2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

West Palm Beach, FL

3.2/5 (276 ratings)

About HotelPlanner.com

HotelPlanner is a hospitality website that specializes in group hotel reservations. It helps you find lower prices for hotel bookings by instantly comparing bids from its various partners. It has a network of hotels all over the world and guarantees the lowest real-time rates.

Pros

• Compares multiple bids
  • Low negotiated rates
  • Can save time

Cons

• Limited customer service
  • Confusing system

Bottom Line

HotelPlanner is a hospitality reservation service that specializes in group hotel bookings. It offers access to low negotiated rates and gives you the opportunity to compare hotel prices before making a reservation.

Top HotelPlanner.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We booked a hotel room under a wedding party with a no cancellation rule applied to the group rate, however unexpectedly our family tested positive with COVID that week. The staff...

Verified

I have never had such a wonderful customer service experience before! The team was extremely helpful in navigating me through a difficult decision to cancel my preplanned trip aft...

What is HotelPlanner?

HotelPlanner is a website where hotel and travel vendors can post nightly rates for their rooms and services. It guarantees the lowest prices if you book ten rooms or more at once; when there’s a discrepancy between group rates negotiated by HotelPlanner and a hotel’s posted promotional rates, the hotel is contractually obligated to adjust its rate for HotelPlanner users. Once you book a room, HotelPlanner isn’t involved in further transactions.

How does HotelPlanner work?

To book a stay on the HotelPlanner site, you’ll input your specifications, such as:

• Destination
  • Dates
  • Group type
  • Estimated number of rooms
  • Budget range per night
  • Ideal star rating

Based on your selections, HotelPlanner contacts hotels for you and sends quotes within 48 hours. It also offers a list of hotels it didn’t contact in case you’d like to pursue other suitable options. Then you can contact hotels, decline bids or book instantly through HotelPlanner’s portal. The site also lets group members pay separately for their rooms. If you book and pay through HotelPlanner, your hotel won’t ask for payment at checkout (except for incidentals).

HotelPlanner fees

HotelPlanner doesn’t charge travelers any fees for its services; it makes money by taking a referral fee from hotels and service vendors. To make sure you pay no more than necessary when booking for a group, HotelPlanner advises searching for one room at a time, as hotels often allocate a limited number of rooms at a transient rate. Once you find a good rate, increase the number of rooms and see if the same rate is still available.

HotelPlanner FAQ

Can I make changes to my HotelPlanner reservation?
It depends on what you want to change and when, but any changes must be made through a HotelPlanner representative rather than the hotel or service provider. Read your confirmation email for more information.
Where is HotelPlanner available?
HotelPlanner is available for booking all major hotels in the U.S. and in many destination cities abroad. It has a network of more than 55,000 hotels domestically and almost as many internationally.
Is HotelPlanner safe?
HotelPlanner uses a secure commerce server that encrypts credit card numbers and doesn’t release your personal information to hotels.
Can you make group reservations with HotelPlanner?
Yes. HotelPlanner specializes in group reservations and lets you book in blocks — most hotels won’t offer a HotelPlanner quote for fewer than nine rooms.

Is HotelPlanner legit?

HotelPlanner is a legitimate resource for professional event planners or large event coordinators. That said, make sure you’re familiar with the company’s cancellation policy and refund conditions and procedures. If you’re coordinating hotel arrangements for others, we advise that you thoroughly review your reservation form, retain all receipts and let your group know what to expect.

HotelPlanner.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We reached out via The Knot for a group reservation hotel inquiry with the Newport News Marriott at City Center. Shortly after, I received an email from the account manager, Bryan **. He informed me that he reached out to the Marriott hotel manager and provided me with the hotel rate. He stated that he was in the process of trying to get us a better rate and would be in touch. He followed through with this request and provided us with a lower rate for our wedding guests. He helped set up the room block with the Marriott so that we could start sending out the information to our guests. It was very generous of him to try and get a lower rate than the initial rate, because it ended up working and we felt relieved to be able to offer our guests such a reasonable rate among other expenses that they would be paying for, especially since many of them were traveling/flying to be here for our big day.

Bryan later reached out to me about two weeks before our wedding. He stated that he wanted to try and help with requesting free room amenity upgrades for our group. He requested that I send him our current rooming list with any VIPs marked and he would pass on the upgrade request to the hotel for us. He informed me that although it is not guaranteed, it doesn't hurt to ask. I sent him a copy of our rooming list and mentioned that if anyone is able to be upgraded, we would hope that it could at least be our room. Aside from being the bride and groom, we would have the bridal party getting ready in our connecting rooms so it would offer more space when getting ready to be upgraded.

A few days before the wedding, we did ask our group rooms coordinator about any possible upgrades. To our surprise, she upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! Although I am not sure exactly who to thank for this upgrade, I do know that Bryan had reached out to the manager prior to our arrival and sent over the VIP guest list as promised, and therefore can't help but think that some of our gratitude should be gifted towards him. After our wedding, Bryan sent me a follow-up email informing me that if I sent him the group stay report, that we could receive a free hotel room voucher as a way of the company thanking us for using their service and being a value customer.

