only rude, condescending, and hostile, she thinks that people will buy her **. Upon paying for a vacation IN FULL, 3 months prior to departure, no confirmation numbers were given to us less than a week before the trip after repeatedly requesting them. When asked for the HOTEL reservation code (so that we can view our reservation directly on the hotel's website) we were told that it was not available. How can it NOT be available when we paid in full and were supposedly "confirmed!" The entire deal was shady and suspicious.

When I called the hotel directly, I was told that the confirmation number Liberty Travel supplied us was their own and not for the hotel. It is less than a week until our trip and we do not know that when we arrive at our destination if we will have the specific room we paid for IN FULL or even have a room at all. This agent kept giving us the run around, stalling for time, which is a tactic this agency uses to make sure the customer does not cancel the trip and they still receive their commission. This is a scam and Liberty Travel and this resort are probably in cahoots with one another to scam unsuspecting customers. I am going to make a formal complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General's office. This agency should be investigated. They take money for a product and do not deliver any confirmation or guarantee. STAY AWAY FROM LIBERTY TRAVEL!!!! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS AGENCY OR DENISE **!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

I sent a summary of my experience on a trip to Italy, Greece, and Turkey on board the Serenade of the Seas on Sunday November 2, 2014. The trip began Saturday, October 16 returning on Friday, October 31. My travel consultant, Gail ** of Catonsville, Maryland Office, booked the trip. Ms. ** informed us prior to our departure from Dulles International airport that she was on vacation. The majority of our group of 16 arrived at our hotel in Rome after an eight-hour flight around 9:30 and told to walk around the neighborhood nearby until rooms were ready at noon. Many of us slept in the hotel lobby which was quite small. I’m sure we looked a complete spectacle sleeping in the tiny hotel lobby. The hotel didn't seem to know what time to expect us and consequently had no rooms available for early check-in. The hotel offered breakfast, but since we couldn't check in, we weren't offered breakfast. This was confusing.

But I wondered if the hotel's lack of desire to accommodate us stemmed from the fact that as of September 20 nearly a month prior to our arrival our documentation included a note indicating that Ms. ** had not confirmed our flight itinerary with the hotel. Despite the fact that our airline arrangements had in fact already been arranged and confirmed by that date. Ms. ** seemed unaware of the additional 6 Euro per person, per room fee which inexplicably wasn't charged until the next morning.

Once we began our cruise, Royal Caribbean repeatedly confused my stateroom-mate's charges. It wasn't until the 5th day (of a 9 day cruise) that the issue was finally resolved. I realize that Liberty Travel nor our travel agent were (or should have been) responsible in any way for our personal ship charges, but we were having such a difficult time at one point I questioned whether my understanding of the Cruise lines charges and policies was incorrect -- and hoped that she might assist the cruise staff to explain the procedures to me. However, Ms. ** was on vacation as she mentioned several times during this trip. Although she didn't say that she WOULDN'T help, the fact remains that she DIDN'T.

Ms. ** arranged for the transfer from the cruise port back to another hotel in Rome. For reasons known only to Ms. **, the bus was scheduled to arrive 2 1/2 hours after we debarked from the ship at 8:30am. Seating in the pickup area was limited so our group literally stood in the parking lot for two and half hours. The second hotel was a total dump (with 4 stars no less). My attempt to convey my discomfort resulted in me learning that Ms. ** prefers and rests best on very hard mattresses. Good for her. My bed was not only hard -- which would have been fine with me -- but I could feel the wire because the mattress had no padding. I didn't expect her to intervene and get a new mattress, but maybe note my comment for a later review of the hotel's suitability for future customers. She made it quite clear that she was not entertaining any discussion regarding our view of this trip -- she was on vacation.

At no time during this 13-day trip did Ms. ** gather our group together to provide information or updates. Even when it resulted in miscommunication within the group. Ms. ** created and fostered friction within the group that wasn't resolved until just before we returned from Rome. This was uncomfortable and awkward at times to say the least and to my mind, completely unnecessary. When our flight from Rome was delayed by two hours and we missed our connecting flight from Newark, NJ to Dulles Airport, I made my own arrangements to catch a connecting flight to another nearby airport. At the ticket counter, Ms. ** approached me, loudly demanding to know what I was going to do, if I was in the group or out? I was completely taken aback at this because for the past two weeks, she clearly and repeatedly expressed her "on vacation" status. Why would I now expect any service from her?

A couple of days after returning home, Ms. ** sent an email to the entire group expressing her view of her vacation thanking those whom she enjoyed spending time with and telling unnamed "others" it was an experience. Considering that this happened to be my vacation as well, I would definitely conclude that I, too, had an "experience" one that I will not repeat. I attempted to contact Liberty Travel several times to relate my dissatisfactory experience without a response of any kind from anyone. So I guess Liberty Travel is on vacation.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

We book a wedding at Beaches resort in Jamaica a few years back (sorry I just found this particular site). We were not told about a two hour drive to the resort and a stop so locals can sell you their items and charge you crazy amounts for drinks. The wait time to checking was 4 or more hours even though we arrived well after check in time. My girls were tired from the plane ride and two hour ride that they laid on the couches in the lobby. They advised us food was available near the beach, frozen hamburgers and fries was not exactly what I expect from an all inclusive resort. Once we were able to get into our room we were appalled at what we entered into. The room was disgusting to say the least, mold in the shower, outdated bedding, ceiling fan and air were broken. Our ocean view room wasn't what I would call exactly ocean view since it was mostly courtyard with a slight view of the ocean between some palm trees. The beach that was in the brochure they showed us looked like a big beautiful serene beach, nope not exactly, it was about 10 feet deep and full of seaweed. The water crafts were never available stating the 6 inches in waves were not safe, lol.

I got to the point of being so angry that I demanded they opened up their excursions where they finally decided the 6" waves would be OK to take out a small sailboat (forgot what it was called exactly), the horseback riding excursions prices were completely and utterly ridiculous! I ejected to catch a local riding down the beach with his horses and asked him about his price, $25.00 an hour, and although funny at times and you may see some interesting sites along the way to say the least, lol it was one of the highlights of our trip that we still laugh about to this day. We were not told about any of this and led to believe this would be a vacation of a lifetime, yup that it sure was! We would NEVER book through Liberty again.

After doing extensive research on Liberty Travel and talking with 3 former employees I found employee ratings no higher the 3 stars and customer service rating only 2. If a company cannot hold customer service to the highest standards and employees are not very strong in the field then it wouldn't be my choice. A company is only strong as it's leadership. Also unknown to me to Liberty Travel was bought out by a company based in Australia. I use to book several trips through them years ago and will no longer use them for future travel. So sad because this use to be an amazing company with high standards. I've always been wary of booking complete packages online but from the nightmares I've read online about them I'll take my chances with another company or book myself.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

I have used Liberty Travel in the past and have been happy with them. Our last travel booking was a HUGE disappointment. We booked and paid in full in February for our trip in September. Once we paid we did not hear another word from our travel agent. We requested specific seats on the plane, and although they were economy bookings (8 hour flight), we did not get seats until 2 weeks before our trip and that was only after we went in 2x and another agent booked our seats. Needless to say they were not what we wanted. We only heard from our agent after we made an appointment to see her and told her that we were unhappy with the service she provided regarding this trip. We upgraded our seats on our return flight just so that we could be comfortable and close to each other. I do know that we have booked other trips through another agency and their agent was in contact with us in the interim between paying for the trip and departure. Unfortunately, our agent at Liberty was an assistant "team leader". I hope she does better by her team than she did by us.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2014

We booked our cruise in May of 2013 for a January 2014 cruise. When gave them our information I told them we had 21 & 17 year old young men. We were told there would be a queen bed and pull outs (pull out to me is cot and/or sofa). My son had some medical issues and we had to reschedule our trip to this October (in 5 weeks). Since May of 2013 our original agent that booked us would never return calls and when we went in to speak with her she said she had no time and pushed us off to another agent (who had just started that week). She seemed very helpful but needed help from other agents. Next thing I'm getting an email from Liberty Travel that we are going back to the original agent, and a few weeks later another email that now we are with yet another agent who happens to be the manager. Still same thing going on as far as not getting return calls or being able to meet with her.

In August I went online to look at our cruise and book some excursions. I could not access it. I tried calling to no avail and NO RETURN call again. Finally get her and she says our booking number has changed and not sure why but will find out and call me back. NOTHING..... Now we are less than 5 weeks out and we call Wed to see if there are any upgrades or amenities. We are told that now they have moved our cabin and gave us a whopping $75 on-board credit. So I ask if our boys will be able to fit on the upper berths and I was told they should but their feet might hang over. I said no I mean weight wise. She says “yeah it should be fine.”

I called Royal Caribbean Wed night and was told the berths have a 185 lb weight limit!!!! Not going to work. Now it's Saturday and we are no closer to getting this resolved because Royal states they can't do anything until they speak to the agent. They have put a cabin on hold but said we might have to pay more money. I told them not going to happen. This was the agent’s fought. We paid $4000 for this cruise and it has been nothing but a huge nightmare from the door. I feel at this point they should give us our money back so we can book from someone reputable or move us to a quad room or something that our boys will be able to fit/sleep comfortably. If this wasn't going to work (ocean view stateroom) they should have said something when we requested that due to me telling them our boys are over 6' and go 190 and 260 lbs.