I had not checked my email until at least a day or two after the wedding and therefore I did not obtain a group stay report. Bryan went ahead and called the hotel to receive it and he uploaded it for me. He said not to worry about a thing because he had taken care of it and uploaded the document and that I should be on the lookout for our voucher. I really appreciated his help throughout this process. He was so generous and responsive and just assisted in making this process easy and enjoyable!! Thank you to this company for their great customer service!! :)

Hello,

Thank you! We love being able to provide the service that our customers seek. We are glad to hear that Bryan was able to assist you with your booking. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Sincerely,

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My family had a last minute need for a hotel with lots of space and a kitchen. We were able to find a great deal and book it very simply. I have used a lot of travel sites and this was by far the most intuitive and user friendly. After booking, we realized that the dates we chose were not ideal for our stay. So I sent a message to the customer service team late that night, and woke to a response from the very pleasant Karen ** who was extremely helpful. Not only was Karen prompt in her reply, but she also called the hotel on our behalf and got the dates changed for us, on the day we were supposed to check in! If you want to travel without hassle, and have support when you need it, this is the place.

Greetings Kraig,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that Karen was able to assist you with your booking, we are always happy to help! We are pleased to hear you were happy with our services. We strive to provide the kind of service our customers seek. We look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

This is a review of Karen **, who helped me out after I discovered that there is a discrepancy with my reservation, (3) days prior to checking-in to Hyatt Place Hotel in Long Island City NY. I've learned that there was only (1) room reserved for my family, when back in April 2021 I reserved (2) rooms with Hotel Planner. As soon as I called for support in regards to the situation, Karen went into action to get my concern resolved. One day before my family checks in, (2) rooms were confirmed reserved to us. Then, when we checked-in to the hotel, the hotel charged us the second time, even though we paid Hotel Planner way in advance. Again, I messaged Karen about the situation, and she resolved the problem expeditiously.

My point is, "even though things aren't getting perfectly, Karen made it as less painful and less heart-breaking as possible for me and my family." If it was another customer service representative, I would have started cursing. But it never happened, because Karen took care of all my concerns right away! My deepest appreciation and much thanks for a job-well-done to Karen!

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am very sorry to hear that there were difficulties with your reservation. We are pleased to hear you were happy with Karen's assistance. We strive to provide the kind of service our customers seek. We look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I’m still waiting on my refund that you owe me. My fiancé had already made reservations and paid for two rooms for the 14th and checked out on 15 August. I didn’t know he had already paid for room. I really need my money ASAP please. Our stay there was excellence in customer service. Was excellent. I would love to be able to stay there again if you guys would give me my refund back.

Hello,

I see that our agent has put in the request for your refund to be processed. I have requested it to be expedited for you. I do apologize for the delay!

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: May 12, 2021

Originally, I booked through the hotel. They signed some contract with the organization that I belong to. So until that contract was signed, it was very difficult to make a reservation through HotelPlanner.com for that event. It took me many phone calls to HotelPlanner. Because the hotel couldn't make the reservation, they had to go through HotelPlanner. They had one number, and it was with the director, and she never returned any of my calls until the sixth one. And then by that time, the contract went through. Then I was able to do it online. The coordination was chaotic. They didn't do a good job. You call the hotel and say, "I want to make a reservation through the Midwest Pickleball Association.” And they go, "We can't make the reservation. You gotta go through HotelPlanner. Here's the phone number for HotelPlanner." And it was her direct line.

She's the top person in that group sales department. That was frustrating. I even called the tournament director, told him what the problem was. But it all got rectified. It just seemed to take weeks for all of that to get cleared up to where I can go right through the site and make the reservations. Then it became easy. Before all that, it was terrible. That problem was there was no link. They just had you call the hotel. And then once the link was there that said "HotelPlanner", then we could click on HotelPlanner and get right in. Once it was established, it was fine. It all went very smooth.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

DO NOT USE HOTELPLANNER.COM - I cancelled a reservation in June 2021 (for travel in March 2022) and I AM STILL WAITING FOR A REFUND. I have contacted HotelPlanner multiple times and get the same generic response saying my refund has been processed. It most certainly hasn't. The cost is almost $800, not a small amount of money. This is a total scam. Please do not use this website. If I could give them zero stars I would.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

They are irresponsible. I reserved for a number of guests per room and the page confirmed and when I called the hotel it was wrong and their option was that I cancel the reservation, because they could not change it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

The staff was very accommodating and concerned. Sent me my refund right away. They also checked around to see if there were any hotels closer to the airport. I do not feel that they could have done more to help me in my situation.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

We had to cancel our reservation at the last minute due to the quality of the hotel in question being absolutely horrible and we did not feel safe staying there. We are really grateful that you gave us a full refund despite us not being able to give 24 hours cancellation notice.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

The customer service we received has been terrible. Once I finish with the most recent transaction, I will never use them again. I got introduced to this through my Membership in USAPA. It was supposed to be a benefit. We had a problem in September where we were put in the wrong hotel, I tried to switch to the proper location, same chain 10 miles away, but they could not help me.

On the plus side they did say they would issue a voucher. Today 11/27 I found out the voucher had never been issued. With a simple phone call this was fixed. So I tried to use the voucher today. It did not cover my entire bill. I thought I had added enough funds, but had missed the taxes. I can no longer add funds. I called the number they gave me and was transferred 3 times, hung up on once. Still not able to add the funds so I can complete my reservation after 30+ minutes on the phone. I also looked and by going through HotelPlanner this room was costing me $35.00 more than if I booked it direct on my own...so where is the benefit in that. I would be happy to speak to a customer service person about this, hopefully one based in the United States.

HotelPlanner.com Company Information