Original review: July 1, 2014

I want to caution everyone who is thinking of booking with Liberty Travel. I bought a plane ticket to New Orleans and paid $420. At the last minute my trip was cancelled. Because the ticket was not refundable I booked a flight to another destination, and found out that the value of my ticket was only $410. Liberty Travel charged me an additional $10 for no reason. I also paid for a hotel reservation for 3 nights, $417 ($139/night). I called the hotel to cancel, and was told that I would be charged for one night ($139), but that the cancellation had to made through the travel agent. Liberty Travel made the cancellation, but charged me $210, an extra $71!! Can anyone explain these extra charges?! It is a scandal and a swindle. Particularly beware of the Liberty Travel Agency at 2144 Broadway at 75th St. in NYC, and of the smiling agent **.

Original review: June 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I were scheduled to attend my sister's wedding. My boyfriend had a sudden death in the family and could not attend. Liberty Travel did not try to help us with our so-called "insurance". We have contacted the airline for help and they have been trying to accommodate us. Liberty Travel did nothing. We weren't asking for a full refund. We just wanted to either switch to a passenger who hadn't booked yet who just so happen to be the father of the bride. Even if we could have a credit for a trip for a later date that would be fine. But to lose $1150 is absolutely ridiculous. I will never book again. I advise to not have a sudden death In family after booking!!!

Original review: June 3, 2014

Liberty travel screwed it up from the beginning. We were apart of a destination wedding in Punta Cana. There were around 60 people involved on the trip, but this is just my experience. We booked the trip 6 months in advance to make sure things went well. First they messed up our names on our tickets. After that we booked two excursions off of the resort. They told we had to pay at the resort, then a week before the trip they said we had to book and pay at liberty. We did as they said and paid them for the excursions.

When we got to our destination our excursions were never booked. From the time we booked the trip until we left for our trip it was chore for us to get any information from our agent. She never returned our calls or followed up on things we asked. Others on our trip had the same or worse experiences. They can write their own reviews. I know we will never use Liberty Travel again.

Original review: May 29, 2014

The voice in the Liberty Travel MyTime video at ** and other Internet locations (such as YouTube) begins with the following transcript: “MyTime is a new concept in vacations, providing unique recognition, extra amenities, and special touches when traveling, all at no additional cost. With MyTime, you will vacation like a VIP.” Next, as the video shows a greeter at the airport holding a MyTime sign welcoming a couple and then an Olympus Concierge van with purple MyTime decal taking a couple from the airport to their hotel, the video voice says: “Upon arrival at the airport, you will be greeted by your MyTime representative, with a chilled bottle of water and information about your stay. With an exclusive transfer to your resort, you can be sure your MyTime vacation has begun in style.” Similarly, Liberty Travels MyTime Brochure available as a PDF on their website (**) contains the same quoted sentences in print.

Contrary to the above statements, Liberty Travel does NOT always honor the transport from the airport to the hotel (and vice versa on your return trip) as a no-additional-cost MyTime perk, which certainly catches the traveler(s) by surprise. We elected to travel to the Melia Caribe Tropical resort in Punta Cana in May 2014 upon the recommendation of a Liberty Travel agent who informed us that this resort is one of their MyTime locations.

For purposes of full disclosure, when we first booked our trip, the Liberty Travel agent offered to arrange the airport-hotel transportation with what he called a company we exclusively work with (without naming the company) for an additional US$77.00 in our travel package. We declined the offer, thinking it an unnecessary upgrade option, given the expectation that we would simply use the basic MyTime transportation without incurring additional cost, based on the Liberty Travel video, brochure, and email communication with the agent. Just before the trip, we double-checked on the travel plans and MyTime perks with the Liberty Travel agent. With regard to the transport, he instructed us, “Just look for Olympus Tours in the orange polo shirts,” and reassured us that, “They are a great company and will take care of everything for you. They already have your flight information and know when you are arriving.” (documented in written email communication).

However, upon arrival in Punta Cana and finding the Liberty Travel MyTime /Olympus Tours counter at the airport as we were instructed to do by our Liberty Travel agent, there was much confusion about our names not being on some list. Eventually, Olympus Tours agreed to transport us, but charged us US$26.00 in cash for a one-way ride to the resort. At the end of our trip, we again had to pay US$26.00 in cash for transport back to the airport. While we were in Punta Cana, various Olympus Tours and Melia Caribe Tropical resort staff informed us that (1) the transport should have been covered as part of the MyTime program as we had expected, and (2) our Liberty Travel agent should have placed our names on the Olympus Tours list for transport from airport to hotel and vice versa. Furthermore, Olympus Tours offered to reimburse us in full in cash, as long as we could get our Liberty Travel agent to confirm that we were on a MyTime trip.

So, once we got to the resort, we immediately contacted the Liberty Travel agent. Much to our shock and dismay, the agent refused to help, telling us that we should have paid Liberty Travel in advance for the transport through Olympus Tours. He informed us, “You are entitled to the MyTime transfers because of the resort you're staying at but you would have had to pay for that with me in advance for them to have your name on the list showing you paid.” (documented in written email communication)

SAY WHAT?! This made absolutely no sense to us, because MyTime perks, including transfer, are supposedly provided all at no additional cost. We pointed out the exact wording of the perks described in the MyTime video and brochure, and referred to previous email correspondence with the Liberty Travel agent. We told the agent, “It feels like a bait-and-switch routine by Liberty Travel, seemingly promising one thing and delivering another (in the MyTime program description),” and that we were extremely disappointed in the treatment by Liberty Travel on this matter (documented in written email communication).

His response: “I'm sorry you feel that way but transfers are not complimentary with MyTime. The only time transfers are free is when stay at a [S]andals resort and the representatives at Olympus know it's not free so I'm not sure why they would tell you that. I wish Olympus did provide free transfers for our guests but unfortunately they do charge which is what we pass onto our clients.” (documented in written email communication).

As any logical thinker or lawyer can see, the Liberty Travel agents description of the airport-hotel transport is the exact OPPOSITE of that in the MyTime video and brochure. The agent insisted that we should have paid a transport fee to Liberty Travel in advance, although the MyTime program describes the transport as a no-additional-cost included perk. We were left to figure out and pay for the transportation on our own, both directions.

We contend that Liberty Travel should put a disclaimer in their MyTime video, brochure, and any other forms of advertisement that NOT all of the perks described are available at every MyTime resort, if what our agent says is indeed true (e.g., airport-hotel transport included only at Sandals resorts). Otherwise, Liberty Travel should be charged with FALSE ADVERTISING. Furthermore, if Liberty Travel was truly just passing on the Olympus transport fee as the agent mentioned, we find it curious that Liberty Travel would charge US$77.00 for a transport costing US$52.00. At this point in time, Liberty Travel has no interest in reimbursing our US$52.00 for the unexpected transport fees. We have lost trust in Liberty Travels’ ability to provide clear, accurate, and consistent information.

Original review: May 17, 2014

We have been using Liberty Travel for some 10 to 12 years now. With several destinations, Caribbean, Mexico, with different travel friends. One of our friends that used Liberty with other friends told me that she received a $50.00 rebate for every new customer that she booked with Liberty. I must have introduced four new customers, including her. I never saw a nickle. Is she telling me the truth, or is it bull?

Original review: March 20, 2014

I was so displeased with the service I received...well I did not really receive or attention. As I was sitting looking at 3 associate take phone call while I was sitting there waiting for someone to say "hello someone will be right with you" or even a "hello" no acknowledgement what so ever? Can't wait to tell the rest of my friend about my experience. Friends who have vacation coming up this year, we will take our money elsewhere. I will certainly take my business elsewhere as well. I am traveling to Jamaica my whole family, in July... I guess they lost that business. Just say hello when someone walk into your business. Please.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a cruise for last march. Upon our first deposit we did not ask for insurance. About 2 months before trip my girlfriend went for a routine mammogram. She was then asked to return for a second mammogram. Before doing so she called Liberty Travel and asked our agent if she could add insurance. We were assured that it was not too late and so we did at the cost of about 150.00. We were also told that we would not have any problem with any refund if needed.

8 days later she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Surgery was scheduled for a double mastectomy one week before our trip. We had to cancel. We got money from Royal Caribbean but nothing from Liberty. After waiting approx 5 months the insurance company denied our claim stating pre-existing condition. We were able to prove that nothing was diagnosed till after insurance was purchased. We appealed and denied again. We weren't looking for money back, but just to reschedule.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

Contacted Agent about group doing a Cruise. One agent said, "great, I can come meet at your house." She never showed. I contacted another agent which was the manager we were in contact for about a month. Finally he said, "let's meet and get everyone together." He never called or showed. This liberty Travels is located on Roosevelt Blvd. They really suck bad.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2014

They know nothing of the hotels they book. They are inadequate at their jobs. They are the rudest people ever. Cindy ** and Wendy (who wouldn't give a last name ) are not qualified to be in the field of dealing with people. Cindy booked most of the trip. We asked for a balcony room - we got none. Cindy told us we had breakfast. Our hotel didn't even do breakfast. Our plane was canceled. Liberty Travel said was not their job to rebook flight. Then simply hung up on me. Great people. Hmm. I WAS TO LIE AND GIVE A SOB STORY SO I COULD MAYBE GET HOME ON THE DAY PLANNED. WELL GUESS WHAT, NOW I'M STUCK IN THE AIRPORT. I will never use this company, Nor will I allow anyone else in my family to use it.

Liberty Travel Company Information